SoCalGas

California

Compare Utility Companies

Research top Utility Companies recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

The customer service and service managers are beyond incompetent. Each time they call, they say things will get resolved. And 6 months after I initiated a move, each time I'm told my payment will be applied correctly, not one follows up with any other department. Now, I have one account where I am no longer live showing a past due balance in collections for $16.20 and $60+ dollars credit just sitting in limbo not applied to anything.

I have excellent credit and never pay anything even a day late. Due to incompetence and unprofessional communication from SoCal Gas who each time is SO RUDE or just asks, "so what do you want me to do?" A manager states that! A supervisor of a manager said the same thing. Apathy plus incompetence are getting my account in poor standing and there is NOTHING I can do!

I have been living in the same location for 7 years. The first 2 years the gas bill averaged $18-30 monthly, until a few years ago I noticed a slight increase ($75 bill). I called SoCal Gas and was told I no longer receive the CARE program. (To call LIHEAP.) Approximately 3 years ago, I noticed the bills weren't coming on a consistent cycle, I'd have to call to avoid disconnection.

I have reported smells of gas several time, concluded in a very slight leak with water heater; replaced it with a new one. Completed payment arrangements and urgent requests up to $300 on the spot to avoid disconnections. I continue to call in for gas leak inspections; no findings. My bill has then increased to over $600 within 2 months. I made another arrangement today to avoid disconnection and have not seen a bill in over 3 months.

A question I always ask every time when speaking to representatives is "How can you have a precise reading of the meter when I have never had or seen a meter-reader come out?" (I have an old meter, a locked gate, and 3 pit bull dogs in the yard.) I was told the meter-readers use binoculars. I don't believe the meter can be read from outside the yard and the conditions of the meter. I should not have been held responsible to pay or continue to pay for false, dishonest, estimated reading and nothing is being done. I have been inconvenienced for too long and it's not right. I have done my part in completing my due diligence. This bill crisis needs to stop.

First I would like to say their customer service is terrible, and they do nothing to try and help make their service better. Another thing is that their website is down half the time and very hard to get to anything and understand, if you have a past due bill and your service is shut off, it doesn't give you right price to pay. And when I called to get my service back on after I paid my bill right away they said it would take a week. Another thing I was not receiving emails or any notice that my bill was past due, until my service was shut off. I'm going to call the Public Commission to make a complaint and I highly recommend everyone else does so that we can help each receive better service, the number to call is 1-800-649-7570. Let's get better service

I received an estimated bill from SoCalGas for my monthly usage indicating I had used 171 therms in the amount of $235.71 and that I was over the baseline by 122 therms. The bill indicated an Over Baseline fee of $145.93 because I was only allowed to use 49 therms and my estimated bill stated a current reading of 209 therms with a previous reading of 044 therms. I read my gas meter that showed a reading of 157 indicating I was overbilled by 52 therms. I'm sure I am not the only customer that is the victim of consumer fraud by SoCalGas Company to help pay for their Porter Ranch toxic disposal.

Two days ago they shut off our gas after I missed a payment (yes, my fault, but I'd had a credit on the books with them for five months). I made the payment within one hour. Gas won't be turned on for a week. I have been a customer for almost 30 years with no prior mistakes. Five people, no hot water, no stove, for a week. CPUC doesn't regulate them since they are not a privately-owned company, though I filed a complaint anyway. How can they be allowed to do this with an basic utility?! Conveniently, their website is down or I'd attach my bill to this complaint; it's been down for almost three days (socalgas.com).

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SoCalGas?

The customer service is awful, website poorly designed, not friendly. I thought I have had set up the automatic payment, but it was not, they just stored my CC information apparently for no reason. So I got the service cut and paid it. Called for the reconnection, the call took forever to go through and when I finally got to talk to someone they scheduled me 4 days later. They failed to access for another outside reasons and the installer doesn't have phone or a way to communicate with the dispatch and ask to contact the customer, so they left, adding more days. Lack of communication, common sense on a company and show no respect for customers.

Unfortunately our gas service was disconnected for 74.00, so we paid it, and stay home all day to watch the service man drive out the driveway. The operator told me that the service men didn't have a phone to call when he was here, so I waited for him, and waited. Finally I get a call from SEMPRA ENERGY **, and Los Angeles number. I live in a 909 area code, so I didn't answer the # and figured I call the # BACK, and it was a SoCalGas #. Why couldn't they send the tech a note on his handheld to let him know I was there. Then they said they couldn't contact him. So the only thing they could do is schedule me a week out. I had to talk to a supervisor to get them to come out tomorrow. I guess we have to take what we get from these guys. I didn't vote to close Porter Ranch, heck I even work for you on major projects for years. TREATED ME BETTER ON THE JOB... SERVICE RECONNECT SUCKS, AND DISPATCH TOO.

Service after payment: My first complaint is that when the service person came out to turn my service off he did ring the door bell in order that I could have paid. This was have prevented me from being with service for over a week and them having to come back. My next complaint is that I paid my bill the same day it was turned off. I guess this is SoCalGas way of punishing customers for forgetting or not having the money. I inadvertently looked at my prior Payment day and thought I had until the 21st rather than the 17th. If their goal is to punish and inconvenience customers then congratulations. I hope I am not paying for this week. My service has been off. To top it off I am told that on top of my service not being turned on for a week in the heart of winter, I am told it will be a service call an all day call from approximately 7 am to 8:30 pm. I have had services for over 40 years.

I had a series of unfortunate events the past few months and forgot to pay this bill. I paid the full amount before 3:30 the day of disconnect and was told I would not be able to be reconnected for a week, then was told someone would be out Saturday. I understand this was my fault but gas is a necessity and I am scheduled to be out for the day Saturday. I have read a number of complaints and this seems to be a common problem. They had plenty of people to disconnect service but not enough to reconnect.

I called in to report a leak around my gas meter. HERNANDEZ at the gas company tells me they shut my gas off for nonpayment. I didn't even know it was shut off. Come to find out that the dude who shut my meter off broke the main line to my meter. I pay my bill and remind the idiot why I was calling to begin with. She states "not her problem," "I should have paid my bill" the soonest she can have someone out is 8 days later.

The 8th day arrives and technician notices the smell, proceeds to try and tighten a fitting and breaks the pipe completely. Now we have a full-on hazardous situation. Repair crew finally shows up- an hour later. Makes the repair and leaves. Gas is still off- I call the gas company only to be on hold for over 30 minutes.

TOTAL Monopoly on this utility- they don't give a crap about their customers. TOTAL AND UTTER ** the way I was treated. NO respect at all for this company.

I paid my bill early in the morning. In the afternoon a guy comes to the house and shuts off the gas. I called SoCalGas and asked them why they turned off my gas when a payment was made. They said "even though you made a payment you were still on the disconnection list." I told them they need to go back and turn it on. They wanted more money. Wouldn't even answer my questions until I paid. Paid the additional money and now I have to wait 7 days before anyone could go out. And they give me an all day appointment. 8 am to 8 pm. How is a family of five to take showers, eat, and stay warm.

Have SoCalGas on automatic payments for 8 years. For some reason in THEIR system the payment didn't go through. WITHOUT WARNING the guy shows up on Friday 4.30pm to shut it off. I pay the $500 immediately through the phone. But to reconnect... SoCalGas will take 8 days! I have a baby and an elder in the house. Ridiculous.

Total Crap! Never received a bill. Got turned off. Understandable. Call to reconnect and get an appointment 9 DAYS out. All day appointment. 8 am to 8 pm, or later. Guy shows up at 2:30 pm. My day is shot. Tyvm, SoCalGas. You set the customer service bar so low that an ant can't crawl under it. Great Job!!

I have been a SoCalGas customer for 30 years with a spotless record. Last month I started receiving BILLS at my home addressed to person I did not know. I marked them "return to sender" with clear details and they continued to appear in my mailbox. I then took to the phone to rectify this problem. AMAZING DISCOVERY!!! In following phone tree instructions I learn after all these years, SoCalGas Does not recognize ANY of my phone Numbers. Nor do they recognize my Account Number! Nor do they recognize that they provide service at my HOME... But their bills get to me and are PAID ON TIME each and every month! My EMAILS GO UNANSWERED! What is up here? What REGULATOR AGENCY do I complain to???? Grateful for any insight or advice you can offer!

I have been a SoCal gas customer for more than 3 years now. I have also lived in the same building for the entire duration I was a customer. I have never had a bill over $20 in the summer and maybe over $30 in the winter. So I am sure everyone can understand my genuine concern when I suddenly had a bill for $80 albeit in October. I hadn't turned on the heat and I had a lower bill when I had house guests a month before. I call the Gas company and express my concern. They send a person to test connections in my apartment 2 weeks later. The guy just showed tested the stove, gas heater and meter and claimed there was no 'leak'. I was provided no paperwork or documentation to even indicate what was done.

I called again and this time they sent someone to change my meter. Again the service person came and went - I had no idea he even came since he didn't call me, provide any paperwork to say the meter was changed. The gas company claimed I can go to the testing center to see the testing being done for the old meter. I declined indicating I don't know the workings of the meter testing. To my surprise the test came back negative and the HBI department claimed I had in fact used this excess gas. Needless to say my next gas bill also came up to a similar amount (again without using the heat in the apartment). I in the meantime had had the janitorial services department in my apartment come and double check every connection in my energy efficient building to confirm there were no leaks or over usage issues.

I called the HBI department twice in the next week to explain this bill was not valid, the charges needed to be explained to me and they are absolutely the worst customer service department I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They do not listen to reason and quick to blame you without listening to any sort of explanation. A quick assessment of my customer record would have told them I have never had such a high bill, I always paid on time and I have always lived in the same apartment building so there was no reason that explained this high bill for a residential customer (coming up to as much a commercial customer).

They seem entitled and decided I can "take it up to the CPUC" if I have further issues. Having myself worked at a utility company before, I know the CPUC can't do much about a single gas bill but I was absolutely appalled that every single person I spoke to each time I called back there had the same attitude and refused to put me onto anybody who could help me further.

I am a social worker at a hospital. We have an elderly (over 90 years old) patient in house, so I decided to call utilities to make sure none are disconnected. I am aware that there are regulations that prohibit disconnecting utilities under certain circumstances, mostly having to do with illness and disability. I politely explained the situation to Mr. **, who advised me with a snicker/snort that there are no laws that prevent the Gas Company from disconnecting. I, still politely, begged to differ with him and so advised him. Another guffaw, along with the comment, "I don't practice law." Really? I guess the question is whether there will be any repercussions if they do violate city regulations? If not, I guess they can continue to laugh in people's faces. Sad. Really sad.

My gas was shut off when I mistakenly forgot to pay my bill. I went online and paid the amount that was "past due" and then I called to get it turned back on. I was rudely told that the earliest appointment to get the gas turned on would be 10 days! I called again, hoping someone else would be nicer and get me an appointment earlier, but it was now 12 days. The woman was getting such satisfaction by saying, "That's the policy." I explained that I have 4 young children, and one needs special medication that needs to be heated in boiling water, but the representative at SoCal Gas could care less. She firmly said "no exceptions."

I finally called back and asked for a supervisor and Ms. ** from the San Gabriel office came on the line. Not only did she actually take the time to listen to me, and not make me feel like a criminal for forgetting to pay my bill, but she was so kind and understanding. She told me to hold the line and when she came back on she said, "I'm so sorry, I cannot get you an appointment for today, but I am able to get you in tomorrow." I couldn't believe it! She was so lovely I actually started to cry when I thanked her. Ms. ** is the kind of customer service supervisor every company should employ.

My gas was turned off for non payment on December 1st. I paid it immediately and set up the reconnection date. They told me the earliest would be the 8th! I was dumbfounded! To say the least... I didn't think legally they can make you wait a week to have hot water in your home? I understand I neglected to pay my bill, but, I thought it would've been a day to maybe 3? But, a whole week? Is that legal? Seriously is it?

Just spoke with the rudest supervisor at SoCal Gas Company, Mr. ** (if that is his real name). We had work done at our home last month that required disconnecting gas. The technician was too lazy to check if the central heater was reconnected properly, so he simply wrote notes that he was unable to get to the unit, with bunch of made up excuses. He omitted telling me that, when he had me sign the work payment receipt in order to collect $80.00 for 5 minutes he spent at our home. I have explained all this to the above mentioned Mr. **, emphasizing the fact that this is a problem caused by their technician, and also mentioning that my child is home sick, and asked for rushed service. Not only I did not receive even one apology word, I was harshly told to deal with it until they have people FREE to come and fix their problem, no sooner then 10 days!!!

This is outrageous. I did not ask for a new service, but only to fix their own mistake for which they charged a nice fat fee. Now my only option is to hire outside service and pay for something that SoCal Gas should handle! I am going to find other means to issue a formal complaint towards this Mr. **, who should definitely be fired or demoted from his position as a supervisor at customer service!

It does not matter how long the bill was past due or the timeframe given to pay the bill and the circumstances around. That is not the issue. The issue is with the Southern California Gas company once your account has been paid not how long they waited. Everyone in their life has come into financial hardships so to judge another based on their ability to pay is wrong. The issue is once payment has successfully been confirmed why does SoCal Gas have such a long wait time to restore service? The gas company is a necessity to a household especially with children in order to function properly.

That being said it should be priority to make sure utility customers are not going without the the three crucial necessity utilities which are electricity, water, & gas. Those three utility companies should make sure priority that their customers are not going without even if a financial hardship has taken place. Once it is corrected their job as the utility provider should be to restore service as soon as possible not drag their asses for 10 days and then connect it.

I don't understand what makes them so swamped that they cannot restored their customer's services in a timely fashion. There is no expedited service and that is a travesty. My gas was disconnected yesterday 11/10/ 2016 at 4 p.m. in the afternoon which gives little to no time to correct and restore service immediately. When I called within 5 minutes and paid bill I was told my services will not be reconnected until 11/18/2016. The fact that I have four small children under the age of 10 makes no difference whatsoever. I think that if this utility company thinks that because we don't have options to go with another one that they can treat us the way that they do and in the manner that they feel because what we going to do we can't go to their competitor.

Southern California Gas company's procrastination and absolutely horrible service for its customers is absolutely appalling after I was told my service would not be reconnected for 8 days. 20 minutes later driving to pick my kids up from school I see a gas company truck parked in the shade and The Gas Company employee was playing his cell phone. So yeah real busy. Tons to do right **!

This company has more problems than I knew they had... I'm a disabled, **, senior, living in Downey for 12 yrs now. I've had Socal Gas for at least 23 yrs now and I must admit, this is my very first negative experience and my first time ever having my service disconnected. Scheduled my reconnection for tomorrow, between 7am - 8pm, no problem. Well, I get a call and I have to cancel, no problem. Mrs. ** changes my appointment time for today, great! I actually sat here all day. Then around 2 or 3 pm, I receive a call from a lady, a rude, hyperactive lady at that! She never identified herself, she wanted to know where her tech could park.

Well, I'm a tenant myself, it's a group of apartments where I reside, it's time for people to come home from work, parking can be a challenge over here. I tell her, "I don't know, I'm not in control over parking and I'm not the mailman." The cable techs and maintenance techs get parking, so why can't the Gas Co. Well then, I suggest she allow her tech to park in front of my car in my parking space. Because I'm disabled, I agree to meet her outside to show her the space to park in. Well, I get up and go outside and I don't see anyone at first. Then, I see her 2 blocks away from the service address, she wasn't even looking for a park! She drives down to where I'm standing near my car. As I show her where the tech can park, she continues to get a bigger nasty attitude with me for some reason. I'm happy I'm getting my service restored, no attitude from me!

Well, she's just sitting there, I ask her to park here. She says to me, to have a nice day and drives off, leaves me standing there in front of my neighbors and things. I stand there for a minute to see if someone is going to return! Well no, no one returned! I feel she saw I was ** and she didn't want to help me. There was no reason for my service not to be restored, right now! It's been over a month that I haven't had hot water. I paid my bill, now do your part. This lady was prejudice and I want something done about her attitude! Now, they want to come tomorrow and I already changed my appointment day for today because I have a doctors appointment tomorrow. Can't do it, not leaving my key on nobody's porch!

The way they are stealing packages and things, they crazy when all she had to was come on in with her attitude and restore my service and go on her way. They are trying to inconvenience me because of my **. Because she was a supervisor of dispatch, she's throwing her weight around and refuses to return and restore my service. I was informed they work until they're done for the night, with all calls, but not mine. Tell me why. Now I'm ALL weekend without hot water. This is abusive and I want something done to this dispatcher. She needs some discipline, a letter in her file by her subordinate. I would like a response given to me, informing me of the steps that we're taking to take care of this racial situation.

I don't appreciate the way I was spoken to when she first called my phone. I've never been so disrespected by a company like you, ever! Thank you for accepting my complaint, but I'm not done. If I don't hear from you within a reasonable amount of time, I'll just go over your heads. So, I'll be waiting, and I thank you for listening. It means a lot to have someone to express to. I don't want to go higher or reach my legal counsel, I just want her disciplined within house and that's good enough. I appreciate you, God bless, talk soon. Bonnie **, devoted customer since 1986.

Well I've been a SoCal gas customer 8 years, I've never had any issues before today. Today however I find out my service has been shut off. I realize my scheduled auto bill pay (that I've used every month before this), didn't go through for whatever reason, and didn't pay the bill this round. I go to pay the bill (which miraculously doubled) and call to restore service. I was told that my service could be turned on sometime Nov 7th (if I wanted a half day time slot) or could be turned on Nov 4th (choosing the all day 7am-8pm "although might be later than 8pm" time slot). I asked if this was the earliest available appointment, especially considering that this "service disruption" came at no fault of my own, and I had bill pay with my debit card and bank account info registered, and this happened due to SoCal Gas's mistake.

They said this was the earliest they could do. Also to ensure I didn't leave the house at all the day they are scheduled to come out, and that there was a chance the technician may be even later so I should leave all my porch lights on, and plan to stay at my house 7am-10pm the day to reinstate service. I explained I have a 6 month old infant at home, who may need warm milk, a bath, or hear considering it's the end of Oct., and that 10 days without this is detrimental to his health and well being, and that I have no family in the state to help me where I can go shower or bath my child, feed him or otherwise. They said that the 10 days was actually a CONSIDERABLY earlier time than what they could have offered saying they have me a special earlier appointment because I have a infant at home?!

I asked what I could do, that I'd pay anything, do anything, but needed the ability to warm up his bottles and bathe him, keep him warm, and it's my son's life and wellness is on the line, and they said they couldn't do anything. Listen I understand "policy". I understand adults needing to suck it up, and tough things out. And if it were just me without these services for 10 days- no problem. However that's not the case, and to have such robotic, non-considerate humans working at a company that provides a significant public service to every resident in such a large state, it's awful. All of the nonsense is excused by the company as being understaffed, and serving thousands of customers every day.

This is where my biggest issue is. A company that I'm FORCED to participate with, because they hold a monopoly on Gas utility market, should be forced to break its monopoly, and allow a competitor to join, or meet the demand. They are so burdened with thousands of customers each day they can't satisfy customer needs? NO! They just don't care to, and highly because they know they hold a monopoly. Secondly they could chose to hire more people, pay more, modify their policies and procedures, but they don't. This is a company who recently had a huge gas leak in my neighborhood endangering hundreds of families, and not only did they fail to act then, but after this they add insult to injury and basically say "We don't care."

People need to take action, and I include myself in this. I plan to write to my local government and petition for this mismanaged, halfwit-ran, greedy, god-awful company, to adopt better customer care policies, propose common sense services, and enforce penalties for this company when they don't. There are thousands of us who write about this daily. It's time we all take action. To demand this company, the one that manipulatively forces people like us to have to use their services, overcharges and bleeds us dry, and adds insult to injury after all this, face the consequences of its actions. The best way to do that is the threat of people so fed up, they won't stop until they get respect and justice for a ethical utilities company in SoCal.

Imagine you ingested 10xs the recommended dose of laxatives, then you proceeded to hop aboard a roller coaster, all the while having a "drugs-free" root canal performed on you, with wild honey badger in your lap, and poison oak all over your body. If that sounds like your idea of fun, call SoCal Gas company some time. They are exactly just as enjoyable as the aforementioned experience.

I've lived in two major cities and dealt with number of utilities and internet companies with bad customer service. None of them, NONE of them even come close to the level of horrendous, useless "customer service" I got From Southern California Gasoline Company. They call themselves SoCal Gas so they sound cutesy when they're ruthlessly destroying the environment. But when they're not doing that, they're busy ruthlessly exploiting their hard working customers.

You have no other options and they know that so they can get away with treating you like ** and charging you ridiculous fees for services you already pay for. I paid $70+ to get my hot water turned back on and they won't turn it on. The service guy was in a rush to get out of here. Everyone I've dealt with at this company is a turd with the exception of one service rep who helped me out last her, god bless your soul. I hope this company gets shut down and all the execs rot in jail where they belong. As for the customer service rep I truly advise any and all companies to not hire ANY of these people for a service job EVER.

My husband recently became incapacitated in certain areas such as driving, speaking on the phone and other things due to an AVM. I am hearing impaired and I have to take over all of the business dealings with creditors. SoCalGas has threatened to shut off our gas ONE DAY before payday. We originally were set to pay it off completely this past Wed but my husband was rushed to the hospital with this AVM and paying SoCalGas was forgotten. I have tried to contact them to no avail. SoCalGas has NO email address by which I can communicate with them.

I have no cell, no tty and cannot hear. Therefore in order to avoid having gas shut off, which should be illegal in my husband's case, I had to overdraft on our bank account. This company has also breached agreements before, causing overdrafts by taking money out of our account ONE DAY before promised and agreed. I wish another company would replace them. One that has integrity and does not discriminate against the handicapped and disabled.

I made a mistake after moving and didn't set up auto bill pay and then had to leave town. Came back, gas was off with a notice. Quickly paid bill and set up auto bill pay. Then they tell me I can't get service back until the end of the month! I mean come on. Since they have no competitors, not sure what to call this but crony capitalism I guess. Can't switch to someone else. And they need to maximize profit so they won't hire more people of course. Not a fan of monopolies and this is one example.

Just like so many other people on this site I have received a bill that has doubled or tripled. Out of nowhere. The gas company cannot really explain why this gas hike has happened. Also I received the bill and the disconnection notice pending. I paid the pending disconnection notice on Southern California Gas site in full. It indicated that the payment was scheduled 2 to 3 days later. Well...six days later they disconnected my gas service. I call to find out what was going on and they told me it was because I paid my bill after the due date. I explained to them that I paid the bill when I received the pending disconnection notice prior to the disconnection date and their system was set up to take the money out 2-3 days days later. That is how their site is set up and out of my control but I paid on time, which has nothing to do with me making my payment on time.

The customer service representative was very rude and unprofessional. They talk like robots, they read off scripts and they're very unkind to a human situation that is taking part. They also went further and told me I needed to pay a deposit and reconnection fees even though I explained to them the bill was paid on time. I even had documentation from my bank showing when the money was requested to come out of my account which is on the day that I originally told them before the disconnection. It was like talking to a brick wall, no compassion whatsoever. I explain to them I have a sick child in the home and required my gas to be turned back on and expeditiously manner. The representative could care less.

My gas was scheduled to be turned on 7 days later which today being the first day. With a sick child, are they serious! This has to be unlawful. This Southern California Gas Company (monopoly) is a bully and they are simply outrageous and out of control. They are making the consumer pay for their mistakes and loses of Porter Ranch. Right now I am seeking to start a class action lawsuit for the this debauchery, unannounced tripling of the bill with no explanation and the unlawful disconnections with fees. Please join in...SoCal Gas has to be stopped!!!

On Wednesday the Gas Company disconnected my gas because had not pay, immediately the bill was pay with the debit and was told to call the Gas Co to have it connected. They set for connection for Tuesday 8/16/2016 meaning no gas for the apartment from 8/10/2016 total of 7 days with no hot water or able to cook for the family. I call them and stated to me this was the only day available and could not connect the gas. They are good in getting their money but not able to provide the service. Had this been a home in Bel Air, Beverly HILL OR WEST Hollywood they respond immediately but if you're a majority they practice redial profile.

We have recently moved to an apartment, so we had to have our gas turned on. The letter from the company said that in order to activate service, we had to show them 2 identities, whether in person or by fax. As we were willing to pay extra 40 bucks for Uber to go to Santa Ana with a baby to show our passports, we sent them a fax. They said it would take 5 days to see whether they have the fax. Then we got a letter that if we won't show our IDs they would cut off hot water.

We sent another fax with more scans. On July 27 if I am not mistaken it was cut off. Okay, I called an Uber, took the baby and went to Santa Ana with my and my husband's IDs. As he could not go there due to his work, I had to change the payer profile, so I made 3 calls from their office to change the profile. During the last call I was told that the earliest date the technician could come was August 8! Errr.. In more than a week! I got a bit disappointed, but okay. Besides there was a nice lady Gina who helped me a lot. So here comes August 8, we were so willing to finally get a bath! And we patiently awaited for the master to come from 8 am to 12 pm. And at 12.25 we had to leave for our classes and when we opened the door we saw a note saying "Sorry We Missed You." What?!

We have neighbors with kids. There is always some grass maintaining people with loud machines, could the person just knock 2 times or maybe CALL as it is 21 century?! It was so humiliating to get this notice and the worst part was still ahead. I called to reschedule the technician's arrival, and they said that the closest date is August 17. Are you kidding? You are providing service for a city, what on earth, you have 1 technician for thousands of people? If there was another gas company, we would immediately switch to it. The service that you provide is unacceptable and you're everywhere saying about "thanks for being our valued customer" is so pathetic and not true!

Our gas was disconnected on Friday, July 22nd and I called the same day before noon to pay the bill in full. The statement said $87.87 but when I called, they said 150 dollars plus 16 dollars of reconnection fee. I paid, expecting to go home to hot water and stove access. Today is July 25, and I am still without gas. I called to see what’s taking so long, and they informed me they will be unable to schedule a technician until August 1st. That's 10 days without access to hot water, cooking or laundry. The bill had been paid in full and was taken out of my account within minutes, but the service has not been received for 4 days now.

This is ridiculous considering we are a family of four who need gas for basic necessities such as need to shower and eat. I am waiting for upper management to contact me tomorrow so I can find out why my bill was doubled and why I won't have gas until August 1st. I am not shocked that this company has 1.5 stars for their service. I'd rate them 0 if I could.

I moved into a new place in Manhattan Beach and immediately called for service. It's a 10 day wait! No hot water, stove, etc. Ridiculous! And a very rude customer service agent, as well. Sorry to give them 1 star. They don't deserve any.

SoCalGas Company Profile