Call toll free
3.83/5

Illinois

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

For over 30 years, Santanna Energy Services has been the energy supplier of choice, providing natural gas and electricity for hundreds of thousands of residential customers across the Midwest. As an employee-owned company, every person on

our team is dedicated to our mission of developing lifelong relationships with our customers and our communities. As a result, our customers have peace of mind knowing that their energy needs are being met by people who share their same

values and who are committed to providing outstanding service quality. Everything we do is with you in mind including our new Customer Rewards Program that offers monthly rewards for shopping, dining, travel and more! After 30 years in the business, we understand firsthand the impact of having an

energy plan that will work for you for decades to come! At Santanna Energy it’s Our Company, Your Values! We look forward to working with you!

A+BBB Rating
View More View More

Santanna Energy Services Reviews

View 3 featured reviews
Original review: July 8, 2019

Santanna forgot to mention the extra $20 per month charge. It's not mentioned anywhere on my contract and rather than honor the contract they want to switch me to a higher rate and forgo the added $20 charge.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Representative was very pleasant and explained things in simple terms. Answered all questions. She did not have to go and ask other representatives for the answers. No issues with signing up for contract. Would highly recommend.

Original review: April 4, 2019

On 3/9/19 I signed up online for gas supply from Santanna Energy. Upon completion of the process I was presented with the opportunity to also sign up for electricity. Since I had also been shopping for electric supplier I recognized the rate they presented as quite competitive. Buried in the legalese of the offer (which I can no longer view to confirm) was an ADDITIONAL monthly charge of $20 which makes the rate completely non-competitive. What percent of customers read all the legalese?

Reinforcing the deception is the Welcome Letter which Santanna sent. Nicely formatted in a block on page 1 is MOST of the important information about the contract: Enrollment date, Contract length, price per kWh. Buried on page 3 in a long paragraph of legalese and in a smaller font is the additional $20 monthly administrative fee. Certainly that is as important as the price per kWh and should have equal prominence. Very deceptive, and I recommend avoiding this company.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Something a person that looks for when choosing a low rate is a monthly charge that pretty much cancels out the benefits of a low rate. I was told that if I had called, they would have notified me of that hidden charge but because of signing on through their easy online site, it was listed in the fine print. I have been a customer of Santanna for Gas and Electric service but that didn't matter.

Their answer was that I could pay the $100 early termination fee or just take a much higher rate and for all my trouble here is what they offered in their own words.

"We also offered the $25 rewards that will give you access to unlimited grocery coupons, Great shopping deals, Movie tickets, gift cards, and many more. There is about 500,000 different things you can use the $25.00 rewards on, and after using the $25 rewards, you will still have access to the great deals. Please let me know if you have not received the reward email from Santanna." Wow! What a great reason to stay with this company? Here is another very disappointed customer that will sing the praises of a non caring company called Santanna.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I can't believe I signed up with them for my electricity thinking I would get a good rate only to find out on my bill that they charge $20 admin fee every month. This is something that I was not made aware prior to me signing up and it will cost $100 if you cancel before the 12 months are up. And I also signed my mother up with them. I regret this decision and they will lose a customer as soon as the year is up. This is stealing.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Continued with Santanna as my natural gas supplier. Locked in a new rate (slightly higher than the previous 12 months) for 12 months, rather than going with a shorter term elsewhere and jumping around.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After a little more than a year, I am completely satisfied with Santana Energy Services, So satisfied, that I recently added them to be my electric supplier as well. Again, I expect no problems with their electric services as well. In this day and age where everyone is pinching pennies, it's nice to know that Santana can help you do that without sacrificing anything. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The customer service representative, Jazmine, was knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. She was able to answer my questions and assist me with my concern. I appreciated her patience and expertise.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Have been using them for my gas usage in Ohio for years. They are always easy to work with and I keep coming back. If the price drops they have also worked with me as long as I stay with their service. Great company!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We have had Santanna gas services for a while now and very satisfied with them. Their rates are lower than other suppliers. Makes the choice a lot easier to make. So far when I call a rep they seem to be helpful when you have a question.

Santanna Energy Services Company Information