3.8/5 (346 ratings)

About Santanna Energy Services

Santanna Energy Services provides electricity and natural gas plans to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Santanna makes it simple for customers to lock in long-term rates and use all the electricity and gas they need while paying the same bill every month. Homeowners can potentially pay lower rates if energy prices fall. Santanna also offers 100% renewable energy solutions for those looking to reduce their carbon footprint.

Pros

• No service interruption
  • 90-day trial
  • Rewards program

Cons

• Limited availability

Bottom Line

Santanna Energy Services is an electricity and natural gas plan provider serving the Midwest. It works with your distribution company to offer features like fixed pricing, renewable energy and bundled gas and electricity.

Santanna Energy Services Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Santanna Energy Services?

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have used Santanna for both my gas and electric service and needed to renew. Service rep was very attentive to my needs and questions. She explained all the information I needed and the rates. Happy with Santanna.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

I have been a customer since 2012. They are a great company. I have never had any issues with them. That in and of itself is rare today. The customer service reps are always very polite, knowledgeable and professional. They answer all of the questions without exception. They never have to check with anyone, they know their products and services.

At times people come to my door and what me to switch to their service. They always ask who I am with and when I tell them Santanna, they always tell me they can not beat the rate I receive from Santanna. It always confirms my decision to do business with them. Anyone in Michigan who uses Natural Gas would be foolish not to have Santanna as a provider. They have always been the least expensive. I just pay DTE as I always do and that is that. No fuss. Great Company and people. I highly recommend them. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I talked with Ashley ** on 8/21/2019 about my contractual agreement with Santanna Energy Services. This agreement ends on 10/10/2019 and I was under the impression I needed to respond early than the aforementioned date to cancel, discuss another option or by default be placed on a competitive market plan. Ashley explained that, “to cancel now before the end date" would prompt me to pay the cancellation fee.

Ashley advised me when exactly to call if I did not want to be placed on Santanna’s competitive market plan. Santanna Energy Services I was told mail letters to their customers nearing expiring service terms a couple months earlier with plans options should they be interested in staying or leaving as a customer. For me not to respond I understood would affirm my acceptance into their competitive market plan. My prompt response way too early was due to my lack of comprehension of the time frame in which I was to respond. Ashley did a great job in clarifying the correct interpretation of time I needed to contact Santanna Energy with my response.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Yanitza provide great customer service and it was definitely worth the phone call to lock in to a lower gas rate. She was kind and considerate and even apologized for the previous representative that put me on hold for 18 minutes and never came back. Her efficiency had me renewed in a matter of a few minutes! Awesome customer service!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

Nothing really bad to say, they had a great 9 month rate for gas when I signed up, and I called to request their renewal terms. There are better options out there at the current moment, but I would use them again if their rates swing back down.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2019

YANITZA was courtesy, experience and she was advised me to wait for today for better rates, which was I did and the very rates was .289 therm for 12 months and with no monthly fee. Thank you, Ronald **

Original review: July 10, 2019

I renewed both my gas and electric with Santanna Energy Service and the girl was very good, and both electric and gas were at a lower rate than my previous contracts which is good. It shows the honesty in the company and the willingness to keep its customers. Thank you.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I called to renew my contract with Santanna and spoke with Yanitza. She was very quick and efficient and quoted me a lower rate than I had researched online. (I was pleasantly surprised. Most companies want to raise your rate the second year and will not give you the low rates posted online.) I was pleased and satisfied with my experience with Santanna, and with the help Yanitza provided. Keep up the good work.

Original review: July 8, 2019

Santanna forgot to mention the extra $20 per month charge. It's not mentioned anywhere on my contract and rather than honor the contract they want to switch me to a higher rate and forgo the added $20 charge.

Original review: July 5, 2019

Representative was very pleasant and explained things in simple terms. Answered all questions. She did not have to go and ask other representatives for the answers. No issues with signing up for contract. Would highly recommend.

Original review: April 4, 2019

On 3/9/19 I signed up online for gas supply from Santanna Energy. Upon completion of the process I was presented with the opportunity to also sign up for electricity. Since I had also been shopping for electric supplier I recognized the rate they presented as quite competitive. Buried in the legalese of the offer (which I can no longer view to confirm) was an ADDITIONAL monthly charge of $20 which makes the rate completely non-competitive. What percent of customers read all the legalese?

Reinforcing the deception is the Welcome Letter which Santanna sent. Nicely formatted in a block on page 1 is MOST of the important information about the contract: Enrollment date, Contract length, price per kWh. Buried on page 3 in a long paragraph of legalese and in a smaller font is the additional $20 monthly administrative fee. Certainly that is as important as the price per kWh and should have equal prominence. Very deceptive, and I recommend avoiding this company.

Original review: April 3, 2019

Something a person that looks for when choosing a low rate is a monthly charge that pretty much cancels out the benefits of a low rate. I was told that if I had called, they would have notified me of that hidden charge but because of signing on through their easy online site, it was listed in the fine print. I have been a customer of Santanna for Gas and Electric service but that didn't matter.

Their answer was that I could pay the $100 early termination fee or just take a much higher rate and for all my trouble here is what they offered in their own words.

"We also offered the $25 rewards that will give you access to unlimited grocery coupons, Great shopping deals, Movie tickets, gift cards, and many more. There is about 500,000 different things you can use the $25.00 rewards on, and after using the $25 rewards, you will still have access to the great deals. Please let me know if you have not received the reward email from Santanna." Wow! What a great reason to stay with this company? Here is another very disappointed customer that will sing the praises of a non caring company called Santanna.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I called to inquire about my natural gas rate since I had noticed a significant increase in my January bill. My lower locked-in rate had expired at which time the rates became variable which explained the increase. The fixed rates and terms offered by Santanna are very competitive, in fact one of the lowest I've found so I will be staying with Santanna for at least another 12 months. Santana's customer service representatives have always been helpful. I am very satisfied with the service I receive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

I can't believe I signed up with them for my electricity thinking I would get a good rate only to find out on my bill that they charge $20 admin fee every month. This is something that I was not made aware prior to me signing up and it will cost $100 if you cancel before the 12 months are up. And I also signed my mother up with them. I regret this decision and they will lose a customer as soon as the year is up. This is stealing.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Continued with Santanna as my natural gas supplier. Locked in a new rate (slightly higher than the previous 12 months) for 12 months, rather than going with a shorter term elsewhere and jumping around.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

After a little more than a year, I am completely satisfied with Santana Energy Services, So satisfied, that I recently added them to be my electric supplier as well. Again, I expect no problems with their electric services as well. In this day and age where everyone is pinching pennies, it's nice to know that Santana can help you do that without sacrificing anything. I wholeheartedly recommend them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The customer service representative, Jazmine, was knowledgeable, professional, and helpful. She was able to answer my questions and assist me with my concern. I appreciated her patience and expertise.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Have been using them for my gas usage in Ohio for years. They are always easy to work with and I keep coming back. If the price drops they have also worked with me as long as I stay with their service. Great company!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We have had Santanna gas services for a while now and very satisfied with them. Their rates are lower than other suppliers. Makes the choice a lot easier to make. So far when I call a rep they seem to be helpful when you have a question.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

The experience so far with the customer representative was very pleasant and she was able to explain to me my savings for my gas bill. The third party as well did go over my account and it was accurate. Thank you for all your help.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Santanna took their time explaining the benefits for being my electric supplier. They didn't pressure me but showed me the big picture of what I was paying and what I will be paying going forward. No other company has taken the time that Santanna did.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

Corazon was an excellent customer service representative! She answered my questions and guided me through the process to sign up for another 12-month fixed rate contract for natural gas for my home. I was very pleased with the experience.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Chose Santanna as our electric supplier in Ohio. Received our monthly bills and each month they charged a $9.99 administration fee, REALLY... I had never agreed to an outrageous monthly fee for being their customer. They lure you in with a competitive monthly rate then make up an add on charge. Should have stayed with my original supplier, stay away from them or be very cautious and check your invoices.

Santanna Energy Services response

Hello David

I apologize for your frustration and would love to speak with you regarding your issue.

John

Customer Experience & Consumer Services Manager

Original review: June 20, 2018

The enrolment process was smooth and seamless and it worked. The interaction with customer service was good. They were friendly and quick to answer the phone. Santanna is a reliable energy provider. I did the apples to apples comparison and chose them due to the cost factor. I wanted a lower cost.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I've been with Santanna Energy for years just to buy the natural gas cheaper. And every year, I price it. I'm hoping I'd get the price even lower later. I just went out of contract, so I wanted to get it in what I could. They do a great job but it all boils down to price. Also, my experience with the Santana team was good. In fact, I referred a guy to them and they should give a referral fee.

Original review: May 25, 2018

I've had Santanna gas for almost 20 years. At the time their gas rates were better and had better savings. Enrolling was easy and over the years, my interactions with their customer service has been very good. They were always able to answer all my questions and were always very friendly.

Original review: May 24, 2018

I have Santanna as my energy service. They were cheaper than the other energy service providers. Enrolling with Santanna was easy. I just asked for the price and when they told me the price, I signed up with them. My interactions with the customer service reps were fine.

Original review: May 23, 2018

The only problem I had with Santanna was that they jacked my rate up to like double the market rate once my 12 months was up. If you don’t watch it knowing your term is up, they’ll get you a real high rate. But then I re-signed up with them for another cheaper rate. They also said they sent me a letter to tell me that my term was ending. But, I didn’t see the letter.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I have Santanna Energy gas at my office and I've been using them for three years now.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I did an apples-to-apples search on websites regarding energy cost and the rates of Santanna Energy Services were lower. Enrolling with Santanna was easy and it was professionally done. Most of the customer service reps were knowledgeable and professional, with the exception of one who didn't seem to know his job. Santanna has very competitive rates and I've recommended them already. I told my friends that they should investigate and they would probably take advantage of Santanna's rates.

Santanna Energy Services Company Information