California

2.9/5 (412 reviews)

About Pacific Gas and Electric

Pacific Gas and Electric Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Gas and Electric?

Original review: March 16, 2023

I was just on the phone to talk for my parents who spoke broken enough and all the person says is, "I can't let you talk to me." My parents even verify they were by me. He did not help with everything. He only helped with something I already had the number for. I needed to fix my dad's email but the person wouldn't allow it. It was a complete nightmare since my parents don't know what are emails. They are very old. I don't know if PG&E cares about their customers but they really make things tough and they wonder why their phone calls have nothing but grumpy people since they can have those who speak fluent talk for them. If I could give a 0 star I would. We've been customers for more than 30+ years and they are still rude. It's very insulting. If it's just that one guy, he needs to leave if he's representing the whole company.

Original review: March 10, 2023

My PG&E bill has always been between $20-$60 a month. I only use gas for my hot water heater. This month my bill was $233 and last month it was $150. I spent over an hour on the phone with customer service. Worst experience EVER! I still don't have any answers as to why my bill is so high.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2023

I was paying $15 or less a month for gas up until two months ago. Sometimes my bill would be as low as $2. My last two bills were $311 and $213.41. That's a mark up of 1500% or more. When I contacted them they initially told me that my meter wasn't reading right and that they were undercharging me, BUT IT HAS BEEN THIS PRICE AT EVERY PLACE I'VE EVER RENTED BEFORE, and up until recently was here too! My theory is that they're raising their prices to cover their many lawsuits, because my usage is consistently the same on every bill. Shame on PG&E. I hope they go out of business. I do plan on calling my county representative to ask about introducing a bill to put limits on what they can charge us, and I'm going to call the news to tell them about it too.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I had outage from storm from 7th of Jan 2023. By the 8th of Jan 2023 it was on. Thank your all team of PG&E. Thanks to your hard work we have warmth, lights back. Thanks again. May god bless your teams. You know what thank you the whole company.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

During my time using this company for my energy requirements things did not seem terrible. I never missed a bill payment because I used electronic payments and however I updated my personal information with his company because I started using them with my ex-wife. We divorced and I moved on and I changed my phone number and updated the information and because every bill was getting paid on time I thought that all the information was good. When I checked it and saw that it was my old phone number I made sure to correct them with the correct phone number. They continued to fail to update my information correctly in this I found out when I went to move.

I was moving to another state and informed them that I wanted to set up a shut off date 2 months in advance and that I wanted to close everything because I was going to make the last payment by phone. They failed to document that and closed my account and stopped the electronic transfer. They never updated my new number which I changed five years prior and despite me telling them about the forwarding address they didn’t document that either. So in their eyes I never told them any of this which means it never happened.

I moved in and was getting everything set up and getting a new job so things were quite hectic in my new state but I never received a bill via email, I never received a phone call at my number that I had given them years prior and I received no mail at my new residence despite having email forwarding service for six months after I moved. They had had no problems contacting me before but now it was impossible to do so. They called my wrong phone number, never sent any emails and never sent any letters despite them saying that they did because they would’ve been forwarded to my new address. My bill went into collections and my credit score dropped over 100 points because of their lack of attention and poor recordkeeping.

When I was speaking to one of the representatives I felt as if I were an inconvenience to her because when I was explaining to her the issue, which was not me paying the bill but the effect their poor keeping had on my LIFE, which who knows what she apparently heard, she exclaimed “oh my God“ and I assume she meant to say that quieter than she did because she immediately denied having said that and that I was wrong. So in addition to their poor recordkeeping they also have absolutely poor customer service and will hardly do anything to help make right what was wrong. They refuse to hold themselves accountable and it is the customer's fault.

If you can avoid using PG and E as a power company I highly suggest that you do so! This company will not take care of you and do not care about you and only care about getting their money. I wish I had looked at these reviews earlier because I never would’ve gone with them. They are shameful as a company, lack professionalism and will not do what is right to make up for it. In their eyes, it is your fault after all. They are doing you a favor just by speaking to you. Cut your losses, find another company.

Original review: March 1, 2022

My bills have never been higher. I live in a 1 bedroom unit alone. My bill for this month was over $180.00. I canceled service with Vista Energy 2 months ago and their still billing me and PGE is billing me for the same thing. In my adult life I have never paid these amounts. How do they think we can manage it? On SSA Low Income and the amount from CARE I get doesn't help much. PGE is the most outrageous bill I have. Customer service is Bad. Can't get through. Online is of no use. They state you can email them, then you go to email and they're not set up for it. They force you to use self service or online. I wish I could get rid of PGE and go with another company. I rate PGE on a scale of 1 to 10 a 2.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

I wanted to find a PG&E in-person payment center close to where I live. My regular location has been closed ever since Covid-19 restrictions started. Other payment centers at least have a drop box so your payment is not late. I don't understand why other places do not have drop boxes as well. The burden is put on the postal service men and women. To me, a drop box is a very convenient solution! It is hard talking to a robot or being on hold for 25 minutes.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Trying to navigate to speak with someone in Customer Service in Billing at PG&E is a confusing frustrating experience with little to no assistance. I signed up to have PG&E as MY Energy CARRIER period. So why am I (and others) being charged for "third part energy," when, (1) we signed up for PG&E SOLELY and, (2) Most of Us are laid off/unemployed to Covid?? NO. I DID NOT SIGN for a Third Party carrier--I LOOKED TO AVOID THAT! Fun Fact: this "third party" happens to be "an affiliated /subsidiary of PG&E." Really? Hmmm... I think this is horrible! We're trying to pay bills, get ourselves back up and this??? Oh and trying to call is just as bad. You either wait with no one picking up your call, or you get asked to be called back. Problem with that feature is, they call OUTSIDE THE TIME THEY TELL YOU. And of course, you can't get the call. PG&E we're trying to do the right thing why are you being so difficult???

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

PGE is mostly a bunch of people out to cheat other people. They don't answer calls and provide service readily meaning they are out to cheat people mostly, simple scam. Some of life is about tolerating scams, they will reap what they sow...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

For most part offer competitive rates. The offer 20% off CARE program form clients with challenge income. They also come out same day if smell gas leak and check house. Furthermore, able to schedule annual safety checks of water heaters, stoves and heaters for safety. This helps save for consumers.

Pacific Gas and Electric Company Information