California

3.2/5 (39 ratings)

About Pacific Gas and Electric

Pacific Gas and Electric Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Gas and Electric?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Pacific Gas and Electric?

Original review: March 1, 2022

My bills have never been higher. I live in a 1 bedroom unit alone. My bill for this month was over $180.00. I canceled service with Vista Energy 2 months ago and their still billing me and PGE is billing me for the same thing. In my adult life I have never paid these amounts. How do they think we can manage it? On SSA Low Income and the amount from CARE I get doesn't help much. PGE is the most outrageous bill I have. Customer service is Bad. Can't get through. Online is of no use. They state you can email them, then you go to email and they're not set up for it. They force you to use self service or online. I wish I could get rid of PGE and go with another company. I rate PGE on a scale of 1 to 10 a 2.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2022

I wanted to find a PG&E in-person payment center close to where I live. My regular location has been closed ever since Covid-19 restrictions started. Other payment centers at least have a drop box so your payment is not late. I don't understand why other places do not have drop boxes as well. The burden is put on the postal service men and women. To me, a drop box is a very convenient solution! It is hard talking to a robot or being on hold for 25 minutes.

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2022

Trying to navigate to speak with someone in Customer Service in Billing at PG&E is a confusing frustrating experience with little to no assistance. I signed up to have PG&E as MY Energy CARRIER period. So why am I (and others) being charged for "third part energy," when, (1) we signed up for PG&E SOLELY and, (2) Most of Us are laid off/unemployed to Covid?? NO. I DID NOT SIGN for a Third Party carrier--I LOOKED TO AVOID THAT! Fun Fact: this "third party" happens to be "an affiliated /subsidiary of PG&E." Really? Hmmm... I think this is horrible! We're trying to pay bills, get ourselves back up and this??? Oh and trying to call is just as bad. You either wait with no one picking up your call, or you get asked to be called back. Problem with that feature is, they call OUTSIDE THE TIME THEY TELL YOU. And of course, you can't get the call. PG&E we're trying to do the right thing why are you being so difficult???

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

PGE is mostly a bunch of people out to cheat other people. They don't answer calls and provide service readily meaning they are out to cheat people mostly, simple scam. Some of life is about tolerating scams, they will reap what they sow...

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

For most part offer competitive rates. The offer 20% off CARE program form clients with challenge income. They also come out same day if smell gas leak and check house. Furthermore, able to schedule annual safety checks of water heaters, stoves and heaters for safety. This helps save for consumers.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2021

I am doing a renovation on three homes in a row. PG&E services all power and gas. I keep making appointments and PG&E just does not show up. Then I call and make another appointment. PG&E sends an automated call confirming the appointment BUT no one ever shows up. They have a monopoly on us with power and gas and offer no customer service at all. If there was a way to get rid of them I would do it in a heartbeat!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2021

Like many, I have become skeptical of PG&E to deliver high quality energy services. I just reviewed our most recent bill and observed the ongoing trend of ever increasing costs while the company's frail infrastructure continues to buckle due to years of neglect and what appears as a greater commitment to shareholder's interests versus that of CA customers. With a revolving door of CEO's and repeated bankruptcies, when does this utility actually get it right? Is this public/private strategy actually work and is it prepared for the ongoing environmental challenges we are witnessing with global warming?

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

NEVER ALLOW PG&E service guy TOUCH YOUR GAS FURNACE because they dismantle the gas pipe without asking your permission which caused you paying over $3000.- to replace a new furnace. My story is I called PG&E for service because gas furnace could not ignite itself on 11/20/2020. I figured it might be because 1 day before the service guy Eddie came to my house to restore gas meter and checked on gas furnace after fumigation. The same service guy Eddie came again. After he tested and found no gas leak. He said likely due to bad sparker and suggested me to find a licensed contractor for repair. Then without any notice or ask for permission, he dismantled the gas pipe and left.

A licensed contractor that I called for repair came saying because the pipe was so tight to connect each other, after PG&E dismantled the pipe, he could not stretch it back to the original position and connect them back. He suggested me to either replace the entire flexible pipe or replace the whole furnace unit. Since the furnace is old, the licensed contractor won't suggest me to fix it because it'd probably cost me at least $800 or more and they could not guarantee there might be more issues later on.

I called PG&E and asked them to reverse it back to where it was. So I can fix the igniting problem. But, PG&E refused and said IT IS PG&E POLICY NOT TO CONNECT IT BACK. Because of their stupid work, my family ended up was freezing at night. Moreover, I am paying maybe $3000-$3500 to get the heat back to the house for this winter. This is my first time call PG&E for service in my last 23 years living the same house and the experience I had with PG&E is horrible. I am so disappointed with PG&E.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

PG&E came out after midnight to repair a broken power line. In doing so they trimmed a LOT of tree branches. I called PG&E the next day to learn if they would remove and chip the branches. The answer was that they do if the diameter of the branches is less than 4". They would have someone call me to make an appointment to determine what their action might be. When I didn't hear from anyone after 24 hours, I called again. They said it could be 7 days until someone would call to make an appointment.

When someone finally showed up ~ 5 days later - and I had already removed most of the debris with about 7 yard waste containers and more remaining - they told me PG&E would not clean up in case of an urgent repair like that and that my call was misdirected to the wrong department. To wait a week just to get an answer (I had also asked the crew at 12:30am if they would clean up and didn't get an answer), is poor customer service. Of course, I would have liked them to clean up. But I couldn't get timely information as to whether they would.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

For the last year my PGE bills have been high. Last month, January 2020, PGE says I used a great quantity of gas. I know that is wrong because I was out of the country and there was no gas being used from Jan 16 - 23. The heater thermostat was OFF. The only gas being used was for the water heater and there was nobody home. Yet they report I had HIGH gas consumption including during those days. There is something fishy going on. I tried to inquire but they just have a circular phone messaging that does not allow for talking with a person or dealing with a question or problem. Very poor customer service. I wonder if customers are being gouged to protect their stock shareholders.

Pacific Gas and Electric Company Information