Ann Arbor, MI

2.6/5 (465 ratings)

About DTE Energy

DTE Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about DTE Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about DTE Energy?

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

My experience is like most people's experience, horrible! This organization is money hungry, just the people that keep raising their rent prices. I hope all of you are judged by God in the end. It's unfair you all sit on thrones collecting higher and higher fees from people. Now I see why there are a lot of homeless people in the world because afford to pay you scum bags because everything is so unreasonably priced.

People get one life on this planet and most die broke because of companies like yours who are money hungry crooks. My experience with this company has been hell from start to finish. I don't see why mankind has to pay to use something that should be free to everyone, so that people can manage to get ahead one day. You all are crooks!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

For some reason at my location the power will go off and come back on. It made one of my appliances go out. This has happened often and it’s not my electrical wiring in my home. It is DTE. I don’t know what they’re doing. I don’t know what they have been doing but I wish there was somewhere else I could get my business from another electricity company. It’s ridiculous. They never take responsibility for anything. They’re never sorry. They’re always taking forever to get the power back on. You have to keep calling them. They just incompetent to me.

I know weather and things like that happens but Power just does not go off and then come back on. Someone has to be doing something. I don’t get it and I’m tired of it. This has been going off for too long. There’s no reason why my power should cut off and then cut on. You will destroy people‘s appliances by doing that and it's always on a nice with no storms around the area and my power does this. This is not on my home. This is on DTE. Take responsibility for your actions. Stop price gouging. Stop treating your customers like trash. I am so tired of DTE!

Get buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

I sat on the phone listening to their stupid hold music for a good 45min being told that a customer service rep would be with me shortly... Never happened because I hung up after 45min of my life was wasted. This is truly and utterly pathetic for a company as large as DTE.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

DTE has to be the worst energy supplier. I'm so sick of getting outages when the wind blows. It's been over 48 hours without power. The updates are absolute garbage. The surrounding neighborhoods have power and not us. Unacceptable.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

46 hours and still no power. Their phone lines have been in and out. The time I have been able to reach someone, they refuse to give any sort of update. Instead of just ranting, I’d like to know more specifically where to send them a bill for any food that has been going bad and needs to be replaced. I’m over this. I’ll be looking into what it takes to get solar power instead of sticking with these money grabbing lazy people.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2022

Our power has been out now for over 24 hours with no update to speak of and I know there are thousands of people without power still, but do they all have downed wires laying in their yard?? Doubtful. We have downed power lines that were attached to our house that are now laying across my deck and yard, a pole that is leaning at an approximate 40 degree angle causing even more power lines to be damaged in my yard and surrounding neighbors' yards and draping across my roof and garage now. (And yes, I have reported this by calling as well as going on their website 6 different times now.) It seems it would be hard to stay at least 35 feet away from these downed power lines as suggested, considering I seem to be completely surrounded by them. Kudos to DTE for taking people's safety so seriously! I hope for another rate increase soon, seems as though they are so very deserving of it!!

Original review: June 21, 2022

I've been paying for the DTE appliance repair plan for two or more years. When I finally needed a repair, the service tech came out, and without looking at the washer, decided that it was the drain pump (searched the issue on their iphones). They said they cannot repair it because the repair cost is too high for the age of the washer (about 12 years old). So unless your appliances are relatively new, it's a waste of money to have the repair plan.

Original review: May 31, 2022

They claim to give you money if you complete surveys. They will send you an email with a virtual card saying the card will not expire. You will flag the email to come back to it later. There is no later because they somehow withdraw the email. Don’t ask me how, but it happened multiple times. Whatever firm they hired are experts at fraud. I wouldn’t recommend wasting your time on their surveys. You’ll never get to use the virtual “gift” card for which you provided your time.

Original review: April 9, 2022

I live in Detroit, Michigan 48238. My home is considered a townhouse. I'm currently having issues with flickering lights throughout my house. And DTE is like a permanent fixture in my area. There are crews placing meters outdoors. I had meters located in my basement. A crew came to place meters outside. They did a good job. But crews remain in the area.

This leads me to the issue at hand. I believe my service at my home is constantly interrupted. At least once a month my power goes out at night for a few minutes. Then pops back on. Oh yeah April 1, 2022 (April Fool's Day) the lights went out for a minute then popped back on. It was not only my light but the traffic light at a major intersection. Davison / Ewald Circle near I -96 ramp to be exact. This outages comprise my electronic devices. It's like it's done on purpose. Lastly we keep having issues and outages in the summer. The last 2 summers. The outages last for days. DTE for me now stands for Don't Trust Ever. Kelly B,

Original review: Dec. 12, 2021

I have experienced 3 times in 18 months extended power outages. I have animals that will die without heat lamps. This is ridiculous. My daughter lives 2 blocks from me, she didn't report her outage and "crews are being assigned " I reported at 1248 pm and crews supposedly arrived at 245 pm. I'm disgusted, I pay how much every month to be left without power for days, weeks... Something must be done...

DTE Energy Company Information