1.07/5

Need a utility company?

Houston, TX

253 CenterPoint Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 28, 2019

Paid April bill online 4/26. Payment due 5/10. Go online 4/28 to check... Shows my account is OVERDUE and pay immediately. Because they are so screwed up I submit another online payment. Then I check their online history of bills/payments. It shows bill due 5/10 PAID on 4/26. They turned off my gas a few years ago... I've been a customer since 1979. 40 years.... I don't trust them.

Original review: April 24, 2019

We own an unoccupied house in Louisiana. The bill each month should be the minimum maintenance fee, but this is not the case. When we realized that the bill was going up and fluctuating monthly we shut off the gas but left the gas connected. This should have solved the problem and the monthly fee should have been the same each month. This has not happened. We are not consuming ANY gas so why is the bill for a different amount each month?

Also from reading the other reviews I see I am not the only one to have a problem with their website. I am unable to leave an email and continuously get an error message. Their website has a drop down menu for “Service Options”, but oddly enough there is NO option to DISCONNECT service. I also noticed that CenterPoint’s website has direct dedicated phone lines and chat option for their Texas customers ONLY. Why doesn’t CenterPoint have this for ALL of their customers in other states?

I agree with the reviewers that are calling for these fraudulent, unprofessional, discriminating practices to end. I have noticed that other utility companies, private and government owned are seeing that companies like CenterPoint are not being investigated or held accountable and these other companies are now implementing the same dishonest practices. The corruption will only get worse. Our politicians MUST be held accountable also. Perhaps some class action lawsuits need to happen. And for those of us who can afford it we need to get off of the grid. Our insurance agents have told us that solar power has become very efficient. We’ve got options utility companies!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I've been with CenterPoint for almost 3 years and soon as I can switch I'm switching. These people stay having power outages monthly and if it rains or even a little wind comes through for the day the power goes out and they tell you that 2000 plus customers is out. All well for an excuse to take all day to fix your lights.

Mind you I'm terrified to sleep with my CPAP machine cause when the power goes out it shuts off my machine and it's terrifying cause I am in a deep sleep with that and by the time I notice I'm waking up gasping for air as if someone's holding their hands over my face due to me having on a mask and no air circulation and thank god my husband was there one time because I did wake up on my on one time and he snatched the mask off and shook me and then I started to gasping for air which then triggered an episode of SVT (superventricular tachycardia) which is an abnormal heart rhythm that causes heart attacks. I understand power outages happen but how many throughout the year even when there is no bad weather... Then they want payment and don't even bother giving out discounts when they know they're the reason why your refrigerator cut off and food spoiled. They don't take responsibility for nothing only payments...

Original review: March 29, 2019

First, I would like to start by saying I never had any issues with CenterPoint for over two years since being in my house. It's only me residing at the residence and I work full-time and hardly ever utilize my stove. The average bill usually runs about 20.00 a month, however since December of 2018 I've been paying 50.00. I have called and questioned the influx of usage with the result being a 1.00 decrease on bill. I find this ironic that my bill increased once I declined to get CenterPoint insurance. CenterPoint, you must do better as a company and stop scamming on loyal customers. If I could I would disconnect my service and pick up another provider, but we as a community in the Katy area don't have other options. One dissatisfied customer!

Original review: March 6, 2019

This is the WORST experience I've had with a company in a long time. My service was to be connected, with a notice of an automated notification from a technician. This NEVER occurred. And thus to have service connected I'm paying now a total of ~$150 in fees! Again... the WORST customer service and concern for the customer EVER.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenterPoint Energy?

Original review: March 5, 2019

I was in the process of moving and had my service transferred a week ahead of time. Should have been transferred on March 01, 2019 (Friday), according to what I was told. Saturday, no hot water... NO HEAT. Sunday CenterPoint Energy was closed. STILL FREEZING OUTSIDE, 40 AND BELOW!!!! First thing Monday spoke to rep, set up for someone to come out. Received a call that tech was dispatched, left work (9:55am), made it home in less than 30mins, no tech. Received an email saying tech arrived, AND still no tech. Called CenterPoint back to hold for more than 20 minutes, still need to get back to work (made it just before noon).

Rep tells me the tech had an emergency and they will PUT ME BACK ON THE ITINERARY. Agent advised me of another time frame for the tech to come out. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she put Shaniece (not sure if I spelled that right) on who never identified herself as a supervisor, even after me asking a couple of times. I advised her that I didn't want to have to leave work again to come back to a possible "no show tech" again. Shaniece did notate the account for the tech to come after 5. NO TECH SHOWED UP THAT NIGHT, despite the automated service still stating the appointment (between 8am and 8pm with weather and work load permitting) is still set. I received no other notification!!! The News gave a hard freeze warning for last night, it was 28 degrees that night NO HOT WATER... NO HEAT (not even my anger can warm the house with my family inside).

Needless to say I dialed CenterPoint at 7:01am ("customer service" opens at 7) the next morning, spoke to rep, asked directly for the supervisor, who said she understood but gave attitude but I guess everyone didn't sleep in a freezing house for 3 days as my family and I did. I explained to her that I needed a tech out at the moment we were speaking and she just focused on the point that it couldn't be done. She said she sent out a notice to dispatch for tech to come out this morning and they will call before coming. It's now 8:15am, still no call.

I asked to speak to someone above her and all she could do is explain the "process". She said she will have someone to call you. Still no call though. All this while I am hoarse from this weather, family and dogs sitting at home and one is already sick and had to go to urgent care last night. Better communication and customer service would be wonderful. If anyone "higher up" from CenterPoint don't mind contacting a very disappointed customer to get to the bottom of this and prevent this from happening again would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: March 4, 2019

Terrible company. I'm over 7 months pregnant and sitting here in the cold, unable to use my stove to cook. My husband and I had autopay set up for months since we've been at this address, somehow (very suddenly). They claim we were never on autopay for the 6 months we've been here and turned our gas off without any prior notice for a "past due" bill. A 32 dollar bill (would have been no big deal to pay) has turned into about 100 dollars just to get this service turned on TOMORROW. If I want to keep warm and cook a meal today, they want an extra 47 bucks in addition to all of that, despite the fact that this was due to THEIR system error. Customer service was a joke and completely useless. I wish I could warn everyone about this company, especially those of us whose husbands are away serving their country.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Failed to contact me regarding a payment not going through on their website, despite receiving payment confirmation. Then charged me $21 to disconnect my service and wanted to charge me $46 to reinitiate service. Horrible customer service did not care to resolve issue. Really disgusting that companies can get large enough to treat their customers this way and get afford to get away with it.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I have had to utilize this company for many years and in the last few years had many issues that could have been avoided if the customer service was a little bit better and efficient. Both times I never received a bill and could not log on the site to check that balance or pay. One occasion they had sent the bill to my old address (imagine that), or that is the excuse they gave for not sending it at all, and the killer is I don't have paper billing, it has always been set up for ebilling. Then they have all these charges now which is evidence that they are going to take your money like it or not, and customer service is take it or leave it when clearly they are in error and should be as courteous and kind bearing with us just like we bear with them. Love you guys, but STEP UP YOUR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Can't a company making billions of $$ have a website that works? Always sends you to site that says error. Call customer service numerous times, as soon you ask a question they say their computers are down! Funny. They worked fine when I signed up and when you want to make a payment. This is the customers service you get when this is the only gas company that can be used.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I had CenterPoint Energy for the past two years and noticed our prices per MCF had jumped significantly. I called on January 8th to sign up for their new pricing, which was the cheapest for Natural Gas in my area. There weren't any agents available, so was told they would call me back. I called them back again on January 18, 2019 (10 days later) because I had not received a call back from them. I got all four addresses signed up for the new plan and just had to confirm that with an agent. There were no agents available at that time, so the customer service rep was going to have an agent call me back that day. I didn't receive a phone call back from them, ever.

So, I called them back today, January 25, 2019. I told them who I spoke with and asked why I hadn't received a callback. She didn't seem to know why and I received no apologies. The lady got all four addresses ready to go again and then I had to wait on hold for 14 minutes for an agent (mind you, I wasn't about to let them "Call Me Back"). As the agent was going over the first address, I noticed there was a discrepancy in his information and he told me he could not switch my service at that time. I flipped out. I told him we already had their service and all I wanted to do was switch to the new rate.

I told him their customer service was horrible and I wanted the rate, starting back on January 8th. He informed me he was just a contracted agent and I would have to speak to customer service about that. I decided to go with another company who was a little higher in price, but not enough to warrant the way this company treated me or the lack of good business practices I had to deal with. I got switched immediately (within 15 minutes) on all four accounts by another company. I would be very careful if you are thinking of going with this company. They don't give a crap about you, your time or your money.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

CenterPoint Energy uses independent contractors to go onsite to turn the gas meter on or off, depending on whether you are moving in or out of your residence. The contractors stood me up for days and I waited many hours onsite on 4 occasions, yet when I called to find out why they didn't show up, the notes filed by the contractors reported that I had not kept the appointment, or had "refused service". I spoke with the supervisors on several occasions and was told they cannot validate or correct those notes, so it appeared as if I was irresponsible.

After making more than a dozen attempts to get them to come out and turn the gas back on, and after being repeatedly lied to, I finally called my city council member to see if she would intervene on my behalf. After that, I got a call the same day, and that is the only thing that got them to respond. I would suggest that everyone who suffers at the hands of CenterPoint or its contractors file a complaint with the Public Utility Commission in your state, and also contact your state legislator(s). CenterPoint and its contractors are neither accountable nor transparent. The corporate policies at CenterPoint desperately need remediation by the State of Texas, and apparently also in other states. What they did to me, and I'm told, has been experienced by many others. We should not allow this treatment to be tolerated; but we will have to individually make them feel the heat. Nobody else will do it for us.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

It is a company that tries to put on fees and charges you for services that you are paying for. They are thieves - their employees are mean and have attitude towards the customers. Their phone calls just end while you are in the process of fixing the issue. I had to go through 6 people and 7 phone calls to get the issue fixed. Very bad company - I wish there was a different gas company. I would never ever want to use this company or even recommend it to any person. Even to my enemy I would not recommend it. But we are stuck with this bad company in Houston TX - if anyone knows how can we Change them and gave another gas company let me know.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Don't let these people in! They come to the door and make it seem like they work for your current energy provider and you have no choice. They are pushy and slick. I had to move and they are pursuing me for fake "cancellation" fees, threatening and adding late fees to a non existent balance owed. These people are con artists. I wish I could give them zero stars, but at least one star is required.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I sent this to CenterPoint today: Today I cancelled all of my HSP Services. I pay $64 monthly for the coverage. I have a refrigerator with a freezer that doesn't work and I have to buy a new one but you won't cover it. I have been paying for HSP for over 20 years on my home. 10 years on my duplex. I'm amazed that you are treating me in this fashion. Xcel has the same coverage, but cheaper and a more lenient policy. They apparently value long term customers more than CenterPoint.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

How you schedule someone then call but only let the phone ring 2 times. Person calls back bout it wind up being the automatic line so you don't get to talk to no one for like 20 mins. While you on phone with automatic line you call back again hanging up before customer answer phone then gonna say you get 2 calls then, "We cancel your appointment." Y'all not even worth 1⭐ and should take y'all ** back to Houston and leave Mississippi.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I bought this water heater, Model # XG50T09HE40U0 that comes with a 0.64 UEF rating. If you follow this link ** and scroll down to this Model #, you will see that it has a 0.64 UEF rating. However, this is the response I get from their Rebate Center, "According to AHRI (Air-Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute) and/or ENERGY STAR website your water heater does not meet the minimum efficiency standard of .64." I realize they don't want to pay but they could have at least tried to make-up a better lie. This one was easy to prove false. Monopolies must be nice.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

I have to say that CenterPoint has been hands down the absolute worst company to have to deal with! I could literally sit here all day and speak of COUNTLESS instances where they have been horrible to me as a customer, charged me ridiculous fees, given me TWELVE hour window times, TWELVE HOURS, and then they didn't even show!!! I LOATHE THIS COMPANY. They are the epitome of shady business practices and terrible service! HANDS DOWN THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

Absolute worst service and customer service. They are a very deceitful company that need to lock you into a contract to maintain customers. I paid the $100 early termination fee just to be sure to get out of the contract and not give them another penny of my money!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I live in Minnesota. Recently I received second bill that was past due, I checked my bank, it showed the bank had sent the e-check both month (July-Aug). I called the bank, said my CenterPoint account was missing one #, compare to my bill statement. So I called CenterPoint again, Jonie was on the line. After she listen to my story she was able to figure out the money has gone to different account, that was not mine. Thank you very much for helping me. You make my day.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We need to bring a class action lawsuit against CENTERPOINT. My home was flooded last year and basically totaled completely. FEMA didn't help... homeowner's Ins didn't help... I had just purchased the home a few months before the flood and I didn't realize the area could flood so badly. They had told me it flooded the year before but that was a "freak occurrence" and probably wouldn't happen again for 100 years... Well it happened and my home took in over 9 feet of water this time. The ceilings caved in and everything was lost. I am a single mom with 3 kids living with me and we have been trying to put the house back ourselves by our own HANDS and our own means which isn't much. So, I started a new job and switched my bank accounts so I would have the same bank as my employer and get my pay 2 days in advance.. and forgot to set up reminders with the new bank account.

So yesterday I see this "guy" sneaking into my backyard on the far side of my house near the woods where I have several things still stored because I can't put them back in the house yet. Why he didn't walk normally into my yard and go between my house and my neighbors WHERE THE GAS METER IS, I don't know and is very suspect since he chose to go out of his way to NOT BE SEEN and go where NO ONE COULD SEE HIM looking thru my personal belongings. Any way, one of my kids saw him and the dogs were barking like crazy so I asked him what was he doing? He said he was there to shut off my gas. I was shocked and thought he made a mistake at first, until I realized I had switched bank accounts and no longer had my reminders. So I immediately made the payment and received a confirmation number while he was checking his paperwork to make sure it was the right house.

Even AFTER I MADE THE PAYMENT and HAD THE CONFIRMATION NUMBER (FOR a whopping $32.64). He said, "Sorry I have to shut it off anyway." I said, "I just paid it!!! There's no balance! Here's the confirmation number..." He called his supervisor and his supervisor said, "Call customer service and have them schedule a reconnect..." I SAID "WHAT! ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? It's NOT DISCONNECTED YET!!!" HE SAID WE STILL HAVE TO DISCONNECT IT! When I tried to explain that there was no balance, he said it was policy. I'm not the kind of person who would EVER bring up the subject of "RACE" but in this case it was the only thing that was different. Come to find out one of my daughter's friends (who was here when all this was going on) almost had their gas turned off an hour before us and they live near the front of the neighborhood.

She said her mom went outside and talked to the "guy" and he waited in his truck for a bit then left WITHOUT turning the gas off! The only difference was I am ** and they are **. Seems kind of suspicious since The technician was ** and his supervisor is ** as well. I'm ** and my bill was actually a few dollars LESS than their's was... (I called her mom to check it out and see if this was really true). She said she told him she had completely forgot that it was due with getting the kids ready for school and all and to hold on a sec. She paid her bill...told him the confirmation number and off he went..with NO DISCONNECT! But ME... He said there was nothing he could do and even though I had a confirmation number as well... he shut me off. I called customer service HIGHLY PO'd and talked to someone in Minneapolis.

They said they would get my gas back on today and the only thing that needed to be done was someone 18 or older to be in the home. I said, "Ok." We waited and waited... (there were 6 of us in the home plus 3 dogs who bark at ANYONE who pulls up in the driveway)... and then I get a notification at 8:00 PM telling me the reconnect was CANCELLED because there was no adult at the home!!! My kids first day of school was today and they had to go without taking a hot bath. I was and am FURIOUS! I called Centerpoint this morning and they said they could connect it for free tomorrow but if I wanted it connected today I would have to pay almost $50.00! I said, "HELL NO... ya'll lied and said you came yesterday and an adult wasn't here and there were 3 adults here!!!" So I talk to a supervisor who said she has a description of my house that the technician put in his notes that verifies he was there...

So she starts describing my house according to the so called "Technician" and she mentions my "GARAGE"... I tell her... "No, I don't have a garage and haven't had one since I bought the house last year!" Turns out...using GOOGLE MAPS street view it shows a garage because it was there BEFORE the last flood and the past owners had it removed and replaced with a regular door when they remodeled it!!! SO HE LIED and I HAVE PROOF THAT THIS COMPANY IS NOTHING BUT A CROOKED SCAM!!! WE NEED A LAWYER because GOD KNOWS how many people they have scammed like this!!!

Original review: July 31, 2018

This company knows it's the only choice we have in Houston for gas. I'm on a very fixed income and my gas has been cut off. When I called they gave me the fee that I needed to pay but when I got ready to make the payment they asked for another fee of $49 for it to be cut on the same day. The bill was only $33 and after the fee are added it'll be over $200 just to get them back on. This is ridiculous and something needs to be done about this extortion. Why are they able to get away with this? I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYBODY.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I am like most others who are forced to use CenterPoint Energy for their gas service due to the monopoly they possess as a result of having no competition. I live in MS and the corrupt office of CenterPoint Energy is in Houston so speaking to someone face to face is not an option. I had an incident with CenterPoint Energy in March of 2016 when the company was updating the online payment system (the inadequate online payment system) while attempting to make a past due payment that I overlooked. I knew it had to be paid quickly to avoid their favorite service of shutting you off (so they can collect all of the extra fees). So while I attempted to make a 47$ payment, their inadequate online payment system was having a glitch, I thought, where each time I entered payment info and pressed the "submit button" I received an error message of "we're sorry this page cannot be found".

I attempted this transaction "7" separate times in March 2016 receiving the same error message until finally the eighth attempt went through successfully (so I thought). I thought no more of it until a few days later I had been shut off and told I would need to pay the past due payment along with a "$40 dollar RETURNED PAYMENT FEE FOR EACH TIME I PRESSED THE SUBMIT BUTTON" which was 7 times... Then they so kindly informed me I would also need to pay an extra $150 to add to the deposit they received ten years ago when I began gas service with them so they could "PROTECT THEMSELVES", but "wait" that's not all... I also was informed I'd need to pay an 80$ reconnect fee. Yes!!!

First off, how in the heck can a payment be RETURNED, when it was NEVER PRESENTED FOR PAYMENT to begin with? You tell me the answer and we'll both know! So after being forced to pay the bogus fees which were astronomical in my opinion, I have so patiently waited since March of 2016 for this fine business to attempt ripping me off again and to my surprise it finally happened last week. Your gonna LOVE this story!!! I am sure many of you know after having "RETURNED PAYMENTS" at CenterPoint Energy they will only allow you to make a payment through a debit card or a credit card and you are not able to enter a checking account number or use a check period. You are only given the option on the online payment site to use a debit or credit card. It's the only options given in the drop down menu. I have used the exact same debit card that I have used to make my payment since March of 2016 with no issues.

Month after month a successful payment through my debit card linked to the EXACT SAME BANK ACCOUNT I have used since 1988. I do not have "1" RETURNED PAYMENT charge or insufficient funds fee through my bank since I opened my account. Although I have several returned payment fees thru CenterPoint Energy, go figure right? I am entirely too frugal to waste money by paying fees from insufficient funds. So here we go, I received an email showing my CenterPoint Energy bill was ready to view, print or pay. I opened the email on July 2, 2018. I had a bill for $36.26 with a due date of July 23, 2018. Notice the dates I use. This was not a past due amount, it was a current bill due on July 23, 2018.

I made my payment through the online service that I sign in and use every month, I submitted the full payment $36.26 along with the $2.75 charge for using the online service on "July 2, 2018". I made the payment at the time I opened the email on July 2, 2018. I used the EXACT SAME DEBIT CARD entered the total amount due and received a payment successful message and I also received a payment confirmation email. I thought no more about it, until I received a friendly letter in the mail on July 7, 2018 informing me that I am being charged $40 that will be added to my past due bill. The reason for this $40 BOGUS FEE is a result of "ACCOUNT NOT FOUND OR UNABLE TO LOCATE."

Let's keep in mind I am not given the option to enter a checking account number, routing number or allowed to use a checking account whatsoever. I have a friendly reminder that has appeared on my online account since March of 2016 that states "due to multiple RETURNED PAYMENTS you only have the option to make a payment through a debit card or a credit card." I sent an email to CenterPoint stating that I was sure they made a mistake because I have used the same method of payment for 2 and a half years with no issues. I received a response that they were not waiving the fee, it was my mistake.

I filed a complaint with the BBB (first time for me) and waited a few days when I received a response where CenterPoint Energy falsified a document saying I entered the incorrect routing number for the checking account I used... So fee would not be waived. They FALSIFIED A LEGAL DOCUMENT and they entered the INCORRECT date on their false document saying I entered payment on July 1, 2018. I responded with the unaltered documents to show who was the LIAR! I am now waiting on the response to that!!! I will update when I receive it! Unbelievable!!

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had a new furnace installed as mine was 25 years old (1993). I had been told that there was a rebate program. In Texas that is not true... if you live in Minnesota you get rebates... not Texas... also several other states. If CenterPoint is so dedicated to saving energy, why do they not offer rebates in Texas. I spoke with one lady around June 14 and she said I had to go online. What a merry-go-round. There are rebates for the contractors installing the systems, which they are paid handsomely for. But nothing for the customers that are paying thousands of dollars for the system. Shame on you CenterPoint for not caring about your customers that pay you monthly. You are the only gas company in town so I guess I am stuck. And What do you have against Texas? I spoke with Samea today, June 21st and she verified there are no rebates for the state of Texas or any of their customers.

Original review: June 7, 2018

They lied and said they called for set up. We called back. Said we had proof of no call per phone and our phone co. They called us liars and refused to have our service turned on same day without a fee. I would be willing now to pay the fee if we missed the call but now just the point they called me a liar and would not take responsibility for their error makes me not want to give them any more money. I can't switch because they have monopolized the gas line. I see they have a horrible review history. Figures when you know you suckers I mean customers can't choose another company. Keep up the great customer service guys!!!

Original review: June 1, 2018

It is always a frustrating experience dealing with CenterPoint. They are a monopoly and they know you have no other option. If they had any competition they would be out of business. Their behavior is such that they feel THEY are the customer doing us a favor. They will not give you any specifics, only general information. Forget getting an actual date scheduled. "Weather permitting, we should be out there in approximately 7 business days. We have a note in your file saying IF POSSIBLE call before coming." So they are so inept they cannot even promise to at least call so I can go unlock the gate since no one is on site.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Dissatisfied is not a strong enough word to describe my disgust for Center Point Energy Natural Gas Service. They are quick to cut you off but VERY Slow to reconnect. I have used this company for a number of years and always paid my bills online. They cut off my gas yesterday due to an oversight on my part. I did not realize I had a bill overdue. They contacted me by snail mail regarding the cutoff apparently; but I primarily don't look at Snail Mail anymore because of EMAIL. They DID NOT contact me by email or phone or the problem would have been corrected immediately. They did not attempt to call me or Email me... (They have the contact information.) ONLY, after the cutoff happened, they decided to contact me by Email, they then began with the Extortion.

Service Reconnect Fee and A NEW security Deposit. I just learned, They will reconnect not when I paid all that today but next Tuesday. Oh get this, they will wait four days (After the Memorial Day weekend) to reconnect. Can't get reconnected today, they EMAIL ME, unless I pay an additional $47 for their priority service. Who put the MAFIA in charge of our Natural Gas Service? I wish another choice was available to us, a lot of us are considering other alternatives...

Original review: May 16, 2018

Every time I call this company, they are rude. Twice "over several years" I have had crazy high bills, not consistent with normal cycle usage, and no reason to justify anywhere near the usage rate, nothing changed, other than my bill. They don't care, no explanation. They say "We will send someone to reread the meter." I never hear back and when I call they say the meter is correct. Once I called to try to get the billing cycle changed to accommodate when I pay bills, no - they don't accommodate customers. If you work for this company you can do better, be a better person. If you are a good person, you would not work for a company that has such bad reviews.

Original review: May 3, 2018

I had my gas cut off for being late. So when I paid it a few days later first thing that morning they said they would be out anywhere between 8 am and 5 pm. That's all they could tell us. My wife then calls again at 230 pm after spending all day at home and missing work because they won't turn it on without anyone home. They tell her, "Oh it's not assigned to anyone yet..." They have you where they want you not like you can shop around for natural gas. But we are looking into making everything all electric now we fed up. And not only that the main BIG gas line runs through our yard. Wonder if we could fight for them to relocate it out of our yard. Hmmm interesting.

Original review: May 1, 2018

CenterPoint cut the gas and didn't give me a notice until after an hour of my call to place the complaint! At 1:47 p.m. I received an email letting me know that the gas had been disconnected. Well after the fact that I found out on my own and called their office to find out why.

CenterPoint Energy Company Information