1.06/5
Based on 200 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Need a utility company?

Houston, TX

229 CenterPoint Energy Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 21, 2018

I had a new furnace installed as mine was 25 years old (1993). I had been told that there was a rebate program. In Texas that is not true... if you live in Minnesota you get rebates... not Texas... also several other states. If CenterPoint is so dedicated to saving energy, why do they not offer rebates in Texas. I spoke with one lady around June 14 and she said I had to go online. What a merry-go-round. There are rebates for the contractors installing the systems, which they are paid handsomely for. But nothing for the customers that are paying thousands of dollars for the system. Shame on you CenterPoint for not caring about your customers that pay you monthly. You are the only gas company in town so I guess I am stuck. And What do you have against Texas? I spoke with Samea today, June 21st and she verified there are no rebates for the state of Texas or any of their customers.

Original review: June 7, 2018

They lied and said they called for set up. We called back. Said we had proof of no call per phone and our phone co. They called us liars and refused to have our service turned on same day without a fee. I would be willing now to pay the fee if we missed the call but now just the point they called me a liar and would not take responsibility for their error makes me not want to give them any more money. I can't switch because they have monopolized the gas line. I see they have a horrible review history. Figures when you know you suckers I mean customers can't choose another company. Keep up the great customer service guys!!!

Get expert buying tips about Utility Companies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2018

It is always a frustrating experience dealing with CenterPoint. They are a monopoly and they know you have no other option. If they had any competition they would be out of business. Their behavior is such that they feel THEY are the customer doing us a favor. They will not give you any specifics, only general information. Forget getting an actual date scheduled. "Weather permitting, we should be out there in approximately 7 business days. We have a note in your file saying IF POSSIBLE call before coming." So they are so inept they cannot even promise to at least call so I can go unlock the gate since no one is on site.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Dissatisfied is not a strong enough word to describe my disgust for Center Point Energy Natural Gas Service. They are quick to cut you off but VERY Slow to reconnect. I have used this company for a number of years and always paid my bills online. They cut off my gas yesterday due to an oversight on my part. I did not realize I had a bill overdue. They contacted me by snail mail regarding the cutoff apparently; but I primarily don't look at Snail Mail anymore because of EMAIL. They DID NOT contact me by email or phone or the problem would have been corrected immediately. They did not attempt to call me or Email me... (They have the contact information.) ONLY, after the cutoff happened, they decided to contact me by Email, they then began with the Extortion.

Service Reconnect Fee and A NEW security Deposit. I just learned, They will reconnect not when I paid all that today but next Tuesday. Oh get this, they will wait four days (After the Memorial Day weekend) to reconnect. Can't get reconnected today, they EMAIL ME, unless I pay an additional $47 for their priority service. Who put the MAFIA in charge of our Natural Gas Service? I wish another choice was available to us, a lot of us are considering other alternatives...

Original review: May 16, 2018

Every time I call this company, they are rude. Twice "over several years" I have had crazy high bills, not consistent with normal cycle usage, and no reason to justify anywhere near the usage rate, nothing changed, other than my bill. They don't care, no explanation. They say "We will send someone to reread the meter." I never hear back and when I call they say the meter is correct. Once I called to try to get the billing cycle changed to accommodate when I pay bills, no - they don't accommodate customers. If you work for this company you can do better, be a better person. If you are a good person, you would not work for a company that has such bad reviews.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CenterPoint Energy?

Original review: May 3, 2018

I had my gas cut off for being late. So when I paid it a few days later first thing that morning they said they would be out anywhere between 8 am and 5 pm. That's all they could tell us. My wife then calls again at 230 pm after spending all day at home and missing work because they won't turn it on without anyone home. They tell her, "Oh it's not assigned to anyone yet..." They have you where they want you not like you can shop around for natural gas. But we are looking into making everything all electric now we fed up. And not only that the main BIG gas line runs through our yard. Wonder if we could fight for them to relocate it out of our yard. Hmmm interesting.

Original review: May 1, 2018

CenterPoint cut the gas and didn't give me a notice until after an hour of my call to place the complaint! At 1:47 p.m. I received an email letting me know that the gas had been disconnected. Well after the fact that I found out on my own and called their office to find out why.

Original review: April 9, 2018 I left for a vacation on March 1st, 2018. Bills were paid on Feb 26th. Gone for a month, home on April 1st. On April 3rd we were sent a FINAL NOTICE for disconnection. I called to find out what happened to the payment I made before we left. I was told the notice is for the March payment that was due on March 29th.

5 days after the bill was due, a FINAL NOTICE was sent. I am a former employee of CNP and have never seen this before. Can't help but think my employment status has something to do with this because I can't come up with any other rational explanation! Shame on you CNP.

Original review: April 8, 2018

My daughter did a individual COA & all the mail went to her new address including all of my mail. I called CenterPoint to see why I haven't received a bill & customer service was RUDE!! The lady said, "You have to pay 301.66 before it would be reconnected." I was like, "Okay"... after I paid it the next day they said I owe 418.91 to get it reconnected and that 301.66 was already applied to my account... WT??!! I don't understand how in the bleep did it go from 301.66 to 418.91?

I can't wait until there's another gas company comes to Tyler, Tx. These people are out of their rabbit minds... I never had a problem paying my bills. This is crazy... I really believe if there was another gas company CenterPoint wouldn't be acting like this to their customers and only way they do is because they know we can't get gas from anywhere else. CenterPoint is the worse company I have ever done business with. They have too many complaints. They are worse than TXU! That's a shame.

Original review: April 5, 2018

Worst company ever! Sad thing is they know that they have a monopoly the Houston Area and their staff too as well. Worst customer service, it's like talking to a brick wall. Had our gas cut off on Monday, haven't received a bill in the mail, or disconnect notice. Tried to call to pay and get hung up on 3 times, finally make the payment, well tough ** they are closed so can't schedule an appointment until the next day. Finally do schedule. They don't have any appointments until Thursday. Usual ** "we will show up 8-12." It's now 1pm, call back and they say that the tech is still scheduled to show up, but that those hours are not "guaranteed." So now I've had to take off all morning, and it looks like afternoon as well. Come on Texas regulators. Deregulate it like you did the energy companies and let's give CenterPoint the kick in the ass it needs.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I have been working with CenterPoint for now 3 months attempting to get elect power to my property. Yes 3 months to finally get an agreement to sign and pay them $6500 to pull power. Now I ask when will this project be completed to be told within the next 6 weeks. They know and do not care that they are your ONLY solution.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

My mother moved in to a rent house and was there for two day without gas and then CenterPoint turn on the gas and get this they never check for gas leak and for 8 days she was in that house with a gas leak. When I walked in the door it almost put me down on the ground. I told my mother we have to call CenterPoint. There's a bad leak. So the man come out and yes it was behind the stove. The man told me that they are to check for leaks before they leave and turn the gas on. Well this could had been worse. The lady at CenterPoint told me today it's not their issues and that nothing could be done about it. That have nothing to do with on the inside just the outside. I'm like, "What? That's not what I was told". My mother is 70 years old and had heart issues and diabetes too and high blood pressure. This is not right. My mother could had passed away in her sleep.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I had to close my bank account so my automatic payments stopped going to CenterPoint. Not their fault but the issue I have is that when they didn't receive my autopayment in September, they stopped sending me bills for October or November and they didn't send me any notification that my payments weren't being made. They came out, shut off my gas, charged me an outrageous fee and won't come turn it back on over the weekend. It's unreal that any monopoly can exist and even worse that it's a scumbag company like CenterPoint.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

CenterPoint Energy is awful! They have a monopoly in my area, so I guess they don't have to care about their customers. First, when they go to connect to your service, you have to be on THEIR TIME. Meaning, they'll call you at any time of the day (they'll call you at 9am even when you've told them that you don't get off work until 1). I scheduled to have the day off, so I could get my gas. I went outside to take out the trash, and when I came back I noticed I missed a phone call. I called them back immediately (3 minutes after the call) and they said if I wanted the service that day I'd have to pay a $40 fee. Luckily, my dad helped me out to get my service the next week (they kept calling me at 9am when I told them I couldn't be home until after one... So I had to get someone else to help me because I couldn't take another day off).

Also, I've enrolled for automatic payment twice. I have all my bills automated, so I don't ever forget. The first time I enrolled I used my savings account number (which is what I've used for ALL MY OTHER ACCOUNTS), and they told me it didn't draft because it wasn't a checking account and charged me a fee. I figured okay fine I guess it's my fault for not knowing (even though they never send you any sort of notification to let you know your payment didn't go through... Only a notification to let you know they're shutting your service off after they've charged you a late fee). I re-enrolled with my checking information.

Two months later I get a call saying they're going to disconnect my service. They said after I enrolled I unenrolled (I swear I didn't do this!). I have an email to confirm that I enrolled in automatic payment. When I mentioned this, they said, "Well, you must have unenrolled after that. We don't notify people who unenroll." I don't believe that I unenrolled and it would have been nice to be sent a notification to let me know the payment wasn't received. So, I paid yet another late fee. This time I documented my phone call and have all the emails to prove I enrolled. I'll make sure they draft it next time. If they pull this crap again, I'm reporting them to BBB. AWFUL, TERRIBLE, NO GOOD COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

Just spent last two days trying to move, but because of someone ELSE owing a balance on the address I want to move to, CenterPoint is making us wait 5 days until they complete an investigation. The lady that just moved out was there 10 years!! If she is the one that owes they had 10 years to take it up with her and if she's not, then OVER 10 years to figure it out! What does a balance from someone else have to do with a new tenant?? I was also told I could bypass this 5 day hold, 2 days later), if I fax a copy of my lease. I was given 3 different fax numbers all for which didn't work, and 3 days later was told no one has my "case" yet so no one knows where on earth my information went to so back I go to wait for the 5 days to be up. I can't WAIT for another gas company to come along!! When businesses have no competition, they treat their customer's poorly and CenterPoint is no exception!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I had gas disconnected after a minuscule outside leak was detected whilst installing a different meter (may have been CAUSED by the install). We had to fix the issue, but after reporting the fix and requesting that gas be turned on we were promised for 2 days given different times that it would be turned on. 2 days later, still no gas! Quite heavy-handed by a company, fully aware of its "power" and monopoly. I contacted my state representative, as I have no recourse...

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

You can be a victim like me. Flooding victims, watch out for a second injury! By accident, I have found out CenterPoint ruined my credit for a $100 charge-off reported to Equifax in March this year. CenterPoint has never contacted me to collect it before; so I never even had a chance to pay or dispute it. Legally, they can do it!

This turned out to be a possible unpaid bill by my tenant. CenterPoint told me they could do it legally and they just did it! When I found out this bill, I paid it immediately before I even attempted to dispute it. However, CenterPoint has just ignored my pleading to remove this charge-off from my credit report. If you have similar experiences, please write your regulators. In Houston, you write ARA Utility Complaints. In other jurisdictions, you may need to write to: Texas Railroad Commission. Also, we need to write to our lawmakers to rein in this monopoly monster. Flood victims, make sure your bills are paid even the bills got lost in the flood.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

When power was lost during Hurricane Harvey infinite energy was back by Monday night. We lost power sometime Sunday. I went to club quarters Monday morning since they had power. I wake up Tuesday, no power. Why? Because they use Centerpoint energy. For some reason, which is VERY unfortunate, our cooling tower/a/c is on Centerpoint energy. Centerpoint energy told Rice Lofts we would have a/c within 24 hours Thursday at 2:30 pm. It's Friday at 3:12 pm... does Centerpoint Energy have our cooling tower running? Nope. Will we get a/c at all today? Nope. Horrible.

Original review: May 26, 2017

I am moving to a new location, but not completely moved yet because the property is still being painted and cleaned. I had an appointment for 3 different days and missed all of them because after they call to say they're in route, the wait time was 3 hrs or more. Why call if it's going to take 3 hours. Call when you know you're on your way. It's not fair for someone to wait that long. Then I called them back to check the status they tell you you're next they'll be there, then you wait another hour. Ridiculous!!!

Original review: April 17, 2017

Thursday April 13th CenterPoint Energy has to do something some kind of job and didn't notify me in advance so when I go to work and come back home that night after 11 pm my gas is off with this card just saying, "You weren't here so they did what wanted." I tried to call them and messenger stated they were closed. I'm pregnant. Due to give birth any day. Shouldn't have to be worried like this or scheduling myself around them without them notifying me first. I went 3 and half days without gas source and had to wait until Monday April 17th to get anybody and the representative had the nerve to make up an excuse that didn't flu. I told them that when they're doing work they should call their customers in advance because this inconvenienced me. They could've called me at work. I would've come home to be able to cook, wash, and bath with hot water being pregnant. I'm seriously let down by them.

I called today about 8:30 am this morning and have yet to see them get here to cut my gas on. It's after 1 pm and cloudy. Looking like a storm's coming. This is the most disrespectful way treat a paying customer. Had I been behind in my bill my gas would've been cut off already. It's a shame when it takes them less time to cut it off and more time to cut it on especially when your bill's paid and I didn't cause it to be off, they have me a mere 25 dollar 3day credit for it being off and told me, "Next time place it as an emergency call." Had I known I could do that I would've. It's the inconsiderate way. They went about it and made light of it and here I am still waiting for them to do the I'm on way call that hasn't happened yet so I say next time I'll seek legal counsel on this and them investigated and put on the news.

Something's not right about this. All I say is had I got a call leading up to this work order we wouldn't be here. CenterPoint just call your customers in advance even when the work is done so the gas can be cut on since you all cut it off and left as is. They didn't put the order number on card ironic. Only checked off no one was here and had to repair service line leading to meter... Hope it helps contact me anytime to follow-up, thanks.

Original review: April 7, 2017

I believe I have been the victim of a fraud by a public utility sub-division. I had a contract, an insurance policy, if you will, with CenterPoint (CP) Energy, Home Service Plus. This contract called for the repair of my large appliances should the need arrive. On two occasions I was denied service. Once because "parts were not available" which doomed my gas range to replacement with a new one. I went to the internet and found repair parts in 5 minutes, ordered them and CP did install them and pay for the parts. The point being, had I accepted the fact that CP could not find parts with their local supplier, I would have had to spend $800-$1000 for a new range. Had I listened to the repairman, CP would have saved labor & parts expense and been insuring a new machine with very little likelihood of service for at least 10 years. Sweet deal for CenterPoint!

Second refusal to repair a machine (Maytag Washer/Dryer); A repairman called to repair the washer of my combo, examined it, ordered available parts and said he would return to make the repair when the parts came in. Unfortunately, he was not available, and two repairmen showed up in his place. One, as described to me by the dispatcher, a "senior technician". I assumed the other to be new at the job. They spent 1/2 hour examining the machine when the senior repairman informed me the machine was "unrepairable junk". I asked why the first repairman went so far as to order parts, saying he would be back to make the 2 hour repair. The senior said, "no one at CenterPoint will repair that machine". They left, I kept the parts not accepting his diagnosis and called a Maytag repairman who came out, made the repairs using the ordered parts and charged $115.00.

I maintain I was victimized by CP. Not only did they fail to live up to their repair contract but, had I taken this senior technicians' erroneous advice, I would be out nearly $2000.00 for a new machine, delivery & installation and removal of the old machine. Clearly a FRAUD by CP! Again, company policy is apparently to condemn older appliances to be un-repairable, immediately save labor & repair costs but most importantly to now be insuring a virtually, repair free, appliance for at least 10 years. This scam is very clever and the poor, unsuspecting consumer, usually, naive, elderly or trusting accepts this condemnation of their appliance without question. CP has successfully removed the very machines from the pool, the customer purchased this repair plan to protect. The profit to CP using this technique has likely gained them millions over the decades.

I only ask that a "second opinion", should the customer request it, by an unbiased inspector/advocate be required any time CP declares a large appliance to be un-repairable. Not too much to ask. This policy is in CP's best interest in verifying their reason for avoiding the tenets of their contract in repairing a broken appliance. The inspector/advocate would be paid by CP who would still profit should their assessment be accurate, in the saving of repair costs and long range avoidance of costs in insuring a new machine. This would hold true in claiming repair parts not available. CP searches only to the extent of their local vendors. Should the inspector/advocate find parts available on the internet, CP MUST make the repairs.

CenterPoint has a fine little operation going here at the expense of their customer. CP and ALL other pre-paid appliance repair companies must be regulated to be responsible. I hope the obvious policy by CP, as described, is not pervasive throughout the pre-pay repair industry. When I complained to CP about the above-described situations, I was offered 3 months free coverage to address my concerns. Obviously I refused, as I now know the scam and will call servicepersons I can trust.

Original review: April 1, 2017

Account fell behind due to surgery and emergency hospital stay. Received notice of past due and complying with "cold weather rule" I paid what I could. Gas service disconnected with no warning. At time of disconnection account was paid in full, nothing past due. Refused to accommodate for my medical restrictions. Six days with no hot water, making my injuries worse. Representatives are rude, unfriendly, and lack the minuscule amount of empathy it takes to deal with the public. Also reached out to CEO, VP, and various other "leaders" and received no response or action or apology.

Original review: March 23, 2017

I have called multiple times about not receiving bills but nothing ever gets done. I paid 66.17 for my services and the next day they disconnected them. I told the worker I already paid but she jumped my LOCKED fence anyway to turn it off. I called and asked how is this possible but they could care less. I would have to pay 40 for reconnect and 20 for the statement charge for... get this SENDING OUT MONTHLY BILLS. I told him look at my account. They rarely send my bills, I was told call the post office?!! Then if you want same day service then the charge is 47.00. This is by far one of the companies I loathe the most besides UPS. Their customer service is non-sympathetic because they know you HAVE to have them.

Original review: March 9, 2017

What's the point of having a customer support department when all the employees are trained to default blame to the customers. First, CHANGE YOUR ONLINE PAYMENT FUNNEL. You are able to tell people their payments were received, but if it doesn't go through you MAIL A LETTER? Ever heard of paperless? If a payment doesn't go through, or checking information is incorrect, then your multi-million business can afford to send an email saying, "Hey, your payment was declined for this reason." That way your customers can immediately fix the problem. By sending out mail, it takes a few days to receive, and if for any reason the mail isn't received, you send a tech to turn off their gas, and charge your customers $75 to turn it back on. I can see how that in itself is a business. Swindling your customers out of reconnection fees for your poor notification process. These days, sending out a letter is NOT ENOUGH.

If you are reading this, be prepared to get NOTHING from CenterPoint's customer service. Don't expect much from their Customer Support because they do not fear you leaving, they have no reason to try to work with you. I was literally told on the phone by the customer service rep: "You must have put the number in wrong, that's not our fault, that's yours." LOL. Who says that? If this was said by any employee in my business, especially in customer support, they'd be fired. The fact the employee even said that, means they weren't trained right. If you don't know what feeling helpless feels like, call CenterPoint. As a customer, if there is something we can actually do to change how this company treats their customers, please contact me. I'm on board to do whatever I can.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2017

Never fought so hard for $30 only to lose to ridiculous rep. I called to pay my mom's final bill after she died on Feb. 1st and to get the $30 returned payment charge removed. The charge was incurred when the company attempted to autodraft her final payment from her frozen bank account (as happens when someone dies) on Feb. 14th. My brother had called to activate service at the same address (he is assuming ownership of the home) on Feb. 3rd. She claims that when that happens, they have no obligation to contact the previous owner.

I pointed out how absurd that is considering I could just activate service at someone else's home, change my preferred contact method to email, and disconnect service the next day, leaving the victim with no gas service and no warning that it's being shut off! While I will admit that's a pretty great prank they're allowing people to pull on each other, it's absolutely ridiculous how hard this woman fought for that $30 charge. She said that if my brother had expressed that he was calling on her behalf to indicate she had died, they would have asked how he wanted the final payment processed (autodraft or mail a final bill). I pointed out that that is still stupid because when someone dies, their accounts get frozen and you CAN'T autodraft from them. This is exactly why every other company I've ever dealt with just mails a final bill!

Screw you, Centerpoint Energy. You will get my $30, but you will also get my eternal disdain. Oh, and not my business because I don't live in Arkansas, and you just solidified another reason I don't ever want to move back!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

CenterPoint has the worst customer service practices and holding monopoly on the gas services in the area. Why? Someone please listen the complaints and anger and deep dissatisfaction of the customers!!! I own several investment properties and set up the account with CenterPoint with a billing address different from service address. Never received the bill and service got disconnected without notifying me. To reconnect CenterPoint asking for outrageous, high fee. Surprise, they found my mailing address to mail the final bill!!! We need alternative to CenterPoint!!! We need a fair gas rates that would reflect a current historically low gas prices!!! Get rid of this greedy CenterPoint!!!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

For me, it can't get any worse than this and the idea that gas services can be monopolized at any part of a state is just absurd. I have never been treated this way in my life. They just shove it down your throat because you don't have other OPTIONS. I came home yesterday 2/7/17 around 3 pm and there was a note that my gas has been disconnected. I called CenterPoint immediately and explained to them that I had made the payment thru Bill Pay with my Chase account about 5 days ago. The lady wasn't hearing me out; she was extremely rude and at some point it felt like I was talking to a robot because she couldn't have been human. I have a new born in the house so I wanted them to reconnect same day. I had to pay my Bill which apparently had not been remitted to them by my bank, pay a disconnection fee and them pay for same day reconnection.

At around 4:30 I got an automated call concerning my service. I chose ON SITE to let them know I was home. I waited in the house until 6 pm at which point I was late to get my son from daycare. My mother was in the house also with my newborn in the living room. At 7 pm still no one had shown up so I called CenterPoint energy but they were closed and the system informed me that my service had to be rescheduled because there was no one at the residence when the tech got there.

The next day I called back and really I wasn't upset. I just want my service turned on. The agent told me that I have to pay another 47 bucks for expedited service so I explained to her what had happened the previous day and the fact that I already paid for the service. Laura decided to transfer me to David a supposed supervisor. David told me there was no way around it. I had to pay AGAIN or my service would be turned back on until the next day and this was at 7 am on 2/8/17. They were rude, heinous and without any remorse.

I work in customer service and I understand how difficult it can get that's why I have never written any negative comment about any business but this is monopolistic exploitation. It is a blue collar robbery business that should not be allowed to stand. The tech claimed to have knocked twice on the door but there was a car on the driveway, there was door bell, and them my phone number on which I had received call previously. This is a complete false service but I had to pay again. I have read so many similar reviews and I know nothing will be done but I commit all this in God's hands and I know he interfere in the affairs of men and he will fight this battle for me because justice is his.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2017

I paid my bill via phone last month. The first time, the company's automated payment system cut off prior to finishing my transaction. I attempted to pay $30 which was about 3 over because the amount payable increased after I selected "pay all". Selecting "pay all" left a small balance. After I was cut off the first time, I went back in to attempt to pay balance again because I wasn't sure the first payment attempt was successful, after their phone system cut me off. I paid approx $28.

Today, I came home and my gas was cut off, the explanation was that my bank account was nonexistent. I validated my banking info when the info was read back to me. I was charged for both the $30 payment which supposedly did not go through and would have technically been an over payment, the $28 payment which was a legitimate bill, in addition to a $20 return charge. I ended up paying close to $200 for a $28 charge. The account was valid and there were adequate funds.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2017

Service appointment on 02/03/2017 was cancelled without notification. When I called them only I came to know that because of the upgrade to my account after making the appointment resulted automatic cancellation. This is not my fault. The person whom made the appointment should have noticed this cancellation. This is total negligence on the part of your representative. We were waiting for weeks for this repair as some parts were ordered. Dirty clothes piled up and wanted to wash them during the weekend. I came home taking half days leave to be at home for the technician as this repair is so important to us. NOW we have to wait for another two days. Shame on you HSP TODAY. PLEASE DO NOT MIX UP YOUR PROMOTIONS WITH SERVICE APPOINTMENTS.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2017

On January 25 in Houston I was working from home and was in an important conference call with my boss (no less) when a Center Point worker knocked on my door (for an installation they were doing NEXT DOOR, not me). I chose to stay in the conference call with clients and not answer the door. The worker could hear me since my desk is close to the front door (and the window was ajar), so he chose to knock more loudly. I chose to ignore it again, since I had no appointment, I was home alone and at work, and I could not have verified this was a Center Point energy worker, anyway. At that point, he became enraged that I did not answer the door. I suppose he assigned "motive" and probably had no sensitivity training from Center Point - he assumed I didn't care or was lazy or something.

He began to beat on my door with both fists, at which time the "jig was up" and my company and clients heard him. So, I got up and answered the door. To my surprise after he rudely barked at me what he wanted, and I explained the conference call, and told him he could go in my backyard for my neighbor's installation, he stormed away angrily, without EVEN SO MUCH AS AN APOLOGY. I have been entrusted to be an employee work from home - not a contractor - so I have responsibilities to maintain an office environment.

I am the only employee in my entire company who is allowed to work from home. He could have actually cost me my job, or they could have reviewed the work from home and made me move to a distant city, but I have an understanding and good company (lucky for Center Point). I asked for a call from a supervisor and reported the incident, but no one called. I had to call back two days later and got a case number, but no return call yet. Really, I just want to know if he broke protocol or if Center Point tells their employees that if the homeowner (neighbor) is home they HAVE TO get permission, regardless of the cost to the person, to get into the yard without appointment.

CenterPoint Energy Company Information