2. Homeowners
  3. Utilities

3.9/5 (249 ratings)

About Ambit Energy

Ambit Energy Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ambit Energy?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ambit Energy?

Original review: Aug. 31, 2020

This has been the WORST experience I have ever had with an electric company. The issues have occurred every single month from start of service. My electric has been disconnected every month since service and I have payed every month on time. The very first month they charged my account 3 times!!! Claiming that the amount had been refused for insufficient funds. When I called they were extremely rude. They refunded me back all money owed 2 weeks later. The second month they disconnected saying that I had not payed the bill, my account is on auto draft. When I called the manager was again extremely rude. Third month same thing. This month we are back to the insufficient funds scenario. I do not understand how this company even exists still. I am required to use them do to my apartment complex. However I do NOT recommend this company under ANY circumstances. They are a big reason I will not be renewing my lease.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

I had subscribed to Ambit Energy in September 2019. This customer rep lady asked for my personal information over the phone, including SSN, and was very rude. Anyway, we went ahead with setting up the account as we were promised only a contract of 6 months and a low cost of energy after that. We were guaranteed special low pricing after the six (6) months of service.

Before the end of the contract, I tried to contact Ms. ** via phone & email, but she did not reply back. I then called Ambit Energy customer service and was promised that our low rate would be the same. Soon our bill started climbing up from approximately $90 to our current bill of $188 per month. We have not been home for at least part of each month. I tried explaining to the customer service representative and asked for a manager, but they were extremely rude.

Our apartment is only 1000 sq feet, and this cost of energy is very high. I want Ambit to refund the amount from the 7th month onwards till the current bill as we were promised that our Electricity bill would NOT go up. We will pursue all avenues, including contacting government regulatory bodies and other social media platforms if this matter is not promptly addressed. We have canceled our service with Ambit and pursued their competition. They have lost a good-paying client. Very Frustrated!!!

Original review: July 17, 2020

I saw a low rating for Ambit and was surprised. I have had great customer service and my parents have been customers for 12 years. I did however look at the ratings on this site for the other energy companies and they ALL had a lower rating than Ambit. I don't know what these people who say they are going with another company are going to do... go without electricity? Always the same complaints, too. They forget to pay their bill and complain at the consequences? Majority seem to be customer error by not reading the EFL which is required by law to be available to potential customers. And with Ambit, if you go paperless and autopay they reward you with a substantial discount. Go with Ambit and please for the love of dogs and cats... read the policy statements. Due to the loss of work during the pandemic I decided to become a full time Independent Consultant with Ambit because I have been a satisfied customer and believe in the company.

Original review: June 29, 2020

I am in Alberta Canada and having been using Ambit Energy since Nov 2016. There has been significant cost savings over time. Saving money and being able to earn FREE energy supply has led me to introducing to all my family and friends. There are no hidden costs or transaction fees.

Original review: June 17, 2020

After being a new customer and trying to have a better understanding of my bill and charges. I spoke to two Ambit employees, one which was talking over me and giving me no actual explanation of what I was asking or seeking to understand. Second was a supervisor named Kaddim - both which were not good at explaining and or clarifying anything about my bill. I simply asked why would they no mention extra fees and charges when you a new customer calls to join your services. I was told, "Well it was in your contract" so basically you are wrongly informed and/or misled into something and then they tell you, "Well it was in your contract" which is something that is sent after you have signed up with them.

Also told that the consultants are not the same as Ambit energy agents - so when you google and search Ambit - make sure to ask to speak directly to an Ambit agent or you will speak to a consultant which is not the same? Let's just say that after the call I was left with major confusion and mind blown. I will definitely cancel my account and never recommend Ambit to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2020

I switched to Ambit Energy for gas and power last year. I have had great service and my bills are way cheaper than before I knew I had a choice of providers. I also like the fact that with referrals I can get Free Energy from their promotion.

Original review: May 18, 2020

*Do not use Ambit Energy. Using their marketing representatives Ambit pitch what it considers low rate of 8 or 9 cents per kw to potential customers, but when the bill shows up Ambit uses algebraic formulas to compute your consumption. Ambit energy sent me extremely high bills every month. When customer service is contacted, they all respond like programmed robots. They gave me the excuse that my bill is high because I do not have auto pay.

This April, I tried to pay my bill online as I usually do every month, but the site was down for about two days. I eventually contacted them by phone to pay the bill with my debit card, Ambit customer service insisted that an additional charge of $2.50 for card, and $10 for late payment will be added to my bill. While the rep agreed that the website was down, he refused to waive those charges. I can't wait to switch when term expires in August. Ambit should not serve the public...

Original review: May 14, 2020

Due to Ambit Energy’s own negligent, they charged me late fees during COVID 19 pandemic. When it is against the State and Federal law. They don’t care for their customers and it’s all about the money $ for them. If you have been charged late fees during COVID 19 Pandemic, file a class action lawsuit, because they take advantage of seniors and people who make automatic payments. This company needs to be prosecuted for charging late fees during COVID 19!

Original review: April 28, 2020

I’ve probably been with Ambit for a decade now and I’ve never had a problem. For the last couple of weeks I get an error message when trying to access my account to renew my service next month. My auto pay debited my account on 4/13. Because I’m not working due to Covid, my fiancé saw the statement on the counter (it had the 800 number I was going to call since their website is down) and thought he’d help me by paying the bill. Ambit charged him FOUR times and we are now overpaid by $520. When I called today, the agent blamed my fiancé saying he hit the button too many times and said 20-30 days for a refund. I was at the grocery store and have no idea how he got on the website to begin with but I’m pretty sure it was a website issue.

When I tried to get on today, I got another network error (see attached). The agent today also blamed people working at home for bogging down the bandwidth. Again, it’s been a network error and not my fault that their servers are ill equipped. The representative of Ambit today took no accountability on their part other than to offer a refund in TWENTY to THIRTY days, which she said was an exception to the rule. At least two of those erroneous charges put my fiancé in the negative and the bank will charge around $60 for overdraft fees. The Ambit agent made no attempt to make that right. I thought others should see how their customer service works these days, so I’m posting here, my FB page, Yelp and Google reviews. For the record the agent and I were friendly enough. I don’t blame her, but I do hold Ambit accountable for lack of service, even theft at this point since they’re holding our money. My contract expires May 12 and I will not renew.

Original review: April 21, 2020

Ambit Energy is an excellent company. They saved us $300/year on two separate properties power and gas bills. Fantastic service and friendly consultants. I would highly recommend Ambit Energy to anyone looking to save money of their power and gas.

Ambit Energy Company Information