2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

El Segundo, CA

2.9/5 (115 ratings)

About YMT Vacations

We started in 1967 in Michigan as “Your Man Tours” arranging tours to Hawaii for Veterans of Foreign Wars. The “Your Man” was referenced to our Polynesian guides who greeted guests at the Honolulu airport with beautiful and fragrant flower leis. Our guides created a warm and engaging atmosphere as they introduced YMT guests to their beautiful island paradise.

YMT Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations?

Original review: July 14, 2021

We booked travel to the national parks for 19 days. Their website and my contract reads flight included. One month before our trip they say they made a mistake a year ago and want us to pay for the flight. Be aware.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Our YMT Alaskan Cruise for May 2021 was canceled due to covid. They will not refund our deposit! They are using the "no refund of deposit" excuse. I read the agreement... that "no refund" policy is for customers that are canceling... NOT TOUR COMPANY CANCELING! Their crooked, illegal loophole is making them millions $$$$!!! YMT is creating vacation cruises, taking your deposit, canceling trip, and keeping your deposit! Clever, huh? And illegal! Now why couldn't I think of a "get-rich-quick" scheme like that??? I could have been a sorry, no-good, seedy, dishonest, multi millionaire, like them? Their customer service is non-existent...but I completely understand! I wouldn't want to talk to thousands of people I cheated money out of, either, if I were you! I really think there needs to be a lawsuit from all of us!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Plan a trip to Ireland in May and due to Covid the trip was canceled. This company is not refunding our money and is issuing a credit. Why should they hold on to our money when we could be using it for other things. We do not know what tomorrow brings and if we will even be around in 2 years. Not to mention if we even feel safe traveling out of the country. I would like to have our money back in the bank and making interest at least than counting on a wing and a prayer that this company will even be around in 2 years.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Signed up for Rose Bowl Parade Trip. Am sad trip was cancelled by Rose Bowl Committee due to COVID 19. Deposit will be credited to another trip and not refunded. Credit expires in December of 2021. Not sure I will be able to travel when it’s safe and not confident company will be in business. Other large agencies are refunding money in full for any COVID cancelled trip. Feel this is very unfair to consumer and definitely will not book with YMT Travel. Am also going to report this company to Better Business Bureau and hope others will too.

Original review: June 24, 2020

YMT cancelled our trip in August because of COVID-19. The trip was fully paid and now they want to keep our $1000 deposit and give us a partial refund. I will never book with them again. I can see if we had cancelled and they kept the deposit, but they are the ones who cancelled. We’re not giving them our hard earned money for free without a fight!!

Original review: June 22, 2020

Booked a tour/cruise which I canceled in January due to the pandemic. Tried to get a refund or transfer to another trip. YMT response, Holland America did not refund them, which I don't believe and NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS. Won't refund my flight cost either, which I know they got refunded. YMT said I would get refunded my tax, which I have not received. Put in a claim with the credit card company which was denied and they tell me to contact the vendor and work with them. They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. You would think during these unusual times they would work with you and even refund some of my money. The lesson I learned is NEVER WORK WITH A 3RD PARTY, book directly with for example Holland America etc. I am working with other travel companies(AAA, Viking, Holland America and Gate1) who are really working with me and giving me a refund or future cruise credit.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Had to cancel trip due to Covid 19. Was told will credit my credit card with refund. 4-6 weeks. When a tornado damaged my home 3 weeks ago they stated they would expedite credit. It is in the 6th week now and same story. I will never travel with YMT again due to the poor refund process, broken promises and lip service. STILL WAITING.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I booked a vacation through YMT for this April and understandably it was postponed due to COVID. I was pleased to learn that we could use 100% of what we paid towards a future trip but when I contacted YMT to learn more, I was appalled by the poor customer service and lack of any other options for their customers.

1. The person that I had the "pleasure" of speaking with might as well refused to have helped. She replied in one word answers and gave no reassurance or advice about how to move forward.

2. They would not guarantee that a future trip would even be available when we chose to rebook.

3. They could give any advice about when would be a good time to make a decision.

4. There are NO OTHER OPTIONS. They will not entertain the idea of even a partial refund and the person I spoke with basically said that "every situation is different" which to me says that some customers are getting a good deal, while others are not. I guess if you throw a big enough hissy fit they might do something for you.

I would like to end this review by saying that I work in this industry and have all the sympathy in the world for the position the global pandemic puts companies like this in. HOWEVER, the companies that will make it through this will have excellent customer relations and flexible options. YMT is not one of these companies. I fear that our future travel credit will be worth nothing when the rest of their customers discover this as well.

Original review: March 30, 2020

With the existing Pandemic our Trip to Alaska has been canceled for June 16. Unfortunately YMT is failing to give a refund. They have offered a credit which is good for 2 years which I believe is unacceptable. My wife spoke with someone named TARA who said that Holland America was not giving refunds. When I went to the Holland America website it says they are. I find YMT's Practice of no refunds and travel credit only to be joke especially since we are in the middle of a Pandemic.

Original review: March 17, 2020

YMT vacations is as crooked as they come. They had to cancel our trip to London/France because of all that’s going on with the virus. They refuse to give us our money back. The manager Tara claims they can’t get their money back, so we can’t either! I think that’s a brunch of bull!! This is a worldwide epidemic going on, shouldn’t the company have insurance? And just like someone else said, when you have a problem they won’t call you back. They do everything to avoid you!!! Take my advice - don’t ever use YMT vacations!!!!

YMT Vacations Company Information