El Segundo, CA

2.8/5 (118 ratings)

About YMT Vacations

We started in 1967 in Michigan as “Your Man Tours” arranging tours to Hawaii for Veterans of Foreign Wars. The “Your Man” was referenced to our Polynesian guides who greeted guests at the Honolulu airport with beautiful and fragrant flower leis. Our guides created a warm and engaging atmosphere as they introduced YMT guests to their beautiful island paradise.

YMT Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations?

Original review: July 25, 2022

WE booked an escorted tour with optional air, optional meals, and optional tours to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The departure date 10/1/22. We were paid in full and excited to be going. The day before the final payments were due (this was 6/22/22) they killed the tour, cutely calling it "Suspended" rather than "Cancelled". This was 101 days before the start date of our tour. Two hours after receiving an email, I replied stating that we wished to have a refund and did not wish to take an alternative tour next year.

Finally, I was able to talk to someone by clicking on buttons for a new reservation (this was on 7/12/22), but the person said they were not qualified to handle refunds and would forward it to their "Supervisor". Yesterday (7/24/22), I used their "Request a Callback" at the top of their website. No response. Basically they have taken all of our money and are not planning on refunding any of it. Not even the portions that were for air, meals, or optional excursions. They should have been able to cancel these extras without penalties at 90+ days days prior to arrival (I know because I have organize, marketed, and lead many International tours myself.)

Original review: June 9, 2022

I find from my friends that the the trip was cancel. No notice from YMT. I was calling them many times ask about return my deposit. I send email with the refund and I get only info so that deposit is not refunded. I did not canceled. The company canceled and hold my money. This is how company with no any services make the profit. Some attorneys have to make more closing looks and we all need to find someone who can teach the company doing the business.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2021

I really enjoyed the tour. The guides (Nox & Pita) were great. The hotels were nice, and the excursions offered were fabulous (I took them all). However, the tour company itself gets an F for communication. I had to call them for everything. I had to call to get the final travel documents. They said they wouldn't help me with airport transfers because I booked the flights to and from home myself (using covid airline credits) so I took care of it -- only to find out that I could have gotten the guide to help me when I was in Hawaii. I had to call to get the excursion information -- it did not come automatically to me. Many other people on the trip had the same experience -- no emails, phone calls, or help upfront. The tour itself was wonderful.

Original review: July 14, 2021

We booked travel to the national parks for 19 days. Their website and my contract reads flight included. One month before our trip they say they made a mistake a year ago and want us to pay for the flight. Be aware.

Original review: April 27, 2021

Our YMT Alaskan Cruise for May 2021 was canceled due to covid. They will not refund our deposit! They are using the "no refund of deposit" excuse. I read the agreement... that "no refund" policy is for customers that are canceling... NOT TOUR COMPANY CANCELING! Their crooked, illegal loophole is making them millions $$$$!!! YMT is creating vacation cruises, taking your deposit, canceling trip, and keeping your deposit! Clever, huh? And illegal! Now why couldn't I think of a "get-rich-quick" scheme like that??? I could have been a sorry, no-good, seedy, dishonest, multi millionaire, like them? Their customer service is non-existent...but I completely understand! I wouldn't want to talk to thousands of people I cheated money out of, either, if I were you! I really think there needs to be a lawsuit from all of us!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2020

Plan a trip to Ireland in May and due to Covid the trip was canceled. This company is not refunding our money and is issuing a credit. Why should they hold on to our money when we could be using it for other things. We do not know what tomorrow brings and if we will even be around in 2 years. Not to mention if we even feel safe traveling out of the country. I would like to have our money back in the bank and making interest at least than counting on a wing and a prayer that this company will even be around in 2 years.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Signed up for Rose Bowl Parade Trip. Am sad trip was cancelled by Rose Bowl Committee due to COVID 19. Deposit will be credited to another trip and not refunded. Credit expires in December of 2021. Not sure I will be able to travel when it’s safe and not confident company will be in business. Other large agencies are refunding money in full for any COVID cancelled trip. Feel this is very unfair to consumer and definitely will not book with YMT Travel. Am also going to report this company to Better Business Bureau and hope others will too.

Original review: June 24, 2020

YMT cancelled our trip in August because of COVID-19. The trip was fully paid and now they want to keep our $1000 deposit and give us a partial refund. I will never book with them again. I can see if we had cancelled and they kept the deposit, but they are the ones who cancelled. We’re not giving them our hard earned money for free without a fight!!

Original review: June 22, 2020

Booked a tour/cruise which I canceled in January due to the pandemic. Tried to get a refund or transfer to another trip. YMT response, Holland America did not refund them, which I don't believe and NO REFUNDS OR TRANSFERS. Won't refund my flight cost either, which I know they got refunded. YMT said I would get refunded my tax, which I have not received. Put in a claim with the credit card company which was denied and they tell me to contact the vendor and work with them. They won't respond to my emails or phone calls. You would think during these unusual times they would work with you and even refund some of my money. The lesson I learned is NEVER WORK WITH A 3RD PARTY, book directly with for example Holland America etc. I am working with other travel companies(AAA, Viking, Holland America and Gate1) who are really working with me and giving me a refund or future cruise credit.

Original review: May 16, 2020

Had to cancel trip due to Covid 19. Was told will credit my credit card with refund. 4-6 weeks. When a tornado damaged my home 3 weeks ago they stated they would expedite credit. It is in the 6th week now and same story. I will never travel with YMT again due to the poor refund process, broken promises and lip service. STILL WAITING.

YMT Vacations Company Information