2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

El Segundo, CA

2.9/5 (116 ratings)

About YMT Vacations

We started in 1967 in Michigan as “Your Man Tours” arranging tours to Hawaii for Veterans of Foreign Wars. The “Your Man” was referenced to our Polynesian guides who greeted guests at the Honolulu airport with beautiful and fragrant flower leis. Our guides created a warm and engaging atmosphere as they introduced YMT guests to their beautiful island paradise.

YMT Vacations Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations ?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about YMT Vacations?

Original review: March 17, 2020

YMT vacations is as crooked as they come. They had to cancel our trip to London/France because of all that’s going on with the virus. They refuse to give us our money back. The manager Tara claims they can’t get their money back, so we can’t either! I think that’s a brunch of bull!! This is a worldwide epidemic going on, shouldn’t the company have insurance? And just like someone else said, when you have a problem they won’t call you back. They do everything to avoid you!!! Take my advice - don’t ever use YMT vacations!!!!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2020

Updated on 02/24/2020: Booked a cruise through YMT(Holland America boat). Canceled cruise on 1/27/20 because of the coronavirus. YMT has a no refund policy. Cancellation insurance doesn't cover Epidemic. YMT is not responding to my e-mails. I'm asking for a refund of my tax, and 3 tours I booked through them and my air fare.

Original Review: Booked cruise with YMT, Marvels of East Asia, tour started in Hong Kong and ended in China. Canceled the tour on 1/27/20 due to coronavirus. As of 1/30/20 YMT still had not canceled the cruise with Holland American. Cancellation insurance won't pay anything, not one of approved reasons for cancellation. Talked to YMT and Holland American many times trying to get even a partial credit on future trip or refund of some kind. YMT says they won't get any money from Holland American and they cannot transfer to another booking on YMT. Holland American says they will allow YMT to let me transfer to another booking but again YMT says they can't. I asked who has my money, YMT says they don't and Holland American says they cannot respond to financial questions. If I had booked directly through Holland American they could have transferred me to another cruise. They are pointing fingers at each other. If

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

Saw YMT ad in AARP newsletter. Called them to inquire about a tour and left message to return my call. No return call after 45 or more days. I will never spend money buying a trip from a company that does not return a telephone call.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

We traveled with YMT for the first time in Oct. 2019 and that will be our last. My husband and I have traveled with world with various tour co. and have never experienced anything like YMT. From accommodations to the tour director and everything in between, it was the worst we have ever encountered. Even for a bare bones company like YMT it was well below standards (not even a complimentary bottle of water on the bus). Our fellow passengers were all in agreement about this poorly run tour to the Balloon Fiesta. Never again with YMT. For budget conscious folks use Caravan if you want something really great go for Tauck, in the long run it is worth the money, believe me.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

Iceland Tour October 2019 - Our flight arrived a half hour early, so there was no one there as of yet to greet us. That was okay, a bunch of us just waited together until they got there. We loved this vacation. The fact that we stayed at one hotel was the best. It was right in town, so you could walk to different restaurants and coffee shops if you so chose. Our Tour Director, Gouny was fantastic. She knew the history of Iceland and filled us in from Vikings forward. It was very windy, but that did not stop us from seeing the sites! Thank you Guony for a great trip! Thank you YMT for the one stay at a hotel.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2019

We took airfare through YMT. 1. An agent was to meet and greet us at baggage. The greeter was aware two couples were getting our luggage. She asked us to wait while she got the others situated in the bus. She left 4 of us stranded for over an hour, an additional hour or so of waiting the arrival of 2 more couples plus getting us to the hotel. We reported her to the "greeting personnel" and were told, "She has been with us a while and she is a good gal." No apology.

2. When a step-on guide begin a walking tour in NY, he started walking away before everyone got out of the bus as did the bus tour guide. My husband returned to the bus to retrieve his phone and the whole group had disappeared. I called the tour guide twice, texted her, and waited where the bus dropped us off for a minimum of 30 minutes. I tried calling YMT which offered the message, "All our ? are busy;" hold. I could not tie up the line holding as I was hoping a tour guide would contact me. Scary to be lost in New York City.

3. The tour guide convinced YMT to deliver to the airport people that had made their own travel arrangements. Shame on her, it costs more to go with YMT tour & flight; we pay extra for luggage. This is expected. The people that took SW airlines got much cheaper flight, free luggage, The tour guide, with YMT approval, provided them a free ride to the airport so they could avoid the cab fare. You bent the rules for a few. 4. One of the motels has a set of steps that are an invitation for disaster. Very steep especially for senior citizens. The best part of the trip were the sights and the bus driver who's driving skills and friendliness were appreciated by all. YMT Trip #4 was not a good experience.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

Italy Tour - 9 days. Many of us on this tour were unhappy with the level of service provided by YMT. The hotels left much to be desired. I would rate the living arrangements on a scale from 0 - 10 as a 2. The beds were awful and uncomfortable, the linen and comforters were dirty/dingy. We had to ask for replacement and still was unable to be made comfortable. No padding for the beds; only one sheet as though you were sleeping on the bare mattress. The locations were not good, not close to anything. The Food....OMG was JUST PLAIN AWFUL!!! AWFUL! AWFUL AWFUL! We paid way too much for this trip for the lack of quality, travel, hotel accommodations and lack of knowledge and helpfulness of the tour guide. I contact YMT while on tour to no avail. I definitely (others said the same) will not use them again for a tour.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2019

We were disappointed we had to cancel our cruise. The YMT Claims Dept was professional, courteous, and helpful in sending the documents we needed for the insurance co. We were satisfied with YMT from when we signed up through the process of cancelling our trip. We plan on using YMT for future vacations.

Original review: June 16, 2019

Our group of 10 people went on a tour with YMT to Greece for 10 days. We arrived home 2 days ago and am still upset over our experience on this tour. There is way too much bad things to talk about, but just to say the hotels, food, excursions, bus and boat transfers were the worst I have ever experienced. My hotels were so bad we tried switching rooms at each hotel to find no room was better. The hotels were miles away from anything to eat or enjoy, like any first time traveler to a area could want. We spent hundreds of dollars on taxis and food to find some enjoyment. Our tour guide was disorganized and we always felt like we were on our own to figure things out. Do your homework before setting up a tour with YMT. They give you just enough info to get you excited but not enough to know exactly where you will stay or experience. This tour was a joke and we all say we will NEVER use YMT again for our next vacation.

Original review: June 5, 2019

In October 2018, my sister and I went on a trip to China. It started in Beijing and ended in Shanghai. Truly a great trip. Our flight from Los Angeles to Beijing was an overnight flight and neither of us slept much. We were met at the Beijing Airport by one of our National Guides; while our second National Guides met another group of vacationers. Once everyone arrived, we were transported to our first hotel. Very nice. Coupons for dinner were in our welcome envelope. Our first afternoon was at our leisure of which we napped trying to catch up on missed sleep. Dinner at our first hotel was buffet style of which there were lots of options.

From that point on, our trip was packed with all the things on our bucket list. The top being a trip to The Great Wall of China, Tian'an men Square, the Forbidden City, the Terracotta Army, Yangtze River Cruise and of course the Giant Pandas! So much more was included... too numerous to name. Our two National Guides were fabulous, Snow and Jack. Thank you for offering this great trip and I recommend in highly.

YMT Vacations Company Information