2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.1/5 (107 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Please take note of all the negative comments. My husband & I were sucked in on a family vacation in Belize. Our salesman was a nice grandfatherly type and we trusted him. HUGE, COSTLY mistake... So many promises were made but as we found out too late they were not in the contract. Also found out too late we had only 2 days to cancel, by then we were on our way home. After many tries to cancel and get a refund, we were told they met all their requirements and did not owe us money. Lost 11,000.00... Don't listen to them, don't talk to them, don't even look at them... They all make promises they can't and won't keep. We should have known better but got caught up in the fun and sun. Please don't make the same mistake we did!!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2019

I stayed at the Days Inn Wyndham hotel in LA and it was full of roaches. I called and talked to customer service because I am allergic of roaches and they didn't at first want to give me a refund. I believe this place is a shelter for sure. Also the water was about to be turned off due to a plumbing problem. I finally got my refund at about 11pm at night and I had to call around and find somewhere else to stay barely found somewhere. I got lucky. Then the guy I talked to at Wyndham told me in the future if I wanted to try another hotel they would accommodate me one night free. I called and talked to customer service and they gave me an reference number and said they would call me back about the matter and they never called. I called them back at Wyndham customer service and was talking to a rude supervisor and she told me they weren't going to accommodate anything. She was very very rude.

I have went to several timeshare meetings with Wyndham whereas they are trying to sell people timeshares, but yet they let the Days Inn use their logo and name and try to put you in roach hotel rooms then talk to customers any kind of way. Not business like. I will email and blog their investors page and let them know that they don't accommodate the guest as they promise to do. Also I would recommend that as long as the Days Inn are using their name that I wouldn't spend a dime with Wyndham or the Days Inn. These people would put you in a roach ridden room, offer to make it right by having your next stay one night free, but they don't live up to their agreement and talk to the guest as they please, in a nasty way. The Days Inn and Wyndham are the worst companies ever. I will let the investors in the company know how they treat people.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Do NOT fall for these slimy salespeople awful techniques! They’ll promise you the world and never deliver on it. I told them MULTIPLE times during these presentations that I do not vacation, and that it’s not a good fit for me, but they kept creating lie after lie trying to convince me to sign up. After I signed up, the truth came out. It’s a scam! They created such an extravagant lie fit JUST for me so I would sign up. It’s the biggest mistake I’ve ever made!

To make matters worse, the salesmen Roih ** and C Jay ** BOTH ran my credit (once for a credit card, another time for PayPal) WITHOUT MY CONSENT! Not only will the timeshare purchase take all your money, it’ll ruin your credit too! I tried calling my salesmen C Jay ** multiple times, but he refuses to return my call. Contacting Wyndham customer service is also a joke, as they were absolutely no help. Please learn from my mistakes and avoid Wyndham timeshare AT ALL COSTS! BEWARE: THEY WILL RUN YOUR CREDIT WITHOUT PERMISSION!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

We stopped by a booth for tickets to Splashtown in San Antonio. Before we knew it, we were scheduled to attend a 90 minute presentation the next day. We were offered a $25 gift card, $75 restaurant vouchers, two boat rides, and one free hotel stay if we attended. So of course we did. The next day we were shuttled to the Wyndham office and the presentation began friendly but when we said we were not interested because they wanted $35,000 down they became aggressive. They then gave us a discount price for $14,000 with less points but we still said no. They called us rude and their tone was mean.

I felt very intimidated but eventually we were led out to an exit review. They tried to sell us points to rent not own. The price was $2,700 but we said no because we were just ready to escape. So finally after several hours of their aggressive sales pitch we we led out to a cashier who gave us all the freebies we were promised. We left gladly but scarred! Don’t attend this because it’s not worth the degrading way they treat you. I’ll pray for them because it’s evil the way they conduct business.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

Rick, the security personnel shrugged off my children’s and my request for help right before we were assaulted by another family between the Iguna pool and back pool area in the resort. Rick was a no show after ten minutes of my children running to get help in the first place so I had to walk back towards the front of the resort where I found him standing aside the bar. After I spoke with Rick regarding my concerns and reported to him the current situation he told me he was going to get a golf cart to come to the back and look for the adult families members to address two young teenage boys who were bullying my 9 and 11yr in the pool.

Other guests witnessed the bullying, including one of the teenagers hitting my 9 yr old in the back when he tried to get out of the pool. Rick also responded he knew who the teenagers were that I had reported and concurred they should not have been unaccompanied without adult supervision from their own parents at the pool area. However, he was non-concerned in general about what I had reported and had no intention of accompanying me and the children back to our room.

He made a claim he would go get a golf cart to ride around back to find the teenagers parents to speak with them, but no disciplinary action would happen unless there was another incident following (that was complete bs as the next incident happened less than five minutes after he walked away from us and still the hotel has taken no disciplinary action out on the individuals who attacked and assaulted us. That family is still at the resort now as I write this review). Following departing the Iguna pool and my conversation with Rick (security) I went to walk my children back through the wooded area between the Iguna pool and back pool. As we approached center where there is a small roundabout walkway, the teenage boys along with their adult family members aggressively came strait toward us like a pack of animals and began verbally assaulting us.

When I tried to continue to walk and stated they should go see security themselves, a 22 year old adult female began hitting me in my back and using her body to keep knocking me forward. When I tried to step up to the back pool she jumped in front of me and started beating me. I screamed for my children to try and run. While I was attacked the teenage boy who had hit my 9yr old earlier in the back then jumped on top of my 11 year old and punched him continuously until he could not get up and walk.

911 was called by another guest. At no point did this security (Rick) who we requested help from ever even come back to the area where we were assaulted and attacked. In fact in a span of over 30 minutes he was still not to be found even when the police arrived on scene. We left this hotel, I will never return as I feel it’s unsafe. After the police arrived it was determined there are no security cameras on the premises for anyone’s protection. Other guest who witnessed the assault also requested to be relocated to other hotels as they felt unsafe. It was absolutely inappropriate for security (Rick) to shrug and make the statements to the bartender at the Iguna pool “what can I do about it”? (While the other guests at the bar overheard and were extremely upset by.)

Had security followed my children and I instead of lying about going to get a golf cart and had walked with us this entire situation could have been avoided as I believe it would be “security”. It’s not that I have any faith in Rick and his ability to do his job as a security personnel, it’s the fact if he was there as another person in the situation my children and I could have at least escaped and ran away possibly before we were attacked. Nobody comes on vacation to experience low class individuals staying there, bullying, using the foulest language openly, viciously assaulting a woman and her two young children.

The aftermath of the situation has also been disappointing. The only people in this hotel we owe any thanks to are the two guest services individuals who helped us relocate, showed any true sympathy for what my children and I had just gone through, and actually apologized for the events occurring at the hotel. The second security personnel to be called later after the incident was over was named Will, who walked us to our room, waited while we packed, and helped us into our car in the parking garage. Will, apologized numerous times, he was kind to my children as they were extremely upset and scared, and I am thankful for his help (I wish he had been the one called on scene the first time as he knows how to do his job and could be counted on to actually protect as a security personnel). Rick should be fired for many reasons, his service to Wyndham is deplorable!

The female manger of the hotel didn’t even offer an apology, she stood stone faced, uncaring, and one can only assume she is protecting her own butt for her employee Rick’s negligence. This is truly a zero star resort! The one star I’m leaving is required to leave a review. If you are family I would not suggest you stay here! There are so many resorts in the area so choose one elsewhere that you will actually be safe at! In addition to the assault, our room wasn’t even ready by 5pm the day we arrived, and the timeshare people were aggressive in trying to sell us more when this was only just our first stay at the timeshare period. This resorts new renovations cannot hide a majority of the poor staff on premise. This is a failing property unless Wyndham does some serious firing and hiring of actual educated and customer service oriented staff! Again, deplorable all around!

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I went to a Wyndham Timeshare seminar (billed as a “travel club”) today at Wyndham Reunion Resort, Kissimmee, FL today. It was a low budget affair for a high priced product. The spokesperson was “Ben,” a supposedly former football star with a shiny bowl ring of some kind. I asked to know his last name but it would not be revealed. One of many red flags. Lots of high pressure to buy a high interest rate deal. They even offer a high rate credit card application if you can’t swing the down payment that day. Any good product does not require a high pressure sale. RUN!

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

Signed up at Planet Hollywood Las Vegas. They said our free stay after the presentation could be used at Caesar’s. So many lies! The sales presentation was awful (and I’ve Been to several). Hard sell, they want to run your credit report before they give you the details, had to ask 10 times what the details are before I got them. Your free stay has to be done online or through mail. Takes 30 or more days. Only allows you a 3 star hotel. Believe me when I say, don’t trust Wyndham!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Updated on 07/10/2020: FYI. I called to cancel a vacation I had planned with this questionable membership. I purchased back in July 2019 but reservations (looked in Oregon where I live) and nothing available until August 2020. I can call and get reservations anywhere without a membership much earlier on my own than this company can. SO... Upon canceling I was told that they extended memberships for 1 year. Wyndham website indicates 6 months. No matter how long they extend there is no way to get a reservation unless it's made for at least a year in the future. How does that work!!! No refunds either.

Original Review: I purchased a Wyndham Discovery Vacation Timeshare. It's a two year contract where I use 20,000 points to tryout their resorts. Sounded good at about $140.00 per month. Yes interest at 12.99%. No mention that wasn't included in the monthly payments. They use tactics similar to sleight of hand to point out (in contract) the good points intentionally directing your attention from the contract. Anyhow, was miserable the moment I left. Was on a vacation road trip so didn't read it all until I got home. Missed the cancellation deadline.

I paid it off immediately through the Comenity Capital Bank only using the one time user sign on. THANK GOD I DID. Got a statement from this bank and interest rate was 19.99%. Over $1700 in interest had I made the monthly installments. I do have the original Contract to prove it. Also not to mentioned and with their sleight of hand found out later I am required to attend Wyndham 1 1/2hr presentations at each place I stay. So my heart goes out to all of those that purchase anything from these crooks. Especially those that go for the lifetime memberships. Wish someone could shut them down.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

We have owned a timeshare with Wyndham since 2018 and let me tell you, it’s been one year too long. During the original presentation, we were lied to and mislead into purchasing something we didn’t understand or want. Salespeople lied about when, where, and how we could use our points as well as lying to us about giving us a free week of vacation. We were also not informed of the maintenance or house-keeping fees. We weren’t informed of all of the other “program fees” that accompanied this ownership. We are not able to use the points how we want, like we were promised.

We were told this was an investment in our children’s future, but what they didn’t say was that this gets passed down mandatorily to our children and grandchildren whether any of them or us want it at all and we weren’t told that they couldn’t cancel the contract once inherited. This has been nothing but problems and has caused hardships to our family including, but not limited to hardship, stress in our marriage and family, and a mountain of financial burdens.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

The sign-up experience with this timeshare should have been an indicator of the rest of my experience since purchasing. They essentially hold you hostage until you agree to sign the contract, and then they disappear. Terrible service all-together. We have lost well over $20,000 and have multiple instances where our points have been "thrown away" even though we were told they would roll over until the next year. They say once you own, all vacations would be free. TOTAL LIE! You're responsible for taxes, gratuities, port fees, etc. This is in addition to outrageous loan payment as well as an ever-increasing maintenance fee. This was the biggest mistake we've ever made in our lives. It's hard to comprehend how a company is able to operate the way Wyndham does. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS! Everything they tell you is a blatant lie!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

August of 2017, we attended what was supposed to be a 90-minute information session with a complimentary breakfast. In order to receive free tickets, we had to attend. This presentation was so long we ended up eating dinner there. Everyone else had already left. The salesperson proceeded to tell us that we could travel wherever we please. He told us we could ALWAYS vacation anywhere we please along with a two-bedroom suite! I also stated that we wanted to only stay in high security resorts with Wyndham. He GUARANTEED that we would be provided this.

Also, during the sales presentation, we were told we could cancel it at any time, because that’s what makes them different from the old timeshares. We went to this session at the the beginning of our 8-day trip. Therefore, by the time we got home and looked into our timeshare and saw how we couldn’t get anything we were promised, I tried calling to cancel. I was then told that I was told we had a 10-day rescission period, which wasn't true. We were told we could cancel at any time. We want out of this disaster of a company! We will never use Wyndham.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

On 3/28/2019 ** a representative of Club Wyndham sent us to Bonnet Creek, 9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, FL 32830, and his phone number is ** where we met a representative of Club Wyndham name **. He gave us a detailed tour of the rooms and facilities. He further went on to explain to my wife and I how owning Wyndham property is different from owning a timeshare and explained the advantages. He then took us to an area where we were seated and ** began to present to us various prices and Wyndham points system. After listening to the many offers we decided we could not afford the offers. After learning that we were not interested **’s attitude towards us noticeably changed, he was not as friendly as when we first met and he started making smug remarks.

** then left and came back with ** representative number: ** who introduced himself as being the person in charge of making sure the Club Wyndham representatives, such as ** and others, did their jobs correctly. Since, we could not afford to purchase Wyndham property, ** offered an alternative. ** said “I can offer you 300,000 points for $2,922.36 in which you will have 2 years to use and 6 months to pay off before incurring interest by applying for and using a Vacation Club Credit Account.” We were approved for the payment method and the $2,922.36 was charged. ** further explained that if we used any of the 300,000 points we would have to complete the payment but, if we did NOT use any of the 300,000 points and decided to cancel within the 2 years period, we would be able to get a full refund of what we had already paid so far.

After learning from ** that they were at no risk and we can cancel within the 2 years period we proceeded. We made sure we asked ** a couple more times about the cancellation policy before making our final decision to purchase the 300,000 points NOT property. He brought out pages of the contract that required our initials and signatures NOT the entire contract. ** then brought us copies of the Membership agreement which were 2 pages long and the term and condition that was also 2 pages long in a Club Wyndham bag and then we all left.

On 7/23/19 my wife called ** inquiring about the 300,000 points and how to go about canceling the purchase. He told her he does not know about the 300,000 points; he was only the recruiter and NOT a Club Wyndham representative/salesman. ** told my wife she should call Club Wyndham to find out about any issues/cancellations we may need to do. She then called Club Wyndham customer service on 7/23/19 to see if we can stop further payments, cancel the offer and get our money back. She was told by Club Wyndham customer service if you wanted to cancel even after all payments were made we will still NOT get the money back. She then told Club Wyndham customer service that ** said if we did NOT use the 300,000 points and we had made a few payments that we were able to cancel and get back the money we paid so far.

She told Club Wyndham customer service that ** never mentioned to us that we will never get our money back should we decide to cancel. She then said our understanding based on the conversation with ** was that we have 2 years in which to use the 300,000 points, if we did NOT, we would get all our money back which we had already paid. We believed ** when he said that we have 2 years to use the 300,000 points and we trusted him since he represents Wyndham. My wife was then transferred to **, a representative from Wyndham Vacation Clubs, ** title Owner Care Specialist from 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, FL 32821, office: 800-251-8736, fax: 407-626-6328 ** case #**, she told him about the 3/28/19 meeting at Club Wyndham, Bonnet Creek and we sent him an email on 6/23/19 which he requested about our encounter with Mr. **.

After learning from customer service that we would not be refunded like we were told by ** we decided to call the Vacation Club Credit Account Company on 7/23/19. We spoke to Keiva ID# **. We related to her exactly what we were told by ** a representative of Club Wyndham, Bonnet Creek Orlando, FL. She then told us that this is not uncommon for customers wanting to cancel their purchase after a few MONTHS but, the Vacation club Credit Account Company will have to get permission from Club Wyndham to issue us a refund.

On 6/23/19 my wife sent an email to ** about our conversation with Keiva, from the Vacation Club Credit Account Company and the details of our meeting at Bonnet Creek in Florida. Then on 6/30/19, seven (7) days later, ** responded to say thanks for sending the statement about our 3/28/19 meeting at the Bonnet Creek location in Orlando FL and the credit account company. On 6/30/19 my wife sent a follow up email inquiring what the status of our case is and what the next step(s) would be. ** did not respond. On 6/30/19 my wife sent him another email to check the status of our case and to ask why is this process taking so long, even simply responding as to what is the status of our case, he never responded.

Again, on 8/1/19 my wife sent him an email to check the status of our case, giving Club Wyndham a chance to fix this misrepresentation and misinformation by their representative to proceed with our request to cancel. Again, he did not respond. Then on 8/2/19 ** responded by saying he was confused with the info we sent in my emails.

On 8/2/19 my wife requested for him to call her if he needs any further information or clarification about what transpired in our meeting with the Club Wyndham representative in Orlando, Florida to be explained over the phone. He never called. On 8/4/19 my wife told him via e-mail that this was taking an emotional toll on us and we really want to know what the status of our case is, again, he did not responded. At this point it is as though they are delaying, dragging their feet and prolonging the matter. On 8/5/19 my wife sent him another email to call her, he did not responded. On 8/6/19 my wife sent ** an email asking him why he has not called; he then called as soon as she sent that email.

During the phone call, ** said the conversation was being recorded. He told my wife it was just our word and it was not documented and that Wyndham will NOT refund our money. She then told ** she noticed the “Perks by Club Wyndham Membership Agreement” was NOT signed by the Wyndham representative/sponsor and under the first paragraph of the document with heading “Club Wyndham Discovery Vacations by Wyndham Membership Terms and Conditions” it states that “The agreement, when signed by the Member and a Perks by Wyndham representative, will form a legally binding contract between the Member and Wyndham Vacation Resorts, Inc.” Furthermore, on the same document, item/term number seven (7) “Effective Date and Activation” states that “This Agreement becomes effective when it is signed by the Member and the Sponsor’s Perks by Club Wyndham Representative.”

The documents given to us were never signed by the Wyndham sponsor/representative, **. Hence, that makes the contract voidable, as stated in the contract itself. ** then told my wife to read off the membership agreement to him, she did and he said on the membership agreement he has in front of him it does not correspond with what I read. We have a 2 page membership agreement and the 2 page terms and consideration. ** then told us it is not a 2 page membership agreement and it consists of several pages and ** did sign those that he has. She then proceeded to inquire from **, as to why we never saw any ** signature pages on Membership Agreement and we never received those pages with his signature on the Membership Agreement in any form. ** said he will send it to us.

On 8/9/19 my wife sent ** an email to confirm whether or not the signature pages agreement were sent to us, ** did not responded to that email. On 08/10/19 she then sent him another email informing ** that we had not received the Membership Agreement which had the signature pages. So, she sent another email to ** and made a 2nd request for the signed Membership Agreement to be sent to us. It has been 3 days and we have NOT received a copy of the agreement. We finally received the signed agreement on 8/12/19 which was signed by ** and we never received a copy of that final agreement from 3/28/19 that came today 08/12/19, neither by postage or email.

Only after we posted a review on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) then the agreement was mailed to us on 8/9/19. On 8/12/19 **, Owner Care Senior Case Specialist, Club Wyndham 6277 Sea Harbor Drive, Orlando, Fl 32821, office: 1(800)-446-1466 ext **, fax: (407) 626-6328 ** (this call was being recorded) called to say that ** finished up signing the agreement on 3/28/19 later and NOT in our presence. So, now ** has taken over the case and said it will take another two (2) weeks or more before she can actually give us a definitive answer and during our conversation, to my understanding, she will basically be doing the same things ** did. It is extremely frustrating and emotionally stressful on us to have to go through this.

So, here we have a case whereby Club Wyndham has received all of its money from the Credit Account Company with the six (6) months no interest with payment plan and which we have to continue paying while they conduct an investigation. In the meantime there is no indication whether or not we will be refunded. We are stuck with an incomplete contract that’s missing Club Wyndham representative signatures in a classic case of us against them. Club Wyndham is not interested in the documents we have, only the ones they have, because it favors them. The representatives of Club Wyndham are like vultures when they are trying to sell customers these vacation packages.

What is even worse is that, should a customer decide not to buy their vacation packages they become overly aggressive, insulting and make offensive remarks towards the customers. It is as though the customers owe them and not the other way around. At the end of the day, customers are the most important part of any business for it to be successful. Most of the time business and organizations tend to lose sight of that and forget who is truly responsible for their profits they enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to read about our experience at Club Wyndham Orlando Florida. Please be aware of their recruiters at popular sites such as the giant Ferris Wheel and Aquarium and where there are posted signs that reads first time visitors.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2019

There's a lot of negative reviews about this company. But since I became a silver owner with club Wyndham access in 2014, we have been on several vacations and had no problems booking anything except Ocean City, Maryland lol. I have 435,000 points and was able to book vacations (14 different ones and two more coming up) for family and friends. From 1 bedroom to presidential suites. Midtown Manhattan to the US Virgin Islands. Yes the sale representatives are pushy and annoying so I avoid their "breakfast or lunch" meetings. And YES it is expensive so I wouldn't necessarily suggest anyone to become a member unless they can afford it. But I think depending on your membership level you might have more difficulties with bookings. My level allows bookings 13 to 10 months prior so if your booking window is less, that's probably where the problem occurs.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

They promise you the world. It sounds so good and once they sign you up you get nothing. I tried to book a vacation 6 months in advance to Florida and they said, "No vacancies. Try somewhere else." All they do is keep calling you to buy more shares. Any way to get more money from you, that is all they care about. Stay away.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2019

Don't ever, ever, ever buy a timeshare from Wyndham Resorts. Their salespeople, down to their customer service representatives lie and mislead you. They tell you half-truths and are very BIG liars. I can't tell you how many of their salespeople have looked me right in the eyes and lied to me. Don't ever go to one of their sales pitches. The devil is alive and real.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

DO NOT BOOK THROUGH KAISER REALTY/WYNDHAM. We booked a vacation on Orange Beach through Wyndham Vacations and Kaiser Realty. Our stay was at Sunset Bungalow on Mariner circle on (across the street) from Orange Beach. We paid $3500 for the week July 13-July 20. 5 bedroom 3 bath home not directly on the beach but we knew that. There were 10 of us staying there. When we first arrived we went to the Kaiser office to pick up the keys and were told that we wouldn’t get them for a while because the previous tenants had left it a mess and they wanted to make sure it was really clean for us. We got the keys and when we pulled up we were excited about the house. Looked nice in a nice gated community.

However, as we went through inspecting things here is what we found. The refrigerator smelled like dead seafood. It took 2 scrubbings with Pine Sol and leaving the doors open to dry out to half way get the smell out. We always check the beds wherever we stay. The first comforter pulled back had a big spot of blood on it. GROSS!! There was also blood on the bedroom closet walls. Disgusting. The next room we walked into had paper trash on the floor next in front of the night stand along with a dirty towel. There was sand in the bed so it was obvious the sheets had not been changed. The pillow cases were stained with makeup. We stripped all the beds and washed the linens. The next morning we went to sit out on the deck and 3 of the rockers were broken but set up so you couldn’t tell until you sat in them.

There was a bucket of nasty cigarette butts sitting by the front door. None of us smoke. The decor (pictures etc.) were disgustingly dirty. The rugs in both bathrooms were just trashed, old stained and worn out. The carpet in the master was stained and dirty. My feet were black after walking around for about an hour. The communication with Kaiser and Wyndham was awful. We made our first call and email Saturday evening and no response until Monday afternoon. No one would return my call or emails so I called the listing agent who had the property for sale to try to find a contact. (Kaiser Realty asked to let them show the property on the first day we were there. NO way were we going to drag our whole family away in the middle of the afternoon).

I haven’t even gotten to the run around I got from Kaiser or any of the people at their office about getting a Wyndham representative from corporate. They kept giving people in their office. I finally spoke to the rudest individual in customer service Tammy **. She was so nasty I put her on speaker for those with me to hear. Well I could go on and on and on. My husband and I used to travel a lot. I am disabled and my husband is retired and we aren’t wealthy people. This was our first family vacation with our grandchildren and children. It took a year to save for it only to be disappointed that this was our experience.

I was told I would be refunded the cleaning and linen fee. (Patti offered to send someone over on Monday to clean, I told her we had already cleaned even pulled the refrigerator out and cleaned under it to make sure there wasn’t anything living under it. I was not satisfied with being told basically too bad that’s our policy. I was told I’d be refunded $97 plus tax on July 18 by Patti ** (sp?) from the cleaning company. She said it would take 5-10 days. Well yesterday was the eleventh day so I emailed her and she said there was a paper I had to sign and they would send it to me. I told her I was confused because she told me she requested the refund on July 18.

She wrote back and said the refund would be coming today from Marshia **. Only after I told her I was expecting a return call back from Wyndham customer care did I get the money put directly in my acct. One other issue was I talked to Kimmie ** in customer relations who was very very nice and took all the info and said she would forward it to the upper management. On Thursday and someone would contact me and if I didn’t hear anything by Monday to call her back. I called Monday and she was off. I left a message with a representative for her to call me along with my email address. When I didn’t hear back from her by 7 pm Tuesday I called her and she said she was sorry no one contacted me about this and she would take the appropriate steps to make sure this is resolved.

She contacted someone named Ann with Kaiser and gave her all the information. I did not hear anything from “Anne.” She contacted Kimi back about the situation basically saying they refunded the cleaning fee. Yes I got 107 back from them but that does not compensate me and my family for all the work, frustration and we did not get what we paid for. I think I should be refunded the first night rent. Because we stayed up cleaning until midnight. I am attaching pictures of the house as we found it.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Just got home from Williamsburg VA. We bought a week in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit from eBay for $599. We did the same thing last year in Daytona Beach and everything went great. This year, we were talked into doing the free lunch and "gift". Let me go back and say that we tried a "trial" timeshare with Fairfield Resorts in 2003. We could never make a reservation and got the constant runaround of excuses. Every time we talked to a manager, they threw more trial points at us. We started with 138,000 and at the end of 2 years gave back over 200,000 after taking 3 hard-earned trips.

We went into the presentation open-minded and openly expressed our previous problems with Fairfield. The presenter "Leon" constantly assured us that Wyndham was nothing like Fairfield was. He and another "inventory manager" said repeatedly that Fairfield was long gone and Wyndham was the new and improved top of the line timeshare company. What they didn't realize is the chair the "manager" sat in has the old Fairfield logo on it. I guess it was kept for nostalgia or they are too cheap to throw out all the Fairfield branded items. Because of our previous concerns and the constant reminder literally looking us in the face, we declined (numerous times) and took our free gift and left.

Overall, the Williamsburg resort is beautiful. They always have activities for the kids and staff is awesome. Our only problem with their Daytona resort is it has too few elevators. If you have to get to an upper floor at 4pm or when the pool closes for the daily thunderstorm, expect it to take at least an hour. Do yourself a favor and look for deals on eBay. You can get a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen at any resort for less than a week at a typical hotel (2 queen beds and a dresser with a coffee maker).

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

This is our story with Wyndham. It was a relief speaking with someone in the Owners Care last Monday the 6th of May (after I left messages and calls at the Sale office at the Legacy Golf Resort. Phoenix, AZ only till Friday 3rd of May they call me back) and she tells me she is going to email me with her details? But no email from nobody in the Wyndham cares? (She didn't give me her name and I forgot to ask for. I was not feeling well that day.) Here is our information about the event. On the 23rd of April Ower Care request from us and I was going to email it but I didn't receive any email I am still waiting....???

We arrived at Legacy Golf Resort, Phoenix, Arizona from Seattle, WA on the 22nd of April. At the reception the staff was very nice and friendly we check in after we were referred to an assistant that she invited us to a free presentation for only 90 minutes of The Wyndham Vacation Destinations for the next day at 12 noon and if we go the was a gift price we can choose: one it was $120 America express check/cash or 4 free night at any location and date. We say YES! we love gifts!

On that day on Tuesday, 23rd of April 2019 we meet our sales representative. She was our salesperson who presents and introduce The Wyndham Vacation Destinations presentation. (For 90 minutes. Went for 5 hours.) She was very nice and professional. We were very impressed for all the value and the perks you get when you becoming an owner: like if we don't use all our points for that year we can roll over for the next year or other years and we can use it with our business Health Sleep Retreat and book any time anywhere in world and different locations.

We explained to our sales representative our situation, that we love travelling and we were living in London, UK for the last 17 years and we move 3 years ago to look after my husband older parents with poor health and we may need to help them financially for home care or become full time caregivers. During the week we were travelling social worker and home care coming to the house to do some assignments on how much their insurance can cover for them? (We didn't know till we come home from our travel the following week late on 30th/April.)

We said to our sales representative also, we don't have credit since we move back to the States and we were working hard to get our business up and running and no income coming yet. And we're travelling to Phoenix from Seattle for a conference with The Health Coach Institute for that week. And our sales representative asked what business do we have? And we said is in the wellness Health Coach focused on Sleep and we want also have Health and Sleep Retreats in beautiful places like Bali, Spain, Greek and Brasil. And is when another sales representative come to our table and said he was the financial expert and he can help himself to listen to our conversation with our sales representative and he asks she if she was ok to let him explain to us how much money we can save in the next 30 years!

They said we can use Wyndham Vacation Destinations for our business is ideal for Retreats because they have places in these locations we love to have our Sleep Retreats. The other sales representative makes some calculations vs paying for normal hotels and Wyndham and at that moment make sense how much you save if we have 30 years. After he a very enthusiastic sale presentation. Our sales representative shows us one-bedroom accommodation after back at the office and she introduced to her manager that day, All of us went to another room where was a big screen tv and start showing us all the places we want for our Health Retreats.

The manager asked us if he can check our credit to see if we can qualify? We explained to him what we said before to our sales representative about our situation. (See above.) He goes out of the room and in a few minutes came back saying my husband has a good credit rating! We said, "Great news, but our situation we don't know if we can afford now." The manager said, "We can give you a good deal but is only for today and you may not have another deal like this. Is only today! And don't worry if you have financial difficulties we are here to help you and you can call us any time for help and assistance!" (That is not been our case. I been calling nobody seems to help or listen???)

A moment later the enthusiastic salesperson comes to the room and explains to us that we have 6 months 0% interest before paying the high interest and we can shop around for better deals to pay the loan. We said we need time to think and the manager, our sales representative and other sales representative they said, of course, they left the room. But less than 5 minutes our sales representative and the other sales representative come to the room to ensure and remained us this amazing deal about all the benefits and perks if we buy and sing today. And we said to them again, "Need to talk between us first, please" and they left the room.

Less than 5 minutes the manager comes to the room again saying if this is because the finances we are worried about it? They are here to help!!! We said, "That is a relief. But we don't know if we can afford right now" and he says, "We are here to help!" The manager said, "I am going to give you a great discount. Instead of paying $32,000 - $12,500 discount and we only pay $19,500 (point of 126,00 a year) plus bonus points of 48,000 for two years." He said, "This deal we don't give it to anyone. This price is for employees only. This is our only chance to get this deal is today!" And the enthusiastic sales representative comes to the room and looks at the deal the manager was given to us and said "OMG in the 5 years I been working I never see this deal before. I pay this price for myself. Wow."

And we say, "Yes, ok sounds very good!" Little that we know. Tired, overwhelmed and foggy with too much information and no time to think one moment alone. We move to another room where all the papers. And is where we meet the sales quality assurance at Legacy Golf Resort she was very professional and friendly. Introduce herself and we also introduce ourself and we said, "Hope your colleagues tell you about our situation" and also that we are travelling for business for that week.

She said yes she was informed about our situation, very small talk and go right to business. She talks very fast and goes through the papers very fast. No time to think, she never mention we have to read carefully these documents before we sign and she never mention also that we have only 7 days to change our mind? Why she didn't mention this important information? This is her job! After been there for 5 hours we were very tired, overwhelmed and foggy with too much information and no time to think one moment alone with my husband. Lots of pressure without release this is happening. We sign the papers.

During our travel, we were very busy with conference HCI and arrive late on 30th/April to home close to Seattle meeting with social care, social workers, nurses and physical therapist. No time to read these documents. We become full time Caregivers and our business stop for this situation and no income! This is when I have the chance to read. Very quick I notice in the document say in bold: READ CAREFULLY THIS DOCUMENTS BEFORE SIGN. Why Channon didn't tell us to do it? Why??? And: You have 7 days from the day you sign. Why she didn't tell us? Why??? This is how this company do business?? No regards for people's circumstances. Only SALE, SALE NO MATTER WHAT??

I right away call sales representative. Left several message till Friday 3rd/May. Spoke with Channon and that she will try to help us but no warranty, and she will call me back the next day. Next day Saturday 4th/May no calls. I call again the sale quality assurance at Legacy Golf Resort. I left a message on Saturday and she calls me on Sunday 5th/May the only she said was she can't help us then I have to call Owners Care at 800 251 8736 number. I call Monday 6th/May this it was all automating answering, no real person.

I call back the Phoenix office and is when I spoke with a really nice person. I am very sorry I didn't take his name. He was the manager for Monday the 6th/May at that office. He spoke with someone to help me to resolve this situation and he transfer my call to Owners Care and are where I spoke one of the assistance/employee that person she tells me that she will email me with her name and email details? NO email from nobody?? (She didn't give her name and I forgot to ask for. I was not feeling well.)

Is now a week and I been calling 8 times. Spoke with 4 different people that transfer me to different departments and no one seems to help?? And left 2 voice mail. This numbers I call today Monday 13th of May 2019: 3 calls at (800) 251-8736. 4 calls at (407) 967-4717. 1 left message (602) 305-5568. 1 left message (602) 618-6116. No answers, no calls, no help???

After so many, many, many, many emails and calls to owner care since April till 1st of August when I finally I spoke with a senior care specialist she said she can't help us to cancel the agreement. She didn't consider our emotional stress or financial situation and is our fault and responsibility to sign the documents and the bills will come and if we don't pay is go to collectors! And I say to her, "Can you give us another solution? We are full time caregivers and no income? Can you please help us?" And she "says NO". And I say to her: "clearly a dishonest and unethical practice. We thought Wyndham was an upstanding, forthright company with ethical values, but clearly, they are willing to mislead customers simply to get the sale." We are seeking for help! We know we have rights as consumers!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

The employees who work at the resorts taking care of the customers are excellent. Those taking the calls for exchanges are also excellent. However, Wyndham CEO Michael Brown condones, and thus encourages, the timeshare sales’ representatives to both deceive customers and lie to customers. Wyndham Destinations Core Values: WRITTEN FICTION: REALITY. A. Act with Integrity: DECEIVE the Customers. B. Respect Everyone: LIE to the Customers. C. Improve our Customer’s Lives: Do Whatever it takes to make the sale and screw the towner.

I can't accuse the CEO and his Timeshare Sales Reps as being corrupt as that would insinuate that they are doing such things as taking bribes. However, words such as deceitful, unethical, liar, dishonorable, devious, immoral, unprofessional, improper, unworthy, shady, crooked, etc. certainly apply to the leadership of Wyndham Destinations and all of its employees associated with the Timeshare Sales Group no matter what timeshare location you visit.

Whatever they tell you is at least borderline false, if not a flat out lie. If you decide to actually buy a timeshare from WD, you better bring an attorney and make sure that every word is read. In my case, they either accidentally or intentionally left out a key page in the 70 page document provided to me. They said they were recording the document signing process but somehow can't find the recording. I own other timeshares and have never been treated as dishonestly as Wyndham Destinations has treated me. My advice; you're better off buying anywhere else. As matter of fact, you would get more value owning a porta-john in a swamp than you would be having to deal with this dishonest unethical company. Remember, "a fish rots at the head first." Very applicable to Wyndham Destinations.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I recently stayed at a Wyndham hotel on a business trip. A couple weeks later I get a call from a Wyndham salesman telling me about a great offer in a timeshare. I thanked him for the offer and told him I wasn't interested (I'm not the type to just hang up on people). After about 7 more times of telling him I wasn't interested, the conversation turned to a yelling match until he finally hung up on me. I will not be staying at any more Wyndham hotels.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

While drinking at our local harbor walk, we were approached by a sales rep. Offering one free week vacation if we attended a presentation. We went to the meeting (with drinks in hand). Davin (sales rep) asked if we had alcohol, to which we said yes. He proceeded to say we should say we had not been if anyone asks, and he disregarded what we said. Many times, throughout the presentation he showed us how we can take multiple vacations by buying the minimal point value. Towards the end of the presentation they pitched the "Black Friday Deal" and we could only do it then and not later on. They also offered us a free tablet. We were told we would be able to pass it on to our children and after once it was paid off it would be like vacationing for free.

Moving forward to present day, we have not been able to go on one single trip. Every single time we are on the phone we wait for more than an hour to speak with someone who can’t even help us. We are tired of being told we don't have the right package or there is nothing available. When we purchased this, we were told we could go anywhere at any time! Maintenance fees have only gone up when we were told they would stay the same! We have a baby on the way and paying for something we can’t even use is ridiculous! Why would we want to bring a baby into this world if we have to worry about this timeshare that has only brought stress on us. We are done using it (actually haven’t even used it one single time) and won’t even try anymore. We want out and our lives back!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

We purchased this timeshare because of the promise of increased ability to vacation with our kids or even get away alone every once now and then. It's been absolutely the opposite. It's impossible to navigate the system, dates are always blocked out through the owner site but available on public sites, membership doesn't even cover vacation so you have to upgrade to get any use out of it, and the customer service provided is abysmal. We regret this purchase so much and wish there was a way out of it.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I've never experienced ANYTHING like this before, and it's hard to believe that this company operates legally. EVERYTHING they tell you is a lie, and they twist the lies to make it seem like a smart investment. I should have known better after a "30-minute meeting" kept me there for 4+ hours. To make matters worse, I asked to go to my room to get my credit card, and they FOLLOWED ME TO MY ROOM! It's creepy and very inappropriate. At the time I thought they were providing great customer service, but come to find out they wanted to make sure I didn't get away before signing my life away.

I've even attended "update" meetings under the understanding my questions and concerns would be answered. Instead, they just try and sell you more points. I have concerns that aren't being addressed, why on earth would I upgrade to more points?! They also did an unauthorized hard-hit on my credit, after I specifically asked them not to. I have been taken advantage of and lied to. The list goes on and on about why this timeshare is the worst decision I've ever made. The way they lie to people and prey on them is inappropriate and should be illegal.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I originally purchased a vacation package at one of their resorts (Myrtle Beach) for a wedding I was attending. The wedding was canceled. I did have the option to rebook at a different Wyndham timeshare resort but every time I inquired either the Wyndham timeshare resort I was inquiring about wasn’t in their inventory (Daytona Beach, how can it not be, it a Wyndham timeshare resort?) or they didn’t have one in the location I was inquiring about (Boston or another time I asked if they had anywhere available in Colorado or Wyoming), or they did such as Chicago but it all booked. Just a complete waste of time and money with no option for a refund.

Original review: July 22, 2019

When I was manipulated into purchasing my timeshare on October 2, 2018, I initially told the Wyndham representative that I was not interested but my friend was. I told my friend that I would go to the presentation with her, but again, I wasn't interested in purchasing anything. While we were walking to the property, the young man told us to make sure that one of us makes $60,000 per year in order to qualify FOR A FREE VACATION. Well, my friend is on disability pay and makes nowhere near that, so the young man looked at me. I told him that I was not interested, but I also don't make $60,000 per year. He then told us to just write down $60,000 anyways because Wyndham never checks that, and he wanted us to get our FREE VACATION.

Well long story short, I ended up purchasing a timeshare instead of my friend. Now that I have investigated this, I found out that the $60,000 per year was not for the FREE VACATION, it was to qualify TO PURCHASE THE TIMESHARE. I have attached my 2017 Income Tax Statement and the Terms and Conditions to qualify to purchase a Wyndham timeshare. I would like you to investigate this and let me know the steps I need to take to get this cancelled with a full refund. Thank you, Amy **

Original review: July 22, 2019

While in Las Vegas in 5/2017 we walking into our hotel looking for the front desk and a guy who looked like a bellhop approached us saying he could take us to the front desk. He actually ended up taking us to a Wyndham booth. We did not care about that because we literally just got there. They persuaded to listen with 2 free show tickets and a free lunch the next day. The next day we went down to the lobby for the lunch and ended up having to take a ride in a bus with other people to a different location. When we arrived it was a presentation for Wyndham. First thing the "lunch" was actually a snack. We sat through a 30 min presentation and after spent the next 4 hours talking to many different representatives. We wanted to leave but we couldn't because we rode with other people in the bus. Ms. Jensine ** was our sales rep and very pushy and wouldn’t take no for an answer. We couldn’t wait to get out of there!

By the time we got back to the hotel we felt so tired and out of it. Going over the paperwork when we got home, we see that you can’t have a pet with you when we specifically told Jensine that would be the only way we could sign on. She said, “You could bring your pet with you.” Lies. On top of it we have only been able to take one trip because we can never book anything!! We absolutely do not like this decision we made and wish we would have never gone to that “lunch."

Original review: July 19, 2019

We bought this timeshare in Las Vegas, June 2014. We were persuaded to attend a presentation and receive free gifts and a free Helicopter tour. They told us they would provide us transportation and it would only take 45 min to do it. When we got to the presentation, we ate some snacks while a sales rep, spoke very fast to everyone. They stated the whole time how it was such "a great investment" and "would never deteriorate". The maintenance fees were never mentioned at all in the presentation! They told us we would be able to book anywhere, anytime and never have any issues booking.

This "investment" has been the worst decision we have made! We don't want this being passed onto our kids either! We spoke with Wendy **. She stated she was brand new with Wyndham, but knew it was a great "investment". She couldn't answer one of our questions. She noticed we were getting frustrated, so she excused herself from the table and brought Dave ** to the table. He was so good at his job (lying) that he convinced us of this "investment" we went for it. He went and checked if our credit could be approved. He came back and stated we were but come to find out he signed us up for a loan through PayPal and never asked us for permission to do it! He was so convincing that we felt blindsided. We waited for 5 hours for the paperwork and contract to be printed. We just wanted to leave and forget it happened. This has been nothing but a burden for our family and wish we could take that day back.

Original review: July 19, 2019

So here's the deal. I'm very familiar with Wyndham Vacation Presentations. I honestly sign up once a year to get the deal on 3 nights 4 days for $2-$3 hundred just to sit through a presentation and then get a cash card for $2 hundred. It's an easy way to take a family vacation for really cheap. Now, I know to continuously say no over and over again or sometimes I tell the presenter "look I'm going to tell you upfront don't put your best sales pitch because I'm going to say no and not buy" and usually the presenters are cool and don't push too hard. Look everyone, I'm laid back, super cool, nonjudgmental, and really chill. I really like people and I give off chill vibes. Presenters sense that and pick up on it so it's me being usually in and out when it comes to the presentations, and I can then enjoy the rest of my vacation.

But this summer the "whoever" that comes in after the presenter is told no and that "whoever" tries to see if they have a chance to sell me. Well, after my presenter was told no, this heavy set ** half baldheaded guy comes in and says "okay here's what you're buying." I'm like "huh, um excuse me, but sir I'm not buying anything."

Wait wait. I forgot one part. So let me backup. So at the very beginning of the presentation this same fat overweight bald headed ** dude like interrupts my presenter by coming over and introducing himself and tries to give a quick sales pitch. After he walks off me and my daughter were like that was rude. I asked the presenter, "You okay with ol' boy just interrupting your sales pitch." The presenter, a young liberal ** kid, was like "oh he just making sure I'm doing my job." I'm like "Whatever bro. That was rude and a bit startling." Like seriously dude just came out of nowhere, but whatever. I didn't think much of it (at the time).

Okay so back to my complaint. So yea, when my presenter is done he's sitting there really quiet and the fat ** guy is like "oh you're buying this today." I'm being super chill but stern "no sir I'm not." He says very militant-like (like I'm a child) and I'm dead serious, "yes you are." I"m flabbergasted and my heart starts racing. I'm let him go through his spiel and as he is doing so I look at the young ** kid and he looks at me and he gives me the I'm so sorry look. But yea I stick w/ my guns and I keep saying no. The fat guy finally says, "Why?"

Now I later that evening when I returned to the hotel I talked to the Wyndham Rep there and told her the whole story and she says what people don't realize is that at any time in the presentation if they feel the presenters are being aggressive and making them uncomfortable we have the right to say, "No thank you" and leave. Yes we can get our tickets or free whatever it is but as long as we sign the paper declining the offer. We can even ask for the manager on site. But if you get up and just leave without signing the papers you don't get the free whatever and you can be charged the full costs for the hotel. So sign the papers declining and ask for a copy of it. Yes you can do all that.

Okay back to the story. So the fat bald headed ** guy says, "Why?" I give him some b.s. answer and sign the papers. Now this bald headed ** guy gets really mad and upset that I'm saying no. Look I don't care at that point so I leave and get my $2 hundred cash card. The next day when I was sitting on the beach to one of the guests told me that they were there on a Wyndham Vacation Package and had the same fat ** guy interrupt them during their presentation and give the same spiel about how he was military and blah blah blah, however, he wasn't aggressive with them but they did said he was annoying and came off like a **. Will I do this again. ABSOLUTELY I SURE I WILL but now I know if the presenter is becoming aggressive and too pushy I can demand to sign the papers declining the offer and just leave and also ask to speak to the manager on site.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We were staying in Las Vegas during Christmas last year. There was a Wyndham booth to where they were giving away free play, dinner, and free breakfast buffet only if we went to tour a property. We agreed and it was scheduled for Christmas Eve day. We decided it seemed legit, so we went ahead and checked it out. When we got there, they took our license and personal information. They went on with the presentation. They went over payments. There were other people there too and they looked to be signing up, so we were pressured to do the same. Not to mention this presentation lasted over 5 hours! On our way home from the trip we did the math and went over everything and realized we had been scammed. You can't even book in advance! We wish we never made this mistake and do not recommend this company to anyone. They only tell you lies.

Original review: July 18, 2019

We sat through a presentation and should have never let them open two credit cards for us, then immediately put charges on them. We should have walked out. No, we should have RUN away, because they made it personal and played on my emotions. (Slick, they speak only to the weaker of the couple.) We tried to cancel three times right after we purchased, but Wyndham refused to cancel, insisting we take a vacation, first. This was a ploy to get us passed our rescission period on the contract, which was initially glossed over, mentioned in a whisper. They told us our points would always be accumulating. However, from online research, the points lose value and the resorts go up in cost of points! They leave that out!

It’s difficult to schedule reservations. We were told there were no blackout dates, yet, the one time we wanted to go, it was booked. No one can give me any straight answers, just that we signed the papers. (Yes, I know.) Wyndham, also, never told us the maintenance fees will perpetually increase, every year, even though they told us fees had not gone up in years. Again, they leave that out! Now we are stuck with increasing maintenance fees and a high interest “mortgage”. Trying to convince them that we want out of the contract is very stressful. Wyndham looks at us as money, and not people who have lives. Illnesses and pay cuts at our jobs don’t matter. They are cold and unwilling to release us from this huge, monetary burden. Stay away from Wyndham Timeshares!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information