2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Feb. 21, 2019

My husband and I attended a presentation on November 6, 2018, while on our honeymoon in Las Vegas. The presentation got us thinking that what they said made sense. We want to travel more and thought this would afford us those opportunities. Our salesman David, appeared nice enough and was helpful during our discussion. We advised him that we couldn't afford to purchase right now but would think about it for the future. He pushed and pressured us into different ways we could finance the purchase that day.

Reluctantly, we purchased and made the biggest mistake of our lives. All the information provided to us during our sales pitch was a complete lie! We did not realize this until we returned home and began receiving information from Wyndham. I immediately contacted our salesman and the quality assurance manager, who both told me there was nothing I could do but suggested I contact the main office in Orlando. I contact them immediately to have our case reviewed to get out of our contract. Today, February 20, 2019, 4 months later! They tell me I'm stuck with it but because of all the hassle they'll pay my maintenance fees for the year. I want nothing to do with this company and want to sell. I will be researching resale.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Came to a hotel on vacation and was told we had to come and get our “welcome package”. Ultimately we agreed to do a two hour timeshare consultation to get points towards free nights at a hotel and for some tickets. I’ll point out the pros first and then the cons. A free mediocre lunch. The speaker was pretty funny so it was somewhat entertaining. Our rep was very friendly.

Cons: We were told it was two hours but it ended up being three hours (vacation time is precious). They said there was no pressure and that you didn’t have to buy but then they try to force multiple options on you. After speaking with our one on one rep another person came over with the “offers”. They had no personality and seemed to get more and more angry when the answer remained no. Every time they were given a logical answer they tried to make a rebuttal, down to the point where they made it seem like I would ruin my kids' childhood memories because I was saying no. At this point I was completely done listening and I’m completely offended.

Ultimately they made everything look great; to the point where you really want to consider it but they give you no time to think it over and demand an answer on the spot. When you say no they bring out other options at a prorated amount with less days. This continues over a 20 minute period. Then they bring over another person with the survey and they try to sell you a final attempt package. After explaining my extremely logical and level headed reasons like a broken record, we were finally able to collect our points and tickets and leave.

Overall it went from a pretty good presentation to the feeling of unnecessary urgency... If they had given us time to think and research...they probably would have sold us. But when someone pushes something and doesn’t want you to think about it...it makes you think that they don’t believe in their offers and makes the place less appealing because they know you’re not going to like what you research.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

Need help! Was in Las Vegas December 2018. Have been a owner for over 10 years. Long story short was fed lies and deceptions in order to sell me more points. Have written statement from a friend sitting with me during sales pitch and my sister over the phone (also a account owner). Was told I had $22K in "assessment fees" that will HAVE TO GET PAID. Turns out they used that line among other to deceive me into buying more points. Has anyone else received these lies? I need help!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

In December 2018 I was in Orlando Universal Studio. A sales offered 7 nights at Margarita Villa in Puerto Rico for listening 1 hour presentation. Attended presentation and it was not appealing and I am already Hilton vacation owner. I rejected offer. A person came to take feedback. Said he is senior and wanted to take feedback and wanted us to consider another offer. 400,000 points without any commitment. Most attractive feature is it can be cancelled and you can make monthly payment as low as 60 dollars but should be completed before months. In that 24 months you can cancel at anytime as far as you have not started using the points. Since it can be cancelled at any time we bought it.

They bring contract papers one by one. First page itself I observed a discrepancy. Discrepancy was, sales person told us you can use this package even without paying one installment and once you use promotion you can pay it off in 24 months or before contract ends. But in the contract it was written that 1450 had to be paid minimum to activate promotional package. When we enquired about it he said you can mark it as not applicable. This is how they gain confidence and he brought last page where cancellation policy is written just before we left and got our signature. It was a catch and it says within 10 Days we have to cancel.

After vacation many few weeks later since I didn’t make payment and wanted to know how I make payment I called customer service then I got all information about cheating, mind game cheating. Cheating number 1 - cancellation is not for 24 months. It should be done within 10 days contractually. Cheating number 2 - entire amount 3800 dollars to be paid within 6 months or else they will charge interest rate for the whole amount. Please beware with this company.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I recently booked a Wyndham hotel for one week through a 3rd party. (Hey, I like to save money!) Upon checkout from the hotel I asked the office personnel to please add the Wyndham Reward points onto my account. Their response was that I didn't qualify due to the fact that I booked my stay through a third party! So either you book directly through the hotel, pay full price and receive Wyndham points, or book through a 3rd party as save money from the get-go! It's no brainer!

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I rented a cabin called Nature's Paradise in December 2018. The cabin was supposed to be ready for a 4pm check in time but was not ready until 6pm. We were told that the linen had to be changed however the maids had not cleaned the unit at all. When we finally go in at 6pm we still could not enter because the floor were all wet from the recent mopping. After checking in we had to call twice regarding the heater. The temperature in the unit was in the 40s and going down instead of going up.

Finally at 11pm a A/C repairmen was sent out and he had to replace a part. We continually complained about the inoperable hot tub. The motor needed to be replaced. The hot tub vibrated the whole cabin. The noise was so loud we could not even sleep at night. The agency made a small compensation for their shortcomings however was not nearly enough for our inconvenience. The bottom line is that the heater & hot tub never did work properly. These mechanical items should have been inspected prior to anyone renting this unit. I will never do any business with Wyndham Vacation Rentals again!!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

We were approached by a friendly man at our hotel who asked us what we were in town (Las Vegas) for. When we told him, he wanted to give us a “gift” so he called over to the lady at the desk “Let’s give these two some tickets for a show.” So I’m on the hook... We hesitantly agree to a 2 hr 9am breakfast presentation and are assured it’s no pressure and “hey you get free breakfast and 5 show tickets.” We arrive shortly before 9 and check-in. They assign you a one on one salesman who acts like your best friend and tries to subtly dig into your personal life. Breakfast was cheap and portioned out for you - scrambled eggs, greasy potatoes, 2 sausage links, coffee or water.

The presenter was personable (former longtime bartender) and focused his spiel on - spend time with your family, don’t work too much, life is short, tomorrow’s never promised, blah blah blah. Anyways at this point it’s 10:30am and nobody has gotten to the point yet. You know - the $$$. We try to politely prod our sales rep to get to the point and drop the salesman tactics but he can’t. We originally agreed to touring the property Wyndham has in Vegas as part of our 2 hour presentation but at 10:49 with only 11 minutes left before our 2 hours was up we flat out refused.

That’s when our sales rep became a jerk, snide comments, tried to tell us we weren’t getting our tickets because we have to go to the resort, that we were late (not true) and the presentation didn’t start until almost 9:30 (not our problem). He also told us, "Next time don’t attend a timeshare presentation." Luckily my fiancée and I have no problem standing up for ourselves and demanded to speak with someone in charge. We took the high road and only focused on the promised 2 hour time frame and that we gave them their 2 hours and now we want what was promised us and to go enjoy our day in Vegas. The manager was friendly and nonconfrontational. She just told the man at the desk to get us our tickets and asked me to fill out a report for her. The show was good :) but NOT worth the aggravation. This is the short version of our experience.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I went to a Wyndham timeshare presentation the end of December 2018 while on vacation with my family. I am currently a WorldMark timeshare owner for many years and have made it work well for my family vacation needs. Wyndham pitched to me what they touted as a “hybrid” timeshare ownership which they claimed would enhance my WorldMark ownership. They told me in their sales pitch about various advantages and it all sounded good. In summary it was presented To me as a “no additional cost” ability to use my WorldMark points to book Wyndham timeshare rooms on the same level as all current VIP Wyndham timeshare owners.

It all sounded good so I purchased some Wyndham points. They told me that the offer I was being presented would never be offered to me ever again if I did not choose to purchase one of the presented substantial discount price offers. Thank god Florida has a 10-day rescission law which allows timeshare purchasers to decide to cancel the purchase by merely sending a notice to the timeshare to cancel the purchase. I cancelled the purchase after the following discovery I did.

After doing my detailed review of the contract I could not find language in the contract that matched anything I was told that was important to me. My next step was to call the Wyndham new owner number and was connected to the appropriate locations to answer my questions accurately. I soon discovered that the details of what was represented to me was not accurate. I called three times over three days and spoke to three different representatives. I wanted to ensure I was getting accurate information over the phone and I believe I did. I was on the phone 35 minutes to over an hour each time. This is the main issues I found out:

1. I was led to believe I could book Wyndham rooms using WorldMark points up to 13 months before check in day with no point transfer fee. FALSE. There is a $99.00 transfer fee in every case and the maximum advance booking for transferred points is only 9-months. 2. My new ownership will have access to book any Wyndham units with my WorldMark points. FALSE. There are only a few rooms made available in the Wyndham resorts that are allowed to be booked with WorldMark points and they are the “least” demand rooms with only a fraction of the total room count made available to WorldMark points.

3. I was told I could book reservations with one Wyndham point and use my WorldMark points to be added to the Wyndham booking fee free. This is totally false. It is not allowed to happen this way period. 4. I found out that at selected Wyndham resort locations you can book units using WorldMark points two weeks ahead of check in without unit restrictions. This only works if you pay the $99.00 transfer fee and book locations that still have availability. Good luck with that one. 5. I was told I would have VIP level 25% booking discount for both Wyndham and transferred WorldMark points when booking for the next two years. First off the discount don’t apply to WorldMark points at all and only applies to reservations made two months or less prior to occupancy. Good luck with that one.

There are other things I found to be not as represented. These are the ones that if were completely true without all of the restrictions would have been worth it to me. The timeshare sales department touted all of the advantages but failed to disclose all of the very bad restrictions which make the purchase just not worth it. Wyndham does not make it easy to get to the details of the restrictions so a buyer can make an informed decision. If these restrictions I have listed above would have been disclosed to me at the time of purchase I would not have wasted my time or the sales staff time. It’s too bad I had to go through a difficult discovery process the get the details. I believe most buyers fall prey to high handed deceptive sales tactics and don’t realize the mistake they made until they are stuck with the purchase.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I started my time trial timeshare 16 months ago and I'm beyond glad it's almost over in 2 months. These people are heartless and will lie all day to get your money. I was told in the beginning that my fiance and I would receive 5-6 free trips since we will be paying $120 per month for 18 months. Also, we could go to many different locations. In reality, we were able to go on TWO trips (Oregon and Oceanside) which are both nothing to write home about. I tried booking a 3rd trip which I couldn't do without paying more money. No matter how much you complain, they will never let you out of your contract prior to the 18 months being completed.

I honestly feel like this is the most corrupt, savage and lousy company I've ever dealt with and would rather work and McDonald's for the rest of my life before I give them another dollar in the future. It made more sense to pay for our own trips than pay them $120 per month for that long which got us two trips. Oh yeah and we can only go during times when it's raining or else they want us to use more points. Take my advice and never say yes to these people or you'll regret it 100% months later.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I was at one of the theme parks and they were inside the park. From the start we were apprehensive, but the gentleman who claimed to be the supervisor promised it would be a 90 minute presentation, no pressure and offered a 7 nights free hotel stay and a $25 gift card in addition to our $40 refund. The sales rep was very nice, the head of the presentation was a comedian, made the presentation very fun, he said it would only take 45 minutes which was better than the 90 minutes we were willing to endure...

From 8am to 11:43am we were there. If you say No to the first offer, they'll offer you something else, if you say No then another offer comes, if you say No a 3rd time then another offer comes... 3 different gentlemen later and 6 NOs later we were finally able to leave. Personally this was too good to be true, is not worth my time and almost 4 hours I will never get back to spend with my family. I was told from the beginning "if you say no, I won't pressure you, you will be on your way". Don't tell me that if you are going to bring 3 different people and I have to repeat NO 6 times.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

I had purchased a certificate from Wyndham, resortcerts.com. This is valid for a year and I was wrongly promised that I would be getting 7 free nights at no cost at all, anywhere within USA. This was a ** lie, because when I logged into their portal, I saw that I was being charged for everything. They are charging per night basis even with the certificate! I just want to get a refund, because while purchasing this certificate, they had promised me free 7 nights. Without any extra payment at all!

Now it turns out to be some bogus scheme! Please take back my certificate and refund the money! These people even forced me to go to some ** Sales presentation of 2 hours!! They were forcing me to buy more memberships there! Even after I told them that I don't want to attend the presentation. They simply said that they will not give the certificate till then. I freaking paid like 70-100$ to buy the certificate and now I cannot even use it coz they lied to me, saying that I will get 7 free nights!! Fraudsters!! >.<

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have been a owner since early 90s, back when it was Fairfield in Orlando, it was nice, Now that Wyndham owns it, it has been the worst experience, The Mgr. at the Smokey Mtn. Resort, (which there has been several in the 10 years that I have been going there) was the worst. This was a getaway and Xmas present for my wife who had knee surgery, and still recovering, they wanted us in a 1 bedroom cracker box, they call a suite. They have changed their wording that now the 1 bedroom deluxe, is now the full size units. Their records even shows we, have never stayed in anything but a 1 bedroom deluxe. If I had the money and the time I feel a good attorney, could make a great case for a lawsuit and class action suit. My wife even heard a employee tell a guest regarding some changes from the CEO, possibly a takeover.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

The room needs overhaul like painting and improving the bathroom. Other than that I enjoy my stay and the staff are friendly. The hotel is clean and will recommend to others needing low quality at better price.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Horrible experience. This company truly stinks and their customer service team provided zero help, complete lack of interest in helping, and a poor attitude. After three days of back and forth and the hotel advising us to call their support team, then having to wait additional days because they are closed on weekends, emailing the email address they refer to in their automatic recording, they were still not interested in assisting with an existing reservation over email or when I finally was connected to a representative this morning. After nearly a week we are still getting absolutely no help, we are now three days out from our check in date and very disappointed. Note, this is not a budget stay or a budget resort. After paying a premium for a 4 star experience we would likely have better service from an econo lodging provider. Advise: stay away if you expect any type of assistance with your vacation.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

DO NOT BUY WYNDHAM TIMESHARE POINTS! I never used a timeshare and went to a presentation. Started to believe in everything they were saying and purchased a contact. Everything our sales rep Clea was saying was all BIG LIE! Tried to make a reservation two months in advance at their Pocono resort and they had nothing available, but on any other websites there were availability! Apparently they had nothing available for the owners, but I could book as regular person and pay cash. The only discount I got is 30%. So I had to pay cash even though they gave me silver VIP owner status and other perks and I pay for this owner's contract!

I tried to make reservation at their resorts in MA, NH or nearby and all the winter weekends are booked! Some of their resorts don't have anything available until 2020 or nothing at all! They explain it as these are affiliate resorts and they have only few availability even though they are on their resorts map. If you try to book at RCI you need to transfer points and pay for it. It takes 2-3 days to transfer and by then all units are gone! This system is totally useless! To use your points to book a hotel you need to book at least two months in advance! So basically we are stuck with these Wyndham payments and can't even go to a vacation! And can't even get out of this contract! Their customer service is very ignorant! Never help and is so useless! DO NOT BUY IT. NEVER!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

We checked into our hotel, Rosen Inn in Orlando, then were told to follow up at the next desk to receive our 'free' welcome gift. Went to the desk, lady asked for my driver's license. She filled out the application with my info, put it on the counter. Started talking about how it was a $40 deposit, in the morning I would get $140 back plus a $100 AMEX card to spend. I was like, this is weird. Red flag. What kind of free gift from the hotel would need a deposit? She would not stop blabbering! We also didn't meet the age requirements nor did we meet the minimum salary. Another red flag.

I asked her if there was more information on this. She pointed to the tiny application, the size of a 5x5 paper and said that all the info I needed was on that paper and that my questions would be answered at a presentation that was 120 minutes long. All I had to do was sign. I read the fine print on the bottom of the paper and saw it was signing us up for a Wyndham timeshare. I looked at her and said I don't want to purchase a timeshare. She said we weren't purchasing anything and then proceeded to start with the whole "What happened? You said you were gonna do it?" No. We were never gonna do it lady! We were told by the hotel it was a free welcome gift. LIES! The couple behind us waiting for their "free" gift realized what was happening and they walked away. Thank god my husband was there to help me say no. These people are liars and scammers! Trust your guts when it tells you to say no.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Howard Johnson by Wyndham Las Vegas - At December 7 at 11 pm I just had the worst experience with this hotel crew. Precisely with the manager/responsible from front desk/check in. I book the reservation from Hotels.com and when I went to the lobby to do the check in the manager asked me how I would like to pay for the 100 dollars deposit which got me surprised 'cause I didn’t know they were gonna charge me that. So when I told her I didn’t know, she asked me if I wanted to cancel it and I asked her for a few minutes for me to book another hotel at that time. Couple minutes later I went back to the front desk to ask her how long it would take for them to return the deposit to my card if I decided to stay there. From this moment she just Ignored me, so I asked her if she didn’t hear me and she asked me to leave the property 'cause she wasn’t in the mood to let me stay at the hotel!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

We are currently here on vacation in Vegas. Walking down the street when a young man approached us and convinced us to attend a 90 minute (max 120 minute) presentation. In exchange we’d get $100 in vouchers to gamble or for food at Caesars Palace, a 3 day 2 night stay in a choice of resorts and show tickets. Ok I thought that sounds like a decent trade-off. They had us leave a $50 deposit which we were told we’d get back once we attended the presentation. We were also told we’d get reimbursed for our Uber ride there. So we attended this morning. We went to 265 E. Harmon Ave. Las Vegas, Nevada. Wyndham Grand Desert. We showed at 9:15 a.m. It was supposed to start at 9:20 am. It began at 9:30am. We were in a room with about 15-17 couples.

Our “handler” sat right next to us the entire time. She was nice enough. Presentation lasted about an hour but afterwards you’re taken to a “mock” hotel suite (4 bedroom beautifully decorated). Then we were taken to a large room where our handler showed us on a large computer screen where the resorts were and how nice they were. I then asked her to tell me the price of all of this. She hedged and began to ask me what we spent on vacations each year. I told her I wanted to know the cost. She said, "It’s expensive.” I said his much is expensive. She then began to ask again how much we spent on vacations. We travel quite a bit but my employer pays much of the costs so she knew she couldn’t compete with what we pay to travel.

Finally after asking 5-6 times she told me for VIP level, 400,000 points it cost $110,000. And you have to pay $212 for maintenance fees. For 154,000 points it cost $39,000. I told her the price was too high and I have never liked points programs. She then signals for another worker to come over and here comes Robert. He tells me how we are spending the money any way and that we need to look at the big picture. He begins to show me how foolish my current decisions are and how investing in Wyndham would save me thousands in the long run. I repeatedly told him NO. My husband told him NO. This went off for about 10-20 minutes just with him. Then he brings out “smaller package” deals (which I’d told him I wasn’t interested). The new package was for the same 400,000 points package but for $58,500. I looked at that package and politely told him NO.

He kept pushing it and I just smiled and said, “There is nothing you’re going to say to me to make me change my mind. My answer will remain a NO.” He looks at my husband and tries to get him to say yes but my husband affirmed my NO. To see how genuine these people are though, I asked him if I were to come up with $58K in a month or so would they extend the same offer to me. He laughs and says “I’ll give you my personal checking account information and you can deposit the $58K you “find” into my personal account.” He then picked up his papers and stood to shake hands and told us a final person would come to do a quick exit survey and we’d be free to leave after that.

Sure enough another man comes (Jason) and begins to ask us questions. I told him my main reason for not buying was we already belonged to a travel program and were pretty satisfied with it. Also it was difficult to “see” HOW Wyndham’s program really worked just based on the information we had been given in such a short amount of time. I asked if the program was so good and so legitimate why wouldn’t they honor the deal in a month. He tells me there are 3 reasons: 1. Legally they can’t and that it’s a violation of the rules as written by the owners, 2. I have to physically be in Vegas to do the deal and 3. Some crap that I can’t recall now. But he then begins to ask a few questions (was everyone polite to us, did we like the program, would we stay at Wyndham resorts in the future, was money a major factor in deciding to not buy in).

He then, after we’ve answered the questions, turns the paper over and begins to write out a 2 year trial offer where there are no maintenance fees and the same 400,000 points package. And it would cost $3,524! I then asked him, "When you came over here I asked you if you’d keep them offer on the table until next month. You said no." He says he had to ask me the exit questions to see if I qualified for the trial deal! BS! What a load of POOP!

He then says based on our answers they will keep the 400,000 points for $58K on the table and will apply whatever I’ve paid to be deducted towards the $58K. At that point we’d been there 4 hours and my brother had called once and my sister had called twice. I told him it must be an emergency and I had to take the call. It was a minor emergency but thank GOD she called. I told him we had to go and thanked him for his time. He wrote his cell on a paper and told us the trial offer would remain on the table until we left Vegas. Came back to the hotel and did a little bit of researching and thank GOD for you good, honest people. I feel like we dodged a bullet today! Whew! Man they were persistent and it seemed like we’d never leave there! I can’t tell others what to do with their money but as for me and my house, we will NEVER buy into Wyndham Resorts EVER! Do your research! Be smart!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I have been a Wyndham timeshare owner since the 1980's. In those days, it was named Fairfield Resorts. I bought into their basic plan, enough points for a one week stay at most of their resorts. The sales department was high pressure then, and they still have the same agenda today. My wife and I just returned from Nashville. We sat through, what they called a survey. They do this at every resort. They tell us we need to learn what's happening with the company and how to benefit from these changes. These sessions always become a sales meeting, high pressure and one sales associate after another. These people lie, mislead and they are very disrespectful when told no. They prey on us as if we are a dead animal and they are vultures. These sales associates told us, the Wyndham CEO says no more high pressure sales tactics, yet that's all they do. It's a joke!

The new Wyndham website is another issue. It works "most" of the time and it can't be trusted. I rolled 2018 points into my 2019 points pool, paid the $39.00, which is a rip off, and everything was fine until October. I received an email that I had to use my 168,036 points by the end of 2018 or I will lose them. The rollover disappeared for some strange reason. They wouldn't do anything about it either. The resorts are not maintained to the quality they were years ago, especially the older resorts. The rooms have older plumbing fixtures, low toilets that are hard on older people, old appliances and cheap furniture.

The other issue I have is Wyndham's constant change in their ownership rules and programs. They have actually taken resorts away from us because we won't buy into their new plan, Wyndham Club Pass. It would cost me $20,000.00 to buy into this. I am retired and I'm not wasting money on that, but they say in years to come, I will not be able to stay at the resorts, because I didn't buy in. Basically, my ownership will be worthless! I wish I had never seen or heard of Fairfield and Wyndham timeshares. I wish 20/20 or Sixty Minutes would do a story on Wyndham so it would expose their dirty tactics.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

If something is too good to be true it is!!! These people are sharks! I wish I had read these reviews before wasting a precious Saturday. I was lured in by a phone call telling me I had won this fabulous prize of 4 round trip airplane tickets and as a special treat a $50 dining voucher. The catch is you must attend a 2 hour timeshare meeting. They are worse than used car salesman!!! They promise to be respectful but instead they play with your emotions. Luckily I said no to the multiple offers and walked out with my crappy dining voucher and not a 25,000 note, which when I went to redeem and doesn’t give you the full $50, it’s a $25 credit IF you spend $50. The plane tickets are also a total joke.

People, unless you are rich don’t waste your day like we did. As soon as we said no, they pushed us out the door like a piece of trash. We were never interested in this in the first place, our information was sold. The Wyndham was dishonest from the moment they contacted me and I would never do business with them again. BEWARE! For those of you curious about the fine print on the airline tickets here you go.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Yes I have entered into several purchase transactions with Wyndham. I felt great about my initial “investment” with the company, only to later hear from sales reps that my first purchase “wasn’t quite enough if I wanted to fully enjoy the benefits of ownership.” Well of course I wanted to FULLY enjoy the benefits of ownership… who wouldn’t? I had no idea I was purchasing with strings attached. I will gladly admit to have made some mistakes along the way too... Yes, I believed what they were saying was valid. Yes, I was under the assumption that if a company made commitments to its customer- they would uphold those values promised. Yes, I bought into the pyramid scheme of timeshare ownership. And yes, I now look back at how the game is played and realize I was never anything other than a pawn.

With all that being said, I will not sit back and let Wyndham walk all over me now that my eyes are open to the misinformation and fabrication. With every upgrade I feel as though I took a step closer to the truth and ability to see the true nature of this corporation. In the beginning I was ignorant to this scheme, I was fooled to trust a business like this to have my best interest in mind.

I have had communication with Camila ** at Wyndham in regards to my request for a full termination and refund for all monies that I so called invested in Wyndham. Ms. ** has seemed to not take my complaints in a serious matter, nor has she been of any help to me. She has had very poor communication with me and she continues to portray that she has. I am fed up with being lied to and not taken seriously. I suggest anyone who comes in contact with Wyndham run away as fast as possible before you are trapped.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Wyndham is a company that makes promises and tells customers of what a great investment they are making during a purchase, but they are full of lies to make a sale out of a caring person. I will never recommend Wyndham or use any hotels connected to Wyndham after a timeshare purchased we were lied into buying. I still can’t understand how Wyndham wants me to pay for a property, I will never use due to all payments, maintenance fees, and PayPal loan they got as a down payment.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

I just got an unsolicited spam call from a woman with a heavy accent. When I asked who was speaking she immediately hung up. This is by far the worst operation in the world. God help anyone that has fallen for this outfit's line of BS.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

We purchased points in Chicago after being Wyndham owners for about two years. We purchased because we wanted priority access for the downtown Chicago location so we could travel downtown by train and be close to all the attractions downtown like Taste of Chicago and the Air and Water show. Priority Access allowed us to book 13 months in advance for that resort because it fills up fast. They threw in enough points for two years that we would be considered VIP members.

About four months after this purchase we received a call from Richard in Orlando with Wyndham. He told us that because we were VIP members, we were eligible to purchase additional points at a deeply reduced rate which would allow us about four weeks of vacation a year at almost any resort. He also stated that our Chicago contract would remain exactly the same, all we were doing was purchasing more points.

A month before St. Patrick's Day last year I called the Chicago resort to book with our priority access only to be told that I didn't have priority access. I called Richard in Orlando who told me he didn't know we had priority access in Chicago and that the only way we could get priority access in Chicago again was to purchase more points in Chicago! I made several attempts to reach a member of management and I don't recall the person's name but he promised he would look into this and get back to me. I waited and waited and finally after a month, he called me and explained that he was still checking.

I told him that I just wanted our Chicago contract back. We would remain members and they could keep everything we had already paid for the extra points, all I wanted was the Chicago contract back. I asked him how long this would take because I didn't want to spend another $1500.00 dollars waiting for months for a reply. He promised he would have an answer in less than three weeks. Five weeks later, we finally had it and hired an attorney to get us out of this contract, which cost us another $11,000.00 dollars. We are still waiting to get released a year and a half later. Don't get taken by the promises. They are lies. Don't be another victim. I wish every day we had never started with Wyndham and I want nothing to do with them ever again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Current owners & new owners be aware that super owners who have lots of points are selling their points on AIRBNB for $400 or more per night. Thus taking most of available units for their own profit, thus leaving very few units available for all the other owners. There are no restrictions with Wyndham to sell points on AIRBNB. Management is aware of this issue. Save your money.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Attended a presentation while we were staying at Wyndham Grand Desert. Our sales rep, Matt **, knew we were undecided about the purchase. However, he persuaded us to buy by stating and restating that our monthly fees would be offset by 20% per month savings on our DirecTV and T- Mobile bills, plus an additional 20% discount on all purchases made at Target as well as other perks. He also said "I tell all my members that if their maintenance fees are less than $100, they will end up paying effectively no maintenance fees". This clinched the sale for us.

Turns out (surprise) these were complete and utter lies. By the time we got home from our vacation, it was six days after the purchase. As we looked at the information on our account once we got into the Wyndham system, we noticed that these perks did not exist. I called Wyndham and told them of our problem. They informed us that it was six days after the sale, one day past the recession period in the contract. The representative informed me that we could file a claim which we did. Their response to our claim was in essence, you signed a contract and can't prove that any verbal representations by our sales rep were ever made or even mattered. At this time, we have not received any evidence that they even contacted **. Therefore, we can only surmise that they

Did not bother to contact him (thereby taking no corrective action against his blatant lies as long as the contracts are coming in... Contacted him, he confessed and they ignored the confession. Contacted him, he continued his lying and we were left with no written proof of the lies. Any way you slice it, we were screwed by Wyndham. Once you sign your contract and they have your money, game over, no matter what fraudulent sales practices led to the signing of said contract.

I won't even get into the details of the omission of vital details that negatively affect the use of our points. Nor will I get into the lies about availability and usage. Suffice to say that we were taken in by Wyndham's reputation that we thought was good based on our stays in the past with their affiliated hotels. However, the timeshare aspect of this company, as you can see by the steady flow of negative reviews on this site, is abysmal. Don't become another victim. Don't believe a word they say. If a company can't sell its product without deception and lies, chances are this is a product to avoid at all costs.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

After having to hire an attorney to even gain access to our “bonus points” and after realizing that every single item we were told during the Wyndham Sales Presentation is an untruth, we feel ourselves to be totally wronged and no longer desirous of any dealings with the Wyndham Resort “family” as you all call it.

We’ve gone back over what your sales staff told us and can’t come up with one thing that was fact rather than fantasy. We were, unfortunately, sold a “dream vacation package” that was only that, a dream. The waking reality is that your company has used detestable manipulations and emotional toying to wring the proper response from us. That of buying an entirely worthless timeshare.

The few trips we’ve been on have been to locales we didn’t prefer at times that we had to “make work” rather than our requested dates and were placed in rooms across the street from the beach not on the beach, you get the idea. Not only were these trips marred from the beginning, but then we had to endure your staff’s incessant bullying and intimidation tactics to even check in and get to our room. We find it not at all to our liking and will never return to a Wyndham establishment ever.

You all entice people with free breakfast, free night stays and gift cards just to attend these presentations that you all know are about to be full of dishonesty and pressure for us to buy. Every time we said no, the agent would “sweeten” the deal more and more with lower prices and benefits. They say whatever they needed to say to get us to purchase because none of what we were promised has been given to us! We were told because we owned another timeshare in Gatlinburg for over 20 years we wouldn’t have to pay RCI membership fees since Wyndham owned RCI. The very first time we tried to use our points, we were told our points would not be available for 2 more months due to the special package we were given. When we called customer service about this issue, we were told we did not have access to that property, despite the fact that we were told we were purchasing this timeshare! What kind of circus are you all running!

To make things worse, when we went to use our other timeshare, the one we have owned for over 20 years, we were told that we would need to pay our annual RCI fees before making a new reservation even though we were told differently. We have never had an issue with our initial timeshare and then Wyndham comes along and screws everything up. This topped it off for us and we realized this is not what we wanted to continue dealing with. Please terminate our timeshare contract and all accounts connected to it. Please provide us our refund notice promptly.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

It is amazing how quickly a salesman can change their attitude when they realize their sale is not in the bag. I knew as soon as our salesman sat down after two minutes saying we qualify with excellent credit that everything to follow was complete nonsense. I know they did not run my credit as I have it locked and get notifications about even "soft" inquiries. They had sent multiple sales reps to us, and then resorted to trying to insult my husband by pointing out that I make more yearly than he does as if that would push him closer to a sale.

We are quite comfortable in our situation and neither of us will allow the other to be bullied. The hard no did not go well. 120 minutes? Try 4.5 hours. Luckily we are on vacation and do nothing with the mornings anyway. If you have any kind of plans, or have even an inkling of weakness for salesmen skip this. They talk a good game but once the fees start adding up you get screwed. And they want money down. Nope. Nope. Nope.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We were approached by a Wyndham rep as soon as we walked through the door of our hotel with suitcases in hand in Vegas. The gent offered us all kinds of free activities if we went to their 2 hour presentation. The free stuff valued out to about $300. Worth it...right? Well for us yes because we did not buy. Almost did, but the tour was offsite of the presentation and in the rep's car we googled all about Wyndham. Omg, so glad we did. We were really considering it and if we would not have been taken to another site, about a 15 min car ride each way, we would have been sucked into their scam.

They make it sound like it is a steal and tell you it gains value, but of course it does not. It loses value. They tried to sell us 400000 point for 32k. We asked to see the catalog so we could value up to see how many vacations 400k points would get us. Well they picked up the catalog and shuffled it, but would not let us hold it. Hilarious. Then there are the maintenance fees. 2400 a year for the point value. This value also goes up every year. So even when I paid the 32k deed off I would still owe them 2400++ yearly.

So we listened to the very upbeat presentation and were just about sold. We were pretty excited. The presentation and lunch (a piece of marinated chicken and cauliflower) lasted the 2 hours. So in order for us to receive our free stuff we still had to go on the offsite tour. Which with driving back and forth and then the hotel tour, took another hour. During that hour we noticed our rep texting quite a bit. Then we returned we just happened to run into a couple on the elevator that was from the same state, like an hour from us. When I asked the couple a question she gave me some answer that sounded scripted about how they love Wyndham. It what I asked them if they visited in our state since we were practically neighbors. Lol. Coincidence? K.

Then we got back up to the original room and a more aggressive salesperson awaited us. The dude started naming off instances in his life that honestly went in the order of the dates of things my husband and I posted in our Facebook pages. Even though we had googled Wyndham on the car ride back from the tour, when the sales rep spouted off all that we knew for sure then that we were out! Coincidence that we meet a sales rep with almost the exact life as us...nope!

I got to hand it to the whole presentation team. They are good. We filled out paperwork before we left for the tour and when we returned it was like they did an identity scan on me and my husband while we were gone. We all know they did, along with all our social media. After 3 hours they finally show us the price. They will not show you one second before this moment and they will not estimate a price during either. We used the price as our out and said No. They then offered 2 other point packages cheaper. We still said an adamant No. Then they changed from the upbeat fun vacation sellers of a lifetime into my pouting temper tampering 5 yr old. They were then rude and mean. Shocker there I guess!

So we signed our I said No paperwork and were heading out to collect our free vouchers. On the way out we had to sit at another table where they offered us a trial to buy. We didn’t know this at the time but no one ever seems to get to use the trial points either because nothing is available for trial users or there are not enough trial points. They offered us that for $3500. Oh, and we still would have to pay maintenance fees and some other fee. So we said No! All we were thinking after 3 1/2 hours was I need a drink!

Finally, we collect our vouchers and left. All in all to us it was worth it because we got four activities for both of us out of them and they were fun. We also did not have a clue about timeshares and about how these sale peeps leak at every Vegas hotel. So it was good education to waiving off all of them the rest of our trip at other hotels. They almost got us though...thanks Google and thanks to the car ride. Me and my husband has since super googled about Wyndham and found all these sites complaining of being scammed. I look back and can see each time they lied to us but didn’t see it then because they are so well trained to be mesmerizing first and then of course pushy. My heart goes out to all that scammed by these peeps.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

What a scam! I was told I would get a 2 bedroom condo near Disneyland and never received the email. I found out I was get a standard hotel room not on the property and was responsible for multiple additional charges. I tried to get a refund which I did not and every time I tried to schedule a trip nothing was available and the presentation meetings were up to hour away!

Please don’t waste $149 only to Find out you are not getting a condo on the property and stuck with up to $100/day in undisclosed fees, if you are lucky enough to book a property you actually want to go to! I also heard that the 120 minutes turns into 4 hours of high pressure tactics and every person you speak with has different information like you can reschedule without a charge to being told when you do call that there will be a fee of $19.95 -$49.95! Steer clear and check out Vacation Fulfillment which has never disappointed me in 5 years and you can get great deals on some of the same resorts for an entire week for slightly more than the 3 night “deal” they sell you.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information