1.13/5

Discover a great timeshare now

729 Wyndham Vacation Resorts Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2016

My wife and I are current members of Wyndham Vacation Resorts. We continue to be solicited by Wyndham to increase our membership using deceptive and unfair sales practices. If you have experienced the same and would like to join a class action suit against Wyndham please reply.

Original review: June 20, 2016

I was very disappointed with my stay at the Wyndham Daytona Beach. This is NOT a $250.00 per night room. Room 801 A. They are seriously dated, unclean, in poor repair. In addition employees talk down to customers and more than one of them is just plain rude. Loose door handles, paint peeling, doors laminating, glass tables broken and not replaced, plumbing fixtures damaged, AC didn't work properly, entry door stop missing rubber softener, rooms just filthy. Poor maintenance, poor maid service. I usually stay at the Hawaiian Inn but thought it would be a nice treat for the family to upgrade this year. Man was I disappointed. I could get a nicer room at the Hawaiian for less than half of what I paid at the Wyndham.

Original review: June 7, 2016

It is ashamed that staying at some very nice properties (we have been at nearly 20) is totally ruined by a very dishonest company - and I do not use the word "dishonest" lightly - Wyndham has earned it over and over again. Best advice to anyone not in Wyndham - DON'T START!! This is mainly directed at Wyndham Vacation Resorts but could easily include Wyndham Rewards, which although not dishonest, is another very misleading operation.

Riding on an elevator at a Wyndham Resort with another owner is a revealing experience as almost everyone has the same negative experience and if they are carrying the telltale (I just spent more money) bag stuffed with useless information, they are torn between mad, and emotionally trained from what they have been through. I repeat, DON'T START! If you want to stay at these resorts, pay the price and forget the "ownership". We are embarrassed that we got into this and will do anything we can to help others avoid the same.

Original review: June 3, 2016

Condo had many issues. Broken dining room chairs, non-working ice machine, taped shelves in refrigerator, lack of wine glasses, old torn leather couches, no batteries in TV remotes, old washing machine and old dish washer. Also condo was being sold which we were not told. I sent a letter to Wyndham Vacation Rentals and received no response. Positive value was great ocean view and location.

Original review: June 1, 2016

Wasted 2 full days last week listening to the reps tell me about something I did not want to hear and it had NOTHING to do with the reason I was there. I wanted points converted to maintenance fees. They kept trying to sell me into the New York City site. Not interesting as we didn't lose anything there. Went back on the second day thinking I would get what I wanted done on that day. Are you kidding, it did not happen! I noticed one contract number was missing a digit but was informed it would be corrected before the papers were finalized.

In the Quality Assurance room, I came "unglued" when I noticed the contract number was still wrong and told them that they couldn't do one little thing correctly. I came for one thing and it still wasn't done. I am leaving and the contract is not going to be signed! I would love to see the video recording of me and my actions! Bet they won't want to hear my name AGAIN. Also discovered that some of our points are not usable, they don't explain things WELL at all. PS: Never received an email from your firm before I wrote this review. Better check on your people while you are at it!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: May 23, 2016

I purchased a vacation getaway in New York and what was included was: 3 days and 2 nights in a Hotel in NY rated 3 stars or higher Plus a gift of a $75 American Express Card - which I never got. When checking in to the New Yorker I was told they didn't have a welcome package for me and as far as everyone there - no one worked for Wyndham. Had no idea what I was talking about. The hotel room was extremely small for me and my sister and you could hardly turn around in the bathroom. Had one queen size bed. Had to travel all across town to the Wyndham presentation (by cab) - could have had the presentation at the New Yorker to make it more convenient for people attending the sales presentation. (Although the presentor, Shauna, did a great job). I am pretty pissed about not receiving the promised gift card and I noted it on the questionnaire Shauna had me complete.

Original review: May 20, 2016

Our experience with Wyndham has been a nightmare from the beginning. The presentations are anything but brief, the sales agents engage in high-pressure tactics to sell, and their customer service is practically non-existent, despite all of their claims to the contrary. The presentation was to include a "large breakfast". However, the Wyndham agent kept saying things were running late. We wanted to leave, but he kept assuring us that the transport vehicle to take us to the resort would be here soon. It did not show up until noon. We were assured there would be a big lunch. It was a small piece of chicken and a few string beans. We were told the presentation would be brief. It was, in fact, over three hours long.

The sales agent was pressuring us to buy a timeshare. We repeatedly said we could not afford it (100,000 dollars American). He left and came back with two other gentlemen. I asked him why he had brought over two managers... the managers told us they were meeting everyone. I mentioned I had not seen them go over and greet anyone else. I told them I was very uncomfortable and that I had no intention of purchasing a timeshare. One manager invited us into his office. I again explained that we did not want to buy a timeshare for that amount of money. He suggested a Discovery Vacation, where for a small amount we could stay for a brief time at a timeshare. We agreed. When we arrived home from our vacation, we received a notice that our bill was overdue. I tried calling several times... and could never reach an agent by phone.

I decided to use the Wyndham website and emailed for more information. NO one ever responded to my emails. I left phone messages... my calls were never returned. I paid using my credit card, and received confirmation numbers that I had paid, but received another letter stating the payment was overdue. I finally reached an agent by phone, several months later. She informed me that I was not permitted to make credit card payments by phone for Discovery Vacations. I told her I had received confirmation numbers for my payments and she again said this was not permitted. The paperwork we have says we have until July 17, 2017 to use the Discovery Vacation. However, our account on the Wyndham website says we had until March of 2016. I have since been trying to reach Wyndham once again for information but my calls go unanswered. I would never recommend this company and I will never do business with them again.

Original review: May 19, 2016

We were on vacation for our 6th anniversary. We were in the Smoky Mountains staying in Pigeon Forge, TN. My wife and I saw a booth for all the shows they had going on. We stopped and told the lady we wanted to get tickets to the Dixie Stampede. She told us about a deal where we could get free tickets to go if we just took a tour of the Jimmy Buffet's Hotel at The Island. Ah but one of the qualifiers was that you had to make 60 grand a year. We make just under that. So she throws in another show at half the cost if we go. We accept. It was supposed to be a 2 hour tour. So we show up next morning. Bill the salesman meets with us and takes us upstairs. Already the lies and b.s. start. Oh we are not obligated to buy anything. No sales pressure. Blah blah blah. He goes over who Wyndham is and how big they are and how the program works. We go over to the hotel and see the presidential suite. Gorgeous room I must say.

He goes on with his presentation in the room. He starts repeating himself on stuff. Over and over and over. "We don't want pressure you. Wyndham doesn't want you to buy something you don't want." When we finally got back where we started and he brings a corporate guy in to talk with us. He shows us the proposal. I look at the numbers and see there is no way we are going to afford this. He shows a second proposal. Same thing. I tell them no. They start in on how great it is. How much we are saving, etc., etc. I said not interested. They were not going to take no for an answer. My wife gets upset and starts crying. Corporate guy leaves. I get angry and said "I thought you said you were not going to pressure us?" He said, "We're not trying to pressure you." I told my wife "Let's just go".

My wife told Bill that we do not even make the minimum they requested. Then their tune changed. They got apologetic and asked for all the information we had on the lady who got us into this crap. Then they send us to the closer guy. One last ditch effort to rope is in. He gave his proposal and I refused. He was not pushy. He just let us leave with what we needed to get our gifts. Two hours turned into 3. I wish I would have researched this company and read these reviews before wasting my time with them. I just cannot understand how someone could enjoy their job by ripping people off like these Wyndham people are doing! Have you no conscience? Have you no compassion for your fellow man? We were just lucky we did not qualify in the first place. I was so ecstatic when we were finally free of these con artists. Never ever will I do business with Wyndham again.

Original review: May 12, 2016

We recently stayed at the Wyndham Nashville property in a 2 BR condo and it was an amazing trip. The resort staff was over the top friendly. The sales staff was very nice and we had planned on upgrading to Platinum and decided to do it in this trip. We have been owners for 8 years and love our vacations. We have been very happy with Wyndham.

Original review: May 9, 2016

This is such a scam operation. They prey on we seniors through the hours and hours of presentation after presentation. There is always another individual that you need to talk to no matter how many times you say no. There will always be somebody else they want you to talk with and sweeten the deal. When it's all over you end up with a payment that you can't afford and that you're stuck with for years and years. Please save your money and learn from our mistake. If I could give a zero review I would so definitely do that.

Original review: May 1, 2016

We were told that the price would be much lower than it really is and now we get additional billing of $125 per month for "Club Wyndham Plus" which I never heard of? We were kept in one of their Interrogation rooms for over 3 hours of telling them that we were not interested. They kept "sweetening" the deal. I told them that we're seniors on a fixed income. I told them that I just couldn't afford it. I said "my credit score wouldn't stand this charge". They came up with a credit card through Barclay's Bank that would accept my wife on the account. With much frustration we said "OK".

A few weeks went by and a bill comes in for more than discussed. I called the salesperson that sold the program telling him that we could not afford this and he said "give another week and we can see what we can do". I called back in a week and could not reach him. I sent five "registered letters" confirming our conversation. No answer after weeks of this. Now it's about six months with this SCAM. I called Wyndham Corporate and they said there was nothing they could do. I said "we can't afford it". The person said we would have to prove our assets to get out of it. I told him that I would call an attorney. He said "go ahead".

We have never used any of the initial resort gift stays and will never use any of this. It's called Social Security, and my grown daughter, husband and children are being supported by us. Note that this was sold as a low cost "Wonderful Opportunity Vacation Plan". I'm not a dummy and can understand English very well, but what we got is not what we thought we were getting. I note all the other folks with similar complaints. If you could sell it maybe that would be a way out, but you can not sell them. I've stayed at many Wyndham Hotels, but never again and this will be on Facebook soon.

Original review: April 27, 2016

My husband and I were given a trip to a Wyndham resort for my birthday. When we got there they had a jar with marbles in it for the guests to guess and the winner would get a gift card for $100. My husband went to guess and he told the lady standing there it was my birthday, and she told him the answer and that we had to go to the information seminar to hear the winner. We went and guess what, we won the gift card and they even had balloons on my chair for my birthday. We Sat there for a while and then saw a movie presentation and took a tour of the hotel penthouse suite. We were there for about 4 hours and after, my husband asked numerous times about the cost saying we can only afford $250 a month.

We were reassured many different times that the monthly price would not exceed the $250 we could afford we signed up. We told them we have 4 kids and this is really all we can afford. We also were given multiple other gift cards for signing up. We got home had a great vacation and were excited. We started receiving our bills, there were 4 different bills for this purchase totaling over $500!! We were outraged and called asking what we could do to get out of our contract, and were told nothing, we had to pay our dues. Well needless to say these are the last bills on my mind every month. I have still yet to find a way out, I dont even want to use any of the points we signed up for. I just want to get rid of it all together. Can anyone help me get out???

Original review: April 25, 2016

I reserved a tour with Wyndham Hotels for a 7/8 stay with one year to use. I contacted the greeter. He gave me to someone else. This person told me that previous greeter was no longer with Wyndham. He was fired and Wyndham will not honor the contract that he sold me and there is no refund. I advise everyone to never buy anything from Wyndham Hotels or even stay at their hotels. Rip me off once. Shame on you. Not a chance to get a second chance. They also make you enter a star you rate them at. I chose no stars but they would not let me. VERY VERY DISSATISFIED with WYNDHAM!!!

Original review: April 25, 2016

On 4/18/16 attended a WOW presentation and during follow up was told if I do not buy additional points I would lose my entitlements and my monthly fees would double. When I called the corporate office to report this I was given a complaint number and told to contact Consumer Affairs. No follow up done by Wyndham.

Original review: April 24, 2016

I bought in at silver level and every time I try to use it I'm told I need to buy more shares. I've spent hours with representatives that only try to sell me more and not explain how to use what I have. I can never get the days I want and am told I need to pick less popular days. They have had twice the amount taken out of my checking account for over a year and keep saying that they will fix it. I was told I could sell back (at a reduced price of course) at any time but no one will respond. When I email they say someone will contact me but no one ever does. In three years I've been able to use 10 days! At over 450 dollars a month I could have traveled all over the world. Save your money and avoid this company at all costs. Total rip off, they should be closed down.

Original review: April 21, 2016

I am an owner of a Wyndham Vacation Resort. I purchased it back in 2013 and upgraded it to silver level in 2014 upon salesperson's sweet lie. When you check in, the front desk customer service rep always keeps asking to attend their sales meeting for obtaining an updated information of Wyndham. They bribe you with the bunch of coupon/restaurant coupons and gift cards to attend the meeting. When you check in the room, they persistently call you whether you will attend the meeting. Oh my god, they are so annoying. Most people want to enjoy their time with the family however they always want to bother you with the sales pitch. They manipulate to purchase their timeshare with the highest interest rates. They have no integrity whatsoever. Some of sales reps are not even sales rep so we call "Rookie". Probably the word of ROOKIE is even fancier. The term is not even close of my expression.

I have told one of the sales rep at Myrtle Beach, SC that I will consider purchasing it when I go back home. You know what he says? "Oh most of people will say no to me when they get back home." I did really wanted to say "Yes! Of course because you DID NOT DO YOUR HOMEWORK TO PITCH TO ME AND YOU SHOULD FIND ANOTHER JOB!" Basically he wanted to make an easy sale which will not going to happen at all. What a funny sales guy he is. Of course, sales require number game and they need to work so hard to make sales. Their sales training is something wrong. Sometimes they want to hold you for 4 hours to make sales. Please please avoid to attend the sales meeting and purchase it from them. It is not worth of your time!

Original review: April 20, 2016

This has been the worst investment ever. They rope you in and then find ways to just take your money every month. There is even a problem paying early. If you are looking at this - just say NO to these crooks.

Original review: April 20, 2016

My husband and I are very frustrated and disappointed with Wyndham Vacation Club. It is not at all what we were lead to believe we were purchasing. Our first frustration is the inability to view resort availability online based on our membership type. We are required to call a reservation specialist and let them look up each resort we are interested in for availability.

The second frustration is because of the above mentioned limitation we are unable to easily compare airline prices to coordinate with the resort availability. In order to do so, the reservation specialist has to sit on hold while I go to another travel site to look up flights. Back and forth, back and forth. It is just not very 2016 - more like 2002 at best. This leads to the third frustration in that we have to then coordinate the above two limitations with our own work schedule. I don't know about other companies but we can't just take off any dates we like. Time off requests have to be submitted and approved in advance of purchasing potentially non-refundable airline tickets.

If all of the above were not enough, the fourth frustration is their very limited availability in any of the locations we are interested in. Sorry, but Branson Missouri or the Wisconsin Dells are not our style. We were told we would need to book our time 2-3 months in advance our last call to a reservation specialist and we are 6 months out before we can book a full week at a resort of our choosing.

I have combed through the Discovery membership property directory we were provided which lists the Club Wyndham Plus resorts available to us and it would be an understatement to say the majority of these properties are substandard 2 star accommodations at best. Most look like apartment complexes from the 1970s with dated furnishings and surroundings. Everyone knows only the best pictures are put in brochures, so it scares me to think of what the actual property looks like if the brochure images are not appealing. Trying to view the properties on the Wyndham Vacation website is no better with postage stamp size images which cannot be enlarged. To view better images I have to search/view yet another site.

Maybe our expectations were set too high. After all, the properties we were shown in the initial presentation were beautiful 4 and 5 star beachside resorts; yet even the Club Wyndham Plus resorts in Hawaii are not all beachside, with some many miles away from the closest beach - we're talking about an island surrounded by water right?

We spent over four hours at the presentation/sales pitch and after saying "no", "no", "no" we were finally convinced to purchase the Discovery Membership to "try it out" before we considered a larger financial commitment. Shame on us for not innately knowing the extreme limitations we were to experience in our Discovery membership. At no time did the presenter or sales representative redirect us to any limitations mentioned in any small print nor were we offered to "view" images of the actual properties that would be available to us - nice bait and switch by the way. I'm sure we were not the first to expect honesty and integrity from a company such as Wyndham. I've never been known to be naive or gullible, but this is one time I was taken for a fool. The only thing we discovered in our new Discovery membership was we were scammed.

Original review: April 11, 2016

My partner & I bought the timeshare off my sister but kept her on the scheme. This has lead to a multitude of problems, we always need all 3 of us to sign anything. My sister has never used the scheme so we thought we would remove her from the scheme. We all completed the transfer papers just over 2 year ago & sent them in only to find out that we also need another to be signed by a JP, my sister had then moved to Wellington - too hard to arrange. We tried again recently. My sister came up for a visit so I arranged the paperwork & set up an appointment with a JP. As we were all together the JP just signed once as she had witnessed us all signing. This was not good enough for Wyndham, they wanted 3 of the JP's signatures... I could understand if the JP signature was under each our signatures & not at the bottom of the page altogether.

Original review: April 7, 2016

I have had my ownership for about seven years now and in seven years, I have never been happy with this company. The reviews of how they hook you are just the beginning. Billing has been an issue since day one. My biggest frustrations with them are that I send in can send a mortgage payment or a maintenance fee payment with it written in the memo area what the payment is for and they will apply it to whatever they want.

In addition, I have another family member who has an ownership and our ownerships are linked. Therefore, they have also taken my money to pay her maintenance fees whenever they wanted. When I called to get it straightened out, I spoke with an ignorant man who stated that the transaction was processed and they would not change it. It took me skipping a payment to get someone to respond and then they claimed I had skipped three payments (one of which supposedly happened two years before). Funny how I was able to track the fact that that was a lie.

The latest is that they called to claim that we are $400+ dollars behind on our maintenance. How on earth can we possibly be 400 in arrears? It is April and the monthly fee is about 120 per month. We've made two payments totaling $300+ dollars. Of course when challenged with those facts, as usual the customer service rep, has no clue. In a few months I will be done with the mortgage, end of this crap. I think when that happens I'll sell it to lowest bidder. For all the grief and unprofessionalism they have provided me, I will introduce them to some people who will redefine "grief and crap". And on the salespeople's lack of professionalism... that doesn't go away even after you buy. They will keep hounding you to upgrade and get nasty when you refuse.

Original review: April 3, 2016

When I signed up for a vacation promotion the sales rep, on a recorded call, promised one year to get my money back if we ended up not going in for the promotional stay. When I tried to cancel and get my money back after several months Wyndham refused, saying that the fine print in the written agreement that they sent after I signed up on the phone stated there's only a 30 day money back period and that even though they still have the recording, the written agreement trumps anything the sales rep promised. In other words, they won't even stand by what their sales rep promised, even though they could review the tape to prove that the promise was made. Currently disputing the charges with my credit card company. Of course, I wouldn't trust Wyndham Vacations at all.

Original review: April 2, 2016

I have got in touch with Wyndham resorts vacation ownership team in the Surfers Paradise beach of Australia's Gold Coast. They offered me a much discounted tickets to a theme park in Gold Coast. All I need to do for that is to attend one of their seminars on their resorts, which sounds no harm. Attending a one and a half hour seminar on a resort isn't a big deal - at least until we reach there. When me and my wife reached there, for our utmost surprise, it was not even a seminar or a slide show. It was a big damn one on one marketing of a vacation rental property. The salesman of Indian origin had quickly made rapport with us by using our own Indian heritage. Getting a brief from us about our usual vacation plan and the cost involved in it, he came up with his plan and budgeting for us and our savings while we use their plan for at least next 30 years.

While the supposed be 1.5 hrs meeting already went into 2 hrs but he was yet he get into the financial side of it, means what the amount of $$ involved in it.. He took our whole time to convince us that "this is product to be" for us. And finally he went into the financials. We were in an impression that we could not afford to make a commitment then. Their weird rule is "WE HAVE TO TAKE A DECISION AND MAKE A PAYMENT IN THE SAME SITTING." They not allowed you to go home and do a research before you buy the product.

And good lord, the pressure from that salesman was absolutely horrible. I never ever seen anyone putting pressure on you to buy a product like that - that too for an on going commitment of about $35,000, or an EMI of about $125 per week with their 13.5% of interest. Even after you said a straightforward NO, he won't let you go. He wanted to know the reason for your NO and he wanted to fix it, regardless the NO is because of your personal, financial or family matters. They are basically saying, even without saying it, "you are here to buy our product, not to get a cheap ticket to get into the theme park." This is absolutely rude. I really was in an impression that I would pay the full damn price of the theme park ticket 100 times rather than going through this grilling and humiliating selling drama.

Original review: March 29, 2016

We booked a room with a lake view. When you open the curtain, there is a parking lot/bottom of the hotel view. You have to stand in the corner of the room and look all the way to the left to see the lake (and it's just the shore). We could not find anywhere that warned you about paying $8 extra a day to park at the hotel, but there is a sign up at the hotel. The rude valet asked us if we wanted to use their service or park on our own. When we opted to park on our own, he sneered at us and said "it's still the $8 charge". He then walked off without telling us we needed a code to get into the parking lot. We had to circle back into traffic, back around the hotel, pull back in and another attendant gave us the code.

They use the excuse that they are green to not change your sheets (our two year old stained ours) unless you leave out a specific card that we didn't have, so we took the sheets off ourselves and left them in the hall. Had to do the same thing to get them to empty the trash cans. No one answered the guest services line no matter when you tried to call it from the room, day or night. When we attempted to check in, no one could tell us when our room would be ready, and then sent us to guest services, who promptly told us "that want get problem". I will never stay here again.

Original review: March 28, 2016

I am beyond disappointed with the behavior of the so called Sales Team. I signed up at the Annapolis Mall for a car give-away. Received a call from Wyndham stating I won a free vacation. Of course I did not find out the vacation wasn't totally free until the sales rep got hot under the collar because I was not interested in purchasing anything and challenged me as to why I came to the presentation. Needless to say he was about 4 seconds from being told off a bit more colorfully than me raising my voice to him and his co-worker.

His co-worker then disregarded my retired military career when I told him that I have flight benefits and available military accommodations that I need to take advantage of. They saw that they could not work me so they started in on my significant other for a high pressured sale. He basically told them that we were a package deal and he would not purchase anything unless I was agreeable to it. We kept telling them NO and finally I told him, "You have already taken up 3 hours of my time that I cannot get back because this was supposed to be 90 minutes." I basically had to tell him to give me my certificate so I could leave. I got up and started walking out.

Next we went to see a closer who asked me if the sales rep upset me because at this point I was not trying to hear anything that Wyndham said. On top of all this, my boyfriend tells me that when we were sitting there discussing the vacation package with the rep, another rep that did the initial presentation walked past him and rubbed his shoulder. How unprofessional is this whole organization. Oh, I failed to mention that the sales rep wrote a figure on paper of 42K in regards to the purchase of 160,000 points. He never really got to a bottom line price throughout the entire sales pitch. His co-worker also did not want us to see a price prior to the hook because he came by and picked up that sheet of paper and balled it up for trash.

I would not recommend this presentation to anyone because I have to say I was truly upset and that is the reason for this review. I am happy to see that others have taken the time to review the Wyndham Vacation resorts as well. Their sales team needs a lesson in customer service, honesty, professionalism and keep it short. All the small talk is not necessary. Oh, and No means No!

Original review: March 27, 2016

I filled out one of those cards in the mall that you drop in the box saying that you could win free prizes if your name is pulled. Of course, my name was pulled! Why? Because I wrote on the card that I make over $50,000 per year or more. They choose anyone that has a high salary. The person who called to tell me I was the winner of course had a ethnic accent -- Hispanic, Ukrainian, Hindu, Asian or something. It was really difficult to tell on the phone. I mean no disrespect to any of the honest people of those races and religions! It's just that corporate white crooks in this country use your people to do these types of jobs because they know you want to climb that ladder of success in America. Then I called them and spoke with a young ** kid, another of the upwardly mobile pigeons businessmen use in this country to deceive and trick people out of their cash!

Long story short, I made the appointment to come to their seminar, though they never call it that! They just say, "Come get your prizes and we will have you out of here in an hour." I want them to think I am coming just to mess them around. Hey, they are lying to people so I am returning the favor! Lol! They also ask you upfront to bring a credit card, and it can't be a debit card, it must be a credit card! They say they aren't going to need it, but you can't get the prizes without it!

The prizes are supposed to be $4,000 of free air travel tickets and a $100 gift certificate to dine at some restaurants. I looked up the restaurant vouchers and you get redirected to so many sites trying to find which one will honor it, I never did find out where they would be good for! The airline tickets have so many "subject to..." and "for participating only..." crap, you get the feeling that you will never be able to use them! It literally read like "Fly anywhere in the world as long as it's from St. Louis to East St. Louis!" Lol! Some crazy stuff! And the worst part is, we live in a country that allows this scam! Wyndham Vacation Resorts isn't an obscure name. They are well known, so it isn't like it is a Nigerian scam that the government can't track down the crooks!

Don't go to their seminar folks! I'm not! But every time they call, I am going to reschedule and tell them I had personal emergencies come up, but that I really want to do it! I am going to make them think I am really a sucker. I am going to get them to a point of exhaustion and I am going to ask the girl who's trying to con me for sex! In fact, I am going to beg her! Moral of the story is, you ** yourself out for a dishonest company, then expect to be a real ** and go all the way!

Original review: March 16, 2016

My husband and I took a vacation to Wyndham's Great Smoky Mountains and during the sales presentation we're lied to and promised financing that never happened. Now I'm stuck paying for a loan I can't afford just to maintain our good credit. Plan on getting the runaround, hung up on and basically being called a liar anytime you have a complaint. This company is after your money and they will promise anything to get it!.

Original review: March 16, 2016

This turned out to ruin our pre-paid vacation in the Pocono mountains, Pennsylvania. We've had them lie to us over the years routinely, about availability, hidden costs, benefits that never came to fruition, etc. But, this week took the cake and pushed us over the edge.... When I was checking into my timeshare (which we already own outright) we went through a presentation. We chose not to upgrade, and stay with our present paid off timeshare instead. There was a young lady named Brittany ** that wanted my wife and I to apply for a Wyndham Visa credit card.

We DEFINITELY made it known that we DO NOT want to apply for a credit card. We already have a credit card and are trying to rebuild our credit. We told her we DO NOT even want one credit ding on our credit report. Do not ruin our credit! Brittany assured us our presentation information would NOT be used to apply for any credit card. Then, in the weirdest situation ever, Brittany shows up uninvited to our timeshare door about 3 hours later asking us to sign a paper that we applied for a Wyndham Visa credit card at our earlier meeting. It was really bizarre (she even raised her voice at my wife) and once again, we said we were NOT SIGNING ANYTHING, "because we do not want your Visa card."

Then, she told my wife, "oh well, you already applied for it", and she left in a huff after arguing at our door for 15 minutes. Brittany would not take no for an answer. Brittany left with unsigned paperwork, but lo-and-behold, the next day our credit fraud protection company (Met Life Protector) notified us that there was a hard credit inquiry on my credit profile, and a credit card was being issued in my name @ a 19.99% interest rate. What an absolute illegal scam!

It is a scam and we are VERY UPSET! Our timeshare has been paid off for over ten years and since it's value is now reduced to less than $500.00 (that's correct it is worthless) we are never coming back, will forever spread the word that Wyndham is a joke, and will walk away from Wyndham and ownership forever. They can keep my deed! My wife and I are both professionals (scientist & accountant) and we have never had anything like this happen before. It was a despicable experience. Buyers please, please, please, beware...... They seem sweet, but are selling a load of **!

Original review: March 15, 2016

I went to Wyndham hotel in downtown Chicago for timeshare presentation. They ran my credit report without my authorization. I didn't say yes to the product. So unprofessional, pushy sales people. If you're invited PLEASE DO NOT GO. It's not worth it.

Original review: March 10, 2016

My wife and I have been Wyndham owners for 11 years and have enjoyed staying at most of their locations, but each time they call you in for an update on ownership and new information. This became a deception. In 2014 we were called in for a wonderful offer. We thought that Wyndham would buy back our ownership if we became dissatisfied but what they didn't tell us that our ownership had to be paid off, which was approximately $90,000. If we had know that at the beginning we would have walked out and not sat for 6 hours while the Lions circled. We fell for the idea not knowing all the details. Their intent was to wear us down until we would sign anything to get out.

In 2015, we were offered a Wyndham Vacation Resort Credit Card for payments to go through and build points that could be used to pay maintenance fees. Sounded like a good idea, but we stated over and over, due to three kids in college, we could not afford any more debt. The salesman easily added $25000 to this Credit Card. We had hired an Attorney to litigate the cancellation of our ownership and will never use their resort again in the future.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I entered into a contract with Wyndham back in July of 2015. After the 30 day waiting period I tried using the "service" and was not able to. The dates I searched for were never available. After all the frustration of being transferred so many times when I called customer service, I ended up having to pay additional money out of pocket to vacation. This company has just been taking my money for a service I cannot use. If you are offered this product do not fall for it. It is simply a scam company with a nice name. Save yourself the trouble and headaches and just find vacation deals somewhere else. Under any circumstance DO NOT accept the presentation they offer for any type of "discounts".

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information