2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

1.2/5 (111 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Just got home from Williamsburg VA. We bought a week in a 2 bedroom deluxe unit from eBay for $599. We did the same thing last year in Daytona Beach and everything went great. This year, we were talked into doing the free lunch and "gift". Let me go back and say that we tried a "trial" timeshare with Fairfield Resorts in 2003. We could never make a reservation and got the constant runaround of excuses. Every time we talked to a manager, they threw more trial points at us. We started with 138,000 and at the end of 2 years gave back over 200,000 after taking 3 hard-earned trips.

We went into the presentation open-minded and openly expressed our previous problems with Fairfield. The presenter "Leon" constantly assured us that Wyndham was nothing like Fairfield was. He and another "inventory manager" said repeatedly that Fairfield was long gone and Wyndham was the new and improved top of the line timeshare company. What they didn't realize is the chair the "manager" sat in has the old Fairfield logo on it. I guess it was kept for nostalgia or they are too cheap to throw out all the Fairfield branded items. Because of our previous concerns and the constant reminder literally looking us in the face, we declined (numerous times) and took our free gift and left.

Overall, the Williamsburg resort is beautiful. They always have activities for the kids and staff is awesome. Our only problem with their Daytona resort is it has too few elevators. If you have to get to an upper floor at 4pm or when the pool closes for the daily thunderstorm, expect it to take at least an hour. Do yourself a favor and look for deals on eBay. You can get a 2 bedroom unit with a full kitchen at any resort for less than a week at a typical hotel (2 queen beds and a dresser with a coffee maker).

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

This is our story with Wyndham. It was a relief speaking with someone in the Owners Care last Monday the 6th of May (after I left messages and calls at the Sale office at the Legacy Golf Resort. Phoenix, AZ only till Friday 3rd of May they call me back) and she tells me she is going to email me with her details? But no email from nobody in the Wyndham cares? (She didn't give me her name and I forgot to ask for. I was not feeling well that day.) Here is our information about the event. On the 23rd of April Ower Care request from us and I was going to email it but I didn't receive any email I am still waiting....???

We arrived at Legacy Golf Resort, Phoenix, Arizona from Seattle, WA on the 22nd of April. At the reception the staff was very nice and friendly we check in after we were referred to an assistant that she invited us to a free presentation for only 90 minutes of The Wyndham Vacation Destinations for the next day at 12 noon and if we go the was a gift price we can choose: one it was $120 America express check/cash or 4 free night at any location and date. We say YES! we love gifts!

On that day on Tuesday, 23rd of April 2019 we meet our sales representative. She was our salesperson who presents and introduce The Wyndham Vacation Destinations presentation. (For 90 minutes. Went for 5 hours.) She was very nice and professional. We were very impressed for all the value and the perks you get when you becoming an owner: like if we don't use all our points for that year we can roll over for the next year or other years and we can use it with our business Health Sleep Retreat and book any time anywhere in world and different locations.

We explained to our sales representative our situation, that we love travelling and we were living in London, UK for the last 17 years and we move 3 years ago to look after my husband older parents with poor health and we may need to help them financially for home care or become full time caregivers. During the week we were travelling social worker and home care coming to the house to do some assignments on how much their insurance can cover for them? (We didn't know till we come home from our travel the following week late on 30th/April.)

We said to our sales representative also, we don't have credit since we move back to the States and we were working hard to get our business up and running and no income coming yet. And we're travelling to Phoenix from Seattle for a conference with The Health Coach Institute for that week. And our sales representative asked what business do we have? And we said is in the wellness Health Coach focused on Sleep and we want also have Health and Sleep Retreats in beautiful places like Bali, Spain, Greek and Brasil. And is when another sales representative come to our table and said he was the financial expert and he can help himself to listen to our conversation with our sales representative and he asks she if she was ok to let him explain to us how much money we can save in the next 30 years!

They said we can use Wyndham Vacation Destinations for our business is ideal for Retreats because they have places in these locations we love to have our Sleep Retreats. The other sales representative makes some calculations vs paying for normal hotels and Wyndham and at that moment make sense how much you save if we have 30 years. After he a very enthusiastic sale presentation. Our sales representative shows us one-bedroom accommodation after back at the office and she introduced to her manager that day, All of us went to another room where was a big screen tv and start showing us all the places we want for our Health Retreats.

The manager asked us if he can check our credit to see if we can qualify? We explained to him what we said before to our sales representative about our situation. (See above.) He goes out of the room and in a few minutes came back saying my husband has a good credit rating! We said, "Great news, but our situation we don't know if we can afford now." The manager said, "We can give you a good deal but is only for today and you may not have another deal like this. Is only today! And don't worry if you have financial difficulties we are here to help you and you can call us any time for help and assistance!" (That is not been our case. I been calling nobody seems to help or listen???)

A moment later the enthusiastic salesperson comes to the room and explains to us that we have 6 months 0% interest before paying the high interest and we can shop around for better deals to pay the loan. We said we need time to think and the manager, our sales representative and other sales representative they said, of course, they left the room. But less than 5 minutes our sales representative and the other sales representative come to the room to ensure and remained us this amazing deal about all the benefits and perks if we buy and sing today. And we said to them again, "Need to talk between us first, please" and they left the room.

Less than 5 minutes the manager comes to the room again saying if this is because the finances we are worried about it? They are here to help!!! We said, "That is a relief. But we don't know if we can afford right now" and he says, "We are here to help!" The manager said, "I am going to give you a great discount. Instead of paying $32,000 - $12,500 discount and we only pay $19,500 (point of 126,00 a year) plus bonus points of 48,000 for two years." He said, "This deal we don't give it to anyone. This price is for employees only. This is our only chance to get this deal is today!" And the enthusiastic sales representative comes to the room and looks at the deal the manager was given to us and said "OMG in the 5 years I been working I never see this deal before. I pay this price for myself. Wow."

And we say, "Yes, ok sounds very good!" Little that we know. Tired, overwhelmed and foggy with too much information and no time to think one moment alone. We move to another room where all the papers. And is where we meet the sales quality assurance at Legacy Golf Resort she was very professional and friendly. Introduce herself and we also introduce ourself and we said, "Hope your colleagues tell you about our situation" and also that we are travelling for business for that week.

She said yes she was informed about our situation, very small talk and go right to business. She talks very fast and goes through the papers very fast. No time to think, she never mention we have to read carefully these documents before we sign and she never mention also that we have only 7 days to change our mind? Why she didn't mention this important information? This is her job! After been there for 5 hours we were very tired, overwhelmed and foggy with too much information and no time to think one moment alone with my husband. Lots of pressure without release this is happening. We sign the papers.

During our travel, we were very busy with conference HCI and arrive late on 30th/April to home close to Seattle meeting with social care, social workers, nurses and physical therapist. No time to read these documents. We become full time Caregivers and our business stop for this situation and no income! This is when I have the chance to read. Very quick I notice in the document say in bold: READ CAREFULLY THIS DOCUMENTS BEFORE SIGN. Why Channon didn't tell us to do it? Why??? And: You have 7 days from the day you sign. Why she didn't tell us? Why??? This is how this company do business?? No regards for people's circumstances. Only SALE, SALE NO MATTER WHAT??

I right away call sales representative. Left several message till Friday 3rd/May. Spoke with Channon and that she will try to help us but no warranty, and she will call me back the next day. Next day Saturday 4th/May no calls. I call again the sale quality assurance at Legacy Golf Resort. I left a message on Saturday and she calls me on Sunday 5th/May the only she said was she can't help us then I have to call Owners Care at 800 251 8736 number. I call Monday 6th/May this it was all automating answering, no real person.

I call back the Phoenix office and is when I spoke with a really nice person. I am very sorry I didn't take his name. He was the manager for Monday the 6th/May at that office. He spoke with someone to help me to resolve this situation and he transfer my call to Owners Care and are where I spoke one of the assistance/employee that person she tells me that she will email me with her name and email details? NO email from nobody?? (She didn't give her name and I forgot to ask for. I was not feeling well.)

Is now a week and I been calling 8 times. Spoke with 4 different people that transfer me to different departments and no one seems to help?? And left 2 voice mail. This numbers I call today Monday 13th of May 2019: 3 calls at (800) 251-8736. 4 calls at (407) 967-4717. 1 left message (602) 305-5568. 1 left message (602) 618-6116. No answers, no calls, no help???

After so many, many, many, many emails and calls to owner care since April till 1st of August when I finally I spoke with a senior care specialist she said she can't help us to cancel the agreement. She didn't consider our emotional stress or financial situation and is our fault and responsibility to sign the documents and the bills will come and if we don't pay is go to collectors! And I say to her, "Can you give us another solution? We are full time caregivers and no income? Can you please help us?" And she "says NO". And I say to her: "clearly a dishonest and unethical practice. We thought Wyndham was an upstanding, forthright company with ethical values, but clearly, they are willing to mislead customers simply to get the sale." We are seeking for help! We know we have rights as consumers!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2019

The employees who work at the resorts taking care of the customers are excellent. Those taking the calls for exchanges are also excellent. However, Wyndham CEO Michael Brown condones, and thus encourages, the timeshare sales’ representatives to both deceive customers and lie to customers. Wyndham Destinations Core Values: WRITTEN FICTION: REALITY. A. Act with Integrity: DECEIVE the Customers. B. Respect Everyone: LIE to the Customers. C. Improve our Customer’s Lives: Do Whatever it takes to make the sale and screw the towner.

I can't accuse the CEO and his Timeshare Sales Reps as being corrupt as that would insinuate that they are doing such things as taking bribes. However, words such as deceitful, unethical, liar, dishonorable, devious, immoral, unprofessional, improper, unworthy, shady, crooked, etc. certainly apply to the leadership of Wyndham Destinations and all of its employees associated with the Timeshare Sales Group no matter what timeshare location you visit.

Whatever they tell you is at least borderline false, if not a flat out lie. If you decide to actually buy a timeshare from WD, you better bring an attorney and make sure that every word is read. In my case, they either accidentally or intentionally left out a key page in the 70 page document provided to me. They said they were recording the document signing process but somehow can't find the recording. I own other timeshares and have never been treated as dishonestly as Wyndham Destinations has treated me. My advice; you're better off buying anywhere else. As matter of fact, you would get more value owning a porta-john in a swamp than you would be having to deal with this dishonest unethical company. Remember, "a fish rots at the head first." Very applicable to Wyndham Destinations.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I recently stayed at a Wyndham hotel on a business trip. A couple weeks later I get a call from a Wyndham salesman telling me about a great offer in a timeshare. I thanked him for the offer and told him I wasn't interested (I'm not the type to just hang up on people). After about 7 more times of telling him I wasn't interested, the conversation turned to a yelling match until he finally hung up on me. I will not be staying at any more Wyndham hotels.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

While drinking at our local harbor walk, we were approached by a sales rep. Offering one free week vacation if we attended a presentation. We went to the meeting (with drinks in hand). Davin (sales rep) asked if we had alcohol, to which we said yes. He proceeded to say we should say we had not been if anyone asks, and he disregarded what we said. Many times, throughout the presentation he showed us how we can take multiple vacations by buying the minimal point value. Towards the end of the presentation they pitched the "Black Friday Deal" and we could only do it then and not later on. They also offered us a free tablet. We were told we would be able to pass it on to our children and after once it was paid off it would be like vacationing for free.

Moving forward to present day, we have not been able to go on one single trip. Every single time we are on the phone we wait for more than an hour to speak with someone who can’t even help us. We are tired of being told we don't have the right package or there is nothing available. When we purchased this, we were told we could go anywhere at any time! Maintenance fees have only gone up when we were told they would stay the same! We have a baby on the way and paying for something we can’t even use is ridiculous! Why would we want to bring a baby into this world if we have to worry about this timeshare that has only brought stress on us. We are done using it (actually haven’t even used it one single time) and won’t even try anymore. We want out and our lives back!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

We purchased this timeshare because of the promise of increased ability to vacation with our kids or even get away alone every once now and then. It's been absolutely the opposite. It's impossible to navigate the system, dates are always blocked out through the owner site but available on public sites, membership doesn't even cover vacation so you have to upgrade to get any use out of it, and the customer service provided is abysmal. We regret this purchase so much and wish there was a way out of it.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I've never experienced ANYTHING like this before, and it's hard to believe that this company operates legally. EVERYTHING they tell you is a lie, and they twist the lies to make it seem like a smart investment. I should have known better after a "30-minute meeting" kept me there for 4+ hours. To make matters worse, I asked to go to my room to get my credit card, and they FOLLOWED ME TO MY ROOM! It's creepy and very inappropriate. At the time I thought they were providing great customer service, but come to find out they wanted to make sure I didn't get away before signing my life away.

I've even attended "update" meetings under the understanding my questions and concerns would be answered. Instead, they just try and sell you more points. I have concerns that aren't being addressed, why on earth would I upgrade to more points?! They also did an unauthorized hard-hit on my credit, after I specifically asked them not to. I have been taken advantage of and lied to. The list goes on and on about why this timeshare is the worst decision I've ever made. The way they lie to people and prey on them is inappropriate and should be illegal.

Original review: July 29, 2019

I originally purchased a vacation package at one of their resorts (Myrtle Beach) for a wedding I was attending. The wedding was canceled. I did have the option to rebook at a different Wyndham timeshare resort but every time I inquired either the Wyndham timeshare resort I was inquiring about wasn’t in their inventory (Daytona Beach, how can it not be, it a Wyndham timeshare resort?) or they didn’t have one in the location I was inquiring about (Boston or another time I asked if they had anywhere available in Colorado or Wyoming), or they did such as Chicago but it all booked. Just a complete waste of time and money with no option for a refund.

Original review: July 22, 2019

When I was manipulated into purchasing my timeshare on October 2, 2018, I initially told the Wyndham representative that I was not interested but my friend was. I told my friend that I would go to the presentation with her, but again, I wasn't interested in purchasing anything. While we were walking to the property, the young man told us to make sure that one of us makes $60,000 per year in order to qualify FOR A FREE VACATION. Well, my friend is on disability pay and makes nowhere near that, so the young man looked at me. I told him that I was not interested, but I also don't make $60,000 per year. He then told us to just write down $60,000 anyways because Wyndham never checks that, and he wanted us to get our FREE VACATION.

Well long story short, I ended up purchasing a timeshare instead of my friend. Now that I have investigated this, I found out that the $60,000 per year was not for the FREE VACATION, it was to qualify TO PURCHASE THE TIMESHARE. I have attached my 2017 Income Tax Statement and the Terms and Conditions to qualify to purchase a Wyndham timeshare. I would like you to investigate this and let me know the steps I need to take to get this cancelled with a full refund. Thank you, Amy **

Original review: July 22, 2019

While in Las Vegas in 5/2017 we walking into our hotel looking for the front desk and a guy who looked like a bellhop approached us saying he could take us to the front desk. He actually ended up taking us to a Wyndham booth. We did not care about that because we literally just got there. They persuaded to listen with 2 free show tickets and a free lunch the next day. The next day we went down to the lobby for the lunch and ended up having to take a ride in a bus with other people to a different location. When we arrived it was a presentation for Wyndham. First thing the "lunch" was actually a snack. We sat through a 30 min presentation and after spent the next 4 hours talking to many different representatives. We wanted to leave but we couldn't because we rode with other people in the bus. Ms. Jensine ** was our sales rep and very pushy and wouldn’t take no for an answer. We couldn’t wait to get out of there!

By the time we got back to the hotel we felt so tired and out of it. Going over the paperwork when we got home, we see that you can’t have a pet with you when we specifically told Jensine that would be the only way we could sign on. She said, “You could bring your pet with you.” Lies. On top of it we have only been able to take one trip because we can never book anything!! We absolutely do not like this decision we made and wish we would have never gone to that “lunch."

Original review: July 19, 2019

We bought this timeshare in Las Vegas, June 2014. We were persuaded to attend a presentation and receive free gifts and a free Helicopter tour. They told us they would provide us transportation and it would only take 45 min to do it. When we got to the presentation, we ate some snacks while a sales rep, spoke very fast to everyone. They stated the whole time how it was such "a great investment" and "would never deteriorate". The maintenance fees were never mentioned at all in the presentation! They told us we would be able to book anywhere, anytime and never have any issues booking.

This "investment" has been the worst decision we have made! We don't want this being passed onto our kids either! We spoke with Wendy **. She stated she was brand new with Wyndham, but knew it was a great "investment". She couldn't answer one of our questions. She noticed we were getting frustrated, so she excused herself from the table and brought Dave ** to the table. He was so good at his job (lying) that he convinced us of this "investment" we went for it. He went and checked if our credit could be approved. He came back and stated we were but come to find out he signed us up for a loan through PayPal and never asked us for permission to do it! He was so convincing that we felt blindsided. We waited for 5 hours for the paperwork and contract to be printed. We just wanted to leave and forget it happened. This has been nothing but a burden for our family and wish we could take that day back.

Original review: July 19, 2019

So here's the deal. I'm very familiar with Wyndham Vacation Presentations. I honestly sign up once a year to get the deal on 3 nights 4 days for $2-$3 hundred just to sit through a presentation and then get a cash card for $2 hundred. It's an easy way to take a family vacation for really cheap. Now, I know to continuously say no over and over again or sometimes I tell the presenter "look I'm going to tell you upfront don't put your best sales pitch because I'm going to say no and not buy" and usually the presenters are cool and don't push too hard. Look everyone, I'm laid back, super cool, nonjudgmental, and really chill. I really like people and I give off chill vibes. Presenters sense that and pick up on it so it's me being usually in and out when it comes to the presentations, and I can then enjoy the rest of my vacation.

But this summer the "whoever" that comes in after the presenter is told no and that "whoever" tries to see if they have a chance to sell me. Well, after my presenter was told no, this heavy set ** half baldheaded guy comes in and says "okay here's what you're buying." I'm like "huh, um excuse me, but sir I'm not buying anything."

Wait wait. I forgot one part. So let me backup. So at the very beginning of the presentation this same fat overweight bald headed ** dude like interrupts my presenter by coming over and introducing himself and tries to give a quick sales pitch. After he walks off me and my daughter were like that was rude. I asked the presenter, "You okay with ol' boy just interrupting your sales pitch." The presenter, a young liberal ** kid, was like "oh he just making sure I'm doing my job." I'm like "Whatever bro. That was rude and a bit startling." Like seriously dude just came out of nowhere, but whatever. I didn't think much of it (at the time).

Okay so back to my complaint. So yea, when my presenter is done he's sitting there really quiet and the fat ** guy is like "oh you're buying this today." I'm being super chill but stern "no sir I'm not." He says very militant-like (like I'm a child) and I'm dead serious, "yes you are." I"m flabbergasted and my heart starts racing. I'm let him go through his spiel and as he is doing so I look at the young ** kid and he looks at me and he gives me the I'm so sorry look. But yea I stick w/ my guns and I keep saying no. The fat guy finally says, "Why?"

Now I later that evening when I returned to the hotel I talked to the Wyndham Rep there and told her the whole story and she says what people don't realize is that at any time in the presentation if they feel the presenters are being aggressive and making them uncomfortable we have the right to say, "No thank you" and leave. Yes we can get our tickets or free whatever it is but as long as we sign the paper declining the offer. We can even ask for the manager on site. But if you get up and just leave without signing the papers you don't get the free whatever and you can be charged the full costs for the hotel. So sign the papers declining and ask for a copy of it. Yes you can do all that.

Okay back to the story. So the fat bald headed ** guy says, "Why?" I give him some b.s. answer and sign the papers. Now this bald headed ** guy gets really mad and upset that I'm saying no. Look I don't care at that point so I leave and get my $2 hundred cash card. The next day when I was sitting on the beach to one of the guests told me that they were there on a Wyndham Vacation Package and had the same fat ** guy interrupt them during their presentation and give the same spiel about how he was military and blah blah blah, however, he wasn't aggressive with them but they did said he was annoying and came off like a **. Will I do this again. ABSOLUTELY I SURE I WILL but now I know if the presenter is becoming aggressive and too pushy I can demand to sign the papers declining the offer and just leave and also ask to speak to the manager on site.

Original review: July 19, 2019

We were staying in Las Vegas during Christmas last year. There was a Wyndham booth to where they were giving away free play, dinner, and free breakfast buffet only if we went to tour a property. We agreed and it was scheduled for Christmas Eve day. We decided it seemed legit, so we went ahead and checked it out. When we got there, they took our license and personal information. They went on with the presentation. They went over payments. There were other people there too and they looked to be signing up, so we were pressured to do the same. Not to mention this presentation lasted over 5 hours! On our way home from the trip we did the math and went over everything and realized we had been scammed. You can't even book in advance! We wish we never made this mistake and do not recommend this company to anyone. They only tell you lies.

Original review: July 18, 2019

We sat through a presentation and should have never let them open two credit cards for us, then immediately put charges on them. We should have walked out. No, we should have RUN away, because they made it personal and played on my emotions. (Slick, they speak only to the weaker of the couple.) We tried to cancel three times right after we purchased, but Wyndham refused to cancel, insisting we take a vacation, first. This was a ploy to get us passed our rescission period on the contract, which was initially glossed over, mentioned in a whisper. They told us our points would always be accumulating. However, from online research, the points lose value and the resorts go up in cost of points! They leave that out!

It’s difficult to schedule reservations. We were told there were no blackout dates, yet, the one time we wanted to go, it was booked. No one can give me any straight answers, just that we signed the papers. (Yes, I know.) Wyndham, also, never told us the maintenance fees will perpetually increase, every year, even though they told us fees had not gone up in years. Again, they leave that out! Now we are stuck with increasing maintenance fees and a high interest “mortgage”. Trying to convince them that we want out of the contract is very stressful. Wyndham looks at us as money, and not people who have lives. Illnesses and pay cuts at our jobs don’t matter. They are cold and unwilling to release us from this huge, monetary burden. Stay away from Wyndham Timeshares!

Original review: July 18, 2019

On our first day of vacation in Las Vegas, we were approached in the lobby of the Luxor Hotel by someone that asked if we would like free tickets to a show. We were interested of course. We were directed to the front desk and looking back on it we were being treated like we were being interviewed. As the conversation progressed, we were offered tickets to the Blue Man Group, Cirque Du Soleil, and a Titanic exhibit. We decided to attend the presentation that would take us a few miles away. When we arrived, we were provided breakfast when a rep came to our table. The large group that came in with us were moving into the presentation, but we were having a "personal presentation."

He told us about a trip that he and his family took across the country and they were able to stay only in WorldMark locations and it didn’t cost them any extra for lodging, leading us to believe that the availability of properties was much better than it has turned out to be. He also went over all the different places we can go with our ownership. The whole experience took over 4 hours! During the signing process, we were interrupted many times by phone calls, people coming around to shaking hands. Looking back, just seems like we were being distracted. Not once in the three years we have been able to book a single trip. We have tried so many times to book and they have always been booked out for 12 months in advance. Overall this "great investment" has only been a nightmare to deal with. Fool me once, shame on you - fool me twice, shame on me. No thank you.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I am livid and pissed off. My husband and I decided to go to one of Wyndham’s presentation so we can get free tickets to go to all of the attractions at Myrtle Beach, SC. However, when it came down to the tour we had to turn it down because of an emergency (so we forfeit our tickets and just left). Anyhow fast forward to 19 days later, my husband gets a letter thanking him and congratulated him on opening a credit card account for $20,000 for their Wyndham vacation club credit account. WTFFF!!! We are on the phone now trying to figure out why the hell is a credit card open without his consent and knowledge??? DO NOT TRUST WYNDHAM! I REPEAT DO NOT TRUST WYNDHAM!!!!

Original review: July 17, 2019

We first came on in 2006 when we received an offer for a weekend getaway to Six Flags, San Antonio but only if we attended a 90min presentation that ended up being a 5h ordeal! Throughout the presentation they convinced us this was the best way to vacation, but we were mistaken. We normally planned last minute but after a few years of difficulty booking we had to change. Every time we would go on our trips someone would come to our condo and try to tell us our ownership wasn't "up to date". That just meant they wanted us to spend more money. We are tired of being tricked and lied to! Do not purchase this timeshare!

Original review: July 17, 2019

This company plays some wicked games! We originally signed the four of us to a contract in July 2018 in Myrtle Beach, SC. In November of that same year in Williamsburg, VA while vacationing for Thanksgiving, they told us in order for all four of us to be on the contract we would need to resign. We trusted the salesman and did this. They never told us that our payments would more than double which we did not find out until we got the first statement. What a shock! When signing the first contract we were all involved and recorded on camera, we were all four on the contract so this was a means to get us to sign a new more expensive contract.

During the resign, they told us that the maintenance fees could be offset by the points, but again left out the financial cost of this "benefit." Another cost they refused to tell us was the cost to use the RCI. We pay money for these benefits but then we have to pay money again when you go to try to use these benefits. Money, money, money!

Original review: July 15, 2019

I have been a Wyndham owner for over 13 years, and have never had such a bad experience as I did on my last vacation. The Wyndham properties are very nice and comfortable, and I have always enjoyed my stay. We were looking for something to do for our 28th wedding anniversary and decided to accept offer to tour the property at Clear Water Beach, The Wyndham Grand. We purchased to package because it seemed like a good deal, and we did not have to use our points. We even purchased additional days to extend our vacation.

While making these reservations, I clearly told the sales representative, that I wanted to stay at a Wyndham property, or I would not be interested in purchasing this package. We had a bad experience in the past, and did not want to ruin our anniversary staying in a low rated hotel. The representative Assured us, that we would stay on the property and would be required to listen to a 90 minute Sales presentation. We were fine with that. We even purchased additional days to celebrate our anniversary. When I went to book my trip, I was told that we could not stay at Wyndham Grand, and that the salesperson should not have told us that. I was not happy that they did not tell us the truth, just to get the sale. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was told that no one was available to speak with me and that the Hotel that we was staying at was very nice.

We decided to go on with our plans and give it a try. This was a big mistake. We we arrived at the Quality Hotel in Clearwater Beach it was a nightmare. I immediately called Wyndham and requested a refund. I was given the runaround, and had to find somewhere else to stay on my own. No supervisor would get on the phone to speak with me, I repeatedly ask to speak with someone who could help us find somewhere to stay. We were clearly on our own.

We eventually found somewhere decent to stay, on our own, because we spent a lot of money on our flight and had 5 days before our flight back home. After several phone calls to Wyndham on my vacation, someone finally listened to me and refunded my money for the package because the representative lied to us to Get a sale. I had the recording number of our conversation and asked that someone listen to what we were told about staying on the property. This is not a good sales practice that Wyndham have in place. The representatives are very aggressive and misleading. I am still waiting for a call from a supervisor 2 weeks later, to apologize for what we went through on our anniversary. I have referred many friends and family members to Wyndham whom are now owners. This has left a bad taste in my mouth.

Original review: July 14, 2019

I posted the below complaint on Wyndham's owner care site over 2 weeks ago, and have yet to hear ANYTHING back from them. Just goes to show that once you sign your soul to them, they have NO desire to help you out! If I could save ONE person from signing this contract, PLEASE DO NOT SIGN IT! It's a black hole you can NEVER get out of!

I am very aggravated with my experience with Wyndham timeshares. When I originally signed up with my timeshare, one of the main sales pitches was that I would have great access to go to Disney World (we have children). I am frustrated that the sales people targeted what they knew would get me to sign, but now find it's virtually impossible to go on the vacation we want. First, the availability is nearly inexistent (after being told we'd have open availability), secondly, even if there was availability, I don't have nearly enough points to take my family (after upgrading, I was told I'd have plenty of points). All of this is really starting to feel like a scam. I have tried reaching out to the salesmen but have had no luck with that whatsoever. It's like they got my money, and now want nothing to do with me. It's completely unacceptable. I want to know what Wyndham is going to do about it.

Original review: July 12, 2019

July 2019. Boy what a slap in the face did I just get from Wyndham… After my wife had her latest stroke, we were not going to be able to use our points for the then current year. I decided to use the rental program to recover some money from the points/fees. I went through all the hoops and got a rental made in February for an April check-in. Everything confirmed! In July, after not getting any money or hearing anything I spend about 5 hours on the phone (BTY, their IVR systems just hangs up on you after so long and you have to call back in and start the wait all over again).

Well the rep said he had to transfer the inquiry to another department and they would get back to me – DIDN’T – so another call to find out: The renter (non-owner) cancelled – I was not notified and LOST my points (whole years’ worth) AND NO payment! But the renter got his money back!!! So that program is a SHAME! So, I call to transfer this year’s points to maintenance fees and find out the rental BS cost me my ONE annual transaction fee (3rd lost) and I had to pay a fee to do another transfer… So, I LOSE THREE times but the non-owner had no problems!!! This is one example of how Wyndham treats it owners – DON’T BUY WYNDHAM and if you already made that mistake for sure DON’T USE THE RENTAL PROGRAM!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

If you’re thinking about purchasing a timeshare with Wyndham, please reconsider! The sales meetings are exhausting and drag on for hours. When I initially purchased, one of your sales representatives told me if I decided I didn’t want this timeshare any longer, Wyndham would buy it back from me, and I could walk away. No problem. That wasn’t the first time a sales representative told me that. When it came time to upgrade, I had my husband with me, and another sales rep told us the same thing. What irritates us the most is our experience in Daytona, Florida. We were stuck in the south tower at our Daytona resort, and it was dirty and smelled terrible. We could not even sit on the balcony because smokers were always outside smoking. These were allegedly non-smoking resorts.

I am sensitive to cigarette smoke and experienced breathing issues. Our complaints to management were not addressed or solved. Our beds have been uncomfortable; the sheets did not fit on the bed and wouldn’t remain on the mattress. There were no accommodations in many places that we needed to go. It was just a lousy experience all the way around. We were always made to feel like we could get out of this if we wanted to. It turns out Wyndham buying it back and repurchasing the deed was an outright lie. If you ever want out, you’re essentially stuck with the timeshare. The sales reps will also give you free things to lure you in. If it sounds too good to be true, IT IS!

Original review: July 11, 2019

Sat through a 3+hour presentation. After going through all of the details decided not to buy. We were taken to the back to speak with someone else and given 300,000 "free" vacation points to use. 2 months later received phone call from bank we never heard of. We were 2 pts behind on the Wyndham Vacation Club. It has been hell trying to get this sorted out and at this point our credit is shot because we refuse to pay for something we didn’t want. The representative wears you down and you're so tired that you don't know what you're signing. This is ridiculous. We will never even stay in any Wyndham owned property. This has caused stress and and strain. DON'T DO IT!!!!

Original review: July 9, 2019

After checking in at the Emerald Grande Resort in Destin, Florida, we had MAJOR issues with the room. Upon meeting with a Wyndham Resort employee and going over these issues they tried to get me to purchase additional points by lying and misleading me and promising me things that I knew would never happen!!! They do not answer any calls once you turn them down and they become unreachable!! Do not purchase ANYTHING from this company as they just are concerned with a sale for commission.

Original review: July 9, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. We were in Branson, MO for a family vacation. While picking up our tickets, we got roped into doing a Wyndham timeshare presentation. We wanted to see another show and the clerk said that if we did the presentation we could get a discount on another show. I thought okay why not, it's just a two hour tour and we will say no. We went to the fancy schmancy resort where we were told "No pressure at all, if it's not for you I'll get you back to your vacation." He did his spiel, showed us a 5 star, way beyond what we would want condo, and then sat down to crunch some numbers. During the entire thing my husband kept saying this is not for us.

Finally during the number crunching my husband told them NO multiple times and he got up and left. We didn't even get to see what we would have paid, we didn't want to proceed. They DON'T LISTEN TO YOU! They keep coming up with more and more deals. When I said no, they brought in ANOTHER person for more deals. Again "NO!!!" During this time my husband was fuming out at the car, all I wanted to do was get my show tickets and leave, but they make it almost impossible to finally leave. They want to show you more, talk more, more deals. Plus it took longer than just two hours. It was a good thing the show was fantastic to make up for it. The joke of the week was "At least you are not listening to a timeshare presentation." NEVER NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!!! Next time I'll pay full price for my tickets.

Original review: July 8, 2019

I booked a with them 6/10/19 and was charged that day $430 for a reservation 3 weeks out. I canceled the next day 6/11/19 and was told they would refund it. 2 weeks later I called in and they said they would hand feed the refund... A week later... the same story. Today 7/8/19 I called again and spoke with a supervisor. I was told AGAIN they hand fed the refund today and would receive it. Total crooks. NEVER AGAIN. That’s too bad for them because we travel a lot.

Original review: July 5, 2019

If I wrote our whole horrific story thus far, it would take me all day. So, to make a long story short. We were conned into this presentation and then told it would only be $350 total monthly, never got to read our contract, never got to be alone even when we asked to be, and then given the runaround when we tried to cancel only 14 days after!!! I see multiple reviews say they had a 30 day window and that is what we were told by the salesmen, but that suddenly changed to 10 days! How can that even be legal!? 10 days to make a life altering decision! We should've definitely read these reviews before we ever went to the presentation. We are now paying almost $600 monthly on something that we can’t even find rooms for the next two vacations were taking so it’s pretty well useless! Someone needs to SUE these people for fraudulent sales! LIARS! CHEATS! TERRIBLE HUMANS! DO NOT DO IT!!!!

Original review: July 2, 2019

My sister and I were visiting Gatlinburg, TN when we went to Walmart and saw some brochures for fun things to do. We wanted to go to the Dolly Parton dinner show and the gentleman who sold the tickets told us we had to sit through a presentation by Wyndham in order to get the tickets. We went and were escorted by Rick ** to a table and said "You can tell me yes or no, but if you say you need time to think about it then I have to report to the man sitting over there (pointed to the office) and then I'll be in trouble." He then proceeded to tell us the "Wyndham Experience." My sister and I wanted to have a private discussion to talk about it and he would not let us be alone! We were so frustrated. At that point my blood sugar was getting low because I'm a diabetic. I asked if we could go get some food and we would come back. We had every intention of doing so. Mr. ** told us no and gave us small snacks.

More and more people came to our table and we just wanted to go. The ONLY reason we agreed to this is because we both were feeling so sick and needed to leave. At no time where we allowed to read over the contract! The lady who was getting us to sign it said, "she had to leave soon." We were told by Mr. ** that if at any time we need to discuss the contract to contact him. Never heard anything from him again!

Once we got home, we had a chance to really sit and read it over and realized we couldn't do it. We tried calling and calling for assistance and there was nobody to help. We finally got ahold of someone and they told us we were 3 days after the 30-day period to cancel. Now we know why nobody was answering our calls. They wanted to wait until after our 30 days. They now tell us "not our problem." We have both had to get second jobs because I am on social security and Disability. Our experience with Wyndham has been nothing but being bullied and manipulated. We are wanting to end this.

Original review: July 2, 2019

On August 9, we were in Myrtle Beach shopping at Barefoot Landing Boardwalk, we approached what we thought was a newsstand. There was an advertising for free tickets to any of the listed venues, if we agreed to go to a 1 hour presentation just down the road. We attended the presentation, leaving our daughter in the hotel we were staying at, telling her we would be back in an hour and a half. We met with Brantley ** a sales rep. who was very personable. He said he was an officer, but came on with Wyndham full time. He also stated that he had a timeshare with Wyndham and he had taken 3 trips within that year already. He told us we could go to our dream spots like Hawaii, Australia and Disney at no additional costs.

He also told us we had "great booking power" because of the great Wyndham name. Looking back at that, it makes me laugh! Once we were done touring the property, we sat down with what felt like 10 different people. We couldn't keep up with who is who. I was part of the conversation, but my name was not included on the paperwork because I didn't have I.D. with me. Yet when they wanted a downpayment, they wanted to use my credit card and the presentation actually lasted 4 hours! We went to Jon **'s office to finish up paperwork and he gave us a free tablet that has never even been used because we can't book anything. As the payments started rolling through we received them in 3 different bills, from 3 different addresses. When we called to have this explained, we can never get anyone on the phone! This has been an absolute disaster of an experience and would not wish it on anyone.

Original review: July 1, 2019

I have never even used this timeshare! By far the worst decision was to listen to those salespeople. You get sucked into it and feel like you can’t leave until you sign up! I have been trying to get out of this torment and got in contact with Ileana ** and she is absolutely terrible! She contacts me and wants to set up a call with me and I gave her times to speak. She missed our scheduled call 4 times! After that I told her to email me moving on because she clearly couldn't keep her word on calling me. I have yet to receive a response from her. Wyndham preaches about "customer service" and "quality" but they are the worst scammers out there! For anyone who wants to know if they should look into buying this, DONT! They dont care about you at all, they only want their money!

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information