1.1/5 (98 ratings)

About Wyndham Vacation Resorts

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Wyndham Vacation Resorts?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

On July 4, 2018, we made the mistake of attending a Timeshare presentation near our home at the Wyndham Corporate Center in North Myrtle Beach, SC. There was a lot of excitement in the very full room. Questions asked and answered seemed perfect to further Wyndham’s case. Despite our caution about purchasing a timeshare we gave them a fair hearing. The sales manager said he was a friend of my recently deceased son which took us very much off guard. The extent to which that influenced our decision can be seen in text messages with my son-in-law at the time we were in the sales presentation, where I stated that I didn’t believe a friend of my recently deceased son would take advantage of his still grieving parents. My son managed a restaurant which provided some catering services for Wyndham.

After all was said and done, we bought the timeshare. Our purpose was to have accommodations near here for relatives who visited. If all that was said by the salespeople was the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, we would have been happy with the purchase. It became apparent as we found time to pore through the voluminous documents that they provided that there were a lot of hidden fees. There were other important items that should have been but were not disclosed to us. Our intended use came with a lot of catches.

They soon offered us a way to offset the maintenance fees by sitting in on presentations. That explained all the excitement and why the questions and answers seemed perfect. They had ringers filling all the empty seats, creating excitement and pushing the Wyndham line! Now, since we live near their presentation center, they wanted us to do the same.

We had tried to make reservations for the timeshare on 2 different occasions and there was nothing available. We decided to call them on it and requested the contract be cancelled due to their deceptive practices. After several letters back and forth, they flatly declined and believed their deceptive practices were perfectly fine and legal.

It was after a few months of this that we became aware of their most egregious deception of all. My son’s boss told us Chris was not friendly with Wyndham management. To the contrary, he said that Chris had battled with their management because of their poor treatment of his drivers! That revelation put us into battle mode, determined to hold them accountable for using a pretend friendship with my recently deceased son to put grieving parents off guard and gain their trust. This cannot stand unanswered! That’s why we’re spreading the word. If you agree that a large corporation should not be allowed to get away with these sleazy tactics (I won’t dignify them by calling them sales practices), please pass this on. Let everyone know how despicable they are.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

The Timeshare Sales People will lie and say they just need to do a soft inquiry, do not give them your social!!! They took mine and my wife's then actually opened a freaking account without my knowledge!!!! They should be arrested!!! Shame on Seaworld for allowing them to promote through the park.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

Let’s just keep this short and sweet. If a company can not deliver on the expectations they set for a presentation. How are they going to treat you when you are a client? Presentation was 3 hours long before we walked out so it could have well went into 4 hours. Vacation certificate, and points promised were not given. The guy doing our presentation was awesome. Not his fault at all for the failure on the corporation side.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2019

We are owners. We went to Sevierville TN in June 2019. And our experience with Sevierville TN's salespeople were Horrible at best. We were told about Wyndham's opinion poll and credit card, Wyndham's salsa people said if you use both or 1 of these programs then it would pay for our loan which Would be paying them back with Wyndham's own money (Wyndham's salespeople own words). We were told we would have enough points accrued that it would pay our loan and pay $100 of our maintenance fees. All lies to get us to buy more pionts. We contacted Wyndham's Customer Care and after waiting 3 months to see if they would work with us? We were told, "Sorry we aren't going to do anything". This company has liars, crocks and No integrity salespeople and Wyndham doesn't Care!!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

The resorts are nice... But the company financing and sales experience is horrible. Our first experience testing the Club Wyndham system was met with "an opportunity to review our services". What that translates to is we wasted hours of what we intended to be using as vacation time into pushy salesmen that try every dirty trick in the book. We have leftover points, but are dreading the "chance to review our services". It should read "we're going to pin you down, have a salesman waste your time, and drill into you".

Following that, we spent the Wyndham points on a Wyndham hotel... That turned out to be the most disgusting place I've seen in a long time. We ended up purchasing another motel. It was so bad. That experience can be chalked up under the motel management. But, it adds to the whole Wyndham experience. By the time we left there we didn't want to stay at any Wyndham hotel.

To add insult to injury, the "trial" was partially financed. Months down the road we get some strange credit card bill and a negative hit on my credit. Apparently the financing was through a credit card that was tied into our debit. When our debit cards changed it sent the billing into a spiral. I thought we were paying Wyndham, but they are charging against a credit card that refused the Wyndham payment. I had a hard time tracking down what was going where. So now I have 2 accounts to deal with and negative hits to my credit. After this transaction is complete I have no intention of dealing with Wyndham resort or hotel. I strongly recommend any would be customer to comb through the details and verify where they stay.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

My husband and I were roped into the "Club Wyndham" timeshare presentation our first day in town after being stopped at a kiosk on the San Antonio Riverwalk. When we admitted that we didn't have plans for the next day, we were told that for $40 they would give us two boat tickets, a certificate for a carriage ride, and two $25 vouchers for dinner, good for a select group of restaurants in the area. The only catch? We had to go to an hour and a half "tour" at the Wyndham resort. Now, we are not stupid, although possibly a little naive, so we quickly realized that the "tour" would be more of a sales pitch, but we decided to approach it as a new experience.

The next day, after arriving at Wyndham, we met with Ronald along with his trainee, Carlos. We were taken to a little round table in a loud, crowded room full of other unfortunate souls undergoing the same process as we were. Ronald, who promised us a "shortened version" after finding out that this trip was a small anniversary getaway for us, quickly changed his attitude from friendly and amicable to insulting when realizing that we were not going to be swayed to spend $100,000 on a timeshare (35% down and monthly payments of over $1200).

Our reasonings: our work schedules do not allow us to vacation enough to make the program worth it, and we currently have a much different set of priorities than the ones he wanted us to have (our focus is on renovating our home and starting a family). Ol' Ronald tried his very best to manipulate and twist our words by implying that we must care more about our jobs than each other. When that REPEATED tactic didn't work, he then tried a much different and, quite frankly surprising, angle.

Basically, we were taking advantage of poor Wyndham's trust and time. They are so kind enough to promise us these "gifts", but they are still a business and need to see a return. He even went so far as to step away to look up our information and make sure that we were telling the truth about this being our first presentation, then making it a point of telling us this! He said, "ok, you were telling the truth, that looks good for you." At this point, the whole situation had become so ridiculous, that I had to laugh. This guy, obviously, and despite assurance to the contrary, was taking our refusal so personally and offensively that he really could not hide it.

I hope that poor Carlos, who said nothing throughout the entire exchange, and, at times, may have even been asleep, was taking Ronald's tactics and performance as what not to do. Besides his absolute rudeness, he answered questions for us with the answers he wanted us to give, employed some interesting math skills and produced numbers that were questionable, at best, and took long pregnant, and extremely confusing pauses where I suppose we were expected to have some kind of epiphany in which we would exclaim, "Ronald, you beautiful brilliant man, you are so right! No one can do this for us, except us! We will take two!"

After Ronald had finally had enough of the standoff, he passed us on to his boss, who had a much better personality, attitude, as well as some more reasonable offers. Now, even though these deals could have matched our needs better, I was so angry at this point that I would've said no to them giving me a resort. We were, finally, and after the full hour and a half, released to someone to get us checked out. But guess what.... Nope! This dude was simply trying to sell us on an "even better deal"! Several more NO's later, we were actually released to an innocent cashier who handed over our well-earned vouchers. Well, after all of it, I got a steak for dinner and a good life lesson. Never again, Wyndham, never again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

We signed up to go to a sales pitch. The man working the booth said he was the top salesperson for Wyndham. He had said after the 90 min pitch we would get to stay at any Wyndham property so we said Anaheim would be fine. Then two weeks later we show up for the sales pitch and then told that the guy lied about the trip and we would only get Oregon or Washington. Then we asked about the guy that lied to us and was told he doesn’t work for Wyndham anymore. So the two salesmen talked us into buying three days in Anaheim saying that they were sorry about being lied.

I asked them if there was any strings to the trip and they said no to just enjoy the trip. Then they lied to us again because when we called to make the reservation even though we paid for the stay we would still have to do the sales pitch. When I asked about the two salesmen guess what? They no longer work for Wyndham, I guess in their training they are All trained to lie to you to get you to sign the papers.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

If I could rate 0 I would. Wyndham is the absolute worst company I have ever come in contact with! We purchased a timeshare only to find out that we were lied to about multiple things. They told us things that ended up not being true just to get us to sign. I called the customer service and was only made to feel like it was MY fault and to get yelled at and was told they could not do anything for me and I was not allowed to cancel my contract. Worst customer service I’ve ever received I DO NOT recommend Wyndham to anyone!! Not even my worst enemy. Do yourself a favor and save your money. Very very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2019

The rooms you are shown for the sales presentation you can not get, so do not fall for that.

#2 The "investment for your children." Do not fall for either. They will be stuck with ever-increasing maintenance fees that they so conveniently forgot to mention.
#3 The maintenance fees are more than enough to take you on a nice vacation on your own. So they are way overpriced.
#4 They use the term "Ownership" and not timeshare. However, try to use it and see how far you get. If I really owned I could use it.
#5 They talk about once it's paid for; it will never be paid for. Let that sink it.
#6 They spoke about saving up vacations for a bigger better vacation out of the country but that is an impossibility they hide. You have to bank your points a month before the trip and you have to book the vacation 13 months in advance.
#6 Um... Wyndham needs to stop selling perks that are not possible and be honest.

#7 As an "Owner" this paper I signed does nothing but show the greedy side of a company that refuses to help and keep their owners happy.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2019

The hand sanitizers has not worked for 1 week plus. The TV on the elliptical has not worked for about 6 months. It is a great fitness facility but poorly maintained. I have reported the above to repair and maintenance but no follow up.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2019

When we first decided to purchase, we thought it would be great, but it has not been. We are very disappointed in the experience and just want to get out. We have written to Wyndham to express our disappointment, but they have informed us that there is No Legal Way Out! Some of our complaints have been limited access issues, number of days we are able to get at resorts and the extended meetings while on vacation.

Each vacation when we would speak of our complaints, it seemed the only solution to solve our problems would be an update. The explanations seemed to make sense, but each update is just more money and each year, higher maintenance fees. Another of their denial reasons was our lack of complaints in 3 years. They obviously do not note any of the complaints lodged by their customers. Paying well over $1,000 per month to maybe get 3-5 days a year, if we can get access that year! We just want OUT! Please take care before signing with this company.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

They'll all say you're eligible for the reward for doing the timeshare presentation but when you get there and give the same information they'll say you're not eligible. Wasted a whole day and fuel for this. The woman even had the cheek of saying she was doing us a favour to refund the money for the tickets we wouldn't be receiving.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Arrived at the Clearwater Beach Wyndham Grand on October 12th 2019. I would not call this establishment a resort. It is more of a nice hotel. We drove down from Michigan because we are interested in purchasing a tjmeshare... our presentation was on Monday the 14th. Upon arriving we were told at the end of the slideshow and verbal presentation we would then have a tour of the property and a condominium. After 2 1/2 hours of a very uninformative and confusing sales pitch we were told the condominiums had all been booked and there was no tour at all not even the rest of the facilities on site in the owners section of the resort (and I use that word begrudgingly). Have to say we will never buy a timeshare from Wyndhams. Sure wish we would have read all the reviews before wasting our time and money!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

My husband and I attended a presentation in new orleans. He was quite interested in what they had to offer but was completely turned off when they offered us (Canadians)the same points as our American friends, and were trying to charge us over twice as much per month. Another kicker was the $2700 downpayment and $150 monthly "processing" fee. As others mentioned, once you say no you are quickly shown the door. The salesperson wouldn't even allow us to have a private conversation with our friends. Needless to say, I am glad we didn't sign any papers.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Planned to stay in Columbus at Hawthorn Wyndham- we thought because it was a Wyndham. The place would be nice. The conditions of this hotel are deplorable. The carpeting reeked of soaked in smoke and whatever. The fan blades were broken off. Holes in the wall- where pictures once hung. The furniture was broken and had holes in it. The stair railing was loose. Unable to stay here with a toddler in these conditions. No help from staff - for a refund. Claimed they didn't have a manager on site. Still waiting for a refund. My advice is not to stay at this particular site!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

My husband and I were approached about getting a free dinner and show in Vegas. All we had to do was go to there 90 minute vacation club presentation. They even provided transportation to the “hot made to order breakfast”. Breakfast was bags of trail mix, muffins and coffee. The presentation was done by a very convincing guy. We NEEDED this club. IT WOULD PAY FOR ITSELF! It would pay for our kids to go to college! LMAO. 6 hours later, our MANY questions about cost, fees, selling the membership were not answered. We called them out on there dishonesty. We declined purchasing. They were pissed, very rude and would not allow us to speak. RUN! A free show and dinner dinner are not worth that kind of treatment.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

They will offer you $125 AX CARD just to tour the facility for 90 mins but the reality is they will force you to purchase as in force you and you will stay there for freaking 5 hours forcing you to purchase. They will get mad if you say that you don't want to purchase. They will get your info and submit it to the bank to open a credit card for them. SO DON'T FALL TO THEIR SCAM.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

This contract was signed with many misrepresentations and we didn’t realize that the information we believed to be true was almost entirely false. The lies told to us by Wyndham employees are many, we’ve listed a few: Wyndham told us the timeshare we bought would increase in value. It’s actually worth far far less than our money wasted. Wyndham told us if we ever wanted to sell or rent out our timeshare they would handle that for us. However, when we decided to sell our timeshare, we were told we couldn't sell or even rent it out until it was paid in full. That vital piece of information was deliberately mistold to us. When we purchased our second 105,000 points, Wyndham said our deed would be for St. Thomas Margaritaville and since construction was still underway, we would all be Co-Founding VIP’s at any Margaritaville location that we ever visited. Sadly, this too is inaccurate.

Wyndham told us that they now had a new way to make our payments, they said payments could be put on a Wyndham Rewards credit card. What your Wyndham employees did NOT tell us was that there would be another down payment on this purchase of 105,000 points. Needless to say, when we received our first credit card statement and saw there was a $9,536.00 charge on the bill we were outraged. How exactly is that legal?! When we called Wyndham about this fraudulent charge we were told that “we must have forgotten about being told.” Not one of the three of us, myself and my wife (now deceased) and my niece, heard not a word about another down payment. Almost ten thousand dollars would certainly stick in the mind.

Wyndham told us if anything happened to my wife or I the timeshare would be paid in full. They said it was like an insurance policy. We told the sales representative that if something happened to us, we wanted the timeshare to go to our niece JoAnn **. We asked them if there was a form we could fill out stating this fact. He told us no but he could add her to the contract, and she could not be liable for any payments. Another lie! We were later told that anyone on the contract was responsible for payments, and they would go after our niece for payments if they had to. Liars.

On another vacation in New Orleans in September 2016, the salesman just kept pressuring me to purchase more points. He gave up on me and sent a female sales representative over to try talking me into the purchase. I told her no and got up from the table. While I walked to my room, she followed me all the way harassing me trying to sell me more points. Because she just wouldn’t listen to my "NO,” I had to shut the door to my room actually in her face to get away from her. It’s incredible to me that Wyndham trains their sales staff to be so over the top with their high-pressure sales pitch. To sum this all up, our time with Wyndham has been terrible and stressful and has made us lose faith in the justice system that is supposed to protect us.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

WorldMark is full of deception. They play games. Instead of communicating with us about our problems with their representatives and their outlandish lies, they put a cease and desist on our account. They refuse to do anything about their employees. They refuse to take any responsibility for their lies to us. We tried to use this once and could not use it. We knew then we had been had. We attempted to rescind and they refuse to revoke it. Worldmark and its employees are a disgrace to human nature. The Fiction we fell for: Priority booking. Ease of booking. Offsetting maintenance fees with credit cards. This is a money-generating property. Affordable vacations.

None of these are true if you cannot book a vacation. Right out the gate our first try we found out the calamity that befell us. This was a grade a swindle. And once we called to rescind we knew we were in trouble as they did not care, nor did anything to try to alleviate our concerns. They matter of factly said, "You cannot get out." They do not even care to try to act as if they could not believe what happened. This is a regular occurrence for this company.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I wish I could give this company negative STARS. My boyfriend and I went to a 2-hour presentation ON Saturday, October 5th in NEW YORK AT 733 3RD AVENUE. The sales reps were too nice, complimenting us every 10 seconds and which seemed a bit fishy but we stayed and listened. They told us at the end we would have the opportunity to say yes or no to this "opportunity". We were open to what they had to say and it sounded pretty great from what they were telling us that this would "pay for itself". Our sales rep "Mike **" if that's really even his name explained that this would pay for itself. Mike took us to "the back" to basically repeat everything "Destiny," the presenter said to us in the presentation. After 45 minutes of that, he took us next door to the Wyndham Vacation ownership only resort where he showed us some rooms and a really nice view.

My boyfriend said to mike "Listen this is great but what is the overall number that we need to be able to pay to apart of this". Mike never had a clear answer. He brought us back to the sales floor where he began to show us examples of what everything could cost (not actual pricing). Mike then told us they would need to run our credit to see if we qualify for a loan and a credit card so we could be put on a payment plan. My boyfriend then told Mike we were not interested in pursuing this opportunity at this time but thanks for the information. Mike still continued to pitch and brought over his direct supervisor whose name I cannot remember. The supervisor then said "Well why cant you sign up today?" I said I am a single mother of 2. I work 2 jobs, I am not going have 300-400 dollars of my income monthly go towards a luxury.

The supervisor then said his mother was a single mother too and she worked two jobs too and she invested in wyndham 19 years ago and they have been able to go to disney every year since. He also said my children wont remember what i get them for christmas or what we do for their birthdays. They will only remember where we took them and this investment in wyndham. He was basically saying nothing but Wyndham matters which is absolutely ABSURD. My boyfriend stopped him seeing that I was visibly upset by what this man just said. My was boyfriend told him "No our kids are going to remember what we got them and what we do for them", the supervisor cut him off and said nope they won't actually. Then said "Well you don't have to sign up, you can leave. You don't need to be here then".

My boyfriend then said "Are you really doing this right now? You are at a place of business. You need to remain professional". The guy was still super disrespectful and tried to get some sort of rise out of my boyfriend and was shocked to see how calm and collected he was even after insulting us. The false niceties flipped so quickly my head almost fell off. We tried to speak to the Supervisors Supervisor. He acted like he didn't care and basically flipped us both off not even attempting to correct his staff on his unprofessional demeanor. We asked for who was over all of them. We got the name "Nick **". We were treated like dirt the minute we said "No we are not interested". DO NOT GIVE THEM ANY OF YOUR MONEY.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Well the wife and I first tried the discovery package and was somewhat disappointed with the misunderstood ways but enjoyed travel so we became owners in 2017 and have been very dissatisfied since and when we checked in on july 27th 2019 we were told we needed to attend an updated seminar to learn the latest updates, so the wife and I and 2 kids on july 28th went to what was only supposed to be about 30 min of our vacation time that turned into 12 hrs of nonstop lies and badgering from several people to upgrade.

So during all this we were told that the new contract would cancel out the old contract and we would only be paying for the new contract and that if we sold the new contract points back to Wyndham that it would pay for itself and that all we would be paying for is the maintenance fees, but on august 1st I had emailed the lady that we sat in front of to esign that I wanted to reverse our decision to go thru with the upgrade and she had not answered me back. So on august 3rd I had went in to talk with the main salesman and told him that we wanted to reverse our decision and he said that he would take care of it and that by august 14th we should be recieving the cancellation papers.

So I thought nothing else about it but she did answer the email saying that she had spoke with the salesman and asked if she could do anything else for us, so I answered, "All good here" with the previous understanding that the salesman was going to take care of it so on august 14th I had not received any paperwork so I started making phone calls only to find out that we had 2 contracts and that we had 2 maintenance fees now that I have been told it's too late to cancel the upgrade but I have the email from 2 days after signing the upgrade asking to cancel it, and they have admitted that I had done so, they have yet to cancel the contract so I am suing for all I can....

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

•We were never told that our payments would never stop, even if we are to die and bequeath this to someone, they still would have to pay.

•We were never told that the fees would increase

•The amount you end up paying after it was all said and down was not relayed to us properly in order to make a valid decision on our ability to pay this. The amounts are thrown around at different times and not added up together to talk about total cost.

•As time passes, we learn more and more bad things, more light bulbs go off

•This whole process was deceitful

•We said no many times and it was ignored.

•I specifically said over and over, “I CAN NOT AFFORD THIS” and it was ignored, which made them talk about how it will “PAY FOR ITSELF”, we have yet to be able to rent our points or sell our points as we were told in order to purchase

•They showed us a website to show there was an interest in renting points, later we found out this was listing them and no one was biting

•We felt an immense pressure to sign for anything. Not a very good way to lock someone into a something so permanent and costly.

•We went with you for the value and quality however this was not what we are getting.

•Almost 5,000 a year was not value and we can take nicer vacations for cheaper with better quality resorts and come out ahead.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2019

We were on vacation in Hawaii when we were offered a discount on tours by attending one of their ‘timeshare’ presentations. Big mistake! They offered transport to the venue and we decided to attend. The presentation was very staged and the staff members were very pushy. I asked early on in the presentation how much it was to join the timeshare. They ignored me and said they would get to that. Meanwhile 2 hours later we were finally told the cost. When I said we weren’t interested their attitude changed dramatically. They were rude and even yelled at me when I picked up the piece of paper with the details on it. They yelled and said I couldn’t take a real estate contract out of this room and how stupid I was that I didn’t know that.

In Australia we are allowed to take real estate contracts home with us to look over. So of course I had no idea. In the end we walked out. There was no transport back to our hotel. Later on in our stay we were walking along a street in Waikiki, Hawaii and a man from the same company jumped and stood right in our faces. We were very firm this time and told them to get out of our way. We couldn’t believe that a company could behave in such a way to potential customers. We will be sure to let people know back in Australia. It certainly has dampened our holidays and we wonder how a company like this is allowed to get away with behaviour!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2019

It was an event that was only to be 1 hour and turned out to be about 5 or 6 hours. Because they go back and forth and back and forth with you trying to get you to purchase a full membership vacation club plan. They will finally pass you off to one last person after you keep saying no, that you cannot afford the membership.... and then he gives you the speech about you want to stay involved and give it a try for just 2-years and pay a nominal fee of $2908.64 vs the "thousands" more it would cost for a membership.... bottom line they tell you, you have two years to make payments and two years to visit the resorts with the 300,000 points they give you for this period.

They LIED, because when I received the statement from the finance bank it had the statement as follows "You MUST pay the balance of your Plan 406-00001 in full by Feb 10,2020 to avoid paying accrued interest charges," making it necessary to pay $488.00 for the 6 months vs the two year term I was told. I am only paid $800 per week and two of those checks go to rent. Sadly they have shady business practices. BUYER BEWARE!!! Read the fine print and be aware of the terms to cancel.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

MY salesperson was wonderful and even her manager was good even though we did not purchase. However the closing representative was very rude and told my wife, he would not waste his breath talking to her. It was very rude way to end a good experience. I was interesting but the attitude of that one gentleman would prevent me from ever purchasing a timeshare through this company. Attended location is Orlando Florida, Vacation Village. This was my first experience and not happy on how it ended. Signed Potential Buyer

Original review: Sept. 22, 2019

We purchased our timeshare (YUP, A REGRET) 2 years ago during our stay in Las Vegas. During the 2 years since we've had the timeshare we could not use it due to deployments (husband military). Wyndham was kind to "extend our contract," and helped us book 6 months out in advance at a place called Bonnet Creek. The representative made it seem like everything was straightened out, and ready to go, all we had to do was just arrive at check-in. I've been looking forward for a confirmation e-mail for the reservation, and nothing was ever sent! We were given a false promise of staying at a nice resort. Without communicating with us, and asking us if we wanted another resort, they insisted to book us at a location that was one star less than Bonnet Creek, and also 45 min away from our Vacation destination, (to us this was a slap in the face).

Wyndham timeshare has been an ultimate headache, a disappointment, and full of lies. They have NEVER PROFESSIONALLY APOLOGIZED FOR THEIR LIES, & did not communicate effectively, instead they COVER IT UP and try to put us in a place that we do not want to stay at. I called back to try to get reimbursed for the trouble and headache that this timeshare has caused us.

We had high hopes to stay at a nice resort because of the reviews, and friends that have stayed there before. ALL OF THE REPRESENTATIVES that we have spoken to over the past few weeks to resolve this situation into something positive have been aggravating! I have no faith in this company, they are the stereotypical SCAM! If you are reading this, DO NOT invest your hard earned money on a "timeshare," My husband and I work a lot, we thought we were treating ourselves and doing something great, a getaway. But, it seems like that thought is not going to happen with Wyndham. You sell lies, steal people's money, and not apologize for your representatives messing up. Instead of accommodating us they would rather inconvenience us thinking they are helping, but in reality they are not.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2019

We have 5 years experience with this company and over the years we have picked up on some not so savory practices this company uses and most people will not enjoy them.

1) The constant harassment by calls and at vacations to upgrade. They use the same tricks and after the first time, then red light bulbs go off. That these special rates are bogus and made-up so you feel special and will buy.

2) These special rates they keep using to reel you in are still exorbitantly high. If you were to get all the amenities they say you will, it would be different, but you do not. For instance, they use the line that you save money on vacations and they say most people do not a vacation because they cannot afford it. This is not cheaper by any stretch of the mind. Example, last year we went on 2 vacations to Bonnet Creek resort in Orlando, Florida. The prices increase each year but I found a website for $169 to $189 a night. You add up our vacations that would be $1,432 to stay we would pay this year for that same stay. We paid last year just in the maintenance fees for our contract $1693.86 On top of our credits they charged us for cleaning fees. So essentially what we pay in maintenance fees is more expensive than the cost of our vacation. This is the exact opposite of what they told us would happen. We are not saving but spending more for vacations.

3) They do not allow you to vacation when you want. They say they are booked however again, you can book online if you pay money and not use your ownership. Even though owners are supposed to have priority booking rights. We were charged a hefty premium to be owners, this past upgrade was $37,127 and the one before was $15,300. What is that premium for, if anyone can get what we get for cheaper than we pay?

4) We feel this is a ripoff!

5) How is this company regulated? How is it fair to take advantage of and manipulate people in this fashion?

6) I would never suggest to anyone use this company and I wish we had wisened up to this before we were so far down this rabbit hole.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

Don’t even go to the “hour” presentation!!! It will take you 5 hours and you will hear so much info you will have no idea what you’re signing and you will NEVER get out of your contract. We have had unforeseen financial hardships and tried to get out of our contract. There is only a 5 DAY rescind period. They don’t care. They will not hep you. Prior to our hardships every time I tried to book something I have been unable to. They try and tell you all the wonderful perks and deals you will be getting but it is not true!! Don’t be scammed!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

We purchased a timeshare in Canada with Shell Vacations Club whom was purchased by Wyndham. Wyndham offers a program called Ovation designed as an exit from your contract if needed but will not offer same to Canada. We have a contract we can’t get out of or sell as it is worthless. This contract even supersedes death as they will go after our children for any due maintenance fees. Maintenance that have more than doubled since purchase.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2019

My boyfriend and I are silver owners with Wyndham and this year I made a reservation months in advance to stay in North Myrtle Beach for the Labor Day week. A week before we arrived, Wyndham sent a text message asking what time we would arrive. I texted back the approximate time we would be arriving and requested a certain room. They texted me again and said our room request was flagged and they hoped to see us soon. We arrived at the resort at the time I gave them and all was well until they told us we would be on the 8th floor. My boyfriend has vertigo and cannot stay on a floor that high.

I explained this in my text message to them. They said there was nothing else available and there was no guarantee on room requests. We had driven for 4 hours and had to turn around and go home. Later in the week, because of Hurricane Dorian, everyone was evacuated and their points refunded. Our points were taken and we never stayed there. They refuse to refund any of the 171,000 points.

Wyndham Vacation Resorts Company Information