Compare Travel Sites

Research top Travel Sites recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I use trivago frequently. I've used other sites in the past but trivago remembers my previous stays and makes relevant recommendations based on my previous bookings. It is the easiest site that I have found. I never fly and having a site dedicated only to booking accommodations means much less hassle when planning a trip. I used to look at several booking sites to find the best price for my accommodation. After a few times I noticed that trivago always had the lowest so now they are the only one I use. I love that they save your info so that it's easier to book the next time. Since I'm always visiting family I always go to the same city and trivago makes it easy to repeat a search.

I was satisfied but have had easier experience with other sites as well as better deals. Normally I use the or Travelocity and have found better deals there. Ease of use was fair to navigate the site etc. That was not an issue for me when it came to finding deals and best value for the dollar as I was. I was not satisfied with the costs. They seemed to be overpriced and not of good value. I have had better luck elsewhere. That is an area that I feel needs improvement. Extra services such as accommodations to free breakfast seemed fair. Other than that I really do not recall a whole lot of extra services being offered.

It was easy to use and helpful. They have easy website to navigate. Very fast to book and straightforward, no extras and always have my booking when I get to the place. Tells you exactly what you need to do. Help buttons and easy navigation. Everything is there that you need to know about. Very low cost. Finds you the best prices and they are never too expensive for what you are looking for. The best prices than other websites. They have services for other things like plane booking not just hotel. Offer good deal packages for plane and hotels and that's very important.

Everything went smoothly, it was simple and straightforward. It was hassle free and it didn't take long to find what I was looking for. It was completely easy to use, and it saved me a fair amount of time. It was easy to find a hotel in my price range and ideal location. They displayed a wide range of choices, and the prices were more than fair. I will definitely use trivago again. They display all of your travel needs and directions. It simplified things quite a bit for me. Truly it was a great time saver, plus you know you're getting a good deal.

The booking service is effective, efficient and reliable. The apps work great and make it easy and convenient to do all your vacation planning. Love it. It is very user-friendly with little or no hassle. Once you have your information you can go ahead and plan your vacation and get good results. The cost is well worth it even though there are other options but you definitely get your money worth guaranteed. Essentially, the customers are very important to this business. There are lots of information and things to do in one place which makes it easier to get tasks accomplished. It is very effective and reliable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Trivago?

For more information about reviews on please visit our FAQ.

Booking services is simple and hassle free. The site was easy, simple to use. The cost was fair, actually, more than fair.

They will go ahead and provide you with the best rates and take care of your flight tickets finding the best rates and at the same time will have a variety of hotels to choose from and great price comparison. When you first go to the website the ease of navigation is so much better than other website. It is clear, precise and has a lot of comparison of prices and choices. The rate of cost compared to others is much lower and very appealing. There are a lot of other website for booking travels but this one is the best. Compared to other the extra services that are listed are much greater than the ones found on other website and are very expansive compared to other. Some of these extra services are not found anywhere else.

I had very specific criteria, and Trivago let me search for a three star hotel in a certain district with the amenities I wanted, and that allows pets. I found the perfect place, and it was in my price range. It doesn't get better than that. All you have to do is enter the criteria for the kind of hotel and services you want. Trivago walks you through the process, so it's easy. Trivago only showed me hotels in the price range I selected. I was able to find the perfect place without worrying about going over budget.

The booking services were very organized and very easy to use. You don't have to be computer savvy in order to work this website. I've never had any issues when I've booked a hotel through this website. This website is very easy to use. All you have to do is look up the area that you are staying, and the website does the rest for you. It shows you a list of hotels in the area, and compares the prices of them as well. The cost is probably the best aspect of this website. The website automatically compares the cost of hotels from different websites in order to find you the cheapest price. So you pay less for hotels when you use this website.

I was offered so many choices and packages. My toughest decision was actually which one to use since the prices were very competitive. I got multiple listings compiled from several sites at trivago in one place. I simply put in my details, my preferences and the site came back with so many choices from several different companies that my only decision was to decide which company to go with. The prices were competitive and I was very pleased with that. I was very surprised at how inexpensive I could find on travel packages. The companies really want your business, so I ended up with a great deal I would never have been able to afford if I had gone to a travel agent. You can choose just one service, or a bundle of services - even from multiple companies working together to get you the best deal. It was basically point and click to get exactly what you want.

Booking services were very easy to use. I booked hotel, flight and a car rental with very little effort and was provided with a variety of different options along the way. Service was very easy to use and I ran into little to no issues during the process. The only thing I'd recommend is a step by step process on booking flights. Cost was compatible to most competitor sites like Expedia, Travelocity or Trip Planner. Very similar options were available compared to other services and I was able to find a good rate in the end. I booked a show and dining in Las Vegas as part of my package and it was very easy to see all the options available. Car rental was also quite easy, but had some limited options on shuttles.

I used it to find and book a very nice hotel and at an affordable price! It was easy to use and very helpful! It also gave me a wide range of options to better make the right decision for my travel needs! It was very easy to use. The directions were simple to follow! It was clear and simple to understand without any trouble whatsoever to navigate the booking process! It truly depends on what you're looking for and the price range you're looking in but I would say that it offers a wide range of affordable accommodations! They offer a wide range of extra services! I would say that they probably offer more services than most other sites! I was pleasantly surprised by what they offered!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

trivago is a metasearch engine that helps people browse deals from over 900,000 hotels around the world.

• Discount opportunities: Travelers can earn discounts by writing hotel descriptions, editing content and performing other tasks.
  • Metasearch: Since trivago searches databases from over 250 companies, travelers can access more discounts.
  • Travel guides: trivago offers travel guides and expert hotel reviews for cities all over the globe.
  • Mobile app: The mobile app from trivago can automatically search for accommodations near the user's current location.
  • Search filters: Travelers can search for hotels by price range, reviews, amenities and other features.
  • Best for Budget travelers.

Compare Travel Sites