2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

2.3/5 (33 ratings)

About SkyAuction

SkyAuction Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SkyAuction?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about SkyAuction?

Original review: March 11, 2015

I get great deals on sky auction. I travel to Cancun frequently and the deals offered on sky auction are unbeatable. I suggest that anyone bidding READ the deal... the true cost is often found in the details. Also before you leave home confirm the deal with your hotel. On my last trip my name was entered wrong. Sky auction customer service fixed the deal before my arrival. THANK YOU SKY AUCTION. My last deal was a super luxury hotel in Cancun in February… seven nights for 125.00 per night... AWESOME.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2015

We just returned from a 2 week vacation to florida and we purchased a vacation rental in orlando thru the SkyAuction website. The place was great. We have been using this site for cheap cruises and vacation rentals for about 10 years now and never had problems. We have had our money returned when things didn't work out. They always get back to me if I have a question. The dates were wrong on this last rental that we bought and through a series of emails, things were corrected. They were very patient and helpful...Don't know why others have such issues with them. I think they are great...

Original review: Dec. 30, 2014

I've used SkyAuction several times to travel domestically and internationally. The negative reviews are from people who want a deal without being flexible. I want to pay half the price for tickets, but I want to sit together. I want to book the hotel on the dates I want. They didn't have availability when I wanted, and gave me my money back but I'm still not happy. What about that guy that said, "Don't give your credit card number to this company," - the only time you give credit card information to SkyAuction is when you have won a bid and are paying to complete a reservation. If you want a DEAL, but don't want to be flexible, then by all means stay away from this site.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2014

I bought a hotel auction from skyauctioninc.com and paid about 100$. The hotel was so bad I would not even let my dog stay there. I have been trying for weeks to get someone to help me handle this. The telephone didn't even work in the room so we couldn't call for help when wires were hanging from the walls and my 3 year old got hurt. I plan on taking legal action with this company.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2014

I booked a hotel with them after having my husband go physically to the hotel and inquiring about availability. After I booked Skyauction told me there were no rooms available for the sames dates that my husband had been assured they had rooms. Apparently Skyauction only gets a few rooms where they can pick from. I was livid. So, it is not enough to check with the hotel to check availability. To be honest though, after I complained and explained I would probably never go by that city again. Skyauction was very gracious and refunded my money. They really did not have to do that.... You really have to read the fine print and be very flexible. I have used them in the past and have had no problems.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2014

Their usage of the term "subject to availability" on every auction allows them to walk away from any auction where they did not achieve a fair market price. I bid on an auction that states: "Available only from Oct 12 to October 18, 1-5 days max." I won the auction on a Sunday and same day submitted my request. Called their office every day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, spoke to Daniel, hris and Nadia and Sam...) Was told to wait a little longer... In summary... Never got my confirmation. My credit card never charged... A waste of time and energy. Bogus listings. As a cliche... If sound too good to be true it probably is. I never had to wait 4 days to not hear back regarding a reservation.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2014

What a company! They refuse to reply my email, it's their way only. They trick me into giving them my credit card #, took the money and run. Bunch of crocks. Will never deal with them again. Bad company. Be very carefully read the small print 2 times and don't believed anything they said even if it make sense, don't give them your credit card info.

Original review: June 28, 2014

I booked several hotel stays in Mexico with Skyauction. Seamless and never had any problems. One time the hotel had no availability and they suggested another resort. I declined and got my money back. No questions asked. Not sure why people are complaining??? Of course there are fine prints - just read it - Skyauction is running as a business too. However, if you are a little bit flexible - you will save a good amount of $$$.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2013

My wife and I were about to bid on a SkyAuction package. We thought we would look for some feedback on the site. What a nightmare of a typically dishonest business. This company should be shut down. They are blatant crooks.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2013

I bought 2 tickets on 9/28/13 for a Broadway show for tomorrow, Oct 8th, and I still have not received the tickets! I also won a gift certificate to a restaurant and have not received an email confirmation about the certificate.The seats were not together either. I was taking a child and wanted him to seat next to me. I have contacted SkyAuction by phone and emails several times and no response. Once someone picked up and was very rude. I would never recommend this to anyone.

SkyAuction Company Information