2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.10/5

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Whether you are looking for a hotel, villa or a cruise, you can rest assured that with Royal Holiday you will be able to find the option that works best for you. Contact us today to start planning your next vacation!

View More View More

Royal Holiday Reviews

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We own three timeshares, one of them is with Royal Holiday (we are satisfied with the other two timeshare companies). We have owned the timeshare with Royal Holiday for about 10 years. Without a doubt this is absolutely the worst experience we have had dealing with a timeshare company. We originally bought this timeshare because we vacationed in the Bahamas and at the time Royal Holiday had a wonderful timeshare there. They got rid of the timeshare the next year and we were told every year we called they were working on buying another property there. To date this HAS NOT happened. We have tried to find other destinations that matched our schedules. Have been unsuccessful in finding anything we want. How sad we have paid annual fees and get nothing in return. This company could care less about honoring their part of the contract. Would never recommend using this company to anyone!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2020

The rep met us outside our building upon arrival and introduced himself as our concierge. That was at least misleading. In our next meeting he offered to put internet on my wife's phone (actually only added it to his personal hotspot). Internet disappeared as soon as he did. Said he would send the Sunwing rep to meet us because his presentation would prevent us from attending orientation session. Lie. Promised he would make our dinner reservations for us. Lie. All this to win our trust, which he did at first. I hate being lied to. At one point, he said he lost a two year old son in a drowning accident. If that was true, I am truly sorry but if it was another lie....SHAME ON YOU!

Original review: Dec. 21, 2019

Run far and run fast when you see these people coming. Nothing they promise you is true. When you get your contract and you question things they reassure you this is company policy and then when you try and collect on the promises you're told, "We’re not responsible for what our sales team says."

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

Royal Holiday is just amazing! We have been with them for quite some time now and they just exceed our expectations every time. They are extremely helpful and answer all our questions. The staff is always so great to work with and I know that I can talk to anyone and they will give me the same answer. I am so glad that I went with Royal Holiday and my family always talks about how they want to go back. You cannot go wrong with choosing them over other competitors because they are straightforward and have no hidden fees or sales.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Recently my husband and I went on a wonderful vacation to Cancun. We were able to do this through a company we found online called Royal Holiday. They had us pay for points that we could then put towards a vacation. When we were researching the company we ended up calling them because we had a few questions on how the points worked. We were connected with a young lady who was absolutely wonderful. She explained to us that our points would add up until we were able to afford our dream vacation. In the end we sign up and haven't looked back since. It is people like her that keep a business around.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I wanted to take a moment to thank the wonderful people at the hotel that we stayed in on our most recent Royal Holiday vacation. From the front end staff to the maids in our room they took care of myself and my family. I don't think people in those positions get enough credit for what they do to make vacations enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Royal Holiday hotel in Puerto Vallarta to anyone looking to go on an amazing vacation. They truly made it the best time of our lives.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2019

Following numerous emails and social media postings, we were able to receive a Mutual Release Agreement on Oct 22. Although they refuse to refund our money, we are rid of them!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Like any good sales person, the point is to sell the product. When approached by Royal Holiday Vacations in the Dominican Republic this Sept, we were given coffee and smiles galore. All the while, I felt like they just wouldn't take no for an answer. Let's not forget all the promises of discounts and free vacations if we signed up right away. Upon our return home, we did some research and realized we had really gotten ourselves into a bad situation. A 30 year contract with no way to cancel! I placed a call to the legal representative and she offered us a lower points package, which we declined. I was polite while letting her know that we had decided to cancel immediately and that we understood that any money paid to date would be lost ($7000+ Canadian).

Nope. According to them, you cannot cancel this contract. (They can't be serious.) What happened to a day grace period? Apparently they were supposed to have this information in their contracts but it wasn't in ours nor did they mention this to us. Here's the kicker. I asked two different people about cancellation options. Both said the same thing to me... "You just let us know that you want to cancel and it's that easy. However, you will not get your down payment back." As it turns out, it isn't that easy! I've emailed and called several times and basically, in the nut shell, this contract is set in stone. I'm reaching out to anyone else who has or is now going through the same thing with this company. I'll fight them to hell and back before they get another penny from us. Any help on how to deal with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

My wife and I were approached in a Mexican airport during vacation to buy a 4 day 3 night in a resort of our choice, and all we had to do is pay that amount $180.00 and schedule our stay within a year. Three weeks later I read the small letters on the paper I signed to find out that I had to attend a 90 minute presentation as part of the promotion. I called a month later to make our so call promotional reservation in Puerto Vallarta to learn that at check in, I had to pay another 180.00 dollars in fees.

I told Ruben (Royal Holiday representative) that I was not told of additional fees upon our arrival and Ruben stated that I had to pay the resort fees. I told Ruben that the only hotel I liked was the Grand Park Royal, Ruben stated that it was exclusively an all inclusive resort and that I had to pay $300.00 for food for both of us instead of the $180.00 dollars just for the room on the other resort. I research the Grand Park Royal in Puerto Vallarta to verify cost thru Expedia and surprisingly, the all inclusive hotel cost a little less than what Royal Holiday was charging me.

In addition, I researched the hotel Ruben was proposing for $360 dollars for 3 nights to find out that Airbnb had condominium at the same complex for $160.00 for 3 nights. I confronted Ruben, told him what I found from Expedia and Airbnb and insisted that their cost can not be matched and offered a free tour “Discovery El Eden”. After few days, we decided to make the reservation with Royal Holiday because I was going to lose the $180.00 dollars I had already paid.

At the Grand Park Royal we had an even worse experience. We checked in, a Royal Holiday employee talk to us and ask questions. The next day, was presentation time for 90 minutes, we meet a manager that explained the process and emphasize that in our part was a “yes” or “no” to buy and will not be a problem. The end result was an abusive retention from 5 different people to convince me and my wife to buy their membership that lasted from 8:00 am to noon instead of the 90 minutes that is stipulated. What got me more irritated was that when I realize it was noon time, we had to do the closing paperwork and even during that time the last guy asking the closing questions was not accepting my answers and still try to convince me to buy.

When we were finally out, meet with the first person that receive us during check in and I remind her that I had a free tour and wanted to schedule it the next day… She said that she will look into that. The next day, I send her a reminder and send me with the tour organizer to find out that my wife and I were not on the list. The third day went by and no news as well. I had hoped that the free tour would help me recoup monetary losses as oppose to Expedia.

A few things that we learned: I will never in my life deal with Royal Holiday in the future. This people want to sell you a plan that may not suit your needs. I was offered a room with ocean view, and what we got was a room with partial ocean view, partial view of the pool and the vast majority of the view was the roof tile of the buffet restaurant. Their accommodations did not suit our bedding needs either, beds are very small and are suitable for an adult and child on each bed, not two adults. Employees at the Grand Park Royal Resort provided great service. Totally different treatment received from the sales people from Royal Holiday.

If you like this concept, do not fall on the original and higher offer price tag, in our case they went more than half of the starting membership price to try to sell it to us. And this is just accommodations. In addition to that; the pool, gym and bar on the twelve floor could only be use at additional cost. During the try to convincing process, they revealed several things such as… I will give you their cost on additional items, so that tells me that they act as agents themselves and sell additional items higher for a profit… such tours etc. Be careful when you are offered a good deal from Royal Holiday. May happen to you what happened to us.

Buying the so call promotion at the airport from Royal Holiday, turn out to be a big mistake. A lot of wasted time, headaches, a torturing convincing session where at times they were losing the respect, we as customers deserve and that we should have never gone thru, if I would have purchase it from Expedia and suited with our bedding needs. If you make decent money like I do, do not reveal it. Otherwise, they will be persistent, be hostile to a point, and basically not respecting a “no” for an answer to get the most out of your pocket. They will send you several people to try to convince you to buy the membership.

I was upfront with them since the beginning. You are not giving me anything because I paid more to you that what I should have. We do not like this type of membership approaches, therefore, we are not planning to buy and we are just here to comply with the 90 minute presentation. This was a very unfortunate experience we had from Royal Holiday personnel and hope you do not go thru this. I am not the type of person that write reviews but I felt that this is necessary to make readers aware. Read the fine print and be aware of hidden fees.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We had signed up for Royal Holiday at the beginning of last year and then forgot that we had it. So during that whole time period we had been gaining travel points. Royal Holiday contacted us a month ago and told us that we had gained a lot of points and we could use them for a vacation. At the time work was stressful and we needed to get away so we jumped at the chance. I am impressed with Royal Holiday for calling us and telling us that we were signed up and gaining points. Most businesses would just cash in with the money and not bother to help the customer. It is for that reason I am so happy with Royal Holiday.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

Dont fall for them. It has been but a waste of time and money since we bought the timeshare, everything is not what they said it would be, the value of my points keeps shrinking and doesn't get us much with RCI.

Royal Holiday Company Information