2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

4.3/5 (43 ratings)

About Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Royal Holiday Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Acapulco and it was LOVELY. As someone whose close family members are at-risk individuals to COVID, I was really happy with their Safe Guest Program they've put into place. They sanitize our room regularly, and they stayed quite vigilant with recreational areas like the poolside, the bar, and the spa (which was my favorite place). There were literally zero issues other than on the flight there, there was a kid kicking the back of my chair. Other than that, it was a flawless experience.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I think that Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a good company that obviously has a few struggles but overall does things right. My wife and I were members up until COVID hit (made it impossible to travel ANYWHERE). We enjoyed our time as members, we had some really great trips. The one thing we would improve is the time it takes to process customer service requests. When we had to cancel one of our trips last-minute, we had to wait up to a week to get the issue fully sorted out. It ended up working out, and even though it took lots of patience, I'm happy with how they handled our claim. Thanks guys.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Alright, so when I found Royal Holiday I was honestly a bit skeptical. It almost seemed TOO GOOD to be true. My sister-in-law told introduced me to the company and explained it. (She had a girlfriend whose husband was an executive in the company or something.) But it was completely legit and I'm REALLY happy with the trips that we've been able to go on. Even with COVID, I was worried that the good times would end but they've done a really great job at keeping us informed of what was happening and now cruises are back open (albeit with several safety guidelines in place). Check it out if you're looking for great experiences!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

At this point in time you might not think a vacation is doable. That is what I thought before I found Royal Holiday. I came across them when I saw a chart showing all the safety and sanitation guidelines they are putting into their hotels. I was very impressed with the amount of work and care they were putting in to keep their guests safe and decided to work with them for our vacation. At the resort the safety and sanitation was confirmed to me when I saw the the hotel staff working tirelessly to keep the resort clean. We were able to have an amazing vacation experience because of them.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

I have never experienced a vacation quite like what is currently necessary due to the world situation. My family and I took a vacation earlier in the year with Royal Holiday and I have to say, it was quite pleasant. We were worried about what the resort would do to make sure we were safe. They took care of the situation very well and made sure everything was safe and sanitary. The employees seemed to always be cleaning something. That made it possible for us to just enjoy ourselves and take a well needed vacation.

Original review: July 19, 2021

Cozumel was beautiful. We visited through the Royal Holiday resort planning system. The website was easy to navigate. We had a lot of questions though, but we could speak to a person to get the answers. It was a fantastic experience.

Original review: July 18, 2021

Cancun from a Royal Holiday Resort couldn't be more enjoyable. This is exactly where you want to vacation. The incredible people at the resort are really nice to talk to and know the area well. We'll be back.

Original review: July 17, 2021

We booked with Royal Holiday resorts and couldn't be happier. This vacation was the tops with any we've ever had. This incredible and wonderful experience was encouraged by the great staff and friendly people we met there.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels in my life and Grand Park Royal Cozumel was really fun. They always have some sort of activity going on you will never be bored. The room was great and we had the best view. We spent a lot of time swimming in either one of the many pools or the ocean. I became a serious water baby and then came back and enjoyed some great food.

Original review: July 13, 2021

We were right on time for whale watching season at Grand Park Royal Puerto Vallarta. That was something none of us will ever forget. They also have amazing spa services and my husband and I took full advantage while the kiddies were playing at the Kids Club. They wanted to be there all day and we sure didn’t mind.

Royal Holiday author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

Royal Holiday Company Information