3.71/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Whether you are looking for a hotel, villa or a cruise, you can rest assured that with Royal Holiday you will be able to find the option that works best for you. Contact us today to start planning your next vacation!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

156 Royal Holiday Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Royal Holiday Vacation Club has been extremely upfront and honest the entire time we have dealt with them. When we signed up for our vacation they told us exactly how things were going to take place and exactly how much we were going to be charged. We had to change our cards at one point and they were very understanding and helped us change our payment method without an issue. I am extremely impressed with their honesty and straightforwardness. They make their term's very easy to understand and should be clear to anyone reading them. I have had the time of my life every vacation I have tried and will continue using them in the future.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Purchased the credits in August 2018 at Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana DR. Everything went well and I have been making payments every month. This month the annual membership is due and they withdrew $1237 from my checking account without my permission. The only reason they have my debit card information is because I used that card when I made the initial purchase in August. They were never authorized to have this account on file. In fact they told me that it was removed after the purchase. This is very unfair, this is fraud and I will not have it. I already file a fraud complaint with my bank and I will be speaking to a lawyer. You can not treat people like this, this is not the way to do business. Stay away from Royal Holiday. They are dishonest.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

This time of year my family and I like to travel somewhere warm for the winter. We often take a trip to Cancun or to the Bahamas. This year we decided maybe it was time to join a travel club since we did this every year. A travel club could save us money and help with the planning in general. We finally decided to go with Royal Holiday Vacation Club and we were not disappointed. Everything was taken care of for us and the service was exceptional. We are very pleased with Royal Holiday and look forward to using them for years to come.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Royal Holiday Vacation Club provided my family and I a very enjoyable vacation. We called up Royal Holiday and they were very helpful in creating our vacation experience. The resort was nice and the staff was friendly. We recommend Royal Holiday to anyone who is looking for a good vacation.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

In 2008 I upgraded my Royal Holiday Membership by transferring from my home resort in Nassau to Bavaro Princess in Punta Cana. The agreement was that I could stay at the resort at any time on a space available basis and pay the all inclusive rate without using my points. When I tried to book for 2019 I was told that the all inclusive rate is 50% higher if my points were not used. My certificate clearly states that I would only pay the all inclusive rate for that time of year. Royal Holiday is stating that there are two levels of all inclusive rates. One if you use points and other if you do not. I asked where such a rule is published but was told that this rule is not for members (really). At any rate my agreement clearly states that I would pay the all inclusive rate then in effect (not one that is 50% higher). At this point they are refusing my reservation request which is totally contravening my written agreement. Anybody else had this experience?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Let's just say I went a little overboard with my wedding budget. So, when it came to my honeymoon quickly approaching I was getting pretty worried about having a honeymoon that my husband and I would remember. Royal Holiday was recommended to us by our wedding planner and I cannot thank her enough. Not only was my wedding amazing... so was our honeymoon. Thanks, Royal Holiday!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Wow! Royal Holiday made my 30th birthday amazing! My best friend and I picked this company after doing a little research, and it was the most affordable... but also without nixing the luxury of a birthday that I knew I wanted to remember. If you have a holiday to celebrate, take your favorite people... Royal Holiday will come through!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Very happy with Royal Holiday. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is great for all-inclusive resort holidays. I was incredibly pleased with their services, which included helping me find the right Bahamas resort for my family vacation. They even assisted me with getting the best resort hotel rates, along with flight booking and a myriad of amenities. I highly recommend joining the Royal Holiday Vacation Club today!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Royal Holiday was not our first choice for a vacation... until we experienced it for ourselves. We don't get a chance to get away much but we knew that we wanted to for our 25th anniversary. Since we don't get away much, Royal Holiday really made it easy getting us where we wanted to go and finding us the perfect cruise to make our special day once in a lifetime.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

When you are looking for somewhere to go on a holiday, look no further than Royal Holiday to find the information that you need to pick a wonderful location. Whether you are staying close to home or wanting to travel across the world, they have a destination that should suit your needs.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I joined Royal Holiday vacation club last year to save money, and it was a great decision, especially when there's four of us. We stayed at the Citadines in London - right near Trafalgar Square, and within easy reach of everything. Booking process was easy and customer service excellent - well recommended.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Lots of misleading promises - My husband and I received a call from Royal Holidays inviting us to the Cancun resort to show us their vacation club offer. During the sales pitch we were offered "free" credits to use and two $500 certificates to use for the all inclusive fees. We were also offered the availability to come back to the Mexico resorts without using any credits for the first year. All of these offers were designed to get us to commit to membership. We did indeed sign the contract. Now I have been trying to use these offers. It has been difficult. They showed us this lovely suite which I was trying to book, however, we have to pay additional cash to get that room. The all inclusive fee on the website was $59 a night but when I tried to book it was $89. I could not book online because there was no option to use the "free" credits or $500 certificate. So I called and could not reach anyone who could assist.

Finally, a representative at the resort called. He clarified the offers. You cannot use the $500 certificates until half your entire contract is paid, that would be about 10 months into it. Fine print. We could not use the additional 60,000 credit certificate for the additional cash required for the suite. Again Fine Print. The sales team is highly trained to suck you into the commitment. They will promise you a lot of things without clearly showing you the Fine Print. It is quite annoying to have been promised services only to have Fine Print put extreme limits on the usage.

Well, I did book a stay for Jan 2019 at the Royal Holiday Caribe site. The same one that we purchased from. I did not book the suite for the additional price. I paid the all inclusive fee of $89 per night per person and did not have to use any credits for the room. I will update my reviews as time progresses. The site was beautiful, the white sand beach and pools great. The service was also great. The buffet food was very good, the specialty restaurants (seafood and steakhouse) were not very good and costs additional money.

While I am there in Jan, I will be sitting down to plan another trip using the "free" credits. I'm hoping that if I can talk to someone in person I can get a clear understanding of the "Fine Print" and actually be able to take advantage of the free stuff they promised. I expect it will take about a year to use up all the free credits and all inclusive certificates. Then it will be just the 30,000 credits we signed up for yearly.

I did make some calls to Royal Holiday to see what a cruise would cost. That was a shocker. Apparently, you have to pay the all inclusive fee on the cruise as well. I had never heard of that before. After searching online and comparing the actual cost that Royal Holiday was charging in points and all inclusive fees, it was about $1000 less than booking as we usually would. That $1000 is what we pay in maintenance fees per year +/- so it would actually be a wash.

It looks like the best bang for the buck is going to be the Mexico all inclusive resorts even with the all inclusive fees on top of the credit usage. We may get 2 weeks vacation out of it a year. It will probably cost us the $1000 yearly maintenance fee, another $2000 per year in the all inclusive fees plus our airfare which thank goodness was never promised. So for $3000 a year we can go for 2 weeks to an all inclusive on a beautiful beach. Not exactly what we were led to believe but we can work with it.

As for trying to get out of the contract, after reading reviews and others experiences, it looks like it would cost us just as much to fight it as it would for us to pay it. So we are stuck with it. We made a deal with Royal Holiday that would allow us to pay off the cost of the membership in 60 months, then it will just be the yearly maintenance. I'm not sure what will happen when we no longer wish to travel but I plan to ask that question in January when I arrive and I will have it put in writing when I get the answer. This membership may or may not be right for some people. I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I will update the review as time goes on.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

This program is really a scam. Yes you get credits but these do not increase unless you upgrade your plan. However, every year the maintenance fees are higher and higher. I began my "vacational plan" with Royal Holiday way back in 2008. Maintenance fees were $415.00 per year. I just received my 2019 maintenance invoice and it is up to $1,172.00 even if you do not use your credits. Problem is you are stuck with this maintenance fee and increases for the rest of your life. If anyone knows a way to get out of this inferno, pls let me know.

Ah, I just got back from a Bahamas cruise out of Miami. 4 days, 3 nights +$852 for the all inclusive (food) per person. When I asked for the a/i rate for a day & 4 night cruise to Bahamas, they quoted me $1,252. A co-worker of mine went on the 5 day 4 night cruise to Bahamas thru a travel agent for $850 - not thru Royal Holiday. Where is my advantage as a Platinum member??? This really sucks. This company is really into sucking you in order to get all your money. Too bad the only way to get out of this is when you die!!!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Having a large family it's tough to find vacation experiences that make a lot of sense to keep everybody happy. Living in the Celebration area and already having Disney World at our fingertips we wanted to try something new and different. That's when we found out about the cruise offerings from the Royal Holiday club. We ended up having all you could eat buffets on the cruise, no unneeded added expenses and then went to some of the most beautiful islands and beaches we've been to in the Caribbean. The price was comparable to us going to a resort on the gulf coast of Florida. We have some family photos that we can share if you care to see photos from the cruise.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

We originally signed up for Royal Holiday without knowing what it was like, but were pleasantly surprised to find a very wide selection of lodgings available in our price range. RH lists a number of resorts that are somewhat off the beaten path, which makes every vacation feel like an adventure. We've visited four destinations in the last two years, and all of the resorts have had open dates that worked with our schedule.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I am filling this complaint about Royals Club International (TRC vacations) as they have sold me their tour package giving me completely wrong information. Below I am mentioning the complete details about this scam. On 03/06/2018, I have received a call from this Royals Club International and they have told me that they are inviting me and my wife to their seminar where they will give me some inform me about their company and packages and after that, they will offer some free tour coupons.

I went there on 03/06/18 and they gave me a lot of information about their plan and packages. They have offered me a very good package and told me lots of benefit of that package. After all these benefits I agreed to buy their package. I have made the payment of 60000 for 5 years package by my credit card. As soon as I have opened the file and read the terms and conditions then I found that they have completely lied to me and all the information they have given to me about the package was completely wrong.

Therefore, I want them to give me my money back. But these people are really not interested to listen to me and resolve my query. It's not a small amount of money for a person from a middle-class family. It's my hard earn money and I will request you to kindly take this matter seriously. When I have searched online I came to know that this company has taken money from a lot of people and never given them services. I hope that I will get my money back from them with your help. If any other is also scammed by these people then you can contact me on [protected] so that we can together take some serious actions against them so that they cannot make fool of other people.

Resolution response: Oct. 29, 2018

Company worked with me to cancel account

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

Promised so much and nothing but disappointment. Trying to use your points that end up costing way more than any airline holiday package, is almost impossible to do. Navigating their website is not possible. Maintenance fees increase more than actual inflation. You are stuck unable to ever use the points that you pay tens of thousands for. Customer service is awful. They are a scam preying on holiday goers and honeymooners.

Resolution response: Nov. 28, 2018

The company and I came to a mutual decision. I am pleased with how they handled it.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I can't believe we got suckered into this. Terrible site, horrible service. Excellent lawyers to lock you in. So many hidden fees and you have to pay until you are dead. #royalholidayscam #royalholiday #timesharetrap #saveyourmoney

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The credit system is pretty easy to use. You get a certain amount of credits each year and they roll over, you can bank them for your next trip, which is nice. I wasn’t expecting my credits to actually transfer without a fight, but it was really easy to get my credits applied to my next vacation. They didn’t even give me trouble over the phone, which was great and unexpected since usually customer service people are not that helpful. I don’t always have time to go on vacation every year due to my work, so I was doubtful about whether or not a membership like this would work. It’s been pretty good so far, a few years back I took a trip to Mexico City, which I’d always wanted to see. I can’t go this year because of work but I’m excited to hold onto my credits for an even better trip next year.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Once my kids left home my husband and I pretty much gave up on the idea of taking vacations. What’s the point? I’m starting to see the error of my ways. Royal Holiday was recommended to me by a friend who’s always darting off to some exotic location and I figured I might as well give it a try. In the past two years, we went to a beautiful resort in Rio and took a short “staycation” here in San Francisco. I had my doubts about what the rooms were going to be like but they weren’t cheap looking or overly touristy. Both times the lodgings were wonderful and I had no complaints. It made me remember how nice it was to take vacations before the kids came along. I felt truly relaxed for the first time in ages. I can’t wait to start planning my next trip: Maybe Italy?

Original review: July 29, 2018

I’m seriously impressed with the customer service. I was trying to book a hotel for a week and I got a little confused about the dates, so I called them up and got someone who was really well-informed and walked me through it. I didn’t know a ton about Royal Holiday since I got my membership as a gift from my sister (who wants us all to take more family vacations together.) The woman on the phone laid it out for me: Me and my family can basically go wherever we want for a non-competitive rate, which is great. We’re looking at places to head out for our first ever family vacation next year since my sister and I were kids, and I have to say, I’m getting kind of excited. I’m glad my sister did this: It’s something I would have never thought to do for the family.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Ronald ** here and I bought the timeshare package in May of 2018 and changed my mind after reviewing experiences others had about where to go this summer. We went on a cruise instead and the family loved it. Also because my family is 6 people it's hard to find affordable vacation packages. Originally they told me I can use couch until my little one is 6 years old, and I thought to myself, well, it's fine, but after trying to do reservations online, I decided the price was affordable enough to book extra rooms. The contracts are tight but after reviewing them it's a really good deal compared to other travel offers we receive.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I bought the timeshare in Dec 2017 and change my mind after reviewing the posts of other's experience. Also because my family is of 5 members and the majority of their rooms are limited to 4, originally they told me I can use couch until my little one is 12 years old, and I thought to myself, well, it's fine, but after trying to do reservations online, this is not achievable, so I have to either upgrade my room or book 2 rooms, both options means paying more. I've filed a dispute claim through my credit card since RH is not accepting my cancellation. I have ruled clause # 10 where it's stated that contract may be extemporaneously terminated by purchaser. Thinking on involving Profeco now. Does anyone has experience with Profeco? Thanks.

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband and I bought from Royal Holiday on Oct.20, 2006. We paid 8,520.00. We had paid annual fees since then. I have small dogs that I do not like to leave behind. None of the properties accept dogs, so I really don't enjoy my trips. We are both 70 and we need to find properties that are not all inclusive and in locations that are impacted by a lot of tourists or not close to the amenities that we prefer. I contacted the resort and I told them that I want to cancel my membership and they told me that it was impossible. I sent them several emails but the answer was always negative.

I hired a lawyer firm that achieved the cancellation. It has been a very long and stressful year but very rewarding when our ordeal with this unwanted timeshare was finally resolved. We hope no one ever has to go through this nightmare! Thank Mexican Timeshare Solutions for a successful outcome and it was a pleasure working with them. If you are an old couple, beware of Timeshare. They are definitely not for you.

Resolution response: June 29, 2018

The company and I have reached an agreement with my satisfaction. The company is willing to hear my complaints and help to resolve the issue to full scale. I appreciate ConsumerAffairs' help to reach the company.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have purchased a sliver membership from Royal Holiday Club on May 18, 2018 at Hotel Grand Park Royal Cozumel with an initial payment of USD $3,420. During the presentation, the large number of affiliated hotels was my main reason for the purpose since I travel to various locations. The salesman claimed their rates are lower and showed me their online affiliated hotels in several cities that I asked. He promised that all these prices are online and available in the program. I was told that I can use my holiday credits on all their affiliated hotels.

After the trip, their customer service told me that reservations with the affiliated hotels will only be available in the first year of this 30-year long program! I was shocked by such a huge reduction of service period, from 30 years down to 1 year, for the affiliated hotels. The sales were deceptive and fraudulent about the prices and online access to reserve the affiliated hotels with holiday credits.

Then I have requested a cancellation, both via email on June 7, 2018, and FedEx mail on June 11, 2018, but was refused in both occasions. On my contract, an item on Page 3 clearly states that, "This contract may be extemporaneously cancelled by PURCHASER." Also, on Page 5 item 11. states that, "PURCHASER(s) agree that, in the event PURCHASER(S) request contract cancellation, SELLER will issue and deliver a settlement letter indicating the cancellation of granted financing and/or cancellation of any pending balance." By now, I do not understand how Royal Holiday Club could claim in an email that "the cancellation of your contract has not been authorized, since the company has not breached the contract nor the Operating Rules." This company does not respect the contract. Of course, if the sales were fraudulent in the first place, the contract should be invalid from the very beginning.

Original review: May 31, 2018

RH has been great for our family. I like all-inclusive cruises so I don’t really have to plan anything and there’s lots of activities for the kids. My husband wanted to visit Europe, which we managed to pull off as a getaway for just the two of us. Then we sent our two older ones to summer camp. The people are so nice, the resorts have all been great, and there are so many places to visit with an RH membership. Love it!

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have to say, I haven’t always gotten my way with Royal Holiday. Even though I read reviews that said you had to book early, I had to learn my lesson the hard way. One thing I will say is that the people I’ve dealt with have been unfailingly polite and always tried to help me out. When I couldn’t get the location I wanted for my dates, the woman I talked to offered to help me find available destinations similar to the one I missed out on. That’s some great customer service right there.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My business really took off last year and I wasn’t able to get away for any travel, which sucked because of course, I already paid for my credits with Royal Holiday. I was worried I’d just lose the credits, but the company told me I had options to roll them over to the following year or even “rent” them to other travelers and have the cash applied to my account. This was a huge relief and I have to say, I’m really pleased that there are multiple options if I can’t use my credits.

Original review: May 4, 2018

There’s no better way to see the world than with Royal Holiday Vacation Club, but you should really get the highest tier of membership if you can, so you can go anywhere. I’ve been all over Europe – France, Rome, London. I’ve been to beaches in the Caribbean and South America. I’ve been to Whistler and the Kona Coast. With the Royal level membership you can do a big trip or multiple smaller trips each year. If you love to travel and try out new places, you have to get the Royal membership.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Just wanted to write a quick note about my first travel experience as a Royal Holiday member. Sadly, I was not able to book my vacation of choice. I called in to check dates, but the lady confirmed they were booked up. She recommended other locations I might like that would probably still have openings available, so I ended up booking a trip to Costa del Sol instead of the Caribbean. It was AMAZING, and I never would have gone if my first choice was available. Now I know to book early, but I’m also going to keep trying new places, too. Thanks Royal Holiday!

Royal Holiday expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

• Best for: Royal Holiday Vacation Club is best for international travelers and frequent travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs