Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.73/5

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Whether you are looking for a hotel, villa or a cruise, you can rest assured that with Royal Holiday you will be able to find the option that works best for you. Contact us today to start planning your next vacation!

View More View More

Royal Holiday Reviews

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

It is amazing the difference two people can have when dealing with the same company. My experience with Royal Holiday was one filled with honesty and integrity. I have not signed up for their service as of right now but I can tell you that I dealt with a young man who was straightforward and honest with me. I contacted Royal Holiday when I ran across them looking for an all-inclusive vacation to Mexico. It is my wife's dream to visit the indigenous ruins in the Yucatan peninsula. I thought it might be a good surprise to book us a vacation in that neck of the woods.

I called them up and asked the young man to give me his best sales pitch. He was very kind and told me about how you could earn points over the course of the year and spend those points on vacations. He explained to me the cost associated with membership and how I could cancel at any time if needed. He then explained the different locations that his company owned around the world and how we could pick any one of them. Overall the package sounded very nice but it did not fall into what I was currently looking for. Once I retire and my wife and I are ready to start traveling more I believe that Royal Holiday will be an excellent option for us. Overall I am happy with my experience with the company and urge anyone who will listen to contact them and get your own information.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I was so impressed with the Hotel Staff during our most recent stay at the Royal Holiday Resort that I had to come on here and explain why they were so impressive. My son is disabled and often has a very hard time traveling with us when we go on vacation. When we decided that it was time for us to have a vacation outside of the country I worried about how he would be able to enjoy the vacation with us. We ended up using our travel points with Royal Holiday and booking a vacation to Mexico. When we arrived the hotel had sent a van to the airport to pick us up. We had informed them beforehand that we would need assistance to get to the hotel. The driver who picked us up knew everything about the local attractions and even helped us to find activities that our son could do.

Once we arrived at the hotel their staff took our luggage and helped us get our son to the hotel room. They talked to him like there was nothing wrong and helped him feel normal. As a mother I can't put into words what this meant to me. It made the vacation truly a once in a lifetime experience for him and helped him come out of his shell. I would recommend this hotel staff to absolutely anyone looking to be taken care of. They went above and beyond.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We have been members with Royal Holiday for quite some time now. We have gone on a multitude of vacations and have always had an amazing time. Recently we had a vacation planned for Christmas to go to Cancun. We were very excited to enjoy the beaches of Cancun instead of the snow. Unfortunately my husband had an accident which has since changed those plans until he can get better. We were worried that we would not be able to cancel our vacation and reschedule it for another time.

I called up customer service and explained our problem. The representative listen carefully and told me he would have to check with his manager to see what they could do for us. He came back with news that we would be able to reschedule it for another time without losing any of our travel points. This was above and beyond what I was expecting as our vacation was so close and I know rescheduling it can be difficult. I am very grateful to work with a company that will put its customer's needs in front of its own.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

We have a special needs child who needs extra attention in daily activities. This goes two fold for when we are traveling as a family. It had gotten to the point where we dreaded planning vacations for ourselves because we were so worried about our child. This is where Royal Holiday comes in. We were desperate and called up Royal Holiday to see what they could do for us with our situation. The customer service rep was able to answer every single one of our questions and put our minds at ease. We decided to try them out. When we got to the resort the staff was able to help us and we ended up having an amazing vacation. Our child also had fun and was able to experience something new. We cannot thank Royal Holiday more for the support that they gave us.

Original review: April 11, 2019

One of my friends told me that I should check out Royal Holiday so I decided to take their advice. I called up the company and asked them to sell the service to me. I was so impressed that I signed up right away! The first thing I have to say is that they are very kind. That is refreshing coming from a salesperson. Most salespeople are pushy and get out of line. Secondly they were very intelligent. They knew the answer to all of my questions and they provided a thorough answer. Lastly they explained the program in a way that helped me to realize the benefit. Besides just price there are many other things that go into a vacation. Things like planning, flights, hotels, location, staff, etc. They checked off the boxes in all of these categories and more. I was impressed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: April 5, 2020

Royal Holiday promised “free vacations” and upgrades at their hundreds of resorts with concierge service and travel agents to help with all the details of our 3 year vacation package. I tried to book 3 separate vacations multiple times and was ignored, disregarded, lied to and then told that my special “membership price” was twice as much as I could book myself online. I requested refunds and cancelled my contract and they continued to take out money and never answered me back. I was told my “representative is out on leave” and never called back. So I’m not entitled to services I paid for because someone is “on leave?” And there’s no one else who can help me? This company is full of lies! I am still waiting for a refund for all the services I paid for and did not receive. DONT PURCHASE A VACATION PACKAGE FROM THEM. IT'S A SCAM!

Original review: March 10, 2020

I have had the wonderful opportunity to travel around the world in my lifetime. During my travels, I have been approached by countless resorts trying to sell me on their vacation or their property. It always ends with me having to escape them as fast as I can. Recently I ran into the Royal Holiday Vacations sales team and my experience was drastically different. First of all, they were not pushy, they calmly explained who they were and what they did then asked if I had any questions they could answer. I told them my situation and they said they understood and they politely moved on. I was amazed. Straight away I looked up more information about the company as their calm demeanor sold me. Thank you for training your team right!

Original review: Feb. 21, 2020

I had been researching for a while on how to do a vacation in Mexico. After coming in contact with Royal Holiday it completely made our trip. They were extremely detailed, friendly and helpful. They helped us figure out where to stay, what to do, where to eat and all that kind of stuff. I can't stop saying enough good things about them especially their customer service. I am already looking forward to working with them again.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We were contacted by Royal Holiday to join their program. Basically they sell vacations. The sales rep was very friendly and went out of his way to answer all of our questions. We decided to try it out to see if we couldn't get down to Mexico for cheaper than we have in the past. Overall the experience was wonderful and we have recommended them to our friends.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

We own three timeshares, one of them is with Royal Holiday (we are satisfied with the other two timeshare companies). We have owned the timeshare with Royal Holiday for about 10 years. Without a doubt this is absolutely the worst experience we have had dealing with a timeshare company. We originally bought this timeshare because we vacationed in the Bahamas and at the time Royal Holiday had a wonderful timeshare there. They got rid of the timeshare the next year and we were told every year we called they were working on buying another property there. To date this HAS NOT happened. We have tried to find other destinations that matched our schedules. Have been unsuccessful in finding anything we want. How sad we have paid annual fees and get nothing in return. This company could care less about honoring their part of the contract. Would never recommend using this company to anyone!

Royal Holiday expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

• Best for: Royal Holiday Vacation Club is best for international travelers and frequent travelers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team