4.06/5
Based on 58 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Whether you are looking for a hotel, villa or a cruise, you can rest assured that with Royal Holiday you will be able to find the option that works best for you. Contact us today to start planning your next vacation!

View More View More

132 Royal Holiday Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have purchased a sliver membership from Royal Holiday Club on May 18, 2018 at Hotel Grand Park Royal Cozumel with an initial payment of USD $3,420. During the presentation, the large number of affiliated hotels was my main reason for the purpose since I travel to various locations. The salesman claimed their rates are lower and showed me their online affiliated hotels in several cities that I asked. He promised that all these prices are online and available in the program. I was told that I can use my holiday credits on all their affiliated hotels.

After the trip, their customer service told me that reservations with the affiliated hotels will only be available in the first year of this 30-year long program! I was shocked by such a huge reduction of service period, from 30 years down to 1 year, for the affiliated hotels. The sales were deceptive and fraudulent about the prices and online access to reserve the affiliated hotels with holiday credits.

Then I have requested a cancellation, both via email on June 7, 2018, and FedEx mail on June 11, 2018, but was refused in both occasions. On my contract, an item on Page 3 clearly states that, "This contract may be extemporaneously cancelled by PURCHASER." Also, on Page 5 item 11. states that, "PURCHASER(s) agree that, in the event PURCHASER(S) request contract cancellation, SELLER will issue and deliver a settlement letter indicating the cancellation of granted financing and/or cancellation of any pending balance." By now, I do not understand how Royal Holiday Club could claim in an email that "the cancellation of your contract has not been authorized, since the company has not breached the contract nor the Operating Rules." This company does not respect the contract. Of course, if the sales were fraudulent in the first place, the contract should be invalid from the very beginning.

Original review: May 31, 2018

RH has been great for our family. I like all-inclusive cruises so I don’t really have to plan anything and there’s lots of activities for the kids. My husband wanted to visit Europe, which we managed to pull off as a getaway for just the two of us. Then we sent our two older ones to summer camp. The people are so nice, the resorts have all been great, and there are so many places to visit with an RH membership. Love it!

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have to say, I haven’t always gotten my way with Royal Holiday. Even though I read reviews that said you had to book early, I had to learn my lesson the hard way. One thing I will say is that the people I’ve dealt with have been unfailingly polite and always tried to help me out. When I couldn’t get the location I wanted for my dates, the woman I talked to offered to help me find available destinations similar to the one I missed out on. That’s some great customer service right there.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My business really took off last year and I wasn’t able to get away for any travel, which sucked because of course, I already paid for my credits with Royal Holiday. I was worried I’d just lose the credits, but the company told me I had options to roll them over to the following year or even “rent” them to other travelers and have the cash applied to my account. This was a huge relief and I have to say, I’m really pleased that there are multiple options if I can’t use my credits.

Original review: May 4, 2018

There’s no better way to see the world than with Royal Holiday Vacation Club, but you should really get the highest tier of membership if you can, so you can go anywhere. I’ve been all over Europe – France, Rome, London. I’ve been to beaches in the Caribbean and South America. I’ve been to Whistler and the Kona Coast. With the Royal level membership you can do a big trip or multiple smaller trips each year. If you love to travel and try out new places, you have to get the Royal membership.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: May 3, 2018

Just wanted to write a quick note about my first travel experience as a Royal Holiday member. Sadly, I was not able to book my vacation of choice. I called in to check dates, but the lady confirmed they were booked up. She recommended other locations I might like that would probably still have openings available, so I ended up booking a trip to Costa del Sol instead of the Caribbean. It was AMAZING, and I never would have gone if my first choice was available. Now I know to book early, but I’m also going to keep trying new places, too. Thanks Royal Holiday!

Original review: May 2, 2018

Just returned from a trip to Kauai, HI where we stayed at The Cliffs Club. It took forever to book, I kept having to wait and check for available dates that matched my vacation time, but we finally worked it out and it was everything I hoped for! The location is just gorgeous, with incredible views of the ocean on one side and mountains on the other. There are pools and tennis courts on-site and golfing nearby, although I leave that to my hubby. Off-site are lots of activities - we ended up doing hiking and snorkeling. For anyone thinking of going, this is a dream vacation in an absolutely beautiful spot!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I’ve never had trouble booking my trips through Royal Holiday, although I’ve always booked well in advance, and everyone I’ve spoken to over the phone, by email, or at destinations has been gracious and accommodating. I’ve been to several destinations now in Mexico, Europe, Canada, and the U.S. and recently booked a cruise using my points, and I have absolutely no complaints. The rates are affordable compared to what you might pay booking piecemeal and a lot of locations offer all-inclusive options so you don’t even have to worry about finding restaurants. I’m very happy with the service.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I love everything about being a Royal Holiday member! I joined a few years ago when I was single and actually met my husband on a trip to Cancun when we were staying at the same resort, if you can believe it! So, aside from the fact that Royal Holiday led me to my future husband, I have been able to travel all over the world and stay at great properties in cities I might never have visited otherwise, or that I might have paid a ton for if staying at a regular hotel.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I signed a contract with Royal Holiday on Jan 2017 and sent an email within my 5 day period to cancel but they did not accept my cancellation. After multiple phone calls and messages left no one answered or called me back. I could not afford to pay them anymore and they sent it off to collections saying I owe them 12 thousand dollars. I had never used their services or went on vacation. I felt Royal Holiday was acting bad faith and taking advantage of those like myself. I Hired Mexican Timeshare Solutions a lawyer’s firm and they get my contract cancellation in 3 months.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I am a member of this lying company. They prey on honest people who take vacations and seem to have a noble heart. They are so hungry for my money and will promise anything to convince you. They will pressure you until you fall. Once you’re a member they give you the worst customer service. Any vacation you take they will continue to pressure you to upgrade. They are the devil themselves. I’m in the process of getting rid of them through an attorney and I’m proud to say I have ruined quite a few of their memberships by talking to prospects they prey on while I vacation. This people should go to jail for how dishonest they are and how they steal money of hard working people.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I still have 11 years left on the 30 year membership I purchased and every year when I go to use my points it is the most frustrating and upsetting experience. The locations are average or below... No locations are excellent (like the one where they set up their sales office to suck you into buying). Their staff is very friendly and polite so I have no complaints with the service but it is the policies they uphold that is the issue. I could go on forever with issues about the misleading information provided when you purchase compared to reality. If you don't book early in the year there is nothing available when you try to book. Trust me... STAY AWAY!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I went down to Mexico and had such a great time. The food was delicious. Actually it was incredible. The Mexican food in Mexico is not like it is in the USA. Totally unique and excellent service with an extremely low cost when I looked at the total trip expenses in the end. Really great stuff and the people from Royal Holiday are truly amazing.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My husband and I have been members for several years now. We paid 10's of thousands of US dollars for our membership. When they are selling the membership to you there is promise after promise. You are guaranteed certain rooms. However, last year we encountered a huge problem when I booked our trip with family out of the country for the first time to visit us. ONLY did we get what we paid for after I had to ARGUE what we paid for. Now this year... we always book well in advance... like months. We couldn't get any Spring break locations... NOT Mexico, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Florida etc. ALL dates we entered were NOT available. We PAID Expedia thousands of dollars and got to the location we wanted to go.

Now I'm looking for our summer vacation destination. NOT happening. ALL dates once again are NOT available! When we do book with them you will have to pay yes another $1000 for the ALL inclusive to them AFTER you already paid them 10's of thousands of dollars for your membership already. WE will be canceling our membership and we HIGHLY recommend getting a membership through IBEROSTAR!!! They honor and welcome their members with open arms!!!

So sad Royal Holiday treats their members this way. Oh and if you do get in for a vacation ALL specialty restaurants are always booked even if you book on the first day you arrive. We have seen over and over again the SPECIALTY restaurants be empty and ONLY a half a dozen tables filled!!! SAD. They take your money and run but when they need YOU for hurricane relief they know who to LEAN and CALL on!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I've been with Royal Holiday for several years and I thought it was time to write a review. If you're thinking of joining, do it! The credits are easy to redeem and when you join, you lock in low rates. I've been all over the world and saved money every time, especially when all-inclusive options are offered. I've never had credits go unused, but apparently you can roll them over or sell them. I've heard that some places can get booked up during peak travel seasons, but I always book early and have never had a problem. Do yourself a favor and join, it's the only way to travel.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Just returned from the Grand Rivera Princess in Cancun. Spent 10 days there. The place is amazing. The employees cannot do enough for you, the hotel is spotless pools all over and the variety of food is amazing. The staff at Royal Holiday are so polite and courtesy and always look to help you out. Being a member since 2006 I cannot say enough, and during our last stay 2/1/18 to 2/10/18 purchased an additional 20,000 credits. I highly recommend Royal. There are so many places to visit and dealing with a reputable company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I recently stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cozumel and I don't even know where to start. First, there's the white sand beaches, warm ocean waters, palm trees swaying, the works. Then there's the resort. We woke up to a gorgeous ocean view every morning and the rooms are super posh. We sat in a hot tub on the beach, there's an infinity pool with a swim-up bar and waterslide, there are restaurants and bars in the hotel, and pretty much everything you want is provided. The concierge helped us book a snorkeling tour, which was amazing. Thanks to Royal Holiday for the vacation of a lifetime. I couldn't have asked for more.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I'm not opposed to booking my own travel, setting the itinerary, and hashing out all the details, but sometimes I hate being the one planning everything. I thought it would be nice to have someone else do it for a change. Turns out Royal Holiday doesn't just offer resort hotels at hundreds of destinations, they also have travel agency services available to members. What? How did I not know about this sooner? I could have saved myself so much time and trouble, argh! Needless to say, I will be using this service in the future.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My family has used our Royal Holiday membership to plan huge family trips to Europe, South America, the Caribbean, and all over the U.S. and Canada. I think we made our friends jealous talking about our trips and showing off vacation pics. Anyway, my best friend and his wife decided they wanted to give it a try, so for their first trip I brought them as guests - just bought additional credits so I could add them to our reservation. Long story short, they loved it and signed up for membership when they got back. Looks like our family trips just got a little bigger.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

For my kids when someone told me about Royal Holiday Vacation Club. I had never been part of a vacation club before, but once I started looking into the benefits, I realized it could be great for the whole family. My kids ended up loving the summer camp they attended and couldn't stop gushing about all the activities and the friends they made. I've been trying to plan our first family vacation, but I've hit a snag - with so many locations to choose from, I can't decide where we should go first!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I had to write in to thank the wonderful people at Royal Holiday. I signed up for membership with plans to travel to the Caribbean, but my mom got sick and I just couldn't get away. I was worried about my credits expiring, but when I called in they told me I could roll them over. They were so helpful and compassionate about my situation, and that really meant a lot to me. Now that my mom is recovering, I'm hoping we can go on a Caribbean cruise together in the new year.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Just got back from my first trip to Bariloche, Argentina and it was AMAZING!!! The Aldea Andina Adventure Resort is beautiful. My friends and I got a suite with a lake view. I can't even - it was so gorgeous. I know it's a ski place, but it was so great to get away from winter, enjoying hiking in the woods, boating on the lake, and like 70-80-degree weather daily. It was so relaxing, I would definitely go again! I'm very happy with my Royal Holiday membership and I'm already planning my next trip!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was a bronze member for years when I was single and didn't have a ton of money to travel. Got to see a lot of Europe that way. When I started traveling with my wife (then girlfriend) I upgraded to silver so I had enough credits to bring her along as a guest. Now that we have two daughters and they're finally big enough to travel with, it's time for another upgrade. I am a big fan of Royal Holiday and the cost-effective travel they offer. I liked it before kids and I think it's going to be even better traveling as a family.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Was incredibly happy with my Royal Holiday vacation club trip. We shopped around and looked at over a dozen different vacation packages and ended up going with the Royal Holiday vacation deal because both the price was the best and their overall choices far exceeded what the other travel clubs had to offer.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2018

We got a Membership from Royal Holiday 2 years ago because seemed like a great opportunity for family vacations. They offered free credits, airplane tickets discounts, even rent the membership if we don't use it. **!!! They are lying, they just take your money, you have to pay a mandatory fee for restaurants even if you have all your credits and they do not have available dates to make your reservations. NEVER. Also, you have to pay a fee every year, in addition, to the membership cost (That is too expensive, almost 16,000 dollars). At the end of the day if you look for hotel in different website like Expedia or something like that the price is the same or even less than the Royal Holiday price. So, PLEASE DO NOT buy it!! RUN AWAY. This company is a FRAUD.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I feel the need to elaborate on the accumulation of points in Edwin from Iowa's post. Firstly, as a Bronze member, you earn 5000 points a year, not 10000. However, that is not what I am writing about. As Edwin stated, you do in fact carry over points from the preceding year. However, if you don't use those points in the following year, you lose them. As it was explained to me during my conversation today with Royal Holiday, I earn 5000 points my first year as a bronze member and earn 20% of that the following year. That gives me a total of 6000 points to use for travel. However, if I don't use those points that year, they don't continue to accumulate. They are unfortunately lost. So, in my third year, I'm starting all over again with 5000 points and 1000 points in my fourth year and again must use them or lose them.

Another way of accumulating points is to use what is called an accelerated provision, which allows you to use your points from your 30th year in the plan (this is an obligation, once you sign up, you're stuck for 30 years, it is by no means voluntary). So, if you have 5000 points in your 30th year and you use those points during your first year of membership, your term has been reduced by two years after your first year in the plan (the first year plus the 30th year of which you have used your entitled points for that year). Sound reasonable? Not really. The reason is this: In order to use your entitled points in your 30th year, you must also pay the $415 yearly maintenance fee for that year, in addition to the $415 yearly maintenance fee for the current year. Also, you must use this feature at least 15 times over the life of your membership in order for it to benefit you.

In other words, if you take advantage of this feature (accelerated provision) only 14 times, you are obligated for the full term of 30 years! It should also be noted that over the life of your membership, you are entitled to the carry over provision (remember earlier-5000 points earned the prior year entitles you to carry over those 5000 point plus 1000 points earned the following year) only 10 times over the course of your 30 year obligation.

This data isn't in the contract when you sign up, however there is a provision in the contract that tells you that this information is on the company’s website and that you understand this before you sign the contract. My recommendation is that if you are considering signing up with this company (normally high pressure sales at one of their resorts), that you review the destinations that you will be travelling to and see if you will have sufficient points for that destination for the amount of time that you plan on staying there (6000 points sounds like a lot unless it requires 10000 points or more to stay at the resort of your choosing).

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My husband and I were looking for an affordable way to travel with our two boys when a friend told us about Royal Holiday. I had never really considered a vacation club before, I didn't even really know what it was, but I was surprised by what you could get for the price. We have already gone on two vacations, one of them with our friends who recommended the club. It was easy to coordinate booking and the kids all got to play together, which was great. We're trying to convince our family members to sign up now so we can all book family vacations together. It's just so easy to book and coordinate!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I had heard that cruises to Alaska were just incredible, so when my wife and I signed up for Royal Holiday Vacation Club, we decided that would be our first trip. What can I say? It was unbelievable. The ship accommodations were great. We skipped the balcony to save some credits, but we spent so little time in the room, it didn't even matter. There was so much to do on the boat, we had great food, did a couple's massage, and went to movies on the deck. And then there was the scenery - just incredible. Can't think of a better way to travel on a set budget for retirement.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I always wanted to do resort travel, but it was too expensive, so I usually ended up staying at crappy hotels and spending my money on activities so I wouldn't have to sit in the hotel. This is not the case with Royal Holiday Vacation Club. My parents were using it and convinced me to sign up and I can't believe what you get for the money. Resort accommodations, food and drinks, access to private beaches, and more. Now I don't even have to leave the hotel to have an awesome vacation.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

My family and I love winter sports and have been to Whistler more than once. It's great because it's not as crowded as some other ski resort towns. The only problem is the cost and difficulty booking rooms during the peak winter season. I was so happy to find that Royal Holiday has a location in Whistler! We still have to book in advance to make sure we can all get rooms at the same time, but we're saving a lot over traditional bookings!

Royal Holiday expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

• Best for: Royal Holiday Vacation Club is best for international travelers and frequent travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs