3.72/5

Discover a great timeshare now

Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Whether you are looking for a hotel, villa or a cruise, you can rest assured that with Royal Holiday you will be able to find the option that works best for you. Contact us today to start planning your next vacation!

Discover a great timeshare now

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Royal Holiday Reviews

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I was so impressed with the Hotel Staff during our most recent stay at the Royal Holiday Resort that I had to come on here and explain why they were so impressive. My son is disabled and often has a very hard time traveling with us when we go on vacation. When we decided that it was time for us to have a vacation outside of the country I worried about how he would be able to enjoy the vacation with us. We ended up using our travel points with Royal Holiday and booking a vacation to Mexico. When we arrived the hotel had sent a van to the airport to pick us up. We had informed them beforehand that we would need assistance to get to the hotel. The driver who picked us up knew everything about the local attractions and even helped us to find activities that our son could do.

Once we arrived at the hotel their staff took our luggage and helped us get our son to the hotel room. They talked to him like there was nothing wrong and helped him feel normal. As a mother I can't put into words what this meant to me. It made the vacation truly a once in a lifetime experience for him and helped him come out of his shell. I would recommend this hotel staff to absolutely anyone looking to be taken care of. They went above and beyond.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

We have been members with Royal Holiday for quite some time now. We have gone on a multitude of vacations and have always had an amazing time. Recently we had a vacation planned for Christmas to go to Cancun. We were very excited to enjoy the beaches of Cancun instead of the snow. Unfortunately my husband had an accident which has since changed those plans until he can get better. We were worried that we would not be able to cancel our vacation and reschedule it for another time.

I called up customer service and explained our problem. The representative listen carefully and told me he would have to check with his manager to see what they could do for us. He came back with news that we would be able to reschedule it for another time without losing any of our travel points. This was above and beyond what I was expecting as our vacation was so close and I know rescheduling it can be difficult. I am very grateful to work with a company that will put its customer's needs in front of its own.

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: March 14, 2019

My family and I just had the most amazing vacation ever booked through Royal Holiday Vacation Club. We were able to go to Cancun! I am still giddy with excitement over how much fun we had! In my opinion the vacation was well worth the price that we spent to book it through Royal Holiday! They were very kind to us, they helped us each step of the way and made sure that we knew exactly what was going to happen. Once we got everything squared away with them we started our adventure! Let me tell you Cancun is beautiful. The water was extremely clear, we got to lounge on the beach all day. One of the days we decided to go explore inland more and it is so green! I don't think I have ever seen so much green in one place. Definitely a dream vacation!

Original review: March 14, 2019

After reading through these reviews on this website about whether or not Royal Holiday is a good deal or not and I want to give my down to earth, honest opinion. To start things off it is quite insulting to say that every person in the United States cannot do math. I agree that there are some that cannot but in reality it is prejudice to say that everyone can't. I am not even from the United States and I know that people there can do math! There are a few things to consider when booking a vacation, you need to think about location, flights, food, activities, and convenience.

Convenience is where Royal Holiday creates value. By booking with Royal Holiday a customer can save money and time by working with them to create an ideal vacation. All of the resorts that I have gone to have been well maintained, private, and all inclusive. These are things that you cannot put a dollar amount to. Our last vacation we went to Puerto Rico. I did the "math" after reading these reviews and found that on average we have saved $500 dollars on each of our vacations. This adds up. Royal Holiday is well worth the money and in fact will help you save money in the end. I might be a little biased because Royal Holiday offers so many vacations to my country. But it's a value that you can't beat and I will continue to suggest to all my friends and family that they go with Royal Holiday for their vacations.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I was not sure about Royal Holiday when I first contacted them. They seemed nice and all but it was scary to try something like them. We decided to book a trip with them to Cancun to see how it was. Let's start with the booking process. We went online and called our account representative and they helped us pick out a vacation. We decided to go with Cancun because it was somewhere we had been before and we were more comfortable with it. We got down to Mexico and the airline told us that our luggage hadn't arrived yet. That was no good, but they said they would send it to our hotel. Royal Holiday called us the minute that it arrived at the hotel and we were able to pick it up without any problems. That was very impressive to me. I was scared we would be stuck in Mexico without luggage but they helped us get our luggage back. The resort was very nice. It seemed clean and the staff were welcoming.

We spent most of our time in the ruins around Cancun because I am from Miami and beaches aren't as impressive as they once were. There were excursions right outside the hotel that they helped us book. The ease of doing the whole vacation was downright impressive. We are now back in Miami and I am thinking we will probably do our next vacation with Royal Holiday as well. Maybe we will do something more adventurous than Mexico. Either way we are happy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

Do NOT and I repeat DO NOT do this. I have hired another company to dispute our contract. Useless. Not one response to them or me. Let's start with some facts: I was phone solicited, I was coerced and promised stuff. When I got home, said stuff had fine print (which was emailed to me circled). Tried to cancel, no response. Hired a company to help, not one response. Not one. Phone calls still coming in to book our next "Royal Holiday", but not one email response. Paid off the credit card they sold us for the 9K deposit, and now, phone calls for why we have not paid the next monthly invoice. But yet again, no response to our dispute.

We were sold a package and were told we could use it for cruises. The first cruise I tried to book was a $1000 in "all inclusive fees". I tried to use the coupons they gave us "30,000" credits for our first "Royal Vacation" we were told we could not use until we had paid half the $30,000 contract amount. This info we received via email in the form of fine print from the contract circled. We will not be paying the balance and we will be fighting to keep our credit rating... oh yeah, they go after your credit rating. Do NOT BELIEVE THEIR SALES PEOPLE! TOTAL RIP OFF AND A THREAT TO YOUR CREDIT!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

Recently my husband and I went on a wonderful vacation to Cancun. We were able to do this through a company we found online called Royal Holiday. They had us pay for points that we could then put towards a vacation. When we were researching the company we ended up calling them because we had a few questions on how the points worked. We were connected with a young lady who was absolutely wonderful. She explained to us that our points would add up until we were able to afford our dream vacation. In the end we sign up and haven't looked back since. It is people like her that keep a business around.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

I wanted to take a moment to thank the wonderful people at the hotel that we stayed in on our most recent Royal Holiday vacation. From the front end staff to the maids in our room they took care of myself and my family. I don't think people in those positions get enough credit for what they do to make vacations enjoyable. I would highly recommend the Royal Holiday hotel in Puerto Vallarta to anyone looking to go on an amazing vacation. They truly made it the best time of our lives.

Resolution response: Oct. 23, 2019

Following numerous emails and social media postings, we were able to receive a Mutual Release Agreement on Oct 22. Although they refuse to refund our money, we are rid of them!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Like any good sales person, the point is to sell the product. When approached by Royal Holiday Vacations in the Dominican Republic this Sept, we were given coffee and smiles galore. All the while, I felt like they just wouldn't take no for an answer. Let's not forget all the promises of discounts and free vacations if we signed up right away. Upon our return home, we did some research and realized we had really gotten ourselves into a bad situation. A 30 year contract with no way to cancel! I placed a call to the legal representative and she offered us a lower points package, which we declined. I was polite while letting her know that we had decided to cancel immediately and that we understood that any money paid to date would be lost ($7000+ Canadian).

Nope. According to them, you cannot cancel this contract. (They can't be serious.) What happened to a day grace period? Apparently they were supposed to have this information in their contracts but it wasn't in ours nor did they mention this to us. Here's the kicker. I asked two different people about cancellation options. Both said the same thing to me... "You just let us know that you want to cancel and it's that easy. However, you will not get your down payment back." As it turns out, it isn't that easy! I've emailed and called several times and basically, in the nut shell, this contract is set in stone. I'm reaching out to anyone else who has or is now going through the same thing with this company. I'll fight them to hell and back before they get another penny from us. Any help on how to deal with this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

My wife and I were approached in a Mexican airport during vacation to buy a 4 day 3 night in a resort of our choice, and all we had to do is pay that amount $180.00 and schedule our stay within a year. Three weeks later I read the small letters on the paper I signed to find out that I had to attend a 90 minute presentation as part of the promotion. I called a month later to make our so call promotional reservation in Puerto Vallarta to learn that at check in, I had to pay another 180.00 dollars in fees.

I told Ruben (Royal Holiday representative) that I was not told of additional fees upon our arrival and Ruben stated that I had to pay the resort fees. I told Ruben that the only hotel I liked was the Grand Park Royal, Ruben stated that it was exclusively an all inclusive resort and that I had to pay $300.00 for food for both of us instead of the $180.00 dollars just for the room on the other resort. I research the Grand Park Royal in Puerto Vallarta to verify cost thru Expedia and surprisingly, the all inclusive hotel cost a little less than what Royal Holiday was charging me.

In addition, I researched the hotel Ruben was proposing for $360 dollars for 3 nights to find out that Airbnb had condominium at the same complex for $160.00 for 3 nights. I confronted Ruben, told him what I found from Expedia and Airbnb and insisted that their cost can not be matched and offered a free tour “Discovery El Eden”. After few days, we decided to make the reservation with Royal Holiday because I was going to lose the $180.00 dollars I had already paid.

At the Grand Park Royal we had an even worse experience. We checked in, a Royal Holiday employee talk to us and ask questions. The next day, was presentation time for 90 minutes, we meet a manager that explained the process and emphasize that in our part was a “yes” or “no” to buy and will not be a problem. The end result was an abusive retention from 5 different people to convince me and my wife to buy their membership that lasted from 8:00 am to noon instead of the 90 minutes that is stipulated. What got me more irritated was that when I realize it was noon time, we had to do the closing paperwork and even during that time the last guy asking the closing questions was not accepting my answers and still try to convince me to buy.

When we were finally out, meet with the first person that receive us during check in and I remind her that I had a free tour and wanted to schedule it the next day… She said that she will look into that. The next day, I send her a reminder and send me with the tour organizer to find out that my wife and I were not on the list. The third day went by and no news as well. I had hoped that the free tour would help me recoup monetary losses as oppose to Expedia.

A few things that we learned: I will never in my life deal with Royal Holiday in the future. This people want to sell you a plan that may not suit your needs. I was offered a room with ocean view, and what we got was a room with partial ocean view, partial view of the pool and the vast majority of the view was the roof tile of the buffet restaurant. Their accommodations did not suit our bedding needs either, beds are very small and are suitable for an adult and child on each bed, not two adults. Employees at the Grand Park Royal Resort provided great service. Totally different treatment received from the sales people from Royal Holiday.

If you like this concept, do not fall on the original and higher offer price tag, in our case they went more than half of the starting membership price to try to sell it to us. And this is just accommodations. In addition to that; the pool, gym and bar on the twelve floor could only be use at additional cost. During the try to convincing process, they revealed several things such as… I will give you their cost on additional items, so that tells me that they act as agents themselves and sell additional items higher for a profit… such tours etc. Be careful when you are offered a good deal from Royal Holiday. May happen to you what happened to us.

Buying the so call promotion at the airport from Royal Holiday, turn out to be a big mistake. A lot of wasted time, headaches, a torturing convincing session where at times they were losing the respect, we as customers deserve and that we should have never gone thru, if I would have purchase it from Expedia and suited with our bedding needs. If you make decent money like I do, do not reveal it. Otherwise, they will be persistent, be hostile to a point, and basically not respecting a “no” for an answer to get the most out of your pocket. They will send you several people to try to convince you to buy the membership.

I was upfront with them since the beginning. You are not giving me anything because I paid more to you that what I should have. We do not like this type of membership approaches, therefore, we are not planning to buy and we are just here to comply with the 90 minute presentation. This was a very unfortunate experience we had from Royal Holiday personnel and hope you do not go thru this. I am not the type of person that write reviews but I felt that this is necessary to make readers aware. Read the fine print and be aware of hidden fees.

Royal Holiday expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

• Best for: Royal Holiday Vacation Club is best for international travelers and frequent travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs