4.00/5
Based on 54 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Discover a great timeshare now

Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Whether you are looking for a hotel, villa or a cruise, you can rest assured that with Royal Holiday you will be able to find the option that works best for you. Contact us today to start planning your next vacation!

View More View More

138 Royal Holiday Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

The credit system is pretty easy to use. You get a certain amount of credits each year and they roll over, you can bank them for your next trip, which is nice. I wasn’t expecting my credits to actually transfer without a fight, but it was really easy to get my credits applied to my next vacation. They didn’t even give me trouble over the phone, which was great and unexpected since usually customer service people are not that helpful. I don’t always have time to go on vacation every year due to my work, so I was doubtful about whether or not a membership like this would work. It’s been pretty good so far, a few years back I took a trip to Mexico City, which I’d always wanted to see. I can’t go this year because of work but I’m excited to hold onto my credits for an even better trip next year.

Original review: July 30, 2018

Once my kids left home my husband and I pretty much gave up on the idea of taking vacations. What’s the point? I’m starting to see the error of my ways. Royal Holiday was recommended to me by a friend who’s always darting off to some exotic location and I figured I might as well give it a try. In the past two years, we went to a beautiful resort in Rio and took a short “staycation” here in San Francisco. I had my doubts about what the rooms were going to be like but they weren’t cheap looking or overly touristy. Both times the lodgings were wonderful and I had no complaints. It made me remember how nice it was to take vacations before the kids came along. I felt truly relaxed for the first time in ages. I can’t wait to start planning my next trip: Maybe Italy?

Get expert buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 29, 2018

I’m seriously impressed with the customer service. I was trying to book a hotel for a week and I got a little confused about the dates, so I called them up and got someone who was really well-informed and walked me through it. I didn’t know a ton about Royal Holiday since I got my membership as a gift from my sister (who wants us all to take more family vacations together.) The woman on the phone laid it out for me: Me and my family can basically go wherever we want for a non-competitive rate, which is great. We’re looking at places to head out for our first ever family vacation next year since my sister and I were kids, and I have to say, I’m getting kind of excited. I’m glad my sister did this: It’s something I would have never thought to do for the family.

Original review: July 29, 2018

Ronald ** here and I bought the timeshare package in May of 2018 and changed my mind after reviewing experiences others had about where to go this summer. We went on a cruise instead and the family loved it. Also because my family is 6 people it's hard to find affordable vacation packages. Originally they told me I can use couch until my little one is 6 years old, and I thought to myself, well, it's fine, but after trying to do reservations online, I decided the price was affordable enough to book extra rooms. The contracts are tight but after reviewing them it's a really good deal compared to other travel offers we receive.

Original review: July 25, 2018

I bought the timeshare in Dec 2017 and change my mind after reviewing the posts of other's experience. Also because my family is of 5 members and the majority of their rooms are limited to 4, originally they told me I can use couch until my little one is 12 years old, and I thought to myself, well, it's fine, but after trying to do reservations online, this is not achievable, so I have to either upgrade my room or book 2 rooms, both options means paying more. I've filed a dispute claim through my credit card since RH is not accepting my cancellation. I have ruled clause # 10 where it's stated that contract may be extemporaneously terminated by purchaser. Thinking on involving Profeco now. Does anyone has experience with Profeco? Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: July 3, 2018

My husband and I bought from Royal Holiday on Oct.20, 2006. We paid 8,520.00. We had paid annual fees since then. I have small dogs that I do not like to leave behind. None of the properties accept dogs, so I really don't enjoy my trips. We are both 70 and we need to find properties that are not all inclusive and in locations that are impacted by a lot of tourists or not close to the amenities that we prefer. I contacted the resort and I told them that I want to cancel my membership and they told me that it was impossible. I sent them several emails but the answer was always negative.

I hired a lawyer firm that achieved the cancellation. It has been a very long and stressful year but very rewarding when our ordeal with this unwanted timeshare was finally resolved. We hope no one ever has to go through this nightmare! Thank Mexican Timeshare Solutions for a successful outcome and it was a pleasure working with them. If you are an old couple, beware of Timeshare. They are definitely not for you.

Resolution response: June 29, 2018

The company and I have reached an agreement with my satisfaction. The company is willing to hear my complaints and help to resolve the issue to full scale. I appreciate ConsumerAffairs' help to reach the company.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I have purchased a sliver membership from Royal Holiday Club on May 18, 2018 at Hotel Grand Park Royal Cozumel with an initial payment of USD $3,420. During the presentation, the large number of affiliated hotels was my main reason for the purpose since I travel to various locations. The salesman claimed their rates are lower and showed me their online affiliated hotels in several cities that I asked. He promised that all these prices are online and available in the program. I was told that I can use my holiday credits on all their affiliated hotels.

After the trip, their customer service told me that reservations with the affiliated hotels will only be available in the first year of this 30-year long program! I was shocked by such a huge reduction of service period, from 30 years down to 1 year, for the affiliated hotels. The sales were deceptive and fraudulent about the prices and online access to reserve the affiliated hotels with holiday credits.

Then I have requested a cancellation, both via email on June 7, 2018, and FedEx mail on June 11, 2018, but was refused in both occasions. On my contract, an item on Page 3 clearly states that, "This contract may be extemporaneously cancelled by PURCHASER." Also, on Page 5 item 11. states that, "PURCHASER(s) agree that, in the event PURCHASER(S) request contract cancellation, SELLER will issue and deliver a settlement letter indicating the cancellation of granted financing and/or cancellation of any pending balance." By now, I do not understand how Royal Holiday Club could claim in an email that "the cancellation of your contract has not been authorized, since the company has not breached the contract nor the Operating Rules." This company does not respect the contract. Of course, if the sales were fraudulent in the first place, the contract should be invalid from the very beginning.

Original review: May 31, 2018

RH has been great for our family. I like all-inclusive cruises so I don’t really have to plan anything and there’s lots of activities for the kids. My husband wanted to visit Europe, which we managed to pull off as a getaway for just the two of us. Then we sent our two older ones to summer camp. The people are so nice, the resorts have all been great, and there are so many places to visit with an RH membership. Love it!

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have to say, I haven’t always gotten my way with Royal Holiday. Even though I read reviews that said you had to book early, I had to learn my lesson the hard way. One thing I will say is that the people I’ve dealt with have been unfailingly polite and always tried to help me out. When I couldn’t get the location I wanted for my dates, the woman I talked to offered to help me find available destinations similar to the one I missed out on. That’s some great customer service right there.

Original review: May 5, 2018

My business really took off last year and I wasn’t able to get away for any travel, which sucked because of course, I already paid for my credits with Royal Holiday. I was worried I’d just lose the credits, but the company told me I had options to roll them over to the following year or even “rent” them to other travelers and have the cash applied to my account. This was a huge relief and I have to say, I’m really pleased that there are multiple options if I can’t use my credits.

Original review: May 4, 2018

There’s no better way to see the world than with Royal Holiday Vacation Club, but you should really get the highest tier of membership if you can, so you can go anywhere. I’ve been all over Europe – France, Rome, London. I’ve been to beaches in the Caribbean and South America. I’ve been to Whistler and the Kona Coast. With the Royal level membership you can do a big trip or multiple smaller trips each year. If you love to travel and try out new places, you have to get the Royal membership.

Original review: May 3, 2018

Just wanted to write a quick note about my first travel experience as a Royal Holiday member. Sadly, I was not able to book my vacation of choice. I called in to check dates, but the lady confirmed they were booked up. She recommended other locations I might like that would probably still have openings available, so I ended up booking a trip to Costa del Sol instead of the Caribbean. It was AMAZING, and I never would have gone if my first choice was available. Now I know to book early, but I’m also going to keep trying new places, too. Thanks Royal Holiday!

Original review: May 2, 2018

Just returned from a trip to Kauai, HI where we stayed at The Cliffs Club. It took forever to book, I kept having to wait and check for available dates that matched my vacation time, but we finally worked it out and it was everything I hoped for! The location is just gorgeous, with incredible views of the ocean on one side and mountains on the other. There are pools and tennis courts on-site and golfing nearby, although I leave that to my hubby. Off-site are lots of activities - we ended up doing hiking and snorkeling. For anyone thinking of going, this is a dream vacation in an absolutely beautiful spot!

Original review: May 1, 2018

I’ve never had trouble booking my trips through Royal Holiday, although I’ve always booked well in advance, and everyone I’ve spoken to over the phone, by email, or at destinations has been gracious and accommodating. I’ve been to several destinations now in Mexico, Europe, Canada, and the U.S. and recently booked a cruise using my points, and I have absolutely no complaints. The rates are affordable compared to what you might pay booking piecemeal and a lot of locations offer all-inclusive options so you don’t even have to worry about finding restaurants. I’m very happy with the service.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I love everything about being a Royal Holiday member! I joined a few years ago when I was single and actually met my husband on a trip to Cancun when we were staying at the same resort, if you can believe it! So, aside from the fact that Royal Holiday led me to my future husband, I have been able to travel all over the world and stay at great properties in cities I might never have visited otherwise, or that I might have paid a ton for if staying at a regular hotel.

Original review: April 27, 2018

I signed a contract with Royal Holiday on Jan 2017 and sent an email within my 5 day period to cancel but they did not accept my cancellation. After multiple phone calls and messages left no one answered or called me back. I could not afford to pay them anymore and they sent it off to collections saying I owe them 12 thousand dollars. I had never used their services or went on vacation. I felt Royal Holiday was acting bad faith and taking advantage of those like myself. I Hired Mexican Timeshare Solutions a lawyer’s firm and they get my contract cancellation in 3 months.

Original review: April 26, 2018

I am a member of this lying company. They prey on honest people who take vacations and seem to have a noble heart. They are so hungry for my money and will promise anything to convince you. They will pressure you until you fall. Once you’re a member they give you the worst customer service. Any vacation you take they will continue to pressure you to upgrade. They are the devil themselves. I’m in the process of getting rid of them through an attorney and I’m proud to say I have ruined quite a few of their memberships by talking to prospects they prey on while I vacation. This people should go to jail for how dishonest they are and how they steal money of hard working people.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I still have 11 years left on the 30 year membership I purchased and every year when I go to use my points it is the most frustrating and upsetting experience. The locations are average or below... No locations are excellent (like the one where they set up their sales office to suck you into buying). Their staff is very friendly and polite so I have no complaints with the service but it is the policies they uphold that is the issue. I could go on forever with issues about the misleading information provided when you purchase compared to reality. If you don't book early in the year there is nothing available when you try to book. Trust me... STAY AWAY!

Original review: April 2, 2018

I went down to Mexico and had such a great time. The food was delicious. Actually it was incredible. The Mexican food in Mexico is not like it is in the USA. Totally unique and excellent service with an extremely low cost when I looked at the total trip expenses in the end. Really great stuff and the people from Royal Holiday are truly amazing.

Original review: March 30, 2018

My husband and I have been members for several years now. We paid 10's of thousands of US dollars for our membership. When they are selling the membership to you there is promise after promise. You are guaranteed certain rooms. However, last year we encountered a huge problem when I booked our trip with family out of the country for the first time to visit us. ONLY did we get what we paid for after I had to ARGUE what we paid for. Now this year... we always book well in advance... like months. We couldn't get any Spring break locations... NOT Mexico, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Florida etc. ALL dates we entered were NOT available. We PAID Expedia thousands of dollars and got to the location we wanted to go.

Now I'm looking for our summer vacation destination. NOT happening. ALL dates once again are NOT available! When we do book with them you will have to pay yes another $1000 for the ALL inclusive to them AFTER you already paid them 10's of thousands of dollars for your membership already. WE will be canceling our membership and we HIGHLY recommend getting a membership through IBEROSTAR!!! They honor and welcome their members with open arms!!!

So sad Royal Holiday treats their members this way. Oh and if you do get in for a vacation ALL specialty restaurants are always booked even if you book on the first day you arrive. We have seen over and over again the SPECIALTY restaurants be empty and ONLY a half a dozen tables filled!!! SAD. They take your money and run but when they need YOU for hurricane relief they know who to LEAN and CALL on!!!

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

I've been with Royal Holiday for several years and I thought it was time to write a review. If you're thinking of joining, do it! The credits are easy to redeem and when you join, you lock in low rates. I've been all over the world and saved money every time, especially when all-inclusive options are offered. I've never had credits go unused, but apparently you can roll them over or sell them. I've heard that some places can get booked up during peak travel seasons, but I always book early and have never had a problem. Do yourself a favor and join, it's the only way to travel.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Just returned from the Grand Rivera Princess in Cancun. Spent 10 days there. The place is amazing. The employees cannot do enough for you, the hotel is spotless pools all over and the variety of food is amazing. The staff at Royal Holiday are so polite and courtesy and always look to help you out. Being a member since 2006 I cannot say enough, and during our last stay 2/1/18 to 2/10/18 purchased an additional 20,000 credits. I highly recommend Royal. There are so many places to visit and dealing with a reputable company.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

I recently stayed at the Grand Park Royal Cozumel and I don't even know where to start. First, there's the white sand beaches, warm ocean waters, palm trees swaying, the works. Then there's the resort. We woke up to a gorgeous ocean view every morning and the rooms are super posh. We sat in a hot tub on the beach, there's an infinity pool with a swim-up bar and waterslide, there are restaurants and bars in the hotel, and pretty much everything you want is provided. The concierge helped us book a snorkeling tour, which was amazing. Thanks to Royal Holiday for the vacation of a lifetime. I couldn't have asked for more.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I'm not opposed to booking my own travel, setting the itinerary, and hashing out all the details, but sometimes I hate being the one planning everything. I thought it would be nice to have someone else do it for a change. Turns out Royal Holiday doesn't just offer resort hotels at hundreds of destinations, they also have travel agency services available to members. What? How did I not know about this sooner? I could have saved myself so much time and trouble, argh! Needless to say, I will be using this service in the future.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

My family has used our Royal Holiday membership to plan huge family trips to Europe, South America, the Caribbean, and all over the U.S. and Canada. I think we made our friends jealous talking about our trips and showing off vacation pics. Anyway, my best friend and his wife decided they wanted to give it a try, so for their first trip I brought them as guests - just bought additional credits so I could add them to our reservation. Long story short, they loved it and signed up for membership when they got back. Looks like our family trips just got a little bigger.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

For my kids when someone told me about Royal Holiday Vacation Club. I had never been part of a vacation club before, but once I started looking into the benefits, I realized it could be great for the whole family. My kids ended up loving the summer camp they attended and couldn't stop gushing about all the activities and the friends they made. I've been trying to plan our first family vacation, but I've hit a snag - with so many locations to choose from, I can't decide where we should go first!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2018

I had to write in to thank the wonderful people at Royal Holiday. I signed up for membership with plans to travel to the Caribbean, but my mom got sick and I just couldn't get away. I was worried about my credits expiring, but when I called in they told me I could roll them over. They were so helpful and compassionate about my situation, and that really meant a lot to me. Now that my mom is recovering, I'm hoping we can go on a Caribbean cruise together in the new year.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

Just got back from my first trip to Bariloche, Argentina and it was AMAZING!!! The Aldea Andina Adventure Resort is beautiful. My friends and I got a suite with a lake view. I can't even - it was so gorgeous. I know it's a ski place, but it was so great to get away from winter, enjoying hiking in the woods, boating on the lake, and like 70-80-degree weather daily. It was so relaxing, I would definitely go again! I'm very happy with my Royal Holiday membership and I'm already planning my next trip!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I was a bronze member for years when I was single and didn't have a ton of money to travel. Got to see a lot of Europe that way. When I started traveling with my wife (then girlfriend) I upgraded to silver so I had enough credits to bring her along as a guest. Now that we have two daughters and they're finally big enough to travel with, it's time for another upgrade. I am a big fan of Royal Holiday and the cost-effective travel they offer. I liked it before kids and I think it's going to be even better traveling as a family.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Was incredibly happy with my Royal Holiday vacation club trip. We shopped around and looked at over a dozen different vacation packages and ended up going with the Royal Holiday vacation deal because both the price was the best and their overall choices far exceeded what the other travel clubs had to offer.

Not sure about Royal Holiday?
    Take our two minute quiz to find the right Timeshares for you.

Royal Holiday expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

• Best for: Royal Holiday Vacation Club is best for international travelers and frequent travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
    ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

Royal Holiday Company Information

royal-holiday.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business