2. Travel
  3. Timeshares

4.5/5 (53 ratings)

About Royal Holiday

Royal Holiday gives its members the possibility to travel to over 180 different destinations. From flexible and convenient travel options, Royal Holiday allows you to spend memorable times with your family.

Royal Holiday Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Royal Holiday?

Original review: July 14, 2021

I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels in my life and Grand Park Royal Cozumel was really fun. They always have some sort of activity going on you will never be bored. The room was great and we had the best view. We spent a lot of time swimming in either one of the many pools or the ocean. I became a serious water baby and then came back and enjoyed some great food.

Original review: March 22, 2021

Besides their wonderfully and beautifully priced vacation trip rates their membership card and program that they offer is absolutely wonderful. It’s definitely something to look into depending on what package you get. They offer you the amount of allotted countries in hotels and special promotional flights that you’re allowed to receive or attend. For example I went to London for 10 nights and it only cost me around 60,000 membership points which rack up extremely fast.

Get buying tips about Timeshares delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

My boyfriend and I recently took a trip to Acapulco and it was LOVELY. As someone whose close family members are at-risk individuals to COVID, I was really happy with their Safe Guest Program they've put into place. They sanitize our room regularly, and they stayed quite vigilant with recreational areas like the poolside, the bar, and the spa (which was my favorite place). There were literally zero issues other than on the flight there, there was a kid kicking the back of my chair. Other than that, it was a flawless experience.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2021

I think that Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a good company that obviously has a few struggles but overall does things right. My wife and I were members up until COVID hit (made it impossible to travel ANYWHERE). We enjoyed our time as members, we had some really great trips. The one thing we would improve is the time it takes to process customer service requests. When we had to cancel one of our trips last-minute, we had to wait up to a week to get the issue fully sorted out. It ended up working out, and even though it took lots of patience, I'm happy with how they handled our claim. Thanks guys.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Alright, so when I found Royal Holiday I was honestly a bit skeptical. It almost seemed TOO GOOD to be true. My sister-in-law told introduced me to the company and explained it. (She had a girlfriend whose husband was an executive in the company or something.) But it was completely legit and I'm REALLY happy with the trips that we've been able to go on. Even with COVID, I was worried that the good times would end but they've done a really great job at keeping us informed of what was happening and now cruises are back open (albeit with several safety guidelines in place). Check it out if you're looking for great experiences!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

We had to change the reservations a few times. It wasn't stressful though. Things were accomplished quickly each time and when we finally got to Mexico everything was so much fun. We will subsequently use Royal Holiday club again.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

The hotel room wasn't ready when we got there, but the staff kept our luggage in the front until it was. We went to eat and by the time we got back they actually moved the luggage to our room and left our keys for us. It's so nice to have such friendly people at the resort.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2021

Our reservations were exactly what we expected and so much more. The resort offered a lot of perks and everyone was so friendly. We spent days at the pool and nights enjoying the nightlife. This was perfect.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

We chose Hotel Villa Tequila for our last trip. Can you guess which alcoholic beverage we like to imbibe in? Seriously though, it sits on a former tequila-producing estate. The service was fabulous and yes, we did enjoy just a bit of tequila.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2021

Our goal is to experience each and every one of their locations in Mexico. Our latest trip took us to Cuernavaca where we stayed at Villa Bejar and toured Palacio de Cortés and Cuernavaca Cathedral. When we were not taking advantage of the sites, we were perfectly content to relax by the pool and in the spa.

Royal Holiday author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Royal Holiday Vacation Club offers memberships that let you travel to nearly 200 destinations in over 50 countries. It has over 100,000 members and has been in business since 1983. Royal Holiday Vacation Club is a subsidiary of Park Royal Hotels and Resorts.

• Destination choices: You can choose from a wide variety of destinations to visit as a Royal Holiday Vacation Club member. Options include Buenos Aires, London, Paris, the Poconos, Orlando, the Dominican Republic and hundreds more.

• Cruises: You can use your membership points to take a cruise. Cruise line options include Carnival, Princess Cruises, MSC Cruceros and Australis.

• Special deals: Royal Holiday Vacation Club has special discounts so you get more bang for your Royal Holiday points. You can visit the company’s website to see current special offers.

• Flexible: Unlike a timeshare, you can use your points at any destination at any time. You’re not locked into a particular location or schedule.

• Blog: Visit the company’s website to read several blogs. Royal Holiday has blogs for travel, destinations, news and jobs. The blogs offer helpful advice about traveling for everyone, not just for vacation club members.

Royal Holiday Company Information