1.52/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

205 Red Roof Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Went up to VA Fri night and needed a place to stay. Place was filthy-smelly-nasty. Checked out 10 minutes after I checked in and still haven't gotten a refund back as they've promised. Have to call my bank. Don't ever stay there! Place is a rip-off.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

HomeTowne Studios Denver - Airport/Aurora. 3705 N. Chambers Rd. Aurora, Colorado, 80011. I'm writing about Home Towne Studios by Red Roof Inn. I choose this place because it was the least expensive. After our car was stolen and being Robbed and beaten on the RTD while everyone just ignored or watched, my brother and I were in a homeless shelter until we received our check. I booked a room with Hotels.com For 21 days. Paid upfront. I have the receipt for 1225.50 and confirmation #. Our reservation was reconfirmed at 9:21 the next morning. Upon arriving at around 12:40 pm I was so called greeted by the Manager I believe.

The first thing that she said was, "Are those your pets? "(As she leaned stomach first on the counter). I said, "No. They are service animals." She said, "Even the one who's barking?" I said, "Yes. He's in training and is very stressed by our situation. I am the handler, they are my brother's service dogs. They detect seizures. The older One is 18 and retiring. And the little one is training." (I said again.) She said, "Well I have to check and see if you can have 2 in a room!"

This was completely out of line. Service dogs have every right to be in a hotel, as long as they do not disturb, or threaten anyone. If the owner cleans up after the service animal there is no question the hotel is required to accept them. She walked out and came back and said, "It doesn't matter anyway. Your reservation was canceled by Trivago for fraud! You need to call them!"

We proceeded to make calls to prove there was no fraud. She then came out for her cigarette right in front of the property. This is I'm sure is not what any hotel wants to hear. Upon realizing we would get nowhere with Hotel.com today we asked how much for one night? We now have no money in the bank because Hotel.com has it and only 120 bucks cash. We were told the Manager said we would not be able to stay there because of fraud!!!

We have now literally been outside the hotel. With me, my sick mentally and physically challenged brother who just was released from the hospital for pneumonia, 2 service dogs, enough money for only 1 night, no place to go, and now turned away for nothing! Now where does she get off making this decision without listening to what actually happened. There was no fraud. Our account and card were fine. In fact if there had been fraud as in wrong zip code or email/address my bank would have rejected the transaction immediately! There would be no reason for any kind of refund!

Tell me please where do people get off playing with people's lives? If you are going to be rude and nasty. If you could care less about people. You shouldn't be working this kind of job. If your property has more bad reviews than good, why do you have the same manager? I was in customer. I served for over 20 years in guest services. My customer satisfaction was stellar! I could use a decent job. I bet their rating would go way up. It's about Making money. Keeping up with the hotel, and simply doing your job with at least a caring front is at least minimum to earn a paycheck. You could even go above and beyond to show pride in your amazing responsibility as a host to many interesting potentially return clients and new friends. This establishment has lost my 1225.50 and any future business. I would be proud to run this establishment the way it deserves to be fostered.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I requested a room on bottom floor. Didn’t get it. Room's bathroom dirty, and when it rained water came in and there wasn’t a hospitable atmosphere and I thought there was a pool but I was sent to wrong Red Roof.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The room was clean and all the necessities were there. The bed was comfortable and there were plug ins on the lamps for my cell phone. All the towels were there and they were not stiff.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Check in was smooth as usual. Staff friendly and helpful. We were given adjoining rooms as requested both clean and fresh. Exercise room was adequate. Breakfast very good. Excellent coffee, took one to go.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Red Roof Inn University location in Pensacola Florida, King room on the 1st floor bathroom had ROACHES!!! Upon request I moved to another room. This time a double standard. Next day I originally requested another King room on the other side of the building and NOT be charged for the stay the night before. Reluctantly they said they would not charge me for the night. I decided to check out of the ROACH motel altogether. When I told them I was canceling the rest of my stay and did not want to be charged, she gave me the detailed departure that showed $0 balance and charged my VISA for the ROACH room. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The beginning of my nightmare started with a booking of a 3 night stay at a Inn Motel, that BOOKING.COM found and arrange for my 3 day stay of which I had to paid UBER $29.00 to ride me from Philadelphia PA, to Maple Shade NJ. The place that I had gotten booked to was the Hometown Studio by Red Roof, my stay would cost $172.00 for a 3 day stay. So I arrived at Hometown on 11/16/2018 at 9:30PM and since BOOKING.COM had me pay for 1 day in advance, that upon arriving Hometown promptly asked for payment of the 2 days that remain unpaid. Of course there was no luggage cart available so it was a venture carrying my bags to my room. Finally after a shower and having a very late meal I climbed into the bed and I had been on my laptop about 2 hours and about another 1 and 1/2 hour of watching TV I proceeded to turn the lights out, and about 15 minutes afterwards I felt a bite on 1 of my buttocks but I didn't think nothing of it.

To me the itching that proceeded was not a welcoming feeling, shortly I felt a second bite on my abdomen now that's what broke the camel's back. This was so alarming that I jump out of the bed to turn on the light so that I could see what bit me, but because of my poor vision with Glaucoma and Cataract blind in the other eye I couldn't see what was causing the biting, the only thing I did was that after getting dress I proceeded to the front desk only to find it closed with a sign that stated office closed till 7:00AM. So to summarize I checked again at 6:00AM to the front desk because I really was having a hard time waiting in the room, and wow finally my luck had a positive because I found someone at the office.

I explained to the clerk what had occur but she had no suggestions except to offer to inform the manager and to ask the manager to call me, to see if a refund for the other 2 days that I had paid in advance be refunded. So I waited for a call but no call. In fact I had to call corporate on Monday 11/19/2018 to complain but no call back from Corporate, so once again Tuesday 11/20/2018 told again that someone would call me but no one has as of yet 11/21/2018. But they certainly process the paid in advance $172.00 every penny for a 8 and 1/2 hour stay. By the way I also paid to get back to Philadelphia PA, $32.00 to UBER, so my nightmare cost was a total of $233.00 combined 2 bed bites and sleep deprivation for a 8 and 1/2 hour stay.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We checked into RRI in Dallas by the DFW airport. When we walked into the room there was a nasty odor!! The bathtub was covered with what looked like MOLD!! The sheets on the bed was covered with burn marks. We turned on the antiquated heater but could not get it to work. We still don't know if it worked. We were given another room, which was better than the first but still was a disappointment. Met the manager the next morning but he was less than apologetic to us. In fact he acted like it was our fault!! I would not recommend using RRI. There are much better hotels around. Even though this is a cheaper alternative for a traveler that is no reason to provide such undesirable and unlivable condition for customers!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Stayed at Red Roof Inn, Bloomington/Normal, IL Friday, October 26 and 27th. I called two days prior to request a king size bed rather than two queen beds. Was told to ask when I arrived and they would accommodate if one was available. Upon checking in, I made the request and was told they had one but it was a $70 up charge. When I mentioned my previous phone conversation, I was told that was the price. Decided to stay with the two queen beds.

Getting into bed that night, the first mattress made horrific squeaky/rusty springs/ screeching noises. I couldn't believe how horrible it was! Checked the other mattress and it was the same. Exhausted from traveling decided to suck it up. With each movement, even an ever so slight arm adjustment the sound was horrific. The room was also sandwiched between other rooms that allowed us to hear everything through the paper thin walls, car alarms, people coming and going all night. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night! Next morning requested a new room. Was moved a few rooms down (141 to 149). Prior to agreeing to the room, I checked the mattresses and while lumpy they were squeak free. Move forward to the next morning and the shower head has a mere drip of water. Worst hotel experience ever! I recommend to steer very clear of this hotel at all costs!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

They made mistakes at check in and then proceeded to shout at me and behave belligerently. They just want to keep your money. You probably do not want to stay here if you are looking for a pleasant experience. If there are any problems there is no recourse for the customer, no one will speak with you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

*Update 9/20 - I called the hotel manager, Robin, directly and she said rates were already increased to football games in town... BS! - There was a hurricane and games were canceled. They still didn’t decrease room rates and charged the same rate during deplorable conditions of the hurricane. She also told me today that I wasn’t welcome in their hotel anymore due to the complaint. Jay, the Regional Executive, hasn’t even bothered to return my call.

*Raleigh, NC - Anyone else stay here last weekend during hurricane Florence? No power, partial power, no air conditioning, water soaked floors, no elevator or ice... All for jacked up to $129 a night rooms ($40 more than the usual rate). No cancelling reservation for reward stays. Penalized and losing reward nights for checking out early due to the conditions. The hotel wasn’t sold out. Prices should have been dropped, not increased, under these conditions. This is taking advantage of impacted individuals and price gouging! Even today, any and all possible discounts were not available (veteran, red hot deals, AAA, senior rates, etc).

I have reached out to hotel management and corporate offices. Thus far, no response other than “Sorry. Hope to see you again.” I am contemplating a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Please advise if you have concerns and a complaint as to business practices and we can circle wagons for a comprehensive complaint to BBB and make media outlets aware. Management can blame rates on it being an “event weekend”... WHAT? The event was a hurricane!!! Desk and housekeeping staff was as helpful as possible. However, I question management. Jay ** Moyer is the Regional Exec and refuses to even contact me to discuss and even refuses to refund my last night (on which I checked out BEFORE checkout the day of).

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Horrible management. I have been staying for a week and when I wanted to restay the office accused me of having a drug activity outside my room. Seriously? I have two kids and am being accused of drug activity. I was so pissed off. They couldn’t show me the proof but they treated me and my kids so bad. I spend so much money in this hotel. Manager was so rude. They kept my deposit after I clean the room but it’s ok because this place is not safe for kids. If that’s what happening I realized it’s not safe for my kids but someone needs to investigate this place. The manager embarrassed me and accused me for things no prove.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I just got home from a 2 night stay at the Red Roof Inn Plus, Boston Logan. I spent $169.00 a night only to almost jump in a filthy bed. It was full of stains and residue (cover up). After calling the front desk, I could come downstairs for clean sheets??? After realizing that that was a bad idea, I was offered another room. I wrote to customer service, let's see what they will come up with.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn West in Amarillo, TX last night. While trying to find a plugin I moved the nightstand to find a used syringe sticking out of the floor. I immediately called the front desk. She came with a wash rag removed the syringe. Didn’t offer any other assistance just said, "Thank you for letting us know." I called after we left and the lady said we would get a 17$ discount!! NEVER WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY. I AM LIVID WITH HOW THIS SITUATION WAS HANDLED. I TOOK PICTURES OF THE SYRINGE!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I booked a hotel for an anniversary weekend, and found one on booking.com. It stated a 48 hr cancellation policy. I showed my wife who looked at reviews and found this horrible one. I cancelled, they had 24 hrs to get back to me. I made calls and was told by booking to call the hotel, they said it is with booking.com. The clock ran out and I ended paying a night for nothing. Emailed booking.com, due to the fact they don't have a phone number. They gave me the runaround for a week, which is why I hope this review costs them, it will make me feel better for the money I lost.

Original review: July 21, 2018

What a nightmare! After a very long drive during a nasty heat wave, I showed up with a reservation, expecting all to go smoothly. I've got a very sweet Labradoodle. When we entered the lobby, the gal behind the desk explained that dogs aren't allowed in the lobby. I explained I was traveling alone, and wasn't thrilled with keeping my dog outside in the heat. She reluctantly agreed. Then the nasty witch named Constance told me to immediately remove my dog. How can they claim to be pet-friendly, when they don't allow dogs in the lobby during check-in?

After waiting outside for 10 minutes, while they checked me in, I reluctantly entered the vestibule area, to find out what was going on. Constance again came at me, demanding I take the dog outside. When I told her I would be happy to get a refund and then find another hotel, she gladly agreed. STAY AWAY FROM RED ROOF INN! I found a lovely Motel 6 just down the road. The folks there couldn't have been any nicer. I'll be making the trip between FL and NY frequently, and Motel 6 in Fayetteville will be my resting stop from now on.

Original review: July 19, 2018

We had reservations for 3 nights there. When we saw the condition of the room we decided to go ahead & stay the night & cancelled the other 2 nights. We were told that was fine & they would credit our CC. Seventeen days later & still no refund. We have called 3X & have been told each time that the refund has been issued & the general manager stays on site & would call us back. We still have not received a return call. Sent an email to corporate but haven't heard back from them either. This was our first time to ever stay at a Red Roof Inn Galveston & it will be our last.

Original review: June 28, 2018

When I arrived room was very hot. 75 plus degrees. I turned air on and it tried but couldn't cool room down until 430am so I didn't sleep. When I checked out I waited to be asked about my visit but since no one asked I suggested that they keep the air on in the rooms when it's hot. Derrick ** General Manager for Red Roof Inn on Luther Road in Georgetown, Indiana told me to do him and the other guests a favor and don't come back. He then told me to **. I feel discriminated against by Derrick and the owners who stood there and watched and said nothing.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Made arrangement for my son to stay at a Red Roof Inn in Austin, TX for several days while interviewing for a position. Immediately following, flew him to D.C. and he stayed at another Red Roof Inn (Maryland) for another job position. The time spent at Red Roof Inns was consecutive. Came home. Broke out into a rash, that grew progressively worse. Shingles! Sent photos, Dr report and complaint to their "legal" Dept. not in hopes of anything other than them accepting ownership/responsibility. Shame on them for not accepting the blame. Quick and simple Google research verifies claims of dirty towels/linens and shingles. My son is 23 and never had them before. For a week he stayed at two different Red Robin locations and returned to a rash breaking out and turning so painful and uncomfortable and yet "legal" claims. Not Red Roof fault. Seriously?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I booked a room on Monday June 4th. I contacted them via phone to book a three adult room with a service dog and 3 cats. The person that took my info failed to tell me that I needed to be there in person to give the ok for my friends to charge the room on my debit card and failed to tell me that I needed an ID to book the room on my name so I got a bit nasty towards the wrong person. Me and the supervisor Victor we worked out our disagreement and got cool real fast. We were there for over a week until last Tuesday afternoon.

I got confronted by another manager there that he was getting many many issues from guests bout me myself. I told him I am disabled. A partially deaf. I cannot help myself if I get loud cause I cannot hear myself when I talk. Again last Friday I got a phone from the office desk saying that someone called from the room and said that we were checking out at 12 30. I called her bluff big time. This lady's name was Kaitlyn. The head manager's name is James. He tried calling my room many times and then I went down there nicely to inform him that I was just waiting for Redicard people to call me back. He said he is not willing to renew anymore.

I left and went off on him big time. I was outside walking our dog outside and I came upstairs saw one of the managers there standing in front of the stairs. He tried to kiss my ** big time and asked me how am I today sir. I said the following, "This was the last straw from you and your ** boss. Now we will leave and mark my words sir. You wanna sit and run a motel illegally towards disabled people who caused no issues until you guys started targeting me for ** reasons. You have nothing on us so ** the hell off **. You will be hearing from 3 different lawyers. That's right. All 3 of us a suing the ** outta you and your boss.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Durham, NC near NCCU, and felt so uncomfortable from the beginning. It was not cleaned properly. Sheets turned over to hide dirty sheets. My husband put a blanket down to lay down. The carpet would stick to your our shoes, and the wood floor was filthy. We only stayed because everything else was booked and we had little ones, too far to drive the next morning. Worst of all, we got bit by BED BUGS! An iron and ironing board that they didn’t know what room had it. Drive past it, don’t stop or hesitate. Gooooo, hit the gas and drive.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We booked the Leesburg, VA location due to its proximity to my grandmother for her 100th birthday party. They were supposed to be good. When I made the booking I did not get a confirmation number because the person who was entering the book said the page disappeared and he didn't know how to get back to it. He assured us we had a reservation, though. He also told me after I made the reservation that they were "under renovation". This was fine since I stayed at another hotel a few years back that was doing renovations and there was no inconvenience to the guests. We showed up after having worked and then driven four hours to discover that the "renovation" was full on construction. There was no siding on the building around the entrance, construction vehicle, equipment and supplies took up more than half of the parking lot and old, broken furniture was piled up in front of the building.

We headed inside where I wandered around looking for someone to check us in because there was no one at the front desk and no bell. After 10 minutes of wandered around and calling out for someone the manager checked us in. He then disappeared. We were on the second floor and so we went looking for an elevator to haul our bags upstairs. We wandered down a hallway until my husband, who was ahead of my son and me, reached the section of the hotel that was under construction, drywall ripped out and the innards of the walls exposed. We made it back the lobby where I asked the now returned manager about an elevator. He said they didn't have one. He appeared flustered and began looking on the computer, I guess for a room on the first floor. Meanwhile my husband started to lug our bags up the stairs trying not to touch the railings with the big "wet paint" signs on them.

We got into our room and settled a bit, it was cold, my husband turned on the heater and we left to go to my uncle's for some party prep. When we returned later it was near midnight and we were exhausted, we had gotten lost twice coming back due to blocked off roads and confusing turns. We made it back and there was no parking. I went in to ask the desk clerk about it and he said "yeah, the construction people take up half the spaces and don't care. You can park across the street". Disgusted with that answer I went out and wandered around, we finally found a spot where we hoped the construction people wouldn't move their truck or they would surely hit our car.

We went in and tried to go to sleep. The heater made a whistling/humming noise all night that kept me awake. The blackout portion of the curtains had holes in them and let in the light from the streetlights. The toilet wobbled when you sat on it and the pillows on the bed were throw pillows, very tiny. My son said the only good part about the room was the TV. (He kept getting kicked out of their Wi-Fi. Have you ever seen a teenager with no Wi-Fi...). The next morning my husband went down for his "Continental breakfast" I was assured they had. He came back with all they had, lukewarm coffee and stale bread he couldn't even toast because the toaster didn't work. He had to go to McDonald's to get us breakfast while my son and I packed up all our stuff.

We checked out even though we had another night booked. When we did the manager asked, "oh, was there noise?" I explained everything, to his credit he had helped us with our bags and was dismayed that we were told to park across the street, but of everyone we encountered there that was too little in comparison. When I told him about my husband’s breakfast experience he offered to "make us something" or get us breakfast burritos from Anita's Mexican Cuisine (I think that was the name). We decline and left. We looked at the building while loading the car. We saw construction workers throwing sections of the roofing off of the top of the building. We ended up staying our second night in VA at a Hilton Garden Inn that was farther away but so worth the travel distance. Total 180.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Red Roof Inn, Charleston, WV - We arrived around 6 pm. The receptionist seemed very flustered. Was rude to person before me. Said "Power was out in his room, so, either accept the room or go somewhere else!" She then checked us in, and provided a key-card for room 108. When I opened the door, I was greeted by a barking dog and two occupants in bed. I quickly closed the door and ran back to reception. Explained situation. Receptionist seemed even more flustered. Did not even apologize for situation. Gave new key-card and said, "Try this room!" Room and amenities were good value for money. Interstate traffic noise was very noticeable... No offer was made to provide a complimentary upgrade or free room. If the occupants of room 108 would have had a gun, then I would probably be dead or mauled by their dog!! This is the very first complaint I have ever had to make about accommodation, no matter what the 'star-rating'.

Original review: April 20, 2018

Wish there were a rating for no stars. Upon our arrival to the establishment, we noticed leaking ceiling in the lobby and trash in all the corners and crevices in the public areas. Now, upon our arrival to room, we noticed blood stained pillow cases!!! Yes, Blood!!! Immediately called front desk and young man named Mitchell brought us new pillows, apologized, telling us the "cleaning staff is awful", we knew that already, and told us he would reduce our bill by 10% but this never happened. Room was lacking standard amenities such as an iron and hair blower, hair conditioner, tissues. The room key card worked on ocassion when swiped. We are extremely disappointed as we typically stay in Red Roof Inns around the country. We are also in this particular area of PA quite often and enjoyed past stays at this establishment. Sorry to say, it has gone downhill real fast, owners should be ashamed.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I got off the freeway after seeing a sign $44. The lady checked me in when I ask for receipt, she told me that I can get it in morning. I told her that I will be leaving early and I want to know how much she charged me. Only then she told me that my cost is $67.29. For her explanation, they don't have those rooms anymore (for that night). I ask her for a refund because even if they don't have those rooms she should give me the same price on other or take the sign away. From March 9, 2018 until today April 18, 2018 I did not receive my credit. I called the hotel, I called Red Roof customer service. I guess it's time for free advertisement.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am totally blown away on how horribly I’ve been treated by the Red Roof Inn in Piqua, OH and the Red Roof Inn organization as a whole. I will never stay at Red Roof Inn again and I feel obligated to tell everyone to beware of this hotel company. Here’s my story in a nut shell: My sister from Piqua, OH died while I was on a long vacation in the West. My husband called the property directly and made a reservation for me late on a Friday night in March, 2018 for the next day. I was dropped off at an airport in Dallas and arrived late on that Saturday night. When I tried to check in but the Front Desk Clerk couldn’t find my reservation. She looked several times but she showed no record of it. Concerned about their competence, I decided to go across the street to another hotel.

I called the Red Roof Inn the next morning to make sure that my credit card would not be charged since my I did not stay there. They assured me that would not be a problem since they still didn’t have record of my original reservation. Then, two days later a charge showed up on my card for the full five nights! I called back but they only reduced the charge to one night. I asked to speak to a manager but none ever called me back. I then went up the ladder to try to talk to regional and corporate people from Red Roof Inn.

Even a kind request to have a regional person call me went unanswered. This company seems to have strict rules to not sincerely look into a disputes. The charge was only $53 so I’m not going to worry about the money BUT I am concerned about what type of people are running this hotel group. They said they have a recording of my voice saying I was going to the hotel across the street. That is true, I did say that when my reservation was not found. I asked that they to listen to the tape again and hear how the clerk couldn’t find my reservation. They never got back with me about that. Actually, the Regional manager never called back after I requested a call and their people will NOT give out contact information for people to talk to when a problem happens.

Keep in mind, I never stayed there/It was only a one day prior reservation/No cancellation policy was told to my husband/I was there on a family emergency/It was March and they weren’t busy/They turned no one away due to my reservation/They LOST my reservation/and most of all: THEY REFUSE CONTACT WITH A CUSTOMER WHEN RESOLVING CONFLICTS! BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have stayed at Red Roof Inns before. Never had a problem. I don't mind economy hotels. I do mind filth. I know you would not put your family in filth. Why should I? So Friday 4-6-18 We arrived at the motel Red Roof Inn 4621 Rittman road San Antonio. Arrived 3:45 and were told housekeeping was behind come back in an hour. So Arrived back at 5. She gave us a room. We walked in and dirt literally crunched under our feet. The floor is wood looking vinyl. Someone had taken muddy boots off at door. All the dirt still on floor. So Obviously had not swept or mopped. Dirt everywhere on floor.

Went into bathroom. Used bandaid stuck to shower curtain Rod. So I went to front desk to inform the lady. She said nothing she could do. She had no other rooms. So we left and had to pay for another motel. Your motel was a waste of my time and money. I hope you intend to look into this. You really need to send someone there undercover and see what is going on. You are misrepresenting to your customers. This motel is so far away from being a 2.5 star hotel. I Have never complained or written a bad review ever. I am a easy to please person. This is my first. I really hope you look into for your customers sake.

Original review: April 6, 2018

First room they gave us there was drywall all over the room! The second room smelled like smoke and sweat! The elevator stopped working. Instead of getting someone to fix it or check on it they yelled at us and told us there was stairs in either end of the building... Good luck staying here. Nasty, not clean, no keep up properly... Never staying here again!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I checked in the hotel in the last few days of the month of March 2018. When I arrived the hotel agent acted as if she had no idea where I came from and why I was even there. She actually wanted me to go find another hotel at a last-minute notice because she didn't want to trouble herself trying to help me. The trouble was when I arrived the room that I got was a king size bed with no pull out couch. I was told there would be a pull up couch for my child. They told me that they do not accommodate pull-out couches at that location. She insisted that it was a mistake that no one spoke to me from the her location but in reality I spoke to the customer service from their location that told me this. I used the service online booking.com to book this reservation with Red Roof Inn. They kept blaming booking.com for their lack of attention and customer service.

Whatever information was in booking.com was not correct. They did not have a Jacuzzi. All they had was a pool that I wasn't allowed to use because it was seasonal. They did not provide breakfast. I was shown three different bedrooms. Two of them had a queen-size bed which meant I had to pay extra and she also told me that the price I got on booking.com did not include the $50 deposit. The blanket on one of the beds had blood stain on the corner that I was told was paint and that they wanted to see it in order to replace it for me. Seriously if someone told me that something had a stain in it I wouldn't even want to look at it. I would replace it and get them a new blanket if I was running a business.

Then small missing details about the room like a door locked in the bathroom a stumper for the bathtub a toilet paper roll holder. I had to contact the hotel in person cuz they would not answer the phone to them about the small details that were missing in the bathroom. Not to mention that the bathroom door did not close. It would constantly open on its own. I had to use a Maxi Pad to hold it closed. Then the bedroom outside door did not. I had no idea about this until I asked my daughter to pull it over to pull it to see if it opened. In order to make sure it's locked I had to push it hard enough. Then not to mention there was a terrible weed smell and cigarette smell in the bathroom from the neighbors upstairs. It was a non-smoking room. I didn't understand why it smells so much like cigarettes and later like weed from the neighbors upstairs.

I also had a hard time finding parking in the next to my room. I had to go all the way around to the back end to park my car. Not to mention it was very scary to park the car in the back. There were some interesting characters that would sit in the car all night long and it looked as if they were living in those rooms for months. I don't where they came from but they seem to very ghetto. A man approached me three times to ask me for a cigarette. That really freaked me out cuz I don't even smoke and I felt scared.

I started to wonder if the government was assisting them with living in the hotel for economical reasons. I paid a lot for this room and I was hoping for good service and to feel as if it was a real hotel not some boarding house full of ghetto people. The front desk lady said they do not serve breakfast but they have coffee all the time. When I check the coffee makers there was no coffee in them. I was very disappointed I couldn't wait to leave. I wanted to cancel everything but it was late notice and I didn't want to pay extra for some other place when I. Therefore my experience overall was terrible, terrifying, traumatic, uncomfortable and unpleasant. I couldn't wait to leave the sooner the better.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I stayed at the Red Roof in Lubbock Texas. The staff was rude. Holes in the walls. Mold and mildew in the shower. Water damage to the wall between the shower and toilet. Shower rod not cleaned. Drain plugs missing. Vent fan not working. False ceiling tiles in the bathroom. Holes in the window curtain. Curtain pull rod missing. Elevator walls are worn out wood veneer. Tiles on floor in elevator are broken. Pool was green. Never going to a Red Roof Inn again.

Red Roof Inn Company Information