1.43/5

220 Red Roof Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 24, 2019

Our first time in HHI area. Loved it. May 2019. We stayed 5 days and location great. The desk helpful and friendly. Room nice and clean, bed cozy. We will be back again. Close to food and beaches. Room prices affordable.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The room was clean and all the necessities were there. The bed was comfortable and there were plug ins on the lamps for my cell phone. All the towels were there and they were not stiff.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Check in was smooth as usual. Staff friendly and helpful. We were given adjoining rooms as requested both clean and fresh. Exercise room was adequate. Breakfast very good. Excellent coffee, took one to go.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I paid for a weekly rental 2 days into my rental. The Iranian the guy said I needed to give another $100 deposit because my dog was in the room and if I didn't have the $100 I needed to check out without a refund.

Original review: June 14, 2019

Red Roof Inn at Wichita Falls, Texas location. I reserved a room for a three night stay. Unfortunately, I experienced exposure to bed bugs. I started itching after 10 minutes of laying in bed under the cover. I discovered bits and irritation on my face and stomach. Just be mindful that everything that looks good can be conceiving. When I pulled back I actually saw a bed bug on the covers. I’m still experiencing itching and skin irritation.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: June 7, 2019

I was staying here for a week. Within 45 minutes I had already been chased down by the owner & the police were on their way to make me leave. All because I had my daughter helping carry my Stuff to the room. They said, "You can’t have any visitors or anything." It should have only took me 5 minutes to do this. The bathrooms were nasty with hair and dirty footprints. The room smelled like cigarettes and the blankets had burn holes in them. The workers were very rude and unprofessional.i then wanted a refund since I was threatened with police and made leave. They still charged me for 1 night even though I was there for less than an hour. It’s been 72 hours and I still haven’t gotten my refund yet!

Original review: June 5, 2019

Filthy dirty in Chesapeake VA. I WAS OVERCHARGED by $9.00. Brought it to the clerk's attention and she said, "That is what you were quoted" and would not change the bill. It was too late to argue. I checked the website and it was $9.00 less than I paid. I WAS OVERCHARGED! THE DOOR OPENED TO THE PARKING LOT, easy for unloading but not the safest design. I had to PUT A CHAIR IN FRONT OF THE DOOR.

After my shower I didn't want to walk on the floor so I put a towel on the floor and slid the towel about 6 feet to where my clothes were. I was shocked to see THE TOWEL WAS DOWN RIGHT FILTHY BLACK. Went for breakfast, NO BREKAFAST! Called customer service. Explained everything for 10 minutes before being transferred to someone who took notes. Her job was to tell the manager of the inn Red Roof. Hello Red Roof Inn, THE MANAGER ALREADY KNOWS HE HAS A FILTHY INN!!! Customer service also told me the quotes on the website are always lower than what is charged!

Original review: May 23, 2019

I stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Lafayette Louisiana for Easter weekend. The first room they put me in the a.c. did not work along with the t.v., phone, and the lights over the bed. I went to the office and they put me in another room where everything worked BUT it smelled of smoke, the sheets were dirty and covered in dog hair (I'm allergic). When I went to the office they brought more sheets (also covered in dog hair) so I complained again, the lady in the office told me there was nothing she can do about it and that she did her best to accommodate me. HOW ABOUT SOME CLEAN SHEETS!!!

Not only did I have trouble sleeping beause it was hard to breath but my entire body itched!! This was a easy fix but after the first set of sheets she gave me she acted like I was asking for too much when I explained I was allergic to dogs and wanted different sheets. She informed me that they are a pet friendly hotel and she didn't know what to tell me. I tried to do the survey but it wouldn't allow me to post it. I'm not very happy with the service or the room.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn at San Antonio, Tx. Address is 6880 NW Loop 410 on 5/10/2019 and checked out on 5/11/2019. I reserved two rooms and spent $186.00 on them. The rooms were filthy! The bed sheets were dirty! Semen in one set of sheets along with pubic hair and blood stains. The A/C didn't work and there was absolutely NO hot water!! I would like my money back!!! Thank you. Paulette **

Original review: May 5, 2019

This was the worst experience I ever had at a hotel and I stay in quite few of them. The hotel that is on Olson Drive Rancho Cordova. The room was dirty. There was tons of trash under the beds. We found syringe in our bathroom. There was a crack pipe right by our room. The police came thru. Went thru everybody room which left my kids terrified. I will never stay at this place and if you have a family I suggest you don’t stay here. Now if you a ** all ** and ** is welcome there!!

Original review: May 2, 2019

As a Red Roof Redi Card member I have till 8 pm to cancel a reservation. It is 3 pm and I called to cancel and they still are charging me for the night. I tried to explain that as a Redi card member it clearly states I could cancel and she simply said, "No sorry mame, I will be charging your card. " How is this right?

Original review: May 2, 2019

(410) 796-0380 Red Roof Jessup - Total rudeness and the quoted price on the phone was a special of $57 and when we arrived were charged $79 and told that we never got the special price - actually saying we were lying. We want a refund between the price we were quote and the actual charge. No receipt was available for us and the attendee was very rude and pretended not to hear our problem. Terrible service.

Original review: May 2, 2019

Terrible customer service. When I told the receptionist upon check out about our experience she pretended not to speak or understand English. I had a crazy clanking noisy vent from the bathroom that kept my daughter and I up ALL NIGHT! It kept banging as if there was squirrels or rats in it. Our room was not clean. When I asked for more towels they pointed to the pool sign. Trash and filth throughout the halls. The complimentary breakfast is a joke. Just some old stale muffins.

Original review: April 14, 2019

The experience was quite painful. Booked 2 rooms with 2 beds since there were 6 people, 4 adults and 2 children. First they did not have the second room for us kept trying to insist that my sister in law’s room was mine. After finally getting that settled we left since the rooms were not ready which was fine since we were early. Came back later to check in again we had the same issue with the later manager only stated that we booked one room and tried to give us my sister-in-law’s room. Again settled the room issue only to be told told they only had 2 rooms with 2 beds and a king size room. It was another discussion about how we had 6 people in our party and we need the rooms with 2 beds not one bed. The afternoon clerk insisted she was going to give my in laws (party of 2) 2 beds and give us the room with king size bed and the last room with 2 beds. Explained again we had a party of 6 and they were only 2 people.

Finally convinced them to give us the rooms with 2 beds in them to only go to the room and find a dead roach! Went back to let them know this was there and we were going to cancel our reservations. One roach always means a lot more. The outside of the building was filled with litter, broken bottles and the ceiling in the room had some sort of filth on it. There also looked like there had been some sort of issue in one of the other rooms where a fight or other issue had happened broken windows and the doors were smashed. This was not what I was expecting from a Red Roof Inn. I have stayed at other Red Roof Inns and were very satisfied this was very disappointing. Although I have to say the management people on duty were very nice. They handled the problem with professionalism.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I reserved a room in KENTUCKY for 2 nights coming from TX. When we arrived at 11pm.. They were overbooked!! Gave us a "sorry" and we'll give you a free stay tomorrow! Showed up the next day to receive a key.. And the room we walked in had another couple NAKED in bed!!!! I immediately returned the key and left. The next day I go to make a purchase and my card is overdrawn 300 by Red Roof Inn even though I NEVER CHECKED IN!! I reached out to corporate and Mr Alexander the CEO and was told "Oh Well". Definitely pursuing charges for ALL the inconvenience and HORRIBLE customer service.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

When I checked in for my 11 day stay I was told a price that I hadn’t booked it for. I asked 3 times if it was correct she said yes it was less than I booked it for. I paid it then I went to my room. It hadn’t been cleaned but no biggie not complaining it's busy season and nowhere else available. I cleaned it myself. Used my own sheets and towels whatever but the price still bothered me so I called on the eighth 6 days into my reservation and asked if I owed them anything they said no because my checkout date is the 9th then they wanted to argue with me about my checkout date even though I have 3 receipts saying the 13th then Booking.com called them and they said, "No it’s the 13th but only paid to the 9th that I owe 320 dollars." How is that when I booked at after tax 680.37 and I paid already 533.02.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

Red Roof in Melvindale, Michigan had bed bugs and staff laughed when we told her. She was very rude. She did laugh while giving back my refund. I also have the video on recording from bad staff to bed bugs.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Went up to VA Fri night and needed a place to stay. Place was filthy-smelly-nasty. Checked out 10 minutes after I checked in and still haven't gotten a refund back as they've promised. Have to call my bank. Don't ever stay there! Place is a rip-off.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

HomeTowne Studios Denver - Airport/Aurora. 3705 N. Chambers Rd. Aurora, Colorado, 80011. I'm writing about Home Towne Studios by Red Roof Inn. I choose this place because it was the least expensive. After our car was stolen and being Robbed and beaten on the RTD while everyone just ignored or watched, my brother and I were in a homeless shelter until we received our check. I booked a room with Hotels.com For 21 days. Paid upfront. I have the receipt for 1225.50 and confirmation #. Our reservation was reconfirmed at 9:21 the next morning. Upon arriving at around 12:40 pm I was so called greeted by the Manager I believe.

The first thing that she said was, "Are those your pets? "(As she leaned stomach first on the counter). I said, "No. They are service animals." She said, "Even the one who's barking?" I said, "Yes. He's in training and is very stressed by our situation. I am the handler, they are my brother's service dogs. They detect seizures. The older One is 18 and retiring. And the little one is training." (I said again.) She said, "Well I have to check and see if you can have 2 in a room!"

This was completely out of line. Service dogs have every right to be in a hotel, as long as they do not disturb, or threaten anyone. If the owner cleans up after the service animal there is no question the hotel is required to accept them. She walked out and came back and said, "It doesn't matter anyway. Your reservation was canceled by Trivago for fraud! You need to call them!"

We proceeded to make calls to prove there was no fraud. She then came out for her cigarette right in front of the property. This is I'm sure is not what any hotel wants to hear. Upon realizing we would get nowhere with Hotel.com today we asked how much for one night? We now have no money in the bank because Hotel.com has it and only 120 bucks cash. We were told the Manager said we would not be able to stay there because of fraud!!!

We have now literally been outside the hotel. With me, my sick mentally and physically challenged brother who just was released from the hospital for pneumonia, 2 service dogs, enough money for only 1 night, no place to go, and now turned away for nothing! Now where does she get off making this decision without listening to what actually happened. There was no fraud. Our account and card were fine. In fact if there had been fraud as in wrong zip code or email/address my bank would have rejected the transaction immediately! There would be no reason for any kind of refund!

Tell me please where do people get off playing with people's lives? If you are going to be rude and nasty. If you could care less about people. You shouldn't be working this kind of job. If your property has more bad reviews than good, why do you have the same manager? I was in customer. I served for over 20 years in guest services. My customer satisfaction was stellar! I could use a decent job. I bet their rating would go way up. It's about Making money. Keeping up with the hotel, and simply doing your job with at least a caring front is at least minimum to earn a paycheck. You could even go above and beyond to show pride in your amazing responsibility as a host to many interesting potentially return clients and new friends. This establishment has lost my 1225.50 and any future business. I would be proud to run this establishment the way it deserves to be fostered.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I requested a room on bottom floor. Didn’t get it. Room's bathroom dirty, and when it rained water came in and there wasn’t a hospitable atmosphere and I thought there was a pool but I was sent to wrong Red Roof.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

Red Roof Inn University location in Pensacola Florida, King room on the 1st floor bathroom had ROACHES!!! Upon request I moved to another room. This time a double standard. Next day I originally requested another King room on the other side of the building and NOT be charged for the stay the night before. Reluctantly they said they would not charge me for the night. I decided to check out of the ROACH motel altogether. When I told them I was canceling the rest of my stay and did not want to be charged, she gave me the detailed departure that showed $0 balance and charged my VISA for the ROACH room. DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

The beginning of my nightmare started with a booking of a 3 night stay at a Inn Motel, that BOOKING.COM found and arrange for my 3 day stay of which I had to paid UBER $29.00 to ride me from Philadelphia PA, to Maple Shade NJ. The place that I had gotten booked to was the Hometown Studio by Red Roof, my stay would cost $172.00 for a 3 day stay. So I arrived at Hometown on 11/16/2018 at 9:30PM and since BOOKING.COM had me pay for 1 day in advance, that upon arriving Hometown promptly asked for payment of the 2 days that remain unpaid. Of course there was no luggage cart available so it was a venture carrying my bags to my room. Finally after a shower and having a very late meal I climbed into the bed and I had been on my laptop about 2 hours and about another 1 and 1/2 hour of watching TV I proceeded to turn the lights out, and about 15 minutes afterwards I felt a bite on 1 of my buttocks but I didn't think nothing of it.

To me the itching that proceeded was not a welcoming feeling, shortly I felt a second bite on my abdomen now that's what broke the camel's back. This was so alarming that I jump out of the bed to turn on the light so that I could see what bit me, but because of my poor vision with Glaucoma and Cataract blind in the other eye I couldn't see what was causing the biting, the only thing I did was that after getting dress I proceeded to the front desk only to find it closed with a sign that stated office closed till 7:00AM. So to summarize I checked again at 6:00AM to the front desk because I really was having a hard time waiting in the room, and wow finally my luck had a positive because I found someone at the office.

I explained to the clerk what had occur but she had no suggestions except to offer to inform the manager and to ask the manager to call me, to see if a refund for the other 2 days that I had paid in advance be refunded. So I waited for a call but no call. In fact I had to call corporate on Monday 11/19/2018 to complain but no call back from Corporate, so once again Tuesday 11/20/2018 told again that someone would call me but no one has as of yet 11/21/2018. But they certainly process the paid in advance $172.00 every penny for a 8 and 1/2 hour stay. By the way I also paid to get back to Philadelphia PA, $32.00 to UBER, so my nightmare cost was a total of $233.00 combined 2 bed bites and sleep deprivation for a 8 and 1/2 hour stay.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

We checked into RRI in Dallas by the DFW airport. When we walked into the room there was a nasty odor!! The bathtub was covered with what looked like MOLD!! The sheets on the bed was covered with burn marks. We turned on the antiquated heater but could not get it to work. We still don't know if it worked. We were given another room, which was better than the first but still was a disappointment. Met the manager the next morning but he was less than apologetic to us. In fact he acted like it was our fault!! I would not recommend using RRI. There are much better hotels around. Even though this is a cheaper alternative for a traveler that is no reason to provide such undesirable and unlivable condition for customers!!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Stayed at Red Roof Inn, Bloomington/Normal, IL Friday, October 26 and 27th. I called two days prior to request a king size bed rather than two queen beds. Was told to ask when I arrived and they would accommodate if one was available. Upon checking in, I made the request and was told they had one but it was a $70 up charge. When I mentioned my previous phone conversation, I was told that was the price. Decided to stay with the two queen beds.

Getting into bed that night, the first mattress made horrific squeaky/rusty springs/ screeching noises. I couldn't believe how horrible it was! Checked the other mattress and it was the same. Exhausted from traveling decided to suck it up. With each movement, even an ever so slight arm adjustment the sound was horrific. The room was also sandwiched between other rooms that allowed us to hear everything through the paper thin walls, car alarms, people coming and going all night. Needless to say, it was a sleepless night! Next morning requested a new room. Was moved a few rooms down (141 to 149). Prior to agreeing to the room, I checked the mattresses and while lumpy they were squeak free. Move forward to the next morning and the shower head has a mere drip of water. Worst hotel experience ever! I recommend to steer very clear of this hotel at all costs!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

They made mistakes at check in and then proceeded to shout at me and behave belligerently. They just want to keep your money. You probably do not want to stay here if you are looking for a pleasant experience. If there are any problems there is no recourse for the customer, no one will speak with you.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

*Update 9/20 - I called the hotel manager, Robin, directly and she said rates were already increased to football games in town... BS! - There was a hurricane and games were canceled. They still didn’t decrease room rates and charged the same rate during deplorable conditions of the hurricane. She also told me today that I wasn’t welcome in their hotel anymore due to the complaint. Jay, the Regional Executive, hasn’t even bothered to return my call.

*Raleigh, NC - Anyone else stay here last weekend during hurricane Florence? No power, partial power, no air conditioning, water soaked floors, no elevator or ice... All for jacked up to $129 a night rooms ($40 more than the usual rate). No cancelling reservation for reward stays. Penalized and losing reward nights for checking out early due to the conditions. The hotel wasn’t sold out. Prices should have been dropped, not increased, under these conditions. This is taking advantage of impacted individuals and price gouging! Even today, any and all possible discounts were not available (veteran, red hot deals, AAA, senior rates, etc).

I have reached out to hotel management and corporate offices. Thus far, no response other than “Sorry. Hope to see you again.” I am contemplating a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau. Please advise if you have concerns and a complaint as to business practices and we can circle wagons for a comprehensive complaint to BBB and make media outlets aware. Management can blame rates on it being an “event weekend”... WHAT? The event was a hurricane!!! Desk and housekeeping staff was as helpful as possible. However, I question management. Jay ** Moyer is the Regional Exec and refuses to even contact me to discuss and even refuses to refund my last night (on which I checked out BEFORE checkout the day of).

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Horrible management. I have been staying for a week and when I wanted to restay the office accused me of having a drug activity outside my room. Seriously? I have two kids and am being accused of drug activity. I was so pissed off. They couldn’t show me the proof but they treated me and my kids so bad. I spend so much money in this hotel. Manager was so rude. They kept my deposit after I clean the room but it’s ok because this place is not safe for kids. If that’s what happening I realized it’s not safe for my kids but someone needs to investigate this place. The manager embarrassed me and accused me for things no prove.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

I just got home from a 2 night stay at the Red Roof Inn Plus, Boston Logan. I spent $169.00 a night only to almost jump in a filthy bed. It was full of stains and residue (cover up). After calling the front desk, I could come downstairs for clean sheets??? After realizing that that was a bad idea, I was offered another room. I wrote to customer service, let's see what they will come up with.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn West in Amarillo, TX last night. While trying to find a plugin I moved the nightstand to find a used syringe sticking out of the floor. I immediately called the front desk. She came with a wash rag removed the syringe. Didn’t offer any other assistance just said, "Thank you for letting us know." I called after we left and the lady said we would get a 17$ discount!! NEVER WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS PROPERTY. I AM LIVID WITH HOW THIS SITUATION WAS HANDLED. I TOOK PICTURES OF THE SYRINGE!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I booked a hotel for an anniversary weekend, and found one on booking.com. It stated a 48 hr cancellation policy. I showed my wife who looked at reviews and found this horrible one. I cancelled, they had 24 hrs to get back to me. I made calls and was told by booking to call the hotel, they said it is with booking.com. The clock ran out and I ended paying a night for nothing. Emailed booking.com, due to the fact they don't have a phone number. They gave me the runaround for a week, which is why I hope this review costs them, it will make me feel better for the money I lost.

Red Roof Inn Company Information