1.24/5
Based on 45 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

187 Red Roof Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 19, 2018

Made arrangement for my son to stay at a Red Roof Inn in Austin, TX for several days while interviewing for a position. Immediately following, flew him to D.C. and he stayed at another Red Roof Inn (Maryland) for another job position. The time spent at Red Roof Inns was consecutive. Came home. Broke out into a rash, that grew progressively worse. Shingles! Sent photos, Dr report and complaint to their "legal" Dept. not in hopes of anything other than them accepting ownership/responsibility. Shame on them for not accepting the blame. Quick and simple Google research verifies claims of dirty towels/linens and shingles. My son is 23 and never had them before. For a week he stayed at two different Red Robin locations and returned to a rash breaking out and turning so painful and uncomfortable and yet "legal" claims. Not Red Roof fault. Seriously?

Original review: June 18, 2018

I booked a room on Monday June 4th. I contacted them via phone to book a three adult room with a service dog and 3 cats. The person that took my info failed to tell me that I needed to be there in person to give the ok for my friends to charge the room on my debit card and failed to tell me that I needed an ID to book the room on my name so I got a bit nasty towards the wrong person. Me and the supervisor Victor we worked out our disagreement and got cool real fast. We were there for over a week until last Tuesday afternoon.

I got confronted by another manager there that he was getting many many issues from guests bout me myself. I told him I am disabled. A partially deaf. I cannot help myself if I get loud cause I cannot hear myself when I talk. Again last Friday I got a phone from the office desk saying that someone called from the room and said that we were checking out at 12 30. I called her bluff big time. This lady's name was Kaitlyn. The head manager's name is James. He tried calling my room many times and then I went down there nicely to inform him that I was just waiting for Redicard people to call me back. He said he is not willing to renew anymore.

I left and went off on him big time. I was outside walking our dog outside and I came upstairs saw one of the managers there standing in front of the stairs. He tried to kiss my ** big time and asked me how am I today sir. I said the following, "This was the last straw from you and your ** boss. Now we will leave and mark my words sir. You wanna sit and run a motel illegally towards disabled people who caused no issues until you guys started targeting me for ** reasons. You have nothing on us so ** the hell off **. You will be hearing from 3 different lawyers. That's right. All 3 of us a suing the ** outta you and your boss.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 14, 2018

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Durham, NC near NCCU, and felt so uncomfortable from the beginning. It was not cleaned properly. Sheets turned over to hide dirty sheets. My husband put a blanket down to lay down. The carpet would stick to your our shoes, and the wood floor was filthy. We only stayed because everything else was booked and we had little ones, too far to drive the next morning. Worst of all, we got bit by BED BUGS! An iron and ironing board that they didn’t know what room had it. Drive past it, don’t stop or hesitate. Gooooo, hit the gas and drive.

Original review: April 27, 2018

We booked the Leesburg, VA location due to its proximity to my grandmother for her 100th birthday party. They were supposed to be good. When I made the booking I did not get a confirmation number because the person who was entering the book said the page disappeared and he didn't know how to get back to it. He assured us we had a reservation, though. He also told me after I made the reservation that they were "under renovation". This was fine since I stayed at another hotel a few years back that was doing renovations and there was no inconvenience to the guests. We showed up after having worked and then driven four hours to discover that the "renovation" was full on construction. There was no siding on the building around the entrance, construction vehicle, equipment and supplies took up more than half of the parking lot and old, broken furniture was piled up in front of the building.

We headed inside where I wandered around looking for someone to check us in because there was no one at the front desk and no bell. After 10 minutes of wandered around and calling out for someone the manager checked us in. He then disappeared. We were on the second floor and so we went looking for an elevator to haul our bags upstairs. We wandered down a hallway until my husband, who was ahead of my son and me, reached the section of the hotel that was under construction, drywall ripped out and the innards of the walls exposed. We made it back the lobby where I asked the now returned manager about an elevator. He said they didn't have one. He appeared flustered and began looking on the computer, I guess for a room on the first floor. Meanwhile my husband started to lug our bags up the stairs trying not to touch the railings with the big "wet paint" signs on them.

We got into our room and settled a bit, it was cold, my husband turned on the heater and we left to go to my uncle's for some party prep. When we returned later it was near midnight and we were exhausted, we had gotten lost twice coming back due to blocked off roads and confusing turns. We made it back and there was no parking. I went in to ask the desk clerk about it and he said "yeah, the construction people take up half the spaces and don't care. You can park across the street". Disgusted with that answer I went out and wandered around, we finally found a spot where we hoped the construction people wouldn't move their truck or they would surely hit our car.

We went in and tried to go to sleep. The heater made a whistling/humming noise all night that kept me awake. The blackout portion of the curtains had holes in them and let in the light from the streetlights. The toilet wobbled when you sat on it and the pillows on the bed were throw pillows, very tiny. My son said the only good part about the room was the TV. (He kept getting kicked out of their Wi-Fi. Have you ever seen a teenager with no Wi-Fi...). The next morning my husband went down for his "Continental breakfast" I was assured they had. He came back with all they had, lukewarm coffee and stale bread he couldn't even toast because the toaster didn't work. He had to go to McDonald's to get us breakfast while my son and I packed up all our stuff.

We checked out even though we had another night booked. When we did the manager asked, "oh, was there noise?" I explained everything, to his credit he had helped us with our bags and was dismayed that we were told to park across the street, but of everyone we encountered there that was too little in comparison. When I told him about my husband’s breakfast experience he offered to "make us something" or get us breakfast burritos from Anita's Mexican Cuisine (I think that was the name). We decline and left. We looked at the building while loading the car. We saw construction workers throwing sections of the roofing off of the top of the building. We ended up staying our second night in VA at a Hilton Garden Inn that was farther away but so worth the travel distance. Total 180.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Red Roof Inn, Charleston, WV - We arrived around 6 pm. The receptionist seemed very flustered. Was rude to person before me. Said "Power was out in his room, so, either accept the room or go somewhere else!" She then checked us in, and provided a key-card for room 108. When I opened the door, I was greeted by a barking dog and two occupants in bed. I quickly closed the door and ran back to reception. Explained situation. Receptionist seemed even more flustered. Did not even apologize for situation. Gave new key-card and said, "Try this room!" Room and amenities were good value for money. Interstate traffic noise was very noticeable... No offer was made to provide a complimentary upgrade or free room. If the occupants of room 108 would have had a gun, then I would probably be dead or mauled by their dog!! This is the very first complaint I have ever had to make about accommodation, no matter what the 'star-rating'.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: April 20, 2018

Wish there were a rating for no stars. Upon our arrival to the establishment, we noticed leaking ceiling in the lobby and trash in all the corners and crevices in the public areas. Now, upon our arrival to room, we noticed blood stained pillow cases!!! Yes, Blood!!! Immediately called front desk and young man named Mitchell brought us new pillows, apologized, telling us the "cleaning staff is awful", we knew that already, and told us he would reduce our bill by 10% but this never happened. Room was lacking standard amenities such as an iron and hair blower, hair conditioner, tissues. The room key card worked on ocassion when swiped. We are extremely disappointed as we typically stay in Red Roof Inns around the country. We are also in this particular area of PA quite often and enjoyed past stays at this establishment. Sorry to say, it has gone downhill real fast, owners should be ashamed.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I got off the freeway after seeing a sign $44. The lady checked me in when I ask for receipt, she told me that I can get it in morning. I told her that I will be leaving early and I want to know how much she charged me. Only then she told me that my cost is $67.29. For her explanation, they don't have those rooms anymore (for that night). I ask her for a refund because even if they don't have those rooms she should give me the same price on other or take the sign away. From March 9, 2018 until today April 18, 2018 I did not receive my credit. I called the hotel, I called Red Roof customer service. I guess it's time for free advertisement.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I am totally blown away on how horribly I’ve been treated by the Red Roof Inn in Piqua, OH and the Red Roof Inn organization as a whole. I will never stay at Red Roof Inn again and I feel obligated to tell everyone to beware of this hotel company. Here’s my story in a nut shell: My sister from Piqua, OH died while I was on a long vacation in the West. My husband called the property directly and made a reservation for me late on a Friday night in March, 2018 for the next day. I was dropped off at an airport in Dallas and arrived late on that Saturday night. When I tried to check in but the Front Desk Clerk couldn’t find my reservation. She looked several times but she showed no record of it. Concerned about their competence, I decided to go across the street to another hotel.

I called the Red Roof Inn the next morning to make sure that my credit card would not be charged since my I did not stay there. They assured me that would not be a problem since they still didn’t have record of my original reservation. Then, two days later a charge showed up on my card for the full five nights! I called back but they only reduced the charge to one night. I asked to speak to a manager but none ever called me back. I then went up the ladder to try to talk to regional and corporate people from Red Roof Inn.

Even a kind request to have a regional person call me went unanswered. This company seems to have strict rules to not sincerely look into a disputes. The charge was only $53 so I’m not going to worry about the money BUT I am concerned about what type of people are running this hotel group. They said they have a recording of my voice saying I was going to the hotel across the street. That is true, I did say that when my reservation was not found. I asked that they to listen to the tape again and hear how the clerk couldn’t find my reservation. They never got back with me about that. Actually, the Regional manager never called back after I requested a call and their people will NOT give out contact information for people to talk to when a problem happens.

Keep in mind, I never stayed there/It was only a one day prior reservation/No cancellation policy was told to my husband/I was there on a family emergency/It was March and they weren’t busy/They turned no one away due to my reservation/They LOST my reservation/and most of all: THEY REFUSE CONTACT WITH A CUSTOMER WHEN RESOLVING CONFLICTS! BEWARE!!!

Original review: April 9, 2018

I have stayed at Red Roof Inns before. Never had a problem. I don't mind economy hotels. I do mind filth. I know you would not put your family in filth. Why should I? So Friday 4-6-18 We arrived at the motel Red Roof Inn 4621 Rittman road San Antonio. Arrived 3:45 and were told housekeeping was behind come back in an hour. So Arrived back at 5. She gave us a room. We walked in and dirt literally crunched under our feet. The floor is wood looking vinyl. Someone had taken muddy boots off at door. All the dirt still on floor. So Obviously had not swept or mopped. Dirt everywhere on floor.

Went into bathroom. Used bandaid stuck to shower curtain Rod. So I went to front desk to inform the lady. She said nothing she could do. She had no other rooms. So we left and had to pay for another motel. Your motel was a waste of my time and money. I hope you intend to look into this. You really need to send someone there undercover and see what is going on. You are misrepresenting to your customers. This motel is so far away from being a 2.5 star hotel. I Have never complained or written a bad review ever. I am a easy to please person. This is my first. I really hope you look into for your customers sake.

Original review: April 6, 2018

First room they gave us there was drywall all over the room! The second room smelled like smoke and sweat! The elevator stopped working. Instead of getting someone to fix it or check on it they yelled at us and told us there was stairs in either end of the building... Good luck staying here. Nasty, not clean, no keep up properly... Never staying here again!!!

Original review: April 3, 2018

I checked in the hotel in the last few days of the month of March 2018. When I arrived the hotel agent acted as if she had no idea where I came from and why I was even there. She actually wanted me to go find another hotel at a last-minute notice because she didn't want to trouble herself trying to help me. The trouble was when I arrived the room that I got was a king size bed with no pull out couch. I was told there would be a pull up couch for my child. They told me that they do not accommodate pull-out couches at that location. She insisted that it was a mistake that no one spoke to me from the her location but in reality I spoke to the customer service from their location that told me this. I used the service online booking.com to book this reservation with Red Roof Inn. They kept blaming booking.com for their lack of attention and customer service.

Whatever information was in booking.com was not correct. They did not have a Jacuzzi. All they had was a pool that I wasn't allowed to use because it was seasonal. They did not provide breakfast. I was shown three different bedrooms. Two of them had a queen-size bed which meant I had to pay extra and she also told me that the price I got on booking.com did not include the $50 deposit. The blanket on one of the beds had blood stain on the corner that I was told was paint and that they wanted to see it in order to replace it for me. Seriously if someone told me that something had a stain in it I wouldn't even want to look at it. I would replace it and get them a new blanket if I was running a business.

Then small missing details about the room like a door locked in the bathroom a stumper for the bathtub a toilet paper roll holder. I had to contact the hotel in person cuz they would not answer the phone to them about the small details that were missing in the bathroom. Not to mention that the bathroom door did not close. It would constantly open on its own. I had to use a Maxi Pad to hold it closed. Then the bedroom outside door did not. I had no idea about this until I asked my daughter to pull it over to pull it to see if it opened. In order to make sure it's locked I had to push it hard enough. Then not to mention there was a terrible weed smell and cigarette smell in the bathroom from the neighbors upstairs. It was a non-smoking room. I didn't understand why it smells so much like cigarettes and later like weed from the neighbors upstairs.

I also had a hard time finding parking in the next to my room. I had to go all the way around to the back end to park my car. Not to mention it was very scary to park the car in the back. There were some interesting characters that would sit in the car all night long and it looked as if they were living in those rooms for months. I don't where they came from but they seem to very ghetto. A man approached me three times to ask me for a cigarette. That really freaked me out cuz I don't even smoke and I felt scared.

I started to wonder if the government was assisting them with living in the hotel for economical reasons. I paid a lot for this room and I was hoping for good service and to feel as if it was a real hotel not some boarding house full of ghetto people. The front desk lady said they do not serve breakfast but they have coffee all the time. When I check the coffee makers there was no coffee in them. I was very disappointed I couldn't wait to leave. I wanted to cancel everything but it was late notice and I didn't want to pay extra for some other place when I. Therefore my experience overall was terrible, terrifying, traumatic, uncomfortable and unpleasant. I couldn't wait to leave the sooner the better.

Original review: March 25, 2018

I stayed at the Red Roof in Lubbock Texas. The staff was rude. Holes in the walls. Mold and mildew in the shower. Water damage to the wall between the shower and toilet. Shower rod not cleaned. Drain plugs missing. Vent fan not working. False ceiling tiles in the bathroom. Holes in the window curtain. Curtain pull rod missing. Elevator walls are worn out wood veneer. Tiles on floor in elevator are broken. Pool was green. Never going to a Red Roof Inn again.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove Illinois and by far it was the worst experience ever. I stayed in a room for a week and not once did room service come to ask if we needed the room cleaned, when I asked housekeeping if they could have our sheets changed the girl gave me a garbage bag and said, "Go put the old ones in there" and she will give me new ones to put back on the bed... What am I paying for? And then when I told the front desk people about the issue they said that if you stay 3 days or more it is considered a week’s stay and they only clean once a week. Then while I was at work I get a call from my girlfriend saying that they kicked her out of the room because we weren't checked in for 6 days only 5, and the supervisor came upstairs banging on the door telling her to pack our stuff up and that she need to leave because housekeeping was coming by to clean the room for the next guests.

So she put her outside in the rain while it was only 30 degrees outside for almost 2 hours with all of our stuff and housekeeping never even came to clean the room. Then after I cleared up the mistake they made the supervisor came back upstairs and told my girlfriend she can now go back in the room and that they fixed the issue. After that we upgraded to a bigger room with a fridge and microwave because we were going to be staying for a couple more weeks. When I got home from work my girlfriend moved all our stuff for a third time into another room. When I got home I was very tired and just wanted to go to sleep because I had to be up early again for work, I went to sleep and woke up 2 hours later to scratching all over. I sat up and felt something crawling on my face and turned the lights on and looked down and there were a bunch of bed bugs all over my pillow and on the sheets.

I went to the front desk to complain about this issue and nobody was there so I said, “Hello” multiple times loud and then started yelling louder. By this time some guy comes strolling up to the front with no shoes on and tells me he was sleeping and he was sorry. Must be nice to get paid to sleep. He puts us in another room and we packed our stuff and went to another place that was the same price and the service was ten times better. Not to mention that they still charged us for the room for the night that the bed bug issue happened and I was told that the claims department will be contacting me within a day or two and that was a week ago. I told the supervisor who kicked my girlfriend out of the room that there were bed bugs and we wanted a refund and she said she needs a picture to prove it.

So I brought down the cup with the bug in it while they had a customer in there and I said, “Here is your bed bug you requested” and she yelled at me and said "I'm with a customer" really loud at me and I said, “I'm a customer too and you have bed bugs here and drug dealers serving people narcotics.” A deluxe budget motel is better than this establishment will ever be. I strongly encourage anyone who reads this to stay away from the Red Roof Inn in Downers Grove. This place lost over $1,000 of business from me because of their inconsiderate feeble housekeeping and hospitality. I will never stay at Red Roof Inn again in my life just because of this first time experience I've had. And the sad part is is that I travel a lot and this company could have had a loyal customer.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

When we got there couldn't get in the door cause it was sticking. Had to kick the door to get it to open. Then fridge was turned up all up all the way and it wasn't even cold. Then was told that it was a private bathroom and it wasn't. It was a hole in the wall. It was a nice bucket when we walked into the room. Then pull back the sheets on the bed and there is yellow stains all over the sheets. It looked like the sheets had not even been changed from the last person that stayed there. My husband went and said something moved to new room. New room was better but remote didn't work, room had an envelope asking for money for the housekeeper. Had hardwood floors and they were dirty. When we left to go to a funeral there were empty pizza boxes thrown under the steps and when we returned it was still there at 3pm.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

The place was clean. It was near all the place I needed to go to and the service was great. Very helpful staff. They couldn't do enough for you. Not a 5 Star place but for the money it was more than you get at most places I've stayed at. I would recommend anytime.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I booked a room at the Red Roof Inn Peoria on War Memorial Drive on 1/22/18. The Hotels.com website said, in the fine print, that if the room was canceled by 700 pm CST on 1/24/18 that a refund would be issued. I cancelled the booking at 630 PM CST on 1/24/18; I received no email or correspondence of any kind to prove that I had cancelled within the stated time frame. By 2/8/18 I still had not received a refund. I contacted the hotel directly and was told that they have a no cancellation policy, I then contacted Hotels.com and was told that my time of cancellation was 1250 AM CST which is inaccurate. Hotels.com said they would contact the hotel to attempt to obtain a refund. They stated they could not obtain a refund to my card. Seems like a scam to me. I put a review on Consumer Affairs about Hotels.com as well.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Excuse me 'cause I’m shaking so hard right now. I checked my li'l sister and her cat into the Red Inn Hotel in Dover, De about 2 days ago. This morning she went to go get the free breakfast that the hotel offered and came back to her cat missing. She told the hotel manager and staff and they started looking for her cat. They kept telling her that they didn’t see anything on the surveillance camera (a lie we feel) and that they would keep looking. Well my sister just called me crying her eyes out because she believes she found her cat dead on the side of the highway with what looks like a bullet wound in his head.

Please if anybody knows what actions my sister and I can take to bring this hotel down it would be awesome. I was finally able to meet my sister cat Cloudy while I was home for leave and he was the sweetest and scaredyiest cat ever. He would run with the smallest sounds and would just hide. He was a rescue cat and my sister had him since he was a little kitten. If anybody has any information I could use that would be much appreciated. Thank you. R.I.P Cloudy. Mommy and Aunty loves you very much, omg I’m sorry you had to go through that. I know you were so scared and just wanted your mom.

I called the hotel myself a few times. The first time I called I talk to a manager name Amanda and she assured me she was going to check over the surveillance and get back to me. I called a few hours later after finding out Cloudy was dead and she had yet to do any of what she said she was going to do. I tried to talk to somebody else above her and she gave me the runaround about how nobody has the number to the franchise manager, she could give me an email, somebody named Peter called the franchise manager and let him know about the cat already. None of it honestly made sense. My sister called the police and they told the police that the computers with the surveillance in them were down, so they weren’t able to check the surveillance. I would like some justice and some jobs lost please. Amanda just hung up on my telling me to write a bad review on Expedia when I asked to talk to somebody else.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I have been staying at Red Roof Inn since 2014 and the cancellation policy (which I have used on several occasions) has always been the day of the reservation. My latest reservation was not canceled due to a requirement that I cancel 24 hours in advance. This is a new policy I was not made aware of. They want to charge me even though I will not be staying. They have lost me as a customer! Charge me for one night, lose a lifetime of overnight stays. Not a great way to run a business.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Coming up on the building, both the outside and the parking lot seemed perfectly clean and in order- and, as a past customer of this business (more specifically the one in North Little Rock on Pritchard road- while this time around I'd chosen to take residence at the Red Roof Inn #552) I'd honestly been glad to arrive after the long trip I'd taken to get there during difficult weather on Tuesday 1/16/2018. However, I'd soon be disappointed by what all I'd find.

First of all, for a hotel that offers non smoking rooms, one would think they'd at least make an attempt to neutralize the smell. And yet, as my sister, husband, ten year old daughter and eight month old child made our way up the stairs and into the hall, we were immediately smacked in the face with the stench of smoke. It was overbearing- to the point where I couldn't ignore it regardless of how hard I may have wanted to. Hoping to escape the stench when I'd entered my room, we'd also very quickly learned that the walls were about as thin as a sheet of A4 standard copy paper. From the neighbors chattering in the halls, to the rooms around us loudly blasting music with no apparent consequence, we could hear it all. Left weary by both the stench and the sound, we'd went to climb into the bed- but the top cover had stains, and after hesitantly peeling them back I only found strands of hair scattered atop the sheets.

Initially, I'd tried to hold onto the hope that the room was simply on the cheaper end, and that all would be alright, but that night I had been awoken by something biting on my arms and legs. The marks were clear, and had begun swelling- and in retrospect I can only be grateful that I had been the recipient of them over my eight month old daughter, who surely wouldn't have recovered as well.

That night, I'd ended up having to go to the ER- and I also find myself thankful that I had the sense to remove my wedding rings before my finger had swelled up to the point they had. When I'd returned in the morning, the manager- Ian **, whose name I'm making it a point to recount because of his abysmal customer service- had apparently called Terminix to check the room, and they'd apparently claimed to have not seen anything. Ian then proceeded to argue with me over the bumps I'd received while in their hotel after the claim that it couldn't have been bed bugs- even going as far as to demand that I show him what bit me... Needless to say, I do not intend on ever revisiting this location, and I hope you don't give it a wink of your time either.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

Sub Par conditions and They dont want to hear it. I recently stayed at the Red Roof in Whitley City, KY. I received an email today to fill out a survey on my visit, which I did. I was hurt and in awe to answer the questions truthfully only to receive an email back from the hotel saying GO elsewhere!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I stayed at University Red Roof in Columbus, Ohio due to an outage of my furnace. Upon arriving, I wanted to take a hot shower. The shower was dripping cold water and the stopper was down. There was about 2 inches of water in the tub. There was rust spots in the tub by the drain. The stopper in the sink was also not working correctly. There was a banging noise coming from, I think, the bathroom fan. Could not sleep all night. The housekeepers were dirty looking and it made me wonder about the cleanliness of the room. The sink area looked like it was wiped down with a dirty rag. Yuck. I was up all night and now I feel like I'm getting some kind of illness. When I complaint about the noise, the front desk just said, "Oh". Nothing else.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Way too overpriced for even the so-called superior room, possibly taking advantage of a weather. Clean but outdated, dimmer switch in bathroom had no knob, old beat up sofa sleeper, must have been an inch gap under entry door. Breakfast was laughable. Would not return.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

I'm not at the Red Roof Inn in Parkersburg WV right now. I was there for 2 nights and had to leave. I was there with a family member and I'm pretty sure that they are still in hotel room with my name on the room. Why doesn't your clerks check things like this out seriously if it's not myself personally with proper identification coming in the office to pay for another night or however it works then shouldn't payment be refuse and it's my debit card on the line and my money on the line and God forbid if anything happened my name and my record on the line.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Corporate does not have any policy for it's terribly operated and maintained franchise. Booking on their corporate website is a joke. During a 10 day trip, I was told rooms on the first floor were as much as $37.00 more than the room rate quoted. One motel told me they did not take pets, another said, a pet in an ADA room was not allowed, another that pets over 40# were not accepted. One inn tried to book me a room at another motel, since the desk there hung up on me twice while trying to confirm the booking, she was also hung up on by the same desk person. She put in a call to Red Roof corporate office, and they also hung up on her...

I thought she was going to go through the "Roof", she said it was totally unacceptable and that the management was causing loss of business to "Good" “franchise” holders because of not managing the "bad" ones... We ended up staying at that Inn several nights, they treated us very well, but she said she understood why I said this was my last trip using Red Roof. In the tell us more comments do not cover this 1 motel, it is in reference to others.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

St. Louis location's premium rooms are not what you expected. Manager is lazy and judging. New housekeeping is rude. They could do a lot more for the customers. Offer a complimentary breakfast. Not beat on the door early for nothing. Make sure to have clean towels.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Wake up with a stranger next to you! Imagine waking up in your bed, and seeing 7 strangers in your room, 5 of them standing over you. This is what I woke up to yesterday at this hellish hotel. Previously, Airbnb sent me to this hotel as a perk through their corporate account, as I am a frequent a user and long time 5 star guest. At the hotel I thought the smoke free gimmick was nice and I didn't mind the room. So I decided to give it 4 nights and see if I liked it again. After 2 nights, I was satisfied and wished to extend my stay 2 additional nights, to make it 6 total (I had just confirmed the move in date for my new house, starting Oct. 6 nearby).

After 40 minutes over the phone, and 2 conversations with the front desk, it seemed that my rate would be increased for not only the 2 new days I wanted, but also the 2 I hadn't used yet. This was unacceptable, so I spoke with the phone agent again and let them know I would book online and if we could combine the stay. They said yes. A very nice girl at the front desk the night before let me know that I should speak with the morning operation the following day to make sure my stay was connected. I was told everything would be great, as long as I booked the same room they gave me for where I was staying.

So here's the great part. I call at 7 AM that morning. The girl at the front desk, confirmed my extension. She was even kind enough to point out I had actually mixed up the dates, told me she would alter it so I would have the extra 2 concurrent days, and that everything was perfect. The Vegas shooting was ongoing the night before and having not heard from my friends in Vegas I did not go to bed until late. I put in my noise cancelling earbuds, turned up my white noise app, and went off to slumberland knowing that I had done everything requested, booked a stay with my credit card online, and confirmed this stay with the front desk.

At 1PM I woke up to 5 men standing over me, while the manager and her assistant I guess, were behind. The shock and terror of this cannot be overstated. As this isn't the best area, they do apparently sometimes have things happened, and I had no idea waking from my sleep what this was. The amount of shock this caused, gave me a heart attack. I spent 6 hours at the Emergency Hospital nearby, to address my newfound heart pain... which still hurts as I write this.

Onto the amazing part. Despite having done everything I could, once the fireman they had called left with all of these uninvited people in my room, the manager promptly told me that I had moved the bed and that because of that I was no longer welcome at the hotel. These beds have wheels, real wheels, likely for cleaning under them, and I simply moved it at an angle to be closer to the air conditioner. What business is it of hers anyway, I didn't hurt anything?

So here I am, dizzy, shocked, gripping my chest, and this fat lady is telling me I can't stay at the hotel, because I moved my bed 4 feet towards the AC. This is after she didn't bother to recognize I had headphones on in my bed, as well as my phone was plugged into them. I can't say enough how unprofessional and pathetic this interaction was. I am already looking into where to file my lawsuit.

I explained to her before she walked off, that I had a right to stay, that I had paid, and this was already promised by an agent of the hotel, who worked at the front desk. I am told her name was Amanda... but the source of that information may be false. Apparently, they didn't understand that the girl had already approved my reservation and everything was solid. Otherwise, I have no idea what they were thinking.

35 minutes later, there is a knock on my door. I had already begun to clean up the room and leave it nice for the maids, as I always do wherever I stay, but I was unable to completely finish. Guess who? The manager called the police on me and had them supervise and escort me off the property! Me a customer who continued to offer to pay beforehand for my stay as well as was satisfied with previous days and the other stay.

So here I am, a Juris Doctorate holder from Pepperdine class of 2010, a current student in a Masters of Theology program, being told I have to leave because the manager said so and that she has ultimate discretion to kick me out. When the police came to the door I was in fact on the phone with dispatch to discuss with them my options, as I know this was all illegal.

I cannot say enough I would avoid this hotel at all costs. I have 26 Airbnb reviews as a guest, and every single one is 5 stars stating that I am a stellar customer and guest, who always leaves the room clean and is very polite. This review is only the beginning of a huge media campaign as well as legal recourse that I will seek as I look to be made whole from this encounter. I can only caution the reader, that I would avoid at all costs as this may happen to you as well. I will now be arrested if I ever set foot at a Red Roof again, as per this pathetic manager's filing against me as a trespasser. Amazing. Also a personal computer item of mine valued at $300 broke while being rushed out. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

This Motel chain is in big trouble with its management abilities. Each location we have stayed at has the ability to do as they please when running each location. This is a bad idea for such a large chain. They have different locations charging high prices and poor service. They need a one rule network. This motel chain is headed for bankruptcy quick unless they change their policies fast. We have complained to customer service of Red Roof and they only leave it up to each location to fix the problem... but they do nothing about it. They just send a "We are sorry" email but continue to do the same things and they lie about what they have done.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

My stay at the Red Roof Inn and the locations is Commerce, GA. I arrived at the hotel on 9/26/2017 and the desk clerk was very nice and I ask about how clean the rooms were and she replied very very nice so I decided to stay the night after driving over 500 miles that day. I entered my room and at first glance the room appeared to be what she described. I was very tired and decided not to set a alarm and sleep until I awoke the next day. I had to use the bathroom about 4:00 am and as I was walk to the bathroom I felt something crawling on my back and turned around to the mirror. To my disbelieve there were 2 grown cockroaches on my right shoulder so I got a towel and got them off and stepped on them.

I immediately started looking around the room and there were many dead and alive roaches. Needless to say I started checking my overnight bag and found a small live one in a side pocket. So then pulled everything out of my bag and shaken all to see if anymore and repacked my bag and took my things to the truck and got my 3000 lumens flashlight and started looking at the room and found many more alive and dead behind different things and then noticed there was one in the bed dead and then 1 was crawling up my leg. So I took pictures and called the front desk and ask the clerk if he would come to my room and see the circumstances that I encountered and his reply was, "How can we make everything ok?" and I told him first of all to refund the night stay and replied he would have to get with the GM and they would call.

I went to the checkout desk and showed him the pictures and he was very pleasant and kept apologizing and would have the GM to call. Well after about 36 hours some lady called and said the manager offered me a 15% discount and I told her it really wasn't about the money. It was more about having a clean room so no others would go through what I had and she said he would call me back and I told her that was fine. However I was going to contact the headquarters and give my review and that's the last conversation we had. I am on the road overnight around 40-45 times per year and this is the worst so far in 10 years.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Checked in 09/25/2017 at 7:00 pm Room 153. They have a bad bed bugs problem, this place is nasty. They will have you in the emergency room. It's sad that people are so confused about what's clean and what's not clean. I had to be treated at emergency room after stay at a hotel that I had to pay for. Jacksonville, FL has the worst hotels on the east coast. The city needs to close these cheap hotels down. Red Roof Inn has no check and balances when it comes to their brand. Anyone can pay the franchise fee and get to use their name in a hotel. I hope they get it together before someone gets hurt or even dies over a nasty environment at a hotel.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

I recently stayed at your Red Roof Inn. My experience was not good and I believe I will not stay there in the future or recommend this place to anyone else. I was in Detroit for my family reunion with my granddaughter. We stayed from Sept 1-4. We were to stay 5 days and I checked out a day earlier. When I first arrived they gave me a room that was not clean, so I returned to the front desk and informed the person there, he apologized and assigned me another room which he inspected for himself before he sent us to the room. Very unsatisfied customer.

Red Roof Inn Company Information