Red Roof Inn

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My husband were driving home from Florida and started looking for a hotel room in South Carolina. This is on April 8th which was a Saturday. We stopped at the Best Western and Hampton Inn and they were booked. So reluctantly we went to Red Roof Inn next from the other two hotels. Since they had two rooms left we stayed for the night. My complaint is the price was ridiculously high at $151.00 for the night. Checking online I see the prices are only between $60 to $80 a night on a Saturday.

I believe I was charged double because there were no other available rooms anywhere else in town that night. Is this legal? Maybe not ethically not right. On top of the high price, the hotel was crappy. It smelled everywhere. The water in bathtub did not go down and the toilet seat was broke. This hotel was the pits. It was in Yemassee South Carolina. I paid less money for a Sheraton and Embassy Suites on our trip which wonderful hotels compared to Red Roof Inn. Thank you.

My reason for this review is to make people aware of how the Red Roof Inn is and how they treat their customers! My family and I made reservations there for the 3rd of April and we were going to check out on the morning of the 4th. However when I walked into the room it was nasty and looked nothing like the picture on their site! The beds looked like they had been slept in and the sheets weren't changed. We were on the 4th floor and the window was open and I have a small child! I immediately went downstairs and complained about the room and told them I would like another room like the picture when I was informed they didn't have one. I wasn't about to keep the room I had so we checked out. Mind you I checked in at 12:52 pm and checked right back out at 1:06 pm.

The women at the front desk didn't want to refund me my money and told me I would be charged a cancellation fee from Booking.com which is how I booked my room. So after a few days of going back and forth with Booking.com and listening to the hotel's lies about how they tried to accommodate me and that I agreed to pay the cancellation fees also how after I checked out I didn't return my key but did leave the property but returned (after sending to Booking.com a copy of what time I checked into my other hotel) to the hotel and stayed on their property for an additional 4 to 5 hours... ALL LIES! I said all that to say this. Do not stay at this hotel! They are rude, nasty and privately owned and no matter how much proof you have they will not refund you your money! Go somewhere else!

Upon check-in at a Red Roof Inn in mid-March 2017, the desk clerk asked for both my debit card and my driver's license when I checked in. When I asked where the pool was, he told me to walk down the hall to see. Within 2 days, I attempted to use my debit card and it was declined. It was late on a Saturday, so I could not contact my bank for 2 days. I had no internet reception as I was on vacation and the wifi was not connecting, so I could not check my bank account. When I was able to contact my bank and go online to check my account, there was a number of fraudulent charges, several hundred dollars! I contacted my "card services" representative and closed the card.

PRIOR to contacting Red Roof Customer Service I called the motel and asked for the manager. I was told the manager was no longer employed there. I then asked whether the desk clerk on duty the day I checked in was or would be available, and I was told that employee was no longer employed there! I then stated I did not receive a statement for my charges and asked to have the statement sent via email. What is interesting is that my debit was NOT charged for the stay at the motel. I was told the "new" manager would be in later that day and would call me. I never got a phone call. I filed a complaint with Red Roof "guest relations" and now almost 2 weeks later NOTHING from them. I did receive a very condescending email from the new manager of the motel which was the typical "we are sorry your experience was not what you expected" response!

WARNING to anyone considering staying at a Red Roof Inn, do not take your eyes off of your debit or credit card!!! Their employees are not honest! They caused me to cut my vacation short by 2 weeks because I did not have sufficient cash to continue! I am now filing the necessary paperwork to prove fraud, and I will find out who/where the former employee and manager are! If Red Roof Inn does not contact me to try and rectify the situation I will pursue what legal remedy there is. I only used my debit card twice following the Red Roof Inn event, and have contacted those establishments, who satisfied my questions and am convinced it was Red Roof Inns! DO NOT TRUST RED ROOF INNS!!!

Wow, I go in to check MY wife & me into hotel. The front desk personnel ask me for ID. I told her I'm using my wife credit card. I give her both IDs, she look at me and tells me, "This doesn't look like you. I can't accept this, I'm going to have to see her." I go to the vehicle. Do all the things you do to get a wheelchair bound person out and into your facility. She says, "I'm not checking you guys in," 'cause I pointed my finger at her. You can look at the film. I didn't. I am a construction worker for over 30 years. Travel all over country. Putting up high rises. You your facility often. In Alabama, Louisiana, West Virginia etc. Never been treated like this. Ohio. Love to get a response.

I rented a room for 3-4 nights and paid for every night. I was in office every morning. No one ever complained to me at all. All of a sudden I came home from work last night with police at the door saying we had to leave due to the noise. Someone complained about the dogs and etc. Not 1 time did they call me and say a word or mention any noise complaints but 18 people in the room in room 121 in and out all hours of the night from 9 pm to 5 am made a complaint. No evict for them. No cops at their door. But we had friends visit and when anyone knocks on doors dogs will bark. However it's a pet friendly hotel lmao.

If you don't want noise go to a hotel with no dogs and you put us all out on the streets our happy home wasn't done but that's because ignorant people can't handle noise. Go to a hotel that's not pet friendly or one with no kids. Whoever complained better be happy that me and my 3 kids are now living on the streets. Thanks to all of you who complained and I want every damn dime back I paid for the rooms which never got cleaned the 3 days I was there... never got a receipt for any of my stays either like they said and charged more than quoted. Rooms were not very well temp controlled.

For the money and area I give it a 0000000. It really is not as advertised. People beware. It isn't as it says it is. If you don't check out on time they harass you and threaten you... people in office are discriminatory and I plan on pushing that. I'm a disabled woman with disabled children whom they now put on the streets so be aware it's not all that is claims to be. BEWARE!!!! NOT KID OR PET FRIENDLY, SNEEZE OUTSIDE OR TALK TOO LOUD, YOU GET KICKED OUT.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Horrible experience, staff lied to us, place was disgusting. As Chief of a Search and Rescue Team, I had reserved 4 rooms for myself and members of my team for training. There were two additional rooms other member took care of themselves. Upon contacting the Hotel the first time I was informed that they had a full breakfast bar. Even photos online of the property shows this. They DID NOT have any form of breakfast. There was a Orange and Apple juice machine, However, there was no juice for them. This was a major factor in reserving this Hotel. The elevator was broken. Ice Machines were out of service. Guest Laundry was out of service. The door locks were broken on 5 of these rooms.

In all rooms there were issues with wall plugs being pulled out from the wall. In all rooms there were issues with the Tub drains. In all rooms there were issues the very hard and uncomfortable beds. In all rooms there were issues with lamps having blown bulbs or lamps were broken. This is one of the worst experiences I have ever had with any Red Roof Inn. Very disappointed with this stay.

Stayed in Galveston. Was greeted by Toby. He was very friendly and helpful. His last words to us as we headed to our room was "Call if you need anything, anything at all. Just pick up the phone and dial 0." We get to our room after a full day of sight seeing so my husband goes to take his shower first. When he gets done I go to take mine. That's when I realize we were only given one wash cloth and he had used it. So I pick up the phone to dial "0". The room phone did not work. My husband pulled the bed out to see if it was unplugged. Checked all the connections. Still do not work so I used my cell phone and went thru the automated system. Finally a woman answered. I told her our room number and that we needed more towels and wash cloths. She said okay. I used the corner of my towel to take my bath and off we went to eat and hit the beach.

Over two hours later we returned to our room to find no extra towels or wash cloths. Called again from my cell phone having to go all thru the automated system again. Finally got to talk to the same woman again about not getting our extra linens yet. She told me they were booked and had to do extra loads of laundry and a load was in the dryer. As soon as they were done she would have someone bring them up. Got ready for bed. Went to brush my teeth and a roach starts climbing up the wall right next to me. Killed it because I did not want it climbing in our bed during the night. No one ever showed up that first night.

When we went down to eat breakfast, I stopped at the front desk and told a different man about what happened the night before. He said when they got there that morning a load of laundry was left in the dryer from the night before and as he spoke a woman came around a corner pushing a cart/bag loaded with unfold towels and wash rags so I believe him. He said he would have extra left in our room that day. We left and went metal detecting all day. Got back to our room to find it had been cleaned but not a single extra towel or wash rag had been left. This time my husband let me use the wash rag and he used half of his towel. We went to eat and when we got back we packed up and left. We had stayed at a Red Roof Inn in Pensacola FL with our dog and that experience was pleasant so we had not second thoughts about staying in one again, but after this experience we will not be staying at one again.

On the second day driving back from our vacation we drove until we reached the Red Roof in Harrisburg that we had been in the week prior only to discover that the price was 40$ more. This brought the total cost over $100, more than we paid for any other hotel on our trip and those all included some type of breakfast, a coffee machine and in some even a fridge. We were very disappointed. We felt victims of a price hike which we were told was due to an event in town. We do not plan to return to any other Red Roof after this incident.

Red Roof Inn, Fulton, NY - First of all I was quoted, on the phone, a price of $59.99/night, plus tax. When I got there, she charged $69.99/night, plus tax. Secondly, it took about 10 minutes for the water to get hot. Also, the fire alarm was hanging from the ceiling (I'm not sure if it was working).

Red Roof Inn Austell, Ga lies to keep your money. On Saturday, February 25 I reserved a room through Expedia. Upon calling to confirm I spoke with a female at the desk, around 11:40 pm and was advised that there were no rooms available. I told her that I have been charged and I was reassured that since there was no room available my reservation had not been accepted and I would not be charged.

The following day I noted in my bank account that I was charged. I called immediately and was told by another female that the manager was not in and they would call me back the following Monday. She told Michael from Expedia this as well. Monday and Tuesday go by no calls. Wednesday I receive an email from Expedia stating on two separate occasions that the manager refuses to refund my money claiming I was a no show. If there were no rooms available and I was told it would be cancelled, what purpose is it for me to come? Expedia continues to apologize but basically can do nothing but allow this manager to lie. It is very very poor customer service to tell people there are no rooms available, then lie and manipulate the situation in order to keep money I paid for services I did not receive due to circumstances beyond my control.

December 2016 I booked and prepaid for lodging @ Red Roof Inn Orlando FL. I paid $619.00 for two rooms for Feb 15th - 19th 2017. On January 31st I contacted them to cancel my reservations, I called the Inn and was told that my rooms would be canceled and I would have to talk to manager about my refund. The manager wasn't in so I would have to call back. This went on for several days and finally after insisting I spoke with the manager. He refused to refund my payment. Reason was that I prepaid and was given a "Special Rate" and did not qualify for refund.

I had booked through Expedia show I contacted them. They also contacted the Inn and after much runaround they spoke to manager who again refused my refund. Expedia said it's up to them to refund the $$$. I have contacted Red Roof Corporate Office and I'm waiting for answer. I will not stop. New step is Florida State Attorney's Office, Ohio State Attorney's Office Central Florida Hotel/Inn Association. Do not use Red Roof Inns.

I booked a room at Red roof inn north in Tucson. They never told me there was a no cancellation policy. I lost my job and then a tree fell on my house. I called to Expedia to cancel, they told me of the no cancellation policy but the man I spoke to said they would give me a full refund. A few days later I got an email saying they would not refund my $354.00. I called approx 3 weeks before to cancel so they had plenty of time to rent the room. If I had known I wouldn't get a refund I would have just taken some of my friends and at least not had to pay the whole bill myself and we would have had some fun. They blamed it on Expedia but the hotel was the one who collected the money. I would never have stayed if I'd known they had a no cancellation policy. I will never use Red Roof Inn again. You would really think they would try to improve customer relations instead of getting bad reviews.

As staff in a local social agency on January 25, 2017, I arranged a room for a 70 year old mother and her adult daughter in need at the Red Roof Inn in Statesboro, GA. I had secured accommodations previously for others in need without problems. Since the general manager was not on-site, the front desk connected me with him by phone. He agreed to invoice my agency on January 26 and that I would pay by check and thus avoid the his costs for payment via credit card.

The ladies provided ID and were given a room key. When they entered their room they were horrified at the condition of the beds. These ladies had slept in their car for the previous three weeks and were exhausted. They contacted the front desk regarding the problem. The response was not satisfactory and ended with them being told rudely that if they were dissatisfied they should call the man that had brought them and have him get them a room in another place. They expressed embarrassment in calling me and did not want to seem ungrateful for assistance.

I went to their room... supposedly a non-smoking room that a terribly strong smell of tobacco. I checked the pillows and sheets. They were incredible! I took pictures. You will find them attached. No one regardless of their situation should be treated as they were. I turned in the room key. Even though it was evening, I was able to secure a room for them.

The manager managed to escalate a simple misunderstanding into a full blown argument. Two weeks ago I spent a week at the Red Roof. Clean rooms, only interaction w/ staff was the second day. Housekeepers were pounding on my door and the maintenance man let himself in telling me to leave because unknown to me the information the desk attendant had entered in the computer was was wrong and I was due to check out then and not 5 days from then which is what I paid for the night before. I got over it.

I checked in last night, again for a week. I made clear because of the last time being woken up literally 7 times. "Please make sure the information is correct this time." Well the front desk called waking me up. I'M frustrated now. They need my license or other verification for my credit card. They had 2 forms of ID last night when I checked in. The attendant apparently misunderstood my voice probably projected the frustration with the office but he took it personally and slammed the phone down before I finished telling him first shift should have relayed that I will be in at 3:30 after work. So after work I walk in and immediately ask why he would hang up like that. I was being as nice as I could. I was aggravated.

To my amazement the manager walks out of the back room, hearing the heated conversation that should already be over!!! Between the attendant and I. The manager starts yelling over our conversation, claiming he was told I was rude. Truth was he asked his employee to call me. Again shortly after his employee printed out an invoice showing the manager was wrong. Which explains why he was angry. I got an apology from the attendant but the manager felt screaming at me solved his problem... He should be fired. It's obviously the way he solves miscommunications. He was shockingly unprofessional.

Red Roof Inn & Suites Bellmawr 217 South Horse Pike NJ. On 12/29/2016 my family stay was unpleasant and horrible. I checked into my room #406 to find mold in refrigerator and beds sheets full of hairs and cigar holes and a couch full of black discolor stains. I paid $156.78 US dollars off my card. I made the front desk aware of this when I checked the room and all he did was give me sheets so I can clean the room for them lol. He told me he had no more 2 bed deluxe that I would need to talk to manager in morning at 4 am 12/30/2016. The manager did not show up at that time 4:00 am. My family was upset!!!

The trip was to stay in these conditions this just nasty. I should just call Molly's Maid to come clean this dump. The downside to this is CEOs like (Booking. com) and (Priceline.com) have no respective way of remove these nasty owners whom to followup on how to keep their businesses order that's why most site don't want to give refunds. We even sent pictures. Also we gave the manager a big bag of hair sheets and all she wanted to do is hurry to cleaning them not give us our money make $156.78. My family just checked out early and let this rundown owners keep our money. I'll tell you people never learn to take responsibility for their actions. I'll never book with these companies again. I think all business owners should let health department inspection come take a look at these hotels to make sure they follow the rules at random.

When checking out of the Red Roof in Rancho Cordova, CA, I requested a receipt for the $100 deposit... I was refused a receipt and they refused to refund my $100 deposit. After contacting customer service, I was told the $100 deposit had been credited to my Expedia account... which was a lie. To date Red Roof has not refunded or credited me my $100.00! DO NOT STAY AT RED ROOF INN... THEY ARE THIEVES AND LIARS!!

Early Wednesday the 23 of November I check in with my husband and two children. The rooms were horrible. Roaches and the toilet was broken. I switched rooms to have construction being done at 9 am two doors down and under. My daughter and son had a problem with the key card three times before they switched rooms. Thanksgiving banging and construction again at 8:30 9:00 am. Walkway blocked by a ladder to do painting. Key cards again didn't work. We had to go get it reprogrammed. No iron board, iron, microwave, hair dryer. Friday was locked out again. Was told we only paid for three days. They charged us for Tuesday, we arrived Wednesday am. They said they fixed it, and wouldn't be charged an extra day. My kid's room was never cleaned the three days we were there.

Saturday checked out. Received a bill with three rooms charged for four days. Explained we weren't supposed to be charged the fourth day and we only had two rooms. They said I have to call customer service. Customer service gave me corporate number. Corporate can only take off the first day, for all three rooms. That wasn't supposed to be charged to us anyway. The next day Red Roof put through three more transactions. I called them and they said it wasn't them. Call my bank. I called my bank and they said it was stating Red Roof. Now an investigation is underway. The worst experience of my life. I will never ever go to another Red Roof again. The place was dirty and no one knows what to do. Staff was friendly but had no knowledge of how to book a room and take care of the problems.

Book a stay at Red Roof. Call way ahead to cancelled. The person who I speak to don't know the hell what he's doing. He said he cancelled it but call back the next morning to make sure it go through. Call back like he said. Speak to the manager. I say, "Please look to see if that cancelation go thru". He say, "No," and he can't do anything about it and he can't give back any refund.

Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, Ky - Room was booked in advanced upon arrival nothing was in their system. First room they put us in was already in use. Second room was OK. During the rest of evening three people tried to get in room. Upon questioning why they explained that was the room they was assigned. Then we was double charged for the room. Also the person working the desk was his first night on the job yet no one else was there training the person. Definitely not a place to recommend to anyone. To date still not heard back from manager and now hotel is saying they didn't overcharge it was Booking.com though hotel had told us they never received the booking. This company is a joke and rips people off.

Red Roof Inn - Chicago-Joliet - Don't fill out the customer satisfaction survey while you are still in the room. The GM didn't like what I had to say so the harassment began with her throwing policies at me relating to my cat who was staying with me. She basically kicked me out of the hotel because I didn't want the staff coming in to clean when I was not in the room. I am working in the area from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m Sunday-Wednesday. She basically stated that it is their policy to come in to ensure the "assets" twice per week.

How does she explain the stink of cigarette smoke that knocked me down when I entered the room or the broken dresser drawer that was broken when I checked in because they check the "assets" twice per week? I am a working professional with a cat. Unless she thought there was a dead body in the room, I don't know why she thinks she needs her staff to be in my room when there are loud rowdy construction workers staying here that are significantly more disruptive.

Red roof inn, 1011 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205. A terrible place. Rooms are dirty. They don't clean rooms at all if you are staying more than one day. A terrible Manager. She does not even know how to respect her customers. I would NEVER stay at this place. I requested room clean 4 times. It was never cleaned. Upon check out I had conversation with Manager... Oh man... She was horrible. She said we took out parking and left a snack basket. I replied, "No you never send or left in my room". She ask housekeeping and then went to the room. It was not true that they left basket of snack for me. When she did not find a basket in my room or fridge, she still said that "I can not confirm because you have taken out your stuff." I offered her "Check my luggage" to check. How horrible and disrespectful these people are. These people are awful.

I will NEVER stay again and will not recommend to anyone.

I just flew into to Harrisburg from Seattle Wa on the last flight in and got a taxi to the Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey... Eisenhower Blvd. I originally called a few days before I got into town and the lady on the phone told me all rooms are $50 no matter what the size and/or how many beds. And she also said I could just check in without a reservation. I think she was just trying to hurry me off the phone? Upon my arrival at 11:30pm Friday night. The front desk clerk was talking to two of her friends. 1 female and 1 male. Both sitting in the lobby the female with her shoes off all just shooting the **. The clerk informed me the room was $83 not $50 and she doesn't know why someone told me that. I got to my room took a shower and after I'm ready for bed I discover the heat doesn't work.

I called the front desk clerk and told her the situation and that I'm very tired and already in bed and didn't want to move. So she said "Ok... I'll adjust your bill." In the morning the front desk clerk was EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNHELPFUL and didn't give a DAMN! About the heat problem. The bill was never adjusted and they seemed to be perfectly happy with their horrible service. Do yourself a favor and drive right past that place!!!

I went here for a weekend when my house had a flood & had a terrible experience me & my fiance. Let me start by saying they don't come & clean ya room, the house keeper smells like **, they don't give towels or wash rags like they should. You have to hunt them down somehow. My fiance key wouldn't work no longer. He got another one so when I got home from work my key wouldn't work. They like "we have to have permission from him in order to let you in." Made me wait a whole 1 hr. They were really rude. I wouldn't recommend no one to go there ever!!! No one came to make bed. Nothing.

I stayed there Oct 5 and 6 in room 126. Early morning on the 6th I felt something crawling on my leg. I jumped out of bed and found a black bug in the bed. I went to the bathroom for some toilet paper to catch the bug and found another black bug on the roll of toilet paper! Upon further inspection I found bed bugs in the bed. I do not recommend staying at Red Roof Inn in Henrietta NY.

We turned on heat upon arrival - very easy; hot or cold, the temp had arrow buttons and the fan was high, low or auto. Being that the heat was off and it was 37 outside and we were going to Fright Fest we turned it on high to 79 degrees. We got back to the room about 4 hours later and after going to the Speedway across the street where we were asked if we wanted "pills or trees" by a fine gentleman whose child was in the car with him we walked into an ice cold room that was blasting cold air!! NO HEAT. No one was at the desk and when we checked out we were told the manager would probably "comp" the room and would call me - never did. I called twice then at 6:30pm after I was told he "left out for the night". I said I wanted corporate's number which he gave me but it was wrong.

I suddenly got a callback - just said he was the manager and when I asked for a name he ignored me and started asking me what I needed. I told him to which he replied that the "dials can be tricky". I said I was college educated and can turn on heat and there were no dials then he backtracked and said "well I had maintenance check it out first thing this morning and he said it was fine so I don't know what the problem was." I asked him to go check personally and he said he would and call me right back.

About 3 min later he called and said it came right on for him, at this point he was getting to be argumentative and I said I wasn't lying and we had no heat. He proceeded to tell me that "I don't know what to tell you but I ain't giving no refund if that's what you looking for." I said that's fine I will contact corporate. He responded with, "You can call all day long but they ain't giving you no refund neither." By then I had it with the insults and the disrespectful tone and the Ebonics so I said, "Wow you are **." He then said, "I ain't **, I ain't the one calling 10 times over 60 bucks" and hung up on me. Do not stay at this hotel and if you want pics I will be more than happy to post them.

Husband and I got a flat tire while visiting my brother at Geisinger. It was 11 at night and we were too far from home so figured this was close and the tire place just across the street. The front desk woman was friendly checked us into 303 a king room. Upon entering room looked clean but after pulling down blankets there were red stains under the sheet. Husband said "let's just pull the flat up over fitted and go to bed" but the flat was clearly used and not changed there was dirt and hair along with yellow stain. So we got, up pulled sheets off and found blood stains... Large blood stains all over the mattress pad. We took it off bed to take to desk and on the mattress we found a large yellow urine stain. She moved our room, didn't offer a discount or anything and took the mattress pad. Don't stay here. Upon entering room it looks nice but obviously housekeeping is lazy and don't change sheets, bedding or clean mattresses.

We had no choice to be checking in at 3 am and checking out for good the next morning so a cheap hotel was good enough. But nightmare wasn't expected. I'll begin with the minors like a rusted stairwell and hole in the door frame outside our door. Sorry for the residents around us but we had to bang into the door 4 or 5 times to get the door open after unlocking it. My daughter took one full bed and my husband and I passed out in the other. But not before my daughter realized she was laying next to a semen stain on her bed.

So after a few shrieks of disgust we laid and contaminated OUR OWN PERSONAL blankets on the bed and we slept on that. If it wasn't a ridiculous hour, we would have raised hell but it was 3:30 am at this point. We couldn't wait to get OUT in the morning and we all kept shoes on due to the floor being sticky and a few dead bugs scattered around. I think I slept 2 hours because I was so disgusted about the unclean sheets. Never a Red Roof again.

Woke up at 1:30 am on the morning of Sept. 27th at a RED ROOF INN in Clinton, Tn. itching in several areas. Turned on the lights and got up to discover 3 bed bugs crawling around in the area I just got up from. I was packed and out there in 15 minutes after I collected 6 in a clear plastic cup the room come with. I stopped at the office and showed the bugs and the bites and I was all but called a liar by the TOOTHLESS wonder behind the glass. Right!! I self-inflicted 4 bites and ALWAYS carry around a half dozen bed bugs with me when I travel for business. I was told I'd have a room refund and 3 days later no such refund has appeared. Wish I could post pictures here. NOW, I have to take all these precautions at home after looking up online just how easy it is to transport them. And how difficult it is to get rid of them once you have them. SOMEONE is going to pay for this mess.

Very good. Worthwhile. Very nice. I would stay at this Red Roof Inn if I were in Jacksonville again. The location was good, the service was excellent and the room was very nice. Everything was what we expected it to be and more.

We were visiting family in the Little Rock area and checked in on Thursday and checked out the following Monday. PROS: Dog-friendly, indoor plumbing, working electricity. CONS: room keys failed to work consistently. Rooms smelled absolutely disgusting, the carpets haven't been steam cleaned in forever (my son's white socks turned dark brown after walking on the carpet for an hour). The window to our room (on the first floor) did NOT LOCK. There was no safe in the room. The deadbolt to the room wasn't operational. The air conditioner hadn't been serviced or cleaned properly by an HVAC technician - it blew out disgusting smoking residue foul-smelling air into the room (this was a non-smoking room).

The bed was soft, hard, and lumpy all at the same time. The sheets used as a bottom sheet didn't fully cover the mattress. The top sheet covering the duvet smelled like urine, and when it was pulled back the urine stain on the duvet was revealed (very gross). The drain in the shower was clogged with someone else's hair and body particulate. The fan in the bathroom was non functioning. The wifi never worked. The breakfast was pathetic (and they would run out of coffee!!!! ). I found a plate of food in the microwave (THAT WAS A PREVIOUS GUEST's) that smelled horrible, and the POOL? A RAZOR BLADE was found poolside when we went out to splash, and lastly, there is a car without wheels, on blocks in the parking lot.

Wait, maybe lastly should be that there was always some guy hanging out in the front lobby on the couch or the chairs, and at one point, he was laying on the couch, with his barefeet, as if he was in the privacy of his own house. Was this the manager, Devo **? Could be. Normally, I would bring all of these issues up to the hotel and ask them to make it right, however, I didn't see the point in this particular case. The first room we were originally assigned, I lasted maybe 10 seconds in there before I turned right back around and went back to the front desk asking for a new room because of the horrific ODOR.

My PROS and CONS above are based on the New & Improved room I was assigned. Due to safety issues, I brought the attention of the razor blade up immediately with the front desk staff who seemed to respond with haste to the safety concern (kids out on the pool deck, etc.). What you also need to know is the kind of neighborhood this hotel is in. I was traveling alone with my 9 year old son and our toy breed dog. My husband later joined us in the weekend once he was off of work.

I was extremely concerned about my safety as a guest here, as I was addressed EVERY TIME I went outside to walk my dog by men staying at the hotel, men walking by on the street, or just random men loitering across the street behind some industrial buildings. They would walk over to me, or slam on their brakes and start talking to me from their vehicle, or hang out in their vehicle and call to me from across the parking lot: "Hey baby, looking good!" "Hey beautiful, whats your name? Come over here and talk to me!" Really? Like I am actually paying money for this experience.

On one side of the hotel is a daycare that has a travel van with the back windows busted out and at least one flat tire. Behind the hotel is what looks to be low-income apartments, at least, that is what I gleaned from the looks of the automobiles going in and out of the apartment complex - broken windshields, bumpers dragging, older model vehicles blasting loud club music. During the day and night, there are always people walking up and down the street in front of the hotel, as the street in front of the hotel is the main conduit to the shell station at the corner, and the Mcdonald's across the street. Walking is a verb I use loosely here, as most were swaying back and forth looking like they were about to fall over into the street or oncoming traffic at any time. I'm no stranger to poverty and I know ghetto. This was that and so much more. Caveat emptor.

Red Roof Inn Company Profile