3.9/5 (444 ratings)

About Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Room was disgusting. I was with my small children and I had to lay down my personal clothes so my kids didn’t touch the stained sheets and duvet. The staff was lovely and the restaurant was good, but the room smelled of bleach mixed with pee and throwup. The room overall was disgusting, and I would absolutely never stay there again. I wouldn’t even shower there, or use anything in the room. The location is good but they charged for parking even though on the website it said it was free. The guy at the front advised he gave us a better room and it was horrible. Priceline advertised the room as 3 star but when I called the hotel (after hours and hours of them not answering) they confirmed it was actually a 2 star.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Booked Premium room at Red Roof Plus Atlanta-Buckhead. Disgusting. Room smelled of smoke, broken curtains, broken AC, marks on walls (blood?), dirty fridge and no snack box. All we got was coffee. We booked this room looking for comfort and knowing there would be something to drink and snack on before going straight to sleep after a long 10 hour drive would be perfect. Was totally disappointed. And we get charged a deposit for any damages or smell of smoke. Tell me. Do these room not get inspected. Do they not care enough that this is a brand? Do they not care enough about making sure what a customer is promised is what a customer should get. The fact we paid to have the “Premium Room” and it was the worst we have ever stayed in. After reading your description of the Premium Room I am saddened that this is what is considered an upgrade with luxury bedding etc.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

She has a huge heart. Knows how to be professional and friendly at the same time. Understands guests' concerns and needs and goes out of her way to go above and beyond to manage the place. She is there all the time and should be recognized for her excellent service and time put into this company. My room was standard but clean and bug free. All that matters. I will stay here as long as she is there.

Original review: July 21, 2022

I stayed at HomeTowne Studios in Kent/ Demoines, Wa that was booked through Priceline and I'm here to say it was the filthiest hotel I've ever experienced. Any good reviews about this property are fake. Not only did I personally have to clean the room I booked, but the office staff were rude and indifferent about that, like it was my fault I booked there. No fresh towels or maid service whatsoever. I want a refund, but I know that's not going to happen. I just pray that I get my $100 dollar deposit back. I stayed at this property from 7/13 to 7/20, 2022. I will never stay at a Red Roof property ever again and I'm tempted to file a complaint with the Washington State Department of Health. Of course, the BBB will also be contacted along with the ACLU. This property should be closed down until it can come back up to livable standards. Also, there is a huge rat problem all over the property.

Original review: June 22, 2022

We stayed at the Rockford, Illinois, Casino District Red Roof Inn on June 4, 2022. Upon arrival we unloaded our things into the room and went for dinner. When we came back we noticed a cigarette was stuck in the peep hole (which is something crack heads do) and there were ants everywhere--on the counter, the tub, the toilet, the towels, on the floor and some crawled into the carpet under the bed. The front desk was contacted and the girl came to our room. She offered to relocate us. She also said upon arrival that this was the last room on ground level. We had been on the road for 10 hrs that day, we were tired, we are 70 yrs of age and both are cancer patients. We didn't want the hassle of moving and climbing stairs. Then during the night there was this head-banging thumping music and extremely LOUD voices from down the way that woke us up! And we had yet another 10 hrs drive to our destination.

I contacted 'Guest Relations' and the management of the Red Roof Inn to express our complete displeasure staying there and requested a refund. We were totally denied but offered a 50% discount on a future stay. What does that have to do with compensating us for what we already experienced?! All that does is guarantee them another booking and additional income!! I worked in Executive Housekeeping and I KNOW what a hotel should do to keep their guests happy and a return customer. The manager of this dump said he couldn't do anything more so I told him THAT tells me upper management doesn't care either. And that I was DONE staying at any RRI. The previous time we stayed at this location a sock was left behind by housekeeping. This location is turning into a crack infested drug hangout. They can cater to the likes of that clientele.

Original review: June 6, 2022

Red Roof Inn MIAMISBURG OH FRAUDULENT. Charged me for a room that was not secure with no working deadbolt work on the outside facing door! Good thing I brought my gun, had to jam the chair under the door and sleep on the far side of the room! The fridge was frozen over and had water on the entire floor and had the rug wet! There were other no rooms available and I had no ride to another hotel. I am handicap and cannot get around easily yet the office had me walk back and forth a half mile as there was no phone cord on the in room phone. I never authorized ANY charges as the room was not safe or suitable for occupancy.

I was very clear to have Tammy and her GM contact about any charges which there should be NONE under the circumstances. I have filed a claim with BBB and filed a fraud dispute with my CC. DO NOT STAY WITH RED ROOF, they stated an email was sent and I verified my email and my call back # and no one ever contacted me! Very rude!

Original review: May 22, 2022

This is the worst hotel, RED ROOF INN, I have ever stayed in. My family reserved the room and paid in full at reservation had we known it was terrible, we would not have reserved. And had we not paid in full, I would have left. Rude male staff, overfilling tub, sink knows was not working, air conditioning was not blowing cool air. I am sure people are reserving rooms based on online pictures and they are inaccurate, basically being dishonest. They should remove the pictures.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I visited the Lake Jackson, Tx location and booked ONE night. My debit card was charged at desk so I thought I was covered. Checked out next morning (earlier than check out time) and THOUGHT everything was fine bc I was given my $40 room deposit back that I had to pay in cash at the time of booking. Two days later on EASTER SUNDAY my card was charged again for the same amount!!! I tried to call the location to see what was going on but I got nothing but attitude as if I was in the wrong but they took my money smh so I called corporate office of Red Roof Inn and got nowhere. They sent me and email regretting to inform me that they would not be able to help me. Smh this is NOT a good company at all so save your money!!!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

Squealing noise so loud. It hurts your ears. Kept me up half the night. Called front desk they acted like nothing was wrong. I had to ask if a alarm was going off. Good luck if you have to stay. Recommend ear plugs 1-26-22.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Very friendly, very knowledgeable about the policies, very helpful. I've been in Savannah Georgia since January 10 and this is the best customer service I've seen so far❤️with a well-kept clean establishment there for our safety. What a delightful bag breakfast for our safety due to Covid.❤️I would recommend this location to anyone Visiting Savannah Georgia. I look forward to coming back. Very pleasant stay.❤️

Red Roof Inn Company Information