3.9/5 (716 ratings)

About Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

I need to update my review previously. I said Holiday Inn but it's actually Red Roof Inn on 28th in Grand Rapids. The experience was one no one should ever have to experience when booking a hotel. The room was unusable and filthy. Plus it was unsafe. The reviews online are completely untrue and the pictures were not accurate. The staff were uncaring and very rude and unhelpful. The room should have been closed and not rented to anyone.

The tub was filthy and unusable. The furniture was broken. The clean towels were dirty. They just used the same towels from previous guests that were not clean. There was no remote for the TV and the coffee pot had a filter that had been there for months and no pot. The other occupants look like homeless and there was an overwhelming smell of pot. The staff attendant refused to give me a receipt when I checked out and told me the printer didn't work but when he realized I wasn't leaving without it suddenly the printer works.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2023

Checked in to the Red Roof Inn in Sylacauga, AL. Room was dirty, found dead cockroaches in the bathroom. Refrigerator was off with standing water and smelled bad. Had to go daily to try to get housekeeping to clean my room, went three days without housekeeping. Front desk desk told me that rooms were only cleaned every other day. House keeping supervisor later told me they should have been cleaned everyday. Was told they were out of towels and would bring me some later, that never happened. Linens were severely worn and stained. Towels and washcloths were in worse shape. Dog droppings were all over in front of the room in the grass. Highly recommend that you don’t spend your money here unless you want a stressful stay!!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

Red Roof Inn at 3025 N. Main Street, Anderson, South Carolina 29621. We were unable to stay at this location due to the unclean room, no curtain on the full-length window, door did not shut and lock correctly, lobby and room had a strong odor.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

Me and my dad stayed the night at the Red Roof Inn in Jackson Mississippi and it was absolutely disgusting. There was holes in the floor, a hole in the ceiling, mildew in the fridge, just nasty. Please don’t waste your money here.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

We stayed here in rock hill at the Red Roof Inn. The toilet was messed up in room 215. The hot water in the shower runs out in 5 minutes. Hot water in the military lasted longer than that when I was in boot camp. I would not stay here. It’s shady at night and we had reservations for 2 night but left after only one and should be refunded for that one night which I’m sure won't happen. I should have just stayed in my car.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

Had a reservation at the Red Roof Inn--Tampa Fairgrounds Casino. After checking in and going to our room we found it to be FILTHY. The bed sheets were dirty and the bed/sheets had dead bugs on it. Also the bathroom door had a hole in it and the bathtub was FILTHY. This occurred on 10/07/2022. Today is 10/17/2022 and I have not received a refund from Red Roof. I have sent several emails (4-5) to Red Roof Customer Service and all they have offered is a certificate for a free night stay. Would want to stay at that Red Roof Inn---NOT ME!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2022

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Parsippany. I was charged for a room that I didn’t stay in and when I asked for a refund they tried to refund me $30 from $155. Door lock was broken. Room phone was broke. TV did not work and the worst part was roaches. That is unacceptable and should definitely be giving a full refund for.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

So I got evicted after Covid hit & didn’t have money for move-in cost for a different house so I ended up at the Red Roof Inn on Dequindre Road in Warren Michigan! I was stuck there for 7 months! I’ve seen dead birds laying on the grass while walking my dogs & also seen a used condom laying outside of a door to a room! When informing the workers these health dangers were left. Had I known I would have 2 fraudulent charges on my disability pay card I would have photographed these disgusting things laying about!

I did Not authorize any scheduling of any payments which the manager Jimmy guy did so! 1 charge was for $1,379 & the 2nd was $957. So this Jimmy guy refunded me my $1,379 but basically told me to go to hell when I went there to ask him when I’d get the $957. How can big companies do this to an elderly single grama who is broke & try to get away with it? I called the law firm of Mike Morse & was directed to the Michigan State Bar due to time sensitive of being federal fraud from my disability! Just please people watch your money very carefully if you stay at this red roof inn, I wouldn’t want this to happen to anybody else.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Room was disgusting. I was with my small children and I had to lay down my personal clothes so my kids didn’t touch the stained sheets and duvet. The staff was lovely and the restaurant was good, but the room smelled of bleach mixed with pee and throwup. The room overall was disgusting, and I would absolutely never stay there again. I wouldn’t even shower there, or use anything in the room. The location is good but they charged for parking even though on the website it said it was free. The guy at the front advised he gave us a better room and it was horrible. Priceline advertised the room as 3 star but when I called the hotel (after hours and hours of them not answering) they confirmed it was actually a 2 star.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2022

Booked Premium room at Red Roof Plus Atlanta-Buckhead. Disgusting. Room smelled of smoke, broken curtains, broken AC, marks on walls (blood?), dirty fridge and no snack box. All we got was coffee. We booked this room looking for comfort and knowing there would be something to drink and snack on before going straight to sleep after a long 10 hour drive would be perfect. Was totally disappointed. And we get charged a deposit for any damages or smell of smoke. Tell me. Do these room not get inspected. Do they not care enough that this is a brand? Do they not care enough about making sure what a customer is promised is what a customer should get. The fact we paid to have the “Premium Room” and it was the worst we have ever stayed in. After reading your description of the Premium Room I am saddened that this is what is considered an upgrade with luxury bedding etc.

Red Roof Inn Company Information