Red Roof Inn

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Book a stay at Red Roof. Call way ahead to cancelled. The person who I speak to don't know the hell what he's doing. He said he cancelled it but call back the next morning to make sure it go through. Call back like he said. Speak to the manager. I say, "Please look to see if that cancelation go thru". He say, "No," and he can't do anything about it and he can't give back any refund.

Red Roof Inn Shelbyville, Ky - Room was booked in advanced upon arrival nothing was in their system. First room they put us in was already in use. Second room was OK. During the rest of evening three people tried to get in room. Upon questioning why they explained that was the room they was assigned. Then we was double charged for the room. Also the person working the desk was his first night on the job yet no one else was there training the person. Definitely not a place to recommend to anyone. To date still not heard back from manager and now hotel is saying they didn't overcharge it was Booking.com though hotel had told us they never received the booking. This company is a joke and rips people off.

Red Roof Inn - Chicago-Joliet - Don't fill out the customer satisfaction survey while you are still in the room. The GM didn't like what I had to say so the harassment began with her throwing policies at me relating to my cat who was staying with me. She basically kicked me out of the hotel because I didn't want the staff coming in to clean when I was not in the room. I am working in the area from 5:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m Sunday-Wednesday. She basically stated that it is their policy to come in to ensure the "assets" twice per week.

How does she explain the stink of cigarette smoke that knocked me down when I entered the room or the broken dresser drawer that was broken when I checked in because they check the "assets" twice per week? I am a working professional with a cat. Unless she thought there was a dead body in the room, I don't know why she thinks she needs her staff to be in my room when there are loud rowdy construction workers staying here that are significantly more disruptive.

Red roof inn, 1011 E Houston St, San Antonio, TX 78205. A terrible place. Rooms are dirty. They don't clean rooms at all if you are staying more than one day. A terrible Manager. She does not even know how to respect her customers. I would NEVER stay at this place. I requested room clean 4 times. It was never cleaned. Upon check out I had conversation with Manager... Oh man... She was horrible. She said we took out parking and left a snack basket. I replied, "No you never send or left in my room". She ask housekeeping and then went to the room. It was not true that they left basket of snack for me. When she did not find a basket in my room or fridge, she still said that "I can not confirm because you have taken out your stuff." I offered her "Check my luggage" to check. How horrible and disrespectful these people are. These people are awful.

I will NEVER stay again and will not recommend to anyone.

I just flew into to Harrisburg from Seattle Wa on the last flight in and got a taxi to the Red Roof Inn Harrisburg Hershey... Eisenhower Blvd. I originally called a few days before I got into town and the lady on the phone told me all rooms are $50 no matter what the size and/or how many beds. And she also said I could just check in without a reservation. I think she was just trying to hurry me off the phone? Upon my arrival at 11:30pm Friday night. The front desk clerk was talking to two of her friends. 1 female and 1 male. Both sitting in the lobby the female with her shoes off all just shooting the **. The clerk informed me the room was $83 not $50 and she doesn't know why someone told me that. I got to my room took a shower and after I'm ready for bed I discover the heat doesn't work.

I called the front desk clerk and told her the situation and that I'm very tired and already in bed and didn't want to move. So she said "Ok... I'll adjust your bill." In the morning the front desk clerk was EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNHELPFUL and didn't give a DAMN! About the heat problem. The bill was never adjusted and they seemed to be perfectly happy with their horrible service. Do yourself a favor and drive right past that place!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

I went here for a weekend when my house had a flood & had a terrible experience me & my fiance. Let me start by saying they don't come & clean ya room, the house keeper smells like **, they don't give towels or wash rags like they should. You have to hunt them down somehow. My fiance key wouldn't work no longer. He got another one so when I got home from work my key wouldn't work. They like "we have to have permission from him in order to let you in." Made me wait a whole 1 hr. They were really rude. I wouldn't recommend no one to go there ever!!! No one came to make bed. Nothing.

I stayed there Oct 5 and 6 in room 126. Early morning on the 6th I felt something crawling on my leg. I jumped out of bed and found a black bug in the bed. I went to the bathroom for some toilet paper to catch the bug and found another black bug on the roll of toilet paper! Upon further inspection I found bed bugs in the bed. I do not recommend staying at Red Roof Inn in Henrietta NY.

We turned on heat upon arrival - very easy; hot or cold, the temp had arrow buttons and the fan was high, low or auto. Being that the heat was off and it was 37 outside and we were going to Fright Fest we turned it on high to 79 degrees. We got back to the room about 4 hours later and after going to the Speedway across the street where we were asked if we wanted "pills or trees" by a fine gentleman whose child was in the car with him we walked into an ice cold room that was blasting cold air!! NO HEAT. No one was at the desk and when we checked out we were told the manager would probably "comp" the room and would call me - never did. I called twice then at 6:30pm after I was told he "left out for the night". I said I wanted corporate's number which he gave me but it was wrong.

I suddenly got a callback - just said he was the manager and when I asked for a name he ignored me and started asking me what I needed. I told him to which he replied that the "dials can be tricky". I said I was college educated and can turn on heat and there were no dials then he backtracked and said "well I had maintenance check it out first thing this morning and he said it was fine so I don't know what the problem was." I asked him to go check personally and he said he would and call me right back.

About 3 min later he called and said it came right on for him, at this point he was getting to be argumentative and I said I wasn't lying and we had no heat. He proceeded to tell me that "I don't know what to tell you but I ain't giving no refund if that's what you looking for." I said that's fine I will contact corporate. He responded with, "You can call all day long but they ain't giving you no refund neither." By then I had it with the insults and the disrespectful tone and the Ebonics so I said, "Wow you are **." He then said, "I ain't **, I ain't the one calling 10 times over 60 bucks" and hung up on me. Do not stay at this hotel and if you want pics I will be more than happy to post them.

Husband and I got a flat tire while visiting my brother at Geisinger. It was 11 at night and we were too far from home so figured this was close and the tire place just across the street. The front desk woman was friendly checked us into 303 a king room. Upon entering room looked clean but after pulling down blankets there were red stains under the sheet. Husband said "let's just pull the flat up over fitted and go to bed" but the flat was clearly used and not changed there was dirt and hair along with yellow stain. So we got, up pulled sheets off and found blood stains... Large blood stains all over the mattress pad. We took it off bed to take to desk and on the mattress we found a large yellow urine stain. She moved our room, didn't offer a discount or anything and took the mattress pad. Don't stay here. Upon entering room it looks nice but obviously housekeeping is lazy and don't change sheets, bedding or clean mattresses.

We had no choice to be checking in at 3 am and checking out for good the next morning so a cheap hotel was good enough. But nightmare wasn't expected. I'll begin with the minors like a rusted stairwell and hole in the door frame outside our door. Sorry for the residents around us but we had to bang into the door 4 or 5 times to get the door open after unlocking it. My daughter took one full bed and my husband and I passed out in the other. But not before my daughter realized she was laying next to a semen stain on her bed.

So after a few shrieks of disgust we laid and contaminated OUR OWN PERSONAL blankets on the bed and we slept on that. If it wasn't a ridiculous hour, we would have raised hell but it was 3:30 am at this point. We couldn't wait to get OUT in the morning and we all kept shoes on due to the floor being sticky and a few dead bugs scattered around. I think I slept 2 hours because I was so disgusted about the unclean sheets. Never a Red Roof again.

Woke up at 1:30 am on the morning of Sept. 27th at a RED ROOF INN in Clinton, Tn. itching in several areas. Turned on the lights and got up to discover 3 bed bugs crawling around in the area I just got up from. I was packed and out there in 15 minutes after I collected 6 in a clear plastic cup the room come with. I stopped at the office and showed the bugs and the bites and I was all but called a liar by the TOOTHLESS wonder behind the glass. Right!! I self-inflicted 4 bites and ALWAYS carry around a half dozen bed bugs with me when I travel for business. I was told I'd have a room refund and 3 days later no such refund has appeared. Wish I could post pictures here. NOW, I have to take all these precautions at home after looking up online just how easy it is to transport them. And how difficult it is to get rid of them once you have them. SOMEONE is going to pay for this mess.

Very good. Worthwhile. Very nice. I would stay at this Red Roof Inn if I were in Jacksonville again. The location was good, the service was excellent and the room was very nice. Everything was what we expected it to be and more.

We were visiting family in the Little Rock area and checked in on Thursday and checked out the following Monday. PROS: Dog-friendly, indoor plumbing, working electricity. CONS: room keys failed to work consistently. Rooms smelled absolutely disgusting, the carpets haven't been steam cleaned in forever (my son's white socks turned dark brown after walking on the carpet for an hour). The window to our room (on the first floor) did NOT LOCK. There was no safe in the room. The deadbolt to the room wasn't operational. The air conditioner hadn't been serviced or cleaned properly by an HVAC technician - it blew out disgusting smoking residue foul-smelling air into the room (this was a non-smoking room).

The bed was soft, hard, and lumpy all at the same time. The sheets used as a bottom sheet didn't fully cover the mattress. The top sheet covering the duvet smelled like urine, and when it was pulled back the urine stain on the duvet was revealed (very gross). The drain in the shower was clogged with someone else's hair and body particulate. The fan in the bathroom was non functioning. The wifi never worked. The breakfast was pathetic (and they would run out of coffee!!!! ). I found a plate of food in the microwave (THAT WAS A PREVIOUS GUEST's) that smelled horrible, and the POOL? A RAZOR BLADE was found poolside when we went out to splash, and lastly, there is a car without wheels, on blocks in the parking lot.

Wait, maybe lastly should be that there was always some guy hanging out in the front lobby on the couch or the chairs, and at one point, he was laying on the couch, with his barefeet, as if he was in the privacy of his own house. Was this the manager, Devo **? Could be. Normally, I would bring all of these issues up to the hotel and ask them to make it right, however, I didn't see the point in this particular case. The first room we were originally assigned, I lasted maybe 10 seconds in there before I turned right back around and went back to the front desk asking for a new room because of the horrific ODOR.

My PROS and CONS above are based on the New & Improved room I was assigned. Due to safety issues, I brought the attention of the razor blade up immediately with the front desk staff who seemed to respond with haste to the safety concern (kids out on the pool deck, etc.). What you also need to know is the kind of neighborhood this hotel is in. I was traveling alone with my 9 year old son and our toy breed dog. My husband later joined us in the weekend once he was off of work.

I was extremely concerned about my safety as a guest here, as I was addressed EVERY TIME I went outside to walk my dog by men staying at the hotel, men walking by on the street, or just random men loitering across the street behind some industrial buildings. They would walk over to me, or slam on their brakes and start talking to me from their vehicle, or hang out in their vehicle and call to me from across the parking lot: "Hey baby, looking good!" "Hey beautiful, whats your name? Come over here and talk to me!" Really? Like I am actually paying money for this experience.

On one side of the hotel is a daycare that has a travel van with the back windows busted out and at least one flat tire. Behind the hotel is what looks to be low-income apartments, at least, that is what I gleaned from the looks of the automobiles going in and out of the apartment complex - broken windshields, bumpers dragging, older model vehicles blasting loud club music. During the day and night, there are always people walking up and down the street in front of the hotel, as the street in front of the hotel is the main conduit to the shell station at the corner, and the Mcdonald's across the street. Walking is a verb I use loosely here, as most were swaying back and forth looking like they were about to fall over into the street or oncoming traffic at any time. I'm no stranger to poverty and I know ghetto. This was that and so much more. Caveat emptor.

This was the letter submitted to Guest Relation Management with resolution, apology or even refund offered. If there was one issue I could have avoided but being there was countless issues and one complaint and the outcome was beyond unprofessional and disrespectful. Please read below all the events that has taken place at this establishment for the 5 months I have stayed at this location. This matter was not resolved nor addressed just ignored. Then I was abruptly asked to leave since they could not satisfy me? As if in over 5 months they heard from me but accepted my money. Obviously unavoidable issues never addressed below nor even a respectable call to address or rectify my claims. I am in the process of taking this to a higher level until I receive not only a apology but a refund since my hard earned money for a peace of mind. Clean room was not met nor was it top priority.

To Whom it may concern: I am staying at your BWI Airport location and I have had several unfortunate situations occur since being here. From leaving my room only to return to find the ceiling full of mold and bacteria almost covering the whole ceiling over the bed area, to the bath tub full of rust and hairy mold, changing rooms then in this room, to floor soaking wet from the ceiling, water fall that came down onto my clothing in bags were soaking wet from upstairs room sink overflow. I had to actually go to laundromat to wash and dry my clothes "no offer" for compensation to wash here on premises, to "NOW" fungus mushrooms growing out of the air conditioning units???

I have small pets - a Yorkie who is 10 pounds and Imperial Shih Tzu who is 4 pounds and they have been sick since Thursday, vomiting and sluggish. We did not know why. At this point we searched for anything they could've eaten or came into contact with while in this room and that is when we found the fungus mushroom underneath the air conditioning unit. We have documented all of this not only for our records but corporate to address deep concerns. I have asthma that has been triggered by these circumstances on many occasions I mentioned above. Also we have had stomach viruses since Friday. Not sure why but it was strange very strange it occurs in these rooms.

This has just become unacceptable to continue to afford to pay for these type of situations to keep repeating itself without proper compensation for reoccurring issues out of my control. I have traveled from the Texas area 2000 miles to relocate here in the Maryland area only to have so many unfortunate situations occur at this particular location. I must say I have never experienced such unfortunate situations in 25 yrs as a professional. My field that requires me to be on the road 6 months out of a year so I have many frequent flyer miles and have stayed in 2-5 star accommodations never to experience anything to this severe. This I can say has never happened. I can truly state at this great magnitude.

Now I have to take my pets to the vet not knowing what they have been exposed to since the maintenance staff on duty never ever seen mushrooms grow under air conditioning units here before? I am now "VERY" worried as to why it is happening and what is it exactly? And through it all I received "A Free Night" which is not equivalent to all I am dealing with and have been very patient and understanding, while I do fully comprehend some things are truly out of our control YES; but it is all in how it is handled by management when they are made aware of the issues that continue to occur that they try to come up with any reasonable solution. To a problem your guest has not caused. (Keep in mind I do receive a free night based on my Redicard membership.)

The amount of money I am spending at Red Roof BWI for comfort, cleanliness and rest I should not have these issues or I should be compensated a lot more than "A FREE NIGHT" for all that I have dealt with and to deal with. I have not reported the practices here such as: the sex trade activity the desk staff decided to book her next to my room, connected doors, my latch to mine and for 2 days all I heard was loud sex noises and many strange men knocking on my door by accident so much we had to sit in our truck to watch this. At least 10 males entered we witnessed. In order to block the sound and not hear it we had to vacate, sit in our vehicle. It was unbelievable. Or the cooking of drugs. We were abruptly woken up too early Sunday morning with drug needles in front my door on the ground. I took to the office. We had vacate again for hours to sit in my vehicle.

Not mention the exterior massive trash and dog attack situation at 8 am one Sunday morning on my window and attacking of a mother outside my room door and how that was poorly handled and brushed off. We were offered nothing at all, and a lot of other major violations I have witnessed here - I still remained silent and patient hoping the manager would address this. Due to me relocating it is hard to move from hotel to hotel for comfort and cleanliness with pets and my profession. It is a hectic schedule so I need my rest when I do stay anywhere. I think I have been more than fair and have not complained even when I had justifiable reason to do so. But this fungus and mushrooms issue is the last straw and "NO", one free night does not make up for all of these situations. I pay weekly here until I close on my home which I pray for any day now but in the meantime I am here and feel this out of hand.

I truly am beyond upset about this and need action taken now so that these sort of situations do not occur to others who are undeserving and simply in town for work or relocating. This has caused me to not sleep, stress and for health reasons to be afraid for myself and my pets. I am asking that you look into this and please take this very seriously as it is. I am seeking an amicable solution to these reoccurring issues in a timely manner.

I booked a room for 8/27 online for the Williamsport, PA location. On their website it clearly states newly renovated. When I arrived I was very disappointed. Nothing was renovated, but in really bad condition. Especially the carpets all around and in the rooms. It was ripped, old, stained and not vacuumed for quite a while. The wifi did not work at all, only 2 bars - couldn't even open my FB. My room was dusty, not vacuumed and my toilet would not flush. There were stains all over the walls. The parking lot and driveway were full of deep potholes. I felt scammed. I go there once a month and even got the RediCard thinking I will need it for future reservations, but now I honestly don't think I would ever want to.

This was 8-28-16 in Middletown, Ohio. The room was disgusting and I found hair in the drain in the bathtub and the comforters were dirty then they charged me for different charges on my account and two deposits!!! I do not recommend this place to anybody!

I stayed at the Red Roof inn, in Santa Ana California August 9th, 10th and 11th with my church group which we took up three rooms. Who I also recommended Red Roof Inn to another church group that took up 5 rooms and yet another church from Northern California that took up two rooms. I have stayed at the Red Roof Inn previously three other times in Santa Ana for Celebrate Recovery Summit AT Saddleback Church in Lake Forest, California. I noticed this year a lot of the people staying in the hotel seem to be practicing drug addicts, practicing alcoholics and there was what appeared to be ladies of the evening.

Upon checking in, our church had sent them a check in advance paying for all the room and as I was checking in, they proceeded to tell me that they didn't take checks and I proceeded to tell them that they did take the check because it had already cleared the bank. After a lengthy discussion they went online and found that the check been cashed. Our church group checked out the morning of August 12th and the other Church groups we're checking out on the 13th of August. Upon talking to our state representative, I was informed that the room next to me room 154 had been broken into and my room which was 152 was also broken into, however I had already checked out.

I understand that the room next to me that was broken into there was some prescription medication that was taken and as far as I know that was all that was taken. After reading some of the reviews at different states, different towns, in different locations of the Red Roof Inns, I won't be staying in the Red Roof Inns anymore. They have lost a good customer. They did file a police report with the Santa Ana Police Department and they were told that every hotel and motel in Santa Ana is low income. With what we were charged, it wasn't low income.

Red Roof Inn, Lanham Md, I've stayed in for the second time on 8/13/16, and this was by far the worst. The room looked clean, but as the night went on I kept feeling uneasy, like I felt itchy, so I'd turn on the light and nothing. Then say around 5 am, my phone buzzes so I check it and then I feel a pinch on my arm so I shine the light from my phone and there it was, A BED BUG. My poor boyfriend sleeps hard, so they had a field day on him, he was so pissed. Needless to say we checked out early... and had to wait a hour for a refund. The staff was nice, but who wants to take bed bugs home with them and leave with bite marks all over. The mental anguish, RIDICULOUS. Inspect the mattress before you lay down. They hide well. Beware of those dark coverings they put over the box springs, it's where they live... never again!!!

After spending the weekend at the Red Roof Inn, I checked out Sunday, July 31, 2016. I forgot my pair of dress shoes and tried to call the Inn directly when I discovered them missing Sunday afternoon. I called the Inn five times during a period of two hours and let it ring at least 15 times each time without an answer. I finally called the 800 reservation number and the agent who answered said she would try and reach them at another number. She reached them and connected me to the front desk. The desk clerk said she would check to see if the shoes were turned in. After 20 minutes on hold she said the shoes were not turned in. Now, the shoes were on the floor in plain view and the cleaning staff would have tripped on them upon entering the room.

So, I suspected something was wrong and called the customer service number Monday morning. I got a recording and was put on hold for 18 minutes before I was cut off. I then tried emailing customer service and requested a receipt for the email. That was three days ago and I've given up on recovering the shoes. I should have suspected there would be problems at the Inn because when I checked in the Wi-Fi was not working. Saturday morning I notified the desk clerk the clock radio appeared to be a fire hazard and I had to disconnect it. The staff took no action to replace the radio. Also, the refrigerator was not bolted down. So, when one tried to open its door, the entire unit came out of the cabinet. Needless to say, I lost a pair of shoes and Red Roof Inn lost a customer.

Redicard Rewards are misleading. My husband and I stayed at a Red Roof Inn near Boston for 10 days. We earned enough points for a free stay. When my husband tried to use the points, we were told he was not eligible because the card is only in my name even though we earned the points together. Nothing was explained to me when they handed me the card. It seems the card cannot be in both of our names and cannot be transferred. They have carefully set up their rules to reduce the chance a customer might actually be able to use their points. We also belong to Hilton HHonors and they allow both husband and wife to use their points. Red Roof Inn just pretends that its loyalty card will earn you benefits. Their arbitrary rules only leave me with a desire to avoid them in the future.

The is the absolute worst location of any Red Roof Inn that you can imagine. I paid $250 for a Suite for myself, my wife & 2 children. The entry door to the room was broken; the security peephole was taped over; no microwave; no coffee maker, room had a terrible odor; 2 towels for 4 people; bath tub was filthy; exhaust fan in the bathroom had so much dirt & dust that you could not even tell it was working. After reporting these problems to the front desk, the clerk told us that he would report it to the manager. The manager said he spoke with the disinterested owner and he offered an offensive $30 off. We had to send the children to another location because of the terrible conditions. Don't stay here as you will not be happy!!!

We made our reservations through Hotels.com. We arrived at the Red Roof Inn in West Arkansas. The first day we were there the room was filthy. We requested for housekeeping to come back and clean it. During her cleaning we noticed roaches. The water will not go down in the sink. The toilet seat was broke. Once again nothing happened. We checked out two days later. We were scheduled to stay 3. Manager has not contacted me yet. This was May 29th.

My family and I stayed one night at the Red Roof Inn in Amarillo TX. All was fine during our overnight stay. The front desk person was pleasant, the room clean, although the tv did not work but we were not there to watch tv. I paid for the room prior to our stay and again no major problems... fast forward two weeks and I noticed a second charge for our stay. I immediately contacted the Red Roof Inn and they were able to pull up our information and realized that I had indeed been charged twice. The lady was very helpful, apologized for it and issued a refund for the second stay. I waited patiently for a week for my refund to appear on my credit card but no refund showed up.

I again contacted Red Roof and spoke to someone else, who informed me that the first refund had been cancelled, again she was able to pull up the information and see we were indeed charged twice. She informed me that a refund would be issued and again I received an apology. Well it's been a few days and guess what NO REFUND!! I guess I will be contacting them again. I take this as a lesson learned. I will no longer stay at a Red Roof Inn.

Red Roof Inn in Beaumont, TX - Enter lobby, chair has sponge coming out. Ask to check room before checking in. Thank you God for giving me the knowledge to always check the Room before checking in. Expedia gave the hotel 3.8. OMG! Opened the door and the computer chair was worn out 5 years ago and was the worst hotel I have ever been in. Run! Don't stop. When opening the door there was a sign saying "Wipe the mud off your boots..." no joke. Hotel looks 5,000 percent better outside than inside. All they had going for the hotel was the friendly front desk and maids. They even pulled the carpet off the floor and never replaced. RUN, FOREST RUN!!!

I and my gf stayed at Red Roof Inn in Los Banos, CA on May 14 and 15th. We checked in on the 14th. I asked how much is it for one bed 2 people one night at first. The lady at desk (manager) told me she had no regular rooms available, that all she had was a deluxe. Whatever the difference is I seen nothing extra or better as a reg room. I had stayed there months ago. But anyways she said it was 61.80 and 50 dollar deposit. So I pay all. The room was nice and cozy but the shower curtain didn't do its job. It let water thru and flood the floor. So we dried it with the towels. The tv had its flaws you'd turn it up and got a loud buzzing sound so you had to keep volume down in order to try and hear it. Well with the ac on, as it was hot outside, you couldn't hear it. But that's the least of my complaint.

Well the next day I went to pay for another day. The lady, same one, said I was the first customer to pay for the day out of approx 50 rooms. I'm the first? Check out time is 11 am Pacific time. I went there 10:50 am. Well first off the maintenance guy and room service girls looked like they were people off the street and on drugs. Lousy room service. Turned in towels. All of them remember we had to dry floor with them. The lady had knocked. I told her I paid for another day and that the manager said to let her know we need towels and toilet paper. The lady said "ok give me your towels. I'll be back in a few mins with clean ones and tp". About 2 hours later she is at the door. I heard her say to maintenance guy she would be done with our room in 5 mins. I went to door to open it to get the towels and tp. She had started to open door and said "oh my God I'm so sorry forgot you were in there...towels right". I said "yes and tp too".

She said "here's two bath towels and a med towel. I don't have anymore. I'll bring some wash cloths and hand towels later." I asked for the tp and she answered "ok I'll bring with towels". Never arrived. I went and got two rolls from my van. Thank God I had those emergency nature called lol. Anyways we stay and ready to check out at 11 am May 15th. Mind me say that when we rented room the manager never inquired if I wanted a smoker or non smoker room. I smoke pretty much about a pack a day. Well I'm loading my stuff in my van I see the kind lady manager walk past me and talk with room service. I had left our room door open as I was moving our luggage to van. She walks into room, says something to my gf and walks off and turns around and tells me for the first time there's no smoking in that room, it's non smokers. That it would cost her 120 to have it repainted so it maybe a non smoker room again.

I felt bewildered and told her "sorry we weren't told it was no smoking and never was asked if we wanted a smokers room." So she walks off a little irritated but I seen thru her cover. She couldn't been very upset since I know she knows she messed up by not mentioning it when we first checked in. I thought to myself oh no this lady did that purposely to trick us into giving her the 50 deposit and owe her an additional 70. So I finish loading up and go to office to turn key in and discuss the issue and have her take responsibility of failing to let me know it was non smoking. Well I turn in key and as I expected she says she can't give me the 50 deposit back because we smoked in room. I told her she never asked which we wanted and even though she didn't ask she didn't say that it was non smokers. She says "deluxe rooms are non smokers."

I said "well I didn't know and you have nothing posted documenting that." Then she says that she did ask me that which I wanted, smokers or non. "Well that don't make sense to me. You just said deluxe are non smokers but yet you say you asked me. Why would you ask me if they are non smokers only?" Then she tried to say I picked that one because it's cheaper than smokers. I told her "quit lying, for one either for or for non smokers room is same price anywhere you go." So she goes on to say that she clearly remembers asking me because there is no fridge or TV in there. I look at her and say "yes there is fridge and tv in there. **." I asked for remote which she gave me the day before. Then she stayed like surprised didn't know what to say then she says "sorry I got confused. I talked to room service. It was a different room."

I said "no you know exactly what you're trying to lie about and exactly what you're doing. You either did this as a trick purposely planned to keep the 50 dep or you really made a mistake by not letting me know it was non smokers. So now you're responsible for the painting and would come out your pocket. I'm not to pay for your mistake or pre-planned trickery." She says no that she told me it was non smokers. I even told her I smoke nearly a pack a day why would I inconvenience myself to have to step outside all times of day or night to smoke? I smoke often and would have picked a smokers room upon request. She said "sorry I'm not giving you the dep. I can call police." I said "call them. What are they going to do. I'm not breaking no law and besides they'll say it's a civil issue." I told her to take responsibility. Mistakes happen. She stayed thoughtful then burst out "I am not refunding your deposit. Have a good day."

I look at her and said "you know in your heart if you have one that you made a mistake. Fine keep that money if you need it more than I. Needless to say I only had 12 bucks to my name at this time. I was depending on this 50 deposit. You have more money than I but you don't have to trick anyone into a non smokers knowing they smoke." I say this because she seen me smoking prior to going in office. I even finished my cig in front of office door and window area where she looked at me and I waved at her. So I asked her "don't you remember you saw me smoking before I checked in. Besides do you smoke?" She answered "no". I said "since you don't remember me smoking, do you remember smelling cigarette smoke on me as I checked in and I was approx 2-3 ft from you and as a non smoker you should have smelled it all over me as one who doesn't smoke will smell it even hours later on a smoker. Same as a non drinker. You can smell alcohol on someone a mile away.

She said "no." Then I told her "I even wondered why there was a plastic tall ashtray outside my door but on walkway." She said there was none. I said "yes there is. Let's go look." She said "no it's ok." She then even argued she had video of our conversation at check in time where she advised me it was non smokers and she asked me which I wanted. I told her "please get video, let's review and see who's right." She said "oh no sorry. It doesn't record audio." I said "bs it records audio. That's an expensive dvr with like 10 camera system. I've had one cheap one with only 4 cameras and it records audio." It was a no win situation for me. I can't force her to give it back. I just told her "God knows you're wrong and you're robbing me a barley making it good hearted guy who is honest and would not have purposely smoked in a non smoking room to cost them money." That her in her self and conscience knows the truth. May God forgive her and bless her family. gb.

What a cold blooded non professional lady of a nice pics of rooms online motel. I will never rent there again and I don't recommend anyone to rent there either. I forgot to mention I should have thought it weird when she said the day I checked in that she tells customers even if they booked online for cheaper she would match the lower price to pay there in office because the website gets a percentage of the rate. What a loser lady tricking the web hosts out of their portion for their advertisement of their motel. I need to contact the sites and let them know what the lady said and what she is doing in order to deprive the sites of their agreed portion of rate. Straight robbed me.

Recently my husband and I stayed at Red Roof Inn in Poori Georgia. I was very disappointed in the lack of cleanliness of the room. The floors were filthy despite the fact that they are vinyl plank floors, so therefore easy to clean. They should be mopped in between customers. This should be required by the health department. Invest in a steam mop. They are not that expensive. My blanket had a hole in it. No double sheets between the blankets for sanitary reasons. I was trying to read in bed and had to lift the light shade to see better. There was so much dust around the light fixture it looked as though it had never been dusted. I could not sleep that night because I was so concerned with germs. We got up early the next morning and got out of there as quick as possible.

I stayed two nights at a very nice Red Roof Inn in Delaware, then found I was charged for one of the nights twice after I noticed two separate changes on my MasterCard bill. No one at Red Roof could account (nor find) this second charge. It was finally resolved by my credit card dispute office who had to cancel my card and reissue a new number. The cancelled card had everything from my EZ Pass to my mail away drug plan linked to it. To his credit, the manager at the Inn was very apologetic, helpful and gracious; not something that was the mind set from Red Roof's Corporate Office.

I received two dismissive, rude letters from George **, a Regional VP with Red Roof, the last one stating "Occasionally, we are unable to resolve a situation as a customer requests". This wasn't a complaint about a coffee maker not working; this was tampering with my financial records since MasterCard did find the name of the person whose room had been paid for with my card. He was a no-show, and I'm realistic enough to know mistakes do happen and when they do, take ownership, fix the problem and do something to maintain goodwill with the customer - it's how I ran my business 35 years. Had I run it with the goodwill Red Roof generates, I would have been out of business 34 1/2 years ago. In short - check your charges very carefully and don't hope for help from Red Roof if something goes wrong. I'm not just doing "one star" across the board since my interaction at the actual point of service was quite good.

I stayed at the Florence, SC hotel. I paid for 2 nights and they only keyed my cards for one. When going to get a new one to get in the room, I was giving so much crap for it. I don't feel that I souls have to pay extra on top of the $70 price just to get a fridge and microwave when I can go somewhere else for less and actually be given those things. No hairdryer, no coffee maker. My shower leaked and ran under the toilet on the other side. 2 towels for a 2 double bedroom. There was black hair all over the bathroom. I am a redhead. There was also trash and you could tell that they don't do a good job of cleaning, let alone wiping anything down. Coming back to the room, the cleaning people had thrown trash bags down the steps and the stuff that had falling out was left there at the bottom of the stairs. There was an open condom wrapper on the stairs.

Water was at the top of the stairs that someone could have slipped and fallen down from. Extremely rude people working at the front who all acted like they hated their job and would rather be anywhere else than helping us. The glossed over look of a nicer hotel is a joke and a lie. It covers all the dirt and grime of a staff who could care less. I will be spending my money somewhere else. And customer relations is another big joke. They don't care as long as they get your money.

We stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Palm Springs, CA and it was absolutely horrible. There were roaches, flies, mold, dirt across the floor, no A/C, and get this the towels were not available to shower to get the hell out of this hell hole of a hotel because we were already given 2 (the size of a dish towel) and the maid put up a fight. She directed me to the laundry room, where a fat ** (I can say that I'm fat) was sitting on her ass folding a stack of towels and refused to give me a towel too. Was overcharged... The list goes on and on.

I contacted RediCard (18007337663) to verify if I earned free night at the Red roof Plus in Newark, Delaware. I earned free nights in the past thru the "stay 3 nights earn 1 free night" offers at the Red roof in Philadelphia, Pa. In December 2015 I received emails from RediCard saying "stay 3 nights earn 1 night free." I thought this was a the general offer. I thought I would be eligible for this offer. I checked in to the Red Roof Plus in Newark, Delaware on 2/10/16-2/16/16. I paid direct to Red roof Plus for 6 nights. I thought I would be eligible to earn at least 1 or 2 free nights.

When I called RediCard today (2/14/216) to verify how many nights I earned I was told I had not earned enough points yet and it depends on the area you are staying in also???!!! And - since I am staying in Delaware will need more points to earn free night???!!! I told rep at RediCard no one ever said it will also depend on the area you are staying in until today. I asked to speak to supervisor and transferred me to a different dept. who could not help me. So I called back and spoke to someone else who told me to call Guest relations in the morning.

Had I known I would not be able to earn free nights I would not have stayed here. They are full of ** and will do anything to get your money. Then they don't want to honor their side of the bargain. It sounds like a scam to me. I spoke to front desk clerk at Red Roof as advised by RediCard and she said nothing she can do. Handled by RediCard. A lot of back and forth B.S.

Red Roof Inn Company Profile