2.7/5 (566 ratings)

About Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: May 22, 2022

This is the worst hotel, RED ROOF INN, I have ever stayed in. My family reserved the room and paid in full at reservation had we known it was terrible, we would not have reserved. And had we not paid in full, I would have left. Rude male staff, overfilling tub, sink knows was not working, air conditioning was not blowing cool air. I am sure people are reserving rooms based on online pictures and they are inaccurate, basically being dishonest. They should remove the pictures.

Original review: April 22, 2022

I visited the Lake Jackson, Tx location and booked ONE night. My debit card was charged at desk so I thought I was covered. Checked out next morning (earlier than check out time) and THOUGHT everything was fine bc I was given my $40 room deposit back that I had to pay in cash at the time of booking. Two days later on EASTER SUNDAY my card was charged again for the same amount!!! I tried to call the location to see what was going on but I got nothing but attitude as if I was in the wrong but they took my money smh so I called corporate office of Red Roof Inn and got nowhere. They sent me and email regretting to inform me that they would not be able to help me. Smh this is NOT a good company at all so save your money!!!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

Squealing noise so loud. It hurts your ears. Kept me up half the night. Called front desk they acted like nothing was wrong. I had to ask if a alarm was going off. Good luck if you have to stay. Recommend ear plugs 1-26-22.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

Very friendly, very knowledgeable about the policies, very helpful. I've been in Savannah Georgia since January 10 and this is the best customer service I've seen so far❤️with a well-kept clean establishment there for our safety. What a delightful bag breakfast for our safety due to Covid.❤️I would recommend this location to anyone Visiting Savannah Georgia. I look forward to coming back. Very pleasant stay.❤️

Original review: Jan. 19, 2022

I wish people would listen to you when you file a complaint. I told the customer relations team that every stay has been an issue with extended stay. Not just because of whether they don’t listen either just like the staff. My husband has been a frequent customer with Coliseum location since October or November 2021 and extended stay has been an issue with the service desk. The owner I assume has major attitude. When you’re dealing with people customer service should be your number 1 priority. The owner is very rude and need a reality check.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2021

We opened the door, looked pretty nice until about a few minutes in. I went into the bathroom to see a filthy bathtub (which had a small ** stain), toilet seat, and the bathroom didn’t even have a lock, there were many small tick-like bugs in there. Some of the outlets did not work, the coffee maker did not work, the channels barely worked due to “weak signal”. I had a 2 king sized bedroom and there was a drawer in between the beds, I opened it to find about 4-5 cock roaches running around. The sheets were a little dirty also. When my father told them how many of us were there (4), the guy went outside and walked up to our car and looked through both windows which made us feel uncomfortable. The soap at the sink was very dirty and there was no shampoo or conditioner. The Tv was at a really bad angle and could not be turned either. Do NOT use this hotel, it’s affordable but the money you’re saving is not worth the quality you’re receiving.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

This is in regards to the RED ROOF INN; 26,300 Dequindre Rd; Warren, Michigan. They rented me a room for a week (prepaid) that was a disaster zone. Bathtub filled with dirt; toilet running continuous; no TV; NO INTERNET; lamps not working; food rotting in the fridge and on and on. When we complained; they indicated they would issue a one day refund and correct the problems. They did not correct the problems and when another similar room became available, they moved us to that room. Not as many problems; No Internet, TV no remote; toilet working off and on; lights not working etc. Complained and we were told they would fix the problems; not so? They did nothing and then the GM and night manager kept avoiding us. They advised they would not refund anything in spite of commitment made. What a disaster the week was!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

We were traveling through the area after watching our daughter play a college ball game. With my first responder discount, the room was $166 after taxes and fees. The lobby was nice…the room…disgusting. We walked into the room and the light switch on the wall did not work. One lamp worked. The humidity in the room caused every surface to feel slimy, the sheets, pillow, and bed were damp. The light in the bathroom did not work. Metal lamp bases had rust all over them. German roaches crawled on the ceilings and wall. Spiders were frequently found also. Mold on the ceiling was painted over. The bathtub hardware had pieces missing. $144 is WAY TOO MUCH FOR A 1 star hotel that was advertised as a 3 star. I’ve stayed in cheaper motels that were much nicer. Also the towels were already wet due to moisture in room. Do not recommend!!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I just loved it here. Everyone was just awesome. I had everything I needed, a lady I think Terry by name-checked on me daily and made sure of it. She even went and got my family a few snacks while they were waiting on me to get ready. The food was great. Everyone smiled and was pleasant every day. The housekeeping staff would make sure my room was clean, Terry you did a great job. The hotel is pretty. Just a top-notch place to be. 10 out of 10.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This review is for the Red Roof Inn in Bowling Green Kentucky. (Had 2 rooms) First off they want a $250 deposit per room, yes $500 for two rooms!! And these double bed rooms are tiny! Extremely small. It was absolutely one of the most disgusting hotels I have stayed in in all my life. We literally had to clean our own toilets that had urine and pubic hair on the toilet seats.

The comforters look like they had been there for years, dirty, cigarette burn holes. And this was in a supposedly NONSMOKING room. There were cobwebs, dirt and dead bugs in every corner. The shower curtains look like they have never been cleaned or changed out since opening, completely stained brown with the bottoms unraveled and tattered. Mold and filth was coming out of the cracks of the bathtub and the sink where you brush your teeth. The "clean" towels all felt sticky to the touch. The smell of the rooms were horrendous upon arrival and still only faded away moderately when leaving 2 Days Later. The refrigerators and the microwaves were both ancient as well and dirty. There was literally rust and pieces missing inside of the refrigerator with one room's refrigerator not working at all.

We thought that the black from the bottom of our shoes was from walking around outside but with taking our shoes off at the door upon entering and walking around the room in only our socks we came to realize that the filth was actually coming from the floor of our rooms. We had to change our socks at least six times while staying there, each time our socks blackened to the point to where bleach did not fix them. The TV was horrible with only some channels barely visible, the remote to the TV in one room didn't work at all and the Wifi didn't work. There were no "do not disturb" signs on the doors and we got woke up to someone trying to open our doors twice in the morning from 8 to 9 a.m.

If you're looking for sleep this is not the place to go, beds are hard, air conditioners are faulty, smelly and loud. People are up at all hours of the night banging on the walls and stomping on the floor. One man literally stopped me and asked me if I could get him some drugs when we first got there. Lol. I made the reservation weeks in advance but when I got there they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about! I had to wait an extra 30 mins until they could find me two rooms next to each other, which was one of the things the reservation was made for! There was one certain accommodation that I asked for that they said that they would have on the Red Roof reservation line and at the hotel itself when I called prior to going. When I ended up there they act like they had no idea about anything I was talking about. The man up front was barely able to speak English enough to be able to communicate with me.

I've contacted and spoke with Red Roof customer service and said they would have someone contact me and to refund at least half of my money. Then the woman who ran the actual Hotel emailed me twice saying she was sorry about my "experience" and that was it. And now Red roof says since there are millions of people who call in with complaints that they can't possibly please everyone and this is just one of those instances where they can't do anything. In my opinion these places should be shut down because they are by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The pictures of the rooms online are like their absolute best of the best that must exist somewhere in California or something I don't know!! I have stayed in rundown motels in small towns better than this!

We're just hoping that our family didn't catch anything from there. I will never stay anywhere that nasty again. I will never go back Red Roof Inn for the rest of my life! Please do yourself a favor and spend a little extra and get you a room somewhere else!! You won't regret it! Absolute disappointment and a complete waste of money!!!

Red Roof Inn Company Information