3.8/5 (142 ratings)

About Red Roof Inn

Red Roof Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Red Roof Inn?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

I just loved it here. Everyone was just awesome. I had everything I needed, a lady I think Terry by name-checked on me daily and made sure of it. She even went and got my family a few snacks while they were waiting on me to get ready. The food was great. Everyone smiled and was pleasant every day. The housekeeping staff would make sure my room was clean, Terry you did a great job. The hotel is pretty. Just a top-notch place to be. 10 out of 10.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

This review is for the Red Roof Inn in Bowling Green Kentucky. (Had 2 rooms) First off they want a $250 deposit per room, yes $500 for two rooms!! And these double bed rooms are tiny! Extremely small. It was absolutely one of the most disgusting hotels I have stayed in in all my life. We literally had to clean our own toilets that had urine and pubic hair on the toilet seats.

The comforters look like they had been there for years, dirty, cigarette burn holes. And this was in a supposedly NONSMOKING room. There were cobwebs, dirt and dead bugs in every corner. The shower curtains look like they have never been cleaned or changed out since opening, completely stained brown with the bottoms unraveled and tattered. Mold and filth was coming out of the cracks of the bathtub and the sink where you brush your teeth. The "clean" towels all felt sticky to the touch. The smell of the rooms were horrendous upon arrival and still only faded away moderately when leaving 2 Days Later. The refrigerators and the microwaves were both ancient as well and dirty. There was literally rust and pieces missing inside of the refrigerator with one room's refrigerator not working at all.

We thought that the black from the bottom of our shoes was from walking around outside but with taking our shoes off at the door upon entering and walking around the room in only our socks we came to realize that the filth was actually coming from the floor of our rooms. We had to change our socks at least six times while staying there, each time our socks blackened to the point to where bleach did not fix them. The TV was horrible with only some channels barely visible, the remote to the TV in one room didn't work at all and the Wifi didn't work. There were no "do not disturb" signs on the doors and we got woke up to someone trying to open our doors twice in the morning from 8 to 9 a.m.

If you're looking for sleep this is not the place to go, beds are hard, air conditioners are faulty, smelly and loud. People are up at all hours of the night banging on the walls and stomping on the floor. One man literally stopped me and asked me if I could get him some drugs when we first got there. Lol. I made the reservation weeks in advance but when I got there they acted like they didn't know what I was talking about! I had to wait an extra 30 mins until they could find me two rooms next to each other, which was one of the things the reservation was made for! There was one certain accommodation that I asked for that they said that they would have on the Red Roof reservation line and at the hotel itself when I called prior to going. When I ended up there they act like they had no idea about anything I was talking about. The man up front was barely able to speak English enough to be able to communicate with me.

I've contacted and spoke with Red Roof customer service and said they would have someone contact me and to refund at least half of my money. Then the woman who ran the actual Hotel emailed me twice saying she was sorry about my "experience" and that was it. And now Red roof says since there are millions of people who call in with complaints that they can't possibly please everyone and this is just one of those instances where they can't do anything. In my opinion these places should be shut down because they are by far one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. The pictures of the rooms online are like their absolute best of the best that must exist somewhere in California or something I don't know!! I have stayed in rundown motels in small towns better than this!

We're just hoping that our family didn't catch anything from there. I will never stay anywhere that nasty again. I will never go back Red Roof Inn for the rest of my life! Please do yourself a favor and spend a little extra and get you a room somewhere else!! You won't regret it! Absolute disappointment and a complete waste of money!!!

Original review: July 29, 2021

There is a lady who works in the office (wavy/curly hair) whom is very disrespectful and rude whom does not know how to do get job correctly nor does she treat customers with respect or live by the "customers always right" memo. I had rented a room with my sister and had asked the man who rented to us to have both of our I.D.s on file because I knew I would have a hard time with any needs I had after the fact but this lady took it far bring l beyond difficult.

The keys keep unregistering so I had to go to the office multiple times in order to get them reprogrammed and the 6th or 7th day which I had been on paying for alone I had this problem with the keys once again and went down to the office like I had time and time again prior but this day I had seen a lady there whom I had not dealt with before. She asked for the last 4 numbers on the card that I had used so I went back to the room, grabbed the card and went back to the office. She wouldn't go by that due to me showing her the card instead of just telling her the numbers and this card did not have a name on it so she tried telling me I couldn't go by that and had to call my sister to confirm which I did.

Then she tried saying now my sister had to come down here instead of just calling but my sister called anyways and before my sister was even able to be done talking to get the lady hung up on her. She had the worst customer service skills and besides this every room we had rented prior and even this current room had been dirty. With stuff/garbage left under the bed every single time. Worst experience if starting at a hotel ever.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Terrible customer service. Terrible rooms. Terrible smell throughout place. The room wasn't the room I selected. Late check in. No one ever answers phone. The general manager went from talking like a man to girl to me.

Original review: June 7, 2021

Dust was caked up on the bathroom fan. Toilet seat was broken. Message light flashed and couldn't be shut off. Tissue dispenser was empty. Curtain didn't close. No hot water. It was Memorial day weekend, so instead of being $90, it was $265. I asked the specific hotel for $175 to bring it down to the regular price (even though it wasn't worth that). They declined. I emailed with corporate. They said there was nothing they could do. Really? I wish I could post the pictures. It was gross. I would say which specific hotel it was, but since corporate declined any help, it's a chain-wide thing.

Original review: May 1, 2021

We smell ** coming through the walls from the room next to us and outside when we drove up. The mattress has holes in it with the spring wires coming out of the hole. The bedspread has burn holes in it. I asked for another bedspread and housekeeping said they didn’t have any. I had to go to the laundry room to get a bath mat and washcloths. I received a bath mat and one washcloth. The guy said one of the washing machines was broken. There is no phone in the room. I tried to call the hotel before l booked it but no one answered the phone. I’m guessing that they do not have one, because when we checked in at the front desk, the phone never rang. We don’t feel safe here. Probably will not get any sleep. We will never stay here again. We booked it through Snaptravel.

Original review: April 12, 2021

The price is very interesting and the maintenance great. Every time we get in we’re enjoying. Breakfast are great and the team too. They’re very accessible, clean and comfortable. I would recommend them.

Original review: April 10, 2021

The Works staff here are very pleasant, courteous and will adhere to any requests that's within their means. I also love the fact that it's right down the street, 7 minutes away, from my job. If you're looking for a place where you and your canine and rest overnight you should definitely visit this Red Roof Inn Georgia... Red Roof Six Flags.

Original review: April 8, 2021

The Red Roof Inn was a great experience and the best place I've ever say that in Hickory North Carolina. The staff were amazing and friendly. The rooms are very clean. No bed bugs. Or any other bugs. I recommend this motel to anyone who wants to stay or visit hickory.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

Dirty room, the whole place is falling apart, dead mouse included free of charge. Hard to get any kind of help from staff, front desk doesn't speak English well, in general not a pleasant place to stay a night.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn for 3 nights Friday, Saturday and Sunday. That just passed. Not happy. First the bottom of door was broken so I put a towel down making sure no bugs etc. came in after killing a bee. Then I had to be up at 6am for work Monday. 11 something pm there’s SO much commotion Upstairs. After 20 minutes I open my Door and all I smell is weed and group of young kids playing music partying. I called the desk numerous times no answer.

I then sent a Facebook message and it was checked and no response. Then finally get somewhere and file with BBB and management tried to say the employee didn’t answer the phone because they were out dealing with the problem lol yet I didn’t see an employee or hear one and this went on for a while so it’s a lie. I would have been happy with a refund but they just lie and trying to justify things that’s there’s no justifying. Not to mention the comforter is gross and has holes. I also have a video of the noise etc.

Original review: July 18, 2020

Red Roof have really stepped up in the game. They have updated most of their properties and really have cleaned up. The decor and comfort is also there. The prices are very affordable as well. I have been staying with Red Roof for past 10 years, and will be using them again. Sign up for their rewards and that will earn you free night of stay.

Original review: July 14, 2020

The 2 staff people I spoke to in DOVER, DE Red Roof Inn were not only rude, arrogant and just plain inconsiderate, they both need classes on working with people. I did an online reservation for a friend. I was using my debit card to pay for the room. When entering the guest info I put the friends name as the guest. The site said the guest name had been updated. I had made the reservation around 6pm. By 8:30pm a woman from Red Roof in Dover had called me asking if I was still planning on staying. I explained that the reservation was supposed to be in my friends name not mine and that yes they were still coming, she was abrupt and rude during this conversation. In order to save myself from having to speak with them again I immediately went back to verify the guest name. Sure enough she was right and I once again changed the guest name to the correct person.

Once again the site showed the guest was updated. About 30 min later my friend called me and said she could not check in. I called the Red Roof in Dover and once again spoke to the same rude woman. I was still calm at the point and had not said anything to trigger her attitude. As soon as I explained I had changed it twice on the site she immediately told me she didn't need my attitude, WHAT?? She proceeded to tell me she would not give the room to the friend, even though I had done the pay now- non refundable room I in face didn't pay for the room yet.

When I asked why she hung up on me. I waited a few min and called back, all this while my friend is still in their lobby waiting to check in. She once again answered the phone, when I gave my name and said I believe we got disconnected or she hung up on me, which was the actual case, she abruptly said, "I TOLD YOU TO HOLD!," which she didn't. Once again she had a terrible attitude and was rude. I asked what I needed to do to get the room taken care of, she never did give me an answer, she just continued to raise her voice.

When I asked if they wanted my business she said nothing and that was the end of the conversation. I then got up with Booking.com where I made the reservation and was told they would cancel the reservation. 2 hours later around 11:45 pm I got another call from Red Roof in Dover, this time it was a gentleman asking if I was still coming. I explained the rude woman, the situation and that the reservation had been canceled. Like the woman earlier his reply was "well on my screen it doesn't say that". He then said do you want the reservation or not. With attitudes like these I dont recommend staying here. I've stayed at many hotels and even though I didn't stay here and my friend didn't either this place doesn't deserve anyone's business. D

Original review: July 14, 2020

I stayed at Red Roof Inn Trevose PA 19053 for 2 months waiting to move into my new apt. And their service was great all around. Every 2 weeks I received a free day. Also one time I got sick and couldn't breathe. They came to my rescue stayed with me until called 911 and made sure I was taking care of GREAT PLACE TO STAY.

Original review: July 13, 2020

Red Roof Inn goes above and beyond their calling. The minute you walk in you are greeted by a smiling face. The person at who books your room will make you feel right at home and is ready to answer all your questions. Everyone you have contact with treats you and your 4 legged children with respect!! Yes, they are very Pet friendly! Each of my visits, the rooms were fresh smelling, clean, and comfortable. I am very critical of bathrooms, so I can tell you no worries in that category. Sanitary by all means.

When my girls and I have to take a break to walk outside, staff always ignore me and speak to them as if they are their paying clientele! Which is fine with me, now if the girls would just come up with the dough I'd really be happy!! No kidding, when traveling, I look for the Red Roof Inns since I know they welcome me and my pets and I can count on their place to feel like home.

Original review: July 6, 2020

My family and I were on our way back from a vacation, we were very tired and wanted to have some rest at Red Roof Inn/ Toledo-Holland. We rented three rooms there. All the room were very dirty, in my room the sink foist was broken, no fridge and microwave in the room the ice maker doesn’t work. There were no coffee in the morning and I we were trying to check out but there were no one at the front desk for more than 15 minutes, we were in a hurry so we left without checking out. I have been using Red Roof for more than 10 years, this one was horrible.

Original review: July 5, 2020

You get what you pay for, the pictures look nice. Price is reasonable but when I went around five times to find my room I wanted a shower and bed. What I got was not a shower. I get up leave out thinking I would get fresh towels. Wrong again. I don't mind so much of touching my but not leaving towels and soap I don't want at least have the decency to make your way to bring a person sheets and towels, and I want my money back.

Original review: July 3, 2020

From the moment you enter to check in to the moment you check out there is always someone there to help you out. Whether it is getting a key when you have forgotten to asking for a few extra towels you will find a smiling face behind the counter to assist you. The maids are more than happy to help make your stay peaceful.

Original review: May 2, 2020

I rented a room because I had an early flight to catch. Arrived between 10:30 and 11:00 pm. Came in to the room, slept, and departed for the airport around 4:30 am. The next day, I noticed a charge on my bank account for $250. I called and spoke with the owner. He told me the charge was for the television that I destroyed. I never touched the television. When I disputed the accusation, he said I was on camera. I asked "You have cameras in the room?" He mumbled something that I didn't understand and he hung up on me. I have never, ever had anything like this happen to me at any place I have ever stayed. Makes me wonder how often they do this kind of thing. I don't know if I will ever trust this entire chain again.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I was a guest at the RedRoof Inn at the Airport Rd Jacksonville FL Sunday April 19,2020 and was bitten up by Bedbugs. As if this experience wasn't traumatising enough the bites by Tuesday afternoon had become infected requiring medical attention. RedRoofs response was to offer me a $24 refund, that I didn't except. Do not stay here. The Board of Health needs to close this location immediately!

Original review: April 12, 2020

The owner here is extremely rude and disrespectful. She doesn't know how to treat customers and lets her emotions get the best of her. She yelled at me and embarrassed and humiliated me in front of a lobby of people and called me a liar and threatened to call the cops on me for having my girlfriend over to the hotel room past 8 pm because she wasn't listed as a person to occupy the room on the reservation. I asked what the resolution was and even offered to pay extra money to have the ability for her to stay the night with me and she refused to allow me to do so.

She is extremely unprofessional and should not be in the hospitality industry at all. I feel targeted like she had a personal vendetta against me and that I was discriminated against for whatever reason. I will never go back to a Red Roof Inn let alone this location in Georgetown, Indiana and will make sure everyone I talk to knows about the terrible person the owner is and horrendous experience here with this hotel. I have filed a complaint with corporate and they have stated there is no policy that says I cannot have guests in my room past a certain time. I would like a full refund for the services of a room that I paid for and wasn't able to fully utilize.

Original review: March 11, 2020

I choose this location because my family gave my mom a 80th BDay party, Red Roof which was next to the hall, I didn’t rent a car because the Red Roof was walking distance, the room was dirty, floor had dirt in every corner, Mat by the door was Filthy and Rings of dirt along the tub, the walls was filthy, the toilet was dirty along the side as if it has not been cleans for a while, The mirrors were dirty. There was dirt along the wall. I asked for a non-smoking room because I have allergies. It was terrible. It smelled as if guest have been smoking in that Particular room for some time, I did not receive a Professional courtesy call to let me be aware that time has changed. There was a loud knock at the door. I was thinking maybe the building was on fire, their stand this person not v friendly saying check out time is eleven, really. Wow. Not professional at all, I had to go down to the office to ask if my tub could be clean.

Finally someone show. She spray the tub with whatever was in her spray bottle. Run the water, asked me if I need anything else. No thanks. I was so disappointed, I will never stop in and spend a night at Florissant Missouri location on Dunn Road and 270. For a while, I wasn’t aware that the Red Roof is a Franchise business which makes it bad for the main company. There need to be someone to go in and show them how to clean rooms properly. I have been a housekeeping manager for years. I am now retired so you know I know the difference.

Original review: March 5, 2020

I have stayed at some truly decent RRIs in my travels, but the one located in West Knoxville was NOT one of them. I was in town for nearly a week for orientation classes to start a new travel assignment. I always make sure I check to ensure the hotel is 100% smoke-free due to my severe respiratory allergies to smoke. I arrived and within thirty minutes requested to be switched to a different room since the TV didn't work. Everything seemed okay until I started to smell cigarette smoke in my room. I knew I had seen a puffer at one of the side doors as one often does at many of the non-smoking hotels, but that certainly shouldn't have been coming into my room. The smell continued to intensify to the point I was ready to head to the ER for a breathing treatment and steroids. It was coming from my bathroom, which to the best of my knowledge had no access to the outside.

I called the desk clerk and she told me she would check it out and get back to me. Never heard back from her. I finally gave up, pulled the bathroom door to which contained much of it for the night. It was quite evident there were several people at the hotel smoking in their rooms because one could smell it up and down the indoor corridor.

The following morning I woke up having a lot of shortness of breath due to the smoke. I asked to be switched to another room since I couldn't tolerate the smoke. Everything was good in that room until I walked in from classes and found my room again layered in cigarette smoke. I again called the desk and explained my room, but mainly the bathroom, reeked of cigarette smoke. The desk clerk checked to see if anyone around me was smoking, and again moved me to a different room.

While the desk clerks have been accommodating, the multiple moves during a week span of time has been absolutely ridiculous since I travel with a pet and food items to keep from eating out so much. There is no elevator in the building, so the moves to opposite ends of the building and up and downstairs was very taxing with a very compromised respiratory status by this point.

The hotel is older with some renovations to the rooms that make it decent on the surface. The bigger problem I had was them allowing smoking in the rooms in what is supposed to be a 100% percent smoke-free hotel. They allow them to smoke on the balconies as well, which is quite the nuisance if you are someone who sensitive to the smoke.

I have stayed at other RRIs in my travels and have never experienced this sort of nonsense. It has completed jaded my views of staying at at of their hotels in the future. I am just hopeful I can get through this week and get home so I don't end up hospitalized on a breathing tube. To those of you disrespectful puffers out there, it is obvious you don't feel the rules apply to you. You want to stay in smoke-free rooms because you don't like the stench you leave with your cigarettes either. But, unfortunately your nasty habits do cause harm to those of us with respiratory issues. It's apparent you don't care anything about your own health, but please be a bit more mindful of your fellow man in public places.

Original review: March 3, 2020

We had a bowling tournament in Elyeria OH on the 28 and 29th of February 2020. The ladies at the desk were nice but we got to the room and the floor was dirty and sticky. The mini fridge had goop in the bottom of it. The towel rack was missing the bar and they put the towels on the back of the toilet. There was dirt and hair balls in the corner of the bathroom. Our bowling league from Lancaster stays in area often and we will not be doing it again. They lost a chunk of business.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

After reading the reviews from other hotel guests, Red Roof Inn needs to vastly improve customer service or they are going to lose their hotel business. What kind of business falsely accuses customers of something they didn't do? The customer is always right? Run!!!! Do not walk away from this hotel!!! Red Roof Inn in Gallup New Mexico charged us a smoking fee for staying in a room that already had an odor when we got there. They were very nice and gave us a room on the ground floor that we did not request and so we decided not to complain about the odor. We just wanted to get some sleep and a shower.

We have stayed in this hotel before and in the exact same room and never had a problem. We have always requested a non-smoking room because we DO NOT smoke and they accused us of smoking in the room!!!! Why would you request a non-smoking room to turn around and smoke in the room? But they only charged us 1/2 of the smoking fee! Imagine that. When I called to complain, Karen, the manager, said there was nothing that she could do because the head housekeeper said it smelled like smoke!!!! What a good way to collect an extra $100 from non-smoking people! We smell a scam!! Don't stay in room 128. It smells like smoke and they will accuse you of smoking!!! This is the last time we will ever stay in a Red Roof Inn. Mexico.

Update; Patrica **, The General manager of the Red Roof Inn has extended her apologies and assures us that corrective measures are being taken so this will not happen to any other travelers in the future! No refund has been issued nor has Karen, the manager of the Gallup Red Roof Inn apologized for falsely accusing us of something we did not do. Yes, the room had an odor and maybe it was smoke from the last people or the house cleaner. However, We DO NOT SMOKE.!

What measures can you take to ensure that your employees will not falsely accuse people of smoking when they request a non-smoking room? Are we supposed to feel grateful for only being charged 1/2 the penalty? We smell a scam! This is Not an acceptable resolution to our issue. They do not value us as customers or any of the other guests that had complained about services. We will be traveling next week and WILL NOT use Red Roof Inns for our rooms. They have lost our business and business from all of our family and friends. So sad you have lost a valued loyal customer.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn O'Hare Airport/Arlington Hts. 11/13/19 and departed on 11/15/19. Prior to going to the hotel, I spoke with Marzette over the phone. I was not familiar with the area, so he provided me with information to get a reasonable taxi to the hotel. Upon arriving at the hotel, he was very pleasant and very professional checking me in. When I was unable to get the heat to come on in my room, after several tries, he came to my room and solved the problem. The room I was in was a bit dated, but for the price I could not complain. The professional customer service I received from Marzette exceed my expectations and aided in making my stay enjoyable. Conf # **.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I was conned out of $600.00 by 2 clerks at RRI Huntsville, Texas while a guest there. On the date I was to be paid back for the loan I travelled to the motel and was told by TANYA PHILLIPS that she was not going to pay me back and to "GET OUT OF HER HOTEL". I have made a police report and called RRI corporate who told me "too bad, not our problem". I disagree. RRI refuses to take responsibility and still employs said clerks, even after I reported being robbed by TANYA ** and SHANNON **, clerks at motel.

Being terminally ill and a disabled senior citizen, recently widowed, and a Veteran of the USMC, I need to warn others to not stay at this motel as RRI continues to employ these people even after I reported the theft. I don't have the money or strength to fight this motel chain in court and I will die before I could anyway but if my story is recorded I may save another innocent disabled citizen from being robbed by these clerks as I was. Thank you for the forum.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2019

I don’t even want to give the one star! Traveling home after vacation I stopped at this location. They would accept my dog so I paid for my room. When I got to the room I walked through before bribing my belongings in. I found five roaches from the door to the bathroom. Went to the desk and told them that it was unacceptable. They offered me another room but declined. (If there are some, there are more.) Asked for a refund to my account. It took 3 days to get the charge credited back to my account. Had to contact my bank and file a claim. Call RR customer service and I was told that my bank needed to call and verify the information for the refund.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

After staying a night here from traveling 6 hours, I wake up and later that day discover tons of tiny bites all over my body and I was itchy! Found out they’re bed bug bites! This hotel doesn’t clean up and is utterly disgusting. Don’t go here unless it’s an emergency!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

I am so extremely disgusted. I have stayed in one other red roof previously and was very happy with it. But this. This one was a freaking nightmare. The rooms were just as much as the SUITE we had stayed in the night before and was so tiny and dirty. Hair left in the bathtub, etc. but the worst part, I had placed my phone in the drawer near the bed at night and woke up the next morning, went to grab it and found a drawer full of USED NEEDLES!!! So my fiancé went to the front desk where they hardly even apologized... I am absolutely disgusted and disappointed. No one came to clean them out, no one apologized. Very terrible.

Red Roof Inn Company Information