Ramada Plaza Resort
1.29/5

Looking for a travel site?

Ramada Plaza Resorts

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ramada Plaza Resort Reviews

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

I did a booking by paying all payment in advance to Ramada by Wyndham, Wayne, NJ 07470 on 1st Aug 2019. This booking was from 14th Aug to 18th Aug 19. This was cancelled by hotel mgmt as I arrived late on late on 15th Aug due to flight delay. This amount is not transferred back to my account in respective of follow-up. I did try to contact hotel management but it was not responded well and said cancellation refund made only for Expedia booking (surprise ☹). I am expecting money back on my cancellation of booking which was done on 1st Aug 19. I provided all evidence via email. Requesting you to check and revert amount to my credit card on ASAP.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2019

Bed bugs. I stayed two nights and first night not so many bites but by mid second night my ankles started itching so bad. I bought Anti itch spray. Nothing worked. They’re still driving me nuts. Hotel wouldn’t help. They claim it’s not something they have problem with but my ankles say differently so not only did my stay suck but they charged me extra 86.00$ after the booking agency.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: July 18, 2019

To whom it may concern. Room 303 at the Ramada Plaza located at 7389 Lundy's Lane, Niagara Falls, ON L2H 2w9. My stay was between the dates of June 30th departing July 5th 2019. Our vacation in Niagara was to be a celebration of my grandfather's passing on March 31st 2019 and his and my grandmother's would be 60th wedding anniversary on July 4th 2019. I took my grandmother (Madeleine **) on the trip her and my grandfather had planned on doing together prior to his unexpected fatal stroke. I arrived at the Hotel on June 30th with a sick child at approx. 1:30pm. I went to the front desk and asked if an early check in was possible. I had to leave the conversation to escort my 5 year old child to the bathroom for her to throw up.

I was aware that check in was not until 4pm and that this would be a courtesy. I was informed without any resentment to return to the desk between 3-3:30 pm. That the clerk would be given a list of rooms cleaned by the cleaning staff around this time. I informed the clerk that given my daughter's nausea I had nowhere else to go and would remain in the lobby at a booth/table. I requested that if he received the list earlier to please inform me. My grandmother and child remained there while I went to get ** nearby. Upon my return we sat waiting with easy access to the washroom.

At around 2:30 I saw a couple going upstairs with suitcases. I looked at the front desk and saw the same employee was present. About fifteen minutes later I saw a family with suitcases. I asked if they were new check ins and they said yes. Rooms were ready. I went to the desk and waited 3rd in line as people checked in ahead of me. I didn't comment to the employee but I'm sure my disappointment was obvious. We checked in sometime after 3. I was aggravated that my sick child had to wait longer than needed to be in greater comfort and privacy.

The following day July 1st we left for breakfast and left our do not disturb sign on the door. We returned to the room at approx. 10:30am, removed the do not disturb and left the hotel room by 11am. Cleaning staff was present on the floor when we left. We returned around 5pm and found our garbage, dirty towels and the mess of the room all there. With a check in time of 4pm I'm sure the 5 and a half hours between 10:30 am and 4:00 pm was sufficient time to clean our room. When I called the front desk and was politely informed our room was marked as having 'the do not disturb' sign I admitted we had the sign just till 10:30 am. I expressed that I felt the room should have been clean given the ample time but felt there was no need to escalate my complaints at that time. Clean towels were brought up for us in a timely manner.

The following day (July 1st) we returned at 3pm and our room was not cleaned. I met with the cleaning staff in the hall as she was putting her cleaning cart away and preparing to go downstairs with the laundry. I asked her if she was going to clean our room to which she replied “Do you want your room cleaned?”

I said “yes.” She replied, “Okay, I'll take your laundry first and come back up.” My grandmother and daughter both wanted to rest before the fireworks but we agreed unhappily and went down to the pool. I am certain she had no intention of ever cleaning our room and that if I had not asked our room would have been in the same state as the day before. She was after all putting her cleaning cart away in the storage beside our room and bringing down the laundry!

Between July 1st and July 3rd our 'do not disturb sign' ripped and I threw it into the garbage. I did not ask for a replacement. July 4th we left at approx. 9:30am. I returned once around noon for 5 minutes and the room was not cleaned and I did not see any cleaning staff on the floor. The whole family returned at approx. 5:00pm to again an uncleaned room. I promptly called the guest services to speak with a manager and was informed he would call me back soon. I waited 15 minutes and called again. Again I was told he would call me back soon and at the same time I requested that garbage/towel service be done so I could bath my child and my grandmother could shower.

At approx. 6:30 pm I called back down and asked to speak with the manager only to be informed he left at 5:00 pm! The clerk then recognized my voice and apologized. He told me the manager was in a meeting and that he hadn't passed on my message. He then asked for my number. I asked that the manager call my room first thing in the morning when he arrives since we are departing tomorrow and I will be driving. As I'm sure you have gathered I am extremely appalled by the staffs conduct and the poor service provided to us. 3 days that our room was uncleaned, waiting in the lobby unnecessarily for an early check in and waiting for a manager's call that never came. One of these incidents alone is fine but together they show a pattern of poor service and consideration for guests.

Added July 6th. I received no calls from anyone on July 5th. On the morning of July 6th I realized that my purple London Fog jacket and my pink child's jacket was left in the closet at the hotel. I am not surprised I didn't receive a phone call since I doubt the cleaning staff checks in the closet or if they did that I would receive a helpful call to inform me of the items. I've left a message after finding the hotel manager's number myself with no help from the front desk who've I've called countless times. ** 905-356-6116 ext **. Added July 8th. I requested three days refund and that our jackets be mailed. **: "I have the authorization to offer the complimentary stay. However, you can contact Wyndham Support at 1-800-402-9832…"

July 8th. I spent 40 minutes on the phone with the complaints department. I was informed to mail a prepaid envelope to have my jackets retrieved and that they would like to have ** resolve this matter on her own. ** would have until Friday July 12th and then at that point they would take over the matter. I received no contact from ** or Wyndham Support as of July 18th.

July 18th. Another 38 minute phone call. I've called Wyndham Support. After my phone call with Wyndham on July 8th there seems to be that they only emailed ** the report but no one personally spoke with her as I was informed would be done on July 8th. My report was emailed to her. I was just told by the customer representative at Wyndham that ** never knew that I had left a message with her front desk. I sent ** an email with all of my complaints. This means she never read my email and gave my complaint its due."

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Ramada Plaza Ft Lauderdale - Florida Welcome Center has inexperienced representatives working there that tell you wrong information on your cruise info. We changed and lost our return flight home and had to rebook our flights resulting in $155 in new flights. Ramada hotel itself very unfriendly customer service and front desk staff. Hotel smells like mold everywhere you go. Everything is outdated, service sucks in every aspect. Food is horrible, hospitals have better food. Waited 45 mins for towels by the pool and 1 hour and 20 mins for maintenance to clean up poop by edge of pool. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I recently booked a hotel a hotel stay at Ramada Plaza Resort. The room was absolutely disgusting. We checked in fairly late. The condition of the room was absolutely disgusting. Never have I stayed in a room where there were beetles in the tub which also had mildew and the toilet seats were cracked. In addition it appeared that the floors were stained with filth. The couch in the sitting area was torn with springs sticking up. The floor was sticky with a syrup like substance. The room should never have been booked! Upon complaint to the front desk the agent agreed with the condition of the room and stated I should speak to a manager. After several attempts the only person I speak to tells me I need to speak to corporate. I'm disgusted with the service and quality of the room.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ramada?

Original review: July 9, 2017

This was my anniversary gift to each other and the worst vacation in my life. I got a call that I got a vacation package for two nights in Fort Lauderdale and then a cruise and a wonderful stay in Bahamas. I paid 995 for this great deal that I couldn't past up which all inclusive was another part I felt you couldn't beat. First night at the Ramada welfare motel, beds were so bad the air work a little and the food was nasty. Nothing was told to me that I had to be at a 6 hour pure pressure meeting to buy timeshare.

Cruise was nice but I paid extra for a balcony and they only had windows. This cruise line was over 20 years old. First day at the Bahamas going to the Grand Lucayan looks like it was really nice, well looking at the line that was about three hours and the lobby had industrial fan all over one family leaving said they don't have air. I asked the staff what this was about. She stated they are working on the air it should be up in a few hours, that was at 10 in the morning. By ten we asked again and they stated to me it's back on and you should feel a difference in 15 minutes. 3 am we demanded to move to another resort.

The food was spoiled because sitting in the heat and so many people were leaving and getting sick some people were sleeping on the beach chairs outside. I paid for all inclusive with all the extras and a rental car was put in the cost when we got to the rental it cost me so much in taxes and extras I never paid that much in the past for a rental. So by the end of this vacation from hell we put out of pocket at least 800.00 for all the taxes, fees, tips fuel cost for the boat etc.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

We visited the Ramada Plaza resort in Fort Lauderdale at 5100 Service Road 7. This hotel no hot water in the morning, unfriendly and poor services at both the front desk and in the restaurant. Food is poor. Absolutely no flexibility in providing the included breakfast: You need to have the whole family ready for breakfast TOGETHER or you cannot use the breakfast coupons. Inexperienced and unfriendly front desk staff with unwilling to help customer attitude. It seems that the staff in the restaurant also share the same rude attitude when you ask for a glass of juice. WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL RESORT TO ANYONE. WILL NEVER USE RAMADA HOTEL CHAIN.

Original review: June 16, 2016

If I could give this outdated hotel and staff as well as in-house restaurant a zero star I would. Let's start with the only positive remarks. First the beds in room were like brand new and highly comfortable. And the one waiter - he was excellent, offered to go cups of drinks, was polite, very courteous, and very prompt. Now for the negatives. The hallway on second floor was very dark and moldy smelling all 4 days I was there. There was trash overflowing the trash can right in front of the elevator - looked like people were eating out of to go boxes and just threw them on the floor right as you stepped on the elevator. Up the hall from our door someone urinated on the floor making smell even worse (right across doorway to vending and ice machine). Soda machine sold out all 4 days. Only 4 channels on tv, the bathroom could use facelift and paint, one wall had a crack down it, a questionable hole in the ceiling above the one bed.

No noise reduction between rooms or from the hallway (loud tv from neighboring room, loud drunks in hallway - left from tiki poolside bar as well as other bars that closed later that night). Now for the restaurant - the first day was Chinese themed buffet. It took all I had to get two bites down of the egg roll, and the other food on buffet was edible at best (definitely could not get my fill) waitress didn't want to be at work and it showed in her attitude. Definitely not worth what I paid. Remaining 3 days were part of all inclusive package (service fees and taxes were charged) (not what I call all inclusive).

The next morning went down and had breakfast. I had fried potatoes with sausage gravy that was decent. We decided it was best to eat out for lunch. We thought it might been a fluke for the meal being so bad night before. Boy were we wrong. It was worse than the night before. However this was the great waiter (wish I could remember his name). The meals stayed the same remaining of the stay. I would never recommend this hotel to stay in if you planning on a extended stay. This place is only good enough if you just want a good night's sleep and have no other expectations. This hotel stay almost ruined my honeymoon. We felt nauseated from the food and the smell in the hallway on our floor. This hotel needs to be updated and enforce new policies to accommodate all patrons. The restaurant cooks need to be better trained before they get someone really sick.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

The Ramada Plaza has FAILED this family with FIVE children. Just installing security cameras for the FALSE SENSE of security it gives to their clients. Installing these LOW-END security cameras in the parking area and to make matter worst the camera lens are NOT maintained rendering these low-end cameras useless. Dirt and insects in front and around the camera make for even a poorer picture quality. Families ENTRUST their belongings to the hotel intact security systems, granted the hotels do not hold themself liable in case of loss, but should do more in the prevention and recovery. At least be able to give law enforcement the tools to do their work.

Original review: May 7, 2015

We had a horrible experience at this hotel. What's worse was the hotel staff didn't even seem, to us, to even care that the they were ruining our vacation. Some hotel employees were not only rude but they provided really bad service to the guests. For a room that rents for $120 a night, we got an old room with worn out dirty stained carpeting, chipped furniture and tile and areas of the dry wall ripped away. In addition, the room had a foul smell like mildew odor. On their hotel website they show pictures of the hotel inside and out. What they don't tell you is that those pictures must of been taken, right after their last renovation which might of been 10 to 20 years ago.

In addition, we were trapped in an old outdated elevator, for a considerable length of time, that they still use in the hotel. I'm sure we were not the only guests to have this experience because there was an "out of order" sign on the elevator the next morning. We stayed there two of the three nights, because we felt trapped that we already paid for the room for three nights and we were notified that the room was "non-refundable." The third night, I found another hotel, because I couldn't stay there any longer. On the check out bill the next morning, the hotel included in the room charges, tips of 15% for all staff personnel who they felt were entitled to receive a bonus, in addition to their hotel wages.

Ramada Plaza Resort Company Information