3.9/5 (573 ratings)

About Quality Inn

Quality Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

On 8/30/22, I attempted to book a one night hotel reservation at the Quality Inn & Suites in Mendota, IL using the Choice Hotels website. I selected Friday 9/23/22 as my check-in date. During the booking process, I was prompted to create a Choice Rewards. Upon creating my Choice Rewards account, I was brought back to the reservation booking screen. However, it appears the check-in date reverted to that day's date. In other words, I mistakenly booked a hotel room for 8/30 instead of 9/23. Not realizing the check-in date had changed, I was under the impression that my reservation was for 9/23.

About a week later, I saw an email asking me to review my stay. That's when I realized an error had occurred. On 9/8, I called Choice Hotel's customer service (1-800-300-8800 Ext.**) and explained the issue. I asked if the $165 that I was charged could be credited back, OR, if it could be applied to a new reservation with the correct check-in date.

The employee that I spoke with explained that since the reservation had been marked as a no-show, he could not personally do anything regarding the $165 charge. He did offer to book me a new reservation at the same hotel for the correct check-in date. After booking that new reservation, he gave me a case number (**) and told me to expect a phone call from the general manager of the Quality Inn & Suites Mendota. Apparently, only the hotel manager could authorize a refund for a no-show reservation. It wasn't the outcome I was hoping for, but it seemed like an understandable company protocol.

Almost two weeks passed before I gave up on hearing from the hotel's general manager. So, I called Choice Hotels customer service again on 9/20. This time, a different employee looked into my case. I was then informed that the original customer service employee that I spoke with had made a mistake. The case (#**) had not been made accessible to the hotel. Apparently this was a simple fix. I was again told to expect a phone call from the general manager regarding my situation. Two more days passed, and still no communication.

On 9/21, I called the hotel directly (815-538-3355). I explained the situation to a hotel employee. That employee advised me to speak directly with the general manager. This time I was able to get the general manager's name, Brenda Stallings. I was told that Brenda would call me once she was at the hotel. 9/22 came and went, no call from Brenda.

Finally, on 9/23, I called the hotel again and was connected with Brenda. I explained the entire situation; including my communications with Choice Hotels customer service. Brenda was less than helpful. She explained to me (and frankly, I don't understand it) that she is not able to process refunds without direct approval from the owner of the hotel.

I am SO over this. A simple mistake should not be this difficult to correct. Clearly, Choice Hotels, and/or their franchisees, care more about revenue (even if it's unfairly collected) than their customers. I will never stay at a Choice Hotels property again and encourage any of you reading this to do the same. Hilton, here I come...

Original review: Aug. 23, 2022

I honestly don’t know where to begin… I don’t think I’ve ever even paid over $100/night for a hotel and this was the most disgusting place I have ever stayed and it was $149!!! I would have left, but my friend I was staying with in Denver had dropped me off on her way back home because I just needed some sleep after her dogs keeping me up for 4 nights. I had an n95 mask on for the hour I waited in the lobby for my room because I was early, so I wasn’t even aware of the offensive smell until I got to my room. Luckily I had spray deodorant and covered the place, opened the window, and turned on the fan. Smells like smoke, dogs, and cleaner. Stains all over carpet, pilling on super thin sheets, clumpy old pillows, thin towels.

My view was of a thrashed parking lot. The pen was broken, sink was plugged with a sewage smell emanating from it, chair was ripped, there was a hair and contact on the wall, dust all over the loud and stinky HVAC unit, tile popping up on bathroom floor, goopy, red stuff smeared on privacy tag, fruit for breakfast was just shriveled apples, had to wait for “fresh” eggs, that were cold and there was nothing to scoop them out with, there wasn’t even water to drink, unless you wanted to buy a $3 bottle. The best part was stepping in the shower and nearly spraining my wrist stopping myself from banging my head when I stepped in the slimy and slippery shower. I have a cyst on my wrist, so it was extremely painful and hurt all night.

Any positive reviews HAD to be paid. The one positive thing was that all the staff were great. Unfortunately this hotel is absolute trash and can’t possible be worse than the $32.95 and up motel down the street. I came here because I hadn’t slept in 4 nights and I STILL couldn’t sleep through the noisy AC, horrid smell, and the pain in my wrist. In retrospect of course I should have walked to a nearby hotel, but I was just exhausted.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 24, 2022

This hotel is not worth the money or the risks involved in staying there. It is easily the worst experience I’ve had as a consumer in the hospitality industry, and I wish I could rate less than one star. My family and I were placed there a couple months ago after a house fire. The second floor, where our rooms were, was not air-conditioned, it was dark, and it smelled of mildew. The ice machine was out-of-order indefinitely. The rooms appeared and smelled as though they hadn’t been cleaned or updated in years. The tub had mold and soap scum, the carpet was sticky, the walls were very dirty, there was peeling paint and tiny holes in the ceiling, the headboards had handprints and residue on them, the furniture was coming apart, the AC was filthy, noisy, and didn’t work right, and the toilet seat had a cigarette burn. The bathroom ventilation was filthy, clogged, and non-functional.

The indoor pool was cloudy, the kiddie pool full of debris, the hot tub wasn’t hot, there was no ventilation so it was unbearably hot, the area was poorly lit, all of the sliding glass doors were terribly broken and non-functional, and the handicap-accessible pool chair was completely broken. Several children ended up with bloody toes after walking barefoot on the rough deck area. The laundry facility was alarmingly filthy and stifling hot. The vending machine had many overpriced and expired items. Worst of all, the owners made a fraudulent charge on our card about a month after our stay, without authorization, out of the blue and without attempting to contact us, leaving us with no idea why we had been charged about 650 dollars on top of the cost of our stay, AFTER being displaced due to a HOUSE FIRE!

After some research, making some inquiries, and reading every review I could find, it seems that this has happened many times before. Many former guests have complained that they also incurred sudden charges well after their stay, without authorization, and for substantial amounts of money. It seems that the majority of instances were attempts to collect for pre-existing damages, of which this hotel has plenty. This institution has also had a well-documented, chronic issue with bedbugs and other pests. One of the proprietors is also aggressive, argumentative, and flagrantly unprofessional when addressing (valid) concerns from guests. PLEASE be advised that this hotel is poorly maintained, potentially hazardous, well known for committing fraud, and not worth doing business with. I wish my family had never stepped foot in the building.

Original review: July 17, 2022

This is the worst hotel experience I've ever had in my entire life. I'm telling you. It was the night that my Down syndrome brother and sister got married on July 9th of 2022. I talked to somebody from corporate and all they offered me was points. I stayed at Quality Inn Suites many of times and this is the worst experience that I've ever had.

There were stains all over the carpet, all over the furniture, elevator was out of order and I had two Down syndrome disability kids with me and you put my room on the second floor, where the ceiling tiles were missing and it looked like an abandoned hotel, the hotel smelled like pee. Walking into 213, 209 was not too bad. I ended up giving my sister 209 because 213 was so disgusting.. For being a honeymoon suite and me paying almost $200 this was a horrible experience.

They had a waterfall in the lobby that look like it took all the pressure from the whirlpool in the hotel rooms. Took almost 2 hours to fill our tubs up then once the tubs were filled past the jets it shot my sister and my brother in the face then when you try to point the jets to the bottom of the pool they still came up and shot you in the face. The shower in 213 look like it needed some CLR because the scum builds up on the shower head and on the shower knob was disgusting. Bugs in the bedroom all over the AC/heater. The lampshade look like somebody was hungry and took a big bite out of it..

Let me tell you. I've been a housekeeper for many of years and I've been a manager of housekeeping for many of years. There is just no reason for this hotel to look like this especially for it to have the name Quality Inn on the top of it. I am very disappointed in this hotel and someone needs to take action asap... It is right next to the airport. This hotel needs to be at least a 4.0.

Original review: July 11, 2022

Quality Inn & Suites Tropicana Field St Petersburg, FL. Do not stay at this Hotel. They take $100 deposit and they make up things not to give your deposit back. This is fraudulent and absurd. When I checked out I asked for a receipt for my $100 release as promised upon check-in. A man at the front desk was clearly upset because I asked for the receipt. (That is because I had forgotten I stayed there before an year ago and they actually charged me instead of just authorizing and in order to have my money back I had to file a claim with Bank of America and it took over a month to resolve) The man, which I believe is the manager and told me rudely to wait as someone would check the room first. Then he gave me a receipt that shows they charged me $50 for "cleaning Fees"!!!!

I left the room perfect and there was nothing to justify this $50. Cleaning is included on the hotel price!!! They invented something to take the money from me. I debated and asked proof of what they were charging me for from the room and they refused. The person at the front desk was ignoring me and said, "I’m not giving your money back and that’s it." He kept repeating it. It was horrible. Treatment horrible This is absurd and fraudulent and unlawfully. I stay at many hotels both for work and leisure. I also worked for over 10 years in hotels. This is the worst ever. In guest service, accommodation, cleaning etc. But to randomly take $50 from me is beyond bad customer service and I am not accepting it.

Also, Breakfast (horrible as well) is until 9. I got there at 8:45 and they had already taken almost everything away and the lady seemed upset because me and another family arrived for breakfast at that time. There was no toilet paper in the room when I arrived and no hand towels and they refused to give me more than 1 and said they had no hand towels at all. DO NOT STAY.

Original review: July 10, 2022

Terrible hotel booked via “Priceline’s Mobile Deal” promotion. (Look for my review on “so 2.5 stars hotels now include roaches?”) I learned Quality Inn now offers, what I call, Guest Room roach greeters! So, glad I met the roaches before unloading my luggage from the tattered luggage cart that foreshadowed what was to come! Also noticed 2 cats in Quality Inn’s parking lot before unloading; mmm, Glad I didn’t stick around to see what they foreshadowed!

Original review: July 1, 2022

Quality Inn & Suites, 7220 GA Hwy. 21, Savannah North, 31407, checked Christmas Eve, Dec. 24, 2021, beginning a nightmare that I will never forget, the worst night I have ever had in a hotel in nearly 70 years of travel throughout the USA. There were ** hairs on my bed sheets. The room was not clean. Roaches. There was no hot water. My car damaged in the parking lot overnight, $2,000 in damage, no security cameras. The front desk person sleeps all night, does not answer calls for assistance. The management stated that the water is kept lukewarm to avoid hot water burns, if you can believe that. They made no apologies for the ** hairs on the bed sheets, the dirty room, not hot water, and offered no redress. Avoid this property at all costs.

Original review: May 19, 2022

I cannot in good conscience even give this hotel a star. I had to select 1 to write the review. Exposed electrical wiring by the vanity sink. No clear/ white light in the bathroom only an orange light. Mold in the corners of bathroom. Dirty bottom of tub. What looked to be dried blood on the vanity. Base board under vanity had a red substance also. Carpet looked like it wasn’t swept in a month. Nasty odor. The cable wouldn’t work. Front desk person did try to make it work. Stains on the chair, lampshade, bedspread. The window curtain was not completely hung up. Stayed April 22nd. Promised a refund. Today is May 18 and when I called the 3rd time to see why I haven’t received it they hung up on me. I wanted to sleep in the car but my husband was opposed. Luckily I had 2 blankets from home in the car. I can provide pictures for evidence to support my claims.

Original review: April 19, 2022

This property issues: room 210, mold in bathroom on ceiling, exposed pipe in bathroom, thread thin towels, no kleenex, light in hallway kept room daylight bright with little help from darkening curtain, bedspread had big cigarette burn hole. At 10:10 pm, manager and desk clerk pounded on room 212 until they answered and then screamed at them about getting out by 10 the next day. Hallway had buckets set up for drips. Broken tile in entry way. All drinks were out of order on breakfast bar, frozen orange juice in fridge. Very run down property, would not recommend to anyone. Very disappointed in Quality Inn brand.

Original review: April 3, 2022

Fast, easy check in. Very clean and the STAFF are truly exceptional. Hotel manager Moe and night clerk Zack were so accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. Will definitely stay here next year for racing. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Quality Inn Company Information