1.35/5

355 Quality Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

The building was very nice. However any hotel that requires you to be over 21 is dumb. You graduate high school when you are 18. You are usually a college freshman while you’re 18. A sophomore when you are 19 and usually a junior when you are 20-21. Hell some people get married right out of high school. You are legally an adult when you are 18. If hotels' requirements are to be 21 then if you travel on vacation before school or have a family and go travel you’d basically have to sleep in your car because you wouldn’t be old enough to rent a room. That is dumb. If you are old enough to serve your country, buy nicotine, gamble, you are old enough to rent a dang room at a hotel. If they say “well it’s because we have a open bar” ummm last time I checked bartenders and cashiers are supposed to ID you if you look under 25. Some are required to check when you look under 40. That’s a lame excuse.

A hotel's lack to follow federal guidelines is not a reason to refuse service to someone because they are not 18. 18 is considered the legal age of an adult. NOT 21. Therefore Quality Inn, Holiday inn, and any other hotel that requires you to be 21 is bogus. I know several people who are married and only 19 or 20. Quality Inn needs to allow 18 year olds or older to be able to rent a room. If they need to have a list at the bar of customers who are underage renting a room or have their bartenders ID people then that’s what they need to do.

Therefore I will not be staying at a Quality Inn or Holiday Inn unless someone else decides to book a room there and I am along for the ride. To me not allowing 18 year olds to rent a room is them being intolerant of young adults or young families. People may not share the same opinion as me but all I know is when I travel I’m not sleeping in my car. I’m staying at a hotel. So whichever hotel decides to not deny me a room is the hotel I will stay at. But not a Quality Inn or Holiday Inn.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

BED BUG WARNING & ATROCIOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE. On July 13, 2019, our party of five checked in and spent one night in room #** at the Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15. On July 14, Bug bites began appearing on our party after returning home that evening. On July 15th, a bed bug was found in one of the bags that had been stored in the hotel room. Upon finding the bug, our party notified the hotel manager, Geneva, of the situation via phone and email and also various customer service email addresses for Choice Hotels. In our email, we requested that the room be inspected/treated by a licensed pest control vendor, and for a copy of that inspection report.

To date, this email has gone unanswered, and all of the Choice Hotels contact emails provided were found to be defunct, and would not accepting any incoming emails. On July 16, the bug that was found in one of the bags was positively identified as a bed bug by San Diego County Department of Vector Control personnel. On July 19, we again reached out to both hotel management and choice Hotels to receive the previously requested documentation, as well as the contact information someone to further the discussion regarding compensation for the negligent accommodations provided. To date, this email has gone unanswered. On July 20, after still receiving zero follow-up communication from hotel management and Choice Hotels, our party again called Choice Hotels customer service. On July 25th, we got an email reiterating that we must contact the hotel directly and they cannot provide any contact details.

Over the last 3 weeks plus, we have been in contact with the Quality Inn hotel manager, Geneva, a myriad of Choice Hotels customer service representatives and supervisors, and finally, the overseeing manager of guest relations at Choice Hotels. It has been communicated that property manager information is confidential and so they cannot release the contact information of the property manager for Quality Inn in Fallbrook I-15. We have also been informed that the property manager is the sole person who can help us seek compensation for the damages due to our stay on July 13th, 2019.

We have spoken to Geneva, the hotel manager, multiple times about the case, and we have received contradictory reports about the hotel inspection. The Department of Health came to inspect the room on July 18th, 2019, five days after we stayed, and cleared the room. Initially, Geneva claimed the hotel had not been cleaned or inspected between our stay and the Department of Health's inspection. Then, she claimed the hotel had been cleaned between our stay and the inspection by the Department of Health. After continuing the conversation, she contradicted herself first saying it was hotel cleaning and then that she had to bring an outside company in to clean the hotel. We asked for the documentation of the outside cleaning service that she said was executed by the hotel and she said she would not release that information.

Choice Hotels and the Geneva from the Quality Inn, have refused to give us a name and title of anyone from corporate, any regional managers, or the property management company of Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15. They have given us the phone number for corporate but you need an extension or the name of someone who works there to get through the automated system. Both Choice Hotels and the Quality Inn refuse to provide either due to confidentiality. Again, they insist the only employee that can assist us in resolving this case is the regional manager of the Quality Inn which neither Choice Hotels or the Quality Inn are authorized to give us. We were told to contact the Fallbrook Chamber of Commerce to attain the information, however the Quality Inn in Fallbrook, is not part of the Chamber of Commerce.

On our initial phone call on 7/15/19, Choice Hotels customer service informed our party that we would be refunded $214.92 for our stay, however, at this point, we have not received any official form of confirmation via email or phone that this refund has actually administered. As there were five guests that stayed in the room, the total refund for each comes out to $42.98 per person. However, this amount does not even begin to come close to covering that monetary damages that have been incurred due to our stay with the Quality Inn Fallbrook I-15. This amount comes out to upwards of $1,500, which includes the cost of washing and drying every piece of clothing, linen, and any other cloth item that we own, the chemical treatment of one of our apartments, and loss of income due to the need to address the issue immediately.

As we never received any real assistance from the Quality Inn or Choice Hotels, we felt that it was important to share the details of the gross negligence and complete lack of professionalism that we encountered throughout our interactions, and hopefully you will find this information helpful when making plans to stay in the area. We would highly encourage you to consider any other alternative when staying in the area.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Somebody put the telephone in the safe and the room was disgusting and the pillows and beds smelled like urine. The coffee wanted to make me vomit. The free breakfast was so gross that I would rather starve than eat that disgusting cheap food. The workers were complete bums and did not know what they were doing. The lady at the front desk would just sit on the 2nd floor and hide so she did not have to work. It took my family 30 minutes to find her. Service like that grosses me out and I would of rather slept in my car. This was the Quality Inn Huron Ohio. Avoid this place at all cost. You will be disgusted by the food and coffee and room quality. This is not the Quality Inn. This is the Bed Bug Inn or the Junkyard Inn.

Original review: July 16, 2019

Extremely frustrated by this "Quality" Inn in San Antonio. Location is E Houston St, San Antonio TX near I-10, AT&T Center. My son was booked for 1 night here to attend a concert at the AT&T Center. Upon arrival he paid $92 on his credit card. Went to the room and the window AC wasn't cold. They switched him to another room, but the same thing...no cold ac or working fridge. I've tried to call the front desk, but Pria on the phone only kept repeating that he couldn't get a refund. It was less than 24 hr cancellation notice. Seriously? How would we know that the AC didn't work in advance? I asked to speak to a manager and she hung up the phone. Instead of simply refunding his money so he could find a new hotel, they argue and refuse to give good customer service.

What was supposed to be a fun day in San Antonio has been tarnished by this experience. I understand policies, but I also think that in paying for a hotel room you are expecting to not have a room that isn't cool in the 98 degree Texas summer heat. Booking.com is lodging a complaint against them. I would never book a room at this Quality Inn in the future. Not worth the frustration and headaches. ZERO stars. Also, Booking.com called their front desk to inquire about the complaint. Pria told Booking.com that my son said that the room was cooling off, and they intended to remain in the room for the night. That was completely made up by her! My son never said such a thing, because that wasn't true. He had to stay in the room, because they wouldn't issue a refund.

Original review: July 13, 2019

Check in took about 30 min but the front desk clerk was friendly. We went to our room on the 3rd floor. It looked run down, old fashioned, and the bed box that the mattress was on was on its last leg. I was going to make the best of a bad situation until I seen period blood on the chair seat and arm. I went downstairs to complain and was put in a "better room" on the 4th floor that had a terrible stitch. "What is that smell" I repeated over and over again. Opened the armoire and it was 2 long, dusty, crusty, stinky black socks inside. I picked them up with a bag and headed to the front desk. Now I'm noticing everything, the carpet was dirty, people walking around with no shoes, the halls stank, and I have no doubt that people pee in the pool here. Ijs. I got my money back and went to the Hilton.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?

Original review: July 9, 2019

Checked into the Quality Inn at Ocean Shores WA on July 6th 2019. We were absolutely disgusted by the condition of the hotel. As a franchise owner I understand the importance of basic hygiene but frankly there was little to be had here. I write this email out of frustration as an initial email was returned with an automated response while my first call was hung up on before I managed to talk and the second was offered with 2000 points which was not why I called. We decided on a quick post 4 July drive to Ocean Shores for horse riding and scooters on the beach. All went well except for Quality Inn Ocean Shores. Here's what we experienced.

1. Only two tea towel sized towels in our room.
2. Bath took 15 minutes to drain.
3. Mold throughout the bathroom.
4. Heated pool was cold. Hot tub was lukewarm so we stayed less than 5 minutes. Others entered in and left the pool faster than we did.
5. Mini golf course was partially torn up and parts rolled up or the greens not stuck down.
6. Picnic tables in the same area were almost completely stripped of paint.
7. Just to the left of the entrance of the hotel were bins, paint pails, etc. drying in addition to gloves and socks left between the pool and the mini golf along the path visible to all to see.
8. Waited 30 minutes in the breakfast line.
9. Pool clock was stuck on 11.50. Hard to know when the pool closes when a simple battery change could solve that.

10. No air conditioning.

Hoping someone cares enough about the Choice Hotels experience to make this right.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I booked a room at Quality Suites for the Whirlpool king suite. The Whirlpool was DIRTY!! Hair and dirt in the tub. I reached out to the front desk for a maid or even cleaning supplies to clean it myself. They didn't help there. I spent over an hour trying to clean it with towels and a small bottle of disinfectant spray. After that, the tub was leaking bad. If I would of slipped, it would of been trouble. I informed the front desk and Scott the manager told me "Nobody twisted your arm to give us your money," after asking for a refund. I wasn't even in the room 2 hours. After dealing with that, I was thrown off the property for asking for the refund. I was also charged 4 times for that 1 night I didn't even stay there. This was the worst experience. Dealing with Choice Hotel customer service is terrible as well... Just a terrible company all around.

Original review: June 22, 2019

Where do I begin... Do not book a stay here. If I could leave -10 stars, I would. If you look at the pictures online, they are more than deceiving. We pull up, notice there’s a gentlemen’s club next door. Cool, no problem. Go to check in, staff seemed friendly. We proceeded to get instructions to where the room was located, asked for an elevator, and we were told there was none. We are traveling with someone who is disabled and cannot climb stairs, especially how many there were in this building (around 15-20). We get to the stairwell, it smells like piss, weed, and cigarette smoke. We get to the top, it’s muggy, stinks, and people are coming in and out of their hotel rooms and you can smell the stench of weed coming right after them. We get to our rooms down the hall, both of them look as though the doors have been busted through by raids, whether it be police or from other drug-related issues.

One of our doors wouldn’t lock, so our only option was to put furniture in front of the door so no one can come in. I’ll include pictures of that, don’t worry. The safe in the room is broken, so even if our room did get broken into, there is no way to protect valuables. The bathroom is disgusting. The shower looks dirty, floor is sticky, toilet still had ** splattered around the rim. Sheets on one bed were stained yellow. The carpet was wet. The floorboard sinks at a certain place like the floor is going to fall through, and the smoke detector is disconnected. **After being on the road for 2 weeks and driving for 12 hours today and arriving so late, we decided to stick it out as much as possible, and to leave early In the morning.**

Original review: June 18, 2019

We have stayed at this Quality Inn before and wanted to give them one more try to make things right. Mistake. The room was overpriced at $85. + 50. For our two dogs. The phone didn't work. There was no microwave or small fridge, the hair dryer didn't work. The bed clothes were ripped and the carpet was filthy. I guess because we travel with our dogs, we are 2nd class citizens. The first time we stayed there was water dripping on the floor under the sink and my husband went to the front desk and they said they knew. So they shut off the hot water but it leaked all night. We normally stay at La Quinta with our dogs, and have never had a bad room.

Original review: June 15, 2019

My husband booked a two night stay in the Fort Bragg, Fayetteville, NC Quality Inn hotel. We had a nonrefundable room for June 7th, 2019 and for June 14th, 2019. The first time we stayed here was on June 7th, 2019 on our way to Florida. The room was very run down, old and in desperate need of repair as well as a good cleaning. People were in the hallway all night knocking on the doors, slamming doors, yelling, talking loudly, and partying inside and outside of the building. We survived that regrettable mistake and I was hoping it was just a bad experience. My husband should have canceled the next stay and just took the loss of the non-refundable room. We stayed again at this hotel on June 14th.

Room 512 this room was a nightmare. The room just like the other was very run down, and extremely filthy. The room was not clean and had not been cleaned in a very long time. The towels were all stained with nasty yellow spots. The sheets were also severely stained with yellow and brown spots as well as blood. The sheets and bedding is falling apart and is ripped in several places. The curtain rod is falling down. The floor was filthy as well with sunflower seeds, dirty footprints, toenail clippings, bottle cap, plastic wrappers, and a jar of some kind of gel.

My son and I each slept in the filthy chairs that we covered with beach towels we had in the car. My husband used a blanket we had with us to put on top of the disgusting bed. We didn't shower with those sex stained towels and we didn't sleep. We left at 4:15 in the morning. There is absolutely no excuse or reason for a hotel to be in this kind of condition. To say I am appalled and shocked would be an understatement.

Quality Inn Company Information