2.7/5 (758 ratings)

About Quality Inn

Quality Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?

Original review: May 19, 2022

I cannot in good conscience even give this hotel a star. I had to select 1 to write the review. Exposed electrical wiring by the vanity sink. No clear/ white light in the bathroom only an orange light. Mold in the corners of bathroom. Dirty bottom of tub. What looked to be dried blood on the vanity. Base board under vanity had a red substance also. Carpet looked like it wasn’t swept in a month. Nasty odor. The cable wouldn’t work. Front desk person did try to make it work. Stains on the chair, lampshade, bedspread. The window curtain was not completely hung up. Stayed April 22nd. Promised a refund. Today is May 18 and when I called the 3rd time to see why I haven’t received it they hung up on me. I wanted to sleep in the car but my husband was opposed. Luckily I had 2 blankets from home in the car. I can provide pictures for evidence to support my claims.

Original review: April 19, 2022

This property issues: room 210, mold in bathroom on ceiling, exposed pipe in bathroom, thread thin towels, no kleenex, light in hallway kept room daylight bright with little help from darkening curtain, bedspread had big cigarette burn hole. At 10:10 pm, manager and desk clerk pounded on room 212 until they answered and then screamed at them about getting out by 10 the next day. Hallway had buckets set up for drips. Broken tile in entry way. All drinks were out of order on breakfast bar, frozen orange juice in fridge. Very run down property, would not recommend to anyone. Very disappointed in Quality Inn brand.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 3, 2022

Fast, easy check in. Very clean and the STAFF are truly exceptional. Hotel manager Moe and night clerk Zack were so accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. Will definitely stay here next year for racing. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Original review: March 29, 2022

We stayed in Broken Arrow, OK at a Quality Inn; the sink was clogged terribly, there were no wash cloths, holes in the ceiling and walls. The bedspread had a "cigarette" burn and stains on it. The tub was leaking/dripping non stop. The 2nd day there, the internet was VERY SLOW, the bath mat after being replaced was dirty and stained. The trash was not emptied the 2nd day. If you are going to own a Quality Inn and have your name posted on a wall. Have some pride and take care of it. The breakfast was ridiculous, there was not hot water for tea, there was no yogurt, but the fridge that was being used was full of butter, for the waffles. It was a very poor breakfast to serve. We will never stay in a "choice Hotel" again. At least not in Broken Arrow, OK. I have pictures to submit, would love to show whomever... Thanks for reading, Denise J

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

First let me say that because of this stupid pandemic my wife and we're evicted from the house we lived at for 10 years so we didn't stay at this hotel because we wanted to get away for a Lil while. I can honestly say that there is not one good thing to say about this hotel. Housekeeping comes and knocks on the door several times a day, even when you say "No thank you. We're good" they still come back a few more times. Then after you tell them that some lady knocks on the door claiming to be housekeeping and when you say, "We already told them we were good," she asks if we were staying or checking out (we didn't know how long we were gonna stay for so we booked the room through SnapTravel every few days) and we tell her that we were staying and then like a rude, sarcastic, ignorant person she is she asks us if we paid for it. Really?..

Does she really think that we are stupid and we booked the room and were going to try and see how long we could stay w/o paying? I mean c'mon..So we stayed there for a lil over a month and we had to switch rooms either 4 or 5 times. Once was because we saw a mouse running around in one room. One room smelled really bad. One room had water bubble running down the wall, and if it were to pop dirty water would get everywhere. One room had black mold in the bathroom. Which brings me to my next point. Every room we were in, there was hair in and all over the bathroom - stuck in the walls, in the drain, stuck to the shower curtain etc. It was disgusting. At least once a day we would have to go down and get our key cards reset cuz they stopped working.

They offer a washer and dryer to use and for like three weeks it was broken. Like I said we were evicted so all of our stuff is in a storage locker but towards the beginning of our stay I went and brought like 2 laundry bags and one suitcase full of dirty clothes back to the hotel so I could wash everything and before I left to bring everything I asked about the washer and dryer and nobody told me it was broke. So I wasted my time and money on an Uber bringing the clothes to the hotel for nothing. And all of the people who work here are so snotty and rude so I would think twice about staying at this hotel..

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

We reserved one night at the Quality Inn in Obetz Ohio. We had a family emergency and called and canceled at least 12 hours prior to check in. When I checked my points, we were not credited the points. When I called customer service (in a foreign country and you can not understand them) it took several calls and over 30 minutes wait before I was able to speak to someone. The customer service representative said they would have to call the hotel, when they did the manager was not there. The person that answered at the Obetz Ohio Quality Inn said they would give the message to the manager and that the manager would call me. This shenanigan went on for three different calls. Never received a call from the manager. Never had the points credited back.

Choice Hotels Customer Service said they could not do anything and that it was up to the franchise. Beware. Obetz Ohio Quality Inn Manager nor Choice Hotels care about me or anyone else. I have been a Diamond Member since 2007. Will absolutely no longer stay at ANY Choice Hotel in the future. For those reading other Choice Hotel Complaints you always see a response from them with a useless apology to contact them in private email with details. You never hear from those complaints because Choice Hotels chooses not to do anything. There are a host of other Hotels out there that treat their guests properly.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My husband and I travel a lot. I have a support dog with a letter. I bring my dog with me everywhere and I have never had an issue. My husband and I have stayed at pretty much every hotel chain including Comfort Inn, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Ramada Etc… We have never been charged a pet fee for my support animal for as long as I have had my pet. We must have stayed 30-50 times without a fee.

Today we checked into Choice Hotels Quality Inn near airport in Bangor, Maine today. I showed the manager my letter and she proceeded to charge me a pet fee. She said that my support dog is not a service dog so I have to pay. I told her that we have stayed at another Quality that is in the same town and only a few miles away and we have never been charged. The manager told me that it’s up to them as to whether they want to charge or not. My husband and I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for the same price we wound up paying for this dumpy outdated room.

I understand that perhaps there is a difference between a service dog and a support dog, but I cannot go anywhere without her. I have even flown on Delta and American with her and I was not charged. I think that it was showing poor customer service considering the same hotel chain -just up the road -does not charge yet this one does. The rules should be the same at all Quality Inns. In the future my husband and I will never stay at this hotel. We will also be sure to call ahead prior to booking to be sure that my support pet will not incur an additional fee.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021
    We stayed at the Quality Inn in Decatur, Alabama. We were given a smoking room instead of a disability room, with a king bed instead of two queens. And we had three people. The door had obviously been kicked in, and no longer closed properly, and could not be latched properly from the inside. The shower curtain rod was pulled out of the wall. When we checked out early and tried to explain why, the front desk manager called me a liar to my girlfriend. And then we were accused of stealing by the hotel manager. The smoking room was being continuously used as a smoking room, because all of our clothes were ruined. So please don’t stay at the Decatur, Alabama Quality Inn. It was a literal nightmare experience. We were pretty sure that Dexter does a better job cleaning up than whoever is running CSI in Decatur, Alabama. Because that room has definitely been visited more than once.
    Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Was staying there with my husband and ended up getting a job with the company that has yet to pay me my last paycheck, was forced to quit my job because I was lied to until I was banned and had items stolen out of our room.

Original review: July 25, 2021

The Mystic Quality Inn location was beyond the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and hopefully will ever stay at. I treated my mom to a 3 night stay in Mystic, CT for a nice getaway. We were placed in a room next to a person who lives in the hotel. 2 out of the 3 nights we stayed, we experienced pure fear as his visitors (non hotel guests) screamed, pounded the walls both instances at midnight. During the first instance, I called the front desk and was told “oh yeah we know him, he lives there and sometimes he and his friends do drugs and drink and they cause trouble.” I asked “why would your hotel allow this?” and received no real response. The second instance, which appeared to be a drug related argument, I had to involve the police after receiving no response from the front desk. I would have felt safer sleeping in my car. If you have any decency as a company, please look into this and make this location safe for future customers.

Quality Inn Company Information