1.32/5
Based on 50 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

313 Quality Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

Bed bugs. Absolutely disgusting. Very dirty and the staff is even worse then. They yelling and cursing at us. I have never been treated so horrible in my life. The “manager” or whatever she is pushed my husband. Absolutely a disaster. Couldn’t close the curtains. Had to clip them shut and we didn’t have a handset for our phone. Stains on the sheets and bed bugs everywhere. So so disgusting.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife and I made reservations in a Quality Inn at 4 South New Middletown Rd, Media, PA this past week. I do not plan to stay in any Comfort Inn again. This whole facility, while posting No Smoking signs, reeked from tobacco smoke. Luckily the desk clerk at the time we arrived was kind enough to show us 5 different rooms before we found one that smelled the least, and the only way to keep it from being overpowering was to keep the fan running on high the whole time we were in the room.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Quality Inn & Suites Woodland - Sacramento CA: This place was a nightmare. I reserved it months in advance. When I get there at 9:30 am and had to pay $25 fee to check in early or wait 'til 2:30 pm. Then because my debit card wasn't a credit card I had to put down a $100 deposit that the company doesn't release 3 to 5 days after you check out. Even though their websites say pet friendly they're not. I had a dog in my room for an hour that was super well behaved, wasn't left alone, I left the hotel room with dog and my party, when I got back to my hotel that evening I was locked out of my room.

When I went to the lady at the front desk she told me while I was gone she went in my room because they supposedly got a complaint about a dog whining and saw a bowl of water and a dog toy that got left in my room. Instead of her calmly saying pay a pet deposit or get rid of the dog or just try to talk to me about it, she harshly told me they were keeping my $100 deposit and the $264 I paid for 3 nights plus I had to put down an additional $250 or else I wasn't getting my stuff back that was still in the room. When I tried to explain why they saw that stuff the employee just kept cutting me off and yelling at me saying they don't allow pets and I didn't pay a pet deposit. I told her, "I don't have an extra $250 but I'll leave. Just let me get my stuff." She told me no, I wasn't getting anything back 'til I paid the $250.

She even tried to run my card without my authorization but my card wouldn't go through because I didn't have the money. I actually had to call the cops and have the cops force the employee to let me get my stuff. While as I was getting my things the employee was still yelling at me following me in the room like I was this major criminal that destroyed the place. No damages were done, no dog was left alone in the room but my make up scattered all over like someone went through it and some of it is missing and all my clean folded clothes were all unfolded and waded in a ball, while I was gone someone clearly went through my stuff. It was all very shady, I only stayed 1 night and I will definitely never go back, I have never been so humiliated in my life.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Here the review I posted on Yelp, then here is the e-mail I received from the GM. I stayed at Quality Inn in Mount Juliet Tn, Had a horrible experience. The room was 302 ended up with bed bugs, the fridge was nasty, the internet sucked. They comp my room, gave me another room that was being remodeled. Had no TV, bathroom was not cleaned, not happy at all, the management never come talked to me. Also I have pics of the room, bed and bug bites on my body not worth the 165 dollars at all Sherri Chanthavong. "We have blocked the room 302 since you checked out and call the Terminix company to inspect the room. He did it today, did not find any evidence of bed bugs. As soon as we get in writing we will charge the money that we have refunded to you and send the Terminix copy of evidence to choice."

Original review: May 15, 2018

We stayed at the Quality Inn Cedar Point in Huron, OH over the Mother’s Day weekend. The rooms itself was dingy and dark. The doors (to hallway and bathroom) didn’t close correctly, unless you really pushed hard. The heater and air conditioner unit did not work either. But by the time we had discovered these problems we had unloaded our car and the kids were tired, so didn’t want to ask for a room change. We went to pool and there were no towels, the floor was so slick outside the pool you had to shuffle in order to not slip, and my daughter did slip and hit her head. There was a dirty Shop Vac sitting out in pool area. The hallway carpet was dirty and the breakfast was less than appealing with watered down juice and cooking appliances that didn’t work.

When we got home we discovered the hotel had charged us an additional fee that was 4x what we had originally paid for the room. When calling the hotel they claimed they had found cat feces and cat litter in our room. We didn’t have a cat with us and don’t even own a cat. In fact, we were on a birding trip. We did have a baby, but didn’t even leave a dirty diaper in the room as we didn’t want the smell. We always do our best to clean up after ourselves and have taught our children to respect other's property. To have false claims leveled against us really hurts and not to mention the amount of money charged. Would not recommend this hotel at all, even if the fake charges are resolved in our favor. It was a cheap stay, and we really paid for it. Not to mention it ruined a great weekend.

As we have talked with the hotel multiple times they have been rude and very defensive. The manager changes accents and says there is nothing we can do to get our money back, so why even try. The morning staff while we were there were not friendly and not professionally dressed. We have stayed at several other Quality Inns with great service and cleanliness. We have also stayed at other Choice hotels with the same, but this experience has soured us from ever wanting to stay at another one of your hotels again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?

Original review: May 14, 2018

Quality Inn & Suites Chesterfield Village (MO165) - Booked two rooms for Friday May 11 and Saturday 12. Walking into the lobby of this hotel was a disappointment, very cold and impersonal. Jhongg was very slow and impersonal checking us in. Our rooms were on the second floor and there was no elevator, so we had to carry all of our things up to the second floor. The carpet on the stairs and down the hallways was dirty and smelled, we opened the door to our hot, stuffy bad smelling rooms. The carpet was dirty and smelled, the microwave was dirty inside and the fridge smelled so bad we couldn't use it. There were cob for a bit. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Webs in the corner behind a chair that smelled like urine.

Thank God we brought air fresher because when I told Jhongg at the front desk about the rotten smell in the fridge his response was simply he had no more and not to open the fridge door! We wanted to check out then but couldn't. I booked through Priceline and would have to pay for the first night whether we stayed or left so we sprayed our air freshener, opened the window and ran the fan. I felt fortunate to get the second night canceled without having to pay for them. Worst hotel experience ever.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We booked our wedding with Quality Inn and Suites in Belmont, WI in early March 2017. Signed a contract and everything to have whole wedding and reception at this establishment. The owners of this hotel have been good to work with and accommodating as much as can be expected after corporate office put them in a bad predicament. We were booked to have our wedding in August 2018 and put down a deposit to hold that date. When my fiancée went up to the hotel in early January 2018, to talk to the owners about decorations and put more money down on the payment, she was informed that us and another couple would have to move our dates and maybe even our wedding because the corporate office had booked those weekends in August to install new air conditioning units.

We received no letter or emails informing us of this switch and are wondering when we would have been informed if she hadn't gone up there in January. The owners of the hotel said they called corporate and tried to convince them to move the installs to July since had nothing booked but that was to prevail. So there we were having to figure a new date, let alone a new venue if couldn't get date that worked. We had put money down for our caterer, photographer and the DJ. We stood to lose those deposits if couldn't get to work out with them also.

When contacted corporate with 3 (three) handwritten letters, received nothing in return. When sent countless emails, got their basic "we care about your input and will be contacting you in the near future" email. My first thing when wrote was wanted an explanation of how they didn't apologize or contact us of the change. Second question was how can corporate break a contract and have no repercussions. If we were to break contract, we would have been out our deposit. I am very pissed and hope that others see how this place operates. They don't care about us little people, as can see. I will never stay in another one of their establishments after this fiasco. And I'm sure other couple who had move their date would agree.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Quality Inn 117 Cedar Lane, Knoxville Tennessee - I prepaid for this room thru SnapTravel but had to pay for it again. The room was dirty, had dirty towels in back of the door. I went to tell front desk & they were smoking ** in lobby & gave me pool towels. When I checked out I was given a receipt only to have it ripped out of my hand & told it was policy to not give receipts so BEWARE, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

When I got to the front desk at 2075 East Tipton Street. Seymour, Indiana the girl at the front desk was holding her baby in her arms. With 2 other kids running around in the back area. Completely unprofessional way to a guest. When I got my 2 keys to my door I couldn’t get in my door for over 10 minutes until a guy with the master keys let me into my room. That was very inconvenient driving 4 hours to get there and wanting to go to bed.

So I couldn’t leave my room and go anywhere cause I would’ve been locked out. When I crapped in the toilet it wouldn’t flush. The stream wasn’t strong enough. They said there was WIFI it didn’t work on my phone. The room was crappy. I will never stay there again. I have stayed in one of these before and never had this experience. It was the worst experience ever at any hotel ever. PLEASE NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. YOU WILL BE DISSATISFIED 10000%. I’m a very upset x-Customer. I want a refund!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

The rooms at Kill Devil Hills, NC were small but the more expensive one we had included an ocean view, which was nice. But the place was too busy and noisy. We had a do not disturb sign on door, but cleaning came in anyway. The breakfast was good, but just OK. The parking was limited and on a busy holiday weekend very challenging to locate a parking spot.

Original review: March 27, 2018

After having never seen a bed bug in my life had thousands in damages from them. So I now check all hotels. First hotel I stayed in was Quality Hotel in Scottsburg Indiana. 11 pm in first 5 minutes I pulled back the sheets and found several baby bedbugs scattering. Also a larger stink bug. I stopped my son from unpacking and went back to front desk. They made me wait. Now it's almost 11:30 pm. Finally I blurted out, "Here's your keys. I am not staying. You have bedbugs!" She replied, "Well I will have to check." I told her they have already wasted my valuable time and risked our health. I still have to find another hotel and it's almost midnight now. I left. Bam. First thing in morning I get an alert from my bank. They charged me for the room. I called them right way, demanded to speak to a manager and they told me he stepped out!

I demanded he call me. They said he will. DID NOT! I tried again. Nobody answered (that has happened multiple times in the last two weeks). Called corporate Choice Hotels and they tried to reach him and NO GO! No callback, no help and fraud was committed! I have tried again just now to call corporate and when I started to explain they hung up. I have been going to Choice Hotels for over 25 years. That is how I got the bugs in the first place. I now will NOT ever go back! I don't care if I have to pay double. I will never subject my family and investments to such a disgusting business that removes negative reviews. YES they did! Go look at their site. I posted twice this same story.

I will not stop until I get my money back and warn everyone and force them to correct this disgusting situation and fraud! By the time I got my camera the bedbugs hid again. The stink bug was still there and I got a photo of it. Maybe a baby or two but tough to tell as the box spring cover is designed to camouflage any bugs with its dark pattern and same color as bed bugs! Now almost two weeks later I am furious! I can't get any help. Can't leave neg feedback. Corporate will NOT help! So I am hoping I can be heard here! To think I use to work for this chain and was so very proud. NOT anymore!

Original review: March 25, 2018

The Quality Inn in Petaluma, CA has clean rooms, everything worked, good wi-fi but forget about sleeping. People were nice but said we'd have a quiet room but such room did not exist even though we had a 2 room suite. Hotel was way too loud. Surrounded on 3 sides by freeway and no heavy windows or soundproofing to take care of the racket.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I am sitting here upset and sick to my stomach realizing that companies can get away with the things you’re doing to consumers. I decided I’m going to fight back with every breath in my body and let everyone know as many people as possible about my horrible experience over the weekend in Youngstown Ohio at the Quality Inn on Belmont. When I left the hotel I left an expensive sweater behind. I called the hotel within two hours to say that I left it. I informed the front desk that was left on the bed. I asked if housekeeping would send the sweater downstairs and I would have someone pick it up because I had already Ohio. I was informed they were too busy to do that. I told her I will call back. I did call back she was very agitated that I called again Layla and Sam were the two young ladies on the desk. After calling several times I saw was not going to get any satisfaction at that level.

I decided to call a corporate number and was assured that the general manager would call me within 72 hours. After 72 hours passed and no call from corporate I called again. At that point corporate told the hotel had to handle the matter. Long story short I’ve got nothing but the runaround for the last two days. Actually I think my sweater was stolen by either housekeeping or young ladies. I am a persistent person and will continue to try and follow this up. I’m going to call the police department in Youngstown to see if they can do anything to help me. I will post again if I get any results. Just a warning to the wise do not use Quality Inns. I was shocked after reading some of the other similar complaints about the total disregard the Quality Inn has for consumers.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We stayed at the Quality Inn in downtown Seattle Feb 28th-March 5th 2018 for the ECCC convention. Here is a list of things we put with while there. 1) Bathroom mirror was held up by leaning on towel rack (photo below). 2) Room was so dirty we used a pack of Clorox wipes to wipe everything down. 3) Top dresser drawer couldn’t hold any clothes because the bottom piece was separated and clothes weight would stop it from closing. 4) Entry security lock was broken and coming off (photos below). 5) Tub wouldn’t drain so we stood in dirty water while showering.

6) Fridge froze our food. 7) Sheets were so old they had material balls and were scratchy, when we asked to have the sheets changed the maid not only put sheets on crooked but broke the bed from the base and we had to have maintenance fix the bed (photo below). The front desk lady lied when she said the motel would plug in our floors ice machine. I will never stay at this Quality Inn again and I would never recommend this motel to anyone. The only thing good about this motel was the breakfast ladies and the shuttle drivers.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I stayed at the Quality Inn Flamingo in Atlantic City New Jersey on Pacific Ave, I left my Apple watch in the hotel room by mistake. I called them the next day to see if it was there because I couldn't find it in my bag, so I called the hotel and at first the manager said they didn't find it until I said I'm going to have the police track my watch. That's when the manager came back on the phone and said yes they found it, I said okay, he said he will hold it, so now I'm going back to visit this weekend coming and I called and spoke to the manager to let them know I'm coming. He tell me they donated my watch to charities because they hold items over a month, when I spoke to him he should have just said that but he didn't and he was very rude and he hung the phone up me repeatedly because I was trying to get his name and I'm filing a police report against this location, they are horrible and rude and thieves.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

5196 W Irlo Bronson, Kissimmee Fl, front desk decide to canceled my room because one of the cards on file decline. I have no room at 10:00 pm during President's weekend in Orlando. Booked through Hotel.com app and no help received. Front desk very disrespectful, I will never use this hotel again.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

Feel comfortable giving one star due to the fact that the front desk staff was very cordial, but the room was absolutely unacceptable for booking. I noticed that the wallpaper was peeling from the wall so I looked behind it and found the wall was covered in mold. The shower had mold as well. When I presented my concerns to the front desk she said she couldn’t move me because the hotel was “booked at 100%” tonight. This room should not have been available for rent when they booked this hotel at “100%”. There were holes in the wall from previous attempts at hanging mirrors or hotel wall art. The TV and fridge worked and there were no bed bugs (I checked multiple times), so I guess that’s deserving of a star. I will not return.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I booked a room through Expedia for Dec 23 2017 for after a concert for my daughter for Christmas. I had an unexpected issue come up which caused me to be unable to afford the cost. All hotels I have ever used allow free cancellation up to 24 hours before the scheduled stay. Not this one. I called as soon as I found out I would not be able to afford the stay and attempted to cancel the reservation. I did so in the 21st and was informed I would be billed anyway since I had to cancel three days in advance in order to get the advertised free cancellation. Mind you this information was nowhere in anything I read online until I had already submitted the reservation. It was sent to me in an email obscurely in the bottom of the email.

I now have to use money I don't have that will cause me serious financial difficulty because this company has no heart and no understanding nor do they care that their policy is causing a patron problems. I called and explained to the manager and was basically told he could only refund my money if he could sell the existing rooms and that he really could care less if it caused me a problem or that it would cause me financial problems. I will never stay with this company in any location nor will I ever recommend them in any location to friends or family. They are heartless and inflexible with their patrons and could give a crap that right here at Christmas they are causing me financial hardships or that my daughter will suffer for their money hungry, greedy attitudes. I won't even go into the attitude of the manager and the support staff while speaking to them on the phone!!!

I haven't even arrived and already they have created a bad experience for me and my daughter who knows that we will likely be without a utility because Quality Inn and suites can't bend at all regarding unexpected problems!!! Thanks so very much for a single mom for not giving a ** that I am on a budget and ruining my family Christmas!!! Never will I book with you again and never will I use Expedia again as they do not make sure that their clients are clear about their policies before customers finalize their reservations!!!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Fort Smith, AR - I had a complaint on the spot, but it did not seem to matter the manager at the time. Of course, it had been over a year, but I still remember it was one of the worst stays I had ever had.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

Quality Inn Santee SC - As they advertise all room were newly renovated. That was the only reason I chose this hotel. Dirty rooms, toilet and floor stain with urine. I called the front desk. Guy came in with spray bottle and a cloth and half clean it again.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

I went to the Quality Inn website to reserve airport parking. I was diverted to the Airport Parking Reservations website. I made my reservation. After I hit submit, I received a summary of the charges and saw a service fee of $5. This was a first - I've reserved parking online at the Quality Inn several times before and never paid a service fee. I immediately called the Quality Inn to request the fee be waived. The manager refused saying that he couldn't do anything about it because I made the reservation through Airport Parking Reservations. Shame on Airport Parking Reservations for not showing a summary of fees before reservation requests are submitted. Shame on the Quality Inn and Choice Hotels for sending their customers to an external website without notification and for working with a vendor that isn't upfront about all fees.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

I am a night shift worker at an area hospital & arranged the night before to check in at 7:00 am with a check out at 4:30-5:00 pm. At 11:00 am I was kicked out of hotel and told they don't do this ever. I explained I have in the past & have stayed with them before and they refused to let me stay or give me a refund. The manager was very unpleasant and uncaring. I would never have arranged to stay here and pay a full price when I could have stayed somewhere else with the same arrangement. I also was assured that morning when I checked that housekeeping would not be knocking on my door. Management said they were going to discipline the person who checked me in, but it wasn't their fault! It was all on the day manager.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We booked a room at the Quality Inn and Suites in Nacogdoches, Tx. through booking.com. We canceled our room within the timeframe for free cancellation. However, this hotel charged us for the room. When we called the hotel about the charged we were hung up on. Booking.com contacted them several times with the documentation that we did cancel within the timeframe of the free cancellation policy. The hotel still refused to give us a refund. I would not recommend booking with this hotel.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We were in West Chester for a wedding and stayed at this place as a recommended location. We discovered we had bedbugs. We captured one and took it to the front desk. Since then we have found out others staying at these premises also had bedbugs. They have denied any problem. We know people were bitten. Never ever stay at this place unless you want to be bitten and bring them home to further infest your house.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

We are coming for vacation to Sarasota, Florida and staying in hotel Quality Inn for several years. We like this hotel, especially front desk Keven who is super nice. Breakfast Host Mila ** is so sweet person, breakfast always delicious and fresh. We would like to come back here next time.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Hairdryer was smoking with something burning inside, bathtub doesn't drain, bathroom fan rusted and non-working, toilet lid doesn't fit on top. Walls have white caulking in designated spots. No cockroaches or bedbugs. Front desk clerk was nice, however, overtasked and on the phone with reservations while checking me in. Automatically charged me for a safe ($50 extra) when I did not require one; she fixed that. Checking in while her owner/manager just glanced at me. Quality is not here... and they are either paying someone under the table; or people just don't care! I definitely will not stay here again for $102.91.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

This was the worse experience I have ever had. They feel if they put a bath chair in the bathroom that makes it handicap accessible. Couldn’t move around in my chair and it was filthy horrible experience.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

This was hotel hell for handicapped person. Toilets so low you had to twist to get off the john. Shower was not conducive for a handicapped person. Had to maneuver to get out. Rooms were supposed to have king which this one only had a full size bed. You pay good money and what I got was pain. The staff is almost nonspeaking English. Staff also lies to the customer in front of witness this is. I also have pictures of what I have experienced in Comfort Inn. Will never stay at this place again.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

I live in Greensboro but take care of my family, so I need a break every year. I read all the reviews, and they weren't all good, so I prayed before I went. My stay was so good, and relaxing. I had a great breakfast, everyone went out of their way to make me feel wanted. I would highly recommend for people to stay there, I know I will every year.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I have been calling your hotel in Post Falls Idaho and no one answers. My stay was July 29 2017, I spoke with hotel manager Chanise Aug 1st. She said she would mail a refund check out by the Aug 5th. By Aug 9th I still had not received a check and called her, then I called again Aug 18th she said the address was wrong so we fixed that. Then I waited and again by the 22nd of Aug no check, when customer service called they hung up the phone on them saying that I needed to call so once again I called again Sept 1st, Sept 11th, Sept 18th, then again Sept 20th. Chanise said she would go to the post office and send it with a tracking number and call me with that number which she never did, I again called the hotel Sept 20th and no check.

I started calling the hotel Sept 28th. I called 35 times with no answer, I called one more time around 6 pm on Thursday Sept 28th and a man answered the phone which I left my name and phone number. I started calling again today Friday Sept 29th already 6 times with no answer from the hotel, this is 2 months of trying to get a refund and I feel like I am getting the runaround. Now my number has been blocked. Quality Inn Post Falls ID. This place is a complete joke. Stay away.

Quality Inn Company Information