1.09/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

328 Quality Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

December 3rd 2018 5:30 a.m. Woke up to boyfriend screaming what the **. Said something bit his left leg. Lift the covers and seen a huge bug bite on his left leg. Didn't know what to do so I throw my clothes on ran to the front desk. Only spoke to the night auditor. Wrote a note for the owner of management for them to contact me or fix this situation as soon as possible. Very terrifying.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2018

When we got to the hotel, about 8:00 PM, the lobby was almost dark and nobody was around. There was a phone and sign that said to call 200 for service. I called it three times and it just rang to another phone on a desk beside it. We looked around outside and there was no one in sight. I stepped to the door at back and called out, "Is anyone here?" A lady came in from the side of the road and fixed her a coffee. I asked, "Do you work here?" She said, "No. But somebody will be around in a little while." I got my cell phone and called the hotel number, the same phone beside me rang.

I called the 800 number, no one answered. After waiting about 30 minutes, a woman came in the outside door. She said she forgot to take the phone with her!!! She had our reservation and we got checked in. We asked about dinner. There was NOTHING WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE, except one Chinese place. We had to Uber out and in for everything. The breakfast was PATHETIC, the rolls were in a warmer hard as a rock and some thick gravy in a crock pot was so thick it could have been eaten with a fork and powdered eggs dried up.

I told her it was inedible, she brought 4 more frozen rolls and put in the warmer and poured a container in the gravy!!! Pitiful. The oranges and coffee were all we could deal with. I will never stay here again! It does NOT deserve the Quality name. You should do a blind check on it and see for yourself! The only redeeming factors were the nice pillows and the shuttle to DisneyWorld!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

Because of a college homecoming all other hotels were booked. Otherwise we would never have stayed. Problems: 1st room: #226 Bed was made to appear as if it was clean, however, when we pulled the covers back the sheets were obviously slept in. The smoke alarm was missing and wires were hanging out of the wall. It was a non-smoking room but the smell of cigarettes was extra strong. Requested a different room.

2nd room: Clean bed, smoke alarm, clean smell. However, according to the front desk, in order to turn on the TV it had to be unplugged and then plugged in again. Big problem. The plug was behind a large piece of furniture. Big problem #2 - the outlet was pulled out of the wall with no outlet cover. In plugging the TV in a I got a nice jolt from the shorting out of the outlet. Skipped the breakfast due to a positively dirty man in the seating area. Do not book here.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

I had a problem with the Quality Inn in Brattleboro, VT. I see they are already rated an F with the BBB. I want to report them for unscrupulous practices. In my case, they took a credit card and charged a different card even though we told them specifically not to charge the first card. They did anyway, causing me to have $84 in overdraft fees, and they won't refund the money. I want the money refunded because it was their fault. Plus, they don't care anyway. The guy hung up on me when I told him he was stalling and wasn't going to help me.

Also, I was going to rate 3 stars for a substandard room, but I rated a 1 star on TripAdvisor because of the above. The bathroom was dirty, the bathtub wasn't cleaned, and the sink and bathtub both had stoppers that didn't work. The curtain was falling apart and had white paint on it. Maybe other Quality Inns are better, but this one in Brattleboro, VT is awful. They don't know how to deal with the public and they are using unscrupulous business practices.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

My husband stayed here while visiting our children, who attend The University of Tennessee. Since we were coming on a ballgame weekend most of hotels were already booked. Unfortunately, we arrived late in the evening and were exhausted so we decided to just tough it out. Throughout our 9 hour visit we constantly saw bugs and then noticed a tremendous amount of mold, mildew and just overall filth. The room apparently hadn’t been vacuumed or dusted in a very long time. The floors and walls were covered with dirt. I reported the situation around 7am and we immediately checked out and canceled the rest of our reservation. The assistant manager did give us a discount of $20 and accepted our cancellation. I will NEVER stay in a Quality Inn again and I advise you to do the same.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

Checked in and was charged a high rate. I inquired why (we are a Choice member) and she stated because of an event in town, which I was not a part of. Room needs updating desperately. Also by one entry door on 2nd floor which whenever someone comes or goes slams and literally shook the headboard of our bed. Got 3 hours sleep. Hotel needs updating desperately. NOT happy with Choice hotels and probably will avoid all future travel with them. Also kids running up and down hallway at 1 am. Called front desk. They did do a tour to see what was going on. Still the door slams shut on 2nd floor entrance and about knocks you out of bed. This was at 1500 W Malone Ave in Gallup. We stayed 9/7/18 and checked out on 9/18. Very high charge for a lousy room and stay.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

When I checked in, they charged me already. I am an exchange student, so I just could pay by cash at that time. They gave me no receipt. When I checked out, they asked me to pay ONE MORE TIME. Then I just asked to check the camera, and they told me there was no camera there. (It was my bad that I was too angry to look around and find out if there is a camera or not. They have one, actually). They took my phone number and said that they would check again and call me.

This morning I came back (after about 1 month) in the morning, I met the woman that I checked out with. I asked to check the camera, and she asked me to come back in the afternoon to meet the manager because the camera is in his office. Then I came back to the meet "the manager" but he said he has no authority and I should talk to the woman that I just met in the morning. He also told me that the camera could record only 72 hours so no way to check. Everything messed up, and I still can not get my money back!

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Had made reservations for 1st floor 2 weeks after knee replacement. Was put on third floor. Elevator broke since day 1. Had to walk 250 feet to stairwell down to 1st floor then 250 feet to lobby. They had to make my key again three times and made it for the room across from me. Left large bags of trash by my room for three days stunk. Asked for towels. They said come get them. AC leaked. 1/2 of my carpet was wet. When I checked in tub was plugged, people running in the halls all night. They had no one to send to stop it. They offered a small 20% off the bill. I will never send anyone or go there again.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

We used Expedia to book a room for two on the 26th of July. The website had malfunctioned, which caused the booking to advance to August 5th instead. I immediately caught the error and contacted Expedia. The representative from Expedia was very helpful and stated the cancellation had been confirmed. Monday July 30th, the charge for the room had posted anyhow. Called Expedia yet again, and they confirmed on their end the cancellation. From Monday on it has been a nightmare trying to actually speak with the manager of the Everett Quality Inn. We have called corporate twice, only to be told it is at the manager's discretion or Expedia needs to issue a refund. This is outright theft, considering we paid for services not received. No mention of a future credit with hotel, no apology, no customer satisfaction. I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau and writing other reviews elsewhere.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

On August 2nd, 2018, I was looking for a good deal on hotels near The Ark Encounter in Kentucky. I found Quality Inn and Suites in Florence Kentucky and thought both the price and the distance from the attraction were perfect. I would be booking my reservations for a group through booking.com and noticed that prior to confirming my reservations there was a warning that not all hotel reservations made through the site were refundable. The message instructed the reader to verify with the individual hotel property their cancellations policy prior to booking, in order to verify cancellation costs. I called (859) 371-0081, and spoke with their front desk clerk, Adrian. I explained to him that I was booking for a group and would most likely have to cancel some days if I made a reservation through booking.com.

I told him I was currently online looking at the message that said not all reservations made through booking.com could be refunded. I needed to know what the policy of the hotel was before I booked my reservations since I would most likely need to cancel a few days on some of my rooms. He told me that the hotel policy was to fully refund all reservations made as long as the cancellations were made 24 hrs before date of arrival. I double checked with him that they would be fully refunded, and told him I just wanted to be sure before I clicked confirm on the website since this was a lot of money. He again assured me this was their policy and I would be fully refunded provided they were given a 24 hr advance notice. I hung up with Adrian and then clicked confirm for my reservation of four rooms for four nights each.

This totaled about $1,300. I was immediately greeted with a message that said 'lowest rate locked in. No cancellations can be made or full amount of reservation will be paid as cancellation fee." I thought to myself, "this can't be true. I just spoke with the hotel themselves like the site said to do." I looked again at booking.com's cancellation policy and it still said "not all cancellations are refundable. Please check with the individual hotel you are booking with to verify their cancellation policy." Again I dialed (859) 371-0081 and again spoke with Adrian. I told him that I had just spoken with him a few minutes earlier and he stated he remembered me. I told him what message I received after having clicked confirm on the site.

He said to give him a moment and he would look up my reservations. A few moments later he said "Unfortunately, it looks like you chose the pre-paid option for hotel reservation through booking.com and we cannot refund any money at all when you book that way." I told him that can't be true, since I just spoke with you a few minutes ago and you confirmed that ALL reservations, INCLUDING ones made through booking.com (because I clarified that prior to hanging up with him the first time.) could be refunded as long as a 24 hr advanced notice was given. He stated that he was sorry for the misunderstanding but that no one could refund these reservations unless the manager himself approved them.

I told him I would like to speak to the manager and he informed me that it would be impossible to speak to him unless I called back on Monday after 10 am. The manager's name was Willy. Adrian would not tell me his last name. He became slightly rude at this time, because I was asking what could be done since this mistake was made because I was given false information by an employee of the hotel, Adrian. He said no one would refund this, but again, I could try to speak to the Manager on Monday Aug, 6 if I would like to. I told him I would be doing that.

Keep in mind this all happened within minutes of calling him to verify the policy and within minutes of making the reservation. I then called and waiting approximately 30 mins on hold to speak to a representative of Booking.com only to be told that the reservation could only be changed by the hotel itself. They did call the hotel and were informed by the clerk that they could call back on Monday to speak to the manager about canceling this reservation and reimbursing me since it was obviously a mistake made on the side of the hotel. I also called the number for Quality Inn and Suites Corporate office (800)-300-8800. I was informed after waiting on hold again that Quality Inn and Suites had a policy that ALL reservations made could be canceled without any cancellation fees if they were canceled within 24 hrs of making the reservation.

This was still only a couple hours after I made the reservation. The representative told me that she would call the hotel for me and inform them of the policy and request they refund me immediately. She put me on hold for about 15 min while she called the hotel. The front desk clerk, Adrian, AGAIN told her that it was impossible to refund these reservations and that any attempts to cancel them would have to be made through the manager. I was told by the representative that the desk clerk was very rude to her, and that she would be starting a complaint against the hotel for me in regards to this issue. She gave me the case number and told me to call the following day to check on the status of my reservation cancellation.

The next day, August 3, I received an email from booking.com that said they had spoken with the general manager who would be willing to allow me to cancel my reservation if I would be willing to pay $80 per room to cancel. I called booking.com and spoke with Michaela who heard my story and agreed with me that it sounded like I had been tricked out of a lot of money. An error had been made by Adrian when he misinformed me that I could be fully refunded with any reservation, EVEN ones made through booking.com.

She asked if she could put me on hold while she called the hotel to speak to the manager, she agreed that it did not make sense for me to pay since there was an error made on the part of the hotel. She spoke with the hotel and then told me that the front desk clerk for that day had told her to call the hotel close to 3 pm and she would be able to speak with a manager. She informed me she would set a timer to call them back and discuss either discounting my rate to cancel or fully refunding due to the error made by the hotel clerk. She said if no one called me back in an hour to call back.

I waited and finally called back two hours later to speak to another representative from booking.com who said she was able to see that a timer had been started on my account and that she would try to contact the hotel for me since Michaela had not been able to. She was not able to speak to the manager when she called and was informed once again that the only deal they were willing to extend to me was to decrease the cancellation fee from $1,300 to $80 per room, which came to $320.

The representative informed me that I would need to take advantage of this discount today to be able to decrease my cost. I informed her that I still felt it was very unfair for booking.com and for Quality Inn to not take responsibility for the mistake made and fully refund my reservation. Since I was told no other deal would be made, I agreed to pay the $320 to cancel, and received an email from both Quality Inn and Booking.com stating I would be reimbursed the remaining $1000. It is now August 8, and I have still not been reimbursed by the company for the remaining $1000. I did call the manager to speak with him on August 6, and spoke with not Willy but his assistant manager Josh.

Josh was very polite and heard my entire story before he told me that Adrian had called him to tell him what was going on, and that's why he worked so hard to get me the refund for $320 cancellation fee that normally would not ever be offered. I asked him if there was a way to decrease the cancellation fee or remove it all together, because honestly, had Adrian first told me these reservations were indeed NOT refundable, I would not have made the reservation but would have reserved through the hotel, because their rates were comparable to the booking site and I still liked the location. I would have been willing to pay MORE if they could fix the mistake they'd made, and cancel the original reservations.

Basically I felt that I was paying $320 to a company because THEY made a mistake. THEIR employee did not know THEIR policy and HE mislead me to make a $1,300 costly mistake! Josh told me that unfortunately the best he could do was to cancel the reservations and include one night's cost per room to cancel. He said the computer system would not allow him to do it for free or he would have. I did not exactly understand that part, because for one, the rooms were charged to me at a rate of $65 per night, so at the VERY least it should have been reduced to the cost of $65 per night to cancel, but even then, I couldn't understand how both the Assistant Manager and General Manager could not override their own system to fix this mistake.

He did offer to let me re-reserve my rooms through his hotel at the same rate of $65 per night but I would not be reimbursed the $320 cancellation fee and it could not be applied to my new reservation either. I thanked him for listening, informed him that I still had not been reimbursed for the $1000 yet (and he stated he had already given approval and I should be receiving it soon.) and that I would speak to my family about what he said. I spoke to my family and they all agreed that we could not agree to stay at a place no matter how cheap the rate was that was comfortable with allowing their guests to pay large sums of money due to lack of education they have given their staff.

I own my own business, and if one of my employees make a mistake, I know it's up to the company owner to make it right. They could have made it right, but they refused, on several different occasions, even though I did my part to verify their policy, I did my part to go through proper channels to cancel once I discovered the error made. We will never be staying at Quality Inn in Florence Kentucky, and we will NEVER again be using booking.com, a company who cannot negotiate proper treatment of its customers with its individual hotels. As of writing this post I have still not been reimbursed the remaining $1,000 the hotel owes me.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Quality Inn in London Ontario - I have stayed at many Choice hotels and book them because of their great consistency and upkeep. This Hotel is disgusting, when ask to unblock the toilet and fix the sink blockage, the desk said, "Sure. We will do that right away." Came back after dinner and nothing was done. I complained the next day (2 night stay), they had sports team all booked and would not change the room. We paid way too much for this substandard hotel with heavily stained carpets throughout. The desk clerk would not discount us for the stay. This hotel should not be part of Choice properties. The management doesn't care and even the night clerk said that the staff was cut by 2. That should have been the indicator. Management refuses to talk and we should receive a credit for a horrible, 2 days.

Original review: July 3, 2018

I was traveling to New Port Richey Florida to visit my aunt on the road for 2 days. I finally reached my destination and checked in to the Quality Inn. But the room had a big puddle of water and ranked of mold, when I sat on the bed to call front desk the bed went down. The GM was very rude and didn't care about my complaints. Yes I was agitated you would be to after 17 hours plus on the road. I left and he said, "I don't want you at my hotel". I called the 800 line and they would only refund me 30.00 for a 2 night stay. Never again and I guess they need their money to fund those horrible commercial.

Original review: July 3, 2018

July 1, 2018, my wife and I checked into the Quality Inn located in Decatur IN. The temperature outside was a humid 92 degrees. It was so pleasing to set the air conditioner to a pleasant temperature once we arrived in the room. After turning on the fan to a low speed it began making a noise. The noise stopped after the room temperature was meet. Every time that the air conditioner started, the same noise would appear. Woke up at 4:00 a.m. to a very warm room. The air conditioner had stop working. Had to turn the fan on to get air into the room.

Notified the front desk at 7:00 a.m. about the situation and walked her down to the room and showed her the problem. I had asked to speak to the manager and I was told that she would not be in until 9:00 a.m. I gave the women my name and number and asked her to have her call me as soon as she arrived. Went in the dining area to get a cup of decaf coffee only to find out that it was cold. The other coffee pots were empty. On our way home, 4 hours later, I called Quality Inn and informed them that I have not yet heard from the manager. I was told that she is talking to another person at the time and that she will call me as soon as her business is done. I am still waiting for that phone call.

Original review: July 1, 2018

This establishment should not be operational! The customer service is horrible!! The hotel is on a list at the USO inside of the Seattle, WA (Tecoma). Our military personnel and families are being directed to stay at the ran down, filthy, overpriced, misrepresented joke of a hotel. My husband is currently deployed to South Korea and I am able to visit him but because of a postponement of my flight I had to subject myself to a last minute place to stay. I called 6 times and there was no answer at the front desk. I had to make my reservation on a whim because it was already 2:45 am July 1, 2018.

I made my reservation and took a cab because after not being able to reach a front desk staff, I was unable to request a shuttle (the site says there is a shuttle for 10.79 per person, when you get here you are told they do not have a shuttle). The entrance is filthy, from the furniture to the floors/walls/dining area and it has an odor! I was told that my reservation for 1 night (the 1st - 2nd) wouldn't be ready until 2 pm on the 1st but it was 3 am Sunday July 1. I was told technically they are still operating on the business day of June 30th so I would need an additional reservation for an additional night, if I wanted a room and that would.

If I wanted early check in it would be an additional $50 and if I wanted late check out that would be an additional $50 as well. This fricking place is exploiting its potential customers and the hotel is below standard! I will be sending emails requesting that this establishment be taken off of their list for our military personnel and families. I'm still trying to get my money back but I'm being told that my cancellation window is gone!! How is that possible less than an hour after booking??!! DO NOT STAY HERE EVER!!!

Original review: June 25, 2018

I would avoid this place at all costs. Several bad experiences with housekeeping and desk mgr didn't really care. Checked in Thurs 6/21/18. Friday had no room service and no clean towels, shampoo etc. Saturday had room service and got new hand towels but no bath towels. Went to front desk at night and got 2 clean bath towels, and told mgr what happened and he seemed upset but didn't say anything. Sunday came back to room at 8:30 pm and found a "do not disturb" sign on outside of door. It was on the inside when I had left in the morning. The 2 clean bath towels that I had placed on rack over toilet clean and unused were now gone and not replaced. Went to front desk and complained to night mgr who told me guests who stay over have to request room service and bring dirty towels to desk for clean ones.

I asked why this is not explained at check in and she had no answer. In fact the mgr who may have been franchise owner that I spoke with for new towels on Sat night never mentioned that dirty towels needed to be brought to front desk. Furthermore I have been staying at Quality and Comfort Inns for years and never had to trade in towels at front desk. While I was arguing to deaf ears to mgr on Sun 8:30 pm another guest came to desk who had just checked in and said his room had not been cleaned. They gave him a different room and he came back in minutes and said the second room had not been cleaned. Meanwhile I received no apology or truthful explanation from the night mgr. I would have to be desperate to stay at a Quality Inn again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Bed bugs. Absolutely disgusting. Very dirty and the staff is even worse then. They yelling and cursing at us. I have never been treated so horrible in my life. The “manager” or whatever she is pushed my husband. Absolutely a disaster. Couldn’t close the curtains. Had to clip them shut and we didn’t have a handset for our phone. Stains on the sheets and bed bugs everywhere. So so disgusting.

Original review: June 15, 2018

My wife and I made reservations in a Quality Inn at 4 South New Middletown Rd, Media, PA this past week. I do not plan to stay in any Comfort Inn again. This whole facility, while posting No Smoking signs, reeked from tobacco smoke. Luckily the desk clerk at the time we arrived was kind enough to show us 5 different rooms before we found one that smelled the least, and the only way to keep it from being overpowering was to keep the fan running on high the whole time we were in the room.

Original review: June 3, 2018

Quality Inn & Suites Woodland - Sacramento CA: This place was a nightmare. I reserved it months in advance. When I get there at 9:30 am and had to pay $25 fee to check in early or wait 'til 2:30 pm. Then because my debit card wasn't a credit card I had to put down a $100 deposit that the company doesn't release 3 to 5 days after you check out. Even though their websites say pet friendly they're not. I had a dog in my room for an hour that was super well behaved, wasn't left alone, I left the hotel room with dog and my party, when I got back to my hotel that evening I was locked out of my room.

When I went to the lady at the front desk she told me while I was gone she went in my room because they supposedly got a complaint about a dog whining and saw a bowl of water and a dog toy that got left in my room. Instead of her calmly saying pay a pet deposit or get rid of the dog or just try to talk to me about it, she harshly told me they were keeping my $100 deposit and the $264 I paid for 3 nights plus I had to put down an additional $250 or else I wasn't getting my stuff back that was still in the room. When I tried to explain why they saw that stuff the employee just kept cutting me off and yelling at me saying they don't allow pets and I didn't pay a pet deposit. I told her, "I don't have an extra $250 but I'll leave. Just let me get my stuff." She told me no, I wasn't getting anything back 'til I paid the $250.

She even tried to run my card without my authorization but my card wouldn't go through because I didn't have the money. I actually had to call the cops and have the cops force the employee to let me get my stuff. While as I was getting my things the employee was still yelling at me following me in the room like I was this major criminal that destroyed the place. No damages were done, no dog was left alone in the room but my make up scattered all over like someone went through it and some of it is missing and all my clean folded clothes were all unfolded and waded in a ball, while I was gone someone clearly went through my stuff. It was all very shady, I only stayed 1 night and I will definitely never go back, I have never been so humiliated in my life.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Here the review I posted on Yelp, then here is the e-mail I received from the GM. I stayed at Quality Inn in Mount Juliet Tn, Had a horrible experience. The room was 302 ended up with bed bugs, the fridge was nasty, the internet sucked. They comp my room, gave me another room that was being remodeled. Had no TV, bathroom was not cleaned, not happy at all, the management never come talked to me. Also I have pics of the room, bed and bug bites on my body not worth the 165 dollars at all Sherri Chanthavong. "We have blocked the room 302 since you checked out and call the Terminix company to inspect the room. He did it today, did not find any evidence of bed bugs. As soon as we get in writing we will charge the money that we have refunded to you and send the Terminix copy of evidence to choice."

Original review: May 15, 2018

We stayed at the Quality Inn Cedar Point in Huron, OH over the Mother’s Day weekend. The rooms itself was dingy and dark. The doors (to hallway and bathroom) didn’t close correctly, unless you really pushed hard. The heater and air conditioner unit did not work either. But by the time we had discovered these problems we had unloaded our car and the kids were tired, so didn’t want to ask for a room change. We went to pool and there were no towels, the floor was so slick outside the pool you had to shuffle in order to not slip, and my daughter did slip and hit her head. There was a dirty Shop Vac sitting out in pool area. The hallway carpet was dirty and the breakfast was less than appealing with watered down juice and cooking appliances that didn’t work.

When we got home we discovered the hotel had charged us an additional fee that was 4x what we had originally paid for the room. When calling the hotel they claimed they had found cat feces and cat litter in our room. We didn’t have a cat with us and don’t even own a cat. In fact, we were on a birding trip. We did have a baby, but didn’t even leave a dirty diaper in the room as we didn’t want the smell. We always do our best to clean up after ourselves and have taught our children to respect other's property. To have false claims leveled against us really hurts and not to mention the amount of money charged. Would not recommend this hotel at all, even if the fake charges are resolved in our favor. It was a cheap stay, and we really paid for it. Not to mention it ruined a great weekend.

As we have talked with the hotel multiple times they have been rude and very defensive. The manager changes accents and says there is nothing we can do to get our money back, so why even try. The morning staff while we were there were not friendly and not professionally dressed. We have stayed at several other Quality Inns with great service and cleanliness. We have also stayed at other Choice hotels with the same, but this experience has soured us from ever wanting to stay at another one of your hotels again.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Quality Inn & Suites Chesterfield Village (MO165) - Booked two rooms for Friday May 11 and Saturday 12. Walking into the lobby of this hotel was a disappointment, very cold and impersonal. Jhongg was very slow and impersonal checking us in. Our rooms were on the second floor and there was no elevator, so we had to carry all of our things up to the second floor. The carpet on the stairs and down the hallways was dirty and smelled, we opened the door to our hot, stuffy bad smelling rooms. The carpet was dirty and smelled, the microwave was dirty inside and the fridge smelled so bad we couldn't use it. There were cob for a bit. This is the worst hotel I've ever stayed in. Webs in the corner behind a chair that smelled like urine.

Thank God we brought air fresher because when I told Jhongg at the front desk about the rotten smell in the fridge his response was simply he had no more and not to open the fridge door! We wanted to check out then but couldn't. I booked through Priceline and would have to pay for the first night whether we stayed or left so we sprayed our air freshener, opened the window and ran the fan. I felt fortunate to get the second night canceled without having to pay for them. Worst hotel experience ever.

Original review: May 9, 2018

We booked our wedding with Quality Inn and Suites in Belmont, WI in early March 2017. Signed a contract and everything to have whole wedding and reception at this establishment. The owners of this hotel have been good to work with and accommodating as much as can be expected after corporate office put them in a bad predicament. We were booked to have our wedding in August 2018 and put down a deposit to hold that date. When my fiancée went up to the hotel in early January 2018, to talk to the owners about decorations and put more money down on the payment, she was informed that us and another couple would have to move our dates and maybe even our wedding because the corporate office had booked those weekends in August to install new air conditioning units.

We received no letter or emails informing us of this switch and are wondering when we would have been informed if she hadn't gone up there in January. The owners of the hotel said they called corporate and tried to convince them to move the installs to July since had nothing booked but that was to prevail. So there we were having to figure a new date, let alone a new venue if couldn't get date that worked. We had put money down for our caterer, photographer and the DJ. We stood to lose those deposits if couldn't get to work out with them also.

When contacted corporate with 3 (three) handwritten letters, received nothing in return. When sent countless emails, got their basic "we care about your input and will be contacting you in the near future" email. My first thing when wrote was wanted an explanation of how they didn't apologize or contact us of the change. Second question was how can corporate break a contract and have no repercussions. If we were to break contract, we would have been out our deposit. I am very pissed and hope that others see how this place operates. They don't care about us little people, as can see. I will never stay in another one of their establishments after this fiasco. And I'm sure other couple who had move their date would agree.

Original review: May 6, 2018

Quality Inn 117 Cedar Lane, Knoxville Tennessee - I prepaid for this room thru SnapTravel but had to pay for it again. The room was dirty, had dirty towels in back of the door. I went to tell front desk & they were smoking ** in lobby & gave me pool towels. When I checked out I was given a receipt only to have it ripped out of my hand & told it was policy to not give receipts so BEWARE, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

Original review: April 6, 2018

When I got to the front desk at 2075 East Tipton Street. Seymour, Indiana the girl at the front desk was holding her baby in her arms. With 2 other kids running around in the back area. Completely unprofessional way to a guest. When I got my 2 keys to my door I couldn’t get in my door for over 10 minutes until a guy with the master keys let me into my room. That was very inconvenient driving 4 hours to get there and wanting to go to bed.

So I couldn’t leave my room and go anywhere cause I would’ve been locked out. When I crapped in the toilet it wouldn’t flush. The stream wasn’t strong enough. They said there was WIFI it didn’t work on my phone. The room was crappy. I will never stay there again. I have stayed in one of these before and never had this experience. It was the worst experience ever at any hotel ever. PLEASE NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL. YOU WILL BE DISSATISFIED 10000%. I’m a very upset x-Customer. I want a refund!!

Original review: March 27, 2018

The rooms at Kill Devil Hills, NC were small but the more expensive one we had included an ocean view, which was nice. But the place was too busy and noisy. We had a do not disturb sign on door, but cleaning came in anyway. The breakfast was good, but just OK. The parking was limited and on a busy holiday weekend very challenging to locate a parking spot.

Original review: March 27, 2018

After having never seen a bed bug in my life had thousands in damages from them. So I now check all hotels. First hotel I stayed in was Quality Hotel in Scottsburg Indiana. 11 pm in first 5 minutes I pulled back the sheets and found several baby bedbugs scattering. Also a larger stink bug. I stopped my son from unpacking and went back to front desk. They made me wait. Now it's almost 11:30 pm. Finally I blurted out, "Here's your keys. I am not staying. You have bedbugs!" She replied, "Well I will have to check." I told her they have already wasted my valuable time and risked our health. I still have to find another hotel and it's almost midnight now. I left. Bam. First thing in morning I get an alert from my bank. They charged me for the room. I called them right way, demanded to speak to a manager and they told me he stepped out!

I demanded he call me. They said he will. DID NOT! I tried again. Nobody answered (that has happened multiple times in the last two weeks). Called corporate Choice Hotels and they tried to reach him and NO GO! No callback, no help and fraud was committed! I have tried again just now to call corporate and when I started to explain they hung up. I have been going to Choice Hotels for over 25 years. That is how I got the bugs in the first place. I now will NOT ever go back! I don't care if I have to pay double. I will never subject my family and investments to such a disgusting business that removes negative reviews. YES they did! Go look at their site. I posted twice this same story.

I will not stop until I get my money back and warn everyone and force them to correct this disgusting situation and fraud! By the time I got my camera the bedbugs hid again. The stink bug was still there and I got a photo of it. Maybe a baby or two but tough to tell as the box spring cover is designed to camouflage any bugs with its dark pattern and same color as bed bugs! Now almost two weeks later I am furious! I can't get any help. Can't leave neg feedback. Corporate will NOT help! So I am hoping I can be heard here! To think I use to work for this chain and was so very proud. NOT anymore!

Original review: March 25, 2018

The Quality Inn in Petaluma, CA has clean rooms, everything worked, good wi-fi but forget about sleeping. People were nice but said we'd have a quiet room but such room did not exist even though we had a 2 room suite. Hotel was way too loud. Surrounded on 3 sides by freeway and no heavy windows or soundproofing to take care of the racket.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I am sitting here upset and sick to my stomach realizing that companies can get away with the things you’re doing to consumers. I decided I’m going to fight back with every breath in my body and let everyone know as many people as possible about my horrible experience over the weekend in Youngstown Ohio at the Quality Inn on Belmont. When I left the hotel I left an expensive sweater behind. I called the hotel within two hours to say that I left it. I informed the front desk that was left on the bed. I asked if housekeeping would send the sweater downstairs and I would have someone pick it up because I had already Ohio. I was informed they were too busy to do that. I told her I will call back. I did call back she was very agitated that I called again Layla and Sam were the two young ladies on the desk. After calling several times I saw was not going to get any satisfaction at that level.

I decided to call a corporate number and was assured that the general manager would call me within 72 hours. After 72 hours passed and no call from corporate I called again. At that point corporate told the hotel had to handle the matter. Long story short I’ve got nothing but the runaround for the last two days. Actually I think my sweater was stolen by either housekeeping or young ladies. I am a persistent person and will continue to try and follow this up. I’m going to call the police department in Youngstown to see if they can do anything to help me. I will post again if I get any results. Just a warning to the wise do not use Quality Inns. I was shocked after reading some of the other similar complaints about the total disregard the Quality Inn has for consumers.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We stayed at the Quality Inn in downtown Seattle Feb 28th-March 5th 2018 for the ECCC convention. Here is a list of things we put with while there. 1) Bathroom mirror was held up by leaning on towel rack (photo below). 2) Room was so dirty we used a pack of Clorox wipes to wipe everything down. 3) Top dresser drawer couldn’t hold any clothes because the bottom piece was separated and clothes weight would stop it from closing. 4) Entry security lock was broken and coming off (photos below). 5) Tub wouldn’t drain so we stood in dirty water while showering.

6) Fridge froze our food. 7) Sheets were so old they had material balls and were scratchy, when we asked to have the sheets changed the maid not only put sheets on crooked but broke the bed from the base and we had to have maintenance fix the bed (photo below). The front desk lady lied when she said the motel would plug in our floors ice machine. I will never stay at this Quality Inn again and I would never recommend this motel to anyone. The only thing good about this motel was the breakfast ladies and the shuttle drivers.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I stayed at the Quality Inn Flamingo in Atlantic City New Jersey on Pacific Ave, I left my Apple watch in the hotel room by mistake. I called them the next day to see if it was there because I couldn't find it in my bag, so I called the hotel and at first the manager said they didn't find it until I said I'm going to have the police track my watch. That's when the manager came back on the phone and said yes they found it, I said okay, he said he will hold it, so now I'm going back to visit this weekend coming and I called and spoke to the manager to let them know I'm coming. He tell me they donated my watch to charities because they hold items over a month, when I spoke to him he should have just said that but he didn't and he was very rude and he hung the phone up me repeatedly because I was trying to get his name and I'm filing a police report against this location, they are horrible and rude and thieves.

Quality Inn Company Information