3.9/5 (698 ratings)

About Quality Inn

Quality Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Quality Inn?

Original review: April 3, 2022

Fast, easy check in. Very clean and the STAFF are truly exceptional. Hotel manager Moe and night clerk Zack were so accommodating and very knowledgeable of the area. Will definitely stay here next year for racing. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Original review: March 29, 2022

We stayed in Broken Arrow, OK at a Quality Inn; the sink was clogged terribly, there were no wash cloths, holes in the ceiling and walls. The bedspread had a "cigarette" burn and stains on it. The tub was leaking/dripping non stop. The 2nd day there, the internet was VERY SLOW, the bath mat after being replaced was dirty and stained. The trash was not emptied the 2nd day. If you are going to own a Quality Inn and have your name posted on a wall. Have some pride and take care of it. The breakfast was ridiculous, there was not hot water for tea, there was no yogurt, but the fridge that was being used was full of butter, for the waffles. It was a very poor breakfast to serve. We will never stay in a "choice Hotel" again. At least not in Broken Arrow, OK. I have pictures to submit, would love to show whomever... Thanks for reading, Denise J

Original review: Oct. 22, 2021

First let me say that because of this stupid pandemic my wife and we're evicted from the house we lived at for 10 years so we didn't stay at this hotel because we wanted to get away for a Lil while. I can honestly say that there is not one good thing to say about this hotel. Housekeeping comes and knocks on the door several times a day, even when you say "No thank you. We're good" they still come back a few more times. Then after you tell them that some lady knocks on the door claiming to be housekeeping and when you say, "We already told them we were good," she asks if we were staying or checking out (we didn't know how long we were gonna stay for so we booked the room through SnapTravel every few days) and we tell her that we were staying and then like a rude, sarcastic, ignorant person she is she asks us if we paid for it. Really?..

Does she really think that we are stupid and we booked the room and were going to try and see how long we could stay w/o paying? I mean c'mon..So we stayed there for a lil over a month and we had to switch rooms either 4 or 5 times. Once was because we saw a mouse running around in one room. One room smelled really bad. One room had water bubble running down the wall, and if it were to pop dirty water would get everywhere. One room had black mold in the bathroom. Which brings me to my next point. Every room we were in, there was hair in and all over the bathroom - stuck in the walls, in the drain, stuck to the shower curtain etc. It was disgusting. At least once a day we would have to go down and get our key cards reset cuz they stopped working.

They offer a washer and dryer to use and for like three weeks it was broken. Like I said we were evicted so all of our stuff is in a storage locker but towards the beginning of our stay I went and brought like 2 laundry bags and one suitcase full of dirty clothes back to the hotel so I could wash everything and before I left to bring everything I asked about the washer and dryer and nobody told me it was broke. So I wasted my time and money on an Uber bringing the clothes to the hotel for nothing. And all of the people who work here are so snotty and rude so I would think twice about staying at this hotel..

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

We reserved one night at the Quality Inn in Obetz Ohio. We had a family emergency and called and canceled at least 12 hours prior to check in. When I checked my points, we were not credited the points. When I called customer service (in a foreign country and you can not understand them) it took several calls and over 30 minutes wait before I was able to speak to someone. The customer service representative said they would have to call the hotel, when they did the manager was not there. The person that answered at the Obetz Ohio Quality Inn said they would give the message to the manager and that the manager would call me. This shenanigan went on for three different calls. Never received a call from the manager. Never had the points credited back.

Choice Hotels Customer Service said they could not do anything and that it was up to the franchise. Beware. Obetz Ohio Quality Inn Manager nor Choice Hotels care about me or anyone else. I have been a Diamond Member since 2007. Will absolutely no longer stay at ANY Choice Hotel in the future. For those reading other Choice Hotel Complaints you always see a response from them with a useless apology to contact them in private email with details. You never hear from those complaints because Choice Hotels chooses not to do anything. There are a host of other Hotels out there that treat their guests properly.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

My husband and I travel a lot. I have a support dog with a letter. I bring my dog with me everywhere and I have never had an issue. My husband and I have stayed at pretty much every hotel chain including Comfort Inn, Hilton, Holiday Inn, Ramada Etc… We have never been charged a pet fee for my support animal for as long as I have had my pet. We must have stayed 30-50 times without a fee.

Today we checked into Choice Hotels Quality Inn near airport in Bangor, Maine today. I showed the manager my letter and she proceeded to charge me a pet fee. She said that my support dog is not a service dog so I have to pay. I told her that we have stayed at another Quality that is in the same town and only a few miles away and we have never been charged. The manager told me that it’s up to them as to whether they want to charge or not. My husband and I could have stayed at a much nicer hotel for the same price we wound up paying for this dumpy outdated room.

I understand that perhaps there is a difference between a service dog and a support dog, but I cannot go anywhere without her. I have even flown on Delta and American with her and I was not charged. I think that it was showing poor customer service considering the same hotel chain -just up the road -does not charge yet this one does. The rules should be the same at all Quality Inns. In the future my husband and I will never stay at this hotel. We will also be sure to call ahead prior to booking to be sure that my support pet will not incur an additional fee.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021
We stayed at the Quality Inn in Decatur, Alabama. We were given a smoking room instead of a disability room, with a king bed instead of two queens. And we had three people. The door had obviously been kicked in, and no longer closed properly, and could not be latched properly from the inside. The shower curtain rod was pulled out of the wall. When we checked out early and tried to explain why, the front desk manager called me a liar to my girlfriend. And then we were accused of stealing by the hotel manager. The smoking room was being continuously used as a smoking room, because all of our clothes were ruined. So please don’t stay at the Decatur, Alabama Quality Inn. It was a literal nightmare experience. We were pretty sure that Dexter does a better job cleaning up than whoever is running CSI in Decatur, Alabama. Because that room has definitely been visited more than once.
Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Was staying there with my husband and ended up getting a job with the company that has yet to pay me my last paycheck, was forced to quit my job because I was lied to until I was banned and had items stolen out of our room.

Original review: July 25, 2021

The Mystic Quality Inn location was beyond the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and hopefully will ever stay at. I treated my mom to a 3 night stay in Mystic, CT for a nice getaway. We were placed in a room next to a person who lives in the hotel. 2 out of the 3 nights we stayed, we experienced pure fear as his visitors (non hotel guests) screamed, pounded the walls both instances at midnight. During the first instance, I called the front desk and was told “oh yeah we know him, he lives there and sometimes he and his friends do drugs and drink and they cause trouble.” I asked “why would your hotel allow this?” and received no real response. The second instance, which appeared to be a drug related argument, I had to involve the police after receiving no response from the front desk. I would have felt safer sleeping in my car. If you have any decency as a company, please look into this and make this location safe for future customers.

Original review: July 22, 2021

We never got to stay at the Quality Inn (Portland Airport). The three rooms we were sent to had beds unmade, were filthy, and smelled like cigarettes. It was pretty late at night. The front desk woman agreed to make a note about the reasons we left so we could get a refund through Priceline, but she didn't and the morning staff person refused to take care of the matter. It took us hours to find a hotel at 11:00 p.m. and had to pay $300 for one. I will never book at a Quality inn again!!!!

Original review: July 15, 2021

I wrote a blog for this incident. Just happened to me. **. General manager is FULLY AWARE of the EMPLOYEE STEALING situation but CHOSE TO IGNORE IT. I’M TOTALLY SHOCKED! Congratulations to all Quality Inn hotel employees! Maybe you are way underpaid. Your management just approved an additional source of income for you, take guests money while they are away! To all travelers, if you still choose to stay in Quality Inn, be prepared to lose ANYTHING from your hotel room.

Original review: July 11, 2021

The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the employees were very considerate and helpful. They said they had breakfast and it was a frozen breakfast burrito, banana, and a granola bar and one of our bags was lacking a granola bar. Even with pandemic everyone still walked around without masks even with a sign that said wear masks and social distance 6 ft. apart.

Original review: June 14, 2021

We made a reservation and when we got there there was no reservation there. We got there very late as we had to travel far. We did have a reservation nr. so they have given us a room. We went up to the room. The door lock was bad, the lighting was broken, everything seamed unsecure and we went back down after 5 min and told them we can not stay in this location. They told us they will give us the money back. This is not the case. They don't give any money back. We paid for the room and the pet fee and we did not use the room at all. Unfortunately we did not take any photos, as we got there very late we have, been very tired and with the thought that now we needed to find a other hotel at this late hour. Don't book there, don't go there. It's not the money and the effort worth. On top of that they say the manager Chris will call back. There was never a call back - he does not care. So sad for people like that this hotel gets such a bad reputation.

Original review: May 11, 2021

Would not let a animal stay here. After 30 years it has gone south. Human waste in the bathtub, discovered next morning. Other room I had toilet was broken. Toilet seats so old white is off. Black looks like mold. Another convention person had a door that did not lock. There were other issues. Coffee in room, no coffee pot. Wallpaper peeling in bathrooms. Fire HAZARD, worked 30 years in HAVC for JohnsonControls. Seen a lot. Laundry exhaust vents PLUGGED with lint. Bad. On first floor by exit door. Very dangerous. Overall stay at your own risk. Sad to see a business go downhill like this.

Original review: April 25, 2021

Carpet in the hallways were dirty/musty. Also carpet in room was less than desirable. As I entered the door of the room, a very musty smell. Overall, the hotel needs painting and new carpet. Drapes looked dirty/soiled.

Original review: April 12, 2021

The room was clean and as expected. The beds were small but adequate comfort level. The heater woke us up every time it turned on. The breakfast was a typical continental breakfast. Check in and check out was easy. Parking wasn't an issue.

Original review: April 11, 2021

Room smelled like smoke. Was not real bad so stayed. Employees were nice. I ask for the AARP discount and she gave me $4 off is all. So I paid too much for room. I will not come back. No breakfast in morning.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Mr. Harry Patel the General Manager (owner operator as he claimed) Charged me and expressed explicitly that I should leave the hotel room. Threatened with filing fraud against me and cause me trouble. He called my bank asking for personal information that they refused to give him. Mrs. ** from Bank of Oklahoma witnessed the conversation on the phone and Bank of Oklahoma documented the incident. I called the corporate main number, they were helpful and promised me I would get a refund within 3-5 business days no later than 14 days. Mr. Patel double charged me same night and I called him to ask for explanation. He said it's just for a refund and should disappear next day.

Next day I found out that the original charge disappeared and a refund for a 1.64 that he overcharged on the double charge. Still I haven't got my refund and waiting. Mr. Patel humiliated, threatened with fraud, and was so aggressive towards me. The incident happened as when I got to the room an hour later someone tried repeatedly to open an inside door to my room from another room. I explained this to Mr. Patel and asked him to move me to another room with no connection to other rooms but he got aggressive and made fun of me and asked me to leave if I don t like it. I strongly believe Mr. Patel breached the contract in between us. I strongly believe Mr. Patel must be held accountable for his actions. Please call me for any documentations and the bank contact info. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2021

I'm so disappointed with Quality Inn. I was shocked by having to pay a 200 cash dep., denied a handicap or ground floor room as I'm handicapped and use a cane and I KNOW they had one cuz I called after checking in with the rude desk clerk who looked for maybe 30 seconds and said "nope, Nothin". I called from my cell a few minutes after getting up to my room & asked to reserve a 1 bed, 1 night room that needs to be ground floor cuz I'm handicapped" and after about 10 min, the very friendly clerk named Jill said "oh, I can definitely do that for you, we have one left" same size, same price as the one I had in 2nd floor. I was so hurt by this. I used to manage a motel and if I saw a clerk treating guests poorly I'd train them myself.

Also upon checking in I had to go get more cash and come back to pay the dep, asked what time breakfast was & she again, was very short, like I was bothering her with my questions "we're not doing breakfast". No reason as to why it's still advertised online as included in their website. I'm sure it's covid but I was told on the phone we just had to take it to the room.

Then the morning came. I was about to shower and no hot water. The man at desk said to let it run for 10 min & It finally warmed up but in the 10 minutes I was in it, it went ice cold 3 times randomly. I went to get out and slipped & fell & my bad knee (patella on left) dislocated & I had to sit & very carefully bend it back into place but the pain & swelling & warm to the touch was instant. There was no handle around the tub and no mat inside to keep one from falling and it was very slippery so I was being extremely careful and even stood on wash cloths in hopes of some traction. I've had 3 surgeries on that knee (left side). I called the desk to ask for some time to elevate my leg and ice it before I started weight bearing right away. He replied as if he didn't believe a word I said and said "ma'am, I'm sending someone up because I know the hot water is working".

He was focused on my telling him how the water was going hot & cold and it but I didn't even care about it at this point but wasn't dressed & said not to bother. He said "so what do you need from me"? Again, I said I just fell in the shower and my knee dislocated and I'd like to see about perhaps a 1pm check out. He obviously didn't believe a word I said cuz he said "You have about 7 minutes Til check out and after that we keep $50 of the deposit". I was crying by now and asked if he'd let housekeeping come while I wait in hallway so I can trust that no one gets an excuse to keep my $ as no one I'd interacted with so far, except Jill was treating me as a guest should be treated. Had to race around while my knees throbbing and I can't stop crying.

I treated myself to this because I've been struggling with family and domestic issues at home and wanted just ONE carefree, relaxing night all to myself and to wake up and have breakfast made for me for once. Not only did I have these experiences, I was treated like garbage for being such a bother. The one positive aside from Jill was the fact that the room was very clean so I made sure and left housekeeping a little something. I will copy this for the quality inn email I'm going to send as well as the online reviews. Rooms are clean, other than that one doesn't get treated very nice. I made it down to the desk as I was crying & having to race around when I could barely walk and he was 100% unapologetic. I don't know?

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

I checked in the Danville, KY Quality Inn around 10pm after being on the road since 6am that morning with 2 children. We were given our key only to find our room occupied. Apparently someone working day shift have our room away. After being given the only other room available we opened the door to find a horrible stench of dead fish. After complaining to the front desk we were given air freshener. I sprayed the room and placed my phone on the nightstand, got ready for bed and noticed the bathroom floor and exterior of the tub were filthy. Being exhausted from our travel I left it to be addressed the next day. Turned down the bed to find ants crawling on the sheets. Reached for the phone to find ants on the nightstand and my phone. After complaining to the front desk a second time, I was told they had no other rooms and to quote “so you’ll be checking out”. I responded with “definitely as soon as I find another hotel”.

After spending an hour on the phone only to find no other hotels were available (Labor Day weekend), at this point we had no choice other than to suck it up. I went down to speak to the manager the next morning and upon returning to my room I smelled animal urine. Apparently the room freshener and dead fish odor only masked this odor. It was horrible and I immediately went back to the front desk to speak with the manager Yet again and informed him we would be checking out and I expected a full refund. He gave me the invoice and we left.

After checking my bank account later I found that instead of a refund I was charged for another night. I called him immediately and he proceeded to scream at me saying I only wanted a free stay. I couldn’t even speak because he wouldn’t stop screaming and talking over me. Never in my life have I stayed in such a filthy hotel room nor dealt with someone who obviously has zero concept of what customer service is. To be accused of trying to stay for free??? Zero class here.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2020

Long story. My son, 2 grandchildren, my husband who has dementia and I are at the mercy of Denver due to RV needing a transmission. Found a hypodermic needle in room. Son was given a box to clean it.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

DO NOT STAY HERE! The worst customer service. They did not honor a credit, reschedule, or refund for my stay, after being positively tested for COVID. They said that “I should have given them more notice”. However, I did not have any symptoms. I was required to take the test for a new job and did not get the results until I was on my drive to Zion. I was told to quarantine for 14 days. I called the hotel immediately to let them know. They were not empathetic whatsoever!

This was a difficult circumstance at the moment and they closed the door on me. They immediately denied a refund. I was not so much looking for a refund but rather a reschedule in stay in the next 14 days when I am done with quarantine and they could not even offer that to me. They were very rude and unapologetic. I will NEVER book with this company again. Do yourself a favor and look to stay elsewhere! Their approach to this type of situation encourages people who are COVID positive to stay here.

Original review: July 24, 2020

Not world travelers, we! First major trip.. In our 70's. Son and family planned trip for all of us over a year ago. And this refers to only one night of our trip on way home. Mention this only because the concern regarding the Corona Virus and travel for our age group, especially, was high!! So, read and researched any site we could, as you can imagine. After reading Choice Hotel protocols which on face value appeared exemplary, and much deliberation, we went ahead with our trip. You are probably thinking, blah, blah, blah! But...

AWFUL!! Would have found it so on a good day; but in this pandemic era, unacceptable on any level. Non-smoking, that smelled of smoke. Not great. But, the general lack of cleaning, remotes, light switches, etc. Nothing at all as pledged in the Protocol Guarantee. The tub in disrepair (enamel worn off) giving you to "wonder" about rest of facilities, air conditioner not cleaned. Normally, would have just chalked this up to a huge mistake and moved on. But, hoping to help anyone traveling with a heads up. In hindsight, should have left. Didn't. Lysol-wiped our way around the room, covered areas with our paper towels and used nothing not absolutely necessary. Cautionary tale?

Original review: July 18, 2020

What I appreciate about the Quality Inn is what you get for the price. It affordable, breakfast is complimentary and always clean. Some of them have hot tub and pool. Our family who love road trip usually stay at Quality Inn as it is a sure bet.

Original review: July 17, 2020

The Choice rewards program with extra perks helps me quickly attain free rooms. Quality Inns is are a mid-range hotel; however, if you are looking for a place to sleep, this chain does the job well. The app works well finding a place to stay and the occasional "stay twice, get a free room" promo is great.

Original review: July 16, 2020

The people at the desk always remember me by name, that's always special. I recognized when a room was extra clean and pointed out how it was better than before and saw a definite increase in cleanliness thereafter.

Original review: July 15, 2020

Manager was super friendly and polite. Room was nice and cool. Extremely clean!! Definitely will book another stay. Loved the room. Colorful and inviting. Amazing service!!! Will tell friends and family about my wonderful stay.

Original review: July 15, 2020

I don’t recall any particular problem I encountered which is a good thing. If I asked for something I was accommodated. For example extra towels or pillow cases. It was in a good location for me and had the basics.

Original review: July 14, 2020

Quality Inn is a brand of Choice Hotels which is always good value for the money. The employees are professional, friendly and accommodating. There are still smoking rooms for some which is a nice change. Clean and quiet place.

Original review: July 13, 2020

The hotel chain are runned down. The rooms are not updated. There is mold and mildew in the bathroom. There was also mold on the ceiling. I noticed bugs in the corners. Housekeeping was terrible. The rooms also had odors. The curtains would not stay together. I also noticed stains on the sheets. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It was not fit for just a overnight stay. The front desk was rude. The wifi didn't work very well. The swimming pool was very nasty. I would not let my children even go there. They promised a free breakfast. It was only coffee and cold bagel. I was very disappointed in this hotel. The clientele there was very scary. People hang out all time of the night.

Original review: July 12, 2020

I guess you get what you pay for and Quality Inn is considered cheap? In Tyson’s corner VA it’s over $100 a night and non smoking rooms still smell like smoke and there’s peeling paint. I guess the high price is for the location but I’ve needed to stay for work and that’s the cheapest there is. I’d rather sleep in my car but my car doesn’t have a toilet. Staff is nice enough and a free bagel in the morning doesn’t hurt.

Quality Inn Company Information