2.2/5 (79 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I supposed to travel in December 25 2021 and I got covid 19 positive. I had to cancel my flight and they only refunded me the taxes. This airline prefer that the customers travel with covid if not the people lost their money. My recommendation is not travel to this airline. They only matter the money not the pandemic.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Why did anyone bail out this lousy airline? This company has the rudest people (employees). They hate their jobs and they hate their customers. They were going bankrupt for a reason. But don’t worry. They will again, and soon.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I tried to fly from Delhi to Dublin during Jan, 2022 and they cancelled one of my flights. The only alternative they said I could take was to cancel the trip and get a partial refund (40% of the total cost paid), but when I booked the flight it gave me option to rebook the flight. I hence emailed them and called them several times to get a confirmation on this, but they wouldn't reply to emails or take calls. I do not know why they have a customer relations department or if they even do have one. The trick is usually used by booking agents, but it is disappointing to know such a big airline industry follows such tricks. Please do not plan your journey with this airlines.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Not only do you spend literally several hours waiting, but the reps also do not know basic things, give you self-contradicting information and hang up when they're stuck. Wasted a few days on hold and the issue's still not resolved a few hours before departure. The issue's caused by Lufthansa randomly changing things up on us in the last minute. DON'T give them your money next time!! BAD BUSINESS!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I have a return flight that I need to reschedule. I tried to do this via the app and online but for some unknown reason it required me call the service centre to make this change. The first 3 calls I made were disconnected due to high call volumes, an automated message said to call back later. I called back later and was on hold for 50 minutes before someone appeared to answer but then there was no-one on the line, just silence. I called back and was on hold again for around 50 minutes, only to be disconnected again after what appeared to be someone answering the call. Finally, I called back and after an hour and 4 minutes of being on hold and talking with the agent, I was able to change my flight. Why couldn't I just do this online and save everyone's time? So frustrating. I will think twice before travelling with Lufthansa again. The only reason I have historically was because of their pet policy.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

United Airline's "partner" overseas is LUFTHANSA airlines. I am a premier status frequent flyer with United. But due to recent Horrible experiences with Lufthansa, I will not book any future overseas flights with them. On December 22, 2021 I was returning home from Spain thru Frankfurt Airport to Houston. All USA bound passengers were herded to Gate Z50 where at least 300 people were jammed in a very small holding room. No lines, no one there to assist us. Definitely no social distancing!

After a 20 minute wait for our paperwork was checked for the 4th time and we were herded onto shuttle busses, again standing nose to nose with another 20 minute wait. Then driven to our plane only to find out that they had forgotten to de-ice it! So back we go to find another plane. Board that plane only to find out that the catering truck couldn't find the plane! So we had another 30 minute wait before taking off. Needless to say that everyone missed connecting flights. The United customer service desk in Houston helped us with hotel and food vouchers. (There was no one working the LUFTANSA desk!) This was not my first time flying with LUFTHANSA. Other flights to Italy were just as bad. You can't select your seats in advance! Even tho we paid to upgrade. Customer service phone reps are in the Philippines and poorly trained. I couldn't understand or hear one due to the ROOSTERS crowing in the background! DONT FLY LUFTANSA!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Called to rebook a flight - first someone hung up on me while pretended to be working anyway. I called them before to book sports equip - had to call 3 times as it was impossible to do. Demanded to speak to a manager - got a response that there isn't any.... The worst airline in 2021.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I am senior citizen. On Nov 24 I paid Lufthansa $ 1595.91 For a flight on Jan 3rd 2022. Because of omicron / plans must be changed. On Dec. 17 Lufthansa send me message my ticket is canceled.

- I have not been able to reach any one in customer service.
    - It is brain damaging experience to deal with Lufthansa.

- I want either Full refund or voucher of same value that can be used with other airlines. Lufthansa removed my booking my receipt from the portal, and they are saying that they have refunded my ticket, I have not received my payment of $1595.91./ Please help.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

If I could give a zero rating I would. Whatever situation you are in DO NOT book Lufthansa airline. They are using the whole COVID situation to rip people off and their money. They give you no info about COVID test and would blame you for that. They would tag you as no show even if it’s their fault for not checking you in just so you can pay a ridiculous price to rebook.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Please do not under any circumstance use this airline. They are totally inconsiderate and careless about their customers. They will rip you off if you need to make any change whatsoever to your travel plans. They will not inform you if you need transit visa nor what the exact covid protocols are until when you come to check in- They make up the rules as they go along just to make sure you do not get on the flight and they can then sting you for no show fee. Please avoid this airline like a plague!

Lufthansa Company Information