1.26/5

Last updated: April 10, 2018

310 Lufthansa Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 10, 2018

ALL Lufthansa crew should be ashamed of such a terrible, DISGUSTING customer service!!! You have to learn from other normal services how to operate and talk to people! You should check WHO you are hiring!!! You should FIRE this disgusting staff who hangs up on customers! I have ALWAYS traveled with Lufthansa and I will NO MORE! You should be truly ashamed that such a well-known airline handles its customers on the zero level! As a marketing student, I know way more on how to satisfy customers and make them stick with your brand than your multinational unprofessional company!

Original review: April 10, 2018

We had a really terrible flight back to New Zealand from our holidays in Spain. The ticket counter told us in Singapore that we would be compensate for their mistakes, that cost us 12 h extra in our flight, but after that when we sent them the formal complaint they didn´t answer our complaints, they gave us a excuses for the delays on the flight that we were not complaining about, and when we replied explaining again and again the complaint there was not answers, it's been a year ago. We are totally disappointed and I know that I won't have any compensation or any of my money back. I will never ever fly again with them of course, and the only thing that we can do is let know to the people how is thinking in flight with them how was our flight.

Our original flight from Frankfurt to Singapore was delayed by seven hours (it was because air control -right I know- it's the only explanation that they gave us) was all right, they gave us another flight from Frankfurt to Singapore to don´t missed our connecting flight from Singapore direct to Christchurch. And in this moment was when the mistake was made, the "Lufthansa ticket counter" printed off our new boarding passes for the flights but she didn´t let them know in Singapore that we were flying in another flight and that we would be on time for the connection.

So we went to Singapore, we wait to the connection flight to Christchurch, but when we were going to board the flight, the lady taking the boarding tickets told us that we were canceled from this flight because no one let them know that we were flying on time to Singapore so they canceled us from this flight because they thought that we were not going to make it on time.

She send us to "Lufthansa ticket counter" in Singapore and the men at the desk (who was really nice) couldn't believe that with the boarding passes printed by the "Lufthansa ticket counter" no one informed Singapore that we were arriving on time to not cancel us from the Singapore - Christchurch flight. After he had been checking different options at the end he found that the best or "earliest" option was a flight with Singapore Airlines from Singapore to Sydney, and wait 7 h in Sydney for the connection from Sydney - Christchurch and arrive to Christchurch the 14th of November at 10.00pm.

We arrived exactly 11 hours later than we should have arrived to Christchurch (New Zealand). We traveled for 45h. We arrived exhausted, disappointed, and really dissatisfied for how our amazing holiday finished in such a horrible way, we really think that is not fair all what we experience during these flights because this is not what we did paid for (and is not a cheap flight).

After explain them the history 3 times by email, the only answer that we get is that is not their fault because the first flight was delayed from air control. And we explain them again and again what the Luthfansa ticket counter told us at Singapore: "The mistake was made by the "Lufthansa ticket counter" in Frankfurt, she gave us another flight to make it on time in Singapore but she didn´t let them know that we were flying in another flight and that we would be on time for the connection." But we still getting the same answer: "The first flight was delayed from air control and it's not our fault" an totally no sense and a terrible customer relation service.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: March 27, 2018

I had entire trip booked from NYC to Croatia, waiting and saving for this entire year. Finally I purchase tickets, paid in full, just for them to send me email month later TELLING ME my new return is 3 days earlier!? THEY LITERALLY JUST CUT MY TRIP 3 DAYS SHORT, SENT ME NEW TICKET AND THAT'S IT??? I had wedding to go to that exact weekend, already paid for all stuff etc. So now I try to reach them, took 4 days. NO LIE for redundant music to stop playing and some woman with 9 accents to pick up...of course she could not comprehend anything I asked her, she kept referring things I never asked, I asked for supervisor, she puts me on hold...cuts me off... This went on for A WEEK!!! A WHOLE WEEK!

While I'm trying to fix this problem, it is a time sensitive issue because tickets I had to change BECAUSE OF LUFTHANSA CHANGING MINE, on another airline, are getting sold out. So now all of them sell out and all I can basically do is wait for another few days for Lufthansa to pick up and request my refund and lose all money and plans I spent half a year saving for!!! Now I get another person with 9 accents on the phone and she literally tells me my refund 'should possibly I believe be full.' Really? Were my flights 'little bit' cancelled too? Absolute horror! I ended up requesting refund online, I still did not receive it or any confirmation of any sort for it but I'm taking this to next level for compensation and rest. SHAME ON YOU!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2018

I was flying with my father from Boston to Frankfurt, then on to Athens. At the gate, we tried to upgrade to Business class from Economy, but they didn't let us do so -- even though the gate attendant told us that there were 2 business seats open, we had to be in Premium Economy first to upgrade to Business, which is frankly BS. She wasted about half an hour of our time, and we tried to call them to upgrade our seats over the phone -- no answer from customer service. We then went to the Lufthansa lounge for some salvation, but no dice there, because guess what? THE OTHER BUSINESS CLASS SEAT WAS TAKEN! Never flying Lufthansa ever again. I'm sticking with Swiss and British Airways.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I bought tickets for Lufthansa airlines from Almaty to Geneva via Frankfurt on July 8th 2017 for January 8th 2018 dates (4 people). Our Booking reference number **. We planned our vacation to ski resort in advance (6 months!). Tickets were unchangeable. We booked the hotel and car-transfer to ski resort in advance too. This amount is also non-returnable and unchangeable.

Yesterday WITHOUT notification and explanation I received new tickets (change reservation) to January 9th (which means losing the whole day and half and transfer reservations). This is shocking and unacceptable situation. We called to reservation support, they offered us the alternative route (arriving to Geneva 6 hours later and losing rest of the day). We agreed because we didn’t have other choice. So we have to change the time of car-transfer and pay for that. I think this is outrageous and completely disrespectful attitude to the customers which ruins vacation mood. Please understand this situation. We would like that Lufthansa will refund the full tickets price + car-transfer + one-day ski-pass for 4 people. I always thought that Lufthansa is one of the most reliable airline with corresponding customer service but this is shocking thing to hear from you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

My LH flight from Poznan (PL) to Frankfurt was cancelled for reasons which are a mystery still to this day. There were rumours among other travellers to Frankfurt at Poznan airport, ranging from technical issues to fog. The facts can however be clearly laid out: It was a bit foggy that afternoon BUT there were several other flights arriving and leaving from Poznan at the same time my flight should have left, including another Lufthansa flight from and to Munich. Hence the weather was good enough for landing and takeoff.

I saw on the flight tracker that the aircraft coming from Frankfurt made a U-turn right before Poznan to land in Berlin. It was the same aircraft that should have taken us back to Frankfurt. Why would they decide to turn around and fly some hundred kilometres back if there were technical problems? Pilots will always seek the closest airport for an emergency landing. The closest would have been, you guessed it right, Poznan. Then after standing in line for 2 hours straight all I was given was a taxi voucher and a little pamphlet about passenger rights with LH contact numbers. The best part is that the voucher was only valid for one specific taxi company whose drivers didn't even bother showing up at the airport. Ridiculous.

I'm still waiting for my compensation and a reimbursement for train tickets which I was forced to purchase since I couldn't wait 24 hours for the same flight the next day. Swiss for instance handle such situations in the professional manner one would expect from a quality airline. You get an ATM card with a 250 Euro credit on it, a 4 star hotel voucher, dinner and breakfast voucher, plus they put you on the next earliest possible flight even with a different airline. Lufthansa is a bunch of incompetent amateurs.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

My flight LH 413 got cancelled last night from Newark because of engine issue while we were about to board the flight. Had to go back to the counter to get a different flight. Being a Business class passenger with gold membership; the agents could not help. Had only 4 people in front of me and the line wasn’t moving at all. Just gave a taxi voucher after made it wrong 3 times and said no flight until 3 days. They had no clue how to handle passengers. If business and first class passengers having this feeling; I can only imagine economy class. Now I am trying for last 2 hours to call 3 different numbers they gave us to book the alternate flights and none of them are working. Some are saying “busy; please call later”; some are not even going through. What a mess. One of the numbers I dialed 1-800-645-3880. Terrible experience.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I bought a ticket from Lufthansa after being directed to their website by Google. My Visa did not arrive in time for my flight and I had to reschedule for a later date. When I went online to suspend my reservation I was presented with 2 choices, Cancel my Reservation or Reschedule my Reservation. I had no assurance if I would have proper travel documents so all I could reasonably conclude was to cancel my reservation and reschedule once I had confirmation for traveling.

A week later, I received an email notification of a refund of taxes for the cancelled reservation. I never asked for a refund much less expected one as I intended on traveling with the next weeks. Once I knew of my travel dates, I called to reschedule my paid-for fare. I was told that the cancellation was a forfeiture of all monies and only the taxes were returned. In my opinion Lufthansa just ripped me off! I ADVISE NEVER EVER BOOK A FLIGHT WITH LUFTHANSA AIRLINE! This is the worse company in the world that games consumers to line the pocket with unethical profits!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2017

On the evening of 11/20/2017 at 9:46pm EST (this is the timestamp on my email confirmation from Lufthansa), I booked a flight to Morocco for February 2018 through AAA online – The cost was $1,041. AAA then used Priceline to book the flight. The next evening, 11/21/2017, I saw a cheaper flight on Priceline’s website for $982 (total was $1001 including trip protection). Given that I had 24 hours to cancel the flight for a refund, I cancelled the original ticket for $1,041 at 9:28pm EST (this is the timestamp on the cancellation email that I received from Lufthansa) on Lufthansa’s website (selecting the cancel/refund option) and purchased the cheaper ticket on Priceline’s website for $982. My experience when cancelling a ticket within 24 hours is that you can cancel up to 11:59pm the following evening.

I contacted Lufthansa, AAA and Priceline to inquire about the timing to receive the refund. Unbeknownst to me, because I cancelled directly on Lufthansa’s website instead of AAA or Priceline, they will not issue the override for Priceline to issue my refund because according to the representative I was 4 minutes, I repeat 4 minutes, outside of their 24 hour cancellation window. This is untrue based on the timestamp on the emails that I received when I booked and when I cancelled. The manager at Priceline spoke with two representatives at Lufthansa to request an override in order for them (Priceline) to issue my refund because they can see in their system that I cancelled within the 24 hour window. The two representatives at Lufthansa refused and I was told one of the representatives hung up on the Priceline supervisor.

I am very disappointed in Lufthansa’s lack of flexibility to issue the override so Priceline could refund the $1,041, especially since I rebooked the same flight, albeit at a slightly lower cost. The Priceline supervisor also asked Lufthansa to reinstate my original booking for $1,041 (so he could cancel the 2nd booking given it was within the 24 hour window) since the ticket was still considered open and Lufthansa refused. I guess this is how customers are treated when they don’t purchase a $20,000 seat. Unfortunately, I am traveling to Morocco with a friend so I am forced to keep the new ticket for $1001 and lose the $1,041 that I spent on the original ticket. I will never book with this airline again!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

Good Day. We are looking for a legal advise from German lawyer on our complaint against Lufthansa under the EU regulation 261/2004 regarding the passengers' rights against denial boarding. I and my husband had purchased online two LH return tickets from Doha (Qatar) to Amsterdam via change of plan in Frankfurt (same terminal). Unfortunately when we came to the boarding desk in Doha two hours before flight schedule the LH boarding staff denied me boarding on the excuse that she did not sign on my Syrian passport and that the German Customs are so strict about that.

We tried to clarify to that staff the following: We both have other US ID which proves our ID and I could sign now. I had used the same passport for many travels before to USA and had no problem. We got the Netherlands visa already on same passport. I have been using this passport in Qatar without problem. We are not going to enter Germany in that flight as we would change the plane in same terminal (No1) within an hour to continue to Amsterdam. We are ready to sign any undertaking to shoulder any responsibility which would result from this if ever happened. We called the LH office in Germany just in front of the staff and the agent in Germany assured us it is not a problem and that she could sign the passport now but the boarding supervisor refused.

He was so rude (he did not even agree to give us the contact number of LH and instead he called security to make us leave the area without any explanation on how to get our refund). We had no choice but to purchase other two return tickets on Turkish Airlines on that night. Actually after we came to Amsterdam we did go by FlixBus to Germany to visit some relatives and the German immigration officers came to bus and checked our passports without any problem.

We sent several complaints to LH and only got a reference ID code on October 12. We even sent complaint to LBA (the German local agency of EU for such issue) and still no answer. We would appreciate if you could advise us on how to pursue our complaint against LH for refund and compensation for the moral and insult we have undergone.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I booked twice with Lufthansa and they cancelled my booking without any notification. ANY NOTIFICATION. I paid using my boyfriend's credit card with enough funds. I called Lufthansa and they told me they cancelled because a problem with the payment, they did not specify which problem was. And moreover, I was allowed to do the check in online, and went to the boarding gate, and I got a big surprise when they did not allow me to board the plane! They made me waste my time, which any monetary compensation can compensate that, because I was in an emergency to get to my country. Lufthansa sucks.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

Terrible! A month and a half ago I bought tickets from Kiev to Dublin on 09/09/17 and back to 21.10.17. I could not fly 9.09 because of work, I bought another ticket. In the end, when I tried to register for the flight online, the site gave an error. I called the support service, and the manager explained to me that my second ticket was canceled! I HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY NOTICE FROM Lufthansa ABOUT THIS!!! It was necessary urgently to buy a new ticket, which cost 414 €!

At Dublin airport, the boarding began 25 minutes later. From Dublin, I flew (unfortunately!), but the flight was late for 30 (!) minutes. It landed 13 minutes later, but we got into the airport only 20 minutes after the landing. Connect between flights was 1 hour. When I reached the registration gate for the flight, the bus, just closed the doors and I was not allowed on the flight. The officer of the service center said that the nearest flight will be in 12 (!) hours. And, since I had time between flights (as long as 30 minutes to get from one terminal to another and an inspection) THEY REFUSED TO PROVIDE ME THE HOTEL AND FOOD!!! I'm sitting now in an empty Frankfurt airport and "enjoying" a sleepless night, thanks to Lufthansa.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I had a Lisbon Moscow flight with a 10 hours transition in Munich. I missed my first flight and bought a later flight from Lisbon to Munich by Lufthansa for 415 Euro expecting that I will be able to use the second part of my flight, namely from Munich to Moscow. Guess what? They sold my second ticket out and could not give it to me anymore. This is pretty insane. It means that if you don't show up on time at the beginning of your journey all the rest of your journey is not valid and next tickets as well and they can sell your seats in the plane again. No matter if you get to that second plane by either means. The extra money that they made selling your tickets in such case will not be passed to you. As for the staff members who told me all that, there were several of them. But one of them was Jäger ** at München Flughafen.

Today I spent 900 Euro on Lufthansa and I could spent thousands more over the next years but I will not because of this very rude and unprofessional instance. And actually, he told me all that like 15 mins later when the check-out ended. On top of it, before he was "trying to make it work at some other desk". I can only add that I spent so much time on running in the airport and asking who I should ask and why my tickets that were visible in the system at the electronic check-out but cannot be printed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

As a group of 7, we booked an Austrian Airlines flight to Barcelona in November 2016. In February details of the flight has been changed, a new booking confirmation has been sent to me. We moved to Barcelona last week. Yesterday evening, still in Barcelona, we checked the flight back to Vienna, which should be done by Lufthansa in the original booking confirmation. No booked flight was on the schedule, therefore we contacted Austrian Airlines by phone, got the message, that Austrian forgot to inform, but the guy from call center told us, he has rebooked our group to Air China, everything should be fine.

Early in the morning we arrived Barcelona Airport, no confirmation for our group at Air China! Air China recommended to go to Lufthansa counter. On the Lufthansa counter we met Mrs. **, she was extremely friendly and helpful, called Austrian Airlines in Vienna... and after an hour, Mrs. ** solved our problem and we arrived Vienna a couple of hours ago. Without the support from Mrs. **, coming back to Vienna has not been possible. Thanks Mrs. **. I hope it will be possible, that this will be forwarded to Mrs. ** as well as to her boss.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Got into Lufthansa flight, and due to overbook I received a compensation. NEVER manage to get this compensation until this point, and I claimed it on early July (so it has been almost 3 months. Reduce a bit of processing time, so it's 2 months). The reason being: a) Never got any info from financial department. b) Does not have direct contact number to that said department, only contact via email. c) The sheer volume of email received by them is too much. None of this has anything to do with me. NONE. Please, hire more employee or somebody who can read email carefully. It's an email damn it, how hard can it be to read a bunch of those. Aside from that, the flights that I took were 75% delayed (means that 3 out of 4 flights were delayed). Never fly Lufthansa again.

P.S. This is the usual response from CS, "we hope that you can be patient about this". You must be kidding, no? If 2 months is not patient enough, how long should I be patient for? Try asking yourself if you can be patient if you are not receiving things that should be yours (e.g. salary) for two months. If you can, then I can be more patient.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I have purchased 2 premium economy tickets between Johannesburg and Frankfurt due to departure in November 12th 2015. 2 days before I have checked the reservation online and was saying that the flight had been canceled, therefore we have purchased another ticket with Swiss Airlines as the hotel and other attractions in Paris were not refundable (Nova Passagem 4.pdf). We have only received an email saying the flight was canceled on November 11th due to the strike of Lufthansa (IMPORTANT: Your flight LH573 Johannesburg - Frankfurt/Main, 12.11.2015, 19:40). I have tried to contact the call center to ask for a refund as I couldn't do it online because the card used to purchase the tickets was expired by the time the flight was canceled. I believe that the service center was also on strike, so I left a message on their website (Your requested dated 12.11.2015 10:11.).

While we were already flying to Paris with Swiss I have received another email with a reschedule route through London, however the email arrived after the schedule departure date for the proposed British Airways flight. (Change of Reservation, Departure 12-November2015, **). I haven't traveled to Europe since that day, until January 2017 when I had to attend a business meeting in Germany. So I have restarted my communication with Lufthansa in order to use that amount to issue a business class ticket to Frankfurt. On January 13th I have contacted Lufthansa offices in Luanda Angola (where I work) to try to book the new ticket however I was informed that I should talk to the Johannesburg branch as the original tickets were purchased starting from Johannesburg - This email is in Portuguese (RE: Remarcao de passagem).

On January 17th after going personally to the Lufthansa offices at OR. Tambo International Airport and calling the South African Call center I have email their customer relations department in order to find a solution for my case (Ticket Re-Schedule due to Strike on 11/2015). My business trip couldn't wait for a response so I purchased another ticket for that purpose. I have received on the same day the protocol number to follow up the issue with them (your feedback has been registered under FB ID **). On March 14th I have finally received a feedback saying that no compensatory payment was due and that the ticket couldn't be reschedule because it was expired. (your feedback to Lufthansa, FB ID **).

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I use to have respect for German companies such as Mercedes, BMW, Bosch, etc. because of the high quality of their products, until I have my two encounters with Lufthansa's Customer No Service. My First encounter was very unpleasant when I tried to re-book my flight because they refused to check me in, even though it was not my fault showing up one hour before my flight, after they bounced me from one terminal to the other. Their customer service was unbelievably rude, no support at the airport whatsoever. They treat their customers as if they were ISIS or the devil. I still don't understand that???

My second encounter was about a week ago, my mother traveled from Houston To Tunis with two bags after they switch her flight from Lufthansa to United, one arrived and the other one is nowhere to be found. Lufthansa desk at the airport were of no help unless if you are there to buy a ticket. They could not even call Frankfurt airport and check with the luggage office there, or check the computer to see where was the last time my bag was scanned. All they said was "we don't know where your bag is and we cannot call".

So I decided to call their rude customer no service, and of course all I get is some Filipino rude call takers that have no clue what to do or how to trace anything, and the girl kept telling me that she cannot check anything or call any airport, and that I need a file number in order for her to check the status. After several calls to the customer no service, a ** man answered and was able to create a file number, but no info on where my bag is or anything, all they tell you is "wait 24 hours and check to see if anyone uploaded any info on your bag". A very passive way to do business.

They refuse to tell me where was my bag scanned last, refused to tell me which airport my bag is at. They never apologized for losing my bag or anything.

I was so pissed off at them and their ignorance and disrespect towards their customers to the point that I decided to never ever again book any ticket with them, even if they hand me a free ticket I will throw it on their face and they can shove it. I also decided that Lufthansa represents Germany and the German people. If they are out to disrespect people, I will never allow that, therefore I decided to sell my Mercedes car, and get rid of anything I have that says made in Germany.

I rather buy things from nations that respect people and value their business rather than people who does not give a damn about anybody and think that they are something they are not. Lufthansa it is only a matter of time and you will go out of business. I will never stop telling my story and the bad experience with those dumb customer service personnel and the poor support, and lack of compensation of customer's time and hassle.

German workers are good at demanding their rights and high wages every freaking year, but when it comes to them treating customers, they are careless, and they try to cheat them out of their time, stress, and luggage. Please Please Please do not fly with Lufthansa at any cost, you will regret it, and your luggage will end up lost or damaged because they hire the worst and the cheapest workers from the third world countries, that will disrespect you and will lose and steal your luggage.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

On a flight from Frankfurt, Germany to Boston, the boarding staff was extremely rude, aggressive and racist. I am a ** skinned woman from the Caribbean and my husband is a ** Scottish male. The boarding staff told us we couldn't sit together because they had to separate us to accommodate a family. This is fine and I am understanding of this but when I asked her why they chose us, she said it's because we were two individuals flying together. I told her we were a married couple. She became hostile and kept repeating over and over that there was no way possible we were married. She was belligerent and rude and refused to help us fix the situation she put us in. Terrible.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I did fly on the 5th off July from Philadelphia airport to Frankfort. Then I had a lay over in Frankfort for 14 hrs to be on the flight 1326 to Tunisia that was booked for 9:45 pm and after it got delayed many times we did board the plane at 12:00 am. Well we were on board then we had to leave the aircraft because what they said it's a luggage problem and missing passengers. Well they lied to us because I found out much later that the luggage patrol were on strike in the airport and refused to do any work. Then they asked us to go downstairs to go through the line and get a reservation for another flight for the next day and I was starving. All they gave us is Peanuts and water.

Well after waiting 2 hrs in the line we got the new reservation for the next day at 9:00 am. Then we left in cabs to a hotel that was 30 miles away from the airport and a 10$ voucher to a restaurant that was closed at the time so I starved to death in the room. Got up at 7 am rushed to airport then they canceled on us again. We were waiting from 8 to 12:30 to board then we got stuck again in the plane starving till close to 3:20 because they say it was a problem with the which was a lie again because the strike still on. Well the had to leave the plane because it's a security problem. Well we suffered on board starving till they got us sandwiches. Well I got to Tunis around 4 pm local time. It's absurd. Please give me my money back.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I would like to share my experience with Lufthansa customer service department. After one of my flights with Lufthansa, my bag was completely destroyed by Lufthansa baggage caring staff. After one month of communication with their customer service department I finally got message that my refund request was approved. However, despite the fact that they have totally killed my suitcase, they were ready to refund only 70% of the cost of a new one (closest replacement I'd found in store). After that for 2 weeks their customer service representative has been lying about the fund transfer process (being in operation. as you can Imagine, I had not received any refund).

It has been more 2 months now and there has been no refund. This customer service department stopped reacting on my emails. So I am left with no bag now, as my pre booking with the shop was terminated as they could not hold bag for such a long time. Another customer bought it. DO NOT trust Lufthansa!!! Their customer service department is scum and they treat customers with no respect and lie about their serviceability. I am deeply disappointed...

Original review: June 29, 2017 I was always happy with Lufthansa. My family always uses it. The flight attendants are polite and helpful. Aeroplanes are comfortable and the pilots are great.

But, at the border I had a misunderstanding with a border officer. I thought I was being helpful and he asked me to step aside and he searched me, for no reason at all! He even called the policewoman, just to be as nasty as possible. The policewoman was nice. She asked me what happened and I explained. I think she understood the situation and she immediately gave me the passport and let me go! I said to myself after that incident that I should never use Lufthansa again but then I thought about it later and realized that one person cannot represent everyone else because everyone else was always nice. I felt like punching him on the face though!

Original review: June 12, 2017

I bought two tickets by mistake under the same name. I called customer service and they said email them. After I emailed them I am still waiting for a response. Then I called just to be told that they cannot do anything and that is the reason they didn't respond by email. After 7 phone calls, 1 email without response they told me that the only thing they can do is cancel my flight and return to me only 60 euro out of 350 euro and they cannot change the name or anything else but I should buy a new ticket from them.

Original review: June 8, 2017

Me and my 4 children booked tickets to fly with Lufthansa on June 7. 2 days before the flight I talked to a representative who asked me about the seats requirements and passports expiration for all passengers, I gave the passport expiration date and the representative said, "You are ok, the passports are valid and you are confirmed to fly on June 7". Today on June 7 me and my 4 children show up at the airport at the check-in counter. They tell me that 2 children cannot fly because their passports expire less than six months from the date of the return. Well hello? Why this was not communicated when they confirmed the seat!!!

We had to take our bags back to the car and run to the passport agency and try to renew their passports, in the meantime while kids were crying and tired we had to call the travel site where we booked the tickets and pay $3100 extra to change the flight date to fly 2 days after the confirmed flight date. Now we are out of $3100 and my wife and kids missed the flight and the whole day ruined because of incorrect information given to me regarding the passports. DO NOT TRUST THIS AIRLINE.

Original review: May 30, 2017

I realized that my last name was incorrect on my reservation. I called to get it changed. I was told that it was most likely due to my infant daughter being connected to my ticket (her last name is different than mine) so the system changed my last name to match hers. They said the only way I could get on the flight is if I pay a fee of $2327.96. FOR CHANGING MY LAST NAME! I have talked to 8 or 9 different people, all of them were rude and dismissive of my situation. Saying that if I don't pay it, then I'm not going.

We are taking this trip because my grandmother is turning 90 and she would like to meet her one and only great grandchild. We are planning on taking her to Rome, so all these other travel arrangements have been made that we cannot miss. I talked to 2 supervisors, both of which told me that I would need to "figure it out". I asked for a number that I could file a complaint with corporate so they gave me the number to customer relations. They said that only the reservation team (the people I was just talking to) could help me. So I got transferred over there. They in turn then told me that the only people who could fix it was customer relations, so I got transferred back to them.

After a few times of each party trying to pawn me off on the other, I finally tried to email the CEO and some other corporate people in charge of North America. Let's see if they will even give me the time of day. It's crazy that I had to pay $2327.96 on top of my original ticket which was $605 and some change just to get the last name on my reservation changed for a flight I haven't even gone on. If I could give them negative 5 stars, I would!

Original review: May 22, 2017

I book a plane ticket via a Greek online agency with Lufthansa aircraft. I booked the ticket 19/5/2017 and travel from 18/7/2017 from Oslo to Athens and return 3/8/2017. I decide to cancel the ticket 22/5/2017 58 days before the flight. I pay 303,88€ and I get a refund 69€. I will never use them in the future.

Original review: April 24, 2017

I'd like to open a formal complaint against Mr ** who made my flight from São Paulo to Frankfurt (LH 507 - 03/04) a living hell. When I got the boarding card for this flight I wasn't informed that the seat that I previously booked for 90 EUR had changed. As I got in the airplane I asked Mr. ** what had happened as I booked that seat (27A) for being window and I wasn't happy to be moved to the middle because is extremely uncomfortable.

Mr. ** kept repeating that the 27A was broken and I had to be moved to 27E. I understood the situation, however I was trying to show my disappointment and, instead of being sympathetic, he robotically repeated the same answer, not even trying to apologise. In the end, he just turned his back leaving me talking alone. Even the passengers around me looked astonished with his behavior. When I tried to talk to a different cabin crew member, he interrupted and ask me to sit as the plane was about to take off.

I had nothing else to do unless to get to that seat. I got very frustrated with this situation and before the plane landed in Frankfurt I asked to take note of Mrs. ** name on the badge. That's when everything started. After that, he went twice on my seat: first asking if I am Brazilian, which I confirmed and he replied with what seemed to be a very racist smirk. In the second time, he asked for my boarding card. I inquired what he needs it for and why I was the only one who he asked it. He was very vague saying that was only to "wrote something". I couldn't believe that it was happening! My documents were in the bag. I told him that I would give it to him once that we landed.

When it happened, with everybody leaving, I thought that I finally got rid of that embarrassing situation, when I after a minute I was stopped by a federal police female running in my direction. I was the ONLY one who got stopped. I asked the reason of it and she said it was normal. Then I asked if it was related to a cabin crew staff which She didn't answer and gave my passport back.

I am totally shocked with what happened!! First I had my pre booked changed without any warn, then I have to deal with Mr. ** being rude and not willing to assist me. After that he start harass me asking for my documents and send a federal police to check my passport?!? After 12 hours flight, I feel totally invaded and humiliated for this horrible behaviour! It just an unacceptable situation and something has to be done against Mr. ** whose conduct is below than unprofessional! I also requested his information in order to take a legal action against him and the company.

Original review: March 7, 2017

I booked the 6 round trip tickets for the entire family, 2 adults and 4 kids from LAX to Cairo for 2 months tickets. And she spent fair time over the phone with me to go through best offer on these dates and I confirmed the both dates and destinations many times. Then the next day I call and confirmed the date and process the payment for all tickets over $4500.

Then after one week my oldest daughter realized she need to change her ticket only for the departure date so, my wife called and they told her this are not possible without a fine which was fine so, I called Lufthansa to pay this fine fee and I found that all 6 tickets was wrong and the Agent swapped between the airports and instead of flying from LAX to Cairo it was Flying from Cairo to Lax and the other way back to Egypt. I really don't know how this could happen, especially I was clear that I am from Los Angeles area and my address and credit cards from LA, so they offered me to switch the tickets with no fine. I have to pay additional $4600 so, the tickets will be over $9000. Otherwise I will lose the entire tickets.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2017

Me and my husband, we took the flights LH463, MIA-FRA, 10FEB17 and LH1298, FRA-IST, 11FEB17. Because I am pregnant and I have gestational diabetes, I cannot eat everything. So when the food service came to us, there was only pasta option. I said "I cannot eat that." The cabin crew helped me and found me a meal that contains proteins, and they said that "For the return flight if you contact to Miami Lufthansa office, they will help you with the very special menu." This part is fine.

Then before our flight back to Istanbul, we had contacted Miami Lufthansa 3 times. First staff said that she will put a note about the special menu but I have to check 1 day after. We said ok. Then we called again. The other staff said that we should call 24 hours before the flight for the special requests, but she said she will put a note on the system. We accepted and called 24 hours before the flight. That time was the disaster. The stupid girl on the phone kept me 1 hour on the phone then she said it is less than 24 hours and she cannot get my request!!!

She was literally incapable and she does not know what she is doing. At the end of our 1 hour conversation, when she said that she cannot take a special meal request because of timing, I got mad!!! Then she talked with the supervisor and confirmed my request. (At least she told me so.) 1 day after we went to the airport, I asked to the counter about a special request. Can you imagine there was not a single note on the system!!! The ground services staff helped me and contacted with the cabin crew, and I had seafood menu. I had mentioned to that girl maybe 10 times, what I can eat, what I cannot eat... Anyway, that was really disappointing for me and stressful. You are on a 10 hour flight, and you may not able to eat anything.

Don't keep these kind of staff for the brand reputation. Anyway, I have another flight for the 8th of March. I will not book on Lufthansa definitely!!! After I posted that on Facebook page of Lufthansa, instead of finding a solution, they asked me to delete the post!!! They started to argue with me on social media, can you believe that?

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

In Los Angeles my flight was delayed 4 hours - I was treated well and flight staff very accommodating... that's where the positive experience ends. I travel regularly for business domestically and have come to expect a certain elevated level of customer service. Flight was cancelled on return out of Berlin. I arrived early at the airport. An official asked me to stand by the check-in desk that I would be helped. I speak German and kept checking in that they not forget about me. They let a couple get seats and another passenger and then told me I had to go to another gate flight was full. Mind you my company paid 1st class fare 1 way!

I went to the next gate. Was told flight left and told to go to another gate... about 4 hours had gone by - no seating. I threw my suitcase to the ground and raised my voice in German cursing the pathetic customer treatment. The agent I first met approached asking me to calm down - I replied - I tried that approach and look where it got me... 4 hours later. I was eventually booked on another airline... middle seat... etc. I will never fly Lufthansa again - they used to be the standard... their ground support in Berlin is the worst I have ever experienced.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Short: I was offered to upgrade my flight from Economy to Premium economy for the flight from Frankfurt to Boston. I agreed and paid. The option I got was worse than the original option, I couldn't return to my original option neither on the website nor by phone. I wasted a lot of time on the phone waiting for the support forever, got bad options, and had to give up due to long phone conversation. I recommend avoid Lufthansa unless you absolutely have no choice. In addition, they have the worst ever distance between the seats. Long people should avoid them if they value their knees.

Longer: I purchased a seat selection option as I can sleep only near windows. During my flight from Boston I have noticed that the leg room is so small, I got my knees injured by the front seat and almost ruined my left knee when the passenger in front of me decided to recline. I am 6'4'' tall but I am not that unusually spectacular tall to be squashed so much on the intercontinental flight. That is when I realized that getting an upgrade is health saving. I accepted the web offer to upgrade to Premium economy. Well, I paid for the seat selection when I purchased the original tickets, and the website proposed I would be able to change the seat as soon as I purchased the upgrade. I paid, and the website informed me I cannot select seats anymore! Moreover, I cannot get back to my previous selection. (By the way, the website is not good, it is much worse than any other airlines I flied with, it is hard to find your flight, get status etc.).

I called them and after some waiting and my second attempt I finally reached an operator. She said indeed, only middle seats are available, no upgrades, no refunds. I asked if there is a business class upgrade possible as I won't be able to sleep on the flight and she put me on hold forever. After 15 minutes of listening to music that is always the same with some pauses between the music sessions, I hung up as the call became too expensive. I have a roaming deal with AT&T but it is like $1/minute. I am extremely unhappy. I am a very frequent traveler with 2-digits number of flights per year and I have never been treated so badly. This is my last flight with Lufthansa, period. I also advise to avoid them until they start treating their customers like humans.

Lufthansa Company Information