2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.7/5 (312 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I am a frequent flyer with Lufthansa since more than 25 years. Living close to their German hub, I use this airline for world-wide travels, both for business and private needs. In the past, the airline delivered not perfect but pretty good services as on the ground as well in the air. The last 5 years the situation has changed drastically. I had multiple serious issues on the ground and in the flight, when Lufthansa staff demonstrated a full ignorance or arrogance to the passengers. The numerous complaints to the support line result in formal response without any real measures. The COVID pandemics worsened this disaster service even to more catastrophic. I could provide my personal tens of examples how the Lufthansa employees treat the customers in bad manner, starting from business lounges and further at boarding and in airplane, however, this review is not aimed to make a long story but just to express the general status of the services by Lufthansa.

Last but not least, recent changes in price policies and in-flight services just confirm the general trend of company degradation. For example, on some international flights longer than 2 hours, which I recently used, there is no more complimentary food/drinks service. The ticket price, however, increased! As a summary, using often other air carriers, I have to say that Lufthansa is rather located in the very end of the list of quality providers.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

We booked a round trip flight to Malta for two people with leave date 7/22. We were informed by the USA Consular’s office that Malta was not accepting the CDC vaccination cards in July 9, 2021 and were to be denied boarding. Multiple calls to airline were disconnected after a brief recording of “high call volume” and referred to website which did not provide resolution/refund to our problem. Emails also did not give resolution to our problem by flight date either. Refund requested was for full airfare amount.

On 7/17 we were notified by Consular’s office that US citizens' entry to Malta was approved with the CDC vaccination card. Notified Lufthansa immediately via email as phone contact is nonexistent that the course had changed, we would take the flight. Our flight itinerary was never cancelled on the website and we received emails to check in 7/21. Could not do so online and referred to customer service at airport. At airport we were informed (after lengthy waits in 2 lines) our tickets were cancelled, given a refund and only recourse was to pay that day's pricing in order to board flight. Did so and told rep that we would be in contact regarding, not only cancelling our flight with no contact follow-up but us paying a much higher cost per ticket.

On 7/23 in Malta date (one day ahead of US), we received email that our original flights were cancelled. When we returned, our credit card indicated we received $103 per ticket refund. Although these tickets were non refundable, why would Lufthansa keep the money when we would have been denied boarding flight? We have essentially paid more than twice for two tickets to Malta- original tickets to Malta and then the day of purchase tickets. We have since communicated with Lufthansa and requests are denied and emails are since unanswered. Very poor customer service and definitely not an airline that rates customer experience during an already difficult time with COVID restrictions.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

We booked flights with Lufthansa for 4 passengers from Manchester to Berlin departing August 2021. In March 2021, Lufthansa altered the flight time, and we were offered a refund. We clicked on refund. After endless phone calls, waiting forever on hold, being passed from one department, to another, endless emails we have NO REFUND. 6 months have passed and NO REFUND! I would NEVER RECOMMEND LUFTHANSA TO ANYONE. So much for German efficiency!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I’ve been to Lufthansa to pick up freight 4 times, I work for Hazel's Hotshot in Carrollton, yesterday was the last time I will ever go there, sit in a cage about the size of a chicken coop in 100 degree heat in their warehouse just to pick up 2 skids waiting for nearly 2 hrs while 1 guy was unloading a semi with 3 other drivers in semis were waiting, 3 others employees just walking around, I pleaded with folks in office to load my 2 skids. They refused said I had to wait my turn, well I’m not waiting, got my paperwork back and got the hell out of there, if you like horrible Customer service this is a place for you.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

I am writing to complain about this Airline Lufthansa, l have already raised this issue with them and it’s yet to be resolved. My overall experience with airline has been extremely frustrating and l am after a fair response from Lufthansa. Lufthansa pls refund my money and do the needful.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I booked my ticket online, I wanted to make sure, one luggage was included on my ticket price, I booked Economy class, but when I went to the Airport, they said, my ticket was Economy Light, and they charged $70 dollars on my way to Tbilisi and $72 dollars from Tbilisi to LAX, this airline has hidden agenda, the worst service you can experience with an Airline, an instant coffee, the worst coffee you can get for $5 euros. Avoid to fly with this Airline, the ethics are super low.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I called Lufthansa on August 14, 2021 at 8:58 am EST and spoke to someone by the name of Jennifer. I bought tickets to return home 1 week early from Cyprus because we were denied entry into Israel. Our plan was to spend 1 week in Cyprus for a friend's wedding and then travel to Israel. When we were denied entry to Israel, we decided to come back home 1 week early. I was told those tickets would be a total of $140 and everything was confirmed. I was willing to pay since we were changing our flight on our own accord- even though it was due to COVID.

When I checked online and on the app, our tickets were in fact confirmed. I have screenshots of these confirmed tickets on my phone. However, when I got to the airport, they told us that we did not have tickets and that we needed to go to the ticketing department to buy them. We were charged $418 at the airport for the tickets and the representative said that's all they can do and nothing else. She didn't even try anything else.

I have been lied to multiple times by Lufthansa's customer service department. I was told that a supervisor would call me back multiple times but that never happened. I was told that I would get a call from the ticketing department, but that never happened. I was told that I would get a call back from the rates department, that never happened. I was told that it would cost $3000 per person to change our tickets and then later told by someone else that it's not possible to change our tickets. I was told that I would be transferred to a supervisor twice and each time I was being "transferred", the agent hung up on me.

I have called their customer service number 10-12 times and have been on hold for at least 1 hour each time before someone has answered. That’s a total of 12 hours I have wasted being on hold, even though I’ve been told by Lufthansa multiple times that a supervisor would be calling me back. Rather, I should say that I’ve been lied to by their company. If the airline never changed our flight in the first place, none of this would have ever happened. The headache and heartache is not worth it! My recommendation is NEVER FLY LUFTHANSA!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Horrible online service for changing flights and very poor customer service. Charged me around 15000 US dollars for changing the departure 2 days earlier. They basically issue a whole new ticket and it was not clear at all that there will be charges about 3600$ per ticket/business,

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

From the beginning this was a disaster. SeaTac girl at desk kept running my card. I called my bank. They said nothing reported denied. My daughter said run as credit. Bank stayed on the phone. Ok. Daughter went to get her debit card. Finally someone else helped her and got it approved. The gal then said, this was extra for our dog travel. (My dog is emotional support.) I am 76. We then waited for our receipt, about 15 min. different gal said "can I help you". The other girl had us stand there waiting for our receipt but she left the receipt on the desk and left us waiting. Other gal handed us the receipt.

We boarded the plane but had to step aside while the gal had to clear us. Oh yes this is Business class!!! Now about our dogs. Common sense would have been helpful. Dog is screaming. Having a panic attack, I am sure passengers hated hearing. All it would have taken was to hold him. Small dog does not shed. Hyperallergic. The reason was passengers might be allergic. This is a older dog. Loved very much. So the screaming went on for over hour. My heart broke, and as well my daughter's. She was sure he would die of a heart attack. The stewardess, was rude and said she would call the captain. My daughter tried to calm him by lifting his carrier closer to her. She had to set him back down. Poor judgement. Cruelty. Never again.

Original review: July 8, 2021

On June 2021, me and my wife flew from Dammam to USA using Business Class on Lufthansa. We were shocked to see how bad Lufthansa is. When dining started, the flight attendant put the small white cover on each passenger table. But when she came to our tables, she handed us the white covers and asked us to put it ourselves!!!! They served us 2 meals, each, in this flight. Both 2 meals were exactly the same. When we asked them to change the second meal as we just had the exactly same meal a while ago, they said we dont have any!!! The only good part of this flight was the nice treatment we had at the ground service in Dammam airport.

Lufthansa Company Information