Lufthansa

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I'd like to open a formal complaint against Mr ** who made my flight from São Paulo to Frankfurt (LH 507 - 03/04) a living hell. When I got the boarding card for this flight I wasn't informed that the seat that I previously booked for 90 EUR had changed. As I got in the airplane I asked Mr. ** what had happened as I booked that seat (27A) for being window and I wasn't happy to be moved to the middle because is extremely uncomfortable.

Mr. ** kept repeating that the 27A was broken and I had to be moved to 27E. I understood the situation, however I was trying to show my disappointment and, instead of being sympathetic, he robotically repeated the same answer, not even trying to apologise. In the end, he just turned his back leaving me talking alone. Even the passengers around me looked astonished with his behavior. When I tried to talk to a different cabin crew member, he interrupted and ask me to sit as the plane was about to take off.

I had nothing else to do unless to get to that seat. I got very frustrated with this situation and before the plane landed in Frankfurt I asked to take note of Mrs. ** name on the badge. That's when everything started. After that, he went twice on my seat: first asking if I am Brazilian, which I confirmed and he replied with what seemed to be a very racist smirk. In the second time, he asked for my boarding card. I inquired what he needs it for and why I was the only one who he asked it. He was very vague saying that was only to "wrote something". I couldn't believe that it was happening! My documents were in the bag. I told him that I would give it to him once that we landed.

When it happened, with everybody leaving, I thought that I finally got rid of that embarrassing situation, when I after a minute I was stopped by a federal police female running in my direction. I was the ONLY one who got stopped. I asked the reason of it and she said it was normal. Then I asked if it was related to a cabin crew staff which She didn't answer and gave my passport back.

I am totally shocked with what happened!! First I had my pre booked changed without any warn, then I have to deal with Mr. ** being rude and not willing to assist me. After that he start harass me asking for my documents and send a federal police to check my passport?!? After 12 hours flight, I feel totally invaded and humiliated for this horrible behaviour! It just an unacceptable situation and something has to be done against Mr. ** whose conduct is below than unprofessional! I also requested his information in order to take a legal action against him and the company.

I booked the 6 round trip tickets for the entire family, 2 adults and 4 kids from LAX to Cairo for 2 months tickets. And she spent fair time over the phone with me to go through best offer on these dates and I confirmed the both dates and destinations many times. Then the next day I call and confirmed the date and process the payment for all tickets over $4500.

Then after one week my oldest daughter realized she need to change her ticket only for the departure date so, my wife called and they told her this are not possible without a fine which was fine so, I called Lufthansa to pay this fine fee and I found that all 6 tickets was wrong and the Agent swapped between the airports and instead of flying from LAX to Cairo it was Flying from Cairo to Lax and the other way back to Egypt. I really don't know how this could happen, especially I was clear that I am from Los Angeles area and my address and credit cards from LA, so they offered me to switch the tickets with no fine. I have to pay additional $4600 so, the tickets will be over $9000. Otherwise I will lose the entire tickets.

Me and my husband, we took the flights LH463, MIA-FRA, 10FEB17 and LH1298, FRA-IST, 11FEB17. Because I am pregnant and I have gestational diabetes, I cannot eat everything. So when the food service came to us, there was only pasta option. I said "I cannot eat that." The cabin crew helped me and found me a meal that contains proteins, and they said that "For the return flight if you contact to Miami Lufthansa office, they will help you with the very special menu." This part is fine.

Then before our flight back to Istanbul, we had contacted Miami Lufthansa 3 times. First staff said that she will put a note about the special menu but I have to check 1 day after. We said ok. Then we called again. The other staff said that we should call 24 hours before the flight for the special requests, but she said she will put a note on the system. We accepted and called 24 hours before the flight. That time was the disaster. The stupid girl on the phone kept me 1 hour on the phone then she said it is less than 24 hours and she cannot get my request!!!

She was literally incapable and she does not know what she is doing. At the end of our 1 hour conversation, when she said that she cannot take a special meal request because of timing, I got mad!!! Then she talked with the supervisor and confirmed my request. (At least she told me so.) 1 day after we went to the airport, I asked to the counter about a special request. Can you imagine there was not a single note on the system!!! The ground services staff helped me and contacted with the cabin crew, and I had seafood menu. I had mentioned to that girl maybe 10 times, what I can eat, what I cannot eat... Anyway, that was really disappointing for me and stressful. You are on a 10 hour flight, and you may not able to eat anything.

Don't keep these kind of staff for the brand reputation. Anyway, I have another flight for the 8th of March. I will not book on Lufthansa definitely!!! After I posted that on Facebook page of Lufthansa, instead of finding a solution, they asked me to delete the post!!! They started to argue with me on social media, can you believe that?

In Los Angeles my flight was delayed 4 hours - I was treated well and flight staff very accommodating... that's where the positive experience ends. I travel regularly for business domestically and have come to expect a certain elevated level of customer service. Flight was cancelled on return out of Berlin. I arrived early at the airport. An official asked me to stand by the check-in desk that I would be helped. I speak German and kept checking in that they not forget about me. They let a couple get seats and another passenger and then told me I had to go to another gate flight was full. Mind you my company paid 1st class fare 1 way!

I went to the next gate. Was told flight left and told to go to another gate... about 4 hours had gone by - no seating. I threw my suitcase to the ground and raised my voice in German cursing the pathetic customer treatment. The agent I first met approached asking me to calm down - I replied - I tried that approach and look where it got me... 4 hours later. I was eventually booked on another airline... middle seat... etc. I will never fly Lufthansa again - they used to be the standard... their ground support in Berlin is the worst I have ever experienced.

Short: I was offered to upgrade my flight from Economy to Premium economy for the flight from Frankfurt to Boston. I agreed and paid. The option I got was worse than the original option, I couldn't return to my original option neither on the website nor by phone. I wasted a lot of time on the phone waiting for the support forever, got bad options, and had to give up due to long phone conversation. I recommend avoid Lufthansa unless you absolutely have no choice. In addition, they have the worst ever distance between the seats. Long people should avoid them if they value their knees.

Longer: I purchased a seat selection option as I can sleep only near windows. During my flight from Boston I have noticed that the leg room is so small, I got my knees injured by the front seat and almost ruined my left knee when the passenger in front of me decided to recline. I am 6'4'' tall but I am not that unusually spectacular tall to be squashed so much on the intercontinental flight. That is when I realized that getting an upgrade is health saving. I accepted the web offer to upgrade to Premium economy. Well, I paid for the seat selection when I purchased the original tickets, and the website proposed I would be able to change the seat as soon as I purchased the upgrade. I paid, and the website informed me I cannot select seats anymore! Moreover, I cannot get back to my previous selection. (By the way, the website is not good, it is much worse than any other airlines I flied with, it is hard to find your flight, get status etc.).

I called them and after some waiting and my second attempt I finally reached an operator. She said indeed, only middle seats are available, no upgrades, no refunds. I asked if there is a business class upgrade possible as I won't be able to sleep on the flight and she put me on hold forever. After 15 minutes of listening to music that is always the same with some pauses between the music sessions, I hung up as the call became too expensive. I have a roaming deal with AT&T but it is like $1/minute. I am extremely unhappy. I am a very frequent traveler with 2-digits number of flights per year and I have never been treated so badly. This is my last flight with Lufthansa, period. I also advise to avoid them until they start treating their customers like humans.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

In December last year I travelled with Lufthansa to Singapore via Frankfurt from Birmingham with my mother, then aged 89. Although she is mobile, at her age she finds standing and walking for any distance difficult so I telephoned after booking as suggested on the website and was advised that I could and should arrange wheelchair assistance for her. When we boarded the flight at Birmingham I double checked with the cabin staff that this was known and was assured that 'we are aware'.

On arrival at Frankfurt the plane was out on a stand some distance from the terminal. I waited some time with my mother, as this is usual when in receipt of assistance but when no-one seemed to be coming I asked the flight attendant and was told that I would need to escort my mother myself down the steps (which I had, when booking, established she was able to manage with help) and onto the passenger bus. This was by this time full and it was only with the help of other passengers that my mother was able to board it and have a seat.

On arrival at the terminal I assumed that there would be some assistance but there was only a man ushering the buses in and out who seemed to speak no English. I notice from another reviewer on this site that she had a similar experience and was simply waved in the direction of 'a lady in a suit' who said it wasn't her responsibility but someone would probably come: if they didn't I could grab a wheelchair if there was one around and push my mother through myself. Since time was short for the transfer I was unwilling to do this, preferring to have official assistance which ensures a fast passage through queues, check-ins etc.

After a rather nervous and uncomfortable wait a wheelchair did arrive with an official and we were rushed through the terminal to our connecting flight. There was no time for a toilet visit or to collect water for the flight so although I was grateful to get there in time it was not the most comfortable start to a long journey for either of us, particularly for my elderly mother. My disappointment with Lufthansa, however, is mostly to do with how they have handled my complaint. This had to be made initially through their own site, there seeming to be no email address or postal address in the UK for contacting them. Their first response was an email clearly referring to a different complaint as it mentioned Larnaca airport.

Although they expressed regret at the lack of service they made the point that sometimes there are no wheelchairs available and that buggy transport would have been better. When I responded to this email pointing out that a) I had not been in Larnaca airport and b) I had never been offered the option of buggy transport I was astonished to receive a phone call at 7.30 am pretty much restating the same point. Finding this less than satisfactory I wrote to Lufthansa in Germany and again today have had a phone call expressing regret but failing to give me any reassurance that I wouldn't have the same problem if I flew with them again. When the agent attempted to 'sign off' the complaint I asked that they would write to me so that I could at least pass the apology on to my mother.

Having been assured that this would happen, I then received another email (which is not what I mean by a written apology) which says: "We agree that in such event, it is absolutely understandable that you want to be provided with efficient and reliable transfer services. However, kindly allow us to explain that due to the distance and number of passengers requiring assistance in such a large airport where gates can be very far apart, the use of buggy services is the most practical and efficient way of ensuring passengers meet connections and be transferred as quickly as possible.

"Furthermore, transit services are provided at the airport in order to ensure quick gate to gate transport. Unfortunately wheelchair requests cannot always honoured due to availability." Again, I would point out that there was no buggy service offered at any time at Frankfurt airport.: if it had been we would have used it willingly as we have on other occasions with other carriers and at other airports. "

The rest of the flight service was fine. Fortunately we carried empty water bottles which a very helpful FA on the second leg was able to fill quite soon after takeoff, and also fortunately my mother was able to manage without toilet facilities for the two hours plus between disembarkation at Frankfurt and the seatbelt signs going off after takeoff - I think many elderly passengers would not have been so continent!

I'm really angry and frustrated how Lufthansa have (not) taken care about my luggage. On Saturday January 7th I had the evening flight from Sibiu to Munich. Lufthansa decided not to take my luggage to Munich. My furiosity comes from the way the problem started and how badly and unprofessional it was solved later on.

I spoke the ground steward when I went into the plane and she even told me that Lufthansa didn't send all the luggage the day before so they had sent a bigger plane. Also, a friend of mine who have worked for the airport of Sibiu told me that Lufthansa chooses to overbook and when this happens they choose not to take luggage from passenger. Reason is that they can take more passengers because of weight limitations.

It was a hell to get my luggage back because the call center (which they use to make mistakes and have no possibility to influence the process and the employees at the airport) were almost impossible to speak. Lufthansa promised me to get the bag from Sibiu to Munich next day and try to deliver it that evening in Austria where I was at a ski holiday for 3 days. In practice Lufthansa took the bag from Sibiu to Munich in 48 hours and didn't bring the bag the same evening to Munich or even the next day. They delivered the bag against all promises in to Berlin on Wednesday because I assume this was cheaper for them than bringing it to Tirol. So I got my bag after 4 days back and at the end of my ski holiday.

More in detail, I called the call center on Monday and told them that if the bag would come that evening it should be brought to Tirol and if came later it should be brought to Berlin because I would have left Tirol. I have asked to repeat what we have agreed so the call center agent knew exactly what we had agreed. Somebody else changed the agreement we had to something in their own interest. Also, Lufthansa refuses to contact you. You can only call and there are very long waiting times. A call can take 10 - 15 minutes waiting before you finally speak to somebody at the call center and for the airport you need to try to call 15 to 20 times to reach an agent one time. I will try not to fly with Lufthansa anymore because they make business decisions which bring them better financial result but will spoil holidays of their customers.

It's been 2 months since I contacted customer service at Lufthansa regarding my ticket purchasing experience. On October 20th 2016 I purchased 2 tickets and received booking details with tickets attached with booking code: **. One week later I noticed payments for the tickets was missing on visa. Called the company and was told there was "An internal mistake" and tickets weren't booked and I have to pay additional 100$ to buy new tickets. I purchased tickets for additional 100$ and was sent those tickets again with same booking number, **. I contacted customer relationships and received feedback ID ** with a promise "To be contacted soon".

It's been 2 months and despite my attempts to get in touch with customer service no one contacted me. No one cares at Lufthansa about customer's experience and no one cares to call a client to tell them they actually do not have tickets and "it was a joke when we sent you your booking details with tickets because this is how we treat people here at Lufthansa." And if you don't check your visa don't be surprised at the airport at the date of the flight. "We do not care to pick up the phone and let you know. We simply don't care about you."

To explain the incident in more detail Flight from Denver-Berlin via Munich. Checked in one luggage, 31 pounds. Arrived in Berlin, there was no luggage - filed with Lufthansa. Luggage arrived 2 days later but 3/4 empty. Lufthansa decided that since I don't have receipts for stolen items they will not do anything about it. I am sorry, I checked in my bag and expected it to arrive secure. As a customer facing organization I feel that timely provision of these basic functions is not unreasonable to expect, therefore I would appreciate a response to my correspondence within three days with the offer of a resolution. To rectify this matter I would like compensation for stolen items. But in return I got an email:

"Thank you for your response. Since baggage is channeled through various points which include governmental agency and security checkpoints, it is not possible to determine exactly where the loss occurred. Please understand that airline liability for items declared missing from checked baggage is limited; standard practice is to offer reimbursement for eligible items against original documentation/receipts when a written report is made within seven days of arrival. Credit card statements may serve as verification of these items with individually itemized identification as to price, ownership and location of purchase.

In all cases, reimbursement is only offered against submission of substantiating ownership and value of the items. You have stated that such receipts are unavailable, and we are therefore unable to honor your request for financial compensation. Thank you for the opportunity to clarify Lufthansa's position in this matter and please be assured that your baggage claim has been afforded careful consideration." How unprofessional and frustrating is that? I went to the Police in my hometown (I was traveling via car from Berlin to Poland), Sworn document which obviously did not make any difference.

This is worst airline experience in my 42 years of using airlines worldwide. This occurred at approx. 11:45 p.m. IST on December 13, 2016 for Lufthansa Flt. No. 8907 departing Delhi at 3:30 a.m. on Dec. 14, 2016. Desk clerk at Lufthansa check-in desk at Delhi refused me a boarding pass for my flight home. I was in possession of the following documents and presented them to the clerk: Indian Passport, USA Green Card, I-797 Green Card Extension Letter (USA Gov't Issue). I was denied a boarding pass for my fight, because Lufthansa said that they did not recognize the Green Card Extension letter. Although this flight was provided by Lufthansa, it is a United code share flight which makes it United.

Lufthansa, on behalf of United, does not recognize USA Government documents? Whomever heard of such a thing? The United office at the Delhi airport was closed because the United flight leaves Delhi at 11:30. I was told by the Lufthansa clerk that there was nothing they could do to help me. I was stranded in the middle of the night at Delhi Airport. I called United, and they put me on their Flight No. 83 on December 14, 2016 at 11:30 pm. There were no documents' issues at the check-in counter for the United flight. The worst part was the mental anguish I experienced by being told by the Lufthansa staff that they would not let me board my flight home. The feeling was one of complete devastation and I will never forget that moment.

Flying from Amsterdam to Philadelphia I had a stopover in Frankfurt (both flights from Lufthansa). The flight to Frankfurt was delayed, therefore the connection flight to Philadelphia already left when we landed. I was put on another flight and landed with 9 hours delay. On the 14th of October I've made an inquiry at the customer support about the described above, an automatic reply stated that I would have a reply within 1 week.

In the meantime I've wrote 2 more emails and 3 messages on facebook towards Lufthansa asking about the status of the inquiry. The only response I get on Facebook is that I will be helped ASAP. Currently, I'm waiting for nearly 2 months without having had any response on the raised question. Does anyone has advice in what to do? Thanks.

In the last 6 months I had at least one return flight per month with Lufthansa and I was usually satisfied with their cheap flights and never thought I'll have to get in the queue of complaints. It simply seemed it'll never happen to me. I bought a return ticket from Manchester to Bucharest. I intentionally bought the return ticket with the top economy option to be able to cancel it because I knew I may need it. Unfortunately after 3 re-bookings (for which I paid additional 100 pounds) I understood clearly that I'll not be able to use the return ticket. As a result I called Lufthansa in order to obtain that cancellation fee (because exactly for that I upgraded my return ticket).

When I called them, they told me I'll receive my money in 2 weeks. I called them 2 weeks later and they told to wait a little bit more. I called them in 4 weeks and I find out that I should've bought both tickets with full economy option in order to be able to get the refund for any of it. So now the question, why am I allowed to buy the option if it cannot be applicable? I think that's a easy court case. And I'll avoid flying with Lufthansa at all costs.

Lufthansa has a 48-hour "fare guarantee" you can take advantage of if you find a flight you want at a good price, but need more time to come back and pay for it. If you don't complete the purchase within 48 hours, they cancel the booking (completely) from their system and charge your credit card on file a penalty fee of €30. So, naturally their computer sends you a reminder email at some point during those 48 hours, right? Something like "don't forget to complete your purchase." Right? Like they do when their system automatically reminds you it's time to check-in for your flight? Guess again.

The very first communication you receive is exactly 48 hours later, and it's an email that could be paraphrased as "GOTCHA! HA HA!" You literally don't even have one minute to complete the purchase -- you just lost €30 and your booking is cancelled. Sit with this for a minute; this is not by accident. Lufthansa decided, at some level of management, that this is how you do business. It's called BAD FAITH. It's how tricksters operate. Shame on Lufthansa.

Updated on 12/02/2016: It happened again. Lufthansa canceled my reservation and sent me a notice AFTER cancellation, saying I had lost €30. I called the customer service number, asked to be transferred to a supervisor, and gave my reservation code: **. He gave me his ID: ** (David). I asked him why I had not received a reminder email to complete the purchase within 48 hours, before cancellation and forfeiture of €30. He said that a reminder email has been sent an hour earlier. I asked if he could please re-send that reminder e-mail, as I had not received it. He said "no," and added that it would not be worth my time to take legal action against Lufthansa to prove whether such an email had been sent or not.

Essentially, he was admitting that he had lied earlier about the reminder email being sent. My question to Lufthansa is: is this really how you want to treat customers? Telling customers: "yes, we have acted in bad faith, but it will cost you more in lawyers to straighten this out than it is worth," is that really how you want people to think of your brand?

Our experience recently with Lufthansa has been terrible and would not recommend to anyone. Lufthansa denied us to board the flight even though there was enough time (almost hour and a half for us to board). There was no mention on Itinerary that flight was operated by United and the staff kept misleading us to different terminals and that wasted lot of our time, even though we were at right terminals. There was no refund and rather we had to be penalized for new tickets.

Firstly, their dreadful website doesn't allow one to complain via email (page loads stating 'Access Denied'). We bought tickets via a third party website (Priceline) and we called immediately to upgrade our seats for our Frankfurt to Los Angeles flight. One assistant informed us that United had to assist, we called United who told us you had to assist. We called you back and you told us to call the next day. We did and one of your assistants said the price to upgrade to Premium Economy was $650 (approx). We agreed we would call back the next day (yesterday) to book. We called last night and another assistant informed us that your rates department would have to send us an email containing the upgrade price and we have 3 days to confirm. We expected the price to be around $650 but he said it could be cheaper.

I got the email this morning. It contained no price. It told me to call urgently. I called. Your assistant informed me the price is $2500!!! Are you kidding me?! I spoke to the manager on offer. He blabbered on about a cash upgrade not being available. We went back and forth and nothing got resolved and he was most unhelpful. I simply want to upgrade my wife and I on the Frankfurt to LA flight and expect a reasonable price as offered by the first assistant I spoke with. Furthermore, the website offers seat choice for FREE but it's impossible to find a free seat. They all cost $35. This has been a very very disappointing experience thus far. For an airline with such credibility, this is nothing short of scandalous. I look forward to being offered either the $650 upgrade to Premium Economy or a FREE seating choice as displayed on the website.

I tried to work with Lufthansa for months (3 months to be exact). First, I called them several times. Each time I was on hold for 45 minutes, if not more. I finally got through on one of those calls and explained the situation with wrong charges on my credit card statement. They advised me to email the customer support as “it is the fasted and best way to resolve the issue” and “they will be able to correct the issue and provide me with copies of my receipts”. Three months later, I still have $3200 on my credit card instead of $400 I was quoted when I rebooked the tickets.

I cannot believe this is happening and there is nothing can be done: this airline has billing issues and the worst customer support I've ever seen. It took them more than a month to provide me with a generic response that nothing they can do for me and the charges were made in accordance with the company's policies. It took multiple emails to get that and they still did not address my concerns and request for the proof of purchase. The second response from Lufthansa came within couple of hours when I send them one of many follow-up emails and said that I will file a complaint with federal regulators. It is simply wrong to do things like that to travelers.

On September 16th, 2016 I was returning home to Canada from Zagreb, Croatia. It was flight #1713 (Lufthansa) Air Dolomiti. The plane was very late and everything was rushed when arriving in Munich to make my connecting flight to Canada (flight #494) Instead of having time to easily connect to my (Lufthansa) plane for Canada… I had to run like a marathon runner to make it on time. I watched as other individuals, much older than me (75+) were running alongside me!

I was upset! This is TOTALLY unacceptable for your planes to be THIS late without informing the passengers as to the reason why or EVEN that it was going to happen! What if this very long stressed run precipitated a heart attack on someone!!! I have always like Lufthansa as an Airline BUT this makes me think twice, to perhaps consider another Airline. A fair number of other people, continuing on to Canada (having been on your plane with me) felt the same way. This has tarnished my overall memory of this trip.

My flight got delayed at Frankfurt airport (FRA-SJC) because of a security incident at the airport. First off, the airport staff was completely lost. They had no PA system. Some confused airport staff directing people in random direction. Finally a guy comes up and says "I feel sorry for you and sorry for myself". Half of the people cannot hear what he is saying because he has no PA system; just shouting at the top of his lungs.

Finally, after over 3 hours delay (we were provided no water or food) I manage to board my flight. So many people missed their flights. A flight attendant tells me mid-flight that my baggage is not on the flight. What??? I filed a lost baggage claim at the SJC airport on arrival. I was told that I would get the baggage next day. Nothing! I keep calling the San Jose airport and Lufthansa customer service. Nothing!!!

Finally after a week they ask me to send them an email with the contents list (PDF) of the baggage. I turn that in promptly. I call them next day and they tell me they haven't received it. Seriously??? It's been 15 days. They have no idea where my bag is, they don't have the contents list. (I sent 2 emails already.) How more inefficient can you get? Someone or the entire airlines is not doing their job right! What a lame airline. I WILL NEVER EVER FLY LUFTHANSA AGAIN!!! Also, if I don't get my bag I am filing a small claims case against them. They will wake up after they get a summon from the court.

We got to Frankfurt from Toronto with 4 hrs delay on July 29th. After spending another 4 hrs in Frankfurt, finally we left with no luggage. I spent 3 hrs of my 16 days in Frankfurt looking and calling Lufthansa and had no luck. On my 5th day in Germany, I received one bag and still after more than a month I am waiting for the other one. I did not have any clothing or any shoes and not even my gifts for my family.

I am looking for two days to reserve a aisle seat for my upcoming trip. The site, (seat reservation) on manage my bookings, is closed for the last couple of days. Today I called them and I was told that I have to pay $70.00 for the seats. I travel with my wife. Now I asked, "Why $70.00 when to reserve one seat is $35.00. The second one isn't classified as premium as it is a middle seat."

"Mister", I was called, "you want a aisle seat for yourself and a seat for your wife next to you. You reserve two seats". "Yes" I replied, "but my wife's seat next to mine isn't classified as premium. After all you owe us seats in this fly or the price we paid is for a stand-up flight?" "No, no mister" he replied, "just for requesting to seat next to your wife is considered a 'reserved' seat." Then of course, I have read how they separated a 4 years baby from his parents, a 90 years woman away from her daughter, etc. How our God isn't punishes them for this? How are they allowed to do business in this country? How much do they bribe out officials and representatives that they get away with thinks like this?

Lufthansa cancelled consecutive flights because not enough tickets were sold. This made me lose the connections, the booked hotel and the meetings. The flights never even got planned and they knew in advance but noticed me and the passengers 10 minutes before departure with an ironic sms "your flight is cancelled, please find an alternative". Very bad service and very bad taste.

Been waiting months for a response to a customer service request. Worst customer service I have ever experienced. It doesn't exist!! On hold for special hotline number that is suppose to clear up backlog... Been on hold 20 minutes and no response. Going to fly another carrier.

I had to edit my departure date due to a death in the family and Lufthansa told me that it would a $450 charge, I accepted that charge. When we received our credit card statement we noticed that they had charged us the $450 and without our approval they also charged us $4,401. After 2 weeks of emails and 2 hours on hold, I finally got in contact with "Kevin". He told me that he can't help me because it's Lufthansa's policy to charge for a new ticket whenever you make changes to your ticket! I have contacted my credit card company, and neither I, nor my family will ever fly with Lufthansa again!

I flew with them before and didn't have a lot of issues. This time I booked a flight with Lufthansa and somehow they just decided to cancel my flight without even notifying me. I have been calling them past 4 weeks and sent so many emails however they did not get back to me. Every time I call, I get someone new and all they tell me is they are reviewing my case. Several of their customer service agent admits that they have cancelled my flight by error however, they were still not able to resolve my issue. I am flying in couple weeks and I am hoping that someone will contact me before that or they will just refund my money due to cancellation. I highly doubt that Lufthansa is even reading this reviews but if they do my case number is **.

My outboard journey From UK to CA Via Frankfurt. I would like you to be aware of what happened to myself at the airport in Frankfurt on May 3, 2016. I know that Lufthansa is a very reputable airline and, after having talked to another representative from your airline, they encouraged me to write to you directly to let you know what transpired and our concerns about it.

I am a 75-year old person who needs wheelchair assistance within the airport in order to make her connections. Knowing that I needed additional wheelchair assistance, I made sure that everything was in place as well as ensuring I was flying business class to give myself more room due to limited mobility. When I came to Frankfurt (May 3) on flight LH901, the airline did not pull up to a bay but ended the flight on the tarmac. Unfortunately, what happened was that I was not met with any wheelchair assistance at this point of time and waited patiently on the plane for further instructions since I knew I needed to be the last person off the plane if assistance was being given.

When no wheelchair appeared, I was asked to leave the plane and a stewardess helped me down the steps and into the last bus, which was taking passengers to the main terminal. The bus was full and fortunately one of the passengers (a woman) stood up so I could take a seat. The stewardess said that the driver would look after me at the other side. However, when I arrived at the terminal and everyone left the bus, the driver did help me down but he did not speak English. He indicated a lady in the terminal. When I approached this lady she said it was nothing to do with her but she would contact the people concerned. She told me to take a seat and phoned. She said someone would come and she then continued to work.

At this point another couple arrived also needing a chair. The first lady rang again and said that someone would be on their way. A suited lady who worked for the assistance program turned up and at first could not find my name for booking for a wheelchair. I knew that I had arranged this and showed her my ticket. The suited lady then found my name and said not to worry. The wheelchairs are coming and she had ordered two. This lady then left after she had given Mary this information. The other passenger (part of the couple) asked me to look after her bag when she went to the washroom. Her husband at this point was wandering around. Upon her return, I needed to use the washroom so asked the woman to look after my bag. When I came back the couple had gone and my bag was on the seat.

I was now getting very concerned that I was going to be late for her next flight to Canada. My connection time was 1 hour and 25 minutes. At this point, at least 25 minutes had already passed. I waited again and another suited lady turned up, spoke to me, made a phone call then went away. At this point the original suited lady turned up and it is 1:00 pm Frankfurt time. I said that my flight was at 1:30 pm and made it very clear that I was very concerned about making this connecting flight. The suited lady said "Don't worry, it is on its way" and she implied that "there was no problem with getting you there for your flight on time". Shortly after (1:10 pm), an electric cart appeared and I was told to get on it. I then thought I would be taken straight to the gate.

Off went the cart and the driver stopped at several points (where there were actually empty chairs) and she chatted to these colleagues. A couple of them got on the cart at various points and had a lift to the next place. I was then driven to another area, which appeared to be the assist company's booking office and waiting area. The driver had not spoken to me and I was simply told get off and go to take a seat and have a coffee. By now, I knew that it was after 1:30 pm and that I had missed her flight.

I was now sitting in an armchair with a cup of coffee and the agent came over and said that they can rebook me on the flight tomorrow. They said they would put me in a hotel overnight. My answer was "No way. I am on my own. How am I getting to the hotel? Who is there to assist me? Who will be there to bring me back tomorrow?" The agent said they would pay for it all as if it was no problem. I refused to take this offer since there were too many things that could go wrong.

The agent went back to her desk and came back with another possibility. She said they could get me on a later flight (Lufthansa?) which arrived after midnight in Vancouver. I said "I would have missed the ferry and would be stuck in Vancouver. Can't you get me to Victoria since that is my final destination." The agent comment was "Where is Victoria?" I explained it was on Vancouver Island and that was why I needed a ferry and help. At this point the agent threw her hands up in the air and went back to her desk.

I then sat there for a while longer with her coffee and a lovely little Asian girl appeared with a wheelchair. This girl said: "We are taking you to the Lufthansa office where they have more access to other flights." Although I was sitting in a chair and the office desk was quite high. They first offered me the later flight to Vancouver and I explained why that was not possible since I would need to get a ferry and the ferries would have stopped running by that time. They asked where the ferries would be going and I told them Victoria and they said "Why don't we get you directly to Victoria?" I said that would be great.

Since Lufthansa is an air alliance member with Air Canada and it was obvious that the flight was booked through Air Canada, the agents then got onto the phone to see if there was an Air Canada flight leaving from Frankfurt that day and getting into Victoria. They were on the phone for about 30 minutes and came up with a plan. I was to take AC 877 at 5:15 pm (Frankfurt time) arriving in Toronto at 7:30 pm (Toronto time) then connecting onto AC 191 leaving at 9:05 pm arriving in Vancouver at 11:18 pm (Victoria time). I had arranged for wheelchair assistance again for returning flights.

My return journey From Ca to UK Via Frankfurt. 23.05.16. Victoria to Vancouver. Was collected via a wheelchair and taken to the plane. Vancouver to Frankfurt. Travelling from Victoria to Vancouver. When I arrived on this section of my journey I was taken off the plane and taken to Hospitality/VIP Lounge, I was then collected and taken to plane to catch the flight from Vancouver to Frankfurt.

24.05.16. Having arrived in Frankfurt. I was taken by wheelchair to the airport centre and given a red card. I then got put on an electric golf style buggy having shown the Red Card to the gate where my plane would be eventually departing from. Was left there with NO access to a drink or toilet facilities even though I was travelling First/Business class. I was expecting to be taken into the hospitality/VIP lounge. Instead to my disgust, I had to try and make my own way to the point of boarding, when the man on reception took one look at me and immediately let me through with my Red Card. I still had to walk down to the plane and the Airhostess had to catch me as I nearly fell on entry into the plane.

On arrival at Heathrow, was eventually met by a man with a wheelchair, who took me again to an electric buggy with two other passengers. We were taken across the terminal and through customs. We then went to baggage reclaim, I saw my bag and told the man. So he said "never mind. It would come round again", and he went in search of a wheel chair. As the luggage trollies were to hand out, I went to get one, and turned round to see the driver of the electric buggy disappearing leaving me and the two other elderly passengers, one in a wheel chair, to reclaim our own baggage and make our way out. I don't know how I managed but I got my bag off the conveyor belt. I then proceeded to exit, pushing my trolley to where my son-in-law was waiting. He saw me and jumped over the barrier to help.

What is wheel chair assist? When I was travelling to Australia and in fact on my prior visit to Canada, I was met and taken from the check in desk to the arrival point every time by an aide with a wheel chair. I was lucky that I can walk short distances. I don't know how someone else would cope such as those with no sight.

Having complained to FRA Services at Frankfurt airport they have made me aware that the wheel chair assistance I was booked for was WCHR. And I should have been asked by Lufthansa at the check in desk in the UK and Vancouver what form of wheel chair assistance I needed e.g. Could I climb stairs. In my case no. Therefore I should have been down as having WCHS (Wheel Chair Assistance Stairs). Lufthansa never put me in the VIP Lounge or even asked if I would like to go there even though I was booked business class. The service provided by Lufthansa and Frankfurt airport was disgraceful.

We booked round trip flight from San jose to Bangalore. While flying back from Bangalore to Frankfurt, all of us got random seat locations. My kids were not comfortable seating with strangers. While booking it was told that since we booked six tickets under one reservation code, we would get seats together but may not be preferred seating. That was OK for us as long as we get seats together with kids. They would not do anything and could not justify why they gave so random seats when reservation was made under one code.

I booked 3 ticket from Ankara to Munich for LH1787 at April 27, 2016. The flight was cancelled without any excuse less than 36 hours and Lufthansa did not offer alternative flight for us (actually there was one flight). I requested refund of cancelled and I wrote many time to Lufthansa but they did not refund. There were only 8 people and they cancelled that flight. It was not profitable. They are liar and unreliable.

I traveled aboard Lufthansa Airlines from Los Angeles, USA to Rome, Italy; round trip on June 1, 2016 and returned June 11, 2016. On the return flight to Los Angeles the in-flight service was atrocious and abusive. Two Flight attendants, ** are unprofessional and lack customer service skills. These flight attendants rolled their eyes to passengers requesting complimentary drinks; one passenger was scolded for requesting water; after requesting coffee. Flight Attendant ** told the passenger that she should have requested both the water and the coffee at the same time!

I was discussing the lack of customer service with another passenger, and Ms. ** rambunctiously came at me yelling, “We’ll see what the purser has to say, we’ll let him settle this.” She was literally a bully. While Ms. ** continued in-flight service, Ms. ** sprayed me in the face twice, while opening carbonated drinks. Once could possibly be a mistake, but twice; deliberate and measured.

I strongly encourage Lufthansa Airlines to instruct their flight personnel to stay at home if they are having a bad day or do not feel like coming to work. Flight Attendants ** are at the front line of Lufthansa Airlines – this is an enormous liability to the entity. I will not be using Lufthansa another time; I will not pay to be ill-treated by angry women.

I booked three tickets on Lufthansa own website for my pregnant wife and my cousin and I from Amsterdam to Budapest on 3 June. The trip experience was horrible. Our flight departed from Amsterdam after one hour delay, therefore we cannot catch the connecting flight in Frankfurt. We were re-booked in Frankfurt for a flight at 16.20 (after 4 hours) and given 10 euro per person meal voucher. In fact, this voucher was only valid for hot meal which means the bakeries in the airport didn't accept. We had to spend extra 30 euro to have lunch in a hot meal restaurant. In the afternoon, we were about to get on board but we were told that the flight was cancelled due to the defect of the plane. We had to walk all the way out of the security check to the check-in counter to get re-booked again to a flight at 21.30 (after 5 hours).

While we asked for a full compensation for dinner, Lufthansa staff refused and was so arrogant that threw a booklet to me and said "you can find your traveler right in this book. if you are not happy, go find a lawyer and lawsuit us. Now leave the desk. There are many people need to re-book." I can't believe these words were said by a service company. I believe I didn't ask for something too much but just a full compensation for dinner. We were supposed to be in Budapest around 2 pm but in the end we arrived in Budapest almost midnight. I have claimed the compensation following the small booklet. However, it was rejected by Lufthansa with a very simple reason: bad weather, fog. I think Lufthansa must have a very strong legal team therefore they can totally ignore the customer experience. I have flew with more than 10 airlines, and Lufthansa was the worst. I will never fly with Lufthansa again in my life.

I have been a Lufthansa Miles & More customer for a while - as I am a Silver Member of British Airways and a cardholder of Alitalia. This is to say that I have experienced widely different service, and Lufthansa can qualify as a joke. I contacted the customer care in 2 circumstances: once because I lost my PIN, another time to book a mileage flight (because the website was another joke, but let's not get into that). In the first instance I called the customer service, who asked me for a bunch of data only to tell me that they will mail me (yes, mail me, not 'email me') the PIN and that would take almost 3 weeks.

In the second instance after yet again another long wait on the phone, the customer care person told me that a mileage flight to London would cost me like 3 Easyjet flights on the same distance because of allegedly 'airport taxes'. When I asked to understand more, she rudely replied that that was the rule and I could make my choices as I pleased, as that was not her problem. The result is that accumulating miles with Lufthansa not only doesn't give you any benefits of any kind in terms of flights, but it doesn't even qualify for basic human courtesy.

Lufthansa Company Profile