2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.9/5 (307 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: July 8, 2021

On June 2021, me and my wife flew from Dammam to USA using Business Class on Lufthansa. We were shocked to see how bad Lufthansa is. When dining started, the flight attendant put the small white cover on each passenger table. But when she came to our tables, she handed us the white covers and asked us to put it ourselves!!!! They served us 2 meals, each, in this flight. Both 2 meals were exactly the same. When we asked them to change the second meal as we just had the exactly same meal a while ago, they said we dont have any!!! The only good part of this flight was the nice treatment we had at the ground service in Dammam airport.

Original review: May 18, 2021

In January 2020 my husband and I purchased 2 Lufthansa return tickets to Vienna for June 2nd through ASAP tickets. When I called the agency in May 2020 we were asked to fill out cancelation links in order for them to request a full refund/full credit towards new travel dates. Both of our flights were cancelled by Lufthansa due to COVID-19 virus in April & May 2020 but ASAP requested to cancel our seats with LH right before they cancelled my flight. My husband's flight was cancelled by LH already.

We had different return dates. The way we received the email from ASAP tickets was very confusing, it appeared our flight to Europe was cancelled first while it was my husband's flight back to US. We are very very upset about LH charging us penalty of $317.50 for my ticket. It caused us so much stress, anxiety and loss of money. We are planning our trip to Europe to visit my family as soon as EU opens up and removes travel bans. We are both vaccinated and confident to fly again. We would appreciate if LH could provide either a refund or a credit in the amount of my penalty ($317.50) so we can apply it towards buying new tickets.

Also every time I called LF, their customer service kept telling us to go through the agency where we bought our tickets but they were no help. The person who keeps responding to my emails from LH has zero understanding, his or her name is B. **. After numerous emails back and forth I was told they won't refund/credit the penalty even though none of this was our fault. I feel this is extremely unfair. We liked LH but not after this experience.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Technical issues again w/ their phone lines. Have called 20+ times, trying to get bereavement rate flights to Germany. As soon as the Agent puts me on hold, or the call takes 30 mins. the call just drops. ridiculous! This happened a month ago too when we were trying to change flights. What is going on?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

-1000 if I could! This is rating is on behalf of myself and is about the association between Lufthansa and DreamWorldTravel presently as I am battling with lufthansa/dwt. Do not trust lufthansa or Dwt who are a law unto themselves. I will be taking matter further with IATA, CAA, ICAO, ATOL, and about 20 other bodies. I will ensure lufthansa/dwt pays the correct refund of £669.05 to me plus compensations. I will also as advised be holding lufthansa /dwt jointly or severally responsible for this refund and every single cost involved in this non refund. The buck does not stop here! Lufthansa / dwt refuse to show written communication proof that lufthansa declined to refund dwt, contrary to the statement that lufthansa said customers are entitled to a full refund of the full flight.

Secondly dwt offer 180 as a refund but do not state the currency or if free of any further deductions after many many emails! Lufthansa have raised many fb id numbers but have failed to address my problem of the cancellation by lufthansa and they (dwt and lufthansa do not supply the information you request). To think customers have money to throw at them or away is a disgrace! They ignore answering vital questions! They refuse to release information under the freedom of data / information charter. List is endless. Do not use lufthansa / travel agents (dwt) of this nature. Lufthansa cancels flight but passes the buck to the travel agent, the travel agent passes the buck back to lufthansa and to your travel insurance knowing full well travel insurance will not pay out one iota if flight is cancelled because of a cancellation related to a pandemic etc for flight Cancellations.

However lufthansa and dwt you have refused me boarding and not just cancellation under my entitlements of my flight. You and /or dwt have not offered any payment either for my extra costs incurred like hotel accommodation, additional pcr testing, food, etc. Rather pay the extra amount directly to a reputable airline and know you will probably stand better chance of a refund but of course airlines can play silly buggers too as like other airlines are doing currently too. But this review relates to lufthansa/ dwt ltd. Its not over yet lufthansa/ dwt. I have lots time on my hands and will not rest until you are brought to book!!! There are airlines and travel agencies (dwt) who are just raking in profits from situations like this using these methods of exploitation on innocent victims of travel. Utter disgrace!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My wife, my daughter, and I traveled back on 21st July, 2020 to the US. Unfortunately, we had a bad experience. First of all, we were packed like sardines on the flight from Algiers to Frankfurt. There was no social distancing, no safety. Then we arrived to Newark airport, I found out that my stroller and my car seat didn’t arrive. Lufthansa staff were totally absent. No one was there to let me know that I have to file a report. I received an email stating that my luggage was not loaded from Frankfurt. However, when I called them the first time, they said that the luggage will arrive on 28th of July. NOW IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH, NO LUGGAGE, AND NO ONE RESPOND TO MY EMAILS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

First of all you can not get a refund which is what most airlines, even low cost are offering. Re-booking is a nightmare - you can not change destination, or add luggage, ... It is appalling and disappointing for a company that is supposed to be run by European standards, and is supposed to be reliable and customer focused. A real disappointment. You can not do anything online or via email! Once again low cost are so ahead of this company! After spending 5 phone calls, waiting 20 min in queue each time and talking to customer service that are clearly ill-trained and not able to make decisions or explain clearly the set up of the rebook structure. The people you get on the phone also sound exhausted and impatient to get rid of you in most cases.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I booked my flight on March 20 and I found out that my flight has been canceled that nobody informed me of. Then I rebooked my flight and it got canceled again. Now, the airline says there isn’t anything that they can do. Neither they can give a confirmed ticket. So, I can’t get a refund and also the credits will be available in another 6 months when I have to catch a flight in october. This is trapped situation where you end up booking another flight from another airline and spending another $2000. This is so frustrating that airlines get away with this and nobody is imposing any serious rules about this. Only customers have to suffer and they are robbing blind. Some serious actions need to be taken against them. Please.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

They cancelled my flight for booking ** on May 5th 2020 and was promised a full refund for my business class tickets within 4-6 weeks. Then they cancelled my flight for booking ** on June 29th 2020 and was promised a full refund for my business class tickets within 8 weeks. I have received neither refund as of Aug 3rd when I had to again rebook my last ticket. Three months for a refund is ridiculous and a very poor way to treat customers.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I booked a flight for a minor passenger to travel with his grandma, the ticket was changed two twice where they were separated. I called and changed to a flight where they both could travel together. The ticket was changed again for the third time where again they were separated on two different airlines. One with Lufthansa and the other with Austrian, the Austrian for the minor was changed again to Egypt Air which he finally flew on arrived in London and was refused to travel to the US even though he had a valid visa. The question now why weren't we notified that he can't enter. He would not have traveled the first time.

The second issue is that now we have a minor alone at the airport stranded there for two days just because of the airline mess up. We had to book a completely new flight to bring him back to Egypt. Now the third issue is refund, I wanted at least a refund for the return ticket that he have not used. I called the agency. They told me call Lufthansa. I did. They told me call Austrian. I did then told me to call agency again. I did and finally told me to call lufthansa again. I call lufthansa again and there is nothing that they can do but offer me a credit for half the ticket for next year for the same passenger who is the minor who is now traumatized to travel for life! Awful service, they are not responsible and do not own up to their mistakes nor do they compensate for all that happened. They just want your money and do not care about anything else Corona or NOT. we travel every year and we have family traveling every year, we will never use their services again.

Original review: July 17, 2020

With travel restricted in September due to COVID-19, I contacted Lufthansa customer service about the process to change my tickets and after many attempts and hours of wait, I finally connected with an agent at a noisy call center who advised that I could cancel and receive a refund and then rebook. I followed the procedures on the confusing website and immediately received a small refund (presumably the taxes on the tickets) but lost nearly $5000 for 2 premium economy tickets. Not even the seat reservation fees were reimbursed. I then tried to rebook the flights for later flights, but was told that my tickets were now invalid and the funds are lost.

Contact with customer relations resulted in stonewalling and a rigid response, despite the claim by Lufthansa management that they are being flexible and accommodating due to the virus situation. Basically, I feel that they have stolen my funds to help with their large deficit and they will not make any effort to help customers. I am registering a complaint with US DOT, and hope that either a fine or a class-action suit will result in the future. Needless to say, I will not fly with this airline in the future.

Lufthansa Company Information