3.59/5

Looking for a travel site?

Lufthansa

Looking for a travel site?

Lufthansa Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had purchased a round trip tickets on Orbitz.com for Atlanta to Budapest from Oct.26 to Nov.11. On the outbound to Budapest on Oct. 27, I missed one session of flight at Frankfurt when transferring. The Lufthansa cancelled my inbound returning ticket for the reason of no show on outbound. I had no intention to miss the flight which I paid for and confirmed, technically the seat on the plane was sold to me and should be arranged by me. Worst part of it was, Lufthansa had not informed me before or after cancellation.

From cancelling on Oct. 27 to inbound returning flight on Nov. 11, there were 15 days between. If I had got a note to tell me about cancellation, I would immediately to search a new option or to purchase a different and cheaper flight, instead, on the day Nov. 11, 2 hrs before the scheduled departure time and when I got ready to check in at Lufthansa counter, I was just told my ticket was cancelled.

I wonder if they intentionally did this way so I got a surprise, stressed and had no time to search out anything else but to purchase another ticket from them in order to get back to Atlanta on time. One seat been sold twice, and missing one session of one direction and get being cancelled for another direction. If cancellation was to some reservation which is understandable, but not for something sold and confirmed. IS this kind of way of practicing business ethical? I would never flight it again when this airline had no consideration about passenger and treat customers careless and ruthlessly.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Due to airline fault my flight was delayed and subsequently missed my connection from Frankfurt.. After being stranded at Frankfurt I was put through an ordeal as nothing was provided by the airline and made me kept running from one terminal to the other. I finally reached my intended destination 12 hrs after original planned. And Lufthansa has neither refunded my fare difference for change in class on the new flight nor have they compensated me for the delay as per EU regulations. Their team said the delay was due to Heathrow Airport and they won't be issuing a refund. Unbelievable! Never flying Lufthansa again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I flew from Prague to Barcelona via Frankfurt on Sept. 28/19. No luggage arrived from Frankfurt, as the belt was not working in Frankfurt. I know technical issues happen. However, the airline knew that no luggage was on the plane and did not bother to inform the passengers. I waited over 3 hours in line to put my claim in, then left 2 days later for my home in Toronto. I followed the claim online - my luggage flew to Montreal on Oct 9, then to Toronto on October 11. Then NOTHING. No one has ever contacted me from Lufthansa. I PHONE ALMOST every day - and now I can't even track any updates, as I no longer have access to my file. Just to make matters more complicated, Lufthansa wrote me an email - no reply allowed two days before my original flight, cancelling one part of the flight - no other comment about rescheduling. I had to phone them to make other arrangements to get to Barcelona. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Their website advertises "guarantees great entertainment on board". "Latest blockbusters, classics music and games". Paid $6300 for 2 tickets from Philadelphia to Frankfurt for May 4, 2019 with return flight from Frankfurt to Philadelphia on May 15, 2019. As we boarded the plane, stewardess told us our "entertainment console was not working and there were no other first class seats available, take it or leave it but no repair was available for this 7 1/2 hour flight. Our return flight had the same issue, again the monitor did not work for 7 1/2 hour flight. -Take it or leave it. In addition 2 rows in front of us a fist fight between a man & women broke out. It took 4 stewards/stewardess to break it up after about 40 minutes.

I have sent various complaint emails over a 5 month period. I only received 1 acknowledgment from their "miles & more program" in July 2019. That said my complaint would be escalated to their customer service. It has been 4 months now and they still have not made a decent offer. There really is no customer service. Even my travel agent has never received a response. I will never fly them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Worst airlines I have ever traveled with. Flight 404 left Frankfort Germany to JFK in NY on September 28. Arrive in NY to find out the machine that puts the luggage on the plane in Hamburg was broke. Our luggage has not arrived as of today day 5 with no update on where it is. The customer service is horrible. The attendants were drinking wine on the 7 hour flight. Lazy and rude is the least I will say about them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I just flew out from DFW airport to Cairo Egypt on Lufthansa flights on 14th September. When I arrived to Cairo I found my carry on bag (which they asked to check it in cause it is big) opened and 2 iPhones 8 Plus sealed brand new and some new clothes stolen from it. When I filed a complain they answered, "It is your responsibility and there is no compensation."

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

When one or few people found their bags are not found - that is possible as it happens time to time. When about 250 passengers do not get their luggage - that is disaster. And not just because of too many folks are suffering, but to set up a report for the lost bag you have to be in line for more than 5 hours (!) as every person processing requires no less than 15 min (sometimes - more). And all that - after 10 hours flight when all peoples are exhausted (add to here small kids, old guys etc.). And this is Lufthansa.... This happened on Saturday, Sept.28, Flight LH470 Frankfurt - Toronto.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

My son and I traveled from Fairbanks, Alaska to Sofia, Bulgaria. Our first flight was simply terrible. My 3 months old baby cried a lot and I was trying to calm him down. Before we even fly out I got up for literally 5 seconds and got YELLED at by one of the flight attendants to sit down. This is how my 9 and half hours flight began. After we took off I had to get up from my seat and try to calm my baby down. The flight attendants named **, A. ** AND K. ** rolled their eyes at me and proceeded to tell me that I needed to sit down because I am standing on their way and they cannot work. Flight attendant ** was super rude the whole flight.

I was forced to stay almost the whole flight by the bathrooms just to make sure I am not on their way. When I asked for the bassinet they put it up but it is so high and uncomfortable that I asked them to take it down. After I asked for the bassinet to be taken down, I was informed that once they take it away, it would not be brought back for the whole flight duration (9 hours). Of course I paid for a seat and the bassinet but who cares! Why would the flight attendants actually do their work and help a mom flying with her child. The first flight as I said was terrible. The second flight which was only 2 hours. Thank God. Was not as bad as the first one but still the flight attendants were terrible. They all acted as I am trying on purpose to be on their way when all I was trying to do is calm my baby down.

As a whole flying with Lufthansa has been awful. Apparently the company doesn't care about good customer service at all especially if you are flying with a child. If you have a baby you are just an inconvenience to the working personnel and they simply treat you super rude or ignore you the whole time. Oh and one last thing our flights were all late which was the last thing to worry about after dealing with so many grumpy, rude flight attendants.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We traveled from Montreal to Mumbai in the first week of July, but our bags did not. The Lufthansa staff at Mumbai airport were unprofessional (e.g., vague about when the bags will reach, whether we will be compensated, and the two employees could not even agree on the telephone number I needed to call to get baggage tracking updates!).

My family's four bags reached two days later. Being tourists, we had to buy clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. until our bags reached for the meanwhile. To make things worse, when our baggage reached, one of them had been opened and some contents were missing. I filed a complaint to Lufthansa and three weeks later, got an email with them offering to compensate us for the baggage delay. They wanted a whole bunch of documents and bank details, all of which we submitted.

Several weeks later, I was again asked for the bank details, which we re-submitted. Two weeks later, I got the same request again and we re-submitted the bank details for the third time. After several reminders, two weeks ago I finally got a mail that the payment has been processed. Still no credit in the bank account though. Just sent them yet another reminder! Lufthansa boasts its punctuality. Clearly, that punctuality does not apply when it comes to accepting responsibility and compensating passengers. Extremely disappointed with my experience. The only reason I gave 1 star is because there's no option to give 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I bought a ticket in Lufthansa. I need to buy a second bag but the page did not allow me to do it, I call the number 08000263696, they never answer. I was online waiting 35 minutes, so I decided to buy the ticket and pay the excess online after the purchase. When I have the booking reference number I tried to pay but, it was a message that is impossible to do it online, and gave me the same number. We need to call them and pay at the phone. So I called the number again, wait for more than 40 minutes in the line. Finally AHUL answered and after many apologies for no be able to tell me everything clear and quick he told me that the system don't allow to pay the luggage in advance. He advise me to take the luggage to the airport and pay in there.

I read a lot review about that and everybody said the same: if you don't pay in advance, once you get the airport they charge you a ridiculous amount of money. I decided to cancel the booking, now they said that I have the money back in 10 days. What they do is tricking passengers, they don't allow people to pay online or by the phone for the excess because they wanted to take more and more money for passengers.

Lufthansa Company Information