3.7/5 (668 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Stewardess B ** in @lufthansa LH442 today Nov 27, 22 was screaming outside and hitting my bathroom violently because I had taken nearly 15 minutes to attend my needs. I felt so embarrassed and violated. This was so uncalled for travelers that are coming from abroad experiences. #Lufthansa

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

BEWARE. BEWARE, Lufthansa advertise lower cost flights. Takes the money only to cancel flight with no refund months later. I was suppose to get full refund. Their shady business practice will be confirmed once you'll start reaching for customer service that only provides vague conflicting information that “the refund is in process” by a ghost refund department that cannot be reached. No calls are documented, no written confirmation is provided, therefore every other call has same useless information or it will send you back to the website to file for refund _ a website that did not work, after previous calls a month before that said the refund is in process!!!

The website will have you spend hours of your life going in circles to get nowhere. The customer service then provided an email address to voice your outrage, just to get the equivalent of an “**” response sending me to the website again or to a link for refund that did not work. It’s been almost two months, Lufthansa basically stole my money for no service, left me to find other funds, pay for the increased price for another flights due to late booking, and took no accountability.

Yet Lufthansa is advertising on the market “an increase on Transatlantic flights” with whose money?

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2022

Our flight was delayed and we arrived 24 hours late at our destination. No compensation, no communication from their customer service, no telephone number. No support while we were stuck in Frankfurt. No meals during 24 hours. no reimbursement for emergency expenses in Frankfurt during the wait for the rebooked flight. They clearly do not care about European directives concerning compensation of passengers in case of delays. Buyer beware. Lufthansa is not the airline it used to be. It is worse than the worst of budget airlines when it comes to customer service when there are issues during the flight.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2022

Part of my baggage did not make my connecting flight with Lufthansa to Glasgow, Scotland out of Frankfurt, Germany. I filed a claim with the Glasgow Airport and notified Lufthansa as well. I was emailed by Lufthansa that my baggage would be placed on the same flight the next day then delivered to my hotel. It never got to me during my entire 9-day stay in Scotland! I filed a claim for reimbursement of my expenses and initially received a response after a week or so of emails. I was told that they could not find a PIR for my baggage and that they were closing my claim.

I provided the baggage claim from the servicing carrier at Glasgow Airport, Menzies Aviation, and told Lufthansa that's all I was advised to do at the time my luggage was delayed. I have emailed 4 other times since their denial email on 10/03/22 with no response. The complete lack of a response is disrespectful and the fact that they will not even address the matter by phone or in person is criminal. I will never fly with Lufthansa again in my life!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2022

I’m not sure what the sandwich was that was provided. Maybe shredded carrots with mustard on very dense bread. Served coming and going. No entertainment on one plane and the other one did not work very well.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

During the Covid-19 epidemic, I purchased 2 tickets to the United States, one for myself and one for my girlfriend. I am a US citizen, and she is a citizen of one of the Schengen countries in Europe. For her to be able to travel to the US, she needed to spend two weeks outside of the Schengen area (a dumb and racist rule, since a wave of illegal aliens was pouring over the U.S.-Mexico border with no resistance, from countries with weak healthcare systems where the virus was raging, while Europeans couldn't travel to the US without jumping through hoops). After spending the required two weeks together outside of Schengen, we boarded a plane for the flight with Lufthansa, traveling through Frankfurt. She was denied boarding in Frankfurt because U S. rules banned even transiting through Schengen for non-US citizens.

At the time that I purchased the tickets from Lufthansa, during the epidemic, I gave them both of our citizenship information, with passport numbers, and Lufthansa sold me the tickets. At the airport it was Lufthansa agents who denied her boarding, so they had access to the information needed to know who was eligible for entry. Yet, they took my money knowing her ticket was unusable.

Part of the responsibility for the problem was mine since I didn't read the entry rules carefully on the U.S. government's State Dept website, but if the information was posted then Lufthansa also knew, since determining entry eligibility is part of their responsibility. In fact, they knew she couldn't board at the airport.

After being denied boarding, I went to the ticket counter to discuss our options, and the first thing the agent said after pulling up our reservations was, we missed our flight because we didn't arrive at the airport on time. Of course this was nonsense since we arrived in Frankfurt on a Lufthansa flight, and missing the flight to the U.S. has nothing to do with being late. I mention this because the traveler at the next window next to me was told the exact same thing by another Lufthansa agent. Both he and I said this wasn't true and the agents dropped the claim, but blaming the customer was the first reaction of the Lufthansa ticket agents, like it was scripted - part of their training.

We ended up leaving Frankfurt later that day for Istanbul, to meet U.S. entry rules, where we took a flight with Turkish Airlines to the US, and entered without a problem. I had to buy new tickets of course, which were twice the price of the Lufthansa tickets since they were purchased with short notice. When I later contact Lufthansa to ask for refunds, or at least credit towards future flights, they refunded something like $50 for only my girlfriend's ticket because they said I used both tickets when we flew to Zagreb (on the way to Istanbul - it was a long day).

So, a flight from Frankfurt to Zagreb was the same price as Frankfurt to the U.S., and I ended up paying for this unnecessary flight even though the boarding problem was partially their fault. They could have at least offered credit for a future flight, but didn't. Selling a ticket Lufthansa knew the customer was never going to be able to use, and training their ticket agents to blame the customer as the first response, shows Lufthansa to be a company that operates without ethics. I do not fly with them any longer.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

After the airline switched our flights (on their end), I called their 800 number to ensure upgrade is rolled over. They said no. This flight upgrade was now TWICE as much. They promised a refund in 7 business days for the original one, so I fell for the bait and switched and paid over $2000 for this new upgrade. The 7 days passed and they have not refunded me. I demanded answers to where my money was (the original $980) promised days ago. But they REFUSE to answer this. Not their 800 number staff, not their Customer Relations office in NY, not their executives... I filed complaints to every agency imaginable and sent a demand letter. Yet, they do not answer, where is the money they defrauded from me? I'm out almost $3000 for UPGRADES, and these unprofessional fraudsters refuse to answer, where is my money. Now I wonder, Is this how they make profits?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Terrible experience with Lufthansa. They lost my luggage on the 3rd. Today is the 6th and they are JUST NOT BOTHERED. USELESS AIRLINE. They are simply not bothered about the problems you are or may face due to their negligence. Staff is very arrogant. I would suggest to book any other airline.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2022

After a severe delay (we arrived home over 24 hours after our flight was scheduled), Lufthansa will not even return emails. I filled out the flight compensation request online two months ago. I got an automated response immediately. I received one other communication and nothing since then. I've sent 24 emails with no response. The delay was due to their inability to staff the flight. I spent a LOT on tickets for my family, and some kind of compensation is due. Actually, according to EU law, compensation of 600 euros per person is due.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2022

The biggest nightmare of my life was to book the tickets in Lufthansa and the staff in Bengaluru INDIAN airport acted to be the German Immigration officer and did not provide my boarding pass to travel... Till today I have not received a refund amount and no compensation for the different QATAR flights had to take due to the misbehavior of the LUFTHANSA staff.

Never travel in Lufthansa - the worst airlines and the worst staff that have ever attained. The Bengaluru INDIAN airport airline staff thinks to be an immigration specialist and the worst airline I have ever flown in my lifetime. The customer service is a total disaster as they do not have any respect for people traveling. The food served is stale.

Lufthansa never responded to my emails or phone calls for the below action I asked for-- I am writing this to inform and need compensation for the tragedy I had faced in return travel from Bengaluru (BLR) international airport by the specific Lufthansa Staff who took by check-in booking. He and the lady had no courtesy and was rude behaved to my family boarding flight and was performing his duties as if he was and German and USA embassy staffed.

We reached BLR airport in the midnight of Aug 9 with my Family that includes my mother who is 66 years old, 3 children including a 15-month-old son. I have been stunned by the behavior and approach from the beginning while my boarding pass and passports were checked. The Lufthansa staff looked and talked to me as if he belongs to the German immigration embassy with rude behavior stating I can’t travel the flight due to No US VISA stamped on my Indian passport or neither I am citizen/GC holder of US; please note I have been provided Advance Parole and USA embassy has respected my return to work in USA.

The Lufthansa BLR check-in staff acted to me as if I am possessing an illegal entry to USA and asked me to come back after I receive the Germany Visa for just having to catch the stop over flight at FRA which both flights (BLR to FRA & FRA to SFO Lufthansa flights) are stationed on the same Terminal-1. Just because I did not possess a USA Visa on my Indian passport (which is not required for my family on Advance Parole) or neither was I a Citizen/GC of USA.

I must understand why the BLR Lufthansa Staff takes that position of USA Embassy to say I am not fit for the travel over Lufthansa via FRA. Please understand I am not exiting the airport nor the Terminal to catch my connecting flight (in fact both were operated by Lufthansa), and they need a German Visa for me to be onboarded.

I had plenty of calls towards Lufthansa Customer care in the month of June, July and Aug that must have been already monitored and recorded asking if all my paperwork are up to date for travel and the Lufthansa said they have no issues in my boarding flight and for my life first nightmare the BLR Lufthansa staff turns the needle south stating he has the entire authority to make me return home due to the above stated German Visa requirement. My surprise is all my call towards customer care has never been valid responded and the BLR check-in staff considers me to have German Visa knowledge at once; how can this happen to a customer when travel plans are arranged properly and BLR Lufthansa staff takes the advantage of sending me back home with boarding the plane.

Please do also understand that my travel from San Francisco (SFO) to BLR was a USA valid visa (advance Parole) through Lufthansa, with a layover at FRA. If this travel was clear, I should have no issues while I travel back too. There is no Law that states to change for a transit VISA. This travel caused me issues and needed to book my family's flight through Qatar airways on the next day travel from BLR to SFO. The airlines showed me respect and accepted my Advance Parole without any issues, and I was given a warm welcome to USA by the USA Embassy immigration officer.

I am attaching the flight charges of Qatar airways USD$15,405.22 which I had book because of the merciless showed by the BLR Lufthansa Check-in Staff and canceling my travel. Please provide the compensation of this amount as I never would have travelled through Lufthansa if this German Visa was pointed earlier during my June calls with Lufthansa customer care or neither was I am able to afford USD$15,405.22; today I am in a bad debt because of the forceful return to USA cancelation done by the reckless BLR Lufthansa Check-in staff at the BLR International Airport and was able to return to India for Kids School and my work on time because I had to forcefully book Qatar in the last moment.

Please do provide this USD$15,405.22 as compensation to me for the rough cancelation done my Lufthansa BLR Staff during my visit on midnight of Aug 9. I would like to present this towards the Google review and take this forward to get an action taken soon on Lufthansa.

Lufthansa Company Information