2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.4/5 (276 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

Updated on 10/19/2021: After I got to LAX, I received an email from Lufthansa: "We would like to inform you that on board the Lufthansa flight from Tbilisi, Georgia to Munich, Germany (flight LH2559), on August 25 2021 was a person infected with the novel coronavirus (SARS-CoV-2)." How did a person with a COVID 19 got on the same flight, when you supposed to get a covid 19 test negative to be able to flight to USA. This was a connect flight and in Germany you don't need it, if you're vaccinated. Honestly, avoid to flight this airline.

Also be careful about the money they charged for a luggage, I booked Economy class and they charged me $142 dollars, because I don't know where did they get to Economy light. This is not a honest company. What do you do? when you get at the airport and you need your luggage to be checked. Be careful, avoid this airline. Now, I'm on a process to get my money back. I can prove that on my ticket the class is Economy class.

Original Review: I booked my ticket online, I wanted to make sure, one luggage was included on my ticket price, I booked Economy class, but when I went to the Airport, they said, my ticket was Economy Light, and they charged $70 dollars on my way to Tbilisi and $72 dollars from Tbilisi to LAX, this airline has hidden agenda, the worst service you can experience with an Airline, an instant coffee, the worst coffee you can get for $5 euros. Avoid to fly with this Airline, the ethics are super low.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I called Lufthansa on August 14, 2021 at 8:58 am EST and spoke to someone by the name of Jennifer. I bought tickets to return home 1 week early from Cyprus because we were denied entry into Israel. Our plan was to spend 1 week in Cyprus for a friend's wedding and then travel to Israel. When we were denied entry to Israel, we decided to come back home 1 week early. I was told those tickets would be a total of $140 and everything was confirmed. I was willing to pay since we were changing our flight on our own accord- even though it was due to COVID.

When I checked online and on the app, our tickets were in fact confirmed. I have screenshots of these confirmed tickets on my phone. However, when I got to the airport, they told us that we did not have tickets and that we needed to go to the ticketing department to buy them. We were charged $418 at the airport for the tickets and the representative said that's all they can do and nothing else. She didn't even try anything else.

I have been lied to multiple times by Lufthansa's customer service department. I was told that a supervisor would call me back multiple times but that never happened. I was told that I would get a call from the ticketing department, but that never happened. I was told that I would get a call back from the rates department, that never happened. I was told that it would cost $3000 per person to change our tickets and then later told by someone else that it's not possible to change our tickets. I was told that I would be transferred to a supervisor twice and each time I was being "transferred", the agent hung up on me.

I have called their customer service number 10-12 times and have been on hold for at least 1 hour each time before someone has answered. That’s a total of 12 hours I have wasted being on hold, even though I’ve been told by Lufthansa multiple times that a supervisor would be calling me back. Rather, I should say that I’ve been lied to by their company. If the airline never changed our flight in the first place, none of this would have ever happened. The headache and heartache is not worth it! My recommendation is NEVER FLY LUFTHANSA!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

Horrible online service for changing flights and very poor customer service. Charged me around 15000 US dollars for changing the departure 2 days earlier. They basically issue a whole new ticket and it was not clear at all that there will be charges about 3600$ per ticket/business,

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

From the beginning this was a disaster. SeaTac girl at desk kept running my card. I called my bank. They said nothing reported denied. My daughter said run as credit. Bank stayed on the phone. Ok. Daughter went to get her debit card. Finally someone else helped her and got it approved. The gal then said, this was extra for our dog travel. (My dog is emotional support.) I am 76. We then waited for our receipt, about 15 min. different gal said "can I help you". The other girl had us stand there waiting for our receipt but she left the receipt on the desk and left us waiting. Other gal handed us the receipt.

We boarded the plane but had to step aside while the gal had to clear us. Oh yes this is Business class!!! Now about our dogs. Common sense would have been helpful. Dog is screaming. Having a panic attack, I am sure passengers hated hearing. All it would have taken was to hold him. Small dog does not shed. Hyperallergic. The reason was passengers might be allergic. This is a older dog. Loved very much. So the screaming went on for over hour. My heart broke, and as well my daughter's. She was sure he would die of a heart attack. The stewardess, was rude and said she would call the captain. My daughter tried to calm him by lifting his carrier closer to her. She had to set him back down. Poor judgement. Cruelty. Never again.

Original review: July 8, 2021

On June 2021, me and my wife flew from Dammam to USA using Business Class on Lufthansa. We were shocked to see how bad Lufthansa is. When dining started, the flight attendant put the small white cover on each passenger table. But when she came to our tables, she handed us the white covers and asked us to put it ourselves!!!! They served us 2 meals, each, in this flight. Both 2 meals were exactly the same. When we asked them to change the second meal as we just had the exactly same meal a while ago, they said we dont have any!!! The only good part of this flight was the nice treatment we had at the ground service in Dammam airport.

Original review: May 18, 2021

In January 2020 my husband and I purchased 2 Lufthansa return tickets to Vienna for June 2nd through ASAP tickets. When I called the agency in May 2020 we were asked to fill out cancelation links in order for them to request a full refund/full credit towards new travel dates. Both of our flights were cancelled by Lufthansa due to COVID-19 virus in April & May 2020 but ASAP requested to cancel our seats with LH right before they cancelled my flight. My husband's flight was cancelled by LH already.

We had different return dates. The way we received the email from ASAP tickets was very confusing, it appeared our flight to Europe was cancelled first while it was my husband's flight back to US. We are very very upset about LH charging us penalty of $317.50 for my ticket. It caused us so much stress, anxiety and loss of money. We are planning our trip to Europe to visit my family as soon as EU opens up and removes travel bans. We are both vaccinated and confident to fly again. We would appreciate if LH could provide either a refund or a credit in the amount of my penalty ($317.50) so we can apply it towards buying new tickets.

Also every time I called LF, their customer service kept telling us to go through the agency where we bought our tickets but they were no help. The person who keeps responding to my emails from LH has zero understanding, his or her name is B. **. After numerous emails back and forth I was told they won't refund/credit the penalty even though none of this was our fault. I feel this is extremely unfair. We liked LH but not after this experience.

Original review: May 13, 2021

Technical issues again w/ their phone lines. Have called 20+ times, trying to get bereavement rate flights to Germany. As soon as the Agent puts me on hold, or the call takes 30 mins. the call just drops. ridiculous! This happened a month ago too when we were trying to change flights. What is going on?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2021

-1000 if I could! This is rating is on behalf of myself and is about the association between Lufthansa and DreamWorldTravel presently as I am battling with lufthansa/dwt. Do not trust lufthansa or Dwt who are a law unto themselves. I will be taking matter further with IATA, CAA, ICAO, ATOL, and about 20 other bodies. I will ensure lufthansa/dwt pays the correct refund of £669.05 to me plus compensations. I will also as advised be holding lufthansa /dwt jointly or severally responsible for this refund and every single cost involved in this non refund. The buck does not stop here! Lufthansa / dwt refuse to show written communication proof that lufthansa declined to refund dwt, contrary to the statement that lufthansa said customers are entitled to a full refund of the full flight.

Secondly dwt offer 180 as a refund but do not state the currency or if free of any further deductions after many many emails! Lufthansa have raised many fb id numbers but have failed to address my problem of the cancellation by lufthansa and they (dwt and lufthansa do not supply the information you request). To think customers have money to throw at them or away is a disgrace! They ignore answering vital questions! They refuse to release information under the freedom of data / information charter. List is endless. Do not use lufthansa / travel agents (dwt) of this nature. Lufthansa cancels flight but passes the buck to the travel agent, the travel agent passes the buck back to lufthansa and to your travel insurance knowing full well travel insurance will not pay out one iota if flight is cancelled because of a cancellation related to a pandemic etc for flight Cancellations.

However lufthansa and dwt you have refused me boarding and not just cancellation under my entitlements of my flight. You and /or dwt have not offered any payment either for my extra costs incurred like hotel accommodation, additional pcr testing, food, etc. Rather pay the extra amount directly to a reputable airline and know you will probably stand better chance of a refund but of course airlines can play silly buggers too as like other airlines are doing currently too. But this review relates to lufthansa/ dwt ltd. Its not over yet lufthansa/ dwt. I have lots time on my hands and will not rest until you are brought to book!!! There are airlines and travel agencies (dwt) who are just raking in profits from situations like this using these methods of exploitation on innocent victims of travel. Utter disgrace!!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2020

My wife, my daughter, and I traveled back on 21st July, 2020 to the US. Unfortunately, we had a bad experience. First of all, we were packed like sardines on the flight from Algiers to Frankfurt. There was no social distancing, no safety. Then we arrived to Newark airport, I found out that my stroller and my car seat didn’t arrive. Lufthansa staff were totally absent. No one was there to let me know that I have to file a report. I received an email stating that my luggage was not loaded from Frankfurt. However, when I called them the first time, they said that the luggage will arrive on 28th of July. NOW IT'S BEEN OVER A MONTH, NO LUGGAGE, AND NO ONE RESPOND TO MY EMAILS. THIS IS RIDICULOUS AND REALLY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2020

First of all you can not get a refund which is what most airlines, even low cost are offering. Re-booking is a nightmare - you can not change destination, or add luggage, ... It is appalling and disappointing for a company that is supposed to be run by European standards, and is supposed to be reliable and customer focused. A real disappointment. You can not do anything online or via email! Once again low cost are so ahead of this company! After spending 5 phone calls, waiting 20 min in queue each time and talking to customer service that are clearly ill-trained and not able to make decisions or explain clearly the set up of the rebook structure. The people you get on the phone also sound exhausted and impatient to get rid of you in most cases.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

I booked my flight on March 20 and I found out that my flight has been canceled that nobody informed me of. Then I rebooked my flight and it got canceled again. Now, the airline says there isn’t anything that they can do. Neither they can give a confirmed ticket. So, I can’t get a refund and also the credits will be available in another 6 months when I have to catch a flight in october. This is trapped situation where you end up booking another flight from another airline and spending another $2000. This is so frustrating that airlines get away with this and nobody is imposing any serious rules about this. Only customers have to suffer and they are robbing blind. Some serious actions need to be taken against them. Please.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

They cancelled my flight for booking ** on May 5th 2020 and was promised a full refund for my business class tickets within 4-6 weeks. Then they cancelled my flight for booking ** on June 29th 2020 and was promised a full refund for my business class tickets within 8 weeks. I have received neither refund as of Aug 3rd when I had to again rebook my last ticket. Three months for a refund is ridiculous and a very poor way to treat customers.

Original review: July 24, 2020

I booked a flight for a minor passenger to travel with his grandma, the ticket was changed two twice where they were separated. I called and changed to a flight where they both could travel together. The ticket was changed again for the third time where again they were separated on two different airlines. One with Lufthansa and the other with Austrian, the Austrian for the minor was changed again to Egypt Air which he finally flew on arrived in London and was refused to travel to the US even though he had a valid visa. The question now why weren't we notified that he can't enter. He would not have traveled the first time.

The second issue is that now we have a minor alone at the airport stranded there for two days just because of the airline mess up. We had to book a completely new flight to bring him back to Egypt. Now the third issue is refund, I wanted at least a refund for the return ticket that he have not used. I called the agency. They told me call Lufthansa. I did. They told me call Austrian. I did then told me to call agency again. I did and finally told me to call lufthansa again. I call lufthansa again and there is nothing that they can do but offer me a credit for half the ticket for next year for the same passenger who is the minor who is now traumatized to travel for life! Awful service, they are not responsible and do not own up to their mistakes nor do they compensate for all that happened. They just want your money and do not care about anything else Corona or NOT. we travel every year and we have family traveling every year, we will never use their services again.

Original review: July 17, 2020

With travel restricted in September due to COVID-19, I contacted Lufthansa customer service about the process to change my tickets and after many attempts and hours of wait, I finally connected with an agent at a noisy call center who advised that I could cancel and receive a refund and then rebook. I followed the procedures on the confusing website and immediately received a small refund (presumably the taxes on the tickets) but lost nearly $5000 for 2 premium economy tickets. Not even the seat reservation fees were reimbursed. I then tried to rebook the flights for later flights, but was told that my tickets were now invalid and the funds are lost.

Contact with customer relations resulted in stonewalling and a rigid response, despite the claim by Lufthansa management that they are being flexible and accommodating due to the virus situation. Basically, I feel that they have stolen my funds to help with their large deficit and they will not make any effort to help customers. I am registering a complaint with US DOT, and hope that either a fine or a class-action suit will result in the future. Needless to say, I will not fly with this airline in the future.

Original review: July 6, 2020

Whenever possible, we like to fly on Lufthansa. We find their planes to be comfortable and the onboard service is a notch better than most. This time, we had booked directly with Lufthansa, a round trip flight from Los Angeles to Copenhagen in early June 2020. Of course, the flight was cancelled. Once the flight was officially cancelled, I called for a refund in mid May. The wait on hold was 40 minutes. Once I got through I was offered a full refund without any static. The downside was that I was given a 2 to 3 month wait time. The full refund came in about 6 weeks. No muss, no fuss. Given the circumstances, about as good as I could expect.

Original review: June 29, 2020

We are booked on a flight Tokyo-Munich and return in August. Flights are shared between Lufthansa and ANA. Guess which lags far behind in customer service? Of course, Lufthansa. ANA has already cancelled our flights and full refund is in the tubes. Not so with Lufthansa which is holding its cards real close to the chest. No proper channel for asking for refund on the Tokyo-Munich leg, much ado about future vouchers (last thing we care for) and making it appear customer has to cancel by giving them a 5-day window before scheduled flight within which to do so. As if this flight was even a remote possibility. Extreme stinginess, hiding the glaring facts, obfuscation and pretending business is as usual, with few references to cancellation in smallest possible print in lightest shades of gray, all of which get you nowhere. Sorry, can't wish them well.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Signed up for Lufthansa FlightVoucher and now I am trying to rebook my ticket and I have no way of doing that. Nobody bothers to pick up at the Service Centre and there is no way of rebooking your ticket online. Got no reply over email either. Will never book a flight with them again!

Original review: June 19, 2020

Flight was cancelled due to COVID19. There is no option to refund the money. Even we tried for rebooking. That option is not available in their site. And Very worst customer service. Not even picking the call. They are really worst service, which I ever seen in my lifetime. These are seems that they are not having capable for run the Flight service among other flight service. Website/customer service is totally worst. Totally they are cheaters airline.

Original review: May 25, 2020

It baffles me how an airline expects to survive this economic disaster by holding customers' money for flights they are not flying. Lufthansa chose to cancel my flights and then refused to refund the money for those flights. To make it worse, they only allow contact with call centers in South Asia, manned by people who have no means of communicating with Lufthansa. So essentially Lufthansa cannot be bothered by customers asking for their money to be returned for flights Lufthansa is not flying. How do they expect to survive in the future if they treat their customers this poorly and steal from them?

They have no future if none of the customers return to their planes because they know they might be scammed again for hundreds or thousands of dollars. I suppose Lufthansa's only hope for survival now is to be bailed out by the governments, and have the taxpayers of the EU on the hook for the billions they will eventually lose when their customers turn to airlines that acted responsibly during the Covid pandemic.

Original review: April 11, 2020

To whom it may concern, My fiance and I were due to travel from New Zealand to Copenhagen to get married on the 6th of June 2020. However, due to Covid-19 raging in the World, our flights by Emirates were cancelled by the airline and they were so kind to re-book our trip for later this year at no cost. In fact, everything was cancelled. Our wedding venue, the Church where we supposed to get married, our honeymoon. I think most people can imagine the sadness and disappointment my fiance and I felt. We were working hard for 2 years to be able to afford the wedding and we were looking forward to finally celebrate with our loved ones.

On that note, my fiance’s mother was supposed to travel from Costa Rica to Krakow (where the wedding celebrations were originally going to be held) to see her son – whom she hasn’t seen for 3 years – getting married. So we called Lufthansa hoping that they would re-book her flight. They wouldn’t. They said that because it hasn’t yet been cancelled, we need to pay another 900 Euros to change the dates to later this year. Same route, same time, same everything – but a different date.

It is in my opinion so irresponsible, first of all, for Lufthansa not to suspend that flight when Emirates cancelled our flights on the same date. And second of all, to not be helpful in this time of crisis for everyone. It is incredibly disappointing to see how greedy some companies can be and taking advantage of this pandemic while the whole world has come together united spreading kindness and compassion. Obviously, we aren’t canceling our wedding, our trip, our honeymoon, my fiance’s mother’s trip, by choice, but because we were forced by the current situation to do so. Be safe, be kind, safe lives.

Original review: April 9, 2020

In 2019, I booked a vacation to Europe for May 2020 and due to the virus my flight to Europe was cancelled by American Airlines. American fully refunded me for my ticket with no strings attached. One leg of my European trip was on Lufthansa departing Frankfurt May 4 with destination Malta. As everyone knows this flight is not feasible due to the virus and the 14 day quarantine requirements in Germany/Malta. Lufthansa will only allow a rebooking if the new ticket is used by December 31, 2020.

How does that work for customers like myself who travel during school holidays? Who in their right mind is going to Europe for holiday in the summer of 2020, or at best, currently booking travel to Europe for summer 2020? So essentially, Lufthansa's rebooking policy doesn't provide any relief for USA citizens on leisure travel. Next time avoid Lufthansa and use a more customer friendly airline. Vueling for example allows rebooking through 6/30/2021. Not a great policy but at least I have a chance to use the ticket in May/June 2021.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I purchased two return flight plane tickets from Gdansk, Poland to Houston, TX months prior. I even paid extra for seat assignments because I did not want to do another United Airlines. United Airlines assigned me two seats that were not together which is not good flying 11 hours without being able to comfort someone who has issues with flying. Anyway on Feb. 8th, 2020, I went on the Lufthansa app to see if I can prepay for an additional checked in luggage. The app gave me an upgrade price that was a little more than an additional luggage and would include the extra luggage for free. So I decided to make the upgrade on the flight from Gdansk to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Germany and I paid for the new seat assignment too.

Later on that day, I got a text from my credit card that my limit was low. I went to check why and it seems that Lufthansa charged me over $3000 USD when the app told me it was going to be about $1000 USD. I started trying to get a hold of Lufthansa Customer Service. Since I was traveling away from home, it was difficult for me to get my cellular roaming service long enough to call Lufthansa. When I was able to get through, I was met with voice recording after another because their Customer Service was getting "slammed" due to some northern European storm. When I did get a hold of Customer Service (after 2 hours of waiting each time), Customer Service kept telling me that I bought non refundable tickets, so I could not get a refund. I explained that I was trying to cancel the upgrades since the price has increased substantially from what I was originally informed.

After going in circles in multiple conversations due to accidental hang ups from Lufthansa Customer Service, I finally got someone who told me that I had to go through Ticketing instead of Customer Service and I could not contact Ticketing directly. Customer Service has to request someone from Ticketing to call the customer back which was an issue for me as, again, I was in the middle of a trip with bad roaming cellular service.

Unfortunately, it seems that my fiancée had to threaten fraud charges on their Facebook page before we actually got a response. The same day she did that I got an email from someone in Ticketing stating they were trying to call me so I immediately gave them a local resident's phone number where I finally felt like I was getting proper service. I was informed that the app seems to have classified me one way which gave me a good upgrade price for the flights, but the error in classification was corrected just before billing.

The Ticketing agent told me that they would refund the upgrades and reset my tickets to the original along with the old seating assignments. So, we waited a few days and the upgrades were refunded, but the upgraded seat assignments were not which were around another $132 USD. I then spent a few more weeks attempting to get a hold of Ticketing again through Customer Service. And again, it seems my fiancée had to make another threat on their Facebook page before we got someone that was not giving us the run around again. And again, over the phone, we were informed that the seat assignment refunds has now been requested and we should see that in 10 days. This was Mar. 2nd, 2020.

Today is Apr. 8th, 2020, and I have been "reminding Lufthansa" on Facebook about the promised seat assignment refunds every few days. And this is the response we are now getting from Lufthansa... "Hi, here's our statement on refunds: "Refunds continue to remain possible. Our service centers, however, are at present giving priority to necessary rebookings and the coordination of repatriation flights.We are also aware of the legal situation and refunds of course continue to remain possible. We kindly ask for your understanding that due to the current situation it is not possible to uphold the usual deadlines." /Jack"

At this point, it seems that our return flight to Poland maybe canceled due to the COVID-19 flight cancellations/slowdown, which now has me wondering about that too. I have seen companies make it very difficult to get in contact with someone who could actually help a customer and even harder to cancel or get refunds. Usually, these companies make a living this way such as AOL, gym memberships, and other sketchy companies. I never expected this sort of experience with a major traveling company. Especially about the part of refusing to document their customer service actions, discussions, and refunds. Everything is done by the phone which has no real record. They practically ignore emails and forms submitted from their website.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Hello, I had booked flight tickets for my aged in-laws on 13th Feb 2020. After 2 days of booking the primary passenger ((Stanislaus/Joseph **) passed away as he met with accident. First I was asking to refund fully and they requested Power of Attorney and I sent to them. And after that they said it is not valid and they apologized for that and asked me to send more documents and it is too hard to get all the documents from my country immediately and I asked to refund the money after the penalty.... So I asked the customer agent to cancel the ticket for the deceased passenger and after confirming with agent that there is a 190 euro of penalty. They cancelled it and confirmed with reference code of ** and he promised it is in refund queue. But now I want to cancel the other passenger ticket also for the other passenger as she can't travel alone and also due to COVID-19 but the airline keep on asking for my in-law death certificate and other details.

All I wanted to cancel both tickets with penalty of 190 Euro.. But the airline does not respond all the details as they we have to confirm with finance department. Original booking code for 2 passengers is ** and Cancellation of Primary passenger booking reference booking code: **. Really very much disappointed with the Big airlines like Lufthansa.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have been on call for 3 hours trying to change my existing reservation due to Covid-19. Lufthansa drops my call every 35 mins. I am really frustrated now and don’t know how to contact them. This is really the worst customer service I have experienced so far.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I purchased premium seats for a March 2020 flight that was cancelled due to COVID 19 worldwide pandemic. I could not fly overseas, let alone through Germany. Spent $600 for premium seats and cancelled flight in advance of departure. DESPITE no flight, no service, LUFTHANSA REFUSES REFUND. Customer Service is tone-deaf and heartless.

I agree service by phone and web is horrible. Airlines is horrible too. I have 35 years plus international travel and have NEVER experienced such horrible customer service (Philip ** in customer relations). Simply heartless, money-grubbing company. The company does not understand that a worldwide pandemic is not license to STEAL money from people. WORSE AIRLINE EVER> NEVER USE.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Their customer service easily the worst in the world. The Australian service Center number goes to Philippines. The service officers cannot speak English and do not understand simple instructions. I asked for my ticket to be changed due to a death of a family member. I provided all supporting documents. They didn’t reply for over a week. I had to call every day. Finally, over the phone, they said we have received all your documents. However, we can’t help. I have never experienced such low quality customer service elsewhere. Stay away from Lufthansa.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I cancelled my flight because of coronavirus. I was assured that it will take 10 business days to get refund. It has been 10 days and still no refund. I rang them and told me that I have to wait for another 10 business days... I would never ever use Lufthansa again!!!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

I booked a flight for Italy at the end of March. Because of the coronavirus, Lufthansa's site it was allowing rebooking. When attempting to do so, a link titled "refund tickets" came up. I clicked it, hoping for a refund instead of a rebooking. It cancelled my flight. I would have never just cancelled and lost my money. I would have rebooked. I called their customer support, and was told a hold would be put on the request, and that my tickets were still valid. The next day I got an email from Travelocity informing me my flights had been cancelled. I called Lufthansa back. I spoke with a second person who said I would receive a waiver and that if I contacted Travelocity, they could process the refund. When I did that they contacted Lufthansa, which told them the tickets would not be refunded.

I called Lufthansa again, and was told there could be no reversal. When I asked for a manager, they put me on hold and then hung up. I called again and the fourth person told me the other persons should have never told me anything. They also would not put me in touch with a manager. It is clear they only intended to give a customer a run-around until they give up trying to get a refund. This is no way to run a business. I will remember how I was treated, will tell everyone who listens, and will never fly Lufthansa.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I booked a flight with 2 colleagues to the German window show and the show was canceled because of the coronavirus. The airline did not make any consideration due to this national health emergency and would not refund any part of the airfare or allow an alternate flight date. Very poor customer treatment and I will never fly Lufthansa again - there are many other better airlines who want my business in the future.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Booked a flight on Lufthansa to Italy in January. Upon news of coronavirus outbreak attempted to have the tickets refunded. Unaware that I had purchased low-fare tickets (non-refundable) I followed prompts in the online cancellation, which for some reason still give you the refund option. Needless to say it was a mistake on my part, however, I called Lufthansa mere minutes later attempting to reverse my error and was assured there was absolutely nothing to be done about it. The cancellation hadn't even been process yet. Nothing, really? It seems a lack of sympathy on the part of the airline for human error. Kind of slimy actually. The flight was surely very empty and unlikely to fill up in the wake of the most recent surge of cases in Italy. Would not recommend this airline.

Lufthansa Company Information