3.8/5 (621 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: June 16, 2022

My wife and I recently returned to Los Angeles from Paris on Lufthansa. The flight had a tight connection in Frankfort and our luggage missed our flight. Upon arriving at LAX on June 8th, we had an email from the airline indicating the luggage would be put on the next available flight. The next day we received communication from Lufthansa that our belongings at arrived at 3 PM at LAX and that we could either pick it up or have it delivered. We chose delivery due to the distance from the airport.

We received another communication shortly thereafter stating the baggage was picked up by a company called Direct Courier Services at 9 PM. Direct Courier Services communicated to us that our luggage would be delivered by 11.30 PM that evening or first thing in the morning. No luggage was delivered at either stated time. The next day, upon checking Lufthansa's website for misplaced luggage, they indicated that the luggage had in fact been delivered. The Direct Courier link said "Melissa" delivered my luggage to our home just past 11 PM and that I had signed for them. At this point the Direct Courier Services link disappeared and I was unable to contact them. We called Direct Courier Services - one phone number, no answer, voicemail was full. But finally we were able to get through. Once the man who answered found out we were looking for our luggage, he promptly hung up.

We then drove to the Direct Courier Services address we found on Google. It was behind a steel security fence and locked gate. As we were trying to contact Direct Courier Services we concurrently were attempting to contact Lufthansa via email, phone and through the Find my Bags website. While using the email for Lufthansa and the Find my Bag website, we got the same computer generated response asking for more information. We provided the information and got the same request. Again.

When I called the customer service number each time it was at least a 40 minute wait before being connected to a call center in the Philippines. Each time, I was informed they could not help because my bags were delivered according to their information. When I asked to speak to someone who could help me I was transferred into the void.

We turned our baggage over to Lufthansa on their own volition they gave our possessions to their agent, Direct Courier Services. At this point Lufthansa completely abandoned us and took no responsibility for the missing luggage. I found 27 reviews for Direct Courier Services. 26 of them were one star. It was about a fifty-fifty split. Half of the comments believed the company was inept and the other half believed it was being operating as a criminal enterprise.

At this point we filed a police report. Of course the police could care less. Our next action was to take legal actions to compel Direct Courier Services to produce our belongings. Our attorney wrote a demand letter, which was is required prior to filing our lawsuit. The demand communication was received by Direct Courier Services around 8 PM. Direct Courier Services calls us within minutes and our luggage was delivered a few hours later. It makes we wonder why Lufthansa took such a hands-off approach to helping us when the entire problem was caused by their carelessness of using such a disreputable vendor as Direct Courier Services.

We vacation in Europe several times a year and since the demise of our preferred carrier, Norwegian, we are going to be using Lufthansa. I wonder why an airline which is so well-run and does such an outstanding job in almost all areas of their business would allow their LAX operations to use a company like Direct Courier Services. A simple 2-minute check of their reviews should tell anyone that this is an organization no one would contract with.

The second thing I wonder about is why no one in Customer Relations would believe us when we said our luggage was still missing. A simple call from a Lufthansa official to Direct Carrier Services would most likely product the same results as our threat of a lawsuit without the attorney fees and we would not have spent the six days of effort it took in order to retrieve our luggage. Even a well managed company like Lufthansa has areas that need improvement.

Original review: June 14, 2022

On the 9th of June we, have flown with Lufthansa from Sydney to Bucharest stopping in Singapore and Frankfurt. At arrival in Bucharest one of our luggage failed to arrive in Bucharest. After a 27 hours flight, we had to waste another three hours on the airport to queue to register the lost baggage. Never mind the time lost by the people waiting for us at the airport. While in the lost luggage office, we received an email from Lufthansa saying that the luggage was delayed and will be dispatched to us at an address of our convenience. They gave us the tracking number and we filled the forwarding address for the luggage. But then after 3 days, the tracking stopped without notice and we lost the trace of our luggage. Last it was seen in Frankfurt we believe.

Now, there is no one to contact and the lost luggage office in Bucharest states that there is not much they can do. They advised us to wait and call them every day. But this hope for the best approach is not what we expected from a company like Lufthansa. In the luggage, we had also vital medicine so now we have to waste time and money for doctors' consultations and medicine. We could not believe that we have these problems with such a reputed company as Lufthansa. Now we are afraid we'll have the same problems on our way back to Sydney.

Original review: June 12, 2022

An absolute mess from beginning to end. Round trip from Lyon to Nuremberg through Frankfurt, of the 4 flights not one was on time and my baggage was lost both ways. I returned on Friday evening, it is now Sunday and my baggage still hasn't been delivered, and any information concerning the delivery I have I had to go fish for myself calling any number I could find.

Arriving to Frankfurt on the first trip we learned that there was no personnel to disembark us so we were stuck on the plane for half an hour and almost missed our connecting flight. On the return the first flight was delayed (of course) so we had to sprint in Frankfurt airport to make the connecting flight. Only one person in Nuremberg to manage check-ins, not enough personnel to manage on board catering. I heard Lufthansa has already cancelled over a thousand flights this summer but clearly they are still unable to manage the remaining ones.

I won't be flying Lufthansa again if I can help it. I would rather take a more complicated or expensive flight path and be sure that my flights will be on time and that I will find my luggage on arrival at my destination. I seriously can not believe that an airline, especially such an old and established one, could be this incompetent and lost.

Original review: June 7, 2022

On 26th May I was to board your plane from DXB to FRA to PTY. My last destination was Grand Cayman Islands since I hold a work permit with Ritz-Carlton Grand Cayman, I had my ticket from Dubai to Grand Cayman Islands, the first ticket was with Lufthansa airline from Dubai to Panama, I had actually sent an email previously to the Germany embassy in Kenya that will transit in Frankfurt and I believed it was ok, I shared with them my travel itinerary and within few minutes they responded with a positive e-mail that it was okay. I can indeed transit in Frankfurt as a Kenyan. I arrived at the desk around 20:30hrs. Your team led by Mr. ** and the duty manager Mr. ** verified all my papers work and documents. This is after several minutes the lady at the desk told me she had to call the right team to verify and that was okay.

After like 30 minutes ** confirmed that all was 99% correct only that he needed to verify with his colleague. This was in A very friendly tone, They went ahead and requested me to log into the digital portal of Grand-cayman that issued me Certificate to travel for some confirmation that they needed and I did so, ** took my phone and went with it to ** for further confirmations. They interrogated my phone and after 4-5 minutes they handed it back to me, after like 3 minutes ** asked the lady at the desk to hand me my papers that I do not qualify to transit in Frankfurt, With all the shock I tried approaching them since this agent lady has no reason at all, I asked ** why am I not able to Transit to Frankfurt, this will cause so much loss on my side considering that I might even lose my job, he told me in a harsh voice that there was nothing he can do. The decision has been made.

I asked both of them please explain what is the main reason behind this? I don’t understand, ** said it's because of asylum, he didn't even pronounce the word correctly. I asked him to pronounce again, he repeated, I asked what does this word mean? ** could not explain and at some point he asked me in a harsh tone, "Are you recording me?" I asked him, "Why would you imagine that I am recording you?" I placed my phone on the agent's table to prove I had no intentions of recording or taking a video, well ** the duty manager said this word meant that I will enter in transit then cross to German inside destroy my documents, I asked him, "Why would I do that?" With ** standing there he said lots of people from our race do this and currently the situation is hard for them to control.

I pulled out the email from the German Embassy in Kenya and tried showing **. He refused even to just have a look, I told them prior to my journey, I had contacted German Embassy in Kenya and they had clearly responded to my e-mail that so long as it's transit in Frankfurt I am allowed, all landed in deaf ears however ** took a minute and looked at the e-mail. After my frustrations and talking with them ** confirmed a full refund will be issued and told me to try checking with Turkish airline. They have a flight at 3am… I was so in easy, I begged him to help me to book the ticket. He said, "No I can just direct you but you need to do this by yourself," I rushed to check with Dnata counter but unfortunately there was no flight available with Turkish airline, whatever was available was business class and AED 4000, The Dnata guy advised me there was several seats with KLM.

I told him prior to booking KLM let me check if they will allow me to board and transit in Amsterdam {Kenyans are allowed to be on transit} I went to KLM desk, as I was explaining myself to the Duty manager again ** appeared and asked them not to allow me that I am not allowed to step in Shengzen countries, I felt so frustrated. Honestly I felt for the first time ever discrimination I have never experienced anywhere, well I gave up. I went back to **. I borrowed his card and told him I have tried all means. It's not possible so the only option I have I will book the next Kenya Airways flight. I go home in tears and he said ok. He couldn’t do much, He told me he had added a remark in my booking that they will refund my booking full price, I thanked him for everything and left Lufthansa counter, I went sat next to KLM desk and did a booking for kenya NBO.

This was the place I felt comfortable and I needed some peace of mind, I would go back to Dubai yes but I had given out all my things knowing that I was relocating to Cayman Islands, My house had been rented to a new tenant from 26th May, 2022, I even jokingly asked my landlord and I have all communications, what if I have to come back and you have already given out my room? I have till 31st, the guy said that it’s ok. I will definitely get a place for you, don’t worry. My UAE visa was to be due on 27TH May 2022. I was in the grace period, so there was no way I would go back to UAE, I would even commit suicide out of pure stress, I decided to book the next flight to Kenya which was at 6:55hrs with Kenya Airways, am now home where at least I am and it even gave me some inner peace.

I tried calling Lufthansa team in Nairobi to explain myself however no one answers, I managed to catch them on chats after several attempts, Geena finally confirmed that I could used the ticket to rebook my flight, I gave her the new dates I wished to travel and she confirmed it was ok, she even called from Germany to get the credit card details for charging extra amount which was the difference, I gave Geena my card details and she confirmed all was ok that she will share the new ticket details shortly in my gmail, after hanging up I waited and waited. I never saw the confirmation, I went back to the charts. I found an update that automated itself that my booking is not eligible for a rebook, this was just a shock, but why? Anyhow I concluded that Lufthansa had flagged me maybe so what about my refund?

In the same evening, I received an apology email from **, why is he apologizing? I concluded it's because he was aware of how they mistreated me. Anyhow I had to quickly change the flight from PTY to GCM because it was for 27TH May 2022, I have the flight tickets, just moving the date costed me extra USD 181. The hotel booking I had booked in Panama for a stay during my layover was not refunded neither did the hotel responded to my plea of moving the booking. It was about USD 24 for 1 night. The flight I now booked from NBO to PTY has costed me USD 1990. I have all invoice with me, was this really necessary? I have all documents in case anything is required. I do NOT wish anyone to undergo such frustrations ever, it was traumatizing.

Resolution response: July 2, 2022

Earlier Lufthansa and its group of Airlines were charging hefty fees for seat selection in the flights. Surprisingly received an email from the president sent me email informing me that now that airline group have reversed that policy. They will not levy fees for selection of seats. It is free. A welcome change to help the passengers. Delta has allowed me to select the seats free of charge. But Air France and its group still collect fees for seat selection. Hope they will also change their existing policy which is ridiculous for International passengers especially for seniors.

Original review: May 31, 2022

I booked a multicity ticket on Expedia and paid the amount. This itinerary involved four legs three involving United and one with Lufthansa. While booking I got the seat numbers in all the three united flights. For the one leg on Lufthansa I was asked to contact Airlines. Nowhere it was mentioned that I had to buy only Premier economy to get the seat number. When I contacted Lufthansa I was informed that I need to pay $400 to get the number in advance. Otherwise it will be allocated at the check in. This is so ridiculous. When United gave new seat numbers why Lufthansa wants me to pay 400$ just for one leg.

Some airlines may charge 30$ or so which makes sense. But demanding $400 and change entire ticket is ridiculous. Expedia should have known that and should have informed while booking. Fortunately I contacted inmediately within 24 hrs and could cancel. The passengers should be careful while booking ticket on Expedia with Lufthansa. Just for information of all passengers. Warning to passengers.

Original review: May 25, 2022

Very early this year my wife and I purchased airline tickets for an international trip. We used United Airlines domestically and then their partner airline Lufthansa, for our international legs. The trip from Spokane Washington to Barcelona Spain is long and it is three different legs. The return flight is from Oslo Norway back to Spokane and is also three different legs.

My wife and I are both senior citizens and it is important for us to sit together for obvious reasons. When we purchased our tickets we were given seat assignments on United and were told that we would be receiving seat assignments on Lufthansa very soon. We patiently waited and now, as our trip is approaching within 2 weeks, we still don't have seat assignments for any of our international legs. A month ago I went online and tried everything prior on their website. I'm fairly technically savvy the lack of resolution was not due to my inability to navigate a website. The online experience was very frustrating as I was constantly redirected in a giant circle when trying to get a seat assignment. They want you to pay extra for a seat assignment - new information to us. I was getting nervous and was willing to pay and tried to pay but the website would not allow it. When that didn't work I tried calling.

I have spent countless (more than 20) hours on hold in hopes of speaking to someone but to no avail. I went online to try and find a number where I can speak to a live person but none of the numbers worked. One actually was to a pharmacy back east somewhere. I tried to "chat" with someone and they told me we had to go through United Airlines since we bought our tickets through them. When I told them that I had actually spoken to someone at United and they told me that we had to go through Lufthansa, the chat person disconnected without even an apology for not being able to help me or a goodbye. I was so upset that I printed off the chat session and plan to share it with a Lufthansa customer service agent when we fly.

Next, I tried to email Lufthansa's customer service department and I was thrilled to get a reply within 24 hours. They asked me personal information, confirmation number and a few other logical pieces of information in order to verify my identity and my itinerary. I immediately provided them the requested information and thanked them profusely for their reply. Sadly, it has been almost a week and I have had no reply. I hope that the customer service we receive on the plane will be better than what we have received so far. I bet it will be, as the bar has been set very low.

Original review: April 29, 2022

My original flight to Melbourne was cancelled by Lufthansa, they put me on an alternative flight that meant 16 hours layover in Singapore, phoned them to find a more suitable option. They put me on another flight which apparently they did "by mistake" - 4 days before flying that flight disappeared off the booking - when phoned them, (4 times, every time they put me on hold for hours and hung up).. On the 4th time they said they can't find a flight to put me on as the fares are different so they can only take me up to Singapore and I'll have to find my own flight to Melbourne (the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard by a major airline and I'm a frequent traveller).

After wasting hours and hours I've gone nowhere with them - 4 days before my flight instead of packing, I'm trying to find flights to Melbourne. Extremely stressed out. Customer service is absolutely horrendous. One of them threatened to disconnect the call because I was 'upset' and then disconnected my call too. AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS!!!!

Original review: April 26, 2022

First flight was delayed for hours, resulting in missing the connecting flight (and, thus, a family affair I was traveling to!) and horrific, tense, forced layover in the unfriendly Frankfurt airport. Only thanks to phone calls with my travel agent did I find alternative flights which I informed the Lufthansa desk about (for their part, they were ready to gave me wait two DAYS for another flight!!). Return trip delays also caused a too close for comfort connection which I managed to catch - however my baggage did not! Since then, I have been enmeshed in a Kafkaesque story of trying to obtain any information regarding my missing luggage but am unable to receive any kind of reply regarding its fate. Have phoned both Germany and local offices, sent emails, feedback forms and posted on their facebook page - all to no avail. I will walk swim drive or sail before I will ever use Lufthansa again.

Original review: April 16, 2022

I have flown for 30+ years with my tickets being issued in the name Kim. My passport is Kimberly. I flew two weeks ago from Seattle to Germany then to Florence ON LUFTHANSA with my tickets issued under Kim, but when we tried to come home a guy at the ticket counter who obviously hated his job, refused to print my boarding pass. He said the system wouldn’t allow him to issue it if the name on the reservation didn’t match exactly to the passport. I was unable to change my name on my ticket in time for the flight which caused us to have to purchase new tickets on a later flight. A 3,000 euro flight. There was no reason for this.

My ID matched my ticket and I’ve never had this issue before. If they weren’t so laidback and nonchalant about it I wouldn’t be so angry. The whole day turned into a nightmare and an expensive one. Second Covid test, waiting at the airport for 24 hours. They just shrugged their shoulders like it was no big deal. I’ll never use them again.

Original review: April 13, 2022

I flew Lufthansa from Tel Aviv to Vancouver with a connection in Frankfurt. We waited over four hours in line to check in in TLV, and our flight was delayed as a result of the wait. I paid for two reserved seats, but within minutes, the plane and my seat were switched, and they put me in the middle seat with two strangers, and my husband in the middle seat with two strangers for the 5.5-hour flight.

Due to the flight's delay, we're on the run to catch our connecting flight. We made it, but our luggage did not. They arrived two days later. YVR may have been our final destination, but we weren't yet home; we were without clothes and had to purchase them until the following day. We received two small meals during the ten-hour flight from Frankfurt to Vancouver; Lufthansa does not serve snacks; you must wait for the meal. Because they were out of chicken, we were forced to eat pasta. Lufthansa refused to reimburse me for the clothes and reserved seat when I emailed them. I will not fly with them in the future.

Original review: March 30, 2022

We had to cancel our trip, thank goodness we purchased refundable tickets. However, due to having a disabled spouse I had to purchase seat assignments ahead of time. When I called to get a refund for the assigned seating fees I was told they were not refundable. Can't get a seat assignment without paying, then won't give the funds back when the trip had to be canceled due to illness. Terrible customer service.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I had to cancel my flight and paid $200 penalty because of US visa denial. Lufthansa refused to grant a new ticket later and were out of reach for appeals. Does Lufthansa need a poor customer's charity donation? If we can't make it to the flight and the ticket is upgraded to an open ticket, with extra penalty of $200 paid, why can't we get our ticket when we are able to travel? It's been 5 years and we're still trying to talk to someone from Lufthansa and get the ticket we paid twice money for.

Original review: March 24, 2022

My bank declined my payment due to possible fraud due to my Fraud protection plan. The pending charge dropped off my statement but this company came back days later and submitted the payment again. Unauthorized. I tried to reach them and they were rude. One agent told me that I would be refunded the entire amount but never did. Tried to reach out. No answer after hours of the horrible music in my ear and was unsuccessful. When I finally reached an another agent they told me my money would not be refunded only the taxes and fees then I was hung up on and still has been unable to reach anyone. ZERO STARS.

Original review: March 10, 2022

Where to start... Our entire group of 7 hands down said this was the worst experience traveling we have ever had and we all travel a ton. We understood the weather issues, they happen. Everything else wasted our time excessively. Here is the breakdown of what happened.

- Flight: Seattle to Frankfurt (Great). - Flight: Frankfurt to Madeira. - Circle above Madeira try to land get directed back to Lisbon. - Go to Lisbon then back to Frankfurt **Where it all goes downhill**. - Stay night in Frankfurt - can't give us details on if they can book us but to show up at 7 the next morning. - Flight: Two groups split half go to Porto. Other half Frankfurt to Munich then to Porto. - Wait in airport till 8PM, flight cancelled (Fine, these things happen with weather).

- Wait in a line for a few hours just to be taken to a hotel and to come back the next day. - Booked for Thursday morning but messed up an individual's to the point that he can't do anything on the app (Makes 0 sense). We are told to come back at 8 PM on Thursday for the flight. - After chatting with them we find out the bikes made it to Porto except 1 (They want us to open up a case but that might mess up everything). We also did this on our own accord if we didn't our bikes would not have come with us to the final destination.

- Get call at 3:55 AM saying we missed our flight, they changed without notice so two of our members go to the airport. - We chat that morning and are about to go to the airport to figure it out when the front desk lady of the hotel says that we need to be out by 1 as taxis are coming. THEY CHANGED OUR FLIGHT AGAIN WITHOUT NOTICE. - Go to airport for flight find out they didn’t transfer our bike reservation to it and they can’t fit them now. - Individual chats with them for 4 hours. - Gets us finally on a larger flight that will take our bags. - Charged $60 extra dollars per bike

We spent 7 days in airports and airplanes out of 11. In the first 5 days we had 12 hours not in an airport or plane because of everything. We tried to make the best of the weather delays and enjoy the city we got stuck in. But with your changes without telling us and your complete lack of car for your customers we didn't get any days. We lost all of our time to this. Weather is fine, what you guys pulled is not you need to fix this. Lufthansa my booking code is ** - Do the right thing and get in contact with me and my group.

Original review: March 5, 2022

Incredible. Why are we allowing this airline commit theft and fraud? They break every rule of commerce. From taking reservations from San Antonio to Oslo, taking payment and then three hours later, determined that they needed to cancel a leg (United to Chicago) but not return the funds. And then their barbarism began:

1. Go, as directed, to the website.
2. Find the after filling in forms in three parts of the site, the website won’t receive a refund request.

3. Through United, I was told I had to call Lufthansa: Phone number 1 (866) 953-2294. For 3 hours of music phone. 1 (866) 953-2294. For four hours phone (516) 296-9650 left it running for a couple hours. 1 (800) 645-3880 for new passengers and it was picked up.

4. Then this bizarre discussion:
Me: Luftansa cancelled my flight I want my money back.
Response: It’s a nonrefundable ticket.
Me: But Lufthansa isn’t honoring my reservation. They are not providing the promised service. They do not have a right to this money.

Response: Okay, will send you an email with confirmation of the refund not. (No email came.)

I will put in a complaint to FAA and FTC. But the time and misery. And now I see this is their level of integrity. This company should not be allowed to operate in the US.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I had bought tickets to Moscow, and flights were cancelled with airspace restrictions. Tickets were purchased in Rubles at a $78 RUB/USD and refunded at $125 RUB/USD - they made $1500 off the devaluation of the RUB. I requested credits so I can use towards future tickets but I was refused. Rude customer service agents; they seemed very out off when I requested to escalate when I didn't believe their policy was appropriate. Then I was indignantly told to escalate on their website if I didn't like their response - when I asked how I do that, he couldn't answer... We likely could have solved the issue of the '24 hour' service center was actually open 24 hours/day - it automatically disconnected calls until 10 am.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Updated on 02/17/2022: I’m so glad finally Lufthansa Airlines refund my money. Thanks to ConsumerAffairs for forwarding my message to Lufthansa. Three days ago I was shocked when I received an Email from Lufthansa airline staff that my ticket is nonrefundable, I was shocked and heartbroken, it’s so painful. But later on I received an alert Lufthansa refund my money, So glad and really appreciate. I will now add more 3 stars⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ to Lufthansa instead of the previous one star ⭐️ that I gave them before.

Original Review: I bought a ticket with Lufthansa on my trip to Tehran from Abuja but unfortunately they refused to allow me boarding because of transit visa and and after I canceled my flight they refused to refund my money ($1300). This is the biggest scammed that I ever face in my life, A whole German Airline company can scam an ordinary poor passenger like me. This is a big shame…. And I will never forgive.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

I supposed to travel in December 25 2021 and I got covid 19 positive. I had to cancel my flight and they only refunded me the taxes. This airline prefer that the customers travel with covid if not the people lost their money. My recommendation is not travel to this airline. They only matter the money not the pandemic.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2022

Why did anyone bail out this lousy airline? This company has the rudest people (employees). They hate their jobs and they hate their customers. They were going bankrupt for a reason. But don’t worry. They will again, and soon.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I tried to fly from Delhi to Dublin during Jan, 2022 and they cancelled one of my flights. The only alternative they said I could take was to cancel the trip and get a partial refund (40% of the total cost paid), but when I booked the flight it gave me option to rebook the flight. I hence emailed them and called them several times to get a confirmation on this, but they wouldn't reply to emails or take calls. I do not know why they have a customer relations department or if they even do have one. The trick is usually used by booking agents, but it is disappointing to know such a big airline industry follows such tricks. Please do not plan your journey with this airlines.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2022

Not only do you spend literally several hours waiting, but the reps also do not know basic things, give you self-contradicting information and hang up when they're stuck. Wasted a few days on hold and the issue's still not resolved a few hours before departure. The issue's caused by Lufthansa randomly changing things up on us in the last minute. DON'T give them your money next time!! BAD BUSINESS!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I have a return flight that I need to reschedule. I tried to do this via the app and online but for some unknown reason it required me call the service centre to make this change. The first 3 calls I made were disconnected due to high call volumes, an automated message said to call back later. I called back later and was on hold for 50 minutes before someone appeared to answer but then there was no-one on the line, just silence. I called back and was on hold again for around 50 minutes, only to be disconnected again after what appeared to be someone answering the call. Finally, I called back and after an hour and 4 minutes of being on hold and talking with the agent, I was able to change my flight. Why couldn't I just do this online and save everyone's time? So frustrating. I will think twice before travelling with Lufthansa again. The only reason I have historically was because of their pet policy.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

United Airline's "partner" overseas is LUFTHANSA airlines. I am a premier status frequent flyer with United. But due to recent Horrible experiences with Lufthansa, I will not book any future overseas flights with them. On December 22, 2021 I was returning home from Spain thru Frankfurt Airport to Houston. All USA bound passengers were herded to Gate Z50 where at least 300 people were jammed in a very small holding room. No lines, no one there to assist us. Definitely no social distancing!

After a 20 minute wait for our paperwork was checked for the 4th time and we were herded onto shuttle busses, again standing nose to nose with another 20 minute wait. Then driven to our plane only to find out that they had forgotten to de-ice it! So back we go to find another plane. Board that plane only to find out that the catering truck couldn't find the plane! So we had another 30 minute wait before taking off. Needless to say that everyone missed connecting flights. The United customer service desk in Houston helped us with hotel and food vouchers. (There was no one working the LUFTANSA desk!) This was not my first time flying with LUFTHANSA. Other flights to Italy were just as bad. You can't select your seats in advance! Even tho we paid to upgrade. Customer service phone reps are in the Philippines and poorly trained. I couldn't understand or hear one due to the ROOSTERS crowing in the background! DONT FLY LUFTANSA!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Called to rebook a flight - first someone hung up on me while pretended to be working anyway. I called them before to book sports equip - had to call 3 times as it was impossible to do. Demanded to speak to a manager - got a response that there isn't any.... The worst airline in 2021.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I am senior citizen. On Nov 24 I paid Lufthansa $ 1595.91 For a flight on Jan 3rd 2022. Because of omicron / plans must be changed. On Dec. 17 Lufthansa send me message my ticket is canceled.

- I have not been able to reach any one in customer service.
- It is brain damaging experience to deal with Lufthansa.

- I want either Full refund or voucher of same value that can be used with other airlines. Lufthansa removed my booking my receipt from the portal, and they are saying that they have refunded my ticket, I have not received my payment of $1595.91./ Please help.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2021

If I could give a zero rating I would. Whatever situation you are in DO NOT book Lufthansa airline. They are using the whole COVID situation to rip people off and their money. They give you no info about COVID test and would blame you for that. They would tag you as no show even if it’s their fault for not checking you in just so you can pay a ridiculous price to rebook.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

Please do not under any circumstance use this airline. They are totally inconsiderate and careless about their customers. They will rip you off if you need to make any change whatsoever to your travel plans. They will not inform you if you need transit visa nor what the exact covid protocols are until when you come to check in- They make up the rules as they go along just to make sure you do not get on the flight and they can then sting you for no show fee. Please avoid this airline like a plague!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

It was our first time away as a couple, just the two of us...without our kids. A much needed getaway that wasn't quite as stress free and relaxing as it should have been. Un-notified Changes: On 2 occasions, Lufthansa eliminated or switched our seats. We paid extra for the choice to select our seats and on two different occasions, they were erased from record. Thankfully my wife is very diligent and would check regularly. During one of these random checks she noticed that the seats were changed (so that we were not sitting next to each other). After a total 14 HOURS of time on hold/talking with customer service we finally were able to confirm (*we hoped*) that our seats were together and where we selected them/paid extra for.

Poor Communication: The communication with Lufthansa and their partner airlines (except United) were horrible. Lack of information was shared, false details were relayed to us. I fly a lot and this was one of the most stressful travel experiences I've ever had. Broken AC on overnight flight: We finally boarded our overnight flight from Denver to Frankfurt, but the AC was broken and it was 86 degrees in the cabin. I verified this with my watch thermometer. They made no effort to rectify the horrible overnight (9 hour) flying experience. This made for an exhausting next day when we finally arrived.

Lost Baggage: My baggage was lost in Italy and the process for getting it back was long and stressful. Finally after 6 days, while calling to confirm 5x a day I was able to get my work equipment back. Communication during this was slow and I often found inaccuracies with the data they had in the system. Lost Wages/Work Equipment: I was traveling for work and they lost my personal shelter and technical safety gear. Because my Shelter was in the hands of Lufthansa, I had to spend extra money on 2x hotel nights and In order to do my job I purchased just enough equipment so I could perform my work duties. Lufthansa/Swiss Air would only reimburse me for 50% of this, leaving me with significant costs due to their error.

..MORE bad communication: I've tried to contact Customer Relations, but as of today it's been 25 days without a response from them. I feel I've given them a chance to make this right (at the very least reimbursement for shelter/work equipment) so I'm doing my best to make sure this horrible travel experience doesn't happen to anyone else in the future. AVOID Lufthansa/Swiss Air at all costs... It's just not worth it.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

I wish there was ZERO Star/Rating. Lufthansa has the worst service any human being can experience. At SeaTac Airport the manager of Lufthansa was Rude, Racist, Disrespectful and Impatient. Lufthansa doesn’t refunded your money even after paying Insurance. My experience from Lufthansa and the staff was the WORST EXPERIENCE I have experience. I Will Never Book with Lufthansa after the treatment they offered to me. Please be aware of how bad Lufthansa airlines is.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

My family and l were traveling from Seattle Washington on October 16, 2021 from SeaTac Airport. We experienced a family emergency and needed to travel ASAP to Kenya. Lufthansa Airlines were unprofessional, rude and disrespectful. There was a delay on the eVisa and instead of explaining to us the process, they shut down and in fact refused to make any eye contact. The manager was the worst, how does this Airline even operate. I will pay thousands of dollars and fly with another Airline over Lufthansa. When people are in their time of need, you as an Airline are supposed to work and find a solution. How come Emirates allowed for us to fly with them and wait for the eVisa in Dubai while Lufthansa declined??

The customer service was the worst and I would never wish it even on my worst enemy. My God what happened to assisting people on their worst day of their lives? We were not asking for charity we just needed some direction or even someone to show us how to reschedule our flight. Worst worst experience. Never ever will you get our money. Please fly with another airline.

Lufthansa Company Information