2.2/5 (79 ratings)

About Lufthansa

Lufthansa Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Lufthansa?

Original review: April 8, 2020

I purchased two return flight plane tickets from Gdansk, Poland to Houston, TX months prior. I even paid extra for seat assignments because I did not want to do another United Airlines. United Airlines assigned me two seats that were not together which is not good flying 11 hours without being able to comfort someone who has issues with flying. Anyway on Feb. 8th, 2020, I went on the Lufthansa app to see if I can prepay for an additional checked in luggage. The app gave me an upgrade price that was a little more than an additional luggage and would include the extra luggage for free. So I decided to make the upgrade on the flight from Gdansk to Frankfurt and then Frankfurt to Germany and I paid for the new seat assignment too.

Later on that day, I got a text from my credit card that my limit was low. I went to check why and it seems that Lufthansa charged me over $3000 USD when the app told me it was going to be about $1000 USD. I started trying to get a hold of Lufthansa Customer Service. Since I was traveling away from home, it was difficult for me to get my cellular roaming service long enough to call Lufthansa. When I was able to get through, I was met with voice recording after another because their Customer Service was getting "slammed" due to some northern European storm. When I did get a hold of Customer Service (after 2 hours of waiting each time), Customer Service kept telling me that I bought non refundable tickets, so I could not get a refund. I explained that I was trying to cancel the upgrades since the price has increased substantially from what I was originally informed.

After going in circles in multiple conversations due to accidental hang ups from Lufthansa Customer Service, I finally got someone who told me that I had to go through Ticketing instead of Customer Service and I could not contact Ticketing directly. Customer Service has to request someone from Ticketing to call the customer back which was an issue for me as, again, I was in the middle of a trip with bad roaming cellular service.

Unfortunately, it seems that my fiancée had to threaten fraud charges on their Facebook page before we actually got a response. The same day she did that I got an email from someone in Ticketing stating they were trying to call me so I immediately gave them a local resident's phone number where I finally felt like I was getting proper service. I was informed that the app seems to have classified me one way which gave me a good upgrade price for the flights, but the error in classification was corrected just before billing.

The Ticketing agent told me that they would refund the upgrades and reset my tickets to the original along with the old seating assignments. So, we waited a few days and the upgrades were refunded, but the upgraded seat assignments were not which were around another $132 USD. I then spent a few more weeks attempting to get a hold of Ticketing again through Customer Service. And again, it seems my fiancée had to make another threat on their Facebook page before we got someone that was not giving us the run around again. And again, over the phone, we were informed that the seat assignment refunds has now been requested and we should see that in 10 days. This was Mar. 2nd, 2020.

Today is Apr. 8th, 2020, and I have been "reminding Lufthansa" on Facebook about the promised seat assignment refunds every few days. And this is the response we are now getting from Lufthansa... "Hi, here's our statement on refunds: "Refunds continue to remain possible. Our service centers, however, are at present giving priority to necessary rebookings and the coordination of repatriation flights.We are also aware of the legal situation and refunds of course continue to remain possible. We kindly ask for your understanding that due to the current situation it is not possible to uphold the usual deadlines." /Jack"

At this point, it seems that our return flight to Poland maybe canceled due to the COVID-19 flight cancellations/slowdown, which now has me wondering about that too. I have seen companies make it very difficult to get in contact with someone who could actually help a customer and even harder to cancel or get refunds. Usually, these companies make a living this way such as AOL, gym memberships, and other sketchy companies. I never expected this sort of experience with a major traveling company. Especially about the part of refusing to document their customer service actions, discussions, and refunds. Everything is done by the phone which has no real record. They practically ignore emails and forms submitted from their website.

Original review: March 24, 2020

Hello, I had booked flight tickets for my aged in-laws on 13th Feb 2020. After 2 days of booking the primary passenger ((Stanislaus/Joseph **) passed away as he met with accident. First I was asking to refund fully and they requested Power of Attorney and I sent to them. And after that they said it is not valid and they apologized for that and asked me to send more documents and it is too hard to get all the documents from my country immediately and I asked to refund the money after the penalty.... So I asked the customer agent to cancel the ticket for the deceased passenger and after confirming with agent that there is a 190 euro of penalty. They cancelled it and confirmed with reference code of ** and he promised it is in refund queue. But now I want to cancel the other passenger ticket also for the other passenger as she can't travel alone and also due to COVID-19 but the airline keep on asking for my in-law death certificate and other details.

All I wanted to cancel both tickets with penalty of 190 Euro.. But the airline does not respond all the details as they we have to confirm with finance department. Original booking code for 2 passengers is ** and Cancellation of Primary passenger booking reference booking code: **. Really very much disappointed with the Big airlines like Lufthansa.

Original review: March 19, 2020

I have been on call for 3 hours trying to change my existing reservation due to Covid-19. Lufthansa drops my call every 35 mins. I am really frustrated now and don’t know how to contact them. This is really the worst customer service I have experienced so far.

Original review: March 14, 2020

I purchased premium seats for a March 2020 flight that was cancelled due to COVID 19 worldwide pandemic. I could not fly overseas, let alone through Germany. Spent $600 for premium seats and cancelled flight in advance of departure. DESPITE no flight, no service, LUFTHANSA REFUSES REFUND. Customer Service is tone-deaf and heartless.

I agree service by phone and web is horrible. Airlines is horrible too. I have 35 years plus international travel and have NEVER experienced such horrible customer service (Philip ** in customer relations). Simply heartless, money-grubbing company. The company does not understand that a worldwide pandemic is not license to STEAL money from people. WORSE AIRLINE EVER> NEVER USE.

Original review: March 4, 2020

Their customer service easily the worst in the world. The Australian service Center number goes to Philippines. The service officers cannot speak English and do not understand simple instructions. I asked for my ticket to be changed due to a death of a family member. I provided all supporting documents. They didn’t reply for over a week. I had to call every day. Finally, over the phone, they said we have received all your documents. However, we can’t help. I have never experienced such low quality customer service elsewhere. Stay away from Lufthansa.

Original review: March 4, 2020

I cancelled my flight because of coronavirus. I was assured that it will take 10 business days to get refund. It has been 10 days and still no refund. I rang them and told me that I have to wait for another 10 business days... I would never ever use Lufthansa again!!!!

Original review: March 4, 2020

I booked a flight for Italy at the end of March. Because of the coronavirus, Lufthansa's site it was allowing rebooking. When attempting to do so, a link titled "refund tickets" came up. I clicked it, hoping for a refund instead of a rebooking. It cancelled my flight. I would have never just cancelled and lost my money. I would have rebooked. I called their customer support, and was told a hold would be put on the request, and that my tickets were still valid. The next day I got an email from Travelocity informing me my flights had been cancelled. I called Lufthansa back. I spoke with a second person who said I would receive a waiver and that if I contacted Travelocity, they could process the refund. When I did that they contacted Lufthansa, which told them the tickets would not be refunded.

I called Lufthansa again, and was told there could be no reversal. When I asked for a manager, they put me on hold and then hung up. I called again and the fourth person told me the other persons should have never told me anything. They also would not put me in touch with a manager. It is clear they only intended to give a customer a run-around until they give up trying to get a refund. This is no way to run a business. I will remember how I was treated, will tell everyone who listens, and will never fly Lufthansa.

Original review: March 3, 2020

I booked a flight with 2 colleagues to the German window show and the show was canceled because of the coronavirus. The airline did not make any consideration due to this national health emergency and would not refund any part of the airfare or allow an alternate flight date. Very poor customer treatment and I will never fly Lufthansa again - there are many other better airlines who want my business in the future.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2020

Booked a flight on Lufthansa to Italy in January. Upon news of coronavirus outbreak attempted to have the tickets refunded. Unaware that I had purchased low-fare tickets (non-refundable) I followed prompts in the online cancellation, which for some reason still give you the refund option. Needless to say it was a mistake on my part, however, I called Lufthansa mere minutes later attempting to reverse my error and was assured there was absolutely nothing to be done about it. The cancellation hadn't even been process yet. Nothing, really? It seems a lack of sympathy on the part of the airline for human error. Kind of slimy actually. The flight was surely very empty and unlikely to fill up in the wake of the most recent surge of cases in Italy. Would not recommend this airline.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

I could have never imagined a big company like Lufthansa would fool me around for 2 months to get refund for a cancelled flight. They have a 24 hour cancellation policy which I used and I was assured I would get my refund back in 5-10 business days. It's been over 6 weeks and still waiting. I called at least 10 times and every time they are telling me it is being processed. What a bunch of liars. This was my first experience with Lufthansa and it would be the last. I would never ever use it again and definitely not recommend it to anyone. If someone from Lufthansa reads and cares about this my booking#**. Today is Feb 7, 2020, flight was cancelled on December 28, 2019, I'm just told by your customer service that it would be another 2 weeks. Still waiting...

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

After with some confusion at the check in. Me and my kids had to board the flight, my husband had to catch the next flight. We checked in late. They had to put us in separate seats. Which one fine since we were so tired and just wanted to go home. Few minutes before landing in America I asked a flight attendant to lower my children book bags since they couldn’t reach it. She replied that, "We won’t do it" and I that I have to. I told her there is no way since people going to stand up and there is no way I can go thru. She just looked at me and I just said never mind. Since it looked like she didn’t care. Try to call and complain. Lufthansa told me I had to do it online. I was never treated this way. She was so rude and ignorant. And this were business seats.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2020

Lufthansa airways are a bunch of THIEVES!!! We purchased 3 business class tickets with this airline and when we canceled the return flight they refunded us $60 after their customer support team told us we would be refunded $3500. We were also informed that if the refund did not meet our satisfaction we would be able to have the flights reinstated and based on this information we canceled. We tried to get our flights back and they absolutely refused, flights we paid for!!!! The customer experience is shocking and their lack of response and willingness to accommodate us is unacceptable. Why does the airline not calculate your refund on their site and then tell you to call their customer support and then they give you the wrong information!!!! DO NOT SPEND YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON THEM!!!!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

THE ABSOLUTE WORST. Lufthansa customer service has

1. Dropped my calls.
2. Not interested to help.

3. RUDE.

Had notified customer service that I would not be able to make it to my OUTBOUND flight. I REBOOKED for the following day with Swiss Air and Lufthansa CANCELLED MY RETURN INBOUND FLIGHT. I repeatedly called and spoken to customer service to notify that I would not make the outbound flight while also rebooking it. Yet without advising me they cancelled my return inbound flight. No one made note of my calls. And when trying to figure out why my return flight was cancelled they kept telling about their no show policy. Which does not apply to me because I had consistently told them that I had to cancel. My money has been wasted and my whole trip ruined. As a frequent flyer I WILL NEVER FLY ON LUFTHANSA. I am devastated and furious (to say it lightly). Please be aware and absolutely DO NOT fly on this airline unless you want your money wasted and to be treated without respect.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2020

CAUTION! LUFTHANSA ARE THIEVES! We had purchased 3 tickets and we were assured that the cancellation policy was lenient if we needed to cancel our tickets. One of our 3 travellers was not able to travel with us due to health issues and we wanted to cancel 1 of the 3 tickets. Instead, Lufthansa cancelled all 3 of our tickets and kept all the money ($4000)!!! I advise everyone to stay clear of this "World Class" Airline as they are nothing but a bunch of LIARS AND THIEVES! - Jonathan ** (Case Number: **)

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

About 8 days before my Lufthansa flight from Vancouver to Sweden to spend Christmas with my family (the first time in 4 years that we would all be in the same place together), I noticed that my last name was printed twice on my e-ticket. I realized right away what had happened: a simple computer autofill error (you know, the one that’s supposed to save you time when you’re filling out online forms) caused my last name to appear both in the first name field beside my actual first name, and in the last name field on the booking. I immediately called Lufthansa customer service to notify them of the error and ask them to make a correction. The customer support person who took my call told me that the correction could be done easily, but had to be requested through the booking agency who reserved the ticket on my behalf: Flight Network. Lufthansa would not help me directly with the name correction.

I called Flight Network immediately and asked them to fix the mistake right away. I sent a copy of my passport (as they requested) to both flight network to verify my identity. 8 days before my flight departure date. The travel agency got back to me within a day or two and told me that Lufthansa was unable to correct the name. I let them know that the Lufthansa customer service agent I spoke with told me that it was possible, and asked them to try again.

I also called again and spoke with another Lufthansa agent, who told me again that they would love to help me make the correction right now, but could not deal with me directly since Flight Network made the booking on my behalf. They assured me once again that the correction could in fact be made. I told them that my travel agent was having some difficulties getting that answer from Lufthansa on their end, and I was given a travel agency support line for Flight Network to call to sort out this error. I was also told to email a copy of my passport to Lufthansa to expedite the process, which I did immediately. I called again and told this to Flight Network. They tried again to proceed with the name correction, but to no avail.

Lufthansa’s travel agency support representatives would not correct the name for them when they asked. Apparently the Lufthansa agent told my travel agent that since the first leg of the flight was run in partnership with Air Canada, they were unable to do any name changes at all (excuse #1). Upset by this answer, I told my travel agency that, based on what I had been told, this didn’t make any sense.

Flight Network then conference called me on a new call to the travel agent Lufthansa support team. When my agent told Lufthansa that when I spoke with customer service they had said it was possible, the Lufthansa agent told my travel agent to tell me not to call their support line again because it was only for customers who booked through Lufthansa directly and I was not allowed to call their agents at all. Lufthansa said again they would not do the name change, and advised my agent to tell me I would have to pay to purchase a new ticket if I wanted to fly to Sweden at all.

After the conference call, I was devastated. I had already spent $2,200 on the first ticket. I had already checked online. To buy a new ticket last-minute would cost me waaaay more than the original $2,200, not to mention that that cost would be on top of the original ticket I already paid for. I simply could not afford that option. My agent advised me to call Lufthansa customer support again and ask to speak to a manager to plead my case and ask for an exception.

I called Lufthansa again. This time, their customer service line told me that they could not make the name change because their policy would only allow 2-digit alterations, and my last name was 4 digits long (excuse #2). I would need to cancel the ticket and book again. I asked for help with this. They refused to help me find a new ticket, and told me they could not help me any further. I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting on hold for 45 minutes, the supervisor (there was no manager) finally answered the phone. They told me that name changes to tickets were only ever eligible in the first 24 hours after purchase (excuse #3). And that since I did not catch the mistake immediately, I could not board the plane with the ticket I purchased – even if I had called weeks earlier. That would leave a $2200 ticket paid for with absolutely no one eligible to use it.

I begged, I pleaded, and I cried. I had no shame asking for a miracle from Lufthansa to spend the holidays with my Swedish family. The agent conceded to refund my ticket if I was able to find a Lufthansa flight leaving from the same location on the same day, and arriving at the same location on the same day as the original ticket – 3 days before my departure day. I asked them to help me find a last minute flight. They refused to help me, and would not look in their database to see if there were, in fact, any flights available. They told me I needed to call back my travel agency to communicate this with them and ask for their help.

Back on the phone with Flight Network, I told them what the supervisor said. They got to work right away looking for flights. They found 1 option. For $6000, I could purchase a new ticket. One with the correct name – a name with my last name printed on it only once. But again, that was not an option I could afford. Who has the money to spend $6000 on a holiday plane ticket? Not me.... So I cried some more. Then asked my travel agent what I should do now. They told me that I could try to show up at the airport with my passport, and all of my emails, and that the airport staff could read the notes on my file about the name change and that they had the power to make a final decision about whether or not they would let me on the plane. It was a risk, but at this point my only option.

I knew that the first leg of my trip was run by Air Canada. So I called their customer service line. After waiting 1 hour and 45 minutes to speak with an agent, I finally got connected. I told them I was calling about a name correction on my ticket. I gave them my confirmation number, and the agent immediately asked me if it was about the duplication of my last name, which was clearly a mistake. I said “yes! Can you help me?”

She said that since the flight was booked through Lufthansa, she couldn’t make any changes, and advised me to contact the Lufthansa customer service line for this simple name correction. I explained to her that I already had, and that they wouldn’t help me. She said that if it has been Air Canada’s flight, she would have done the name change right there and then. But since the booking was owned by Lufthansa, she couldn’t… I asked her to put a note in my file that I had called with this request so the ticket agents would see it when I tried to check in the next day. She did. And apologized that she couldn’t do more.

It was just a waiting game now…. Just over 24 hours to my flight, and all I could do was show up and hope that some understanding ticket agent could help me in person. I looked online one more time for an eligible replacement flight… nothing was available. My mom, called another travel agent to get a second opinion. They told her that the ticket agent at the airport should be able to see the notes in the file and make the name change when we arrived to check in in person.

So on December 20th I showed up at the airport just over 3 hours in advance for my international flight. I got in the Air Canada check-in line, and waited to speak to an agent. When I got to the counter, and explained the error, the agent told me she could fix it no problem… and then she looked at who was operating the second leg of the flight. Unfortunately, she said couldn’t change just the first part of my ticket – I would have to talk to a Lufthansa agent. She told me to go to their airport help desk kiosk and ask them to do it now.

So I went over to their ticket agent help desk location… only there was nobody at the desk. Not a single staff member. Apparently they are only available in person at the airport at specific times to help their customers, and this was not one of those times. I asked an airport staff member for help locating their office. There is no office. The best they could do was to give me a customer support number to call... I started dialing, but I already knew what was coming before the phone even began to ring.

When I called Lufthansa support AGAIN, they told me that the name change was possible (yes!), and that they would do it for me (yes!), except that I had to get my travel agent to call on my behalf (no...). Total déjà vu. I said “I’ve heard this before… are you sure?” She said yes. 100%. I asked for her name and her call back number, and told her that I would get Flight Network to call right back. In a race against the clock, I called Flight Network and by some miracle got connected with customer service promptly. I told them that Lufthansa was willing to change the ticket right before my flight, and convinced my agent to call the number and ask for the representative I was speaking with. I went on hold.

When the call was re-connected, my agent told me that he was unable to talk to the person I talked to, despite his request, and that Lufthansa would still not fix the name. I felt like I was on the worst roller coaster ride of my life – the last week had been a series of hopeful highs followed by sudden drops of despair. I cried. Again. He told me he would conference call me with a Lufthansa agent again to explain one more time as the clock ticked closer and closer to boarding time.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, Air Canada was trying everything they could on their side to get the ticket fixed. I could see least 3 agents at the desk with me working on my case. They told me more than once that if only it was their ticket, they would change it in a heartbeat. This is what human compassion and decency looks like! Air Canada showed some real holiday spirit.

Back in the conference call, the Lufthansa agent told my Flight Network agent and me that Lufthansa would still not change my ticket. She said that the manager had already offered a refund. I clarified that that refund was based on the mandatory purchase of a $6000 ticket. And I simply could not afford it. I begged again for a different option. I told her that Air Canada would approve the ticket change. It was just Lufthansa’s own unreasonable policies that were holding me back. Plus, I was already at the airport! I had been there for almost 2 hours already. I was probably the only one who could even take the seat for that flight at this point. Just let me buy that one back at the same price!

I asked to speak to the manager. She said the only person higher than her who worked there was the (unhelpful) supervisor that I spoke to before, but that I was not allowed to speak to the supervisor again. It was their policy that a customer could only speak to the supervisor once ever, and I had already had my turn, so I was not permitted to speak with them a second time to plead my case. I then asked to speak to the supervisor’s manager. She said that the only other person who had more authority was a ticket agent. I said “great, I’ll talk to them!” She said that I could find them at the airport. At the kiosk. I told her that there were no staff at the kiosk at that time, and that Lufthansa had not created an office in the Vancouver airport for their customers. She said that was too bad then, there was nothing she could do. I asked for a number I could call to speak to a ticket agent. She told me that they did not give out those numbers to customers.

She then told me that I should be satisfied that I had already been approved for a refund, and that was all I could get. “Wait,” I said, “a full refund? Unconditionally? Without buying another ticket?” She said yes. I asked again. She confirmed that refund did NOT require me to purchase another ticket. Both my travel agent and I heard her. I thought for a minute, but I was still (understandably) upset about the ticket I had already purchased – a ticket with my name on it (and one extra addition of the last name).

I told her that Air Canada’s policies and customer care were far superior to theirs and that they were bending over backwards to try to help me – fully willing to make the name change on their end right up until I boarded the plane, and that Lufthansa really should take a page from their partner’s book. She told me I was lucky to even get a refund at all, and that she would take it away if I continued to be rude. I couldn’t believe she said that. She threatened me with even worse customer service (who would have thought that was possible?).

I thought long and hard about my next move. The refund wasn’t ideal, but at least I could try to find a new ticket online that might be affordable without their restrictions. I told her I was disappointed, but I would accept. My travel agent put me on hold to take action on the refund. I had 45 minutes before my flight departed, and I was told that I needed to accept it before it finished boarding or it would expire. A few minutes later, he came back on the line. He told me that the customer service number the Lufthansa agent had just given him to process the reimbursement was out of service for the day because business hours were over. Unacceptable, I said. He said he would try another number he had on file.

More time on hold. A long time. When he came back on the line, he told me that there was bad news about the refund. It was not an unconditional refund at all. It was the same rules I had been restricted by before – the refund will only be honoured if the passenger books another Lufthansa ticket leaving on the same day from the same city and arriving on the same day in the same city as the original ticket. But it gets worse – there were no other tickets left! Unacceptable!!!

More time on hold. Okay, they were willing to move the departure by 1 day later, and my agent found a flight! The same Air Canada – Lufthansa partner flights as before, just with different layover cities. This time it was only $2400. That was a much better price than the $6000 I was quoted before. Affordable, even! The only catch is that there was a 17 hour layover in Seattle (a 3 hour DRIVE away from Vancouver), which meant it would take me 35 hours to get to Sweden. I hesitated only briefly, and then told him to book it. He told me that I would have to pay to book this ticket first, and then they could process the refund from Lufthansa.

By this point I was exhausted, and slightly relieved. But I should have known that this was only another peak in the roller coaster. My travel agent called me back. The refund wouldn’t go through. The other little caveat in Lufthansa’s rigid reimbursement offer that they didn’t mention was this: The ticket I booked had to be entirely through Lufthansa themselves. One of the legs of the alternative flight we had JUST booked was with Air Canada. So. No. Refund. Even though the ticket was basically the SAME as the one I had originally booked because it was a partnership with both providers. I took another deep dive down the rollercoaster of despair.

My travel agent told me there was nothing more he could do. He tried to call Lufthansa and they would not do the booking for him. They said there were no tickets left at all that would meet the requirements of their highly restrictive refund offer. He cancelled the ticket we had JUST bought for the departure on the next day so I wouldn’t have to pay double, and advised me to call and try for myself. I asked him if he thought it would do me any good. He said he knew it was the very last option, and what did I have to lose. So I call Lufthansa to make a new booking. Guess what happened next? No tickets – no tickets, and no help. Are you surprised? Me neither. The rollercoaster was over, and it ended on the lowest of the lows.

After 8 sleepless nights, and countless hours (and I mean HOURS – I have the phone bill to prove it) spent on the phone with Lufthansa, Flight Network, and Air Canada, not to mention all the emails and scanned documents, I was refused boarding on the plane by Lufthansa customer service. I was refused a name correction in advance of my flight, I was refused a full refund, and there was no real option to rebook to a new flight instead. Lufthansa kept the $2200 that I paid for a plane ticket with my name on it, and made sure that I never even got to leave the terminal. All because of a computer’s auto-fill error which showed a duplicated last name, that was caught in advance, but no-one was willing to correct it.

Flight Network really tried everything they possibly could to get the ticket corrected by Lufthansa. Air Canada was nothing but reasonable and accommodating on their end, telling me at every avenue that they would have changed the name if it was their ticket. Lufthansa stood there and watched me ride the roller coaster of despair until the clock ran out, and there were no more peaks of hope left to climb. All I got from them was a variety of contradictory excuses which weren’t even supported by their own customer support staff OR the policies held by other airlines, and a couple of outright lies. If you’re wondering what happened next, I didn’t manage to book another flight. It breaks my heart, but I simply don’t have the money for a new ticket. Looks like I’ll be in town for the holidays after all...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Booked around the world trip premium econ from Melbourne to Singapore 3 nights-UK via Frankfurt -5 weeks, after river trip Budapest to Los Angeles 5 nights-LA Auckland 3 nights- NZ to Melbourne. We had a problem at Budapest as our Visa to the USA had a typo error and we couldn’t board. We manage to get the visa corrected within 2 hours but the gates had shut. We fully realize we are at fault here but the Lufthansa help desk at the airport wouldn’t even consider we pay for another flight at our cost to be able to continue our once in a lifetime trip.

I mean there is no more work for the airline as the bookings continued from LA six days later. The help desk said they would continue the trip for $9000 AU, if that is not calculating corporate greed to leave us stranded in a foreign country with limited funds with absolutely no compromise or kind judgement from them at all, we practically lost most of our US and NZ bookings for hotel car hire and transfers as well. Not to mention getting home somehow. We feel that someone in your management system requires a humanity adjustment as that was one low down grubby money grabbing act. Feedback ID **, James William **, Lorraine Edith **, Budapest Airport, Wednesday 17th July, Flight No LH1675 @ 08:50 Hr.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I flew first time in business class in Lufthansa airlines. From Dallas, USA to Delhi India. Very bad boarding, very bad food. No service. Very uncomfortable seats, no privacy from other customers. Legs, feet, arms, crash to each other. I will never fly Lufthansa again in my life.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

I had 2 business class round trip tickets to Germany with Lufthansa and in October, 2018 needed to make a change in date. While on their on-line site I inadvertently clicked on "cancel flight" instead of "change flight". When I called Lufthansa to explain the mistake, they said that "a refund had already been processed and there was nothing else they could do". The refund was $95 for $9,000 worth of tickets! The $95 refund was sent immediately (imagine that) and that closed their case. After several communications explaining the on-line error, they continued to say that "because a refund had been sent (for $95), there was nothing else they could do". Of course the responses came from another company that appeared to be from India. Beware of dealing with Lufthansa, it cost me $9,000 and I received nothing.

F. ** New Hampshire, USA

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I booked a ticket on third of this month. But, Lufthansa made me cancel my ticket because of their cabin crew union strike. Now, it's been three weeks since I booked ticket and I haven't got any refund yet. Their customer service is pretty rude too. I am sure most of the positive reviews are filled by Lufthansa employees only. Maybe one day they will go on strike for not paying enough for writing a positive review!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

I had purchased a round trip tickets on Orbitz.com for Atlanta to Budapest from Oct.26 to Nov.11. On the outbound to Budapest on Oct. 27, I missed one session of flight at Frankfurt when transferring. The Lufthansa cancelled my inbound returning ticket for the reason of no show on outbound. I had no intention to miss the flight which I paid for and confirmed, technically the seat on the plane was sold to me and should be arranged by me. Worst part of it was, Lufthansa had not informed me before or after cancellation.

From cancelling on Oct. 27 to inbound returning flight on Nov. 11, there were 15 days between. If I had got a note to tell me about cancellation, I would immediately to search a new option or to purchase a different and cheaper flight, instead, on the day Nov. 11, 2 hrs before the scheduled departure time and when I got ready to check in at Lufthansa counter, I was just told my ticket was cancelled.

I wonder if they intentionally did this way so I got a surprise, stressed and had no time to search out anything else but to purchase another ticket from them in order to get back to Atlanta on time. One seat been sold twice, and missing one session of one direction and get being cancelled for another direction. If cancellation was to some reservation which is understandable, but not for something sold and confirmed. IS this kind of way of practicing business ethical? I would never flight it again when this airline had no consideration about passenger and treat customers careless and ruthlessly.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Due to airline fault my flight was delayed and subsequently missed my connection from Frankfurt.. After being stranded at Frankfurt I was put through an ordeal as nothing was provided by the airline and made me kept running from one terminal to the other. I finally reached my intended destination 12 hrs after original planned. And Lufthansa has neither refunded my fare difference for change in class on the new flight nor have they compensated me for the delay as per EU regulations. Their team said the delay was due to Heathrow Airport and they won't be issuing a refund. Unbelievable! Never flying Lufthansa again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I flew from Prague to Barcelona via Frankfurt on Sept. 28/19. No luggage arrived from Frankfurt, as the belt was not working in Frankfurt. I know technical issues happen. However, the airline knew that no luggage was on the plane and did not bother to inform the passengers. I waited over 3 hours in line to put my claim in, then left 2 days later for my home in Toronto. I followed the claim online - my luggage flew to Montreal on Oct 9, then to Toronto on October 11. Then NOTHING. No one has ever contacted me from Lufthansa. I PHONE ALMOST every day - and now I can't even track any updates, as I no longer have access to my file. Just to make matters more complicated, Lufthansa wrote me an email - no reply allowed two days before my original flight, cancelling one part of the flight - no other comment about rescheduling. I had to phone them to make other arrangements to get to Barcelona. TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Their website advertises "guarantees great entertainment on board". "Latest blockbusters, classics music and games". Paid $6300 for 2 tickets from Philadelphia to Frankfurt for May 4, 2019 with return flight from Frankfurt to Philadelphia on May 15, 2019. As we boarded the plane, stewardess told us our "entertainment console was not working and there were no other first class seats available, take it or leave it but no repair was available for this 7 1/2 hour flight. Our return flight had the same issue, again the monitor did not work for 7 1/2 hour flight. -Take it or leave it. In addition 2 rows in front of us a fist fight between a man & women broke out. It took 4 stewards/stewardess to break it up after about 40 minutes.

I have sent various complaint emails over a 5 month period. I only received 1 acknowledgment from their "miles & more program" in July 2019. That said my complaint would be escalated to their customer service. It has been 4 months now and they still have not made a decent offer. There really is no customer service. Even my travel agent has never received a response. I will never fly them again.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Worst airlines I have ever traveled with. Flight 404 left Frankfort Germany to JFK in NY on September 28. Arrive in NY to find out the machine that puts the luggage on the plane in Hamburg was broke. Our luggage has not arrived as of today day 5 with no update on where it is. The customer service is horrible. The attendants were drinking wine on the 7 hour flight. Lazy and rude is the least I will say about them.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

I just flew out from DFW airport to Cairo Egypt on Lufthansa flights on 14th September. When I arrived to Cairo I found my carry on bag (which they asked to check it in cause it is big) opened and 2 iPhones 8 Plus sealed brand new and some new clothes stolen from it. When I filed a complain they answered, "It is your responsibility and there is no compensation."

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

When one or few people found their bags are not found - that is possible as it happens time to time. When about 250 passengers do not get their luggage - that is disaster. And not just because of too many folks are suffering, but to set up a report for the lost bag you have to be in line for more than 5 hours (!) as every person processing requires no less than 15 min (sometimes - more). And all that - after 10 hours flight when all peoples are exhausted (add to here small kids, old guys etc.). And this is Lufthansa.... This happened on Saturday, Sept.28, Flight LH470 Frankfurt - Toronto.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

My son and I traveled from Fairbanks, Alaska to Sofia, Bulgaria. Our first flight was simply terrible. My 3 months old baby cried a lot and I was trying to calm him down. Before we even fly out I got up for literally 5 seconds and got YELLED at by one of the flight attendants to sit down. This is how my 9 and half hours flight began. After we took off I had to get up from my seat and try to calm my baby down. The flight attendants named **, A. ** AND K. ** rolled their eyes at me and proceeded to tell me that I needed to sit down because I am standing on their way and they cannot work. Flight attendant ** was super rude the whole flight.

I was forced to stay almost the whole flight by the bathrooms just to make sure I am not on their way. When I asked for the bassinet they put it up but it is so high and uncomfortable that I asked them to take it down. After I asked for the bassinet to be taken down, I was informed that once they take it away, it would not be brought back for the whole flight duration (9 hours). Of course I paid for a seat and the bassinet but who cares! Why would the flight attendants actually do their work and help a mom flying with her child. The first flight as I said was terrible. The second flight which was only 2 hours. Thank God. Was not as bad as the first one but still the flight attendants were terrible. They all acted as I am trying on purpose to be on their way when all I was trying to do is calm my baby down.

As a whole flying with Lufthansa has been awful. Apparently the company doesn't care about good customer service at all especially if you are flying with a child. If you have a baby you are just an inconvenience to the working personnel and they simply treat you super rude or ignore you the whole time. Oh and one last thing our flights were all late which was the last thing to worry about after dealing with so many grumpy, rude flight attendants.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

We traveled from Montreal to Mumbai in the first week of July, but our bags did not. The Lufthansa staff at Mumbai airport were unprofessional (e.g., vague about when the bags will reach, whether we will be compensated, and the two employees could not even agree on the telephone number I needed to call to get baggage tracking updates!).

My family's four bags reached two days later. Being tourists, we had to buy clothes, shoes, toiletries, etc. until our bags reached for the meanwhile. To make things worse, when our baggage reached, one of them had been opened and some contents were missing. I filed a complaint to Lufthansa and three weeks later, got an email with them offering to compensate us for the baggage delay. They wanted a whole bunch of documents and bank details, all of which we submitted.

Several weeks later, I was again asked for the bank details, which we re-submitted. Two weeks later, I got the same request again and we re-submitted the bank details for the third time. After several reminders, two weeks ago I finally got a mail that the payment has been processed. Still no credit in the bank account though. Just sent them yet another reminder! Lufthansa boasts its punctuality. Clearly, that punctuality does not apply when it comes to accepting responsibility and compensating passengers. Extremely disappointed with my experience. The only reason I gave 1 star is because there's no option to give 0 stars.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

I bought a ticket in Lufthansa. I need to buy a second bag but the page did not allow me to do it, I call the number 08000263696, they never answer. I was online waiting 35 minutes, so I decided to buy the ticket and pay the excess online after the purchase. When I have the booking reference number I tried to pay but, it was a message that is impossible to do it online, and gave me the same number. We need to call them and pay at the phone. So I called the number again, wait for more than 40 minutes in the line. Finally AHUL answered and after many apologies for no be able to tell me everything clear and quick he told me that the system don't allow to pay the luggage in advance. He advise me to take the luggage to the airport and pay in there.

I read a lot review about that and everybody said the same: if you don't pay in advance, once you get the airport they charge you a ridiculous amount of money. I decided to cancel the booking, now they said that I have the money back in 10 days. What they do is tricking passengers, they don't allow people to pay online or by the phone for the excess because they wanted to take more and more money for passengers.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

Took a biz class from London to Madrid 22 days ago. One large duffel Kipling bag went missing. Lots of items, most brand new, some custom made insoles and other recently purchased gifts, not all replaceable. It has been very long 23 days, and so far none of Lufthansa rep bothered to contact me. I filled out report, got PIR number, traveled to the airport to check a different bag, call daily, sent emails to customer relations, to CEO, to Customer Service, and many others. No reply, no call.

I submitted full details of the items in the baggage, not sure if was received. No idea about claim procedure, or reimbursement, as none is 100% clear. It seems that they make it hard to claim in purpose, harder to contact in purpose, avoiding passengers and just ignoring the situation. I have been flying with many airlines for the past 20 years, nearly 1.5M miles, have gold status, and never encountered such lack of service. In one word, zero. My suggestion: don't fly with a company whom don't provide after flight service. You may be in my shoes and feel the pain. Avoid them in all costs.

Lufthansa Company Information