1.33/5
  • 1 star
Based on 82 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 27, 2017

99 Liberty Travel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I paid Liberty Travel in July 2017 for a cruise on Carnival Splendor that was leaving on 10-14-17 to 10-22-17. I had a stroke in August 2017. The stroke caused me to have dizzy spells and it has my balance unsteady which causes me to fall. I have to use a walker to walk. I am taking Physical and occupational therapy. I called Carnival to cancel my trip and the rep said "I wish I could do something but you used a travel agent who has to help you." I called the travel agent and told her about my medical issue. She said she could only give me 130.00.

I asked if could I used the rest of my money for later and she said that was all she could do but Carnival could do more than she could. She asked me to wait for a little for the cancellation to roll over before I called Carnival back. I called Carnival back. The representative said the travel agent was the only one that could help me. I talked with the travel agent and she said had she returned 130.00 which was the taxes and I have to talk with Carnival to see what they could do. I called Carnival back for help.

The representative put me on hold. When she came back she said "I apologized but we can't help you." She said she was told my travel agent has to call Carnival to get something done. I told her the travel agent was not working on the weekend. She said "have her call on Monday because the travel agency is the only one that can call us." The travel agent misled me, she made it appear that Carnival could do things to help me and Carnival said they would work with the travel agency. I am not working now due to health issues caused by the stroke and the travel agent kept my money and justified it by blaming everything on Carnival.

As I read the reviews on Carnival's website, I was very impress how Carnival tried to accommodate their clients who paid Carnival for a trip but due to unforeseen circumstances, they were not able to attend. Carnival's Cruise Director gave a sincere apology for the changes made due to the hurricane. Sometimes thing happen that we cant control. I truly regret the fact that a travel agent was used to book my trip instead of booking directly with Carnival. I was very please how Carnival tried to assist their customers while feeling sad that I was sanctioned by the travel agent for having a stroke.

Original review: July 17, 2017

I went to Liberty Travel at Red Lion and the Boulevard in Philadelphia Pennsylvania. A place was recommended to me in Cancun Mexico called Grand Oasis Sens for my honeymoon. It was the worst experience of my life. The food was horrible. The people were rude, the air conditioning in the room was broken for most of the trip, we woke up to no electricity or water 2 or 3 of the mornings saying it would be fixed by 3 pm and wasn't, AND at the end they claimed a TV was broken and made us pay a $2,300 fee. Took our luggage. Said we couldn't leave the resort until it was paid. It was a frightening experience and I was literally afraid for my life. Now dealing with Liberty Travel headquarters that hasn't gotten back to me in about 3 weeks to try to get my money back and dealing with the bank but they are being actually very helpful. NOT Liberty Travel. They are horrible. I would never use them again. I don't even trust them!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 1, 2017

As a returning customer of Liberty Travel Agency, on May 31, 2017 my husband and I went to Liberty Travel Agency on Rte. 22 in Union, New Jersey to purchase a cruise to Bahamas via Royal Caribbean International's Anthem of the Sea (offer-detail/3962). To ensure we booked the correct vacation I brought the copy of the offer I printed from Liberty Travel website. When I gave it to the travel agent, she said that this was a typo, Liberty Travel does not offer the vacation package I showed her and if it was OK for her to keep my copy of the offer to show their marketing team.

I was so disappointment to learn that a well-known travel agency would deliberately deceive/lie to their customers! No one try to honor or offer an alternate cruise due to their deception. No one within that location seem to care or maybe they are so use to falsely advertising vacation packages that don't exist (it didn't phase them)! Well I would NEVER recommend using Liberty Travel Agency because you will never know what you will get.

Original review: April 4, 2017

We had gone to Liberty Travel In Newburgh, New York to book a trip to Hawaii. We had decided to use them because the wife of one of my husband's employees works there. While the service was not terrible, I had actually found a much cheaper deal online which they agreed to match. She had informed us of a package called "Escapes" where you can add activities to your trip and get a personalized book with coupons and keepsakes. When we left there she had told us she would contact us and let us know more about the package.

We waited months (we booked and paid in full for the trip 8 months in advance) and did not hear anything. We spoke to her supervisor and she set us up with another agent that would contact us and set up our additional activities. The agent emailed us, we emailed her back with all of the activities we wanted and 3 weeks have gone by and we have not heard anything.

Finally tonight I went on some of the sites and looked at the activities we wanted and found out one of them is already sold out. This is not just a vacation. This is our 25th anniversary and a once in a lifetime trip for us. I will now book all of our activities myself and not be bothered using any more services from Liberty Travel. I don't know why they are reluctant to help us. Did we not make them enough commission? Did we not book an expensive enough hotel? I was nervous about booking a trip of this magnitude myself, in hindsight apparently I am more qualified and knowledgeable than trained travel agents. Lesson learned, never again!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

We have booked five cruises in the last four years. The first two have been completed without a hitch. The third had to be canceled by us. Michelle, our agent took care of the cancellation in 24 hours and we had our deposit back in a few days. Our fourth cruise is in December 2017, the price of our cabin dropped, we called Michelle, she contacted the cruise company and within two days we had the new price, saving us $150.00. Our latest booking is in January 2019. Michelle got us our first choice of cabin with free specialty dining and shore excursion credit. Michelle is an excellent agent for us. She had always made herself available. E-mail and phone calls are returned within 24 hours and we have always felt welcome in the Liberty Travel Office in Amherst New York.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2016

Liberty Travel in Morris Plains does not care as long as they get their money. They ruined my honeymoon. I asked multiple times to make sure both hotels knew we were on our honeymoon to Hawaii, nope nobody knew, they never actually spoke to the hotel to confirm a honeymoon. My room was ground floor next to the elevator... real romantic, not to mention there was a grill area directly outside our sliding doors, no chance for romance. Manager of this location said she would call and then dodged our phone calls. Absolutely awful, if you book with this company be warned. THEY DO NOT CARE!!!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I traveled May & July 2016. My tickets (2 adults) and car rental were booked with Liberty Travel through Sean. I was delighted with my experience is the reason I returned in July and requested Sean to arrange my travel plans to Houston, Texas. I am very sad to learn today that the branch on Cityline Avenue is now closed. I was able to contact Sean (at the Exton branch). He now works from there. I have plans to travel to the Cayman Islands in February, 2017. I'll be contacting Sean in a couple of weeks to make my travel arrangements. I have recommended him to friends and family members who were also quite pleased with his service.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2016

My wife and I booked an 8 day all inclusive vacation with ** from the Liberty Travel at 269 Madison Avenue in NY. One of her recommendations was the Occidental Grand Aruba. Instead of this being an enjoyable and beautiful vacation, it turned out to be a nightmare and horror show. This hotel by far has to be one of the worst. First when we arrived they put us in a room that had a big hole in the wall (my wife has asthma). When we called the front desk to report this it took 2 1/2 days for someone to repair it. There were rodents and roaches running around the hotel. They sat us outside in the Italian restaurant and it is very windy in Aruba. I requested to be sit inside (there were plenty of empty tables), the waiter had a tremendous attitude problem and just kept telling us that that's where we were reserved at by the concierge in the 9th floor. It took him 45 minutes to accommodate our request and sit us inside.

When I asked for a Budweiser beer in the bar in the Lobby, I was told that they only serve Presidente draft beer which tasted like muddy water. Also when we first arrived we were told by the concierge in the 9th floor that we were entitled to a continental breakfast whichever day we decided. So we requested it for the following day at 9:30am. No one showed up. So I call the front desk only to find out that the supposed Continental breakfast was a pastry and a coffee and I told him to forget it.

We spent $6400.00 dollars on this all inclusive vacation. We were so disappointed and disgusted at the whole thing that my wife checked out 3 days early and had to pay for an additional flight and taxi to come back home. The only reason I stayed the duration was because it would have been even more of an expense. I am writing this review to spare someone else the expense and nightmare that we experienced.

When we got back home and contacted Liberty Travel and requested to be reimbursed for the 3 days that my wife checked out early. We were told that it would take some time and that they were in contact with their rep at the hotel to see what could be done. ** who is a manager at this location has emailed me and spoken to me over the phone and has kept stringing me along week after week with lame excuses. We have been back 1 month and a week and no reimbursement.

I regret us having put our trust in Liberty Travel and will never do so again. They are as much to blame as this horrendous hotel because they recommended it. If you do not want to experience an appalling vacation, do not go through Liberty Travel or this dungeon of a hotel. I had already written a horrible review about a vacation my wife and I took to Aruba and booked through Liberty Travel. Our vacation was a horrific mess. And we spent $6400.00 for airfare and Hotel. On 10/11/2016 someone from Liberty Travel wrote down a couple of lines in response to my review from some supposed customer excellence department stating that they would try and find an amicable solution. My vacation was back in June 2016. They have done nothing since and will not do anything. Once they have your money, they couldn't give a damn how your vacation turned out.

I strongly recommend that anyone contemplating making travel or vacation plans with them either look for another Travel agency or better yet do it on your own. DO NOT PUT ANY TRUST IN LIBERTY TRAVEL. They wrote this on Yelp to deceive and MAKE THE READERS OF MY REVIEW BELIEVE THAT THIS WAS TAKEN CARE OF. As I mentioned they have done nothing and will do nothing.

Update. Some lady by the name of ** who works for Liberty Travel Corporate has the nerve and audacity to say how sorry she is about our horrendous vacation. So she offers me a $300 credit to be used for any future vacation. Liberty Travel must take their customers as brainless morons and think that I fell off of a turnip truck. Liberty Travel has no integrity.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2016

I have booked with different Liberty Travel employees a few times and have never had an prob.They are really nice and help me with whatever I need. I had a problem with my luggage missing from New York to Germany and the girl who booked it for me was on the phone all day with the airline and the airports and emailing Air Berlin from her cell phone because she off that day but was kind enough to help us anyway. I think it depends on the employee you get. It wasn't her fault my luggage was lost but she helped me anyway and that's why I will always book with them. They're always there to help me.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

We too should have read the reviews. I used Liberty in Scranton PA. (Dickson City); what a mistake!! I booked a honeymoon for my daughter. We booked airfare and hotels. When my daughter arrived in San Francisco and was ready to move on to LA she realized two days were missing for hotel stays. We called Liberty and they put ALL the blame on my daughter for not reading everything. Remember now, they booked the flights so they knew how many nights she was staying. They didn't even apologize for the mistake. When I asked why they didn't bring her attention to the missing days their excuse was "we assumed they were staying friend or something". We all know what "assume" means. We have no legal recourse because my daughter did sign the contract trusting they knew what they were doing. If you are thinking about using Liberty, DON'T. If you do check and double check because there will most likely be a MISTAKE.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2016

I sent an inquiry to United for a trip to Las Vegas for a group. Simultaneously, I called Liberty Travel to see if they could arrange the trip on my behalf. Apparently the emailed request was captured by Liberty Travel and is now under their name for my group. I have tried unsuccessfully to contact the person at Liberty who is holding my record at United. At this point I am no longer interested in working with the travel agency and will never work with them again because calling their 267-295-0020 number never gets a return, timely call and they had the audacity to take messages, never call back and close for the evening. The record has to be canceled by them in order for me to move forward with United and there is no one to help. I never received any written confirmation from Liberty on any of the arrangements they indicate they are making on my behalf.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

I just want to share how horrible Liberty Travel is. I booked a cruise 30 months ago with an agent at their Deptford, NJ branch. I used her before and she was great. She left the company and I was assigned Janelle ** who was very disinterested in helping. About 30 days before my cruise leaving on July 23, 2016, I stopped in to speak to Janelle. I was told she left the company and I was now assigned to Brianna ** who said that she heard many complaints about Janelle and she promised much better customer service. Not sure why I wasn't contacted about Janelle leaving.

I asked Brianna for a phone call the day before we left on our cruise to see about an upgrade. Not only did I stop in that day (she wasn't in yet) and sent an email, I called her around 2 pm, 5 pm and 7 pm only to be told each time that she had other customers and couldn't call me back or answer my email each time I called. She was too busy helping new customers who were in the office instead of me who was leaving very early the next morning. I won't even say how much was spent with Liberty Travel for this once in a lifetime cruise for a family of 4, plus another couple that also booked with me, but it was well over $10,000!

I did get a call from the store manager Jeri ** at 8:41 pm the night before I left with more excuses. I did call Jeri tonight on the same phone number she called me from but was told she's not working at this time and I should have not called her on this number. My cruise was impacted by Tropical Storm Darby which included an itinerary change and excursion cancellation. With 2 families booked with Liberty Travel, I would expect some kind of contact. My brother who was also on the same cruise had many updates from his own travel agent as he did not use Liberty Travel.

Original review: June 14, 2016

I booked a trip to Beaches Turks 2 years ago. Trip was paid in full the middle of 2015. Unfortunately there was a cancellation of one adult the beginning of 2016 (well within the cancellation policy of Beaches) and another adult cancellation at the beginning of May 2016 (again within the cancellation policy). I have been in contact with the travel agent and manager of Liberty Travel in Garden City since the beginning of May and have not been able to find out what my refund will be. The service provided by this particular Liberty has been underwhelming at best. The manager has been uncooperative putting blame for this problem on Beaches and others. I was awaiting an email promising me information concerning this issue last evening. As I expected NO email came.

I have spoken to several other travel agents who tell me that a refund within the time frame of these cancellations is a no-brainer and the money should already be in my pocket. My educated guess is that Liberty did do these cancellations in a timely manner and now are working thru a penalty charge from Beaches and I'm left holding the bag. This is our 5th trip to Beaches as a family and NEVER AGAIN LIBERTY even though I used them for all my other trips. My new mantra is NEVER NEVER AGAIN LIBERTY GARDEN CITY. In my opinion when the manager speaks no real truth leaves his lips.

Original review: April 24, 2016

Booked a trip with Liberty Travel in Livingston, NJ. The salesperson had not traveled to either destination. By recommendations of previous clients that had been there he made the arrangements. We needed to rent a car from Nashville and drop it off in Memphis. We picked the car up (Alamo) and was not a mid-sized car that we requested and paid for. Also there was a $100.00 charge for dropping the car off in Memphis that the travel agent did not tell us about. When confronted the agent after the trip he called Alamo and I waited to hear from him. He could not do anything and I finally called Alamo myself to try and resolve the problem. I felt the salesperson is too inexperienced to work there. Also many times I tried to call during business hours and got a machine to leave messages, several times the salesperson did not return the call or never was told I called.

Original review: April 20, 2016

Wow, I just called Liberty Travel in River Edge, NJ. I asked to speak with an agent to discuss a trip that I would like to plan and the woman said "I am going to stop you right there. I don't have an agent available so you are just going to have to keep on calling back until someone is free. Try back in an hour or so." Wow! Guess they don't need my business. At least be polite and take a message and explain that someone will get back to me by the end of the day? I don't need to "keep trying" to call back in today's world where everything is just a click away. I should have just booked online anyway but figured I would give the local agent some business. Thanks Liberty Travel. Back to the web!!

Original review: April 7, 2016

Booked a trip to Cancun with them for my birthday in March 2016 for my Daughter and I, my Daughter's flight were the wrong times she missed her flights and took her all day on standby to get into Cancun, my flight from Cancun also had the wrong times, email to the person I made the reservations with - went unanswered and phone calls to the company - the person is working in another office and can't be found. Apparently they had the correct flight information but what I had was all wrong.

Original review: April 2, 2016

Liberty Travel sold us a family vacation last summer from NYC to Greece and told us we had 4 confirmed seats with e-ticket numbers. They took our money for the entire trip over 2 months prior to travel. When we arrived at JFK airport, Delta told us Liberty never properly communicated with them and as a result of overbooking, we were bumped. Our vacation to Greece with our 2 children was ruined. We showed the Delta gate agent our confirmations, but they indicated Liberty did not follow proper procedure. And so Liberty pointed the finger at Delta, and Delta pointed it at Liberty. This went on and on. I didn't have a relationship with Delta. Liberty had the relationship. I expected them to fight for us. They did not. Don't be fooled into thinking Liberty Travel is something more than it is. And they offered us nothing. Only a ruined trip.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2016

I went to Liberty Travel in Springfield Pa. I wanted to get information about a trip to Jamaica. Ryan ** who is the assistant team leader was unprofessional. I have booked 3 trips, two in one year with Liberty. I was rushed and was given parental advice about not leaving kids unattended in the hotel. Oh by the way I don't have any kids. There are children traveling with us. He was extremely unprofessional. I spoke with the manager of this location Susan. She made me feel like she didn't care. How about a real apology? Susan offered to assist me with my trip. No thank you. I would rather book online with Travelocity. Maybe Liberty Travel should try to hold onto all of the customers that have especially since online travel websites are taking over and the agencies will be obsolete.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2016

Vacation started out with incorrect flight number. Got to resort, found out that we were booked for a king sized bed (two females) when we had specified two beds. I next found out that I should have been told to pay for wifi. Security on the beach was almost non existent as proven one afternoon when an underwear clad, drugged man strolled on the beach, hassled women, verbally threatening them while security sat on her phone. Activities which were promised were negligible unless you wished to pay for them. I can't tell you how unhappy I was especially when a friend told me about her wonderful experience at another resort on the island. I would not recommend Antigua or Liberty Travel to anyone. Your associates don't do their homework. PS I didn't keep my paperwork for this venture.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2016

My wife and I booked our getaway trip to Punta Cana in January. It was scheduled to be a seven-day trip along with airfare. In the middle of the trip we heard the weather was changing and most of the vacationers were hearing from their travel agents about flight cancellations. We tried contacting our agent at Library Travel and was told she just received information about our flight being canceled. I contacted the airline AA. They informed me that they had started contacting their passengers earlier in the week to give them a chance to change their flight plans. However this information was never told to us b/c the Liberty T never contacted us to pass on that information. So we had to spend night in the airport, pay for our flight back to Pittsburgh. If you are traveling Please Do Not Use Liberty Travel.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2016

Called Liberty travel about one week ago. Receptionist took detailed information and promise to pass along to sales agent that was promised a call back later that day. Never received a call back. Called again about 5 days later and spoke to the Manager. The Manager said that should never have happened, he did not have ANY record of my call of needs. Re reviewed my needs and said he would call back within the hour. 2 hours later still no call. Called once again with promise to call back. NO CALLS. This is no way to do business. Don't say that you are going to follow up and not, nor make any records of needs. Not a professional way to do business. The Manager should be fired and replaced with a professional. Who knows how many clients they have lost because of poor records and call backs.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

When I first met John, our agent, I was a little skeptical of his credibility but I gave him the benefit of the doubt since I am a returning customer of Liberty Travel. My first experience was excellent. I was told that if I purchased trip insurance, I'd be able to cancel for any reason. Well of course, my girlfriend who I'm traveling with, cannot keep the date so I emailed my agent and told him that we needed to cancel. Now all of a sudden, you need a covered reason and that there were two different insurance packages avail at the time of purchase and ONE was only mentioned. No thorough explanation of cancellations was conveyed nor were there any disclosures/cancellation documents given, outlining the policies, at the time of booking.

In addition to the lack of info that was provided, we were told we'd get info/call backs but those did not happened unless we followed up with phone calls or emails. I even contacted its corporate office in NJ. The customer representative from NJ told me that she had verbally spoken to the manager at Selden, who was out of the office until Oct 19, and that the manager would call me the following day. To date, I have not received a phone call from the manager.

They told us that we cannot get a full refund because it wasn't a covered reason. They told us that we would lose $300 per person, if we canceled. Perhaps if information was conveyed correctly AND supporting documentation of the cancellation process/guidelines were given, I might think differently. No such thing happened. PLUS after two phone calls to corporate office, I am still waiting to hear back from them even though I was told someone would get right back to me. My husband and I take vacations about three times a year and I will never use Liberty Travel again and I will never refer anyone to them, despite the industry that I am in.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2015

There are travel agencies everywhere. There is no reason to use them. I went to Liberty Travel while in NYC. It was the first travel agent I came across and what a nightmare. Ashley ** was my agent. I began the process with her on May 3. Would not return calls or emails to get the trip booked. Should have been my clue and I should have moved on. I was excited for the two resorts she presented and I wanted to book that trip. She did not begin to book it until July. At that point, we could not do the trip in the order we wanted because of resorts already being booked. My 60 year old sister had to fly out on red eye because to change the order of our trip was to travel farther that day. My sister did not have the option to fly to Dallas the day before to break it up due to work. 6 months into this bad deal we could not get our itinerary. Other flights were supposed to be booked to get us to the resorts but that did not happen.

From May to October we still don't have this tripped booked and we don't know what to expect. I finally got in touch with her supervisor and she said Ashley is very busy and is working hard. This company has so many bad reviews in multiple travel sites. There is no reason to use them. Sent the supervisor an email saying answer our questions or refund our money. We leave in 2 months. It has been 6 months of struggle. Oh and Ashley lost my sisters AMEX credit card info TWICE. This company has to be in business from people like me who used them once. I can't imagine anyone using them twice. It is not worth it. There are other agencies. This is a 10,000 dollar trip. I don't feel they are any cheaper. It is not worth the aggravation and I am not convinced this trip is going to go well.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2015

In May 2015, we bought and fully paid for 4 Delta airline tickets with "confirmed" seats from Liberty Travel. Delta has shown us these seats were never confirmed. We were not allowed to board the plane for our Aug. family vacation to Athens and the Greek Islands. We are sick over this. Getting our teenage kids together with our work schedules is difficult enough, but not to go on our planned vacation is very painful. We were also prepaid for hotels in Greece and have incurred significant loss. We are reasonable people but Liberty Travel refuses to talk reason. We were put on a flight at a later date, but this trip we saved up for was all but lost. I would not buy a packaged product from Liberty Travel again, and not even airline tickets. Buyer beware.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2015

The whole time we were there it was what they call party day. The girls were drinking on the job and the store had a marijuana stench. The girl who was helping us was constantly playing with her phone. After my wife noticed the girl was eating ** like candy we left. We'll never be back to this location.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2015

Went here to book my vacation to Italy. Travel agency book the wrong tours. Wanted to see the Underground Tunnels. And change the airline flights to a different airport. Had to pay for an other room closer to the other airport. Then the airline that they booked for us was on strike.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

We just returned from our vacation to Punta Cana which you booked for us. I want to say that we are very dissatisfied with your booking process and the results that followed. It took us more than 75 minutes for Southwest to get us checked in almost missing our flight! My wife all but passed out waiting. After all was said and done, it was determined that you did not furnish them with all of the required information which caused the delay. I am not pleased with this kind of service nor am I accustomed to it. It was a nightmarish start of what was supposed to be a long expected relaxing vacation.

In order to resolve this, my wife had to be re-booked with a new seating position far from mine which I paid extra for to be in "A" boarding position. This is not how this should have played out but it was the only way we could get checked in. Needless to say we will not be booking with you or Liberty Travel again as we were advised by the Southwest Airlines supervisor who told us you did not handle the booking properly. He said, "Whatever you do, do not use that travel agent again". And we won't!

Original review: July 21, 2015

I booked a trip for my wife and I to take our honeymoon in Ireland. When my wife initially called to set things up, we had some trouble getting anyone to help us, so she called the corporate office. A manager there put us in touch with another branch location nearby the corporate office and assured us that we would receive excellent service. We did not. Although the agent told me to email her because she checks her mail constantly even when she is out of the office, after they took our money, phone calls and emails were ignored.

I finally called a supervisor named June to get a response from the travel agent which I did, but June promised to call back the next day to follow up. She didn't call, so a day later I tried to call her "direct line" she gave me (someone else answered and I had to play 20 questions to get to June) to ask why she didn't follow up. She indicate to me that the "team leader" who is the direct supervisor over our agent wanted to call me personally. June then stated that the team leader was right across the hall and that she would call me back "immediately." Anyone want to guess if I ever got that call back?

Original review: July 18, 2015

I booked a trip to St. Thomas with my husband, daughter, mother, niece and nephew through one of the Brooklyn offices. I have used this agent before and thought that everything would be ok. We have been having discussions regarding this and the people going since April. I had until June 30th to pay off the trip and was very excited on June 30th when she informed that we were officially booked. I asked her to email me my confirmation and itinerary since June 30 but never received an email. I didn't think anything of it because our previous experience was so great. I called for her a week later and they informed me she was on vacation so I tried back two weeks later. When I tried again I was informed that she was now back on vacation until July 27. I thought to myself "hey... everyone needs a vacation" so I asked the young lady who answered if she could possibly email me my itinerary and confirmation. She was very sweet and obliged.

After finally being able to review the information, I found out she had the wrong names on the itinerary and didn't book the flights for my mother, niece or nephew! I immediately called the agent who assisted me that day and asked if it was a typo or mistake. She told me she would contact my travel agent who was on vacation and get back to me. I waited about an hour and called her back. She told me that my agent said I didn't book flights for my mother, niece and nephew. I asked the agent why would I book only a hotel for them but a flight and hotel for my husband and daughter. How are they supposed to get there?!!! After a long silence, I asked her if there was still availability on the flights. She told there were but now they were $300 more per person!!! Then she tried to make an excuse for what happened and make it seem like I wasn't clear enough in my instructions to my agent! I will never use this company again!

Original review: June 26, 2015

So glad I read all the horrible reviews on Liberty Travel. Called and spoke w/ ** and she was so enthusiastic about planning a trip. I was very impressed with her skills during the initial phone call. I waited a couple of weeks, no response after leaving several messages. I called after the third week and she happened to answer the phone. I explained how disappointed I was with her and she responded it will be better and I thought ok, everyone deserves another chance. Waited another week and still nada. I called and was going to just speak with the supervisor to file a complaint (I honestly thought she must be new and just did not want to admit she did not know what she was doing) and I was told SHE IS THE SUPERVISOR... LOL... Thank you everyone, I dodged the bullet on this company.

Liberty Travel expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Liberty Travel is a traditional brick-and-mortar travel agency with a presence in several major cities in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, New England, Illinois, California and Florida.

• Travel consultation: Travel Experts provide one-on-one consultations with every booking as part of the company's service.

• Price-beat guarantee: Liberty Travel undercuts competitor prices for any part of the booked vacation by $10 per adult and $5 per child.

• Travel protection and insurance: In addition to booking flights, cruises and hotels, Liberty Travel offers traveler's insurance.

• Worldwide destinations: Clients can choose from popular destinations all over the world and exotic destinations that are off the beaten path, with destinations on all 6 habitable continents. Enjoy the unique flora and fauna found in Australia and New Zealand, before heading up to Asia to explore China, Japan, Thailand, Loas, Cambodia, Singapore and more.

• Wide selection of cruise destinations: Liberty Travel's list of cruise destinations includes Alaska, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe and many others.

• Best for: Liberty Travel is best for travelers in search of a customized travel packages, insider information about destinations and for budget-conscious travelers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs