3.9/5 (77 ratings)

About Liberty Travel

Liberty Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2022

I’ve used Liberty Travel in the past, but this has been a nightmare. In Jan 2020, I booked a tour to Egypt for my mother’s birthday. It was scheduled for the spring, but then the pandemic happened. Shortly thereafter, my mother was diagnosed with advanced cancer and couldn’t travel anyway. I was able to get the money for the flight back, but Liberty’s tour partner said I could get a voucher to use until the end of 2022 instead. The location where I scheduled the tour closed down, so Liberty customer service transferred me to an office in another state for help.

I wanted to cancel the tour as Covid raged and my mother could no longer travel, using the money to help with her meds. But because I didn’t work with them from the beginning, and I guess because they aren’t making a commission off me, they have been really unresponsive. The manager responds to maybe every 6th email I send. I know that makes me sound like I am hounding them, but when I don’t hear back, I tend to follow up. Anyway, it’s the end of 2022 now, and I’ve submitted multiple doctors' notes to Liberty as well as, ultimately, my mother’s death certificate, and I still can’t get a refund. Or a call back.

I even offered to still go on the trip so I don’t just lose thousands of dollars, but I can’t get a response. It stinks having Liberty as the middleman here because the company obviously doesn’t care. If any of their associates were at risk of losing all that money, I’m sure they would want someone to be sympathetic, but they clearly don’t value their customers. Seriously, don’t use Liberty Travel.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

I have been trying to redeem a gift card. Multiple calls. Emails. I was directed to an agent April ** who I spoke with. Assured me after failing to book my tour She would request a refund. After multiple phone calls and emails there was no reply. I called main number who assured me someone would call me back. Again no calls. I have a gift card that I cannot redeem. Extremely dissatisfied. Would never recommend this company.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

I booked a International trip with this company. First, they offered very best price, but a month later they keep changing my trip to another inconvenient, final I had to pay more for another airline they were told. For return trip, I had to delayed cause I positive with covid. When I clear they ask me to pay for return tkx ( THE PRICE THEY ASK MORE THAN I PAY ROUNDTRIP TKX) even I had travel care which included cover from covid. When I concerned agent said I didn't have travel care, after I prove my conf# he said I already used for changing airline??? I didn't book return trip from them. Try to contact for refund, agent ignored me.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

Liberty Travel does not have a conscience when working with potential customers. No response after multiple attempts and directly speaking with their alleged customer service. I would NEVER recommend.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I booked an appointment and received an email confirmation of date and time. The travel agent there read the email and said if I didn’t receive a phone call the appointment was not valid. The email stated nothing about a phone call. It was a confirmation email. How unprofessional and what a waste of time.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

Liberty Travel has stolen our money. Cruise line sent our money back to Liberty Travel. No money was refunded to us. We tried to contact various persons, offices, and corporate offices at Liberty Travel. There's no one that is of any help.

Original review: July 29, 2020

We have used Liberty Travel in the past. We booked our dream trip to Italy which was cancelled due to Covid 19. Liberty Travel did not refund us all of our money (we purchased the travel insurance) and did not even offer a credit voucher through their company for the balance that was due to us. Employees provided inaccurate information. What refund we did receive took a multitude of calls and emails to get that. Have been attempting to reach them through their customer service desk phone number and emails to discuss remaining balance owed, but, not call backs, no response. Terrible customer service.

Original review: July 16, 2020

Horrible experience during this pandemic. They decided that they are not going to refund all of our money even when there are travel risk and bans for international traveling. They decided that they would keep $300 of my money.

Original review: June 19, 2020

Liberty Travel has always been our place to book great vacations, all have been fantastic. Trying to get our refund since April has been a bummer, even with insurance protection! I actually canceled in March but Liberty says we canceled April, either way it's been too long. Maybe we'll see Paris in 2022.

Original review: June 7, 2020

Would not refund my stay even though I was forced to cancel due to COVID. My flight was cancelled and there was no way for me to even use the room. Disappointed. Marco refused to refund the amount of the hotel stay because he said Rome was not impacted by the virus on March 1st. My flight had already been cancelled at that point. The airport I was supposed to fly out of was even closed by the time we were supposed to leave. Absolutely horrendous. Terrible customer service. Weeks for anything to be refunded and they refuse to refund the final hotel. Severely disgusted.

Liberty Travel author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Liberty Travel is a traditional brick-and-mortar travel agency with a presence in several major cities in New York, New Jersey, Philadelphia, New England, Illinois, California and Florida.

• Travel consultation: Travel Experts provide one-on-one consultations with every booking as part of the company's service.

• Price-beat guarantee: Liberty Travel undercuts competitor prices for any part of the booked vacation by $10 per adult and $5 per child.

• Travel protection and insurance: In addition to booking flights, cruises and hotels, Liberty Travel offers traveler's insurance.

• Worldwide destinations: Clients can choose from popular destinations all over the world and exotic destinations that are off the beaten path, with destinations on all 6 habitable continents. Enjoy the unique flora and fauna found in Australia and New Zealand, before heading up to Asia to explore China, Japan, Thailand, Loas, Cambodia, Singapore and more.

• Wide selection of cruise destinations: Liberty Travel's list of cruise destinations includes Alaska, Canada, the Caribbean, Europe and many others.

Liberty Travel Company Information