2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.3/5 (126 ratings)

About Liberty Travel

Liberty Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

I walked in this store today 8/20/19 and the first question that I was asked for the lady, who was in charge of the store is "Do you have documents?" And then she gave the look as if we are undocuments immigrant. I really believe that people should not judge at any customer for how we are dress, skin color or what kind of clothes do you have. I believe that her prejudicial treatment stop us to buy a package in this agency. Very disrespectful.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2019

We did not receive what we paid for and they would not refund us the full amount. They stated we were confused/misunderstood what we paid for. They also had excuses when it came to providing evidence for example, they just switched phone companies/program and don't have the phone recordings. They are shady and sketchy. I will never travel with them again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Livingston Mall’s Liberty Travel: NEVER AGAIN! My husband sat down with travel agent, Marcie **, to discuss our summer trip to France and London. We specifically asked for a high-end luxury vacation. We described what we wanted in a hotel...5-star quality. What we actually received was a huge disappointment. The hotel they arranged for us in Avignon, France was located outside of Avignon and on the roadside in an industrial area. There was even a graffiti strewn fence, meant to shield the hotel from the roadway. When we drove into the parking lot of the hotel, it felt like we were driving into a Jiffy Lube to get our car serviced. The actual room: We know that European hotel rooms are typically small but the room we had was hardly suitable for my husband, son and myself. It was tiny. And as we indicated in my husband’s initial conversation with Marcie, we were very willing to pay for more space.

In addition, there was no bellboy to help us with our bags, and no safe in the room for our passports and such. There was no mini bar/refrigerator if we wanted snacks or a drink and no room service. When we went downstairs to get ice, we were given a tall glass filled with 6 ice cubes. Again, this was hardly the luxury room or hotel that was described to Marcie. We move on to London where the hotel was far worse! It was much smaller than the Avignon hotel and dingy. I’ve seen dorm rooms bigger and brighter than the room we were in. We were so disappointed. When we contacted Marcie about the room, she offered to move us from a 237 sq ft room to a 251 sq ft room...and at no additional charge! Again, hardly the high-end luxury experience we were looking for in our vacation. When we arrived back home from our trip, my husband went to see Marcie at the Livingston Mall. Her only response was "I'm sorry".

He asked her for an itemized bill of our trip and we were informed that they are unable to provide it because it was "a package and bundled". (This was our second request for the itemized bill. The first time we asked for it was when they presented us with the bill.) We're taking this matter to the Better Business Bureau to see if they can help. We want to see the itemized bill because our concern is that the total luxury price that we paid for does not match the individual items that made up the bill...especially the hotel costs.

The dream vacation anticipated by our family for weeks leading up to our departure is irreversibly tainted if not ruined by the egregious failure on the part of Liberty Travel. I truly doubt that Marcie would have sent her family, or go to the hotels herself, if she was in search of the vacation we so clearly laid out to her. The bottom line is that we trusted Liberty Travel to deliver a high-end luxury vacation and they FAILED! We will never use their services again and we won't recommend them to our circle of friends who are frequent travelers. BEWARE!

Original review: July 8, 2019

First let me say I did not personally use Liberty Travel to book a vacation of my own. However, my son was part of a big family reunion booking and 2 agents I dealt with definitely dropped the ball multiple times on the reservation. First issue my card was charged twice for the cruise, I had to contact them to correct and refund the additional charge.

Secondly the cruises' itinerary was rerouted. Additionally my son is a minor and his card was charged for $150 deposit and still has not been refunded. Lastly, I prepaid gratuity again for my son's cruise by guidance and request of the travel agent only to find out NO ONE else paid gratuity and he was informed by concierge on the cruise line as he is a minor he did not have to pay for gratuity. Poor communication and lack of effort in my opinion throughout the entire booking.

Original review: June 17, 2019

Do not use this agency! Customer service was fine until after we paid. We are planning a vacation with multiple families of friends and we were all told that certain requests could not be confirmed until after we paid. So we paid thousands and thousands of $ for the entire vacation about 4 months before departure, and subsequently followed up with our multiple requests (for example having rooms within the same area of a large resort which we were assured we could do before we paid) many times - always with the same response that it was in process or they are looking into it. Now it is coming up shortly and the only confirmation they the requests were even made is 'their word'. Really, not willing to put that the request was even made in writing so that we have something to show the hotel at check in sounds very questionable. So nothing has been confirmed.

Honestly our experiences with AAA, and actually going through hotels directly, has been awesome. We had originally thought for this multi family trip a local agency would be advantageous because each family could directly communicate with the agent and coordinate. We also thought they could offer some incentives (of which they offered none). In the past AAA at least offered, for example, travel adapters. It was kind of funny the Liberty Travel agent actually said he could offer us 'unlimited resort credit'. Ah ya, accept that comes from the hotel directly and is offered to all guests as part of the all inclusive. Definitely not an incentive from the agency. The service we have received is clearly reflective of why more and more people are using online and other tools to book vacations.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I booked a family vacation to the Hard Rock Hotel in Punta Cana, DR back in February. My family and I no longer feel comfortable going with all the deaths and illnesses that have recently taken place. Liberty Travel nor Hard Rock will refund the money. Allowing for a voucher or transfer to the Mexico resort is not a fair resolution. Liberty Travel is pointing the finger at Hard Rock and I tried calling AIC hotel group (group that owns this resort) and had to leave a message. They advised the turn around time for a callback was 72 hours, but now might be longer. Clearly my family isn't the only one with this issue. Liberty Travel hasn’t helped in advocating for their customer. I thought using them would make planning stress free or guess I was wrong. The right thing needs to be done here by either Liberty Travel or Hard Rock.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I am usually not one to complain and ALWAYS try to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but I am beyond disgusted with the way I have been treated by Liberty Travel in Allentown, PA. I am a former customer with Melissa **, who unfortunately no longer works here. She has taken great care of us in the past, and it is a complete shame she left, but I may now understand why.

Upon calling to find ideas for our honeymoon, I spoke with Kara. I explained my situation and told her our thoughts on prospective future honeymoon destinations. I explained to her that we are very open to any new places (as we have done Cancun and DR in the past and wanted to venture off into new territory) and I would love her expertise on the most romantic all-inclusives she has heard of. Kara made me feel extremely rushed on the phone, in fact, I do not think she was writing any of this down as we spoke, and I received no initial feedback on any prospective honeymoon destination spots. It was a Friday when I spoke with Kara. She assured me that if she did not get a list of prospective resorts for us back to me by the end of Friday, she would be SURE to get them to me at the latest on Sunday. This was very clear.

Fast forward to Friday, a week later, and I received no email, no call, nothing. Again, giving her the benefit of the doubt, I called back and spoke with a co-worker. I explained my situation and the co-worker (I forget her name) was kind, took down my information, and PROMISED me that if Kara did not get back to me by the next day, she would personally call me herself and put together a list for me. She even checked my email to make sure Kara had the correct email.

Fast forward, again, to next Wednesday (5 days later). NO call. NO email. I call back. AGAIN, I am an EXTREMELY nice person. This time I spoke with April. I asked to speak with a manager. Again, I received a bit of a rude, rushed undertone as she told me the manager is in a meeting and will not be able to speak with me. I explained my situation to April (very kindly), hoping maybe she could help instead.

AGAIN, I gave April all the details of our honeymoon wishes, including explaining how we would love some travel agent expertise and advice on where to go for our special trip. April then said to me “You and your fiancé need to figure out what destinations you want to go, and you need to figure out what you are looking for in a honeymoon.” Extremely rude. I responded with, “actually, we do know what we are looking for. We are looking for an all-inclusive romantic resort, in a non-traditional location, and were hoping to have a conversation with someone of expertise to help us narrow down options.” The entire conversation was myself literally trying to BEG of information from her, it was like pulling teeth. I ended up thanking her for her time and hanging up.

I am appalled. There are SO many customer services DISGRACES here. Every person I speak to at this location is very rushed, rude, and I feel like they could LITERALLY care less about my business. Like, can I PLEASE get a reliable source of help for my HONEYMOON? I am disgusted and it would take a miracle for me to even want to use Liberty Travel now for our honeymoon. You may have lost a customer, Liberty Travel.

Original review: April 2, 2019

When I was responding to an email sent by Royal Caribbean cruise line, they recommended asking my travel agent for guidance. I called my travel agent and asked my question. She said she would call the cruise line and get back with me shortly. She responded with an "I guess so," when she was avoiding my specific question she noted she was going to ask the cruise line. This involved money$, so her response offered me no guidance. Thanks for nothing Liberty Travel Route 46 Little Falls, NJ. 1st and last time I will use this travel agency. I should have listened to all the poor reviews I read. I went to them because of being less than 2 minutes from my place of employment. Convenience certainly will not offer professionalism.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

If I could leave no stars, I would. Three different times, I've contacted LT and did receive an auto-generated email notifying me that my email was received, however, 2 women at 2 different times from 2 different states contacted me via email directly and never heard back from them again. LT didn't contact me either. Liberty Travel has very bad customer service and it's not a good look for them and for potential franchise owners/contractors. LT makes their money based on customers who like or love to travel and wouldn't have a business without such customers. Liberty Travel, from what I've experienced, does a very poor job when it comes to following through, answering/returning emails and in hindsight, I should've checked with this website, Consumer Affairs and the Better Business Bureau before contacting Liberty Travel directly. I don't know how LT is still in business. Needless to say, I'm moving away and forward from Liberty.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I went to Liberty Travel to book a 50th anniversary family trip to Disney World. I explained that I was using a travel agency because I wanted assistance in the day to day planning as I wanted the best experience possible. The agent assured me that she could do it and was very happy to take my money for the hotel, tickets etc, but the service stopped there. She handed me what proved to be an incorrect confirmation number to access the Disney website. I knew more about Disney than she did. She was supposed to call when it was time to purchase the airline tickets as it was months ahead of time. She never called and I did it myself.

Through some research, I found a Disney planner who couldn't have been more helpful. However, there are things only the booking agent can do such as requesting adjacent rooms. This required me to make multiple phone calls to assure this was done. If you want a Disney trip, get a good Disney planner. They don't need to be local. It can be done by phone. Do NOT use Liberty!! I won't ever use Liberty again and will share my Liberty experience with as many people as possible.

Liberty Travel Company Information