2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

1.3/5 (126 ratings)

About Liberty Travel

Liberty Travel Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Liberty Travel?

Original review: April 18, 2020

I planned a group trip last March 2019 for this April 7th to the 12th 2020 going to Antigua, made the payments for my daughter and I. The Agent contacted me in February requesting the final payment for the trip which we paid. When March came and the COVID 19 starting getting bad on 3/7/2029 we notified the agent Ana out of the Yonkers office and told her we wanted to cancel the trip due to the COVID 19 which her response was we would be safer in Antigua, and we should wait to cancel, we had until 3/28/2020! I told her to cancel and refund our money, her to was very dismissive and annoyed! She stated she would do it. I called her back 2 weeks later 3/21/2020, the refund hadn’t been processed yet. She stated she was just getting to it. Which is unacceptable! At that point I was placed on quarantine, I was sick and out of work.

So I had one of the girls to call to see when will the refund will be issued which was never given until April when they then stated it takes 6-8 weeks which should have been explain when trip was canceled. I left a message for Ana last Wednesday 4/8/2020 and still haven’t gotten a call from her yet and today is 4/18/2020! I will NEVER book another trip through Libert Travel!!! I’m telling everyone I know never use this company again and it sad! I was in Jamaica in December for 6 days, used Liberty Travel, used Dawn who was easier to deal with.

I travel every year twice a year, they will never get my money anymore do to the treatment I was given. No one wants to take responsibility to handle this from March 7th and everyone I talk to gives different information! And the crazy part is I’ve been sick out of work since 3/20/2020 with no pay and can’t get a simple refund from a company is supposed to have prestige! This was a real eye-opener! I called the refund department today 4/18/2029 who refused to help me!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Planned an all inclusive trip to Jamaica in January for April with Liberty Travel agent Faith in their Springfield office, before all of the Covid 19 restrictions began. Finally had no choice but to cancel trip when Jamaica closed its borders and our flights were cancelled. Called Faith and was advised our airfare would be refunded as a voucher even after the flight was cancelled out of our control and the insurance would be placed on a Gift card.

After calling American Airlines multiple times they advised we would get our money back and not a voucher. However, the money would be refunded to liberty travel first and they will be responsible to refund our money. After multiple back and forth with Faith in regards to receiving a voucher versus our money, she sent an email that said that American Airlines was actually providing cash refunds and it would take nothing short of 60 days to complete. With no apologies in regards to our experience or her customer service. Will never book with this liberty travel again and still waiting on a refund with no updates.

Original review: April 15, 2020

The agents at Liberty are doing the best they can under the circumstances. They have to abide by local/state/federal regulations as far as travel cancellations and refunds. And right now, these policies are changing on an hourly basis. Insurance can only cover certain issues. Keep in mind, the agent at Liberty has to call each airline and destination accommodation for each call. And as everyone knows, in the best of times, this is frustrating. Now, with the panic epidemic-the call centers for ALL businesses are overwhelmed. Keep in mind, the travel agents are COMMISSION. They are all working from home, making less money than normal, dealing with their OWN issues of the panic epidemic and listening to customers all day while waiting for their pink slip. Be kind.

Original review: April 14, 2020

We booked an all inclusive trip to Cozumel in January. Then the virus started rolling out. In March we were told if the airline (American Airlines) cancelled the flights we'd get a refund. The hotel (Secrets Aura) an AMR Resort closed and cancelled all reservations the end of February. Finally, American Airlines cancelled the flights in early April. Our agent at Liberty Travel then said, "Branch offices were suddenly told they could not issue refunds. That someone in their corporate office in New Jersey, would be contacting us within 5 days to discuss refund "Options" (?)". It's been 10 days and no calls or contact. So I called the corp office and spoke to "Rocco". He said it could be 2-3 billing cycles before we got any refund. Liberty Travel is clearly using our money for their operating expenses right now. I want our money back!

Original review: April 13, 2020

I went into Liberty Travel in Southampton Pennsylvania in early March. Sat with a girl named Megan **. Told her I wanted to book a trip to Universal Studios for three people. She made it sound so great. I told her I’ll get back to her after talking it out with my GF. I called Megan and said, "Let’s book the trip." She sent me an invoice via email. I paid with my bank card in full. Trip was booked and all sounded great.

Until the Covid 19 issues started. I called Megan to ask her if I would get a refund if this went out of control. She stated unless the parks and resorts close I’m basically out of luck. Megan said I have nothing to worry about. She will call me when she gets updates from the resorts or Disney. March 18th no call. I hear they closed Disney parks until April 1st. I call the resort and they stated they are closing March 20th to April 1st.

I email Megan and ask her if we choose to cancel how much will we get refunded? She replies back, "If you want to cancel please reply cancel." So I email and say we are talking about it but need to know if we cancel how much will we get back? I get a reply from Megan saying she is going to lunch and will get back to me when she gets back. I never get a reply from her. The next day she calls me and says She is going on vacation and will call me in a week when she returns. She tells me the amount via voice that I’ll get back.

A day later me and my girl talked about it. We decided to cancel our trip due to the virus issues getting worse. I call liberty travel Southampton and find out they are closed and the associates are working from home. I talked to a rep and told her to cancel the trip. I also asked her if she could send me an email with the amounts I’ll get returned. She said, "I thought Megan went over that with you." I said yes via voice not email. She sent me the email and said my refund was processed on March 20th and it will take 7 to 10 days for the return to come back to me. Over a week later checked my account. No refund. Megan is now back from vaca. I email her and say, "I don’t see the refund. Any update?" She responds back with, "The refund has been processed. It’s out of our hands. Check with your bank."

I call my bank. They see nothing pending. I email Megan back and say I checked with the bank and nothing pending. She never answers me back. Then a day later she replies, "I checked with our finance team," and it’s going to take 7 to 8 weeks for me to receive my refund. I was so angry, at this point I said this is pathetic and I need a receipt of the refund. I sent many emails to her asking to send receipt of refund. I get no reply from this point on.

Two days later I get a call from the manager at this location. She explains it's Megan’s bad for losing a client and treating me like this. I explain the entire situation. She says, "You’ll get a refund from the airlines for the full amount in a voucher." I’ll get the amount we talked about back to my card in 7 to 8 weeks and per deposit per adult well get that back in a liberty travel gift card. I explained, "I will never use you guys again so why am I getting this gift card?" She says it’s the way it works and nothing can be done about that.

I asked for a return receipt and never got one. I found out that Disney now is closing the parks until summer and same with resorts. Our trip was suppose to be in late April. I call liberty travel and explain this is not my fault. I feel I should get the gift card returned as cash. Boo sorry not happening I’m told. I call the corporate office and some lady emailed me a receipt invoice of the return. She also explained the same issues with the gift card and airlines and refund. Do not use this company. Do not use the Southampton PA office if you do. They are so nice till an issue arises and then they blow you off like you never existed. It’s a nightmare to get any information from them after you book your trip.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

I originally called Liberty Travel to set up a short trip to Punta Cana, Dominican Republic from the dates of December 28 to January 2 and I was put through to a travel agent out of New Jersey. I told her what I was looking for and she searched for hotels and flights and we spoke for a few minutes about accommodation and flights. I told her I would get back to her. Well, seeing that the all-inclusive package was out of my budget, I called her back to see if she could find me a hotel and flight to Santo Domingo for those dates (mind you, I had already did some research on Expedia and found a hotel + flight for three people within my budget for those dates). She goes on to tell me that there’s only one hotel available because everything is booked...not true, but um ok.

Well, she calls me back the next today to find out what I wanted to do and I let her know that I had already found a hotel and flight and asked if Liberty Travel offered any private guides that could provide airport transportation; she told me no and then went on to say that Santo Domingo is just a city and not a tourist destination!! Clearly, she knows nothing about Santo Domingo and really shouldn’t be a travel agent if she can’t even take the time to properly research availability on hotels and flights. Long story short; DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS TRAVEL AGENCY. YOU’RE BETTER OFF PLANNING YOUR TRIP BY YOURSELF!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2019

They mess up everything. Out of office reply is standard. Book flights at the highest cost. Forget to offer insurance. Too busy to find a hotel. Make excuse after excuse. Do not use them. They are horrible. Waste of time and they get paid commissions for screwing up everything. NEVER EVER USE THEM. Better off doing it yourself. You’ll save a ton of money and aggravation.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I chose to use a travel agency to book my honeymoon knowing I would be preoccupied the month leading up to the event assuming they would keep on top of any and all details leading into the vacation. This was not the case. After being stranded at the airport for over an hour waiting to be picked up I learned nothing had been confirmed and the local team had incorrect info all over the place.

To make matters worse, I called Liberty to fix everything and the customer service team spent the entire time telling me how detailed they are and how it was all my fault. My mistake, I didn’t realize I had to do your job and pay you for it. I will certainly never use Liberty Travel again. I hope this post helps to save their next potential customer from making the same mistake.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2019

I used Liberty Travel in New Jersey to assist with a recommendation and arranging my daughter's destination wedding for November 2018. They recommended the Azul Sensatori hotel in Jamaica. We were dealing with Jamie ** and Steven **. They were so pleasant and helpful until we paid. We tried to call the hotel to deal plan the wedding and they never returned our calls. We asked Jamie and Steven to assist us as we wanted to make all the necessary arrangements. They never called us back and then when asked to help us with dealing with the unresponsive hotel, they lied and said they were calling them too and emailing them on our behalf. I sensed this wasn't true and asked for the emails they sent on our behalf.

Jamie eventually admitted she never wrote any email nor contacted the hotel. It was like they didn't know us after we paid them. We asked them to make sure we would have ocean view rooms for our guests and a honeymoon suite for my daughter and son in law which we paid for. They said they did and it was arranged but when we got there nobody had ocean view, in fact we faced the garbage dump and the parking lot. And there was no honeymoon suite to be had. Such an embarrassment. They repeatedly lied and just didn't do their jobs. Shame on them. We spoke to corporate and made a complaint but they said there was nothing they could do. I would never use another Liberty Travel, especially the one in New Jersey. We have some to find out that there are many negative reviews and complaints with the Better Business Bureau on them.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

If I could give 0 stars for how horrible the planning was I would! I started planning my trip to Cabo in June and contact "Liberty Travel" because I booked trips with them 2 times before Jamaica (best planner and trip experience ever!! and DR was ok...But this TRIP AND PLANNER (NAME) Averielle Willow Grove office was HORRIBLE!! She was never in the office, she didn't set up any kind of accommodations for my Birthday or communicate to the hotel that it was my birthday during my stay so they could have acknowledged it...Any perks we had we set up our selves. Which is why you go to a travel agency to save the headache! She absolutely had no planning skills at all! She tried to charge us extra money for the room until I told her what to do and to do her job! DO NOT EVER PLAN WITH HER. YOU MIGHT AS WELL JUST PLAN YOUR OWN TRIP!

Liberty Travel Company Information