Kenya Airways

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was on a flight from France to Sierra Leone for business assignment. On reaching my destination I did not get my luggages so I quickly reported lost and found at the airport. Kenya Airways after 21 days told me my luggages cannot be traced so I should apply for compensation of which I did. 6 months later they called me to inform me that they have found my luggages so I should refund the money before getting my luggages. Am kind of shock by their decision which is weird. I need a legal advice.

This has to be the worst airline I have ever flown with. I have traveled with them on 5 occasions and on each occasion the flight were delayed. On two occasions the flights were canceled without explanation. My last experience and the reason for my feeling forced to review them was horrific. The flight I was due to catch had been rescheduled, it should have been a two stop flight taking a particular route and returning to Nairobi.

Kenya Airways decided to send it the opposite way around the route meaning that passengers wanting to disembark at the first stop where actually occupying the seats booked for other passengers. This resulted in a 2.5hr delay in arriving in Nairobi and therefore passengers with a connecting flight were stranded in Nairobi. Very few flight were available and in my case I faced a 17hr delay awaiting my rescheduled flight to Paris and then a further 5 hr delay in Paris awaiting my flight to UK. This meant I arrived a full 14hrs behind schedule.

To cap it all when I requested compensation they then took 10 days to respond but simply apologized and offered my 5000 air miles. Since then they have not responded to any emails and when any attempts to talk to their agents on their online chat I'm told I'm No 1 in the cue and then after a short period the connection is dropped. I've flown with countless airlines and experienced many different levels of service but Kenya have to be the worst. Flights are unpredictable, cabin staff are unfriendly and greet you as though you are the last person in the world they want to see and to cap it all the customer service is an impenetrable wall of ignorance. DO NOT USE THIS AIRLINE, THEY MAY APPEAR CHEAP BUT THE ADAGE YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR IS TAKEN TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL with this bunch of comedians, pride of Africa is an insult to the rest of Africa!!!

I just received the worst from supposed the best airline in Africa from rude, inefficient incompetent staff to unreliable IT systems. I changed my flight online and was charged R258.22 ($18). I was then refunded the full amount and was told to pay at the airport. On arrival at the airport I was sent to 3 counters before arriving at the correct counter. E-ticket sales Maureen and her supervisor was rude, unhelpful and incompetent. Definitely not people who should deal with customers. I was told: "pay $149 or miss your flight. We only have one manager and he cannot come to ticket department. We cannot help you further."

They calculated $180 on a piece of paper and have spending 20 minutes checking various systems they then recalculated on paper $149. How can you quote $18 and then charge $149. The incompetent supervisor at tickets sales had the audacity to tell me that online I would pay $18 but at airport I must pay $149. I would like the following: Full explanation of your rude, incompetent staff. How can you operate airport on Sunday with NO available management? A full refund of the difference. I look forward to your professional, efficient response. I prefer to resolve this amicably without the need to escalate to social media channels.

I felt very offended on board on flight KQ0406 from ADDIS ABABA to NAIROBI (18 June 2016) when the most senior (aged) Air hostess (I don't know the name but she was the oldest among others) tried to behave very rudely. I fly frequently with many other Airlines but this was my first experience with Kenya Airlines.

Please don't recruit such frustrated old woman who try to disappoint your customers without any good reason. Passengers don't expect any respect from them on board but they should not at least misbehave with us.

Luggage didn't arrive so had to pay 70 USD to get it delivered. Long haul flight delayed: due to depart Nairobi 29 August actually departed next day and arrived the day after that. Flight attendants disobliging and disinterested. All blissfully unaware of expected arrival time in Hong Kong, this while we were at the Bangkok 'technical stop'. Point blank refusal to respond to requests for written terms and conditions. See ARTICLE 17 on their website, in fact they do not issue what the site says you may get on request. No sound available while watching movies, again crew utterly disinterested. The list is endless. Avoid like the plague.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Kenya Airways?

I've been a Kenya Airways user since 2000, however, I am done with that caricature of an airline!!! Reasons: 1-Last year, I recommended KA to a friend, helped him buy his ticket from Guangzhou to Douala via Nairobi. While in Nairobi, he was abandoned in the airport (with other passengers) without any explanation, and after being stranded for over an hour, it was announced that they had to be checked into a hotel to travel the following day (24 hours delay). They lied that they had missed the connecting flight, but actually, no Kenyan plane touched Cameroonian soil that day (meaning they hadn't planned any connecting flight).

2- The exact thing happened to my wife yesterday, same itinerary. Hers is even worse because after the rubbish treatment and disregard for her pregnancy (35 weeks, cleared), her extra kg's, (paid in Baiyun Airport), they insisted she pays again in Nairobi simply because she didn't have the overweight ticket that was issued in Guangzhou. Don't they have an online database??? The worst is that she arrived Yaounde just to be told that her checked luggage would arrive but two days later, (25th August 2016) because they were still in Kenya and there wasn't any Kenya Airways flight to Yaounde the next day, (24th August 2016) but when you check their online booking service, you see flights to Cameroon (Yaounde and Douala) the next day.

This means Kenya Airways sell full tickets, indicating a 20 hour journey when they actually know that they don't have any connecting flight until after 48 hours between China and Kenya. Do they consider the inconveniences they cause people??? (no sincere apologies, no compensation) Kenya Airways is a scam and I am gonna let the world know this on my blog, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. if nothing is done to compensate my wife.

Over the years I have been a frequent flier with KQ but my experience in the last 2 years has forced me to abandon it. In June 2015, I traveled with from Dar es Salaam via Nairobi. I booked my flight in the Dar KQ office and told the lady at the counter that I wanted to stop over in Nairobi for a week and would proceed to Entebbe, Uganda thereafter. I took my ticket and fly to Nairobi and after a week went to the airport to fly to Entebbe. I was shocked to be told that my flight was on the same day in October 2015. I protested and told the lady at the counter that I had booked that day. They told me they would check with the Dar office. Guess what! The lady in the Dar office denied me and insisted that I had booked that day, but in October!! I could not believe my ears.

They told me I had to pay a fine of US$90 if I wanted to change my ticket to that day. This was broad daylight robbery, I thought. I protested strongly, but they referred me to the manager on duty. I explained to him my problem, but he said, there was nothing he could do about it. I asked him, what his job was if he as the company representative could not solve a problem like that. He looked at me sheepishly and said it was company policy. I asked him what policy was that which allowed such extortion. I had no choice but to pay. But I have sworn, never to use KQ again, ever! I think KQ has outlived its usefulness and should leave the business of flying and leave it to well-managed airlines.

I am an avid user of Kenya Airways over the years, however the conduct displayed by some of the crew members aboard KQ 624 on 14/11/2015 was appalling to say the least. The groping of the first officer ,Victor ** on the flight attendant in front of my kids was distasteful and embarrassing both for me and the other passengers who were in clear sight. If this is what your airline stands for, kindly advise parents with children to clearly look for alternative airlines. Very dissatisfied client.

I arrived on an international flight and was scheduled and checked in online to catch a flight to Mombasa. However, at the international arrivals the process of getting the luggage was extremely slow and the queues to the customs stretched for miles on end. I sought help at the Kenya airways desk in the international arrivals explaining about my connecting flight but they were very unhelpful and rude saying there is nothing they can do. The lady I spoke to was even questioning why I traveled with Emirates instead of Kenya Airways (as if I would even ever consider it after this experience!)

I finally arrived at the departures terminal 20 minutes before the flight departure. However, I was denied boarding despite having checked in online the previous day! I was informed that I will be put on standby on the next flight which was for 18:55 p.m. I was shown where to wait with my luggage until they start checking for this particular flight.

At 18:00 hours I was informed that the flight is full and If I want to travel I have to pay Kenya shillings 11,770 to be upgraded to business class where they had seats available (this was pure bribery!) I refused to pay as asked to speak to the Manager but she was also very dismissive and supporting the idea that I pay for business class. As a result of not obliging to the bribery I was informed that I will be placed on standby for the next flight 22:55 p.m., which they cited as fully booked at the time and surprise surprise there were business seats available that I could pay Ksh 11,770 to avoid missing this last flight!

I walked to the Kenya Airways Sales Office at the other side of the building and explained my situation to their supervisor, after so many phone calls in Swahili, he asked me to pay 25 dollars in order to travel with the 22:55 flight! It turned out there were seats available in economy class after all! I found the whole experience absurd and intimidating. This was no way for anyone to start a holiday, having traveled for 15 hours and then to have such experiences. I will be filing a suit to get my 25 dollars back when I get back home where professionalism and respect is the order of the day.

I travelled with my family on flight KQ780 from Livingstone, Zambia to Nairobi on 31-Jul-15. Our 3 pieces of checked-in luggage did not appear for 2 hours after the flight landed at 11 p.m. The Baggage Handling Services office of Kenya Airways was completely unattended through this period, and we couldn't find anyone to inquire with on our problem. When the official finally returned at 1 a.m., he informed us that our bags had not been loaded on the flight and were still in Livingstone. He was unable to offer any explanation for this, or why the Livingstone office had not updated him on this earlier. Had the latter been done, we could have been told immediately upon our arrival in Nairobi and would not have needed to waste 2 hours at the airport.

The official committed to us that our bags would be sent by the first flight out of Livingstone on 1-Aug-15 (regardless of which airline operated this) and would be delivered to us at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge (to which we were scheduled to depart early on 1-Aug-15) immediately thereafter. When I spoke to Baggage Services at Kenya Airways at 7:30 a.m. on 1-Aug-15, the agent told me that the bags would leave Livingstone only by the next Kenya Airways flight, late on 2-Aug-15. I told them that it was contrary to what had been committed to me earlier, and was unacceptable to me. I told the agent that I needed the bags to be loaded on to the British Airways flight departing from Livingstone at 1:30 p.m. that day for Johannesburg, South Africa and transferred to the Kenya Airways flight which would arrive in Nairobi at 9:25 p.m. on 1-Aug-15.

What followed thereafter was an experience straight out of hell. We called Baggage Services at Kenya Airways umpteen times over the next few days to inquire about our bags. At different times, we were told that they had all three bags, they had 1 bag, they had 2 bags, or that they were completely unable to trace where our bags were. We were promised that the bags would be delivered to us by a certain day and time, and nothing appeared. We were told by the officials in Baggage Services at Kenya Airways that they would call us back with updates at certain times, and received no calls. We pleaded, implored and ranted, to no avail. I have a sequential description of the events, in case anybody wishes to learn more.

One of our bags was delivered to us at the Mara Serena Safari Lodge at 10:30 a.m. on 3-Aug-15, 2-1/2 days after it went missing. The other bags were delivered to Nairobi Serena Hotel at 7:00 p.m. on 4-Aug-15, almost 4 days after our flight. The combination lock on one of the bags had been cracked. On the duffle bag, the zip fastener had been cut through. Some items in the bags had been broken, including two bottles of sauce, which had spilt through the bag.

I approached Kenya Airways Baggage Services, Nairobi Airport at 8:00 p.m. on 7-Aug-15, as we were departing the country, and sought a report chronicling the entire incident. The officer on duty handed this over with great reluctance, and after editing out significant portions of the report. She said that she did not have a Kenya Airways official rubber-stamp to apply to the report, which was a print-out from a system called World Tracer. She signed on one page, only after repeated exhortations to do so. When asked for compensation from the airline, I was offered USD 100. The amount was to cover all the inconveniences incurred during the late delivery of 3 bags, belonging to 4 passengers, for a period of 3-1/2 days. Sounds fair, right?

During the ordeal, at 10:00 p.m. on 2-Aug-15, I had sent an e-mail message to the Ministry of East African Affairs Commerce & Tourism Kenya, Kenya Civil Aviation Authority KCAA and put up a post on their Facebook pages + the Facebook page of Phyllis Chepkosgei Kandie, Minister for East African Affairs, Commerce and Tourism, imploring for their assistance. I received 0 response on these through the trip. At the end of my nightmarish experience, and the ruin of my (expensive) holiday in Kenya, what is my opinion on the airline and the people who I reached out to for assistance? A composite of lack of professionalism, incompetence, even criminal intent. If the airline did sink into bankruptcy, I, for one, would not be shedding any tears.

I was on KQ 607 from Mombasa to Nairobi and my bag was damaged and the lock is missing. I tried to file a complaint at the Baggage handling there and they weren't interested in helping. I called the number from KQ website and the lady told me that I should report this at the Baggage handling -- when I explained to her my experience at the Baggage handling she didn't know what to do. Solution: Don't check in bags with Kenya Airways, or better avoid using KQ.

We called 20 times to know where the luggage is, but nobody seems to care. There you are in the middle of nowhere without luggage and no help of Kenya Airways. They gave us the wrong telephone numbers over and over again and we are still waiting. Terrible customer care.

I travelled on 8th July 2015 from Dar to Gaborone via Nairobi. My flight was KQ 485 Dar NRB which was cancelled and rebooked to Precision to NBI and later KQ 716 to Gabs. I arrived late at 2am and my suitcase was not there. Cargo handling told me it will come the following day they will call me, they didn't but when I called them they said it is in J'burg and it will be brought by Air Botswana. Unfortunately, it was not. Today 3 days later I have not received my suitcase and no word from Kenya Airways and their office in town is closed. What kind of service is this? I am completely disappointed because this is the second time it is happening to me on the same route.

Following my recent flight from Nairobi to London via Paris, my pre-booked vegetarian meal was not made available as they had run out and no optional vegetarian meal was accorded to me. It was an 8-hour flight and I had to survive on water only. Having made a complaint to Kenya Airways they took the easy route out to blame everything on IT error. And no compensation was offered. The plane was only half full so amendments could have easily been made. But it seems that Kenya Airways is not bothered about the welfare of its passengers.

I am a frequent flyer on the NBO-EBB route. I have noted over time that KQ419 often flies ahead of time - sometimes up to half an hour before. I guess the excuse is that the aircraft spends the night in Entebbe and it is easy to leave early. My advice is that too early can be as bad as too late! Having a ground crew that is not so sensitive to customer care as you do in Entebbe makes things worse. Yesterday 11th June I was travelling to Nairobi and Accra and had arrived at Entebbe airport 2 hrs before the flight time. I heard the pre-boarding announcement but not the final boarding one as I sat in the lodge.

In short they flew about half an hour ahead of time and left me 'relaxing' in the lodge. They rescheduled my flight to today same time and we took off at 4.55 am rather than the scheduled 5.25 am. I don't know who they left this time but when we got to Nairobi, we had to hover above JKIA for at least 15 minutes before the pilot could be granted a landing slot. I am totally disgusted and I would like to be compensated for the inconvenience that was caused by leaving me in Entebbe.

London to Nairobi, no complaints. Nairobi to Zanzibar, Kenya Airways cancels the flight and do not communicate this with us. Then they managed to put us on a later flight, boarded and never took off. They broke the rules of security and human rights. Asked us to go on a bus not knowing where we were going and felt I was in a movie and kidnapped. Then picked up from the hotel and 15 hours later we were in Zanzibar. Now on our return, once we reached Nairobi, they said that the flight is overbooked and sending us to London via Paris. Right now I am still in Paris, nearly 24 hours till we left Zanzibar. Kenya Airways has no protocols, no communications and no standard operating procedures. They should not be calling thematic pride of Africa. We also lost one night in Zanzibar and hotel stay. Please avoid this airline.

Three times out of five flights in business class between Yaounde and Bangkok, Kenya Airways delivered my bags with a delay ranging from one to four days.

No mistake, it was made on purpose. Every time the plane was packed with boxes of goods and as the storage space was not enough KA decided to make some extra profit by accepting the goods and leaving some 50 people bags in Nairobi.

The local agency does not deliver the bags home when they arrive so every time one needs to lose half a day to go to the airport and then back home. The local agency does not inform the passengers of the bags arrival. You have to call. I contacted the customer service several times by mail but besides the message receipt mail, they didn't answer. These people have no ethics, no respect for their clients and no long term business vision. To be avoided if any alternative exist.

I am very impressed with the customer service I received from the Bujumbura, Burundi Kenya Airways Office. The Team is excellent, the staff very helpful and they managed to solve even my problems caused by a different office. I shall not state the office but I am happy to recommend anyone to Fly to Burundi with Kenya Airways and you will be guaranteed of an excellent customer service. The office is small but their service is excellent. Keep it up to especially the Country Office **, Station Manager ** and others. Keep it up guys and indeed Kenyan Airways is the Pride of Africa!

The worst service I have ever received in my entire life. Assess and train your staff on customer services.

I booked a ticket for my parents in laws in Malawi from Chennai to Lilongwe. Although I preferred Ethiopian Airways which I am used to, the agent at Satguru Travels counseled me that Kenya Airways has link with Jet Airways and that by paying US$200 extra one can opt for through luggage, meaning one collects the luggage at end destination Lilongwe once put in Chennai. He said it will be convenient for my elderly parents in laws. I agreed and to my shock and distress, my aged parents in law were refused the service at Chennai, citing no reasons, although co-passenger with them were given that privilege. This caused undue physical and emotional stress for the passengers and relatives, more so for me.

When I e-mailed the agent, he forwarded it to Kenya Airways which just gave an apology letter. The date of journey and incident happened on 1st October 2014, and until now I am running from pillar to post and Kenya Airways refuse to come up with any compensation. Sure I did not spent US$ 200 extra to read a fancy apology letter and take all the stress for both the elderly passengers and myself. Please anyone who plan to come from any part of India to Lilongwe through Mumbai, do not believe in Kenya Airways promises and false promotions.

Today Saturday 25th Oct the midday flight KQ542 to Nairobi from Lagos, Nigeria has been cancelled. We found out around 8.15am. We were told that as we were only going to Nairobi and not an onward flight that we could not go on the evening flight. We were offered the Accra flight that would touch down and pick us in Lagos around midnight. We declined the offer of a Hotel and came back home. No explanation at all but it stinks of consolidation to me. Suits KQ but not their customers. Also means I have had to pay for a Hotel night.

I booked flight in Kenya Airways from Kinshasa to Mumbai via Nairobi. My date of itinerary is 12-Sep-2014 night Kinshasa to Nairobi and 13-Sep-2014 evening Nairobi to Mumbai. Unfortunately 12-Sep-2014 got cancelled due to technical reason and they informed us they accommodate us in flight of 13-Sep-2014 morning and they provided hotel stay in Kinshasa.

As agreed they arranged seats on 13-Sep-2014. So, my revised itinerary changed to 13-Sep-2014 Kinshasa to Nairobi and 13-Sep-2014 Nairobi to Mumbai reaching Mumbai on 14-Sep-2014. As both 12th and 13th customers accommodated in the same flight of 13-Sep-2014 there was a heavy rush for check in at Kinshasa. I think the agents of Kenya Airways in Kinshasa might have not seen that much of crowd they messed up things in everything.

I stand up in the queue almost 3 hours before departure time and I got boarding pass @ 15 minutes before departure time.. The problem started here.. Actually they have to issue 2 boarding pass one for Kinshasa to Nairobi and Nairobi to Mumbai and arrange the checked baggage to be delivered to Mumbai as final destination. But they issued boarding pass only up to Nairobi and they transferred my luggage up to Nairobi only.

When I reached Nairobi it is already late and Nairobi to Mumbai flight is ready for departure and waiting for passengers from Kinshasa because that flight carrying more than 25-30 transit passengers to Mumbai. I did not had time to check for baggage in Nairobi and just collected Boarding pass in Nairobi as it was not issued in Kinshasa.

I reached Mumbai on 14-Sep-2014 morning and I know that baggage not going to come with the same flight I arrived because baggage is booked only until Nairobi. I waited till baggage clearance getting over and I made complaint to Kenya Airways representatives in Mumbai Jet Airways. I explained the situation and made formal complaint. They said they will arrange to get the baggage and will arrange to dispatch the baggage to my home to airport in Coimbatore. After my formal complaint the sequences of happenings as follows:

I made formal complaint on 14-Sep-2014 morning with Kenya Airways. I traveled from Mumbai to Coimbatore as per my itinerary. When I reached Coimbatore I got a surprise message from my wife that she got a call from Kenya Airways and they found out the baggage and they will arrange to transfer to Coimbatore as early as possible.

On 15-Sep-2014 morning I called customer care to know the status of my baggage. I got very surprised message from them.. The baggage already reached Mumbai and they are arranging to dispatch to Coimbatore and they will inform the tag number of my baggage once they dispatch. I got a call from Customer care in the evening and they informed me that my luggage is arriving Coimbatore @ 8.20 PM in Jet Airways and informed to go and collect the baggage. That gave very big surprise for me because they traced and transferred the luggage within 48 hours from complaint time.

Though it is mistake of one of the staffs/agents mistake in loading baggage to wrong location, the way they handled the complaint and arrange the baggage to reach my city is amazing.. Hats off to Kenya Airways and Jet Airways who is agent for Kenya Airways in India.

Last year August we traveled to London on our way to Turkey. The lady at the check in was really chatty and forgot to put one of my bags on the belt. I arrived in London... No bag.. Upon inquiry, the bag was confirmed in Nairobi. It was supposed to arrive the next day.. Again no bag.. It will arrive at night. During this time I had to travel for a holiday to Turkey. Called them and KQ said they will put it on the next Turkish airlines flight.. Reached Istanbul. No help there as there is no KQ. Next I was told it will arrive to the hotel in Atlanta.. Went to holiday and had to buy lots of clothes for me and my daughter as we had no clothes. No iPad as it was in the bag. No chargers as they were in the bag. Followed it up but the KQ staff in Nairobi had a major turnover and the ones left behind.. No help.

Told to fill a claim for and deliver it with original receipts.. How can I when I have no receipts for most of the items? Up to date no luggage or compensation has been paid. Sad.... But still trying.

As a Diamond Medallion customer with Delta Airlines & SkyTeam partners, I'm allowed to check 3 pieces of luggage when traveling from North America to Africa. At check-in at JFK New York I checked in 1 piece of luggage and opted to carry on my laptop bag and another standard carryon piece. My connection in Amsterdam on KLM to Dubai was smooth as expected, and went on without a hitch. Upon my arrival in Dubai for my connecting flight on KQ to Nairobi was the beginning of my nightmare. First off, I noticed a gentleman standing at the entrance to the gate with a scale, and each passenger had to weigh all of their carrying pieces including duty free items. Needless to say, this was causing a great deal of debate and confusion, with many people being sent to the counter to pay extra fees for weight beyond 10 Kilos.

When it was my turn, my laptop bag was fine but I was told that I had to gate check the other bag because it would not fit in the overhead bin. Needless to say, I was confused by this because I travel on the same 767 Aircraft all the time and never had a problem fitting the bag in the overhead bin. In any event, I complied with the gate check request. When I arrived in Nairobi, my gate checked bag had not arrived as expected. I filed a lost baggage claim, and was told the bag would arrive the next day. When I didn't hear from KQ as promised I followed up with them and spoke with Carol who advised me that regretfully the bag that I gate checked in Dubai was somehow misrouted and was on its way to Japan, via Paris, and Moscow and she would send a message to have it sent back to Nairobi.

When I didn't hear from them as promised once again I called back numerous times over the next few days, and was told various things including the bag is now in Dubai. I don't know where it is or I send baggage claim a message to have them get in touch with you. Needless to say they never contacted me. When I finally heard from them, I was told that the bag was located in Dubai, and it would be on the next flight to Nairobi. The bag did not arrive the next day as promised and neither did I hear from KQ. When I called again, I was now told that I owed KQ for the gate checked bag, and needed to pay them $200 for them to send it to Nairobi. Needless to say, I'm totally beyond my limits in that KQ should be paying me for the stress, anxiety and inconvenience they have caused for mishandling my bag, and not the other way around based on KQ's Conditions of Carriage. Today I begin a lawsuit against KQ, citing violation of their Conditions of Carriage.

I traveled to Kinshasa through set of connecting flights as KQ 550 FIH, KQ 311 NBO and PK 211 DXB and reached Kinshasa on January 2, 2013. On reaching here, I found that my luggage (tag number: **) has not reached and was not delivered to me. I logged the complaints in the office on Kinshasa airport and was promised delivery of luggage by next day. On the contrary, despite the delay of 7 days by 8 Jan 2013, the luggage has not been delivered to me. It has been informed that my luggage has been located in Nairobi as tag-less. So many reminders have been forwarded to Nairobi but no response has been received as yet. Point to register is that my important documents are in the bag and I had to produce the same to MONESCO; failing which I may have a big problem for myself. I requested the concerned officials to take notice of the issue as priority and provide me my luggage as soon as possible.

I want to complain that I booked a Kenya Airways ticket on the 4th of Dec. 2012 and was delayed for 4 days which cost my job. They later dumped me in Nairobi where I am now for 25 days and I don't know when I am going to my country. All my documents are okay, but they refused to pay for my hotel for the periods I am here. Please help me out so that I can go. My ticket number is ** and the attachment is a letter to my boss that they delayed me.

My family has been stuck in Amsterdam for 2 days. There is no information as to the delays and they are blaming school airport. Duh! The plane is yours, why would they be at fault? Also, lack of information means my family have not been able to make alternative plans and spent 2 days running back and forth to the airport. Pride of Africa, don't think so. This is extremely poor management!

Kenya Airways’ Dakar office issued a ticket from Dakar to Nairobi for 4 people. They also issued 3 tickets from Nairobi to Brazzaville. This message aims to bring to your attention the unprofessional conduct by KQ staff in Jomo Kenyatta Airport that took place on Tuesday morning. The way they treated my family is unacceptable and I cannot leave things like that. I intend to bring this as far as possible so that KQ will never treat any woman with babies the way they treated my family. I am getting legal advice to identify what action will have the most effect on KQ and those who are responsible. My family was supposed to join me today; they are coming from Dakar. This message is in relation to the fact that KQ refused to embark my daughter in your flight on Nairobi/Brazzaville last August 7, although the KQ staff in Dakar (office and airport) confirmed that everything was okay.

KQ Dakar (office in town) issued 4 tickets to Dakar-Nairobi and 3 for Nairobi-Brazza. They told my wife that KQ Dakar Airport would issue the 4th one (Nairobi-Brazza) when checking. KQ Dakar Airport refused to issue the 4th ticket saying that Nairobi would do it. KQ Airport authorized the 4 people to embark knowing that only 3 of them would be authorized to embark from Nairobi. KQ Nairobi Airport refused to embark all of them and asked my wife to pay another ticket. They treated them as if they were trying to cheat. KQ Nairobi Airport staff left an entire family (including a baby) at the airport for almost 10 hours. The flight arrived in Nairobi around 4 am and they were allowed to go to the hotel around 2 pm. Can you imagine what my children went through?

It is only after their regional supervisor intervened that they started taking care of the situation. KQ Nairobi even lied to him that the family was at the hotel while they were still at the airport. I called Hilton and they were not there. They arrived there a long time after. An official legal complaint against KQ abuse and unprofessionalism, irresponsibility, and stupid behavior from your staff will arrive in due time. All possible actions (legal, press, report to internet forum) will be taken to ensure KQ’s staff never mistreat a woman with children. My hope is to contribute to making KQ a more family-friendly company.

I am a businessman. The concern is that I want to travel to Uganda and then Ghana. For that, I have arranged visa for both the countries along with my wife. So on 21, we took flight from Mumbai (India) to Nairobi and to Entebbe (Uganda). Our flight to Ghana was on the 25th, 5:30 by KQ-508 and KQ-417. So we reached at the airport by 3:30 and taken boarding pass to Nairobi, but not given pass to Accra. So when we were at the immigration, they did not allow us to go to Ghana (by saying that nobody can go to Ghana from Uganda other than the resident of Ghana).

If that's so, why did the airline not make arrangement for the stay in Uganda? We requested them to give us seats for Mumbai, but we're not given. Their behavior was not good. We did not get the chance to cancel our ticket to Ghana and local ticket to Accra to Sunyani (which is a direct loss) and we're not provided any assistance. Due to them, I lost about $10,000 and my meetings with my clients in abroad. If my claim will not be paid, I will take them to court.

I took a flight from Entebbe to Ghana on April 25, 2012 via KQ 508 and Naroibi to Accra via KQ 407. But when I reached Accra, I did not see my bag so I filed a complaint at the Lost & Found in Ghana--also at the Kenya Airways' office. Until now, I still have not received any information about my bag, where it should be on priority bases for a traveler other than country resident. My school, college, university, company agreements documents and clothes--along with currency of different nations are inside. My pen drives and other important things are also there. But their staff do not seem to care. They are not taking it seriously and I have not been informed regarding my bag's status to date.

Kenya Airways Company Profile