1.09/5
Based on 97 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Last updated: April 16, 2018

258 Iberia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 16, 2018

WARNING. The worst flying experience of my life, I flew with Iberia from Gatwick to Miami via Madrid. Their onboard customer service is downright offensive with their flight attendants actively hostile to their customers. Unless you speak Spanish of course. Their baggage handling is shocking. They filled our plane with cargo and left passengers bags at Madrid. They obviously have no scruples or regard for providing even a basic standard of service. And forget booking and paying extra to select your seat because if someone pays more guess what you and your partner split up for a 10 hours flight, this was confirmed by checking agent. I would not book another flight with Iberia. They are a disgrace to the industry and should be shut down, never again.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We flew home from Madrid to Miami yesterday. This morning unpacking bag. My two colognes taken out of attaché, Versace cologne and Dior, and brand new Barcelona jerseys taken out of bag... When contacted Iberia we were told to submit claim with police report. Really... I will never fly them again...

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I flew with Iberia on a round trip flight from JFK to Naples Italy with a layover in Madrid. Everything went ok the way out except for an obvious rudeness on the part of most Iberia employees and an extremely close layover in Madrid requiring me to run across that vast airport only to get to the terminal and have no gate information on the flight. In fact gate information was not provided until 30 minutes prior to the flight taking off - which required more running. So fast forward two weeks after a great visit to Italy to see my sister and her kids I board a flight back to JFK with a suitcase with my clothes as well as olive oil, vinegar (made at a vineyard by Mount Vesuvius in Naples), olives, and some really Good provolone cheese.

After another tight transfer in Madrid requiring running I arrive in JFK but my bag doesn't. I check my email and have an email from Iberia saying my bag didn't fly with me and will be transferred to JFK asap. After this the following fiasco occurs: I arrive at the baggage office in JFK and see 15-20 other people from my flight also missing bags. (This says a lot - someone screwed up big time.) After a long wait inform the agent that I am driving back to Ohio the next day. She says that is fine and asks for the nearest airport to me and informs me that they will get it to JFK then transfer it on another flight to Cleveland and it will be delivered to me likely within 24 hours. She also stated I will be able to track it online.

2:30 hours later I have no bag and I check the link provided with my case to check my bag and find no updates. I make approximately 10-12 phone calls to Iberia and nobody is able to tell me where the bag is. They say they have to send "internal communications" to the airports involved in the transfer and wait 24 hours for a response. During this entire process I was treated rudely, uncaring, and hung up on 4 times. They also refused to transfer me to a supervisor - first saying they didn't have one then saying it was their policy to not give customers direct access to their supervisor.

During this process all I get is the information of the flights the bag was scheduled to be on but nobody can tell me that an airline. Agent confirmed that the bag made it on the plane and again "you just have to wait until the airports involved get back to us with confirmation." After being fed up with this I decide to drive to the Cleveland airport and speak with the American Airlines baggage desk who is supposed to be receiving the bag. After speaking with the very friendly agent there who at first says he can't find the bag tracked in the system and that I have to keep trying with Iberia. However after hearing my tale of woe continues very professionally to try to help me.

After determining they added an expedite tag number to the bag that was being used to track it all along in their "world tracer" system (why Iberia didn't know this all along is beyond me) he was able to tell me that JFK was late in getting the bag out (not surprising for an airport that big) and that it was boarded on a flight this morning that just landed in Cleveland and would be unloaded onto the baggage claim right outside the baggage office door in about 30 minutes. So 45 minutes later (after profusely thanking the competent, friendly and professional staff the at the AA baggage office) I head home with my suitcase with all the olive oil and vinegar etc intact and ok.

Bottom line this spoiled my experience with Iberia and it will be my first and only flight with them. However it redeemed American Airlines as well after they broke a wheel off of my suitcase a few years back and didn't replace it because they "don't cover wheels and handles." I am ok with that as long as you can keep track of my bag and treat me like a human being. Which they proved they can do both.

Original review: March 15, 2018 After dealing for 2 days with 2 different agents, who were helpful Avik and Nausha. I got the agent Anirudh on third day, who gave such a hard time to me.

Anirudh didn't have any phone etiquettes, the information he was giving was completely different from what the other 2 agents gave, and his claim was that the other 2 agents gave wrong information. Well, if he felt he was right then definitely the other 2 agents were wrong as per him. When I said as he can't help him to transfer to the agent I spoke with yesterday, he coldly said he is not available and when is sched for some other agent who can help with the passenger's situation here and who can show some compassion, but he said to hang up and call back. When called back, Guess what, got him again. And he says he is the only one working.

Is this some kind of joke. Then why would he ask me to call back. Out of frustration when I said why the hell he asked me to call back, he was giving me etiquette lessons by saying, "see now you are saying what the hell". It's very disappointing how Aniruddh, showed least empathy towards passenger's situation and is simply asking to refund the ticket and offer refund before departure, when pax has actually booked tickets to go to a wedding. First rule of customer service is empathy. Try to put yourself in passenger's shoes and try and understand the situation they are in, because of the airline schedule change. Based on the service received from Iberia agent Anirrudh, I have doubts offering Iberia to our customers in future. Very disappointed.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2018

It has been many years I did not book with Iberia after disastrous experiences with their little sis Vueling. I have been flying with EasyJet and Air Canada, Norwegian for the last 7 years or so. Before that, 25 years flying. Today I finally gave up and booked a flight from Mallorca where I used to live as a resident for 3 years until I lived there half the year. Between Canada, UK, Mallorca, Belgium, France, Punta Cana I daresay I never had a single problem entering the outbound inbound countries. I can make the difference between Madrid and Palma and Gatwick and Bristol and Brussels. I speak 5 languages.

Well I booked my flight. 121 Euros. Mallorca. Brussels with the usual stop in Barcelona or Madrid. Guess what? The confirmation email came. I was supposed to be in Madrid instead of Mallorca. Because Iberia decided so. Because They have schemed a Crap website where you can enter the data. But oh Sesame the data is miraculously converted in Iberia Currency. So I entered Palma like a thousand times for many years but Iberia website manages to glitch data. I tried to change the flight. No way. The site is a trip to Dante's Inferno. You end up exactly case 0. As I need to be in Brussels in March and best rates are gone, I had to book with the impeccable Norwegian Airlines. With a stop in Danemark. Never was there ever. I took the risk to lose a ticket should I wake up completely depressed. It happens more and more. Europe is turning into a Albanian Macedonian trap.

In total, I will survive. I just know I lost 121 euros because the dishonesty is such you can't cancel the flight but in eDreams. I never booked with eDreams or TripAdvisor. I do go directly to the right place. Iberia is Iberia. Do not fly with these modern Thieves. Do not fly with Vueling. Fly with serious companies. So far, Norwegian and Easyjet never failed me. Air Europa can be ok but do not rely on their crap website. Call them. Buy at airport. I will contact Iberia. If they do not refund me, I will write the most impertinent review ever written. I had enough of the Spanish Pains in the **. Spaniards are the new European Chinese. Same flag. Same frame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

If there were a minus 1 trillion stars, this company would deserve it. I travelled with them from London to Lima in December 2017, with a stopover in Madrid. As soon as I arrived in Lima, I was told that my baggage was delayed. They issued me a ticket, saying the baggage would arrive the day after and that I should pick it up from the airport. That would be fine - but the day after would be the only opportunity for me to pick it up in Lima, as I would travel to other places in Peru after that, for 15 days. The day after - I arrived at the airport to find the desk closed, and the Info help desk tried in vain to help us call the number stated in the directory. No answer.

For the next 15 days, I would be making daily phone calls to their helpline. By the way, they only allow you to call the "call centre" but the people here cannot really help you - they don't know what's happening on the ground, neither can they make any decisions regarding your request. I asked them to send my baggage to Cusco where I was - call centre people said "yes, we will leave a message for the airline to do so". But every day I called up the luggage would still be in Lima and the call centre people kept saying "yes we will leave the message...". This went on until my final day when I was in Lima to fly out of Peru and there, I picked up the luggage myself (after a very convoluted process at the airport in itself).

Needless to say, I made a claim to Iberia for delayed baggage compensation. They issued only half the amount of what their policy says I should be entitled to, and despite my question as to why, they informed me that the case was closed without giving any reasons. Now in order for me to make a claim through my travel insurer for the additional expenses I incurred, I would need a letter from Iberia stating simply the date they returned the luggage to me and the final amount they compensated me. But despite me sending several emails to the helpline email address requesting this, they refuse to give me that letter. This effectively prevents me from making a claim to my insurer to cover the costs incurred by me as a result of this airline's **. The worst airline ever who does not give a ** about their customers.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

Last July I was invited by my sister to join her in Italy. It was the first time we were to meet for 13 years! Outbound was a nightmare with the plane delayed, on arrival in Madrid I asked where the gate was for my connection and was sent in completely the wrong direction - I suspect on purpose - by Iberia staff on our arrival gate. After a lung bursting jog (I am 67 but fit) I made the plane. My luggage did not - after a very stressful time. The lady (actually quite pleasant) behind the desk said my bags would be delivered to my Rome hotel the next day.

No good for me as I then left Rome to meet my sister in Tuscany - in the clothes I stood up in. On my return to Rome my bag was there. Then on the return flight I was horrified to see that three teenage girls (friends of crew?) had been allowed in the cockpit during the flight. This was reported to the CEO with no action. Again in Madrid the connecting gate was a mile away and again I only just made the flight. NEVER AGAIN - A HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE which soured my reunion with my dear sister.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

On a trip to Spain in October 2017, on a short connection on Iberia from Madrid to Barcelona, our 2 bags were "lost" for 4 DAYS! Very poor service at Lost Baggage "service" counter. One attendant, Felix, was downright rude. We were told what to provide to get compensation but website is horrible about responding and ask for same things repetitively and now I am being ignored. I will never fly Iberia again and see from other complaints that indeed they truly don't care about customers.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

Stay away from IBERIA especially if you're a senior citizen. My mother, who turns 85 this year, suffers from arthritis, impaired hearing and other ills of age, had the bad luck to fly with this company to visit my brother last month. She went business and that’s precisely what she got. She paid for assisted mobility, meaning a wheelchair, but when we got to the check-in, there was none. I walked up to the shift manager, got a blank stare and was dismissed. Luckily, one of the counter attendants not an Iberia employee but rather a local handling agent rep took it upon himself to get up and hunt down a chair for us. They took her to the Business lounge and left her there. When boarding time came around, not a chair or rep in sight. Again, luckily, the attendant at the lounge volunteered to help my mother along as they walked to the gate the attendant holding her bag.

Of course, the attendant couldn't accompany her into the jetway from the gate to the plane, which was quite a long one. My mother told the Iberia people at the gate she wouldn't be able to walk all the way in holding her walking stick and bag. She had already walked the entire distance (not short even for a non-octogenarian). Once again, one of the attendants volunteered the same as before and (I stress) not an Iberia employee to help her walk into the plane. But at that point, the shift manager I mentioned before went ballistic. She stopped the poor kid, grabbed my mother’s bag, tossed it halfway back up the jetway and screamed that she would prevent mother (who must be all of 5 3, thin, retiring and prone to shaking like a leaf when attacked) from boarding since she endangers the flight.

By now, my mother was in tears and the flight attendant drawn by the noise looked out and took refuge in the cockpit. My mother decided to take a stand and continue on her way. At that point the flight attendant came back out and informed the shift manager that the pilot demands that my mother be allowed onto the plane. Once aboard, both the pilot and the flight attendant swore they would report the matter to management. But things didn't end there. Upon arriving in Madrid, my mother and 5 other wheel-chair bound passengers were simply left to fend for themselves, sitting around, waiting for help. One of them actually missed her connection.

My mother's connection, thank god, was with American Airlines. However, one of her suitcases came late. It had been delayed for security reasons. We have since received apologies from American Airlines, through whom the flight had been booked, and British Airways, which handles Iberia in Israel. A month or more has gone by and not a word from Iberia.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We bought tickets of IBERIA to a flight from Granada to Madrid at 13:30. When we arrived at 11:00 they told us we should wait at the waiting list, After we ask why they admit they did overbooking. There was not free sit on the plane and we had to wait 4 hours to the next flight. Meanwhile they gave us voucher of compensation and told us that we will get the money at MADRID airport.

When we arrived MADRID at the customer service of IBERIA was a long line of passenger. Although we were very tired we joined the line, we were waiting there for 2 1/2 hours and when we arrived the clerk he took the voucher and check at the computer and said that it's written that they paid us already at GRANADA. We couldn't believe that lie. It was crazy. After my husband was furious the clerk call the manager and she said someone at GRANADA possibly did a mistake and she tried call GRANADA but they didn't answer at 21:00. We explain that we are flying the next morning out of the country So she took our email and promise to try found out what happen. IBERIA didn't call us the next morning. It was exhausting experience and we lost the few hours that we have planned at MADRID it felt Kafkaesque.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We will never ever use Iberia Airlines again, and want to make sure everybody are informed of the worst experience on our recent trip. Various people were affected by this. We depart in South AFrica to our Croatia trip, when arriving at Madrid the nightmare started. 11 of us were affected, 4 South Africans, 7 from America New York, the airlines have changed the terminal of departure without notifying people. When we enquired about the terminal, we were send to Customs for the third round. The Customs people were the rudest I've ever experienced. Afterwards we all went to the desk at Madrid Iberia on the upper level, the ladies were very unhelpful but send us all back again to U57 for departure. The same wrong place, all ran up to the top level again, same story. We ended up at the ground level again. The plane departed, all missed the flight, depart from a total different terminal.

One Iberia assistant tried to help us, we were all booked on Latem to Frankfurt with a connecting flight from Frankfurt to Dubrovnik. We were delayed for 3 hours because of bad weather conditions at Frankfurt, just to miss our next connecting flight to Dubrovnik. Arriving at Frankfurt, 2 of us, my name and one lady from New York names could not be found, Latem assistant tried to assist, and eventually we were also allowed with the group to go to the hotel, and booked by Latem through Lufthansa to depart the next day to Dubrovnik. When arriving at Frankfurt Airport the Monday checked in at Lufthansa, we were not booked in by Latem at all. Only one person of the group was booked. We all had to purchase new tickets just to start our planned holiday in Croatia. We ended at Dubrovnik 3 days late for our planned trip.

Our luggage was almost lost, we found it at Dubrovnik, lost the accommodation which was paid beforehand, as well as the car rental car and deposits. Since we came back from the trip we've contacted the Customer Care division of Iberia telephonically and various emails they "claimed" they refunded at least the additional air ticket, R356 was paid into my bank account, what a joke, the total costs was R11 500!!

NEVER EVER TAKE IBERIA, RATHER FLY EMIRATES and you will take longer, but actually it won't be longer, because you will arrive on the planned time. Worst airline and no service. A disgrace, we've met more people in Croatia who was reserved on the same flight, they said 25 of them were driven in a cargo from one port to another who also could not found the terminal, they were dropped off just in time for the flight. The poor people from America had to be in Croatia for a wedding, having the groom's wedding ring. They took a train that evening from Frankfurt and another flight from Germany and arrived in Croatia the Sunday morning a hour before the wedding without any sleep for 48 hours.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I was returning from France (on a leg from Madrid to JFK, Flight: IB 6253 on 6/19/2017). My family including 4 young children got assigned by British Air to Iberia for a return flight. We were rerouted to Boston (from New York). We spent an (illegal) 5 hours on the tarmac with the roof of the plane leaking then another hour in the airport as Iberia staff tried to pretend they were invisible. They literally hid for an hour, hoping that enough people would get frustrated and disperse before announcing that they would do nothing to remedy the situation. Even exiting the plane, the captain and crew hid like cowards in the front of the plane while about a dozen marshals in uniform escorted the passengers off.

The only reason I can see for this was that one elderly man was getting a little mouthy. They said that they had no vouchers, transportation, or places to stay. When pressed, they lied (twice) about reimbursing ground transportation that we found. I loaded my exhausted children into a taxi at 2 AM and ran up a $680 taxi fare after Iberia shirked responsibility. When I called the next day, they said that they were not responsible and would not pay. They should be sued and/or have their license to operate in American airports revoked. Iberia Airlines is a poorly run, INCOMPETENT LAZY AND DISHONEST COMPANY!!! Do not fly with them and refuse any carrier who pawns them off on you, or you may get screwed like I did.

Updated on 01/12/2018: This is a continuation of the complaint about a flight 6 Months ago (see my previous review). Iberia told me in October (2.5 Months ago) that a payment would go out in 20 days. Approximately 50 days later, I get an email asking for my bank routing. It is from a no-reply address with no contact info, no instructions and containing broken website links.

I call Iberia and use my case number. The operator can't find it. 6 minutes on hold and she says that I have to go back to the Iberia website and enter a NEW COMPLAINT, including the information. I asked specifically "Is there no one there who can help me over the phone?" and was told no. The website is entirely outdated and built to dissuade successful use. There is no help option. You have to scroll through every airport with no type-ahead. If you have an error, it gives no clue to what is causing it. There is no way to resume a claim and the site asks for all sorts of superfluous information that you will have to source to submit the form. For no apparent reason, the website times out your session.

This company not only LIED to me multiple times, but their customer service department has perfected the art of being completely unhelpful. P.S. I recently had a flight with Delta during the Atlanta airport power outage. After this experience, I feared the worst. Instead, Delta was professional and amazingly helpful every step of the way!!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017 Iberia is most likely the least reliable airline in the world. I had another awful experience with delays and cancellations (so bad that It made it in the Press!)

I am trying to file a complaint online and the website said that the complaint cannot be completed because "The Status field cannot be left blank". Well guess what? There is no status field in the application. I call customer service and they told me to use another browser. I did and guess what? It says the same thing. This is so typical of Iberia. By law they are required to provide a way to complain online but you can never complete the complaint. I am not surprised, another Iberia trick. My suggestions is to try to avoid this airline at all costs. They are a real nightmare.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The customer service for this airline is the absolute worst. Rude and unprofessional is the only way I can describe the experience speaking with a customer service agent. Then you have their customer service supervisor... just as rude and unprofessional as their customer service agent... and this is the only speaking with their agents, I cringe to imagine what my flight experience will be with Iberia Airlines when I actually fly with them.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I got a ticket from London to Madrid for the end of May, 2017, which I apply for a refund of my "Avios" and the euros that I paid at the beginning of May, 2017. By phone, they told me that I needed to write a letter and send it to a particular email. Then they changed the procedure at least 4 times. As I am living in London, I asked for the refund to be transferred to an account in UK. First, they told me that the account should be signed by my husband who is the Silver Iberia cardholder. So we send the letter. Then, they told me that I have to sign the letter. So we send the letter again.

After that, they told me that they cannot transfer the money to an account in a currency different than euro. However, the account is in euros. So we send the letter again. Hence, they said that they cannot transfer overseas... So we send the letter again. Again and again. Finally, I gave them a friend's account in Spain but they say that I have to send my friend's DNI copy to check the signature (what signature? My friend was not supposed to sign the letter). And that was so ridiculous that I told them to keep the euros. They always gave another excuse but never a solution. Be careful. Fly with Air Europa, Lan, American Airlines, even a low-cost is better.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I took the opportunity to take up an offer on their website for additional Avios when renting a car from Avis. Firstly their terms and conditions were for a different offer, then the form to book would not work. I rang their customer service to check the offer had worked and after 15 minutes explaining, I was cut off. I called back and was cut off again, and on the third call told I needed to speak with Avis despite it being an offer on Iberia's website.

Needless to say, the points didn't go through so tried to contact Iberia again and went through the 15 minutes explaining to be told there was no offer even though it was on their website. This then prompted my being cut off again. Managers refuse to speak to you and no one takes ownership. Terrible terrible customer service, I hope you never need to call them!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I travelled from Bogota to Casablanca on business fare ($$$) and somehow the airline managed to lose my luggage. They have no support nor provide any help on how to proceed on recovering the luggage. The lost luggage number can only be reached within Spain and their online ticketing does not allow you to track progress. This is a terrible airline with horrible customer service despite fantastic comfort in business class.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

How to recover monetary damages from Iberia Airlines. My experience w/ this airline was a classic "bait & switch" & I ended up paying 300% more than the original price for a 1 way flight from Granada to Bilboa on a "supposed" budget airline. I contacted an attorney and was told British Airlines and Iberia Airlines belong to the "International Airlines Group" that must register in the U.S. w/ the Secretary of State for each state in the U.S. All one needs to do is serve the IAG in each respective capitol of your state. I filed a Small Claims Court suit in the capitol of my state since I can recover damages up to $5,000. I paid a small fee to the court & served the papers w/ a certified letter when I received a court date. I will take the documentation I have & will have my day in court since Iberia will not take responsibility for its actions & British Airlines defers to Iberia. If enough people do this, their business practices will change.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

We booked 4 flights on Iberia to Madrid, Spain but could not obtain assigned seats at the time of booking. After the flights were booked, we went to their website to buy seats, as instructed. We tried and tried for several days to get seats because the 4 of us want to sit together on the flight. The site would not let us book seats! Then we called the Iberia telephone number and most times it continues to rerun their 3 choices. No matter which of the 3 choices you hit on the telephone keypad, it goes back to the original recording. After several calls, we finally reached a person who said they could help us, but just after giving them our credit card number, it disconnects, without ever obtaining seats. This happened 3 different times! Disconnected each time! How does this airline stay in business with such bad customer service?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We took Iberia express to go on holiday from London to Alicante Summer 2016. We bought the tickets early and we got them cheap. They kept changing the flight times prior to our departure date. Also on our return we lost a bag. Now it's over 6 months and not a word from this airline - no email, no phone call, nothing at all and when we call we get nowhere with airline so people think twice before flying with this company as we would never used them again. Third world airlines are better than this Iberia express but just like they say you peanuts you get monkeys.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

For one month they gave me wrong advice about how to proceed and they forced me to get an upgrade (paid upgrade) that I didn't want. No telephone to call no one to help me and answers by email just after my flight. They charged me twice (for the upgrade and for the special seat) and they are not ready to talk to me. By facebook they promised something that didn't happened (I saved everything including all the calls). I lost a lot of time on it, it is a business trip and I have no time to lose in this kind of issues. I don't want this upgrade and I want my seat 10J in this flight. Hope to have a solution for it before the flight and to don't have surprised at the airport. I also sending it by facebook to make sure you will receive and I will receive an answer. Will be waiting for an answer ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Bought a large bag of brown rice 3 weeks ago. Cooked and ate it on a Sunday and my son complained of belly aches that day. Ate it again the Monday we both had intense belly cramps and constipation. His persisted for the whole week and I was called by his school nurse everyday. Skipped a week of eating or cooking any type of rice or greasy foods. Cooked it again this Sunday 12th Nov. and the same thing happened. Intense belly aches, cramps and constipation. I crushed the cooked rice in my hand and realized there was a hard plastic residue remaining. The rice has no smell during and after cooking and the water remained clear. The consistency is that of rice, but does not taste like rice. Burned some raw grains in a pot only for it to not burn, but stay intact, as is. WHY ARE THEY SELLING PLASTIC FOOD FOR US TO CONSUME?! IS DEATH FOR THE MASSES ON THEIR AGENDA?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

On Sept 5, 2016 I purchased a round trip ticket from Iberia. (Rome-Miami-Rome) I flew the first leg which I upgraded from economy to business at the airport paying $484.00 cash. While in Miami, I had to make an emergency business trip to China which meant I would not be able to make my October 17, 2016 return flight Miami to Rome on Iberia.

On September 28, 2016 I began calling the Miami Iberia reservation number (800-772-4642). It was extremely difficult to get thru since as the recording said "all agents are assisting other customers". All probably meant the only one agent on duty. I would hold and listen to the scratchy awful music for up to 27 minutes sometimes. Call after call, I got the same damn recording.

About 3 days later, I got lucky and a real live person answered. I gave my booking number, explained that I needed to change my return flight. The agent then put me on hold while he tried to figure out the change fee on my ticket. After about 15 minutes he came back and said he could not find the change fee amount, so he has to send a request to Spain. They would get back to me in a day or two. On the fourth day I called back and again was tortured with their music on hold endlessly. Finally when I got thru to a live person, I was told they had a reply from Spain. I didn't care what the change fee was, I just needed to move forward. I stated that I did not have a new return date, so was it ok if I called back when I did. The agent said no problem.

On October 1, 2016 I tried to reach Iberia to make the change only to have to be put on hold ENDLESSLY!! I arrived in China on October 8, 2016 and immediately began calling Iberia Miami to confirm my new return date. Finally, on October 13, 2016 I decided to hell with Iberia, I will dispute the charge on my credit card. I called my card company and the lady asked if she can call Iberia to try to resolve my issue in order to avoid the dispute. I said OK. She was able to get Iberia agent on the line in a jiffy. I confirmed my China contact telephone number with Iberia and my card company and I was put on hold. After listening to music for 32 minutes, the call dropped. Since then, no one has called me back to finish this ordeal.

My conclusion is STAY AWAY from IBERIA. If you want to book online, first you must check if they offer changes/cancellation on their site. If not, you will have to make calls and listen to awful music as I did. IBERIA is NOT QUALIFIED to DO BUSINESS in the USA. I hope I can help save one of you out there from the agony I experienced.

Original review: June 20, 2016

Traveling from CHI to Boston to Madrid. Three pieces of luggage were lost. Two were recovered within 3 days, and we are still waiting on the 3rd piece. They NEVER update the information. Iberia reps are impossible to deal with and so rude. They act like it's your fault. There is one flight a day that arrives at 6:30 AM. I checked all day and then started making calls. Only when I called both AA and Iberia did we finally get the first 2 pieces of luggage at 8:30 PM that night. Never in the system did they update that it was coming. If UPS and FedEx can tell you where your package is at all times why can't airlines do the same with luggage. We pay a heck of a lot more for flights than sending packages. #discussedwithairlines

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

On August 16 I booked a flight to Madrid from Pamplona. The flight was to leave Tuesday morning. They checked us all in, gave us a boarding pass and we all went thru security. We waited and waited for the flight to leave. Baggage was put aboard the plane. Hours later the baggage came out, brought to the front on the terminal without an announcement. Buses were brought in and we were bus(ed) to Madrid airport. Now, they will not issue a refund... twice... Once they said my baggage was on the plane... true, but then Iberia took it off. Second go round said that the ticket was non refundable in case of a cancel or no show. I did not cancel, I was there. So a 30 euro bus ride cost me $384.30. This airline is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

My daughter was flying to Madrid from New York (JFK) on 21 August, 2015 to start her college semester. We came to the Iberia's check desk around 4:00 PM, representative could not find her ticket using her passport, said her ticket was cancelled, and told me to go to the Iberia sales office. At sales office, Iberian representative also didn't find her ticket and suggested that she can purchase a new one (at the price over $2,000). We refused and instead found a flight by Royal Air Maroc for 19:30 with a stop at Casablanca. My daughter had no choice but to take that flight.

It turned out that my daughter's flight was the next flight, flying out at 8:55 PM. We came for 5:30 PM flight because I brought a wrong printout. :( Now I'm trying to get a refund for my unused ticket but after a month of messing with me, Iberia just refused to pay without any explanation. Customer service at Iberia is the worst service among all the companies I know. What they did is a plain thievery.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

On the 30th June 2015 flying from San Sebastian Spain having a stop over in Madrid, and of course Iberia had almost an hour Delay. We then just made it on our next flight with the same airline to Rome. Arriving in Rome one of our suitcases never came round the conveyor belt :( After going up to lost and found and speaking with a lady who worked for Iberia, she told us our luggage had been left in Madrid and will be on the next flight to Rome and we would get it the next afternoon. She even gave us the flight number and time it would arrive! So of course we had confidence!

It never showed up! Tried to call them the number that was given was invalid! We were leaving Rome the Next morning, got back to the airport, get there early 5am and of course no one is working in lost and found at that time. We search through what suitcases we could find and there was no sign of the suitcase! We had no option but to get on the flight to Croatia that we had already booked and through Facebook, which was my only point of contact I could tell them we have moved on and give them another address to send the case. This happened for 2 months of traveling. They had no idea where the bag had gone, no phone numbers were working, no sign of the bag, no compensation had been given.

Getting back to Australia, I have made contact through phone a few times, but they keep saying that lost luggage is not their department and they will call me back! They are in Spain and I am in Australia, they will never call me back! I have made claims and sent all claim information by mail and through email! All the emails we have received are no reply emails, and they are very blunt! They still have no idea where the suitcase has gone and they have told us that they have sent a cheque in the mail, that was almost a month ago and we have received nothing! I have sent everything through registered post and been calling and Facebook messaging them as much as I possibly can!

Apparently the cheque they have sent is only worth 700 Aus dollars. If this is the case this does not cover the suitcase and is pretty insulting. I have and will be trying to pursue this and get what we are owed even if according to the 'Montreal's convention' it's not as much as we deserve, they don't deserve to be an airline if this is how they are going to treat their customers from around the world. I have been harassing them and I know they are not enjoying it as they ended up blocking me on Facebook! It's not good enough and the airline should be ashamed of their actions. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle but I will keep on fighting!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Greetings. My experience from (LHR) to (ALC) with a connection at (BCN) was an experience I will never forget. Flight 7453 from (LHR) had a brakes problem so the flight was delayed. I missed my connection to (BCN) Flight 5461, and was put on a flight to (Ibiza) for a connection. The Iberia personnel said the flight was delayed and I am sure to get my connection to (ALC). I argued not to put me on that flight if I was not going to make it, because my research showed there were more flights out of (BCN) to (ALC) but she insisted. After I arrived in Ibiza, the flight had already left. I was very upset. I went to the Iberia desk to figure out what was I supposed to do.

After explaining my position, the personnel showed no interest or concern. They repeated, "the next flight was back to (BCN) is at 840 am in the morning." There happened to be another passenger there with the same problem. After asking to be put up at a hotel for the night, then she started making calls, handed us a slip, and told us take a taxi outside. She told us, "They will know where the hotel is." We both went on a taxi line, which was a 45-minute wait. It is now 1 AM. Once we got there, the man informed us we were at the wrong address because the name was spelled wrong. The man called another taxi for us to take us to the right location.

After arriving at the second location, I tried to get in touch with my family because they had not heard from me in almost twenty-four hours. My phone connector was located in my suitcase but I did not have it in my possession. I borrowed a connector from the hotel and subsequently incurred roaming charges on my cell phone because the hotel has no Wifi. I had no personal items with me, due to me not having my suitcase. The next morning, I called a taxi and headed for the airport, which was one hour away. I was told would be given back my taxi expenses at the airport, but there was no one there to handle the claim.

After arriving at (BCN), I once again inquired about my luggage. Still, there was no explanation for where my luggage ended up and so I was forced to put in a luggage claim. One bag finally arrived on Monday the 27th late in the evening and the other near the end of my trip on Wednesday the 29th. However, I was there for an anniversary celebration and was forced to buy more apparel. I was practically lost, with no personal supplies, and none of my necessary clothing. I am totally shocked by the behavior of the Iberia personnel who did not seem to care very much about their customers satisfaction.

There should be compensation for all the stress and items I had to purchase but it's without a saying there is no amount of compensation that will counteract this dreadful experience. The job is to hand you a slip - no apologies, no interest and give no reasoning to why things are done like this. I travel all over the world with different airlines, never called half an hour before the plane is schedule to leave to board, so the flight never leave on time. So there is always the chance of you missing any connection, only if it is about three hours away.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

I fly frequently out to my holiday home in Mallorca from London. I normally fly with British Airways. Their planes are by far superior to any other airline that goes out there and I don't mind paying a little more for the comfort and civilized manner in which I'm treated. The seats in both economy and business class are both spacious and comfortable. Drinks - including alcohol and a snack or a meal are included. On my recent trip out from London City Airport I was given a full English breakfast. The airline staff are polished and professional. I am a member of their frequent flier program and have access to business lounges, priority check-in and boarding regardless of the cabin I've selected to fly in.

So I question why on British Airways online site where I book my flights, you are given an option to also book a BA coded flight with Iberia Express? My story is this. Yesterday evening 26/09/15 I flew back for the first time with Iberia Express from Palma to London Heathrow. This was the only available flight for me and I naturally expected the flight and service to be of a similar standard to that of BA's. When I boarded the plane I was instantly shocked by the seating. It made Ryan Air look like a luxury airline! The seats were tiny and the cabin looked like it had been designed to cram as many seats in as possible to transport an army of midgets.

The gentleman sitting next to me was 6'7'' and had wanted to fly in business class but had been informed that there were no seats available. His legs, which I've taken a photograph of (this will be sent to BA along with a further complaint) were crushed partly under the seat and partly out in the aisle. In my opinion and others sitting around us this must have breached what must be considered airline safety and also health and safety. This gentleman asked if he could pay to sit in Club Class when it became apparent that there was an available seat but was told by the senior member of staff, "No, we cannot do that".

When I stepped in and argued that that was not acceptable she seemed unable to get her head around the fact that he could not fit into the tiny seat and that he could easily get seriously hurt if the flight encounter turbulence. Her attitude was very trashy and dismissive. Thank you Iberia for employing such intelligent staff. I question how the airline staff would respond in an emergency?

And the other issue I'm seriously annoyed about is that the on-board service was similar to Easyjet. We had to pay for our drinks and snacks??? The plane was both old and filthy. I'm 5'2'' and my head was inches away from the seat in front of me and I was constantly assaulted by a dirty curtain hanging in front of my face which was suppose to divide business class from economy. The business class section looked very basic too.

Finally I'll now argue with British Airways that they should not sell Iberia Express flights on their website. The type of person that books flights with BA expects a good if not excellent level of service and Iberia Express are a basic 'run for the plane', trashy airline staffed and 'who wound up the elastic bands to take off' airline who should not be selling seats via the British Airways online site. I and just about everyone else on last night's flight were disgusted and stunned by such low standards. Needless to say I won't be flying with this airline again!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2015

The background: I had bought a ticket with vy1871 and vy 2268 for 8th September from Copenhagen to Sevilla through the Vueling website. I never received a confirmation by Vueling, even though my credit card account stated the purchase. I called Vueling customer service all times of the day in 4 days and could not get through on single time! The morning of departure I was desperate and called the mother company Iberia. I talked to an agent about my problem. I told her I was booked with Vueling and that it was impossible to get through to their customer service.

The sales agent said she should check my name on the flight since both Iberia and Vueling were operating the same flight. She came back and said I was not on the flight and that I must buy a new ticket. I did, with Iberia for 560 euro plus and insurance. She said that this was the only solution for me to get on the flight. I really was had to be sure I could go that day so I had no choice. I had already paid 250 euro with Vueling for the same flight.

When I came to the airport I found it was Vueling who was operating the check in. No Iberia staff in sight. I told the check in agents about the problem. When they searched their system they could only find the Vueling ticket that I never got confirmation for. They also said they were from another company, not Vueling, just a handling company so they could not do anything about my double booking. The Iberia ticket I just bought did not exist, they said. They gave me a boarding pass for Vueling.

I called the same minute, before departure, to Iberia customer service to tell them about the problem and to cancel the ticket that did not exist and give me back the money. The agent said he should file a report and call me back. He never called back. I called the next day and they promised again to make a report. I have since then contacted Iberia customer offices in Sevilla, Barcelona, Madrid and I have called many times. I have made a written report in paper and on internet. Thus far nothing has happened. I have paid over 900 euro for a ticket to Sevilla one way from Copenhagen. It was the sales agent of Iberia who did the mistake telling me I was not on the flight and forcing me to buy a new ticket!

Iberia Company Information