2. Travel
  3. Airlines

2.7/5 (375 ratings)

About Iberia

Iberia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: July 25, 2021

They told us no changing fee but they charged us $70 each passenger and they call it penalty. We were about 1 hour wait for check in. When we asked for supervisor she came. Said, "Since you complained you have to wait more." We were about to purchase tickets from another airline and leave. Extremely poor service, customer means nothing to them. Tickets cheap but don't worth buying it. Please don't buy ticket from this airline and even they damaged our luggage also. We had to pay extra for luggage and we had to pay for seats also. At the end we pay a lot more.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Iberia has no regard for its customers or for global affairs. After booking flights pre-Covid, they were canceled due to restricted travel. Iberia only offered a voucher, however trying to use this voucher to book new air fare is literally impossible. First, the cost of airfare is now hundreds of dollars more for the same class of service; there are no options near the same price after getting vouchers which have added value of what was paid. Second, at the time of accepting the vouchers they were described as no expiration, but upon receiving the voucher code they do expire for a June 30, 2021 return date. Third, it is impossible to speak to someone to resolve this issue and get flights booked at a reasonable rate. Fourth, navigating the website for air fare is very restrictive and frustrating.

After spending hours trying to speak to someone and rebook through the website, I am convinced that this company is a bad actor and is purposely trying to make a profit off of Covid travel restrictions. Iberia is running a scam where they are holding funds already paid and making it impossible to use those funds by price gauging, and falsely advertising vouchers that in reality are prohibitively restrictive. The only way to use these "Covid Vouchers" is to pay hundreds of dollars more than the voucher value for a lower quality product than what was purchased originally. The icing on the cake is that they keep advertising to me that I have voucher, as if I could actually use them. When I try to apply the voucher or contact the company, I get redirected to the air fare search page. Blatant fraud.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Due COVID-19, my flight is cancelled from Barcelona to NY. They gave me a voucher. But Iberia voucher is very limited for redemption. Like no travel in state of Spain. No low cost of fare. Customer service is very bad. Iberia is a cheap, rip off. They only have 1 time my money and I will never fly with Iberia. Take my voucher and you will lost customers in future.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

They cancelled my booking for no reason and didn't refund. I called them several times, whey keep promising to refund, but nothing's going on. It's been almost 2 months already. Will never book with Iberia again.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2020

I purchased two round trips, from Miami International to Madrid. Our trip was planned to leave on 3-8-2020 and return on the 3-18-2020. Before leaving, the Corona Virus started to have publicity, so I tried to cancel. I was denied. I ended up going, my wife did not, since she feared the epidemic. I purchased a rental car with Avis, and one night stay for two, on the evening prior to our day of our return in Madrid. I lost one airfare there and back, one night stay in Madrid for two. Everything purchased as an Iberia Vacation package. Got to Spain on the 9th, got my car, drove to northern Spain, and three days later had to leave the country, because the US was closing to incoming flights. The last night in Madrid, I had to rebook, and lost that previously paid stay. The rental car for 10 days, became only four days, and Avis did allow me a credit.

I get to Barajas Airport, Terminal 4, get my boarding pass, go thru Customs, all good. Take the train to Terminal 4C, and after going thru the 2nd Bazaar of Stores, had to walk about a 1/2 mile to the end of the west wing to Iberia. Before getting there, Iberia had another security post check-in with their own security personnel. Waited in line, as I was going thru, I commented that this 2nd security post, was 'ridiculous and inconvenience to travelers, everyone is stressed enough'. That idiot, must alerted the CDC in the US, and all of a sudden arriving at Miami, I get visited by a very polite Iberia rep, that tells me that I have been accused of carrying the virus.

I was told that I could not leave the plane, and that after every left, the CDC would be visiting me. But, before anyone was allowed off the plane, here they came, two Border Control Policemen, and a CDC Nurse. She checked my temperature, and escorted me off the plane, like some kind of criminal. Luckily for me, never had to go thru customs, my suitcase was picked up and delivered to me downstairs at Arrivals, about an hour later. One of the Border Patrol Police, confessed to me, that an Iberia Airlines Rep in Madrid, had filed the accusation. Thanks Iberia, never again will I be traveling with your airline.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Updated on 09/16/2020: Hello, I am trying to get some help from you but I am not getting any. Your customer service is not knowledgeable and did not let me speak to a manager or a supervisor to discuss my issue. I spoke with Daneil ** (Employee ID **) and asked to speak to a supervisor. However, because I booked through a 3rd party he responded that he cannot transfer me. I explained that I spoke to the agency and they talked to Iberia regarding my ticket.

For some reason, out of my 2 tickets only 1 remains open to be refunded due to canceled flight. They said that I have to contact Iberia. Daniel stated I have to contact them. I went back and forth trying to get a manager but got nothing. This is really not a good way to treat your customers. Please contact me regarding this issue ASAP. Why are you holding one of my tickets hostage and why did you even separate the tickets? I am also going to contact European Agency that deals with violations.

Original Review: I have purchased my premium tickets to fly to Spain. Due to COVID19 my flight got canceled. Iberia confirmed that I would receive a full refund after 2 month of me trying to get an answer. However, it has been 6 month now and I still don't have the money. I keep trying to reach them but I get a roundabout that I cannot talk to their refunds department.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Simple enough, DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS AIRLINE. One star is not even enough from flight attendants down to customer service. Just simple rude people in an industry that is struggling right now. I was going to travel back in March 2020 to Europe and then the pandemic hit and I had to cancel the flight. A month ago (April 2020) they told me they CAN REFUND the money with no problem but I need to wait a couple of weeks because of the pandemic. Now I'm calling (JUNE 2020) and they said they have denied my petition for my $$ back and the have issued a voucher and then I can use it. I have never requested a voucher and now they'll make me use it. There's no consideration and definitely not good customer service. I wish you the best but I will not travel with you again! Keep your good work www.Iberia.com.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I had a flight from Barcelona to Boston on Mar 30.. But had to get there from Italy. Italy flights were banned from landing in Spain. I got a notice in email from Iberia stating that I had five days to claim a 'voucher' from iberia. Then three days later they CANCELLED THE FLIGHT. No money back.."Oh too bad..you applied for a voucher so no money will be reimbursed." This is against the law by passenger rights. I tried 8 times and waited on the line over 40 minutes. Get only a recorded 'voucher' application message.

They are deceptive thieves. They knew they would cancel the flights and instead push the customer into a trap so as to 'legally' keep your money. Not only that - the 'voucher' is not for the total money paid. They keep the fees!!!! And the dates of available flights are limited and lost after December 30. This company..now owned by LEVEL is deceptive and disrespectful. They will get a bail out from the government and keep your money too. DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS COMPANY. Alitalia on the contrary - refunded all the cost of the flight for this trip. Why should coronavirus flight cancellation victims PAY THE AIRLINES TO CANCEL FLIGHTS? SEEMS TO ME THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I am trying to cancel or postpone my flight due to COVID-19 travel bans. I call the international number for Iberia Airlines and to continue in English I press 1. Then I get a Spanish recording that I do not understand. I then call again and go through to 2 and the customer sevice person is Spanish and does not speak English. She cannot help. There is no email or other contact details. I have sent personal messages on their FB page and get an automatic message to contact their ibot chat. It is only in Spanish. How do we contact Iberia to sort out our travel plans?

Original review: March 6, 2020

I haven't yet traveled with the Iberia airline, (fortunately I think), but without words to describe the very despicable way of treatment by the customer service team, they first sell me an itinerary from USA to Spain, after a month they changed everything without respecting the connections or the schedules that already had. After consulting them to make an arrangement, they replied very rude and without any interest to help me with the situation, on the contrary, they advised me to cancel it 'because they no longer had availability', (I don't understand why, if there was one before), and ensuring total reimbursement.

It's been more than a month and I'm still making continuous calls and long waiting times to hear the same answer, 'it's being processed'! In addition to being a great lack of respect for the client that they sell an itinerary that they don't have, they debit the credit card money in just 24 hours and then take a whole month (or more) to return it, it only shows how little they care about customer needs and satisfaction, it is a pity that it's one of the only options to travel within Spain. I will try not to do business with them ever!

Iberia Company Information