2. Travel
  3. Airlines

2.7/5 (381 ratings)

About Iberia

Iberia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Iberia needed to cancel my flight due to COVID related reasons which was understandable. They did not offer me a cash refund as they are required by EU laws and as all other airlines across the world were providing. When trying to call their customer service line, you are automatically disconnected if you are on hold for any length of time, when I finally got through to someone, I was then transferred to a non-English speaking person to help me and they disconnected from me. Their online help simply rejects requests. I have spent hours trying to get a hold of someone that can help and have got nowhere. I would never book with them again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Impossible to reach. You have to keep on calling till you get an agent. Otherwise it just hangs up and asks you to call again. Can't leave a message or on hold. No email. Can't cancel online etc. Can't believe this is even happening in this day and age! Iberia worst customer service to work with.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2021

This company is the worst. I have been on the phone all day trying to reach someone. The customer service is below one star. If you have a voucher you can never reach someone to apply it. Avoid choosing or booking with this airline. This company and airline is subpar. Avoid the frustration and experience of not being treated as a consumer.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

NEVER IBERIA again. Found our baby stroller back heavily damaged and broken. Terrible customer service! Not transparent about their customer service department structures. I have called them for hours, and most of the time they simply disconnect the call if it gets too difficult for them. Easy fix for then but very concerning for the customer. Nothings really goes well there, I am surprised the flight itself went fine! If the customer service department is the standard for how their business is being managed, it would be a disaster for Iberia. Don’t fly with them, simply pay a little bit more money and fly with a mature, customer centric and friendly airline.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

While boarding a plane to Santorini and despite of having all required Covid related documents, Iberia Express did not let us board the flight. Further, they did not take our bags off the airplane. Since we did not make the flight to Greece, we stayed in Spain without our luggage and had to buy the essentials to last few days. We are back in USA now and still don't have our bags and it's been 5 days. Iberia's customer service is terrible, their luggage tracing system is a complete mess, rude uncaring staff on the phone and in airport unwilling to help. We have medical equipment in the luggage and now it's stranded without any update on when we can get our luggage. Avoid this airline by all means possible!!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2021

Booked flight AGES ago, because of Covid was unable to fly until this year... Finally booked flight to Europe in March, paid for reserved seats in premium economy. Flight was canceled 3 times before I even left the USA... Spent UNTOLD hours on hold to change bookings after they canceled my flights. Finally after getting to Europe and 6 weeks later I'm heading home with my 11 year old, I'm unable to check on online, show up in Lisbon for my flight, check in and check bags through to final destination. At my connection in Barcelona I'm told my seat was SOLD and I'm now screwed and must take the CRAPPIEST economy seats available (my son's seat was broken and wouldn't recline BTW)... Unbelievably BAD!! I was basically told I'm screwed and I'd have to contact Iberia (MORE TIME ON HOLD) and resolve this.... Do yourself a favor, FLY ANOTHER AIRLINE that actually gives a crap about screwing over customers.

Original review: July 25, 2021

They told us no changing fee but they charged us $70 each passenger and they call it penalty. We were about 1 hour wait for check in. When we asked for supervisor she came. Said, "Since you complained you have to wait more." We were about to purchase tickets from another airline and leave. Extremely poor service, customer means nothing to them. Tickets cheap but don't worth buying it. Please don't buy ticket from this airline and even they damaged our luggage also. We had to pay extra for luggage and we had to pay for seats also. At the end we pay a lot more.

Original review: March 20, 2021

Iberia has no regard for its customers or for global affairs. After booking flights pre-Covid, they were canceled due to restricted travel. Iberia only offered a voucher, however trying to use this voucher to book new air fare is literally impossible. First, the cost of airfare is now hundreds of dollars more for the same class of service; there are no options near the same price after getting vouchers which have added value of what was paid. Second, at the time of accepting the vouchers they were described as no expiration, but upon receiving the voucher code they do expire for a June 30, 2021 return date. Third, it is impossible to speak to someone to resolve this issue and get flights booked at a reasonable rate. Fourth, navigating the website for air fare is very restrictive and frustrating.

After spending hours trying to speak to someone and rebook through the website, I am convinced that this company is a bad actor and is purposely trying to make a profit off of Covid travel restrictions. Iberia is running a scam where they are holding funds already paid and making it impossible to use those funds by price gauging, and falsely advertising vouchers that in reality are prohibitively restrictive. The only way to use these "Covid Vouchers" is to pay hundreds of dollars more than the voucher value for a lower quality product than what was purchased originally. The icing on the cake is that they keep advertising to me that I have voucher, as if I could actually use them. When I try to apply the voucher or contact the company, I get redirected to the air fare search page. Blatant fraud.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Due COVID-19, my flight is cancelled from Barcelona to NY. They gave me a voucher. But Iberia voucher is very limited for redemption. Like no travel in state of Spain. No low cost of fare. Customer service is very bad. Iberia is a cheap, rip off. They only have 1 time my money and I will never fly with Iberia. Take my voucher and you will lost customers in future.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2020

They cancelled my booking for no reason and didn't refund. I called them several times, whey keep promising to refund, but nothing's going on. It's been almost 2 months already. Will never book with Iberia again.

Iberia Company Information