3.60/5

Looking for a travel site?

Iberia

Looking for a travel site?

Iberia Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

If I could give this review negative stars, I would do it gladly. There are political disturbances, riots, and fires happening in Barcelona at the moment. I had this vacation planned with 5 other members of my family, my two girls of 6 and 8 years old included, but I will not travel to such place and risk our lives. I contacted the airline to get a credit and use it for another ticket. They rudely said no. The lady even laughed and said there's no way they would do that as if mocking me.

Then I said, "Ok, let me change the tickets to another date". So I gave her the dates and she proceeded to tell me that there would be a $275 penalty for each ticket plus any fare changes. I said, "Ok, check the tickets and see how much more I would have to pay". It turns out that I first checked, on my laptop under their website Iberia.com, on date for January 15 - 20th, 2020 and each ticket was $598.16 per person. But when the Iberia representative checked on their end, the tickets were $867.13. So I had to give them $402.33 more per person which totaled up to $2,413.98 more besides the $4,438.80 that I originally paid. I tried to search other dates and these were actually the "cheaper" ones according to the rep.

I asked them in the nicest way to please make an exception and with their arrogance they said they have never done any exceptions and they wouldn't do it now. We are 6 travelers and they did not attempt to help in any way. I am outraged at this airline and will never travel with them again! A friend of mine booked a flight with AA and he also decided it wasn't safe to go and he was given a credit to use it within a year for another flight. So now I know who will be getting my money when I travel.

I was looking forward to this vacation with my family, but I simply will not put them, and especially my daughters, at risk. We are all American citizens and we could get stranded there or get hurt, but the airline does not care at all about the safety of their travelers. I filed complaints with them online because they do not take complaints over the phone. God forbid they have to do any extra work. I doubt anything will get resolved, but I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Please....use any other airline, stay away from this rude and arrogant people.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2019

Iberia is hands down the worst airline experience I've had in my life. Of the three Iberia flights I took a month ago, all of them arrived late. They also lost my luggage and could seem to care less about it. I haven't gotten a single apology for losing it, let alone an attempt to actually recover my bags. Their customer service numbers are an endless maze which keep you from talking to an actual person. If you do get someone the phone, they are rude and unhelpful. I will never fly Iberia again!

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I have just flown from Madrid to Palma Mallorca and my husband and I have had our bags lost along with at least 20 people from the same flight. When we reported it we weren't given any number to track it with. So when I rang the lost bag department you couldn't get in contact with anyone as no one spoke English and when they did answer they said ring again which we did 10 times until we gave up. I had medical pills that I required urgently and no one would even take our calls. This airline shouldn't be in the air. It is dreadful.

Original review: July 9, 2019

Hello. I am going to tell you about some traumatic experiences I have had with this airline. We, (12 people) had a flight from JFK to Madrid which was around 7 hours. The first flight was fine but after that, it was like we came to chaos. We had to get from Madrid to Croatia. After we landed in Madrid we went to customer services to get our boarding pass confirmed. She crossed out our original gate and wrote in a new one with a "?" at the end. We asked her why she did that, and she gave no response. So all 12 of us 6 parents and 6 kids had a good hour left to spare so we ventured separately. The kids got bored so we went to the gate the parents were still off somewhere. The person at the desk asked "Zagreb?" and we nodded yes.

The man told us to board a bus, and we told him our parents aren't here. He said another bus was coming to get them. We got on the bus and the ride was 15 minutes long. When we got off the bus, we confirmed that another bus was coming to get them. This time they said no. There was a minor with us and legally anyone under the age of 17 who is flying alone on an international flight may be required to produce a signed letter of consent from a parent or responsible adult. The man who brought us there said: "it's okay. It's fine". The other kids were trying to contact the parents saying that we can board or get off. However, our luggage was not going to come back to Madrid and in total, we had 12 bags.

Overall we held up the plane by 30 minutes, which was good enough time to get a bus to take them here. And believe it or not, the gate that was originally written on our boarding pass was the gate we ended up at. So 5 kids and 1 minor had to go to Croatia by themselves. The parents, on the other hand, were left stranded in Madrid and another flight to Croatia wasn't for 3 days. So all in all the parents had spent $6000 on a flight to Frankfurt, then to Budapest, finally, a taxi to Zagreb. THiS WAS INSANE. 100% DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Original review: July 7, 2019

They lost all my luggage, which happens I suppose. But it's irreplaceable and expensive so upsetting. But the fun begins when you try to get help. They have an automated help system which understands nothing. If you do get a person, they will give you a nonexisting number. None of the numbers on the website exist either. The automated form return "Error. Please try again later". Essentially if you want to talk to them forget about it. Makes Ryanair seem user-friendly.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: July 3, 2019

On July 1 2019 I was scheduled for a flight to leave out of Accra at 1040pm. I arrived at the check in at 920 PM. I was standing in line waiting patiently to be check in while the staff was helping other customers. Before I got to the line I was never acknowledged. To the left of me two staff members talking and the other staff members helping other customers. As I finally got to be next I was told it was too late to check in and I said, "How. I standing here waiting patiently to be seen." Then I was told if I pay 600 cedis they would open it up. I told the man, "I'm not paying anything to you. Are you crazy. I was standing here waiting and now I can't get on my flight which is not my fault." The airport in Accra is crooked. Want you pay your way out of everything for their needs.

I tried getting help at the ticket window to get me on my flight I was told they couldn't help me. I would have to called Iberia. Called Iberia. Was on hold for two hours just to hear I was a no show on my flight. I was on the phone holding for two hours straight. I'm stuck with no extra money to book another flight because they refuse to make arrangements and help me get back to the USA. Lesson learned for me most definitely. I'm praying my family come together with the ticket money to get me back home.

Original review: June 30, 2019

First and last time we flight with Iberia, after a missed connection on our Madrid-MIA in Tenerife North due to delays, we were given the run-around to be provided next day accommodations as the only available option. We got rejected three times by hotel buses on Madrid-Barajas passenger pick-up point claiming that our accommodation slip was not valid by Iberia even though it was given by Iberia’s counter representatives. We returned the same three times only to finally given a fourth valid slip after a three hour wait time with a 21 month old baby, unacceptable.

Then, on the next day replacement flight our three purchased seats were not considered as originally assigned on the missed connecting flight. Later, on our return MIA-Madrid, we were given the wrong seats, not the ones we selected months ago when the tickets were purchased. Then on our return flight Madrid-Tenerife South, our baby stroller got irreversible damage. We are a family of three now without a baby stroller due to handling negligence by the Iberia crew. The stroller, brand Cybex and model Mios, was left at the plane's gate H68 as recommended by the air crew in Madrid-Barajas upon boarding. The stroller had a protective cover that did not sustain the maltreatment and handling negligence given by the Iberia crew. The stroller have signs that it was dragged for long distances over rough surfaces or pavement instead of being carried even though it only weights 8.70 kilograms.

Also, just to make matters worst, during the same flight, we were denied of a baby seat belt extension and a baby life-safe vest even though our daughter is 21 months old. The flight attendant claimed that our daughter ticket did not say "baby" or "infant" for the reason why, what kind of responsibility is that? Regardless, now we are without a properly functioning stroller here in Tenerife due to Iberia crew mishandling of our stroller. It is not safe to use by our daughter due to the sustained damage. We have used many other airlines in the past but never received such bad experiences. All families out there, please, stay well away from Iberia’s negligence, save yourself time, headaches and frustrating experiences and most importantly, consider the well-being on your children.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Back in January I purchased 6 tickets to fly NYC - Madrid, received confirmation e-mail, purchased extra baggage but could not get seat assignments. No big deal. We had 6 months until our travel date. Fast forward to 1 week before takeoff, tried to log in and get seat assignments, website tells me to call Iberia CS. After waiting for over 1 hr on hold and then providing booking number to CS he proceeds to tell me that my reservation was cancelled. I immediate looked at my CC app and did not see the credit. CS member tells me that he’s starting an investigation. I told him I need to fly next week, he suggested purchasing new tickets at current price $16,000 for 6 tickets. I hung up and called Delta booking new flights a week out for $7,000. Bottom line and lesson learned. Never book cheap flights without seat assignments, this airline will cancel your reservation if there is a demand for seats. Iberia you will never see a $ from me or my family EVER!

Original review: June 12, 2019

I booked an economy ticket online. I received a receipt with the restrictions of basic economy (no pre-seat assignment). I immediately called the customer service and they would not refund the ticket, despite my calling within minutes of paying. Typically airlines give you 24 hours. I spoke with an agent and a supervisor and they would do nothing to help me. DON'T FLY IBERIA!!

Original review: May 28, 2019

On boarding a flight from Palma Mallorca to Madrid and onto Dublin, the air steward took my duty free shopping bag worth about €200 as she told me I was sitting at an emergency seat. I asked for the back on arriving in Madrid, on a one hour stop-over. Was told I would get it back in Dublin. In Dublin told I should have got it in Madrid. Endless emails and phone calls to Iberia yielded no satisfaction. The website and telephone staff, say "There is nothing we can do." Maybe I should try "lost and found" in Madrid - like I'm passing there every day. Last time I will use them. Was back in Palma a few weeks later and again advised to "visit" lost and found in Madrid. Iberia charged me over €600 for a one way flight - that two weeks later cost me less than €100 (different airline) - even though it was closer to the "season". Date of travel: March 2019.

Iberia Company Information