1.00/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

284 Iberia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I paid 180£ for a ticket from the 1st Jan to come back on the 7th Jan without a checked bag because it would have been more expensive and I didn't have Christmas holidays at work. After quitting my job I called them to see if they could change the flight to fly on the 24th December and they told me it would be an extra cost of 300£. I found a ticket with Brussels Airlines (WITH A CHECKED BAG INCLUDED) for less than 100£ so I didn't fly with Iberia. I called them on the 1st Jan to let them know so they wouldn't cancel my return ticket and they sent me an email confirming the flight back wasn't canceled.

After a couple of hours I got another email saying my flight was canceled. I spent ONE FULL WEEK calling Iberia without being able to speak to the same representative to claim the return ticket since I paid for it. After being told they were going to put a request (which never happened) and try to fix this situation (which never happened) I had to take another flight and pay more so I could come back to work because it is their policy to cancel flights if you don't take the first one. HOW IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED??? If I pay for it, I take it or not, it is MY ticket. INEXCUSABLE.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Five months before our scheduled departure, my husband had a terrible accident and we had to cancel our trip. We followed every rule to submit a claim to get a refund, all in a timely manner, and had purchased insurance, but there were no responses to our claim. Customer service was totally confusing - literally no help. We tried over and over and never received any help. Responses involved passing the buck till you get nowhere. We finally had to give up and just consider it a total loss. I definitely would never fly Iberia again, and would not recommend this miserable experience to anyone.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had the misfortune of purchasing airline tickets on Iberia for myself and my family earlier in 2018 for a flight from Miami to Spain. I made an additional mistake of purchasing the tickets thru Travelocity. Other than for information purposes only, it makes no sense to purchase airline tickets or hotel reservations thru Travelocity instead of going directly to the airline or hotel. Many airlines or hotels will not deal with you directly if you book with Travelocity. So if you have a problem with your itinerary, it becomes a circus act trying to coordinate between both the airlines and the booking site. Well, I needed emergency medical treatment for one month which started the week before my flight on Iberia for July 27th.

I contacted Iberia and Travelocity to allow me to use my tickets at a later date without having to pay a penalty fee. I had paid good money for these tickets, and was not asking for anything more than what I had paid for. After several months of back and forth, their answer was no! A week ago I called Iberia Airlines directly and asked to speak to a supervisor: the supervisor's response was that she did not want to speak with me. I asked for her name and to speak to another supervisor, but I was refused. I was not being rude. I don't think this would have happened with an American airline company. It seems to me that I will only use American airline companies in the future, to avoid this indirect discrimination from foreign airlines such as Iberia. I will also avoid booking flights on sites such as Travelocity.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have booked a round trip with Iberia from NYC to Paris and back. I cannot honor my flight out (have to travel earlier to Europe for family reasons). Now Iberia tells me that they will cancel my flight back, if I do not show up for the outbound trip. I have paid (through Expedia) both ways. What can I do to use my flight back?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I arrived in Madrid, Spain from LAX and unfortunately left my cell phone (Samsung Note 8) inside the flap in front of my seat. I know because I was charging the phone while flying. I gathered my items to leave the plane but forgot to get my cell phone. I went to lost/found to explain my situation immediately upon arrival to airport at Madrid but no sympathy, no running or calling by walkie talkie or other of communication to try to go back to aircraft to retrieve my phone. Instead I waited 4 hours and said nothing was found. I was the last passenger to leave and my friend was my witness, I know the phone was left there and the only people who had access was the cleaning crew. My phone was stolen and never returned.

How can anyone trust this airline to never return personal items left on the aircraft? After so many customer service desks and claims...I ended up filing a police report so a thorough investigation could be made. Imagine this was at the beginning of my vacation. So much for that right? I will never use this airline again! Terrible service!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

We were sold exit row seats and we did not get the seats we paid for. I tried submitting a complaint and they closed it and would not refund my money. The flight crew had no control over the passengers. It is an unsafe airline and violates FAA rules.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

We had a delayed luggage issue at Miami. We arrived on Friday 12 October and didn't got our luggage delivered to the hotel until Sunday 14th October. We had to buy essentials ie. clothes totaling 130 dollars. We were offered £88 which we've declined. We also asked for compensation as our weekend in Miami was wasted. Has anyone had the same problem and what did you get for compensation. I need some advice as to where we go from here.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I was routed to the airline to book after a Skyscanner search turned up the Iberia flights from CVG to Jordan and back from Morocco with overnight layover in Madrid for return flight. Not exactly a bargain fare, but better than alternatives on other airlines. However, another airline would have been cheaper had the seat selection fees been added onto the fare! So the flights were sold to me under false pretenses when comparing my options! Also, in choosing which economy fare to book, I chose regular vs basic economy for the outflight, as the comparison of the two did say seat selection would be extra for basic economy (that was the only advantage) and the price difference seemed worth it since seat selection was "up to $40" (though that was implied to be FOR THE ENTIRE FLIGHT EACH WAY, NOT PER LEG OF THE 3-LEGGED TRIP!).

I did choose basic economy for the return trip as the price difference was greater, so I was willing to pay an extra $40 for each ticket for seat selection. Much to my surprise, in managing my booking, a fee of $18-$37 was being charged for EACH LEG of the trip, on both the outgoing and incoming flights, for regular seats (exit rows are even higher)! The only seats I was able to reserve for free are for the short ORD-CVG flight on AA, but NOT the AA flight out, from CVG-MIA. Seat selection is not even available at a price for that flight. I called Iberia to complain, in hopes they would assign seats for me. When the agent tried to do that for the MIA-MAD flight, the charge was $37 and she apparently couldn't waive the charge though she admitted I had booked an economy flight, not basic economy, and that the only difference between the two is (supposedly) seat selection, which I was being denied!

I asked for a supervisor to call me back last night, which of course never happened, I have now been on hold with them for 20 minutes, no msgs stating how long the hold time is, or anything. Now, in going to Manage My Booking, I see that the entire trip, all 3 legs, outgoing (the one I paid more for, for Economy rather than Basic Economy) now mysteriously says "seat selection unavailable"!! That happened since last night, so now there isn't even an option to pay for them! For the return trip (which I'd booked at Basic Economy, so DID expect to pay for seat selection, but only up to $40 for the entire trip, not 3 separate fees--well, for some reason the short AA flight was reservable for no fee, so it is the 2 Iberia flights now--of up to $37 each!!).

There seems to be no resolution to my complaint, I would have booked the Basic Economy flights the entire way, rather than a higher fare that was described as including seat selection, had I known. Or chosen a different airline, entirely, at a somewhat higher fare!! Presenting these fares side by side in search engines for comparison with higher fares that include seat selection, without an upfront disclosure, is highly deceptive! Does anyone here have any suggestions for possible recourse?

And I am STILL on hold, wondering now whether my number has been coded to never get a response! It is just dead silence, no music, no "continue to hold" or "leave number for callback" messages, NOTHING! I believe my booking, which was confirmed (before I knew about these outrageous extra fees) is nonrefundable, or at least with heavy penalty for refunds + I have already booked an Airbnb in Madrid for the overnight layover there.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Four of us flew from South Africa-Madrid-Barcelona-Madrid-South Africa. The 10 hour flight to and from Madrid was atrocious to say the least. We paid R3,518.00 extra to book our seats! When we arrived at OR Tambo Airport we were given different seats. On our return flights, we were not even seated together! After proving that we had in fact paid extra to be pre-seated, they found us seats in the middle aisle together. These seats were really cramped - absolutely no leg room whatsoever. The cabin crew are extremely rude and unaccommodating. The food on Iberia is dismal and their vegetarian meal is not fit for human consumption! They offer you one refreshment plus tea/coffee per meal on a 10 hour flight! Some advice - pay a little more and fly with a decent airline.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

Domestic flight Madrid to Alicante was cancelled at the departure gate due to 'technical difficulties'. Ground staff were rude and when asked a question (in English) would say 'yes, I'm busy now' and run off! No alternative flight offered that or any other day so a bus was put on, yes a bus to replace a flight - almost 6 hours instead of the 45 or so minutes flying time.

On a European flight 4 days later, Madrid to London Heathrow, which was late, I asked the cabin staff if my messenger bag was okay under the seat across the aisle as I had no seat in front of me, he said no so I went to retrieve it and put it in the overhead lockers but as I did he closed them all in front of me. I and those sat around me looked quizzical but we thought we'd got it wrong so I put the bag back under the seat. When he came back later there was quite a performance at his insistence the bag be placed overhead! I went onto their website this morning to lodge a cancelled flight compensation request but when you pull up the page in English it switches from complaint to compliment! This airline is best avoided.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

I had to cancel a trip because I suddenly had a serious illness - a highly contagious virus. We had booked our trip to Spain on Iberia and a return trip on Air Portugal. Air Portugal was very reasonable. We spoke with customer service, they told us where to write, and we sent a letter from the infectious disease doctor and they gave us a voucher for travel within one year. By contrast, we spent hours on the phone with Iberia - mostly on hold, but then with the most unhelpful and rude staff I have ever encountered. After spending 30 minutes on hold, we were told to call someone else. Another 30 minutes and they gave us an address to write to. That was the wrong address. We were given a number to call. Another address.

After an incredible runaround, they said they will only give a voucher if you are hospitalized. Think about that. They would prefer that someone with a highly contagious disease sit in the seat next to you. Here is a quick challenge for you - Go on the Iberia website and try to figure out how to contact Iberia's customer service. You can't and that is by design. As long as I live I would never, ever, ever fly Iberia. They are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

As a daughter of immigrants and as an immigrant myself now, I have been flying almost all my life. This is my first time with Iberia and I am actually sad to say this is by far the worse experience. The plane is actually really nice, the food was decent but the staff is absolutely awful. I have never felt mistreated by any airline up until today. It is very upsetting how rude and mean the staff was at the airport (Madrid) and also in the plane. Starting by staff not wanting to speak in English (my flight was to Miami, USA), getting pulled aside twice during the boarding process by the same people and without any explanation regarding the matter, getting pushed up the plane by staff with a food cart without saying a word to me. I am so disappointed and feel so upset that I am actually writing this review from the plane (that has free wifi, how awesome! Not being sarcastic btw) with my hands full of soap since the water in the bathroom doesn’t work.

Please talk to your staff. I have traveled in worse planes, with less space and less comfortable but I would 100% go back to that due to their customer service being so much better. Also, very poor organization to the point where my boarding pass did not have the same flight number or time. I only got to the right terminal and gate because there was only one flight going to Miami. Terrible! I am not one to write reviews but for the first time I could not just keep it to myself. And I am sorry, but I can definitely not recommend this airline to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2018

I purchased premium economy seating due to being 6’7”. When I checked to see about the seats that I had chosen, it didn’t have any assigned. I called to find out and even though I had paid for “premium economy”, that class was not even offered. They chose nothing to do and did not refund my money.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

My family and I flew with Iberia in July on a connecting flight from Catania airport to Madrid Spain. Our flight was missed due to Iberia not having enough buses to transport the passengers to the actual aircraft. My entire family lost a days work due to this and Iberia will NOT compensate us as stated on their website.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Only positive thing I can say about this airline is that both of my flights and connect was on time, even though terminal locations were all off (did not land where it stated it will go in to and from Europe). Other than that, where do I start?! THE WORST customer service EVER, incredibly rude, illiterate, possibly drugged up flight attendants will straight up run into you with hot pot of coffee, kick you with an elbow, ignore you etc. I had one pour coffee and remove tray fast enough to spill it and not even look back. Unheard of! The scariest thing was safety issue, I literally had to ask flight attendant to lock the overhead luggage area because we were taking off, her response was, "Oh you want me to close it?" with a bad attitude.

No control over their rowdy passengers, they walk up and down plane whole time, gather all over the plane and hang over other passengers trying to get some rest, leaning over their seats, speak loud for hours, grabbing on to anything and everything around them, no respect for people, it's absolutely savage! Not ONE attendant in sight while this is going on. Turbulence came, it was pretty rough, seat belt sign never come on, not one passenger stopped talking or went to their seat, stuff was flying everywhere. Extremely loud passengers, no one checking them, no service, you ask for assistance, no answer, attendants are very aggressive if you go in the back and ask for any type of help with this! Plane is also dirty, captain doesn't speak a word of English even when he's speaking it, announcements were low and no one could understand what he was saying or try to say.

Also they will advertise wrong terminal (on your boarding pass as well as online) so be VERY careful to triple check when you land from USA to Madrid cuz info desk there WILL be empty and you might get stuck... There needs to be an undercover federal agent on one of these flights, I do not even understand how USA does business with them??? Seriously dangerous and sloppy ** airline, no diligence, serious danger. Do NOT even consider them!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

Hello! Your subsidiary company VUELING told me to send the official request about my lost passport and phone on board Ibiza-Barcelona which was 13.08.2018. 4 days left, and I'm still have no answer about my things!!! 4 days I'm still waiting the response, I tried to сall but still don't have any answer from Vueling and Iberia!!! Provide me where can I get back my passport and phone pls!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

If given the opportunity I would award Iberia Airlines ZERO stars for their service and performance. I took advantage of their 9,000 Avios points promotion in June 2018. It seems that after Iberia released this promotion, they realized they had made a mistake and are now holding the Avios points I paid for hostage claiming they need to "verify" my identification and booking documentation. They have released a third of my points at this time, but not the remainder, which tells me this is a just a game they are playing. If a third of my points were able to be verified and released, all of my points should be released. I adhered to the guidelines of the purchasing rules for the promotion and the company has received payment for my tickets purchased, so it seems to me that Iberia is stealing from me by withholding my Avios points.

I have tried to contact customer service by e-mail and phone. When calling, either the calls are not connected, or they are disconnected far more often than actually being able to complete a call with a customer service representative. The actual representatives have ZERO personality or compassion and speak as if they are preprogrammed robots. They also apparently do not have supervisors with which to speak... quite interesting. When e-mailing, which is recommended as the only way to remedy the situation when calling, the response time lapses for days and is also lacking any form of human undertone. Each e-mail response appears computer generated, impersonal and does not address the issue mentioned in my original e-mail. I have truly never experienced such dissatisfaction when dealing with a company. It amazes me that they are still in business.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I made reservations for a flight from LAX to Madrid on AA. The itinerary told me to contact Iberia Airlines for seat assignments which I did. I wanted to make sure I was in the front of the plane. Now today looking at my online itinerary I am in the last seat on the plane. I called and paid for a seat in the front of the plane. I tried to file a complaint to Iberia online but was not able to because I didn't have an Iberia Locator number. When I called back to find out how I could file a complaint I was told I couldn't do it online because I made the reservations through AA. I was then told my original seat was given away because I never paid for it. I was never told it was a chargeable seat or asked for my credit card number, I would have been willing to pay. The customer service person kept telling me I had recourse because reservations were made through AA even though Iberia had given me my original seat assignments.

Original review: July 11, 2018

It is not possible to file a claim. The site to file claims https://www.iberia.com/us/customer-relations/ does not work. I tried many times to enter my claim (each time it takes long time to do that) and there is always a message 'Erroneous data'.

Original review: July 9, 2018

They lost my daughter's bag, two days later no bag. We were told Courier has and will deliver. 12 Hours later, after the said delivery time. Still not here and you cannot get anyone on the phone. They truly don't care. I would never fly this airline nor recommend them. They are a complete joke and disgrace.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Where to even begin with Iberia. Unfortunately for me I have to fly them all the time as I am based in Spain for work. I have many horror stories...I even had one flight from Shanghai to Madrid several months ago with NO DRINKING WATER AFTER HOUR FOUR OF THE FLIGHT. I imagine this is against the law. There was also the time that friend of mine was denied entry onboard an overbooked flight via Madrid to Hong Kong. As we were on the same flight and had plans to fly the day after arrival to Thailand, we were looking at an entire vacation getting ruined for absolutely no reason, as the ticket had been fully paid for and no justification was given for their denial to give a boarding pass (nor would they tell us if there was any chance to get out on a subsequent flight).

At the last possible second before closing the doors - after I was hysterical that we needed to know something about how to connect at our destination as they were threatening to cancel my ticket if I wouldn't get on board without any knowledge of what they were doing with his ticket - they mysteriously let him on the flight. More recently, I had two bags lost for a total of five days on the way back to Spain from a trip to Bali via Hong Kong.

I had important work meetings and was without all of my clothing bought specifically - and not cheaply, as I work in fashion - for the meetings. When I tried to call Iberia to get information about my bags, the first "customer service" operator hung up on me. Following this – for the next few days – I called the luggage phone number AND the Iberia plus number (I am a platinum member, which apparently means nothing) multiple times a day. I was told that my bags "had arrived, and been handed off to the luggage delivery service," but not a single person I spoke to was able to contact the delivery service to ask why it had taken so long to deliver the bags; nor were they able to let the delivery service know that I work all day and cannot simply wait around my house with no notice as to what day/time my bags were arriving.

My friend, who was flying with me and whose bags were lost as well, finally reached an Iberia representative 100 phone calls later who was able to give her not one but three different possible delivery phone numbers. We tried calling and texting all of them and had several wrong numbers before finally someone picked up with knowledge of the matter. I got on the phone after her to arrange my bag drop off time as I knew they would not proactively reach out to me, and the man said that no, he could not come drop the bags to us after 6 pm because he would, "be asleep by then."

I was forced to have him drop the bags at the café below my friend´s apartment (10 min away from my apartment), go to the café, and then pay to take a taxi myself with my bags to my own apartment. I fly with Iberia all the time - as the company I work for sends me on flights that, when coupled with my vacation flights, probably amount to 20,000 - 30,000 Euros per year, and it´s no joke that they have lost my bags about 10-15 times to and from long-haul destinations. That alone is intolerable. Not to mention waiting 5 days to receive luggage and being told that it cannot be delivered after normal office hours (which has never usually been a problem).

When I made a phone call to inquire about the discourse for claiming lost luggage compensation, I was told that I had to submit receipts for "basic items" and would be compensated 50 Euros per bag per day the luggage is lost. NOT SO for any other airline in the world, which compensates with a 100 Euro or Pound gift card upon arrival at the luggage claim desk, no questions asked.

I dug for my receipts, submitted them and of course, true to form, when Iberia called me back (one month later!) I was told that they were not sufficient and that I needed to contact the stores to request INVOICES with tax IDs for all purchases made that would then have to be submitted to a review process before possible compensation. When I asked to speak with a manager, I was told, "they are in a meeting." Riiight.

This airline continues to surprise me with new lows in customer service, as well as flight quality. As a baseline, for any product or service I purchase with money, I expect to be treated as a customer. With Iberia, there's no guarantee that I will even be treated like a human. More than happy to file a class action and pursue legal discourse, please write back to this post if you have had similar treatment.

Original review: July 2, 2018

This past spring I booked a roundtrip flight for 4 people from Madrid to Tenerife on Iberia Express on one reservation. Two of the four of us were elderly so I purchased the additional travel cancellation insurance that Iberia offered through their reservation system. Unfortunately, my 85 year old mother injured her right eye and developed a horrible fungus infection that was eyesight limiting, and that needed treatment almost on a daily basis. Because of this she could no longer travel, which also impacted the rest of us that were traveling with her (my dad, family friend, and myself).

When I used the travel cancellation insurance, I was told that we would only be reimbursed for the person who was injured or sick; they stated that their insurance would not cover the balance of the 3 tickets on the reservation because theoretically they could travel. This was unbelievable to us. My father & I were not going to leave my mother alone with her diseased eye for 2 weeks, and our family friend had no interest in traveling alone out of the country. We believe it was unreasonable for the insurance to deny our claim.

I reached out to Iberia Airlines customer service chief director with two separate emails on the situation and he did not even reply to my email. My concern is that you would think that an airline the size of Iberia would have a good travel cancellation insurance policy, but that is not the case. We are very disappointed with Iberia customer service, their lack of reply to our situation and their lack of assistance with the insurance carrier that they represent. Buyer Beware!

Original review: June 13, 2018

Iberia overbooked the flight by 5 people. As such we were denied boarding. Staff were very unhelpful saying "we may get on a flight the next day". We declined, and caught a different flight with another carrier. I subsequently contacted Iberia for a refund for my ticket, and each time they say "head office will contact you". I have been waiting 4 months - still no answer. Would avoid this carrier at all costs.

Original review: June 1, 2018

I purchased my ticket through American Airlines and it was operated by Iberia. Iberia charged for 4 seats when it was suppose to be 1 seat. I emailed and never got a response, I called on May 1, 2018 and I had my bank rep on the other line and Iberia told us with 24-70 hours. Following Wednesday, I never got my refund. I called Iberia again and same thing, this time Iberia rep wanted my card number that was used, provided it and still wasn’t enough. She told me I need to go to Iberia.com and file a complaint, along with proof of purchase. Now it’s June 1, 2018 and I still haven’t got my money.

Original review: May 19, 2018

5 months and still waiting for a baggage claim to be resolved, the case arrived totally destroyed and contents emptied into a polythene bag, items missing, staff rude and have been ignored, seems like IBERIA do not want to pay any claims at all. Where else can we take our complaint?

Original review: May 7, 2018

Iberia breaks EU laws and will try every trick to avoid the compensation they are legally required to under EU Law. IBERIA Airlines flight was late to Madrid, then Iberia cancelled the next leg of our flight even though we were all in line waiting for it. Only to make us wait 24 hrs for another flight. After months of emails to Iberia they still will not meet their obligations under EU laws to compensate their clients.

Original review: April 16, 2018

WARNING. The worst flying experience of my life, I flew with Iberia from Gatwick to Miami via Madrid. Their onboard customer service is downright offensive with their flight attendants actively hostile to their customers. Unless you speak Spanish of course. Their baggage handling is shocking. They filled our plane with cargo and left passengers bags at Madrid. They obviously have no scruples or regard for providing even a basic standard of service. And forget booking and paying extra to select your seat because if someone pays more guess what you and your partner split up for a 10 hours flight, this was confirmed by checking agent. I would not book another flight with Iberia. They are a disgrace to the industry and should be shut down, never again.

Original review: April 4, 2018

We flew home from Madrid to Miami yesterday. This morning unpacking bag. My two colognes taken out of attaché, Versace cologne and Dior, and brand new Barcelona jerseys taken out of bag... When contacted Iberia we were told to submit claim with police report. Really... I will never fly them again...

Original review: March 31, 2018

I flew with Iberia on a round trip flight from JFK to Naples Italy with a layover in Madrid. Everything went ok the way out except for an obvious rudeness on the part of most Iberia employees and an extremely close layover in Madrid requiring me to run across that vast airport only to get to the terminal and have no gate information on the flight. In fact gate information was not provided until 30 minutes prior to the flight taking off - which required more running. So fast forward two weeks after a great visit to Italy to see my sister and her kids I board a flight back to JFK with a suitcase with my clothes as well as olive oil, vinegar (made at a vineyard by Mount Vesuvius in Naples), olives, and some really Good provolone cheese.

After another tight transfer in Madrid requiring running I arrive in JFK but my bag doesn't. I check my email and have an email from Iberia saying my bag didn't fly with me and will be transferred to JFK asap. After this the following fiasco occurs: I arrive at the baggage office in JFK and see 15-20 other people from my flight also missing bags. (This says a lot - someone screwed up big time.) After a long wait inform the agent that I am driving back to Ohio the next day. She says that is fine and asks for the nearest airport to me and informs me that they will get it to JFK then transfer it on another flight to Cleveland and it will be delivered to me likely within 24 hours. She also stated I will be able to track it online.

2:30 hours later I have no bag and I check the link provided with my case to check my bag and find no updates. I make approximately 10-12 phone calls to Iberia and nobody is able to tell me where the bag is. They say they have to send "internal communications" to the airports involved in the transfer and wait 24 hours for a response. During this entire process I was treated rudely, uncaring, and hung up on 4 times. They also refused to transfer me to a supervisor - first saying they didn't have one then saying it was their policy to not give customers direct access to their supervisor.

During this process all I get is the information of the flights the bag was scheduled to be on but nobody can tell me that an airline. Agent confirmed that the bag made it on the plane and again "you just have to wait until the airports involved get back to us with confirmation." After being fed up with this I decide to drive to the Cleveland airport and speak with the American Airlines baggage desk who is supposed to be receiving the bag. After speaking with the very friendly agent there who at first says he can't find the bag tracked in the system and that I have to keep trying with Iberia. However after hearing my tale of woe continues very professionally to try to help me.

After determining they added an expedite tag number to the bag that was being used to track it all along in their "world tracer" system (why Iberia didn't know this all along is beyond me) he was able to tell me that JFK was late in getting the bag out (not surprising for an airport that big) and that it was boarded on a flight this morning that just landed in Cleveland and would be unloaded onto the baggage claim right outside the baggage office door in about 30 minutes. So 45 minutes later (after profusely thanking the competent, friendly and professional staff the at the AA baggage office) I head home with my suitcase with all the olive oil and vinegar etc intact and ok.

Bottom line this spoiled my experience with Iberia and it will be my first and only flight with them. However it redeemed American Airlines as well after they broke a wheel off of my suitcase a few years back and didn't replace it because they "don't cover wheels and handles." I am ok with that as long as you can keep track of my bag and treat me like a human being. Which they proved they can do both.

Original review: March 15, 2018

After dealing for 2 days with 2 different agents, who were helpful Avik and Nausha. I got the agent Anirudh on third day, who gave such a hard time to me.

Anirudh didn't have any phone etiquettes, the information he was giving was completely different from what the other 2 agents gave, and his claim was that the other 2 agents gave wrong information. Well, if he felt he was right then definitely the other 2 agents were wrong as per him. When I said as he can't help him to transfer to the agent I spoke with yesterday, he coldly said he is not available and when is sched for some other agent who can help with the passenger's situation here and who can show some compassion, but he said to hang up and call back. When called back, Guess what, got him again. And he says he is the only one working.

Is this some kind of joke. Then why would he ask me to call back. Out of frustration when I said why the hell he asked me to call back, he was giving me etiquette lessons by saying, "see now you are saying what the hell". It's very disappointing how Aniruddh, showed least empathy towards passenger's situation and is simply asking to refund the ticket and offer refund before departure, when pax has actually booked tickets to go to a wedding. First rule of customer service is empathy. Try to put yourself in passenger's shoes and try and understand the situation they are in, because of the airline schedule change. Based on the service received from Iberia agent Anirrudh, I have doubts offering Iberia to our customers in future. Very disappointed.

Iberia Company Information