2.6/5 (389 ratings)

About Iberia

Iberia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: April 21, 2022

After our initial flight was cancelled due to COVID, we were issued a refund as a travel voucher that was supposed to be valid for a year (through Sept 2022). After spending OVER TEN HOURS on the phone with the company (and 3 months going back and forth), we were never able to get the voucher to be activated, even though it had been less than 6 months since our initial cancelled flight. They continuously sent us from one customer service rep to another, each time telling us that this had been resolved, when in fact it had not. Why even offer a voucher if you are not going to allow us to use it!?!? It was very frustrating to waste so much time trying to get our voucher activated and that even after all that time were unable to do so. We found them horribly unprofessional and will never buy another Iberia flight again! We highly recommend staying away.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Our trip was from Chicago to Madrid and then to Barcelona. They canceled the Madrid to Barcelona leg and did not offer an alternative. I called customer service; they suggested full refund for the trip because our dates were not flexible. I received email confirming the refund ($29.61 to credit card and $1003 Cash per passenger). My credit card was credited 2X $29.61, and I kept waiting for the rest of the refund for 6 weeks, to no avail. I called and they said case was closed! And asked that I submit a complaint online. I issued a complaint and provided their own documents showing they still owe me 2X $1003. A week later they emailed me to tell me that they credited me back on my credit card, which is not true! I was given the runaround. They stole my money. Iberia, Never again.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I was flying in a business class and the service was one of the worst of all of my other business class flights. Flight attendants, check in agents and gate agents are barely speaking English on this international flight. They are extremely cold, unfriendly and disinterested in their customer service in general. They do not take any care of the customers.

In flight experience was very bad as well. Flight attendants barely communicated with me throughout, and never took any effort to please me and give proper business class service. I never received the drink I requested and once they served the main course, they never cared to ask if we needed anything else and they would just pass by so quickly that I didn't get a chance to catch them. There was no eye contact or smile either. Their service was below airline customs, below average across the industry. This was not my first flight with Iberia, but for sure will be the last one.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Over Covid times when airlines couldn't flight I bought a Voucher to use within a year. When I try to use it over the last month was invalid and had expired after 11 months. I complained asking for an extension and they told me they couldn't do it, because the voucher was valid for a year! And that´s precisely why I was complaining, because didn't last for 12 months, I feel they have stolen my money, I would like to use the voucher that I paid for!

Original review: March 5, 2022

I had a flight for the holidays and unfortunately I got covid so I ended up needing a voucher. I emailed them to inform them and they requested my results, I sent them immediately. When I didn’t hear anything from them I called for my voucher (January), I was supposed to take 24to 48 hours, I got nothing. I called once a week for the first 3 weeks of February and I was always told 24-48 it will be emailed to me, Nothing. February 25th I called, and everyday since… Today is March 5th and I want to book my flight for March 15th and still Nothing… I was on the phone with customer service and they hung up on me when I asked for help expediting my voucher because I want to book my flight… I travel ALL the time all over the world. This was without a doubt The WORST experience of my life… Iberia should be ashamed of their employees and customer service….

Original review: March 5, 2022

They broke into my bag, stole all the jewelry. And now they are telling they are not responsible for any stolen things that were in my bag. I filled the form for the bag replacement on their website and GOT NOTHING FROM THEM. I am trying to reach them for a week already and they tell they can't help me and send every time to fill the form on their website. Half of the numbers they provided me don't exist or they speak only Spanish there. NEVER fly with them!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have never had such a bad service. Last Thursday I flew from Tenerife to Madrid, as I am a resident I always get an island discount on my domestic flights. When I checked in, they asked me for my travel certificate. When I said I didn't have it, they put a big cross on my boarding pass and told me I could book a new ticket for another date. As I had an important appointment in Madrid, I couldn't miss this flight. At the Iberia counter they finally sold me a new ticket for the same flight for which I had to pay the full price, and out of desperation I took it.

When I arrived in Madrid I immediately went to the Iberia customer service to avoid the same problems on the return flight, there I was told that if I paid 585 euros I could go on the flight. Shameful for a one-way trip from ¡¡¡¡Madrid to Tenerife for which I already had a ticket!!!! Of course, I didn't, so I had to book another ticket. The only option was an 8.15am flight to Tenerife, so I lost a day's holiday and all the travel I had already paid for. To make matters worse, when I arrived in Tenerife, my luggage was still in Madrid! They had no idea when it would be returned to me, scandalous! I then arranged for a friend who was in Madrid to take it to me in the evening as I needed my things. I have never been treated so badly while travelling and had to spend so much money unnecessarily. I am very disappointed and will not recommend anyone to travel with Iberia.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Iberia is the most dysfunctional airline in the industry. Not only do their people not speak English well enough to understand and communicate, but their customer service is the WORST!! We booked a trip to Italy through American and the outbound flight was very good (British Airways), but the return was a nightmare. First our flight from Italy to London on British Airways was cancelled the day before we were scheduled to leave. British Airways could not help re-book, we had to do it through AA. AA booked us on an Iberia flight from Italy to Madrid and Madrid to Miami. Everything seems good until I could not check in online.

I called Iberia, they assigned seats, I paid for the upgrade and was told we would have to check in at the airport.. "Ok. No problem," we thought. We get to the airport, stand in line and finally get to the counter... The lady checks me in but says she can't find my wife's reservation, even though we have seats assigned... I have to get out of line and call AA. They find that the Iberia agent booked me on the Madrid to Miami flight, but booked my wife on British Airways from Madrid to London!!! AA had to cancel the entire reservation and re-book us, which meant that we lost the seats we had upgraded to. Got back in line and back to the agent who now found the new reservation and gave us our boarding passes in economy... Fine. At least we will get home. 10 hours later we arrive in Miami (Thursday night) and guess what, two of our four bags don't show up!!

File a claim, the guy finds the bags (still in Madrid) and says they will be in Miami on Friday and we will have them delivered within 28 hours.. It is now Wednesday and still no bags. Called Iberia customer service everyday and get the same story... "Your bags got to Miami on Friday and should be delivered but we can't tell you when..." No one to escalate to, no way to get any additional information. Six days and counting. I will never fly Iberia again and I would strongly recommend everyone find a different more customer friendly airline to spend your money with!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

Iberia needed to cancel my flight due to COVID related reasons which was understandable. They did not offer me a cash refund as they are required by EU laws and as all other airlines across the world were providing. When trying to call their customer service line, you are automatically disconnected if you are on hold for any length of time, when I finally got through to someone, I was then transferred to a non-English speaking person to help me and they disconnected from me. Their online help simply rejects requests. I have spent hours trying to get a hold of someone that can help and have got nowhere. I would never book with them again.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2021

Impossible to reach. You have to keep on calling till you get an agent. Otherwise it just hangs up and asks you to call again. Can't leave a message or on hold. No email. Can't cancel online etc. Can't believe this is even happening in this day and age! Iberia worst customer service to work with.

Iberia Company Information