2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.73/5

Iberia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: July 21, 2020

I have purchased my premium tickets to fly to Spain. Due to COVID19 my flight got canceled. Iberia confirmed that I would receive a full refund after 2 month of me trying to get an answer. However, it has been 6 month now and I still don't have the money. I keep trying to reach them but I get a roundabout that I cannot talk to their refunds department.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Simple enough, DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS AIRLINE. One star is not even enough from flight attendants down to customer service. Just simple rude people in an industry that is struggling right now. I was going to travel back in March 2020 to Europe and then the pandemic hit and I had to cancel the flight. A month ago (April 2020) they told me they CAN REFUND the money with no problem but I need to wait a couple of weeks because of the pandemic. Now I'm calling (JUNE 2020) and they said they have denied my petition for my $$ back and the have issued a voucher and then I can use it. I have never requested a voucher and now they'll make me use it. There's no consideration and definitely not good customer service. I wish you the best but I will not travel with you again! Keep your good work www.Iberia.com.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2020

I had a flight from Barcelona to Boston on Mar 30.. But had to get there from Italy. Italy flights were banned from landing in Spain. I got a notice in email from Iberia stating that I had five days to claim a 'voucher' from iberia. Then three days later they CANCELLED THE FLIGHT. No money back.."Oh too bad..you applied for a voucher so no money will be reimbursed." This is against the law by passenger rights. I tried 8 times and waited on the line over 40 minutes. Get only a recorded 'voucher' application message.

They are deceptive thieves. They knew they would cancel the flights and instead push the customer into a trap so as to 'legally' keep your money. Not only that - the 'voucher' is not for the total money paid. They keep the fees!!!! And the dates of available flights are limited and lost after December 30. This company..now owned by LEVEL is deceptive and disrespectful. They will get a bail out from the government and keep your money too. DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS COMPANY. Alitalia on the contrary - refunded all the cost of the flight for this trip. Why should coronavirus flight cancellation victims PAY THE AIRLINES TO CANCEL FLIGHTS? SEEMS TO ME THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW.

Original review: March 25, 2020

I am trying to cancel or postpone my flight due to COVID-19 travel bans. I call the international number for Iberia Airlines and to continue in English I press 1. Then I get a Spanish recording that I do not understand. I then call again and go through to 2 and the customer sevice person is Spanish and does not speak English. She cannot help. There is no email or other contact details. I have sent personal messages on their FB page and get an automatic message to contact their ibot chat. It is only in Spanish. How do we contact Iberia to sort out our travel plans?

Original review: March 6, 2020

I haven't yet traveled with the Iberia airline, (fortunately I think), but without words to describe the very despicable way of treatment by the customer service team, they first sell me an itinerary from USA to Spain, after a month they changed everything without respecting the connections or the schedules that already had. After consulting them to make an arrangement, they replied very rude and without any interest to help me with the situation, on the contrary, they advised me to cancel it 'because they no longer had availability', (I don't understand why, if there was one before), and ensuring total reimbursement.

It's been more than a month and I'm still making continuous calls and long waiting times to hear the same answer, 'it's being processed'! In addition to being a great lack of respect for the client that they sell an itinerary that they don't have, they debit the credit card money in just 24 hours and then take a whole month (or more) to return it, it only shows how little they care about customer needs and satisfaction, it is a pity that it's one of the only options to travel within Spain. I will try not to do business with them ever!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

Awful flight attendants, food, administration. I purchased (5) tickets to fly from SFO to Sevilla, Spain. Company did not have dedicated Iberia employees... more like San Francisco “rent some inadequate help” during check-in.

1. No bags for strollers or car seats.
    2. They forgot to tag my suitcase so it would surely get lost.
    3. They split me off our family reservation so the tickets could not be changed at the same time. Iberia rep on phone said, “Not sure why we did that, but we can’t fix it. Sorry.”

4. Total incompetent airline with rude incapable employees.

Avoid this airline!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

I flew from Madrid to Chicago on Iberia yesterday, and had an absolutely terrible experience. Our flight was delayed by over an hour (not their fault), which meant that we were on the plane for ~11 hours. We were offered food (but nothing to drink) a short time into the flight, and then ignored until around an hour prior to landing at ORD when a cart of snacks and drinks came through. No water, snacks, nothing. The only interaction I had with a member of the cabin crew during that time was when they reached across my friend and I to shut the window blinds. I would gladly have closed it, but they did not even bother asking. None of the staff were friendly. The flight itself was okay. The wifi was unavailable for the entire 10+ trip. This was quite possibly the worst service I've experienced on a flight, and I will not be flying with Iberia again.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2019

I have a work visa for USA. I have been traveling on it for more than 5 years now. Iberia denied my boarding as they did not understand my visa. Result, flight missed, charges incurred. No apologies. Nothing... I have raised a complaint but I don't expect any action as Iberia is widely known to be a mess and will soon dissolve. Iberia, if by any chance you are reading this (doubt it), treat your customers right and you will indeed make money. You ruined my travel experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

I have paid for extra luggage with Iberia, currently 2 × 23kgs plus hand luggage. One of my suitcases is 14kgs and the other 28kgs. And they won't let me spread it over two bags, they want to charge me another €100 for 4 extra kilos. Even though one bag is only 14kgs. What a joke honestly. I choose Iberia because I believed them to be fair with luggage. How wrong was I!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

If I could give this review negative stars, I would do it gladly. There are political disturbances, riots, and fires happening in Barcelona at the moment. I had this vacation planned with 5 other members of my family, my two girls of 6 and 8 years old included, but I will not travel to such place and risk our lives. I contacted the airline to get a credit and use it for another ticket. They rudely said no. The lady even laughed and said there's no way they would do that as if mocking me.

Then I said, "Ok, let me change the tickets to another date". So I gave her the dates and she proceeded to tell me that there would be a $275 penalty for each ticket plus any fare changes. I said, "Ok, check the tickets and see how much more I would have to pay". It turns out that I first checked, on my laptop under their website Iberia.com, on date for January 15 - 20th, 2020 and each ticket was $598.16 per person. But when the Iberia representative checked on their end, the tickets were $867.13. So I had to give them $402.33 more per person which totaled up to $2,413.98 more besides the $4,438.80 that I originally paid. I tried to search other dates and these were actually the "cheaper" ones according to the rep.

I asked them in the nicest way to please make an exception and with their arrogance they said they have never done any exceptions and they wouldn't do it now. We are 6 travelers and they did not attempt to help in any way. I am outraged at this airline and will never travel with them again! A friend of mine booked a flight with AA and he also decided it wasn't safe to go and he was given a credit to use it within a year for another flight. So now I know who will be getting my money when I travel.

I was looking forward to this vacation with my family, but I simply will not put them, and especially my daughters, at risk. We are all American citizens and we could get stranded there or get hurt, but the airline does not care at all about the safety of their travelers. I filed complaints with them online because they do not take complaints over the phone. God forbid they have to do any extra work. I doubt anything will get resolved, but I just hope this doesn't happen to anyone else. Please....use any other airline, stay away from this rude and arrogant people.

Iberia Company Information