1.10/5
Based on 87 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

Iberia

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

248 Iberia Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

We bought tickets of IBERIA to a flight from Granada to Madrid at 13:30. When we arrived at 11:00 they told us we should wait at the waiting list, After we ask why they admit they did overbooking. There was not free sit on the plane and we had to wait 4 hours to the next flight. Meanwhile they gave us voucher of compensation and told us that we will get the money at MADRID airport.

When we arrived MADRID at the customer service of IBERIA was a long line of passenger. Although we were very tired we joined the line, we were waiting there for 2 1/2 hours and when we arrived the clerk he took the voucher and check at the computer and said that it's written that they paid us already at GRANADA. We couldn't believe that lie. It was crazy. After my husband was furious the clerk call the manager and she said someone at GRANADA possibly did a mistake and she tried call GRANADA but they didn't answer at 21:00. We explain that we are flying the next morning out of the country So she took our email and promise to try found out what happen. IBERIA didn't call us the next morning. It was exhausting experience and we lost the few hours that we have planned at MADRID it felt Kafkaesque.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

We will never ever use Iberia Airlines again, and want to make sure everybody are informed of the worst experience on our recent trip. Various people were affected by this. We depart in South AFrica to our Croatia trip, when arriving at Madrid the nightmare started. 11 of us were affected, 4 South Africans, 7 from America New York, the airlines have changed the terminal of departure without notifying people. When we enquired about the terminal, we were send to Customs for the third round. The Customs people were the rudest I've ever experienced. Afterwards we all went to the desk at Madrid Iberia on the upper level, the ladies were very unhelpful but send us all back again to U57 for departure. The same wrong place, all ran up to the top level again, same story. We ended up at the ground level again. The plane departed, all missed the flight, depart from a total different terminal.

One Iberia assistant tried to help us, we were all booked on Latem to Frankfurt with a connecting flight from Frankfurt to Dubrovnik. We were delayed for 3 hours because of bad weather conditions at Frankfurt, just to miss our next connecting flight to Dubrovnik. Arriving at Frankfurt, 2 of us, my name and one lady from New York names could not be found, Latem assistant tried to assist, and eventually we were also allowed with the group to go to the hotel, and booked by Latem through Lufthansa to depart the next day to Dubrovnik. When arriving at Frankfurt Airport the Monday checked in at Lufthansa, we were not booked in by Latem at all. Only one person of the group was booked. We all had to purchase new tickets just to start our planned holiday in Croatia. We ended at Dubrovnik 3 days late for our planned trip.

Our luggage was almost lost, we found it at Dubrovnik, lost the accommodation which was paid beforehand, as well as the car rental car and deposits. Since we came back from the trip we've contacted the Customer Care division of Iberia telephonically and various emails they "claimed" they refunded at least the additional air ticket, R356 was paid into my bank account, what a joke, the total costs was R11 500!!

NEVER EVER TAKE IBERIA, RATHER FLY EMIRATES and you will take longer, but actually it won't be longer, because you will arrive on the planned time. Worst airline and no service. A disgrace, we've met more people in Croatia who was reserved on the same flight, they said 25 of them were driven in a cargo from one port to another who also could not found the terminal, they were dropped off just in time for the flight. The poor people from America had to be in Croatia for a wedding, having the groom's wedding ring. They took a train that evening from Frankfurt and another flight from Germany and arrived in Croatia the Sunday morning a hour before the wedding without any sleep for 48 hours.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 26, 2017
    Iberia is most likely the least reliable airline in the world. I had another awful experience with delays and cancellations (so bad that It made it in the Press!)

I am trying to file a complaint online and the website said that the complaint cannot be completed because "The Status field cannot be left blank". Well guess what? There is no status field in the application. I call customer service and they told me to use another browser. I did and guess what? It says the same thing. This is so typical of Iberia. By law they are required to provide a way to complain online but you can never complete the complaint. I am not surprised, another Iberia trick. My suggestions is to try to avoid this airline at all costs. They are a real nightmare.

Original review: July 13, 2017

The customer service for this airline is the absolute worst. Rude and unprofessional is the only way I can describe the experience speaking with a customer service agent. Then you have their customer service supervisor... just as rude and unprofessional as their customer service agent... and this is the only speaking with their agents, I cringe to imagine what my flight experience will be with Iberia Airlines when I actually fly with them.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I got a ticket from London to Madrid for the end of May, 2017, which I apply for a refund of my "Avios" and the euros that I paid at the beginning of May, 2017. By phone, they told me that I needed to write a letter and send it to a particular email. Then they changed the procedure at least 4 times. As I am living in London, I asked for the refund to be transferred to an account in UK. First, they told me that the account should be signed by my husband who is the Silver Iberia cardholder. So we send the letter. Then, they told me that I have to sign the letter. So we send the letter again.

After that, they told me that they cannot transfer the money to an account in a currency different than euro. However, the account is in euros. So we send the letter again. Hence, they said that they cannot transfer overseas... So we send the letter again. Again and again. Finally, I gave them a friend's account in Spain but they say that I have to send my friend's DNI copy to check the signature (what signature? My friend was not supposed to sign the letter). And that was so ridiculous that I told them to keep the euros. They always gave another excuse but never a solution. Be careful. Fly with Air Europa, Lan, American Airlines, even a low-cost is better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: June 16, 2017

I took the opportunity to take up an offer on their website for additional Avios when renting a car from Avis. Firstly their terms and conditions were for a different offer, then the form to book would not work. I rang their customer service to check the offer had worked and after 15 minutes explaining, I was cut off. I called back and was cut off again, and on the third call told I needed to speak with Avis despite it being an offer on Iberia's website.

Needless to say, the points didn't go through so tried to contact Iberia again and went through the 15 minutes explaining to be told there was no offer even though it was on their website. This then prompted my being cut off again. Managers refuse to speak to you and no one takes ownership. Terrible terrible customer service, I hope you never need to call them!

Original review: April 25, 2017

I travelled from Bogota to Casablanca on business fare ($$$) and somehow the airline managed to lose my luggage. They have no support nor provide any help on how to proceed on recovering the luggage. The lost luggage number can only be reached within Spain and their online ticketing does not allow you to track progress. This is a terrible airline with horrible customer service despite fantastic comfort in business class.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2017

How to recover monetary damages from Iberia Airlines. My experience w/ this airline was a classic "bait & switch" & I ended up paying 300% more than the original price for a 1 way flight from Granada to Bilboa on a "supposed" budget airline. I contacted an attorney and was told British Airlines and Iberia Airlines belong to the "International Airlines Group" that must register in the U.S. w/ the Secretary of State for each state in the U.S. All one needs to do is serve the IAG in each respective capitol of your state. I filed a Small Claims Court suit in the capitol of my state since I can recover damages up to $5,000. I paid a small fee to the court & served the papers w/ a certified letter when I received a court date. I will take the documentation I have & will have my day in court since Iberia will not take responsibility for its actions & British Airlines defers to Iberia. If enough people do this, their business practices will change.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2017

We booked 4 flights on Iberia to Madrid, Spain but could not obtain assigned seats at the time of booking. After the flights were booked, we went to their website to buy seats, as instructed. We tried and tried for several days to get seats because the 4 of us want to sit together on the flight. The site would not let us book seats! Then we called the Iberia telephone number and most times it continues to rerun their 3 choices. No matter which of the 3 choices you hit on the telephone keypad, it goes back to the original recording. After several calls, we finally reached a person who said they could help us, but just after giving them our credit card number, it disconnects, without ever obtaining seats. This happened 3 different times! Disconnected each time! How does this airline stay in business with such bad customer service?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

We took Iberia express to go on holiday from London to Alicante Summer 2016. We bought the tickets early and we got them cheap. They kept changing the flight times prior to our departure date. Also on our return we lost a bag. Now it's over 6 months and not a word from this airline - no email, no phone call, nothing at all and when we call we get nowhere with airline so people think twice before flying with this company as we would never used them again. Third world airlines are better than this Iberia express but just like they say you peanuts you get monkeys.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

For one month they gave me wrong advice about how to proceed and they forced me to get an upgrade (paid upgrade) that I didn't want. No telephone to call no one to help me and answers by email just after my flight. They charged me twice (for the upgrade and for the special seat) and they are not ready to talk to me. By facebook they promised something that didn't happened (I saved everything including all the calls). I lost a lot of time on it, it is a business trip and I have no time to lose in this kind of issues. I don't want this upgrade and I want my seat 10J in this flight. Hope to have a solution for it before the flight and to don't have surprised at the airport. I also sending it by facebook to make sure you will receive and I will receive an answer. Will be waiting for an answer ASAP.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

Bought a large bag of brown rice 3 weeks ago. Cooked and ate it on a Sunday and my son complained of belly aches that day. Ate it again the Monday we both had intense belly cramps and constipation. His persisted for the whole week and I was called by his school nurse everyday. Skipped a week of eating or cooking any type of rice or greasy foods. Cooked it again this Sunday 12th Nov. and the same thing happened. Intense belly aches, cramps and constipation. I crushed the cooked rice in my hand and realized there was a hard plastic residue remaining. The rice has no smell during and after cooking and the water remained clear. The consistency is that of rice, but does not taste like rice. Burned some raw grains in a pot only for it to not burn, but stay intact, as is. WHY ARE THEY SELLING PLASTIC FOOD FOR US TO CONSUME?! IS DEATH FOR THE MASSES ON THEIR AGENDA?

Original review: Oct. 14, 2016

On Sept 5, 2016 I purchased a round trip ticket from Iberia. (Rome-Miami-Rome) I flew the first leg which I upgraded from economy to business at the airport paying $484.00 cash. While in Miami, I had to make an emergency business trip to China which meant I would not be able to make my October 17, 2016 return flight Miami to Rome on Iberia.

On September 28, 2016 I began calling the Miami Iberia reservation number (800-772-4642). It was extremely difficult to get thru since as the recording said "all agents are assisting other customers". All probably meant the only one agent on duty. I would hold and listen to the scratchy awful music for up to 27 minutes sometimes. Call after call, I got the same damn recording.

About 3 days later, I got lucky and a real live person answered. I gave my booking number, explained that I needed to change my return flight. The agent then put me on hold while he tried to figure out the change fee on my ticket. After about 15 minutes he came back and said he could not find the change fee amount, so he has to send a request to Spain. They would get back to me in a day or two. On the fourth day I called back and again was tortured with their music on hold endlessly. Finally when I got thru to a live person, I was told they had a reply from Spain. I didn't care what the change fee was, I just needed to move forward. I stated that I did not have a new return date, so was it ok if I called back when I did. The agent said no problem.

On October 1, 2016 I tried to reach Iberia to make the change only to have to be put on hold ENDLESSLY!! I arrived in China on October 8, 2016 and immediately began calling Iberia Miami to confirm my new return date. Finally, on October 13, 2016 I decided to hell with Iberia, I will dispute the charge on my credit card. I called my card company and the lady asked if she can call Iberia to try to resolve my issue in order to avoid the dispute. I said OK. She was able to get Iberia agent on the line in a jiffy. I confirmed my China contact telephone number with Iberia and my card company and I was put on hold. After listening to music for 32 minutes, the call dropped. Since then, no one has called me back to finish this ordeal.

My conclusion is STAY AWAY from IBERIA. If you want to book online, first you must check if they offer changes/cancellation on their site. If not, you will have to make calls and listen to awful music as I did. IBERIA is NOT QUALIFIED to DO BUSINESS in the USA. I hope I can help save one of you out there from the agony I experienced.

Original review: June 20, 2016

Traveling from CHI to Boston to Madrid. Three pieces of luggage were lost. Two were recovered within 3 days, and we are still waiting on the 3rd piece. They NEVER update the information. Iberia reps are impossible to deal with and so rude. They act like it's your fault. There is one flight a day that arrives at 6:30 AM. I checked all day and then started making calls. Only when I called both AA and Iberia did we finally get the first 2 pieces of luggage at 8:30 PM that night. Never in the system did they update that it was coming. If UPS and FedEx can tell you where your package is at all times why can't airlines do the same with luggage. We pay a heck of a lot more for flights than sending packages. #discussedwithairlines

Original review: Nov. 27, 2015

On August 16 I booked a flight to Madrid from Pamplona. The flight was to leave Tuesday morning. They checked us all in, gave us a boarding pass and we all went thru security. We waited and waited for the flight to leave. Baggage was put aboard the plane. Hours later the baggage came out, brought to the front on the terminal without an announcement. Buses were brought in and we were bus(ed) to Madrid airport. Now, they will not issue a refund... twice... Once they said my baggage was on the plane... true, but then Iberia took it off. Second go round said that the ticket was non refundable in case of a cancel or no show. I did not cancel, I was there. So a 30 euro bus ride cost me $384.30. This airline is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2015

My daughter was flying to Madrid from New York (JFK) on 21 August, 2015 to start her college semester. We came to the Iberia's check desk around 4:00 PM, representative could not find her ticket using her passport, said her ticket was cancelled, and told me to go to the Iberia sales office. At sales office, Iberian representative also didn't find her ticket and suggested that she can purchase a new one (at the price over $2,000). We refused and instead found a flight by Royal Air Maroc for 19:30 with a stop at Casablanca. My daughter had no choice but to take that flight.

It turned out that my daughter's flight was the next flight, flying out at 8:55 PM. We came for 5:30 PM flight because I brought a wrong printout. :( Now I'm trying to get a refund for my unused ticket but after a month of messing with me, Iberia just refused to pay without any explanation. Customer service at Iberia is the worst service among all the companies I know. What they did is a plain thievery.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

On the 30th June 2015 flying from San Sebastian Spain having a stop over in Madrid, and of course Iberia had almost an hour Delay. We then just made it on our next flight with the same airline to Rome. Arriving in Rome one of our suitcases never came round the conveyor belt :( After going up to lost and found and speaking with a lady who worked for Iberia, she told us our luggage had been left in Madrid and will be on the next flight to Rome and we would get it the next afternoon. She even gave us the flight number and time it would arrive! So of course we had confidence!

It never showed up! Tried to call them the number that was given was invalid! We were leaving Rome the Next morning, got back to the airport, get there early 5am and of course no one is working in lost and found at that time. We search through what suitcases we could find and there was no sign of the suitcase! We had no option but to get on the flight to Croatia that we had already booked and through Facebook, which was my only point of contact I could tell them we have moved on and give them another address to send the case. This happened for 2 months of traveling. They had no idea where the bag had gone, no phone numbers were working, no sign of the bag, no compensation had been given.

Getting back to Australia, I have made contact through phone a few times, but they keep saying that lost luggage is not their department and they will call me back! They are in Spain and I am in Australia, they will never call me back! I have made claims and sent all claim information by mail and through email! All the emails we have received are no reply emails, and they are very blunt! They still have no idea where the suitcase has gone and they have told us that they have sent a cheque in the mail, that was almost a month ago and we have received nothing! I have sent everything through registered post and been calling and Facebook messaging them as much as I possibly can!

Apparently the cheque they have sent is only worth 700 Aus dollars. If this is the case this does not cover the suitcase and is pretty insulting. I have and will be trying to pursue this and get what we are owed even if according to the 'Montreal's convention' it's not as much as we deserve, they don't deserve to be an airline if this is how they are going to treat their customers from around the world. I have been harassing them and I know they are not enjoying it as they ended up blocking me on Facebook! It's not good enough and the airline should be ashamed of their actions. I feel like I'm fighting a losing battle but I will keep on fighting!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2015

Greetings. My experience from (LHR) to (ALC) with a connection at (BCN) was an experience I will never forget. Flight 7453 from (LHR) had a brakes problem so the flight was delayed. I missed my connection to (BCN) Flight 5461, and was put on a flight to (Ibiza) for a connection. The Iberia personnel said the flight was delayed and I am sure to get my connection to (ALC). I argued not to put me on that flight if I was not going to make it, because my research showed there were more flights out of (BCN) to (ALC) but she insisted. After I arrived in Ibiza, the flight had already left. I was very upset. I went to the Iberia desk to figure out what was I supposed to do.

After explaining my position, the personnel showed no interest or concern. They repeated, "the next flight was back to (BCN) is at 840 am in the morning." There happened to be another passenger there with the same problem. After asking to be put up at a hotel for the night, then she started making calls, handed us a slip, and told us take a taxi outside. She told us, "They will know where the hotel is." We both went on a taxi line, which was a 45-minute wait. It is now 1 AM. Once we got there, the man informed us we were at the wrong address because the name was spelled wrong. The man called another taxi for us to take us to the right location.

After arriving at the second location, I tried to get in touch with my family because they had not heard from me in almost twenty-four hours. My phone connector was located in my suitcase but I did not have it in my possession. I borrowed a connector from the hotel and subsequently incurred roaming charges on my cell phone because the hotel has no Wifi. I had no personal items with me, due to me not having my suitcase. The next morning, I called a taxi and headed for the airport, which was one hour away. I was told would be given back my taxi expenses at the airport, but there was no one there to handle the claim.

After arriving at (BCN), I once again inquired about my luggage. Still, there was no explanation for where my luggage ended up and so I was forced to put in a luggage claim. One bag finally arrived on Monday the 27th late in the evening and the other near the end of my trip on Wednesday the 29th. However, I was there for an anniversary celebration and was forced to buy more apparel. I was practically lost, with no personal supplies, and none of my necessary clothing. I am totally shocked by the behavior of the Iberia personnel who did not seem to care very much about their customers satisfaction.

There should be compensation for all the stress and items I had to purchase but it's without a saying there is no amount of compensation that will counteract this dreadful experience. The job is to hand you a slip - no apologies, no interest and give no reasoning to why things are done like this. I travel all over the world with different airlines, never called half an hour before the plane is schedule to leave to board, so the flight never leave on time. So there is always the chance of you missing any connection, only if it is about three hours away.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2015

I fly frequently out to my holiday home in Mallorca from London. I normally fly with British Airways. Their planes are by far superior to any other airline that goes out there and I don't mind paying a little more for the comfort and civilized manner in which I'm treated. The seats in both economy and business class are both spacious and comfortable. Drinks - including alcohol and a snack or a meal are included. On my recent trip out from London City Airport I was given a full English breakfast. The airline staff are polished and professional. I am a member of their frequent flier program and have access to business lounges, priority check-in and boarding regardless of the cabin I've selected to fly in.

So I question why on British Airways online site where I book my flights, you are given an option to also book a BA coded flight with Iberia Express? My story is this. Yesterday evening 26/09/15 I flew back for the first time with Iberia Express from Palma to London Heathrow. This was the only available flight for me and I naturally expected the flight and service to be of a similar standard to that of BA's. When I boarded the plane I was instantly shocked by the seating. It made Ryan Air look like a luxury airline! The seats were tiny and the cabin looked like it had been designed to cram as many seats in as possible to transport an army of midgets.

The gentleman sitting next to me was 6'7'' and had wanted to fly in business class but had been informed that there were no seats available. His legs, which I've taken a photograph of (this will be sent to BA along with a further complaint) were crushed partly under the seat and partly out in the aisle. In my opinion and others sitting around us this must have breached what must be considered airline safety and also health and safety. This gentleman asked if he could pay to sit in Club Class when it became apparent that there was an available seat but was told by the senior member of staff, "No, we cannot do that".

When I stepped in and argued that that was not acceptable she seemed unable to get her head around the fact that he could not fit into the tiny seat and that he could easily get seriously hurt if the flight encounter turbulence. Her attitude was very trashy and dismissive. Thank you Iberia for employing such intelligent staff. I question how the airline staff would respond in an emergency?

And the other issue I'm seriously annoyed about is that the on-board service was similar to Easyjet. We had to pay for our drinks and snacks??? The plane was both old and filthy. I'm 5'2'' and my head was inches away from the seat in front of me and I was constantly assaulted by a dirty curtain hanging in front of my face which was suppose to divide business class from economy. The business class section looked very basic too.

Finally I'll now argue with British Airways that they should not sell Iberia Express flights on their website. The type of person that books flights with BA expects a good if not excellent level of service and Iberia Express are a basic 'run for the plane', trashy airline staffed and 'who wound up the elastic bands to take off' airline who should not be selling seats via the British Airways online site. I and just about everyone else on last night's flight were disgusted and stunned by such low standards. Needless to say I won't be flying with this airline again!

Original review: Sept. 26, 2015

The background: I had bought a ticket with vy1871 and vy 2268 for 8th September from Copenhagen to Sevilla through the Vueling website. I never received a confirmation by Vueling, even though my credit card account stated the purchase. I called Vueling customer service all times of the day in 4 days and could not get through on single time! The morning of departure I was desperate and called the mother company Iberia. I talked to an agent about my problem. I told her I was booked with Vueling and that it was impossible to get through to their customer service.

The sales agent said she should check my name on the flight since both Iberia and Vueling were operating the same flight. She came back and said I was not on the flight and that I must buy a new ticket. I did, with Iberia for 560 euro plus and insurance. She said that this was the only solution for me to get on the flight. I really was had to be sure I could go that day so I had no choice. I had already paid 250 euro with Vueling for the same flight.

When I came to the airport I found it was Vueling who was operating the check in. No Iberia staff in sight. I told the check in agents about the problem. When they searched their system they could only find the Vueling ticket that I never got confirmation for. They also said they were from another company, not Vueling, just a handling company so they could not do anything about my double booking. The Iberia ticket I just bought did not exist, they said. They gave me a boarding pass for Vueling.

I called the same minute, before departure, to Iberia customer service to tell them about the problem and to cancel the ticket that did not exist and give me back the money. The agent said he should file a report and call me back. He never called back. I called the next day and they promised again to make a report. I have since then contacted Iberia customer offices in Sevilla, Barcelona, Madrid and I have called many times. I have made a written report in paper and on internet. Thus far nothing has happened. I have paid over 900 euro for a ticket to Sevilla one way from Copenhagen. It was the sales agent of Iberia who did the mistake telling me I was not on the flight and forcing me to buy a new ticket!

Original review: Sept. 23, 2015

I had two flights booked from Venice to Barcelona and they were cancelled. I received no email notification for this and was told that the next available flight was not until the following afternoon. This was the Friday night of the Biennale film festival. We had no accommodation and Vueling were offering no assistance, apologies or suggestions. Our best choice was to fly with another airline to get us to Barcelona that night where we had accommodation booked and paid for. This cost us 300 each and I was told by Vueling that I could get a refund but it was better for me to request this online. However there is no online request for refund form and in order to talk to customer service it costs about 90 cents a minute. Thus they are making more money from their poor service.

I received an email apologizing for the cancellation with a 20 voucher for my next booking. If the refund is available to me why don't they send me one instead of the voucher? I am very upset about this because all up it cost me 350 to get to Barcelona instead of 50. I have lost faith in low cost airlines and I want to warn others to not fly Vueling because there is no easy or economical way to communicate with them if things go wrong. They don't care.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

My NYC to Madrid flight on August 15 was bad. Security check was disorganized and tedious. Check in was same as for economy except the line was shorter. I never encountered such lines for business class in any other airline. Once we boarded, pilot didn't make any announcements. I asked stewardess if the plane could be cooled off as it was stuffy. She said "No!" that I would need blanket later!

Return flight from Madrid to NYC. Check in was lousy with this grumpy old man and again quite a line at business counter. First security check was quick and they singled me out for a pat down. Passport check was fairly quick. We decided to leave the lounge a bit earlier so as not to rush to the gate. A real nightmare started there. The passport clerk told us to go to his supervisor who said my daughter was selected for random security screening. To our horror, there was a huge crowd of people waiting for this and the line was barely moving. We have 30 min to flight departure! After 5 min, I asked and the clerk said "so?" Finally after another 5 min, my daughter was called. They rechecked her backpack and patted her down. Mind you we both wore tights and slim t-shirts so hiding anything on our bodies would be impossible!

We made it to our flight on last call! We were so upset that we kept going to the bathroom every hour. Once at JFK, passport check was fast, luggage came out very slowly!!! And our bags were screened for the third time!!! It appears that Iberia singled us out as terrorists or smugglers! I never had my bags checked this many times or had both myself and my daughter patted down. It was horrible. We have no criminal records, smuggling, no suspicious travel etc. Never again, they can go to hell.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2015

I have called at least fifty time Iberia and send via email the documentation for my Dad to be able to change his flight before his date. After a week of calling and complaint no one have never called back and they refused to talk to me. I send medical documentation from hospital. My dad is leaving tomorrow and I need to find a good lawyer to start a lawsuit! I have work in airline and we change flight due to emergency. This is unacceptable. It's disgusting and go behind any human right. I will never fly Iberia anymore and I need an answer and all of those people that I dealt need to get consequences. My dad need to have a surgery, this is not a joke. They tell me that someone will call me.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

My wife and I traveled to Spain for our tenth anniversary with Iberia. As we were bringing a wedding dress and suit, I wanted to make sure they would be on the plane- we had no bags to check. My wife said it would all be placed on a closet on the plane at no cost, but I emailed and called Iberia multiple times to be sure. I finally got an agent on the phone, who noted I needed to do an online baggage check for $128, which I did. At JFK, an Iberia desk agent noted that was wrong- it would be placed on the plane at no charge, and said to go back online to get a refund. Months later, after Iberia lost my first complaint form, they said it was not refundable. No reason. No concern for a lifetime of flight income loss for my wife and I, who are thinking of moving to Malaga.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2015

On 02.07.15 I booked online with Iberia Express to travel with my husband on 30.10.15 from Tenerife to London. It involved a flight from Tenerife North to Madrid and a connecting flight from Madrid to London. On 29.07.15 I received an email from Iberia Express to advise that the flight from Tenerife to Madrid was cancelled and offering me an alternative flight. I rang their customer service because the alternative flight arrived in Madrid two hours after my flight to London had left! Iberia then went on to offer me a flight the day before with no offer of overnight accommodation. They then offered me only one seat on an earlier flight that would connect with the flight from Tenerife to London.

Customer Service were absolutely useless and I had no alternative but to cancel the flights and request a refund of monies paid. I am still waiting for my refund despite numerous telephone calls. Iberia have made all sorts of excuses even advising that the banks hold on to my money! I have been greatly inconvenienced by Iberia because I have had to look and pay for alternative flights. Never again! I would never recommend this company nor would I ever consider using them again.

Original review: July 27, 2015

I purchased unaccompanied minor tickets for my daughter to travel alone to Spain 4 months advance of her trip. The Iberia agent whom I purchased my ticket from on the phone "never put in my payment information" even though I provided it. This resulted in my daughter's ticket being cancelled without any notification or warning. I called Iberia to find out why her ticket was cancelled & they told me I must pay an additional $1,000 to re-purchase the tickets since the price had gone up.

Fast forward 3 and 1/2 hours later, 5 phone calls later, 4 times being hung up on by customer service reps who were "transferring me to their managers," they finally "resolved" my issue. Luckily, I had an email confirmation with a day/ time stamp. I provided that information plus the phone # I called from when I initially made my reservation. The manager was able to locate the recording of my original phone call, he listened to the 40 minute recording & confirmed that I INDEED paid initially!

I INDEED provided credit card information! The customer service rep then ONLY offered for me to re-purchase the tickets for the same price I paid. Again, this is after 3 & 1/2 hours of endless frustration. They offered NOTHING for all the inconvenience. No upgrades, no apologies, nothing. This is a horrible airline. I am a frequent flier to Spain & I would NEVER fly with them again. Run now if you value your time, sanity and your money.

Original review: July 20, 2015

On 11/07/2015, I traveled by Iberia (Cub Class) from Ibiza to London. The quality of service was generally poor; and the designated aircraft seating area was filthy. To top off what must now be considered my worst air travel experience ever, upon arrival at Heathrow, I discovered that an item of my luggage had vanished in transit ("Lost Luggage").

I subsequently made a series of requests for information from Iberia Customer Services (12/07; 13/07; 14/07; and 16/07/2015). These requests were met with general disinterest and, at best, inaccurate feedback in relation to the location of my Lost Luggage. Please also note that many Iberia Customer Services staff appear to possess what used to be politely termed, "limited English skills". Bizarrely, I was initially led to believe that my Lost Luggage had been sent through to Heathrow on a later flight.

With this in mind, on 16/07, I wasted 5 hours and incurred an additional cost of 40.00 going back to Heathrow in an attempt to recover my Lost Luggage. It was only as a result of assistance from BA staff at Heathrow (who have proved considerably more helpful than Iberia Customer Services) that I found out no one has any idea where the Lost Luggage is. Further note that Iberia only finally acknowledged this after I pointed out what had happened at Heathrow in 16/07! I then demanded to speak to an Iberia manager - Iberia Customer Services refused to refer. I have since heard nothing from Iberia - even after making a written complaint. Needless to say, they'll be hearing from my solicitor in due course. Quite frankly, I don't expect this sort of service, business class or standard, and have no intention of travelling BA/Iberia again as a result.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Inhuman IBERIA. Last afternoon I took the kids to airport to fly Athens-Madrid-Oviedo. Kids are 13 and 11 years old. Iberia policy is that kids under 12 are obliged to buy the unaccompanied minor service and over 12 is optional. Said service costs Euro 65 for Athens-Madrid leg and Euro 40 for Madrid-Oviedo leg with Iberia both flights. So I bought the service for my kid of 11 for total Euro 105!!!! When the kids arrived at terminal 4 Madrid airport, one lady to the youngest to the UM room and LEFT THE 13 YEARS OLD ALONE IN THE AIRPORT ON HER OWN!!!! FOR 3 HOURS!!!! Outrageous. Their argument: We are not a NGO (non governmental organization)!!!!

Original review: July 8, 2015

I never actually flew with them because they cancelled my flight and left me hanging so that I had to make other arrangements myself. Their "customer service" is appalling and the reps were absolutely useless and rude. They kept telling me to go on their website to submit a claim, which would never have been resolved before I was due to leave. Their English was very basic so they couldn't understand me properly, which only added to my frustration. In the end I lost all the money I'd paid for my tickets and had to pay for another flight myself. A total nightmare.

Original review: June 15, 2015

Booked tickets for my daughter 6 months before travel. She arrived at the airport and the checkin demanded that she produce the credit card that was used to purchase the tickets. I am in Australia and she is in Lisbon, how on earth does this work. Does that mean that nobody other than the passenger flying can book and pay for a ticket. They demanded that new tickets were purchased, apparently to prevent fraud (seems like the only fraud taking place here is Iberia on its passengers). I would not fly with them again and warn everybody of this scam. Surely after 6 months they could determine that the payment of the tickets was not fraudulent.

Iberia Company Information