2.6/5 (394 ratings)

About Iberia

Iberia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: Sept. 18, 2022

Just flew from New York JFK on my first leg before my destination which was supposed to be Madrid. My husband and five month old had a layover at Boston Logan…We arrived at our gate an hour early and they refused to allow us on the plane, because they said we needed a ticket number for our infant who had a boarding pass and had just flown with us from NY. After American Airlines and Expedia said it was absolutely not a problem and that she was in the itinerary. We ended up having to take a bus from Boston back to NY and just missed our week in Spain because of the disgusting staff who laughed and actually danced in front of us while I sobbed asking why we weren’t able to get on our flight. We just lost 4K because of these people. I will be suing in small claims court and possibly more after speaking to my attorney. I have never had such a crazy horrible experience in my 40 years of traveling.

Stuck in another state with a five month old and no way to get home. The Iberia staff should all be fired immediately. Do not fly with this company, they are really truly soulless people. Another woman in the line had the same thing happening to her. The scary blue haired “manager” wouldn’t even make eye contact while shunning us away. My family is heartbroken and we just spend my husband's 40th bday vacation on a bus ride home with a crying infant.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2022

Be cautious when booking. I paid in advance $40 per ticket to for the privilege of choosing my seats (two window and two aisle on the same row 28) and was placed in random seats on the back. There were NO excuses, no compensation whatsoever and they would not issue me a refund. They written excuse (via email) was that when the plane configuration changes the seat assignments may change as well.

The plane had not changed and I was seated in a middle seat, first row. The tray table was broken, the screen would slide down continuously and I had no room for my personal belongings. It's like paying for steak and being given a ham sandwich. In addition the plane was disgusting, the bathrooms were filthy from the very beginning, the food choices atrocious, not even seltzer and butter and cheese for the bread. I give it a 2/10 because the pilot did a fine job. Avoid flying Iberia and if you must, be very cautious because they are sneaky without shame.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

I will never fly Iberia again. Long story short, we used flight credits from their previous stuff ups to fly to Morocco. Flights were changed and canceled. 2 hour delays at the airport when we finally got to fly. We had to totally rearrange our accommodations which of course cost $$$ to take new flights and pay more for these. Then when we left Marrakesh the attendant at the check in counter forced me to check in my carry on. Told me I could not board if I didn’t as it was a full flight.

I told her we had a 40 minute transfer in Madrid and that I was worried our bags would not come with us. She assured me they would, now we are in Croatia and have been waiting 3 days for our bags. Totally ruined our time here as we have to stay at our accommodations in case they show up. So pissed off right now. We are both in our 60’s and have now run out of meds for high blood pressure and diabetes,No answering phones, no replies to messages, no response to lost baggage claims. Thank you so much Iberia for your pathetic attitude to the customers that keep you in the air. Never ever ever again will I fly with you. And I will also bad mouth you to everybody I know.

Original review: June 16, 2022

Customer service deficient, problem-solving none, reservation management especially if you buy the ticket from another airliner operated by them. I repurchased a reservation in May 2021 to travel in June 2022. There was no place to reserve a seat until the day before travel; the service call center was not reachable and did not provide any solution.

Original review: June 1, 2022

I have been trying to sort out a ticket refund, called customer service and after waiting 25 minutes for an agent, she could not hear me and dropped me. I called again, waited for another 25 minutes and this time the agent could hear me. I then asked for agent to take note of my phone number in case called dropped. Agent did so. Call eventually dropped but agent never called me back...

Original review: April 21, 2022

After our initial flight was cancelled due to COVID, we were issued a refund as a travel voucher that was supposed to be valid for a year (through Sept 2022). After spending OVER TEN HOURS on the phone with the company (and 3 months going back and forth), we were never able to get the voucher to be activated, even though it had been less than 6 months since our initial cancelled flight. They continuously sent us from one customer service rep to another, each time telling us that this had been resolved, when in fact it had not. Why even offer a voucher if you are not going to allow us to use it!?!? It was very frustrating to waste so much time trying to get our voucher activated and that even after all that time were unable to do so. We found them horribly unprofessional and will never buy another Iberia flight again! We highly recommend staying away.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Our trip was from Chicago to Madrid and then to Barcelona. They canceled the Madrid to Barcelona leg and did not offer an alternative. I called customer service; they suggested full refund for the trip because our dates were not flexible. I received email confirming the refund ($29.61 to credit card and $1003 Cash per passenger). My credit card was credited 2X $29.61, and I kept waiting for the rest of the refund for 6 weeks, to no avail. I called and they said case was closed! And asked that I submit a complaint online. I issued a complaint and provided their own documents showing they still owe me 2X $1003. A week later they emailed me to tell me that they credited me back on my credit card, which is not true! I was given the runaround. They stole my money. Iberia, Never again.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I was flying in a business class and the service was one of the worst of all of my other business class flights. Flight attendants, check in agents and gate agents are barely speaking English on this international flight. They are extremely cold, unfriendly and disinterested in their customer service in general. They do not take any care of the customers.

In flight experience was very bad as well. Flight attendants barely communicated with me throughout, and never took any effort to please me and give proper business class service. I never received the drink I requested and once they served the main course, they never cared to ask if we needed anything else and they would just pass by so quickly that I didn't get a chance to catch them. There was no eye contact or smile either. Their service was below airline customs, below average across the industry. This was not my first flight with Iberia, but for sure will be the last one.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Over Covid times when airlines couldn't flight I bought a Voucher to use within a year. When I try to use it over the last month was invalid and had expired after 11 months. I complained asking for an extension and they told me they couldn't do it, because the voucher was valid for a year! And that´s precisely why I was complaining, because didn't last for 12 months, I feel they have stolen my money, I would like to use the voucher that I paid for!

Original review: March 5, 2022

I had a flight for the holidays and unfortunately I got covid so I ended up needing a voucher. I emailed them to inform them and they requested my results, I sent them immediately. When I didn’t hear anything from them I called for my voucher (January), I was supposed to take 24to 48 hours, I got nothing. I called once a week for the first 3 weeks of February and I was always told 24-48 it will be emailed to me, Nothing. February 25th I called, and everyday since… Today is March 5th and I want to book my flight for March 15th and still Nothing… I was on the phone with customer service and they hung up on me when I asked for help expediting my voucher because I want to book my flight… I travel ALL the time all over the world. This was without a doubt The WORST experience of my life… Iberia should be ashamed of their employees and customer service….

Iberia Company Information