2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

Iberia Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Iberia?

Original review: May 28, 2019

On boarding a flight from Palma Mallorca to Madrid and onto Dublin, the air steward took my duty free shopping bag worth about €200 as she told me I was sitting at an emergency seat. I asked for the back on arriving in Madrid, on a one hour stop-over. Was told I would get it back in Dublin. In Dublin told I should have got it in Madrid. Endless emails and phone calls to Iberia yielded no satisfaction. The website and telephone staff, say "There is nothing we can do." Maybe I should try "lost and found" in Madrid - like I'm passing there every day. Last time I will use them. Was back in Palma a few weeks later and again advised to "visit" lost and found in Madrid. Iberia charged me over €600 for a one way flight - that two weeks later cost me less than €100 (different airline) - even though it was closer to the "season". Date of travel: March 2019.

Original review: May 22, 2019

WORST AIRLINE EVER!! They literally have NO customer support in US. They give one customer number but you call and it hangs up after saying it is connecting to a operator. They give twitter and facebook accounts for support with no answer. They can be cheaper but you must know that buying ticket from them is a gamble that you will lose.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I purchased a ticket for my 82 yr old parent from TLV to Miami then NY. 2 months after my mom was diagnosed with dementia and she can't fly, my dad is the sole caretaker for her and he can't fly either. I have been feuding with this airline for the past 3 month for a refund. All they agree to give us back is $267 per ticket when we paid over $1100 per ticket. We did send them ALL the Dr. notes and they still don't agree, this is the worst airline I have ever had to deal with. Not to mention that to get a supervisor at one point I waited 4 hrs. This is ridiculous. DO NOT FLY IBERIA.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Flight from Madrid to Geneva. Iberia is now overbooking all their flights apparently instead of adding more flights to their routes. They denied us entry to our flight, a family of four with a newborn. We had to be at their mercy for the next flight that had spots available. Their excuse to deny us the flight was that we were the last to check in. At gate, at least 8 more people were left stranded. So beware, if you are flying with Iberia, check in at least 24 hours before your flight or you will end up playing musical chairs with them.

Original review: March 10, 2019

Hello there, I have encountered the worst experience in my life with Iberia. On Thursday I have a flight from Boston to Madrid at 530 pm for family emergency event. On Thursday I have to leave early my job and drove to the Logan Airport. The traffic was terrible. I made it at 410 pm which was 1 hours 20 minutes before my departure. I ran to the the gate to check my suitcase. Nobody was in the gate. I asked the next by airline that was next to it. They told they already closed. It was too late. Nobody could help me. So I decided to call Iberia customer service around 445 pm. They could do nothing on their end. Completely useless. The next flight they could reschedule is March 11th (4 days later).

In addition, I have to pay penalty and price difference and $25 (customer fees) total of $850 (my original tickets was $1050). In the end, I asked them if they could put another flight with different airlines. The response was none "we don't do that". They couldn't even reimburse for my return ticket schedule for March 14th (today is 10 March, 2019). This is the worst customer service I have seen in my entire life. There is no help for small incident such us cancel or reschedule itinerary. If something happened you are on your own. I would never flight or either recommend anyone to use Iberia. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I paid 180£ for a ticket from the 1st Jan to come back on the 7th Jan without a checked bag because it would have been more expensive and I didn't have Christmas holidays at work. After quitting my job I called them to see if they could change the flight to fly on the 24th December and they told me it would be an extra cost of 300£. I found a ticket with Brussels Airlines (WITH A CHECKED BAG INCLUDED) for less than 100£ so I didn't fly with Iberia. I called them on the 1st Jan to let them know so they wouldn't cancel my return ticket and they sent me an email confirming the flight back wasn't canceled.

After a couple of hours I got another email saying my flight was canceled. I spent ONE FULL WEEK calling Iberia without being able to speak to the same representative to claim the return ticket since I paid for it. After being told they were going to put a request (which never happened) and try to fix this situation (which never happened) I had to take another flight and pay more so I could come back to work because it is their policy to cancel flights if you don't take the first one. HOW IS THIS EVEN ALLOWED??? If I pay for it, I take it or not, it is MY ticket. INEXCUSABLE.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

Five months before our scheduled departure, my husband had a terrible accident and we had to cancel our trip. We followed every rule to submit a claim to get a refund, all in a timely manner, and had purchased insurance, but there were no responses to our claim. Customer service was totally confusing - literally no help. We tried over and over and never received any help. Responses involved passing the buck till you get nowhere. We finally had to give up and just consider it a total loss. I definitely would never fly Iberia again, and would not recommend this miserable experience to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I had the misfortune of purchasing airline tickets on Iberia for myself and my family earlier in 2018 for a flight from Miami to Spain. I made an additional mistake of purchasing the tickets thru Travelocity. Other than for information purposes only, it makes no sense to purchase airline tickets or hotel reservations thru Travelocity instead of going directly to the airline or hotel. Many airlines or hotels will not deal with you directly if you book with Travelocity. So if you have a problem with your itinerary, it becomes a circus act trying to coordinate between both the airlines and the booking site. Well, I needed emergency medical treatment for one month which started the week before my flight on Iberia for July 27th.

I contacted Iberia and Travelocity to allow me to use my tickets at a later date without having to pay a penalty fee. I had paid good money for these tickets, and was not asking for anything more than what I had paid for. After several months of back and forth, their answer was no! A week ago I called Iberia Airlines directly and asked to speak to a supervisor: the supervisor's response was that she did not want to speak with me. I asked for her name and to speak to another supervisor, but I was refused. I was not being rude. I don't think this would have happened with an American airline company. It seems to me that I will only use American airline companies in the future, to avoid this indirect discrimination from foreign airlines such as Iberia. I will also avoid booking flights on sites such as Travelocity.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I have booked a round trip with Iberia from NYC to Paris and back. I cannot honor my flight out (have to travel earlier to Europe for family reasons). Now Iberia tells me that they will cancel my flight back, if I do not show up for the outbound trip. I have paid (through Expedia) both ways. What can I do to use my flight back?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I arrived in Madrid, Spain from LAX and unfortunately left my cell phone (Samsung Note 8) inside the flap in front of my seat. I know because I was charging the phone while flying. I gathered my items to leave the plane but forgot to get my cell phone. I went to lost/found to explain my situation immediately upon arrival to airport at Madrid but no sympathy, no running or calling by walkie talkie or other of communication to try to go back to aircraft to retrieve my phone. Instead I waited 4 hours and said nothing was found. I was the last passenger to leave and my friend was my witness, I know the phone was left there and the only people who had access was the cleaning crew. My phone was stolen and never returned.

How can anyone trust this airline to never return personal items left on the aircraft? After so many customer service desks and claims...I ended up filing a police report so a thorough investigation could be made. Imagine this was at the beginning of my vacation. So much for that right? I will never use this airline again! Terrible service!

Iberia Company Information