1.69/5

363 Holiday Inn Express Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 22, 2019

My husband and I stayed at a H.I. Express in St. Augustine, FL for a week while visiting our grandchildren. Our last night we came back at 10:00 and smelled smoke. I worried the hotel was on fire, but we didn't report it. My husband said he thought it smelled like **. We came home and checked our bill to find a $100 charge for cleaning our room. We inquired about it and were told it for smoke in the room. We said we don't smoke and they said it was for smoking **. What a joke. We are 65 years old. My husband argued with them and they said rooms on both sides of us were checked and were clean. It had to come from somewhere. We never used maid service, only got clean towels but it had to come from somewhere. They implied that we were lying. They lost our business. Unbelievable!! Never again. Do not stay at this hotel. They will accuse you of whatever they want to make money.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I come to Holiday Inn Express whenever I travel but they missed the mark this time. I recently checked in at a new location built less than a year ago. However the comforters in my room had brown spots under it. Perhaps requesting to have it cleaned may help. But the standards of clean here worry me.

Original review: June 13, 2019

Today I checked into this dump and while waiting in a long line some woman that had already been in the hotel comes down and breaks in line. At first the man working at the desk told her she would have to wait until he finished with the people in line as he should have. Some crazy lady in front of me said she could go. The clerk should have never let her go in front of people that had been waiting in line. I will never come back here and I don’t want to be here now.

Original review: June 12, 2019

I booked my room at the Holiday Inn Express in Ft. Payne Al 5 weeks in advance. I called twice a week to make sure everything was OK and I was assured each time everything was fine. I traveled 17.5 hours by car and arrived at approx.11:45pm. All I wanted to do was go to bed being extremely exhausted. Upon arrival there was a note on the door stating "Sorry,we are under construction, sorry for the inconvenience". I traveled with 2 business partners. We were awoken at 7am from the loud work being done. We went downstairs for the free complimentary breakfast...not so good. We went back to our room only to find a note placed on the door "sorry, the water will be turned off from Noon to 6pm." We then decided to go lay out by the pool because the weather was good, in the 70's and the women wanted to get some sun. Of course the pool was closed.

We then showered, rushing, to make our business meeting. Upon return we noticed we did not get turn down service. This continued for the next 3 days, 4 in total from 3-27-19 until check out on 4-1-19. Upon check out I was presented a bill for full price, $169 a night. I asked to speak to the manager and was told they are not there. I stated "really, on a Monday at Noon?...why I am being charged full price and no staff ever mentioned any of the ongoing construction when I booked my room, even checking in twice a week. All the employees knew this and never mentioned this". Very deceptive practice and definitely not worth the price of $169 a night. Bad service all around.

Original review: May 26, 2019

If I could give 0 stars I would. We booked a King Suite through Booking.com on April 12th for 3. Upon arriving on May 24th, we checked in only to find our room did not have a pullout or extra bed for our child. We went to the gal at the front desk and she said they had no pull out couches due to a remodel. We asked to be moved to a different room only to be told they were booked and had 15 rooms out of order. We asked for a refund and was told that she couldn't give one because we used Booking.com.

After calling several other Hotels in the area, we realized we had no choice but to stay in the room with no extra bed because everything was booked (holiday weekend). After pleading with her to work with us, she somehow was able to move us to another room without an extra bed but said she could give us a roll away bed. We agreed and were happy. Two hours later (10:40pm) my husband went to check on the status of the rollaway bed only to be told that they did not have anymore. She then moved us again to another room with two Queen beds. Finally! But then the thermostat was broke and the room was hot all night.

After contacting Booking.com to inquire about a refund I was told that the manager from the Holiday Inn Express refuses to give us a refund and claims that we mistreated her help. We were really patient through the whole nightmare in spite of being moved 3 times, ice machine out of order, our thermostat out of order and the side exit door permanently locked and out of order (Fire Hazard). Needless to say, We will NEVER stay at a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS again. Jeanette the GM is VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Holiday Inn?

Original review: May 23, 2019

I made a reservation for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Savannah N- Port Wentworth on the Holiday Inn website on January 11 for travel dates of May 24 - 26, 2019. Today by luck, I decided to call to reconfirm my reservation and I was told that the hotel opening date has been delayed and that my reservation is not valid. When asking what I am supposed to do! Holiday Inn response was that I can cancel my reservation and make a reservation at another hotel and pay their current rate. Wow it is my lucky day, my valid reservation is not being honored and I am told that I can go to another hotel and pay more. I am not sure why they even have a customer service department as they don't really care nor provide a service.

If I was flying down and the airline made a mistake, they would fix it at their cost and compensate me, if I was booked on a new cruise and the sailing date was delayed I would have been compensated by the cruise line and cruised for free. If I would have been at a real hotel like a Marriott, they would have found me a hotel and absorbed the cost for their mistake. ****Good ole Holiday Inn policy is to cancel the reservation, and tell me that they can book me elsewhere at whatever cost it is. I guess there is a reason why my status at Marriott is a titanium platinum and my future status at Holiday is going to be non-existent.

I have never had the experience from any product ever that if there was something wrong with their product that they would replace or fix at no charge. Not this hotel chain, Holiday Inn needs to understand customer service or get out of the business.. just imagine how happy I would have been to drive 12 hours tomorrow and show up at a hotel that is not even accepting guests and not open for business when I got there. Word to the wise if a company such as Holiday Inn can not honor their reservations and does not have the integrity to fix the situation to that customer's satisfaction, they do not deserve to be be in the hospitality business due to their inhospitable policies.

Original review: May 22, 2019

My family’s stay at the Lubbock location on 45th St. was the worst ever. The pullout couch had stains and was broken. The room was outdated and dirty. I had just been to my dad's memorial that day and needed a good night's rest. 175$ for a horrible stay.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Horrible. My wife and 13 year old daughter travelled to a dance competition in Roanoke, April 12-14. Long story short, there was a billing a problem... The room was reserved in advance, then they checked in no problem. Later on, the hotel had trouble charging my wife's card--the manager, Lori **, decided that instead of trying a number of other options, to lock my wife and daughter out of their room at 11:00 pm!!

Funny, a 3 minute phone conversation cleared (with me) cleared up the problem and the room was paid for with the same account previously given to HI. Since then, my complaints to IHG & HI have gone in circles, with absolutely no help from anyone. Will never stay there again. In fact, not giving Holiday Inn or IHG any more of our business at all. Just travelled to Wilmington NC and stayed at a locally owned hotel, Jameson Inn. Very nice, no problems and the staff knows how to use a credit card!

Original review: May 1, 2019

I am very disappointed with Holiday Inn and IHG in general. I was charged $691 by this company due to a non-refundable rate that I cancelled and did not use. After contacting the 800 number and the hotel directly, the only response has been "...this is non-refundable/you knew the rules...etc." Wow! It's unbelievable that a large company would take money from hard-working people without remorse. So as a result, I will never stay at another Holiday Inn. I thought I was a "valued rewards member."

Original review: March 25, 2019

Upon checking in we were told that we had to stay on the third floor due to the fact that they were shampooing the carpets on the 1st and 2nd floors. On our way to our room my wife had to climb over electrical cords and vacuum hoses all the way down the hall. Our carpets were damp the entire first day of our stay. The top drawer of the dresser never closed. On Friday the 22nd our toilet was plugged. When I called the desk I was told that there was no one there to fix it but I was welcome to come down for a plunger. After using the plunger the water was running all over the floor making it unhealthy and extremely unsafe to use. All of these inconveniences made it a very bad experience for both of us. Also the room they changed us to its shower drained very slow so had to take shower in standing water.

Holiday Inn Express Company Information