3.52/5
Based on 31 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

100 Embassy Suites Hotel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 11, 2018

This hotel was disgustingly dirty, the mattresses and furniture was stained, the toilet in room 401 wasn’t working, room 522 the pull out couch was filthy, I refused to stay there with my family, instead I ended up paying $195 to stay at another hotel. The manager of the hotel inspected the room and agreed she wouldn't stay there with her children either. She assured I'd receive a refund, called today and she explained she just issued the refund today 3 days later, I am not confident. They also charged my card $25 for incidentals, we never stayed there, the manager explained today it could take 3 to 5 days. This trip caused me aggravation and over $250.

On Monday I went work and ended up hospitalized and required to take two days off work. I spent Saturday night on the phone with Hilton, phone disconnections and no reasonable resolution was offered, my trip was ruined. Lastly the room and hotel advertised was not the same false advertisement at its best, I was misled, no way this hotel was worth $245 a night. I feel betrayed by Expedia and I am very disappointed in Hilton. Hilton execs visit your Montgomery Alabama Hotel, it is a reflection of your company. I am a Native NY’er and I am ashamed of your Embassy Suites, manager says you’re under renovation, shut it down until you do, and stop the fake advertisement. Take care of your customers, you're failing.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Such a pretty and expensive hotel, however beware of the Jacuzzi and customer service. Two days after we left my daughter broke out with a rash all over her chest and back. Doctor said it was called a hot tub rash. He said it was caused by a Jacuzzi that was not properly maintained. When I called the hotel about it, the front desk asked me to hold for a manager. They then proceeded to put me on a loop that kept sending me to a voicemail. After 30 min, I finally just left a message. They never got back to me. I expected a lot better from such a major hotel.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 9, 2018

We have stayed at Embassy Suites before and we had a very pleasant experience. However, this time was far from acceptable. We called the front desk and within 10 mins a maintenance engineer came to our room to check the a/c. He put the gun on the vent and it read 68 degrees. He assured us that it was cooling down and we would be fine in about 30 minutes. It never cooled down and it made for a MISERABLE stay on a weekend of 90 degree weather in Nashville. We did inform the front desk again and said we expect to hear from the GM. We stayed there 6/2 and haven’t heard from anyone within the organization. We stay in Franklin/Nashville every weekend until we transition our family to the are from East Tennessee, and this weekend we had to choose Homewood Suites since we haven’t heard from Embassy Suites.

Original review: April 15, 2018

I am very dissatisfied with the stay at this hotel. First of all it was my son's birthday so I took him and 6 other kids to have pizza and cake. No big deal at a hotel right? Well being that only max of 6 people was allowed in this premium room they only would allow 6 wristbands for swimming pool which this is the first time I've heard of wristbands to swim at a hotel and they actually had a worker checking at the door.

I spoke with Allen ** the manager and explained, "I have 3 extra kids. Can they swim?" He said, "No." He said exactly this hotel don't allow no birthday parties, no family functions, no gatherings at a hotel? He said the lobby areas and the hallways close at 11pm so basically telling me I paid all this money and I'm not allowed out my room past 11. He said, "Yes." He was yelling at me telling me he could kick me out the room for having a couple extra kids who wasn't even staying there. This stay was awful and very uncomfortable. This is NOT a place to Take Your Family!!! The management there have no compassion nor do they care about their ratings. We felt like we were in prison and watched all the time.

Original review: March 31, 2018

As a Hilton silver member, I have many wonderful experiences with most of the Hilton Brand hotels. I expected much more from a top NYC hotel like the Embassy Suites in NYC 37TH and 6th Ave. The rooms was half the size of the normal embassy suites that I have gone to. We had to squeeze on to the bed. The dining room was packed with little or no room to sit and the food was mostly cold. In the future, I will make sure that I do more careful research to ensure that I get what I pay for!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embassy Suites Hotel?

Original review: March 27, 2018

My stay at the FT Lauderdale, FL location was fabulous. The hotel was located close to the airport and cruise terminal. They recently completed a full renovation, the hotel interior and rooms were beautifully decorated and very spacious. The bed was very comfortable and the room itself was clean and well maintained. The room was well soundproofed, we didn't hear any outside noise despite the location and busy street. The hotel served light refreshments in the evening, a breakfast buffet in the morning and several good restaurants were within walking distance. Overall we had a great stay and we highly recommend this hotel to anyone needing a place to stay before or after a cruise.

Original review: March 25, 2018

Embassy Suites in San Antonio, TX 8230 had large airy rooms, awesome buffet breakfast, comfy beds with pull out couch comfort, great prices and clean and eye catching environment with great indoor area with waterfall and green plants. It was quiet and clean as well. And had prompt attention from all staff

Original review: March 23, 2018

Embassy Suites Hotel Lenexa, KS, USA. Rooms and breakfast were a 5. The bar experience was less than perfect though. The area was noisy, the bartender was unhappy, and the customers were out of control. We were not happy. Otherwise, our visit was perfect.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Very nice staff and easy to navigate around the hotel. The color scheme in our room was a plus. They extended a late check-out for us. I would definitely recommend Embassy Suites in Napa, CA and with amendments in my room to the complimentary cocktail at Social Hour. We felt like VIP'S and I am pleased.

Original review: March 21, 2018

The Embassy Suites hotel in Lake Buena Vista was a wonderful hotel to stay in. It was very clean and was located 15 mins from Disney Springs. I spent a week there due to a work conference and my room was a home away from home. Each room was a suite that had a living room area, a compact kitchen which included a sink, microwave and mini-fridge. The bathroom was spacious with plenty of counter space. The separate bedroom had a bonus sink and mirror. The unit contained two flat screen TV's and the complimentary WiFi worked great. The complimentary breakfast every morning was wonderful containing made to order omelets. The hotel also had a restaurant with good food and good prices. And the staff was friendly and very accommodating. I will definitely look to stay at an Embassy Suites in my future travels.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I love Embassy Suites. The one at Columbus, Ohio USA has gracious staff and comfortable rooms. Often staying there for work purposes but this time for pleasure. It was a nice environment for socializing and a great accommodation.The breakfast in the morning was satisfying and the drinks at night were good.

Original review: March 18, 2018

Embassy Suites Hotel San Rafael, CA. The front desk, restaurant, cleaning staff and all were wonderful to converse with and the response when I needed assistance. The room felt as if I was staying in a home and was spotless and the food in the restaurant was 5 stars. Really enjoyed my stay and felt safe. Will stay at the company's other sites, as I enjoyed the experience.

Original review: March 13, 2018

Stayed for five days in Embassy Suites Hotel Portland, Maine and not one bad experience. I was there on vacation and the staff was very helpful in getting me where I wanted to go. The hotel was located right in the middle of great shopping, restaurants and clubs.

Original review: March 12, 2018

Embassy Suites Hotel in Phoenix Arizona failed to Inform others when booking that they had big groups they had no control over and made no attempt to do so or make refund and assist to rebook at another location. There were big ** biker group and ** only buses gathering. Loud, boisterous, racist, intimidating, threatening. Also drugs smoking everywhere. Violations of Arizona Laws governing Smoke Free Arizona. The groups from out of state, mainly California could care less about respecting laws in AZ or others staying at the Embassy Suites. There was discrimination against ** older people who would appreciate a little quiet time to get rest and sleep, the reason you book a hotel room normally. Also hotel will be charging customers more for all the damages and replacement of furnishings.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville SE Murfreesboro, Tennessee "was" a very good property but the facilities have declined. Management seems to be blind to the appearance of the hotel. From the stains on the concrete and trash at the entrance to the worn and soiled furniture upholstery in the lobby this hotel is not as clean as it was. The common area and room carpets were filthy. The bathtub had visible scum buildup. Front desk staff were dressed in wrinkled ill-fitting uniforms.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Embassy Suites Hotel Orlando is very nice and accommodating from morning to evening. With some hotels it takes him a minute to answer the phone but with this hotel they're answering the phone on the first ring and making sure that you are well taken care of.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

If you like a nice peaceful environment to rest your head, do not hesitate to book a room at Embassy Suites Arcadia Ca for your comfort. And while you're at it refer a friend. Pets are also exceptional.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Like the name says suites and they are sweet!!! Pool, hot tub, free drinks for 21 & over. I have stayed in a lot of hotels and every Embassy Suites have been the very best.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I was greeted by polite staff. I was given a map of the plantation to assist me in going places. The room was very clean and had a pleasant fragrance. The ocean view was as described on the website. Buffet breakfast, Starbucks Coffee, indoor pool, transportation to surrounding shops, at no cost, was the ultimate trip. I enjoyed my trip so much I stayed an additional day!!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Found it to be almost like Family. Staff very professional and caring. Found great pleasure of staff remembering you and greeting when returning back to Hotel (St Louis MO). Plus, Happy Hour was the bomb. Able to meet other guests and mingle.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Embassy Suites all around the world are good, but could be cleaner and better maintained. A Kyle happy hour would be appreciated by your guests. Don't disagree with your guests. Be more of "yes" people rather than "no" people. Appreciate our business.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

The representative was very informative and very easy to talk to. She took care of every need that I brought too her attention with even the need for extra blankets and the entertainment in the surrounding areas.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2017

Embassy Suites in Palm Desert, Ca, USA is a very nice place for families and solo travelers as well. The pool is refreshing and they have an excellent breakfast that comes with the room charge. It has a great location with lots of restaurants and other shopping nearby.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

Very good customer service and rooms neat/clean. Great breakfast plus drinks in the evening! Plus great service to the cruise ships but you need to plan airports transportation.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My stay was very comfortable. The food was good, the staff was kind. We had fun no problems from the guest. I would encourage others to stay at the Embassy Hotel in Detroit because it is a good place to stay and it's clean.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2017

I will not stay in any facility that does not provide me with a clean room and bathroom. My room in Nashville, TN was in fact very clean and the bathroom was spotless. Also, courteous staff and fulfilled all our needs.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2017

Overall, the place at Valencia, California, U.S. was clean and neat. The only objections I had was that room service wasn't available 24 hours and they didn't have anything to accommodate special diets.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati, OH. Gave a room directly across from elevator. That room should be used as a linen or broom room. Way too noisy. Light shined in from hallway. One remote for two TVs. No exhaust fan in bathroom! Food in lobby from night before. Not good at all!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Embassy Suites was upfront about the pool renovations. However, there were many other things that were simply not up to par. The TV in the room have very poor reception for many channels. You could not get room service this time of year. You could not even reach the front desk on the phone from your room. The sink in the bedroom had no hot water and was clogged.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The hotel is nice, but would benefit from updates. The bathroom showers are very outdated. The breakfast was nice, the location is close to lots of restaurants and stores, just off the interstate.

Embassy Suites Hotel expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Embassy Suites started in 1983 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. It was acquired by Hilton in 1999 and is one of their full service brands. There are over 200 locations in Canada, Latin America and the United States.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Embassy Suites, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards and enjoy eforea spas at select locations. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Free breakfast: Embassy Suites offers every guest a free, cooked-to-order breakfast. Options include bacon, omelets, potatoes, fresh fruit, sausage and more.

• Evening reception: At the end of each day, Embassy Suites hosts an evening reception. All guests are welcome, and they receive free snacks and light appetizers as well as a variety of alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. Both children and adults are welcome.

• Large rooms: Every room at Embassy Suites is actually a two-room suite. Each room has a flat screen television, so everyone can watch what they want. Other room amenities include a coffeemaker and minibar.

• Family friendly: In 2015, Embassy Suites received a First Place Ranking in the Hotel Brand for Families category from Parents Magazine. Parents can visit the #PrettyGreat Family Travel portion of the Embassy Suites website for tips and travel hacks to make their trip go smoothly.

• Best for: Embassy Suites caters to those looking for extra amenities and spacious accommodations, including families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs