2.43/5
  • 1 star
Based on 70 reviews that contain star ratings
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Sept. 28, 2017

73 Embassy Suites Hotel Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Embassy Suites Hotel Cincinnati, OH. Gave a room directly across from elevator. That room should be used as a linen or broom room. Way too noisy. Light shined in from hallway. One remote for two TVs. No exhaust fan in bathroom! Food in lobby from night before. Not good at all!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Embassy Suites was upfront about the pool renovations. However, there were many other things that were simply not up to par. The TV in the room have very poor reception for many channels. You could not get room service this time of year. You could not even reach the front desk on the phone from your room. The sink in the bedroom had no hot water and was clogged.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The hotel is nice, but would benefit from updates. The bathroom showers are very outdated. The breakfast was nice, the location is close to lots of restaurants and stores, just off the interstate.

Original review: July 29, 2017
My husband, Henry **, made reservations for Tuesday and Wednesday, July 25 and 26, at your Centennial Hotel in downtown Atlanta. He and our grandson

(who is on the autistic spectrum) were taking their annual "guy" trip together and wanted to be within walking distance of the aquarium and other sites in the area. Prior to this trip there was a family gathering in the mountains of NC and, on Saturday, our grandson fell ill with a stomach problem. We thought that he would be better on Sunday, but he was not.

We drove back downstate to Greensboro, NC and called to cancel the reservations. We were told that because there was not a three day notice, only a two day notice, we were going to be charged for one night, which was two hundred and thirty-some dollars. Whoever my husband spoke with was told that it was due to illness but it didn't seem to matter. We were quite surprised, as this had never happened to us... and we are not spring chickens. The trip is now being rescheduled, and Grandpa and our grandson will take their trip. However, according to Grandpa, they will not stay at the Embassy Suites as had been planned. Haven't heard where yet. We understand that rules are rules, but there is also something called human understanding.

Original review: July 22, 2017

First, customer service is TERRIBLE - NOT PROFESSIONAL WHATSOEVER. So to start my husband and I go to Brickyard 400 every year. After last race in 2016, we reserved our hotel for the following years Rave in 2017 at Embassy Suites Indianapolis. My husband is a Hilton Rewards member and splurged for a 2100 sq ft, balcony with city view. He confirmed our reservation with his Hilton rep 2 weeks prior to our arrival date as we live in Ohio and recently found out that in addition to our 1 year old daughter making the trip with us, we also have another one on the way!

A couple of hours before we were to check in a rep from the hotel calls to tell us they have overbooked and there are no longer any rooms available for us to stay in. Also, being the day before Brickyard - no other hotels are able to fit us in either!!! So, we have a packed rental car in which we paid $200 for, tickets to the race and also have to wait 2 freaking weeks to be reimbursed for the room in which we no longer have!!! Never once offered to speak with a manager and to make up for everything - a $50 coupon for our next visit... Let's be real, there will NEVER be a next visit and Embassy Suites can take the coupon and shove it up their you know what. DO NOT RECOMMEND - NOBODY EVER STAY WITH EMBASSY SUITES.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embassy Suites Hotel?

Original review: June 17, 2017

Disrespectful not just toward me as a woman but as a paying CUSTOMER. Made sure I understood that my $4000 I'd spent at the hotel was nothing compared to the $40,000 guest booked he had. Classless, Nasty attitude- he is the exact reason I'll find somewhere else to stay other than Embassy Suites Miami International. Horrible and lazy customer service- is this what the world is coming to? SMH.

Original review: March 8, 2017

Excitedly booked a, what we thought, was going to be a great hotel room for my sister's Bachelorette party. A $200 a night room should have at least free bottled water, working typical amenities, and kind staff members. But instead we purchased the complete piece of crap room for $200. We received a room with a broken toilet seat, a broken flush handle, and a bathroom door that didn't shut. Every time I Sat down on the toilet, it slid to the side and I almost fell a time or two. Walmart must have had a huge sale on seats and your hotel swooped up a few. Could you please pick up a new flush chain while you're there. My finger tips are pruny from having to take the back of the toilet off to lift the chain as everyone in the room had the pleasure of hearing/watching because the door swelled and didn't even fit the frame and shut.

But the not so amazing $200 a night room experience didn't end there. Shower time. Hopped into a cold trickle of water. Played with the different types of shower head sprays to see if that was the issue. Nope. Had the temp all the way on high praying to scald me but instead goosebumps. $200 room, the shower, or lack thereof, the trickle gave me goosebumps, pathetic! I don't even want to complain about the $5.00 bottled water in the room to be purchased. It's 1 freaking bottle of water. Give it away! It's $200 room! We won't even get into the fact of elevators being broke, hotel front desk lady being unkind and rude and having the security officer accommodating us by allowing us to go through the staff kitchen to use their elevator. These issues are typically associated with a $49.99 stay at Motel 6. It's very unfortunate for my sister's special night. The hotel couldn't have been a whole heck of a lot better experience for her and her guests.

Original review: March 5, 2017

Upon check-in, notice there was one front desk attendant checking in people on a busy Saturday afternoon. Had already checked in online as I am a Hilton Honors member but it would not let me have my digital key for some reason. Waited 15-20 minutes to get checked into my room. Went to get a cart and there wasn't any. Front desk said to go to each floor and look around. What???

My stay included an evening reception with drinks and snacks. Asked for a beer and the keg was out. So I asked for the other brand and it ran out as well. That was all they offered. The snack they had were gross. Wasn't even any plates to put them on. My paperwork all said the reception was til 8 pm on Sat so I went back around 7:45 to get my beer since I figured they would have new keg installed. They were closed. The bartender told me they stopped at 7:30 so I showed him my paperwork and app on phone that clearly said 8pm. He said sorry. I asked could he still go ahead and get me my drink since they misinformed. He said he couldn't.

So we decided to order room service. There was no menu in room. I called front desk and she said she could transfer me to room service and they could just tell me what they had. I said "No I want a menu to look over." She said she had a line full of calls and she couldn't deal with this now. I was shocked. I had never been treated this way at a Hilton hotel. I asked for a manager. She finally came to my room, brought me a menu and apologized. So we figured out what we wanted but could not get room service to pick up phone. We gave up and ordered a pizza.

The facility is also old and outdated. No towels at the powder and dirty. Also the bathroom doors at the pool doesn't lock and someone walk in on my wife. This morning I'm trying to call to get more towels in my room. No one will answer at the front desk. I called the main number from my cell and same thing. I never stayed at a Hilton brand hotel where nobody will answer phone. Oh and guess what? Can't find a cart for luggage to leave now. Terrible place. NEVER STAY HERE. It's awful.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

It was very nice. I really enjoyed my time. The food was so great. People who worked there were helpful and very nice. Had a nice pool for me to swim in. The rooms we stayed in were just gorgeous. I wish we could live there. I thought it's such a great hotel. Def worth the money and I highly recommend checking it out someday. You will not regret staying here. One of the best hotels to stay at. The rewards program is awesome. Best rewards program I've ever been a part of and trust me when I say its the best because I'm a part of a lot of rewards program and none are better than this one. The customer service is fantastic. Everyone works really hard to show you a great time and everyone is very friendly there and does their job good.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

It was very nice and clean. I would recommend it to everyone. The service was great. It was quiet and restful. The breakfast buffet was nice and the spread was incredible. The pool was cool and refreshing. They offer free drinks in the afternoon from 5p-730p. Free wifi. They offered cable TV. And as I mentioned before the breakfast buffet is incredible. Everyone was so cordial and friendly. The rewards are accompanied if you stay for so many accommodations. And with the amenities offered you would come again, and again, and before you know it you receive free nights. Aw yes, you cant help but to love the service with every guest. They are very friendly, and they seem to go out of their way to keep the guest happy.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2016

The room was very clean, clean shower, clean towels and wash clothes. The bedding was very clean. The pillowcases were spotless, the carpets were very clean. I loved my stay here. I loved having a restaurant in the hotel. So if I wanted a bite to eat, I didn't have to go far. I also loved having a conference room to do my meetings. I loved having a printer available to me too. Also I loved the pool. Very nice rewards program. A added bonus. Very nice touch. Loved staying here and loved getting a reward for it. I highly recommend joining. The customer service was outstanding. The people are very nice. If you need something they are more than happy to bring it to your room so you don't have to leave your room. If you need something all you do is call them and they will bring it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2016

It was very neat, clean, and tidy. It smelled fresh, very special place to use. Nice fancy rooms. Very bright and refreshing. I would use again. Free wifi, free lighted parking lot, very nice place, free breakfast bar, very good food. Lots of free brochures, full of nice, helpful people. Very nice rewards perks, lots of advantages. Would use more often when I can use my rewards. Very beneficial, well worth it. You can earn lots of things. Very happy, nice, Courteous staff members. Very helpful people. Waited on us, good providers. Very knowledgeable staff. I would definitely recommend.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2016

I love how every time I visit an Embassy Suites, I can expect a clean room and clean facilities. They truly do set the bar high with how clean they keep things. Oh my word, if you have not had their breakfasts or happy hours, you must try them. I would go to an Embassy Suites specifically so I could have an omelet. It is one of the best rewards programs out there with many opportunities to earn bonus points towards a stay at one of their hotels. They have a very nice staff for customer service. They have always been so helpful and sympathetic towards whatever situation came up. They will meet you halfway.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2016

Very clean. They take their time in making sure everything is perfect. It's well worth the money for me personally. I would highly recommend it for my family and friends... as well as anybody who wants to get away and travel. They offer a lot of amenities like free continental breakfast or breakfast the way you want it. Or they offer drinks and snacks and towels. Very nice that they take the time to offer people things. Their rewards program is rewarding and basic. It is simple to use and it is not complicated at all. I would highly recommend it because the value is worth it. They take their time to find out what you need and what you want. If you need help, they are always available to make sure they can give it to you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

Beautifully clean. Kept to the highest expectations of cleanliness. Everything shined as if it was brand-new. The indoor koi fish pond was marvelously clean, as if it was put in just hours before. There was an indoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, a gym, and the Continental breakfast offered was delicious. Room service was on point as well. They were friendly, caring, compassionate staff that were eager to help at a moment's notice. If you asked they tried their best to grant your wishes.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2016

The place was clean to my satisfaction. I love the placement of things in the hotel, the thorough cleaning the staffs does in the morning. My room was properly taken care of in the morning of the next day that I slept so I will conclude by saying that I love their cleanliness. They got good environment, fine serenity, good staff support and nice equipment. Everything about the amenities to me is mind blowing and satisfying. The customer service was excellent, magnificent and mind blowing. I really appreciated the way they attended to me and I would always go there over and over again.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2016

The hotel was clean, smell nice. We really enjoyed it. The hired help was wonderful. They treated us very well. They carried our luggage. Was very nice. Our room was fixed up really nice. We really enjoyed ourselves for wedding anniversary. They use nice bed robes with our initials on them and the breakfast, lunch and dinner was wonderful. They surprised me with lovely red roses and rose paddles in the tub. I really enjoy it. My husband and I received the royal treatment. At least to us it was the royal treatment. They gave half from our room and breakfast. They treated us lovely. The customer service were wonderful. They treated us well. Everything asked for we received. I mean it was a wonderful experience. We didn't run into any problems at all. THEY WERE GREAT.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

Everything appeared to be clean. Needed some paint and curtains a bit dusty. Beds and bathrooms were clean. TV worked fine and room was very large and a lot of room. Extra room included a refrigerator mini one anyway. Also had a sofa and a second television in a separate room from the bed. People and staff were very friendly although processes seemed a bit slow.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2016

Nice place, clean rooms and lobby. Housekeeping thorough and timely. Nice breakfast. Not just coffee and a muffin. Pool appeared clean and well taken care of. Laundry on the floor. Glass elevator. Water bottle in the free refrigerator when we arrived. Like separate living room and pull out couch for privacy. Internet in the room. Definitely would stay again. Lots of extras. Free breakfast. Omelette bar. Fresh fruit. Nice little pub. Happy hour and social events. Wifi in rooms. Printer in lobby to print your boarding pass. Everyone was very helpful and courteous. They were able to direct us to local establishments for meals, entertainment and souvenirs. Easy parking with big lot that was not too overcrowded where I feel rental car might get damaged. Easy check in even though it was 3am.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

It's one of the few hotels I've stayed at where the rooms are always clean, pleasant. Sheets seems fresh, bathrooms clean, clean towels. The maids do a great job at upkeep. Never have had a complaint when staying there. They have the cleanest rooms, the most comfortable beds. You kind of feel the luxury when you stay there. Free wifi, flat screen tv, soft sheets, comfortable clean beds. The desk clerks are very helpful. You want for nothing. I've never had a hotel come close to their standards.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

Hotels are never super clean. This one was an exception. Very clean both in the bedroom area and in the bathroom area. There was very little hair and dust but smelled clean and fresh. Had a good complimentary breakfast. Hotel was quiet and room service was polite. Had free wifi and television in the rooms along with an exercise room near the lobby. Had great customer service for the whole Visit. From when we checked in to when we realized we forgot toothpaste to when they came to clean our room every employee was very respectful.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

The hotel lobby was very clean. The room was clean and organized. Most important. The restroom was clean and sanitized. We really enjoyed the room service food and the service. Fully supplied with all of the restroom soaps, towels, shampoo and lotion. Received the newspaper in the morning as requested. Very pleased with all of the extras. The rewards program is great. The more I stay the more points and benefits. Love the free room offers I can use in other locations. Makes it easier to take family vacations. All of the staff was very courteous and friendly. I had a problem one time with my room key and an employee just walking by called the front desk and they brought me a new key. I was very impressed with that.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2016

It smelled like smoke. I am a nonsmoker. It was disgusting. The carpet looks like it needs replaced - is a grungy look and feel to it both in hallways and rooms. I did not even want my socks to touch the floors. I wish they would of provided more. I did not have any things in my rooms to accommodate my needs. For the price I pay to rent the room give me what I need. The customer service desk people were slow to respond to my needs. They wouldn't even put their phone down long enough to look me in the eye much less give a smile and acknowledge me like I should be.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2016

Embassy Suites was extremely clean and friendly during our vacation up and down the east coast. We stayed at several Embassy Suites and were impressed with the high quality of all of them. We appreciated the free coffee and breakfasts that we received with Embassy Suites and we really appreciated the beautiful clean rooms that our large family was able to stay in. The customer service at all of the Embassy Suites that we have stayed at has always been extremely welcoming and friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding area.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2016

Very clean. The room was very comfortable. The bathrooms and room were cleaned up nice. There wasn't anything negative that I could see and the bedding was nice, clean and made up. There was great breakfast with a chef ready to make omelets to order and a reception in the evening for the guest with all kinds of snacks and drinks. You get so many points after so many stays and nights. I haven't earned a free night or anything yet but they offer a lot of perks especially if you get their credit card or something like that. The customer service was great. They informed me of everything and was able to answer my questions in depth. They were very knowledgeable on things which is a plus.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

All of the rooms that I have stayed in are always exceptionally clean. If I spill something, I call the desk and they send someone up immediately to clean it up. All cleaning personal are very nice and courteous. I love that they have Wi-Fi available for no extra charge, and I like that they have a morning "snack" as I would call it. Fresh coffee, bagels, muffins, etc. From the moment I walk in I am welcomed with friendly staff that always has a smile on their face. The clerks at the desk are always very accommodating to my needs and wants. I love how when I ask for a wake-up call, that when they call, they sounds so sweet like a mother trying wake their child. It starts my day off with a really good feeling.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2016

It meet my cleanliness approval, I don't feel like I have to watch where I am touching when I stay here because it smells and feel clean when I step into the room. It is like a home away from home. Just like most of the inns it has every amenities I need whether I am on business or vacation. I enjoy staying here, it helps me relax and enjoy my time in a city that I can explore at my leisure. Even though I don't belong to this rewards program, the employees get some kind of discount. I have once stay here using my friend employee discount, I totally enjoyed my stay. It wouldn't be one of the top chain if it wasn't for the outstanding customer service. The staff are neat and professional, they know what they are doing. Makes my stay feels comfortable.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

The bathrooms were immaculate, which is something I really appreciate. You could smell the freshness of the sheets and the comforters were also very clean, which is one thing I always check. Fresh towels were provided every day and the linens were also changed daily. There was free Wi-Fi in the room which helped when we were looking for local areas of interest. The desk was large enough that you could use your laptop and still have room for brochures and a notepad. The swimming pool was very clean, although we didn't use it. There is also an onsite restaurant where we had breakfast one morning and it was above average.

We don't belong to the rewards program as we are not really frequent travelers. My son-in-law often travels for business and he is a member. It qualifies him for early check in and reduced room rates. The people at the front desk were very welcoming. They offered us tips on what to see in the area and great area restaurants. We did order room service one evening and it came quickly and the food was at the proper temperature. The cleaning staff was discreet and our room always looked wonderful when we came back after a long day of sightseeing.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

Was very clean and was not messy at all. Everything was vacuumed and washed and wasn't like low budget motels I had been to in the past. Had great amenities. Had wifi and free breakfast which I thought were great. Customer service was friendly and helpful. Helped me with any questions I had and was able to book the room promptly and easily by just calling ahead of time, so it was a good experience dealing with customer service.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2016

The hotel was very clean. The lobby and rooms were well kept. Everything was in place and organized. I am happy with how clean everything was. Everything work and was as described. No issues or complaints. It was a great stay and a great experience. I will be happy to stay again. We do not stay enough for a rewards program. I do have friends that are a part of it and they are very satisfied with all that the program has to offer. Customer service was great. Everything exceeded our expectations. We have no complaints and can not wait for our next stay. I recommend.

Embassy Suites Hotel expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Embassy Suites started in 1983 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. It was acquired by Hilton in 1999 and is one of their full service brands. There are over 200 locations in Canada, Latin America and the United States.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Embassy Suites, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards and enjoy eforea spas at select locations. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Free breakfast: Embassy Suites offers every guest a free, cooked-to-order breakfast. Options include bacon, omelets, potatoes, fresh fruit, sausage and more.

• Evening reception: At the end of each day, Embassy Suites hosts an evening reception. All guests are welcome, and they receive free snacks and light appetizers as well as a variety of alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. Both children and adults are welcome.

• Large rooms: Every room at Embassy Suites is actually a two-room suite. Each room has a flat screen television, so everyone can watch what they want. Other room amenities include a coffeemaker and minibar.

• Family friendly: In 2015, Embassy Suites received a First Place Ranking in the Hotel Brand for Families category from Parents Magazine. Parents can visit the #PrettyGreat Family Travel portion of the Embassy Suites website for tips and travel hacks to make their trip go smoothly.

• Best for: Embassy Suites caters to those looking for extra amenities and spacious accommodations, including families.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs