2. Travel
  3. Hotel Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.68/5

Embassy Suites Hotel Reviews

Original review: March 30, 2020

I booked the room through Reservation Center for the Valley Forge Pa location. I was charged twice, once through Embassy & another through Reservations Center. Before the date, Reservation Center charged my credit card. When we arrived at the hotel, Embassy took a card for any damages. Needless to say, there were no damages. At the end of stay, the receipt showed the incidental card was charged for the stay. I worked with Embassy Suites more than once. I worked with Reservation Center. They blamed each other. Embassy Suites maintained it was "impossible" to be charged twice. Embassy Suites claimed there was no one else to speak with about the charges and they could not help. Lastly I tried with the credit card company to dispute the claim. In the end, we were charged twice for one room.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2020

Where do I start? I paid over $450 for a 2-room stay for my family at the Embassy Suites, Independence, Ohio. What a total disappointment all the way around. My room ended up with no air or heat. It took 5 hours and 5-6 tries to finally get maintenance to check out the issue. We ended up having to move rooms at 11:00 at night and on different floor from my other family members. Front desk did nothing but talk about how much I complained about the room and did not help out. They had nothing at all for the New Year celebration and this location was filled with hoodlums and police to break up fights and the threat of a shooting. I am disgusted with the Embassy Suites. The manager said we would get some kind of compensation but we received nothing at all. I will make sure that everyone knows not to go to the Embassy Suites because they are low class and liars and not customer service friendly.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

One elevator shut down the 3 days we were there. The bathtub would not drain. I called front desk but no one ever fixed it! The TV was terrible. Could not communicate with employees because of language barriers! Dirty dishes in hallways all day. People had their doors propped open and very loud. I will not stay at Embassy Suites again!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

Always love going to the Embassy Suites, my grandmother use take us here as a "girl's camping trip" when I was a little girl. I recently stayed here earlier this month for my birthday...eh it was ok. As well as earlier this year, nothing special, the breakfast isn't any better...and the upgrades need to continue throughout the rest of the place.

But the reason why I am sharing my review today is simply because just 2 days ago I had contacted this location to make a reservation in hopes of checking in within the next 15 minutes (I was down the street and needed a room immediately). The representative who I spoke to was very quick to take my payment and ensured me that I would be able to check in right away (early check in). I was then transferred to the front desk to request my early check in because I was arriving to the hotel within seconds. I quickly found out there was no availability after just speaking with a different representative (who also failed to tell me any penalty for canceling my reservation). The front desk rep. was unable to locate my reservation (since I just made it), very frustrated by then...long story short. I waited an hour to contact the hotel front desk again to request for a refund and cancel my reservation.

The 3rd lady I spoke to that my card would not be charged until I checked in. I let her know that I wanted to cancel my reservation and I will no longer be needing it. She confirmed again no charges would be made to be card. Well, I was looking over my bank statements - and I was charged $210 and some change. I quickly contacted customer service through the Hilton site after 30 minutes and 2 agents later they are now investigating this issue and will let me know within 72 hours if I am going to be refunded or not.

The customer experience that I have had has been horrible and I never expected to have to deal with this kind of service from the Embassy Suites, as I use to love this place when I was little, and even earlier this month the experience was still better than this any day. Very disappointed, with the Milpitas location so run down and no upgrades to the rooms - I most definitely do not recommend the Embassy Suites by Hilton Milpitas Silicon Valley to anyone.

I should have never been charged or been made aware of the penalties for cancelling my reservation. I mean the room was $255 and they charged my card $210? Rather than the representative who took my payment over the phone and I requesting specific accommodations, I would have appreciated it if she told me there was not going to be any rooms available. On top of everything - I never received an e-mail confirmation and or a cancellation e-mail.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2019

My son and I stayed there on Aug 14-16, 2019. The happy hour and breakfast were great. The staff was friendly and helpful. Unfortunately the condition of the hotel was well below my expectations of an Embassy Suite. There was black around the tub. The furniture was aged and banged up. The halls had missing trim and peeling wallpaper. Needs a lot of work.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embassy Suites Hotel?

Original review: July 22, 2019

I stayed at this hotel from 07/17/2019-07/21/2019. My room was not serviced one single day while we stayed at this hotel for a large family reunion (room under name Maurice ** my son in law). I called and complained every single day about no housekeeping in the room, no clean sheets and water leaking in the room. They would send someone up to provide the items but still, never service the room not one single day.

Upon checking out I was advised I was being charged a 250$ smoking fee for smoking ** in the room. I AM IN MY 50S AND HAVE NEVER SMOKED a day in my life. I told them they must be crazy or smelt it from another room. My grandkids were staying with me during the family reunion. My daughter came to my room one day with legal ** in her pockets. (Again it's legal and she is a medical card carrier). No one ever smoked in the room. Not once and she told the staff about it being in her bag out of common courtesy because that's how she was raised. They had this information on Wednesday and still chose never to tell us their assumption and reason for not servicing our room even though I asked daily.

We were treated horribly and I told them to come to the room with me because there was no way there was a smoke smell because I don't/can't/won't and would smoke nor let anyone else smoke in my room. I am completely handicap and on social security because I can barely walk due to a back injury. I was told by staff that if the housekeeping said you were smoking they wouldn't have to service your room and that is exactly what they did. I repeatedly have tried to contact corporate and the hotel to get this straightened out to no avail.. We were treated horrible and we were charged a crazy fee for no reason whatsoever.

Original review: May 19, 2019

I inadvertently made a mistake while making reservation for my wife and I to stay at the Embassy Suites by the Minneapolis Airport, instead of the Embassy Suites Bloomington. They both are in Bloomington, so that's why the mistake was made. Once I realized it, I called the number to see if the reservation could just be transferred from the first hotel to the second. "No", was the answer to that question. How about a refund, since I just made the reservation 15 minutes ago? Another "No." I asked the guy if there is any way around this. He said for me to call the hotel that the reservation was made at and get the name, and position of the person I called, and they would process the claim. That was a month ago. No refund. I tried disputing it with my credit card, and that also got me nowhere.

$148.84 of my money down the drain. That's the very last dollar that Embassy Suites, or any Hilton will ever see from me. I will let plenty of others know that the "No-Refund" policy means from the second you hit the button. If something is wrong and you make that click, they will have your money and will get nothing at all in return. The credit card won't even stick up for you. You lose.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

I'd already had an issue with being hung up on by someone I was connected with to ask a few questions, before my stay. After deciding it was more important to be in the same hotel as my friend/bride to be, my friend and I paid the $280 [total cost rate, fees, taxes, parking] a night. Stayed 2 nights. The bathroom was disgusting and common areas consistently had trash and food scattered about. There was black mold and water staining in the shower, residual hair in the corners of the floor/shower and on the lavatory. Candy wrappers and empty drink bottles on furniture surfaces and pizza crust on the floor in the middle of the hallway.

We also couldn't get the room to cool to our liking. An after hours security guard was sent to reset thermostat, but couldn't help with the situation. I'm not one to be a complainer, but when spending this kind of money it should be a better experience and less of a health risk. I've never stayed in a hotel that had a bathroom this disgusting and an overall building this unkempt. It's unfortunate that this building is this well-designed, has great views, and overall has a lot going for it, but cleanliness is an opportunity. I spent money at the rooftop bar, so even if they issue a refund, they still made money off me.

I’ve had correspondence from Hilton corporate that want to give me a nights stay at a property. I’m not interested. All the emails are generic templates, not personal. One email from corporate says DEFAULT in the subject line. I am asking for a full refund... The saga continues days later. Ultimately, I’ll dispute this with the bank. Typically, I stay at Marriotts and will continue to do so... This was a one off due to supporting a best friend. Originally, I was dissatisfied and am becoming more and more dissatisfied with how this is being handled.

Original review: July 11, 2018

This hotel was disgustingly dirty, the mattresses and furniture was stained, the toilet in room 401 wasn’t working, room 522 the pull out couch was filthy, I refused to stay there with my family, instead I ended up paying $195 to stay at another hotel. The manager of the hotel inspected the room and agreed she wouldn't stay there with her children either. She assured I'd receive a refund, called today and she explained she just issued the refund today 3 days later, I am not confident. They also charged my card $25 for incidentals, we never stayed there, the manager explained today it could take 3 to 5 days. This trip caused me aggravation and over $250.

On Monday I went work and ended up hospitalized and required to take two days off work. I spent Saturday night on the phone with Hilton, phone disconnections and no reasonable resolution was offered, my trip was ruined. Lastly the room and hotel advertised was not the same false advertisement at its best, I was misled, no way this hotel was worth $245 a night. I feel betrayed by Expedia and I am very disappointed in Hilton. Hilton execs visit your Montgomery Alabama Hotel, it is a reflection of your company. I am a Native NY’er and I am ashamed of your Embassy Suites, manager says you’re under renovation, shut it down until you do, and stop the fake advertisement. Take care of your customers, you're failing.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Such a pretty and expensive hotel, however beware of the Jacuzzi and customer service. Two days after we left my daughter broke out with a rash all over her chest and back. Doctor said it was called a hot tub rash. He said it was caused by a Jacuzzi that was not properly maintained. When I called the hotel about it, the front desk asked me to hold for a manager. They then proceeded to put me on a loop that kept sending me to a voicemail. After 30 min, I finally just left a message. They never got back to me. I expected a lot better from such a major hotel.

Embassy Suites Hotel author review by ConsumerAffairs

Embassy Suites started in 1983 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. It was acquired by Hilton in 1999 and is one of their full service brands. There are over 200 locations in Canada, Latin America and the United States.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Embassy Suites, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards and enjoy eforea spas at select locations. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Free breakfast: Embassy Suites offers every guest a free, cooked-to-order breakfast. Options include bacon, omelets, potatoes, fresh fruit, sausage and more.

• Evening reception: At the end of each day, Embassy Suites hosts an evening reception. All guests are welcome, and they receive free snacks and light appetizers as well as a variety of alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. Both children and adults are welcome.

• Large rooms: Every room at Embassy Suites is actually a two-room suite. Each room has a flat screen television, so everyone can watch what they want. Other room amenities include a coffeemaker and minibar.

• Family friendly: In 2015, Embassy Suites received a First Place Ranking in the Hotel Brand for Families category from Parents Magazine. Parents can visit the #PrettyGreat Family Travel portion of the Embassy Suites website for tips and travel hacks to make their trip go smoothly.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team