Embassy Suites Hotel

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

It was very nice. I really enjoyed my time. The food was so great. People who worked there were helpful and very nice. Had a nice pool for me to swim in. The rooms we stayed in were just gorgeous. I wish we could live there. I thought it's such a great hotel. Def worth the money and I highly recommend checking it out someday. You will not regret staying here. One of the best hotels to stay at. The rewards program is awesome. Best rewards program I've ever been a part of and trust me when I say its the best because I'm a part of a lot of rewards program and none are better than this one. The customer service is fantastic. Everyone works really hard to show you a great time and everyone is very friendly there and does their job good.

It was very nice and clean. I would recommend it to everyone. The service was great. It was quiet and restful. The breakfast buffet was nice and the spread was incredible. The pool was cool and refreshing. They offer free drinks in the afternoon from 5p-730p. Free wifi. They offered cable TV. And as I mentioned before the breakfast buffet is incredible. Everyone was so cordial and friendly. The rewards are accompanied if you stay for so many accommodations. And with the amenities offered you would come again, and again, and before you know it you receive free nights. Aw yes, you cant help but to love the service with every guest. They are very friendly, and they seem to go out of their way to keep the guest happy.

The room was very clean, clean shower, clean towels and wash clothes. The bedding was very clean. The pillowcases were spotless, the carpets were very clean. I loved my stay here. I loved having a restaurant in the hotel. So if I wanted a bite to eat, I didn't have to go far. I also loved having a conference room to do my meetings. I loved having a printer available to me too. Also I loved the pool. Very nice rewards program. A added bonus. Very nice touch. Loved staying here and loved getting a reward for it. I highly recommend joining. The customer service was outstanding. The people are very nice. If you need something they are more than happy to bring it to your room so you don't have to leave your room. If you need something all you do is call them and they will bring it.

It was very neat, clean, and tidy. It smelled fresh, very special place to use. Nice fancy rooms. Very bright and refreshing. I would use again. Free wifi, free lighted parking lot, very nice place, free breakfast bar, very good food. Lots of free brochures, full of nice, helpful people. Very nice rewards perks, lots of advantages. Would use more often when I can use my rewards. Very beneficial, well worth it. You can earn lots of things. Very happy, nice, Courteous staff members. Very helpful people. Waited on us, good providers. Very knowledgeable staff. I would definitely recommend.

I love how every time I visit an Embassy Suites, I can expect a clean room and clean facilities. They truly do set the bar high with how clean they keep things. Oh my word, if you have not had their breakfasts or happy hours, you must try them. I would go to an Embassy Suites specifically so I could have an omelet. It is one of the best rewards programs out there with many opportunities to earn bonus points towards a stay at one of their hotels. They have a very nice staff for customer service. They have always been so helpful and sympathetic towards whatever situation came up. They will meet you halfway.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Embassy Suites Hotel?

Very clean. They take their time in making sure everything is perfect. It's well worth the money for me personally. I would highly recommend it for my family and friends... as well as anybody who wants to get away and travel. They offer a lot of amenities like free continental breakfast or breakfast the way you want it. Or they offer drinks and snacks and towels. Very nice that they take the time to offer people things. Their rewards program is rewarding and basic. It is simple to use and it is not complicated at all. I would highly recommend it because the value is worth it. They take their time to find out what you need and what you want. If you need help, they are always available to make sure they can give it to you.

Beautifully clean. Kept to the highest expectations of cleanliness. Everything shined as if it was brand-new. The indoor koi fish pond was marvelously clean, as if it was put in just hours before. There was an indoor pool, a sauna, a steam room, a gym, and the Continental breakfast offered was delicious. Room service was on point as well. They were friendly, caring, compassionate staff that were eager to help at a moment's notice. If you asked they tried their best to grant your wishes.

The place was clean to my satisfaction. I love the placement of things in the hotel, the thorough cleaning the staffs does in the morning. My room was properly taken care of in the morning of the next day that I slept so I will conclude by saying that I love their cleanliness. They got good environment, fine serenity, good staff support and nice equipment. Everything about the amenities to me is mind blowing and satisfying. The customer service was excellent, magnificent and mind blowing. I really appreciated the way they attended to me and I would always go there over and over again.

The hotel was clean, smell nice. We really enjoyed it. The hired help was wonderful. They treated us very well. They carried our luggage. Was very nice. Our room was fixed up really nice. We really enjoyed ourselves for wedding anniversary. They use nice bed robes with our initials on them and the breakfast, lunch and dinner was wonderful. They surprised me with lovely red roses and rose paddles in the tub. I really enjoy it. My husband and I received the royal treatment. At least to us it was the royal treatment. They gave half from our room and breakfast. They treated us lovely. The customer service were wonderful. They treated us well. Everything asked for we received. I mean it was a wonderful experience. We didn't run into any problems at all. THEY WERE GREAT.

Everything appeared to be clean. Needed some paint and curtains a bit dusty. Beds and bathrooms were clean. TV worked fine and room was very large and a lot of room. Extra room included a refrigerator mini one anyway. Also had a sofa and a second television in a separate room from the bed. People and staff were very friendly although processes seemed a bit slow.

Nice place, clean rooms and lobby. Housekeeping thorough and timely. Nice breakfast. Not just coffee and a muffin. Pool appeared clean and well taken care of. Laundry on the floor. Glass elevator. Water bottle in the free refrigerator when we arrived. Like separate living room and pull out couch for privacy. Internet in the room. Definitely would stay again. Lots of extras. Free breakfast. Omelette bar. Fresh fruit. Nice little pub. Happy hour and social events. Wifi in rooms. Printer in lobby to print your boarding pass. Everyone was very helpful and courteous. They were able to direct us to local establishments for meals, entertainment and souvenirs. Easy parking with big lot that was not too overcrowded where I feel rental car might get damaged. Easy check in even though it was 3am.

It's one of the few hotels I've stayed at where the rooms are always clean, pleasant. Sheets seems fresh, bathrooms clean, clean towels. The maids do a great job at upkeep. Never have had a complaint when staying there. They have the cleanest rooms, the most comfortable beds. You kind of feel the luxury when you stay there. Free wifi, flat screen tv, soft sheets, comfortable clean beds. The desk clerks are very helpful. You want for nothing. I've never had a hotel come close to their standards.

Hotels are never super clean. This one was an exception. Very clean both in the bedroom area and in the bathroom area. There was very little hair and dust but smelled clean and fresh. Had a good complimentary breakfast. Hotel was quiet and room service was polite. Had free wifi and television in the rooms along with an exercise room near the lobby. Had great customer service for the whole Visit. From when we checked in to when we realized we forgot toothpaste to when they came to clean our room every employee was very respectful.

The hotel lobby was very clean. The room was clean and organized. Most important. The restroom was clean and sanitized. We really enjoyed the room service food and the service. Fully supplied with all of the restroom soaps, towels, shampoo and lotion. Received the newspaper in the morning as requested. Very pleased with all of the extras. The rewards program is great. The more I stay the more points and benefits. Love the free room offers I can use in other locations. Makes it easier to take family vacations. All of the staff was very courteous and friendly. I had a problem one time with my room key and an employee just walking by called the front desk and they brought me a new key. I was very impressed with that.

It smelled like smoke. I am a nonsmoker. It was disgusting. The carpet looks like it needs replaced - is a grungy look and feel to it both in hallways and rooms. I did not even want my socks to touch the floors. I wish they would of provided more. I did not have any things in my rooms to accommodate my needs. For the price I pay to rent the room give me what I need. The customer service desk people were slow to respond to my needs. They wouldn't even put their phone down long enough to look me in the eye much less give a smile and acknowledge me like I should be.

Embassy Suites was extremely clean and friendly during our vacation up and down the east coast. We stayed at several Embassy Suites and were impressed with the high quality of all of them. We appreciated the free coffee and breakfasts that we received with Embassy Suites and we really appreciated the beautiful clean rooms that our large family was able to stay in. The customer service at all of the Embassy Suites that we have stayed at has always been extremely welcoming and friendly and knowledgeable of the surrounding area.

Very clean. The room was very comfortable. The bathrooms and room were cleaned up nice. There wasn't anything negative that I could see and the bedding was nice, clean and made up. There was great breakfast with a chef ready to make omelets to order and a reception in the evening for the guest with all kinds of snacks and drinks. You get so many points after so many stays and nights. I haven't earned a free night or anything yet but they offer a lot of perks especially if you get their credit card or something like that. The customer service was great. They informed me of everything and was able to answer my questions in depth. They were very knowledgeable on things which is a plus.

All of the rooms that I have stayed in are always exceptionally clean. If I spill something, I call the desk and they send someone up immediately to clean it up. All cleaning personal are very nice and courteous. I love that they have Wi-Fi available for no extra charge, and I like that they have a morning "snack" as I would call it. Fresh coffee, bagels, muffins, etc. From the moment I walk in I am welcomed with friendly staff that always has a smile on their face. The clerks at the desk are always very accommodating to my needs and wants. I love how when I ask for a wake-up call, that when they call, they sounds so sweet like a mother trying wake their child. It starts my day off with a really good feeling.

It meet my cleanliness approval, I don't feel like I have to watch where I am touching when I stay here because it smells and feel clean when I step into the room. It is like a home away from home. Just like most of the inns it has every amenities I need whether I am on business or vacation. I enjoy staying here, it helps me relax and enjoy my time in a city that I can explore at my leisure. Even though I don't belong to this rewards program, the employees get some kind of discount. I have once stay here using my friend employee discount, I totally enjoyed my stay. It wouldn't be one of the top chain if it wasn't for the outstanding customer service. The staff are neat and professional, they know what they are doing. Makes my stay feels comfortable.

The bathrooms were immaculate, which is something I really appreciate. You could smell the freshness of the sheets and the comforters were also very clean, which is one thing I always check. Fresh towels were provided every day and the linens were also changed daily. There was free Wi-Fi in the room which helped when we were looking for local areas of interest. The desk was large enough that you could use your laptop and still have room for brochures and a notepad. The swimming pool was very clean, although we didn't use it. There is also an onsite restaurant where we had breakfast one morning and it was above average.

We don't belong to the rewards program as we are not really frequent travelers. My son-in-law often travels for business and he is a member. It qualifies him for early check in and reduced room rates. The people at the front desk were very welcoming. They offered us tips on what to see in the area and great area restaurants. We did order room service one evening and it came quickly and the food was at the proper temperature. The cleaning staff was discreet and our room always looked wonderful when we came back after a long day of sightseeing.

Was very clean and was not messy at all. Everything was vacuumed and washed and wasn't like low budget motels I had been to in the past. Had great amenities. Had wifi and free breakfast which I thought were great. Customer service was friendly and helpful. Helped me with any questions I had and was able to book the room promptly and easily by just calling ahead of time, so it was a good experience dealing with customer service.

The hotel was very clean. The lobby and rooms were well kept. Everything was in place and organized. I am happy with how clean everything was. Everything work and was as described. No issues or complaints. It was a great stay and a great experience. I will be happy to stay again. We do not stay enough for a rewards program. I do have friends that are a part of it and they are very satisfied with all that the program has to offer. Customer service was great. Everything exceeded our expectations. We have no complaints and can not wait for our next stay. I recommend.

Clean suite, very spacious. Enough room for our 2 granddaughters to stay with. Polite and friendly staff. Wonderful breakfast and happy hour. The swimming pool was clean and updated. We never had trouble finding a parking place, and this hotel is located near many restaurants and bars. Our room was cleaned every day, and after 3 nights there, we requested our sheets to be changed and they were. We stayed at this hotel 4 times in 4 months, we would recommend it to everyone.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I have had communication with embassy suites in Chicago. Rasha reached out to me after I responded to an email from embassy suites stating they would give me $50 per night back. my return email stated I did not agree with those terms and that I had contacted consumer affairs where I left a review and my sister-in-law left a bad review on their website. after speaking with Rasha who was very kind and understood what had transpired. she stated that she would give me a few days to remove the reviews and that she would authorize a refund to what we had agreed upon verbally. she wanted to correct the issue and was amenable to a compromise. I tried to remove this review completely but it would not let me. the hotel itself was very clean and organized. the rooms were very spacious and the staff was very helpful.

DEBORAH of Bowling Green, OH on

Original Review

My sister-in-law made plans to take my daughter and I to Chicago. She did not have time to find a hotel so I offered to do it. I checked online for hotels close to the Magnificent Mile. I called several hotels and found the Embassy Suites by Hilton Magnificent Mile. I spoke to a reservation person, which I believe was not through the hotel but through the main reservations. She was really nice and knew what I was looking for. She stayed on the line while I communicated with my sister-in-law to see if the amount was feasible. In the meantime, I tried to hang up and stated I would call back if we wanted it. I wish I would have done what I originally planned. The woman stated this was the last room left and that it could be gone by the time I called back. That is the reason I stayed on the phone. She convinced me this would guarantee us the room.

I know I told her what I saw the room for online and she stated she could give me the room for that price $184/Night. I would never book a room for anything more than $200. I thought "wow" she is really nice to let me stay on the phone with her and what a deal I was getting the room for... 2 beds in separate room, free breakfast made to order, manager meet and greet in the evening with appetizers. She was telling me all this while I was waiting for my sister-in-law to text me back with the okay and card info. Well let me tell you what they did. We found out after we got back that she was charged $484/Night. We did the key drop and I do not know what my sister-in-law was told at the counter when we checked in, (which was nothing as to the price). What a coincidence $184/484. Add tax to the later amount and it's over $500. The room is not worth $500 a night.

I have been trying to get to the bottom of this by calling but the people at Embassy Suites and they state that is what was agreed on. I was sent a confirmation email but I had just emptied all my old mail to make room on my phone. I tried asking them to resend me the confirmation as I told them I needed it for work. I was given the runaround. Call this number or this number. Nobody could produce the confirmation email. It's a scam I believe (my opinion). My sister-in-law is LIVID as that is not what she thought she was going to be charged. As a single mother I now have to cough up at least one night because I cannot make her pay for it all. Any suggestions on where to go to next? Headquarters, I can't seem to find the money. Confirmation number below. This was the weekend of July 15th & 16th.

Well, my brother in law Rev. Rickey ** reserved the Suite 811/NKSP on 5/21/16. We checked in at 4:06 pm. When I got into my room the pillowcases were never changed. They had makeup on them. The room had no ironing board. It took at least 4 to five calls or more to get room assistance. And after that my phone did not work all night - I guess they turned it off. Such a poor hotel. The staff in the am had terrible attitude - when I ask for the corporate number they told me to go online and google it.... My name is Catherine ** and I hope that you will retrain your staff on customer service in the hotel because they definitely need it.

Customer service rep- Tina- VERY RUDE and disrespectful! When called to mention to her boss, the manager, TJ **, excused her unprofessional behavior and was not very nice himself. It seems as if this property does not value customers with their service. I would not recommend a wild ANIMAL to stay here. If you are looking for a nice, clean, safe place, and enjoyable place to stay, this property would not be the best choice for you.

I stayed at Embassy Suites San Francisco South for one night. The room was paid through Expedia however, I was charged $175 in incidentals. 3 days after my stay I called to ask when I would be refunded and I was told the next day. 9 days I called again and I was told I was being charged for "excessive trash/room damage." It was me and my boyfriend staying there and we were barely in the room, there was no excessive trash (if any at all) and absolutely no damage. I am waiting on a manager to call me back, I never received a receipt or anything showing what this suppose excessive trash/damage was! I never thought I needed to take pictures of my room before I left it...

During my stay my bag was stolen in the gym. The suspect took $200 cash a gold $200 money clip and my Galaxy 5 phone worth $450.00 The manager at the location let me look at the surveillance tape, so I could see the suspect, but the hotel said they couldn't ID him although he used a hotel guest card to enter the gym. They also told me that the hotel did not have security. I called the police and made out a report. I been a long time customer of Embassy Suites and I'm very disappointed in their lack of responsibility for a customer. In fact last August 2015 myself and approx 20 family members stayed at the Isla Verde San Juan Puerto Rico for almost one month. Embassy Suites losses a very good customer.

My daughter stayed at the Temecula Embassy Suites on Jan 29-30. She wanted to stay one more day so I said I would put it on my card. I went down to the front desk and told them my daughter wanted to extend her stay one more day and he said ok. He just needed my credit card. I gave him my card and then he said "Ok. You are checking out?" I told him "No. I'm extending my daughters stay" that's why I gave him my card. His reply was "We are booked up. We have no rooms." When I looked at the receipt it was the bill in my daughter's names.

When I check my card statements the next day there was a bill for from Embassy Suites for 370.56. Then I called my daughter and she checked her card statement and she had a bill from Embassy Suites. And just today she another bill pending. So my daughter is getting double billed and I who didn't stay at Embassy Suites is getting billed for a room I didn't stay at and has been paid for twice. Management said 3 business day to see reimbursement. Now she said 5 business. I shouldn't have to wait any business day for using my card to pay someone else's room and on top of that bill that person also. When my daughter asked about her double billing they told her that the one bill that said pending was the reimbursement waiting to clear. Now I heard of bills pending to be verified but never pending for a reimbursement.

I stay at the Embassy Suites by Hilton. In Niagara Falls every year, for the last 15 years, at least twice a year... have always loved it. Being a Hilton Honor member, when I get a deal, I grab it! So I booked for a two-night stay... Two days prior to arrival Hilton Honors sends me the email stating "You can now check in online for your up smoking stay" so I did so. Chose my room and everything. It even asked me what time I would be arriving, and I said late arrival 9pm. Drove our three hours to get there the night of check in, we arrived at 8:45 and were told "Sorry your room is no longer avail." They cancelled it because there was an issue with my credit card?!

First off, why are they charging my card BEFORE I arrive, when it clearly states they do not do that. And by the way NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH MY CARD. I checked with my card and there was over $1,500 credit avail on it... and no way it would not work. The hotel said "Too bad we have no more room avail now." I stood in shock and kept asking how that could be. They kept saying they could not do anything and my room is gone and they are fully booked. Then... the manager came out and raised his arm and yelled "Get out" and pointed to the door. Called security and loudly said "Escort this woman out now" in front of everyone. I never even raised my voice, I just wanted an explanation!

I was embarrassed and sickened at the horrible staff at the front desk and have NEVER ever been treated that way!! They gave my room away for full price $250 for sure... I had it booked at a deal of $95, they definitely bumped me without checking my check-in time just to make more money. So I tell you now Embassy Suites Niagara... you have not heard the end of this! You disgust me!

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Embassy Suites started in 1983 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. It was acquired by Hilton in 1999 and is one of their full service brands. There are over 200 locations in Canada, Latin America and the United States.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Embassy Suites, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards and enjoy eforea spas at select locations. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.
  • Free breakfast: Embassy Suites offers every guest a free, cooked-to-order breakfast. Options include bacon, omelets, potatoes, fresh fruit, sausage and more.
  • Evening reception: At the end of each day, Embassy Suites hosts an evening reception. All guests are welcome, and they receive free snacks and light appetizers as well as a variety of alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages. Both children and adults are welcome.
  • Large rooms: Every room at Embassy Suites is actually a two-room suite. Each room has a flat screen television, so everyone can watch what they want. Other room amenities include a coffeemaker and minibar.
  • Family friendly: In 2015, Embassy Suites received a First Place Ranking in the Hotel Brand for Families category from Parents Magazine. Parents can visit the #PrettyGreat Family Travel portion of the Embassy Suites website for tips and travel hacks to make their trip go smoothly.
  • Best for Embassy Suites caters to those looking for extra amenities and spacious accommodations, including families.

Compare Hotel Brands