3.37/5
Based on 70 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

208 Hampton Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 13, 2018

We have had several disappointing experiences within a recent stay at a Hilton Hampton Inn property. Discussions with the hotel staff about dissatisfaction with our stay have been cordial, but for the most part have amounted to receiving lip service only. Given the less-than-helpful behavior of one of the managers, I decided to call customer service to ask a couple of questions about basic amenities that can be expected at Hilton properties and whether or not the facility is a Hilton owned (rather than franchisee operated) hotel.

The woman who answered the customer service line had a very thick foreign accent and was therefore a bit difficult to hear. I first tried to ask whether the property was Hilton owned and operated. She didn't seem to understand what I was asking. I then had to ask again. She didn't seem very interested in hearing that I had an unpleasant stay, and instructed me to go to the desk and talk to the manager! I asked her why she thought I was calling and that I had already done that! I asked for a customer service supervisor. She said there were none! When (with a rather incredulous tone of voice) exclaimed, "Whaaat???" she then transferred me to another line --- which turned out to be the front desk of the hotel!

I recognized the voice of the one of the (better) staff who had tried to help me earlier, but who by virtue of her non-administrative position, lacked the autonomy to do anything significant to address the situation. Ironically, she did offer my companion one of the Hilton Honors Member Welcome Bags, which by the way was not offered to either of us when checked into the hotel! That particular property's strategic lack of certain amenities (like specific breakfast foods) was something I wanted to know more about, because it had seemed to me that the property was not being managed according to the high standards I had come to know and trust as emblematic of the Hilton brand. But, given this recent experience with Hilton telephone customer service, I now have deep concern about the trustworthiness (or lack thereof) and overall value of the Hilton brand.

Original review: June 12, 2018

We stayed 4 nights at the Hampton Inn (HILTON) in Johnson City, TN this past week. Upon checking out, we discovered that we were being assessed $50.00 for incidentals; when asked what these "incidentals" could be, their response was a fine for "POSSIBLE" damage to the room. We asked the manager and the hotel maid to review the room for any possible damage; their response was "no problems noted!" SO! The Hampton Inn (HILTON) of Johnson City, TN fined us $50.00 for "NO APPARENT REASON!" This $50.00 was above and beyond the price paid for the room for 4 nights. This was a penalty! WORD to the WISE - "AVOID this hotel" unless you wished to be ripped out and charge an extra fee owing that they felt the need to fine the customer!

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

Made reservation for smoking room as that was all that is left. I have stayed at this property over times. Room was worse than I imagined with visible grease or some kinds of black stains on furniture. I asked for another room - I was given another key card. As I turned around the "manager" remarked in the voice of a 14 year old - THANK YOU. 3 members of the staff came up to the new room while I was on the phone with reservations to help me and banged on the door, threatened me, called the police and had me thrown off the property.

Original review: April 13, 2018

I always stay at Hampton Inn in Williamstown Kentucky, but this hotel was subpar, more than just old, the carpets were worn and torn, the bedding was thin and rough, service was below standard and the noise was out of control. I left one day early. This is what I would expect at a Motel 6.

Original review: March 27, 2018

The breakfast at the Hampton Inn in Wake Forest, NC was great. People were friendly and room was adequate but outside elevator was a urine smell. I booked thru a third party which cost me an extra 95$ which I reported to the Hampton but never got any type of reimbursement.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: March 25, 2018

The room at the Hampton Inn Bainbridge, Georgia was clean but floor tile could be a danger if a wheelchair or cane is needed to get around. Flooring was uneven although it was recently built. It needs to be leveled in order to prevent accidents.

Original review: March 22, 2018

My stay at the Hampton Inn in Fairmont, WV was a great experience. I was there for a training with my work and stayed three days. Staff was friendly and helpful. Hotel was very clean and up to date. I didn't care for the pool area however, it didn't smell like chlorine and the water made my skin feel weird when I got out. I prefer a pool that smells clean.

Original review: March 21, 2018

My experience at Hampton in Orlando was comfortable and safe. It had a good value. I had a nice sized room, clean and quiet hotel, safe environment, and easy access. Breakfast was very nice-good service and nice selection of food. Excellent front counter and check-in!

Original review: March 20, 2018

The stay was great and the service was good. The staff was friendly and very helpful, the room was clean, the food was very good and the location of Hampton in Virginia Beach, VA was excellent.

Original review: March 18, 2018

The Hampton Inn in Denton Texas was OK but not up to par with what I have seen in a Hampton Inn. This inn needs help. If it was just a bad day then I will stay again but I will be sure to let everyone know to stay clear.

Original review: March 13, 2018

The Hampton Inn in San Diego, CA is a very nice hotel. Customer service was excellent, comfortable beds with down comforters and great showers. Overall we had a great experience and will definitely be coming back.

Original review: March 12, 2018

The hotel was clean and comfortable, and breakfast was great! The Hampton Inn in Barstow, CA is a great place for a business stay, and also for anyone wanting to hit up the outlet stores, as it is right next door. Rooms are large and comfortable, and the breakfast room is huge.

Original review: March 11, 2018

Oak Brook, IL - Booked the hotel for a family vacation. It was not made clear that the property has no pool. Otherwise, my wife would never have booked this hotel. We arrive with two kids looking forward all day to a pool, then no pool. On top of that, there is no internet. In today's marketplace, no internet is inexcusable. As reliable Hilton Honors members, we would appreciate at least a free night to make up for this unacceptable level of service and facilities.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

On vacation in Florida stayed 3 nights in Estero (Best customer service there, very impressed! Jason in particular.) I and two in Crystal River, both places have been recently "RENOVATED" by which I take it to mean that you have replaced the decent mattresses that you have always provided with medieval torture devices. If I have slept 3 hours a night It was a long sleep. The mattresses are AWFUL. NO CUSHIONING AT ALL on the top. Every single coil is projecting itself into your body all night long.

I have been staying in Hampton Inn for years and years, BECAUSE 90% of them are good quality places to stay... this trip have been a nightmare... No, actually... that would mean I had slept. I am now a sleepless zombie. And driving on Florida roads with no sleep is a recipe for disaster! Seriously, y'all dropped the ball on this. Tomorrow I am going to a Marriott so I can ** sleep. I am getting a Marriott card, and not looking back. You forfeited your patron's comfort for your pockets on this on and it's obvious.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Hampton Inn in Atlantic Beach, NC is a nice place to stay, but we found a blonde hair about 8" long on the top of the top sheet and saw a roach in our bathtub that went back into its hiding place before we could catch it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Moncton - Really can't find fault with anything, everything went smoothly. It was a clean quiet room which was all we asked for, check in and out was hassle free.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We have been staying here (Hampton Inn Lynnwood WA) for many years and have returned because of the owner’s friendliness. However, their rates have gone up ridiculously. Also, I have had a bit of a Health problem that has prevented me from traveling for about a year. Upon checking on my tier status... I have lost all my points. I am now staying at the Best Western with free hot breakfast.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Hampton Inn at Rehobeth Beach Delaware has great rates with clean and comfortable rooms featuring free hot or cold breakfast. What's not to like? Pleasant and professional staff make every stay a great one.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I never actually spent a night at Hampton Inn Sacramento, CA but I was there so often with clients for workshops and seminars that I had firsthand accounts of the good and very seldom any bad. I knew the clients, because many were the same over and over so they certainly weren't shy in telling the truth. In general each and everyone loved it, from check in, cocktail time where they served appetizers so good and filling that you didn't have to go out for dinner and it was free. Breakfast was included too and it wasn't a simple continental stale pastry, boxed cereal type of breakfast either. I know because when we had our meetings, we arrived early to eat breakfast with our clients at no charge either.

We also had a special rate for all this because we had meetings there at least 4 times a month, if not more. Sometimes we had two running simultaneously. The people that worked there couldn't do enough to take care of everything we or our clients needed, they even provided bowls of candy and I am not talking wrapped hard candies, try candy bars, all kinds. It is a nice place to stay. The rooms are very nice and cozy too!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Hampton Inn Gastonia, North Carolina. People occupying in their job were extremely approachable. I felt as they were catering only me. The continental breakfast was so beautifully done. The maids' services were outstanding.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Hotel (Hampton Inn Phoenix, Az) had no side doors and had to walk a bit to enter building. Gave old todo snack bags and needed detail cleaning on room. As always workers were friendly, beds comfortable and hotel has all the necessities. Orange and apple juice was very good too.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Stayed at Hampton Inn in Morristown, TN and was charged for an extra room I didn't stay in. When I called the front desk couldn't help and no manager was there... Now I have to pay an overdraft fee because of these bright people working the front desk... will not be back to stay at any Hampton Inn ever.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Hampton Inn Big Spring, Texas is very nice, beds are comfy, rooms are a good size, front desk staff helpful. The only thing we didn't care for and would suggest improvement was the quality of the breakfast. Real, scrambled eggs, real potatos, would be good.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

The front desk at Hampton Inn California was nice and professional. The check was easy because I had already made my reservations... The room was clean. I would definitely stay there again. Plus the shuttle to the casino was every 30 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Our stay was extended because we didn't know exactly where we were going next. Plus we had to wait for the movers to deliver our stuff from Washington State to Florida, as well as the transporter of our car. Therefore, we ended up staying almost 3 weeks... Ouch! But except for the bed everything else was just fine at Hampton Inn, Tarpon Springs, FL

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The room at Hampton Inn Roanoke Virginia was spacious and comfortable. The amenities were adequate. The breakfast was served hot and delicious. And the staff were personable and pleasant.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

When I head to Hampton Inn Dandridge, TN I am already planning on a good night's sleep, comfortable rooms and beds, a great breakfast in the AM and the feeling of arriving at a welcoming atmosphere.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

At airport but don't hear planes. Hampton Inn Wichita, KS is very convenient to airport and shuttle picks up and drops off to anywhere within five miles. Also, very clean and staff is helpful.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We were charged for a room in Connecticut and we never stayed there. The bill for Connecticut was $286.26. We have the statement where the $286.26 was paid. We called and told them of the overcharge. They said we would hear something in 3-5 days. We haven't heard a word!!! We are elderly and on Social security And it's been hard having two large amounts taken out in one amounts. Priceline was who we went through. The bank said that "YES they paid the $286.26 to Priceline." It has been almost 4 months and we haven't gotten any word or refund from these people. This is wrong!! And your customers are paying for it and getting nothing!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

It was a nice and pleasant experience at the Hampton Inn located at Spring Hill, TN. Great breakfast and wonderful pool hours. Clean rooms but small bath towels. Nice sheets and comforters on the beds.

Hampton Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.

• Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.

• Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.

• Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.

• Best for: Hampton Inn is best for those who want good service but would rather save than have extra amenities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs