Hampton Inn

Compare Hotel Brands

Research top Hotel Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My first Hampton Inn experience was in 2007 in Pueblo, CO. It was topnotch, everything was great. Since then I've noticed the quality decline but the price has not. My recent stay was in Tucson, AZ this last weekend, what a difference from 07. Now Hampton Inn has stooped down to provide what little amenities available housed in the bathroom. So if your spouse is going #2 in the bathroom and you want to make coffee or get some ice you are going to have to wait. There was an unpleasant smell about the entire hotel and they should switch the name from "continental breakfast" to "coffee and a snack," so you can be prepared to buy breakfast before you head out for the day. It's time to dump Hampton Inn and move on to something better.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I had asked that my post not to be published as the mattered had been resolved. Could you please delete my previous post. There was a misunderstanding that was corrected to everyone's satisfaction.

Dina of Woodbridge, ON on

Original Review

Had made multiple room reservations online in early September and received confirmations for all my rooms with confirmation numbers. Last Thursday I received an email from the hotel indicating they have canceled my rooms. Continued to lie about why they did this until it was finally confirmed it was an error on their part after continually being dishonest. I spoke to the hotel manager David and asked for the Regional Manager's phone number. Would not provide it. Absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Do not book with this hotel as confirmation numbers mean nothing to them.

Hampton Inn, Parsippany, NJ - First, This Hampton Inn and a Hilton Hotel share the same building - very confusing. The beds were lumpy and very uncomfortable. After I arrived and settled in, I noticed that there was only a half roll of toilet paper in the bathroom, and that there were not enough hangers in the closet. On my way out that evening, I asked one of the desk clerks, who might have been the manager, to please have more toilet paper rolls and 4 hangers to be brought to my room, and I gave him my room number, twice. When I returned several hours later, nothing had been delivered to my room. No one answered the phone, so I had to go out to the front desk and ask again for hangers and toilet paper. Also, the window curtains did not close, due to poor design, and since I was on the 1st floor, anyone could have looked in. Poor service, and bad design!!

My wife and I normally search for cheap rooms. But we decided we was tired of not knowing what to expect when we get there. So we figured we would spend more money and everything would be perfect. The room is super nice but everything is not perfect. It is cold out and there is only decaf coffee and it's ice cold. My wife and I mentioned it and the front desk acted as if we hadn't even spoke.

It saddens me as I have stayed with this hotel on more than 10 occasions. As long as you don't forget something everything is fine. They can tell more lies rather than saying "we made a mistake and we are sorry." My Tiffany's necklace never made it to me. When they agreed to send it they never declared a value so UPS would only pay them 100.00 for my 350.00 necklace. Instead of them just saying this they took me through all types of hoops and even in the end tried to act if maybe I was making the whole thing up.

It is so frustrating to recant all the lies and it is so sad as the necklace was given to me by someone over 15 years ago who have since left my life and the sentimental value that it holds for me far outweighs me lying or trying to get something for nothing. I would much rather have my necklace that had an extra piece on the chain that represented my children graduating from the 12th and 8th grade the same year. They are liars and do yourself a favor and spend 10 extra dollars a night and go across the street to the Holiday Inn. You won't regret it. Even the corporate arena is not right. Honesty doesn't work for these people and this company. Where oh where has good customer service gone???

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

The trip was to take our 10 yr. old grandson to the KS State Fair 9/15-17/2016. Our grandson had $20.00 which he forgot to put in his pocket. It was next to his duffel on a desk. When we got back it was gone. I immediately went to the front desk and filed a complaint. I was told the manager would be in at 8:00 am the next day 9/17. Was told 9/17 that the manager would not be in till later, took all my information and said she would contact me with-in 24 hours. It is now 9/22. No contact. If room service thought it was a tip but was reported that the money was missing, it should be up to the manager to find out who cleaned the room and get the money back. This was a 10 yr old's money. Not ours. The stay was good, but ignoring a complaint is totally unacceptable by the manager and nothing worse than a thief.

Excellent. Staff was superb. Morning breakfast was perfect and there was even a place we could meet with friends. We stayed here along with 50 other guests for our daughters wedding at a local vineyard.

Booked an online reservation online on 1/15/16, 10 day stay starting 2/11 at Ormond Beach Hampton Inn, Confirmation #**. Unfortunately, I booked the wrong FL Beach Hampton. I could not cancel online due to the special event. It was past the cancellation window. Reservation was 27 days in advance. Normally there is a 24-72 hr cancellation period to avoid cancellation penalties. You would think that anytime the cancellation period deviates from norm, it would be clearly noted. Called hotel less 25 min from placing online reservation, advised of my mistake, was told she would cancel with no penalty. I then booked for the same dates at the correct Hampton.

On 2/16 we were charged the full 10 days, 2,688.75. If I would have been told I would be charged the full stay, I would not have made an alternative reservation. Spoke with GM, who agreed to refund. After multiple documented conversations, attempts by GM to give credit, was told that Hampton Corp is not allowing the credit. But HHonors states it is the GM’s decision to make acceptations not them.

We would like a full refund but according the email confirmation, “Your reservation is guaranteed by a deposit of 268.88 that has been/will be charged to your credit card. Cancellations were required by 4 PM on Dec 28, 2015 local hotel time. Because this time has already passed, your deposit is non-refundable.” Leads me to believe only 268.88 should have been charged.

Despite this issue, we have stayed at a Hilton brand on 14 additional occasions since this incident. You would think that some loyalty to the Hilton brand would be honored, especially since we didn’t just cancel, we stayed at a different Hampton. Expressed issue to BBB and they were absolutely no help. As of today, have never heard from anyone.

I made a reservation directly through the Hampton website for a 3-day stay 5 weeks in advance of when I needed the room; the total including tax was $724.65. Two weeks after making the reservation, an email from Hampton shows up in my Inbox telling me they're sorry to see that I cancelled the reservation; also included was an offer to create a new reservation. The problem was that I did not cancel the reservation! Therefore I immediately contacted Hampton Customer Care informing them that I did not cancel the room and requested that the original reservation be honored. They told me I could make a new reservation however not at the same pricing as the original reservation. I told them that I suspected Hampton cancelled my reservation because they increased their pricing and knew they'd rent the room for the higher rate to someone else.

After spending 45 minutes speaking with two different agents plus a manager, I was informed that someone else had cancelled the reservation and that Hampton would never do such a thing. I requested over and over that my original reservation be honored. The manager (Harold) I spoke with had no customer service skills. When I told him that I wouldn't stay in a Hampton or Hilton hotel ever again if he wouldn't honor my original reservation he abruptly hung up. That's all I needed to hear. I had always thought Hampton and Hilton had some class but my opinion radically changed today to the other end of the scale. Good Bye Hampton & Hilton!

Earlier this summer I had my van damaged by someone who backed into it and left without admitting to it. I went to the front desk to review the security videos and they told me that there were none. I couldn't believe that a motel chain that charges the prices Hilton does would not have security available. Just this last weekend my girlfriend insisted on staying at the Hampton in San Bernardino CA again and I did not want to because of the lack of security. Well she had her car broken into and several valuable guitars stolen. She saw the man driving a car that seemed suspicious but didn't get a license number. Again the motel said that they did not have security or any cameras.

She always insists on Hampton/Hilton and I think she has finally accept that they are a bunch of con men that could care less about their customers. She makes fun of me because I used to travel for a living and stayed at SUPER 8s and other plebian motels but I never had anything stolen or any damage to my vehicles in over 35 years of traveling. Kinda serves her right for being too pompous about these con men. Please check out any Hilton property to make sure that they have security particularly if you are a woman or carrying valuables.

Stayed at several Hampton Inns have never had this experience. After calling several times to motel being hung up on I still have not been refunded my money they put on hold. They have been very unhelpful and rude.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn at 1212 Cumings Street in Omaha Nebraska on August 6th. I attended a wedding that was nearby. Upon arrival an issue with the check in as they had my name misspelled. Once we get to our room I notice mold around the bathtub and a water bottle cap on the floor in our bathroom that clearly wasn't ours. But needed a place to stay so overlooked these issues. Checked out the next morning and headed home.

A couple of days later I got on my credit card acct to pay my bill and lo and behold I have an additional $250 charge from them. Thinking it was just a billing error so I called. At this point they told me it was for damage to a room. I couldn't even begin to think what this was about. After contacting the hotel 8 times and never being able to speak to a Manager or getting info on what this was I called the corporate office. Then I am told it is for a smoking in the room charge. Well number one I did not smoke in this room. My daughter was with me and can verify that. I have disputed this charge with Credit Card Company - Filed a Complaint with the BBB and also a complaint with the Attorney General in my State.

After reading many of these reviews I find this is a trend for the Hampton Inns. To this day I have not received any proof from them that I did smoke in the room. WHY - because they don't have any. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again. And believe me the best advertising is word of mouth. And believe me I will certainly make this issue known. They have STOLEN this money from me and also it is fraud for charging my credit card. For all I know maybe the maid needed a smoke so she used my room and blamed it on me. Like I said my daughter was with me and can attest to the fact that this room was NOT smoked in.

Consumer Increased Rating!

I put a review here and now just to keep the record straight I want it known that finally today Hampton Inn gave me my overcharges back. In all fairness, they removed all three of the charges but no explanation. I don't know if they screwed up again or were trying to "make it up to me". But they did correct the problem finally.

jeanne of High Ridge, MO on

Original Review

I checked into the Hampton Inn at Corinth Ms. on August 20 for a one night stay. I gave them my debit card for payment. I returned to the room only to find that they had charged my debit card three times instead of once. I returned immediately to the desk to be told there was nothing they could do about it. There was no manager there. I returned to the room and called Hampton Inn corporate customer service and was basically told there was nothing they could do as well. They would give me a complaint number and they would work on it. I asked "what if this was my gas budget to get home?" They were sorry. Four days later they are still sorry. No one responds. I again called and was told again they were really sorry. On Thursday my banks fraud department will begin investigating. Hampton Inn had always been my hotel of choice but never will I go there again or recommend it to anyone.

My daughter placed a hold on ten rooms at the Hampton Inn located at 102 S. Cottage Hill Rd. Carrollton, Ga 30117 for her graduation celebration. Unfortunately, she booked directly through this location and was charged for eight rooms to which her credit card cut off at four rooms with a rate of $132.68 totaling $530.72. No one sent a confirmation, policy requirements, or cancellation notice in writing or through an email. After contacting the hotel directly to resolve the issue, no manager was available so I made a call to the corporate office. I spoke to a LeaAnn and she stated that there would be a review and that my daughter would receive a paper refund 7-10 days and to call back if there is no response after 72 hours.

I call today, August 8, 2016 and spoke to Tamara **; Guest Assistance Escalation Department Hilton Supervisor and she stated that there is no refund and that nothing can be done to override the hotel policy. When asked if I could receive a copy of the policy and confirmation email, she said "no, it is gone and cannot be retrieved." I asked to speak to someone over her and she stated that she was the highest person to talk to and refused to provide any more information.

I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with the customer service received from the hotel and corporate office. Hampton Inn clearly stole from my daughter and is not making this situation right. We will never stay at another Hampton Inn Hotel and we will tell friends, family, business associates, and clients to how business is handled and how the consumer is taken advantage of.

Found a charge to my card of $250. Called to dispute and person said "Maid says it smells like someone smoked in room." I am not a smoker. Called and disputed with my card and with Hampton Inn. The maid said and that is that so I requested corporate call me. First floor windows were open upon arrival to room and extremely windy outside.

My family stayed at the Hampton Inn Columbia IL. The room had one towel, no bathmat. We requested a wake up call and didn't get it. Also the pool was green and looked very unclean.

Breakfast what a joke, hope you like dry cereal. Also I'm a non smoker. They said I smoke in the room and charge my credit card 250.00 dollars and they were so rude. Called the corporate office after getting the number off the internet cause the hotel said they did have a corporate office number. Friends be warned and careful if you stay there. Really its not worth their fare anyway. I talked with several different people. They could not do nothing not even give me a night stay in a different room. They really need the 250 dollars that they stole yes stole from me.

Having stayed at many Hilton Hotels and Resorts through the years, our family has been very pleased overall with our experiences. I must note, however, the Hampton Inn & Suites - Knoxville/North I-75 May 27, 2016, reflects very poorly on the image the Hilton product line strives to maintain on its properties. Never have I posted a negative review, but I believe this experience is worth noting:

May 27 we walked into a repulsive-smelling room, which also was not clean. There was hair in the bathroom and on the sheets, and the toilet-paper roll was almost empty. We tried to make the best of the situation, knowing we would only be staying there one night. However, our experience only got worse: my child accidentally left his Chaco sandals under the desk in our room and realized it as soon as we got home. We immediately called the hotel, and we were told the sandals were not in the room.

I called back the next day, and the manager would not allow me to speak to the person who cleaned the room (I wanted to explain to her exactly where the sandals were), and he told me "diamond necklaces have been found" by the staff, as if that were to make me feel better. He was not the least bit accommodating but instead pulled my account from being able to review his hotel.

I just called to reserve joining rooms but was told they could not guarantee joining rooms and may give them to guests currently staying in a joining room if they decide to extend their stay. So you wouldn't know until you arrive??? So they would rather chance/hope an existing guest extending their stay than going ahead and booking it and having it reserved. I have never heard of that before.

I went online a couple months ago to plan on a hotel to stay in as we were traveling and I wanted a really nice special place to stay. I read reviews and liked what I read on Hampton, so I booked. Waited and waited for a email confirmation never got it. Called again never got it. Called again and this time I was so mad I was going to cancel. The guy talked me out of it and said it was on his way and never got it again. So called to cancel and found another one and the lady said she sent it so we regrettingly kept it. When we got there I thought the laundry room was right next to us and the washer was unbalanced but no it was our AIR CONDITIONER!!! It started out loud and then sounded like it was spinning and unbalanced. That kept us up all night and then at 7 in the morning the fire alarm went off!!! No explanation so I had to call the front desk to find out what happened. There was no all clear call or no explanation to what happened.

We are not rich and we like to get our money worth. We have stayed at many a hotel but we both said this is by far the worst we have been to. We went next door to the Marriott to eat and we told the lady we wished we would have spent the few dollars more and stayed there. We will never stay at a Hampton again. We will tell our friends not to stay there. We love any of the choice hotel group and then stayed at a really nice comfort inn and suites on the way home. I was actually excited to stay at the Hampton that was going to be the really nice one to stay in on this whole trip but will always be memorable in the fact it was the worst.

We checked into the Hampton Inn in Jacksonville on Tuesday, May 10 intending to stay through Sunday, May 15 due to a death in the family. All went well until the day of the funeral, Saturday, May 14. In the middle of the funeral, around 11am, we got a call from Leondra, the desk clerk informing us we needed to check out immediately. So, my husband and I left the funeral, frantically scrambled to find another hotel, which we were fortunate to do considering that Jacksonville was packed and hotel accommodations were hard to find. We were on the way back to the Hampton Inn when Leondra called back. "I talked to the manager and we're able to extend you until tomorrow." Me: "Take your hotel and shove it. I wouldn't stay there one more day if my life depended on it."

So, everything she had said up until then was a lie. The charming Leondra could have acted like a first-class hotelier and offered to help us in the first place. She could taken the pressure off when she learned we were at a funeral. She could have worked it out with us to come in later. But no. So much for guest services or even humane treatment. We travel a lot, but I'll never stay in a Hampton Inn again.

The purpose of this complaint is to address concerns about the treatment I have received from Hampton Management Staff, and the fact that my rooms were canceled as a result of me complaining to guest services. I made the reservation on March 21, 2016 for the Hampton on Walnut Grove in Memphis. There were several issues with this reservation that has put my name and reputation at risk as a agent. The original contract reservation was made 3/21. I had 10 rooms (1 double and 9 kings). The contract stated names must be added by May 16. The contract further advised that Cancellations are required by 4PM on May 6, 2016 local hotel time. At that point I started accepting deposits from clients. I provided payment deadlines in accordance to the dates provided. On April 21, I received two emails back to back about the reservation.

When I received the emails I was confused, as the contract didn't specify any of this. I reached out to Ms ** and advised her of the conflict. Clarissa stated it was a typo on the contract but I will work based in need. We spoke several times prior to May 6. On the 6th I called Clarissa, and I advised her of the names for 7 rooms. At this point I thought that was all the Hampton needed till May 26, based on our communication. I then message Ms Clarissa to advise her since I will not allowed the additional time to collect from my clients. I would refund the 4 deposits for rooms, as I could not give them the time they agreed to pay their balance, which was May 10th.

Clarissa stated at that point the money was due May 6, as well as the names. In addition the rate would change. I became furious as none of these requirements were on the contract I received originally. I confirmed with Clarissa the following: "This up charge if I don't have 10 rooms booked is approximately $25-$26 per night or $25 more to the grand total for each room? I am so disappointed. I never received anything in writing about the 10 room discount when the reservation was made and confirmation. Furthermore, the deadline was changed for the names to be added, was changed from the original terms. All conflicts. I appreciate anything that can be done to assist me with this booking."

May 11 - I contacted guest services (Priscilla) and addressed my concerns. I was advised that I still have one room on my old reservation. I advised the original reservations was canceled and replaced by the existing reservation. She advised she would cancel that reservation and would create a case to resolved the rate and payment due dates issues. After creating the case I received confirmation of my complaint, and to give 72 hours for a resolution.

I then realized 3 days would exceed the date I advised Clarissa I would pay, which was the 13th for two (double/King) rooms and the 16th for the remaining King room. I figured if no resolution by the 13 I would just pay for the 2 rooms on 5/13. I called Clarissa on 5/3 to pay for the two rooms and was told that guest services sent a request to canceled my rooms at my request. I was heartbroken. Clarissa then stated she would call her general manager Ashley to discuss and she would call me back. I am very upset. I never received a callback. I am very upset that my reservation was canceled. On May 12 I received several response from guest services as follows:

"My name is Jose. It will be my pleasure to assist with cancellation of your reservation at the Hampton Inn Memphis/Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East. It is my understanding that the hotel has cancelled your reservation without any charges."

"My name is Nelia. It will be my pleasure to assist you regarding reservation at the Hampton Inn Memphis/Walnut Grove/Baptist Hospital East. It is my understanding that the hotel has been processed your request. They cancelled the room block with no late fees."

"My name is Mari. It will be my pleasure to assist with your concerns at the Hampton Inn Memphis-Walnut Grove/Baptist East. The hotel indicated that you informed them that you did not want your credit card charged. Each of the rooms reserved required a valid credit card. This requirement was not met, therefore rooms canceled."

"Thank you for contacting Hilton Guest Assistance. My name is Mari. It will be my pleasure to assist with your concerns. Unfortunately, I was unable to determine from your message how I may be of assistance."

I was so overwhelmed, as this was not my concerns and I felt like I was getting the runaround. On May 15th I called guest services to follow up with the above response and was advised there is nothing that can be done as groups are handled by the actual location and there is nothing that can be done at this point. The manager also stated that there was no way to compensate me for my time or inconvenience. She then advised that there was still an open reservation for one room for the original reservation. I advised that should have been canceled when the new reservation was made. I emailed guest services to cancel it again today.

I am taking pen to paper to BBB, Attorney General, and Consumer Affairs. This has been the worst experience I have ever had with any establishment since becoming an agent, and as well as my personal business. I have been loyal to Hilton/Hampton customer for 25 years, and I have never had this type of treatment.

From the moment I checked in to the Hampton Inn in Charleston to a week after I checked out, I have had nothing but issues! I was told by the assistant GM that he needed my card in order for me to get into my room when the other girl I was staying with already had hers on file but wasn't arriving until after me. I asked him why he needed it and I got a rude response asking me if I have never stayed at a hotel before because it is standard policy. They then put the full amount on my card of over 900 dollars the following day. I went back to him again and gave him the original card it was supposed to go on which was the girl I was staying with. I had to call my bank and have them talk to him to have the amount removed. We then agreed to put my portion of the hotel which was 200 on my card when I checked out and the remaining balance was to be charged to the card on file!

When I checked out of the hotel on Monday 5/9 I gave him my card to charge me for my portion. That was the only amount I authorized. When the other girl checked out on Tuesday 5/10 instead of using the card on file like he was supposed to he decided to charge my account again for the rest. So this morning I realized once again my account has been charged over 900 dollars. I called early this morning to get it resolved knowing he was working the front desk and asked for Sean. He then told me that was him and when I told him who I was and why I was calling he proceeded to tell me that I wasn't talking to Sean anymore and I needed to call back later to speak to him. So I asked if he could help me knowing that was who I was speaking with and all of a sudden the computers crashed and was told no one could help me!

This is the worst I have EVER BEEN TREATED by hotel staff and am in the customer service industry and would never talk to people this way or deal with issues the way they have with this company. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy!! Charleston is a beautiful town and I will be back but not anywhere near the Hampton Inn!

I pointed out in the middle of my stay that I was being overcharged. After 4 days of getting the runaround it still wasn't resolved. I could hear people walking around in the room above me all night long. There was drilling and construction going on at all hours. It was such a bad experience. I am Marriott's new favorite customer.

From the time I walk in, I wasn't satisfied. I arrive at the hotel on Thursday, after a drive from Macon GA. When I got to the counter I was the only person there. I was in jeans, t-shirt and my hair was wrap. I was approach with a friendly "hello" and the person at desk start to explain about my stay. Now I book my room March 22, and I did several followup calls to explain what I wanted. I ask for a king with fridge and microwave. Well as she to tell me why they didn't have it and that they were overbook, and as I begin to tell her, I call then personal to tell them what I ask for, and to make sure we was clear. Well next thing I know some airline pilots came in, and she stop talking to me and begin to wait on them. I'm like "Excuse me pay attention to me". Well she was like "I'm sorry". I told her "Just because I'm looking like no one, you never who I might be."

So I went on to room. My husband arrives and we went on about our stay. Well to make matters worse, day one we went out came back and the room was not clean, no clean towels, day 2 same thing. Well finally I went to housekeeping and I ask them why my room was was not clean, she went to tell me that they had inspection and they couldn't do our room but would do it the next day, so I just smh, and ask for towels. Finally on our last night day, we went out and we got our room clean with towels. Where is the big reason why I would never stay at a Hilton ever again nor would I recommend my workers of physician to not stay at this Hampton in their lifetime, unless we walk in in unifom with our scopes around our neck and with gloves on, to be treated like we are VIP but no one should be treated any different because of the way you dress!!!

I check my debit card as I always do and saw where they had charge me the room it was saying pending, I'm like I'm ok. Well on the day of checking out I double check my card, and it say my balance over 1000,00, well I check out went to the gas station swipe my card and it said "Insignificant funds, see clerk inside." I'm like "Hell no." Well I check my card at it said I only had 18.00 on my debit, so I call my husband screaming and he turn around after missing a flight, who is agent for comedians. We went back to hotel and there was another couple going off that her card had been overcharge.

Well finally when I went to desk and went to tell them what happen and that I had the same problem, I was told that's a horse for a different color. I just cried and didn't know what to say are do. The only answer I could get was to call my bank and they would refund my money. I was not offer any apology. I could been stranded without any help. I wasn't offer another stay, no water to calm me down, nothing. My husband went back in and the counter was surround by manager who gave us a card and a auth no #.

This is not the end of this for me. I will take this to the Hiltons myselves, cause this was not explain to me but maybe if the young one who was at the counter on my arrival day explain this to me instead of forgetting about cause she felt I was too poor to be there, then I would stay at the Hyatt, like many time before and never ever was treated this way. I just want people to know what happen to me, so it's your choice if you want to stay, but I promise when the Mike Epps come to North Charleston, we will make sure his family friend don't book with them. I don't want to hear your apology, and try to give me free points or a free one night stay. We will be reporting our happenings with the Better Business Bureau, never ever expected this.

When our school holds testing at the hotel our family arrived as early as 7:00 am. The first time we were testing at the Greensburg, IN location the Hampton Inn employees said "Grab something to eat since we would be here for up to four hours." During our second visit to Hampton Inn I got my coffee and bagel and my son his hot chocolate. The next thing I know an employee asks how my stay was. I reply that I was here with my son for testing. She informs me I was not to eat from the breakfast bar and I need to pay 10.65. I paid the amount but was very disappointed in the fact that one day it was all right. There were no signs saying that the kiddos and their parents couldn't eat breakfast. While we were attending the testing.

After my first visit I bragged about the Hampton Inn providing breakfast to students and their families only to find out it wasn't the case. I was embarrassed. Thank goodness I could afford to pay it. I know a few other families couldn't have afforded to pay 10 dollars a person. They need this information posted. Thank you.

I will never stay at the Hampton Inn of Battle Creek again!! I called and made a complaint about being bit by something. I wasn't sure if it was bed bugs or not. I also told them that the head board fell off the wall. At that time the clerk said "oh the maid may have hung it wrong." I was told that the regional manager would contact me within 72 hours. A week goes by and I hear from no one so I decided to call customer service back but to my surprise I was told the regional manager put in their notes that he/she will not be calling me at all. This hotel didn't have a problem taking my money but a courtesy call was too much. I think the state or someone should check this hotel out for bed bugs. It also should be noted when I told them about the possibility of bed bugs, I got nothing but silence from them as if they knew something. In closing I would have to say shame on you, bad customer service, to the management team in Battle Creek, Michigan.

After first night stay at the Hampton, I noticed something crawling on my leg. I scoop it up wondering what type of bug it was. So I searched up bed bugs and it was a perfect match and then when I advised the manager, she tried to make it seem like I brought them here. Please don't waste your money on this disguising hotel.

Hampton Inn, is apparently owned by a group of liberals. Get to our room "very nice room," turn on the TV and it's pre set to come on to CNN on channel 17 or 18. Next I get out my PC and try to log on. Oops I forgot this is a liberal establishment. There is a $4.98 charge to get on the internet. I received more value at the Days Inn I stayed in a couple of weeks ago in San Angelo, TX. This Hampton Inn was in Selma, TX and I wonder if all Hamptons are this liberal. I will stay at a Best Western or a Days Inn next time. At least I can't tell what side of the politics they're on.

My car was parked in the parking lot in December 23, 2015 when it was hit by another vehicle. When reported to the front desk, they watched the security videos and concluded it was a white truck van (Very similar to the courtesy vehicles the hotels use). I made numerous requests for the video clip but the hotel did not respond (Could it be because they owned this vehicle?). I reported this to the BBB but they still did not respond.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.
  • Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.
  • Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.
  • Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.
  • Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.
  • Best for Hampton Inn is best for those who want good service but would rather save than have extra amenities.

Compare Hotel Brands