2.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 16, 2017

152 Hampton Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Resolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

My husband & I checked into the Hampton Inn in Lufkin, Texas pond October 14, 2017. The young man who checked us in was helpful, courteous, friendly. The entrance and common areas have the impression of a clean & well-maintained motel. Once we were in our room, the positive impression vanished. The first thing that stood out was the mirrored sliding closet door. The mirror was shattered. I then noticed the lipstick kiss on another mirror. The toilet seat was loose, the door to the bathroom wouldn't shut unless brute force was used, the bathroom sink did not drain and the shower faucet was loose. The only reason we did not complain at the time of check in was because we were only staying one night & planned to spend little time in the room.

At 9:30 in the evening, I was awakened by very loud & raucous behavior in the common area directly below us. Our room on the second floor actually overlooked the area due to the courtyard style design of the building. I looked out & saw perhaps as many as thirty people in the common area drinking, laughing and being extremely noisy. I did not complain immediately.

After 2 hrs of this very loud behavior, I had had enough & I called the front desk. The clerk on duty was "Heather". I complained about the noise & asked her to ask the people to stop. She said she would "try her best", but they were having a wedding celebration & probably wouldn't last much longer. I told her I would wait 30 min & if no response, I would be calling the police. Heather called our room about 5 minutes later & spoke to my husband. She said the people were "friendly" & they would only be there about 10 more minutes. My husband told here that we were trying to sleep & their "friendliness" was not the issue.

The loud party continued unabated. A few minutes before midnight, I called the Lufkin Police Dept & made a report. The police responded quickly, the party dispersed & we were finally able to get some rest. When we checked out this morning, the clerk on duty expressed no regret for the horrendous evening we had endured at the Hampton Inn. Needless to say, we will NEVER stay at a Hampton Inn again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I frequently travel for work and the last two times the Hampton Inn in Kingston NY was not nearly as good as it had been in the past. It was paint smelly and the tub was dirty. It's not good and I do not plan on returning.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

Hampton Inn located on Hamton Blvd. near the Norfolk Naval Base is the dirtiest/filthiest hotel that I've ever stayed at and I'm a senior citizen. On the second day of our stay, they refused to clean the rooms. We were given 2 towels, no trash emptied. On the first night of our stay, the room was not vacuumed, bathroom floor was filthy, hallways were nasty, none of the trashcans were emptied. It was the nastiest hotel. Requested extra pillow in the morning. In the afternoon, went to the lobby to request the pillow again and the desk clerk was rude and said there were no pillows available. What hotel runs out of pillows early in the morning??? Rude staff, major cleanliness problem, bathtub would not drain. I felt like I needed to be paid for staying in such a filthy environment. Do not stay at this Hampton Inn. Poor management and Hilton needs to clean up their act!

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

Every single person, from housekeeping to the front desk staff and the management were always there to help and always had a smile on to greet everyone. We had several questions about different things and the staff, all of them, were eager to be of service. IF they did not know, which they always did except once, they eagerly found the answer. The breakfast bar was always well stocked and we loved the Texas waffles. The coffee was good and since I am a coffee drinker, this is important. Everything went well. 5 stars to the Hampton Inn in Tomball, Texas.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

I made a hotel reservation for Hampton Inn, Palatka, FL through Booking.com. The area was recently hit by a hurricane. I was not going to send my employee to the area without verifying they had a place to sleep. I made the reservation the day before. The employee drove 4 hours, worked all day and had no place to sleep. The Hampton Inn claimed they did not receive the reservation. The employee had a copy of the confirmation with them. The Hampton Inn stated they had no obligation to honor the reservation because we did not book with them directly. Since we used a third party, it was not their responsibility that they did not receive it and therefore they had no obligation to honor it. There were no vacancies in the entire city and my employee was offered to sleep in the lobby for free. Completely unacceptable. They should not be allowed to use a third party booking agency if they are not going to honor the reservations.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2017

We have been at the Hampton Inn in Emporia Va a number of times. They have so-called remodeled. I don't think they considered anything but saving money. If you have children it is bad. The room was described as having 2 queen size beds. I have one and this was not a queen size bed. When I had someone call the manager said they only have queen and king size beds. I guess I'm stupid. Also, there was a code violation. If it was in our room. I wonder how many other rooms are the same. Tried their customer service and of course NO one got back to me. I will follow up on this as much as I can. What they are doing is WRONG.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The Hampton Inn room in Ocala FL was very nice. The staff was great. They gave little extras like water, bacteria wipes for the room and earplugs. The free breakfast was very nice, too

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

In August I was part of a bus tour that spent the night at a Hampton Inn in Traverse City, MI. Due to weather I could not walk to a restaurant. The front desk was very helpful in providing take-out menus. Management also returned my gold earring left in the room. I was impressed.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Woodland, California: Hampton Inn and Suites. Monday, August 21, 2017: We went to breakfast, made a few trips up and down the elevator for extra coffee and to get a paper. Our children arrived and we separated out all of the things that they needed to put in their car from our room and they made several trips up and down the elevator. The floor was dry on every trip. The four of us enjoyed watching the eclipse from our room. It ended at 10:30 a.m. For the most part it was an especially pleasant time to visit and enjoy each other's company. We had scheduled the shuttle to the airport for 11 AM to take my husband and me to the airport. Alaska had sent an e-mail alert to allow extra time for traffic delays because of heavy flight activity after the eclipse. We left the room, about 10:35 AM, pulling our wheeled luggage to the single elevator in the hotel. The handle of my luggage was in my left hand. Another man was on the elevator already.

Unknown to us at the time, he was standing in front of the Wet Floor sign. I never saw it. I took one step into the elevator and flew into the air. My right wrist and arm and my right hip took the brunt of the fall. The floor was wet with cleaning solution that soaked through my clothing to the skin. I had great difficulty getting to my feet. I recall the Wet Floor sign being in my way and pushing it aside as I tried to move to get into position to regain a standing position. I could not use my right hand or arm, my right hip was throbbing and my left hand and arm could not get a grip because of the slippery floor. When I moved my feet trying to gain some kind of purchase they slipped right away from me. It took quite a while for me to stand and I realized that my right leg and hip were very painful and would not support my weight.

The gentleman informed our children that I would not have been able to see the sign because he was standing in front of it. He also said that when he arrived at the elevator, the janitor was still swishing the elevator floor with a soapy mop. He stated he had trouble negotiating the wet floor when he got on. I did not see the sign in the elevator until I was already on the floor. There was not one in front of the elevator which was open upon our arrival. My family held me up right on the way down to the main floor and lobby until I got myself into a chair. I was taken by ambulance to Woodland Healthcare Emergency Room for x-rays and treatment.

Management was unavailable. I was never offered an Accident Incident Report Form to complete. I have requested the form by e-mail and phone several times and received no response. Hilton Corp. responded to my request to report the incident by transferring my call to someone who was away from his office "on business." I asked for him to return my call. He has not. (By the way, I reported to the desk a wet tile floor with no signage the day before. As I left the Business Room after printing our airline boarding passes, I slipped and nearly fell on Sunday, August 20, 2017. No incident report or response was offered. Most people would not have stayed upright on that event. I did.)

I am 81 years old, my elderly and fragile husband relies on me for everything. Until my fall, I worked out on strength building, flexibility and exercise almost daily for 1-2 hours daily, in classes and at a Fitness Center. I had been walking at least once a week on a 6+ miles trek... 3 miles up a steep grade and 3 miles down. Or I did 1 hour or 1 1/2 hour on the Treadmill at 7% grade once a week. My average speed is 3.5-4 mph. When I do not go to the gym, I workout at home to rigorous 45 minute aerobic DVD's.

My personal fitness activity can be documented for the most part. I feel very strongly about my responsibility to take the best care of myself in order to not burden others and to be available to help my family and friends carry on a happy and meaningful life. It isn't just me that has loss from a painful and unnecessary fall and injuries. In my opinion, Hilton should be knocking on my door asking what they can do to make sure that their negligence should not occur to anyone else.

Updated on 09/19/2017: 9/13/17, 7:12 AM Hilton notified me that the mgr. Bhavini ** of the Woodland Hampton Inn would contact me within 3 business days. I responded that I would listen. Bhavini ** has received several e-mails and phone calls from me with my contact information. This is day 5 of M-F Business Days. Mgr. has not contacted me. September 18, 2017, 4:29:51 AM Hilton notified me that they were happy to see that they had been in touch with me and resolved my concerns for File **. Signed Jose, Corporate Guest Relations Specialist. September 18, 2017, 9:25:10 AM I responded to Jose: " I cannot imagine why you think you have resolved this issue."

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Stayed at the Hampton Inn because we had a mandatory evacuation during Hurricane Harvey on August 29 and 30th. They charged us daily on our PayPal card. When we checked out I thought the receipt was a summary of the two days we paid for in advance. On September 4, 2017, another charge adding up to the two days came out of my account. So this made an overcharge on their part. When I called them they were very casual about the overcharge and said it would be released tomorrow. No that's not ok with me, we need our money today, you are holding it and we have needs because of the flooding here in Houston. Shame on you HAMPTON INN for taking advantage of us during our time of need.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Horrible experience. Hotel management is rude. Air was not working, paid for two nights' and money was not refunded. Spoke with Ms. ** she was also rude. Was told to give Cynthia ** a call today so she could accommodate me.

Original review: July 30, 2017

My family and I were staying at Hampton Inn and suites, Sherman oaks, ca, while on vacation. As we were enjoying our free breakfast each morning, we noticed random people coming in from the outside through the front doors to come load up their numerous plates with the breakfast and then leave the hotel property. We totally felt unsafe about this, the elevators to guest rooms are right there in lobby as someone can follow a child or adult up to their rooms. There is also an ATM right there & someone can watch a guest withdraw money & follow them.

There was one security guard who goes inside & outside but is oblivious as he says hello to people leaving hotel property with numerous plates of breakfast for guests. The front desk & employees are pretty oblivious also. I am very dissatisfied about this, I am a silver honors member & especially for the rate they charge per night, we also had 2 rooms, it's very disappointing. I want to know what is going to be done about this. Especially to my family & I for how much we paid to stay there & I also used many of my points.

Original review: July 25, 2017

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Seattle after coming off an Alaskan cruise. We wanted to relax and spend some time by the pool. Upon check-in it was discovered the hotel is under major renovation. There was no carpet on the hallway floors and the rooms on either side of us were being worked on. All the workers were wearing masks to prevent them from breathing in the fumes from the paint, glue, drywall, etc. I went to the desk immediately after checking in and was told they work until 5 and all floors were under renovation so it wouldn't matter where in the hotel I was located. I asked about the pool and I was advised it was not open at this time as it too was under renovation. I did request to speak to a manager at that time and was told someone would call my room. I never heard from anyone. Upon checking out I requested to speak to a manager but it was very early and the manager was not in yet.

I did call later that day and spoke to a manager and was told they would process a refund and it should show up on my credit card in 5 - 7 business days. When it never showed up I called back and was told I had to call the Advanced Purchase department since that's how I made my reservation. I called there and they did a conference call with Esther at the hotel I stayed at and went over the procedure to process the refund. I still have not received the credit on my credit card. I called the local hotel again today and was told by the manager David ** I would need to contact another area and they can process my refund. I called 1-888-240-6152 and spoke to a Laneta. She advised me since they didn't process the payment they cannot process the refund back to my credit card. She indicated she would contact the local hotel and confirm it has not been processed yet (she said there were no notes a refund was in progress) and she would issue a check.

I did tell her how frustrated I was especially when I found out there were no notes in the system documenting any of my other calls. I have stayed at Hampton Hotels many times for personal and business reasons but have never had to request a refund. I will definitely think twice about booking another reservation with Hampton Inn, or any of their affiliates, whether for business or pleasure.

Original review: July 20, 2017

PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF FROM THE DAMNATION OF THIS PLACE!!! I walked into the lobby to hear the clerk tell another customer it wasn't her fault they (Hampton) lost her reservation and that there was nothing she could do about it, to find out the next day that I was charged TWO times for a room that I booked with Hilton honor points. SIX, yes SIX days later I am still trying to get a refund! So, one night stay cost me $560, 50k points and 5 bounced transactions due to their overcharge!! (Yeah, we work hard for our money and live on a budget). And to top it all off NO ONE FROM THIS LOCATION WILL RETURN MY PHONE CALLS!!!

Breakfast? They didn't have enough breakfast to accommodate all the guest. It looked like a pig slop line in there, No one maintaining the food, children licking the waffle cups, trash over running and the list goes on! Only half the elevators work and THE COFFEE POT STAYED EMPTY!!! Had to ask several times to get creamer after waiting on coffee. THIS PLACE IS TRASH!!! DO NOT TRUST THIS PLACE!!! I will be forever loyal to Airbnb.com. Please save yourself some time, money, effort and STRESS!! I can't stress enough the importance of staying far away from this location!!!

Original review: June 9, 2017

Poor Manager services. I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Walnut Grove in Memphis. During this stay I was not aware of some of the rooms not equipped with fridge nor microwave. There was nothing I could do at this point. So I had to go out and buy a cooler to keep my beverages and food cold for my family. My room had broken drawer, bed sheets and pillows had black stains on them that didn't look very clean. Shower head was not adjustable so when taking a shower water would get all over bathroom floor. You could hear others being intimate through walls. Breakfast area oatmeal very watery. Food was not great at all and when eating breakfast water came dripping from ceiling onto chair and table... how disgusting and was told that it comes from a non working ice machine on another floor.

When checking out I ask to speak with manager... stated to the manager some of my concerns. She was very tacky about the situation and threw in my face my points that I had stayed there with and basically said there is nothing and simply nothing she can do for me so I says, "Should I contact guest services?" She says, "That's up to you". So yes I have contacted Hilton on numerous occasions regarding different concerns. Nothing has been done about the rudeness of some of their staff members and always says someone will call me. Well no one calls and when I called to check on status of complaints the reps puts in bad wordings on me as if I'm the bad person.

Not to mention I was able to put a review out pertaining to my stay and shortly after the review I signed on to my account and notice this same manager basically was able to take some of my points 20000 and say they were loaned to me. How are you gonna take away points that you nor your hotel never gave to me. Second time this happening to me with Hilton. How are they just able to play in your account like that a major concern to me. Not trustworthy. If they can do that then they just may think they can play with your debit credit card. Help me understand. I need answers.

Original review: June 6, 2017

My family and I just spent the last week staying in four different Hampton Inns in four different states (Mississippi, North Carolina, Tennessee, and Missouri.). Each location was very similar. Below were the Pros and Cons. Pros: Customer service was fast and friendly. The rooms were all updated and maintained. Housekeeping was timely and housekeepers were friendly. One location the housekeeper left a friendly note to the would be customer. This was a great touch. Parking was sufficient and had plenty of places. Breakfast was average but tasty.

Cons: One location in Springfield, Missouri had bad reviews of people stealing cars and breaking into cars. We had to buy a steering wheel lock from the local Walmart just in case. We did not have any problems. Never saw the Hotel Manager. Typically it is good to see the management talking to customers and ensuring everything is ok. Lack of advertisement of the Hilton Honors app. I found the app on my own on the last day of our trip. Would have been nice to know about the app before hand. Thanks.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I stayed at Hampton Inn in Pennsylvania and booked the hotel thru Priceline. When I got to the hotel, the manager had the reservation, but still charged my credit card, saying that the credit card did not go thru. When I got back a few days later, I found out I was double charged by both, Priceline and Hampton Inn. I am tired of being double charged by Hampton Inn. If I was not vigilant I would be getting double charged. I am very unhappy about this.

Original review: April 30, 2017

Hampton Inn Hot Springs - Told the reservation lady I didn't know if 7 of us (tennis tournament) would be staying Wed through Sat or Sun. She said I should make it to Sun and I could cancel 24 hours before if I didn't need Saturday night because of weather and told them on Wed night when the schedule changed. Management did not give us AARP rate for Fri. I was not told the rate went up on Fri. Was only given one rate. I had to talk to Hampton Inn guest services and they told me that the manager didn't have to cancel Sat night. We were told we would get an email instead of a paper bill. Thursday we asked to speak to the manager face to face. Never happened. He always sent messages through an employee who had to speak to him to get an okay.

Original review: April 30, 2017

We checked in on April 7 to April 29, 2017. We were there for a funeral. The morning of the 28th (day of funeral), my husband took a shower, then it was my turn and the shower broke. Wasn't able to take a shower. Had to go to funeral. Didn't have time for them to fix shower. However, when we got back spoke to manager Seth, he was very professional and show some concerned and he did apologized for inconvenience. Changed our room and gave us 50% off, the other room he gave us, had a dirty microwave and the bathroom vent didn't work. The room to us was not worth the money. The hotel is dated and needs to updated. I was so disappointed with the hotel. I must say the customer service was very good. However the continental breakfast was very good!

Original review: April 24, 2017

This is kind of crazy. Hilton charged my account for staying at their Hampton Inn in Bluffton SC while in Brunswick Ga. My credit card company shut my credit card down from charges in two different states. I still don't understand why they charged my card. I called the front desk and I was told; I didn't have reservations so no charges were made. It appeared on my CC account and originated from that hotel in Bluffton. I was transferred to billing with no explanation. CC company cancelled my card, trick is I'm going out of town Thursday and need my card. The next credit card on file with Hilton will be my prepaid card from Walmart. What's even better, it's a Hilton honor card.

Original review: April 8, 2017

The air in our room did not work and the guests above us sounded like they were having a party. Called the front desk and told them about both issues. I was told to unplug the wall unit and try it again, still didn't work. I was also told they would see what was going on upstairs, that didn't work either as the noise continued beyond 12am. The staff was not interested in helping with either issue. Worst night ever! I will never stay at a Hampton Inn or associated hotel again! Definitely not worth the $120 I paid for the night! I would rate them zero stars if this site would let me!

Original review: April 6, 2017

I arrived at Hampton Inn Suites 2 weeks ago. Ever since then me and my mother and my fiance felt at home. The whole staff, cleaning crew and engineering department are outstanding. The all stars of this awesome hotel are Miss Letty, Miss Hope, Miss Heidi, Miss Angela, Miss Alyssa, Miss Taylor and Miss Courtney and the engineering department Mr. **. When you have an outstanding team you bless them and they would even do even more for this awesome company.

Original review: March 31, 2017

Dirtiest hotel I have stayed - Hampton Inn in Limerick Pa. The rooms are dirty, the staff are not accommodating, the bathrooms are filthy and sheets and towels are dirty with stains. I will never stay in Hampton Inns. Very bad.

Original review: March 23, 2017

We stayed a weekend to visit our daughter in mid March. I made reservation using Honors club in mid February and had to pay in advance for reservation for special price. I had to give up any right to cancel reservation. We had a very nice stay in a very nice suite. After returning home I noticed another charge on my credit card. They charged me again for the same stay. After a few phone calls they told me they were sorry and would credit my card. If I didn't have the time to look at my card online or go over bill I would have paid 2x. This doesn't seem to be a very honest way to do business. Will have to rethink staying here again. Again they were very nice on phone. Very sorry but if I didn't catch this it would be money out of my pocket. I wonder how many others this has happened too that didn't catch it.

Resolution response: March 29, 2017

Thank you for sending the two certificates. However, I'm not sure we or any of our family members will use them considering how poorly we were treated by management, Marrissa at the Carlsbad, NM Hampton.

Original review: March 12, 2017

After a long 8 hour drive to the Hampton Inn and Suites in Carlsbad, NM my credit card was charged $200 more than the initial 2 e-mailed confirmations! I was explained by the manager that this was just a soft, temporary hit to my account and would fall off in 72 hours. She also told me she would go over the daily charges with us and make sure that they are corrected. She never did any of that. She then told us she would "comp." the first day, NEVER done.

After staying there for 3 days the sheets were still not changed! I called down to the front desk and asked them if they could be changed which led to the manager abruptly calling our room in a hostile manner asking if she could come up and talk to us. She came up and proceeded to shove a clipboard in my face saying that their cleaning people signed off on the sheets being changed which I showed her they weren't and had to prove to her they weren't! WHAT A STRESSFUL experience for the entire week and it was suppose to be a relaxing vacation!

Original review: March 10, 2017

I have stayed at Hampton Inn several times. We were always satisfied. NOT THIS THIS TIME. Last week we stayed at the Hampton Inn on rt 17 Mahwah New Jersey. When we checked Stephinie at the desk made us feel not welcome. I came back to desk because the key card did not work. She said (nasty), "You have to wait. I am busy." I said, "I want to get in my room." She said, "You will have to wait." At the time no one was at the desk.

That night when I came in I asked about a $130 charge. That clerk said, "I don`t know." A man next to her said, "We hold that in case you damage the room." I could not believe what I was hearing. That night they took another $325 out of my account. In the am I called the manager Michele. "You get it back when you check out." The room rate was $118 including tax. I complained to my bank. I called Michele and told her, "Put my money back or I will press charges." The money was credited back. We had to be in the area a few more days. We ran from that place. I called the Hampton Inn in Nanuet NY. It is only a 10 minute on the NY Thruway. I called the desk and spoke to Ebany. Her friendly voice said, "Come on over. We will be waiting for ya." When I arrived with my wife Tall Ebony and a man (I think) Justin saw us and said welcome. They were so nice.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

We have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Pennsville NJ many times and never had major problems but this time (it is our last time) the desk staff lied about what she had told me on the phone. The manager said nothing, promised to follow up but did nothing and tried to pass it off to reservation, who then passed it off to customer service who could do nothing and passed it back to the hotel. I was assured I would be contacted within 72 business hours. Not sure what that means since the hotel is open 24/7. It has now been 7 days and so far nothing. If they hope I will just go away, they are sadly mistaken!!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I had very worst experience from Hampton Inn Chelsea. I checked in to Hotel on 6th Feb and check out the hotel on 19th Feb after clearing all my balance to zero. My stay was in Room No. 607. When I checked my bank statement on 21st, I could see that they have deducted $1635.16 from my account on 20th Feb (My statement shows in IST, so it is showing 21st Feb). I called the Hotel front desk and they are saying that there is no such transaction reflecting in their account. I am working with Bank fraud department for a investigation on this. I never had any such worst experience with any other Hotels.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I booked a room at the Hampton Inn located at 6082 Transit Rd Lockport NY. I booked this room 2 days in advance for Valentines Day 2/14/17. It is new and super convenient due to it being down the street from my home. Me and my significant other checked out the following morning and I decided to pay cash. They then informed me that it may take up to 3 days for them to release the hold on my card.

Later on that night I checked my bank statement and was mortified to see that in addition to the $150 they also were holding $250. I called to inquire about the charge and was informed that they were charging me for smoking! I assured the manager that was impossible. I don't smoke! I have more respect for my name than to tarnish it that way! And I live literally 4 minutes away it's not worth the $250 plus the $150 I already paid. I informed him my boyfriend does smoke cigarettes but smoked in his vehicle so I am basically being charged for him smelling like cigarettes? The manager then says in fact he was present when all this was verified and they have evidence, I asked what was the evidence he stated the evidence was the smell! No seriously! So I informed him that I would have to file a complaint. He says coldly that he already notified his superiors.

Later that evening my fiance calls and apologizes to management for smelling like smoke but reassures him that he didn't! Management then tells my fiance that in addition to a "cigarette smell" they also smelled marijuana! Now I talked to the same manager and was never informed of this! So I have contacted the BBB as well as all the proper corporate channels at the Hilton and they all have treated me with no regard. To them what management says is law. So my money is good but my word isn't...Just terrible.

I have even reached out and asked an advocate to step in and maybe address the situation more formally. In their response they gave a basic timeline of my stay except they referred to me as the second guest and fiance as the main individual. Which is completely false because I...a woman...booked the hotel and checked in and out. I point this out to my advocate who felt that was a valid point! And should be because they made everything up!

In between hearing a response I check my statement again and noticed they took the $250 and additional $250 was pending... so they are trying to take it twice! I called them and they were acting so dismissive about it told me to wait til Monday! So I then went down there about 30 minutes later to physically show them my bank statement. The female I spoke to agreed that it was strange and to make sure I come back Monday if it was still the same.

Before I can make it home I receive an email from my advocate stating that management was not willing to refund me because I just left complaining and smelling like marijuana! How convenient! These people have gotten $400 out of me and have the nerve to have an additional $250 of my money tied up. And no one seems to care! I feel so violated just robbed! You'd think they'd acknowledge all the effort I have gone through! Something has to been done! They just took my money!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2017

I have been to a number of Hampton Inn hotels. Most experiences went pretty well. I didn't have the problems mentioned by a number of other posters. I've had several particularly good experiences with the Hampton Inn in Clinton MS. The staff is the friendliest and most helpful of any of the Hampton Inns I have visited (especially the front desk and food services), not that the other locations weren't friendly and helpful, but the one in Clinton MS more so. JoJo, who does the breakfast service is always polite and cheerful, and will do her best to get you what you need for breakfast. It's been a great experience each visit. Kudos to the staff and management for such a well run and amenable location.

Hampton Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.

• Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.

• Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.

• Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.

• Best for: Hampton Inn is best for those who want good service but would rather save than have extra amenities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs