3.3/5 (646 ratings)

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: March 1, 2022

I arrived at the hotel for a soccer tournament weekend along with many other teams. The lady checking us in was very pleasant, and the hotel even decorated the lobby in soccer theme. The bathroom wasn't very clean, there were hairs on the counter, on the actual bathroom door, shower wall, and the floor behind the bathroom door hasn't been cleaned in a while. After unpacking, and settling in, my son found a small bug crawling next to him. I got a Kleenex, and thought I squeezed it, but it was still alive, so I put it in a cup, and called the front desk. They sent up the shuttle driver with plastic gloves and a paper towel to retrieve it. He wouldn't touch the cup or kleenex, and said he does not know what it was. I showed him the picture of a bed bug, and a close up picture I took of the bug found. Exactly the same!

I went to the front desk, where I was moved to another floor, and told that an Inspector would be called in and I would be notified the following day. I was not notified, and when asked at the front desk about the situation, I was told by the Mgr. on duty that it was not a bed bug, and they couldn't do anything for me, but said she would add a few points to my account. I also noticed that they cleaned the room, and put new guests in there. I was very disappointed with everything, especially how I was just brushed off like it was not a big deal. I could of made a huge deal and told all guests about the situation, but did not.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Hampton Inn in Hilliard, Ohio is by far the worst stay I’ve ever encountered. Manager’s behavior was so unprofessional & incredibly rude (Eddie **). Indoor pool was closed, room smelled dirty/musty, tub had rust & stunk horribly, and cabinets had broken handles. Mr. ** knocked on my door to ask me if the child wandering in the hallway was mine. I have 3 young boys and all three were in my care in the room. He mocked me and was disrespectful after I told him I’m posting a not-so-great review about the dump he manages. He was angry and called the cops to have us removed.

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I was extremely impressed with the nighttime front desk attendant, Cory, who was a tremendous help with the business office tools. In addition, in the morning he stepped up to the plate when another employee did not show up to set up breakfast and after waiting 45 past the start time he jumped in to set it up when it was clearly not his responsibility. The Hampton Inn is lucky to have a someone who takes pride in his work at such a young age. He truly deserves a raise for what he did this morning.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I was at the Brentwood, TN Hampton Inn on 13-14 February 2022 and here's my impression.

Facility: gorgeous
    Staff: Top Tier

Information: (about surrounding stores and restaurants) Right on the money.

Would like to specifically commend Jennifer **, DJ ** and the nice ol' guy (92!) that flawlessly ran the magnificent breakfast. Thanks folks!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I usually love the Hampton Inn but this time a bed bug was found in one of the beds. I am horrified that now my daughter and 3 friends have to worry about bed bugs finding their way to our homes. Yuck. Front desk was made aware and gave them 50% off but now we don't know if we can go back. It's too bad because the hotel in general was fine. She will have the heebie jeebies for weeks now.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

What really annoys me about US hotels these days is the advertising of REGULAR ROOMS as "suites," of which this hotel is guilty. I need an actual suite for business reasons and was tricked by the name "Hampton Inn and SUITES." The "suite" that I had supposedly reserved was actually a little smaller than a regular hotel room with barely room to walk between the beds and dresser. The desk clerk also touted a "wet bar" in the room; there was no such thing, just a little refrigerator. Topping this all off is an elevator that announces its arrival with "fire bell" - good luck if you're near it. All in all, not a property worthy of the name, "Hampton Inn & Suites." No suites, no room.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

My wife and I along with our 5 year old grandson staying 2 nights at the Hampton Inn in Sturgis, Mi. 12-04 and 12/05/2021. Very noisy rooms and extremely uncomfortable beds. 2 almost entirely sleepless nights. I am very disappointed with our stay. I always thought the Hilton chain was much better than this!

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Reno West. Vehicle was burglarized (value of property stolen +$25k) in their parking lot at about 3:00 AM. Received no assistance from hotel management or from anyone associated with Hilton. After weeks of being completely ignored by management, and numerous emails begging for security camera footage, footage was provided and was completely inadequate to provide any sort of assistance, even if it would have provided in a timely manner. I'm told the hotel updated their security cameras after the incident. In summary, in the span of about 8 hours, I was burglarized at the hotel property, and received zero support from any hotel employees until weeks later, when I was provided unusable security footage and told that the Hampton Inn is not liable for any damages. I will never be a patron of a Hilton establishment ever again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

On 10/09 KYERIE at the Hampton Inn Hotel in Williamsport was very discriminatory in addressing my situation. We both had a misunderstanding over the phone with the booking, it was the wrong hotel to begin with however I let that slide and worked with it. I booked for the morning since I'm a nurse who works night shift. When I went to collect my room key, she said she booked me for Friday night and I only had 2 hours to sleep and leave 11a.m. she said I would have to pay again to extend the time. She was very condescending and had no remorse towards the situation. I never stayed the 2 hours because of the way her attitude was towards me, I left and slept in my car. Imagine that! How inhumane!

I called customer service and reported it, by the time I called, KYERIE already went into the reservation and added all lies to protect her grounds. This was verbalized to me by the customer service representative when he said he saw a note KYERIE placed in the record. Today 10/18/21 I called into customer service to follow up, the representative I spoke to today said the person I reported the case to on the 10/09 did not file a case. This is how you deal with people like they are nothing? I will never every recommend this hotel to anyone especially minority. If I could give 0 rating I would!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Room was unclean, requested cleaning 2nd day, no service provided, I had to get towels to take bath. Old and wet towels lay untouched 3 days, requested cleaning again, no response. Requested fresh towels and bath cloths, no response whatsoever. Desk clerk exerted no effort other than tell me he could not get my room cleaned, disintegrate felted and all fresh linen.. No response, no one did anything, worst hotel experience of my life. After 2 nights sleeping in squalor, I checked out.

Hampton Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.

• Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.

• Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.

• Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.

Hampton Inn Company Information