2.49/5

247 Hampton Inn Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 8, 2019

I live in Clayton and was looking for a quiet weekend getaway. Well what do you know, I found it in my own backyard! Hampton Inn! I had a wonderful time, the moment I walked in I was greeted by Jancie - such a warm friendly person. Oh and I must not forget Mathew smile....Everything was great. Had a lovely room. Bed was very comfy. Had a wonderful night of much needed rest. And I loved the "coverlet". Would like to get one smile.... Shout-out to housekeeper Iris. Thanks again. And also to Jerry. Will definitely be back! Vj 07/8/2019

Original review: May 16, 2019

I recently spent a week at the Hampton Inn in Selma, Texas. The General Manager is Delma **. The service from the front desk, to the breakfast room personnel, to housekeeping was the best. I was pleasantly greeted every time I walked into the hotel and each time I left. Everyone was professional in dress and how they treated others. I would highly recommend this hotel and plan to come here again.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I stayed at the Hampton Inn Raynham MA for seven nights Apr-May 2019. Very clean hotel with a terrific staff. Welcome cookies at 3pm. Actually very good cookies! Housekeeping Staff does a really nice job. Around the clock coffee bar... really nice. Check in/out is a quick pleasant experience. Really friendly people. The only complaint I have is the free breakfast needs a little work. It isn't terrible by any means but they don't have eggs every morning and the meat (sausage and bacon) quality isn't good either. Otherwise the fruit, yogurts, bread products are fine. Waffles are available as well. Several juices will make the little ones happy as well. Laundry, pool, computer room are available most hours of the day. I've stayed here many times over the years and have never been disappointed.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We arrived late evening to Hampton Inn Chambersburg PA on May 02, 2019. They couldn’t accommodate us, but they were extremely helpful with calling another Hamptons Inn around and ask them about vacancies. They even recharged my cellphone, while I was talking on phone. Wrote address, exits, directions and wished us all the best. Beautiful people and excellent front hotel service. Thank you. Tat

Original review: Dec. 11, 2018

A day stay in New York City celebrating granddaughter's birthday was awesome until we missed our train home! It was the last train and no buses available until the next day. We decided to stay in the city overnight was our best/safest option. We went to the Hampton Inn, hoping for a room on this busy Saturday night. A room for the night was available for a "price" we weren't prepared for. Jeremy ** - was on the front desk and searched for any and all discounts, he made a call and was able to give us a much better rate.

While staying in the city at Christmas on a Saturday night is expensive (in my standards) we so much appreciated Jeremy's efforts in securing discounts. He explained the free breakfast available in the morning and advised us that we could get it to go, as our train was leaving early in the morning. Our room was clean, comfortable and we felt secure. I will make it a point to stay at this hotel (41st Street in the theater district) on my next overnight stay in the city. Thank you Jeremy!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2019

I recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Heritage Park hotel in Lincoln NE and experienced extremely unprofessional and untrustworthy service from the hotel and the manager Lynn in particular. I stayed at the hotel for an extended period as part of my medical team is located in Lincoln, NE. Separately, my family has another very serious medical situation going on back in Palo Alto California. About a week and a half before I was to leave Lincoln for my family's surgery in Palo Alto, I asked the front desk manager Luke whether it would be possible to leave my car in the hotel's parking lot while I was gone for the surgery. He told me I could. Had he told me no or otherwise I would have easily planned my trip differently and went to another hotel as I have done this at least four different times in the last couple of years at various hotels. Each time I have asked the person at the hotel front desk, and trusted and relied upon their guidance.

A day or so before I left the hotel for California, I asked the person at the front desk again to confirm that it would be ok. It was Luke again, and he told me it was ok and told me where I should park. I told him and showed him exactly where I was currently parked, as this seemed to be where he indicated I should park. I checked out on the morning of my departure when I took a Lyft ride to the airport from the hotel, and Shai, the manager at the desk that morning acknowledged prior to my having said anything that "(I) would be coming back through" Lincoln and the hotel again when I returned, and I told her at that time I wasn't quite sure of my date but that I would let them know as soon as I did to hold a room for me. I also asked and was given permission from Shai to have a package sent to me at the hotel.

I later learned that despite the permission Luke had given me on at least two different occasions that the hotel had my car ticketed a few days following my departure, and then had my car towed a week following that. Upon receiving some sort of a notice in the US post mail, I called the hotel and learned the hotel had had my car towed. I happened to get Luke when I called and whom I told I was very upset about this as he had specifically given me permission to leave my car in their parking lot. He said yes, that he remembered our conversations and didn't say anything more. He told me on the second time that I called that he would have one of the managers call me that evening. Nobody called me.

I called at least four times from then into the next day before the general manager Lynn returned my telephone call the following day. She read me a list of her justifications for having had my car towed, all of which were mute in the face and fact that her employee had told me this was ok. She even told me that Luke told her that he thought I was only going to leave my car there for a night - which doesn't even make sense. I could have easily moved my car to a different hotel or to the airport had Luke or anyone else not ok'ed my leaving my car in their lot. Lynn, the hotel general manager, yelled at me that I should have asked the "general manager" for something like this. How was I supposed to know this? I trusted that her employee had the authority to make such a commitment, and that he would have referred me otherwise had he not.

She told me, amongst other things, that she didn't know to whom the car belonged. Luke knew, or should have known. The police whom she called to have my car ticketed could have told her in a minute. Plus, I believe the hotel takes guests' car information upon check-in, and so the hotel would have had my car information in their system. Several employees knew I was moving from California, and my car has CA plates and was full of my stuff. Still, the classless and unprofessional manager of Lynn thought it was ok to yell at me, that it was all my fault and that I should not have relied upon the word of the front desk person who had told me on at least a couple of different occasions I was fine to leave my car in the hotel parking lot, shirking any kind of responsibility for what her employees had told me and her having had my car towed. She has zero integrity as a manager of a hotel and extremely poorly represents the Hilton brand.

I told her I was going to call Hilton Honors about my experience, as I am considered a premier Gold or Diamond member (not that this matters in terms of how a guest is treated - however, I became a Hilton Honors member to reap the benefits associated with this loyalty). Lynn telephone Hilton Honors within a minute of my ending the conversation (case #**) as upon my calling HH, by the time my telephone conversation had ended Cynthia (the HH associate) told me Lynn had already telephoned in knowing that I was going to call, and that a case number had just been assigned. Terrible manager - I can't even believe the protocol of how a Hilton hotel general manager could think it is ok to yell at a good former guest who relied upon and trusted the word of her employee and go against or otherwise not uphold or honor, her employee's word. Absolutely no class, hospitality or professionalism.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

I feel this hotel has preconceived notions about certain guest. They had a cleanliness issue in the room I was put in. I saw a roach on one of my queen beds and also the foundation of the bed was deteriorating. The metal frame of the bed stuck out and my girlfriend hit her ankle on it. I made the front desk aware that night and the GM who denied being the GM then offered to compensate me my free night back. The general manager lied and did not a thing to compensate me as promised. I still have pics of the roach in the room on the bed and the GM personally took the roach or bed bug in the napkin. I will be seeking damages.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2019

When arriving at the hotel workman had the front entrance almost blocked and we had to walk over extension cords, tarps and tools, and under moving lift baskets with men in them. After check in, we walked to the elevators, and only 1 of them was working all weekend with a packed hotel. Very slow process. Then my husband's keycard wouldn't work, so had to get another. The front desk had told us a side door would be shorter access to the elevator but the outside key pad wouldn't work with anyone's key (another guest tried his too). There was cut hair in the corners of the bathroom! God only knows whose it was and how long it had been there!

This hotel is in a city that hosts multiple classic and racing shows and the parking lot of this hotel has absolutely NO room for parking a pickup truck with a trailer. We had to call the manager at the neighboring Bob Evans restaurant and get his permission to park in their lot. Thankfully he was very nice and allowed us to. I am a member of IHG and we always stay at the Holiday Inn Express, but they were booked solid when trying to find a room. I will never stay at a Hampton Inn again, anywhere! In fairness, their breakfast was ok but skimpy, they did have hot coffee all day long, and the air conditioner worked. Beds weren't bad, and clean. They did come in while we're gone and straighten up things, but HAIR was STILL in the bathroom in the same place. Staff was polite and courteous.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Stayed at the Hampton Inn in Lewiston Maine with my family to celebrate friend's wedding. When making reservations asked if hotel was pet friendly, they said yes. When I arrived at the hotel they were not welcoming of my 15 pound three-year-old puppy. I couldn’t go anywhere in the hotel because everybody had something to say that the dog didn’t belong. I only could have the dog in the room if I was in the room. I was not allowed to go and leave the dog alone in the hotel room if I wanted to go in the lobby for free breakfast. How is this pet friendly?? Best hotel for traveling with pet is Residence Inn by Marriott.

Resolution response: July 31, 2019

UPDATE! Since my write-up regarding Hampton Inn, Kingsland, GA I have been contacted by them through an email to advise me that they are crediting my account for 1/2 of my payment on the room, and it should arrive in the mail. There was also an apology. So, in all fairness, this also needs to be publicized.

Original review: July 28, 2019

When my husband turned back the sheets in our room at the Hampton Inn in Kingsland, GA THIS is what greeted him. Blood stained sheets. We had two beds in this room, and when I pulled back my sheets they looked like they'd been slept on and also not changed. The clerk at the desk had to find clean sheets, and 40 minutes later the bedding was changed. No comps were offered, and no refund, not even a partial refund. Not only that, but adding insult to injury, instead of a "hold, and release" on our credit card, the clerk had done a "charge, and refund" so as of this writing, four days since our stay, we're still waiting for it to clear off our statement. We used to be big fans of the Hampton Inn's, and always went out of our way to find them when traveling, now we'll go out of our way to avoid them.

Hampton Inn expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.

• Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.

• Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.

• Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.

• Best for: Hampton Inn is best for those who want good service but would rather save than have extra amenities.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs