4.0/5 (142 ratings)

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Nina at the front desk was extremely professional, kind and helpful. Would certainly return, as I was happy with other aspects of the stay as well. Always enjoy being in the Cincy area for the Western Southern Open. Thanks!

Original review: June 15, 2022

My husband and I booked a room through Hotels.com. During the night there was a power outage. The smoke detector beeped all night. Hampton told me I needed to speak with a manager who works nights... Come to find out that was the manager pacifying my issue... Her name was Bridgette.. She likes to argue with customers. Evidently when one is stuck with a beeping smoke detector there is nothing the hotel can do to satisfy a customer and hotels.com isn't interested in helping either. Actually, the customer service rep through Hampton/Hilton corporate laughed before I hung up. I don't think losing $256 is very funny at all.

I find it very hard to believe that Hampton Inn had no one available to assist that night and not willing to satisfy a dissatisfied customer. Not even comp a room in lieu of a refund. I'll never stay there again and plan to advise my place of business never to use them which has 10000 employees. The hotel that I always used when I would visit my home town is not a hotel I will ever see again. Hampton Inn has no interest in supporting their customers... Cross your fingers that you have a satisfactory stay..

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 12, 2022

I checked the corners of the bed sheets for bugs and found 2 syringes and a large spoon under the mattress. The elevator was sticky, the toilet clogged, not enough towels... When I booked, chose the snacks option and wasn't provided it until I called to ask... quality of service could provide me a credit for my room. They will not.

Original review: May 20, 2022

After a long day of travel stopped in Santa Rosa, NM at Hampton Inn, bed looked like a child had made it, the bathroom, need a good cleaning, the towel were wore and frayed. Air conditioner was loud. Breakfast, eggs, and oatmeal cold. Always have felt we could trust Hampton Inn to have a clean, comfortable place to rest, this was not the case this time. This Hampton Inn need to retrain their staff, and update their hotel.

G.C.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I arrived at the hotel for a soccer tournament weekend along with many other teams. The lady checking us in was very pleasant, and the hotel even decorated the lobby in soccer theme. The bathroom wasn't very clean, there were hairs on the counter, on the actual bathroom door, shower wall, and the floor behind the bathroom door hasn't been cleaned in a while. After unpacking, and settling in, my son found a small bug crawling next to him. I got a Kleenex, and thought I squeezed it, but it was still alive, so I put it in a cup, and called the front desk. They sent up the shuttle driver with plastic gloves and a paper towel to retrieve it. He wouldn't touch the cup or kleenex, and said he does not know what it was. I showed him the picture of a bed bug, and a close up picture I took of the bug found. Exactly the same!

I went to the front desk, where I was moved to another floor, and told that an Inspector would be called in and I would be notified the following day. I was not notified, and when asked at the front desk about the situation, I was told by the Mgr. on duty that it was not a bed bug, and they couldn't do anything for me, but said she would add a few points to my account. I also noticed that they cleaned the room, and put new guests in there. I was very disappointed with everything, especially how I was just brushed off like it was not a big deal. I could of made a huge deal and told all guests about the situation, but did not.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2022

Hampton Inn in Hilliard, Ohio is by far the worst stay I’ve ever encountered. Manager’s behavior was so unprofessional & incredibly rude (Eddie **). Indoor pool was closed, room smelled dirty/musty, tub had rust & stunk horribly, and cabinets had broken handles. Mr. ** knocked on my door to ask me if the child wandering in the hallway was mine. I have 3 young boys and all three were in my care in the room. He mocked me and was disrespectful after I told him I’m posting a not-so-great review about the dump he manages. He was angry and called the cops to have us removed.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I was extremely impressed with the nighttime front desk attendant, Cory, who was a tremendous help with the business office tools. In addition, in the morning he stepped up to the plate when another employee did not show up to set up breakfast and after waiting 45 past the start time he jumped in to set it up when it was clearly not his responsibility. The Hampton Inn is lucky to have a someone who takes pride in his work at such a young age. He truly deserves a raise for what he did this morning.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I was at the Brentwood, TN Hampton Inn on 13-14 February 2022 and here's my impression.

Facility: gorgeous
    Staff: Top Tier

Information: (about surrounding stores and restaurants) Right on the money.

Would like to specifically commend Jennifer **, DJ ** and the nice ol' guy (92!) that flawlessly ran the magnificent breakfast. Thanks folks!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

I usually love the Hampton Inn but this time a bed bug was found in one of the beds. I am horrified that now my daughter and 3 friends have to worry about bed bugs finding their way to our homes. Yuck. Front desk was made aware and gave them 50% off but now we don't know if we can go back. It's too bad because the hotel in general was fine. She will have the heebie jeebies for weeks now.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

What really annoys me about US hotels these days is the advertising of REGULAR ROOMS as "suites," of which this hotel is guilty. I need an actual suite for business reasons and was tricked by the name "Hampton Inn and SUITES." The "suite" that I had supposedly reserved was actually a little smaller than a regular hotel room with barely room to walk between the beds and dresser. The desk clerk also touted a "wet bar" in the room; there was no such thing, just a little refrigerator. Topping this all off is an elevator that announces its arrival with "fire bell" - good luck if you're near it. All in all, not a property worthy of the name, "Hampton Inn & Suites." No suites, no room.

Hampton Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.

• Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.

• Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.

• Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.

Hampton Inn Company Information