3.9/5 (372 ratings)

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

The front desk agent was fast, efficient, kind and welcoming. We were checked in to a mobility accessible room. I loved being able to get a picture of the "welcome to the great lakes state" wall design so easily. I was tired after a long drive. This made getting my picture of where I was for the night easy. It's a small thing for the hotel to do but a big thing for someone on a long trip on a one night stay. The lobby and breakfast area was spotless. There was a booth with a tablet for use by travelers. The elevator was reflective without a single fingerprint. We went from floor 1 - 4 quietly and effortlessly. It was as fast going up 3 floors as it was just closing the doors. My room was directly across from the elevators. The digital key on my phone's app worked perfectly. I was able to handle the door and my Service Dog. The door fully closed automatically behind me.

When I went into the bathroom, I pulled on every safety bar and tested every faucet. EVERY bar was completely solid (and I weigh over 200lbs).. The faucets worked. They ran hot and cold. The water appropriately ran into the sink, even with the faucet placed in the corner. The bathroom/closet door had the correct stoppers in place. There were also enough handles to make it easy for me to use. Hooks were strategically placed. I could reach several inside the bathroom and the lobby of our room. I appreciated that the headboard and wall art reflected the local personality. Everything in the room was amazingly CLEAN. I walked around on tan socks. The floor and carpet were CLEAN as well. The only fault that I could find is that the refrigerator should have been turned on since they knew we were coming. A warm refrigerator takes 24 hours to cool down to the correct temperature.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Nina at the front desk was extremely professional, kind and helpful. Would certainly return, as I was happy with other aspects of the stay as well. Always enjoy being in the Cincy area for the Western Southern Open. Thanks!

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I was extremely impressed with the nighttime front desk attendant, Cory, who was a tremendous help with the business office tools. In addition, in the morning he stepped up to the plate when another employee did not show up to set up breakfast and after waiting 45 past the start time he jumped in to set it up when it was clearly not his responsibility. The Hampton Inn is lucky to have a someone who takes pride in his work at such a young age. He truly deserves a raise for what he did this morning.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2022

I was at the Brentwood, TN Hampton Inn on 13-14 February 2022 and here's my impression.

Facility: gorgeous
    Staff: Top Tier

Information: (about surrounding stores and restaurants) Right on the money.

Would like to specifically commend Jennifer **, DJ ** and the nice ol' guy (92!) that flawlessly ran the magnificent breakfast. Thanks folks!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2023

We stay at the Gloucester Virginia Courthouse Hampton Inn approximately 8 to 10 times a year. We’ve noticed things have gone downhill lately. I had to go find and tell the lobby desk person that the hot water in the lobby was empty. I had to ask the lady who works in the dining room for butter. We had to wait approximately 5 minutes for the water to get hot in our room. And the worst thing we observed was a guy who came into the kitchen serving area in a bathrobe and slippers. It was disgusting. It is obvious to us that the quality of this hotel has diminished greatly in the last year. Unfortunately there are not many hotels in Gloucester to consider.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

My husband and I have always stayed at Hampton Inns when we travel, but we will not be staying at this one ever again. We travel with a small dog (11 pounds) who is very well-behaved. She is non-shedding, doesn’t chew furniture or have accidents, and is never left alone. It is common for a nice hotel to charge a nominal fee for a pet—we understand this, and have gladly paid the $25 nightly charge at every other Hampton Inn that we have stayed at since their corporate office instituted this charge.

We were in for a rude surprise when we checked out of the Hampton Inn in Nacogdoches, however. The pet fee at this Hampton Inn was $75 per night—three times what other Hamptons charge. We were not informed of this non-refundable fee in advance, even when we signed their pet authorization form. Yes, this charge is mentioned on their website—good luck finding it, however, especially when you book through a third-party site, or assume that all Hampton Inns charge the same amount for a pet.

I get that their rooms were recently renovated, but our little dog did not damage the room or furnishings at all. Most people would have left a bigger mess than she did (none). We always tidy our room before we leave, and make sure to leave a tip for the housekeeper. For the $75 extra we had to pay for the 9 hours we were there (not to mention the price we actually were charged for the room), we could have stayed at the Red Roof Inn for three nights.

We would have, and always have been, willing to pay an extra $25 per night for our pet. But $75 per night is unreasonable and untenable. We even would be willing to pay the $75 upfront if it were a refundable fee, knowing that we would get at least $50 of it back after proving our dog did no harm to the room. But a non-refundable pet fee of $75 PER NIGHT is beyond ridiculous. It seems to me that Hampton Inn is in need of a uniform corporate policy to regulate what individual hotels can whiz you for a nightly pet fee. We will not stay here again.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2022

This place is disgusting. Health department for the city of Houston should shut it down until mitigation of mold and musty smell can be removed. Owners know about it as it has been reviewed before but nothing is being done.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

The Hampton on Van Voorhis in Morgantown WV does not stand behind its 100% guarantee and ignores complaints. The internet doesn’t work, the bathroom has no towel racks, the rooms have 3 dim light bulbs, there’s one blanket in the musty cabinet for 2 beds, and the breakfast buffet is underwhelming. If you drink caffeinated tea, forget it. The customer desk is manned on weekends only by a guy working construction on the hotel—a nice guy, but that’s not his job. We’re Hilton Honors customers and my complaints were completely ignored.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2022

The check-In process was excellent. My daughter & son-in-law stated the room was excellent accommodations. My family traveled from Durham, NC to Tabor City to attend their grandmother 80th birthday party. My daughter's birthday was 12-9-22, a miracle daughter who survived 5 bullets from a gunshot & a survivor of Leukemia. My daughter & son-in-law was checked into the Hampton Inn at 9PM on 12-10-22, traveling from Tabor City to Fayetteville. The staff at the Hampton Inn harassed them on the morning of 12-11-22 from 11:30-12 Noon, calling them & banging on the door. This is unacceptable behavior because we were promised an extended checkout of 12 Noon. My contact number is **. Location: HAMPTON INN FAYETTEVILLE FORT BRAGG. HAMPTON INN FAYETTEVILLE FORT. 1700 SKIBO ROAD, FAYETTEVILLE, NC 28303.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

Questionable Morals here. My wife, in our haste to get to the airport at 3am forgot a bag of jewelry in our room containing a family heirloom and several pieces I’ve bought her over the years. My wife called a day after our stay, once realizing the bag of jewelry was missing, spoke to two of the management staff who both attested to never having seen the bag. When returning to AZ a couple weeks later we ran over to the hotel to double check if it had turned up and it was then that one of the management staff (one with whom my wife had spoken to over the phone) claims having seen the bag the day after we left in the manager’s office but never called us.

Now the bag is missing and we feel we’ve been lied to. Called Hilton Honors to get some help and they were useless. The GM would have conducted his/her own internal investigation which is comparable to my stealing your car and letting me do the investigation, pointless! We’re DONE with anyone or any hotel affiliated with Hampton or Hilton. I have no room in my life for people/companies of this caliber. Hope this doesn’t happen to anyone else!

Hampton Inn author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Hampton Inn was founded in 1984 as a member of the Holiday Inn family. Hilton Worldwide acquired it in 1999, and its name changed to Hampton by Hilton in 2007. There are currently over 2,100 locations around the world.

• Hilton property: Hilton owns Hampton, so guests can use their Hilton HHonors rewards at this brand. These properties also support the same community initiatives as Hilton Hotels and Suites.

• Satisfaction guarantee: Hampton has a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee. If a guest does not feel the hotel met their expectations of service or cleanliness, they will not be charged for their stay.

• Fresh bedding: Hampton’s Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed program ensures that guest bedding is always clean. Duvet covers are washed between each guest’s stay, and all bedding is white, making it easy for travelers to spot dirt.

• Free hot breakfast: All guests at Hampton receive a free hot breakfast every morning. Options include fresh waffles and oatmeal as well as cereal, yogurt, fruit and more. On the Run Breakfast Bags are available on weekday mornings for guests who need to get out the door quickly.

• Special discounts: Hampton offers special discounted rates to many groups, including AAA, CAA and AARP members as well as members of the military and their families and those 65 and older. They also have special promotions throughout the year.

Hampton Inn Company Information