3.3/5 (649 ratings)

About Hampton Inn

Hampton Inn Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: Nov. 19, 2021

Stayed at the Hampton Inn Reno West. Vehicle was burglarized (value of property stolen +$25k) in their parking lot at about 3:00 AM. Received no assistance from hotel management or from anyone associated with Hilton. After weeks of being completely ignored by management, and numerous emails begging for security camera footage, footage was provided and was completely inadequate to provide any sort of assistance, even if it would have provided in a timely manner. I'm told the hotel updated their security cameras after the incident. In summary, in the span of about 8 hours, I was burglarized at the hotel property, and received zero support from any hotel employees until weeks later, when I was provided unusable security footage and told that the Hampton Inn is not liable for any damages. I will never be a patron of a Hilton establishment ever again.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

On 10/09 KYERIE at the Hampton Inn Hotel in Williamsport was very discriminatory in addressing my situation. We both had a misunderstanding over the phone with the booking, it was the wrong hotel to begin with however I let that slide and worked with it. I booked for the morning since I'm a nurse who works night shift. When I went to collect my room key, she said she booked me for Friday night and I only had 2 hours to sleep and leave 11a.m. she said I would have to pay again to extend the time. She was very condescending and had no remorse towards the situation. I never stayed the 2 hours because of the way her attitude was towards me, I left and slept in my car. Imagine that! How inhumane!

I called customer service and reported it, by the time I called, KYERIE already went into the reservation and added all lies to protect her grounds. This was verbalized to me by the customer service representative when he said he saw a note KYERIE placed in the record. Today 10/18/21 I called into customer service to follow up, the representative I spoke to today said the person I reported the case to on the 10/09 did not file a case. This is how you deal with people like they are nothing? I will never every recommend this hotel to anyone especially minority. If I could give 0 rating I would!

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

Room was unclean, requested cleaning 2nd day, no service provided, I had to get towels to take bath. Old and wet towels lay untouched 3 days, requested cleaning again, no response. Requested fresh towels and bath cloths, no response whatsoever. Desk clerk exerted no effort other than tell me he could not get my room cleaned, disintegrate felted and all fresh linen.. No response, no one did anything, worst hotel experience of my life. After 2 nights sleeping in squalor, I checked out.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, E. Lansing on Aug 21st, 2021. We were thrilled with the front desk, especially agent Lavet. She fulfilled our request of a king bed and tub with such a pleasant attitude, that she deserves Special kudos. Right behind LUCKY'S restaurant. We heard her assisting other travelers with such sincerity, that she deserves a commendation in her file, and a copy provided to her. A front desk can make or break your stay. She was amazing. (Your bed upgrades were also) The room was immaculate. We will find reasons to stay here again.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

Front desk staff & management encourage guests to park illegally on the street where signs clearly say “1 HR PARKING 9AM-6PM EXCEPT SUNDAY” and “NO PARKING 11:00PM TO 5:00AM”. Ogden Police Officer confirmed to me parking where I was offered would have me at risk legally & financially if I was towed. No other options & no empathy from Hampton/Hilton. Very very rude, unprofessional front desk staff. Stay at your own risk!!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL. THEY STOLE MY MONEY OUT OF MY DEBIT CARD! I stayed at this hotel with my girl friend who worked there, which meant that she gets a discount from them. I decided to pay for the night as a nice gesture. The total for the night was $40. When we checked in I paid a deposit of $42, an additional $40 when we checked out. When we left I checked my bank account and they made a third transaction of $229 a minute after I walked out of the hotel!!!! They did not tell me anything about this at the front desk, I called the hotel and asked to speak with the manager and he responded in a very disrespectful tone when I was just trying to know why they charged me that amount (which anyone would be upset about this). He did not want to respond to my questions AND HUNG UP THE PHONE INSTEAD!! I'm currently in the process of making a dispute for a hotel chargeback but this is totally unacceptable!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

This is only for the Hampton Inn, Quincy FL. I am itching all over my back and legs and so is my wife. I have easily 20+ bites. The hotel is a dump. Here are just a few of the notes & if you want picture (See them on Yelp), which I plan to post. I have been with Hilton since the '90s and this is the worst. This was a 13 day vacation and used Hiltons. 3 of the hotels were less than positive. Quincy was horrible experience from beginning to end. Thank God we were only 1 night. After driving 10 hours from Memphis to Quincy. The individual at the Front Desk was not welcoming or friendly. Talkin to him was like pulling teeth to get info.

The room condition and cleanliness was beyond unacceptable. The bathroom bathtub was not clean - black and pink mold on around seals and corners. No floor towel provided. The mirror had prints and water splashes visible. The carpet by the sofa was stained or dirty as well as the desk chair. I dropped a coin which went under the TV stand. YUK! I left it because it was full of dust and had Cheetos. There was a large hair ball as well.

The AC thermostat was busted - room froze before it turned off and then it heated up before turning on. It only worked when set to 70. After checking in, went up to room and tried to wash my hands - found bathroom faucet had no water. I called the front desk and same person said we have no water. I asked why not mention it when I was checking in. He said "I found out after two other customers called."

He was not apologetic or provide any sort of advice. He left it up to the customer to figure out. I called the Holiday Inn next door to ask if they had water & was told they did not and explained the utility company said possibly a couple of hours to fix and apologized; I am not even a guest. The water returned about an 1.5 hours later but there was no pressure and cold. Same thing in the morning so we did not shower.

Original review: July 17, 2021

A group of us (7 peoples) booked 4 rooms for the night of July 9, 2021 via Travelocity. When we arrived, the hotel said there was no such booking. Travelocity said the reservation was firm and rooms were ready for us when we called. The hotel denied our stay. Apparently, Hampton Inn overbooked the rooms and gave our rooms to other guests. I will never deal with Hampton Inn again. Terrible experience!!!

Original review: July 6, 2021

The room was clean and the shut-out shades was great. If I am paying 200 plus a night, I better get my room cleaned! The breakfast was terrible and only 1 person was available to serve a hotel full of people. One of the worst experience was having to deal with the woman and little girl at the front desk. Lucy, the older woman, was was rudest, nastiest, most arrogant, staff member there, aside from a ditzy little girl who didn't know what she was doing at checkout. I was standing waiting for the front desk person. Again, only person at the front desk. At other times no one was there.

I overheard a lady in front of me ask if she could have a package of the trail mix. The rude woman at the front desk had just given a lady 5 packages. So the woman says, it is only for platinum members. The hotel guest was so sweet, she said nothing for a minute. I guess she was as stunned as I was at the abrasiveness of that staff woman. Finally, the lady said, "I guess I am a gold member," and that vile woman said, "well, you can have it" and threw it on the counter! Disgusted with some of the staff at this hotel!

Original review: May 11, 2021

We chose the Hampton Inn airport motel in Sacramento CA May 8 because our May 9 2021 flight was 5:10 AM-- requiring a 3:30 AM departure for airport. When we checked in night before, the desk clerk confidently assured us that while 4 AM was usual shuttle start time, he could arrange a 3:30 shuttle-- asked him 3 different ways, he was very confident driver would start 3:30 AM. 3:30 next day, different clerk on duty, equally sure no such arrangement possible and told us "That guy is new, he doesn't know what he is doing".

No one to drive shuttle. 4 of us were frantically trying to find a cab or Uber that would show up in time-- all gave arrival times of '20-25 min", and 4 AM shuttle already booked full. Taxi I had called finally arrived and refused to take all 4 of us bec. we weren't 'together'-- even though I asked to include them when I saw it was a van. VERY disappointed at the stress (and extra cost) this experience generated-- and came within one minute of missing my flight/gate closing.

Original review: April 12, 2021

Went to Hampton Inn in Dover New Hampshire twice with my family, beautiful inside and out. They give you breakfast too and the pool is relaxing. Lots to do around there, really love that city that we are planning on moving to the north.

Original review: April 9, 2021

Hampton Inn is one of the very few hotel chains that continuously provides consistent service and accommodations. You know what to expect and they deliver - if not, Hampton tends to make it right. Nothing flashy - just clean and comfortable.

Original review: April 8, 2021

We stayed at Hampton Inn, Grantville, Pa. several times. The rooms were spotless. The staff was exceptionally helpful. The management went well out of their way to make our stays comfortable and virus free. Even the remote for the TV was sanitized. On top of that they served a covid safe excellent breakfast. For the Harrisburg-Hershey area, the location was ideal, away from the hustle and bustle and close enough to be convenient for the local attractions.

Original review: April 7, 2021

Everything is great but the breakfast food can be better but most all the help were very helpful. The fruit were out of a can but the waffles are good. I like parking for diamond membership...

Original review: April 6, 2021

I stayed at Hampton Inn 4 different times for a total of 6 nights. Rooms were perfect. Service was the BEST. The location was walking distance to Dadeland Mall for window shopping. Great restaurants were close and a Light Rail Train station next to the Dadeland Mall.

Original review: April 5, 2021

This was a pleasant stay. The room was neat and clean. The bathroom was immaculate and I loved the toiletries they left for us. Parking was free and the breakfast was very tasty. The beds were very comfortable with nice linen (sheets). The elevators were clean and the entrance had a nice smell upon entrance. The staff was extremely nice and accommodating. I didn’t have any complaints but did think the TVs and a/c units needed to be updated.

Original review: April 4, 2021

Always clean and friendly service. Amenities are usually what we enjoy and we search for Hamptons when we travel. We plan to travel this coming September and Hampton will be one of our destinations to go to.

Original review: April 3, 2021

My Wife and I stayed at The Hampton in Theodore, Alabama. We were blessed by the wonderful service and outstanding breakfast buffet. Our room was clean and comfortable. Housekeeping was very accomodating and friendly.

Original review: April 2, 2021

We used to go to Hampton Inn every time we went to New York, they are very accommodating and reasonably priced. The last time we stayed at the Hampton Inn in Latham New York we woke up with bed bug bites. I called and spoke with the manager at that time to report this. His response was that he would check the situation out. We never heard back from them and We never went back!!

Original review: April 1, 2021

Everything I experienced was a 5 or better. Rooms were top grade. Fresh linen. I don't think I could find a better place to stay. JIMMY **. I always look for a Hampton Inn when I am traveling. If I have to go to another town to find one I will go to it.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I always feel safe and secure at Hampton Inns as you are located in side the building with few parking places near your door! The services are good and quiet! The beds are always fresh white sheets that are clean. They work with family and families traveling together! I do not do a lot of traveling that requires a hotel visit but when I do I look for a Hampton Inn! I have always been comfortable and had excellent directions and breakfast every morning.

Original review: March 30, 2021

Very few hotels have a atmosphere such as the two we stayed at outside Dallas Texas. Traveling is tough nowadays and a warm welcome is always nice as you check in. Even if you never see that one employee again, it's remembered. Thank you Sarah. Dallas Hampton Inn.

Original review: March 29, 2021

Every time I travel I stay at a Hampton Inn for the consistency in comfort and services. The beds are always so comfortable, linens clean and pillows wonderfully soft. I like coming into a room where I feel "at home". The accommodations are better than most for the cost. During the pandemic, I stayed at a Hampton Inn in Memphis. Even the dining room and snacks were available and appropriately displayed for use.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Very clean. I did have a problem with the shower and the staff took care of it right away. Continental breakfast is the best. The Boise hotel was hard to find because it is hidden behind two other hotels in the area. Will try to find a Hampton suite next time I travel.

Original review: March 16, 2021

I stayed for two nights in the Hampton Inn on E 43rd Street in New York City. I woke up after 4AM on the second night and I was bitten by a big bed bug. The manager took screenshots of my pictures. She said she will get the inspectors to investigate the room and I will be contacted within 48 hours. No refund will be honored until after the results of the inspection.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

We stayed at Hampton Inn, Boca Raton one night with our Chihuahua, a registered Service Dog. This hotel claims to be Pet Friendly. My Credit Card was charged with $100. When I called to clarify, they said, because we did not declare our dog as a Service Dog at check in, they would not refund. Be aware what they understand of being Dog Friendly.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2020

www.hilton.com/en/hotels/pdllchx-hampton-suites-lancaster/. Hampton Inn & Suites, Lancaster CA. Today is Friday Nov, 2020. ** (Do not Book a Room from the Hampton Inn and Suites.) You will be Rip-off. You will be overcharged. You will pay more at this Racist establishment. Celeste L. will charge you up! Celeste has horrible attitude, very poor customer service and she will make you feel Very Uncomfortable. She is not warm and friendly at all.

I was told one thing over the Phone. In person I was charged $389.99 more for this 2 star Hotel. It's called (The Bait & switch.) I was charged $250.00 for a incidental deposit fee, Celeste L. most likely assumed ** will have a incident. We were pre-judged. So she stuck it to us, I was told over the phone the fee would be $25.00 not $250.00. These fees are not on Hampton Inn website. I was charged $10.00 for parking. Not on the website, Celeste charged $389.94 in the name of Hampton Inn and suites. Mind you I had already paid booking.com $129.99. Celeste stated she could not find the confirmation # I gave her from booking.com, Celeste disregarded it and charge the card again. I was rip offed.

She Celeste blew me off, Celeste Told me she was Busy and to call Monday and speak with Cynthia. Meanwhile Hampton Inn has my Money. If I could give the Hampton Inn and Suites a -Zero I Would. I know covid19 is making it difficult for business to make Money, but Celeste stop sticking it to ** people. We catch enough hell, stop with your prejudging. The reason I did not have my family to leave was I did not trust them to refund my money. In my opinion I believe this establishment is racist against **. I believe a class action discrimination lawsuit against Hampton Inn, in the near future. If you keep Celeste and the likes at Hampton, You can thank Celeste L. and her discriminating disposition for that.

I was forced to call the corporate office about Celeste, they were very understanding and booking.com which guarantee they would honor the prices on their website. They promise to get my money back from those rip-off artist swindler’s at the Lancaster Hampton inn and suites. (RENTER BEWARE. DON’T BOOK AT HAMPTON INN & SUITES.) Celeste makes you feel like you do not belong there. What nerves. What an insult from Celeste. Thanks Celeste for ruining our stay at the Hampton Inn. ☹

Original review: Oct. 6, 2020

The girl that checked me in wore a BLM face mask. There should not be any type of demonstrations on private property. She was so unfriendly that I won’t be back. Do hand it to the girls in the morning that made the coffee were more than professional. This is the Hampton at Norman Lake In North Carolina.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2020

Last night we checked into Hampton Inn 6601 Windsor Mill Rd Gywnn Oak, Md 21207. Myself, my boyfriend, our 7 month old baby and 10yr old woke up to bed bug bites! Never in my life have I experienced something like this before! Actually saw some of the bugs crawling away once we turned the lights back on! I’m so furious about this because when we told the lady at the front desk she didn’t seem to care much, just said someone will call us later about it but guess what... NO ONE CALLED! Spent all day being itchy and some are now swollen. We also had to throw away everything we took to the hotel with us. I have several photos and videos of where we were bit and of the bed bugs crawling.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2020

I checked in to this hotel on the afternoon of 08/07/2020, when I arrived in my room, I heard banging and drilling to only find out the hotel was under construction. I returned to the front desk to ask about the very loud noise. I was told, "Oh sorry the work we are doing has to be done, it will be taking place from 9 am to 6 pm every day." What, I thought was going to be a great quiet vacation overlooking the harbor, turned in to a very expensive weekend. I had to find something to do from 9 am to 6 pm Friday and Saturday which was very costly. I was offered nothing for my inconvenience. I got up early Sunday morning to beat the banging and drilling and returned home. $925.00 spent over the course of two days, because, I could not stay in the room, I had already spent over $ 300 on. Never again.

Hampton Inn Company Information