2.87/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

226 Hampton Inn Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 11, 2018

Oak Brook, IL - Booked the hotel for a family vacation. It was not made clear that the property has no pool. Otherwise, my wife would never have booked this hotel. We arrive with two kids looking forward all day to a pool, then no pool. On top of that, there is no internet. In today's marketplace, no internet is inexcusable. As reliable Hilton Honors members, we would appreciate at least a free night to make up for this unacceptable level of service and facilities.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

On vacation in Florida stayed 3 nights in Estero (Best customer service there, very impressed! Jason in particular.) I and two in Crystal River, both places have been recently "RENOVATED" by which I take it to mean that you have replaced the decent mattresses that you have always provided with medieval torture devices. If I have slept 3 hours a night It was a long sleep. The mattresses are AWFUL. NO CUSHIONING AT ALL on the top. Every single coil is projecting itself into your body all night long.

I have been staying in Hampton Inn for years and years, BECAUSE 90% of them are good quality places to stay... this trip have been a nightmare... No, actually... that would mean I had slept. I am now a sleepless zombie. And driving on Florida roads with no sleep is a recipe for disaster! Seriously, y'all dropped the ball on this. Tomorrow I am going to a Marriott so I can ** sleep. I am getting a Marriott card, and not looking back. You forfeited your patron's comfort for your pockets on this on and it's obvious.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Hampton Inn in Atlantic Beach, NC is a nice place to stay, but we found a blonde hair about 8" long on the top of the top sheet and saw a roach in our bathtub that went back into its hiding place before we could catch it.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

Moncton - Really can't find fault with anything, everything went smoothly. It was a clean quiet room which was all we asked for, check in and out was hassle free.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

We have been staying here (Hampton Inn Lynnwood WA) for many years and have returned because of the owner’s friendliness. However, their rates have gone up ridiculously. Also, I have had a bit of a Health problem that has prevented me from traveling for about a year. Upon checking on my tier status... I have lost all my points. I am now staying at the Best Western with free hot breakfast.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Hampton Inn?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Hampton Inn at Rehobeth Beach Delaware has great rates with clean and comfortable rooms featuring free hot or cold breakfast. What's not to like? Pleasant and professional staff make every stay a great one.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I never actually spent a night at Hampton Inn Sacramento, CA but I was there so often with clients for workshops and seminars that I had firsthand accounts of the good and very seldom any bad. I knew the clients, because many were the same over and over so they certainly weren't shy in telling the truth. In general each and everyone loved it, from check in, cocktail time where they served appetizers so good and filling that you didn't have to go out for dinner and it was free. Breakfast was included too and it wasn't a simple continental stale pastry, boxed cereal type of breakfast either. I know because when we had our meetings, we arrived early to eat breakfast with our clients at no charge either.

We also had a special rate for all this because we had meetings there at least 4 times a month, if not more. Sometimes we had two running simultaneously. The people that worked there couldn't do enough to take care of everything we or our clients needed, they even provided bowls of candy and I am not talking wrapped hard candies, try candy bars, all kinds. It is a nice place to stay. The rooms are very nice and cozy too!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Hampton Inn Gastonia, North Carolina. People occupying in their job were extremely approachable. I felt as they were catering only me. The continental breakfast was so beautifully done. The maids' services were outstanding.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

Hotel (Hampton Inn Phoenix, Az) had no side doors and had to walk a bit to enter building. Gave old todo snack bags and needed detail cleaning on room. As always workers were friendly, beds comfortable and hotel has all the necessities. Orange and apple juice was very good too.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Stayed at Hampton Inn in Morristown, TN and was charged for an extra room I didn't stay in. When I called the front desk couldn't help and no manager was there... Now I have to pay an overdraft fee because of these bright people working the front desk... will not be back to stay at any Hampton Inn ever.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

Hampton Inn Big Spring, Texas is very nice, beds are comfy, rooms are a good size, front desk staff helpful. The only thing we didn't care for and would suggest improvement was the quality of the breakfast. Real, scrambled eggs, real potatos, would be good.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

The front desk at Hampton Inn California was nice and professional. The check was easy because I had already made my reservations... The room was clean. I would definitely stay there again. Plus the shuttle to the casino was every 30 minutes.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Our stay was extended because we didn't know exactly where we were going next. Plus we had to wait for the movers to deliver our stuff from Washington State to Florida, as well as the transporter of our car. Therefore, we ended up staying almost 3 weeks... Ouch! But except for the bed everything else was just fine at Hampton Inn, Tarpon Springs, FL

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

The room at Hampton Inn Roanoke Virginia was spacious and comfortable. The amenities were adequate. The breakfast was served hot and delicious. And the staff were personable and pleasant.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

When I head to Hampton Inn Dandridge, TN I am already planning on a good night's sleep, comfortable rooms and beds, a great breakfast in the AM and the feeling of arriving at a welcoming atmosphere.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

At airport but don't hear planes. Hampton Inn Wichita, KS is very convenient to airport and shuttle picks up and drops off to anywhere within five miles. Also, very clean and staff is helpful.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We were charged for a room in Connecticut and we never stayed there. The bill for Connecticut was $286.26. We have the statement where the $286.26 was paid. We called and told them of the overcharge. They said we would hear something in 3-5 days. We haven't heard a word!!! We are elderly and on Social security And it's been hard having two large amounts taken out in one amounts. Priceline was who we went through. The bank said that "YES they paid the $286.26 to Priceline." It has been almost 4 months and we haven't gotten any word or refund from these people. This is wrong!! And your customers are paying for it and getting nothing!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

It was a nice and pleasant experience at the Hampton Inn located at Spring Hill, TN. Great breakfast and wonderful pool hours. Clean rooms but small bath towels. Nice sheets and comforters on the beds.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I am the mother of a US sailor who was traveling from Florida to home in Indiana for Christmas. He found himself unable to continue on his trip until morning. I called the Hampton Inn and tried to book a room for him, the woman said that she could not do so because he would to have the credit card with him. I said, "I would like to pay for his room." And she said the only way for me to do so is to fax or email permission that he use the card. She then suggested that I pay for it online, which I did however when he got there, she would not use the card on file.

This is absolutely ridiculous!!!! He is a 24 year old man that can serve our country, go to war, make life altering decisions yet a verbal authorization for me to pay for his room wouldn't fly. I know this woman was stuck working on Christmas eve and for that, I am sorry, however, this is a young man who serves, and his parents wanted to pay for his room. Yes, we can reimburse him, however that is not the point. What if he didn't have the money on him? I am extremely disappointed in the Hampton Inn. I will not be utilizing your facilities in the future nor will my family. Extremely disappointed.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

We stayed at Hampton Inn Niagara Falls, NY for 3 days, most was a good experience except EVERY encounter with the front desk clerk KALEN who was very unprofessional, and put our safety at risk. I was disappointed by her lack of professionalism even when I asked her to lower her voice for safety reasons. She disregards my wishes and was very nasty.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

One-night stay at the Hampton Inn St Augustine with grandchildren was excellent: Adjoining rooms as requested and full breakfast included. There was plenty of parking and, even though the hotel entrance was being updated, everything inside was in good shape.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

Hampton Inn Lexington, Kentucky. My iPad pro was stolen. Don't leave anything valuable in your room. The housekeepers can't be trusted. I accidentally left my iPad in the room when I checked out. Even though my "find my iPad" application showed the location to be the hotel, no one turned it in or reported finding it.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I always try to stay at a Hampton Inn Danville, VA. I never have to worry about safety. The staff has always been pleasant and helpful. Cleanliness is something I always scrutinize, and I have never encountered any issue. One thing I did think scaled back was the offerings at breakfast. It used to be everyday was something different but my last stay that was not the case.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

The facility in Knoxville, TN was very clean, great atmosphere and service. I really like the feel of the bed and linen and it was very comfortable. The bathroom was neat and orderly plus the towel were soft and fluffy. Also, the breakfast had a nice variety of choices.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

The Hampton Inn in Islip NY is clean and comfortable. They have a very nice free breakfast. Staff has been very helpful and attentive when needed. It was a good value for the money.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

Love the Hampton Inn in Beloit, WI!! But sometimes I get a room where that a.c. isn't working. Also maid left alarm on, which almost gave me a heart attack.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I went online and made reservations with, what I thought was the Hampton Inn, Germantown, TN website to visit my brother the nights of the 29th and 30th of Dec, 2017. He has developed a medical problem, so I tried to cancel the reservation, and found that reservation was really made with a "getaroom.com" for the amount of $567.62, charged in advance, and had a second page that said non-refundable in small print. Both getaroom.com and Hampton Inn, Germantown, TN basically said, "Too bad, no refund". Getaroom.com made their site to make you believe you were on the Hampton Inn site. This is such a SCAM, and both parties are guilty. Watch out making or staying with Hampton Inns and using a getaroom.com.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

We have stayed at many Hampton Inn's, when we checked into the Downtown Bradenton, FL Hampton Inn, we went to our room which had a balcony, however the balcony door would not lock. We notified the front desk, and the chief Engineer came up to our room, and indicated we should not be concerned. We requested a balcony but we were not happy that the door could not be locked, they then gave us a different room on the 6th floor, this door could not be secured. The Engineer as well as the hotel General Manager seemed to think we were being overly concerned that these doors could not be secured. When we leave our home we lock the door. We finally got a room on the 4th floor, and these doors were able to be secured.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Basically what you would expect from a Hampton Inn. This one on Jekyll Island is top rated and have stayed there multiple times. Planning a trip in spring of '18 and will most likely stay here again. Prices are a little high but I'm guessing that is due to location.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

Mississippi - Surprisingly good for a moderate price. It was clean, new, quite good in terms of food, amenities and decor. Ambiance was very pleasant and welcoming.

Hampton Inn Company Information