Choice Hotels - Econolodge Reviews

• 0%
  • 12%
  • 51%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?
    Verified purchase
    Thomas increased rating by 1 star.
    CoveragePunctuality & SpeedStaff
    After a positive interaction with Choice Hotels - Econolodge, Thomas increased their star rating on May 30, 2024.

Updated review: May 30, 2024

Updated star rating to 2 stars due to the company reaching out to make up for it and giving points for a Choice Hotels account. While I still won't be returning to that specific location, one bad location doesn't mean all of Choice Hotels is bad. Thank you to their customer service team for reaching out to make things right.

Original Review: May 22, 2024

While the location of the University location in Tucson on Stone Ave. is convenient for an event I spent the night for, I wouldn’t come back here. The staff is friendly and helpful as a positive point, one of the few I can think of. As soon as I entered the parking lot, there were two police cars with officers investigating what the staff explained was a stolen car that had been dropped in the lot. I don't hold that against the hotel, as that's not their fault, but it was a sign of the quality of my stay to come.

The shower ceiling had what looked like mold or mildew on it, the shower floor was worn, and the shower head was dripping when I entered my room. I also woke up and found much of the floor of my room covered in water from either the air conditioner or whatever was behind the locked door in the room. Water damage/mold on the ceiling in the bathroom and water covering the floor of a room isn’t something I expect or want to encounter in a hotel stay. Luckily, I was only staying one night and left early the next morning.

Pinned

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback, Thomas. We can understand your disappointment after the unpleasant experience you have gone through. My team wants to review your information; to do so, please send us a private message with the full name on the reservation, the hotel's address, and the date of arrival, along with the reservation holder's mailing address, email, and phone number. We hope to hear from you soon. -Vilma.

Reviewed April 1, 2024

My family stayed at the econo lodge in Ardmore, Oklahoma. As soon as we approached the desk we were greeted and offered free complimentary (cold) water bottles. They could tell we were tired from traveling. I have rheumatoid arthritis so we were given rooms close to the entrance to minimize walking. The front desk even got quarters for us to buy so we could wash clothes on site! Great staff and would definitely recommend.

Pinned

Hi, Lauri. This is the kind of outstanding service we aim to deliver. We are happy to hear you have had exceptional stays during your trips. We appreciate your comments as they help us to improve our services to our guests. My team will be sending your kudos to let them know they are doing a great job.

Please reply with the arrival date, name on the reservation, and confirmation number. Also, please include your mailing and email address associated with your Choice Privileges account. ~Fernando

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I've stayed at Econolodge within the last month. They are under new management, have cleaned up a lot. Spent a week there I didn't see any kind of pest while was there. There staff was very friendly and accommodating, helped with every need I had. Very pet friendly, lots of area to accommodate the pets. Very big pool area nice and clean. Lots of shopping centers in area, also restaurants in walking distance. There are multiple parks around the area. Very good security team works very hard. Multiple types of rooms to choose from. Also can get refrigerator, microwave, rollaway bed, also have rooms with couches and chairs, desk, smart TVs, cable.

Pinned

Hello, there. Thank you for contacting us and sharing your experience at Econo Lodge Hotel. We love to hear a compliment from one of our valued members. We would like to share your kudos with the hotel's management team for their awareness of your satisfactory stay. To do so, send us a private message with the conf#, arrival date, and the name on the reservation. Moreover,send us the mailing address, phone number, and email associated with your acct. We'll wait for that message. -Ray.

Verified purchase

Reviewed Feb. 22, 2024

I stayed 3 days here and it was very quiet, I got the rest I needed. The staff was very helpful. I needed extra pillows and they brought them down to my room. Everything is in walking distance even if you want to go to the park it's right there walking distance and hotel right off the freeway, easy to find. Rooms are good size and has cable, fridge, microwave. Anything and everything you need help with the staff will accommodate and do their best to help with. Very great security staff also. There is lots of shopping centers in a mile radius around hotel from food, clothes, appliances, electronics, anything and everything you need is a mile away. Variety of rooms and beds. Kid friendly, pet friendly. Very friendly place, feel safe and can enjoy staying at.

Pinned

Hello, Jenny. Thank you for contacting us and sharing your experience at one of our hotels. We love to hear your compliments and that the hotel amenities and staff performance exceed your expectations. We're keen to share your kudos with the hotel's management for its review. To do so, send us a private message with the conf#, arrival date, and the name on the reservation. Moreover, include the mailing address, phone number, and email associated with your profile. Regards, Ray.

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2024

Started the reservation At 7pm and got coffee that had curdles half and half. Went back to the room only to find it raining In our bathroom. I proceeded to complain to the front desk and said that could Switch us 2 rooms down and to take a look at it. I don't know about anyone else, but my idea of taking a look was to make sure that this room had no leaks or imperfections which would disturb our sleep the next morning. It was freezing, so my friend looked at the heating element and got stuck by something as we were trying to figure out what was sharp and he got stuck to empty syringes from behind onto the rug that made us want to continue searching. That’s when we search the whole room. Everything we found was hidden.

When I found was six bags of cracker least cocaine that I tried, which was stupid of me, but I want to make sure that it was legit before I reported it to syringes empty one metal pusher, one empty Superman bag without the tablets in it tons of broken glass And I tried that stuff I ended up in the ER. Sad part of it is they refuse to get my money back. Angela

Pinned

You're welcome, Angela. We have responded to your private message; please check your inbox for more details. -Mei

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2024

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL. First problem was there would be days where the housekeeper didn’t even clean the room just would skip my room whether I was in it or not. I constantly had to ask for toilet paper, new sheets, and pillowcases. The general manager the ** guy gives just anyone hotel room keys. I had someone try to enter my room with a room key that worked and I did not authorize it nor was the person anywhere on my booking reservation. He is a bitter man who just this morning called my room repeatedly because an unwanted guest wanted in the room, he then kept knocking at my door and THREATENED ME who has been nothing but pleasant and has been staying here for weeks with no problem to kick me out and to call the police to escort me off property, just because the unwanted guest was causing a scene when any normal person would call the police and escort the guy with no reservation there off the property.

It blows my mind the lack of respect and professionalism this manager has. He is def in the wrong field and should be fired. I had to call corporate and my case is being escalated. Not worth the cheap price I promise. There is also heavy police activity at this specific hotel. I have seen multiple guests being handcuffed and arrested at this location during my stay.

Pinned

Hello, Rae. Thank you for reaching out to us. I can imagine how frustrating this experience has been for you. Our guests deserve outstanding service, attention to quality, a safe place, and staff courtesy. Certainly, this does not represent the service we aim to deliver.

For assistance, please send us a private message with the exact hotel's location, arrival date, name on the reservation, and confirmation number. We hope to hear from you soon.

Fernando

Customer Care

Profile pic of the author.
      jolene increased rating by 4 stars.
      After a positive interaction with Choice Hotels - Econolodge, jolene increased their star rating on Feb. 1, 2024.

Updated review: Feb. 1, 2024

Thank you for working with me and understanding the problem. Hopefully you really do fix it.

Original Review: Jan. 31, 2024

The econo Lodge in Sacramento was the dirtiest hotel I've ever stayed at in my life. The hotel was uncapped. The windows did not close or lock. There was mold on the bathroom ceiling and bathtub. The door to the bathroom was broken. The room was filthy. I was very disappointed.

Pinned

The description and pictures let us down, Jolene, and we can understand your disappointment. My team wants to review this; to do so, please send us a private message with the full name on the reservation, arrival date, and the hotel's state, along with the reservation holder's mailing address, email, and phone number. Thank you. -Mei

Customer Service

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2024

My stay at Econo Lodge, Gainsville, FL on Aug 6, 2022 was a room without towels but plenty of roaches. This place should of been demolished. Customer service offered a free future stay at Choice Hotels of my choice but did not keep its promise. What was offered? Additional points added to my account. NO FREE NIGHT. Stay away from this line of hotels/motels.

Pinned

Hello, Wally. We regret you have that impression about our program. A clean and bug-free environment is a priority for us. My team wants an opportunity to review your case further and provide a prompt resolution. Please send us a private message with the exact hotel address and name on the reservation. In addition, include your phone number, email, and mailing address associated with your Choice Privileges account. We appreciate your time and will be waiting for your message. –Vilma.

Reviewed Jan. 3, 2024

Checked into the Hotel on 12-23-23 checking into room 204. Refrigerator broken, little shampoo bottle only half full. Spoke to Shane at desk. He gave me more shampoo. Next morning hair dryer very nasty at the touch and would not turn on. Went to front desk Emily try to help me find another room with possibly working hair dryer. 206 was not cleaned and prev customer complaint but hairdryer was nasty as well and did not turn on either. Had to go to a 3. room that customer just checked out in order to dry my hair. Emily wrote down all the detailed complaints.

Pinned

Anita, we're beyond saddened to know about this experience. Uncleanliness and non-working amenities are certainly not what we want our guests to encounter during their visits. So, allow us to review this; to do so, please send us a private message with the full name on the reservation and the hotel's address, along with the reservation holder's mailing address, email, and phone number. Thank you. -Mei

Customer ServiceCoverageOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Dec. 11, 2023

Checked this motel's website before making reservation. Website said and the pictures showed. 1) A working hot tub 2) Free Coffee 3) Breakfast 4) A welcoming lobby area. When we got there, none of the above was available. Hot tub covered over. NO COFFEE anywhere! None in room! None in lobby! NO BREAKFAST! None, not even a breakfast area! Lobby wasn't even close to the pictures on website. Check in was ridiculous! No human being anywhere!!! A kiosk in corner with a tv type screen and someone who did not speak good english signing us in. NO CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE ANYWHERE!

Next our room... Went to closet to hang up clothes, NO HANGERS and no customer service people to complain to. TV remote worked SOMETIMES! When it did work, very limited channels. NO LOCALS! Shower curtain was dirty, grimy and slimy! This was undoubtedly, the very worst motel visit I have EVER had. This is outright consumer fraud and these people should be forced to correct their website and removed from the Choice Hotels listings.

Pinned

Denise, we recognize how essential it is to encounter the advertised amenities and outstanding service. So, it's disappointing this was not the case. My team wants to look into this; to do so, please send us a private message with the full name on the reservation, arrival date, and the hotel's address, along with the reservation holder's mailing address, email, and phone number. Thank you. -Mei

Choice Hotels - Econolodge Company Information