1.15/5
Based on 149 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

185 Choice Hotels - Econolodge Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 2, 2018

Charged twice 100 bucks for not smoking in a non smoking room. Poor customer service. I've screenshots of other complaints. Old socks in the room. Food around bottom of bed. They made the adjustment at 120 pm. I used the money they said. I took a Lyft before the money was there. Bull! Put our account in the negative. Not done.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 26, 2018

My husband and I had the worst experience at the Econo Lodge Hotel Paw Paw, MI this last weekend. We arrived at the Econo Lodge late after a long day with family and provided our pre-paid reservation information. At first the person at the desk just indicated we didn't have a reservation. After showing him the documents confirming our reservation, he conceded that we had a reservation but he had cancelled it. He informed us that he had the right to refuse anyone a room at his discretion. After checking with all the other hotels in Paw Paw, it became clear that rooms were in high demand that night and no rooms were available.

The person at the counter explained that we had made our pre-paid reservations with an online travel company and that Econo Lodge is paid significantly less for those reservations than ones that the Econo Lodge makes directly with customers. Apparently it is their policy to cancel online reservations if they can resell the room directly to another customer at a higher rate. If you ever get stuck with a reservation to the Econo Lodge Paw Paw, MI, I strongly recommend you rearrange your travel schedule to check in as early as possible to see if you still have a room. Always have a back-up reservation with a reputable hotel or you will likely end up like my husband and I - a long way from home in the middle of the night with no place to stay.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 25, 2018

I had pre-paid for my June 23, 2018 one night Econolodge Paw Paw, MI reservation through Hotwire.com on May 21, 2018. I felt comfortable that all was well with the reservation when I got a reminder email from Hotwire on June 21, 2018. I arrived at the Econolodge front desk just after 11:00 PM after a long day. I provided my ID and indicated that I had a one day prepaid reservation. A middle aged gentleman at the counter took my ID to check his computer and returned shortly to indicate that he had no record of my reservation in his system. I provided him electronic confirmation of my pre-paid reservation with confirmation number.

The gentleman took my information and again indicated that the reservation was not showing up in his system that he had at the front desk. I asked if he had any contacts or phone numbers that he could call to get the problem resolved. He indicated that he didn't keep any of those numbers because they did not respond to him after typical business hours. I asked if he could call Hotwire to resolve the issue and he responded that he did not work for Hotwire. He further explained that Hotwire was very unreliable and that if it was up to him, Econolodge would not work with Hotwire. I asked the gentleman if he could call a Choice Hotels contact and he responded that they were just a third party booking company and were unfamiliar with the Econolodge Paw Paw operations.

Seeing that the gentleman at the front desk was unwilling to make any effort to get my issue resolved, I called Hotwire.com myself. After locating my pre-paid reservation the Hotwire representative called and had a conversation with the gentleman at the front desk. At the Econolodge counter clerk's request, the Hotwire representative faxed the information that Hotwire had previously transmitted to the Econolodge on my pre-paid reservation. After having the conversation with the Hotwire representative and getting a fax of the information that had been transmitted previously, the counter clerk would still not honor the pre-paid reservation. After working with the counter clerk and talking to the Hotwire representative for about 45 minutes, I concluded that I would not be getting a room at the Econolodge Paw Paw, MI.

After checking the other three hotels in Paw Paw, MI, I found that no rooms were available for that night in Paw Paw, MI. It appears the Econolodge counter clerk took it upon himself to re-sell my pre-paid room to another customer since I was arriving late. The clerk's negative comments about Hotwire also appeared to be an attempt by the clerk to provide additional cover for his claimed ignorance of the reservation. After over 40 years of business and personal travel, I cannot say I have ever been treated so disrespectfully by a hotel counter clerk. Needless to say, I will not be making any reservations at any Econolodge hotels in the future.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I missed my cancellation deadline by half an hour so they refused to modify my stay from 2 days to 1. Even if I cancelled outright I'd have to pay for the one night!! Of course they were very apologetic they couldn't help but were more than happy to give me the runaround. 800 number told me to call the hotel, hotel told me to call the 800 number...

Original review: May 26, 2018

Exhausted with some 500 plus miles driven that day, late 10:29... Checked IN! Was not given receipt. My mistake. Assigned room 118. On advice from Mgr, drove up road to get food. Room was definitely a pet room, no biggie. Showered tub had mold above the tub. Dried with baby thin towels. Got over it. Right to sleep. However, at some 4:15 woke to burning smell... Ammonia was killing us. We got up and left. I went to the side window, rang bell, complained the room was toxic in smell, to tall Indian man, same fella who checked me in... That we were leaving and I was very upset. Ask about a refund. Ha!

His partner, wife, came downstairs and started telling me that, I had some 1/2 hour or something to change rooms or such. Shaking her finger in a rude way... That the form I signed stated this. Well great. Ask for a receipt and left. Called my cc company within minutes, filled a complaint. Just got to say... This facility was quite run down and the management was just as poor... IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. I WILL SLEEP IN MY CAR BEFORE I WILL EVER STAY OR RECOMMEND THIS PLACE. Corporate should take a close look at this place. Very disappointing. Additionally, no place on receipt states, what mgr said about changing rooms, 1/2, etc. At least on what I was provided. Regardless the room was horrible and very poorly managed.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Original review: March 11, 2018

Econo Lodge, Woodson Rd, St. Louis, MO. Walked in the door to get to the room and got hit in the face by **. Hallway was smokey and I had to immediately go outside before my 1 year old grandson had an asthma attack. I go to the front desk and Joe (older Indian man doing the check-in) tells me it's not his problem and we'll just have to deal with it if we want to stay there. And if I want to move rooms it will be an additional charge. Two people came in behind us with the same complaint and were told the same thing. Who should have to sit up with two young kids waiting on police when we're only staying for a few hours before catching a plane???

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

I was about to check in and another guest was there. He said he had bed bugs. You could see the bites all over his neck. The manager didn’t want to refund my money for both my rooms. Which I never even checked into the room.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Choice Hotels - Econolodge, Iowa. It was a good stay, within my budget and they provided everything I needed. It was walking distance to restaurants so I didn't have to drive somewhere else to have dinner.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

Econo Lodge North Academy - I paid for a room in advance online. When I went to check in I was told I had to come up with an additional $150 to get the room I had paid for. When I told the proprietor I did not have that much additional money he refused to give me the room or a refund of what I had already paid. So I was robbed of $46 and got nothing for my money. These people are crooks and should face criminal charges.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

BEWARE!! Was charged with damages. There was never any proof of nor ever happened. General manager would not intervene. Place is run down and dirty. Probably scamming money to fix the nasty thing up with. WORST EXPERIENCE IN A HOTEL EVER! STAY ANYWHERE BUT CHOICE HOTELS!!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

We had to go to Cleveland Ohio from Illinois for my sister's memorial service. Since this was not a planned trip, I didn't get a whole lot of time to find a hotel. Many hotels did not have much availability for the time frame needed. I found the EconoLodge. Pictures of it on website showed it as a decent place. Our room was on the 3rd floor, there was NO elevator, had to walk up to the 3rd floor. There was NO microwave, coffeepot, or alarm clock in the room. Had only 1 chair, had to ask for another chair since there were 2 of us. That 2ND chair had a leg that was broken.

Carpet was disgustingly stained. Had to get key cards reprogrammed several times, for both the outside door and room door. The tile above shower had water damage. Carpets in hallways were extremely stained, and halls had a musty smell to them. We could hear a dog barking 3-4 rooms down. The only good thing I can say is that there were no bedbugs, and I checked everything for them. We have stayed in a couple EconoLodge's, and they were pretty decent and clean. We will not stay in an EconoLodge again, just because of this place. OH 335 28611 Euclid Ave, Wickliffe Ohio, Room 385.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

Had closing. Scheduled in Orlando for 10/11/2017. Made reservation at Econolodge in Palm Coast. For 10/10/2017 – tom 10/11/2017 (Received. Reservation # **. for same). After driving 15 hrs arrived to find out reservation was for 10/24/2017. I had to pay for another night because a third party changed my reservation for whatever reason. My original reservation paid by my America Express states on my AMEX BILL: ECONOLODGE 586057 Palm. Coast. Arrival Date. Departure. Date. 10/06/17. 10/ 07./17 LODGING CARDEPOSIT. Now, if you have any reasonable answer, please explain how this happened.? P.S. I also paid double for a room. I also. have my Amex Bill for proof.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

I booked a 2 night stay at the Econolodge in Durango Co. through Choice Privileges Rewards Program. I was charged 133.50 for the 1st night and 144.00 for the second night. On the day I checked in I received an email from the rewards program telling me I had points to use and where did I want to go. I typed in Durango Co, pushed find hotels, saw the Econolodge listed for 112.00 a night on the same day I checked in for 133.50. I went to the desk and asked for the rate published and they refused so I called customer service and am now 3 days into trying to get a refund for the overcharges. Today's phone call lasted one and one half hours. I spoke to 3 people and had to repeat the complaint 3 times and that was just today! Never again will I deal with this company.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

Econolodge Crystal River FL - It is almost hard to believe that in the 21st century this filthy, smelly and filled with germ hotels exist. The rug, bathtub linens, and towels are a health HAZARD. The receptionist should get -0 for friendliness and helpful. I am a senior. Was pouring rain the phones were not being answered. Had to cross the parking lot. 3 employees talking and completely ignoring the telephones. I needed Lysol to spray the room. There was none their suggestion. Sleep with the windows open. Not only that they HAVE NOT issue a credit for 1 night THEY OWE ME MONEY. THE CREDIT IS ON THE WAY. Sleep in your car. I guarantee you is healthier. By the way no one knew why there was not a TV service.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

Econo Lodge West Ossipee New Hampshire - Terrible hotel! Room was terrible, food left in fridge and staff was non-existent and when we left my wife left clothing in a drawer so we called the hotel within an hour of leaving and we're informed that access to the room wasn't possible because housekeeping had left for the day and to call back the next day (it was 11am). We called the next day and was informed nothing was found which was a lie but fine we'll live.

After our trip I did give this hotel a negative review and that where the fun started. Two week later I notice a charge was placed for 50 dollar on my credit card. I called to fix the issue and the manager puts me on hold and the call is picked up by some foul mouthed knucklehead who goes on a rant about teaching us a lesson for giving them a negative review and what did I expect for the cost of the room! I hung up on this foul mouthed idiot and he had the nerve to call my cell phone back and continue with his rant that they were teaching us a lesson for leaving a negative review and there was nothing I could do about it if fact he'd just claim housekeeping reported there was stuff missing from the room, two weeks later!! I've disputed the charge of course and offered some of the other complaints from this place to my bank. Avoid this place at all costs or at the very least pay in cash!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

Econolodge North Academy Colorado Springs CO - This hotel was filthy and the smell in our room was unbearable - heavy with odor masking. There were mattresses right in front of our door along with pictures and chairs - apparently they were remodeling. The elevator was filthy to include trash and cigarette butts. The rating on this dump was 4.9. That is truly fraud. We decided to leave and told the front office girl why we were leaving - they still charged us for the night which I am disputing with my credit card company. I will NEVER stay at any of the Choice Hotels again. They need to get a handle on their franchise owners.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

I flew in from Seattle and made a reservation with EconoLodge in Bellingham. My rental vehicles steering failed on my way to Bellingham. I called to cancel my EconoLodge reservation 1 hour after my reservation was made and I was hung up on by the man at the hotel. I called the next day to talk to the manager and was denied to talk to manager. I went again next day and talked to manager in person about what had happened to me and the manager said I was a no show, and I should have cancelled within 24 hours. I said I called to cancel within an hour of making my reservation and was hung up on. She said that the owners decided that they were not going to let me cancel even though I called within the 24 hour window time frame to cancel.

I asked to speak with the owners and she told me I couldn't & that she can't disclose who the owners are. She refused to help me in anyway and denied a refund of my money even though I never once spent a night at the hotel. I was charged for 2 nights, and was refused a refund. I had cancelled within a 24 hour window, but was hung up on by hotel staff when I asked to cancel the first night had made my reservation. This hotel is not honorable nor does it care about its clients. I strongly suggest that no one stays at this hotel because they do not care if you are treated fairly.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Checked into room around 8:45pm and we went to room and it looked nothing like the photo in the email confirmation. The room had a broken door jamb, holes in the wall, no trim around the floor, wires hanging out, broken tile, broken sink, food down the drain pipe, light bulb falling out of fixture, no handle on the bathroom sink, lamp shade broken, sheets and blankets with burn holes. When I requested another room. Management said they were booked, however their sign did not indicate that nor did their parking lot. They never mentioned we could have checked out then and got a refund. Spoke to Choice Hotels corporate and filed grievance. Asked hotel to get refund and they refused. Hotel lied and said they offered me a refund that night we were there but they didn't. Have since filed a dispute with my credit card company.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Econolodge in Texarkana,TX. Roughly 12:40 am. We booked our room a few hours earlier via our choice hotels app. Surprisingly the hotel had 4 out of 5 stars. Pictures looked good. Sweet right? We booked a king size bed no smoking room. My confirmation email shows it. What we are given is a 2 double bed smoking room. So we ask for a non smoking room, king size bed. We get to our new room and it's non smoking but double size. Ok we can deal. My friend goes to check the bathroom and pulls out a towel and there was a dead cockroach in the towel.

There were 2 dead ones by the bed. So flush those and pull up the covers on the bed to check for bugs. As we check I look up and there is a large live cockroach on the wall. That was our breaking point. So we went and asked for a refund. The clerk says we trashed the room, but in reality all we did was pull up the covers to check for bugs. Since we saw 4 who knows if there would be more. We received the refund and left. I know cockroaches are a normal bug in Texas area, but I was not okay with sleeping in a room with them. This hotel shouldn't even get a star. By far the worst experience I've had in a hotel ever. Very very sad.

Original review: July 12, 2017

We was there 20 June 2017. Before the last 27 years we always loved them. Now in Wade, NC, 3945 Goldsboro Rd, we got the room. The first room the hard floor never washed the last 6 months. Bed was very dirty, not changed and the coffee pitcher had a 4 weeks old mold coffee there, but the cleaner like some tip, I gave to her. Better you cleaning. The second room was ok but tv, telephone, alarm clock was not working. Get my tip too. Morning we find out the manager is all week on the GOLF TOURNAMENT, and nobody replace it. Why?? Besides we had to pay 20$ more for king size bed. We never ever had to pay extra money. It's truth. Nothing last forever. We find on the way home; HOLIDAY EXPRESS INN and 15$ more than this garbage dump, and breakfast, SO GREAT LIKE LUNCH. Please never ever stay ECONOLODGE AGAIN. Thank you.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I will never go back to this hotel ever in life again. Usually the staff is nice but the manager's wife who was an elder Indian lady was super rude. In the morning when we went for breakfast we told her "Good morning" she only stared at us and didn't reply. When I took my kids to the pool we asked for extra towels. She asked what room we were in and stated I only have a king size room and didn't pay for that. I was floored. I told her I would pay for the extra towels. She was very rude and disrespectful.

I had been a faithful customer to them for almost a year so she knew I was a regular. When I called and complain the manager only said he will talk to her because he wasnt there so he has to talk to her and see what she says. That is some straight bs. Their room are not even up to code standards. To be frank I feel she was racist.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I can't believe this place is open. First thing is they said they had 4 rooms left and they had 60 or more open. The price was over 200. Hell you can get something in Vegas for a quarter of the price. The place is outdated and dirty, bathroom light doesn't work, dirty tub, hanger on wall broken, and it's musty and smells... GROSS!!!

Original review: July 2, 2017

We stayed at Econolodge in Jacksonville FL Mayport. We paid for the room at 2. They said it wouldn't be ready till 4. Went to the beach, came back around 6. They gave us the key card. We went to the room, opened the door, beer cans everywhere, beds messed up. Went back to the office told them. They moved us. Got to that room. Water didn't work in the tub, our shower door would not lock, lock was broke off. Told them. They said, "Sorry we are out of rooms." We had our kids. Didn't really feel safe but we stayed. Got home a week later and found we had bed bugs. Had to get the house and beds and furniture treated a 1000 dollars later. I would not recommend this place to anyone. I have photos.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I am so utterly disgusted in the fact that the Econolodge located in Carrollton GA is still in business and nothing has been done or investigated regarding all the bad reviews on their website. I have stayed there and it's a horrible place. For one the property needs an overhaul badly inside and out. They have infestations of roaches and they have so many rooms that have bed bugs. And when it's brought to the attention of the what is called manager it's pretty much ignored. If you're lucky enough not to get cursed out and banned from the property she will smile in your face and bellow out her plans to make it right and give you tons of apologies but when you leave she laughs and goes on to what she does best which is nothing.

The manager is very angry acting and very volatile. The employees act afraid of her and she berates and belittles them in front of guests. The particular few nights we stayed there we complained so many times about the roaches, about people hanging outside, no tv remote, our sheets had blood looking stains in them (so we went to Walmart and bought our own) but all of our complaints were ignored. Late in middle of the first night we began to smell marijuana very strong coming from the room next to ours and we also called about that. The next morning I went in to speak to the manager and she first got irritated that I even came to her and then she assured me she would handle it.

That next night we started smelling it again and cars were coming and going so we started to peep out to see what was going on and we actually saw the manager going into that room and she didn't leave out til that next morning around 10 as we left for our game. When I approached her and told her I saw her in there that night she says to me, "Oh yes. I stay on the property a lot and that room is reserved for mgmt." Totally forgetting that I had complained of the marijuana rolling out of there. I was dumbfounded. So in doing some talking to people who live there and some of the desk clerks that seems to be normal activity.

The manager has her father who is an opiate addicted junkie that uses needles to shoot up in his live in room there working as maintenance. Which explains why the roach treatments and bed bug treatments and broken beds or windows or lamps are just not getting fixed. And as bad as all of this is it only scratches the surface of what all is going on. There are rooms that have full families living in them full time with 3 or 4 dogs. There are women who are out there soliciting prostitution and drug dealers lurking. It's so sad.

So after the second night we decided to cut our stay short but went into the lobby to get coffee and a muffin before leaving out and the manager was actually there that early which shocked me but when I began to check out and tell her how the whole experience was she got so irate. She told me if I didn't like how she ran her property that I could take my ** to another hotel and that she wasn't going to kiss anyone's **. She even said for me to go ahead and try to call and complain on her cause many many have tried and nothing has ever been done. She tried to say she owned the property but I'm not so sure of that. She said Choice was a crap show company anyways and she didn't care if they pulled their name from her property.

So I attempted to make complaints and make complaints but the confirmation number she originally gave me is saying it's not valid so I'm sure she fixed that somehow. The desk clerks told me that she would go in and change things so really bad complaints were filed that she could get rid of them and she also would go on the site herself or have one of them to make a good review to help boost up her scores. Anyways that's my complaint and I can only pray that someone in the whole Choice Hotels team somewhere will bring a stop to this horrible place carrying their otherwise good name. We shall see. I have made many attempts. Please do what's right.

Original review: June 24, 2017

I checked into the motel in Sedalia, Mo. To start several things were broke in the room. The exhaust fan in the bathroom, the microwave, Power outlets. I sat on my bed and it broke. I went to the front desk and told them what had happened. The manager asked me if I had been jumping on the bed. I am 60 yrs old. No I haven't been jumping on the bed. She did change my room but rude comments from her were not needed or appreciated.

Original review: June 20, 2017

The Econo Lodge on Providence Highway and affiliate with Choice Hotels located in Sharon, Massachusetts is far from an adequate place to stay and enjoy a visit to the Boston area. The hotel clerk and staff are far from friendly and the rooms do not look like any of the pictures from the online website. The bathroom and vanity area was full of hair and soap scum, microwave was filthy with food from the guests and or guests from previous stays and it looked like the freezer and refrigerator had never seen a day of cleaning. We chose this location because it was one of the cheapest rates for Choice Hotels in the areas. Mind you it was over 100 dollars a night's stay.

Upon telling clerk about all the problems, they just brushed it off and didn't offer any compensation. Choice Hotels International really needs to look into their franchise properties. Hotels are a place where guests stay for vacation, to visit family, etc. As myself working in a hotel the guest expectations have not and will not ever be met at this location and it is not recommended. My pillowcase had pen marks all over it for God's sakes. I know the CEO of Choice Hotels went undercover to some of his hotels on the popular TV show, Undercover Boss, but obviously not enough digging happened during his findings. Not acceptable and will not be choosing Choice Hotels until something is done about my stay. Vacation to Boston was ultimately ruined. Thank you Choice Hotels.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

I stayed at the Choice Hotel (Econo Lodge) on Queen City Drive near the airport in Charlotte, North Carolina when a mirror fell off the wall. I informed the desk clerk and she stated that the hotel did not have anyone to clean it up, I would have to do it myself. She did not have any other rooms for me to switch over to either. That same desk clerk gave me a broom to remove the glass and told me that I had to get it up myself. There was at the time a maintenance person that stated he was tired and he was not cleaning it up. I had just checked into the room and asked then if I could speak to the manager. Once reentering the room and moving all my belongings to the front of the room, a piece of the rest the mirror cut my hand. I immediately went back to the desk and explained what happened and they said that they had a room for me then. I had to go to the emergency room to get 8 stitches.

I addressed it with the manager the next day, Dhi ** and has since been trying to get in touch with her and no one has given me a call back as of yet. I needed someone to take care of this situation so that I can get this resolved with the hospital. As often as I have stayed at this location, I am taken aback by the customer service and the lack of concern for the guests. In the future I hope that when an issue like this is presented that it will be acknowledge in a timely manner. I'm still taken aback by the lack of response.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2017

On 01-12-17 I checked into the Econo Lodge in Fallbrook Ca. Upon arrival I found that the parking lot was tight and not designed for the size of vehicle I was driving (full size Dodge pickup). After checking into room 107 we found that the doors did not shut tight and had to be double locked to hold tight. In the bathroom there was a lack of ventilation which could account for the large black stains on the ceiling above the shower.

The next morning when I went to the office for breakfast there was no orange juice. It was empty. There was no pastry, or bread for toast. The desk clerk had to be called to remedy this. (This was at 745, it is supposed to open at 700am and should be ready.) We left the hotel and returned at 7:30 that evening. When we entered our room we found that it had not been made up or cleaned. Housekeeping had not even entered the room. When I went to the office to ask why it was in this condition the first thing I was asked was "are you sure". I explained that the room was UN-touched and he, the clerk, was welcome to come and see for himself which he declined. He then asked If we had left the do not disturb sign out. I told him that there was not even a sign in the room. He advised that the problem would be addressed with housekeeping the next day.

The next day as we were preparing to leave I went to the office to check out and get my receipt and found the office closed with sign on the door that said go to night check in. The office is supposed to be open at 7:00am. At this time it was 7:20. After ringing the night bell several times a man appeared and told me to come back later. I told him that I wanted to check out and get my receipt. He stated that he would get someone.

After a few minutes he returned and attempted to open the side door which he did with some difficulty. He asked what I needed and I told him to check out. He asked what room and I told him 107. He asked this question 7 times and left the desk going to the back 3 times stating he needed help with the computer. When he finally got my receipt it was almost 30 minutes. I have been in law enforcement for over 30 years and have observed a lot of people and it is my opinion that the way this person acted and looked he was not that way from lack of sleep. My wife and I travel a lot and try to always stay at a Choice Hotel. Be assured that we will no longer pick an Econo Lodge.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2016

Our room had floors that moved when you walked on them (second floor). Smelled like someone has just smoke two packs of cigarettes in them but we were repeatedly told it was non-smoking, my wife was constantly having breathing problems because it smells so bad! The curtains were so old the light shines through (have pics). There was spots on the pillow and brown spots on the sheets. We called the front desk several times and no one ever answered! Our reservation was wrong and my sister in law was able to check into our room with no id or even calling us to make sure it was our room, that could have been anyone and he just handed them the key!!!! I have pictures to show the nasty room and nothing was done to accommodate us in any way!!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2016

Econo Lodge 601 Ocean Boulevard Myrtle Beach South Carolina. First room they put us in I killed 11 cockroaches in less than 30 minutes, taking them to the front desk in a Kleenex, putting them on the counter for everyone to see. The clerk was in total shock. At first she only offered to go spray the room this horrible smelling stuff. My mother has COPD and could not stand the smell of the spray. The carpet was filthy there wasn't no way we would take our shoes off and walking across that carpet - candy smashed into the carpet.

My service dog would not lay on the carpet. She refused to sit. She didn't even want to lay down on the bed. The bed skirts had white bodily fluids that were clearly visible. The bathroom has black mold around the tub and the ceiling behind the door room smells musty and moldy. Meanwhile this hotel is supposed to be 100% smoke-free. It is 100% smoked in both the rooms they tried to show us. Smell horrible cigarette smoke. The second room they showed us again carpets were filthy. The rundown not anything that I would expect any person and let them stay in those kind of conditions.

The outside of the hotel in the hallways were filthy trash on the floor with dirty paper towels and rags laying around, cigarette butts in the hallways smashed into the carpet, rusty and moldy doors. I demanded a hundred percent of my money in a refund and we left. Shame on Clarion Hotel website of saying this Motel had a four-star rating. In the pictures they have posted on the website are clearly not of the rooms in that hotel. I felt like I had been lied to and deceived to get us to stay there and find out we were not in a well maintain hotel.

Choice Hotels - Econolodge Company Information