Choice Hotels - Econolodge

Choice Hotels - Econolodge

2.8/5 (453 ratings)

About Choice Hotels - Econolodge

Choice Hotels - Econolodge Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels - Econolodge?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Original review: April 19, 2022

My experience with the over night manager was wonderful. I was book from a third party and when I got there I had a confirmation number. However, I was not and the system. I had called the place who book the room and was on the phone with her. At this point, she had ask for the person who was checking me in. I can hear the lady telling the overnight manager what to do or what she should see on the computer. Elva **, the manager, had an immensely amount of patient when I was ready to hang the phone of myself. She check me in the room and I appreciate her.

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Hi, Mike! We love to hear when our guests are satisfied! We'd like to pass on your message to the hotel management. We always encourage our hotels to go the extra mile for guests. To share your kudos with the hotel, can you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, hotel's address, and the name on the reservation? Regards. -Debbie.

Original review: April 8, 2022

Paid $100+ for crumbling faux leather headrest on chair and a moldy dripping hole above the shower. Arrived too late (after driving 11 hours) to change room/hotel. UNACCEPTABLE!!! Another guest shared his room had similar problems. Desk clerk said manager would be in Monday or Tuesday … Today is Friday

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Hello, Dee. The pictures and what you describe disconcert us a lot. We cannot believe the conditions you encountered at one of our hotels. My team has the disposition to look into this. Please reply in a private message with the full name on the reservation, the date of arrival, and your confirmation number. We will be awaiting your response. -Mei

Get buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

Somehow when I purchased this room the search engine I was using gave me Econolodge as a hotel with a pool. After checking in we found that there was no pool which was the main reason for the stay. I asked the front desk guy to cancel the room and he said he was too new and didn't know how to do it. I tried to cancel my request through the website, but that didn't work either. I called back and no one returned my call. Now I was charged for a room that I did NOT stay in!!! Not Happy and everyone online and off will hear about it till it gets fixed!

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

We want you to take advantage of all the amenities provided by the hotel, so we are sad to hear this hotel did not comply with our high-quality standards. Please send us a private message with your confirmation number, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation. -Grettel

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

My girlfriend and I Stayed at the Econolodge in Charlotte on Tryon St. Our flight had been cancelled and booked with the first, cheapest, closest place we could find. First mistake. Got to the hotel and the lobby was hot and muggy, the ceiling was leaking and there was water all over the floor. Key card reader took at LEAST 5 minutes to get even two room keys to program (after the guy went thru about 20 different cards). Security door upstairs didn’t lock, so anybody could walk in and roam the hallway, which looked like it hadn’t been vacuumed in a week and parts of the ceiling were falling down. Room smelled funky. Lights and outlets on one entire side of the room didn’t work. Mold in the mini fridge.

The AC worked but leaked water all over the floor on that side of the room. Cigarette butt in the toilet of our non smoking room. The room itself was sorta clean-ish... I guess. Wished I’d stayed at the place where they’ll keep the light on for me. I would rather have rented a car and slept in it in a convenience store parking lot. Worst hotel property I’ve ever stayed in. I wasn’t expecting the Ritz Carlton but was expecting WAY better than this. From reading all the negative reviews about Econolodge, I think the CEO needs to be on an episode of Undercover Boss! Zero Stars rating.

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Hello, Chris! Thank you so much for bringing this experience to our attention regarding the overall condition of your stay. Certainly, what you have described is not the experience we aim to deliver to our guests. To better assist you, could you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, arrival date, and the name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow up accordingly. -Ed

Original review: July 22, 2021

Econolodge in Idaho Falls Id. Disgusting! Zero stars, but no option for that No! No shower curtain, no toilet paper, no phones, no coffee creamer, no spoons, wet carpet, bathroom filthy. Continental breakfast only was cold cereal and white bread.. The room smelt like wet dog and musty cigarette smoke. Kids working at counter, did not know how to get a shower curtain, or who to contact. This was the worst hotel stay I ever had. At nearly $140 for 1 night. Highway robbery! Never again will I stay with Choice hotels, as well as passing the word to friends and family!

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Hello, Alyssa! Thank you so much for bringing this experience to our attention regarding the overall condition of your stay. To better assist you, could you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, arrival date, and the name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow-up accordingly. -Numas.

Original review: June 1, 2021

Stayed at Econo Lodge in St. Roberts, MO from 5/28/21 to 5/30/21 and the desk clerks when checking in and out were wonderful people who made us feel right at home, gave us great directions on where to eat and advice on attractions in the surround area. They were just wonderful. Now, moving on, housekeeping was terrible. Tub, bathroom floor and flooring by bed and TV were dirty. Sink was dirty, but toilet was clean. Guess that accounts for something. We bought our own cleaning supplies at a local general store there and cleaned the room ourselves and left the cleaning supplies behind so housekeeping could continue to keep the room clean. The housekeeper they had that day you could tell was not a happy camper and appeared to not take any pride in her work. Maybe some retraining will be helpful to get the Econo Lodge back up to a 5 Star hotel or at least close to it.

It appears 80% - 90% of the reviews here are 1 to 2 stars because of the uncleanliness of rooms and I think that speaks volume that some retraining needs to be done or if there is no training, some new training on health and cleanliness is needed before someone is hired. I bet you will see a big change in ratings if something like that is done. Good Luck and also, we loved Missouri. Beautiful area!!

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Hello, Debra! Thank you so much for bringing this experience to our attention regarding the housekeeping issues found at one of our branded hotels. To better assist you, could you please send us a private message with the name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow-up accordingly. -Liz.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

My son and I spent our night killing multiple cockroaches in the room. The website offers breakfast to find out they don't have breakfast even with face masks. I will never rent a room in any EconoLodge again. I would rather sleep in my car.

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tanya! I cannot even imagine how you feel regarding this situation. We completely understand that you expected to have higher standards, especially when you are traveling with your kids. Please know that due to the current situation, some amenities like breakfast are limited. We would like to share this information with the hotel owner for review. Can you send us a private message with your conf.#, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation? -Grettel

Original review: Nov. 28, 2020

If I could give zero stars I would! This place is in Hurricane, Utah just south of Zion NP. For 150 per night you should be able to eat off of the floor! The man that checked us in was rude and the lobby was filthy. Our room was filthy. Carpet dirty and smelled. Black hairs everywhere. Hair blow dryer was filthy. Bathroom counter filthy. Mattress was totally discussing! Has to haul luggage to second floor as no elevator. Towels were so old they were thin and rough. Tourist trap. 150 a night...give me a break! Have they even heard of COVID? We are lucky we didn't get COVID from this place!

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Your honest feedback is appreciated, Jean! Choice Hotel's goal is to provide pleasant experiences to each of our guests; we regret knowing that you've been through some difficulties during some of your stays with us. To make a proper follow-up, can you please send a private message with the hotel's name, date of arrival, confirmation number, and the name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow-up accordingly. -Liz.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2020

This hotel is the worst I’ve stayed in. Numerous code violations. Bare bulbs in bathroom. Objects torn from walls leaving sharp metal ends. Broken chair. Bugs. Paint pealing. Room not ready. Missing items. Bed dirty.

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

Hello, Geoff! It saddens us to hear about your dissatisfaction with one of our branded hotels. My team would like to have an opportunity to look more into this situation. Can you please send us a private message with your full name, confirmation number, date of arrival, and the hotel's name? We will keep an eye out for your reply. -Liz.

Original review: July 21, 2020

Econolodge Truman Inn Sedalia Mo. This place is awfull!! Stinks and drug activity all around. They charged us 311.83 for 2 nights!! We paid for 7 nights @ 300.65. Stayed 2 more nights and was charged 42.95 +5.95+300.65 then was given a 37.36 credit. We tried to check out on the 2nd day at night because of leaving at 2:30 am was told couldn’t so I called later that day to let them know we were gone!

Choice Hotels - Econolodge response

We know money is a pressing matter, Robin. And paying to be disappointed is not what Choice Hotels aims to deliver to valued guests like you. We want to look further into this for you. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your confirmation#, arrival date, and name on the reservation. We will keep an eye on your response. -Helder

Choice Hotels - Econolodge Company Information