1.15/5
Based on 146 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

182 Choice Hotels - Econolodge Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 26, 2016

We go to Bear Lake every summer and try to stay in a hotel on our way there. We've stayed at this hotel twice and haven't had anything bad to say. It's priced right if you're on a budget but well managed.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

I called Econo Lodge and asked if they took AAA card. The girl said "no but come in and we can make some kind of a good deal." When I get there no one knows anything about it. I asked to talk to Sueanne, who told me that, the receptionist said she would call her. She called her about 7 times, kept telling me she did not answer her phone. I said I would wait until she contacted her. I would of stayed at different hotel except I was told I would get a good deal. I sat in waiting room for 30 minutes, then a guy said she was there, she was outside behind the hotel. They told me to walk outside, go around building and find her. I go back there they are girls standing there and just ignored me. I asked for Sueanne, she said she forgot about the deal.

I told her I was upset so we went in hotel and she said she was gonna ask her boss. They go behind closed doors, approx 15 mins. Later they would make a deal if I stay in the old building which was disgusting. I said no. So then I get charge $40 for upgrade. Got to room, the stench was so bad I got sick in my stomach. I prompted the door open till I went to bed. I was in a front room right across from a truck stop. Loud trucks all night, I didn't sleep at all. I get home and $150, $39.95, $10.90 were charged to my account that I was never notified they were gonna do. Put my checking in negative. Bank charged me $35 each for overdraft fees! I called them he said I smoked in the room.

I'm not a smoker, a trash can had cig butts in it that was part of the stench in the room. The $10.90 he said I stole pillowcases. There were none on them when I got there! I asked for refund, he said no. I called my bank and filed a dispute. He did refund $150 after bank contacted him. Now there's a review on their page under my name that I did not say. I tried to change it but I can't, seems I'm blocked. I got bed bugs and had a severe reaction. Went to my doctor for help and I pay out of pocket, had to get meds. To get rid of it, I had to have my house exterminated for $750. I'M PISSED.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

A friend and I made a reservation at this hotel when we had a dog show on the Cape. The room was $69 a night, at first appeared clean but worn. HOWEVER, the toilet eventually overflowed, the sink took forever to drain, and the TV had one working channel and there were spiders in the bathroom. Yuck! We walked our dogs at the end of the building, where we saw two broken air conditioners, two refrigerators, and a toilet. There was also trash all over the place. It was gross!

In the morning we went to the office to request another room, and that's when we found out that, even though the dogs weren't staying in the room with us, we would be charged $25 per dog per night. Why? They were on the property. According to the woman at the desk, this is standard practice at all hotels on the Cape. We checked out, and sure enough the bill showed $69 for room and $50 for dogs that stayed in the car. Seriously? We went next door to the Days Inn, where we got a room for $99 a night. Pets are not allowed, but there was no charge for dogs staying in the car. The room and the property were clean, and everything worked just fine. We thoroughly enjoyed the dog show and rested well at the Days Inn. We would stay there again in a heartbeat. Econo Lodge? I won't stay in any Econo Lodge after this experience!!!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2016

We were traveling thru Ga and wanted a hotel for the night with a pool. When we got there, the pool was green, that upset us but we would deal with it as we just traveled for hours and were tired. The room smelled musty when we walked in. I sat down on the bed. My husband sat on the chair. The bed was extremely damp feeling, I then went to prop a pillow behind my back and I see something thru the pillowcase, it is BLOOD. I then go into the bathroom, there is no plug for the bathtub, there is pubic hair on the toilet seat & on the floor. I'm so disgusted by then, but we were exhausted, I wanted to check the bed sheets & there was something black and gross on it.

I then went to the office and told them that I wanted a refund! The manager said that she'd have to look at the room, which was understandable. She pats the bed & says "that's dry", I show her the blood on the pillow, was told that she'd get me another pillow. She said the bathroom was clean, that the room was fine and we weren't getting a refund. I held up the sheet and asked if she considered that to be clean also. She once again told me that she would not give a refund. I at that point told her that she could stay in that bed because we weren't! She then told me that she'd put us in another room, I told her that I'd like to see the room first, I was told that I wasn't allowed to touch anything or unmake the bed. I told her that I wanted to make sure it was clean. Her reply was "I TOLD YOU. IT WAS CLEAN." It was the WORSE place we have ever stayed!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2016

The top blanket had stains on it. Wrinkled top sheet with hair on it. The blanket had cigarette burns in it, no mattress pad and one pillow. Not that I would ever have used it. The bathroom covered in mold and the showers was actually disintegrating. I didn't put my bags down in the 15 minutes I was there. I did however take pictures. You need to see it to believe it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2016

Arrived in Sea-Tac airport and could get my rental car until the next day because of problems with Budget Car Rental in Sea-Tac. I had a nine day stay planned at the Bellingham Washington Econo Lodge. Having health issues and being disabled I decided that I was better off getting a hotel that night in Sea-Tac rather than wait any longer for my car. I cancelled the reservation for that day in the Econo Lodge in Bellingham Washington and checked in the Econo Lodge in Sea-Tac. I ended up being charged in both Econo Lodges and the Bellingham Econo Lodge would not waive the charge. Talking about not being understanding of a situation beyond my control. Called Choice Hotels which represent both hotels and their customer service department was not much help.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2016

St. George, SC Terrible and Filthy! When I asked for acknowledgement in writing that I was checking out because of live and dead BED BUGs, the owner refused. I called police and filed a complaint. Avoid at all cost!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2016

My daughter, granddaughter and I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Marion, VA on July 30, 2016. We thought it would be okay since it was a name motel that we knew. Much to our disappointment though the room was anything but pleasant. The upholstery on the furniture was old and dirty. The carpet felt dirty as well. We kept our shoes on. The toilet overflowed. The lady from the front desk came and plunged it, but then did not clean off the seat. We were afraid to flush it the rest of the night. And it was $90 for the night. We had to dodge spiders and their webs to get to our room. If it wasn't for the fact that we had been driving all day, my daughter had a seizure, and my granddaughter had thrown up... I would have went to another hotel. But I guess that's how they get you. And that cost was with my AARP discount??? It was not worth it at all. I don't think I'll ever stay at an Econo Lodge again after this. I have my receipt to prove it.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2016

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Sun Aug14 for one night. The door was hard to open and it wouldn't close all the way. The bathroom shower was all messed up. The lights half-worked. I am a Econo Lodge guest in many cities. THIS WAS A BAD HOTEL. HOTEL NEEDS A LOT OF WORK. NO MICRO AT ALL IN THE ROOM, NO IRON. BUT IRONING BOARD.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2016

On July 8th my husband and I traveled to Ohio for work. We booked a room at the Econolodge in Perrysburg Ohio. Upon arrival we got to our room and it smelled horrible of smoke, mold and urine. The bathroom was dirty, tiles broken, lampshades stained. Pretty gross. We got in very late so stayed since we already paid and they didn't do refunds. We got up early and went to work. Came back to the room to nap before the next job when my employee that was with us felt something crawling on his arm. He looked and it was a bedbug. He got up and we all looked, they were coming out of the pillow and the mattress. This is disgusting.

We went to the front desk and asked for a refund so we could go elsewhere. The kid said they couldn't give refunds and offered another room. This room was just as bad, however no bedbugs. I did see a roach though. The next day we called the manager and he offered us a free night stay. No way was I staying there again. So he said to come and pick up half our money. Mind you we live 2 hours away in Michigan. We came back into town and called the manager. He said he would be there and for us to pick up our money. When we got there he was gone and the lady on duty didn't know anything about it. Needless to say we didn't receive any of our money back. This place was terrible. Bad service, bad rooms and Bed bugs... I would never recommend this place to anyone.

Original review: July 25, 2016

Stayed at Grand Rapids, MI for 3 nights for a basketball tournament. My husband found a bed bug crawling up the curtain. He took it to the front desk who swore it was not a bed bug and confiscated it. A friend who was also staying and works at the health department sent a photo to a coworker who confirmed it was a bed bug. The next day when packing up, we noticed another bug on the corner of our daughter's bed. My husband went down to talk to the manager, but the front desk said the manager would not come out to talk to him. By far the most disgusting hotel experience we've ever had. Packed everything up in garbage bags and went straight to a laundromat after an exhausting weekend.

Original review: July 11, 2016

This has to be the worst case of hotel management I've ever seen. Bathroom was absolutely disgusting. Hair and black mold. It looked like it had never been cleaned, EVER. There was a black ring around the tub. The towels had grease hand prints on them. A cardboard Christmas tree was hanging in the bathroom to try to cover the smell. The room reeked in general. It was also FULL of mosquitoes. I am also covered in BEDBUG BITES! (I have photos.) Which I am VERY allergic to. The floor was so gross and sticky that I could not take off my shoes. There was a water leak in the room so the floor by the bathroom was soaked, which added to the smell.

Half of the lights did not work, so it was very dark but you could still see all the stains in the rug and on the linens. Bed linens looked like they had NEVER BEEN WASHED. I am COVERED in mosquito and bedbug bites. I was told there was WiFi and yet I could not get a connection. The wastebaskets were full of garbage and disgusting. I have photos. This is appalling. I had been driving for 9 hours and there was literally nowhere to stay in this small town of Osceola Arkansas. I was charged 89.00 for this nightmare!! I cannot believe this company would allow such conditions. I cannot seem to find any type of email contact to report these deplorable conditions. I shall be contacting corporate in this matter. I expect a FULL REFUND!

Original review: July 7, 2016

I have been trying to get this straightened out. I stayed at the Econo Lodge in Canton, GA. On the 14th of June I was charged 58+$ for my room which I paid for with my credit card. Then when I was checking my account I see that there was another charge of 100$ from the same hotel. I called the hotel and they told me that the 100$ was because we smoked in the room. First of all I asked for a smoking room because the person that I was traveling with smokes but when we got to the room there was a no smoking sign on the door. Being that it was late we both just fell asleep and when we got up in the morning we picked up our things and checked out. (No one smoked).

Personally I don't think that without a inspection of the room before and after that I should be responsible for paying a 100$ or any other fine for any purpose. And I believe that if you are going to rent a room to someone you should make it a priority to inform people that if they deem necessary that they are going to charge you 100$ for any wrong doings. It is only fair. Anyway I live on a fixed income and cannot afford to lose that much money. As a result of this issue my friend had to have money sent to him so we could finish our trip. I am hoping that someone will help me solve this issue and maybe we can all learn something from it. Thank you.

Original review: June 23, 2016

We stayed 3 nights at an Econolodge in Carrollton Virginia and was charged an additional 32$ outside of our agreed payment. When we asked front desk he was extremely hostile with me claiming it was a holding fee and wouldn't be charged only pending and it would drop off. It didn't drop off and after calling corporate 4 times getting hung up on every time we finally got in contact with them and they revealed it wasn't a holding fee and it's still unknown what it is. It got tacked onto our third night showing in the receipt our third night was 94$... We're still working with corporate to get our refund. Not to mention the room had bugs and smelled like **.

Original review: June 17, 2016

The econo lodge in Jeffersonville Ohio off 71 never accepts coupons. I have been staying in this area for several months now and no matter what day of the week the coupon isn't being accepted, so why do they keep printing coupons in the free coupon book if they never ever accept them???

Original review: June 13, 2016

This review is about the Econo Lodge at exit 41, on I75 north in London, Kentucky. My husband and I had been driving for the better part of the day. We decided to stop for the night and checked in. Upon arrival to our room, I sat on the bed. My husband moved his pillow, and on top of his pillow was a bed bug. We immediately left, got our refund, and went to another hotel. Upon check in at this hotel, I asked if their rooms had bed bugs. I found it odd that this person knew exactly which hotel I had just come from. With other hotels in the area knowing that this particular has bed bugs, I find it hard to believe that the management of the Econo Lodge would not do anything to eliminate this health hazard. I will not frequent another Econo Lodge any time soon.

Original review: May 27, 2016

Horrific experience is probably an understatement. I checked in at the Econo Lodge West in El Paso, Tx. on Mesa St. The lack of cleanliness and hygiene at this hotel is beyond disgusting! I was switched not once or twice but three times since every room I was put in was disgustingly filthy! The first room was the worst. I walked into a bed frame, wall, picture mounted on top of the bed and sofa all completely covered in semen!! Yes! I'm not exaggerating it was completely covered in it. Absolutely disgusting!! The remote control was absolutely filthy as well, full of who knows what and human hair!! Oh yes, and let's not forget the phone in the room did not work. I went to the front office to express my disgust and wanted my money back but the manager refused and put me in another room. Well this one had dirty, stained towels and the bedding had blood stains and burned cigarette holes.

Again I requested my money back so I can go to a decent, clean hotel and the manager was very rude and said, "You can leave if you wish but will not get your money back." Tried calling customer service, was on hold for over an hour and got hung up on. I tried corporate but never got thru. I again went to the front desk and there was a different person who told me the exact same thing. "I can't help you, I cannot reimburse you and it's up to you if you want to stay or go."

She said she could change me again to another room and I told her I would bet anything it would not make a difference what room I would go to - they will all be the same so I made her accompany me to check the new room I was going to stay in so she can walk around and check it with me and sure enough we found the shower curtain full of blood as well as the shower wall. I mean how in the world is that place open! There is no possible way it would pass an inspection. Needless to say I grabbed my stuff and left and these people stole my money. Please, please don't stay at this hotel and don't let any friends and family go thru the nightmare I had to go thru.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Stay at this motel was a terrible mistake. Located in bad area. The back door is open all night due to key box being broken. Creepy people come off street and walk halls, no pool, TV got stolen out my room after check out. Manager called me and told me about missing TV without checking "cameras". I then told him about a strange man I encountered on the back step as I was leaving. Bathtub faucet ran all day and night, water never did get hot, microwave didn't work properly. I won't mention the breakfast!!! Last but not least, the housekeeping staff was not friendly. They were actually rude!! Pictures can hide deception, but I know I will never stay there again! Did see a few roaches also. This place needs to be torn down asap!!! Two Notch Road location (Nates Rd.)

Original review: April 27, 2016

Made a reservation at Econo Lodge months early in Beaufort, SC. When I got there the manager Freddy would not let me check in, said that their hotel did not allow one to make reservations online. Freddy asked me to leave as it was not his problem. Do not stay at Econo Lodge even with a reservation, makes no difference. If they want to tell you "No" then they will. Even when I called customer care they said they support their manager's and their business decisions. This Freddy was just a classic **. I hope the whole state of South Carolina is not like this.

Original review: April 25, 2016

One night stay at Richburg SC Econo lodge. I arrived late as I was traveling North. Was given a room on the bottom floor. I woke up and took a shower. While taking a shower I turned around and I felt a slight pain on my left foot. I looked down and the shower had a 6 in or so crack in the floor. I got out of the shower and my foot had a cut along the side of it. I wrapped it up and had a first aid kit in my bag. I put some antibiotic and a band-aid over the cut. I didn't think it had cut that deep. I went to the office and showed the 2 ladies at the counter and they stated, "Oh that room was not to be rented, we're so sorry about that. We knew there was a room with a broken tub but we forgot which one it was." I ask for the manager and they said she wasn't in yet. I had to get on the road, so I left and made a note of the place and thought well I should be able to call back and see about a discount or refund my money.

I sent a email to the address what had happened along with the pictures of my foot and the crack. Well their website would not take the pictures, so after 2 tries I removed the pics and sent it though. While on my vacation my foot started hurting more and I shortened my vacation and headed home. Bought 2 big bottles of Listerine and soaked my foot. I tried calling 3 times for the manager and he or she was never there yet they said. I sent another email to the gm138@choicehotels.com to let them know what was up. I pulled out a 1/8 to 3/16 in piece of white fiberglass out of my foot. Finally after a week they responded by sending me a email stating they wanted to talk to me and gave me a phone number to call. It was their reservation line. I waited like 5 min burning up my minutes on my phone twice.

Later after another week they left a message by Silva with a number w/ no area code and the same 1-800-300-8800. "Gee, thanks. Your call is very important. Just wait for the next available person." That sounds like they really don't want to hear from anyone. My foot is better now and I will make it a point to never stay at a Choice hotel chain hotel again nor would I recommend it to anyone else. It's not worth the pain or the runaround.

Original review: April 19, 2016

I booked a room online with Choice Hotels on the way to my destination on 4/17/2016 for one night. I was already in town but it was raining and I wanted to eat something before settling in for the night. The reservation was non-cancellable but I knew I was not cancelling since it was for that day. When I got to the hotel, the reservation they had for me was for May 1, 2016 and when I looked that's what my confirmation said. When I called them to tell them of the mistake they made, all they said was that They could not cancel. Needless to say, I had to pay for my stay that night and will have to pay for the May 1 reservation. I will NEVER stay in a Choice Hotel again and I will make EVERY effort to make it known that this line of hotels has no integrity and that they operate underhanded.

Original review: April 13, 2016

We had reservations for April 4-5 2016 at Sandusky, Ohio. The process was very appreciated... no problems at all. The customer service was great. We even checked in earlier with no problems. The room was very clean... except a sitting chair at the desk. They even serve a light continental breakfast before 11 am. The staff was very accommodating. We are planning on going back to Sandusky this summer... will check availability for rooms again.

Original review: March 20, 2016

I reserved a room for a week while visiting for my husband's drill sergeant graduation. Pictures online looked good. Once I arrived, there were people outside I soon learned that worked there verbally harassing me! The lobby was not so great but I was willing to continue and see what my room looked like. Went to go to my room and the men I had seen out front were smoking in the building. The whole place smelled of cigarettes. Walked into my room, stains all over the bedding, marks and stains all over the walls, things hind in the walls were crooked and falling off, air conditioner smelled of a rotting animal, there was no shower curtain, no towels, huge whole in the ceiling of the bathroom patched up with a piece of plywood.

Needless to say I went straight downstairs to see about checking out immediately! The front desk lady was very rude! And on top of that have yet to refund my money yet three days later. Tried to call corporate, got transferred to file a complaint, was sent to an automated message and they are only available Monday through Friday. But doesn't even have an option to leave a message, just hung up on me! I have stayed at Econo lodges in numerous places with my husband being in the military and was fine but this was the worst experience I have ever had! I will be telling everyone I know to never ever stay at this hotel ever! Greatly disappointed! The Econo lodge on two notch road in Columbia, SC should be closed immediately! There is no way it could pass any inspections!!

Original review: March 4, 2016

The website application asked for a lot of information. However, the date of occupancy was filled in automatically without customer input in such a way that it was easy to miss. There was no way to correct the date after a certain point in the web page. A new registration was prepared with the new date. The company refused to cancel the first registration and there was no person at customer relations or otherwise that had the authority to adjust for this situation. Just bad business practice and not reasonable. Could have been corrected with absolutely no loss to them. Instead they lost a customer for all time. Avoid doing business with them.

Original review: March 2, 2016

Econolodge Selma NC. On Monday February 29th 2016 I was extremely tired as well as a co-worker of mine who came later from Law enforcement physical training camp in South Carolina and I couldn't make it home all the way so I stopped at the Econolodge in Selma. I used my AARP and was charged 67.19. When you check into any establishment, you expect for the motel to grant you what you ask for. Mind you when we were resting, we heard several women who appeared to be arguing loudly below the room we were assigned on the first level. We both figured it was something brief and being that we were both tired we let it go. Then approx. 40 to 45 min later two parties began to get loud again. One party of males beside us and some females and along with that a car in the parking area blasting their music.

When I gathered my things as well as my co-worker we discovered a roach coming from behind the cups. This is definitely not good not just for us because they can be carried to our residence but to the hotel and other guest because they breed and spread germs. I addressed my issues with the night desk person. They wanted to move me to a front room. I wanted my money back. She made a call and refused to grant me what I requested. She stated we should have called first. This is totally unacceptable. What happened to the customer is always right? Why would I fabricate a story to get my money back? If I pay for a place to rest and quiet that is what the hotel should require.

What frustrated me even more, when I reported about the arguing and the women appeared to go outside in the parking lot, the lady looked at the camera. She should be monitoring the cameras anyway which tells me that the establishment doesn't care about the welfare of its guest. I am requesting my refund. I don't deserve this type of service and I plan to forward my complaint elsewhere. But I need for something to be done. We were not nasty to the night worker but she didn't even try to offer another option other than moving to the front where it could still have the potential of being uncomfortable and noisy. I need my refund back. Please someone really needs to come forward and give me that or another option. I feel like Econolodge ripped me off. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

Last weekend we stayed at the Econo Lodge, Elkart, IN for 2 nights. The motel room wasn't too bad, except it did smell stuffy, and we let the door open for awhile. They did mislead us when they said that there was a continental breakfast. The menu was 2 kinds of cereal, milk (just on the first day, as they were out the 2nd day), also bagels, coffee and juice. I must say the toaster only worked on the one side. We were told the 2nd day that milk was coming, but after 2 hours it still wasn't there. So, we didn't wait any longer and left. Would I recommend this motel, no way!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2016

Thanksgiving weekend 2015. Econo Lodge Downtown Memphis TN. The wrong hotel was booked for me by a family member, during a family reunion weekend, they were booking hotels for all the families that were attending. Was supposed to have been Econo Lodge Memphis on Elvis Presley Blvd. We asked for a refund to book the correct hotel and they would not. So we thought this might be ok and we would have to drive further to meet our families.

The worse experience in my life, it was torture. Just filthy and unsanitary. I had to put towels on the floor for my dog and us to walk on. We never took off our shoes. We didn't bathe in the shower or tub. We went to the other hotel where other family members lodged to bathe. The doors rattled, my granddaughter was locked in her room and couldn't get it open, we had to pull and jerk to get her out. There was a bubble filled with water hung from the ceiling that leaked from a room above, probably leaked from a bathroom.

The front lobby was dirty and the furniture in there looked unclean and moldy. The elevator didn't work properly, one side broke down and it took forever waiting for the other side to arrive. The elevator would not tell you what floor you would arrive on. I have arthritis and could not walk the stairs. A nonsmoking room was ordered and we received a smoked stale smelling room, it was horrible. The cost for a pet doubled the price that was quoted. The blanket had hair on it and the pillows smelled. Looked like black mud that stained the carpet. The furniture in the room was torn and dirty. We spent four hundred dollars for accommodations. I would like a refund. We were told that a restaurant and bar was on the property that joined to the hotel but it looked closed down and never opened. Please look this hotel up. It looks good online, but make a visit there.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2016

I have traveled across country and have NEVER had a worse experience than I had at the Econo Lodge in Ridgeland, SC. We checked in somewhere between 6:30 and 7 PM January 2, 2016. We went to eat then back to the room. I finally went to bed around 1 am. After about 2 hours I couldn't stand the itching anymore so I decided to take a shower to see if that would help. When I looked in the mirror I noticed several bites. One on my right arm, 2 on my left arm, 1 on my left finger, and 1 on my chest. After getting dressed I woke my husband and had him check my neck and sure enough there was another 1 right in the middle of the back of my neck. I told him we have to get out of here. I was so upset I threw my nightclothes out.

I went to the office while my husband was packing the car. The girl behind the desk was very sympathetic when I showed the bites to her. She called the manager who Sat down at the opposite side of the room and told me "Those are not bed bug bites". I replied whatever they are they are biting me and I want my money back. At that time he started raising his voice and said, "How do I know you didn't bring them in with you from Florida?" And accused me of wanting a free room. I was appalled with his response and told him I was not in Florida. He kept accusing me of bringing them in with me and his voice was getting louder and louder. I kept trying to tell him there were NO spots or itching before I went to bed.

He then yelled "Get the hell off my property!!!" By this time I was in tears. I told the girl behind the desk I wanted my money back and information to get in touch with the home office. Seeing me in tears the supposedly owner Sam ** continued yelling "Don't give her anything except her receipt!" And again yelled "Get the hell off my property!!!" After we left while still in tears I called the police. My advice to anyone reading this is, "If that is the last place on earth available, stay in your car!"

Original review: Dec. 14, 2015

Room was not cleaned and was damaged. Towels were folded in half and were still damp. Leftover, opened soap was in the shower. Desk had food stains. Room had damaged counter. Room smelled. I was given a new room after complaining. There was a big difference. Then I saw the attached picture. It looks like I was actually given Room 109 originally. That room number was x'd out and Room 115 was written in.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2015

I checked in Econolodge hotel in Bloomington Illinois December 9. I was laying in the bed and started feeling itchy. Jumped up, moved the pillows and saw two bed bugs crawling around. Grab my bags and went to the front desk to get my money back. They asked what the problem was. I said "you got bugs." The owner with a attitude said "I have no bugs here." I took him back to the room moved the pillows and "Guess what you do have bugs. Now give me my money back and I need the number for the corporate office." He said "I don't have that number." So I got my money and a red itchy neck and shoulders and walk out.

Choice Hotels - Econolodge Company Information