3.8/5 (215 ratings)

About Cruises.com

Cruises.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I booked a cruise to Mexico for my wife and myself to Mexico on a Feb 20th, 2022 sailing from LA to Mexico. The trip actually starts next week. I booked and paid for my cruise in full on the day it was due. I also included the $399 airfare deal NCL was offering. When I finally got my flight info they had booked me to arrive in LA on Feb 20th at 11am and leave LA to come home on the same day at 3. According to their booking we would arrive at LAX and immediately go to another gate and get back on the plane to come home..the same day. When I told them of the mistake I was literally told the NCL makes the reservations and after booked there can be no changes.

After a couple of weeks it was determined that Cruises.com had omitted a code that caused the problem. I was then called by a cruises.com rep who told me they were getting it straightened out but I would now have to pay an additional $194 to get it corrected. Now I find out that we are not booked for transfers from LAX to the pier to get on the ship and we have to book and pay for that ourselves, too! This company is a joke!! In any other company if this happened and it was their fault they would take care of it...not these people. After the total was paid the service stopped and basically I was told TOO BAD in regard to all the screw ups. I wish I had read their reviews before I booked as I found my experience is in no way unusual...they do this to their customers regularly. If you are lucky enough to see this before you book...don't walk...run from this company! I will never use them again and will actively try to tell anyone I can the same.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

If you want to spend your vacation on hold with Cruises.com. If you don't want a company that's keeps their word and calls back this is not the company for you. They shorted us 300. We have the documents for proof. They don't care and they won't call you back

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

We booked a cruises on Cruises.com and everything seemed good, until we flew from Arizona to New York and tried to call the transport company to make sure they picked us up early because we had a 9am check in. They never answered their phone so we called NCL and were told we have to go through Cruises.com not NCL. Ok started calling when we landed in New York to figure this out, just wanted to know when they were going to pick us up at our hotel to take us to the port to catch our cruise. That’s when we spent 5.5 hours on the phone to find out the vouchers we were given from Cruises.com are fake and they will not do anything about it.

Let me correct that statement, the supervisor Scott ** 800-288-6006 ex-** will call NCL at 10am to see what they can do, BUT we are scheduled to check in at 9AM that same day, so he will see what he can do after we check in. But we paid for these vouchers and now we will have to sue them just to get the money for the fake vouchers Cruises.com sent us. Yes I did send them a copy of what they sent us and still nothing. We are now on our own to find transportation even when we paid for them. Cruises.com and Scott and everyone we talked to about this fiasco see you in small claims.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

A vacation is supposed to be stress relieving. Everything started great. There was a promotion for a Carnival cruise with on board credit and gratuities paid. Our agent was very friendly, we verbally confirmed everything, and paid it in full. A couple of weeks later, we noticed on our email confirmation that there was nothing about the gratuities. So I called my agent Michael back, left 6+ messages, no response. Finally I call another agent, and somehow got my entire cruise canceled. They "eventually" got it reinstated, but we lost the room we were in, lost my early dining option, and my excursions/drink package/wifi were all canceled too. Also in this process, somehow I ended up owing money on a cruise that I had already paid in full.

And that ended up in Carnival not allowing me to print my boarding passes. That part eventually got fixed. But I lost over 10 hours of work time trying to get this all fixed and cruises.com still didn't honor the promise of gratuities paid from their website or the verbal confirmation from their agent (and we confirmed this multiple time with the agent before paying the rate in full). This is false advertisement, purposely misleading information from the agent‽, horrible customer service on fixing "part" of the problems (that they caused), even worse customer service on not living up to their printed statements and verbal statements! I do not recommend Cruises.com for anything!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

They advertise specials that they will not actually give. Virtual gift card will be issued 4-6 weeks after, I guess they hope people will forget in that time, it’s been 8 weeks and nothing. Called and all they say it was sent. No confirmation, no gift card number, no trace... no proof... They just say it was sent. I said just sent me the same email out again and she says she can’t and sent in a form requesting it to be send again and maybe it will. That’s crazy. How is that legal to advertise something and then just say it was sent without any proof whatsoever.

Another advertised offer was not issued too, with more excuses that the website listed it wrong. Well then it’s their fault. A business should not advertise something and then come up with numerous excuses as to why they will not give advertised specials. False advertising. How many times they claim they will do something and call you back and won’t and then you call and then they claim to know about nothing no notes were put on the acc. Crazy. Booked years ago without issue but this year so many issues.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2021

I booked a cruise with Oceania Cruise lines, where I get my deposit back if I notify them by 9/4/2021. Ten days before that, I notified my Cruises.com rep that I will not be going on the cruise. On 9/2/2021, I sent my rep an email to this effect and asked the status of any future cruise credit and/or cash refund. On about 9/9, I get a call from another cruises.com rep, saying that I never notified them that I am not going on the cruise and that I will lose my deposit. I then sent her a copy of my 9/2 email and she did straighten out this mess. She said that my original rep would get back to me with the details of my future cruise credit and cash refund, never heard from her. I sent at least 3 emails to this rep, asking for the same information, never got any clarification to this date.

I was so dissatisfied with cruises.com service that I called back to file a complaint about how my booking was handled and their failure to respond to my many requests. This rep assured me that she would relay my complaint to one of her managers, who would investigate and and get back to me within 24-48 hours. Two weeks have gone by and I still have not heard from a manager or anyone else from cruises.com. I will never use cruises.com again.

Original review: July 29, 2021

Updated on 08/03/2021: Update: A supervisor, Tiana from Cruises.com, just called me in response to my previous post. She wanted to tell me, yet again, why they were not going to keep their promises in advertising. She stated that it was "understandably confusing" but they weren't willing to be fair and make it right for the customer in any way. How, as a business, can you admit to being wrong but unwilling to correct your mistake? You won't stay in business very long that way. Again, buyer beware and do not buy from this dishonest company!

Original review: I booked my cruise in April on the Meraviglia for Nov. 6, 2021. I went through Cruises.com because they included on board credit, the Easy package and wifi for free with my booking. When I made my final payment today, it was paid in full and I got the confirmation. They called me 5 hours later and left a voice mail saying I still owed for the extra perks I ordered. (I never ordered them, they came with the booking) Over $800 for wifi and the drink package for 2 people. After over 2 hours on hold waiting for MSC, (still don't know why they called them), and multiple untruths told by Cruises, I got nowhere. Be very aware when you book and make sure to print out what they promise. This will be my first and last cruise with MSC and I will never use Cruises.com again.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I booked a cruise with Cruises.com in 2019 for a 2020 cruise. Covid happened, then CRUISES.COM, said I could rebook but again but now the insurance would cost several hundred dollars more. Since the cruise line had my deposit for four rooms, I regrettably paid the extra hundreds. This year when the final payment of over $15,000.00 was due - in May - CRUISES.COM COULD NOT ASSURE me the cruise line would guarantee a safe sailing for (family of ten- all ages) with Covid practices in place - like all crew and passengers were vaccinated.

(Our family was vaccinated, however, At that time, we were not sure our teenagers could get vaccinated). Instead of paying the $15,000 I opted to cancel. Cruises.com would not refund any of my insurance or petition to get my deposit money back from the cruise line - I was out over $2500. What good is insurance from cruises.com. I would be careful booking with them or any third party - go directly to the cruise line!!!

Original review: June 20, 2020

In the middle of COVID with a cruise that the cruise line has now canceled, we canceled our cruise and was charged $100 x 8 people for canceling. On top of that I have been requesting my refundable insurance refund for over four months. We have booked several cruises through them but I will never book again.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I booked a cruise through Cruises.com back in April, but due to recent events we decided to cancel. They charge a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR cancellation fee on top of the initial $25 being non-refundable. This was not clearly stated in the information I was given during the booking process on their website. They are scamming people out of money by charging ridiculous fees that will overwhelm any potential savings you would've gotten through their rates.

Cruises.com Company Information