1.44/5
Based on 62 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

69 Cruises.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

My cruise was canx by Carnival Cruise Line and Cruise.com charged me $100 canx. fee. I have never been charged a canx fee before when the company canx. Do not use this company. Took thru the cruise line directly. Tell all your friends about this company. Terrible company.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

I booked two cabins on Princess with a small out-of pocket fee. The booking agent "disappeared" after the booking and never returned my calls. I asked for Customer service, and they do not have one. Circumstances dictated that I had to cancel. They charge $ 100.00 PER cabin which the agent never disclosed. No one owns the process. There are several reputable booking sites. DO NOT USE Cruises.com.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I booked my cruise well in advance of sail date then life happens and I have to cancel my cruise. When I booked I paid $24.95, and when I called to cancel I was informed that I would have to pay a penalty of $100.00! WHAT, you already get to keep my $24.95 and have 4 months notice! This is a crooked company! My 1st and last time I will book through this company! Make sure you are able to go on the cruise so you wont get cheated out of your money!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I have booked two cruises from them and both times they messed it up and charged for items they should have not. Please don't trust Cruises.com. They told you one thing to close the sale and them if you have any situation they will said the opposite. It's always a better option to go through the Cruise company, you will have more rights in case you want to do any claim.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

My husband made a reservation with Cruises.com for an 8 day Eastern Caribbean cruise in September 2019, leaving out of Charleston SC. When he went to check his email a couple hours later, he found out that we had been booked on an incorrect cruise. They booked us on a 5 day cruise on April 14, 2019, not the 8 day one in September. When he called the company, they wanted to rebook us on the correct cruise. At this point, we did not trust them to handle this cruise for us. So he asked them to cancel it. He was then told we would be charged $100 cancellation fee even though the error was their fault and we had just booked it 5 hours earlier!

After speaking to the representative for 20 minutes, he requested to speak to her supervisor. She told him the same thing, that it was their policy and that the $100 fee was automatically computer generated upon cancellation. After telling her he had been in retail sales for 20 years, and that he was certain this fee could easily be waived. At that point she said she would speak to someone who could help with this. Within minutes, the $100 fee was waived. But we were now told the $25 processing fee would still be charged to our card. At this point my husband was so frustrated he just said "fine" and hung up! PLEASE DO NOT USE CRUISES.COM AND DEAL DIRECTLY WITH THE CRUISE LINE!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

Don’t make any attempt to cancel or change your cruise plans through this company. BETTER YET, DO NOT USE THEM FOR ANY OF YOUR VACATION PLANS. They almost gave me a heart attack. They lied to me and charged my credit card fraudulently. I canceled the cruise I purchased and this company told me that Royal Caribbean was keeping a portion of my deposit. I called Royal Caribbean and they know nothing about this nonrefundable deposit. After canceling, they charged me another $100 on top of the $524.95 they kept to themselves because my plans changed. It’s only Sept 1, 2018 and this cruise is not until January 21, 2019. Folks, pay a little bit more and shop around. Make sure NOT to consider these snakes!!!

Original review: July 22, 2018

I sail in week and already there is a problem that apparently is my fault. I booked an Aurea experience and I was very specific that I wanted a room with bunk beds. We are 2 adults and 2 children 8 and 11 that don't like sleeping together. I find out a week before that the room that I was booked in has a sleeper sofa that does not convert and they will have to share. I had someone from customer service actually tell me to separate the two beds and let the kids sleep there while the parents take the sofa. Not happening! Paid too much to sleep on a sofa for a week with a bad back.

Then customer service of course defending themselves that there was nothing they can do. They could upgrade me but of course since it's my fault I would have to pay. Agent actually arguing with me about how other cruise companies don't accommodate what I need. Yeah right, not my first cruise and I have never had this problem before until now. Kids have never had to sleep together. Not happy with your service, booked under false pretenses, never using Cruises.com again.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I have noticed with at least 4 cruise companies I deal with (Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity & Royal Caribbean) that they advertise free perks such as gratuities, dining and drink packages on their websites and cruise companies do the same but for an example I have been looking at a cruise. All websites have the balcony room at $2879 including 2 "free perks" and whatever the individual perks they are giving extra. Two sites offer the same cruise for the $2879 with the 2 "free perks" but offer the same category and the same room (I have went through booking procedure online both ways same site) if you book it either way without the 2 "free perks" for $2029, how are the perks "free"? My last cruise I booked I booked it at lower price without perks $450 difference.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Spent 35+ days trying to get reimbursed from NSF fees on my account after 3 different associates were not aware of their own company's procedures!!! When you preauthorize a hold on an account and your "hold" is for the entire $400 transaction in 2 payments wouldn't common sense prevail and tell you to RELEASE the hold BEFORE you process the same identical transaction??? Then the idiot processes the $400 payment transaction and RELEASES THE HOLD the day after... Therefore charging me $800 opposed to the contracted $400.00!!! All the hassle our family has went thru for a "no deposit down" deal WAS NOT WORTH IT!!! Hire reps that know their job, know how to read the computer system to indicate PROPERLY when a hold should be released... Never again. I'll just keep booking thru the original cruise line. Thanks but no thanks.

Original review: April 7, 2018

My wife and I booked a cruise thru Jill ** and Associates who are a franchise of CruiseOne and local. At the time of booking the agent agreed to match another travel agencies promotion of $250 in onboard credit. This is on top of whatever NCL promotions were. Now we are 7 days out from sailing. They only issued $100 of the $250 and are saying they are only giving us $125. He is stating that is all it ever was and I have documented proof that it was $250 from the travel agent above what NCL was offering, total. Using that as their excuse. $150 would be the total from CruiseOne.

Today the agent first said oh it is $175, then when I did the math for him, he said, oh yeah, $125. That doesn't even match any amount anywhere. A run around for weeks, still only $100 from CruiseOne on the account, which again doesn't even match. They know what the other agency offers, they know their competition and the change the game when they know you can't cancel because of the cruise line penalties. Buyer beware.

Original review: March 13, 2018

In November 2017 I purchased a cruise package with Cruises.com (a Black Friday special). At the time of purchase I was told that I would receive a $100 on board credit. Today, I called to verify that everything was correct with my reservation and found that I only have a $25 on board credit. I spoke with a customer service representative that was very unhelpful and kept going back and forth with her manager. After being placed on hold over and over she came back to the phone and told me that her manager said there was nothing she could do to help me, so I requested to speak with the manager. The manager then proceeded to tell me that what I was told was a verbal agreement and they did not have to honor it. This is my second and last cruise I will ever book with this company. If you acknowledge that you made a verbal commitment you should honor it. Don't trust this company!

Original review: March 10, 2018

You can leave disappointed if you buy your cruise package on their website. After buying my cruise online, the company did not want to honor the prepaid gratuities that they offered. (Not even when it was posted on my original invoice). I immediately canceled my contract with them and got my cruise package directly with the cruise line.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was looking to book the Freedom of the Seas on May 26, 2018 since they had what appeared to be a great offer with free gratuities and a $75 OBC. Since we are Diamond + C & A members, I requested the additional discount in fare that comes with our level of membership. Their rep answered that the price given was extraordinarily low and could not offer the Free Gratuities at our Balcony Category although after I went through the online booking procedure it appeared as a qualifying Category.

So I guess I will desist but will request that the State Attorney General's Office and the FTC take a look at their offerings to determine if they are just Bait and Catch or Fraudulent practices. Last summer I was also going to book a Transatlantic and the lady rep told me that if she gave me the Free Gratuities, the company would not make any money. So they seem to place flashy promotions and then inform you that they do not qualify for the Category booked. Beware of these practices.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Three families traveling together booked three cabins on Royal through Cruise.com. We were all told separately that if the rate dropped by the date of sailing, we could renegotiate and either get a credit, refund or upgrade. Rates dropped and now we're told we get nothing because we all made final payment. I called one time, was told they couldn't do anything. Called another agent, she said we were not beyond final payment and to check back in two days when prices will get better. Called back and spoke to agent #3 and she said we would get a refund, no upgrade, no credit. Sent me an email of a new invoice showing the refund. Two days later, no refund. Instead, I get a voicemail from yet another agent that Royal will not issue the refund.

Called them back AGAIN, and after 45 minutes on hold, the agent stated Royal finally agreed to give me the refund. But nothing for the other two families. Of course Cruise.com denies they told all the families we could make changes up until the date of sailing. But for Royal to issue one refund to one family and not the other two is just not fair. I will never use Cruise.com again. In all the years of cruising, never had any difficulties. This is a first and it's a doozy. Called Royal and they said to deal w/ Cruise.com. Pass the buck and don't take ownership of the problem. Both are the problem. No longer loyal to Royal.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I found a great price for my vacation $617 for 10 days. Gratuities included. Booked my trip with Cruises.com. Everything they said was correct and had the time of my life. Friendly service. I will be back.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We were told when we booked a cruise through Cruises.com that we would get double onboard credit and free gratuities, and $50 credit for any others that booked through Cruises.com. All lies. Once we paid and got our confirmation we were informed that the free gratuities was only if we booked a balcony or suite, and the $50 credits for the two couples we talked into going with us through Cruises.com was not applicable because they could not travel on the same cruise as us. They had always before gone through a different company and are very upset that what they thought they were paying for was not happening.

Today I found out that the small print says that you have to fill out forms 21 days before the cruise to get your double onboard credit. They told us that we could prepay gratuities today because the price per person was going up Jan. 1, so to save just $14, we did that. Then, when that was done, we get a phone call saying that now they are charging us $20 more for the insurance since we added $$180 to the price of our cruise. Sooo, it cost us $6 more to prepay than it would have cost to wait. Just another example of unscrupulous practices! Never again!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise with cruises.com, THEN read the reviews. I confirmed with cruises.com that the room credit and prepaid gratuities were going to be applied. They were. Had a great cruise at a great price!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Called Cyber Sunday at Cruises.com and spoke with agent Ron, **. I was given a price with which I was completely satisfied. I informed Ron that I would confirm the availability of a dog sitter and call the next day to book. He sent me a confirmation email. It took me eight phone attempts but I eventually got thru. I was informed that the price had gone up $300. In 16 hrs. Needless to say I stated that’s not how I do business. It was to be our 50th anniversary present and first cruise. I honestly believe that this was Cruises only way of recouping their generous onboard credits, spa add in and free gratuities. Very shady.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have been surfing for a cruise in Norway for the past 2 months on Cruises.com. I kept seeing a great deal on Cruises.com aboard the cruise line Hurtigruten for $717 per person inside cabin and $792 for ocean view (12 days). Since I used the site before, we trusted their prices as we booked with cruise.com before, and decided to book the cruise. We booked and paid for a flight to Norway and hotel in Norway, and logged in to cruise.com to pay for our choice of ocean view cabin for $792 per person for 12 days round trip Bergen-Kirkenes-Bergen embarking on Nov/28/2017.

We completed all the personal info such as passport numbers, DOB and all the necessary imformation, and received a summation pay page of $1583 (2 adults at $792 per person) we entered our credit card information and received a note that an agent will contact us and our booking was not confirmed. We called Cruises.com and the agent put us on hold and called the cruise line. She came back and informed us that cruise.com did not update the prices and the actual price is $1674 per person - more than double the advertised price!!!

We complained and claimed that they should stand behind what they are advertising and not mislead, bait and switch to attract customers! I spoke to a representative name Linet, a manager name "Aubrey" who was very rude and hanged up the phone, claiming it was not the company's fault, a manager name "Cece **" and a customer relations manager name "Georg **". All three apologized for the mistake but refused to honor the advertised price and took no responsibility whatsoever. They blamed the cruise line. I called the cruise line and spoke with a manager, and the supervisor for US booking and they clearly informed me that the entire responsibility and blame is on Cruises.com since they have to daily update the rates. I asked for legal advice and was informed Cruises.com is in fault here and that is a classic case of illegal bait and switch.

I do insist that Cruises.com will honor the advertised prices. I paid already for airline tickets and hotel, and now can't book the cruise since the actual prices are doubled what was advertised. I asked for compensation or a discount for another future cruise and was flat out refused! I'm all hope you can assist me with this. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Was lied to about accuracy of booking. Dinner accommodations preferences were opposite of what was specified. Asked to change it and the rep said it was taken care of. A follow up with Holland America got me another young snoot that raised her voice to me when I asked what can be done about the fact that they say no changes were made. Bottom line, I will never sail with Holland again and I will warn you if you are a detail oriented experienced cruiser (or not) you will be in for a real disappointment and spend your off hours at home and on the ship trying to correct the lack of Attention to your requests and specifications. If you like to roll over and take this terrible service, you have been warned. Best bet is to deal with cruise lines direct and bypass the hipsters and salespeople in need of attention deficit medicine.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

This Hurricane Irma has really screwed a lot of people up. But this company takes the cake. You book your cruise. Their agent messes it completely up. You call back and discover that she booked 2 rooms with 2 reservations instead of 1 room, 1 reservation. We get that straightened out. We get a better person to deal with. She fixes the other girl's mess. We end up getting a better cabin. OK, fine.

Now on to this Hurricane... I flee the weekend before. They (the cruise line) wait until the day before sailing to cancel. Talk about short notice. I get home and call the cruise line. They say I am getting a refund on my cruise and all excursions. Um ya! Just got off phone with them. They don't have my "fare". Royal does. Royal told me because I booked thru these people they have my "fare". Royal has stood by their word so far with everything else. Let's see what else these people pull. Oh, I asked to speak to a manager. HA. They hide and won't talk to the customers. Do they really exist? Needless to say I will NEVER book thru them again. Fool me once, shame on me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The WORST customer service and travel agency in the planet. We bought a cruise with this company and the agent cannot execute the only job she is supposed to: organize a vacation. We bought a cruise and wanted to do 2 tours after the cruise, one of them was the most important and longest tour. So, she booked the 2 tours, the longest one (9:30 hours) for the day we arrived at the port, starting time: 30 minutes BEFORE arrival time! We ended up missing this tour and paying for it AGAIN to do it with another company. Both tours, on their details had transportation included, but once we received the voucher, no transportation.

Called Cruises.com many and many times after realized what kind of mistake she had done just to wait for almost 2 hours and get "disconnected". Once we arrived at the hotel she booked for the days after the cruise (we were supposed to stay 3 after the cruise). The staff told us that we had to pay for the "extra" day that we were staying because the agent booked the room for A DAY BEFORE our arrival at the port. When you call the main number to buy a vacation, you will be answered immediately, but when you need assistance AFTER you bought your package and PAID FOR, it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach anybody. In more than 30 years travelling around the world, I've never seeing anything like it. This was supposed to be the best family vacation before my son joins the Air Force, but we spent more time on the phone trying to fix this agency’s mistake.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

My husband and I cruise frequently, living in South Florida it's easy. I made the unfortunate mistake of not paying attention to the company I was booking through for our most recent cruise with Holland America. Normally we booked through cruisesonly.com, an excellent and outstanding company… The best! This time, for whatever reason I ended up on the website for Cruises.com… I found a great cruise and booked it, without giving a lot of thought to the third-party vendor.

Let me save you some trouble… Never, ever book a cruise with this company. They are by far the worst Cruise company in existence! Each interactions with them has been Colindas… I tried one point to get away from them and was told if I attempted to cancel They would keep all the money I had spent to date paying for the cruise! So rather than hire an attorney and fight this nightmare company, we finished paying for our cruise which we will take in November but I wanted to warn everyone out there be very careful who you book your cruise through and buy any and all means avoid this horrible company!!!

Original review: June 15, 2017

I booked a cruise through Cruises.com (accidentally as they misrepresented themselves as Royal Caribbean). I was very clear on what I wanted and did not want and they added the travel protection insurance without my consent. When I noticed it, I asked for a refund and they refused. I had supporting paperwork backing me up (I even asked them to review the phone recordings to listen to what I said) but they refused to refund the $483.98 they fraudulently charged me. I have been disputing for over a year. First they would not speak with me and then I was finally able to speak with someone (Junior **). He was patronizing and not willing to look at the "evidence". Terrible business practices!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Cruises.com is not concerned with professionalism or doing honest business. Much of the time they do not answer the line, do not return calls or emails regarding reservations! Near impossible to get a hold of. Maddening when you've entrusted them with your money to take care of your pricey cruise. As for Susan, I've seen other negative reviews about her. She is horribly rude, belligerent, and flippant. She made mistakes with my reservation as well as promises that she did not keep, just to swindle me out of my hard earned money towards her commission. She was cocky enough to blame everybody else but herself for her ineptness, errors, and deceitfulness. When I spoke to another agent to file a grievance, she had a similar attitude and was dismissive, not interested in improving their customer service. Do NOT trust Susan or Cruises.com!

Original review: May 8, 2017

I booked with Cruises.com because they said that there would be no deposit required. When they asked for $25, I should have known that something was up. When I booked, I was told that there was no fee to cancel if I cancelled at least 60 days before my trip. That was a lie. The $25 is nonrefundable plus they charge a $100 cancellation fee. I discovered this less than over 6 months before my trip when I called. They told me to look at my invoice at the very bottom. It had the information that I was told, but this time I was told that that was for Carnival. Cruises.com had their own cancellation policy which was written underneath the Carnival policy.

This is misleading. If you read the Carnival policy and I believe Cruises.com purposely does this. They scam people into paying an unnecessary fee or force them to keep their booking. Of course none of this comes to your attention until after you have booked or you have read a review like mine. So since, I can't get my refund without having to pay an absurd fee, I am writing this review to keep you from making the same mistake. Reading other reviews, I'm sure the perks they promise is a scam too. Don't trust these people. They just want your money and to take advantage of you.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I booked cruises for me and my in-laws a year in advance. My in-laws are in their 80's. Told the girl Ali that they may have to cancel due to their age. I called Ali on 04-19-2017 to cancel that part. They have gotten sick and just wanted to cancel. We did it in plenty of time. Now they tell me it's a 100.00 fee to cancel. I was not told this at any time. Carnival cruises does not charge this fee. It cruises only. I will never book another trip with this company. I then tried to cancel with their credit card and they want except that. I am in charge of this since their age limits their ability to do so.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I wish I had read all of the bad reviews before booking with Cruises.com. They tell you one thing and then act like they never said it. We booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean. Great cruise, no problem there. Cruises.com offered a $25 refund when we asked if they gave any perks. We were told by Nicole ** that the check would be sent to us after we returned from sailing. We waited two weeks and no check. We called but don't bother to leave a message as they don't return calls. We called again and were told we had to fill out a form to get our $25. At this point it is the principal so we went to the trouble of filling out their form. Four weeks later we called again and left a message. No return call.

When we finally reached Nicole she told us we weren't entitled to the money because we hadn't spent anything on board. That was not mentioned earlier and I told her the reason we didn't spend any money was because we were entitled to so many perks since we were diamond members. She offered $25 on another booking, but we definitely won't book with them again. They aren't trustworthy, find another place to book.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Booking with Cruises.com seems to be Scary - Very Scared! After reading their awful reviews and then trying to cancel after being on hold for 45 minutes only to find out that it will cost me $100. :-( When you book with them they'll verbally say one thing and do another (READ THE SMALL PRINT EVERY LINE). I can now only PRAY that everything goes well on this trip which is my 40 Wedding Anniversary Renewal Vow Ceremony. I'LL NEVER book with them again!

Original review: March 23, 2017

Booking with Cruises.com seems to be a disaster. When you book with them they'll verbally say one thing and log another. I was told if I book multiple rooms & then the cabin that I need comes available I'll have no problem. Now that they have what I need they want to charge a fee. I'll NEVER book 6 cabins again with them better yet no cabins.

Cruises.com Company Information