2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

3.8/5 (74 ratings)

About Cruises.com

Cruises.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: July 29, 2021

Updated on 08/03/2021: Update: A supervisor, Tiana from Cruises.com, just called me in response to my previous post. She wanted to tell me, yet again, why they were not going to keep their promises in advertising. She stated that it was "understandably confusing" but they weren't willing to be fair and make it right for the customer in any way. How, as a business, can you admit to being wrong but unwilling to correct your mistake? You won't stay in business very long that way. Again, buyer beware and do not buy from this dishonest company!

Original review: I booked my cruise in April on the Meraviglia for Nov. 6, 2021. I went through Cruises.com because they included on board credit, the Easy package and wifi for free with my booking. When I made my final payment today, it was paid in full and I got the confirmation. They called me 5 hours later and left a voice mail saying I still owed for the extra perks I ordered. (I never ordered them, they came with the booking) Over $800 for wifi and the drink package for 2 people. After over 2 hours on hold waiting for MSC, (still don't know why they called them), and multiple untruths told by Cruises, I got nowhere. Be very aware when you book and make sure to print out what they promise. This will be my first and last cruise with MSC and I will never use Cruises.com again.

Original review: June 26, 2021

I booked a cruise with Cruises.com in 2019 for a 2020 cruise. Covid happened, then CRUISES.COM, said I could rebook but again but now the insurance would cost several hundred dollars more. Since the cruise line had my deposit for four rooms, I regrettably paid the extra hundreds. This year when the final payment of over $15,000.00 was due - in May - CRUISES.COM COULD NOT ASSURE me the cruise line would guarantee a safe sailing for (family of ten- all ages) with Covid practices in place - like all crew and passengers were vaccinated.

(Our family was vaccinated, however, At that time, we were not sure our teenagers could get vaccinated). Instead of paying the $15,000 I opted to cancel. Cruises.com would not refund any of my insurance or petition to get my deposit money back from the cruise line - I was out over $2500. What good is insurance from cruises.com. I would be careful booking with them or any third party - go directly to the cruise line!!!

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 20, 2020

In the middle of COVID with a cruise that the cruise line has now canceled, we canceled our cruise and was charged $100 x 8 people for canceling. On top of that I have been requesting my refundable insurance refund for over four months. We have booked several cruises through them but I will never book again.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I booked a cruise through Cruises.com back in April, but due to recent events we decided to cancel. They charge a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR cancellation fee on top of the initial $25 being non-refundable. This was not clearly stated in the information I was given during the booking process on their website. They are scamming people out of money by charging ridiculous fees that will overwhelm any potential savings you would've gotten through their rates.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Don’t do any business with this shady company. Booked a cruise November 2019 for September 2020. Cruise was naturally cancelled. Neither Princess or Cruises.com will give me back my full credit on my credit card. Looks like I’ll only get future cruise credit on the deposit I made in November 2019. Not a good look for either company at a time when people need their money back and not future cruise credit to be taken within year them canceling.

Original review: May 16, 2020

This is my second cruise I have tried to acquire through Cruises.com. The first cruise was cancelled by the cruise line due to Covid19. Cruises.com TOOK $100.00 from my cc to cancel the cruise, even though the cruise was cancelled by the cruise line. My second cruise I cancelled today before final payment, I cancelled, again due to Covid 19. And being a senior, not in my best interest at this time. Cruises.com told me my deposit was non refundable, ($250) even though the virus is still a major problem for seniors. PLUS THEY WANT ANOTHER $100.00 FOR CANCELLING. This company is a scam. I will never use them again, I'm only happy I did NOT pay final payment. Don't think I would get any satisfaction of getting a refund. All I say is BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Paid in full cruise tour to Alaska was canceled by Princess due to Covid19. No fault of mine. Cruises.com says they will not refund my paid amt for trip insurance. $358 wasted. Beware. Find another agent.

Original review: March 20, 2020

They charge $100 per reservation for cancellation even though this coronavirus is out here. One lady have the nerve to hang up on me when I ask why. I waited 1 hour and 34 minutes to get assistant. I can't believe this.

Original review: March 9, 2020

This company charges unnecessary fees for doing nothing. A $24.99 fee to book. A $100 fee to cancel even when COVID-19 is causing the cancellation. Thankfully I got trip insurance from a 3rd party so I'll get the money back, but it's principal. They literally did nothing for me to justify the fees. Did I mention the long waits to get service? You are better off booking yourself than throwing money at a do nothing company.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Before booking the trip, we asked several times what was the cancellation procedure. We were told specifically if we cancel before 121 days from day of embarkation, we would get 100% and would decrease as it gets closer to the date of travel. At the time of booking we paid a processing fee of $24.99. We were told that we would have to pay a $50 deposit by Feb 14 for each travel person (total of $150). Balance due was originally mid March but for some reason was changed to Feb 28th. Because we were traveling with 5 yr old child and with the Coronavirus scare/concern, we decided we should just cancel.

We called Cruses.com on Feb 27, to cancel and was told there were a $100 cancellation fee. We argued that we were never told about a cancellation fee and that we asked multiple times. The customer service rep then tells us that the cancellation fees are listed on their invoice. My argument is that the traveling party does not get or see the invoice until after the reservation is made. At this point anyone making a reservation is committed to giving Cruises.com $100 per reservation. My question is how does one know about the cancellation fee if it's only available AFTER you have committed and made the reservation.

There were several other issues prior to the phone call on Feb 27 but we just accepted them and kept calling the correct them. Their practices are not in line with being transparent and I am sure I am not the only individual who has lost money in this manner. During the call, I suggested they pull the recorded line to hear the many times we questioned the cancellation policy and refunded amount.

Cruises.com Company Information