1.54/5
Based on 50 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Cruises.com

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 29, 2018

57 Cruises.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I was looking to book the Freedom of the Seas on May 26, 2018 since they had what appeared to be a great offer with free gratuities and a $75 OBC. Since we are Diamond + C & A members, I requested the additional discount in fare that comes with our level of membership. Their rep answered that the price given was extraordinarily low and could not offer the Free Gratuities at our Balcony Category although after I went through the online booking procedure it appeared as a qualifying Category.

So I guess I will desist but will request that the State Attorney General's Office and the FTC take a look at their offerings to determine if they are just Bait and Catch or Fraudulent practices. Last summer I was also going to book a Transatlantic and the lady rep told me that if she gave me the Free Gratuities, the company would not make any money. So they seem to place flashy promotions and then inform you that they do not qualify for the Category booked. Beware of these practices.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Three families traveling together booked three cabins on Royal through Cruise.com. We were all told separately that if the rate dropped by the date of sailing, we could renegotiate and either get a credit, refund or upgrade. Rates dropped and now we're told we get nothing because we all made final payment. I called one time, was told they couldn't do anything. Called another agent, she said we were not beyond final payment and to check back in two days when prices will get better. Called back and spoke to agent #3 and she said we would get a refund, no upgrade, no credit. Sent me an email of a new invoice showing the refund. Two days later, no refund. Instead, I get a voicemail from yet another agent that Royal will not issue the refund.

Called them back AGAIN, and after 45 minutes on hold, the agent stated Royal finally agreed to give me the refund. But nothing for the other two families. Of course Cruise.com denies they told all the families we could make changes up until the date of sailing. But for Royal to issue one refund to one family and not the other two is just not fair. I will never use Cruise.com again. In all the years of cruising, never had any difficulties. This is a first and it's a doozy. Called Royal and they said to deal w/ Cruise.com. Pass the buck and don't take ownership of the problem. Both are the problem. No longer loyal to Royal.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I found a great price for my vacation $617 for 10 days. Gratuities included. Booked my trip with Cruises.com. Everything they said was correct and had the time of my life. Friendly service. I will be back.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

We were told when we booked a cruise through Cruises.com that we would get double onboard credit and free gratuities, and $50 credit for any others that booked through Cruises.com. All lies. Once we paid and got our confirmation we were informed that the free gratuities was only if we booked a balcony or suite, and the $50 credits for the two couples we talked into going with us through Cruises.com was not applicable because they could not travel on the same cruise as us. They had always before gone through a different company and are very upset that what they thought they were paying for was not happening.

Today I found out that the small print says that you have to fill out forms 21 days before the cruise to get your double onboard credit. They told us that we could prepay gratuities today because the price per person was going up Jan. 1, so to save just $14, we did that. Then, when that was done, we get a phone call saying that now they are charging us $20 more for the insurance since we added $$180 to the price of our cruise. Sooo, it cost us $6 more to prepay than it would have cost to wait. Just another example of unscrupulous practices! Never again!

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

I booked a Royal Caribbean cruise with cruises.com, THEN read the reviews. I confirmed with cruises.com that the room credit and prepaid gratuities were going to be applied. They were. Had a great cruise at a great price!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

Called Cyber Sunday at Cruises.com and spoke with agent Ron, **. I was given a price with which I was completely satisfied. I informed Ron that I would confirm the availability of a dog sitter and call the next day to book. He sent me a confirmation email. It took me eight phone attempts but I eventually got thru. I was informed that the price had gone up $300. In 16 hrs. Needless to say I stated that’s not how I do business. It was to be our 50th anniversary present and first cruise. I honestly believe that this was Cruises only way of recouping their generous onboard credits, spa add in and free gratuities. Very shady.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

I have been surfing for a cruise in Norway for the past 2 months on Cruises.com. I kept seeing a great deal on Cruises.com aboard the cruise line Hurtigruten for $717 per person inside cabin and $792 for ocean view (12 days). Since I used the site before, we trusted their prices as we booked with cruise.com before, and decided to book the cruise. We booked and paid for a flight to Norway and hotel in Norway, and logged in to cruise.com to pay for our choice of ocean view cabin for $792 per person for 12 days round trip Bergen-Kirkenes-Bergen embarking on Nov/28/2017.

We completed all the personal info such as passport numbers, DOB and all the necessary imformation, and received a summation pay page of $1583 (2 adults at $792 per person) we entered our credit card information and received a note that an agent will contact us and our booking was not confirmed. We called Cruises.com and the agent put us on hold and called the cruise line. She came back and informed us that cruise.com did not update the prices and the actual price is $1674 per person - more than double the advertised price!!!

We complained and claimed that they should stand behind what they are advertising and not mislead, bait and switch to attract customers! I spoke to a representative name Linet, a manager name "Aubrey" who was very rude and hanged up the phone, claiming it was not the company's fault, a manager name "Cece **" and a customer relations manager name "Georg **". All three apologized for the mistake but refused to honor the advertised price and took no responsibility whatsoever. They blamed the cruise line. I called the cruise line and spoke with a manager, and the supervisor for US booking and they clearly informed me that the entire responsibility and blame is on Cruises.com since they have to daily update the rates. I asked for legal advice and was informed Cruises.com is in fault here and that is a classic case of illegal bait and switch.

I do insist that Cruises.com will honor the advertised prices. I paid already for airline tickets and hotel, and now can't book the cruise since the actual prices are doubled what was advertised. I asked for compensation or a discount for another future cruise and was flat out refused! I'm all hope you can assist me with this. Thank you.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Was lied to about accuracy of booking. Dinner accommodations preferences were opposite of what was specified. Asked to change it and the rep said it was taken care of. A follow up with Holland America got me another young snoot that raised her voice to me when I asked what can be done about the fact that they say no changes were made. Bottom line, I will never sail with Holland again and I will warn you if you are a detail oriented experienced cruiser (or not) you will be in for a real disappointment and spend your off hours at home and on the ship trying to correct the lack of Attention to your requests and specifications. If you like to roll over and take this terrible service, you have been warned. Best bet is to deal with cruise lines direct and bypass the hipsters and salespeople in need of attention deficit medicine.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2017

This Hurricane Irma has really screwed a lot of people up. But this company takes the cake. You book your cruise. Their agent messes it completely up. You call back and discover that she booked 2 rooms with 2 reservations instead of 1 room, 1 reservation. We get that straightened out. We get a better person to deal with. She fixes the other girl's mess. We end up getting a better cabin. OK, fine.

Now on to this Hurricane... I flee the weekend before. They (the cruise line) wait until the day before sailing to cancel. Talk about short notice. I get home and call the cruise line. They say I am getting a refund on my cruise and all excursions. Um ya! Just got off phone with them. They don't have my "fare". Royal does. Royal told me because I booked thru these people they have my "fare". Royal has stood by their word so far with everything else. Let's see what else these people pull. Oh, I asked to speak to a manager. HA. They hide and won't talk to the customers. Do they really exist? Needless to say I will NEVER book thru them again. Fool me once, shame on me.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

The WORST customer service and travel agency in the planet. We bought a cruise with this company and the agent cannot execute the only job she is supposed to: organize a vacation. We bought a cruise and wanted to do 2 tours after the cruise, one of them was the most important and longest tour. So, she booked the 2 tours, the longest one (9:30 hours) for the day we arrived at the port, starting time: 30 minutes BEFORE arrival time! We ended up missing this tour and paying for it AGAIN to do it with another company. Both tours, on their details had transportation included, but once we received the voucher, no transportation.

Called Cruises.com many and many times after realized what kind of mistake she had done just to wait for almost 2 hours and get "disconnected". Once we arrived at the hotel she booked for the days after the cruise (we were supposed to stay 3 after the cruise). The staff told us that we had to pay for the "extra" day that we were staying because the agent booked the room for A DAY BEFORE our arrival at the port. When you call the main number to buy a vacation, you will be answered immediately, but when you need assistance AFTER you bought your package and PAID FOR, it is IMPOSSIBLE to reach anybody. In more than 30 years travelling around the world, I've never seeing anything like it. This was supposed to be the best family vacation before my son joins the Air Force, but we spent more time on the phone trying to fix this agency’s mistake.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

My husband and I cruise frequently, living in South Florida it's easy. I made the unfortunate mistake of not paying attention to the company I was booking through for our most recent cruise with Holland America. Normally we booked through cruisesonly.com, an excellent and outstanding company… The best! This time, for whatever reason I ended up on the website for Cruises.com… I found a great cruise and booked it, without giving a lot of thought to the third-party vendor.

Let me save you some trouble… Never, ever book a cruise with this company. They are by far the worst Cruise company in existence! Each interactions with them has been Colindas… I tried one point to get away from them and was told if I attempted to cancel They would keep all the money I had spent to date paying for the cruise! So rather than hire an attorney and fight this nightmare company, we finished paying for our cruise which we will take in November but I wanted to warn everyone out there be very careful who you book your cruise through and buy any and all means avoid this horrible company!!!

Original review: June 15, 2017

I booked a cruise through Cruises.com (accidentally as they misrepresented themselves as Royal Caribbean). I was very clear on what I wanted and did not want and they added the travel protection insurance without my consent. When I noticed it, I asked for a refund and they refused. I had supporting paperwork backing me up (I even asked them to review the phone recordings to listen to what I said) but they refused to refund the $483.98 they fraudulently charged me. I have been disputing for over a year. First they would not speak with me and then I was finally able to speak with someone (Junior **). He was patronizing and not willing to look at the "evidence". Terrible business practices!

Original review: June 13, 2017

Cruises.com is not concerned with professionalism or doing honest business. Much of the time they do not answer the line, do not return calls or emails regarding reservations! Near impossible to get a hold of. Maddening when you've entrusted them with your money to take care of your pricey cruise. As for Susan, I've seen other negative reviews about her. She is horribly rude, belligerent, and flippant. She made mistakes with my reservation as well as promises that she did not keep, just to swindle me out of my hard earned money towards her commission. She was cocky enough to blame everybody else but herself for her ineptness, errors, and deceitfulness. When I spoke to another agent to file a grievance, she had a similar attitude and was dismissive, not interested in improving their customer service. Do NOT trust Susan or Cruises.com!

Original review: May 8, 2017

I booked with Cruises.com because they said that there would be no deposit required. When they asked for $25, I should have known that something was up. When I booked, I was told that there was no fee to cancel if I cancelled at least 60 days before my trip. That was a lie. The $25 is nonrefundable plus they charge a $100 cancellation fee. I discovered this less than over 6 months before my trip when I called. They told me to look at my invoice at the very bottom. It had the information that I was told, but this time I was told that that was for Carnival. Cruises.com had their own cancellation policy which was written underneath the Carnival policy.

This is misleading. If you read the Carnival policy and I believe Cruises.com purposely does this. They scam people into paying an unnecessary fee or force them to keep their booking. Of course none of this comes to your attention until after you have booked or you have read a review like mine. So since, I can't get my refund without having to pay an absurd fee, I am writing this review to keep you from making the same mistake. Reading other reviews, I'm sure the perks they promise is a scam too. Don't trust these people. They just want your money and to take advantage of you.

Original review: April 19, 2017

I booked cruises for me and my in-laws a year in advance. My in-laws are in their 80's. Told the girl Ali that they may have to cancel due to their age. I called Ali on 04-19-2017 to cancel that part. They have gotten sick and just wanted to cancel. We did it in plenty of time. Now they tell me it's a 100.00 fee to cancel. I was not told this at any time. Carnival cruises does not charge this fee. It cruises only. I will never book another trip with this company. I then tried to cancel with their credit card and they want except that. I am in charge of this since their age limits their ability to do so.

Original review: April 5, 2017

I wish I had read all of the bad reviews before booking with Cruises.com. They tell you one thing and then act like they never said it. We booked a cruise on Royal Caribbean. Great cruise, no problem there. Cruises.com offered a $25 refund when we asked if they gave any perks. We were told by Nicole ** that the check would be sent to us after we returned from sailing. We waited two weeks and no check. We called but don't bother to leave a message as they don't return calls. We called again and were told we had to fill out a form to get our $25. At this point it is the principal so we went to the trouble of filling out their form. Four weeks later we called again and left a message. No return call.

When we finally reached Nicole she told us we weren't entitled to the money because we hadn't spent anything on board. That was not mentioned earlier and I told her the reason we didn't spend any money was because we were entitled to so many perks since we were diamond members. She offered $25 on another booking, but we definitely won't book with them again. They aren't trustworthy, find another place to book.

Original review: April 5, 2017

Booking with Cruises.com seems to be Scary - Very Scared! After reading their awful reviews and then trying to cancel after being on hold for 45 minutes only to find out that it will cost me $100. :-( When you book with them they'll verbally say one thing and do another (READ THE SMALL PRINT EVERY LINE). I can now only PRAY that everything goes well on this trip which is my 40 Wedding Anniversary Renewal Vow Ceremony. I'LL NEVER book with them again!

Original review: March 23, 2017

Booking with Cruises.com seems to be a disaster. When you book with them they'll verbally say one thing and log another. I was told if I book multiple rooms & then the cabin that I need comes available I'll have no problem. Now that they have what I need they want to charge a fee. I'll NEVER book 6 cabins again with them better yet no cabins.

Original review: March 15, 2017

My whole family booked a cruise with www.cruises.com and I paid my entire cruise off but then decided to upgrade my cabin for $182.56 extra. This left that amount due. I log on to pay it and the website declines the payment but still takes it from my account! After many calls and emailing them my bank statement still no resolve. A week later the guy tells me that we should try the payment again, so I do and it declines again but takes the money. www.cruises.com says that Carnival has the money, my bank tells me that Cruises.com has the money and Carnival won't speak to me because I didn't book through them.

Carnival does tell me that I have call www.cruises.com and have them release my booking to Carnival. YAY a solution, NO www.cruises.com won't release my booking unless I agree to pay a $100 fee. Really? So now I am hold waiting for a manager for the last 55 minutes and still counting. So let's add this up! $182.56 x 2 plus the $100 fee = 465.12 for exactly NOTHING. Most absurd company I have dealt with in the long time!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2017

Worst mistake ever. Booked a cruise leaving on NCL, a dream vacation for my family. We were promised credit once we were on the ship. I should have read reviews before booking through Cruises.com. My family was expecting this money to be deducted from our bill on the ship so we had no concerns. When the bill arrived the final day, there was no credit. I questioned NCL to be told there was nothing on my account that I needed to contact my travel agent. I have called my agent and asked for a supervisor. I cannot get anyone to speak to me. Returning home from a cruise with over 500 of unexpected charges has caused a big issue with our family. We saved for a long time to only have this trip ruined by crooks.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2017

I booked a cruise with Jae ** in January to cruise on Royal Caribbean Independence Of The Seas. Sailing 2/20/17 -2/25/17 to Labadee and Falmouth. This guy is a con man. Told me we would get $200 per room. I booked 2 rooms. 100.00 from Cruises.com and 100.00 room credit. I told him I did not want travel insurance. He charged me for 158.00 for trip protection and a 24.99 processing fee. I have been on about 10 cruises one from California to Australia over 30 days so this is not my first rodeo. I would not recommend dealing with this company. I asked to speak to a manager. Customer service rep Debra would not allow that.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2016

THIS IS A FORMAL COMPLAINT TOWARDS YOUR COMPANY. ON March 21, 2016. I spoke to Shannon ** (Who is conveniently out of the office this week) to discuss booking a cruise. Due to the fact that I called, I received the NO DEPOSIT package, which I understood as that money was excluded from my final payment. However, on August 1st, I was charged $500 to Cruise.com which apparently was my pay back for the DEPOSIT that Shannon said Cruises.com pays. I believed that this $500 was going toward the final payment to Royal Caribbean. After my invoice said I still owed $1500 after a few days I called Cruises.com again to figure the situation out, and explain why I still owed $1500 when I just made a $555.56 payment.

Ebony (who did not mention her last name when asked) was completely useless and was very rude to me, when I seemed confused. When I demanded to speak to Shannon who originally booked my cruise, after being on hold for 5+ minutes, I was told she was out of the office until Tuesday, august 9th. Finally, after realizing that EBONY COULD NOT HELP ME, and I demanded to speak to her supervisor, it was determined that he read straight from a script that explains the lying process of the NO DEPOSIT package, because it was clear that this must happen to many other unsuspecting clients. WES (who also didn't say his last name) told me he couldnt do anything but transfer my $500 to Royal Carribean and then still pay the same $500 back to them for the ** UP NO DEPOSIT Package.

After 26 minutes of being on hold, being told I was clueless and that everything was listed on my invoice, they kindly asked me for my credit card info, because yes every 21 year old JUST HAS $1500 laying around, $1500 they never agreed to pay. This was TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! Shannon ** COMPLETELY LIED TO ME when explaining the process of the NO DEPOSIT package. Ebony was RUDE when I seemed confused about why I owned $1500 still. Wes, read straight from a script and offered no help to me, except claiming that just "handing out money to the cruise lines, would be a bad business arrangement". This cruise is supposed to be for my honeymoon. And I am thinking of demanding my money back and canceling. I need to speak to someone who is in charge of Wes. I am expecting a callback today. If not, I will continue to work my way up to get the situation dealt with.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2016

I booked a cruise that was advertised as "No Deposit Required" yet they charged my credit card $200. As soon as I noticed it - I called them and they told me They were going to charge me $100 cancellation fee - yet the cruise was booked and cancelled within the hour. And I cancelled because they charged me $200 booking fee - I am so upset - they mislead me and lied and charged my credit card initially $200 - false advertising - then robbed me of $100 to cancel. They are a bunch of crooks and no one should ever book thru them.

Resolution response: July 21, 2016

Cruises.com refunded the $100 cancellation fee that I was not told about without any communication or me asking for it after my initial rejection. That was a very stand up thing to do. For the right deal, and on a cruise with no chance of cancelling, I would still consider using them again.

Original review: June 29, 2016

I booked through Cruises.com to save 75 over the Carnival site. I was concerned we would need to cancel for work reasons when I booked, and very specifically asked about cancellation fees. The lady I booked with said there was no cancellation fee, and only the cruise line cancellation policy would apply, and that the booking fee of $25 was non-refundable which I would lose. So I took her at her word, and placed a higher "refundable" deposit with that assumption.

Today I called to cancel, and the lady I spoke to today mentioned that there is indeed a $100 cancellation fee to Cruises.com, and that it said so on my invoice. Of course, once I went back and checked my invoice, that was indeed the case right below the cruise line cancellation policy. Of course the invoice comes after booking so... Maybe I shouldn't be as shocked as I am, but considering how specific my questions were when I booked I am still extremely disappointed. While they were quite friendly on the phone, blatant lies or really wrong information don't exactly sit well with me.

Original review: May 31, 2016

They lied to me. They offered me onboard credit and they told me when I go into the ship I can have my onboard credit applied to my bill but Royal Caribbean could not verify any credit! When I called Cruises.com, Cruises.com told that they never offered me a credit!?! I was shocked. Buy directly from cruise lines, believe me it will be cheaper. Cruises.com is a scam!! Avoid!! I wish I saw this website sooner.

Original review: March 30, 2016

I booked a cruise with Cruises.com. The person over the phone told me I was getting a 2-bedroom suite, come to find out they booked me in a room with a queen bed and a couch. It was supposed to be me (24-year old), my 16-year old brother and my 56-year old mother. They told us we would lose half the cost of the cruise to cancel it and have to pay to change it. NEVER BOOK WITH THEM, THEY LIE AND SCAM YOU. It ended up being cheaper through Norwegian's website to book it and I would have gotten more perks from the cruise to do it that way.

Original review: March 6, 2016

I booked a family cruise and had a couple of cabins. They charged me a processing fee of $25 and insurance of $117. I had tried for 5 weeks to make a payment on my gift and I was not allowed to because the cabins were in my children's names! When I logged onto our reservations it stated that it was paid in full--only $142 was paid! After calling numerous times there was a note in their system saying I could pay, but I still couldn't pay online and when I called I could only pay on my account!

After 5 weeks of frustration and chasing them around I rebooked my cruise (family gift) thru RCI and was immediately able to make payments on everyone's account, log in their info or get anyone to call me back. I cancelled the trip. It cost me $125 per cabin to cancel - for a total of $500! Norwegian didn't charge a cancellation fee as the trip was 275 days away! Paid $500 for customer UN-Happiness!!! I would recommend that you book elsewhere as the insurance didn't cover cancellation as RCI does...

Original review: Jan. 5, 2016

I made the reservation on 9/11/2015. I paid $196 for the insurance and $124 for the processing fee. On November took another $400 from my credit card. I never got a email, saying that my reservation will be cancelled if I did not pay. No warning whatsoever. I lost in total $720 and no cruise for us. I will never use this company again.

Original review: March 25, 2015

Where do I start!! We booked a cruise February 2014 for April 2015 for 32 passengers. With this said we were promised everything in the world and are having to fight just to get the simplest things. We have yet to even get on the ship and now our agent is all of the sudden gone. I have emailed the manager there and she has since passed me on as well. They will tell you things on the phone however what I have learned is you need to get it in writing because all of the sudden no one has a clue as to what you're talking about. This company has overcharged some passengers, booked some on something called early saver which is the same price but the early savers are just the ones that need to make a change which they say they can charge a fee!! In trying to rectify this problem I was called a liar and given the runaround to say the least.

This has not been a good experience for us at all. Promised a dream and delivered a nightmare. And like I said haven't even set sail and I'm very scared for all of us in our group as they will NOT make it better. Trust me this is only a taste of what we have gone through in the last year and I'm a little nervous posting this before we actually leave. I feel our group will suffer the consequences however I can't recommend this company to anyone.

Original review: March 2, 2015

Booked a cruise online with this company that advertised 'no deposit required' for NCL cruises. (Last day)... It prompted for a credit card, but I did not think anything of it because that would be needed later for charging for the deposit and final payment anyway. Later I learned that I would be charged $500 for the deposit because I had to call in to get the no initial deposit (did not say that on their site anywhere)... Spoke to two customer service persons (no supervisor available) who said they would cancel my cruise but charge me $100.00 to cancel. NEVER again will I use this online company and I will tell anyone who will listen and is willing to read on facebook, etc... that they should not either.

Cruises.com Company Information

www.cruises.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use