3.9/5 (232 ratings)

About Cruises.com

Cruises.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I’ve just had a very good cruise with Carnival and a shameful customer experience with Cruises.com. It was so negative that I’m willing to spend my morning reviewing them on every corner of the internet. We chose a cruise after a long exploration with a customer service agent. He was very nice and we reviewed many options, picked one that gave a $200 on board credit for both cabins we booked. Later only one showed up. When I called to address it they said they would look into it. I never heard back and called again, this time they told me they would review the call and get back to me by Tuesday and if the call did indeed prove that they told me we would be issued this credit, then they would make good on it. I was enthusiastic and very confident that the call review would be.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2022

I booked a cruise with Cruises.com and it turned out to be a nightmare. It started out well but as soon as I paid for the trip they stopped retuning calls to get information on a suite upgrade. I called customer service and got nothing but a run around. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was put on hold and after a full hour of waiting, I gave up. DON'T USE CRUISES.COM.

Get buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2022

I decided to get some assistance booking a cruise for the first time and didn't know what to expect. What I learned is to ALWAYS book with the cruise line directly. I refuse to pay $100 to cancel a cruise that I booked a week ago. These people are supposed to help you not take advantage and that's exactly what they tried to do. Supervisor Tammy was unprofessional although the agent Star was much more pleasant. Their practices are unethical and I would never recommend them to anyone. Their prices are more than the actual cruise line. Lesson learned for not knowing what I was getting myself into.

Original review: July 23, 2022

Cruises.com’s website and booking agent said that cruises.com was covering the cost of the deposit to book a cruise. I booked and when I received my confirmation, it showed that in 3 months I would be billed for the deposit. I called and cancelled since their advertising was inaccurate and misleading. They are just deferring the deposit. They are not paying it. It then cost me $100 to cancel my booking 2 days after I booked the trip. Book directly with the cruise line is my advice.

Original review: June 29, 2022

On November 2, 2021 we booked a cruise on NCL from Barcelona to Venice. We spot 2 hours on the phone confirming details, paid deposit and reserved Travel Insurance. Two days later I reviewed my booking info and total price was about 700.00 more than quoted per my detailed notes. We called back to question and after explaining our concerns we were told rudely that they would have to review the telephone conversation from our original booking call. They were to get back to us. We waited and waited. We did not make any further payments, thinking our reservation was still “under review”. We left a couple more messages.

Finally several weeks later we called back again and were told that they had reviewed the conversation and we were wrong so owed the higher amount. We were still within our dates to cancel for full refund. Therefore, we told them to cancel the reservation. We were asked “Are you sure?” As soon as we replied yes, they cancelled the reservation and THEN told us about the 100.00 cancellation fee AND that our travel insurance (858.00) would also be non-refundable.

We told them that we had been waiting to confirm details of our reservation and that we never committed to the quoted booking price so should not be accountable for those charges. We never received ANY insurance info from them at all after our first conversation so again had no details about an active policy (which they told us had to be cancelled within 10 days of booking). Our booking was never confirmed in our minds since we had been waiting for them to get back to us for so long. So after all was done…. We were out $1000.00. And the icing on the cake: the cruise was actually CANCELLED shortly after due to Covid.

We contacted the California Insurance Commission and were told the cruise insurance policies are regulated under Maritime guidelines so were unable to file a claim against them for us. And of course once they cancelled our reservation, they deleted all booking info so never ever had access to the travel insurance plan. Thinking they pocketed that money. Will never go through them again. Re-booked a trip through NCL directly.

Original review: June 24, 2022

I called to book a cruise for my family of four. I got Ms. Brenda ** on the line I told her I found cruise on Celebrity cruise. I requested that Ms. ** purchase tickets for my husband, two teenage sons, and myself on the Celebrity Equinox. I told her this was our first cruise. My requirement was to have an adjoining cabin preferable with one veranda. One of my sons might suffer from motion-sickness. We need a quiet location, mid-ship. I explained to Ms. Robinson we didn't drink hard alcohol but needed a non-alcohol beverage package and internet service.

Ms. ** totally deceived and misleading me. She books the cabins directly below a casino, one cabin down from plaza, across from galleries, and a restaurant. Beside my cabin is a public restroom, staircase, walkway and elevator. While across from our room is distance is the theater. She didn't explain to me beside our cabin is a bar, shore excursions and the ship administrative services. She then sells me a full alcoholic beverage and basic Wi-Fi.

I spoke to another customer service Ms. ** who guide me to a deck-plan. Ms. ** did not tell me a ship deck plan exist. When I call and spoke to her supervisor Ms. **, she was very disrespectful, pushy, and eventually hung up the phone in my face while I am still speaking. She tries to up-sell comparable cabin in a new location using pressure tactics. Ms. ** adapted a nastiness tone to her voice when addressing me, she practically screams at me because I said No, I was not going to give her access to my credit card. I asked her why she was so angry. She told me she spends a lot of time calling Celerity Cruise line for me, as to say she was doing me a favor and I am a problem. The Impression I get from Ms. ** conversation and communication is I should take the cabin shut up and go away.

This is an all-around horrible experience for me and my family. I have request that the be cruise cancel several time and Ms. ** refused. Please do not used this company. They are fraudulent and take no responsibility, worst they are dishonest, and used predatory sales practices. I will never use Cruises.com.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

I booked a cruise to Mexico for my wife and myself to Mexico on a Feb 20th, 2022 sailing from LA to Mexico. The trip actually starts next week. I booked and paid for my cruise in full on the day it was due. I also included the $399 airfare deal NCL was offering. When I finally got my flight info they had booked me to arrive in LA on Feb 20th at 11am and leave LA to come home on the same day at 3. According to their booking we would arrive at LAX and immediately go to another gate and get back on the plane to come home..the same day. When I told them of the mistake I was literally told the NCL makes the reservations and after booked there can be no changes.

After a couple of weeks it was determined that Cruises.com had omitted a code that caused the problem. I was then called by a cruises.com rep who told me they were getting it straightened out but I would now have to pay an additional $194 to get it corrected. Now I find out that we are not booked for transfers from LAX to the pier to get on the ship and we have to book and pay for that ourselves, too! This company is a joke!! In any other company if this happened and it was their fault they would take care of it...not these people. After the total was paid the service stopped and basically I was told TOO BAD in regard to all the screw ups. I wish I had read their reviews before I booked as I found my experience is in no way unusual...they do this to their customers regularly. If you are lucky enough to see this before you book...don't walk...run from this company! I will never use them again and will actively try to tell anyone I can the same.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

If you want to spend your vacation on hold with Cruises.com. If you don't want a company that's keeps their word and calls back this is not the company for you. They shorted us 300. We have the documents for proof. They don't care and they won't call you back

Original review: Dec. 31, 2021

We booked a cruises on Cruises.com and everything seemed good, until we flew from Arizona to New York and tried to call the transport company to make sure they picked us up early because we had a 9am check in. They never answered their phone so we called NCL and were told we have to go through Cruises.com not NCL. Ok started calling when we landed in New York to figure this out, just wanted to know when they were going to pick us up at our hotel to take us to the port to catch our cruise. That’s when we spent 5.5 hours on the phone to find out the vouchers we were given from Cruises.com are fake and they will not do anything about it.

Let me correct that statement, the supervisor Scott ** 800-288-6006 ex-** will call NCL at 10am to see what they can do, BUT we are scheduled to check in at 9AM that same day, so he will see what he can do after we check in. But we paid for these vouchers and now we will have to sue them just to get the money for the fake vouchers Cruises.com sent us. Yes I did send them a copy of what they sent us and still nothing. We are now on our own to find transportation even when we paid for them. Cruises.com and Scott and everyone we talked to about this fiasco see you in small claims.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2021

A vacation is supposed to be stress relieving. Everything started great. There was a promotion for a Carnival cruise with on board credit and gratuities paid. Our agent was very friendly, we verbally confirmed everything, and paid it in full. A couple of weeks later, we noticed on our email confirmation that there was nothing about the gratuities. So I called my agent Michael back, left 6+ messages, no response. Finally I call another agent, and somehow got my entire cruise canceled. They "eventually" got it reinstated, but we lost the room we were in, lost my early dining option, and my excursions/drink package/wifi were all canceled too. Also in this process, somehow I ended up owing money on a cruise that I had already paid in full.

And that ended up in Carnival not allowing me to print my boarding passes. That part eventually got fixed. But I lost over 10 hours of work time trying to get this all fixed and cruises.com still didn't honor the promise of gratuities paid from their website or the verbal confirmation from their agent (and we confirmed this multiple time with the agent before paying the rate in full). This is false advertisement, purposely misleading information from the agent‽, horrible customer service on fixing "part" of the problems (that they caused), even worse customer service on not living up to their printed statements and verbal statements! I do not recommend Cruises.com for anything!

Cruises.com Company Information