2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

3.8/5 (47 ratings)

About Cruises.com

Cruises.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Easy booking process. Good pricing. Horrible customer support. Fraudulent practices. The credit card was charged a completely different amount from the original invoice. All promises from booking agent to “fix” the mistake came to nothing. 30 days since the booking and a "mistaken" charge, still no refund. These people are frauds. Do business with them at your own risk.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was booking a cruise and their website offered all types of offers including free gratuities but you had to call to book, did that and the price when I called was more than on website by the amount of the gratuities, wasted an entire evening on the phone for nothing. Sticking with booking through AAA.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I booked a cruise for my family on Holland America. I purchased the cruise insurance only to be informed from Holland America that the cruise was canceled due to mechanical failure. I was refunded the money from Holland America and was informed from cruises.com I would not receive a refund for the cruise insurance. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed that the accounting department decided no refund and there was nothing they could do. They have taken money for a service not provided. I would think that would be considered stealing! Stay far away...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

When initially speaking to the agent and being unsure if the girl I was rooming with was definitely coming. The agent told me if she decides not to come there would be no issue moving me into a 3 person room. Never said anything about a cancellation fee, if I was told there would be one I would have never agreed to go forward since the other girl is not reliable. When going to change rooms, I was told I would have to pay a cancellation fee and it would not be waived.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Hard to get accurate information. Agents don't seem to know their stuff very well and it feels like a trap once you've signed up. We noticed a promotion we missed a minute or so after we booked and they said they'd fix it but there were so many half-truths being told and so much we couldn't trust that we wanted to get away as soon as we booked.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I booked my cruise in June, set up automatic payments, they took 450 off my card then cancelled my trip days later with no explanation in the email. When I called in they said I failed to make the final payment. How can that be when I set up automatic payments. Long story short they did the research and found the rep dropped the ball and set my final payment up to be paid online. Keep in mind they charged me 100 for cancellation fee. Do you know I had to argue with these people to get my money back, even after they admitted fault. I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Cruises.com and Royal Caribbean. How shower door made out of glass slamming back and fourth. Told them Royal Caribbean about it. They use luggage tags to hold shower door together. Told agent. No refund from both. Liars. Buyer beware from both.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I booked a cruise but had to cancel two months later. I booked through Cunard. Cunard refunded me my $700. Cruises.com kept my 342$ and charged me an additional 100$. I was given a cancer diagnosis and faced with a long road ahead and unable to travel. I am also faced with all kinds of bills. They stole this money. I tried disputing it with the bank but they fought it, saying it’s in fine print. I have no way to know because they deleted reservation before I could print out documents.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

This company is very deceptive. Promise many things but do not follow thru. Tell you free airfare, tips, etc but then AFTER booking that the info they gave was incorrect and you don't qualify for these things. Terrible customer service. Rude, incompetent people. Would never use this company again. Good news is we had a great cruise on Norwegian Joy. Great ship, beautiful cabin, wonderful service, delicious food. Highly recommend. Will book directly thru cruise line in the future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I will never book with them again. Service sucks, for the most part they are very deceptive about the bookings and prices. They overcharged my group. I should I have known better to deal with them because it’s not my 1st time traveling or cruising. They don’t return calls or go out the way for you.

Cruises.com Company Information