3.9/5 (252 ratings)

About Cruises.com

Cruises.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cruises.com?

Original review: June 26, 2021

I booked a cruise with Cruises.com in 2019 for a 2020 cruise. Covid happened, then CRUISES.COM, said I could rebook but again but now the insurance would cost several hundred dollars more. Since the cruise line had my deposit for four rooms, I regrettably paid the extra hundreds. This year when the final payment of over $15,000.00 was due - in May - CRUISES.COM COULD NOT ASSURE me the cruise line would guarantee a safe sailing for (family of ten- all ages) with Covid practices in place - like all crew and passengers were vaccinated.

(Our family was vaccinated, however, At that time, we were not sure our teenagers could get vaccinated). Instead of paying the $15,000 I opted to cancel. Cruises.com would not refund any of my insurance or petition to get my deposit money back from the cruise line - I was out over $2500. What good is insurance from cruises.com. I would be careful booking with them or any third party - go directly to the cruise line!!!

Original review: June 20, 2020

In the middle of COVID with a cruise that the cruise line has now canceled, we canceled our cruise and was charged $100 x 8 people for canceling. On top of that I have been requesting my refundable insurance refund for over four months. We have booked several cruises through them but I will never book again.

Original review: June 3, 2020

I booked a cruise through Cruises.com back in April, but due to recent events we decided to cancel. They charge a ONE HUNDRED DOLLAR cancellation fee on top of the initial $25 being non-refundable. This was not clearly stated in the information I was given during the booking process on their website. They are scamming people out of money by charging ridiculous fees that will overwhelm any potential savings you would've gotten through their rates.

Original review: May 21, 2020

Don’t do any business with this shady company. Booked a cruise November 2019 for September 2020. Cruise was naturally cancelled. Neither Princess or Cruises.com will give me back my full credit on my credit card. Looks like I’ll only get future cruise credit on the deposit I made in November 2019. Not a good look for either company at a time when people need their money back and not future cruise credit to be taken within year them canceling.

Original review: May 16, 2020

This is my second cruise I have tried to acquire through Cruises.com. The first cruise was cancelled by the cruise line due to Covid19. Cruises.com TOOK $100.00 from my cc to cancel the cruise, even though the cruise was cancelled by the cruise line. My second cruise I cancelled today before final payment, I cancelled, again due to Covid 19. And being a senior, not in my best interest at this time. Cruises.com told me my deposit was non refundable, ($250) even though the virus is still a major problem for seniors. PLUS THEY WANT ANOTHER $100.00 FOR CANCELLING. This company is a scam. I will never use them again, I'm only happy I did NOT pay final payment. Don't think I would get any satisfaction of getting a refund. All I say is BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: April 16, 2020

Paid in full cruise tour to Alaska was canceled by Princess due to Covid19. No fault of mine. Cruises.com says they will not refund my paid amt for trip insurance. $358 wasted. Beware. Find another agent.

Original review: March 20, 2020

They charge $100 per reservation for cancellation even though this coronavirus is out here. One lady have the nerve to hang up on me when I ask why. I waited 1 hour and 34 minutes to get assistant. I can't believe this.

Original review: March 9, 2020

This company charges unnecessary fees for doing nothing. A $24.99 fee to book. A $100 fee to cancel even when COVID-19 is causing the cancellation. Thankfully I got trip insurance from a 3rd party so I'll get the money back, but it's principal. They literally did nothing for me to justify the fees. Did I mention the long waits to get service? You are better off booking yourself than throwing money at a do nothing company.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

Before booking the trip, we asked several times what was the cancellation procedure. We were told specifically if we cancel before 121 days from day of embarkation, we would get 100% and would decrease as it gets closer to the date of travel. At the time of booking we paid a processing fee of $24.99. We were told that we would have to pay a $50 deposit by Feb 14 for each travel person (total of $150). Balance due was originally mid March but for some reason was changed to Feb 28th. Because we were traveling with 5 yr old child and with the Coronavirus scare/concern, we decided we should just cancel.

We called Cruses.com on Feb 27, to cancel and was told there were a $100 cancellation fee. We argued that we were never told about a cancellation fee and that we asked multiple times. The customer service rep then tells us that the cancellation fees are listed on their invoice. My argument is that the traveling party does not get or see the invoice until after the reservation is made. At this point anyone making a reservation is committed to giving Cruises.com $100 per reservation. My question is how does one know about the cancellation fee if it's only available AFTER you have committed and made the reservation.

There were several other issues prior to the phone call on Feb 27 but we just accepted them and kept calling the correct them. Their practices are not in line with being transparent and I am sure I am not the only individual who has lost money in this manner. During the call, I suggested they pull the recorded line to hear the many times we questioned the cancellation policy and refunded amount.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

Easy booking process. Good pricing. Horrible customer support. Fraudulent practices. The credit card was charged a completely different amount from the original invoice. All promises from booking agent to “fix” the mistake came to nothing. 30 days since the booking and a "mistaken" charge, still no refund. These people are frauds. Do business with them at your own risk.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I was booking a cruise and their website offered all types of offers including free gratuities but you had to call to book, did that and the price when I called was more than on website by the amount of the gratuities, wasted an entire evening on the phone for nothing. Sticking with booking through AAA.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

I booked a cruise for my family on Holland America. I purchased the cruise insurance only to be informed from Holland America that the cruise was canceled due to mechanical failure. I was refunded the money from Holland America and was informed from cruises.com I would not receive a refund for the cruise insurance. I asked to speak to a manager and was informed that the accounting department decided no refund and there was nothing they could do. They have taken money for a service not provided. I would think that would be considered stealing! Stay far away...

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

When initially speaking to the agent and being unsure if the girl I was rooming with was definitely coming. The agent told me if she decides not to come there would be no issue moving me into a 3 person room. Never said anything about a cancellation fee, if I was told there would be one I would have never agreed to go forward since the other girl is not reliable. When going to change rooms, I was told I would have to pay a cancellation fee and it would not be waived.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Hard to get accurate information. Agents don't seem to know their stuff very well and it feels like a trap once you've signed up. We noticed a promotion we missed a minute or so after we booked and they said they'd fix it but there were so many half-truths being told and so much we couldn't trust that we wanted to get away as soon as we booked.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2019

I booked my cruise in June, set up automatic payments, they took 450 off my card then cancelled my trip days later with no explanation in the email. When I called in they said I failed to make the final payment. How can that be when I set up automatic payments. Long story short they did the research and found the rep dropped the ball and set my final payment up to be paid online. Keep in mind they charged me 100 for cancellation fee. Do you know I had to argue with these people to get my money back, even after they admitted fault. I WILL NEVER IN MY LIFE BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2019

Cruises.com and Royal Caribbean. How shower door made out of glass slamming back and fourth. Told them Royal Caribbean about it. They use luggage tags to hold shower door together. Told agent. No refund from both. Liars. Buyer beware from both.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2019

I booked a cruise but had to cancel two months later. I booked through Cunard. Cunard refunded me my $700. Cruises.com kept my 342$ and charged me an additional 100$. I was given a cancer diagnosis and faced with a long road ahead and unable to travel. I am also faced with all kinds of bills. They stole this money. I tried disputing it with the bank but they fought it, saying it’s in fine print. I have no way to know because they deleted reservation before I could print out documents.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

This company is very deceptive. Promise many things but do not follow thru. Tell you free airfare, tips, etc but then AFTER booking that the info they gave was incorrect and you don't qualify for these things. Terrible customer service. Rude, incompetent people. Would never use this company again. Good news is we had a great cruise on Norwegian Joy. Great ship, beautiful cabin, wonderful service, delicious food. Highly recommend. Will book directly thru cruise line in the future.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

I will never book with them again. Service sucks, for the most part they are very deceptive about the bookings and prices. They overcharged my group. I should I have known better to deal with them because it’s not my 1st time traveling or cruising. They don’t return calls or go out the way for you.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

Very deceptive advertising. Too many good options out there to take a chance with this outfit. I booked after seeing their extremely misleading ad on Facebook. I wish I’d looked up reviews first. My bad.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Run away from these people! Run away from Edison! My person says he is a veteran ….I don’t want a veteran (that just means he is an old fool) without any professional training in my opinion. (1) A pro doesn’t lie to the customer and cost him $185.00. (2) A pro makes good on his promise. (3) A pro returns his phone calls….especially when called 3 times that day! (4) And a pro doesn’t LIE but I think that whole place is a boiler room for cruises. STAY AWAY!!!!

Original review: May 26, 2019

Most unprofessional representative I have ever had to deal with!!! He talks in circles. Says one thing and a moment later is contradicting himself. Obviously did not have a clue about what he was talking about. Overall DO NOT USE this company and especially DO NOT USE RON!!!

Original review: May 16, 2019

We booked a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in April of 2019. My mom passed away in February and we just wanted to get away for a few days. The entire experience was horrific. We were told by the Norwegian agent that if NCL books the flights for you, they are responsible for getting you on the ship. Well that changed quickly. I expressed to the agent how anxious I was about flying out on the same day as the cruise but he dismissed that. So our flight got delayed and we missed the ship.

After spending two and a half days in airports, we finally boarded the ship on Sunday. It was only a five day cruise so we had already missed half of it. The staff were nothing like our other cruises. I was shocked - we were actually treated like we were an annoyance and not one NCL staff welcomed us aboard. The excursion was disappointing. We snorkeled in Costa Maya and the water was murky and very few fish. It maybe would have been enjoyable if we were 8 years old. All I asked for was some reimbursement for the days we missed the ship. Norwegian declined and brushed this incident off like it was nothing. So we wasted $3,000 and it was by far the worst vacation we've ever had. DON'T CRUISE ON NORWEGIAN!! There are plenty of other dependable, fun cruise lines!

Original review: May 7, 2019

My spouse and I have sailed many times and usually book directly with the cruise line or with Costco.com, this time we decided to book on the spur of the moment with Cruises.com due to a promotion we saw online. BIG MISTAKE!! We booked a 5 night out of Galveston, a week after we booked we had a conflict arise and canceled which was in the full refund period according to Cruises.com. I have called 6 times since and still have not received all our money refunded to us. I've been told the same story all 6 times including again today. We are still short $200 in a refund from Cruises.com.... Royal Caribbean had everthing refunded in less than 1 week. Seems to be a type of scam to me. My advice, book through someone you do business with on a regular basis or direct with the cruise lines. Don't trust this all cruise websites.... We will never do this again. Cruises.com is the Titanic of travel agents in my book.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I booked an Alaskan cruise for 3. One person could not go, which I informed the cruises.com agent, Lachetta, about as soon as I found out (several months in advance). Between Lachetta's days off, medical leave, and messages not being returned, I finally was told that I would receive $500 back. However, I was charged a $100 change fee. After the cruise, which was very nice, I received $149 back. When I attempted to phone Lachetta several times, I never received any communication in return.

I then called and talked with a "supervisor." I was told that Lachetta "made a mistake" and she asked why I didn't cancel the reservation. I stated I had cancelled the reservation through Lachetta. When I was told there was "nothing I can do" I informed this "supervisor" that I would never again do business with Cruises.com. Her response was, "Well, I hope you'll give us another chance." Between blatant lies and inexperienced "travel agents," this was a far more expensive trip than it should have been. I will NEVER use Cruises.com again, and I will dissuade anyone else from giving them business.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Ordered cruise in December of 2018, payments of $643 were made from December 2018 to March 2019. A supposed call was made to verify payment and cancelled by a ghost named David and charged another $100 cancellation fee. Well it was cancelled and Carnival kept the $500 deposit. Roxi from customer service was helping with the situation and hung up the phone due to being unprofessional. Every company has recorded calls yet David is nowhere to be found and no real proof of the call being made.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Not only did they con me into a 24.99 booking fee, but I wanted to upgrade my cabin and another site had it for $100 cheaper (costco.com). They would not price match, so I mentioned their 110% Best Price Guarantee and said if I upgrade with them, then prove costco.com was cheaper, would I get 110% of the difference, and they said no, it doesn't work that way. I wish I knew Costco booked cruises earlier, or just stuck with travelocity.com like I did in the past.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

We booked a cruise with Cruises.com and needed to cancel 8 months before the cruise. I should have realized something was fishy with these guys when they first charged me $24.99 booking fee. But when I canceled, they charged another $100 fee (for a total of $124.99). This is not to cover what the cruise line would charge as I called Norwegian and they said there was no penalty for canceling so far in advance. My advice, stay far away from them. Use CruCon instead. I've booked 9 cruises with them and have never had a problem. Plus CruCon gives you better incentives.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

They promise you 10 percent credit for your cruise price right!! It won’t happen. Spent over $2000 on just cruise which I expected 200 in onboard credit. Got 75. They said I would need to spend over 10 thousand for 200 credit. Hummm use someone else!!! They're a scam company!!!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Cruises.com just advertised cruises from $59.00...BUT they don’t show that at all when you click on the link. In fact all available cruise prices are at least ten times the amount of the advertising link! Scammers! They lost me for sure! And now they’ll likely lose those reading this. Dumb move Criuises.com.

Cruises.com Company Information