1.04/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 6, 2017

365 Choice Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

Wow.. Where do I start. I was blown away by my experience. I should have got my money back, but I was far from home and wasn't familiar with the area. The room was a smoker room. I requested nonsmoking. The carpet was dirty and the room had an horrible smell. The room was old and outdated. Then to top things off I saw a couple of roaches. I paid to stay two nights. I complaint to front desk. There was a shortage of rooms.

The next day I tried to shower, The room ran out of hot water, I was flabbergasted. I called front desk again, the gentleman said he had to reset hot water, which took a few hours to reset. I was very disappointed. The room didn't look like the picture posted on website. Then the so called breakfast they give you is terrible. This is the worst hotel (EconoLodge) I ever stayed in. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. I was so uncomfortable. I just left the next day. I couldn't bear the site or continue to sleep in this dump. The health department needs to go and shut this place down.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

I visited Denver on 11/01/2017 thru the 11/05/2017. I reserved rooms at the Quality Inn near Denver airport. I had issues with my card, but was able to receive money out of the ATM. I paid cash for the room. On November 4th I received an email that a charge was placed on my card for the stay that I didn't authorize and it was a card that was previously on file from my last stay. I realized the receptionist didn't charge me for one of the nights in which, I had employees discount rate. Therefore, it was okay.

Later that night, I checked my bank account and noticed that I was charged on another charge for a 109.54 in which I previously paid cash for the room. The receptionist I was charged that rate for November 4th because I hadn't checked out. I showed her my previous reservation which stated I booked the rooms for those dates. She said, "I believe you but the manager is not here to authorize your money back." Mind you, my flight leaves on the 5th and she said the general manager won't return until Monday. So I asked to speak to a manager, she stated the manager won't be in until 11:30 pm. I never knew an organization did not provide a manager on duty at all times. This experience has led me to not to stay in another Choice Hotel. I guess it's call Choice because they have a choice to charge any card you have ever used with them.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

We have gotten to our room and to my dismay it was not even cleaned and the toilets were dirty and not done. Also, the biggest problem was to find small blonde hairs in between the sheets. We have never really had issues to this magnitude here before and my wife and I are a little upset at this point. We have always stayed for our church convention and have always had a dirty room issue. Also, there is no housekeeping in the hotel at this time. This is totally not the service that I envisioned when we booked again. I would like to be compensated for this room and the price taken off of my bill. Our room was never cleaned upon our arrival and I was told by the GM Sharonda **, that housekeeping MISSED our room totally so you all charge me off the BAT $800 for an UNCLEAN room!!! This was Day One!!!

This is Day Two - At this point, I and my wife are past irate. We have come back to the room from a long all day church trip to find our room NOT CLEAN at all! The bathrooms were not cleaned, the trash from last night is not emptied and the towels are all over the bathroom floor. Room service knocked on the door this morning and we were still here and they never came back to clean this room nor my Pastor’s room. This is past ridiculous at this point and I need for this stay to be compensated and points for my continued inconvenience as well! Your urgent response is well appreciated. This is NOT the standard at which I have known Choice Hotels to be or the standard at which service is metered. I need some immediate attention to this matter because I refuse to continue to have or even think about paying for less than subpar service!!!

Ok now I have tried to give your hotel another chance and book a room this past weekend for 2 nights, October 26 & 27, 2017. I got to your hotel at 3:30 am to go to a funeral and to be there for the family of the before mentioned funeral ceremony. I again got to a room in YOUR HOTEL, and to my utmost surprise, I pulled the covers back to find hairs and stains in my bed for the second time in a stay at YOUR HOTEL within the past 2 WEEKS. This is totally unacceptable and to this, the HOUSEKEEPING should be reassigned, realigned or just bluntly putting it DISMISSED.

I have never in my 50 years of living, have I encountered the issues of cleanliness at an establishment such as yours {Florence, SC} and the continued dismissal attitude of not really taking care of this continued issue. I have and will take my displeasure and comments and concerns to the highest levels of your organization. I will continue to sound off on this issues until I see changes, upgrades and a moral commitment to getting things done better with such a once great hotel brand and organization. I do need someone to immediately respond with some attention to this matter whether with a spoken call, email or something!!!

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

As an airline pilot I can quickly see why this company has hundreds of bad experiences with an overall rating of 1 star. They are terrible to work with. I booked a hunting trip and pushed button, not realizing since it was so for tomorrow and site had rolled me to next month tomorrow. Called them immediately and asked them to change it or credit me amount for new reservation. No luck... they are not willing to work with you at all. Stay away from this outfit.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

My husband and I traveled to Hazard Kentucky to see our daughter, a traveling nurse living temporarily in the area. We looked at several hotels in the area and chose this one through Travelocity. We have a truck, and brought an ATV with us. There was NO outside lighting. There were large dusk to dawn lights in the parking lot but none ever came on. I asked at the front desk and was told the lights are on timers and would turn on soon, this was 930 pm. After three days there were no lights. The lamps inside the room were unplugged and we were unable to use them, since receptacle was behind the bed. The hotel lobby had no lights on. Only a small light behind the desk area. I appreciate saving energy but not at the risk of my safety. Don’t stay here.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

They require a 24 hour notice, only certain website prices are valid for this program. They have long hold times and foreign agents that are hard to understand. The other program, stay 2 nights get one free, also requires a 72 hour wait after the second stay to use. Lots of small print with this company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Well let's see here. I never check in. I called and canceled my reservation for 10/13/17. They said ok with the cancel anytime. Well we got charged for it anyway. Called them up on my wedding day and they told us we had to call customer care so we said ok. Well just so everyone knows they are not open on weekends so we said we'll just call Monday. No biggy. Well Sunday came around and they charged us for Saturday. Well I double checked my confirmation email to make sure it was a one day stay. Yes it was so called them up asking for a manager. This time got one at 45 min.

He then said it was a prepaid room. I said, "What?" I had no knowledge of this so I said well fine but it was a one day stay. He said, "No, 2 days." I said my email says one. He told me all I can do is call customer care. I told him, "you give me a refund or I will sue for fraud cause I had not consent to the second day." Well here it is the 10/16/17 called up care number they gave me and they said no refund. Ok so I did inform them I will be contacting a lawyer just so I can get my money back and then some and the expense of the lawyer cause it's not right being charged for something I never received and even cancelled it so as of right now I will never ever recommend this place to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I stayed at a Choice Hotel - Quality Inn in Deep Creek. I wanted to call Customer relations about how that hotel needs desperate help in general upkeep. The hotel was in total disrepair. If I were Corporate, I would be embarrassed by the reviews and the way the place is being run. I called Choice Relations and was on hold for over 45 minutes. What we were charged for this hotel was what we should have paid for a decent looking Choice Hotel, not what we stayed in.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have been a member for 2 years. In the beginning it wasn't bad. Good prices and not bad stays. The more you spend and stay the more you see their hotels have mold and breakfast that has mold on it. Smoking in no Smoking rooms is at every hotel and nasty when telling them of the mold and how your kids have bad asthma and there are guest smoking in non smoking rooms that are coming into your room. The staff no matter what Choice hotel does not care. They have a Choice rewards that is a joke. The more you stay the more get screwed. The most nasty worst hotel company! How they pass an inspection is beyond me cause more than one hotel had mold.

When calling Choice to inform them of the issues they in so many words say sorry nothing they can do. Insane how in America now you spend money and have people from other countries treat you like crap and scam you. I will only stay at Marriott. They maybe a little more for the stay but it is clean and they treat their customers with respect. Marriott doesn't have mold and smoke coming in their hotels where it's putting customers health in danger. Why have customer complaints websites and phone lines for all ways of informing companies of the issue if they do nothing about the problems and these companies taking customers money having a unsafe hotel and getting away with the nasty disturbing unhealthy surroundings. This would be why people just America and think it is a joke!

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

Unwilling to address a mistaken booking. I had booked a hotel for what I thought was Salem Ma as indicated in my search for Oct 14th and 15th and ended up with Salem VA for the 16th and 17th. I contacted the booking agency right away and they were happy to call the hotel and try to cancel it. The "chain" hotel said they needed to call back on Monday. I called later in the week to see if the booking had been cancelled or credited, I explained the situation and was told that it was nonrefundable and they hung up on me for I could offer other solutions. I have no use for a room in Virginia on a Monday!! I am a full time student and this extra money wasted is nothing to corporate "Choice Hotels".

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

This place was hotel hell for safety. Toilet stools were so low. Grab bars did not help. When you ask for a handicapped room and this is what I found. Shower was not for handicapped person either. When they say they have a king size bed or queen what was there was a full size. When I made the reservation I was told a king would be in the room. And I also asked about a roll-away bed. They said they had none. When you pay good money for a room and then prepay which I did that was my first mistake. You can not change when you find and then you lose more money. This place was in Barrington IL. I will never ever stay at it again. I want my money back. I also have pictures that was sent to the main office. The next will be sent to the newspaper in Schaumburg IL. Thanks for nothing.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I made a reservation on Friday September 29, 2017 for Oct 10, 2017 at the Rodeway Inn in Albuquerque NM. The confirmation came back as a reservation for September 29th instead. I then made another reservation at another one of your hotels. This time in Amarillo at the Quality Inn for that same October 10th stay. I immediately called the Rodeway Inn.

After waiting 15 minutes, someone answered the phone then put me on hold. I gave up after 20 minutes and called back again. The number continuously rang. I tried again, no answer. I then called your reservation system. I talked to your representative who also tried calling. Again, no answer. He then gave me another one of your numbers for customer service (800 300 8800 **). I called several times spending more than an hour and a half wait time. No answer. I then tried the same number with extension **. No answer. I again tried calling your customer service number again on October 2, again. No answer. I had planned on several stays along my route with you. I will now cancel my reservation in Amarillo. I would like a refund for charges at Rodeway Inn. If no response from you on this email, I will send a copy to every travel blog and review site available.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I haven't been able to set up an online account. I have thousands of points that I would like to use but can't. I have tried calling several times. I wait on hold for over 20 minutes. Get no help and then I am transferred around. No one can help and I eventually get transferred back to where I started. They suggest sending an email. Well I am about to send my third, but my previous emails have gone unanswered. Why have a rewards program if the points can't be used?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

I have been staying in a Choice Hotels for now the last 15 days and have only received 1 free night despite what the website says. When I called Choice Customer service I was told I did not qualify for the free nights because I was checking into the same hotel consecutively. And that I would have to stay 1 night here and 1 night in another hotel or skip a 24 hour check-in in order to qualify for the free nights. They suck and are misleading in their promotion.

After speaking with the manager she was appalled that she would have to send her guest to another hotel on order for them to receive what is being advertised through Choice. She called the customer service number and was told the same thing by a very rude rep who would not give her employee number or transfer her to a supervisor. Very disappointed in their service. Also beware that the other perks you're told you will receive like late check outside are at each hotels discretion. Just use another loyalty program.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2017

They have stolen money from me about 160 dollars. If you complain to them they just agree with you then block your account and phone. I have been a diamond member for a number of years means nothing. 180 nights this year alone. The CEO is rude, fat, pig. I hope he has a heart attack soon then it's on to hell. You are just not allowed to complain. I'm on road now with Wyndham hope it's a better time when I get home. I am going to ask a retired federal judge if I can sue in federal court. If he says I can I promise I will. They’re in NJ and I'm in Ohio, that's across state lines.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

I have called Choice Hotels several times and can't get an answer regarding an overcharge. This is after having waiting at least one hour + on the phone. Finally getting "Nina" in Customer Relations and she tells me the agent overcharged my mother and was not sure why the agent did that. She contacted the hotel and they verified the rate was only supposed to be $89.00 not $148.00. Then she tells me they have to investigate. It may take 7 to 10 days. Yet she can't do anything for us. Why have a customer relations department if they can't help you, Why should I have to wait 7 to 10 days for a call back. I am so frustrated. I would like to keep fighting this, but I don't have a full day to waste on the phone only to be transferred to different departments and no one can help. What is most upsetting is that I cannot even discuss the situation with someone qualified. I keep getting a clerk in a foreign country who says he or she will pass it on.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I have been a member of the Choice Hotels' points system for 15 years, and the reservation system continues to get worse. It takes a full ten minutes to get in contact with a person to arrange a reservation, because there is an automated question system which ask for information that you will have to give to the live person when you finally get someone to answer. This is a very annoying and unnecessary routine. I also have a beef with this company, because they cheated me out of points that I was promised for a stay in a Quality Inn in Henderson, Nevada. I am looking to explore another method and Hospitality company to do business with.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2017

I booked two rooms in Lethbridge Alberta for our vacation. Three days after booking I contacted them to discuss some sort of reduction. Because my mother was diagnosed with cancer and I would be using my vacation to spend with her. I was on hold for 45 min. and then forward to another number with a recording. The reservation was weeks away but I received no response for 2 months.

Booked rooms July 18. Called to cancel July 21 for rooms booked on August 5th. Never got a response until Sept. 4th. The same day my mother passed away on. Apparently they do not care about people, because their customer service is so backed up according to their e-mail on the 4th. This disorganized company is just in it for your money. I will never use them unless it's to give them a bad review.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2017

I tried to book a hotel room. I selected the dates. I searched around and made my choice. When I got my email it was not the dates I selected. I called them right away. I sat on hold for over 2 hours getting transferred from person to person. Finally someone told me there was nothing they could do. I told them I still needed to book a room. I just needed to cancel that date (6 weeks into the future) and book a room for that weekend. I told them I would dispute the charges with my bank and they said "Go right ahead." They could have simply canceled this one and set me up with a new reservation and had a customer. Look at their reviews. It's obvious that I am not alone. Never use this website.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

So this hotel might look nice and the rooms are comfortable but if you are looking for somewhere that the desk clerks are friendly, the breakfast is eatable and they will not make fraudulent charges on your account then this is not the place to stay. When me and my fiance checked into the hotel they were rude to him as they had been the two other times we stayed there, glutton for punishment I guess. We had decided to over look this as the rooms are nice and our kids live close. On this last stay though they reached new levels of rudeness. After checking into the room we decided that maybe we would like to stay a second night and called to see if the room that we were staying in would be available for a second night. We were told no and that if we wanted to stay another night we would have to check out and then recheck into another room.

Because I am disabled and moving rooms is just as hard as just driving some and stopping on down the road we decided that we did not want to do this and told him not to book the room. The next morning when we left the desk clerk said that we were checking out early because we had booked the room for two nights which was not right. The original booking was only for one night. Then when we left I looked at the paperwork and saw we were not getting our points so we called and got told the general manager was a lady and she was not in. When they transferred us back to the voicemail it hung up on us.

At this point we called Choice who did at this point try to call to and got told the same thing and held up on. Then later on down on the road we found out that they had booked us for a second night in the other room which we never asked them to do and we did not have the night to stay anyplace. Because of wild fires burning between Portland and Eastern Oregon where we live. It took us 9 hours to drive what usually is a four to five hour drive.

When we called the next morning we were informed by another employee that the general manager was actually a guy and he would be back in thirty minutes. In thirty five minutes I called back to be told he was in a meeting. I then proceeded to talk to the lady desk clerk who answered this time because she said maybe she could help come to find out. She was the lady that said the manager was a lady the day before. I asked her why she had said this to both us and Choice and she said she never said this. So we call back to see when the manager might get out of the meeting to find out from another employee he was not in a meeting and had just gotten back. Not sure why the lady kept thinking she needed to lie.

At this point my fiance talked to the manager who seemed not to care about what happened and when we asked who his boss was he said "Nobody." Then he told my fiance that Choice owns Clarion, which Choice says is not true. I will never stay at Clarion again. I would suggest to other travelers that they do not either.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have contacted Choice Corporate six or seven times and each time the phone goes dead, this after having waiting at least one-half hour to get someone in Customer Relations. I cannot even state my case because the line goes dead. (Are they instructed to hang up on people to make it more difficult to voice a problem?) I have been trying to talk to them for two months now. There were numerous problems with the room (damp floor - next to pool) and the lock (didn't work - had to get new card twice a day, every day) but my main concern is to get them to issue a refund for the overage the clerk charged me for. He was incorrect and now I cannot get them on the line to research this. I am so frustrated.

Here are the exact details: I reserved under the "Friends and Family" plan, which has a link and gives you a low price. When I called the hotel, the clerk said I didn't need to go through the link - that the AARP price was the same and he would use that. He did. However, it was TWICE what the Friends and Family cost would have been. Since that time, I have tried many, many times to contact Choice about this error. Their final terse letter to me told me that basically that I was out of luck. This is a difference of hundreds of dollars for a seven-day stay. I would like to keep fighting this, but I keep getting disconnected. They do not respond to my emails, which are sent to the correct email address grdesk@choicehotels.com. What is most upsetting is that I cannot even discuss the situation with someone. I keep getting a clerk in a foreign country who says he or she will pass it on.

Choice Hotels response

Dear Eileen,

I'm writing on behalf of Executive office of Choice Hotels International.

Your willingness to share your concerns and observations is genuinely appreciated.

We would welcome the opportunity to speak with you personally. If you would be so kind as to call our office at 1-800-435-8595 at your convenience, we will be happy to help you.

Sincerely,

Kari S.

Executive Guest Services

tel 1.800.435.8595
fax 1.602.953.4953

crexecutive@choicehotels.com

CC: 8852601

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I made a reservation at a Choice hotel online. I intended to reserve one room for two adults, but after I entered my reservation, the info the website gave me said one adult. So I went back to correct it and accidentally entered that I wanted two rooms for one adult rather than one room for two adults. The reservation was a special rate - non-cancellable and non-refundable. So I called the assistance number their website gave me. After several minutes on hold, I was connected with someone who asked me a lot of personal data, then asked what I wanted. When I told him, he said that he couldn't help me with that, but would connect me with someone else. I now waited another 20 minutes or so on hold listening to a very annoying repetitious message and at that point was given a message saying that they were very busy, could I please call back later. I didn't and hung on.

After about 5 minutes a live person came on the phone. After asking me the same data all over, he told me he couldn't help with the problem and I needed to contact the hotel directly. I strongly objected so he said he would call the hotel himself. After about 15 more minutes on hold, I called the hotel directly using another phone. They told me they had received the call from the Choice Hotels rep and had resolved the problem 10 minutes earlier. At this point I hung up on Choice Hotels. Their rep called me about 5 minutes later and told me what I had already heard from the hotel. Incredibly poor customer service, I think.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2017

We have been traveling the US for business for three months renting three rooms in a different city/hotel every night. I've had too much time and money invested with Choice Hotels and they have pushed me to start using Hilton, Wyndham and Marriott. When I request late check out for one of the rooms the Hotel Managers/Owners get irritated and want you to know they're doing you a favor. Some of them will only allow one hour after their regular checkout time. I even had an owner chase me down catching me at my room door to say "Since I'm letting you checkout at 1pm please leave us a good review".

As a Diamond member I have spent too much money to be paying for favors that I've already earned. Choice Privileges is not the easiest partner to do business with. Whether you book online or reserve at the front desk you should automatically receive your points. That's not the case. I have to watch my Choice account like my bank account or I am shorted thousands of points. My account is pushing upwards of 200,000 points with Choice Hotels. Do you think they care?! No, their hotels are going downhill fast. They are buying up all the old junkie/stinky hotels that are going out of business or bankrupt. I'd rather sleep in my car.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

Drove from Pennsylvania to South Carolina only to find the Comfort Inn I was sold rooms to was still under construction. It was to see the eclipse in North Charleston. You heard it right, sold rooms to an incomplete hotel. After a 12 hour ride this was not what I expected. I called Choice Hotel customer relations. WHAT A JOKE. They said, "We can try to find another hotel if there's in the area." RIGHT, they’re all booked for the eclipse. By some miracle the Best Western next door had just got a cancellation, the last room in the hotel. I took it, but charged me double the rate.

Choice would not refund me the difference, after many calls. Thought that was the least they could do. Best they would do is put 12000 points on my rewards card. What a joke, that amount will barely get you a low end room for 1 night. The question remains, in this age of computers how do you sell rooms in a hotel under construction??? WE WILL NEVER STAY AT A CHOICE HOTEL AGAIN!!! So much for making your customers happy.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

I had a prepaid reservation with a confirmation number in their Lubbock hotel at 3201 Loop 289 South for two rooms, one with a king bed, one with two double beds. When I checked in, I was told my reservation had been changed without any contact with me to two rooms each with two double beds. When I asked to have my original reservation honored, they said their corporate office had made then changes and there was nothing they could do even though there were several rooms with king beds available at that time.

While I was talking with the front desk about this, another couple checked in also with a prepaid reservation and confirmation number and were told they did not have a room at the hotel that night because it was sold out. After demanding they get their room, they were told to call the main number for Choice Hotels and work with them on the phone. The front desk personnel only apologized for the inconvenience. Unless I have no other options, I will never stay with Choice Hotels again.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

The Choice Hotels are not my problem. Though I was at one Hotel this past week, which I consider to be dirty. But it’s the call centre. My God and the other part to this is the corporate office when I call both in Maryland and Phoenix in the USA., they don't want to hear complaints, they pass you on to those who had the grievance with.

I don't care what country the call takers or those who reserve the hotels for choice, but where is the customer service. I blame the people at the top down, it’s always like that. It represent the company, if the top don't care, your lower staff, don't care as well, my opinion. Then when asked to transfer me to someone who can help you are put on hold forever. I spent at least 35 mins, long distance trying to book a room, had one in a different state but needed another. Who is going to pay my long distances charges, roaming charges. Why can they say we are busy and tell me to call later. I am so still pissed.

My experience this past weekend, trying to book a hotel, telling me to hold and then the system is down, then I booked, but can't give you a booking reference. I have been in hospitality and Customer Service for the last 25 yrs, worked in Canada’s biggest venues, not was would I run a business like that, no way. Get your house in order, if money is your only objective and I know you are accountable to investors, but your investors would lose money, because of the lack of those wanting to stay at Choice Hotels, will affect the investors and comments like this. Read your post. People don't make up stuff like this. I don't.

Original review: July 31, 2017

I made a reservation for one night on the Choice hotel website in Lake Charles for July 19th. Email for the confirmation came back stating that the stay was for 5 nights the last week in Sept. and my credit card was charged with the non-refundable rate! Calls to the non-customer service line somewhere overseas were a total waste of time. I even called the hotel directly and the manager told me that the owner would not cancel. Just got off the phone with my credit card company and they said there was nothing they could do so I'm out $560. But I travel 80 nights a year on business and will never stay at a Choice property again!

Original review: July 25, 2017

I booked a room at the Rodeway Inn South in Sandusky, Ohio. The first room we were given didn't lock, had a bathroom window that was duct taped together, smelt disgusting and had a giant spider web on the wall. We asked for a new room and were "upgraded"... This time we had a locking door but the room still smelt like someone died in it and there bugs all over the wall. DISGUSTING. Long story short... We were promised a refund and left. Days after our stay they charged my card AGAIN for an amount over our original price. After 3+ hours trying to get my money back and being told countless times the manager would return my call, no one ever called me back. I finally got my money back but this was the WORST hotel stay of my life and their corporate headquarters condones this behavior and was zero helping resolving my issues or making me feel valued. I will never stay at another Choice Hotel.

Original review: July 25, 2017

Choice Hotels have been talking about if you stay two different trips you can get a gift card. I took a trip in May for three nights with my name on the reservation, because I was the one traveling. Our choice privileges account is under my husband's name with my name on the credit card information. Choice Hotels will not give me credit for that stay because the reservation was not under my husband's name. This is ridiculous! And fraudulent if you ask me!!! Now I have to travel again because of a death in my family and I needed the card for gas money!!

Original review: July 20, 2017

I booked a hotel through Choice Hotels for a lower rate but when they sent my confirmation email, THE RATE WAS $30 MORE! When I called, they told me it may have been a computer error but they couldn't help or change it, NO HELP AT ALL, WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. Luckily, the hotel manager changed my dates so that I could keep that rate. I hated to push my trip back two weeks but she was so nice and helpful! Do not book through Choice Hotels. You come out better going to the hotel directly or using another booking agency!!!

Choice Hotels Company Information