1.48/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

482 Choice Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been a Choice Hotels Elite member for many years. I travel a good deal each year and I stay in Choice Hotels 99% of the time. I basically stay in the same Hotel over and over unless they are booked and then I still try to find another Choice Hotel in the area. I like to leave reviews for the places I stay and the ones I have left have almost always been positive. If there were issues I mentioned them. If I have a problem at one of the places I take it up with management.

Well I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Aiken SC and wanted to leave a review because I really liked the hotel and the staff etc. They recently renovated and it looks great. Well it seems now that Choice Hotels does not allow random reviews. You have to be sent an email from them and asked to review the hotel. That is a joke. So Choice Hotels does not want input from their Elite members in a random manner? I know they verify the stays and that is fine. I find this change to be a bad move.

The other issue I have is redeeming points. I remember one year redeeming points enough for my family to take a vacation to see the Biltmore House in Asheville NC. I mean I used points for the room, gas, and food cards. I redeemed them with no issue in one visit. Well this year I wanted to get some Food Gift Cards to give out as presents and guess what. You are now limited on how many you can redeem at one time?? What is up with that. I earned the points by staying with you and you now want to limit my ability to redeem the points?

I contacted Choice Hotels Customer Service and brought up these issue via email. I let them know I was not happy with these changes. Now of course I got the canned response to that email. I know if I never stay again it will not really be of a concern to them but you can rest assured I will not be recommending Choice Hotels as much as I once did.

Due to my workload I have some years where I stay over 100 nights a year and last year it was 76 stays. I am already at 19 nights this year and with the workload projected will be at least 50 this year. I like Choice for their value. These cost for these rooms are on my company expense and I try to save as much as I can. As long as the hotel is clean, has a good breakfast, the people are friendly I will come back over and over.

Choice Hotels response

Hey there, John! I appreciate you leaving this detailed review for us. It's discouraging to know that until recently you've been dissatisfied with these program offerings. Feedback like this is essential to us, so we are aware of these opportunities to improve. Further, with your intentions for our surveys, I can see how this occurrence has left more to be desired. Kindly send a private message with your membership info so that we may get this to the appropriate teams. Thank you! -Julio

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 15, 2019

As someone who has been in the travel and tourism industry for more than 25 years, I can tell you that it does not matter if you are a first time customer or a Choice Privileges member longstanding. They care not. They will treat you the way they treat everyone...poorly. We steer all of our groups (100 or more a year) away from Choice properties now. Our clients are happier and we have a much better chance of resolution with other hotel chains when there is an issue.

Choice Hotels response

Mark, these remarks do concern us. Thank you kindly for reaching out. As one of our valued guests, you should expect the utmost quality in service and accommodations from Choice Hotels and our trusted partners. It's disheartening to hear how we've let you down. We want to take a second look into this if you allow us. Please send a private message with your contact information and more details surrounding this experience. Looking forward to hearing from you! -Julio

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: March 3, 2019

I booked four hotel stays for my husband for a total of 40 days. Halfway through, I discovered that the hotel was not finding his reservation and rebooking him and I was being charged for no-shows. I did not know Choice Hotels was considered a third party booker. Spoke with a Choice Hotels customer service person today for whom English was not her first language and got nowhere. I asked to speak to her manager and was told to call back in 2.5 hours. I called the hotel and the teenager there also did not have a clue. It also appears that the new rate charged directly by the hotel is less than that charged by Choice Hotels. I presently see no advantage in using Choice Hotels.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I’ve always had problems with this group and usually bypass them completely and just deal with the hotel directly. They are slow, confused, English is definitely their second or third language, and they use poor headsets which result in frequent mistakes. Thank goodness I checked the reservation I made this morning. The agent had me booked in March, not May like I requested. In total, it took 30 minutes for the agent to figure this one out and rebook and of course I ended up paying more. At least I was not a no show the day after tomorrow when they had booked me.

Original review: March 2, 2019

My wife and I stayed at two different Choice Hotels back in Nov of 2018. The first hotel in Clinton Ms had a filthy pool and hot tub and a nonworking TV in our room. We also forgot our 2 extra pillows we brought from home and the hotel promised to send them to us. After repeated calls to the hotel we still never received our pillows. We then went Went to Avondale LA and stayed at another Choice hotel where our debit card was compromised and my checking account drained and sent into overdraft. I called Choice corporate to complain and report what happened and he received a case number. We never got a callback or offered any type of compensation. Chase Bank took care of the money thru fraud protection but Choice has been completely silent about this serious crime. We will never ever use Choice hotel again...

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Choice Hotels keeps sending me emails saying that I have points I can use for a free stay. The email has an Account link, a number of some sort at the top (account number I assume) and says how many nights I have already stayed with them. Only problem is that none of the combinations of email address, account number(?) or passwords allow me to log in, register, or recover my password on website, even after clicking the link THAT THEY SENT ME! Geez, my bank doesn't require this much info to log in. So thanks Choice Hotels for reminding me I've earned a free night I can't use and wasting 20 minutes of my time (30 if you count this review).

Choice Hotels response

Oh no! I am so sorry to hear that you cannot access your account online to use your points. We know this important and truly appreciate your time and valued feedback. If you would please send us a private response with your account details, we would be happy to check on this.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

I have been a loyal choice customer for decades (with multiple youth sports teams and business travel). Recently I booked a room at Comfort Suites, College Station TX. It is for parent's weekend coming up in April and since that is a high volume weekend the rates are double the normal rate (another complaint for another day). I booked online and somehow booked two rooms by accident (not sure how - the website was acting very glitchy). I had booked using the combo of points and cash to bring the rate back down to a normal rate, but booked so that I could cancel if needed (hotel has free cancellation up to 48 hours prior the stay).

As soon as I realized the mistake I called Choice directly and was told that it was "no problem" they can just cancel one room and sent me a new confirmation with the corrected number of rooms. All good right? Wrong...a week later I find out that my credit card was charged $420 for canceled room. I have called multiple times asked to speak to supervisors been on the phone for hours on end trying to straighten this out. They have given me the run around and have told me that because the room was booked as a "cash plus points" room, that the policy is when I cancel to essentially charge me for all the points that I would have used to book the room!

I came across one supervisor named Benedict that seemed to understand my complaint. I was not informed when I made the call to choice initially that I would be charged $420 to cancel the room. I was just told "no problem- easy to fix". He filed a formal request for a refund from the billing department and told me to wait 3-5 business days. Well I did, no response from choice and no refund. I just called again and was pretty much told "nope you are out of luck that is the policy and your claim was denied". I was also informed that they are sorry I am unhappy but there is no one else I can talk to and it is my option to not use them again.

I promise you I will not (of course I have to stay this last time coming up since I paid $420 for a two night stay in a three star hotel). I am assuming my only option at this time is to see about disputing the charge with my credit card company. It really is too bad because I have always been very happy with my experiences with Comfort Suites. Great hotels...terrible customer service!

Choice Hotels response

Thank you for your candid comments on your recent reservation experience and your longtime loyalty to Choice Hotels.

We would be happy to review your reservation to see if there is anything we can do. Would you be so kind as to send us a private response with your reservation details? We appreciate your time!

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Where do I begin: I am an elite traveler, doesn't mean a lot other than I spend many nights on the road, and spend lots of money on lodging. When I can I use the main hotel chains, Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton, Hyatt, Accor brands, but I have no problem using smaller brands La Quinta, Best Western, Choice Hotels, etc.

I have qualified for the top tiers for frequent stay programs at all major programs, and have used the match program with lesser hotels. I find gaining elite tier status helpful, in obtaining late checkouts, free breakfast, lunch, parking etc.

Choice Hotels, aka COMFORT INN, RODEWAY, CLARION, etc. was a match program. Main problems: 1. Did not match my highest elite status. Consequently only get points, no upgrades. 2. According to customer service representative Paula **. Specialist II, Executive Guest Services. Match is only good for 1 year, and can not be matched after that. In her words, you need to spend to obtain elite tier status with "CHOICE BRANDS". THEN WHAT GOOD IS A TIER MATCH? Especially if you are "LIFETIME MEMBER" with other programs. 3. I made several comments and reviews of "franchise" hotels for Choice, but they were never posted on their website. I guess they do not like "honest true evaluations"!!

Cleanliness - Found used condoms underneath bed. Sheets were dirty and seemed unchanged from last guest. Unruly guests - Drunk, loud, illegal activities in parking lot. Homeless people congregating in parking lot, and sleeping in cars. Management in these hotels didn't care about complaint. I had to call local police or sheriff's department. It seems for "HOSPITALITY GROUP" Choice hotels don't really care.

Choice Hotels response

Thanks for bringing this to our attention! We appreciate your honest feedback on the elite status match offer. I will be certain to pass on your suggestions so they can be considered the next time the program is revised.

I regret to hear that some of your stays left something to be desired. We certainly do take these reports seriously. If you experience anything like you mentioned in the future, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Guest Experience Team. We appreciate your time!

Kevin

Original review: Feb. 13, 2019

Warning to guests of Econo Lodge in Manchester, Vermont. This hotel is not to be trusted. I stayed at this hotel from 1/23 to 1/27 in January 2019 and the hotel charged my credit card for the entire stay two times in the same exact amounts on two separate days. They refuse to credit my charge card for the 2nd duplicate charge. Choice Hotels also told me they could not do anything because the hotel was not owned by them. Be forewarned that this was clearly not by accident and now requires wasted time and energy submitting claims to my credit card company, Vermont Attorney General, Vermont Better Business Bureau, and Vermont Small Claims Court. THIS HOTEL SHOULD NOT BE TRUSTED WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD.

Choice Hotels response

Oh my, Tim! I understand how valuable your time is, and having to take extra steps for this to be handled is not part of the experience Choice Hotels strives to provide our valued guests. It is possible this could be related to the hold for incidentals. I'd like to know more. Please private message your personal contact information and reservation details and we'll get started. Thank you! -Julio

Original review: Feb. 3, 2019

The only thing that bothers me is that once I make and reserved my room, I get charges added to my bill after I check out. A minimal charge for occupancy from 2.35 to 3.00 dollars. Don't know why the charge when I check out.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I'm currently at the Sleep Inn in Springfield, Mo at 233 El Camino Alto St. The front desk clerk had no interest in checking my ID or confirmation at check in. He wasn't very personable or customer service oriented. The room is cute but dingy...thick dust all over wall pictures and various areas of room. Bathroom door is gross and needs to be wiped down. Not sure what's on it. Hair inside beds when pulled back comforter. Gap in door is ridiculous and looks like the door's been kicked in or never fit correctly. Pretty rowdy crowd in the other two rooms so I don't know how interesting the night will become, but I'm not happy. Feels like I'm at a Motel 8.

I'm a former Quality Inn manager with plenty of experience in the hospitality industry and a current manager of a top rated Planet Fitness in NW Arkansas. This place here needs a refresher on customer service and cleanliness and staff needs to control guests and parking lot activity. Oh and cigarette burns in the carpet in a no smoking room. I took pictures. will deal with it in the morning. My mom's at Mercy with burns all up and down the left side of her body and she's also been undergoing chemo for a lung tumor and multiple brain tumors. I'm definitely not paying $100 for no rest, on top of what I'm dealing with. This is a Choice hotel, act like it! ??? And btw...the reviews for this place are mostly bad on several sites. Choice, you should really get on this place. Sleep Inns are usually nice and clean. This one is horrible.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

I spent about an hour trying to reserve a room in preparation of my son coming home from deployment. However, booking a room with bonus points plus cash is impossible... DO NOT BELIEVE the message that pops up saying there was an error with the card and the information on file. I tried several times with two different cards. Same message. I now have 10 withdraws from my account. TEN!!! HOW is this when there was an error and the website would not allow me to use the points plus cash... This is a scam people. BEWARE... NOW I am out 8,000 points and $150. which was suppose to cost me 6,00 points + $15. I am reporting this company as soon a day breaks. I need contact information to someone from the top of this company. NOW!!!

Hello Vanessa

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to improve. I am going to send you a private response as we would love to look into this with you!

Paula

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I called now 2 times today trying to get my account straightened out. I am a Diamond member and never have had a lot of problems with Choice privileges until today. I called again after the previous 2 phone calls in regards to charges for Choice points that I made a little bit ago. My bank account has been off so I printed my bank statements to come to find out that I had several charges for points totaling $49.50. When I called they told me no one there handles that and I would have to deal with some website that takes 24 hours.

I have not 1 charge but 9 charges for $49.50!!! I stay at the same hotel and use Choice everyday and this is how I am treated. My account is missing $445.50!! That is not a small amount. It is a huge amount that has thrown my bank account off for a little bit now. I called my banking institution. They said call the merchant. I want something done immediately because I will not continue to have these charges on my account. I hope someone helps me because I am calling again.

Hello Brittany,

Thank you so much for giving us the opportunity to improve. I would love to look into this more for you. If you could send us a private response with your Choice Number and the last 4 digits of the card and verify your contact information on the account, we can get started.

Paula

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Never heard of being declined for staying at hotel that’s too close to my home!! REALLY!! Just wanted a quiet weekend getaway from the kids with the hubby just to receive a call saying we stay too close!! What if there was condition where I needed to just be in a safe place close to my job? Pipes burst, furnace went out, even an abusive relationship. I mean come on. This is just ludicrous!! Rules or not sounds like discrimination!! I will be filing a formal complaint!! Must do better!! Why do I have to live 14 miles from hotel to stay at your faculty? That sound really dumb!!!

Choice Hotels response

Thank you for sharing your recent experience, Ann.

We know your time is valuable and truly appreciate your forthright comments to help us improve. To address this matter fully, would you be so kind as to send a private response with your reservation details, so we can check on the hotel’s specific policy?

Thanks, again, for reaching out to Choice Hotels. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

Even though I had stayed in Choice Hotels for over the past 15 years, I have been a Choice Hotel member for almost 5 years. For the past 2+ years I have been ill and haven't been able to travel. Because I didn't use my earned points or stay in a hotel, they cancelled my points. I've been told that there is nothing that they can do. I understand that there are rules. However, we are human beings with life circumstances and exceptions can be made. They advertise about making memories. Well, this is one memory that I will never forget with Choice Hotels. I will also let others know of this heartless experience I have had with them.

Choice Hotels response

Thank you for your Choice Privileges membership and honest feedback, Jill.

We value your time and certainly appreciate your comments to help us improve. To thoroughly address this matter, would you be so kind as to send a private response with your membership number, mailing address, email, and phone number? Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Kevin.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have been dealing with Choice hotel chain for 6 months with this problem and after today talking with them I will never stay at one of their hotel brands again. It started in summer of 2018 and I purposely stayed at a Choice for several night so I could take advantage of their gift card deals where you could get them for less points. I have sent so many emails to them and then started calling them to find out why I wasn’t getting my card.

I have dealt with them for the last time today as when I called they have told me there is nothing they can do to help me. So not only do I not have my $50.00 Starbucks gift card but I’m out 16,000 points as well. They told me today, "Sorry nothing we can do." To think I went out of my way to stay at their hotel chain so I could take advantage of this deal and now it was all a waste makes me so upset. I have read reviews on Facebook where people have complained about similar things happening to them. Do yourself a favour and stay somewhere else. I will recommend Hilton or Marriott or any number of others. I do a lot of driving holidays all through the States and will now go out of my way to not support this hotel chain. They have lost a good customer and I will be sure to let my family and friends know how I have been treated.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I am an Elite member and livid! Last night I went on MyChoice app to purchase the deal of 6000 points for $46.20 to book a room for today (Sunday). I entered all of my information correctly but got an error message stating that there was something with my card info so I tried again and again and again and again. Finally I stopped trying. This morning I checked my bank account and I have 6 pending charges of $46.20 on my Wells Fargo Account! I called Choice Customer Service and they said they cant see anything on their side showing that I tried to purchase points and that they couldn't help me! So now, I have a total of $270.00 pending out of my account for points I did not receive! I only wanted one order of points and now I have none, and no money until these charged are reversed!

Dear Allenia,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your Choice Privileges rewards account. The Choice Hotels Executive Customer Relations Team would like to assist you.

At your earliest convenience, please check your private responses for an additional reply from our team.

Sincerely,

Jose A.

Specialist II, Executive Guest Services

6811 E Mayo Boulevard
Phoenix, AZ 85054

ChoiceHotels.com

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Went online to make reservations at the Quality Inn Downtown Portland, OR. Great non-refundable rate of $88.00. I put the dates in and my wife confirmed them. When it was all said and done, paid for, it was for March instead of February. So I called Choice Hotels and they said since it was a nonrefundable reservation and there was nothing they could do unless I want to upcharge to $130 the first night and $170 the 2nd night. WT-Fudge??? They even sent me to their so-called customer care and they called the hotel in Portland itself asking if they could flip the dates. The assistant manager said NO!

So I told my wife, "Let's eat the $200 including taxes and etc and just make new reservations making sure we had the correct dates." We did that and this time it kept the system kept changing our dates from 2019 to 2020. This time I called customer service and without hesitation this foreign lady took care of our original reservations then and there. No questions! What a waste of my time and theirs. Long time customer, not no more!!! Will stay with IHG Rewards with Holiday Inn. Beware!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

We had a horrible night stay at the Oakville Ontario location. Freezing cold room. We actually woke up to snow inside the window ledge! No wifi! Dirty pool. In the morning I was going to make coffee but the inside of the coffee maker was covered in filth!!! It was so gross. I have pictures but don’t see how I can post them here. One of their 2 elevators were broken with the good one getting stuck on the 8th floor. There are so many hotels in this area. I recommend picking a different one!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

This is the second time I have ran into issue with the Choice rewards point website and it has caused me and my fiancé so much grief that I am honestly fed up with how their points system is ran and continues to have technical issues. I tried to buy points on your system with it saying it didn’t go thru, I tried multiple times thinking it might have been human error with card numbers and such and then come to find 4 pending transactions on my account totaling $250 when no transaction actually went thru and now I am suppose to wait days until my funds for something that never went thru because of their website issues is unfair.

This is not ok, it has made my whole experience miserable and now I have holds on my card which there shouldn’t be anything pending if it never went thru. I am truly upset over this and when I called about all the charges was assured by a manager that it would be taken care of and still to no avail. I have the charges still pending.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I have been a loyal Choice Hotels member since 2006. Today this has been the worst experience I have ever dealt with. I booked a room online 2 months in advance. My bill for the room was $157. When I got to the hotel at Rodeway Inn they charged me $300. When I showed Rodeway Inn my reservation and how much I should be charged they told me it was not my problem it was Choice Hotels' problem. Call Choice Hotels. They figured out there was a problem. They even called Rodeway Inn and they said they are not going to give me my money back. It was Choice’s problem. We had no other place to go at that time so we had to stay and check in and when we got to our room it was nasty. Sheets not cleaned. We called the front desk. They sent in a maid and all they did is try to scrape it off with their hands. We had to ask the maid, “Can we please just get new sheets” and it was like a problem to give us new sheets.

Call Choice Hotels that day to find out regarding about getting my refund. Their member service called Rodeway Inn and they still did not vouch set amount of money for the refund. Choice Hotels member told me that they have to have to override it and it should be taking care of on The day we check out. Today is the day we check out and Rodeway Inn will not give us a price that we were given and Choice Hotels now is stating because I updated my credit card that was on file, due to its expiring that's considered a modification so I cannot get the rate that was given to me. I was very disappointed with Choice Hotels. I'm in the military. I also have AAA and not once did the hotel allow me to get that rate at all.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I've been a loyal customer of Choice Hotels since 2008. I've probably stayed at hotels 14-20 nights per year with my family. Unfortunately, I make reservations months in advance and pay at that time. The hotel in which I made a reservation, was affected by a hurricane. Choice Hotels called leaving a message that I would have to cancel. Upon returning their phone call, I was given the runaround for almost 2 hours just for them to reassure me that by the time of my visit everything would be fine and they were unsure of who that contacted me. Well fast forward to the day of check-in. I was told that they have no record of or access to my reservation, so I would have to pay again. And I was instructed to call Choice Hotels for a refund.

I immediately called after getting to the room. On the phone over a hour, just for Choice Hotel to put blame on their hotel. They were to contact the General Manager to cancel my most recent stay and reimburse me within 3-5 business days. Which on my account, it does show the cancellation. I called a week later to confirm how much longer it would take for me to receive my money. I was then told there was no refund initiated and it would take 7-10 business days. Well it's now been almost a month since my stay at the hotel and still no refund. I'm really close to contacting an attorney and as well as they will lose my business for good. Because I refuse to pay twice for one reservation, totaling almost $800. Disappointed is an understatement at this point.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I saw a Choice brand hotel I wanted to stay in and called for a reservation. The price was 119$. Priceline had the same room and hotel for 71$. I spoke with a rep from Choice regarding this (Janet). She told me to make the Priceline reservation as they could not beat or match the price and I would be given a 50$ payment because they could not beat the price. I was transferred to Edwin in member services to facilitate the reimbursement. He said he can’t do it. Transferred me to his supervisor who just hung up after being on hold for 25 minutes. Avoid this as it is a total scam.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

There was a promotion to stay two night then earn a $50 dollar gift card. Choice Hotels didn't honor their promotion. After several month calls and emails they just give you some points which is useless. The customer service is bad. They just didn't reply your email sending to them.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2018

My husband and I live in Conway, SC and our chime was flooded by Florence. We have been living in our motorhome beside the house while the house is being put back together. Our motorhome toilet has now broken and we are living with a horrible odor, the repairman won't be able to come until Tuesday to hopefully fix the problem. We called the Comfort Inn at the University to book a room for several nights as we need to be close to home to work with the contractor for replacement paint, flooring, etc and wanted to be close by. We were informed by this hotel that they do not accept reservations from people living in Conway, SC. We were stunned. Hurt upon hurt. No home, broken toilet in motorhome, and obviously living in Conway, SC is detrimental to your hotel. This is wrong and I would strongly suggest avoiding this hotel. Who knows, your state might be next.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Upon check-in, the hotel staff was very nice and professional. Even went through a great deal of effort to be accommodating when the amenities malfunctioned and we began to smell smoke at the "smoke free" hotel brand. We were moved to another room, but then the cable didn't work, the microwave went out and so did the refrigerator. We were given a free night stay for our troubles, and extended our stay. The breakfast was good and the person in charge was kind and professional.

All seemed well until a staff illegally obtained my credit card information to place a security hold on a future reservation. This action was completely unnecessary as I booked the hotel with my card through the member services account to secure my next stay. I also found out that he charged my card for the free night I was given. I would like to think that a professional business would want to handle this matter quickly and efficiently, but both the hotel and Choice rewards member services made more efforts to cover up and justify as well as lie about the actions taken. Everyone has been avoiding to handle the matter. It appears we will be moving on from this to something better.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I made a room reservation on November 8th 2018 for my husband to go spend the night when he got back in town. He went to check in but he couldn't because he doesn't have his bank card with him. So I called the Econo Lodge (715 W North Temple Salt Lake City, Utah) to pay it & the hotel couldn't do it too. They want me to show up with the card in person or call CHOICE HOTEL to *PRE-PAID" directly the room & because I'm a hour and a half away from Salt Lake. So I called the CHOICE HOTEL to prepay the rooms. An agent put me on hold for 20 minutes while doing it. Came back & said, "It's done." When I called the hotel back, they couldn't find any "prepayment" on the reservation. It was 4 hours & 10 Service Agents total spending on the phone with Choice them but NOBODY can do something to help us.

My husband was really sick & wanted to take some rest but these people could even do anything to put into a room. So, I end up telling the last Agent to "GO AHEAD & CANCEL the reservation because WE DON'T WANT IT ANYMORE." And guess what? Today is the is Nov 14th, we check our Bank Statement, and this ECONO LODGE HOTEL CHARGED us with $40.45. I called the Econo Lodge & they said, because I didn't showed up. I told them, "My husband was there on Nov 8th to check in & you guys told him, he can check in because he doesn't have the card with him. So the hotel manager transfer me to CHOICE HOTEL AGAIN. Choice Hotel agent came & I told them what happened." After putting me on hold for a while he came up & said, "Sorry but we don't have any record of you canceling your reservation."

I told him, I told the last Agent who I had talked to, to cancel the reservation but instead, "She completely ignored what I told her & now it cost me money." Another agent came & he said he's an active floor manager. Said, "Sorry we can't do anything because your reservation wasn't cancel." Now me starting to piss off because they kept saying the same thing & none of them take this matter into consideration & realized that the agent who help me last forgot to cancel the reservation upon request & did not do her job. I ask this so called manager, "Are you aware of what your agents are doing to the clock?" He said yes. I told him, "NO, YOU'RE NOT. BECAUSE THE HOTEL JUST CHARGE ME BECAUSE CHOICE HOTEL AGENT *FAILED* TO CANCEL MY RESERVATION."

What's worst is, we're a CHOICE HOTEL Gold member & we're one of their valuable customers and we had/have been doing business with them for a long time. Now deactivating our account with them. We rather go & do business with people who really care, listen & know what their customers wants. Lucky they have a star which is they don't deserve to have a star from me.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

Made a road trip to Las Vegas... Stayed exclusively at Choice brand hotels at El Paso, Phoenix, Gallup NM, Lubbock Tx. Out of all these hotels the one at Lubbock was the best. Seemed like a new property, clean and a good breakfast. The other three weren’t that good... It seems that some of the other names under the Choice Hotels are of course franchises that are not “inspected” by Choice. The hotel in Gallup for instance needs to be closed, old, stank, AC didn’t work properly, etc.

One would think that if the parent company allows a franchise to carry its name, that the parent company would occasionally inspect the property to ensure that the property is meeting Choice standards. Of course that if Choice has standards! As I said, with the exception of Lubbock the rest were disappointing. Note to Choice, please don’t try to give me “points” for this review! Actually, I would at this point not consider staying at one of your properties again... I do have “choices!”

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

I booked a hotel room from a Choice Hotel for December today. I was afforded an opportunity to consider an offer for a 4 day 3 night or 8 day 7 night trip in 17 different locations after I made my booking. There was a gift Mastercard offer for $150.00 as well for the amount of the trip which means I would literally only be paying $1.00 for this special offer. I needed to pay $149.0 today. After listening to the promotion I was asked to give her a credit card number. When I asked why she needed a credit card number since I had not agreed to the promotion, the Representative became irritated and rude.

I stated that I was not a "frequent flyer with Choice Hotels." She smugly corrected me by saying "frequent flyer" is a term used for airlines not for hotels. Well she literally lost me for sure with that comment. I told her I like to use the term the way I used it and I do know the meaning. This offer was too good to be true and her demeanor made it evident that something about this offer would have me regretting pursuing it. Now I never will pursue it. My research after the fact shows me that some folk have gotten burned with this too good to be true offer!

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I purchased a total of 6,000 + 1500 pts yesterday to book a room. Normally, when I purchase point the points are applied INSTANTLY! This time it did not happen so I was unable to book the room I needed. I called Customer Service. They gave me the runaround, told me my points would appear within 24 hours and I STILL haven't received my points. I called them back, they said they still could not do anything, and then told me it could take up to 48 hours! 48 hours is NOWHERE in the fine print of the contract. I have contacted my lawyer, recorded all conversations, and will file a suit. Choice is scamming loyal customers out of money and offering no refund. I am a Platinum Member and this is EXTREMELY unacceptable!

Choice Hotels Company Information