1.39/5

448 Choice Hotels Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

My wife and I booked a five night stay. On the second day, I reported a man that was drunk and in the hot tub. He had lined up his beer cans around the rim of the tub. He almost fell twice trying to get out. After I reported it, I was called rude by the front-desk clerk. After this, one of the drunken man's buddies taunted me to come see him in an aggressive manner. I spoke with three members of the management. The first two did NOTHING. The last one, watched the video recording, confirmed everything that I had said. He apologized for my inconvenience.

Because the people who were disorderly had a two-year reservation, they were allowed to stay and we were allowed to leave. No refund was give to us for the remaining three nights. I have made more than 12 calls to the 800-300-8800 number. For some reason, regardless of what phone I use, they cannot hear me or cannot help me. I have also sent out a dozen or more e-mails and have posted several times on your Facebook page.

I am now on hold with a woman name ANGELA. Angela has returned and has informed me that she will call me back either tomorrow or the next day. I asked her what time she would call me back so that I can be prepared for the call. She said, "I will call you back in 15 minutes to tell you when I can call you back." (I am not making this up.) Now, since no person from CHOICE has contacted me, I am assuming they will not. Unfortunately, this will involve criminal and negligent charges being filed. I was willing to let it go if someone would contact me. Now, in addition to the insult and injury, I have been billed for 5 nights instead of two.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2018

So I used Choice Hotels for first time. Cheapest rates. The day of the reservation, I get a call from the hotel and they wanted to confirm that I was coming and then asked the 3 digits on my credit card. I knew they couldn't do anything with that without the card number so I gave it. Same day... Bank calls me. Over 13 fraudulent charges. Over $1400 worth. Had to cancel card and will now have to dispute charges. Got to hotel and told the clerk what had happened and she said, "You used Choice Hotels" didn't you? ". Another customer had the same thing happen that very same day. Bottom line. Run.

Get expert buying tips about Hotel Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I made a reservation for my family for the wrong date. Being a Choice Privileges member I called the customer support number and told them what was happening and the young lady told me she would cancel the reservation and find a hotel with dates needed and cancel original with no penalty. No problem cancelling both but now it is 3 weeks later and I was still charged for original reservation.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Their manager cussed me out. They promised they would compensate w/points. The agent said she could offer "1000" points. I asked her, what can I use it for? She said: "It is worth about $100." I said: "Oh so I can apply it for $100 towards a hotel?" & she said: "Yes." Come to find out 1000 points is NOTHING. Tried to escalate to a manager, "Dora", she said: "the agent was right, it is worth $100, you spend about $100 to get to 1000 pts." Told her, "This is not how the info was presented." She said because I accepted, the case was closed. DO NOT ACCEPT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU VERIFY. The agents will lie, verify everything before you accept anything. THEY ARE CROOKS!!! Asked to speak to manager's manager and she refused.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

They claim to price match lower cost websites but did not. I found lower price on Expedia and submitted a claim for the $50 they offer if a lower price is found but they said they could not find the lower price on Expedia. I paid $56.99 plus tax and Expedia is $54 plus tax. I know it is not much difference but they are the ones making the price match claim (if at least a dollar difference they will honor and provide a gift card). I sent their form in and supplied screenshots of the $54 rooms on Expedia. They said they could not find those rooms but they are available at that price and match the room I booked with them.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2018

I reserved a room using Points Plus Cash and cancelled after noting that the cancellation was "FREE". Instead of refunding the $75 I paid, Choice refunded my account with points. I ended up re-booking at a more expensive Choice hotel ($150/night) and did not use points because it did not provide any benefit. I have come to notice that the points do not get you very far, so I do not want more points. All I want is my $75 refunded. My husband and I travel frequently, and I will not stay at Choice Hotels anymore nor will I recommend their hotels.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

Well... I've been in contact with the customer service at Choice Hotels, for about 2 weeks. One thing that haven't changed is "Every time I CALL" I get a different response. So on September 23, 2018, I called choice hotel's customer service, and filed an internal investigation on one of their agents, because I signed up with their fall promo "Stay 2 Nights, Earn a Free Night", and I received false info from their agent, and of course all of their phone calls are recorded.

So after speaking with a supervisor, I was told that the investigation would take 7-10 days, and I would receive a phone call/email, with the results of the investigation, and be compensated correctly if it's found that the agent provided false information. Well day seven arrived, and I called for an update, now this supervisor told me that the investigation would take 7-10 business days. Hmm you would think that the first supervisor would have known that. So now the 10th business day arrives, and it's around 3pm, and I've received no phone calls/emails, so I call their customer service, and was on hold for about 30mins, when an agent finally picked up the phone, then he tried to convince me that I didn't need to speak with a supervisor, and he could help.

Me knowing that's not the case, insisted on speaking to one anyways. So that was another 25-30mins of waiting on the phone when a supervisor picks up the phone, then puts me on hold saying that he needs to "dig a little more" into this. So that's another 15-20mins. Then he finally picks saying that "they need more time" on the investigation. We then go back and forth, him trying to tell me that they have until 11:59 pm (they are not even open at that time), to resolve the investigation, and me trying to explain that I was told I would have an answer on 10/05/2018. So about another 30mins goes by, and he says that he needs another supervisor on the phone, to make the resolve the case, and that he will call me back the following day 10/06/2018, at 4:00 pm Texas time.

He even says that if he doesn't have a result by the end of the day (10/05/2018) that he will make one the following day (10/06/2018). Well... At this point I knew that they had either found the recording, proving that I was told false info, and they were trying to bide time, or this company was truly living up the reviews on "ConsumerAffairs.com". Turns out it was both. Saturday comes, and it's 4:35pm, and I do not get any calls/emails about the result of this case. So I call, and that takes 30mins for an agent to pick up, then another 15mins to talk to a supervisor. When the supervisor picks up, she admits that they have closed the case, and did find that their agent provided false info. So at this point I'm thinking, final. All calls/waiting will pay off, and we can move on.

"LOL" nope, she then tells me that as a "favor" to me, she will add 5,000 point on my account. Now keep in mind that most hotels require at least 8,000 points to redeem a "free night", and those are the bad properties, btw, either way 5,000 points doesn't provide enough points for a free night. So I then break down, the number of stays on my account I qualify for (4 stays btw), then she tells me that even though Choice Hotel, lied to me, because 10 days has past, the system pulled my other stays together making me 1 stay short in order to earn a free night.

Now keep in mind I know that she is lying. So I explain that my 4 stays should 100% count on the promo, even though two of the stays was put into an investigation, so she finally sees my point and says, I have to "contact the backends" to see if I can resolve this, and I will give you a call back today (which was another lie, btw). She asks for my number, and clearly all of my info is right in front of her. I tell her my number then she hangs up. Well it's 8:22pm. And I've received no calls /emails. This is truly gutter trash behavior, and it's insane for a company to behavior as such. All of the reviews on this site seems spot on about this company.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

Stayed there for a week. Staff was great EXCEPT housekeeping! Poorly maintained rooms and stole items from luggage. I was there with a church group for 5 days. A few of us were missing items. My suggestion is to keep an Inventory of everything you packed and check your luggage on a daily basis. Management only says they will look into the matter. Doubt if they ever do. Take it upon yourself to make sure you are not violated as I was.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I’ve booked through Choice Privileges for 20 nights due to home renovations. I’ve purchased points through the website, the 1st 2 times I’ve purchased went through with no problem. Points automatically appeared on my account. The 2nd 2 times I never received my points which came to a total of $129.70. My funds have not been refunded. I purchased a total of 12000 points. They only gave me 1900 points as a 1 time courtesy which hasn’t helped me at all. Then also I tried using my points they awarded me along with the points I purchased was a total of 6000 plus $15. They have told me 2 different lies.

I have my bank statement stating that Choice Privileges charged me. I have 1 recent and they are telling the transaction failed. If that were so the funds should still be in my account. They don’t value their customers. They sent me an email regarding the transactions saying my account wasn’t charged but I have my receipt and bank statements. Do not purchase points through them. They don’t have a direct number you can call to see about your points purchased. It’s an automated system. The company is a complete scam.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I had booked and paid for two rooms with Choice Hotels three months before my planned travel. The area I had planned on traveling to was struck by Hurricane Florence, and a few days later I received an email from Choice Hotels informing me that the hotel would not be operational by my expected visit date. They did not refund my payment. I contacted them on the phone and got the runaround from them as to how they could not answer about the refund as of yet, to give it a few days. It's a week later and I still have not been refunded and continue to get the runaround from this company. Their operations license should be revoked, they are nothing but crooks!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

0 rating if we could. We book hotel rooms 4 days a week. My husband and I have spent 2 days on the phone with Choice Hotels customer relations. We booked a hotel last month for a trip we are leaving for in 9 days. The hotel manager called us to cancel our reservation due to an overbooking glitch. I believe we have spoken to 7 employees, 4 hours reiterating the situation (even with a case #), still no resolution. Honestly, we should be getting paid for all the English lessons we've provided! Does anyone speak AMERICAN PLEASE! So disappointing.

Don't waste your time with this company. They don't have any qualms about not honoring their rewards program. They told us to go to the hotel because they have to honor our reservation. What a fiasco! We would spend the day driving around Boston trying to find a place to stay. There goes the tours we booked for that day. Does "sorry for the inconvenience" really cover that? They don't care if you actually have a room when you get to your destination. In fact, they just don't care. They also don't allow you to review them directly on their website. All reviews have to be submitted for review by them for approval before posting. It's more than apparent that this company leaves little to be desired. We have started a new hotel program and will not be looking back. Happy trails to you all. :)

Original review: Sept. 18, 2018

This was one of the worst experiences that I have ever had in a motel. Price gouging regarding paying up front on Hotelrates.com - knowing people were stressed about evacuating for hurricane Florence. We were overcharged and had to pay in full online in order to guarantee a room to stay in. Waited in lobby until check-in time. Coffee maker did not work. No DVD player in room. The telephone in room was not connected to service. Boasted about having HBO which was a lie. On the last night the remote was stuck on one channel...could not change channels on the TV itself. The freezer was frozen over. There was prostitution going on in the back of the motel...looked like regulars lived there on a permanent basis.

The pool was closed from the day we got there until the evening before we left. This was due to chemical problems. I realize that the office did all that they could regarding our bill. Our neighbors who also evacuated because of the hurricane were charged $ at 310.00 for 3 nights. Our bill for 4 nights was closer to $620. Now corporate offices will be getting a letter regarding this horrific experience. The BBB will be contacted and a complaint made to SC regarding price gouging. Bottom line, even though it is right off I-95 in Hardeeville, SC, you have better luck sleeping in your own car. This was from Sept. 12 thru Sept. 16, 2018...due also to a mandatory evacuation. Regarding the next hurricane, they will have to carry me out bodily.

Choice Hotels response

Dear Diane,

My name is Kari and I work with Kevin and Paula in the Executive Office for Choice Hotels.

I am sorry to hear of the experience you endured. Please allow me to apologize on behalf of Choice Hotels that we did not exceed your expectations.

I show Paula has sent you an email today regarding this matter. Please refer to that email for any further assistance on this case.

Best Regards,

Kari S.

Specialist II, Executive Guest Services

CC: 9220696

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I am having work done in my house, so I planned to stay at Quality Inn in East Haven Ct for 4 nights, I obtained a rate of $360 plus change for four nights. The people working on my house then said I might be able to go back to my house, so I only booked 2 nights. I am sitting in my Quality Inn room as I type this, I called the front desk to extend my stay, because as of now I can go back home Sunday AM, they want a higher rate now, so I called the 800 number and they also wanted a higher rate for the room I'm already in. I can't believe they would rather have me check out than give me the rate I already had. They said, "Sorry have a good night." I'm sorry too. I will never stay in a Choice Hotel again!!! I too was a long time user of Choice Hotels, not anymore! And that free night using points, never happened, what a farce.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2018

1st of all it started off on the wrong foot by being charged $4 more than my email confirmation stated. That should have been enough warning. Then within the 2 hours I was in the room I found someone else shorts behind the bathroom door and long hairs all on the shower walls. Which tells me the room wasn't cleaned properly, even if at all.

My 1st instinct was to ask for another room, but when in the lobby after hearing another guest asking for a room change due to unclean conditions I decided to check out since it appears that was common of their rooms. I was told I couldn't get a refund because now they couldn't rent the room to anyone else. The way I see it the room wasn't fit to be rented to me.

When telling this to the hotel GM he kept interrupting me without hearing my whole story, I said, "Dammit please just hear me out." (Yes I shouldn't have said that, but he wasn't listening, Then he said ** you and hung up. That was totally appalling.) When calling customer support franchise they weren't any help. So I would suggest staying away from Choice Hotels. Especially the one in Clinton SC... but with no remorse or help from corporate, I would suggest away from the whole brand.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I specifically stayed with Choice Hotels during business in the past year to take advantage of a rewards promotion that promised enough points for a $50 gift card with just a few nights. I accrued the points without problem, but never received a gift card. Initially I was told to wait 4-6 weeks. Then I was told it wasn't their problem. There's no tracking number, and I haven't received any mail from them. It's unclear if they actually dispatch rewards, and considering they doubled the point requirements for gift cards recently it seems likely they weren't happy with how many people sought redemptions and fudged the whole thing, knowing that they were technically not liable for things "lost in the mail". They won't restore the points or cancel the gift card and aren't particularly gracious about any of this. Stick with another hotel chain.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

An absolutely atrocious hotel, avoid at all costs. My wife and I were traveling from Chicago to NE Tennessee with our infant. We checked into the hotel room, started emptying luggage and went for dinner. Came back, wife went to use the bathroom. The toilet still had a previous poop, I felt like we were in a 3rd world country and it was smeared all over the toilet bowl. Plus there was dog or cat food on the floor which we noticed when we were packing up the first room.

They gave us a new room, but blamed their cleaning staff for this problem. I never did receive a survey which their corporate office says is randomly sent to people. I have never received one in 9 stays this year at various Choice Hotels. Do not believe any of the reviews as they will be cherry picked. Also, in the first room, my wife accidentally left her night splint gloves, which the hotel said they mailed back to us, 14 days later, nothing, no tracking number. When I called customer service, they offered me 3,000 points which I respectfully declined. I have a case number opened for follow up, but please avoid this particular hotel at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Choice Hotels- Guaranteed lowest price -I don't think so! I made a reservation in April for 2 rooms for 5 nights at the Carmel Oaks a Clarion Hotel which is part of Choice Hotels. I received a reservation confirmation that stated I could cancel any time prior to 9/8/18. On Sept 4th I cancelled one of the rooms and received an updated confirmation. The new confirmation was for the remaining room with an increase of over $400.00 for the 5 days.

I then called the Choice Hotels reservations to find out why they changed the price and was told they would start an investigation that would take 7-10 days. After several more calls I was told that they could do nothing about it and the General Manager at the hotel would have to agree to make the change. I called the hotel and left a message for the GM and he did not return my call. In my opinion they have no ethics and could care less about the customer. My Recommendation: Do not book a room with Choice Hotels and NEVER stay at the Carmel Oaks in Carmel, CA. PS. I cancelled my remaining room and made a reservation at a Best Western with a better price and location.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I cannot give a 0, or else I would. They give offers of stay nights get one free. When it's off points system. You get 6,000 points to use on a stay which you cannot book free a free stay anywhere with those little of points. Lowest points to book is 25,000. Of course this was not told to me when I booked stays for this promotion. I spent from 10 am to 3 pm on phone to them today. Talked to over 24 different people with them finally tired of me and told me to just to call actual hotels and complain. Do not support any Choice Hotels.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

I made a reservation at their Quality Inn in Champaign, IL with 6,000 points & $15 dollars. Next day I canceled it & made another one for the next day instead, same thing, 6,000 points $15 dollars. Ended up canceling it too. When I checked my bank account I noticed they had not refunded any of the money. So I called them to ask why. They said, "We give it back in points instead." I said, "But you haven't. I don't have any more points now than I did before." I first made either one of the reservations. They argued with me about it. I told them, "I know how many points I had, & they are still the same I'm telling you."

Finally I said, put this in your report, you will never rip me off for another dime, as I will never step foot on another one of your properties again. Money hungry bunch of thieves. The last one of their hotels I stay in, in MT. Vernon IL, the maid purposely hung a filthy rag back up for clean because she was angry with the owner for not giving her a promotion. & I without realizing it in time, used it to sponge bath & contacted a bladder infection. Nice huh?!! There are better, way more honest, not so greedy and cooked hotels around. Stay away from this horrible company!

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I was lied to on the phone and when I called back and emailed got hung up on once and ignored by email. Extremely unhelpful. After waiting 30 min hold again. Never deal with them. They are useless and a major waste of your time.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

While booking a room online I was charged 3 times for the same room. After calling customer service I was told not to worry I won't be charged. Well lo and behold I was charged, some days after no refund I call customer service again and after having being transferred from agent to agent back to the same department I had to ask for a manager whom finds my extra charges AT LAST!!! So after 30 minutes the first call and 2 hours the second time I still gotta wait 3-5 days for my money to be returned (almost 2 weeks total). So I'm booking elsewhere now on out. Oh they got their points back ASAP. Wish I had my money ASAP. Nice job Choice.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

We have been customers for over 10 years. We book rooms all over the Southeast and have at least 3-4 rooms a week. We have spent way over 6 figures with this company. Someone hacked into our account online and booked 5 rooms at the Clarion Inn in Atlanta. They never showed up. we lost 240,000 points because of this. We never book online - always call to make reservations. Choice will not give our points back to us, even though we did not book this. We spoke to probably 5 different people (after holding on the phone for over an hour) and they would not budge. Guess what??? Choice has lost us as a customer after all these years. They are rude and do not care about their guests.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

After over four years of their so-called rewards plan I have yet to get a single free night or any alleged benefits. In addition in my latest stay the hotel lied about amenities and refused to accept my points. Their room had bugs, blood stains on sheets, no Internet service as advertised and the place was shabby, yet they charged top dollar. Several written complaints to corporate HQ were responded to with lies about an alleged investigation that apparently never occurred as to this date, over a month later, I have yet to get a reply. I will never patronize one of their hotels again.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2018

I consider myself tech savvy, and your website, combined with your business practices really screwed me over tonight. I used Google Maps to search for a hotel earlier in the day, and booked it thru your website. OF COURSE I wanted it for the same day, but your website pulled a cute, little stunt and set the reservation date to a MONTH in advance, and the best part? You snuck in another little trick - "*no refunds, teehee! ". I'm now stuck in a small town, Starbucks parking lot, 800+ miles from home at 1:40 in the morning, and I'm going to share my discomfort with you. I need only to point out your "no refunds" policy for something made within 24 hours and a month in advance to highlight your parasitic lack of character in business.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I travel quite a bit on business and a Choice reward privilege member. I have read some of the bad reviews but my experience has been quite the opposite. All of the ones I have stayed in have been clean and the hotel staff has been friendly. I have had a couple of issues but were corrected quickly. The breakfast is okay, I usually just have fruit and yogurt but they offer eggs, bacon, ham, or sausage, biscuits and gravy, waffles, toast, cereal, juice, and coffee. It is free so why would anyone complain about it. The reward program is great. I receive free nights, gift cards, and extras through the rewards program. You also get room discounts through AAA, AARP, and some others. All in all a pretty sweet deal.

Original review: July 27, 2018

I made a reservation through Choice Hotels. I then had to cancel, which I did. I received a text less than 18 hours before my check in time to remind me of my reservation. I had canceled it a month earlier. I went online which was useless. I called the customer service line and was spoken to in such a condescending manner, put on hold several times, disconnected on their end while being on hold. In the end I was on with Choice for nearly two hours. The customer service agents did not listen, interrupted me, basically told me I would have to paid the nearly 800 bucks for the several days of room that I had cancelled well before the cut off to cancel without penalty. I was lied to by one guy, given totally wrong information by a couple of others then lied to again by another women. Everyone said that there was nothing that could be done since I paid in advance.

I did not pay in advance. I specifically pick pay when you stay and no penalty cancellation options. Even if I had paid in advance, I should not have to pay if I followed the rules for cancellation. Then this woman put me on hold telling me she was going to speak with the hotel directly. After a long hold she got back to me and told me that they said they could do nothing at their end. I asked for a number so I could speak with hotel manager, she told me that the hotel manager would not be in until the next day, after my check in time. Her answers were always, "I dunno, I can't do anything about that, I am not in a position to help you with that," basically the most useless customer service person ever. I could not stand being on with them any longer and my phone was going dead so I got off the phone.

I managed to get the number to the hotel and a really nice clerk told me what had happened. I cancelled my reservation, they had a record of it, but apparently, the reservation system recreated it!!! (Without my consent or knowledge.) He talked with the hotel manager and then fixed the problem and confirmed that I would not be responsible for even one penny... Unlike the choice agents told me the only option was to waste nearly 800 dollars for a hotel room I would not be at. The clerk sounded really young yet he was efficient and polite, unlike the customer service professionals who were not efficient, honest or polite. What is the point of Choice Hotels??? They do nothing. I have never ever received any kind of benefit. Somehow my stays in the past always disappear and I am never ever eligible for a free night, or a gift card or anything. Choice Hotels is a useless, misleading, dishonest company.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Choice Hotels sent me an email stating I would receive a $50 gift card for staying twice and the cost would be 8000 points. When I logged in I mistakenly applied for a $100 gift card and was sent a message that the transaction was invalid. I then applied for a $50 gift card. Choice then deducted 32000 points from my account. When I contacted Choice to rectify the matter the answer was basically, "Too bad." This is a company that is not friendly to even loyal customers. Beware.

Choice Hotels response

Dear William,

Thank you for your feedback. We take these matters very seriously and we would be happy to assist anyone with their Choice Privileges account. If you would be so kind as to private message us at crexecutive@choicehotels.com with your Choice Privileges member number and any pertinent details, we can check into this for you. It would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kari S.

Executive Guest Services

CC: 9154865

Original review: July 22, 2018

Bathtub faucet didnt work. Staff that checked us in was rude. He talked to me and my wife like we were idiots because he didnt know how to program a door key properly. Way overpriced. Cost us 95.28 for 1 night, found dirty panties behind nightstand.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Rodeway Inn Beloit, Wisconsin - I made a reservation on the Choice Hotels website. The reservation was for July 13-15th. I arrived late on the evening of the 13th. It took over a half hour to check in. I was assigned to room 145. I went to that room, opened the door, and the bed had clearly been slept in. I went back to the front desk and advised that I would need a different room. I was told that they were sold out and did not have another room for me. At this point, another guest arrived at the front desk and held out his phone to show pictures of bed bugs that he found in his room. I said I wanted to be put up in another hotel and asked that they make the arrangements for me. I was told that "I'm new. I don't know how to do that and I don't have a manager's number to reach to ask them."

I call the Choice Hotel reservation line and explain that I need them to put me up in another hotel. I was told that there were not any hotels in the area. It was then suggested to me that I sleep in my car and contact their customer service line when they are open. I was also told that they would be happy to cancel my reservation, but I would have to pay a cancellation fee in order to do so. I was told they would not contact another hotel on my behalf because it was not their policy. I could pay out of pocket for another hotel and submit for reimbursement, but they would decide if it would be reimbursable after I submitted it. I'm not going to risk that.

At 1:30 in the morning, I drove 130 miles back home, slept for 2 hours, and drove 130 miles back to be at my meeting in time. I emailed the general manager and asked for a full refund as well as reimbursement for my tank of gasoline that I used driving 260 miles that I didn't have to drive. The general manager emailed me back letting me know that she was doing me a favor by refunding me because I had a reservation that was non-refundable, non-cancelable. She did not say anything about reimbursing me for my additional out of pocket expenses. I do not feel that I am being unreasonable in asking for that compensation. I will never stay at a Choice Hotel again. It has been too much of a nightmare dealing with them. To be told to sleep in my car is beyond unacceptable. There is no way they provide any customer service.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I made a reservation in April in Lawrence, Kansas for my son's wedding in July. I was diagnosed with cancer in June. I called the hotel and asked if I could change the reservation from Thursday-Wednesday to Friday-Sunday. They said I had to call the 888 reservations number. The first time I called I was on the phone 45 minutes and put on hold several times. They hung up on me at the 48 minute mark. I tried to call back and the representative told me "sorry no changes, you already paid for it!" I will never deal or stay with a Choice hotel again. I usually go through hotels.com and I made a huge mistake trying to get a better deal. Customer Service will win over price every day for me.

Choice Hotels Company Information