3.2/5 (120 ratings)

About Choice Hotels

Choice Hotels Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Choice Hotels?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

As a former Concierge and having spent 25 plus years booking hotel, flight and rental car reservations, I know a thing or two about making a reservation. This website and the bait and switch are horrendous. Had used them a little over 2 years ago as the location my Husband was doing a project only had Choice Hotels or Motel 6. Website was easy to use and never had an issue. Needed to book a single night stay, and clicked on the "pay at check in" tab. This apparently directed me to the PAY NOW tab, and I reserved a room. NO WAY did I expect to be rerouted to this selection. Discovered this when I went to modify the date of the stay.

Duplicated the issue a second time, just to make sure it was not my mistake. Did not book the room, but saw the site direct me to this tab. Called the Guest Service number only to be on hold for 20 minutes. Sent a note on social media- NO response. Sent a private message on social media. No response. Looks like this company has lost a customer. As a Lifetime Elite Titanium with Marriott, he will be staying with them. Glad Choice screwed up this badly. The next 6 plus months of hotel stays that would be over 15k will be going to Marriott. NEVER AGAIN. Hope the $100 you screwed me out of was worth it. Will also be glad to tell EVERYONE that I know who travels NOT to stay at your properties.

Choice Hotels response

That is upsetting to hear and certainly, something we do not condone. We sincerely care about our valued members and the feedback provided by them. How can we fix this perception? Tell us more about these incidents because we want to address them ASAP. Please send us a private message with all the details, along with the confirmation numbers, arrival dates, hotels' names and addresses, and the name on the reservations. We're here for you. -Ed

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I stayed the number of qualifying nights for the 50$ gift card this past summer but never received it and when I called they said the offer requires you to call them back and confirm an address within 60 days of their offer expiring. What a crock. I didn't move and have been a Choice Privilege member since 2012. They have my address-- just an excuse not to have fulfill their promotion. Done with them.

Choice Hotels response

Hi, Beth! My team and I would like to have an opportunity to look more into this. Can you please send us a PM with your full name, Choice Privileges #, mailing address, phone #, and email address? We hope to hear from you soon! -Fernando

Original review: Oct. 21, 2021

I have been a loyal Diamond member with Choice Hotels since 2007. I booked a suite in Shepherdsville KY for October 8th 2021 using points. After checking in we tried to enter the room to find out the inner latch was activated/locked meaning someone was in the room. When we went back to the front desk the young man was very apologetic and informed us that he had mistakenly given our room to someone else. He called his manager, they did give us another room that only had two double beds. We had three in our party. All other hotels in the area had no vacancy. We had to make it work and my son slept on the floor. After speaking to the manager who was very gracious said she would return all the points and offered a free night if we were ever in the area again.

The following week I got on the Choice Website to see if the points had been credited back. When I accessed my account I was shocked to see that the 750,000 points I had accumulated were down to 50,000. I immediately called Choice Hotel Corporate Customer Service. After several calls that were at least 20-30 minutes each and being disconnected I was finally able to speak with someone. As I write this I am still furious, it has been over one week and NO response. Choice Hotels allowed a hacker to get into my account, steal over 750,000 points and charge almost $1,000 on my credit card. They had me change my email and user name four times. Within minutes the rest of my points were stolen.

I requested that they change my account number and username several times. It has been one week, they have still not done anything. They continue to inform me that it is under investigation. Is it Rocket Science to determine that either someone internal or a hacker has access to my account and is able to change my email and password? They also now have access to my home address and phone number but yet Choice Hotel chooses to leave my account open. Common sense would be to close my account, give me a new account number and user ID while they conduct their so called "Investigation" While they allow someone else to access my account, I CAN NOT!

I had to call and ask what hotels I had scheduled and where in order to cancel (as my access to MY account is shut down, but accessibility is allowed to the hacker or internal thieves). I was not able to book any.... and they were not able to tell me when I would be able to book any future reservations. This is customer service? Unacceptable and incompetent Corporate Customer Service. I did not have to choose to switch to another hotel, they forced me to. I am confident that the hotel chain I have switched to will have much better security, better hotels, better employees, and corporate customer service representatives who care and appreciate their guests.

Choice Hotels response

We can understand why you’d be upset, Andy! Could you provide us in a private message the name on the reservation, confirmation number, and hotel address to investigate this further? Also, please include your Elite Diamond ID, mailing address, email, phone number, and full name as it is on your account. We hope to be hearing more from you soon. ~ Jeremiah

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

Booked thru Hopper but Hotel was substandard. Many problems I'll list later but the main thing is there was no COLD (yes cold) water so you could not take a shower for fear of getting burned. Even the toilet had hot water. We checked out the next morning and they said they would send the credit to Hopper. There was no way to contact Hopper. Their website, App, and phone number say you must request a refund on their APP but the button they direct you to on the app to file is not there. I posted a separate review for Hopper. The Hotel has been unhelpful in giving me a number to contact Hopper which they MUST HAVE to deal with billing issues. Multiple calls with the general manager and manager at the hotel. They couldn't even give me the dollar amount of the credit. It is now 21 days and no credit.

I contacted my Visa company who is getting my credit for me. I then contacted Choice to complain about the hotel. She told me that I was credited for 1 night, not two. The hotel charged me for a second night that we did not stay. She said it was because we did not tell them the day before we were checking out. I guess we needed ESP to know there would be no cold water. I called three days later and the engineer was still working on the water problem. They never gave us a statement when we checked out but we did get a survey request.

Smaller Problems: They told my wife the restaurant was open when she called but found out it was closed Sunday thru Thursday. They told her the subway was a block and a half away. It was 4 blocks, 2 down and 2 across. They said parking was $45 a day with in/out privileges or $53 for self-parking nearby. If you drove into the same lot underneath it was only $30 with an elevator up to the hotel. They wanted $15 a day to bill it thru the hotel. The AC had to be set to 68 just to get the room to 74 and it was cool outside. Now the small stuff. 1/2 roll of TP in the room, had to call the desk. Two tv's but no remote, had to call the desk. No water cups in the bathroom, one coffee cup, two pods, one creamer. I guess they wanted us to share. Bottom of fridge kept filling with condensation and needed to be dried up constantly. I would never recommend this hotel.

Choice Hotels response

Michael! We sincerely care about our comments and feedback. Our inbox remains open any time you need to.

Ray

Choice Hotels International

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

I have be a Diamond Choice Hotel member for years. I booked a trip to California through the my choice ap and held the reservation like I had done numerous times. At the conclusion of our trip, I elected to pay with cash. My wife and I then traveled to Mexico for 2 months. When I came back, I noticed the charge had been processed on my credit card. I tried to dispute the charges, or have the days credited to my account in points. I was basically called a liar and offered 200 points for my inconvenience. The hotel we stayed at in San Diego did not provide house cleaning and I had to beg for towels. I will never stay in a Choice hotel again!

Choice Hotels response

We understand that money is a pressing matter, Timothy! We don't want to lose the chance to look into this for you. Could you be so kind and send us a private message with your confirmation number, arrival date, and name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow up. Kind regards, Numas.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

Horrible service. Scammed my credit card. Now saying I’ll be charged because they have a 30 day cancellation policy. What?!! Then they said, "We also cancelled your room (that I never got)" and still charged my card 460$!!! BUYER BEWARE.

Choice Hotels response

I wish you didn't have to go through that, Sandi! We know how important it is for you to have your money back. Feel free to send us a private message with more details about the charges, along with your date of arrival, name on the reservation, hotel address, and confirmation number. Once we have the information, we will follow up more on this matter.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

The app is ok but doesn't update a lot. I have had to pay for our room 2 times now. I have called customer service denied a sup. Then when I did get them was told there was nothing they could do and then was hung up on 3 times. This has left us in a bind and it's the worst experience I've had. I will not deal with them again after this. I have spent way too much as a diamond member and to be treated like this.

Choice Hotels response

Certainly, what you have described is not the experience we aim to deliver to our guests, April. My team and I would like to look more into this situation. Can you please send us a private message with more details of what occurred, along with your confirmation number, date of arrival, hotel's name and address, and name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow up accordingly. -Ed

Original review: Aug. 26, 2021

I participated in the promotion for booking 2 nights to redeem a $50 Amazon Gift Card. I actually booked more than 4 nights during my cross country road trip. I never received the $50 Amazon Gift Card. The first time I called was a few weeks after the redemption. The customer service rep told me it takes 4 to 6 weeks for the card to be delivered. I called back today after more than 6 weeks, the new customer service rep told me the redemption department told him the card was delivered within a week of the redemption and the $50 Amazon Gift Card has already been redeemed and was not able to provide a tracking number for the mail. I told him that was impossible since nobody can steal my mail. My mail slot goes directly into my house. He said there was nothing more he can do. I ended the call telling him they just lost a big customer to their Choice Hotels chain due to this SCAM!!!

Choice Hotels response

We appreciate you're bringing this to our attention, Chi! We would like to take a closer look at it. For your account security, please send us a private message with your full name, email, and mailing address associated with your account. Thank you for reaching out, and we will be on the lookout for your reply! -Ed

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

I have read many reviews for Choice Hotels. The standard response is, 'Private message us, we will get back to you.' Does anybody actually get resolution to their complaints? Not all properties are created equal. But given the number of terrible complaints, there are MANY Choice Hotels that are terrible. Uninhabitable comes to mind. I keep reading that 'We have strict performance standards for our properties.' Well, no you don't. Who is reviewing these properties? (Because I am a frequent traveler and I would be happy to take on that job. Going to every single Choice Hotel and deciding if they stay with the brand or not.)

A friend is going through this at the moment. Truly awful hotel and nobody is responding. Same issues, garbage everywhere (in the halls,) mold, damaged room, no towels etc.. Someone was walking through the hall with a gun last night! How is this acceptable for any hotel? I will say, that I have stayed in Choice Hotels and did not have a bad experience. Two Cambria hotels were some of the nicest (price, value, amenities,) that I have stayed in. Everything was done right. Very comfortable properties. Certainly not the most expensive places I have stayed, but good solid hotels that I would highly recommend. I would rate them both as excellent! Would go out of my way to stay at another Cambria property.

Problems happen, how you deal with them is what we look for in Customer Service. Customer service is not a department, it is a state of mind. The difficult choice (no pun intended,) is immediately removing some of these properties from the brand. To save the leg, sometimes you have to cut off the foot. The sooner you do it, the better your chance for survival.

Choice Hotels response

Thank you for your honest feedback, Greg. Please be assured that every complaint is handled internally between the corporate and hotel management. Please tell your friend to send us a private message through this channel including more details about the experience along with the hotel's address, date of arrival, confirmation number, and the name on the reservation. We'll be on the expectation of his message.

Zaira

Choice Hotels International

Original review: July 23, 2021

I believe I left Elevate Hotel in Ruidoso NM all a pretty good review yet your GM Dharmi ** did not like it so he emailed me to call him. I stand by my comments that people were throwing darts and drinking beer behind the hotel one night. I may have thought they were employees but even so it happened. I told him to go back and watch the video again as he has cameras everywhere. He kept cutting me off as I was trying to speak and was very rude because he did not like my true remarks. I liked the hotel very much as we stayed there for a week, except for the darts and the beer drinking. I stand by what I saw as I do not have time to invent stories. I think you travelers should be warned that if you tell the truth in a hotel review the GM will yell at you later! This happened in July 2021 at Elevate Hotel Ruidoso NM.

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Elvira! We take claims like this seriously since every guest should feel comfortable and respected at each of our franchising partners. While we don't necessarily oversee the day-to-day operations, staff performance is an attribute we would not want to miss addressing. When your time allows, please reply through a private message with the hotel's address, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation. We'll be waiting for your message to follow up accordingly. -Zaira

Original review: July 18, 2021

I booked a hot tub in my room with a king bed and got a 2 double beds and no hot tub, no apologies and no one even cared, got shocked with the hair dryer and it almost caught fire and they could not supply me with another hair dryer and again they did not care. Toilet would not flush, beds are horrible, staff is a joke. I never ever complain, so let me say this was bad for me to be this upset. Breakfast was even a bigger joke, do not expect much and don’t expect it to be edible. Had to ask for a print out of my bill, they did not supply me with that until I asked.

They had us marked down for another room and put us in a different room because they have some else our room even after I called ahead to tell them we are arriving a little later. Called main customer service and still could not help me at all. Offered us 2000 point and they must really be kidding to think we would ever stay in another Choice hotel. I will sleep in my car before that will ever happen again. Piss poor customer service, worst I have ever seen. Rhonda **

Original review: July 17, 2021

On my third night during my 2 week stay I dropped my phone under the bed. I look under the bed and found molded food and lots of trash under the bed. I took pictures to show the hotel front desk guy and he gave me the excuse that when the maids are vacuuming, sometimes they push the trash under the beds with the vacuum cleaner. I told him that’s not the proper way to clean something. And he said he was going to send a maid in the morning. What I don’t understand is why write me off as if I’m in the wrong or don’t know what I’m talking about. I don’t know that I am willing to book with this property again let alone with Choice Hotels. I travel and book here for work. Up until now I don’t know that I want to book with them again.

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Tyler! While every claim is taken seriously, please know that our hotels undergo rigorous performance checks. To hear that this partner has come in far under expectation is not something we are proud to learn. My team and I would like a chance to connect with you further to ensure the relevant teams are brought in the loop for addressing this more appropriately. Send us a private message with the hotel address, arrival date, confirmation number, and the name on the reservation. -Zaira

Original review: July 15, 2021

In June, I booked 2 nights in July at a Quality Inn in Niagara Falls, Ontario. A short time later, I discovered that the Canadian border was closed and I would be unable to get to this hotel. When I contacted Choice Hotels to cancel my reservation, they told me I could not because I had gotten an Advanced Purchase Rate which is not cancellable. Even now, there is no information on their Website that the Canadian border is closed. The Choice Hotel system should not have allowed this reservation to be made. By doing so, they perpetrated a fraudulent transaction because it cannot be fulfilled.

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Stephen! Thank you very much for contacting us. We are disappointed to learn about the issues encountered with your stay. Feel free to send us a private message with your confirmation number, date of arrival, and name on the reservation, so we can follow up accordingly. Hope to hear from you soon. ~Joe

Original review: July 13, 2021

I booked Comfort Inn & Suites Dallas Medical-Market Center on June 25 to June 27 on Booking.com. I and a guest stayed 2 nights and departed Sunday. When leaving I stopped at the front desk for my invoice. I commented on how bad the parking was at this site with the staff. When I receive my credit card statement there was additional charge for $150.00. I called the hotel and said a blanket was stolen. I'm a 66 yo senior and I don't steal. I have no use for a hotel blanket nor would take something that doesn't belong to me. I called the Dallas Choice Hotel & Headquarters to register my complaint. Also the credit card company. I believe others should know of this hotel. I'm not sure, but my guess is the blanket was in the laundry and wasn't replaced before I arrived.

Choice Hotels response

Oh wow, Charles! That is not the experience we strive to provide to our guests. We would like to investigate this further. Can you please send us a private message with the full name on the reservation? We'll be waiting for your response. -Numas

Resolution response: Aug. 2, 2021

The customer service department refused to give me the 50 dollar gift card in their email that is promised if you have 2 stays in their hotels. I got an attorney and it was settled. They had to pay my attorney fees, give me my gift card, refund me for my 2 stays, as well as give me 500 dollars plus one week stay of my choice at Choice hotels. If they are not allowing you to cash in your points or giving you your gift cards, get an attorney. They are liars. But I won.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I got an email for a 50 dollar gift card after 2 stays in a Choice hotel. I got the same one last year but I misread the requirements to obtain the gift card so I dismissed it. This year, I followed the directions correctly and was told I did not qualify. There was nothing written on the website or email that said I couldn't stay at the same hotel 2 different stays in order to obtain the gift card. On top of that, my first reservation came to $19.28 when it wrung up in my app and I paid. These people are sending coupons to people just so they spend their money but are not giving what's promised.

My credit card says 180 dollars is charged and they act like they don't understand even though I screenshot the purchase. This is only the beginning of my journey of reporting these people. Especially after all of the reviews I have read and printed out of other people having the same experience. I'm going to call Good Morning America, file a report with the Better Business Bureau, call an attorney, write the Washington Post, and anything I can do to hold them accountable.

Choice Hotels response

Thank you for replying. We'd like you to know that Choice Hotels respect any further actions you decide to take. In case you change your mind, remember that our inbox will remain available for assistance. Thank you for your valuable time. -Zaira

Original review: July 6, 2021

The program is a joke. No matter how many points you earn it isn't enough. There is always a reason that you don't have enough points. When I first joined you got a free stay for every so many nights. Over time, it became more and more difficult to benefit from the "rewards" program. The hotels are fine. No better or worse than others. The cost is comparable to other hotels. Just don't expect anything for the "rewards" program. The "rewards" program is really nothing more than a bait and switch scam.

Choice Hotels response

Hi, Russell! Please know, our rewards night range is from 8,000 to 35,000 points per night and varies based on weekends, holidays, and events in the area. Therefore, we'd like to review your account to make sure you have the right points. Please send us a private message with your member #, mailing address, email, and phone number. -Numas

Original review: July 6, 2021

Been trying to find a resolution to my problem only to be on hold forever for multiple days… I booked a stay at the Rodeway Inn in Mt Pleasant NJ July 2-5 room 103. We arrived in the lobby and was greeted by a hideous smell, paid for the room and went to the room only to find it was disgusting, bloodstains on the carpet (major health issue) as well as rotting drywall, inadequate lamps and chairs, a bathroom door that look like someone beat on it, dirty bathroom, no outlets so my son plugged the microwave into the bAthroom socket, we checked for bed bugs only to find the mattress looked like it was a home for rats,

I tried to change rooms only to find out I would have to pay a extra 60 dollars, and I wasn’t giving the place another penny so seeing as there were no vacancies at the nearby hotels we opted to stay, I didn’t want my son walking barefoot. The floors were so disgusting, total health hazard, this is not what I paid over 700 dollars for, I recently lost my job and this motel ruined my vacation which I was looking forward to for years, Saturday night we had people above us playing loud music and talking loud at 4am. Also people outside in the pool area partying and disturbing the peace, so I took it upon myself to call the police who I knew would handle the situation better than the hotel staff, this is not what a vacation should be and the false advertising on booking.com failed to show the true reality of the rooms at the rodeway inn, I’m looking for a full or partial refund of the over 700 I paid, awful awful company.

Choice Hotels response

Oh wow, Talia! We are surprised to see the pictures you sent us about one of our properties; certainly, that is not the experience we aim to provide to our guests. My team and I are keen to look more into this for you; to do so, can you send us a private message with your confirmation number and name on the reservation? Once we have this information, we are going to follow-up accordingly. -Numas.

Original review: July 5, 2021

I have stayed at Choice Hotels for years and am 100% done unless they rectify their terrible, outsourced customer service. Over two hours spent talking to multiple customer service representatives on the phone with still no solution in sight. Impossible to talk to a customer service manager with any sort of discretion or authority. As a customer service based professional, I am beyond appalled. Their lack of concern and response is criminal and unprofessional.

Choice Hotels response

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us, Sara. We certainly strive for your experience to be superior at your first point of contact and sincerely apologize that your concerns were not resolved efficiently. We'd like to have the opportunity to assist you through this channel. Please send us a private message with a more detailed description of your inquiry, member number, phone number, email, and mailing address. We hope to hear more from you. -Jendy

Original review: July 1, 2021

I disappointed about the points disappearance I purchased for Choice Hotels. I am told my points disappeared because they were expired within 18 months. I believe this is unfair for customers due to the pandemic limiting our travel possibilities. All of my hotel points, free certificates and even other daily getaway points that I purchased for other hotels were extended due to the pandemic besides Choice Hotels.

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Cleo! Thank you very much for contacting us. Definitely, we understand how important is to get your points back. Our team would love to have a chance to review your account, so when you have a moment, please send us a private message with your membership number, email, mailing address, and phone number. Hope to hear from you soon. ~Joe

Original review: June 28, 2021

Comfort Suites in Nacogdoches, TX in terrible condition! No ice, broken tv, stains on bed linens, dusty curtains, dripping toilet, no shower pressure, shabby furniture with several nasty stains, hall carpet torn in several spots & filthy dirty carpet near elevator, paid for two days, left after one, Choice Hotels absolutely no help getting a refund & motel manager gave no response to my refund request. Used to be a loyal Choice customer; not anymore!

Choice Hotels response

Hi, Jon! Your disappointment with your recent experience is entirely understandable. Please know, Choice Hotels encourages each hotel within our system to deliver satisfaction, comfort, and value to every guest during their stay. My team and I would like to have a second chance to review your case and show you how much we care about your business. When time allows, please send us a private message with your confirmation number, arrival date, and the name on the reservation. We sincerely hope to

Original review: June 28, 2021

I reserved a room via Choice Hotels website at the Sleep Inn in Fayetteville, NC on Cedar Creek Rd. The first room I stayed in had "fleas", I was constantly itching & the carpet was visibly dirty. I requested to change rooms, I was moved to another room. I wanted to check out all together, but was told I would lose money on the 2nd night that was already paid for. I was charged a $50 incidental fee. Typically, a fee is charged if there is damage to a room, there was no damage to the room I stayed in. I was told I would get my $50 back, to date I have not, it has been a week now.

Every time I call the Hotel, they claim they will have the Manager call me, the Manager has never called back. They actually need to refund ALL my money back, for all the inconvenience I experienced while staying at this place. They are also doing renovations, so you hear banging & hammering all day, you can't really rest. I suggest finish renovating, then re-open the Hotel. I am sure the Hotel still wants to make money while renovating, it makes for a very unpleasant stay for guests.

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Kelly! It's disappointing to hear about the housekeeping issues experienced in one of our franchisees. To better assist you, can you please send us a private message with your full name, confirmation number, and date of arrival? We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Liz

Choice Hotels International

Original review: June 22, 2021

Made reservations for family reunion coming up in july. Made one using all rewards points for ourselves. Second one for son using some of our points plus cash. After choosing points plus cash, selecting king size room, clicked to reserve room.. Their website proceeds to next page which shows ALL POINTS...NO CASH! So of course thinking I messed up, cancelled IMMEDIATELY. Redid reservation..Same results!

Called Choice immediately, was told well that's the way it's set up, and when actually stay, only 12000 (6000 per night), would be deducted, and then rest in cash would be charged to card. That is deceitful!!! They refused to refund my 96.00 charge on the cancelled reservation..Therefore now we are using up 12000 points and paying 182 for a room for 2 nights!!! Will never stay at choice after this again and will tell everyone our experiences!! It's not like these motels are 5 star! I have contacted BBB, my credit card company, and will be contacting our attorney to resolve this issue! This is scamming people and deceiving people the way they have their website set up!!!!

Choice Hotels response

Hi, Nancy! We can understand your disappointment about this situation. We would like to document your experience and shared it with the appropriate parties within Choice Hotels. To do so, please send us a private message with your member number, full name, mailing address, email, and phone number, Also, include the confirmation number, and the arrival date on the reservation. We will be waiting for your response. Regards, Numas.

Numas

Choice Hotels International

Original review: June 19, 2021

Made a reservation using a combination of my points and cash. I canceled the reservation way within the allowable period. I have not been refunded my cash, instead they refunded it in a form of points which I was not and am not interested in. When I called them and spoke to an agent I was told that although the reservation was "cancellable" it was not "refundable". This is nothing less than outrageous! I will pursue this in any legal form available and WILL NEVER stay in any of this bottom of the barrel chain of hotels ever again!

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Arnon! Thank you for contacting us with your concern regarding your reservation. My team would like to take a look at your case. When your time allows, please send us a private message with the confirmation number, hotel's address, date of arrival, and the name on the reservation. We hope to hear back from you! -Zaira

Original review: June 16, 2021

This review is exclusive to the single site location, and therefore not indicative of other locations. My wife and I booked a three-night stay at this location, king sized room. The room itself is smaller than expected from descriptions online, and though we have made numerous attempts to work with motel staff there is no wifi available in our wing of the building. The "Free Continental Breakfast" was completely unavailable, to the point that the dining area is an apparent construction zone. The room itself was NOT properly cleaned from the previous guest, as there were cup lids and straws easily visible beside the bed.

While it is not directly the fault of the facility, nor of the staff, our upstairs neighbors were extremely rude, stomping and running in their room, slamming doors, and carrying on well into the evening. Attempts to reach office staff regarding the noise went unanswered, and we gave up trying after fifteen minutes. We haven't had this bad of an experience at any Choice chain facility before, and regard this as a generally one-off event, but this location is extremely poorly run.

Choice Hotels response

Hi there! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is disappointing to learn about this poor encounter. We are eager to step in and help. Please send us a private message with your booking information. We'll need the name on the reservation, date of arrival, and confirmation number. Also, include more details of the issues encounter. After this information is received, we would share your concerns with the hotel owner. Hope to hear from you soon. -Grettel

Original review: May 30, 2021

I recently had a confirmed reservation for a handicap room at a Comfort Suites in Houston. I booked this specific room because I have a neuromuscular movement disorder that prevents me from getting into a bathtub. The room I reserved is the only room with a roll-in (walk-in) shower. I have stayed at this hotel before and found that I was easily able to use the shower in that particular room. When we arrived at the hotel after driving 1,300 miles in two days, we were informed that the room was not available because the hotel had allowed the prior tenant to extend their stay. They would not honor my confirmed reservation. The only thing that they did was give us a different room with a bathtub - so I was unable to take a shower for 5 days. Not very pleasant. This is one of my worst hotel experiences in 60 years of traveling.

Choice Hotels response

Your disappointment with your recent experience is entirely understandable, Paul! Thank you so much for taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. To notify hotel management and ownership, could you please send us a private message with your confirmation number, arrival date, and the name on the reservation? Once we get this information, we'll follow up accordingly. -Jendy

Original review: May 8, 2021

Do not support Choice Hotels. The Standards of even "Decent" Hospitality aren't even present in their hotels. I am very disappointed with the Hospitality Industry today. This is why people have started making hotels in their Homes via Airbnb. The Human Nature of Being Nice and Caring about the Customers of your Business have left these Hotels. Guests spend their money in a hotel to rest. It is suppose to be like a Second Home and have the comfortable feel of a Home Away From Home. I have worked in the Hospitality Industry for years and I have been trained to make Guests feel Welcomed and Right At Home because that promotes Good Branding which Increases Revenue and Loyalty. I didn't work for the fanciest or most expensive hotels to give great service.

Today's Hospitality Industry is lacking Human Compassion and Genuine Understanding. There is something deeply missing from this industry and it shows because I have stayed in all levels of rankings in hotels yet none of their Hospitality was even a bit close to what I gave in my small establishment. I do not know if all of the Great Front Desk Representatives left the Hotel Industry to start their Own AirBnB and so this is what's left, poor service... because even in the best hotels lack decent service now and there is still something missing (Genuine Human Beings that are Friendly & Clean). It does no good to have a Quality looking establishment but the Service is Poor! The People make the Business and if the Human Interactions are not good then the Business will Fail.

I think the People are demanding for the Greed to end and to pay them for their worth... because America's service is awful now and the People are upset. If the service is awful and people will not travel from across the World to come here and get treated poorly especially if they just spent so much money to even get there... Wake Up People!

Personally, I am not working for any Company or supporting any company that treats their Employees poorly so they need to get it together. Get Caring Owners because it starts from the Head. I hope this Company does better with selecting the Franchise Owners of this Company. There are plenty of Hard-Working, Genuine, Friendly and Fair People that would love the opportunity to be Selfless and make Revenue that will help not only help themselves but their entire Country around them and promote Consistent, Clean, & Positive Experiences for Everyone to Enjoy.

Choice Hotels is not Consistent with their Hotels and that is why people do not trust the brand. They have these Franchises and they are giving them to Owners that do not care about delivering good service. Their Motives are off and it shows. World Travelers will not support a Hotel Brand that is not Consistent with caring about them especially when they are in a Foreign place and really need to see a smiling face. Retrain these Owners Immediately and make a Better Selection of who you are giving your Name too. All Money Is Not Good Money. It will hurt your business and even put you out of business if they cannot even clean your hotels properly or be nice.

Someone said they were boycotting this Brand and now I see why. I had a horrendous situation at the Comfort Inn in Chipley, Florida. I contacted the Owners of the establishment and they did nothing. I contacted the Corporate office and they did nothing. Do not allow Companies to think it is fine to take your money and treat you poorly.

These Review Platforms were created for Companies to get all feedback and help improve their business so they can continue to increase their profits and brand loyalty but somewhere along the lines, Poor Leadership, took place and the lines became blurred and they started to believe that they can treat people any type of way and still get the support of the same people... No. I am not supporting Choice Hotels anymore because where is the diversity in the Minority Owners, (there isn't). Choice Hotels deliver Poor Service, Poor Atmospheres and Poor Quality overall. Compassion, Cleanliness and Genuinely Great Service needs to be restored within these brands and until then, no one will support any of these lack luster companies.

Choice Hotels response

Hello, Shykeria! It saddens us to hear about the experience faced at one of our branded hotels. My team would like to send your feedback to the hotel directly to make improvements; can you please send us a private message with the verification of the name on the reservation, date of arrival, and your confirmation number along with more detailed information about your inquiry? Once we have it, we are going to follow-up accordingly. -Numas

Resolution response: April 29, 2021

EDIT: Although the Choice Lowest Price guarantee line is not a working number, and they never responded to my email, the Director of Sales assisted me and Customer Service added 8,000 points to my rewards account. :)

Original review: April 27, 2021

On Saturday 4/25/21, I booked a 2 queen 1 bedroom suite (upgrade to park view) on Cambria’s website and paid a total of $1,133 for 4 nights. Before I booked, I checked Priceline. The 2 queen 1 bedroom suite (upgrade to park view) for 4 nights was a total of $948. I called Cambria’s reservation line and was told they would not price match over the phone, but to book it *first*, submit a claim, and then I would be reimbursed plus a $50 gift card. I chose to book through Cambria to build customer loyalty points, as I planned to come back as I live in San Diego and visit DisneyLand multiple times yearly.

My claim and was denied b/c they said it’s a different room type. Their direct number (866)633-4100 is suspiciously not working, no one will respond to my followup email, and Reservations, Sales, and Customer Service will not help me. In the matter of 3 days that I have been dealing with this, Priceline’s prices have dramatically increased. My advice is, of you find a cheaper rate, jump on it! Choice lowest price guarantee is a scam!!!

Choice Hotels response

It's sad to know you are feeling that way, Ashley. We don't want to miss the chance to improve and make sure your concerns are addressed with the right parties. When time allows, please send us a private message with your confirmation number and full name to locate your reservation. We'll be looking forward to hearing more from you. -Jendy

Original review: April 26, 2021

I got to my hotel and was concerned about the rooms and safety of the hotel itself, so I wanted to cancel. I asked the hotel itself, no dice. I called Choice Hotels and they ran me around in circles, and refused a refund, except in "points" and stated they had passed my money on to another third party, Agoda, which also has horrible reviews. The customer service reps passed me around and did little to nothing to help the situation resolve.

Choice Hotels response

Hi, Erin! It sounds like you had some trouble with your reservation. If you still need assistance, my team would be happy to take a look. When you have a moment, please send us a private message with your stay information. Please include the name on the reservation, confirmation number, date of arrival, and hotel address. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Hope to hear from you soon! -Zaira

Original review: April 18, 2021

This company is awful. I had 40,000 points stolen in 2020 and I am still trying to get my points back. I guarantee the person that used my points didn't have my ID.... Did the clerk at the front desk verify who the person was? When you call the front desk no one ever answers the phone. This company is bad business and their points/rewards program is a total hustle. I use their Choice Rewards Visa card to build up points to take my family on a vacation once per year. It is not easy because I have 4 children so we usually have to get two rooms. I was told that the points would be returned to me with 24 hours...in January--today is April 17th... My points were used at Comfort Suites Northlake in Tucker Georgia.... When you call the hotel no one answers the phone.

I am not very happy with my experiences at Choice Hotels in the past couple of years. They used to be great. I got this account because my father always said how great they were and he always used his points to book stays... I have only been able to look at how many points to someone else used to book a two night stay at Northlake. What a let down. And shame on choice for letting this happen.

Choice Hotels response

I wish you didn’t have to go through that, Eric! Sorry for the additional frustrations. Maintaining the security of our guest's information is a top priority for us. Could you please share with us through a private message your Choice Privileges ID, mailing address, email, phone number, and your full name as it is on your rewards account? Once we have the information, we will follow up accordingly. - Jeremiah

Original review: April 12, 2021

We used to take our 3 daughters to this hotel almost every Summer. We are now taking our Grandkids about every other year and we all love it. Not only does it have an incredible view but it has an indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, restaurant and a great beach. And it’s kind of in the of Lincoln City and Newport. There is so many great things to do and see. We are going back this Summer.

Choice Hotels response

Thank you, Julie, for the compliments! If you can help us verify some more details, I want to share this feedback with the right people. Send us a private message with the hotel name and address. We truly appreciate your patronage and the decision to use Choice Hotels for your lodging needs. Get in touch so we may pass this along. Chat with you soon! -Zaira

Choice Hotels Company Information