Cebu Pacific Airlines

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My partner from England booked his round trip flight MNL-KUL and KUL-MNL under promo fare just this month, February 6 2017 and that is already confirmed. A few days later, he booked mine using his acct and put all my information but on the other window, he was checking for an alternative flight with the same departure time but with a different return flight sched. He was on the Terms & Conditions with all my information listed and submitted it and he asked me to check my mail for the confirmation. I told him I haven't received anything and to his surprise, he got another confirmation through his email about a booked flight under his name again. Like HECK who would have book 2 flight under one name unless he is Bipolar and last time we checked, he ain't bipolar.

My partner made a long distance call to Cebu Pacific to address this issue and advised him to follow up 24-48 hrs and that call cost him a fortune. I made the follow up after 48 hrs only to get an advise to call back again 24-48 hrs because the concern dept hasn't responded yet. I was totally furious and disappointed. So again, holding back my anger I waited for another 48 hrs and I got the same answer. Customer service was a disaster because it always get disconnected in the middle of the call and had to call back again and explain what happened over and over again. WE gave it one last shot but we were really hoping for a positive conclusion.

So I called on the 5th day (YES, 5th day!!!) the guy told me that there was already a feedback and I got excited because finally after 5 days, this problem will be fixed only to our disappointment, they told us that it can't be changed and if we request for changes, we would have to pay under regular fare plus other fees with a total of 6k and submit some documents. WHY? It was not our error and now we have to pay for their mistake. It was totally a system error. My partner has been a customer of CebuPac for how many years. We just don't understand why that booking was made under his name again when he put all my information there. I am not sorry for saying this but this airline is very cheeky and a total scam.

I was trying to add a 15 kilos baggage for my aunt's flight tomorrow but the website was not giving us the option to pay it thru a payment center. So I canceled the transaction that I was doing, I booked 4 separate tickets with diff reference numbers. I tried adding the baggage using my other aunt's ticket and it gave me an option to pay for it thru a payment center. I was about to do an online check-in a day before their flight when the website wouldn't allow me to do it since we still have pending amt due.

I called customer service to clarify the error msg that I'm getting. Customer service rep was really annoying. He didn't know what he was saying. He did not understand what I was trying to say. He insisted that I had the intention of adding the baggage on the booking which I said yes. However Cebu Pac's website didn't give me an option to pay for it in cash. If I only had a debit/credit card I should've paid for it immediately. I opted to speak to his supervisor. They placed me on hold for about 30-45 mins which is unacceptable. Same thing happened. Supervisor was rude and insisted that it is my fault. He said it's an isolated case. It can be escalated if 1000 out of 6000 calls they receive each day would have the same concern as mine.

I've been a loyal customer though I am experiencing delays on their flights. I've got this issue once during my trip to Hong Kong last year. I didn't mind paying for it at the airport. I was telling them that it would be 4 old ladies which happened to be my aunts who would be traveling together. It would be such an inconvenience especially that they will be coming from Pangasinan straight to the airport. I don't mind paying for the extra baggage thru the payment center but they insisted that I can only pay for it at the airport. Their ticket costed 26,000 in Philippine pesos for 4 from General Santos city - manila which Phil Airlines would also cost us the same with 10 kilos check-in baggage included on the tickets.

We chose to fly with Cebu Pac since all this years that we've been traveling with this airline we are getting great customer service. We had never experience this, by far this is the worst experience that I had received from them. I felt disrespected and humiliated as a customer. I would never book with this airline again. I am hoping that you could send a feedback to both the rep and the supervisor so this won't happen to other passengers in the future. I always admire call center agents for their patience but not this time. If you need to get my details please contact me at this email **. Thank you!

How come CebPac rebooked our flight without consulting us or if we agreed, without even asking our situation. Senate-congress should look into it about consumer protection and about this abuses of power. They should not only refund us if the other party does not agree, they should shoulder hotel expenses and meals because in the first place they are the who's asking the favor for the rebooking. From now on I'll try Zest Air or stick to PAL at least reliable.

I have my luggage lost during the flight Puerto Princesa-Manila-Singapore on Jan 26 this year operated by Cebu Pacific airline. Flights 5J 638 and 5J 805. Booking reference number **. Last time I saw my bag in Puerto Princesa airport. I still DID NOT get any news even a single call from the authorities who seem to be so indifferent to this situation!!! I called and sent the emails to Manila Terminal 3 but they do not give me any updates and do not reply to my email! This incident ruined my holidays. Moreover, after the trip I flew directly to Dubai for a business trip without any formal clothes, shoes and bag available! I am still hoping that they will take this incident very seriously and start the investigation because the suitcase contains very important and expensive things. If the luggage was stolen they have to check the cameras and start the investigation! It is already more than one week passed!!! Please help me to find a way.

Service agent refused to change her mistake. I was booking my flight online, but it did not work. I told the girl I want the flight with baggage only and no meal. After 27 minutes of being placed on hold repeatedly. We were disconnected. I received no update. I called back and got a new CSR. I told her to confirm my details especially about no meals, only baggage. The previous CSR didn't make any changes and booked the flight with a meal. I asked for a correction which your CSR refused to make. Telling me not only am I stuck with this purchase but also that my ticket is non refundable. Yet you are stating that your customer service is so bad that you refused to refund my 14.00USD for the meal mistake your girl made. But prefer to lose 439.00 USD and a loyal customer. I will never fly Cebu Pacific again. I will tell everyone I know not to fly you. And I have filed a formal complaint with my bank not to pay.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Mark my words I will never use CebPac EVER AGAIN even if it means I have to walk or catch a ferry. They are a disgrace both domestically in the Philippines and internationally. I blame the President Lance Gokongwei and Chairman Ricardo J. Romulo. I don't know them personally but their corporate culture is one of arrogance, lack of respect for the customer, selfishness, lack of attention for detail, laziness and price gouging. Corporate culture starts at the top and manifests itself at lower levels through the staff as it permeates through operational levels. Delays of 4-5 hours are common place (2 hours is standard), no apologies and in some cases not even gate update announcements because the lazy staff (up to 4 per gate) are too busy on Facebook. Try complaining to any staff and you will get a glassy eyed stare as THEY JUST DON'T CARE!!

Slow, slow staff at check ins make even supposed quick check in processes like "Web Check In Bag Drop" a time consuming pain and in some cases slower than the standard check ins. There is also no management of queues at international check ins making 1 queue to morph into 4 -5 as people skip in front of long waiting customers in the initial queue (we know Filipinos like cutting in when they can therefore the lazy staff need to get out from their cushy seats and do something positive to manage this buildup of humanity).

As stated I have traveled internationally with CebPac and it is a disgrace that for up to 8 hour trips there is no entertainment and you even have to pay for water!!! The Aircon naturally dehydrates people and you have to pay for a sip of water???? They won't change this until someone has a health related hydration issue onboard. Don't fall for "We are a budget airline so we only give standard services" crap... They are not cheap. They just use this mantra to price gouge every single centavo from you. I recently had to pay Php 27000 one way from Australia and can assure you from my experience that their ads are all smoke and mirrors.

Try obtaining the cheap prices they advertise and you will be sorely disappointed as in most instances there is a lack of seats or very narrow flight availability dates, then you will have to book a standard fare and you will see how "inexpensive" they can be!!! But they won't miss to charge you whatever they can like their skinny baggage limits of 10 or 20kg so they can get you to pay more for additional baggage.

The flight staff are the best of a bad lot of employees (ruined by their embarrassing Managers, Supervisors and Executive inattention to improving the services) but even the Flight Captains lack common sense (fortunately they can fly though). I recently had a 4 hour delay in Manila (I constantly had to ask the lazy gate staff for updates as each rescheduled time was exceeded). To finally get on our aircraft we had 2 gate changes and after all these ground delays the Captain allowed us to be further delayed on the takeoff tarmac as we were put number 10 in the priority queue to take off... another hours delay. Then to top off the horror flight we had to wait another hour at our destination (at 1.30am in the morning) as there was an aircraft in the bay that was scheduled to receive our aircraft... then the standard 40 minutes to get our baggage. All in all I arrived 5 hours late to my destination without even a free drink from the airline!!

Some will say that some of these things aren't always in the airline's control... and that is what CebPac will have you believe as they try and avoid accountability for their performance. They won't fight for us like the Captain who allowed us to be last in the queue to take off even after a long ground delay as THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS and that's why nothing ever improves and in fact is getting worse because NO ONE AT THE AIRLINE CARES! THEY ARE TOO BUSY COUNTING PROFITS... but profits today don't mean you are running a sustainably good business. It just means the market hasn't caught up with you yet CebPac. It will come back to bite you CebPac as customers leave you in droves as like me they become totally frustrated.

I have already started letting my friends know about the airline's arrogance and incompetence. I love the Philippines and by all means go there and enjoy its people, vibrancy, and natural beauty but punish those like CebPac who take advantage of you. On the off chance you get a cheaper fare you will pay ultimately with untold frustrations. Shame on you Gokongwei and Romulo... from what I have experienced from your corporate skills you couldn't organise a pig to get dirty in a mud heap! It's up to all travelers to make their choice but my recommendation is don't use Cebu Pacific until they show that they want to keep you as a customer by providing value through ongoing excellence in services and not just to gouge money from you today!!!

What a disaster to fly international on Cebu Pacific Air. Actually, this is our first and definitely the last time traveling with such a ** airline. A mistake that cost me a lot of money, sleepless night, with body and mental torture, and learned a lesson not to fly again on Cebu Pacific. First of all, this airline has no clue about customer service, and I wonder why such airline is allowed to fly international, if it doesn’t know how to provide and handle proper customer service. Moreover, it has no consideration, whatsoever on passenger’s dilemma, especially when you have connecting flights from other airlines, whereby flights gets disrupted by severe weather condition, outside of your control.

Our dilemma started on 19th Dec when I came to know that my daughter’s flight from Indianapolis (USA) has been interrupted by heavy snow condition, resulting in her missing all connecting flights via Atlanta (Delta) and Amsterdam (KLM). That has further impacted her Dubai to Manila flight on Cebu Pacific, wherein we as a family (4 people) has check-in online.

Upon knowing the delay on 19th Dec early morning, I immediately contacted the Cebu Pacific Call Center, to advise them of this situation. Right there, you will be frustrated on how difficult to contact them. If you are lucky to get the line, you will hear an answering machine saying all operators are busy and ask to hold on the line and this can last for 1 to 3 hours or more, bearing in mind that this is an international call. Maybe, if you are lucky to talk to someone, but in the middle of the call, line will get disconnected repeatedly. Very frustrating right, but since I was desperate to get an answer if I can rebooked my daughter’s flight, I wasted 2 days doing the same thing again and again!

However, when I got lucky, I was told to send an email providing proof of delay to this email address 'servicedeskmnl@cebupacificair.com' and that I should get a reply within 3 hrs time, but to no response until after 6 hrs. I called again to be told that the message I got was wrong and that I should contact Delta airlines to call Cebu Pacific in the USA to settle it between them, on how to solve my daughter’s missed flight. After several calls to Delta (imagine international call again to USA this time). Delta tried calling Cebu Pacific in Manila, while I was on the other line, but got the same difficulty. My daughter, even had to arrange for a conference call to have Delta and Cebu Pacific people speak to each other, blaming each other on who should shoulder the cost, but Delta is saying it is weather condition which is unpredictable.

After several calls for 2 days, I gave up and told my daughter that it is a waste of time and energy. But then my sister in law, also called Cebu Pacific that they finally send a message in the system, to allow rebooking the next day, and for me to approach the airport in Dubai and pay for the difference. I was happy that finally my dilemma is over. However to my disappointment, the Dubai airport authority has no idea about such message. In the end, after all the drama, wasted money for international calls, arguments, at that end my daughter’s ticket cannot be used, in spite of huge airfare to Manila due to peak season, have to buy a fresh ticket which is ridiculously expensive.

The worst part is that we have even paid for our seats, but while we were inside the flight, someone is sitting in the seat supposed to be for my daughter. It means, Cebu Pacific is overbooked, and although we have check in online and paid for seats, it has been re-used for someone else, which is opposite to what they told us. The big lesson out of this dilemma is not to fly Cebu Pacific Air ever again... and stay on Emirates Airlines or other airlines of outstanding customer service. It’s my personal recommendation for Cebu Pacific Air to focus on improving their domestic service before accommodating international flights.

Since this complaint was merely sent to the management and they probably won't care at all (based on popular experience), I would like to share this instead to you to contribute to the growing public knowledge regarding Cebu Pacific's BAD AS ROTTEN services. My sister is going back to Copenhagen, Denmark through connecting flights. To get at the first stop in Manila, she took the cebu pac plane from GenSan. We arrived at the GenSan Int'l Airport 3 hours earlier than the departure time originally indicated to be 12:15 pm. Then we discovered that the plane was actually delayed 2 hours later. We started worrying because her next flight to China would depart at 5:30 pm though she might still get in NAIA on time knowing that it would typically take only a little more than 2 hours to get there from GenSan.

She referred the problem to a representative in the airport but she was only told that she would only get a certificate indicating that the flight was delayed. So she waited until then only to find out that the plane was further delayed for an hour! Departing at 3:30 pm, there's no other way that she could get there on time! She arrived late in NAIA at 5:30 with a hope that the certificate would grant her some kind of action from the management. But no, she only got a sorry and an unexplained reason from them. Her next flight is non-rebookable and non-refundable so the certificate they issued has been useless!

She had no other choice but to buy another set of tickets that costs 42,000 pesos. Yes, that's quite a big amount of money for a simple sorry and a piece of paper. Thank God she has friends in Denmark who lended her some money. I mean it's quite unfair for her and for perhaps thousands of other victims of delayed flights to cause such great damage yet Cebu Pac earns billions from it.

The passengers arrive several hours earlier in the airport but the airline is not responsible enough to make their flights on time. I can now fully understand why the rants of people in the television regarding delayed flights are such a big deal and why Cebu Pac is heavily branded as "Ay, delayed na!", which is actually a fact! Other airlines can keep their time but why can't Cebu Pac? There must be something wrong in their management. Plus their so-called Customer Care has been so awful. What a nightmare! Yes, I'm kind of discouraging you to take that airline. I don't know about you but one thing is for sure, I WON'T EVER TAKE CEBU PAC AGAIN AT ANY COST. #CebuPac

Services not so good and they ask for ticket for a thousand of pesos. It go 12000 pesos one way ticket but their services was no so good. They said is fully book but asking you there is available but very expensive. The most terrible I've experience. Management taking advantage their consumer and that's not fair.

I book a flight for my friend from Manila to General Santos with Cebu Pacific and paid with my credit card. The worst thing happen is that the ticket is confirmed with reference at the same time with official receipt. For in whole life of traveling using my credit it just happen in Cebu Pacific. And my friend is already check in. Upon boarding on time my friend was hold by Cebu Pacific staff due to the reason that the ticket was not paid and yet, I wonder how could it happen that upon checking on my credit limit it’s already deducted and already bill in my account, so, I call the bank BDO in regards with this matter. Then BDO surprise me that the ticket is confirm with payment and besides that Cebu Pacific is the one who sent the billing payment to BDO. Now I call my friend in the airport to explain the situation there but sad to say no one is listening our complaint. Still my friend stay in the airport and sleep.

I received an email from this airline where they advise that the purchase ticket and booking isn't been successful, so it mean they just pick my money without giving nothing. The hassle they made so I spent my time and money to call that wonderful call center where I heard only some ad to buy their products but no operator talking. I decided also to send an email to their complaining service where I explained what happened. I talked the manager A LIAR evil manager. He told me that he will make a report in regards this matter in order to reverse the payment but he could not make. Still right now the payment is not cancelled. So now I bought a new ticket again in the ticketing outlet for my friend in order to get home. The question is how to make my payment refund or cancel in my credit card record.

5J 803 BOUND TO SINGAPORE: I was so disappointed that my flight was delayed. The officer-in-charge was so casual to tell me that it has been delayed & it's not their problem. It's the maintenance problem. Hurray, they do not offer any compensation at all. (8:20pm delayed till 11:35pm) They have the cheek to even smile & say I could go and do some shopping first. I was told also that there is no duty manager when I asked for one to speak to. They couldn't even offer a free coffee on air just to have a feel that they are at least doing something to apologize.

Now I am worrying as I have a current booking to Manila, going to Taiwan using transiting to Manila & using PAL to Taiwan. I hope that there is no delay from Singapore, as I only have 2 hrs & 35 mins to spare. I hope that Cebu Pacific can do something about this. Perhaps lessen the available hours of your flight if you can not truly accommodate. We are sacrificing our time off from our offices & our salaries are being cut off too. One more thing was that, why there is no disembarkation card being distributed. Other airlines has. Please keep your time prompt. Thank you.

I just want to complain the big difference of service I experienced from US or Canada airlines compare to Cebu Pacific airlines. In US or Canada, if you miss your flight they rebook your flight for free but in Cebu Pacific if you miss your flight there is no option but to book another one without any discount at least. My wife missed her flight last friday because when she tried to book on 6:30 am flight. It didn't work then she tried again the next day. Since her mind was set to 6:30 am, she overlooked the flight she got which become 5:15 am. That is why she missed her flight.

Then my wife didn't get any discount and got force to book a very expensive flight 10k one way to Boracay. Today my wife is going home and the flight was delayed for 45 mins on ETD. HOW COME WHEN CP IS LATE NO COMPENSATION OR ANY ANY OFFER TO SATISFIED PASSENGER??? That is why I told my wife not to take Cebu Pacific Airline ever. And I hope and I pray that I would never take any Cebu Pacific Airlines for any reason.

I booked a return ticket from Sydney to Manila and then another destination in the Philippines for me and my two sons back in July/August. My eldest son pulled out 'cause he didn't get a passport, so I call Cebu Air to change a name as I replaced my son with my mother. Cebu Air told me I had to cancel the ticket for my son and the money had to be put into a travel fund then rebook. Ok I did this but when I rebooked I had to pay more to book another ticket more so this separate ticket now cost me more than the original ticket.

I told them I wanted to change a name of a traveller and this time they tell me I have to fill in a Change of Name form and submit a copy of my mother's passport. I did this and then they tell me I have to cancel my son's booking again and rebook it in my mother's name paying more fees, money I no longer have. Is ongoing, we are supposed to fly out next week December 15, as we need to travel to the Philippines to prepare for a wedding which now looks like we will have to be cancel. Now I am also looking for the contact details of the CEO of Tiger Air that owns Cebu Air to lodge a formal complaint.

Updated on 12/14/2016: Now they tell my complaint has gone to the Concern Dept. It has cost me almost double the original booking. I asked for a refund for failing to provide a service. I was told they would make a new booking for my mother, so now I am waiting for the Itinerary to be emailed, but at this late stage I will be leaving for Sydney in 2 hours to arrive in Sydney tomorrow and time has run out and I will be traveling without my mother. Cebu Pacific now owing me AU$3000 for failing to provide a service.

I had booked 3 domestic flights on the Philippines for my holidays. The first two flights departed with a slight delay. The last flight bound to Manila, departure time 12:35, had a delay of 2+ hours. When we eventually boarded the plane made a u-turn on the runway and got back to the terminal. They announced that the plane had a technical malfunction and was not able to take off anymore. So everyone had to get out and wait for the next plane.

We had complained about the delay since the start and that we might miss our connecting flights in Manila and Taipei. Our next connecting flight was departing at 16:55 in Manila bound to Taipei, and in Taipei at midnight bound to Amsterdam. It was already past 15:30. In no way we could make it. The ground staff lied straight to our faces that they would arrange a Cebu Pacific flight from Manila to Taipei at 20:00.

So when we got on the next plane they told us to approach the staff in Manila as soon as we landed as they contacted them. Also, they had promised a ramp shuttle to transport us from terminal to terminal. As we arrived in Manila we hurried to the Cebu Pacific counter and these employees (and supervisor) were not aware of the whole situation. There was no ramp shuttle, no flight arranged at 20:00 to Taipei, no arrangement!! We were so pissed off that the crew in Kalibo lied to our faces just to get rid of us. The employees at the counter could not help us and they were constantly evading solutions. There was only a flight at 22:00 leaving to Taipei, but we'd still miss our connection. We left the counter empty handed after 2 hours of complaining.

Only thing left is that we contacted China Airlines to rebook our flight, but their office was closed since they already departured Manila. When we got in Taipei, China Airlines informed there was an option to rebook but the next available flight was in 5 days. No way we'd wait that long. We just wanted to get home. We had to book a flight to Amsterdam on our own expenses... We are deeply disappointed in the services of Cebu Pacific. They will lie straight in your face just to get rid of your complaints. If you ever book with this airline, at least have a full day transfer time between connecting flights. Or pay more money and book with a different airline.

On November 18 I flew on Cebu Pacific for the first time, on flight 5J805, Manila-Singapore service. When I booked my seat I purchased a premium exit row seat (15F) with extra legroom on an A330 two-aisle plane. However, I found that the seat that I paid an additional fee for was a terrible choice because my extra leg room was actually used as a short cut between the two aisles. During the 3-hour flight, I was never able to use the extra leg room because at least 100 people walked through the shortcut, including the flight attendants pushing service carts. In fact, most of the time I had to sit uncomfortably with my feet held close to my own seat to avoid having someone step on them or trip. And one person still managed to step on my foot. In general I was pleased with my first experience on Cebu Pacific. But the airline really should not charge an extra fee for a seat that is actually significantly less comfortable than a regular seat.

This airlines cancelled my 2 booked flights in one week. They offered cheap tickets in their website but the hours stated are bogus. They will consolidate all the booked passengers in that day into 1-2 flights and they will tell you that your flight needs rescheduling because of scheduled maintenance. What a bunch of crooks! If it's scheduled maintenance then why offer that particular time on the internet when you knew that the aircraft has scheduled maintenance. They should be sued for "False Advertisement". So, those overseas passenger who is planning to have a connecting flight with Cebu Pacific Airlines, you better NOT use this airline because you will end up spending a night in the hotel at your own expense - that's what happened to me. Anyway, my 2 rescheduled booking numbers are ** and **, in case this airline will say I'm a bogus person.

We had a couple of flights with Cebu Pacific. Starting from Dubai-Manila, then Palawan and Boracay. Planes are brand new and clean. One of our 6 flights was delayed and redirected but we were given free domestic flight voucher in compensation! That definitely made up for this little inconvenience. :) All the other flights were perfectly on time. We came prepared for the low-cost flight - with our own blankets, entertainment, after a generous dinner at the lounge and easily packed in small backpacks.

We have been trying to get our refund back since June 2016. We had to cancel our flight since we had a medical emergency. We have spoken to customer service twice and they said we would get our refund in ten days. Cebu is such a rip off. We should have read the customer complaints prior to booking. Unreal! Good luck to those who are trying to get their refund back!

Consumer Increased Rating!

As of today 22 December 2016, I was totally refunded from Cebu Pacific, with a formal letter of regret for the occurred. This is due for fairness to the company and the readers of the review. Thanks also to this website that hosted my complaint.

oronzo of Davao City, Other on

Original Review

I book a flight from Davao to Manila with Cebu Pacific and paid with my credit card, but didn't received the booking confirmation. After half an hour, instead of confirmation I received an email from this airline where they advice that I didn't yet concluded the purchase and the booking isn't been successful, so it mean they just pick my money without giving nothing. So I spent other time and money and called that wonderful call center where I heard only some ad to buy their products but no operator talking. I decided also to send an email to their complaining service where I explained what happened, but after waiting another couple of hours for an answer, I decided to postpone all my appointments in Manila, among which one very important in the Italian embassy, and book a flight with Air Asia expected 6 days later from the one initially planned with Cebu Pacific, this time successfully.

The day after Cebu Pacific send me an email where they regret for the occurring, attaching the ticket for the flight I initially booked. So now I bought a new ticket because they told me first that I didn't book but picked the money, and after one day they regret and said "we were wrong this is your ticket"... of course not refundable! Last time with them.

During the last 6 flights, me and my wife, sometimes traveling together and sometimes by our own, has been treated so bad by Cebu Pacific! Every flight, I mean every flight has been notoriously delayed by 1-2-3-4 hours depending on where you fly out from. Manila, Cebu, Bacolod... You name it! What happens is, that we often can't reach our connecting flights or ferries, which again means we have to pay for yet another hotel room. Cebu Pacific don't care at all. We found out that it happens more and more often, because their scheduled flight hasn't been fully booked - maybe 50-60%. Then they simple cancel that flight to save money and let their customer wait until the next scheduled flight.

Cebu Pacific don't even sent out text messages, that they will cancel or delay their scheduled flight. All their ground personnel don't give a damn! If they did, they wouldn't work at a flight company like Cebu Pacific, because so many angry people every day complain. Question is... is it legal to do this? I want to ask in this forum, how many has experienced this? Do we file a lawsuit and hire a lawyer? If we can assemble 100's of people (which I'm sure is easy) we could get Cebu Pacific to pay a big penalty- or better make them STOP their outrageous "delay policy". Somebody has to do something and I intend to start gathering people who has been badly mistreated by Cebu Pacific. How about you?

I have used Cebu Pacific for a couple of years to book flights for family but recently I had a bad experience. I was booking a flight for my family members to come and visit me for Christmas and received an error twice on their website. After being frustrated and dreading having to retype the passport information, I tried the 3rd time and finally booked the flight. However the next day I check the flight itinerary only to find out that I messed up with the date. I checked the site on how to change the date and noticed that I could not book one way as my previous ticket. It only allowed me book going to the destination and back.

Now I had to call the customer service number to see what I can do to just change my flight but the representative told me that to pay a fee to change the flight. I was in shock because their website was responsible for me messing up in the first place. They told me that they had an investigation team that can look in a matter and would take 24 to 48 hours. To make long story short, when I called back they just said that I had to pay the fee to change. I asked them what did their investigation find and they could not tell me anything. I was in shock that they would not just change the flight. But what is really upsetting is that they blamed the situation on me as though it was my fault. "Sir you should have checked the date prior to booking. You will need to pay for each family member to change the flight." When I called back I talked to a supervisor who told me the same BS and then he asked me my nationality which was surprising.

The next day I just decided to pay the fee and learned that not only would have to pay a fee to change the flight, I have to buy the tickets all over again and not at the same rate. I have to buy at a higher rate if the tickets increased. I couldn't believe my ears because most flights just have either a change fee or no fee at all. I suggest anybody who is planning to book a flight on Cebu Pacific to think twice because if there is an issue with their website, you will pay the penalty rather than them taking the responsibility to take care of their customers and improve their site. AVOID CEBU PACIFIC AT ALL COST.

I was so disappointed with the customer service of Cebu Pacific. We were not able to go home on time since there was a little mistake on the date of the flight (our flight was scheduled on September 19, instead of September 18), and it was not even our fault, as we made it clear to them that we want the flight to be scheduled on October 18. We called the customer service several times but upon explaining our issue to them, they immediately dropped the phone. Yes, they dropped the phone several times. I was very frustrated that time not only because of their attitude, but because they informed me about the issue at the last minute. How frustrating right???

I tried to call them one more time and as soon as they picked the phone I TOLD THEM NOT TO DROP THE PHONE AGAIN. I asked if they could forward the call to the manager but they refused several times. Luckily, after almost an hour of long argument, I was able to talk to their manager. That was a relief... or I thought it was... and I really thought my problem would be solved. To my disappointment, the issue just got worse. The manager told me that they could not really reschedule the flight, and I want to go home that day, I would need to cancel the flight and book another flight. I was left with no choice. I canceled the flight and I received no refund. Then I have to pay the new flight in full price. Wow, imagine that. I just lost 2800+ dollars in a single day (4 flights canceled and rebooked). What a waste of time and money!!! Do not transact with Cebu Pacific ever again or you'll experience the same frustration!!!

Tried booking flight online (log in to account) a few times and each time, after filling out my particulars, it just hang with a dumbo message "Opsss." Never mind, it doesn't take much IQ to build a website that auto-saves the login member's transaction doesn't it? NO!!! Obviously, the web development team are kindergarten children not knowing what is called efficiency!

Download the app to make booking and it forced me to select seats that cost more, without the option to exclude seat selection. What a daylight robbery. Going back to online, DUE TO THEIR WEB SCREW UP, the flight ticket now cost more! YET I couldn't proceed after entering everything with the same IDIOTIC message. Called the Customer Service to make booking and now I am charged even more!!! I FELT ROBBED TWICE!!!

If they can't even maintain a simple website, how do you think they can maintain their planes??? Guess what when you complained in their website? The reply came as if it is YOUR fault! Either the bunch of web developers are morons, or the company culture is managed by one. The whole team ought to be fired! I rarely want to swear but I can't help it with this case.

I booked online and as I am going through putting in my passport number exp name, page by page unchecking all the extra fee they try to hit you with my name is showing along with my wife's. After we paid we started to printing out the itinerary and we noticed my wife's name is showing 2 times. ** what happened? Oh well we called in to change one to my name and we get, "Sorry sir you need to rebook and pay for another ticket." WTF. After 30 minutes and asking to speak to someone that can help me they keep putting me on hold and coming back saying, "Sorry sir. Sorry sir. We can't help you." What kind of company is this to take advantage of people in this way. I said I have a picture proving my name was on the booking confirmation page, then she say, "Oh well send us the picture and we can help you. Of course we didn't have one but this proves they could if they wanted to. WORST COMPANY EVER.

Flight 5J 649 lands in Tacloban without enough fuel to get its journey back to Manila operating as flight 5J 650. The captain had no idea that Tacloban airport has no refuelling. Hahaha. This guys are worst. Even a tricycle driver won't give you such reasons. Imagine an airline not having the idea of not having fuel in another station. I am sure Cebu PAC is run by a group of idiots.

After spending an hour online to make a booking for my helper I found to my horror when I printed out the itinerary that it was completely different from what I had booked. It had her leaving from the Philippines first instead of Singapore. Additionally, it had her returning to the Philippines the next morning! When I called the Singapore contact line to complain they denied there was a computer glitch on their part and refused to give me a refund. I was charged extra for a new booking.

This young woman in the bag drop off counter #5 last Aug 28, 2016 at 6 pm in the evening named Miss JUSTINE RAY** was rude and taking her own sweet time just accepting bags from passengers who were already holding boarding passes from kiosks. The line was SO SLOW. I and the other passengers noted that all other lines were moving forward at a snappy rate, but this particular line was not moving AT ALL. Why? Because 2 out of every three passengers who went through her were charged for extra baggage (Php 200/kg) or told to take out more things from their bags and take them as carry on. When it was my turn, (I KNEW FOR A FACT MY BAG WAS LESS than 20kgs). To my surprise, Justine Ray told me that I was 6 kgs overweight and would have to pay for excess baggage. It was then that I noticed that there was a medium sized box lying on the conveyor belt that had a built-in weighing scale.

When I told her to move it out and we re-weighed. My bag, it was only 10.05 kgs! IMAGINE THAT. This means that the box I discovered weighed almost 16 kgs! I almost paid for someone else's luggage that Justine Ray failed to push into the other conveyor belt! So that means all the passengers who were processed before me who she had instructed to pay a fee for extra baggage were unnecessarily fined! So Miss Justine Ray of Cebu Pacific staff but hopefully not for long, I would like you to know that you are irresponsible, rude, and you have cost a lot of money to many passengers because you are cavalier and careless. And if Cebu pacific airlines does not do anything about this kind of staff, then justine ray is a stellar example of what cebu pacific is as a company.

Dear Lance, You are speaking about your passengers in the article in the Smile. You thank your for make Cebu Pacific heartfelt gratitude to everyone to make it to the largest and most dynamic airlines in this side of the world. First your flight crew and ground crew. Suppliers and business partners. Your stakeholders. And of course at least your loyal passengers. And that's exactly what I want to say to you dear Lance, your passengers are the ones you have to live from and you have to take more care for them, more and nicely as you do now.

First of all, and you know that already, you have to be IN TIME with Cebu Pacific. Every flight has to be in time. Some big airline companies are making already, and successful, a in time flight program. Furthermore you can make your ground floor staff to inform the passengers, that the plane will be in time. And if not you have to take care for them, the passengers, that their plane is too late and, how much too late. The estimated time the plane will be delayed and when it will depart. So use the screens on the airports. You have too much ground staff. They are playing around with their cellphones, making jokes, have fun together, but not, I repeat, they do not anything to inform the passengers.

Last Tuesday in came from Phuket, Thailand, and the pilot I spoke with was saying already that it was a kind of company policy that you are coming too late everywhere. But what I see and read in the article, the manager has to be the one who is giving the way it's going on, he has to be an example. And as you don't be the one who is doing anything about this, is not to expect that it will be changed, and you will lose your market share, because there are much more companies which has airplanes and want to step in your "success".

I was so angry at the way a cebu pacific personnel assisted us in naia terminal 3 that handles gate 113-114. I can understand the delay because of the weather but how they treat their passengers leave a lot to be desired. When we checked in at 2pm today for 5J477 flight to Bacolod we were informed that the gate for boarding was changed from 120 to 134B. So of course we went there. When our flight was delayed I asked a personnel 3 times if our gate is still 134B and she said "yes". One of the passengers also asked and she answered the same thing so we were confident that we were on the right gate. After an hour we asked again and same answer.

Finally the plane landed and we were shocked to hear our names and it was the last call for flight 5J477. We went to the same personnel and she said it was changed back to 120. They NEVER informed us. Do you think we will waste our time on gate 134b if we were supposed to be in gate 120? The idiotic personnel did not have time to inform us of the change and she was just sitting there doing nothing. I told that personnel; "you're the worse!" I would have said more but we had to rush as we had to run from 134 to 120 so we won't miss our flight. There were MANY of us there on gate 134. No coordination from ANY of Cebu Pacific personnel. They need to retrain their personnel especially those in gates 133-134.

I have recently booked Cebu Pacific airlines from Singapore to Manila and return. My return trip is for 3rd of August however I want to change it to 4th August so I call the local call centre who informs me that the cost to CHANGE the flight will be SGD 80 to change the flight plus SGD 102 fare difference. A total of SGD 182 to change a flight SOUNDS a bit steep so as I'm calling I am looking at new flights for same time and date. As I trying to change my flight I select FLY bag and the all in price is SGD 152. Mmm not bad.

I am so frustrated by now that I now check Jetstar Asia same time, same planes and all in cost SGD 142. So if you want to be ripped off by airlines try Cebu Pacific. They seem to have it down to a fine art. Needless to say there will be a spare seat on the plane tomorrow and I will be on Jetstar in future as Cebu Pacific will never get the chance to rip me off again. This is actually not the first experience with CEBU Pacific. On a flight from Legazpi 2 years ago the plane could not land as it was raining so got cancelled, try again tomorrow!!

The insurance is totally useless as anything that is classed as an "act of GOD is not covered." I expect this includes bags that go missing and anything else. Even delays would be classed as an " act of GOD," however the same weather that stops the plane landing could affect you getting thru the traffic and make you late for a flight would I have no doubt not be classed as an " act of GOD" but may be worth trying when you are told no refunds for late passengers.

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Profile