3.0/5 (644 ratings)

About Cebu Pacific Airlines

Cebu Pacific Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Worst experience I have. They have strategies to keep you rebooking and miss your flight and customer service is not helpful. Once you got hold of them and be able to rebook again. New strategy created 'til you cannot do anything and lose your money. I always book here before. But If I have a choice in the future. I advised not to use Cebu Pacific. They do not care.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

We are a family 7pax traveling via Cebu Pacific Tacloban to Manila. I settled online 1 luggage (21.5kgs) to check in. The agent has the audacity to threaten me that I need to pay for the extra 1.5kg if I will not remove move the excess weight, this is after explaining that I do not carry any handcarry with me. Mind that I am still entitled to carry 7kg as handcarry which I do not have. The rest of the family members has their individual hand carries. I had to move the 1.5kg to other luggage just to finish the issue.

What made me more upset was when they weigh in the hand carries, 1 of the luggage has 9kg while the other has only 4kgs (the rest were even less than 7kgs) but they still asked us to move things around. I will understand if it's an individual guests but we are a family of 7 which should compensate the allocations of the allowed weight. Again, I do not have a 7kg handcraft which I am still entitled. Their judgement doesn't make sense at all. I believe the customer service overall has to use their common sense in dealing with this situation.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 30, 2022

It's funny that you are so strict with check-ins when probably 90% of your flights are always delayed. Silay Airport is such a small airport for you not to consider a late check-in when it would only take what, 2 minutes to go from check-in to the boarding gate, to think the airplane just stayed there in the airport for the next 30 minutes. We were only some 5 minutes beyond check-in, would it bankrupt the company to show a bit of consideration? Your staff at the Silay Airport are nothing but upscaled cashiers, only trained to repeatedly offer a rebooking. They lack proper judgment and definitely proper customer service training... THE SUPERVISOR INCLUDED. This is probably the worst airline in the entire world -- DO NOT BOOK A FLIGHT HERE.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2022

Cancels flights without prior notice. Our flight to Manila was canceled a few hours before the travel date. Can't book again on the same day as all flights are sold out. Our travel is for emergency purposes and Cebu Pac agents and hotline don't pick up. The chatbot on messenger is hard to navigate. The agents on the chat take Hours on queue. Definitely the worst airline in the Philippines. Don't book this airline if you have other options especially when you travel on emergency.

Original review: April 29, 2020

It has been 40 days since Cebu Pacific cancelled my flight from Australia to Manila and Cebu to Australia advising me via email of my forthcoming refund. One leg was booked via Trip.com. Today I called them and they advised me it may take 2 or 3 billing cycles for a refund to reach my credit card. Omggg. On top 40 days already. Originally they weren't going to refund my excess baggage of $63 aud on a flight that was cancelled? Somehow my emails made them see the light and that money has arrived. Accommodation booked thru Hotels.com was refunded in days. My return leg I booked direct with Cebu Pacific and I just got off the phone to them and they advised it could take 4 to 5 billing cycles for a refund. I am guessing they have everyone's money in a fund somewhere gaining interest. Not good enough. I am not confident of ever receiving a refund.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My flight from Manilla to Macau was cancelled the 2nd February at 7 pm just as I was supposed to embark. First excuse, the Hongkong government closed its frontier. What does that have to do with me, going to Macau? Ten minutes later, they said that the Filipino government won’t let any plane coming from China to the Philippines. Still, I want to go to China, I am not coming from there. So, what does it have to do with me again? Afterwards, they told me that every company in the Philippines are forbidden to go to China, Hong Kong and Macau. Finally, a good reason, but why did they lie before?

Because I was in transit and didn’t have the stamp, they put me in a hall. There, they took my passport, a really stressful situation. They wouldn’t tell me what was happening and what I could do. I was anxious because the day after I had a flight from Macau to Taipei and from Taipei to Paris. I needed to go to Macau as fast as possible. I was sitting on the floor, hungry, tired and scared of the people of Cebu Airlines. They talked to me, as if they were talking to a dog. I was not considered with respect and I was scared. I asked if I could call my French embassy with their phone, they wouldn’t let me (I broke my phone the week before).

Finally, at 11 pm, they came to me and asked me to take another flight to another place. Luckily, I have money, can you imagine someone who doesn’t? How would he or she do? I had no other choice than to take a flight to Paris at 7 am. After showing them the proof that I had a ticket, they still wouldn’t let me leave the hall. Why??? Now I was afraid I would miss this new plane. I was cold on the floor because of the fans. My back hurt. I wanted to leave. During my time in this hall, I witnessed two scenes that broke my heart. First, I saw a man, who was apparently here for a long long time, trying to escape. He didn’t run much until the police hit him badly with truncheons. Then, I saw a Chinese mother begging on her knees with her two children and the staff shouting at her to stop with anger. I am 19 years old, I can tell you I will never forget this.

At 2 am, they gave me my passport back. What did they do with it? Why did they need it? I left this hall of despair right after and finally got to take my plane back home. Guess what, it’s only after, that I learned that only the Filippo airlines wouldn’t go to China. They lied to me again. I could have taken a flight with AirAsia to China.

Now about being refund, what a swindle! They first didn’t understand my request. Because I had received a boarding pass, they thought I got on the plane. Don’t they see on their screen that the flight was cancelled? Right now, I am being refund of a modest sum. I am not even thinking about how much money I spend with international calls. Their website is of no use. I didn’t catch my flight from Macau to Paris via Taipei because of them. I had to take another flight instantly from Manilla to Paris because of them. I was mistreated by them. I deserve more than a modest sum. Cebu Pacific is the worst airline I have ever taken. Their service is no service.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

1. They left our check-in baggages w/out letting us know. HKG flight. We waited for hours only to be given information that all our check in baggages were left.

2. Being passed around when I needed assistance with checking in. No mgr ever came. Agents don't give an eff. Even if you try to do it nicely.

3. Their system is a rip off. They never want to help you. I have two flights that I was willing to reroute/rebook with paying a fee, but they just give you run arounds. They want you to buy new tickets again. All hard earned money spent on nothing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I just made a change to my booking and before I did the payment it only showed me a new fare of over 3000 pesos but after I did the payment it presented me with a lot of other charges including "Spoilage" etc, and charged me about 8000 pesos, this is not right and this just robbery. I could have booked that flight for less than 3000 pesos with a different airline. I would like the extra charges to be taken off the bill because if I had seen them I would not have made the change and just booked the ticket with a different airline. I am very upset about this and I am waiting for a response. On Cebu should not be doing this to customers.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Flight 5J994 today, 10/30/2019 Gensan-Manila has been cancelled. We have checked in online last night and everything was fine. Imagine waking up this morning preparing for your long flight local and international but the worst nightmare is you woke up with a text message that your flight has been cancelled!!!! Don't Cebu Pacific knows that WE BOOK A FLIGHT FOR A REASON! WE BOOK THE SUITABLE TIME IN ADVANCE FOR A REASON!!! FYI we have another flight to catch (international) and you just text us with an option to rebook or refund the flight? Common guys, don't you know the hassle you have inflicted a passenger? Will you take care of our international flight as well because of the damage for cancelling our local flight? Refund is not enough, you have should pay for all the money and hassle we spent for booking another flight with another airline. Thanks God, PAL is on the rescue!!!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Today I had validation that my frustration against Cebu Pacific Air is justified. I argued with their staff as I was processing the payment for my excess kilos. They wrote the company name incorrectly on the OR. I dunno how she got it wrong since I gave her a laminated card with the company name, TIN and address printed on it but she still wrote it wrong. Now she’s saying she’s not allowed to adjust it. And a few minutes later she’s saying that writing the company name wasn’t allowed in the first place. I showed her a perfectly written OR I got from NAIA. And her response was so funny. She said na, “Baka yung teller sa Manila yung may hindi alam.”

I really wanted to tell her, “If you’re gonna lie, come up with a better one because you’re just embarrassing yourself... tremendously.” But I didn’t. Because in the next counter, there’s a foreigner arguing with another one of their tellers. And he was so pissed and aggravated that the CebPac sup had to call the airport police. And in typical Filipina behaviour, another passenger shouted on the top of her lungs, “GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!” It was so fun. So so fun. Thank you Cebu Pacific for this wonderful experience.

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Information