1.29/5
Based on 188 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

201 Cebu Pacific Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The worst and last flight with Cebu Pacific. For the entire trip I had the gays standing up front just staring and laughing at me, it made me feel most uncomfortable, and the service was ** house. As I was in 16 J, for the supposed leg room I had 2 of the hostesses staring at me as we were in landing mode???? "WTF," I said and did nothing to no one all flight, what is their problem, I JUST ADVISE ALL TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT AIRLINE AND LET THESE SLUGS GO BROKE!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

2 Flight attendants named Mat and Kisses. Flight date 11/5/2018 coming back from Kansai, Japan to Manila. These 2 flight attendants were talking too much for the 3 hr. flight. I am saying this because me and my 2 sisters were seated at the very front and felt so uncomfortable because of their non stop conversation, we were not able to get the comfort and some sleep at least. It was a bothersome. Also, because of their ongoing conversation, they forgot to clean the bathroom which they left it kept very smelly and dirty. For me, they neglected to provide cleanliness and bathroom supplies, such as tissue, toilet paper, napkins, etc. I hope these 2 flight attendants gets a proper training. This is not the type of service we deserve for what we paid for. I believe that they've forgotten that they're at work and forgotten what their responsibilities are.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cebu Pacific is a ** AIRLINE. FIRST: I book a good flight connection from Siargao to Legazpi with only a few waiting time at Cebu. Later THEY CANCEL the flight and I have to rebook with a BAD SCHEDULE that gives me a one day waiting time at Cebu. Although later it is obvious that they could give me a BETTER SCHEDULE they do NOT ALLOW anymore to CHANGE the flight! So they make me unhappy and even they could make me happy again, they do not do. And SECOND: The SEATS in the airplane are extremely UNCOMFORTABLE. Air Asia is much better. TRY TO AVOID TO BOOK CEBU PACIFIC!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Their baggage handlers are petty criminal thieves. MY expensive Fossil watch and wedding ring was in my Samsonite luggage, these worthless derelicts rummage through everyone's luggage like rats, petty thieves, obviously in collusion together, how else would you be able to steal outright, middle of the day out in the open unless they're all doing it?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I am writing to you to complain about a racist incident at Manila airport on Friday 05/10/2018 at 1400. I was with my partner and we had checked in at the desk and we were walking towards the Security screening area when we were met at by three of your customer service representatives who demanded to see our boarding passes. They literally jumped on top of us in a very aggressive manner. They then asked us where we were going and I said HKG. They saw our carry on suitcases and said that they were too heavy, even before they did any of the checks.

They insisted we had to pay for extra luggage and they wrote something on the boarding pass. At the same time, some western passengers with EXACTLY the same size cases were waved through without any questions. Also the other Filipino passengers were also let through without any questions. I asked them why they didn't check their bags and they said they weren't heavy. I asked, "How do you know if you haven't checked them?" I got no reply. This is a blatant case of racist behavior. Why is it that a Chinese looking person gets picked out. I am a British citizen with a British passport and I have used this carry on case on MANY MANY flights without problems, including the flight to Manila.

Why did your check in agent not say anything to us? There seems to be one rule for some people and one rule for another. I am disgusted by your representative's behavior and the double standards obviously in play. I want a refund for the costs involved in paying for the extra baggage and an apology from yourselves. I will not be using Cebu pacific again and I am recommending that none of my friends and family do either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

The moment you search for an available flight their system were amazingly fast, but when the time of re-booking (due on mislooked date/one day diff of my Int’l departure????‍ - as I am an OFW from Middle East) their system were down and not even responding for 20minutes which taking you time on filing info/adds-on again & again till the rate gets higher. (Patience is definitely a virtue for keeping on refreshing the site!) Plus the re-booking charge cost for domestic flight were Php1,500 [whaaatt??? Seriously, Cebu Pacific??? Ain’t even 24hrs ago] my original ticket cost is only Php1,848/-.

Original review: April 9, 2018

No further noticed staff are horrible esp to the manager of Cebu area Mr. **. He was very rude. My mom was a wheelchair-bound. Waited for 5 hrs to get another flight. They said that due to technical or weather problem but weather was very sunny with temp of 32... what a ** reasons. No compensations... ** services... wish Cebu Pacific will be close soon. Mr president please considered to help us to address this daily problem with Cebu Pac.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been a Cebu Pacific for years and had put up for flight delays, but my last experience was unforgivable. I have booked a flight for 2 adults for 4-2-18 to 4-5-18, round trip- Clark/Macau, My itinerary indicates that return trip is April 5, 2018 Thursday at 12:20 Am. My past trips indicated a flight change of schedule, but on my last trip, it did not send me via email about this flight change. This flight was misleading, so we missed our flight for Apr 5, 2018, I called Cebu Pac immediately after finding out that we missed our flight. The person I spoke to said that our return trip to Clark was forfeited, and will have to book another return trip for the next day.

I have paid Php 16,415.26 for the previous booking, and now Cebu Pac, charged me Php 34,901.54 for 2 adults for a 1 way flight to Clark for April 6, 2018. We did not have a choice, 'cause we have to get home. How I can address this issue with Cebu Pacific in writing? I would like to ask for a refund for at least half of the tickets that I paid for the April 5, 2018 flight that we missed, 'cause of lack of communication on their part. This is a "ripoff" and other people at Macau airport also said that they had missed their flight too on April 5, 2018, when we were there on April 6, for the April 7 flight schedule! Please help me address this issue to Cebu Pacific! Thank you for your help!

UPDATE ON 04/08/2018: I have found out that Cebu Pacific only flies on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, to Macau and back, yet my itinerary showed that our flight schedule was May 5, 2018, Thursday, so this where the confusion was.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I booked a flight 12 hrs ago. And they wouldn’t let me change a booking detail, I booked the ticket for 2,346 pesos and they just want me to do the travel fund which will end up to 600pesos only. How fair is that?!! You guys have this rule not to ask for penalties if the booking is within 24 hrs but you don’t actually help people and you just wait til it’s past the time due so passenger wouldn’t have any choice. This is a very rude company. If I can only tell the whole world how disappointed I am because of this airline, I would 100%.

I booked a flight 12 hrs ago. And they wouldn’t let me change a booking detail, I booked the ticket for 2,346 pesos and they just want me to do the travel fund which will end up to 600pesos only. How fair is that?!!! You guys have this rule not to ask for penalties if the booking is within 24 hrs but you don’t actually help people and you just wait til it’s past the time due so passenger wouldn’t have any choice. This is a very rude company. If I can only tell the whole world how disappointed I am because of this airline, I would 100%.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have booked an on sale air tickets for 6 bound to Manila from Tacloban on April 24, 2018 and paid for it from my card upon payment it said declined, due to experience of double charging from same Cebu Pacific Airlines last time. I did not retry to pay the fees again and exited instead. A few minutes later I have received a mail from PayPal that my "declined" payment to Cebu Pacific was confirmed so I went back to Cebu Pacific's website to recheck my booking, to my surprise the booking details is gone, I contacted their service center immediately and their only answer was that my payment is unsuccessful and the booking is not confirmed. (I rebooked and paid for a new one since their seat sale is almost over.)

I immediately sent them my proof of payment from PayPal and it took them over 24 hours to respond only to say that I need to send my proof of payment which I already did over 24 hours ago so I resent my invoice # to them and waited for their reply the following day saying that my booking was affected by the "failed authorization" and is being reinstated so they will send me my itinerary when it's done. When I opened their site to check on my other bookings the missing transaction has appeared and is confirmed and my payment was credited but I have to pay additional 7000 pesos! I paid on time and even contacted them in less than 24 hours to address the issue but took them so long to respond and is now overcharging me!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

CEBU PACIFIC AIRLINES is a hustler company. They pre-checked every add ons to make money so you really have to be very careful. Double check or even triple your forms before checking I agree button. I did on mine but they were still able to add the ** food which you really don't need for a 1 hour flight from Manila to Bacolod. I tried to calling and talk to them to please help me to modify my itinerary but no one will help you. I was so pissed and disappointed, if they cannot be a bit flexible just for a sandwich a lot of angry passengers is not going to support the business. No more Cebu Pacific for me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

BAD FOR BUSINESS TRIP!!! I WILL NO LONGER FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE ANYMORE. I have a business trip to Tokyo and I booked a flight to them Feb 15. Then here comes the long weekend. They sent me an itinerary receipt and then during the long weekend they sent me a notification that I need to pay them in cash!!! But according to Metrobank credit card they charged me already... For a long weekend I do not have access to withdraw from my passbook and my flight is already Monday February 19. So I cancelled my meeting and left my company with a bad impression from Japanese partners because I cancelled the meeting due to CEBU PACIFIC FAULT!!! Do not trust this airline if you are dealing with your business!!! All of the customer service doesn't know what they are talking about and very apathetic on the damages it has caused the business transaction!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

This airline is the worst I ever had in my life. I am a resident in US and taking vacation in Philippines for just 3 weeks so my schedule and itineraries is tight and needed to be followed. Cebu Pacific ruined my schedule. First of all, they changed my flight date of Feb to Apr, so I have to spend hours on the phone to fix this. Then, I have 2 cancelled flights in a span of 3 days on my trip to 2 cities to take vacation. Their reason is due to weather, however weather on those days are fine in the cities I am going, it's just a cloudy weather, no typhoon or rain at all. Then they just automatically rebook us the next day to a flight I did not agree or requests lol so I have to spend time to contact and email them again with no response.

They told me on my second cancelled flight that even PAL was cancelled but when I went to PAL they told me that all their airlines that day pushed through so I booked with PAL instead and PAL was able to bring me in the city that I originally planned even though I paid much higher, my schedule and itineraries are more important as there are events am catching and has already paid and booked the resort. Actually in my first cancellation, I totally missed the important event I need to attend.

I have my wife and 3 kids with me and the stress and inconvenience they brought to my family on our vacation is unforgivable. I can't even get my refunds yet on this flights as no one is answering in their email and customer hotline. I hope this airline will close down with the many passengers they brought stress and inconvenience. I advise everyone not to use Cebu Pacific, go with PAL instead even if it's more expensive as Cebu Pac airline will ruin your schedules and vacation. Worst airline ever!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We book a flight to Kalibo at 9:45 AM MNL-KLB then 11:45 AM KLB-MNL. First they moved the 11:45 AM KLB-MNL to 5:55 PM then later on they moved the 9:45 AM MNL-KLB to 10:30 PM which was really revolting since that's not the schedule that we purchased. Are they even allowed to do this? Then if you cancel this, you will be charged with so many fees (cancellation, tax, insurance, etc.). Are they even allowed to do this? I mean that's not what you purchased at the first place. I wouldn't purchase that schedule even if it's peso fare since we don't want to go to Boracay at the wee hours in the morning.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The worst of the worst airlines to Fly, I went back home for vacation last month and, Cebu Pacific was late for 2 hours to arrived in Bacolod City. Our departure should be 2:15, the plane arrived in Bacolod quarter to 4:00pm. The Plane hit the ground in Manila at 5:36 PM, I was trying to get some help from Cebu Pacific Customer Service to help me to get to International Door to check in so I won't miss my flight. Workers of Cebu Pacific are so DUMB who cannot offer help, All the answer in Domestic 3 was, "I don't know."

My International Flight in Manila was booked at 6:50 pm coming back in Washington State. I advice to take your international flight from Cebu for your international Flight if you have to take another Plane to go to Manila to take your flight. Or fly with Philippine Airlines at least 24 hours early, Mine was 5 hours early but still Cebu Pacific Screwed Up. I have to stay in Manila for 2 days and end up paying for my two days hotel and food and pay extra of 550 dollars for a guaranteed flight just to come back in Washington State. The WORST experience flying with CEBU PACIFIC. DO NOT BOOK A TICKET TO THIS AIRLINES.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We are trying to check in online today Singapore to Manila. We noticed that there was an add on for the amount PHP500+. I cannot undo this. My son is currently engaged with their frontline over the phone trying to work this out. Front liner says that we could have or someone could have logged in and purchased a seat reservation last Dec. 26, 2017. Ridiculous. We only started to check in online 2am of Dec 27. After an hour and a half of talking and waiting on the phone it got settled. I think this is a SCAM. Criminal I should say. Another friend also had the same experience. Imagine how many people were affected by this. Say Cebu Pac did this to 1000 people in a day. Then these people did not complain but just got sucked by the scam because they checked in at the airport or did not have time to argue. I wonder how much money Cebu Pacific is making out of duping their customers. DTI and NBI should come and take a look on this.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I booked online for a trip to Boracay for Jan 2018. My first time and didn’t realize that everything is pre-populated. I was surprised that my airfare added another 2k to it but thought it would be fees and admin so paid via credit card. Then when I checked the itinerary I had paid for reserved seats which I am unaware of. I asked my sister to ring them straight away only to be told that I need to pay 3k each for 4 person to rebook... What??? Ridiculous. I think the site was done like that on purpose to deceive the customers. NOT VERY HELPFUL. THEY ARE DECEIVING CUSTOMERS TO PAY MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was scheduled to fly to Manila from Hong Kong. When I arrived still within the time limit, staff, very rudely said I cannot board if I don't have return ticket. Due to several meetings that is being schedule I may have to come back to HK earlier than September 10, so I had not booked anything yet. My plan would clear in the next few days.

They very rudely dismissed me, then took me to Cebu Pacific ticket office to make me buy a return ticket. At the ticket booth, the staff was also not polite and gave me a very high ticket price. There was a young gentleman who was ushering me, and without me knowing what would happen if I don't fly today, he asked me if I am buying a ticket for the return and I said no, and he immediately ripped my boarding pass... Without saying that I would be losing it because it’s nonrefundable. I've never seen or experienced this in my life. All of the other passengers waiting for the ticketing office, also were extremely shocked. I was not told it's nonrefundable or that I would lose all ticket value and he walked away leaving me stranded in the middle of the airport.

Then they told me that it's on the email from CEBU that return ticket should be shown. However there is no such thing. When I looked over the ticket and received, there is nowhere this is clearly stated. There is no return ticket or outward ticket requirement on the email. Staff was extremely rude. This was my first time with Cebu Pacific and I've never been treated this badly before by any airline.

Email and instructions were not sufficient. I have been in contact with Cebu Facebook and email customer service. And they refuse to accept that their email instructions are not giving the right details. They keep repeating the same sentence "In our terms and conditions it states that it is passenger's sole responsibility to provide all complete and necessary documents upon check-in." I did present all documents to enter the country. Return plane ticket is not a document. Both airport staff was being dishonest when they said it's in the ticket disclaimer that "return ticket" is needed. It's not on it, and customer service is the worst airline customer service I have encountered. Pay a little more and Fly Philippine Airlines.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

While a passenger cannot board the plane because the very slow control on immigration (2 hrs 30 min) in advance. The company reject the rebooking for the next day and ask for full fare, while is absolutely not the responsibility of the passenger. It seems that could be a collusion between the immigration officer and the company, (this generate business). Many passengers in the same situation. Avoid this company.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have booked all my domestic flights around Visayan regions on their website. Be aware of the manage - purchase add-on. If making a booking, make sure that your flight will allow to purchase add-ons on check in baggage. I just realized that my flight cannot purchase add-ons online. I rang them up and inquire on how to purchase add-ons for my flights. They said that it's not allowed But if you check in at the airport and YOU HAVE EXCESS BAGGAGE, THE AIRCRAFT WILL ALLOW BUT FOR AN EXPENSIVE COST. So Kapamilya, other airlines may be a bit more expensive but they are more flexible on allowances for a cost. NOT WITH CEBU PACIFIC. They also change one of my flight and they want me to just accept it. I asked if they can at least give me something for the inconvenience they've caused me but they said there is nothing they can do except for an additional cost.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I booked a flight on their website for Jan 23! next year. I get an email that it's for June 23 next week! I call them up figuring I would have to pay a change over fee or maybe get lucky and have some decency since it's been less than 48 hours. (Didn't get confirmation email until this morning and was at work all day.) Nope they want to charge me 11000PHP to change my flight with fees. My original flight was only 8600! I can rebook the flight online for 8600 as a new flight! So I go screw it. I will cancel my original and get a credit.

They charge me 8000PHP to cancel the flight and here is the kicker. My new shiny 600 credit can only be used over the phone not online booking! So I have the girl book me the same flight and seats I picked online and her price is 9200! Because over the phone is more expensive. These people don't care about anyone and just want to give you the shaft. Stay as far away from them as possible. I hate that I have to fly with them to go to Bangkok for my flight home. Has me really worried!

Original review: June 10, 2017

We bought tickets going to Mindanao last March. With the situation of that area, we decided to cancel our trip. This company refused to refund or reroute our tickets. They are such a money hungry. This company does not care for the safety of their passengers!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY TICKETS FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 3, 2017

I will never fly with Cebu Pacific again either. They suddenly cancelled routes from Riyadh, Kuwait and Doha claiming it was no longer 'sustainable' for them to continue the route but they falsely advertise this service right up until the day they email me with the news. Now it's been 9 days I've been waiting for someone to get back to me about my transfer to another airline but so far nothing. I'm forced to keep ringing their premium phone line from England (130 PHP per min) but I just get told to wait as I am no longer entitled to a refund now as I chose to transfer.

Original review: May 29, 2017

It would be hypocritical of me to say that I hate Cebu Pacific because whenever I am in the Philippines, I fly 4-6 times a year with them (oftentimes purchasing at regular fare) -- yet this would not stop me from saying that they are not even close to being the BEST. Their number one downfall would be their Customer Service. They lack the basics, and I say this because I have worked as a CSR. I won't mind if they shut-down!

I once called in because I made a mistake in booking Iloilo-Manila ticket when I was supposed to book Manila-Iloilo (I was in Manila, and booked at 3 am, impulsively!). I know I was at fault, but I called in immediately to inform them of this error and they still want me to pay the rerouting fee. That was after P300 worth of phone minutes because their rep READ TO ME an entire paragraph from the T&C which I've repeatedly told her that I am so aware of. That was why I contacted them for consideration. I ended up rebooking the entire flight ON MY OWN to a different day because the flight that day has been taken up (thanks to their very slow CSRs and system).

Even my aunt has a major concern regarding them that has not been addressed yet (after 2 years!). My nephew has been asked to pay for an unaccompanied minor fee for the first time after a few flights and then was asked to accommodate someone else's baggage. He was then advised to go with the person whose baggage was included on his (he had 7 kg. to spare) and was told that if anyone asks, he was to say that man was his cousin. This has alarmed my aunt because what if that man's luggage had illegal items and my cousin's name would register as the owner and why did they make him pay UM fee only to be accompanied by a stranger?

My aunt raised this concern to a manager at Bacolod Airport, through e-mail and Facebook - and I called in again last month regarding this incident and still no one has come up with a viable response as to how could they let this security breach happen. I hope someone still look into this, otherwise, it could happen again to a poor unsuspecting child!

Original review: May 25, 2017

This airline is the worst airlines I've ever flown. Unluckily, I have to fly with this crap because there's no other airlines flying to our province. The price of the tickets are way too expensive. Flights to some Asian destinations are much cheaper than the price to our province. They are making advantage of it because it is the only airline flying to our province. What a shame! Not all people flying to our province are rich, some are hardworking people who just want to visit their family or just want to have a glimpse of this beautiful island in a faster way like flying with an airline. Their service is not even satisfying. They have delays all the time.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Where can I legally file a complaint... This is just too much. I have no idea why this airline is still in business... I booked online a flight for my auntie, Manila to Butuan city. At the airport, she was told she needed to pay cash or they wouldn't let her board the plane 'cause the credit card used purchasing the ticket was declined, which is a big lie and complete BS ‘cause you #CebuPacific already charged the credit card. My aunt was traveling alone and being the pacifist that she is didn't make a scene.

After calling your supervisor and provided receipt for the purchase, you changed your story as to why she can't board the plane. That the credit was not in her name...!!! Have you specified that when we made the purchase then we would've provided the proof that the purchase was all legal and with consent... Then you told her that it was too late, she can't board the plane now... After travelling for almost two hours to get to the airport? When the people that would be picking her up in Butuan were already on their way. Pagka bastos ninyo... Have you no decency? Tao pa ba inyong panan-aw sa inyong pasahero...? You never even offered to rebook her...? And on top of it all, you would not refund? Gagmay ra man hinuon mi nga tao. My complaint might not make a dent... But I swear, as long as I live, I will never ever fly #CebuPacific again.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Bought a ticket on March 28, 2017 for a roundtrip ticket to Cagayan de Oro. Unfortunately, plans have changed so I decided to rebook. What a surprise! Initial charge which was paid ay 12K (me and my son), rebooking would cost me an extra 11K so I thought maybe I should just cancel and get the travel fund then purchase another ticket. GUESS WHAT? Another surprise! Cancelling costs P16,874.80! What's in there? Fees and Taxes: P1443.20. Spoilage Fee: P3,404.80 (what the F is a spoilage fee by the way?). Cancel/Change Fee: P12,026.80. Total of P16,874.80. What a rip off! They are first class thieves that takes money from hardworking people. Guess what? NO MORE CEBU PACIFIC for me either!

The owner should be ashamed of himself for stealing money in your face! I hope karma gets them soon. I can't wait for that to happen. No worries, what goes around comes around and I'm pretty sure that when they get it, it will hurt more. Who knows, the stolen money will just be used to rehabilitate all their kids and grandkids.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I helped a friend to buy a round trip ticket on www.cebupacificair.com on early March, 2017. At first attempt I inputted all details to the system, and went through the payment screens with my credit card, but my ticket was being on hold, said there's some payment issues. My first response is cancelling the request, and used another credit card to perform the transaction. This time everything works, and my friend received its itinerary ticket via email. Few days later, to my surprise, both of my cards were charged! I immediately filed a customer services request at their web, and it asked me to wait for 7 working days. It's the 10th day now and I still got no response from them. After reading through all reviews of this company on this website, I now know I have literally no chance to get my money back. Shame on them. Never use their service again.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I used my credit card to purchase Cebu Pacific ticket online going to Puerto Princesa. I normally receive text message from my credit card once the transaction went through. I received the text message from my bank saying that the charge from Cebu Pacific went through. Right after I received that message I received another text message which came from Cebu Pacific saying that transaction has been declined! I called my bank immediately and they confirmed that Cebu Pacific already taken out the amount! They advised me to call Cebu Pacific. I called Cebu Pacific customer care and I was told to go to the airport more than 4 hours before my flight time which is the next day at 3:15PM to settle the amount.

With all my frustrations I went to the airport 4 hours before and went to Cebu Pacific ticket office. I was told that I need to pay cash and they will charge back the amount debited from my credit card in 10 to 15 days! I told Aaron (the one assisting me from the office) that it means the amount was really charged to my credit card?! It was never declined! Then why I need to pay in cash?! This is like double charging?! I paid them in cash and my credit card was charged as well! What an experience indeed for using their website! I WILL NEVER FLY AGAIN WITH CEBUPAC!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I cancelled a flight last Dec 14, 2016 and I Inquired why I was not getting a notification from my credit card that I have been refunded from the said cancelled flight. The one I talked to read me a note that I will not get a refund anymore, and even told me that I should not be asking those questions "if only I read" the statement. Fine, so thank you for that blunt comment. So I proceeded asking for the travel fund that he said was the only thing I can avail. It will expire on April 10, 2017. So I said I will use it to book a flight to Laoag. Unfortunately, they don't have flights going there anymore. I asked then if there are other ways to avail it. He hanged the phone. It's only Php1,700 but I want a clear answer. Worst airline I transacted with.

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Information