3.45/5

216 Cebu Pacific Airlines Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 6, 2019

Today I had validation that my frustration against Cebu Pacific Air is justified. I argued with their staff as I was processing the payment for my excess kilos. They wrote the company name incorrectly on the OR. I dunno how she got it wrong since I gave her a laminated card with the company name, TIN and address printed on it but she still wrote it wrong. Now she’s saying she’s not allowed to adjust it. And a few minutes later she’s saying that writing the company name wasn’t allowed in the first place. I showed her a perfectly written OR I got from NAIA. And her response was so funny. She said na, “Baka yung teller sa Manila yung may hindi alam.”

I really wanted to tell her, “If you’re gonna lie, come up with a better one because you’re just embarrassing yourself... tremendously.” But I didn’t. Because in the next counter, there’s a foreigner arguing with another one of their tellers. And he was so pissed and aggravated that the CebPac sup had to call the airport police. And in typical Filipina behaviour, another passenger shouted on the top of her lungs, “GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!” It was so fun. So so fun. Thank you Cebu Pacific for this wonderful experience.

Original review: June 5, 2019

If only I could give this ** airlines multiple zeros for all the flight delays and cancelled flights I had, it’s just ridiculous. Now I got another 3 hr flight delay and was just told at the check in counter. No emails or whatsoever, no advisory. Staff didn’t care. Didn’t even bother telling the truth to what's the real reason behind the delay. If you want to save money on flights, don't waste your time energy and money of this cheap airlines. Will never book another trip here. Just plain stupid.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I am very disappointed with the service I got with Cebu Pacific while in vacations in the Philippines. Although it was only a half an hour flight, we lost a whole day just going from Manila to Cebu and on the way back we had to cancel the flight because you moved it 7 hours ahead without any notice in useful time. On the 24th April our flight was scheduled to leave from Manila at 4.15pm and when we arrived the airport was a total chaos with many delays and cancellations. We did not receive any notice that there were disturbances in the flights. We only departed from Manila airport at 6.30pm and we arrived in Cebu at 8pm (when we were supposed to arrive at 5.50pm). It’s inconceivable that an hour an half flight takes up a whole day in 2 week vacation…

But I would be ok if it was only that… In the meantime, we had scheduled another flight to return to Manila on the 4th May at 0.30am. As we knew that there were disturbances (not by any Cebu Pacific notification), we were paying attention to the app and website, so that we could make sure we could return to Manila and get our flight back to Lisbon. That’s when on the 25 April I get a notification that “there was an unauthorized access to a GetGo application server which has now been secured” and that “all GetGo online channels will be unavailable”. So, at this point may data was not safe and I was not able to check if my flight on the 3rd would be ok. By the way, I need an update on this point and I will need a confirmation that all my data is erased after my refund (more details explained below).

I contacted Cebu Pacific helpdesk in April 26 (Customer Care Reference Number: **) trying to understand if everything was ok with my flight and reservation. They answered only 2 days after saying that the reservation was ok but not referring to any flight. Again, I asked for the specific flight on the 4th May at 0.30am (since the reservation reference was the same than the one on our previous flight - DDNLSZ) and I only got an answer from the help desk on the 1st May at 1:48 PM (more details explained below).

In the meantime, on the 1st May, first thing in the morning, as I knew that the check in was now available, I got into my Cebu Pacific web account to check the status. I was deeply surprised when I got into my account on the website and was finally able to see that my flight had been moved from 0:30 am to 6.00am (4th May). Again, no previous notification. And I asked the helpdesk. And I only receive an email giving me notice on this change on 2nd May at 9:54 AM. Considering that our flight back to Lisbon was at 7.15 am in Manila on the 4th May, this 6am flight from Cebu to Manila was definably not an option for us. I tried to change to a previous flight but there were no options, so I just gave up and cancelled and asked refund.

I had to schedule a whole new flight with other air company for 2 people, with only 2 days in advance, that costed double that we had previously booked with Cebu Pacific. Our flight with Cebu Pacific was 116€, and the new one costed us twice as that. And by the way, we did not get a refund yet. And it passed already one month since the cancelation.

After having all sorted out (old flight cancelled, new flight booked in other company) I finally get an email back from the helpdesk (at 1st May 1.48pm) saying that they noticed the flight I was asking about was already cancelled and asked for refund (big help!! :S ). And I only get a notice from Cebu Pacific saying that our flight was moved (at this point it there was no flight in my booking anymore…) on the 2nd May at 9.54am.

Original review: May 16, 2019

To say this airline is bad is an understatement. In putting together a complex itinerary for my wife, it was overlooked to prepay for one extra bag (weighing 22kg) on her flight from Manila to Bohol. A simple oversight, right? Nope. We had to shell out $110 USD not only for the extra bag, but they also weighed the carry on and it was like 1kg over the ridiculous 7kg limit. How much did they charge me for this? MORE THAN 5X THE PREPAY. But wait! There's more! My wife was supposed to arrive a good 5 hours before the flight, but due to delays by Hong Kong airlines, she was there 3 hours and 50 minutes before the flight. 10 minutes after the 4-hour cutoff (where we could have paid <$20 for all of it).

The staff (including the supervisor) refused to do anything or make any considerations. Robots. All of them. Customer support (online) was the exact same. Nobody cared and everyone just cited the online details. So we had to pay more than the cost of the entire ticket (which was $80 or so) just to bring on an extra 22kg suitcase AND we were charged extra for a carry-on which was NOT heavy or unusual. This airline is nickel and diming its customers and essentially extorting money from them at the "last minute". We’ll never, ever fly this airline again and hope others make the same decision.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The manner in which they conduct business would be considered fraud in the west. Everything everyone else has complained on is spot on accurate. The airline is what you could consider ala mode in ticket pricing. Other airlines like Cathay Pacific or Delta which fly direct out of the Philippines offer a hassle free rebooking and their tickets are more generous, or inclusive like free bag check in depending on where. Cebu Pacific you will pay for every item you bring on flight. If you have to rebook it’s true you can’t get a refund but you’re not out the money like you will be with Cebu Pacific. Their refund isn’t for much in what you paid. Their customer service is real good at call avoidance. I used to work at a call center. When the line gets silent it means agent had the phone and when the music comes back on it means they didn’t feel like answering.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Original review: May 4, 2019

Flight schedule changed from 2:20 pm to 5 pm, then just yesterday Cebu Pacific informed us that our flight schedule is once again moved. Our 2:20 pm flight is now moved to 7:30 pm!!! They didn't even provide any reason for the change of schedule. We chose that schedule for a reason. Clearly, Cebu Pacific does not care at all if you have important plans. I recommend this airline to those who does not mind flight delays. Cebu Pac never fails to disappoint.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I just recently booked Manila to Tokyo and Tokyo to Manila for Dec 2019 for 3 pax. Suddenly after I received the confirmation, it became Manila to Singapore and Singapore to Manila. I called the customer service. I paid 42k pesos for this travel. The CS told me, I cannot refund the whole amount. I can only get the travel fund which is 16k pesos, else I need to reroute and pay another 80k? Total of 120k? Who the hell are they? Is this airline a first class airline? My fault is I don't have the screenshot that it was really Manila to Tokyo (Narita) and not Singapore. This airline is too much! Is there any government agency to help us in this kind of situation and avoid this company to easily get our money? I want my money back and swear! I will never ever book your airline again! Kahit pa sabihin nyong ZERO fare kayo!

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Really @cebupacificair? This is the 3rd time you change the flight of my 80 year old Father. Pagabi ng pagabi no? So INCONSIDERATE! This serves as a warning to all who will be flying or travelling in the future, DO NOT CHOOSE @cebupacificair because you will just be piss off by their service. THIRD TIME THEY CHANGE OUR FLIGHT ok lang sana kung di kasama Senior Citizen. You deserve a shoutout @cebupacificair and my MIDDLE FINGER salutes you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Booked 2 meal service for my MNL-DXB flight. First meal service was served 1-hour late because purser forgot my order. Got told that my meal was still being thawed as still frozen. 2nd ordered meal was not served for unknown reason. Contacted customer care and got response that based on my boarding pass, my meal was served. Either I had short-term memory loss or someone is lying.

Resolution response: Jan. 10, 2019

So this is now resolved.

My disappointment is just, for an airline company, they dont have a phone support - you can only communicate with them via email and DMs from twitter and facebook . If I have only talked to someone from their support (well, via phone), maybe this was resolved immediately - why? The answers via email/DMs from their support is obviously not reading my previous replies and that is irritating and maybe the reason I look to review their services.

1 star for the free flight

1 star for the great customer support experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

So, my father and mother in law is scheduled for a flight from Manila to Cebu last December 31. They were advised that somewhat they are transferred to a much smaller plane and was given a free flight voucher for the inconvenience it has caused. Now, I am trying to redeem this free flight. Steps include that I need to login to my GetGO account. And here comes the issue. I can no longer log in with the account since it was inactive. This is what their support says, "Please be advised that to keep your account active, you need to have at least 1 earning activity within 12 consecutive months."

So from what I understand, you should be a frequent flier to make your account active - at least for a year. For a domestic budget airliner - this is crap. So since it is inactive, I then can't use the free flight? Note that I am no longer travelling with Singapore Airlines, but guess what - my KrisFlyer account is perfectly active. I'm trying to reach with CebuPac's call centre base here in Cebu and wasn't able to talk to someone as the "robot" is saying that they can only attend to inquiries sent via Twitter/FB accounts. I am communicating them through email, but takes years to reply. I already booked for the return ticket of my in-laws to a different airline and didn't avail their free ** flight.

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Information