2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.39/5

Cebu Pacific Airlines Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Original review: April 29, 2020

It has been 40 days since Cebu Pacific cancelled my flight from Australia to Manila and Cebu to Australia advising me via email of my forthcoming refund. One leg was booked via Trip.com. Today I called them and they advised me it may take 2 or 3 billing cycles for a refund to reach my credit card. Omggg. On top 40 days already. Originally they weren't going to refund my excess baggage of $63 aud on a flight that was cancelled? Somehow my emails made them see the light and that money has arrived. Accommodation booked thru Hotels.com was refunded in days. My return leg I booked direct with Cebu Pacific and I just got off the phone to them and they advised it could take 4 to 5 billing cycles for a refund. I am guessing they have everyone's money in a fund somewhere gaining interest. Not good enough. I am not confident of ever receiving a refund.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2020

My flight from Manilla to Macau was cancelled the 2nd February at 7 pm just as I was supposed to embark. First excuse, the Hongkong government closed its frontier. What does that have to do with me, going to Macau? Ten minutes later, they said that the Filipino government won’t let any plane coming from China to the Philippines. Still, I want to go to China, I am not coming from there. So, what does it have to do with me again? Afterwards, they told me that every company in the Philippines are forbidden to go to China, Hong Kong and Macau. Finally, a good reason, but why did they lie before?

Because I was in transit and didn’t have the stamp, they put me in a hall. There, they took my passport, a really stressful situation. They wouldn’t tell me what was happening and what I could do. I was anxious because the day after I had a flight from Macau to Taipei and from Taipei to Paris. I needed to go to Macau as fast as possible. I was sitting on the floor, hungry, tired and scared of the people of Cebu Airlines. They talked to me, as if they were talking to a dog. I was not considered with respect and I was scared. I asked if I could call my French embassy with their phone, they wouldn’t let me (I broke my phone the week before).

Finally, at 11 pm, they came to me and asked me to take another flight to another place. Luckily, I have money, can you imagine someone who doesn’t? How would he or she do? I had no other choice than to take a flight to Paris at 7 am. After showing them the proof that I had a ticket, they still wouldn’t let me leave the hall. Why??? Now I was afraid I would miss this new plane. I was cold on the floor because of the fans. My back hurt. I wanted to leave. During my time in this hall, I witnessed two scenes that broke my heart. First, I saw a man, who was apparently here for a long long time, trying to escape. He didn’t run much until the police hit him badly with truncheons. Then, I saw a Chinese mother begging on her knees with her two children and the staff shouting at her to stop with anger. I am 19 years old, I can tell you I will never forget this.

At 2 am, they gave me my passport back. What did they do with it? Why did they need it? I left this hall of despair right after and finally got to take my plane back home. Guess what, it’s only after, that I learned that only the Filippo airlines wouldn’t go to China. They lied to me again. I could have taken a flight with AirAsia to China.

Now about being refund, what a swindle! They first didn’t understand my request. Because I had received a boarding pass, they thought I got on the plane. Don’t they see on their screen that the flight was cancelled? Right now, I am being refund of a modest sum. I am not even thinking about how much money I spend with international calls. Their website is of no use. I didn’t catch my flight from Macau to Paris via Taipei because of them. I had to take another flight instantly from Manilla to Paris because of them. I was mistreated by them. I deserve more than a modest sum. Cebu Pacific is the worst airline I have ever taken. Their service is no service.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

1. They left our check-in baggages w/out letting us know. HKG flight. We waited for hours only to be given information that all our check in baggages were left.

2. Being passed around when I needed assistance with checking in. No mgr ever came. Agents don't give an eff. Even if you try to do it nicely.

3. Their system is a rip off. They never want to help you. I have two flights that I was willing to reroute/rebook with paying a fee, but they just give you run arounds. They want you to buy new tickets again. All hard earned money spent on nothing.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

I just made a change to my booking and before I did the payment it only showed me a new fare of over 3000 pesos but after I did the payment it presented me with a lot of other charges including "Spoilage" etc, and charged me about 8000 pesos, this is not right and this just robbery. I could have booked that flight for less than 3000 pesos with a different airline. I would like the extra charges to be taken off the bill because if I had seen them I would not have made the change and just booked the ticket with a different airline. I am very upset about this and I am waiting for a response. On Cebu should not be doing this to customers.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2019

Flight 5J994 today, 10/30/2019 Gensan-Manila has been cancelled. We have checked in online last night and everything was fine. Imagine waking up this morning preparing for your long flight local and international but the worst nightmare is you woke up with a text message that your flight has been cancelled!!!! Don't Cebu Pacific knows that WE BOOK A FLIGHT FOR A REASON! WE BOOK THE SUITABLE TIME IN ADVANCE FOR A REASON!!! FYI we have another flight to catch (international) and you just text us with an option to rebook or refund the flight? Common guys, don't you know the hassle you have inflicted a passenger? Will you take care of our international flight as well because of the damage for cancelling our local flight? Refund is not enough, you have should pay for all the money and hassle we spent for booking another flight with another airline. Thanks God, PAL is on the rescue!!!

Original review: July 6, 2019

Today I had validation that my frustration against Cebu Pacific Air is justified. I argued with their staff as I was processing the payment for my excess kilos. They wrote the company name incorrectly on the OR. I dunno how she got it wrong since I gave her a laminated card with the company name, TIN and address printed on it but she still wrote it wrong. Now she’s saying she’s not allowed to adjust it. And a few minutes later she’s saying that writing the company name wasn’t allowed in the first place. I showed her a perfectly written OR I got from NAIA. And her response was so funny. She said na, “Baka yung teller sa Manila yung may hindi alam.”

I really wanted to tell her, “If you’re gonna lie, come up with a better one because you’re just embarrassing yourself... tremendously.” But I didn’t. Because in the next counter, there’s a foreigner arguing with another one of their tellers. And he was so pissed and aggravated that the CebPac sup had to call the airport police. And in typical Filipina behaviour, another passenger shouted on the top of her lungs, “GET OUT OF OUR COUNTRY!” It was so fun. So so fun. Thank you Cebu Pacific for this wonderful experience.

Original review: June 5, 2019

If only I could give this ** airlines multiple zeros for all the flight delays and cancelled flights I had, it’s just ridiculous. Now I got another 3 hr flight delay and was just told at the check in counter. No emails or whatsoever, no advisory. Staff didn’t care. Didn’t even bother telling the truth to what's the real reason behind the delay. If you want to save money on flights, don't waste your time energy and money of this cheap airlines. Will never book another trip here. Just plain stupid.

Original review: June 3, 2019

I am very disappointed with the service I got with Cebu Pacific while in vacations in the Philippines. Although it was only a half an hour flight, we lost a whole day just going from Manila to Cebu and on the way back we had to cancel the flight because you moved it 7 hours ahead without any notice in useful time. On the 24th April our flight was scheduled to leave from Manila at 4.15pm and when we arrived the airport was a total chaos with many delays and cancellations. We did not receive any notice that there were disturbances in the flights. We only departed from Manila airport at 6.30pm and we arrived in Cebu at 8pm (when we were supposed to arrive at 5.50pm). It’s inconceivable that an hour an half flight takes up a whole day in 2 week vacation…

But I would be ok if it was only that… In the meantime, we had scheduled another flight to return to Manila on the 4th May at 0.30am. As we knew that there were disturbances (not by any Cebu Pacific notification), we were paying attention to the app and website, so that we could make sure we could return to Manila and get our flight back to Lisbon. That’s when on the 25 April I get a notification that “there was an unauthorized access to a GetGo application server which has now been secured” and that “all GetGo online channels will be unavailable”. So, at this point may data was not safe and I was not able to check if my flight on the 3rd would be ok. By the way, I need an update on this point and I will need a confirmation that all my data is erased after my refund (more details explained below).

I contacted Cebu Pacific helpdesk in April 26 (Customer Care Reference Number: **) trying to understand if everything was ok with my flight and reservation. They answered only 2 days after saying that the reservation was ok but not referring to any flight. Again, I asked for the specific flight on the 4th May at 0.30am (since the reservation reference was the same than the one on our previous flight - DDNLSZ) and I only got an answer from the help desk on the 1st May at 1:48 PM (more details explained below).

In the meantime, on the 1st May, first thing in the morning, as I knew that the check in was now available, I got into my Cebu Pacific web account to check the status. I was deeply surprised when I got into my account on the website and was finally able to see that my flight had been moved from 0:30 am to 6.00am (4th May). Again, no previous notification. And I asked the helpdesk. And I only receive an email giving me notice on this change on 2nd May at 9:54 AM. Considering that our flight back to Lisbon was at 7.15 am in Manila on the 4th May, this 6am flight from Cebu to Manila was definably not an option for us. I tried to change to a previous flight but there were no options, so I just gave up and cancelled and asked refund.

I had to schedule a whole new flight with other air company for 2 people, with only 2 days in advance, that costed double that we had previously booked with Cebu Pacific. Our flight with Cebu Pacific was 116€, and the new one costed us twice as that. And by the way, we did not get a refund yet. And it passed already one month since the cancelation.

After having all sorted out (old flight cancelled, new flight booked in other company) I finally get an email back from the helpdesk (at 1st May 1.48pm) saying that they noticed the flight I was asking about was already cancelled and asked for refund (big help!! :S ). And I only get a notice from Cebu Pacific saying that our flight was moved (at this point it there was no flight in my booking anymore…) on the 2nd May at 9.54am.

Original review: May 16, 2019

To say this airline is bad is an understatement. In putting together a complex itinerary for my wife, it was overlooked to prepay for one extra bag (weighing 22kg) on her flight from Manila to Bohol. A simple oversight, right? Nope. We had to shell out $110 USD not only for the extra bag, but they also weighed the carry on and it was like 1kg over the ridiculous 7kg limit. How much did they charge me for this? MORE THAN 5X THE PREPAY. But wait! There's more! My wife was supposed to arrive a good 5 hours before the flight, but due to delays by Hong Kong airlines, she was there 3 hours and 50 minutes before the flight. 10 minutes after the 4-hour cutoff (where we could have paid <$20 for all of it).

The staff (including the supervisor) refused to do anything or make any considerations. Robots. All of them. Customer support (online) was the exact same. Nobody cared and everyone just cited the online details. So we had to pay more than the cost of the entire ticket (which was $80 or so) just to bring on an extra 22kg suitcase AND we were charged extra for a carry-on which was NOT heavy or unusual. This airline is nickel and diming its customers and essentially extorting money from them at the "last minute". We’ll never, ever fly this airline again and hope others make the same decision.

Original review: May 6, 2019

The manner in which they conduct business would be considered fraud in the west. Everything everyone else has complained on is spot on accurate. The airline is what you could consider ala mode in ticket pricing. Other airlines like Cathay Pacific or Delta which fly direct out of the Philippines offer a hassle free rebooking and their tickets are more generous, or inclusive like free bag check in depending on where. Cebu Pacific you will pay for every item you bring on flight. If you have to rebook it’s true you can’t get a refund but you’re not out the money like you will be with Cebu Pacific. Their refund isn’t for much in what you paid. Their customer service is real good at call avoidance. I used to work at a call center. When the line gets silent it means agent had the phone and when the music comes back on it means they didn’t feel like answering.

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Information