1.13/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Cebu Pacific Airlines

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

185 Cebu Pacific Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I booked online for a trip to Boracay for Jan 2018. My first time and didn’t realize that everything is pre-populated. I was surprised that my airfare added another 2k to it but thought it would be fees and admin so paid via credit card. Then when I checked the itinerary I had paid for reserved seats which I am unaware of. I asked my sister to ring them straight away only to be told that I need to pay 3k each for 4 person to rebook... What??? Ridiculous. I think the site was done like that on purpose to deceive the customers. NOT VERY HELPFUL. THEY ARE DECEIVING CUSTOMERS TO PAY MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was scheduled to fly to Manila from Hong Kong. When I arrived still within the time limit, staff, very rudely said I cannot board if I don't have return ticket. Due to several meetings that is being schedule I may have to come back to HK earlier than September 10, so I had not booked anything yet. My plan would clear in the next few days.

They very rudely dismissed me, then took me to Cebu Pacific ticket office to make me buy a return ticket. At the ticket booth, the staff was also not polite and gave me a very high ticket price. There was a young gentleman who was ushering me, and without me knowing what would happen if I don't fly today, he asked me if I am buying a ticket for the return and I said no, and he immediately ripped my boarding pass... Without saying that I would be losing it because it’s nonrefundable. I've never seen or experienced this in my life. All of the other passengers waiting for the ticketing office, also were extremely shocked. I was not told it's nonrefundable or that I would lose all ticket value and he walked away leaving me stranded in the middle of the airport.

Then they told me that it's on the email from CEBU that return ticket should be shown. However there is no such thing. When I looked over the ticket and received, there is nowhere this is clearly stated. There is no return ticket or outward ticket requirement on the email. Staff was extremely rude. This was my first time with Cebu Pacific and I've never been treated this badly before by any airline.

Email and instructions were not sufficient. I have been in contact with Cebu Facebook and email customer service. And they refuse to accept that their email instructions are not giving the right details. They keep repeating the same sentence "In our terms and conditions it states that it is passenger's sole responsibility to provide all complete and necessary documents upon check-in." I did present all documents to enter the country. Return plane ticket is not a document. Both airport staff was being dishonest when they said it's in the ticket disclaimer that "return ticket" is needed. It's not on it, and customer service is the worst airline customer service I have encountered. Pay a little more and Fly Philippine Airlines.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

While a passenger cannot board the plane because the very slow control on immigration (2 hrs 30 min) in advance. The company reject the rebooking for the next day and ask for full fare, while is absolutely not the responsibility of the passenger. It seems that could be a collusion between the immigration officer and the company, (this generate business). Many passengers in the same situation. Avoid this company.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have booked all my domestic flights around Visayan regions on their website. Be aware of the manage - purchase add-on. If making a booking, make sure that your flight will allow to purchase add-ons on check in baggage. I just realized that my flight cannot purchase add-ons online. I rang them up and inquire on how to purchase add-ons for my flights. They said that it's not allowed But if you check in at the airport and YOU HAVE EXCESS BAGGAGE, THE AIRCRAFT WILL ALLOW BUT FOR AN EXPENSIVE COST. So Kapamilya, other airlines may be a bit more expensive but they are more flexible on allowances for a cost. NOT WITH CEBU PACIFIC. They also change one of my flight and they want me to just accept it. I asked if they can at least give me something for the inconvenience they've caused me but they said there is nothing they can do except for an additional cost.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I booked a flight on their website for Jan 23! next year. I get an email that it's for June 23 next week! I call them up figuring I would have to pay a change over fee or maybe get lucky and have some decency since it's been less than 48 hours. (Didn't get confirmation email until this morning and was at work all day.) Nope they want to charge me 11000PHP to change my flight with fees. My original flight was only 8600! I can rebook the flight online for 8600 as a new flight! So I go screw it. I will cancel my original and get a credit.

They charge me 8000PHP to cancel the flight and here is the kicker. My new shiny 600 credit can only be used over the phone not online booking! So I have the girl book me the same flight and seats I picked online and her price is 9200! Because over the phone is more expensive. These people don't care about anyone and just want to give you the shaft. Stay as far away from them as possible. I hate that I have to fly with them to go to Bangkok for my flight home. Has me really worried!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Original review: June 10, 2017

We bought tickets going to Mindanao last March. With the situation of that area, we decided to cancel our trip. This company refused to refund or reroute our tickets. They are such a money hungry. This company does not care for the safety of their passengers!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY TICKETS FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Original review: June 3, 2017

I will never fly with Cebu Pacific again either. They suddenly cancelled routes from Riyadh, Kuwait and Doha claiming it was no longer 'sustainable' for them to continue the route but they falsely advertise this service right up until the day they email me with the news. Now it's been 9 days I've been waiting for someone to get back to me about my transfer to another airline but so far nothing. I'm forced to keep ringing their premium phone line from England (130 PHP per min) but I just get told to wait as I am no longer entitled to a refund now as I chose to transfer.

Original review: May 29, 2017

It would be hypocritical of me to say that I hate Cebu Pacific because whenever I am in the Philippines, I fly 4-6 times a year with them (oftentimes purchasing at regular fare) -- yet this would not stop me from saying that they are not even close to being the BEST. Their number one downfall would be their Customer Service. They lack the basics, and I say this because I have worked as a CSR. I won't mind if they shut-down!

I once called in because I made a mistake in booking Iloilo-Manila ticket when I was supposed to book Manila-Iloilo (I was in Manila, and booked at 3 am, impulsively!). I know I was at fault, but I called in immediately to inform them of this error and they still want me to pay the rerouting fee. That was after P300 worth of phone minutes because their rep READ TO ME an entire paragraph from the T&C which I've repeatedly told her that I am so aware of. That was why I contacted them for consideration. I ended up rebooking the entire flight ON MY OWN to a different day because the flight that day has been taken up (thanks to their very slow CSRs and system).

Even my aunt has a major concern regarding them that has not been addressed yet (after 2 years!). My nephew has been asked to pay for an unaccompanied minor fee for the first time after a few flights and then was asked to accommodate someone else's baggage. He was then advised to go with the person whose baggage was included on his (he had 7 kg. to spare) and was told that if anyone asks, he was to say that man was his cousin. This has alarmed my aunt because what if that man's luggage had illegal items and my cousin's name would register as the owner and why did they make him pay UM fee only to be accompanied by a stranger?

My aunt raised this concern to a manager at Bacolod Airport, through e-mail and Facebook - and I called in again last month regarding this incident and still no one has come up with a viable response as to how could they let this security breach happen. I hope someone still look into this, otherwise, it could happen again to a poor unsuspecting child!

Original review: May 25, 2017

This airline is the worst airlines I've ever flown. Unluckily, I have to fly with this crap because there's no other airlines flying to our province. The price of the tickets are way too expensive. Flights to some Asian destinations are much cheaper than the price to our province. They are making advantage of it because it is the only airline flying to our province. What a shame! Not all people flying to our province are rich, some are hardworking people who just want to visit their family or just want to have a glimpse of this beautiful island in a faster way like flying with an airline. Their service is not even satisfying. They have delays all the time.

Original review: May 11, 2017

Where can I legally file a complaint... This is just too much. I have no idea why this airline is still in business... I booked online a flight for my auntie, Manila to Butuan city. At the airport, she was told she needed to pay cash or they wouldn't let her board the plane 'cause the credit card used purchasing the ticket was declined, which is a big lie and complete BS ‘cause you #CebuPacific already charged the credit card. My aunt was traveling alone and being the pacifist that she is didn't make a scene.

After calling your supervisor and provided receipt for the purchase, you changed your story as to why she can't board the plane. That the credit was not in her name...!!! Have you specified that when we made the purchase then we would've provided the proof that the purchase was all legal and with consent... Then you told her that it was too late, she can't board the plane now... After travelling for almost two hours to get to the airport? When the people that would be picking her up in Butuan were already on their way. Pagka bastos ninyo... Have you no decency? Tao pa ba inyong panan-aw sa inyong pasahero...? You never even offered to rebook her...? And on top of it all, you would not refund? Gagmay ra man hinuon mi nga tao. My complaint might not make a dent... But I swear, as long as I live, I will never ever fly #CebuPacific again.

Original review: April 7, 2017

Bought a ticket on March 28, 2017 for a roundtrip ticket to Cagayan de Oro. Unfortunately, plans have changed so I decided to rebook. What a surprise! Initial charge which was paid ay 12K (me and my son), rebooking would cost me an extra 11K so I thought maybe I should just cancel and get the travel fund then purchase another ticket. GUESS WHAT? Another surprise! Cancelling costs P16,874.80! What's in there? Fees and Taxes: P1443.20. Spoilage Fee: P3,404.80 (what the F is a spoilage fee by the way?). Cancel/Change Fee: P12,026.80. Total of P16,874.80. What a rip off! They are first class thieves that takes money from hardworking people. Guess what? NO MORE CEBU PACIFIC for me either!

The owner should be ashamed of himself for stealing money in your face! I hope karma gets them soon. I can't wait for that to happen. No worries, what goes around comes around and I'm pretty sure that when they get it, it will hurt more. Who knows, the stolen money will just be used to rehabilitate all their kids and grandkids.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I helped a friend to buy a round trip ticket on www.cebupacificair.com on early March, 2017. At first attempt I inputted all details to the system, and went through the payment screens with my credit card, but my ticket was being on hold, said there's some payment issues. My first response is cancelling the request, and used another credit card to perform the transaction. This time everything works, and my friend received its itinerary ticket via email. Few days later, to my surprise, both of my cards were charged! I immediately filed a customer services request at their web, and it asked me to wait for 7 working days. It's the 10th day now and I still got no response from them. After reading through all reviews of this company on this website, I now know I have literally no chance to get my money back. Shame on them. Never use their service again.

Original review: March 22, 2017

I used my credit card to purchase Cebu Pacific ticket online going to Puerto Princesa. I normally receive text message from my credit card once the transaction went through. I received the text message from my bank saying that the charge from Cebu Pacific went through. Right after I received that message I received another text message which came from Cebu Pacific saying that transaction has been declined! I called my bank immediately and they confirmed that Cebu Pacific already taken out the amount! They advised me to call Cebu Pacific. I called Cebu Pacific customer care and I was told to go to the airport more than 4 hours before my flight time which is the next day at 3:15PM to settle the amount.

With all my frustrations I went to the airport 4 hours before and went to Cebu Pacific ticket office. I was told that I need to pay cash and they will charge back the amount debited from my credit card in 10 to 15 days! I told Aaron (the one assisting me from the office) that it means the amount was really charged to my credit card?! It was never declined! Then why I need to pay in cash?! This is like double charging?! I paid them in cash and my credit card was charged as well! What an experience indeed for using their website! I WILL NEVER FLY AGAIN WITH CEBUPAC!

Original review: March 17, 2017

I cancelled a flight last Dec 14, 2016 and I Inquired why I was not getting a notification from my credit card that I have been refunded from the said cancelled flight. The one I talked to read me a note that I will not get a refund anymore, and even told me that I should not be asking those questions "if only I read" the statement. Fine, so thank you for that blunt comment. So I proceeded asking for the travel fund that he said was the only thing I can avail. It will expire on April 10, 2017. So I said I will use it to book a flight to Laoag. Unfortunately, they don't have flights going there anymore. I asked then if there are other ways to avail it. He hanged the phone. It's only Php1,700 but I want a clear answer. Worst airline I transacted with.

Original review: March 2, 2017

Worst Airline ever. CebPac is a complete nightmare. I love to visit my relatives once a year. It's the only airline to my travel destination so we don't have any other option. And every ** time, flights are delayed, not just an hour or two but 3! Rebooks your time to the last minute. There this instance I wanted to print our booking details online but it just happened that our printer ran out of ink. So I had to save the file and print it out to a shop but the website doesn't have a DOWNLOAD option!!! Even a Save as... button?!! The process was time consuming. I can't believe this airline is still running. The management are people who were given a uniform to sleep.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

I just wanted to send this notice out to all Cebu Pacific customer and any future customers. Do not use the services of this airline as they are completely: unprofessional, unreliable, disorganised, full of excuses, lack of communication to customers, arrogant staff, inconsiderate, rip-off. They have the practice of cancelling flights to their choice without communicating and confirming this with customer. They have an excuse of having the right to cancel, suspend or delay flights, however all this is done without getting a hold of the customer to advise and confirm of alternative options or compensation.

I have a very disappointing experience with Cebu Pacific Air who cancelled my return flights from Caticlan to Manila under booking reference number **. Under no circumstance that they advised me of this, not even when I was checking in at the airport for my initial flight from Manila to Caticlan. Basically they let me and companion to fly from Manila to Caticlan but no return flights have been provided since their cancellation. They ruined my entire itinerary and very important appointment at Bacolod because of their cancellations. I incurred enormous amount of accommodation and food expenses whilst I was in Boracay as they could not provide alternative bookings. They took no consideration to my medical condition or health and was even arrogant in changing their stories between one customer service to another.

I have attempted to resolve these issues by emailing them but once again they do not care about their customers. All they care about is their profits and cheating decent and vulnerable people. I would strongly suggest that anyone thinking of booking their flights thru Cebu Pacific to select other airlines. You may need to pay a bit more in air fares. However the quality and stress-free travel is something that is worth paying for. If you don't want any headaches in flying to your destination and back, then avoid Cebu Pacific at all times. I am sharing my disappointing experience with Cebu Pacific so that hopefully no one else would suffer the way I did. Thank you for your attention to this matter. Unhappy Customer.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

Please invest with good customer service representative, put good people on the phone. It was just simply cancellation of the flight it took us 30 minutes, and the issue was not resolved. Every time I asked question he put me on hold. After putting me on hold...he will ask the same question again. We can't even finish one concern. Up until, he said that he couldn't hear me anymore. I just wasted my time calling them.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

On January 29 I booked a one way flight on April 20 (early, I wanted a good price) from Manila to San Jose (Mindoro) for two at the price of 7.498 Php. When My wife saw that sum she said surely there is a mistake, so the next day I checked and indeed, the same flight costs 3.962 Php. Since I was the first one to book a seat on that flight, there must have been a mistake: maybe the website wasn't put ready and after my booking someone saw it. Since CP is only to be reached through Facebook (no e-mail contact) I explained the situation, asking why on January 29 the price was 7.498 Php and the next day 3.962 Php. First answer I got, was to rebook, with an applicable fee of 4.000 Php, which would have left me losing more money. Later I got again a few stupid answers and finally no more answer and my complaint on Facebook had disappeared in a number of other complaints.

This was not the first time we had a problem with CP. Two years ago my wife had a connecting flight San Jose - Manila - Cebu. She should arrive in Manila early in the morning. Her connecting flight was canceled a few days before and they rebooked her on the same flight the next day, although later that day there were still several flights to Cebu with available seats. No way to discuss! Finally it cost her two taxi rides and a night in Manila and the lost of a day with her family. The biggest problem is that CP has monopolies on certain domestic flights. There is no other carrier going to San Jose, where my wife's family lives. We would be happy to pay more if we could avoid Cebu Pacific! Next time I think we will just take a boat!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

My partner from England booked his round trip flight MNL-KUL and KUL-MNL under promo fare just this month, February 6 2017 and that is already confirmed. A few days later, he booked mine using his acct and put all my information but on the other window, he was checking for an alternative flight with the same departure time but with a different return flight sched. He was on the Terms & Conditions with all my information listed and submitted it and he asked me to check my mail for the confirmation. I told him I haven't received anything and to his surprise, he got another confirmation through his email about a booked flight under his name again. Like HECK who would have book 2 flight under one name unless he is Bipolar and last time we checked, he ain't bipolar.

My partner made a long distance call to Cebu Pacific to address this issue and advised him to follow up 24-48 hrs and that call cost him a fortune. I made the follow up after 48 hrs only to get an advise to call back again 24-48 hrs because the concern dept hasn't responded yet. I was totally furious and disappointed. So again, holding back my anger I waited for another 48 hrs and I got the same answer. Customer service was a disaster because it always get disconnected in the middle of the call and had to call back again and explain what happened over and over again. WE gave it one last shot but we were really hoping for a positive conclusion.

So I called on the 5th day (YES, 5th day!!!) the guy told me that there was already a feedback and I got excited because finally after 5 days, this problem will be fixed only to our disappointment, they told us that it can't be changed and if we request for changes, we would have to pay under regular fare plus other fees with a total of 6k and submit some documents. WHY? It was not our error and now we have to pay for their mistake. It was totally a system error. My partner has been a customer of CebuPac for how many years. We just don't understand why that booking was made under his name again when he put all my information there. I am not sorry for saying this but this airline is very cheeky and a total scam.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I was trying to add a 15 kilos baggage for my aunt's flight tomorrow but the website was not giving us the option to pay it thru a payment center. So I canceled the transaction that I was doing, I booked 4 separate tickets with diff reference numbers. I tried adding the baggage using my other aunt's ticket and it gave me an option to pay for it thru a payment center. I was about to do an online check-in a day before their flight when the website wouldn't allow me to do it since we still have pending amt due.

I called customer service to clarify the error msg that I'm getting. Customer service rep was really annoying. He didn't know what he was saying. He did not understand what I was trying to say. He insisted that I had the intention of adding the baggage on the booking which I said yes. However Cebu Pac's website didn't give me an option to pay for it in cash. If I only had a debit/credit card I should've paid for it immediately. I opted to speak to his supervisor. They placed me on hold for about 30-45 mins which is unacceptable. Same thing happened. Supervisor was rude and insisted that it is my fault. He said it's an isolated case. It can be escalated if 1000 out of 6000 calls they receive each day would have the same concern as mine.

I've been a loyal customer though I am experiencing delays on their flights. I've got this issue once during my trip to Hong Kong last year. I didn't mind paying for it at the airport. I was telling them that it would be 4 old ladies which happened to be my aunts who would be traveling together. It would be such an inconvenience especially that they will be coming from Pangasinan straight to the airport. I don't mind paying for the extra baggage thru the payment center but they insisted that I can only pay for it at the airport. Their ticket costed 26,000 in Philippine pesos for 4 from General Santos city - manila which Phil Airlines would also cost us the same with 10 kilos check-in baggage included on the tickets.

We chose to fly with Cebu Pac since all this years that we've been traveling with this airline we are getting great customer service. We had never experience this, by far this is the worst experience that I had received from them. I felt disrespected and humiliated as a customer. I would never book with this airline again. I am hoping that you could send a feedback to both the rep and the supervisor so this won't happen to other passengers in the future. I always admire call center agents for their patience but not this time. If you need to get my details please contact me at this email **. Thank you!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

How come CebPac rebooked our flight without consulting us or if we agreed, without even asking our situation. Senate-congress should look into it about consumer protection and about this abuses of power. They should not only refund us if the other party does not agree, they should shoulder hotel expenses and meals because in the first place they are the who's asking the favor for the rebooking. From now on I'll try Zest Air or stick to PAL at least reliable.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

I have my luggage lost during the flight Puerto Princesa-Manila-Singapore on Jan 26 this year operated by Cebu Pacific airline. Flights 5J 638 and 5J 805. Booking reference number **. Last time I saw my bag in Puerto Princesa airport. I still DID NOT get any news even a single call from the authorities who seem to be so indifferent to this situation!!! I called and sent the emails to Manila Terminal 3 but they do not give me any updates and do not reply to my email! This incident ruined my holidays. Moreover, after the trip I flew directly to Dubai for a business trip without any formal clothes, shoes and bag available! I am still hoping that they will take this incident very seriously and start the investigation because the suitcase contains very important and expensive things. If the luggage was stolen they have to check the cameras and start the investigation! It is already more than one week passed!!! Please help me to find a way.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Service agent refused to change her mistake. I was booking my flight online, but it did not work. I told the girl I want the flight with baggage only and no meal. After 27 minutes of being placed on hold repeatedly. We were disconnected. I received no update. I called back and got a new CSR. I told her to confirm my details especially about no meals, only baggage. The previous CSR didn't make any changes and booked the flight with a meal. I asked for a correction which your CSR refused to make. Telling me not only am I stuck with this purchase but also that my ticket is non refundable. Yet you are stating that your customer service is so bad that you refused to refund my 14.00USD for the meal mistake your girl made. But prefer to lose 439.00 USD and a loyal customer. I will never fly Cebu Pacific again. I will tell everyone I know not to fly you. And I have filed a formal complaint with my bank not to pay.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Mark my words I will never use CebPac EVER AGAIN even if it means I have to walk or catch a ferry. They are a disgrace both domestically in the Philippines and internationally. I blame the President Lance Gokongwei and Chairman Ricardo J. Romulo. I don't know them personally but their corporate culture is one of arrogance, lack of respect for the customer, selfishness, lack of attention for detail, laziness and price gouging. Corporate culture starts at the top and manifests itself at lower levels through the staff as it permeates through operational levels. Delays of 4-5 hours are common place (2 hours is standard), no apologies and in some cases not even gate update announcements because the lazy staff (up to 4 per gate) are too busy on Facebook. Try complaining to any staff and you will get a glassy eyed stare as THEY JUST DON'T CARE!!

Slow, slow staff at check ins make even supposed quick check in processes like "Web Check In Bag Drop" a time consuming pain and in some cases slower than the standard check ins. There is also no management of queues at international check ins making 1 queue to morph into 4 -5 as people skip in front of long waiting customers in the initial queue (we know Filipinos like cutting in when they can therefore the lazy staff need to get out from their cushy seats and do something positive to manage this buildup of humanity).

As stated I have traveled internationally with CebPac and it is a disgrace that for up to 8 hour trips there is no entertainment and you even have to pay for water!!! The Aircon naturally dehydrates people and you have to pay for a sip of water???? They won't change this until someone has a health related hydration issue onboard. Don't fall for "We are a budget airline so we only give standard services" crap... They are not cheap. They just use this mantra to price gouge every single centavo from you. I recently had to pay Php 27000 one way from Australia and can assure you from my experience that their ads are all smoke and mirrors.

Try obtaining the cheap prices they advertise and you will be sorely disappointed as in most instances there is a lack of seats or very narrow flight availability dates, then you will have to book a standard fare and you will see how "inexpensive" they can be!!! But they won't miss to charge you whatever they can like their skinny baggage limits of 10 or 20kg so they can get you to pay more for additional baggage.

The flight staff are the best of a bad lot of employees (ruined by their embarrassing Managers, Supervisors and Executive inattention to improving the services) but even the Flight Captains lack common sense (fortunately they can fly though). I recently had a 4 hour delay in Manila (I constantly had to ask the lazy gate staff for updates as each rescheduled time was exceeded). To finally get on our aircraft we had 2 gate changes and after all these ground delays the Captain allowed us to be further delayed on the takeoff tarmac as we were put number 10 in the priority queue to take off... another hours delay. Then to top off the horror flight we had to wait another hour at our destination (at 1.30am in the morning) as there was an aircraft in the bay that was scheduled to receive our aircraft... then the standard 40 minutes to get our baggage. All in all I arrived 5 hours late to my destination without even a free drink from the airline!!

Some will say that some of these things aren't always in the airline's control... and that is what CebPac will have you believe as they try and avoid accountability for their performance. They won't fight for us like the Captain who allowed us to be last in the queue to take off even after a long ground delay as THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS and that's why nothing ever improves and in fact is getting worse because NO ONE AT THE AIRLINE CARES! THEY ARE TOO BUSY COUNTING PROFITS... but profits today don't mean you are running a sustainably good business. It just means the market hasn't caught up with you yet CebPac. It will come back to bite you CebPac as customers leave you in droves as like me they become totally frustrated.

I have already started letting my friends know about the airline's arrogance and incompetence. I love the Philippines and by all means go there and enjoy its people, vibrancy, and natural beauty but punish those like CebPac who take advantage of you. On the off chance you get a cheaper fare you will pay ultimately with untold frustrations. Shame on you Gokongwei and Romulo... from what I have experienced from your corporate skills you couldn't organise a pig to get dirty in a mud heap! It's up to all travelers to make their choice but my recommendation is don't use Cebu Pacific until they show that they want to keep you as a customer by providing value through ongoing excellence in services and not just to gouge money from you today!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

What a disaster to fly international on Cebu Pacific Air. Actually, this is our first and definitely the last time traveling with such a ** airline. A mistake that cost me a lot of money, sleepless night, with body and mental torture, and learned a lesson not to fly again on Cebu Pacific. First of all, this airline has no clue about customer service, and I wonder why such airline is allowed to fly international, if it doesn’t know how to provide and handle proper customer service. Moreover, it has no consideration, whatsoever on passenger’s dilemma, especially when you have connecting flights from other airlines, whereby flights gets disrupted by severe weather condition, outside of your control.

Our dilemma started on 19th Dec when I came to know that my daughter’s flight from Indianapolis (USA) has been interrupted by heavy snow condition, resulting in her missing all connecting flights via Atlanta (Delta) and Amsterdam (KLM). That has further impacted her Dubai to Manila flight on Cebu Pacific, wherein we as a family (4 people) has check-in online.

Upon knowing the delay on 19th Dec early morning, I immediately contacted the Cebu Pacific Call Center, to advise them of this situation. Right there, you will be frustrated on how difficult to contact them. If you are lucky to get the line, you will hear an answering machine saying all operators are busy and ask to hold on the line and this can last for 1 to 3 hours or more, bearing in mind that this is an international call. Maybe, if you are lucky to talk to someone, but in the middle of the call, line will get disconnected repeatedly. Very frustrating right, but since I was desperate to get an answer if I can rebooked my daughter’s flight, I wasted 2 days doing the same thing again and again!

However, when I got lucky, I was told to send an email providing proof of delay to this email address 'servicedeskmnl@cebupacificair.com' and that I should get a reply within 3 hrs time, but to no response until after 6 hrs. I called again to be told that the message I got was wrong and that I should contact Delta airlines to call Cebu Pacific in the USA to settle it between them, on how to solve my daughter’s missed flight. After several calls to Delta (imagine international call again to USA this time). Delta tried calling Cebu Pacific in Manila, while I was on the other line, but got the same difficulty. My daughter, even had to arrange for a conference call to have Delta and Cebu Pacific people speak to each other, blaming each other on who should shoulder the cost, but Delta is saying it is weather condition which is unpredictable.

After several calls for 2 days, I gave up and told my daughter that it is a waste of time and energy. But then my sister in law, also called Cebu Pacific that they finally send a message in the system, to allow rebooking the next day, and for me to approach the airport in Dubai and pay for the difference. I was happy that finally my dilemma is over. However to my disappointment, the Dubai airport authority has no idea about such message. In the end, after all the drama, wasted money for international calls, arguments, at that end my daughter’s ticket cannot be used, in spite of huge airfare to Manila due to peak season, have to buy a fresh ticket which is ridiculously expensive.

The worst part is that we have even paid for our seats, but while we were inside the flight, someone is sitting in the seat supposed to be for my daughter. It means, Cebu Pacific is overbooked, and although we have check in online and paid for seats, it has been re-used for someone else, which is opposite to what they told us. The big lesson out of this dilemma is not to fly Cebu Pacific Air ever again... and stay on Emirates Airlines or other airlines of outstanding customer service. It’s my personal recommendation for Cebu Pacific Air to focus on improving their domestic service before accommodating international flights.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

Since this complaint was merely sent to the management and they probably won't care at all (based on popular experience), I would like to share this instead to you to contribute to the growing public knowledge regarding Cebu Pacific's BAD AS ROTTEN services. My sister is going back to Copenhagen, Denmark through connecting flights. To get at the first stop in Manila, she took the cebu pac plane from GenSan. We arrived at the GenSan Int'l Airport 3 hours earlier than the departure time originally indicated to be 12:15 pm. Then we discovered that the plane was actually delayed 2 hours later. We started worrying because her next flight to China would depart at 5:30 pm though she might still get in NAIA on time knowing that it would typically take only a little more than 2 hours to get there from GenSan.

She referred the problem to a representative in the airport but she was only told that she would only get a certificate indicating that the flight was delayed. So she waited until then only to find out that the plane was further delayed for an hour! Departing at 3:30 pm, there's no other way that she could get there on time! She arrived late in NAIA at 5:30 with a hope that the certificate would grant her some kind of action from the management. But no, she only got a sorry and an unexplained reason from them. Her next flight is non-rebookable and non-refundable so the certificate they issued has been useless!

She had no other choice but to buy another set of tickets that costs 42,000 pesos. Yes, that's quite a big amount of money for a simple sorry and a piece of paper. Thank God she has friends in Denmark who lended her some money. I mean it's quite unfair for her and for perhaps thousands of other victims of delayed flights to cause such great damage yet Cebu Pac earns billions from it.

The passengers arrive several hours earlier in the airport but the airline is not responsible enough to make their flights on time. I can now fully understand why the rants of people in the television regarding delayed flights are such a big deal and why Cebu Pac is heavily branded as "Ay, delayed na!", which is actually a fact! Other airlines can keep their time but why can't Cebu Pac? There must be something wrong in their management. Plus their so-called Customer Care has been so awful. What a nightmare! Yes, I'm kind of discouraging you to take that airline. I don't know about you but one thing is for sure, I WON'T EVER TAKE CEBU PAC AGAIN AT ANY COST. #CebuPac

Original review: Dec. 20, 2016

Services not so good and they ask for ticket for a thousand of pesos. It go 12000 pesos one way ticket but their services was no so good. They said is fully book but asking you there is available but very expensive. The most terrible I've experience. Management taking advantage their consumer and that's not fair.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2016

I book a flight for my friend from Manila to General Santos with Cebu Pacific and paid with my credit card. The worst thing happen is that the ticket is confirmed with reference at the same time with official receipt. For in whole life of traveling using my credit it just happen in Cebu Pacific. And my friend is already check in. Upon boarding on time my friend was hold by Cebu Pacific staff due to the reason that the ticket was not paid and yet, I wonder how could it happen that upon checking on my credit limit it’s already deducted and already bill in my account, so, I call the bank BDO in regards with this matter. Then BDO surprise me that the ticket is confirm with payment and besides that Cebu Pacific is the one who sent the billing payment to BDO. Now I call my friend in the airport to explain the situation there but sad to say no one is listening our complaint. Still my friend stay in the airport and sleep.

I received an email from this airline where they advise that the purchase ticket and booking isn't been successful, so it mean they just pick my money without giving nothing. The hassle they made so I spent my time and money to call that wonderful call center where I heard only some ad to buy their products but no operator talking. I decided also to send an email to their complaining service where I explained what happened. I talked the manager A LIAR evil manager. He told me that he will make a report in regards this matter in order to reverse the payment but he could not make. Still right now the payment is not cancelled. So now I bought a new ticket again in the ticketing outlet for my friend in order to get home. The question is how to make my payment refund or cancel in my credit card record.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

5J 803 BOUND TO SINGAPORE: I was so disappointed that my flight was delayed. The officer-in-charge was so casual to tell me that it has been delayed & it's not their problem. It's the maintenance problem. Hurray, they do not offer any compensation at all. (8:20pm delayed till 11:35pm) They have the cheek to even smile & say I could go and do some shopping first. I was told also that there is no duty manager when I asked for one to speak to. They couldn't even offer a free coffee on air just to have a feel that they are at least doing something to apologize.

Now I am worrying as I have a current booking to Manila, going to Taiwan using transiting to Manila & using PAL to Taiwan. I hope that there is no delay from Singapore, as I only have 2 hrs & 35 mins to spare. I hope that Cebu Pacific can do something about this. Perhaps lessen the available hours of your flight if you can not truly accommodate. We are sacrificing our time off from our offices & our salaries are being cut off too. One more thing was that, why there is no disembarkation card being distributed. Other airlines has. Please keep your time prompt. Thank you.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2016

I just want to complain the big difference of service I experienced from US or Canada airlines compare to Cebu Pacific airlines. In US or Canada, if you miss your flight they rebook your flight for free but in Cebu Pacific if you miss your flight there is no option but to book another one without any discount at least. My wife missed her flight last friday because when she tried to book on 6:30 am flight. It didn't work then she tried again the next day. Since her mind was set to 6:30 am, she overlooked the flight she got which become 5:15 am. That is why she missed her flight.

Then my wife didn't get any discount and got force to book a very expensive flight 10k one way to Boracay. Today my wife is going home and the flight was delayed for 45 mins on ETD. HOW COME WHEN CP IS LATE NO COMPENSATION OR ANY ANY OFFER TO SATISFIED PASSENGER??? That is why I told my wife not to take Cebu Pacific Airline ever. And I hope and I pray that I would never take any Cebu Pacific Airlines for any reason.

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Information