1.29/5
Based on 196 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

209 Cebu Pacific Airlines Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

Really @cebupacificair? This is the 3rd time you change the flight of my 80 year old Father. Pagabi ng pagabi no? So INCONSIDERATE! This serves as a warning to all who will be flying or travelling in the future, DO NOT CHOOSE @cebupacificair because you will just be piss off by their service. THIRD TIME THEY CHANGE OUR FLIGHT ok lang sana kung di kasama Senior Citizen. You deserve a shoutout @cebupacificair and my MIDDLE FINGER salutes you!

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

Booked 2 meal service for my MNL-DXB flight. First meal service was served 1-hour late because purser forgot my order. Got told that my meal was still being thawed as still frozen. 2nd ordered meal was not served for unknown reason. Contacted customer care and got response that based on my boarding pass, my meal was served. Either I had short-term memory loss or someone is lying.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Resolution response: Jan. 10, 2019

So this is now resolved.

My disappointment is just, for an airline company, they dont have a phone support - you can only communicate with them via email and DMs from twitter and facebook . If I have only talked to someone from their support (well, via phone), maybe this was resolved immediately - why? The answers via email/DMs from their support is obviously not reading my previous replies and that is irritating and maybe the reason I look to review their services.

1 star for the free flight

1 star for the great customer support experience.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

So, my father and mother in law is scheduled for a flight from Manila to Cebu last December 31. They were advised that somewhat they are transferred to a much smaller plane and was given a free flight voucher for the inconvenience it has caused. Now, I am trying to redeem this free flight. Steps include that I need to login to my GetGO account. And here comes the issue. I can no longer log in with the account since it was inactive. This is what their support says, "Please be advised that to keep your account active, you need to have at least 1 earning activity within 12 consecutive months."

So from what I understand, you should be a frequent flier to make your account active - at least for a year. For a domestic budget airliner - this is crap. So since it is inactive, I then can't use the free flight? Note that I am no longer travelling with Singapore Airlines, but guess what - my KrisFlyer account is perfectly active. I'm trying to reach with CebuPac's call centre base here in Cebu and wasn't able to talk to someone as the "robot" is saying that they can only attend to inquiries sent via Twitter/FB accounts. I am communicating them through email, but takes years to reply. I already booked for the return ticket of my in-laws to a different airline and didn't avail their free ** flight.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I travel sometimes dozens of times a year internationally, and this is hands down the WORST AIRLINE I have ever encountered. Horrible service, RIP OFF - checked bag fees, fake smiles from the flight attendants, zero entertainment, and uncomfortable seats. Screw these guys. Let me make it simple for you - their fares may LOOK cheaper at first, but they will reach into your pockets and nickel & dime you at every possible opportunity! They charged me $60 for ONE checked bag (within the regular weight limit)! That is just ONE-way by the way, not including the round trip. Fly ANY other airline and you'll be better off. At least other airlines won't keep nickel & diming you and stealing your money like Cebu Pacific Does. You'll end up paying less with another airline just from how much you'll save on the checked bag fees alone.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I traveled all the way from London to Iloilo. My luggage was not tampered with from London to Hong Kong neither was it tampered with from Hong Kong to Manila. After checking in at Manila Cebu Pacific desk I left my luggage in the trust of this Airline staff. I reached Iloilo Airport the padlock of the luggage was nowhere to be seen and bag opened. I couldn't find any Cebu Pacific staff to complain. When reached home I found out that three Christmas gifts for family members have been stolen. What a shame! Christmas is a season of joy but thieves working in the Airport luggage department bring nothing but sadness. Cebu Pacific should learn from British Airways on how to weed out thieves by installing overt and covert CCTV systems in the luggage area.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cebu Pacific Airlines?

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

I just arrived tonight in Zamboanga from Manila (12/23/18), I’m very much disappointed because two of my luggages are wet. My clothes are also wet. I understand that it was raining a while ago at Manila but I can’t get the point why my luggages are all wet while others are not. Very disappointing.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We requested wheelchair for my wife since she just had miscarriage and undergone d&c. The staff informed us that she is not fit to travel since it should be 16 days before she will be cleared as mentioned by your staff. She said we can get a full refund for our ticket. We understand the situation and accepted to have our ticket refunded. We went to the main ticketing office but we still need to wait for ages to be attended. The time we waited is more than the hours of our flight. If you are really concerned about your passenger why not provide priority lane for those who have medical condition. This service just added stress to us. It's not even the same time that we can get our refund but we need to wait for 15-30 days. We have been very patient in waiting for all your delayed flights but this situation is surely a lesson to us about your service. Worst Service.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

If it’s possible I will give it a zero star. I mean I get it. People take this type airline due to the fact of price. But I guarantee you flying for over 40 years this is by far the worst airline that I have ever been on. My situation was a horrible one. It occurred last night December 16. My flight was at 6:40 PM out of Legaspi City. As soon as I got there I was a third person in line for check-in and they made an announcement that all flights are super Safeco or cancel that evening. A huge mass mob started getting in line. I was third in line. The lines are not moving because her computer was shut down so they cannot rebook. The whole process was a nightmare. They said it was due to weather yet if you look outside last night it was just a little windy. It was overcast but it wasn’t even raining.

That was flight DJ 6190 from Legaspi to Manila. After 45 minutes they rebooked me for a flight coming out this morning on Monday, December 17, 2018, on flight 5J 322. When I got there this morning I noticed that the Philippine Airlines playing was already at the gate and the Cebu Pacific playing was supposed arrive around 6 AM sharp and yet at 6:10 no plane on a sudden. I noticed past to start a walking towards the check-in counter again at the airport followed by announcement that the flights leaving Legaspi was canceled due to weather. Now how can that be when the Philippine Airlines flight arrived from Manila the same time that the Cebu Pacific flight was supposed to take off and arrive in Legaspi, PAL flight got in with no issue whatsoever with weather.

It was a partly cloudy day you can check the forecast hardly any wind & no rain. They lied to the passengers by using the weather as an excuse so they don’t have to pay for hotel and make you wait & stay in long line to rebook. So after I heard that my rebooked flight this morning SJ 322 was also canceled I rushed to the PAL sales office and bought a one way ticket 5,700 PHP on PAL Flight 2922 and made it back to Manila in 45 minutes. When I arrive in Manila to complain to customer service the agent Gerard ** said it was due to weather but again that made 0 sense. PAL flight had no issues. I felt 0 turbulence in the air just total bs, corrupt company, treat passengers like human cattle. I had better experience on the public bus in Honolulu than my flight experience with Cebu Pacific. CEO should be fired & I hope this company will go bankrupt. I will never ever in my life fly Cebu Pacific ever!!!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

The worst and last flight with Cebu Pacific. For the entire trip I had the gays standing up front just staring and laughing at me, it made me feel most uncomfortable, and the service was ** house. As I was in 16 J, for the supposed leg room I had 2 of the hostesses staring at me as we were in landing mode???? "WTF," I said and did nothing to no one all flight, what is their problem, I JUST ADVISE ALL TO CHOOSE A DIFFERENT AIRLINE AND LET THESE SLUGS GO BROKE!!!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

2 Flight attendants named Mat and Kisses. Flight date 11/5/2018 coming back from Kansai, Japan to Manila. These 2 flight attendants were talking too much for the 3 hr. flight. I am saying this because me and my 2 sisters were seated at the very front and felt so uncomfortable because of their non stop conversation, we were not able to get the comfort and some sleep at least. It was a bothersome. Also, because of their ongoing conversation, they forgot to clean the bathroom which they left it kept very smelly and dirty. For me, they neglected to provide cleanliness and bathroom supplies, such as tissue, toilet paper, napkins, etc. I hope these 2 flight attendants gets a proper training. This is not the type of service we deserve for what we paid for. I believe that they've forgotten that they're at work and forgotten what their responsibilities are.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Cebu Pacific is a ** AIRLINE. FIRST: I book a good flight connection from Siargao to Legazpi with only a few waiting time at Cebu. Later THEY CANCEL the flight and I have to rebook with a BAD SCHEDULE that gives me a one day waiting time at Cebu. Although later it is obvious that they could give me a BETTER SCHEDULE they do NOT ALLOW anymore to CHANGE the flight! So they make me unhappy and even they could make me happy again, they do not do. And SECOND: The SEATS in the airplane are extremely UNCOMFORTABLE. Air Asia is much better. TRY TO AVOID TO BOOK CEBU PACIFIC!!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Their baggage handlers are petty criminal thieves. MY expensive Fossil watch and wedding ring was in my Samsonite luggage, these worthless derelicts rummage through everyone's luggage like rats, petty thieves, obviously in collusion together, how else would you be able to steal outright, middle of the day out in the open unless they're all doing it?

Original review: Oct. 7, 2018

I am writing to you to complain about a racist incident at Manila airport on Friday 05/10/2018 at 1400. I was with my partner and we had checked in at the desk and we were walking towards the Security screening area when we were met at by three of your customer service representatives who demanded to see our boarding passes. They literally jumped on top of us in a very aggressive manner. They then asked us where we were going and I said HKG. They saw our carry on suitcases and said that they were too heavy, even before they did any of the checks.

They insisted we had to pay for extra luggage and they wrote something on the boarding pass. At the same time, some western passengers with EXACTLY the same size cases were waved through without any questions. Also the other Filipino passengers were also let through without any questions. I asked them why they didn't check their bags and they said they weren't heavy. I asked, "How do you know if you haven't checked them?" I got no reply. This is a blatant case of racist behavior. Why is it that a Chinese looking person gets picked out. I am a British citizen with a British passport and I have used this carry on case on MANY MANY flights without problems, including the flight to Manila.

Why did your check in agent not say anything to us? There seems to be one rule for some people and one rule for another. I am disgusted by your representative's behavior and the double standards obviously in play. I want a refund for the costs involved in paying for the extra baggage and an apology from yourselves. I will not be using Cebu pacific again and I am recommending that none of my friends and family do either.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

The moment you search for an available flight their system were amazingly fast, but when the time of re-booking (due on mislooked date/one day diff of my Int’l departure????‍ - as I am an OFW from Middle East) their system were down and not even responding for 20minutes which taking you time on filing info/adds-on again & again till the rate gets higher. (Patience is definitely a virtue for keeping on refreshing the site!) Plus the re-booking charge cost for domestic flight were Php1,500 [whaaatt??? Seriously, Cebu Pacific??? Ain’t even 24hrs ago] my original ticket cost is only Php1,848/-.

Original review: April 9, 2018

No further noticed staff are horrible esp to the manager of Cebu area Mr. **. He was very rude. My mom was a wheelchair-bound. Waited for 5 hrs to get another flight. They said that due to technical or weather problem but weather was very sunny with temp of 32... what a ** reasons. No compensations... ** services... wish Cebu Pacific will be close soon. Mr president please considered to help us to address this daily problem with Cebu Pac.

Original review: April 8, 2018

I have been a Cebu Pacific for years and had put up for flight delays, but my last experience was unforgivable. I have booked a flight for 2 adults for 4-2-18 to 4-5-18, round trip- Clark/Macau, My itinerary indicates that return trip is April 5, 2018 Thursday at 12:20 Am. My past trips indicated a flight change of schedule, but on my last trip, it did not send me via email about this flight change. This flight was misleading, so we missed our flight for Apr 5, 2018, I called Cebu Pac immediately after finding out that we missed our flight. The person I spoke to said that our return trip to Clark was forfeited, and will have to book another return trip for the next day.

I have paid Php 16,415.26 for the previous booking, and now Cebu Pac, charged me Php 34,901.54 for 2 adults for a 1 way flight to Clark for April 6, 2018. We did not have a choice, 'cause we have to get home. How I can address this issue with Cebu Pacific in writing? I would like to ask for a refund for at least half of the tickets that I paid for the April 5, 2018 flight that we missed, 'cause of lack of communication on their part. This is a "ripoff" and other people at Macau airport also said that they had missed their flight too on April 5, 2018, when we were there on April 6, for the April 7 flight schedule! Please help me address this issue to Cebu Pacific! Thank you for your help!

UPDATE ON 04/08/2018: I have found out that Cebu Pacific only flies on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays, to Macau and back, yet my itinerary showed that our flight schedule was May 5, 2018, Thursday, so this where the confusion was.

Original review: March 22, 2018

I booked a flight 12 hrs ago. And they wouldn’t let me change a booking detail, I booked the ticket for 2,346 pesos and they just want me to do the travel fund which will end up to 600pesos only. How fair is that?!! You guys have this rule not to ask for penalties if the booking is within 24 hrs but you don’t actually help people and you just wait til it’s past the time due so passenger wouldn’t have any choice. This is a very rude company. If I can only tell the whole world how disappointed I am because of this airline, I would 100%.

I booked a flight 12 hrs ago. And they wouldn’t let me change a booking detail, I booked the ticket for 2,346 pesos and they just want me to do the travel fund which will end up to 600pesos only. How fair is that?!!! You guys have this rule not to ask for penalties if the booking is within 24 hrs but you don’t actually help people and you just wait til it’s past the time due so passenger wouldn’t have any choice. This is a very rude company. If I can only tell the whole world how disappointed I am because of this airline, I would 100%.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have booked an on sale air tickets for 6 bound to Manila from Tacloban on April 24, 2018 and paid for it from my card upon payment it said declined, due to experience of double charging from same Cebu Pacific Airlines last time. I did not retry to pay the fees again and exited instead. A few minutes later I have received a mail from PayPal that my "declined" payment to Cebu Pacific was confirmed so I went back to Cebu Pacific's website to recheck my booking, to my surprise the booking details is gone, I contacted their service center immediately and their only answer was that my payment is unsuccessful and the booking is not confirmed. (I rebooked and paid for a new one since their seat sale is almost over.)

I immediately sent them my proof of payment from PayPal and it took them over 24 hours to respond only to say that I need to send my proof of payment which I already did over 24 hours ago so I resent my invoice # to them and waited for their reply the following day saying that my booking was affected by the "failed authorization" and is being reinstated so they will send me my itinerary when it's done. When I opened their site to check on my other bookings the missing transaction has appeared and is confirmed and my payment was credited but I have to pay additional 7000 pesos! I paid on time and even contacted them in less than 24 hours to address the issue but took them so long to respond and is now overcharging me!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

CEBU PACIFIC AIRLINES is a hustler company. They pre-checked every add ons to make money so you really have to be very careful. Double check or even triple your forms before checking I agree button. I did on mine but they were still able to add the ** food which you really don't need for a 1 hour flight from Manila to Bacolod. I tried to calling and talk to them to please help me to modify my itinerary but no one will help you. I was so pissed and disappointed, if they cannot be a bit flexible just for a sandwich a lot of angry passengers is not going to support the business. No more Cebu Pacific for me.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

BAD FOR BUSINESS TRIP!!! I WILL NO LONGER FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE ANYMORE. I have a business trip to Tokyo and I booked a flight to them Feb 15. Then here comes the long weekend. They sent me an itinerary receipt and then during the long weekend they sent me a notification that I need to pay them in cash!!! But according to Metrobank credit card they charged me already... For a long weekend I do not have access to withdraw from my passbook and my flight is already Monday February 19. So I cancelled my meeting and left my company with a bad impression from Japanese partners because I cancelled the meeting due to CEBU PACIFIC FAULT!!! Do not trust this airline if you are dealing with your business!!! All of the customer service doesn't know what they are talking about and very apathetic on the damages it has caused the business transaction!!!

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

This airline is the worst I ever had in my life. I am a resident in US and taking vacation in Philippines for just 3 weeks so my schedule and itineraries is tight and needed to be followed. Cebu Pacific ruined my schedule. First of all, they changed my flight date of Feb to Apr, so I have to spend hours on the phone to fix this. Then, I have 2 cancelled flights in a span of 3 days on my trip to 2 cities to take vacation. Their reason is due to weather, however weather on those days are fine in the cities I am going, it's just a cloudy weather, no typhoon or rain at all. Then they just automatically rebook us the next day to a flight I did not agree or requests lol so I have to spend time to contact and email them again with no response.

They told me on my second cancelled flight that even PAL was cancelled but when I went to PAL they told me that all their airlines that day pushed through so I booked with PAL instead and PAL was able to bring me in the city that I originally planned even though I paid much higher, my schedule and itineraries are more important as there are events am catching and has already paid and booked the resort. Actually in my first cancellation, I totally missed the important event I need to attend.

I have my wife and 3 kids with me and the stress and inconvenience they brought to my family on our vacation is unforgivable. I can't even get my refunds yet on this flights as no one is answering in their email and customer hotline. I hope this airline will close down with the many passengers they brought stress and inconvenience. I advise everyone not to use Cebu Pacific, go with PAL instead even if it's more expensive as Cebu Pac airline will ruin your schedules and vacation. Worst airline ever!

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

We book a flight to Kalibo at 9:45 AM MNL-KLB then 11:45 AM KLB-MNL. First they moved the 11:45 AM KLB-MNL to 5:55 PM then later on they moved the 9:45 AM MNL-KLB to 10:30 PM which was really revolting since that's not the schedule that we purchased. Are they even allowed to do this? Then if you cancel this, you will be charged with so many fees (cancellation, tax, insurance, etc.). Are they even allowed to do this? I mean that's not what you purchased at the first place. I wouldn't purchase that schedule even if it's peso fare since we don't want to go to Boracay at the wee hours in the morning.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

The worst of the worst airlines to Fly, I went back home for vacation last month and, Cebu Pacific was late for 2 hours to arrived in Bacolod City. Our departure should be 2:15, the plane arrived in Bacolod quarter to 4:00pm. The Plane hit the ground in Manila at 5:36 PM, I was trying to get some help from Cebu Pacific Customer Service to help me to get to International Door to check in so I won't miss my flight. Workers of Cebu Pacific are so DUMB who cannot offer help, All the answer in Domestic 3 was, "I don't know."

My International Flight in Manila was booked at 6:50 pm coming back in Washington State. I advice to take your international flight from Cebu for your international Flight if you have to take another Plane to go to Manila to take your flight. Or fly with Philippine Airlines at least 24 hours early, Mine was 5 hours early but still Cebu Pacific Screwed Up. I have to stay in Manila for 2 days and end up paying for my two days hotel and food and pay extra of 550 dollars for a guaranteed flight just to come back in Washington State. The WORST experience flying with CEBU PACIFIC. DO NOT BOOK A TICKET TO THIS AIRLINES.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We are trying to check in online today Singapore to Manila. We noticed that there was an add on for the amount PHP500+. I cannot undo this. My son is currently engaged with their frontline over the phone trying to work this out. Front liner says that we could have or someone could have logged in and purchased a seat reservation last Dec. 26, 2017. Ridiculous. We only started to check in online 2am of Dec 27. After an hour and a half of talking and waiting on the phone it got settled. I think this is a SCAM. Criminal I should say. Another friend also had the same experience. Imagine how many people were affected by this. Say Cebu Pac did this to 1000 people in a day. Then these people did not complain but just got sucked by the scam because they checked in at the airport or did not have time to argue. I wonder how much money Cebu Pacific is making out of duping their customers. DTI and NBI should come and take a look on this.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I booked online for a trip to Boracay for Jan 2018. My first time and didn’t realize that everything is pre-populated. I was surprised that my airfare added another 2k to it but thought it would be fees and admin so paid via credit card. Then when I checked the itinerary I had paid for reserved seats which I am unaware of. I asked my sister to ring them straight away only to be told that I need to pay 3k each for 4 person to rebook... What??? Ridiculous. I think the site was done like that on purpose to deceive the customers. NOT VERY HELPFUL. THEY ARE DECEIVING CUSTOMERS TO PAY MORE THAN THE ORIGINAL PRICE.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

I was scheduled to fly to Manila from Hong Kong. When I arrived still within the time limit, staff, very rudely said I cannot board if I don't have return ticket. Due to several meetings that is being schedule I may have to come back to HK earlier than September 10, so I had not booked anything yet. My plan would clear in the next few days.

They very rudely dismissed me, then took me to Cebu Pacific ticket office to make me buy a return ticket. At the ticket booth, the staff was also not polite and gave me a very high ticket price. There was a young gentleman who was ushering me, and without me knowing what would happen if I don't fly today, he asked me if I am buying a ticket for the return and I said no, and he immediately ripped my boarding pass... Without saying that I would be losing it because it’s nonrefundable. I've never seen or experienced this in my life. All of the other passengers waiting for the ticketing office, also were extremely shocked. I was not told it's nonrefundable or that I would lose all ticket value and he walked away leaving me stranded in the middle of the airport.

Then they told me that it's on the email from CEBU that return ticket should be shown. However there is no such thing. When I looked over the ticket and received, there is nowhere this is clearly stated. There is no return ticket or outward ticket requirement on the email. Staff was extremely rude. This was my first time with Cebu Pacific and I've never been treated this badly before by any airline.

Email and instructions were not sufficient. I have been in contact with Cebu Facebook and email customer service. And they refuse to accept that their email instructions are not giving the right details. They keep repeating the same sentence "In our terms and conditions it states that it is passenger's sole responsibility to provide all complete and necessary documents upon check-in." I did present all documents to enter the country. Return plane ticket is not a document. Both airport staff was being dishonest when they said it's in the ticket disclaimer that "return ticket" is needed. It's not on it, and customer service is the worst airline customer service I have encountered. Pay a little more and Fly Philippine Airlines.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

While a passenger cannot board the plane because the very slow control on immigration (2 hrs 30 min) in advance. The company reject the rebooking for the next day and ask for full fare, while is absolutely not the responsibility of the passenger. It seems that could be a collusion between the immigration officer and the company, (this generate business). Many passengers in the same situation. Avoid this company.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I have booked all my domestic flights around Visayan regions on their website. Be aware of the manage - purchase add-on. If making a booking, make sure that your flight will allow to purchase add-ons on check in baggage. I just realized that my flight cannot purchase add-ons online. I rang them up and inquire on how to purchase add-ons for my flights. They said that it's not allowed But if you check in at the airport and YOU HAVE EXCESS BAGGAGE, THE AIRCRAFT WILL ALLOW BUT FOR AN EXPENSIVE COST. So Kapamilya, other airlines may be a bit more expensive but they are more flexible on allowances for a cost. NOT WITH CEBU PACIFIC. They also change one of my flight and they want me to just accept it. I asked if they can at least give me something for the inconvenience they've caused me but they said there is nothing they can do except for an additional cost.

Original review: June 17, 2017

I booked a flight on their website for Jan 23! next year. I get an email that it's for June 23 next week! I call them up figuring I would have to pay a change over fee or maybe get lucky and have some decency since it's been less than 48 hours. (Didn't get confirmation email until this morning and was at work all day.) Nope they want to charge me 11000PHP to change my flight with fees. My original flight was only 8600! I can rebook the flight online for 8600 as a new flight! So I go screw it. I will cancel my original and get a credit.

They charge me 8000PHP to cancel the flight and here is the kicker. My new shiny 600 credit can only be used over the phone not online booking! So I have the girl book me the same flight and seats I picked online and her price is 9200! Because over the phone is more expensive. These people don't care about anyone and just want to give you the shaft. Stay as far away from them as possible. I hate that I have to fly with them to go to Bangkok for my flight home. Has me really worried!

Original review: June 10, 2017

We bought tickets going to Mindanao last March. With the situation of that area, we decided to cancel our trip. This company refused to refund or reroute our tickets. They are such a money hungry. This company does not care for the safety of their passengers!!! DO NOT PURCHASE ANY TICKETS FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Cebu Pacific Airlines Company Information