3.77/5

Looking for a travel site?

British Airways

Looking for a travel site?

British Airways Reviews

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

I want to start by saying that I have no problems with any of the flight crew or service while flying, everything on the plane was fine. After the flight landed, I rushed to the baggage claim because my wife and I had another flight out of London and only had an hour to make it on. Even though we could see the plane and watch the baggage crew drive the bags over, it took 45 minutes before my bag came through. The baggage claim “service” desk continually turned away the 30 other furious customers until a manager could arrive, by which time I was running to catch my next flight...which I missed.

Turns out the next flight home on our next airline wasn’t for another 6 days. Hoping that British Airways would help us out in some way, we went to their absolutely horrendous customer service desk where a joke of a customer service agent named Giles, basically told us to pound sand. It ended up costing my wife and I almost $3000 for food in the airport and tickets to get home, spent the next 20 hours in the airport and British Airways refused to offer us so much as a stupid $20 meal voucher!! If Giles is any representation of how this airline “supports” their customers, I advise everyone to steer clear of this airline! They clearly know absolutely nothing about taking care of the people that pay them for their service! We will never use this airline again and will advise our friends, family, and the entire internet to do the same!!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2019

On August 23, I received a google notification that my BA flight returning to the US on August 24 was cancelled. I immediately called BA and spoke to a representative. She could not find a reasonable alternative flight with BA and stated that I can go ahead and book with a different airline and I would receive a full refund on my BA itinerary. Because the flight was cancelled the day before departure, all returns back to the United States were extremely expensive, but my full refund was going to compensate for about half the cost, and having no other alternatives I booked a United flight to return to the US. To receive the refund, BA told me that my travel agent had to inquire with BA to receive the refund. When my travel agent got in touch with BA, they were only approved for a partial refund.

BA argued that a full refund is not possible because only my inbound flight was cancelled. This contradicts what BA told me when I spoke with a representative on August 23. I called BA customer services. Either BA customer service lied to me on August 23, and I relied on a lie when I considered my available funds for an alternative flight, or BA is not keeping its promise. I spoke to BA and they would not keep their word and refused to give me the full refund. It was a horrible way to treat a customer. I felt insulted by BA, and I cannot believe how horrible they treated me on this matter. It was very deceptive of them to promise a full refund only to then approve a partial refund.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Recently flew British Airways from Tampa to London LGW. Considering the price of >$3000 round trip, food could have been better. They charge for advance seat selection. Cabin attendant minimal. Despite my status on American Airlines and the fact that I paid more than $3000 RT, I was not permitted to use the BA lounge at London Gatwick. The worst was of course the inability to book a seat free more than 7 days in advance. Did they want blood as well? The breakfast that was served was abysmal and there was not a person around me in Premium economy ate the garbage that was served. I hope that each and every employee of BA who takes one of their flights is subjected to the same poor service. Then perhaps the airline will change due to employee demands.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

British Airways is as bad as any other budget airlines. Extremely disappointing when you expect support and respect from a company with "good" reputation and they just don't care. British Airways overbooked my flight, they gave me a small compensation and sent me to a cheap hotel and they can just get a long with it. Huge disrespect! Despite the vouchers, hotel and transfers, the cash card compensation was kind but nothing in relation to the stress I encountered.

The original rescheduled flight didn’t give us any other options such as arriving a day earlier rather than later. Lost a day’s annual leave. Wasted a lot of time in the airport. The vouchers and hotel with dinner were appalling. Still had to pay for the Airbnb on the Friday night. The stress and discomfort of potentially missing the 3rd planned flight impacted my company (300mile) bike ride which left the following Monday. 3 day break was significantly cut short. I'm rather disappointed and I would expect more from a such company. Overbooking a flight is unacceptable and what BA offers seems to cover up this let down seems very unfair.

Original review: July 30, 2019

I flew a short flight from London Heathrow to Paris. I followed all instructions and arrived 2 hours early for my flight, checked in on-time (if not a little early), and proceeded to the terminal. My flight was scheduled for 6:35 pm, but they did not announce the gate until 5:45 pm. I arrived to Paris receiving an email that they did not "lose" my luggage, but instead failed to load it onto my flight and decided to send it on the next flight out to Paris. I went to the help desk, which confirmed that my luggage was not "lost" and that it was coming in on the next flight. They told me that it would be delivered directly to my hotel some time the next morning.

It is 10:02 am now and still no bag. I called customer service and they informed that it could be delivered up to tomorrow morning. There was absolutely no sense of urgency regarding my luggage situation having no clothes, no toiletries, and being left stranded with nothing in a foreign country. They have managed to ruin my first trip to Paris. This was supposed to be a memorable experience, but unfortunately, it will be memorable for all of the wrong reasons. I urge consumers to think twice before flying with British Airways.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Original review: July 19, 2019

My partner and I booked our ideal trip through Expedia which was completely ruined due to British Airways and Expedia. Let me explain my nightmare, our flight were delayed twice in New York. We left New York around 10pm, when we were supposed to depart at 7:30 pm; all those hours sitting in a plane. Then we arrived to London to connect with our other flight which was suppose to land us on July 18th in Santorini...that flight was no longer available since we arrived late to London due to all the delays. British Airways was not able to accommodate us in any flight to land us in Santorini on the 18th. They were insensitive to our emotions and frustration when they were advised that we were supposed to meet our family in Santorini for a wedding and that our hotel was expensive and we lost a night in our hotel including transportation.

In addition, my anxiety kicked in and started crying and demanded to be treated fairly, was when British Airways decided to give me and my partner ten dollars voucher to eat at the airport. Imagine that, we spend hundreds to get to our ideal vacation and British Airways insult us with a 10 dollar voucher for food. Once I raised awareness on how disrespectful they were, it was when they made arrangements to pay for a local hotel (Holiday Inn) with transportation and food vouchers. They didn't care that I spend hundreds on my hotel in Santorini with all the amenities that I cared for. Please be advised that I was also in London which didn't have the proper funds because I converted all my money in euros and not pound. They wasted a whole day of my vacation, hotel stay and family time.

Inclusive, on July 19 we made the attempt to board our connected flight to Santorini and to no surprise there was another delay...I spend the early day of July 19 on an airport instead of Santorini with my family. Expedia was notified regarding all these incidents and they completely blamed British Airways!. My vacation was ruined and I am scarred.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Thank you to Captain & Staff of BA2645 - 8 July. Thank you to the Captain and Staff for their amazing help, attitude and efficiency. We are Australians and on 8 July we were travelling from Malta to UK. Our son took ill just as we were prepared to take-off from Malta airport. He, my husband and I needed to exit the plane to travel by ambulance to the hospital. It was a very stressful time but the help given by the Captain & cabin crew made the situation that bit easier. My son’s recovery is very positive. Please pass on our appreciation to the Captain & Cabin crew. They are great ambassadors for your company.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I will never fly British Airways again, or try to since we didn't actually get to fly with them as they cancelled our tickets. Our flight from SLC to Heathrow was delayed and we informed them before we left the US that we would not make it to our connecting flight, despite the fact that we had almost 4 hours between flights. We were not put on a later flight at that point but when we arrived at Heathrow were told that we could get on the next flight to Copenhagen for another 3200 British Pounds (4 of us)!!! And they had CANCELLED our tickets for the flight we missed (that they knew we were going to miss) as well as our flight 4 DAYS LATER from Copenhagen to Edinburgh.

As a result, we had to fly to Amsterdam that same night, spend the night in a hotel (well, about 5 hours) and fly to Copenhagen the next day (losing a night in the Airbnb we had already paid for in Copenhagen plus paying for a hotel in Amsterdam). And then we had to buy new tickets on EasyJet (another $1220.84 USD) to get from Copenhagen to Edinburgh 4 days later.

So, long story short, I have been trying to get our just over 1000 British Pounds back (about $1600 USD) for flights that we never took because they cancelled our tickets. Their customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. All they have offered so far is to refund the taxes which works out to 66 British pounds per person. All I want is our money back for services we did not get. I'm going to keep fighting and post as much as I can about this horrible experience.

Original review: July 9, 2019

British Airways costed us hundred of extra dollars due to our flight delay. Our flight was delayed almost three hours and by the time we landed our car rental company was closed so we were stuck at the airport. We had to pay for our taxi to our hotel and back to the airport to schedule ANOTHER car rental which was an additional $250. When we put in a form for compensation they said it’s not their fault and there’s nothing they could do for us.

Original review: June 5, 2019

We took a flight from London to Lyon on British Airways. We had one backpack and one small luggage. There was no problem going. The luggage was only 10kg. Their max weight is 23kg. On our return flight 3 days later they decided that we could not take the luggage and so they charged us $75 each for the luggage. Since they let us take it going we had no way of knowing someone would arbitrarily pick us to charge us! It was a one hour flight. That was almost as much as the ticket!

When I spoke to the customer service manager, Teresa, she said it was the airport who charged us, not British Airways. I told her, "NO, they were wearing British Airways uniforms!" Come on. She refused to give us a refund. This airline steals money from people and there is no way to prepare for that. They are crooks. Where did $75 charge come from?

British Airways Company Information