2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.8/5 (308 ratings)

About British Airways

British Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Original review: Oct. 23, 2021

I spent $300 yesterday for seats in business on British Airways. After I changed my flight today... they refused to refund my money. Still not sure why you pay for an assigned seat in business class.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2021

I booked 2 business class tickets from Denver to Marseille and then from Paris back to Denver for May 2022. I needed to cancel the trip and was informed the $700 I paid for advance seat selection was non refundable.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

When flying on third world airlines to distant parts of the world I don’t expect much and then rarely disappointed, but I was shocked to see how British Air has descended to third world status. They lost my luggage twice during my trip from Philadelphia to Nice, France including our baby stroller and car seat. Then once aboard their so called COVID rules descended in a free for all whereby passengers walked freely about the First and Business class cabins without masks complete unchallenged by the stewardesses. After all their promotions about safety British Air’s actions were not following their promises. We will redirect all further travel to United, Swiss Air, Emirates and Cathay Pacific.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2021

Worst airways I have never seen this kind airways and customer service. This is really a bad experience that no one had faced it. I am travelling from Boston to Hyderabad via London. I have called customer services multiple times before I am going to airport regarding required documents to carry. They said about Covid19 documents but they never said we need to carry a valid USA visa stamped in the passport. When I reached check in counter, the customer service verified all my documents including Covid-19 (RT-PCR) test results. Everything looks good, but they asked me to show valid US visa stamp on Passport.

My F1 visa is expired and currently I am on H1B visa where it is not stamped on Passport because I never leaved US after my H1 is approved. I have valid I-797 copy which is valid until October 2023. Even though they asked me to show valid visa stamp on passport only. When I asked her how can I get stamped without leaving United states, then she replied to visit New York and get UK visa stamped. They are very rude and not at all listening to all.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

For the fourth time our trip has been rescheduled due to what they call “cancelled flights.” While re booking more and more payments have to be done on seats, what started as a 1 stop flight is now a 3 stop flight and not even sure of cancellation in one of those either, personnel is incapable and unprepared to resolve issues. Will not recommend this disastrous airline, family trip from Las Vegas to Rome is a mess due to British Airways lack of commitment and total disregards to customers who have paid a very expensive business class tickets.

Original review: July 24, 2021

I will never in my entire life or my family fly British Airways again. My original booking says 5hrs for connecting from London to Boston which I can endure but I got to London and got to find out it was changed to 11hr layover without notification. This is frustrating being my first time with British Airways. Eleven good hours without any alternative. I didn’t pick this flight, the airline did.

Original review: June 27, 2021

I was traveling with my wife (Note: in business class/club world) from Seattle to Bangalore via connecting flight in London and we reserved our seats together while booking the tickets. But mysteriously they changed it later and when we got our boarding pass, they assigned 11h and 5d. Called several times but they couldn't do anything and gave us weird explanations like maybe someone else needed those seats and there are no other seats together available. When we boarded, the whole plane was empty and still they didn't allow us to seat together. When we arrived in Bangalore (India), we had to wait 4-5 hours for covid results, looks like this is required only from passengers coming from UK and SA and again they didn't tell us anything related to this. Stay away from BA and avoid UK for connecting flight.

Original review: March 16, 2021

British Airways cancelled my flight twice within two months. I have booked through trip.com. Just because I have booked through agency now British airway pushing me to accept a refund only voucher which I refuse to accept but what did do with my money? End of the day I paid them through card payment and I should get a refund through my original payment method not just voucher. What shall I do with the voucher? It seems they are forcing me to take British airways. I am sick of them. I don't want to use British airways anymore now and In the future. Said I have to book directly through them in order to get my full refund. It is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I had purchased a ticket ** for my wife…for flight scheduled to depart from Chennai, India (MAA) on 27th Jan 2020 to proceed to Seattle Tacoma Airport USA. The flight from Chennai was cancelled. I applied for refund on 21st December. The ticket was purchased by me using bank to bank transfer… The account to which the funds were to be sent was given by BA customer care executives and ticket was issued only after receipt of money in BA account. Despite several telephone calls to British Airways customer care as well as requests lodged through BA website… Refund has not been made till date (16-1-2021).. Refund not received NEITHER IN my account from which payment was made to BA…, NOR in my wife (passenger)‘s account… BA customer care executive asked me to provide the passenger’s (my wife’s) account details, which I had also provided.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Due to illness we could not take our flight. Although we did not have a variable ticket, they canceled our flight, and we received a voucher for the full amount. Thank you very much. The customer service team is very friendly and helpful.

British Airways Company Information