1.59/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

British Airways

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 10, 2017

285 British Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I paid an extra $100 for an upgrade to a seat with more legroom. However, my seat was not any different than other economy seats. When I complained in the plane, they acknowledged that I have paid extra but told me that the flight is completely booked and there is nothing they can do about it. And to contact BA. After holding in line for 30 min, an agent told me to fill out a form with BA online. I did. Nothing. A month later after waiting for 30 min, another agent tells me I have to call between 9-1 eastern time and talk to customer relations. Terrible service.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I am an Indian citizen and I had booked a flight for two of us on British Airways.com for a return trip from Amsterdam to Bangalore via UK to Mumbai. Once I booked the ticket I had made a point that I called the British Airways customer care (+91-124-4120715) on Wednesday, August 2, 2017, around 12:25:12 PM and spoke to the personnel.

When we reached the Amsterdam Airport, we were denied boarding. I was very sure that the BA personnel at the airport might have some confusion regarding their regulations as I was very sure that I'd be allowed after the conversation what I had earlier with the BA helpline. There were lots of confirmations made within the team at the airport, I explained to them that I already had spoken with BA helpline and that should be clear. I requested them to call the immigration office and Immigration office personnel said we CANNOT board the flight as we have a Schengen C VISA and not D category VISA. (these terminologies were new for us).

We were really blank at that point of time, not knowing what to do. I requested BA if they can change our flight but NO. ALL the flights travel via UK and we cannot take any of them. They suggested us to take Emirates flight for the night, I asked if they can transfer the booking, but NO again. They cannot do it. The Emirates flight costed us 1.3 lac for two of us.

We were clueless there standing for an hour, they gave me the number to directly contact the BA but I cannot make a call as I did not have the SIM card nor I can book the next flight as I really had no money in my account since that was the last day of vacation. No hotel booking to stay overnight. It made no point standing at the airport and staring at the counters but also did not have money to travel back to the hotel (as that was the last day for OV Chipkaart). We somehow managed to call my brother and sister to arrange some money for us so that we can go back and think of what can be done.

We stayed near the train station for almost two hours and waiting for a message that money was deposited. But this experience made us forget all the good days we had. The last day ruined our vacation when we were really tired and wanted to go home. We finally took next day’s flight back to India. It took me a day to come back and loads of frustration to write this email. I REQUEST British Airways to refund our ticket prices and hotel stay prices ASAP as I have to pay back the credit I had taken for my new tickets.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

British Airways mislead me and it cost me over $3k just to get my family home from the UK after they cancelled my return flights due to THEIR error. Our new flight home (which cost me $3k) was cancelled due to Hurricane Harvey in Houston Texas (where I live) and they had NO flights to get us home for the foreseeable future. The man helping me said he could book us to Austin (3.5 hours away from Houston) and then BA would pay for our rental car cost to drive home. We did just that, and guess what? They denied reimbursement for our rental car. In total, I spent 8 hours on the phone with BA (during my vacation) and spent a total of $4,250, when it should have cost me $1200 (which was the cost of my original round trip tickets.) I am DISGUSTED with them and will never in my life fly BA again. I hope they go bankrupt for the way they treat their customers.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I have flown many airlines - KLM (the best), Air France, American Airlines and others. I recently flew British Airways and I must say it was the worst experience of my life. My items were stolen - I mean stolen and I have taken more than 2 months asking BA to look into the matter but to no avail. Here is the last communication I got from them:

“Thanks for your recent email providing us with your credit card statement with your delayed baggage purchases. Once again I'd like to apologize your baggage was delayed when you flew with us. Unfortunately, the items you're claiming for are items which we would not reimburse our passengers for. It states in our General Conditions of Carriage we advise not to carry any jewelry in your checked in baggage. I've included a link to this below, it appears under section 8. **. Thanks again for contacting us about the experience you had. We value your feedback and we certainly value your insight. I hope we can welcome you back on board again soon. If you have any other issues please don't hesitate to contact me using the blue link below.”

Please do not fly this airline. Apparently they employ people who steal and would not negotiate or compensate you when their baggage handlers steal from you. I have been flying for almost 10 years and this June was the first time my items were vandalized and stolen! And BA would not acknowledge the theft. Please do not fly this airline, they are not responsible.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This time they were nice and courteous. But I wish they would allow us to bring soy milk on flight. Had no problems this time and most likely I will go with them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I just bought a ticket from BA through Expedia. Of course to do that I answered all their questions. To take money - no problem. Then I decided to call BA to make the seat assignment. After I waited for 48 minutes on hold I was told that my booking was not updated with necessary information and a representative could not do the seat assignment. While I may appreciate their security concern I really do not understand why these concerns have not made it through their partnership with Expedia. If BA was OK to take our monies from Expedia, why they have not asked Expedia to record all necessary info? And if they haven't, why they were enforcing it over the phone?

The funny part - while I was on hold with BA for 48 minutes I tried to go and add some info to my booking, guess what - their site was crashing every time I tried.

Catch 22? I asked the rep to put his manager on the line, of course I was given the same 'we do not care, we have rules, it is not our problems' answers. Well, from my point of view they were your issues and they were your problems.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

Flew business class Dublin to LHR return and first class LHR to Kuala Lumpur return last year. A truly miserable experience from the word go. Business class seats were only the same as economy but with middle seat blocked. Only ham on the way out so I had no lunch. Ordered kosher meal for return flight and was fed a slob of a vile fish dinner. First class experience was pathetic. I have had better service from cabin crew with Ryanair.

Actually on the way back my call to order breakfast was not even answered. Called again after over an hour to order breakfast only to be told by a stewardess that they served from the other side! Why do I need to know which side they serve from when it was supposed to be dining on demand??? British Airways first class on board the 787-9 Dreamliner was a nightmare. A complete and utter waste of money. Complaint was followed up by a phone call and nothing more. No compensation and no gestures. British Airways should not bother to advertise first class service as they certainly don't know what that means. I could go on and on but I think I will stop here. Truly awful.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Flew LA-London return. Seats were very cramped and very hard on lower back. Food was poor especially the breakfast which was inedible. Was very disappointed by the whole trip. Staff at Heathrow were rude as we didn't understand the self baggage system but the folks on the plane were great.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

British Air fails miserably when it comes to accountability. They sub-contract at their discretion with other airlines then FAIL to stand by their responsibility to ensure their contractors perform. My family including 4 young children got pawned off by BA to Iberia for a return flight. We were rerouted to Boston (from New York). We spent an (illegal) 5 hours on the tarmac with the roof of the plane leaking then another hour in the airport as Iberia staff tried to pretend they were invisible. They said that they had no vouchers, transportation, or places to stay. They lied (twice) about reimbursing ground transportation that we found ourselves. The first British Air rep. I spoke to also said that they would cover the $680 taxi fare after Iberia shirked responsibility, but their claims system later declined. Caveat emptor! This is not a trustworthy company!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Love British Airways, I trust them. They have one of the best records, the help is well trained and they have some of the best pilots in the world; altogether a very satisfying experience whenever I have flown with them. Highly recommended.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

The items on the menu, many were not available. The points system you have earned they take most or all of it away depending on the type and class of flight. This boils down to outright fault.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2017

I was thrilled flying with British Airways. The seating areas were very clean and the service was exceptional. When I asked for something, or needed something I did not have to wait. Honestly, starting with the check in to landing at my destination, I have no complaints.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I had a very bad experience yesterday when I flew from Chennai to Toronto by BA36 and BA93 aircraft with my family on 29th August 2017. After, 90 minutes of waiting at the immigration for the formalities, then came to the check in baggage collection area, where I couldn't locate one of my baggages. After searching for an hour, I proceeded to the British Airways counter which was empty. No one was there to help me and some other passengers who flew with me with the same issue as well. We were told to wait for the staff by one of the airport staff, we again waited for an hour but no one showed up.

The other Airline counter staff (Iceland Air) felt sorry for us and tried to help us. They asked us to leave the arrival area and go to the departure area to find one of the British Airways counter Staff to help us. We reached the departure area British Airways Counter and asked for help from Ms. **, we were surprised by the attitude of her, who told us that it was not her responsibility and failed to accept the fact that there was no British Airways staff at their arrival area counter. At last she took the complaint after repeated requests. I failed to understand why the British Airlines Counter did not have any staff to help customers while every other airlines had some one to help their valued customers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I was shocked today to find that although am flying in 24 hours with my wife back home to the UK. That British Airways for the first time ever, placed us on opposite sides of the plane plan. As in one in the back and other in the front of the plane etc. My experience of flying even with cheapest airlines that if passengers are flying together from the same party, let alone being couple, the airline do their best to place them next to each other or as close as possible. Otherwise where is the joy of flying together.

When I called British Airways, customer care (so they say), the unhelpful agent said if I didn't buy my seat, then they can place us anywhere they have available. So I said I have no problem being placed anywhere as long as together, he said if you don't buy the seat that is not possible. Am shocked. Is it a normal practice now, that on top of paying for the flight ticket on British Airways, that to fly in dignity I have to pay extra for the seat too? What else?

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Thanks for a total disaster at check-in (LHR - through complete lack of immigration knowledge among BA employees ref; RSA transit). At London Heathrow, at one point, we were told we might not be able to fly as we were lacking paperwork that wasn't even needed. We were kept waiting around for all sorts of BA staff who had no idea about RSA airport 'in transit' rules, to make a decision. It was all totally unnecessary! Then there has been total flight delays chaos. This has then led to a lack of connecting flight (even though delay was BA's fault). Due to not having a visa for RSA, leaving the airport to stay at a hotel overnight and reentering the airport poses a risk and causing all kinds of problems.

BA have managed to lose a key piece of luggage too. Now expecting further 24-48hr delay to catch next flight as planes are apparently fully booked. British Airways employees had/have no idea what's happening at LHR or RSA airports and my 2 children are very tired and stressed as a result. Shambolic customer service at LHR and RSA airports. We will never use BA again! I don't think BA have done anything right so far.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

Missed flight because of last-minute gate change. Printed our boarding cards at airport at 8:00 am. Waited at gate 6. At 9:37 am found nearest BA gate to be told flight closed, aircraft still there BTW. We never heard the announcement nor our names called, which is a bit strange. We were told repeatedly our fault. We did nothing wrong. "Must buy new tickets, go away, can't help you, you have cheap ticket..." Very hurtful to be treated so callously by a legacy carrier. Sad. "Well 120 people made it except you!" "Your fault, not our responsibility." Curious... If our tickets had been more expensive would we have been treated differently? Purchased our tickets on 12 NOV 2016 and were looking forward to our flight. Needless to say, totally miserable and expensive day: New tickets, new transfers at LGW and missed a London pre-paid evening. I request a full refund and I hold responsible for this horrible day which could have been avoided.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

My daughter changed her flight Denver to Glasgow April to 3 days earlier. $157 the day before she went to check in and it says she wasn't on flight. She called and they said due to a system error the payment didn't go through. They sorted it. When statement came in she'd been charged $198. I have been trying to get this sorted since May. Last week their rep Baxter promised me he would call or email me. I'm still waiting. My daughter sent them an email and they're saying when she called and was told it was originally their fault and a system error. Seemingly she was told it was $198 and they're refusing to give a refund. My daughter doesn't recall this conversation at time. She was worried she wasn't getting on flight. She spends 3k a year. 24 year old student. Shame on you.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

My baggages are delayed and received those after 3 days but some of the contents are missing from one luggage in which I kept some costly items like Google Daydream VR, bluetooth headset, etc. Also they have taken chocolates which I was bringing for children. I have opened a case but not received any call or reply till now. Very worst experience I had with this airline.

Original review: July 20, 2017

Traveling with two kids, 2 bags missing, issue reported at the TLV airport on June 14th, 2017 under **, four customer relations cases opened **. One bag returned on June 15th, the second bag returned on July 17th, 33 days later. Missing content, broken luggage and there's no way to contact BA. Also, no intentions to pay compensation. When you call Customer Relations, they won't answer, there is a message that says that "they is a very high volume of calls" and redirect you to the website. Once you open a case in the website, you will never receive an answer from British Airways.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I was traveling last 4th July from Geneva to JFK New York, through London Heathrow. My trip from Geneva to London Heathrow was normal without any problem, except that I was not assigned a seat number for my flight from London to New York. And a lady from British Airways in Geneva, told me that she will call London and they will assign me a number at my arrival at London. When I arrived to London Airport, I had to change my terminal, and pass a quite long security checks, and then went to the British Customer Service in Terminal 5 I think, to request a seat number, after waiting a long time, because there was a lot of people waiting their turn.

I got a new boarding ticket with a seat number. The BA employee, looked at his watch, and told me to walk quickly to the terminal B42 for boarding. Which I did, but the distance was long and when I made it there, a lady refused to let me in, and said it is too late to board, and asked me to check that with the customer service. I went to the customer service again, and found there a very rude employee who didn't want to help or even to listen to me, and asked me to buy a one way ticket for tomorrow, which would have cost more than 1000 pounds, and when I refused because it exceed the price of my total original ticket, he told me this is all what he can do for me, and that I am responsible of myself in the airport.

A security guard tried to help me and intervened, but he got a same reply from this rude employee. I decided to return to the customer service where I got the seat number, and there at least I met a wonderful lady who tried to help me, but asked me to pay 270$ to change the date of my booking for tomorrow 5th July with American Airlines. I checked out my luggage and waited a long time to get it from the luggage service in London Heathrow. Beside that I had to pass the night in London, and had to pay the hotel, taxis, to and from the airport, and restaurants there. Apart from a lady working with British Airways in the Customer service, I got no help from this company at all.

I didn't do any mistake, I was on time in Geneva Airport, and walked quickly to reach my flight in Heathrow Airport, but the fact that I had to wait a long time to get a seat number in London and the long security checks and the change of terminals, were the cause of my last horrible journey. Now, I request BA to refund me all my expenses resulting from my horrible journey, because they didn't assign me a seat number in Geneva, and caused my delay, as I had to wait for a long time before getting my seat number, and then lost time and was unable to catch my flight to New York. For a people transiting with BA, through Heathrow airport, think twice... My flight reference is: **.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Today (Tuesday 4.7.17), I found I needed to change a travel date from Fri (7th) to Thurs (6th). I attempted to do this on BA's "Manage My Booking" for about 2 hours and, although I selected 4 different flight times, each time I thought my booking change was completed (at an extra cost of 156-199 + seat costs), I was told that my changed flights were fully booked, even though my booking included purchase of seats shown as available (quite a few). So. I contacted BA's Customer Services by phone and waited for about 20 minutes for an agent who, after saying hello and providing his name, promptly lost me. So, another 20 minutes later, I spoke to another (very caring and helpful) BA agent and she told me the only available flight changes would cost me almost +500 onto my 218 ticket!!! I could have booked a new return ticket for a lot less!!!

Is it surprising that I am HUGELY unimpressed by 3 things 1. the additional charge by BA when all the work is by me and on-line and BA can re-sell my Friday flight; 2. the time I spent going around in circles, online, to end up with nothing and having to phone Customer Services; and 3. the time it takes to get through to Customer Services who, clearly, are insufficiently staffed, over-worked and with limited capacity to really help. BA - you are in serious need of a makeover and self-examination to have customers, such as I, consider using you again and not tell everyone to avoid you and write reviews such as this.

Original review: July 2, 2017

I am very disappointed with the entire service from British Airways. How is it possible that for a 3 hours flight no water was served or food? My parents made it safe to Bucharest but massive headache and dizziness due dehydration. We were loyal customers for over 10 years. Now we have to say "SHAME ON YOU BRITISH AIRWAYS". No wonder you are going downhill! I will write everywhere possible this review!

Original review: June 27, 2017

My British Airways Club World experience from Los Angeles via London to Zürich calls for reflection on what use to be "The World's Favorite Airline". On board service was mediocre at best. IFE system out of service, complacent crew, terrible meal options. This put aside; upon approach to Heathrow Airport the captain made an announcement stating the airport was experiencing disruptions due to "weather" however we would land on schedule. The "weather" problem was actually a complete breakdown of the BA computer system which put the entire operation to a halt. My connection flight was scheduled to depart 2 hours after my long haul flight arrived. No airport announcements made for hours after scheduled departure, and this only after BBC News reported the actual condition at Heathrow.

Flight departure board noted "delayed" therefore I decided to go into the lounge and wait. BA Lounge Agents actually denied access to paying Club passengers to one of the lounges; the other was accessible as the staff were too busy to check status of customers entering the lounge. About 1630-1700 BA made the announcement all flights are cancelled, passengers were to leave the lounge/airport and left to their own devices. This created another disaster as all passengers were required to clear immigration reentering/entering the United Kingdom. Thousands of people were locked into the transit area of T5 for another 2 hours before immigration officers allowed us to exit! Nobody could leave as the immigrations service did not have the manpower to repatriate the stranded passengers.

Finding hotel accommodation when all hotels were overbooked at this point along with car services. Not to mention no baggage and no first needs items offered to premier class passengers. Long story short, I incurred roughly USD $1,500.00 in hotel/car/first needs items. BA did absolutely nothing and still has not addressed two complaint files nor reimbursed my out of pocket expenses/EU cancellation fees etc. Had I not managed to reserve a flight on Swiss for the following day I would more than likely still be sitting at Heathrow without my baggage. Baggage arrived damaged and not repairable three days later. Disgraceful what happens when services are outsourced and staff treated like a number.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Totally gobsmacked with a response I received from British Airways about a change I requested. I am returning to the UK catching a flight from Brisbane to Sydney then Sydney to Heathrow. What I wanted to do is catch the flight from Sydney. I was only cancelling a flight from Brisbane to Sydney and joining the return flight at Sydney rather than Brisbane. I was not expecting a refund but was expecting an administration charge. Well I was told that this change would cost £180 as they had to recalculate the flight costs. That makes no sense to me at all as they are not incurring additional flight costs. I found their response insensitive, dismissive and inappropriate. Fly regular to Australia but after this experience will not use British Airways. Disgusted with their response.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I have been loyal to BA since 1993. Customer service has progressively deteriorated. On my last transatlantic flight I bought duty-free alcohol that was not sealed in its bag by the cabin crew and was confiscated, unopened, in LHR as a carry-on security risk. However, seating comfort has become the main problem, and it appears paying 50% extra for premium economy is the only solution, if you can find the seats. The entertainment system is quite decent, though. I think most airlines are (literally) squeezing anything they can from us, but until I can drive over the atlantic, I'll be choosing Swiss(Air).

Original review: May 18, 2017

British Airways cancelled our flight from Rome to London. They offered an alternative flight. However we would have miss our connecting flight back to the US. We had to book on another airline & it cost us an additional $2600 to get home. No compensation for our financial loss & their customer service in dealing with this was terrible.

Original review: May 14, 2017

I had a return flight scheduled from Stuttgart, Germany back to USA. There were 2 stop-overs on the way. First in Dublin, Ireland and the second in Chicago, IL before getting to my final destination SNA (California). At first, the flight in Stuttgart was delayed by 50 mins, then they boarded us and we stood in the gangway (about 100 people) for about 1 hour before they said we need to go back to the boarding area. Turns out that we had to sit back down for 20 mins more before they announced the flight was cancelled. They confirmed that there was no mechanical issue, and no weather issue. Finally, they did confirm that it was a crew issue. They did not have enough rested crew to leave. The staff suggested I go to the BA counter outside and get a new itinerary planned with them and they can also arrange a hotel for the night.

Ok, now what? There was no guidance from the ground staff. No plan of action, just a cancellation. I had already exited Germany as far as my password was concerned. I had to get the immigration officer to undo the exit stamp by signing and giving a reason why I did not leave Germany. Then I went to the BA check-in counter outside and they were closed. Went to ground services travel desk and all they could do was try to find a new flight and issue a new ticket and the only flight available was 2 days later at Euro 2,300. Not really an option for me. I called BA (International call for me, very expensive!) and they denied that the flight was cancelled and insisted that I was a no-show. After insisting that I was right and I have proof since I live in the real world and they are just looking at some computer screen, about 1 hour later they agreed that the flight was cancelled. Unbelievable!

The next course of action was to book me on the next possible flights. Which was next day 11:20 am. Everything was handled smoothly to generate a new itinerary and I was satisfied (for now). They said a new ticket # will be generated and everything will be emailed to me shortly. When I asked about the hotel for the night, since the flight was cancelled they made me hold for about 20 mins and agreed. Then transferred me to another department that would book the hotel. The lady on the next call said they can only make new hotel reservations that would cost me, rather than helping me in lieu of cancelled flight. Hmmm... they deceived me!! She insisted that they would not be able to provide a hotel for the night and apologized that the ground staff and the others I spoke to were wrong. Ah, did I fail to mention that she too did not believe me that the flight was cancelled.

I arranged a room using Hotels.com nearby for about $105, at a fairly nice and comfortable hotel. It was one station over on the S-Bahn which is conveniently at the airport. I lost my non-refundable one night hotel in Dublin $80. So, the total cost to me was about $185. I was really happy that everything was now working out and I had some rest. But my intuition told me to keep checking my email for the confirmed flight itinerary with the new ticket number. I had received nothing. I called them in the middle of the night, around 3 am now. Lot of holding time, but finally got somebody. They said the new ticket will not be issued because the flight was not cancelled, and since I was a no-show they could not help me. Oh no!

I have had it with these British people. I mean seriously, not just the company, but the people. It seems they are really stupid. I had to go through the whole process of describing my troubles and having proof of living in the real world, etc. Finally, about 5 am, they agreed. But still no email till about 8 am with the new ticket number. More phone calls (again International), they refused to admit the flight was cancelled. I could not bear it anymore. I checked out of the hotel and went to the airport.

People were already checking in for the 11:20 am flight. When my turn came, I had a nice German girl who saw my issue. I was in the system, but she could not generate a boarding pass since a new ticket number was not assigned. She made several calls to BA staff in UK and I could not tell exactly the conversations but it was clear she was getting upset at how rude they were to her. She tried her best on a her station but could not succeed. The checking line was long, but she did not let that bother her. She stuck with me to solve my problem. She said it happens a lot that there is a flight cancelled and British Airways denies their passengers, I guess hoping they are in a panic or urgency that they will just buy a new ticket.

She called the German ground staff who was expert with the computer software and he was able to get through lots of options and then enter me as a new ticket number. I think it took him a good 20-25 mins, but he was able to print out boarding passes for me and have me on my way. I could not even say thank you properly since I was emotional inside. You ever have the feeling of crying out of happiness. The feeling that there must be a God. This was proof. Everything from that point went smoothly. I don't know what I would have done if wasn't for these two Germans who helped me.

I think Germans know that British are liars and scheming to make more money. And that BA runs this way. I think in their industry it is common-place. None of this needed to happen to me. If BA wanted to take care of me, they would have instantly, right when they knew the flight was cancelled at the gate itself. But they don't care. Oh, did I mention that all the BA flights are old, not in good shape, entertainment screens are fuzzy and seats are old and beat up. But that was not as important as just making it back home to California.

Original review: May 13, 2017

Refusal to compensate - On Monday evening 5/8/2017, my daughter received an email that a leg of her BA flight booked through Explore Trip was canceled and she was placed on a later flight! This was not acceptable and would mess up all our plans. We started calling early on Tuesday to see what her other options were. I could sense from the first call that this was going to be a terrible battle. My daughter was trying to handle as much as she could on her own but this was her week of final exams. So I started calling, in the meantime, since she was making no headway, we incurred additional expenses to find an alternative way for her to get home.

The first call was at 12:35 pm, we spoke to Mason and were told the system was down, he took our number and said that he would call us back in 10 minutes. The call never came so we called back at 4:30 pm and spoke to Annabelle, explained the situation and told her that at this point we needed a refund on the Chicago to St. Louis portion of the trip because we have made alternate arrangements. After a long hold, she came back to the line and said that she could not do partial refunds, we would have to contact the airline directly. We got the number from her and called British Airways.

We spoke to Patrick at British Airways (5:30 pm), explained the situation to him and offered up a flight leaving Chicago at 10:19 am that would get my daughter home at 11:27 am (she was originally scheduled to be in St. Louis at 8 am). My daughter said she put Patrick on hold to call me to see if this would work, I told her no it would not. We had plans already made and could not change them. She told Patrick this would not work and that she just needed that leg of the flight canceled. He said in order to do this she would need to call back to the travel agency that we booked through. Here is where the run around begins.

She explained that she had talked to Explore Trip and they said they could not do the cancellation, she would have to go through British Airways. Now British Airways is telling her to call Explore Trip back. Patrick told her that they would need to call their travel support line if they needed help with the cancellation. I called Explore Trip back and spoke to George (6:16 pm), he wanted to tell me the same thing, I had to call British Airways. I told him I was not hanging up until we had a resolution and asked him to call British Airways with me on the line. Joyce from British Airways talked to us.

Long story short, George had already canceled the flight (hum) and claimed he could not give me our refund amount. I would have to get that from British Airways. Joyce stated that that was not true. He would get the refund amount from the travel trade line. At this point, I am beyond angry. We disconnected with Joyce and George told me I would have to call back in 3-4 business days for the refund amount.

I called today and there was more run around! We still don't have the amount of our refund. I have posted messages on Facebook and Twitter. None of this is happening from anything WE DID! This is on British Airways and Explore Trip, you all made the changes that cause us an inconvenience. We are only asking for what is fair and what is due to us. A refund for the leg of the flight that my daughter could not take due to YOUR LAST MINUTE CHANGES! For you to say you cannot help because we went through a travel agency is just a cop out! In the end, it is your airline that made the change and you profited in some manner from our purchase. You can definitely do something!

Original review: May 5, 2017

Best airline crew and ground staff. Very helpful rather than trouble! Food serve on international flights are good! I love this airline. If you have extra luggage, they allow you!! Very friendly staff!

Original review: May 4, 2017

My mother has a severe back problem that has left her with limited mobility. She was booked for a flight from ORTA to HRE-ZW and we explained and requested wheelchair assistance as she was in pain. We were told not to worry and that this would be arranged. She waiting in the holding area and a BA representative came through and said they would not provide this assistance as requested earlier on because there is no booking.

Surely such a big organization dealing with the public should have contingencies in place. Anyway to make matters worse she was made to carry her luggage and drag herself to the terminal in great pain without any assistance from British Airways representatives at all. As we speak my mom is bedridden and her situation has been worsened due to this mistreatment. #NOT_A _HAPPY_CUSTOMER.

British Airways Company Information