2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.97/5

British Airways Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Original review: March 16, 2021

British Airways cancelled my flight twice within two months. I have booked through trip.com. Just because I have booked through agency now British airway pushing me to accept a refund only voucher which I refuse to accept but what did do with my money? End of the day I paid them through card payment and I should get a refund through my original payment method not just voucher. What shall I do with the voucher? It seems they are forcing me to take British airways. I am sick of them. I don't want to use British airways anymore now and In the future. Said I have to book directly through them in order to get my full refund. It is ridiculous.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I had purchased a ticket ** for my wife…for flight scheduled to depart from Chennai, India (MAA) on 27th Jan 2020 to proceed to Seattle Tacoma Airport USA. The flight from Chennai was cancelled. I applied for refund on 21st December. The ticket was purchased by me using bank to bank transfer… The account to which the funds were to be sent was given by BA customer care executives and ticket was issued only after receipt of money in BA account. Despite several telephone calls to British Airways customer care as well as requests lodged through BA website… Refund has not been made till date (16-1-2021).. Refund not received NEITHER IN my account from which payment was made to BA…, NOR in my wife (passenger)‘s account… BA customer care executive asked me to provide the passenger’s (my wife’s) account details, which I had also provided.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2020

Due to illness we could not take our flight. Although we did not have a variable ticket, they canceled our flight, and we received a voucher for the full amount. Thank you very much. The customer service team is very friendly and helpful.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I booked a flight ticket online from my mobile phone. They charged me but never issued any booking reference and never email me any flight information, After months of calling and writing to the customer service, They accepted to refund me, and then 2 months later they decide they won't. This is a shame.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2020

I called several times in a month to confirm my mothers flight from Cyprus. Agent Kenny confirmed everything and said that despite the pandemic my mother could depart from Larnaca to arrive to NYC. My mother is very sick and disabled and she was supposed to see the doctor on NY the day after the flight. It turned out she was stopped at the airport and could not leave. She got a panic attack and ended up in hospital. I also bought 40$ insurance for refund in case something happened and the flight gets cancelled and today their supervisor Alvin ** told me wouldn't be able to issue the refund. Their booking agents are a BIG SCAM and I am filing a lawsuit against them!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2020

BA deserve to go bust as they suck. Called 4 times on an international call. Waited over 40 mins on each call and they still could not send an e-voucher so I can book my flights. The 4th time I called about the same issue they said I will have it in 24hrs. 5 days later nothing. Tried calling them again and when he heard I was upset about the whole thing he hung up. Very professional staff!!!!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2020

My flights were cancelled in April due to COVID which is completely understandable. I asked BA to refund my new bank account as the one I paid with was closed as I had since changed banks. They said they had to refund the closed account but it would bounce back to them. Once this happened I was assured I would get a call to provide new account details. I thought this was a poor process but having been assured this was normal I accepted.

Forward wind to August and still no refund. After numerous calls, emails and escalations BA tell me the refund didn’t bounce so it’s no longer their issue as the bank must have it. BA have provided the end of the card number refunded which has never been one of my cards, and a payment reference for the bank. The bank doesn’t recognise the reference after many hours of investigation.

Back to BA and just get the same excuse on repeat that despite them assuring me they would resolve this it’s now my problem and they are sorry I’m not out of pocket but from their side it’s case closed. I’ve spent over 8 hours on calls to banks and BA and still don’t have the refund they say was issued. That’s longer than the return flight that was cancelled! They refuse to acknowledge that the card number they have refunded to isn’t mine, nor will they accept that they assured me this wouldn’t happen and they would resolve. I’m beyond disappointed that a multi billion pound company would treat their customers like this. I chose BA thinking I was dealing with a professional airline, I was very wrong! So now because I opted to fly BA I have to write off hundreds of pounds and they couldn’t care less.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

I realize that the COVID 19 Pandemic requires adjusting our expectations of what overwhelmed businesses can accomplish. However, I’ve been patiently waiting five months for nine airfare refunds requested due to British Airways cancellation of a family trip to Europe. A quick breakdown to give you some context: March 15 - flights were cancelled by BA with request to wait a few weeks to submit a request form.

End of March - I waited the requested time and then filled out the request forms for each of the tickets. Late April - I called the phone number to check on the status of the refund. Apologies were made and I was informed that they had only just started to work on refunds as many centers were initially shut down. I should see a refund in two weeks. Mid-May - no refund. Followed with another polite call, similar response: only just started to work on refunds as many centers were initially shut down. “I should see a refund in up to weeks.” One of the nine refunds processed. None of the others.

End of May - no refund and BA removed seven of the eight remaining refund requests “by accident” which were then added back into the system. Otherwise, a similar response with the addition of “we have escalated your refund so you should see it soon”. Sound like a stalling tactic? End of June - no refund and same response including escalation verbiage. So far I’ve been very nice and understanding on the phone. I sent a complaint via the website - not as friendly as I questioned the integrity of the refund department. Expected a response in a few days.

End of July - response to online complaint received from a VP who has “escalated the issue to refunds” with still no refund. The response to the online complaint was nearly word for word on what has been stated during the phone calls. Obviously, PR/Marketing team has been busy ensuring all faux concerns from BA staff take the right tone with frustrated customers. Beginning of August - No refund as of August 7. Perhaps the refunds department for British Airways is not concerned about escalated requests for refunds.

I hope that no-one else has the problems I’ve had with refunds at BA in the future. I’m beginning to wonder if they even have a refunds department. Five months is an excessive wait time. Norwegian Cruise Lines provided me with a refund in less than 90 days (for the same trip). NCL - I would book with again. BA - based on this experience - probably not. If anyone knows of an institution who could help with this issue, please let me know. If anyone else is having the same issues, perhaps we need to band together and hire legal representation.

Original review: June 22, 2020

Single handedly the worst experience I’ve ever had with a flight company, and EasyJet held me captive on the tarmac for 8 hours. We’ve been misled, lied to and been tricked out of over £1,000. They won’t acknowledge any wrongdoing and were hands down the most disgusting company I’ve had to deal with on the phone. Their customer service team were rude and insulting. I urge anyone thinking of booking with this company goes elsewhere, even if it’s slightly more money because this company deserves nothing.

Original review: June 4, 2020

B.A is a company where A refund's exceedingly rare. They seem not to care. "Got your money, so there!" They will just leave you up in the air. We have jumped backwards through hoops and still had no response. Stressful and time-consuming. I will seek publicity if this is not rectified as our refund is badly needed now. Contact Stefan & Bethan **. ** to sort it out asap.

British Airways Company Information