1.06/5

316 British Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We submitted 2 complaints to BA regarding this incident and waited 7 weeks to hear back from BA customer service before posting this. Up until this date, no follow up from BA except acknowledge that complaint was received and someone will follow up shortly. BA had 1 hour connection, poor management to get people on connecting flight. Upon arrival, we had to wait for 20-25 minutes for a bus. Pilots announced 2 or 3 times about status of only bus provided by the airport to unload passengers. We were on the last run. From my past experience, crew would announce passengers with the short connection first to make sure people are able to make to their next flight.

Upon disembarkation, airport associate at the terminal gave to some including our group of 5 people bright orange labels for express connection and sent us through security check who could care less about those labels sending us back to the end of the line to wait for our turn. To make matter worse, 3 people from the group made through security check, while the other 2 had to wait while security associate got in altercation with Spanish speaking passenger and the entire queue of people had to wait. At the end, 2 people out 5 in the group were late to the boarding terminal. Escorting people and getting them checked in the priority line would be more helpful.

To make matter worse, Harved (or Hardev) **, Customer Operational Manager at C54 gate, instead of putting both parents on the same flight with the kid (who was boarded 10-15 min earlier as were) told us that gate is closed and it is impossible to board us and after realizing that there is a kid on the plane, decided to take the kid off the plane (to keep family together) and held plane for over an hour while looking for luggage for all three people. We failed to see logic behind it and tried to address it.

To add misery to our experience, he made a note (we realized it later when booked next flight) to charge us for a ticket blaming us for holding a plane when he decided to take passenger and bags off the flight instead of letting us on the plane. Instead of diffusing situation, while making financially sound decision for the company, OM cost longer delay and 3 stranded passengers had to be on the standby for the next available flight. We wanted to address this issue to next level management but were told by Mr. ** that "I am the top manager and there is no one above me".

BA associates, who were told to book us on the next flight, after OM left, told us to go to customer service desk and book it there. Then, they just left us at the gate and walked away mentioning that "their job is over and they are done for the shift". I guess, what should we expect from them if their superior just gave an example how to treat customers. All in all, very unfortunate situation for us and irreversible impression of BA imprinted in our hearts for many years to come. We used BA service years ago and had nothing but good memories of our past flight and this current flight was chosen based on the past experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Traveled on business class. Airline misplaced baggage. American Air confirmed baggage delivered to BA but BA misplaced the bag on 8/31. BA informed me that the bag was found on 9/7 and will be shipped and delivered within 48 hours but that never happened. 12 days have passed and the crappy airlines cannot commit to delivering the bag. They are just a bunch of incompetent people that are retaliating and harassing me since I escalated the matter. Their customer relations team lies as well. Unreliable and lying bunch because they tell you one thing and do the totally opposite. Ruined my mother’s birthday since her gift is in the misplaced baggage. No one cares and that includes their CEO + exec team.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My daughters and I booked a direct flight on British Airways from San Francisco to Heathrow as we were going on a 14 day tour. Upon arrival at Heathrow my daughters' bags were on the carousel but mine was not. The BA luggage agent assured me that based on "scanning" history of my bag, it must be somewhere in the airport but was not placed on the carousel and I should expect it to be delivered to me within 24 to 48 hours. Since I was on a tour moving daily or every other day, I provided 3 days of lodging information as well as my contact phone number.

I had to initiate a call to them every day as they did not respond to me and they continually promised to deliver it but never did. Every time I called I started at the beginning of my story (they obviously do not keep any records in their system even though I was provided with a claim number) and provided daily updates of where I would be. MY LUGGAGE WAS NEVER DELIVERED, BUT THEY DID FIND IT 2 DAYS LATER AND SENT IT BACK TO MY AIRPORT OF ORIGIN AFTER 8 DAYS. Now I am trying to submit receipts for a few items I purchased for reimbursement at their direction and am having to jump through hoops without any satisfaction. Of course, they will not consider reimbursement for the $70.00 in cell phone charges I incurred by having to call them daily and be on hold for several minutes.

It has now been nearly 2 months and I am still being asked to complete forms online to submit repeatedly. I think their strategy is to annoy and procrastinate to the point where I will give up. BEWARE OF THIS INCOMPETENT AND UNCOOPERATIVE AIRLINE - I WILL NEVER FLY WITH BRITISH AIRWAYS AGAIN regardless of their more affordable fares!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband and I recently returned to the US on two connecting flights on British Airways through Heathrow. Before we left for the trip, we were told by BA that we would need to purchase seats if we wanted to sit together. I had never heard of this before, but we paid 128 euros and chose our seats online. I did some research to make sure the seats would be comfortable, as we are both tall and I had recently had a hip replacement. First leg: we were told we could not have the seats we paid for and were given random seats.

The usual obscure excuse from BA. For a 3.5 hour flight we figured we could deal with it. Second leg: after rushing through hurdles, busses, trains and security AGAIN in Heathrow after deplaning within the terminal, we were bounced again. My seat had a metal box where my left leg would normally go in front of me. Not ideal for a left hip replacement. A full flight so. No hope there. 6 and 1/2 hours later we limped off and we're happy to leave BA behind. I attempted to contact customer service to ask for a refund, as I did not get the seats I had paid for. Nobody does excuses better than the British. They apologized that I did not have a good flight and hoped I would have a better experience the next time I flew British Airways. That will not happen.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We are a family of four. We missed our flight today from London to New York, our fault. When we informed BA they said there was nothing they could do, that is not the problem. They cancelled our return flight which is in two weeks. After speaking with a representative and being placed on hold for over half an hour, in total, we were told this was their policy. We paid for the flight. It is in two weeks time, however, we can't use this ticket. How is this legal? How they keep our money and not let us use the tickets. BA are thieves. Just adding insult to injury, BA wanted $5,000 extra to change our flights and issue new tickets. That doesn't include the $ 3,000 we paid initially. They were recharging us for the flight in two weeks that we already paid for but BA won't let us take. This can't be legal. They have no loss for the returning flight. How can they stop us from using it, we paid for it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My family was flying to Italy for a wedding traveling from JFK to Heathrow to Rome. Our flight was delayed arriving to JFK causing us to not be able to make the connection in London. After being at the ticket counter for 90 minutes (mostly waiting for return phone calls regarding inquiries made by the reps), they asked if we would be willing to travel Air France through Paris. We agreed, trying to be flexible, to run over to Air France to pick up our boarding passes. We arrived at the ticket desk at Air France's terminal only to find out that there were no boarding passes for us.

Unfortunately, and unknown to us, we were placed on standby (there were 12 of us with 5 children, so there is no way we would have agreed to fly standby!). We ended up scattered across two flights and Air France was able to offer incentives to other passengers to allow my kids to sit with my wife. I have tried for three weeks to contact BA regarding this issue via their website, various phone numbers, and direct emails with no response. There were also issues on the return flight (rebooked and delayed again) and one of our bags were lost in each direction (neither have been located).

Original review: July 20, 2018

My partner and I were traveling to Glasgow for a family wedding. Unfortunately, when we arrived at Heathrow Airport at 7.10 am, the cue for customs was excessive. It appeared there would have been 1000-2000 people waiting to be processed at the time. Unfortunately, I was not with a customs representative until 8.45 pm and we did not have sufficient time to change terminals to arrive prior to closing of check-in. When we arrived at Terminal 5, we spoke with a customer service representative at the reservations and inquiries desk for British Airways. We were informed the next available flight would be the following morning, at a cost of 340 pounds each! My partner and I paid 215 GBP return initially. We opted to catch a taxi (101.9 GBP) and stay at a hotel near London Euston (79 GBP), and we booked a train with Virgin Trains (140 GBP) to Glasgow the following morning.

We were scheduled to depart from Glasgow Airport on 12 July 2018. I received an email from British Airways on 11 July 2018 advising we could check-in online for our flight. When we arrived to check-in, the customer service representative indicated they could not find our reservation. I provided her with my smartphone with the online check-in email displayed. She then informed us British Airways had canceled our return flight as we were "no-shows" for the original flight. The customer service representative stated they had overbooked our flight anyhow, and the next available flight would cost 240 GPB each and departed at 12.20 pm. We were then directed to the reservations and inquiries desk at Glasgow Airport.

We requested to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor stated this is in their terms and conditions and it is applicable for all airlines. The supervisor could not explain why I received an email to check in online. When we explained our experience at Heathrow Airport, she stated "I can only apologize for the staff at Heathrow Airport for not informing you." She then proceeded to tell us Heathrow Airport should have advised us the flight would be canceled and we would have to pay a fee to keep our return reservation open. We received no notification our flight was canceled. We elected once again to catch a train (283GBP) each to London, as we had a flight booked to return to Australia the following day.

A note to everyone - make sure you review the terms and conditions of this airline. In the modern age, this appears to be such an outdated policy! I could not believe if we elected to reschedule our flights with them, it would have cost us an extra 2000 AUD. Customer service was clearly poor and lack of communication caused us additional travel delays and expenses. Would definitely not choose to fly this airline again.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I was traveling NY JFK to Paris CDG via London LHR. Going to Paris was ok. Coming back in Paris at the gate supervisor said, "Your bag is big. You to pay 75.00 euro." I ask her why. I am traveling with this bag several time. No airline stop me. She said, "You going to miss flight." I have $40.00 in my pocket. So I have to throw the bag on airport. Very bad experience with British Airways. I lost over $350.00 my stuff.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The website informed me that I need to phone the call center to change my flight. I have been on hold for 28 minutes and counting on the local number and for 15 minutes to the UK "gold member" number. They both go to the same call center and both remain unanswered. As a Gold member in South Africa I dialed the number on the card only to find the number is not in use. If this is how they treat "Gold Members" it does not feel like service. Still on hold to both local South African and UK call centers, hearing "a member of staff will be with me as soon as possible" about to hang up in desperation...

Original review: July 9, 2018

Due to my 13 year old daughter's stomach pain wanted to tell the boarding agent while boarding, whether we can check with paramedic before taking the plane. The boarding agent called the British airways med line and based on their response remotely without even seeing my daughter, mentioned that my daughter cannot fly and rest of the family can fly. It is not a normal scenario to drop your daughter who is only 13 years old in a foreign airport and you can fly with rest of the family members to home, I asked whether I can be provided with alternate tickets for another plane. It was refused as my original booking was from Expedia and I have to talk to them. I asked whether they can provide a notes or letter that says why my travel is cancelled by British Airways. For that the agent and supervisor responded that the itinerary notes are updated with what happened at the airport and British Airways system has that information.

Also refused to print any records for evidence for cancellation. And I had to rebook another flight the same day to travel which cost additional 4000 dollars. Later I came to USA and for insurance purposes when I called to see what the notes were, I found that the update was "Ticket is cancelled based on customer request". Which is a complete lie. Why would I cancel my return flight going all the way to the airport with all my baggages and family. I am really frustrated/disappointed on the ethics morals of British Airways and its boarding crew. Please ignore British Airways and book some other airlines if you are flying to Chennai. If you cannot afford to cancel the plane, just board the plane even you are sick and it is their headache how they deal the cost and emergency situation, their customer service is so pathetic they won't care what the customer loss is. Dont try to be a good person and lose your time and money.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Mine and my husband’s flight from Heathrow to Philadelphia was delayed three hours and twenty minutes on May 5, 2018 due to a fuel leak discovered during a preflight check. Because of this delay I missed my connection to Providence. I filed a claim with BA for the $300 x 2, reimbursement dictated by EU law. BA's response was "I understand from your email that your flight to Philadelphia was delayed which resulted in a missed connection flight to Rhode Island. I've looked into your flight and your claim’s been refused because BA0067 on 05 May was delayed due to the aircraft being damaged by conditions out of our control. Under EU legislation, I’m afraid we’re not liable for a compensation payment in this situation. The aircraft you were due to travel on was damaged by a BIRD STRIKE and needed immediate repair. This also meant extra time was needed to refuel the aircraft. I’m afraid this was out of our control and caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule."

In my reply, I asked BA how this could be possible when the plane never pushed back from the gate. BA's next reply was "Our Operations team investigate the reason for every flight delay and this tells us what went wrong. I’ve had a look at the information we have about your flight and it was delayed because of a fuel leak and spillage. This fault was a result of ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS. We always want to maintain a stable operation and we’ll only delay an aircraft if we really have to, particularly as it affects our customers and their plans."

In my next reply to BA I told them a simple historical check of the weather on that day showed 13+ hours of sun, 8 knots of wind and a 20c day. No weather complications instead it was a perfect day! Their next and final reply was "As previously mentioned, I understand you're unhappy with our resolution however, I can assure you our flight records are accurate. Our Operations team investigate the reasons and causes for delays and on this occasion your flight was delayed for 189 minutes and 20 minutes of this was due to AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, which is outside of the EU regulations. As this then takes you under 180 payable minutes, we have to deny EU compensation. I realise this isn't the answer you were hoping for and I apologise.”

“I’m afraid our decision hasn't changed and the responses you’ve received about the eligibility of your EU compensation claim are correct. As mentioned above, we’re unable to offer you any compensation. I know this isn’t the answer you were hoping for and I’m sorry to let you down.” “Given the information we hold about your delayed flight, our answer won't change and we’re unable to respond to any further requests for compensation."

It appears BA just keeps making up excuses until they find one that isn't easy to verify and offer no proof even when requested. The first two responses I was able to verify were untrue, our flight arrived within a minute of the time the captain announced we'd arrive when he addressed the passengers on takeoff. There was no delay. I always gave BA as my favorite airline to fly when asked by friends but now along with all the others who are voicing their frustrations here I will not fly BA again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On May 16, 2018, I had to return to California for a medical emergency, requiring an immediate change in flight arrangements. We were informed of the ticket up charges and BA charged the credit card as expected. All of our transactions were handled electronically and we were expecting an email from BA showing the breakdown of charges, which did not occur.

After calling the BA Customer Service Department three times and being on hold for a total of 42 minutes, as requested, we filled out the receipt request form with all of our details. BA accepted the electronically submitted information that the receipt would be forthcoming within 28 DAYS!!! I called them once more two days ago and was told by a "supervisor" that it would be dealt with immediately, yet I just received an email confirming the information I submitted over a week ago, but NO RECEIPT!!! This is not an acceptable business practice. Due to the same circumstances, we changed our LHR-LAX flight on United and the invoice was sent within 5 minutes, which is the kind of service we are used to seeing. We will never travel BA again!

Original review: May 15, 2018

We have booked flights to Dubai for our surprised parents. We four daughters organized surprise trip for their birthdays and anniversary. But after booking British Airways with Expedia, went into book special meal for us as Jain meal, which my family had before with this airline. But could not find it, so rang them to book this and they said they did not do Jain meal anymore. So I said ok book Asian vegetarian meal without onion and garlic but said they cannot do that. Sent email to customer relations to complain as we had already paid for the flights. After going back and forward with emails, we decided to phone and with hold on the line for over 30 mins, she said she cannot help. She said to take our own food on the flight. What a customer service.

After speaking to her for good 20 mins she was adamant not to help. I mentioned this is very special trip. But she did not care. I asked for compensation and she said NO. Asked for upgrade request subject to availability at check in for our parents and guess what NO. Will never ever travel with British Airways. Other airlines who does not have big names have special meals organized. British Airways is suppose to be our national airline. Hahaha.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This was a terrible experience as BA sold our seats twice and their staff were rude when they told us we were unlikely to be able to fly on our scheduled flight despite having paid for seats and been at the airport 3 hours ahead of time. Eventually they got lucky as other people did not arrive and we got on the flight at the last moment - we asked about bags and were reassured that they would be fine and they would rush them through. We arrived in Venice to no luggage and no BA representation and wasted hours filling in missing luggage forms with locals at the airport. The luggage arrived about 36 hours later. We complained and the whole BA team basically could not care less and offered us 50 euros for going without luggage for the best part of two days. I am very sad to say that I will never fly with BA again and am ashamed of them as our national flag carriers.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I booked a flight/hotel to London through Expedia back in December. When I went to check-in through the BA app, they offered an upgrade to a seat with more leg room for $275.00. When I got home I checked my bank statement and they charged me $3034.06! I called British Airways customer service and after putting me on hold for 10 minutes they came back and said the $275.00 was for the trip to London and the balance ($2759.06) was for the return trip due to higher demand. They said there was nothing they could do about it since I had agreed to pay the amount on the app. I said I never would agree to pay more than the price of the trip itself for 10" of legroom. I can't even believe I have to fight this now. Such a scam!! My mission in life will be to make sure as many people know about this and don't use them for international flights.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I want to share with you my recent experience with BA. I booked for my wife and son to travel out from London to Dubai for Easter on BA, and had booked business class seats as a treat. Upon check in, they were informed that the flight had been overbooked and they were being downgraded. They refused on the basis that we had paid business class and therefore wanted to travel in Business Class, BA then gave us the option to downgrade or apply for a refund. We decided to cancel the flight that evening due to all the commotion and would apply for a refund, as suggested by the airline. The following day we wrote to the airline asking for a refund, and was informed that since we had been offered an alternative in economy, we were not entitled to a refund. this despite paying nearly GBP 4,000 for the tickets.

We were given wrong information throughout, including applying for a refund, we were lied to repeatedly by staff and were not given what we had purchased. My treat for my family ended up with them being a disaster, which the airline now refusing to offer any type of refund, and an email, wiping their hands of any responsibility. I am now left GBP 4000 out of pocket and having to take legal action against BA. Please other passengers, as a word of warning, do not take this airline at its word for anything. We were treated appallingly and lied to, I will never travel with BA again and urge other to be very, very careful when dealing with it. It's now being handed over to our lawyers.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I must say that British Airways is really one of the worst company ever! I decided to book there thinking that it would be better or safer than booking through Expedia or other 3rd parties, if ever a problem arises. But here is what happened to me: I booked a flight from Mauritius to San Diego on ba.com and received e-ticket. I could not access Manage my Booking few minutes after booking. It is giving me error message asking to try again after 24 hours. I wanted to modify the flight and land in Los Angeles instead but could still not access Manage my booking to change or cancel the booking.

I contacted the local BA contact centre. They cannot do anything and said I have to cancel it online. I still cannot access Manage my Booking to cancel it. I sent a message online to BA Executive club to explain the situation. They can't do a thing. I contacted local BA contact centre again. They asked me to write them an email and they will forward it to concerned BA department. I made a request online to cancel and claim full refund. Still no reply. All of the above was made within 24 hours where I could still cancel and claim full refund.

I sent a message email to BA to explaining the situation. They said they can't do anything and asked me to contact Executive Club (which already said they can't help). I contacted customer relations but they can't do anything. I finally understood that these contacts/message centres are just scams. They can never help in anything. They have the same answer (maybe automatic?) every time which are signed by people who apparently don't exist (with only first name) :

I'm so sorry you've been disappointed with the service received from the British Airways office you spoke to. However, regrettably we can't help with your request as we're unable to make flight changes via email, nor do we have access to some of the systems used in our contact centres. Additionally, we're not in a position to be able to override any previous decisions made by that office. I know that you didn't have a positive experience before, but to continue with your request we must ask you to contact our Customer Support team again to discuss how unhappy you are. In case you need it again, their number can be found at: http://www.ba.com/contact. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. I apologise I couldn’t be of much help to you.

Today, the local contact centre informed me that I have to call BA directly to cancel as apparently my local contact centre can't be intermediate. I suppose that if I cancel today, they will charge me fully as the 24 hour free-cancellation has lapsed. All I can say is that this company is making a fool out of their customers and are only money-minded. Their customer service is no way better than 3rd parties.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My round trip Atlanta-Mumbai over the past 8 days was without doubt the most expensive but least satisfying of my 74 round trip transatlantic journeys in recent years. The Business Class cubbies are a clever design but are so jammed together to make comfort impossible --- not worth the extra cost. Economy comfort next time, only on a different airline. The food ranged from barely edible to inedible --- pack sandwiches next time! And then there's the giant shopping center known as Heathrow. I could write a book (a horror novel) about my experiences in that malfunction junction. I've put LHR and BA on my no-fly list for the foreseeable future.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Missed flight due to roadworks, so called 'help desk' no help at all, just couldn't be bothered, just told us to go and find someone else online, which we did with Easyjet, excellent staff who couldn't be more helpful. Only reply from customer services, was the normal generic answer, sorry you were unhappy but hope you will still use us blar blar blar. What has happened to the 'world's greatest airline'. Total rubbish.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My flight BA676 was delayed from London to Istanbul and mentioned that to flight attend in the plane, that because of flight delay I missed my connecting flight from Istanbul to Cyprus, he said that he will ask his manager about my problem. He came and said that the British Airline is responsible for your loss but we can't do anything, you have to contact our ground staff.

At Istanbul Airport, I explained my problem to the guy on counter who was working for British Airlines. He was not listening my problem playing in his phone. At last he said to his coworker in Turkish language, "Play with guy for a while and sent him somewhere". He used very vulgar language. He don't know that I can understand Turkish language. When I start talking to him in Turkish he get worse and the British Airways didn't helped me at all. I missed my connecting flight and because of Valentine's night I could buy another ticket in next flight. At last I bought my ticket from Istanbul to Cyprus on 800 TL which is the most expensive ticket. I am not that much upset about money but the dealing of the staff in Istanbul Airport was the most upsetting and discouraging. Anyone could help me how, and to whom I can complain about that person who was representing British Airways at Istanbul Airport.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

The lack of seriousness and the bad service of British Airways for its customers is disappointing. My wife and I have been victims of the disorganization of the British Airways company since we had a confirmed flight BA # 104 from Dubai to London on January 27 at 2:00 pm, a few weeks after buying the tickets they send us an email electronic where they change the flight schedule for 10:05 am which we confirm with assigned seats 22A and 22B with the airline.

A few days before starting our vacation, we are asked to review the itinerary and discover that the flight mentioned did not appear on the itinerary, we call immediately to see what happened and they tell us that the plane is under repair and that there is no flight, after request help and solution to the serious problem for 4 hours on the phone with a representative of British Airways and a representative of Capital One Travel Services and making them realize that they affected all our vacations since we have payments for tours, hotels and trains to Brussels, Bruges and Zurich. They managed to give us a flight for January 28 at 2:25 am Dubai to London.

With all this mess on the part of British Airways we lost a hotel reservation for January 27 in London, and a business appointment with an investor, but they were totally indifferent to what they caused, they did not care about the bad service provided nor the damages caused. We are sure that we will never use this airline again and we will let everyone we can and in our social networks know about the poor service provided to the consumer.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

My sister, Ann ** was flying from Athens to Heathrow to JFK on December 11th, 2017 on British Airways Flight 631. She was advised that they cancelled this flight and rebooked her on Alitalia. I called customer service and after waiting for 45 minutes I spoke to Ms. **, who was extremely unhelpful. She asked me for routing number which I didn't have because my sister was at the airport in Athens. Said she could only speak to my sister, which she couldn't do because she was flying.

When booking the flight, I gave them all the contact info. What I wanted to know was what flight they put my sister on so that I could meet her. Ms. ** said she would try to find out. After waiting for 20 minutes, she advised me that she couldn't find her on any flight. I can't believe that when you cancel a flight, you don't have records advising contacts what flight the passenger is on. I asked to speak to a supervisor and she advised me that she is a supervisor. What a disgrace!!!! I am concerned about my sister's travel itinerary because she is a cancer patient and I want to be at the airport to meet her. PLEASE HELP. Thank you.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2017

NEVER fly British Airways. I was traveling for business on a tight schedule and missed a flight (and important meeting) because of a malfunction with THEIR software and personnel staffing. The BA check-in app was not working for more than 24 hours so I had to manually check-in at the airport. I arrived with plenty of time but there was a huge line (because of the app malfunction) and ultimately they closed the gate before multiple passengers were able to board. Not only did I therefore miss my meeting, but they forced ME to pay an enormous change fee that was MORE than the original cost of the ticket!!! Shocking and something I've never experienced on any other airline.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

I would not want to fly British Airways again. For one thing the seats are way too tight in economy and not enough leg room. The food is not good nor is there a good selection. I was on a nonstop from LAX to London and they gave us the main meal about an hour into the flight and junk halfway during the flight and a hot pocket type pizza an hour or so before landing. Yuck!! I saw people going up to the cabin steward's area wanting something to eat including me. All I can say is junk food! The snack included potato chips, they call crisps, stale popcorn and a candy bar. How about a sandwich for God's sake? Something healthier than junk??? And that hot pocket pizza gave me heartburn.

To be stuck on a flight that long with junk food, it's horrible. And there was no other choice. No food for purchase. I would have gladly paid for a good sandwich that other airlines offer for a price. Now, New Zealand I've flown and they have an awesome menu and they also have more leg room and more amenities in economy. I will try and book with them next overseas flight until British Airways improve their passenger comforts.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2017

I have flown BA many times to the UK to visit my daughter and her family. They have always shown exemplary customer service. I don't know if I would fly another airline across the Atlantic.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We bought 3 airplane tickets to Thailand from a company from Romania and the tickets were issued by BA. After a couple of weeks we got a message that one of our flights was canceled, BA6195. We had two options after that, either we rebook for other flights (those flights were with very long stops in between so we couldn't accept them) or to get a refund. We asked for a refund, so they said that we will get an answer from BA in 4 weeks. After 8 weeks we got the message that BA has denied the refund and we want to understand why? On the website it said clear that if a flight is canceled we do have the option to get a full refund. Also, for the booking reference: ** it said that we have rebooked our flight which we DID NOT.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I booked 2 seats Toronto to London in Aug for travel in Nov. One of my daughters has a severe cashew nut allergy. Another family member who arrived from London to Toronto 3 days after I made my reservation advised me that the in flight meal was a chicken curry of sorts with whole cashew nuts. Since my daughter has a very strong reaction to vapors from any meal containing cashews, I called BA and asked for a refund or a credit or a voucher for one of the 2 tickets. This was 3 months before the departure date. At first they carried on about peanut allergies. Which meant they did not read or understand my concern.

Then I was told full penalties and BA fees apply which total 650+CAD and that BA does not consider vapors from food a risk to people with allergies, and hot in flight meals with tree nuts will continue to be served. I have since sent them several emails and information about allergic reactions to steam and vapor from nut containing foods but they have simply responded over and over again telling me a full refund cannot be given, and the penalties cannot be reduced as it wouldn't be fair to other passengers.

I have booked a flight with AC and stand to lose more than 600 dollars on my BA flight. The most troubling thing is that BA does not seem to care that a child or anyone else could have a life threatening or fatal reaction 1000s of feet up in the air, saying the passenger should carry an **. That will not save a life on a 7+ hour flight, as the person needs to be taken to a hospital asap. I am unable to reach anyone other than the same customer service department which may be located in India.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

In June 2017 I flew British Airways on a long haul flight to South Africa, my purchased seat was in coach. However during check in I decided to purchase a better seat with more legroom, or at least that what was represented on the plane seat diagram from BA. When I got on the flight they had a different seat configuration and my seat was just like any other coach seat. I brought this to the attention of the flight attendant and they agreed that this happens all the time and not sure why BA has not changed the seat diagram for the flight. The attendant assured me that I would be refunded but when I got off the plane and when I wrote BA to make my claim to BA said that they would not refund me and that the seat I purchased is the one that I actually got. I tried to fight this with my credit card company to no success so I decided to write this review and warn other travelers. I basically spend $230 for the two of use for absolutely nothing.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

When arrived at Heathrow from Istanbul I left some gifts on the plane. I let the staff know and they told me to go and collect it from the collection desk once went through the passport control. On the collection desk I could see my bag behind the office and the guy after see what on the bag keep saying the bag did arrived. After lots of attempts from me to get my gifts back which were 2 small bottle of very expensive Turkish wine, collection desk guy said that my wine got lost and nothing he could do to come back the next day even if they were there behind him. I call and made complaints but no one actually did anything and the guy kept my wine for himself. They do know what they can get away with and they use it for their our advantage and keep customer's belonging if they want to. Not a nice experience and very disappointed that they can steal what they want with no consequences.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I bought British Airways ticket for my family to Texas. While purchasing the ticket the British Airways attendant who sold the ticket stated that my daughter's ticket will be changed to infant and on seat for the return trip. She gave us a number to call prior to our return so they can ensure it is done. My wife gave birth and we called the number severally, the customer care directed us to American Airline, we called American Airline, the representative said we should speak to British Airways. Then my wife called British Airway helpline again. When nothing was done she went to El Paso Airport but no British Airways customer care office. So she kept on calling British Airways helplines (US and UK). I went to the Lagos Airport office and they said they cannot get it done, that I should call a number. I wasted my airtime. When I got angry they fixed it and gave me another ticket for my daughter.

Unknown that this was just the beginning of poor customer service. My wife called the US office to book our newborn on her ticket so she can fly, after several delays they did and told her to call back in 48 hrs. She called back and they posted her to call back again, she called back the following day and same thing happened but she insisted that they must tell her the fare price for the newborn so she can pay before the travel date. After the struggle the customer representative gave her a fair price and said she has to go to Dallas airport to pay, that they do not accept payment online or via phone call. So British Airways expects my wife and newborn to travel 11 hrs on road from El Paso to Dallas just to pay?

I tried paying from Lagos, they did not accept. I called all British Airways helpline. I got but same story, until I argued on phone with one of their customer representative, who then went to the manager to find a solution and said that he will make another booking and give me a fair price but I will pay in Naira at any GTBank. He did it and I immediately went to a GTBank to pay. I got the ticket in 24 hrs and forwarded the mail to my wife. On getting to the airport, the attendant said she cannot find any of our flight details on their system and delayed my family till they missed their flight. Now British Airways say we should pay $2500. Who does this?

British Airways Company Information