1.09/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

325 British Airways Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

For May 2018 I booked a return flight to Mahon, Menorca. Found and reserved accommodation and hire car. BA rescheduled the flight out meaning the loss of 1 days holiday. I rebooked and moved the return flight one day later. Villa owner was understanding enough to moved the booked accommodation to suit. Car hire company charged extra for the reschedule. So far so pretty bad. BA then altered the outbound flight time THREE TIMES! and the inbound flight time twice. I tolerated this and otherwise travel and holiday was OK. Then I did a really stupid thing. I booked BA again for May 2019 with accommodation and hire car again. BA cancelled the flight.

The call centre in sunny India apologized every six seconds of the conversation and suggested an alternative airport nearby. Palma Mallorca. It was not possible to explain to the handler that Palma is on a different Island. I cancelled the booking but was told that my refund would take 7-10 days. I'm not in the business of lending money to BA. I was able to rebook with EASYJET, seemingly the only UK airline that flies regularly to Menorca, getting reserved seats in an exit aisle for half of what BA charge for ** all leg room. I paid for luggage and found that I had saved £370 smackers on the deal. Result!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I paid for Premium Economy on flight from London to Seattle. When I got on the plane the footrest was broken and would not go under the seat, creating a safety issue. The attendant could not get it to work either and if there had been an emergency, it would have been impossible to get out. I complained to BA when I got home and it took them a long time to even respond, which was just an apology. After complaining again, they gave me some miles, which I will probably never use as I would not fly them again. Since this was a safety issue, I feel they should have upgraded me to Business class or First Class, which they did not do. I will never fly BA again. Bad service and bad customer service.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I flew on British Airways to and from Rome at the beginning of October. A British Airways agent told me upon check-in that I could not have any carry on since the flight was full and overbooked. I told her I had medications and other necessities in my carry on I needed to keep with me. She replied that if I did not check my carry on with her, my luggage would not be given "priority" status and that I would have to take my chances at the gate. She convinced me I would have to surrender my carry on before boarding the flight. I had never flown with BA before, so I took her at her word. When I arrived at the gate, no one was checking carry on items and I found out the flight was not overbook and had empty seats. I complained to the gate agent but nothing was done.

It was raining in Rome and we remained on the tarmac for over 2 hours. Then we reached London Heathrow and remained parked for over an hour because there was another aircraft parked at our gate. BA did not even offer a bottle of water, rather you had to buy it. When I asked the flight attendant she said she could offer me "tap water". This is SO unacceptable. I missed my connection back to the US because of all this trouble and had to spend the night in London. However, I did not have my carry on because the agent told me I had to check it. So I did not have my medications or other essentials I needed to stay the extra day. When I picked up my luggage at LAX, BA had damaged my suitcase which they have yet to take responsibility for. The zipper pull fell off and it is $30 to repair. They won't even cover this. When I fly I have many choices. British Air will not be one of my choices any longer. THEY DON'T DESERVE MY BUSINESS.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Unclear baggage policies and terrible customer service: BRITISH Airways now rates as a scheming dishonest budget airline to me. Booked a direct flight on the BA website for over £1000 to Cape Town from London. Checked via Skyscanner which said 1 checked luggage included and 2 cabin pieces. I have a screenshot of this. When I booked and got confirmation, it looked like return flight didn't include checked luggage so tried to call but because of data breaches an automated message said to log non-urgent complaints on the website. I got a response that didn't help so tried calling a few times to no avail and even logged another online query.

Every time I got an agent in got redirected to the automated message asking for online complaints. Eventually today got a hold of an agent who said I should have called within 24 hrs so they're not going to adjust anything and didn't want to give me much details to escalate the complaint except to BA support again and didn't want to provide ombudsman info. I'm held hostage now as I'm forced to pay an extra £40 for bags. Having already paid over £1000, it's not the money but the principle that I was upset over. Feel cheated.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

This is the 2nd time that I've booked (and paid for) a Premium Economy window seat, which is prime real estate property on a flight. Again, they changed the carrier and put me automatically in an aisle seat. This is the 21st century! They could use an algorithm whereby those that have windows seats reserved are put on a window seat on the new carrier. Or they could send an email to us saying that they have changed carriers and have reassigned seats, so we have an opportunity to rebook a window seat. Otherwise, you need to check your seat every couple of days to make sure BA hasn't changed it. I swore I wouldn't fly BA anymore after the first incident. But somehow I forget and now face the same situation again. This time I won't forget. Nevermore!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

Having decided to only compete with poor American based Airlines my old favourite airline (from many years back) is just cramming seats in and offering the minimum service, rather like those main American based airlines. This may be OK on the transatlantic routes but isn't any good on almost anywhere East or South of the UK where the competitors offer so much more at no real premium on BA. The competitor's Economy is so close to Premium Economy on BA - OK, I do know they choose to call it something else. My most recent flights were on a 787 in Business class and it just doesn't get anywhere near any of the middle east airlines and Qantas, Air New Zealand, Singapore or any of that very competitive group. To top it all off I have just been told that they have kindly shared my credit card details on more than one occasion with some hackers on their website.

Come on British Airways, you need to improve not cut the service back, try to compete with the airlines that will otherwise continue to hurt your pockets as passengers vote with their feet. Just look at the market you've lost in the last twenty years. I used to be proud to say I fly with BA, but nowadays I only do it if you are the only airline flying to my destination and even then I no longer enjoy it. Added to the review of the 787 business flight, come on Boeing sort those windows out, my 12-hour flight was all daylight and I had the sun shining through the fully darkened window, the solution was simple I suppose. Just shove a cushion in the window. But that design flaw has been around a while now. I know some airlines have requested normal blinds and would fully encourage you to do that. Not an issue on nighttime flights I know but there are plenty of flights that are daytime all the way and so long you need sleep.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

My husband & I missed our flight to Moscow because the plane left one hour late from Chicago, did not land at the terminal so had to wait for buses. No one from the airline around to help guide us in Terminal 2. Our flight number was not on the departure board. A person at information told us to go to Terminal C. The correct answer was Terminal B but there is no quick way to backtrack since the Terminals are for departing passengers only. BA escalator not working. Once we got to gate, the door had closed & they refused to let us on but they held the plane to look for our luggage.

Original agent said it was our fault for missing the plane & our itinerary would be cancelled & we would need to buy a new ticket. Agent's manager did not cancel our ticket but required us to pay $250.00 U.S. dollars each for missing the flight & rebooking. Airline said we should be grateful they didn't cancel our ticket and no apology. Wrote customer service at least three to four times with same answer.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

Worst airline I've ever flown with. Never again... outward flight I became ill after eating their food and had to be given something to take on the plane but at least the staff was friendly and helpful on that flight. The flight home however was the worst flight I have ever been on. The hostesses on the plane were absolutely vile. Dishonest, abusive, patronising & passive aggressive to the point I got my phone out to film them for my own safety to which the leader tried to tell me it was illegal for me to record. Never will use this airline again. I've flown a lot of different airlines as I have travelled a lot. This was a absolute disgrace.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

My wife and I booked our 10th anniversary trip from Calgary to Rome return, with British Airways, Sept 17-27. This was my first trip in Europe, and we spent almost $8500 CAD on first class tickets. The flight Calgary to London (stopover) was ok. I got a bottle of water, and then nobody came to the pod I was in for the next 8 hours. One would have expected more from first class, maybe another bottle of water? They asked me to fill out what I would like for breakfast on a card. I filled it out but no breakfast or even coffee came.

The vacation itself was great. On the day of the return flight, our Trenitalia train broke down in Naples, and we were 80 mins late. My wife tried dozens of times to phone British Airways but none of their phone numbers posted on the website were working; most of the calls were just dropped and some were out of service. We tried the numbers from our tickets, their website, their help desk, Facebook page, Google etc. We tried at least 5 different phone numbers a half dozen times each over the 90 mins, and could not get through. My wife managed to check herself in online, but could not check me in. There was a glitch on the computer saying they needed my passport to check in, once my wife pressed my name, the passport information was already on the form and said form is complete. It was a computer glitch we couldn't get around.

There were also other train delays, road construction, etc. Ultimately we arrived at the Rome airport 5 mins too late for me to check in. My wife was ok and could go through but I could not. We asked the 3 ladies at the British Airways desk for help, and they simply shrugged and said they couldn't help us. Apparently, they said it would have been different if we called before, and we showed them her phone with all the calls we made. They then told us it was a ticket kiosk only and they couldn't reschedule us. They gave us another number to call.

My wife at this point was near tears. I am visually impaired and had eye surgery just 2 weeks prior, so I was not allowed to carry over 5 lbs. She was managing all the luggage, the ticketing etc and after 10 hours of delays she was very stressed. The attitude of these ladies certainly did not help in any way. The new secret customer service phone number we were given did work, and my wife was on the phone with Customer Service for over an hour. After reviewing the details with several teams of specialists, we were told basically that they didn't believe us that we tried to call, they were not interested in us sending screenshots of us trying to call.

Nothing could be done for us, and they could only rebook us for $8800. No apologies whatsoever were given, nor the slightest help or accommodation for us being stranded in Rome. We eventually made it home on different airlines but I have lost all respect and trust for British Airways. Like any corporation they are only interested in taking your money while making minimal effort to customer support.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

We submitted 2 complaints to BA regarding this incident and waited 7 weeks to hear back from BA customer service before posting this. Up until this date, no follow up from BA except acknowledge that complaint was received and someone will follow up shortly. BA had 1 hour connection, poor management to get people on connecting flight. Upon arrival, we had to wait for 20-25 minutes for a bus. Pilots announced 2 or 3 times about status of only bus provided by the airport to unload passengers. We were on the last run. From my past experience, crew would announce passengers with the short connection first to make sure people are able to make to their next flight.

Upon disembarkation, airport associate at the terminal gave to some including our group of 5 people bright orange labels for express connection and sent us through security check who could care less about those labels sending us back to the end of the line to wait for our turn. To make matter worse, 3 people from the group made through security check, while the other 2 had to wait while security associate got in altercation with Spanish speaking passenger and the entire queue of people had to wait. At the end, 2 people out 5 in the group were late to the boarding terminal. Escorting people and getting them checked in the priority line would be more helpful.

To make matter worse, Harved (or Hardev) **, Customer Operational Manager at C54 gate, instead of putting both parents on the same flight with the kid (who was boarded 10-15 min earlier as were) told us that gate is closed and it is impossible to board us and after realizing that there is a kid on the plane, decided to take the kid off the plane (to keep family together) and held plane for over an hour while looking for luggage for all three people. We failed to see logic behind it and tried to address it.

To add misery to our experience, he made a note (we realized it later when booked next flight) to charge us for a ticket blaming us for holding a plane when he decided to take passenger and bags off the flight instead of letting us on the plane. Instead of diffusing situation, while making financially sound decision for the company, OM cost longer delay and 3 stranded passengers had to be on the standby for the next available flight. We wanted to address this issue to next level management but were told by Mr. ** that "I am the top manager and there is no one above me".

BA associates, who were told to book us on the next flight, after OM left, told us to go to customer service desk and book it there. Then, they just left us at the gate and walked away mentioning that "their job is over and they are done for the shift". I guess, what should we expect from them if their superior just gave an example how to treat customers. All in all, very unfortunate situation for us and irreversible impression of BA imprinted in our hearts for many years to come. We used BA service years ago and had nothing but good memories of our past flight and this current flight was chosen based on the past experience.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Traveled on business class. Airline misplaced baggage. American Air confirmed baggage delivered to BA but BA misplaced the bag on 8/31. BA informed me that the bag was found on 9/7 and will be shipped and delivered within 48 hours but that never happened. 12 days have passed and the crappy airlines cannot commit to delivering the bag. They are just a bunch of incompetent people that are retaliating and harassing me since I escalated the matter. Their customer relations team lies as well. Unreliable and lying bunch because they tell you one thing and do the totally opposite. Ruined my mother’s birthday since her gift is in the misplaced baggage. No one cares and that includes their CEO + exec team.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

My daughters and I booked a direct flight on British Airways from San Francisco to Heathrow as we were going on a 14 day tour. Upon arrival at Heathrow my daughters' bags were on the carousel but mine was not. The BA luggage agent assured me that based on "scanning" history of my bag, it must be somewhere in the airport but was not placed on the carousel and I should expect it to be delivered to me within 24 to 48 hours. Since I was on a tour moving daily or every other day, I provided 3 days of lodging information as well as my contact phone number.

I had to initiate a call to them every day as they did not respond to me and they continually promised to deliver it but never did. Every time I called I started at the beginning of my story (they obviously do not keep any records in their system even though I was provided with a claim number) and provided daily updates of where I would be. MY LUGGAGE WAS NEVER DELIVERED, BUT THEY DID FIND IT 2 DAYS LATER AND SENT IT BACK TO MY AIRPORT OF ORIGIN AFTER 8 DAYS. Now I am trying to submit receipts for a few items I purchased for reimbursement at their direction and am having to jump through hoops without any satisfaction. Of course, they will not consider reimbursement for the $70.00 in cell phone charges I incurred by having to call them daily and be on hold for several minutes.

It has now been nearly 2 months and I am still being asked to complete forms online to submit repeatedly. I think their strategy is to annoy and procrastinate to the point where I will give up. BEWARE OF THIS INCOMPETENT AND UNCOOPERATIVE AIRLINE - I WILL NEVER FLY WITH BRITISH AIRWAYS AGAIN regardless of their more affordable fares!!!

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

My husband and I recently returned to the US on two connecting flights on British Airways through Heathrow. Before we left for the trip, we were told by BA that we would need to purchase seats if we wanted to sit together. I had never heard of this before, but we paid 128 euros and chose our seats online. I did some research to make sure the seats would be comfortable, as we are both tall and I had recently had a hip replacement. First leg: we were told we could not have the seats we paid for and were given random seats.

The usual obscure excuse from BA. For a 3.5 hour flight we figured we could deal with it. Second leg: after rushing through hurdles, busses, trains and security AGAIN in Heathrow after deplaning within the terminal, we were bounced again. My seat had a metal box where my left leg would normally go in front of me. Not ideal for a left hip replacement. A full flight so. No hope there. 6 and 1/2 hours later we limped off and we're happy to leave BA behind. I attempted to contact customer service to ask for a refund, as I did not get the seats I had paid for. Nobody does excuses better than the British. They apologized that I did not have a good flight and hoped I would have a better experience the next time I flew British Airways. That will not happen.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2018

We are a family of four. We missed our flight today from London to New York, our fault. When we informed BA they said there was nothing they could do, that is not the problem. They cancelled our return flight which is in two weeks. After speaking with a representative and being placed on hold for over half an hour, in total, we were told this was their policy. We paid for the flight. It is in two weeks time, however, we can't use this ticket. How is this legal? How they keep our money and not let us use the tickets. BA are thieves. Just adding insult to injury, BA wanted $5,000 extra to change our flights and issue new tickets. That doesn't include the $ 3,000 we paid initially. They were recharging us for the flight in two weeks that we already paid for but BA won't let us take. This can't be legal. They have no loss for the returning flight. How can they stop us from using it, we paid for it.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

My family was flying to Italy for a wedding traveling from JFK to Heathrow to Rome. Our flight was delayed arriving to JFK causing us to not be able to make the connection in London. After being at the ticket counter for 90 minutes (mostly waiting for return phone calls regarding inquiries made by the reps), they asked if we would be willing to travel Air France through Paris. We agreed, trying to be flexible, to run over to Air France to pick up our boarding passes. We arrived at the ticket desk at Air France's terminal only to find out that there were no boarding passes for us.

Unfortunately, and unknown to us, we were placed on standby (there were 12 of us with 5 children, so there is no way we would have agreed to fly standby!). We ended up scattered across two flights and Air France was able to offer incentives to other passengers to allow my kids to sit with my wife. I have tried for three weeks to contact BA regarding this issue via their website, various phone numbers, and direct emails with no response. There were also issues on the return flight (rebooked and delayed again) and one of our bags were lost in each direction (neither have been located).

Original review: July 20, 2018

My partner and I were traveling to Glasgow for a family wedding. Unfortunately, when we arrived at Heathrow Airport at 7.10 am, the cue for customs was excessive. It appeared there would have been 1000-2000 people waiting to be processed at the time. Unfortunately, I was not with a customs representative until 8.45 pm and we did not have sufficient time to change terminals to arrive prior to closing of check-in. When we arrived at Terminal 5, we spoke with a customer service representative at the reservations and inquiries desk for British Airways. We were informed the next available flight would be the following morning, at a cost of 340 pounds each! My partner and I paid 215 GBP return initially. We opted to catch a taxi (101.9 GBP) and stay at a hotel near London Euston (79 GBP), and we booked a train with Virgin Trains (140 GBP) to Glasgow the following morning.

We were scheduled to depart from Glasgow Airport on 12 July 2018. I received an email from British Airways on 11 July 2018 advising we could check-in online for our flight. When we arrived to check-in, the customer service representative indicated they could not find our reservation. I provided her with my smartphone with the online check-in email displayed. She then informed us British Airways had canceled our return flight as we were "no-shows" for the original flight. The customer service representative stated they had overbooked our flight anyhow, and the next available flight would cost 240 GPB each and departed at 12.20 pm. We were then directed to the reservations and inquiries desk at Glasgow Airport.

We requested to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor stated this is in their terms and conditions and it is applicable for all airlines. The supervisor could not explain why I received an email to check in online. When we explained our experience at Heathrow Airport, she stated "I can only apologize for the staff at Heathrow Airport for not informing you." She then proceeded to tell us Heathrow Airport should have advised us the flight would be canceled and we would have to pay a fee to keep our return reservation open. We received no notification our flight was canceled. We elected once again to catch a train (283GBP) each to London, as we had a flight booked to return to Australia the following day.

A note to everyone - make sure you review the terms and conditions of this airline. In the modern age, this appears to be such an outdated policy! I could not believe if we elected to reschedule our flights with them, it would have cost us an extra 2000 AUD. Customer service was clearly poor and lack of communication caused us additional travel delays and expenses. Would definitely not choose to fly this airline again.

Original review: July 15, 2018

I was traveling NY JFK to Paris CDG via London LHR. Going to Paris was ok. Coming back in Paris at the gate supervisor said, "Your bag is big. You to pay 75.00 euro." I ask her why. I am traveling with this bag several time. No airline stop me. She said, "You going to miss flight." I have $40.00 in my pocket. So I have to throw the bag on airport. Very bad experience with British Airways. I lost over $350.00 my stuff.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The website informed me that I need to phone the call center to change my flight. I have been on hold for 28 minutes and counting on the local number and for 15 minutes to the UK "gold member" number. They both go to the same call center and both remain unanswered. As a Gold member in South Africa I dialed the number on the card only to find the number is not in use. If this is how they treat "Gold Members" it does not feel like service. Still on hold to both local South African and UK call centers, hearing "a member of staff will be with me as soon as possible" about to hang up in desperation...

Original review: July 9, 2018

Due to my 13 year old daughter's stomach pain wanted to tell the boarding agent while boarding, whether we can check with paramedic before taking the plane. The boarding agent called the British airways med line and based on their response remotely without even seeing my daughter, mentioned that my daughter cannot fly and rest of the family can fly. It is not a normal scenario to drop your daughter who is only 13 years old in a foreign airport and you can fly with rest of the family members to home, I asked whether I can be provided with alternate tickets for another plane. It was refused as my original booking was from Expedia and I have to talk to them. I asked whether they can provide a notes or letter that says why my travel is cancelled by British Airways. For that the agent and supervisor responded that the itinerary notes are updated with what happened at the airport and British Airways system has that information.

Also refused to print any records for evidence for cancellation. And I had to rebook another flight the same day to travel which cost additional 4000 dollars. Later I came to USA and for insurance purposes when I called to see what the notes were, I found that the update was "Ticket is cancelled based on customer request". Which is a complete lie. Why would I cancel my return flight going all the way to the airport with all my baggages and family. I am really frustrated/disappointed on the ethics morals of British Airways and its boarding crew. Please ignore British Airways and book some other airlines if you are flying to Chennai. If you cannot afford to cancel the plane, just board the plane even you are sick and it is their headache how they deal the cost and emergency situation, their customer service is so pathetic they won't care what the customer loss is. Dont try to be a good person and lose your time and money.

Original review: June 23, 2018

Mine and my husband’s flight from Heathrow to Philadelphia was delayed three hours and twenty minutes on May 5, 2018 due to a fuel leak discovered during a preflight check. Because of this delay I missed my connection to Providence. I filed a claim with BA for the $300 x 2, reimbursement dictated by EU law. BA's response was "I understand from your email that your flight to Philadelphia was delayed which resulted in a missed connection flight to Rhode Island. I've looked into your flight and your claim’s been refused because BA0067 on 05 May was delayed due to the aircraft being damaged by conditions out of our control. Under EU legislation, I’m afraid we’re not liable for a compensation payment in this situation. The aircraft you were due to travel on was damaged by a BIRD STRIKE and needed immediate repair. This also meant extra time was needed to refuel the aircraft. I’m afraid this was out of our control and caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule."

In my reply, I asked BA how this could be possible when the plane never pushed back from the gate. BA's next reply was "Our Operations team investigate the reason for every flight delay and this tells us what went wrong. I’ve had a look at the information we have about your flight and it was delayed because of a fuel leak and spillage. This fault was a result of ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS. We always want to maintain a stable operation and we’ll only delay an aircraft if we really have to, particularly as it affects our customers and their plans."

In my next reply to BA I told them a simple historical check of the weather on that day showed 13+ hours of sun, 8 knots of wind and a 20c day. No weather complications instead it was a perfect day! Their next and final reply was "As previously mentioned, I understand you're unhappy with our resolution however, I can assure you our flight records are accurate. Our Operations team investigate the reasons and causes for delays and on this occasion your flight was delayed for 189 minutes and 20 minutes of this was due to AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL, which is outside of the EU regulations. As this then takes you under 180 payable minutes, we have to deny EU compensation. I realise this isn't the answer you were hoping for and I apologise.”

“I’m afraid our decision hasn't changed and the responses you’ve received about the eligibility of your EU compensation claim are correct. As mentioned above, we’re unable to offer you any compensation. I know this isn’t the answer you were hoping for and I’m sorry to let you down.” “Given the information we hold about your delayed flight, our answer won't change and we’re unable to respond to any further requests for compensation."

It appears BA just keeps making up excuses until they find one that isn't easy to verify and offer no proof even when requested. The first two responses I was able to verify were untrue, our flight arrived within a minute of the time the captain announced we'd arrive when he addressed the passengers on takeoff. There was no delay. I always gave BA as my favorite airline to fly when asked by friends but now along with all the others who are voicing their frustrations here I will not fly BA again.

Original review: May 24, 2018

On May 16, 2018, I had to return to California for a medical emergency, requiring an immediate change in flight arrangements. We were informed of the ticket up charges and BA charged the credit card as expected. All of our transactions were handled electronically and we were expecting an email from BA showing the breakdown of charges, which did not occur.

After calling the BA Customer Service Department three times and being on hold for a total of 42 minutes, as requested, we filled out the receipt request form with all of our details. BA accepted the electronically submitted information that the receipt would be forthcoming within 28 DAYS!!! I called them once more two days ago and was told by a "supervisor" that it would be dealt with immediately, yet I just received an email confirming the information I submitted over a week ago, but NO RECEIPT!!! This is not an acceptable business practice. Due to the same circumstances, we changed our LHR-LAX flight on United and the invoice was sent within 5 minutes, which is the kind of service we are used to seeing. We will never travel BA again!

Original review: May 15, 2018

We have booked flights to Dubai for our surprised parents. We four daughters organized surprise trip for their birthdays and anniversary. But after booking British Airways with Expedia, went into book special meal for us as Jain meal, which my family had before with this airline. But could not find it, so rang them to book this and they said they did not do Jain meal anymore. So I said ok book Asian vegetarian meal without onion and garlic but said they cannot do that. Sent email to customer relations to complain as we had already paid for the flights. After going back and forward with emails, we decided to phone and with hold on the line for over 30 mins, she said she cannot help. She said to take our own food on the flight. What a customer service.

After speaking to her for good 20 mins she was adamant not to help. I mentioned this is very special trip. But she did not care. I asked for compensation and she said NO. Asked for upgrade request subject to availability at check in for our parents and guess what NO. Will never ever travel with British Airways. Other airlines who does not have big names have special meals organized. British Airways is suppose to be our national airline. Hahaha.

Original review: April 18, 2018

This was a terrible experience as BA sold our seats twice and their staff were rude when they told us we were unlikely to be able to fly on our scheduled flight despite having paid for seats and been at the airport 3 hours ahead of time. Eventually they got lucky as other people did not arrive and we got on the flight at the last moment - we asked about bags and were reassured that they would be fine and they would rush them through. We arrived in Venice to no luggage and no BA representation and wasted hours filling in missing luggage forms with locals at the airport. The luggage arrived about 36 hours later. We complained and the whole BA team basically could not care less and offered us 50 euros for going without luggage for the best part of two days. I am very sad to say that I will never fly with BA again and am ashamed of them as our national flag carriers.

Original review: April 7, 2018

I booked a flight/hotel to London through Expedia back in December. When I went to check-in through the BA app, they offered an upgrade to a seat with more leg room for $275.00. When I got home I checked my bank statement and they charged me $3034.06! I called British Airways customer service and after putting me on hold for 10 minutes they came back and said the $275.00 was for the trip to London and the balance ($2759.06) was for the return trip due to higher demand. They said there was nothing they could do about it since I had agreed to pay the amount on the app. I said I never would agree to pay more than the price of the trip itself for 10" of legroom. I can't even believe I have to fight this now. Such a scam!! My mission in life will be to make sure as many people know about this and don't use them for international flights.

Original review: March 29, 2018

I want to share with you my recent experience with BA. I booked for my wife and son to travel out from London to Dubai for Easter on BA, and had booked business class seats as a treat. Upon check in, they were informed that the flight had been overbooked and they were being downgraded. They refused on the basis that we had paid business class and therefore wanted to travel in Business Class, BA then gave us the option to downgrade or apply for a refund. We decided to cancel the flight that evening due to all the commotion and would apply for a refund, as suggested by the airline. The following day we wrote to the airline asking for a refund, and was informed that since we had been offered an alternative in economy, we were not entitled to a refund. this despite paying nearly GBP 4,000 for the tickets.

We were given wrong information throughout, including applying for a refund, we were lied to repeatedly by staff and were not given what we had purchased. My treat for my family ended up with them being a disaster, which the airline now refusing to offer any type of refund, and an email, wiping their hands of any responsibility. I am now left GBP 4000 out of pocket and having to take legal action against BA. Please other passengers, as a word of warning, do not take this airline at its word for anything. We were treated appallingly and lied to, I will never travel with BA again and urge other to be very, very careful when dealing with it. It's now being handed over to our lawyers.

Original review: March 15, 2018

I must say that British Airways is really one of the worst company ever! I decided to book there thinking that it would be better or safer than booking through Expedia or other 3rd parties, if ever a problem arises. But here is what happened to me: I booked a flight from Mauritius to San Diego on ba.com and received e-ticket. I could not access Manage my Booking few minutes after booking. It is giving me error message asking to try again after 24 hours. I wanted to modify the flight and land in Los Angeles instead but could still not access Manage my booking to change or cancel the booking.

I contacted the local BA contact centre. They cannot do anything and said I have to cancel it online. I still cannot access Manage my Booking to cancel it. I sent a message online to BA Executive club to explain the situation. They can't do a thing. I contacted local BA contact centre again. They asked me to write them an email and they will forward it to concerned BA department. I made a request online to cancel and claim full refund. Still no reply. All of the above was made within 24 hours where I could still cancel and claim full refund.

I sent a message email to BA to explaining the situation. They said they can't do anything and asked me to contact Executive Club (which already said they can't help). I contacted customer relations but they can't do anything. I finally understood that these contacts/message centres are just scams. They can never help in anything. They have the same answer (maybe automatic?) every time which are signed by people who apparently don't exist (with only first name) :

I'm so sorry you've been disappointed with the service received from the British Airways office you spoke to. However, regrettably we can't help with your request as we're unable to make flight changes via email, nor do we have access to some of the systems used in our contact centres. Additionally, we're not in a position to be able to override any previous decisions made by that office. I know that you didn't have a positive experience before, but to continue with your request we must ask you to contact our Customer Support team again to discuss how unhappy you are. In case you need it again, their number can be found at: http://www.ba.com/contact. Please let us know if we can help you with anything else. I apologise I couldn’t be of much help to you.

Today, the local contact centre informed me that I have to call BA directly to cancel as apparently my local contact centre can't be intermediate. I suppose that if I cancel today, they will charge me fully as the 24 hour free-cancellation has lapsed. All I can say is that this company is making a fool out of their customers and are only money-minded. Their customer service is no way better than 3rd parties.

Original review: March 2, 2018

My round trip Atlanta-Mumbai over the past 8 days was without doubt the most expensive but least satisfying of my 74 round trip transatlantic journeys in recent years. The Business Class cubbies are a clever design but are so jammed together to make comfort impossible --- not worth the extra cost. Economy comfort next time, only on a different airline. The food ranged from barely edible to inedible --- pack sandwiches next time! And then there's the giant shopping center known as Heathrow. I could write a book (a horror novel) about my experiences in that malfunction junction. I've put LHR and BA on my no-fly list for the foreseeable future.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

Missed flight due to roadworks, so called 'help desk' no help at all, just couldn't be bothered, just told us to go and find someone else online, which we did with Easyjet, excellent staff who couldn't be more helpful. Only reply from customer services, was the normal generic answer, sorry you were unhappy but hope you will still use us blar blar blar. What has happened to the 'world's greatest airline'. Total rubbish.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

My flight BA676 was delayed from London to Istanbul and mentioned that to flight attend in the plane, that because of flight delay I missed my connecting flight from Istanbul to Cyprus, he said that he will ask his manager about my problem. He came and said that the British Airline is responsible for your loss but we can't do anything, you have to contact our ground staff.

At Istanbul Airport, I explained my problem to the guy on counter who was working for British Airlines. He was not listening my problem playing in his phone. At last he said to his coworker in Turkish language, "Play with guy for a while and sent him somewhere". He used very vulgar language. He don't know that I can understand Turkish language. When I start talking to him in Turkish he get worse and the British Airways didn't helped me at all. I missed my connecting flight and because of Valentine's night I could buy another ticket in next flight. At last I bought my ticket from Istanbul to Cyprus on 800 TL which is the most expensive ticket. I am not that much upset about money but the dealing of the staff in Istanbul Airport was the most upsetting and discouraging. Anyone could help me how, and to whom I can complain about that person who was representing British Airways at Istanbul Airport.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

The lack of seriousness and the bad service of British Airways for its customers is disappointing. My wife and I have been victims of the disorganization of the British Airways company since we had a confirmed flight BA # 104 from Dubai to London on January 27 at 2:00 pm, a few weeks after buying the tickets they send us an email electronic where they change the flight schedule for 10:05 am which we confirm with assigned seats 22A and 22B with the airline.

A few days before starting our vacation, we are asked to review the itinerary and discover that the flight mentioned did not appear on the itinerary, we call immediately to see what happened and they tell us that the plane is under repair and that there is no flight, after request help and solution to the serious problem for 4 hours on the phone with a representative of British Airways and a representative of Capital One Travel Services and making them realize that they affected all our vacations since we have payments for tours, hotels and trains to Brussels, Bruges and Zurich. They managed to give us a flight for January 28 at 2:25 am Dubai to London.

With all this mess on the part of British Airways we lost a hotel reservation for January 27 in London, and a business appointment with an investor, but they were totally indifferent to what they caused, they did not care about the bad service provided nor the damages caused. We are sure that we will never use this airline again and we will let everyone we can and in our social networks know about the poor service provided to the consumer.

British Airways Company Information