British Airways

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Missed flight because of last-minute gate change. Printed our boarding cards at airport at 8:00 am. Waited at gate 6. At 9:37 am found nearest BA gate to be told flight closed, aircraft still there BTW. We never heard the announcement nor our names called, which is a bit strange. We were told repeatedly our fault. We did nothing wrong. "Must buy new tickets, go away, can't help you, you have cheap ticket..." Very hurtful to be treated so callously by a legacy carrier. Sad. "Well 120 people made it except you!" "Your fault, not our responsibility." Curious... If our tickets had been more expensive would we have been treated differently? Purchased our tickets on 12 NOV 2016 and were looking forward to our flight. Needless to say, totally miserable and expensive day: New tickets, new transfers at LGW and missed a London pre-paid evening. I request a full refund and I hold responsible for this horrible day which could have been avoided.

My daughter changed her flight Denver to Glasgow April to 3 days earlier. $157 the day before she went to check in and it says she wasn't on flight. She called and they said due to a system error the payment didn't go through. They sorted it. When statement came in she'd been charged $198. I have been trying to get this sorted since May. Last week their rep Baxter promised me he would call or email me. I'm still waiting. My daughter sent them an email and they're saying when she called and was told it was originally their fault and a system error. Seemingly she was told it was $198 and they're refusing to give a refund. My daughter doesn't recall this conversation at time. She was worried she wasn't getting on flight. She spends 3k a year. 24 year old student. Shame on you.

My baggages are delayed and received those after 3 days but some of the contents are missing from one luggage in which I kept some costly items like Google Daydream VR, bluetooth headset, etc. Also they have taken chocolates which I was bringing for children. I have opened a case but not received any call or reply till now. Very worst experience I had with this airline.

Traveling with two kids, 2 bags missing, issue reported at the TLV airport on June 14th, 2017 under **, four customer relations cases opened **. One bag returned on June 15th, the second bag returned on July 17th, 33 days later. Missing content, broken luggage and there's no way to contact BA. Also, no intentions to pay compensation. When you call Customer Relations, they won't answer, there is a message that says that "they is a very high volume of calls" and redirect you to the website. Once you open a case in the website, you will never receive an answer from British Airways.

I was traveling last 4th July from Geneva to JFK New York, through London Heathrow. My trip from Geneva to London Heathrow was normal without any problem, except that I was not assigned a seat number for my flight from London to New York. And a lady from British Airways in Geneva, told me that she will call London and they will assign me a number at my arrival at London. When I arrived to London Airport, I had to change my terminal, and pass a quite long security checks, and then went to the British Customer Service in Terminal 5 I think, to request a seat number, after waiting a long time, because there was a lot of people waiting their turn.

I got a new boarding ticket with a seat number. The BA employee, looked at his watch, and told me to walk quickly to the terminal B42 for boarding. Which I did, but the distance was long and when I made it there, a lady refused to let me in, and said it is too late to board, and asked me to check that with the customer service. I went to the customer service again, and found there a very rude employee who didn't want to help or even to listen to me, and asked me to buy a one way ticket for tomorrow, which would have cost more than 1000 pounds, and when I refused because it exceed the price of my total original ticket, he told me this is all what he can do for me, and that I am responsible of myself in the airport.

A security guard tried to help me and intervened, but he got a same reply from this rude employee. I decided to return to the customer service where I got the seat number, and there at least I met a wonderful lady who tried to help me, but asked me to pay 270$ to change the date of my booking for tomorrow 5th July with American Airlines. I checked out my luggage and waited a long time to get it from the luggage service in London Heathrow. Beside that I had to pass the night in London, and had to pay the hotel, taxis, to and from the airport, and restaurants there. Apart from a lady working with British Airways in the Customer service, I got no help from this company at all.

I didn't do any mistake, I was on time in Geneva Airport, and walked quickly to reach my flight in Heathrow Airport, but the fact that I had to wait a long time to get a seat number in London and the long security checks and the change of terminals, were the cause of my last horrible journey. Now, I request BA to refund me all my expenses resulting from my horrible journey, because they didn't assign me a seat number in Geneva, and caused my delay, as I had to wait for a long time before getting my seat number, and then lost time and was unable to catch my flight to New York. For a people transiting with BA, through Heathrow airport, think twice... My flight reference is: **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about British Airways?

Today (Tuesday 4.7.17), I found I needed to change a travel date from Fri (7th) to Thurs (6th). I attempted to do this on BA's "Manage My Booking" for about 2 hours and, although I selected 4 different flight times, each time I thought my booking change was completed (at an extra cost of 156-199 + seat costs), I was told that my changed flights were fully booked, even though my booking included purchase of seats shown as available (quite a few). So. I contacted BA's Customer Services by phone and waited for about 20 minutes for an agent who, after saying hello and providing his name, promptly lost me. So, another 20 minutes later, I spoke to another (very caring and helpful) BA agent and she told me the only available flight changes would cost me almost +500 onto my 218 ticket!!! I could have booked a new return ticket for a lot less!!!

Is it surprising that I am HUGELY unimpressed by 3 things 1. the additional charge by BA when all the work is by me and on-line and BA can re-sell my Friday flight; 2. the time I spent going around in circles, online, to end up with nothing and having to phone Customer Services; and 3. the time it takes to get through to Customer Services who, clearly, are insufficiently staffed, over-worked and with limited capacity to really help. BA - you are in serious need of a makeover and self-examination to have customers, such as I, consider using you again and not tell everyone to avoid you and write reviews such as this.

I am very disappointed with the entire service from British Airways. How is it possible that for a 3 hours flight no water was served or food? My parents made it safe to Bucharest but massive headache and dizziness due dehydration. We were loyal customers for over 10 years. Now we have to say "SHAME ON YOU BRITISH AIRWAYS". No wonder you are going downhill! I will write everywhere possible this review!

My British Airways Club World experience from Los Angeles via London to Zürich calls for reflection on what use to be "The World's Favorite Airline". On board service was mediocre at best. IFE system out of service, complacent crew, terrible meal options. This put aside; upon approach to Heathrow Airport the captain made an announcement stating the airport was experiencing disruptions due to "weather" however we would land on schedule. The "weather" problem was actually a complete breakdown of the BA computer system which put the entire operation to a halt. My connection flight was scheduled to depart 2 hours after my long haul flight arrived. No airport announcements made for hours after scheduled departure, and this only after BBC News reported the actual condition at Heathrow.

Flight departure board noted "delayed" therefore I decided to go into the lounge and wait. BA Lounge Agents actually denied access to paying Club passengers to one of the lounges; the other was accessible as the staff were too busy to check status of customers entering the lounge. About 1630-1700 BA made the announcement all flights are cancelled, passengers were to leave the lounge/airport and left to their own devices. This created another disaster as all passengers were required to clear immigration reentering/entering the United Kingdom. Thousands of people were locked into the transit area of T5 for another 2 hours before immigration officers allowed us to exit! Nobody could leave as the immigrations service did not have the manpower to repatriate the stranded passengers.

Finding hotel accommodation when all hotels were overbooked at this point along with car services. Not to mention no baggage and no first needs items offered to premier class passengers. Long story short, I incurred roughly USD $1,500.00 in hotel/car/first needs items. BA did absolutely nothing and still has not addressed two complaint files nor reimbursed my out of pocket expenses/EU cancellation fees etc. Had I not managed to reserve a flight on Swiss for the following day I would more than likely still be sitting at Heathrow without my baggage. Baggage arrived damaged and not repairable three days later. Disgraceful what happens when services are outsourced and staff treated like a number.

Totally gobsmacked with a response I received from British Airways about a change I requested. I am returning to the UK catching a flight from Brisbane to Sydney then Sydney to Heathrow. What I wanted to do is catch the flight from Sydney. I was only cancelling a flight from Brisbane to Sydney and joining the return flight at Sydney rather than Brisbane. I was not expecting a refund but was expecting an administration charge. Well I was told that this change would cost £180 as they had to recalculate the flight costs. That makes no sense to me at all as they are not incurring additional flight costs. I found their response insensitive, dismissive and inappropriate. Fly regular to Australia but after this experience will not use British Airways. Disgusted with their response.

I have been loyal to BA since 1993. Customer service has progressively deteriorated. On my last transatlantic flight I bought duty-free alcohol that was not sealed in its bag by the cabin crew and was confiscated, unopened, in LHR as a carry-on security risk. However, seating comfort has become the main problem, and it appears paying 50% extra for premium economy is the only solution, if you can find the seats. The entertainment system is quite decent, though. I think most airlines are (literally) squeezing anything they can from us, but until I can drive over the atlantic, I'll be choosing Swiss(Air).

British Airways cancelled our flight from Rome to London. They offered an alternative flight. However we would have miss our connecting flight back to the US. We had to book on another airline & it cost us an additional $2600 to get home. No compensation for our financial loss & their customer service in dealing with this was terrible.

I had a return flight scheduled from Stuttgart, Germany back to USA. There were 2 stop-overs on the way. First in Dublin, Ireland and the second in Chicago, IL before getting to my final destination SNA (California). At first, the flight in Stuttgart was delayed by 50 mins, then they boarded us and we stood in the gangway (about 100 people) for about 1 hour before they said we need to go back to the boarding area. Turns out that we had to sit back down for 20 mins more before they announced the flight was cancelled. They confirmed that there was no mechanical issue, and no weather issue. Finally, they did confirm that it was a crew issue. They did not have enough rested crew to leave. The staff suggested I go to the BA counter outside and get a new itinerary planned with them and they can also arrange a hotel for the night.

Ok, now what? There was no guidance from the ground staff. No plan of action, just a cancellation. I had already exited Germany as far as my password was concerned. I had to get the immigration officer to undo the exit stamp by signing and giving a reason why I did not leave Germany. Then I went to the BA check-in counter outside and they were closed. Went to ground services travel desk and all they could do was try to find a new flight and issue a new ticket and the only flight available was 2 days later at Euro 2,300. Not really an option for me. I called BA (International call for me, very expensive!) and they denied that the flight was cancelled and insisted that I was a no-show. After insisting that I was right and I have proof since I live in the real world and they are just looking at some computer screen, about 1 hour later they agreed that the flight was cancelled. Unbelievable!

The next course of action was to book me on the next possible flights. Which was next day 11:20 am. Everything was handled smoothly to generate a new itinerary and I was satisfied (for now). They said a new ticket # will be generated and everything will be emailed to me shortly. When I asked about the hotel for the night, since the flight was cancelled they made me hold for about 20 mins and agreed. Then transferred me to another department that would book the hotel. The lady on the next call said they can only make new hotel reservations that would cost me, rather than helping me in lieu of cancelled flight. Hmmm... they deceived me!! She insisted that they would not be able to provide a hotel for the night and apologized that the ground staff and the others I spoke to were wrong. Ah, did I fail to mention that she too did not believe me that the flight was cancelled.

I arranged a room using Hotels.com nearby for about $105, at a fairly nice and comfortable hotel. It was one station over on the S-Bahn which is conveniently at the airport. I lost my non-refundable one night hotel in Dublin $80. So, the total cost to me was about $185. I was really happy that everything was now working out and I had some rest. But my intuition told me to keep checking my email for the confirmed flight itinerary with the new ticket number. I had received nothing. I called them in the middle of the night, around 3 am now. Lot of holding time, but finally got somebody. They said the new ticket will not be issued because the flight was not cancelled, and since I was a no-show they could not help me. Oh no!

I have had it with these British people. I mean seriously, not just the company, but the people. It seems they are really stupid. I had to go through the whole process of describing my troubles and having proof of living in the real world, etc. Finally, about 5 am, they agreed. But still no email till about 8 am with the new ticket number. More phone calls (again International), they refused to admit the flight was cancelled. I could not bear it anymore. I checked out of the hotel and went to the airport.

People were already checking in for the 11:20 am flight. When my turn came, I had a nice German girl who saw my issue. I was in the system, but she could not generate a boarding pass since a new ticket number was not assigned. She made several calls to BA staff in UK and I could not tell exactly the conversations but it was clear she was getting upset at how rude they were to her. She tried her best on a her station but could not succeed. The checking line was long, but she did not let that bother her. She stuck with me to solve my problem. She said it happens a lot that there is a flight cancelled and British Airways denies their passengers, I guess hoping they are in a panic or urgency that they will just buy a new ticket.

She called the German ground staff who was expert with the computer software and he was able to get through lots of options and then enter me as a new ticket number. I think it took him a good 20-25 mins, but he was able to print out boarding passes for me and have me on my way. I could not even say thank you properly since I was emotional inside. You ever have the feeling of crying out of happiness. The feeling that there must be a God. This was proof. Everything from that point went smoothly. I don't know what I would have done if wasn't for these two Germans who helped me.

I think Germans know that British are liars and scheming to make more money. And that BA runs this way. I think in their industry it is common-place. None of this needed to happen to me. If BA wanted to take care of me, they would have instantly, right when they knew the flight was cancelled at the gate itself. But they don't care. Oh, did I mention that all the BA flights are old, not in good shape, entertainment screens are fuzzy and seats are old and beat up. But that was not as important as just making it back home to California.

Refusal to compensate - On Monday evening 5/8/2017, my daughter received an email that a leg of her BA flight booked through Explore Trip was canceled and she was placed on a later flight! This was not acceptable and would mess up all our plans. We started calling early on Tuesday to see what her other options were. I could sense from the first call that this was going to be a terrible battle. My daughter was trying to handle as much as she could on her own but this was her week of final exams. So I started calling, in the meantime, since she was making no headway, we incurred additional expenses to find an alternative way for her to get home.

The first call was at 12:35 pm, we spoke to Mason and were told the system was down, he took our number and said that he would call us back in 10 minutes. The call never came so we called back at 4:30 pm and spoke to Annabelle, explained the situation and told her that at this point we needed a refund on the Chicago to St. Louis portion of the trip because we have made alternate arrangements. After a long hold, she came back to the line and said that she could not do partial refunds, we would have to contact the airline directly. We got the number from her and called British Airways.

We spoke to Patrick at British Airways (5:30 pm), explained the situation to him and offered up a flight leaving Chicago at 10:19 am that would get my daughter home at 11:27 am (she was originally scheduled to be in St. Louis at 8 am). My daughter said she put Patrick on hold to call me to see if this would work, I told her no it would not. We had plans already made and could not change them. She told Patrick this would not work and that she just needed that leg of the flight canceled. He said in order to do this she would need to call back to the travel agency that we booked through. Here is where the run around begins.

She explained that she had talked to Explore Trip and they said they could not do the cancellation, she would have to go through British Airways. Now British Airways is telling her to call Explore Trip back. Patrick told her that they would need to call their travel support line if they needed help with the cancellation. I called Explore Trip back and spoke to George (6:16 pm), he wanted to tell me the same thing, I had to call British Airways. I told him I was not hanging up until we had a resolution and asked him to call British Airways with me on the line. Joyce from British Airways talked to us.

Long story short, George had already canceled the flight (hum) and claimed he could not give me our refund amount. I would have to get that from British Airways. Joyce stated that that was not true. He would get the refund amount from the travel trade line. At this point, I am beyond angry. We disconnected with Joyce and George told me I would have to call back in 3-4 business days for the refund amount.

I called today and there was more run around! We still don't have the amount of our refund. I have posted messages on Facebook and Twitter. None of this is happening from anything WE DID! This is on British Airways and Explore Trip, you all made the changes that cause us an inconvenience. We are only asking for what is fair and what is due to us. A refund for the leg of the flight that my daughter could not take due to YOUR LAST MINUTE CHANGES! For you to say you cannot help because we went through a travel agency is just a cop out! In the end, it is your airline that made the change and you profited in some manner from our purchase. You can definitely do something!

Best airline crew and ground staff. Very helpful rather than trouble! Food serve on international flights are good! I love this airline. If you have extra luggage, they allow you!! Very friendly staff!

My mother has a severe back problem that has left her with limited mobility. She was booked for a flight from ORTA to HRE-ZW and we explained and requested wheelchair assistance as she was in pain. We were told not to worry and that this would be arranged. She waiting in the holding area and a BA representative came through and said they would not provide this assistance as requested earlier on because there is no booking.

Surely such a big organization dealing with the public should have contingencies in place. Anyway to make matters worse she was made to carry her luggage and drag herself to the terminal in great pain without any assistance from British Airways representatives at all. As we speak my mom is bedridden and her situation has been worsened due to this mistreatment. #NOT_A _HAPPY_CUSTOMER.

My wife and I were flying from San Diego to London on BA272, April 17, 2017. Our assigned seats were 29A and B. Because of my 2 prior back surgeries and knee pain we asked for upgrade to premium seats, and charged 2x $380. We were given seats 22E and 22F, which was in the middle of the row. The 2 individuals on both sides of us slept throughout the flight and we could not even get up or use the facilities for the 11 hour travel time. It proved to be an extremely uncomfortable flight and worthless upgrade costing us an extra $760.

I contacted this company on 4/3 to make a reservation from Philadelphia (PHL) to Beirut (BEY). I was quoted a price of $1,958 flying American Airlines (AA) from Philadelphia (PHL) to London then British Airways (BA) from London to Beirut. In the past, I had bad experience with switching airlines as my luggage don't arrive to their final destination on time. I aired my concerned to the representative.

The representative told me that I can fly BA from PHL to London and BA from London to Beirut (different plane but same airlines all the way) but the price is almost $237 higher ($2,195). I decided to go with this option. BA all the way. Then I learned after I booked the flight that my waiting time will be 8 hours in the airport. I am traveling with an infant so I decided to select back the first option (AA) as the waiting is closer to 4 hours. I was told by the representative that AA option is NOW (10 minutes later) priced at the same option as BA option ($2,170).

This is happening during the same phone call. He said the prices went up since 10 minutes ago and he can no longer reserve the flight at $1,958. I asked to speak with a supervisor. The supervisor told me that prices change and they can no longer book the flight at that price. Funny thing is as was waiting on hold for the supervisor, BA was boasting that the price you see is the price you pay as an advertisement. Which is not true! Even the price is quoted by a BA representative is not the price you pay. So I kept my reservation with BA $2,195.

After I hanged up, I called American Airlines (AA) and gave them my Booking reference with BA. AA stated the flight is available at $1,958. So I called back BA to cancel. BA canceled the flight. We are not done yet. I reviewed my credit card statement and I found out that I charged $70 fee because I made the reservation/cancellation over the phone. I was not told about this fee. I called BA and spent 25 minutes on the phone to get my fee waived. I am not surprised that they have one star rating. Where's the zero option? AVOID THIS COMPANY.

I was flying business class from the UK to Hong Kong and the journey commenced in Scotland, on arrival at the airport the check in desk happily informed me apparently I was booked on 2 separate tickets and as a result would not check my bag all the way to HK, thus I reluctantly checked in to London on the basis I had to collect my bags and then recheck in at London (a pain as I had BA flight to London and BA flight to HK ie same airline and Business Class). Then the flight was delayed by circa 2 hrs which meant I now did not have time to collect bags and check in in London, thus I asked to be moved to the later flight.

This they offered to do for GBP 4760 ie I had to fully buy another ticket to do the journey, never heard of anything so stupid in all my life, I then spent a long time debating this with them only to have to succumb to buying a premium economy flight GBP 1200 one way. Having been a loyal BA customer who frequently travels from HK to the UK and a gold card holder I can honestly say I will never travel with British Airways again.

This airline don't have any coordination with the alliances and delete flights. Happen to me in flight Barcelona to Paris. Delete flights and I lost all my connections. I arrive to my destination two days later. I almost lost my job because this company. If they delete the first flight, they has to have tolerance in each flight connections. I least 10 or 20 minutes, when I got the door for connect the plane closed the doors. They has to give me immediately the next flight, but it don't happen. I lost two days in my job and paid for these days, because the airlines, British Airways and alliances Vueling. Bad experience.

We flew our two Bernese Mountain Dogs from the UK to the USA last year using British Airways. We were nervous about the long flight but trusted BA with the care of our pets. How wrong could we be! We chose to fly them into Atlanta as we were assured that they had the facilities to handle our dogs. This meant an 8 hour round trip to collect them as we were told that our local airport, Charlotte, didn't have the same facilities. We made sure that we were there when the flight arrived as I didn't want them waiting at the airport too long.

When we arrived to collect the dogs they were being held in a noisy and extremely hot freight warehouse, not the air conditioned kennels that we expected and were led to believe. The dogs were very distressed and extremely hot. What concerned us more was that at some stage during their transit someone had removed their water. They were desperately dehydrated and at one stage my larger 100 lb Bernese collapsed. It was the most distressing thing I have ever witnessed. To cut a long story short we spoke with the BA representative who honestly couldn't care less. No one was at all interested that my dogs had been in transit for over 9 hours without water. We weren't offered any explanation and they didn't want to know. We paid a lot of money to fly our pets and expected BA to have some sort of duty of care.

I would never recommend using them for shipping your pets. If we hadn't turned up to collect our pets when we did it could have ended with the death of one or both of our beloved dogs. I would never recommend using them to fly pets, they really don't care! The company we used to arrange the transit of our pets have since discontinued using BA for future clients' pets. They are now using Virgin Atlantic.

Though very kind customer service representatives on phones, totally unprofessional responses. Bag was checked-in at Heathrow, other 4 members of our family received their bags in Boston, mine still missing. Or is it? Daily phone calls to BA for 2 weeks now: (5-20 minutes each) = bag not found, bag found, bag on the way to me, bag never found, bag made it to Boston, no bag with my name or tag number located, bag found and on the way to me, bag never left Heathrow, "52% certainty it's your bag" (?!?), bag at Heathrow, maybe. Two supervisors have 'filed expedited reports and will contact me via email tomorrow' (no emails yet). Checking daily, online, my lost bag file: no change, no info beyond my descriptions and "locating bag". I've described nearly all contents, much unique, 'can you describe contents?' remains as a request.

Is this a multi-million dollar established company or a joke? I have never encountered such dishonesty/ disorganized responses in over 35 years of business. By phone, online, at Boston, at Heathrow -- no accurate info and plenty of conflicting info/dishonest info/incomplete info. Shocking. Oh, and virtually impossible to write or speak with anyone beyond powerless telephone operators, website has no contact info for that, just more forms to fill in.

My 14 year old daughter and I recently flew to visit her brother in Salzburg. We flew through London Heathrow on a day there was too much fog on for our connecting flight to leave on time. We had to wait in line for over 6 HOURS. The customer service number for BA was not working (even though they had a message up on the screen for us to call that number) and none of the agents could tell us anything about next steps. There were people with small children, and elderly all just waiting and waiting for help without answers for that many hours.

We were finally rerouted through Vienna and arrived in Salzburg WITHOUT our bags. I received my bag within 2 day however my daughter's bag was missing the ENTIRE 10 day trip. We are back home in the States now and still no bag. We were lied to, insulted, and literally told that until the bag is missing for 21 days there is nothing we can do. I will never fly this airlines again. They are partners with one of my favorite airlines in the States, Alaska Air so I am sorry to learn that one the best airlines in the US is a partner with the absolute worst I have ever encountered. DO NOT TRUST THIS AIRLINE WITH YOUR BAGS!

My name is John **, on the 29/11/16 Me and my partner returned from what was supposed to be a dream holiday from Cape Town to London on a business class flight BA0042, It's not very often that I can afford to fly business so was quite excited about my flight home as we always have a good experience with British Airways, once in our seats we realised that there was something wrong with the entertainment system on both mine and my partners seats plus the couple in front of us, we told the steward who apologized and tried to fix the problem. He said that he tried to reset the system three times but I never saw the screen turn off and go back on once to indicate that it was being reset.

I don't sleep well on flights so we were very disappointed to not be able to watch any films on such a long and very expensive flight, we were told that another 48 systems in economy were down and that there was nothing he could do, I had finished my book the day before so didn't even have anything to read before I attempted sleep, when the lights were out and everyone was sleeping I put my seat into bed mode and tried to sleep, as soon as I moved and put any pressure on the bottom of the bed, the leg part of the seat collapsed to the floor.

I returned my seat back up and had to lift the bottom leg part all the way back up then bring it back down to get it back in the position for sleeping, I returned my seat back down and tried again, but again any small amount of pressure from my legs made it collapse, that part of the seat is attached to the seat in front so every time it fell it jolted the poor woman's seat and kept her awake, she wasn't happy and told me about this when we were all awake, as it was late and the lights were out.

I finally got the stewardesses attention and she got the guy who had tried to fix the tv problem and all he could do was apologize again saying this has happened before and again there was nothing he could do, I didn't get any sleep and it was the worst flight I have ever taken. I also had to go straight to work from this flight, to make things worse, my partner's glasses fell on the floor during the night and someone stepped on them and broke them in half. He cannot function without them, the female stewardess was quite sarcastic and unsympathetic saying falling asleep with your glasses on wasn't very wise, he didn't fall asleep with them on and he didn't appreciate her comments.

The steward gave us forms to fill out and said that we would be compensated for such a bad flight, after not hearing from BA, I contacted BA via the BA website link and made my complaints explaining everything and received a reply from a very unhelpful, unsympathetic customer relations person (Sophie **) apologizing about our bad experience and offered me 8000 avios points as a good will gesture, I was not happy with this. My flight alone cost £2,000 and I also had to pay £95 to reserve my seat so that I could be sure I would be sitting next to my partner.

8000 doesn't even cover the price for reserving the seat, I sent more emails to her saying how unhappy I was by her decision, and she replied saying she would not be changing her mind on the matter and there will be no compensation. I asked her for names of people above her that I could contact about this and she just gave me two web addresses that are nothing to do with BA, Nearly £2,100 is a huge amount of money for me to pay for one flight.

I few economy going out to Cape Town and cost just under £500 and was a great flight. I wish I booked economy for my return, the experience made a very miserable end to my great holiday. I cannot believe BA treat people like this, my partners flight was an open flight so his cost so much more than mine and he still hasn't heard from BA even after I filled both our complaints forms out on the plane and handed them back to the steward as we left the plane, he wants me to deal with his complaint but I have added his email address for him to be contacted. Please let me know how to get this resolved, I have been advised to go to the newspapers with this but I would rather BA did what was right without me going down that road. Sending to as many contacts that I think my help as possible and on social media.

Me and my wife were traveling to Austin, Texas USA to spend time with our sons. We traveled by your airlines earlier and again this time also Our tickets were booked by your airlines from Hyderabad to Dallas on 13.12.2016. We reached Hyderabad airport only to learn that the Hyderabad - London flight was delayed by an hour and the consequential effect was that we would miss the flight from London to Dallas.

We waited for our turn to obtain boarding passes, to be welcomed by a nice counter officer Mr. **, he explained to us nicely about the delay and the consequential effect of our missing the onward flight. He put forth before us 3 options and asked us to choose the best one, either to travel the next day or travel to Dallas on a bit longer route or alternatively (the best option he advised us) to stay in London that night. That sounded good and we heeded to the best advice given by Mr. **, He further said that the airlines would take care of our stay and food arrangements.

We traveled to London and true to his words the counter staff at Heathrow have made all the arrangements within minutes and made us comfortable. Next day we traveled to our destination without any hassle. This is a unique experience. The counter staff were exemplary in their service, their proactive-ness has made us determine that every time we travel to USA, we will travel by BRITISH AIRWAYS only.

Circumstances beyond my control force me to request a refund on two tickets amounting to $1107.82. These tickets were booked in 11/10/2016. Today is 12/7/2016 and the travel date was 2/21/2017. British Airways refuses to refund the ticket price and tells me they will refund the taxes. The taxes on each ticket are $403.91 for a total of $807.92. Then I'm told no they will NOT refund all taxes because I need to pay for FUEL to used on this flight. A flight my daughter and I will not taken. British Airways had over two months resell the tickets. They are SCAM ARTISTS, THIEVES, AND CHEATS. My daughter and myself have traveled on British Airways for work on many occasions. The future I'll avoid ALL British Airways flights and make sure our employers are aware of BA's ridiculous rules and activities.

We were returning to US by business class from Chennai to Miami by BA 0036. Flight was delayed due to issues with incoming flight. We got no intimation even though all our phone numbers and emails were registered with the airlines. Extremely callus response from BA agents, completely lacking customer service ethos. One wonders if the flights from India are treated differently or if it is a general pathetic ecosystem in BA. I tried BA after 8 years... not again for a long while. Passengers flying to and from India beware! Try a different carrier.

We have only this worst airways available from hyd(IN) - phx(AZ) with one stop in London. We unfortunately have to rely on this airways to make our elderly sick parents for their travel for less number of stops. This airways has always proved cheaters in their services. In spite of so many calls to reminder about the wheelchair service they have not provided the service. My mom is heart patient recently had her surgery. She walked all the way from terminal 3 to 5. In spite my parents requested for help at different information desk and person, no official has given any help. Later on I called to airport and special service for disability OMNI service I got to know request for wheelchair has not been sent to them from airways. This Airways has to be ashamed for service and inconvenience they are providing for passenger after taking high prices for tickets.

I booked flights with BA from London-Kuala Lumpur-Bandar-Kuala Lumpur-London. These were all booked at the same time and they also took the booking, therefore contract, with Royal Brunei Airlines (RBI) for the KL/Bandar/KL legs. For whatever reason RBI cancelled one of the flights, and it was only by accident that I found this out, by going on the BA website. I had to change a flight and waste a day in Brunei. BA have refused all responsibility, even on the lack of communicating the cancelled flight to me. I find this deplorable after booking everything through BA. I would certainly never book anything direct with BA again, as this lack of service by a major carrier to a customer is despicable.

This is the most horrendous, incompetent company on the planet who DOES NOT CARE about their passengers, even frequent fliers. They are nice when things go well but totally unhelpful and provide misleading information when things go wrong. Their terminal 5 is always having technical problems and guess what - it's your problem not theirs that check in desk is not working. And if you are late for your flight NOBODY is going to help you!! They made a mistake by saying that I cannot drop off my bag (I was checked in already) 1 hour before the flight - which is wrong and never admitted their mistake. Please avoid this company as a plague.

I checked in my bag (23 KG) at London airport First class counter on September 18, 2016 at ~8:40 AM (flight at 10:50 AM) since I am a EMERALD member. On receipt of my boarding pass I found that baggage tag was not attached, but the bag was already gone. She could not find baggage tag, but wrote ** at back of boarding pass. On arrival at Washington Dulles airport, my bag was missing, which I reported to BA representative. He had printed report for ** and told me that bag went to wrong belt. I was given claim no, **, and he told me that I would get text on my phone in 1-2 hours. NO TEXT WAS RECEIVED.

I looked up on BA website on September 19 stating that my bag was found and getting ready for delivery. I called BA at ~3:00 PM and was told the same. I called ~7:00 PM, and was told that my bag was missing and new number ** was assigned. I was now really puzzled, and contacted several BA representatives, and eventually was told that there was a bag at London airport without baggage tag. They had opened that bag and asked me to identify some of the items, which I did and it was my bag. I was told that it would be delivered next day. I got text on September 20 evening that my bag would be delivered and was told that they would call me before delivery. I specifically told the person not to call after 10:30 PM.

In the morning on September 21, while going to office, I found bag at front entrance of my house. I was surprised, and picked it up but it was much lighter, and weighed 13 KG, in other words 10 KG items were missing. Missing items were one of my Good Woolen Suit with a Tie, 6 packages of Special Tea, special packages of Indian snacks, several packages of Special Lentils and Cardamom, etc., etc. I called BA representative at Washington Dulles airport on September 21 three times and left messages. Eventually, BA representative called me in the evening and confirmed that no items were taken from my bag at Washington Dulles airport. It was therefore confirmed that BA staff who opened my bag at London airport took items from my bag. BA representative also told me that courier should had called before delivering my bag and she was to look into this matter.

Here are the issues: Bag was not tagged by BA representative, and sent on the belt. Conflicting information provided to me. Amount of time I spent without much help from BA representatives. WHY were items Stolen from my bag? I am a frequent flyer on BA and have Emerald status. BA compensated only 50% for the value of my woolen suit and tie, but did not provide any compensation for the items STOLEN from my bag. MISSING BAG APPEARS TO BE COMMON, AND NOW STEALING ITEMS FROM THE PASSENGER'S BAG... BEWARE BA TRAVELERS!

British Airways Company Profile