1.26/5
Based on 268 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Airfare.com

Online since 1996, Airfare.com offers cheap flights and cheap hotels reservations. Airfare.com offers specially negotiated, deeply discounted airline tickets up to 70% off.

331 Airfare.com Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 30, 2018

I am a physician and president of my own company. Airfare.com SCAM. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. BEWARE! I bought through KAYAK a 3rd party international ticket on Turkish Airlines from SFO to IST. I received 1 email confirmation of a charge of $1,405.31 but my credit card was billed three times for my ticket... I was billed the original $1405.31, as well as a second charge of $1398.31 and a third charge of $7.

I called Airfare.com and spoke with Robert (thick eastern European accent) in customer service and was told I was only billed once and that sometimes it looks like you are billed multiple times... I then told him that I have 3 separate transaction numbers and the bill is closed and 3 weeks old. Robert, whom works in customer service, then told me to try to email customer service and that he could not resolve my issue... even though he works in customer service. I am now contacting Bank of America Platinum Business Services, BBB, Consumer Affairs and KAYAK.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Like most others here, I bought a RT to Kiev and then get an email saying that my return flight has been changed. Unfortunately, the new scheduled departure leaves before my other flight lands... Trying to talk to someone just routes you to India and, as wonderful as they may be, it's very frustrating to try and communicate. You are told to go to the website and change your flight by email... Please... do yourself a favor, spend the extra money and get a legit place to buy your tickets. I'm leaving in three days and I'm STILL getting emails telling me my flights are in jeopardy. WTF!!! Heed the negative warnings!!! I wish I had investigated this rip-off company before making reservations.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Agencies delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I booked a ticket to Dubai via this website (From Kayak redirect to this). They canceled my ticket last minute without any notification. I tried to called their number which is given on the ticket and tried to speak with a representative. After so many attempts I ended up speaking to a person with an Indian accent (I don't want to be rude) who barely speak English. I did not understand a single word he said. When I request a supervisor, I had to stay on the line for about 20 minutes.

The supervisor also barely speak English and all I understood was that they tried to call me the day before the departure (which was yesterday) and I didn't answer which is a lie. Looks like this a business runs from a home (I could hear the loud TV and crying children in the background). I was in a terrible situation and almost paid the double the amount that I paid initially to book a new trip with another ticketing agency. When I request to refund the money they refused and said that it was an airline cancellation and they cannot do anything. Really? I already filed a credit dispute with my credit card company. This company should not be doing any business in the United States.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I reserved two tickets Monday on Royal Jordanian Denver to Amman for 1939.30 and then got a call (Indian accent or something very difficult to understand) which they told me that American Airlines did not accept their price and it would be 60.00 more. They asked for email confirmation or they could cancel. I sent them an email approving it. Tuesday morning I woke up to find that they had cancelled the reservation. I called Royal Jordanian to check and they said, “Yes it had been cancelled by airfare.com.” So I made another reservation on American Airlines, which was then confirmed. Then today (Wednesday) I woke up to another email from them saying it was confirmed and ticketed. The first three times I called they could not hear me, and the fourth time, I explained the above and they put me through to the same person who called me and he said, “No, we confirmed and issued the ticket.”

I told them to cancel it as they had just issued it, and they refused. They did not listen to my explanation that they had cancelled the reservation, and I had confirmed this with Royal Jordanian having some alternate version of reality, and denied having cancelled my reservation and refused to cancel their reservation. Fortunately, I was still within 24 hours with my American Airlines reservation and they (very professionally) cancelled the (now) duplicate reservation. Stay far away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Airfare.com is terrible. They are nothing but a scam. I am trying to modify my ticket which I recently purchased for my international flight from Dhaka, Bangladesh to Washington D.C. on Qatar Airways via Kayak. I have been trying to reach out to them from an international number, and all I hear is a recorded message in some foul English accent. The first time I spoke to him he was extremely rude. From then on, after three times, I keep on hearing, "How can I help you," and they disconnect. I sent an email request for modification, but I am yet to hear back from them regarding a ticket change. They are also charging more than the airlines. Qatar Airways for modification is 243 dollars plus service fee and airfare.com is charging 350 dollars. They are nothing but a complete scam.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airfare.com?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Bought a ticket via kayak.com, did not know they were using this third party company. This company is the WORST! Bought a ticket, then they told me my reservation was cancelled due to credit card security issues, refund came, then I bought a ticket elsewhere instead, then airfare.com still charged our card again and said they never cancelled it and say my ticket is nonrefundable. If I change my itinerary to another date to use later they will charge me $350. Now what! Filing with the BBB, what else can I do?

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I have read virtually all the other reviews, published over several years, and overwhelmingly extremely negative. These unhappy customers have almost uniformly this in common: their plans changed or they got sick. Until, a day after I booked, I could find only my LH reservation and pending CC charge but no ticket number or other evidence that I would be able to board the (an AC codeshare) 4 days from now, I started to worry: not that I would lose my money (that's the CC bank's problem) but that the ticket wouldn't be issued in time and I'd have to buy a full-fare ticket on the day (A change in routing or date, complained of by some, was unlikely as this journey is Canada-UK and any rerouting would have to involve a complex and very lengthy combination of flights.).

I actually combined two AC codeshares: a UA from the U.S. West Coast, an overnight at a Starwood airport hotel that is explicitly non-changeable, non-refundable, and the kayak-airfare.com-Sky Bird Travel & Tour (Toronto) tag team booking process. That, I am guessing, is how consolidators work. For sickness (or death) cancellation one can buy travel insurance. Other changes will be costly. The alternative is to pay rack rate. My only complaint with airfare.com is the lack of transparency and the use of fine print rather than a loud warning for the benefit of the naive and the inexperienced to consider travel insurance cancellation cover. (I booked the first leg through UA rather than AC because my Chase MileagePlus CC gets me exemption from a checked-baggage charge for the first bag on the North American leg.

The fact that neither of the flights show up on the AC Web site (I can't log in properly anyway because I am a MileagePlus and not an Aeroplan member) is disconcerting but as far as I am concerned airfare.com did what they said they would do, did it in reasonable time, and saved me a few hundred dollars. Your mileage (no pun intended) may vary, of course. It was confidence-building that I got a UA "receipt for confirmation" in seconds with ticket number and all the rest. And, after seeing the bad reviews disconcerting that I had to wait a day (and a call to LH was met with Teutonic frigidity) to be able to download a Passenger Itinerary Receipt from the LH Web site.

It's annoying that unlike the UA receipt the LH one doesn't show my Frequent Flyer number, but I'll fix that at online check-in or at the airport. (I have noted the Kayak fare-hacking system, which I didn't use because I was willing to pay extra for that non-stop flight, and I think Kayak makes clear that you've got to book quickly and you may lose a reservation even in those minutes (and, presumably, have to cancel within the 24-hour window.)

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

Booked a trip to BKK - This company is a joke. I'm just wondering why are they still in business. Booked a trip through Kayak, second thing you know, I got a change of date. Called them up, they said all they can do, is cancel the ticket. I was happy with Kayak, but since they're using these losers, I will never use Kayak or Airfare. Ripoff.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I had never used Airfare.com before, but I found a flight for $811 and was happy with the itinerary. I filled out the information to book the flight and after submitting it, it was taking forever for the process to complete. I called their agent line and the gentleman checked the transaction. He said it was a connection problem and I should refresh the screen. After the refresh was complete, the price had jumped up over $400! Do not use this booking company!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I had to change the dates of my ticket and at some point, I had to deal by phone with an Airfare.com representative and it was a catastrophe! By the phone, they accepted the payment for the changed flight and they confirmed it giving the new booking number. But less than one hour later, after our call, they emailed me asking me more money and stopping the transaction because meanwhile we were sharing info in order to complete the transaction. The price went up. I did read these email hours later because I am not sitting in front a computer all day and when I did call to ask clarifications regarding the all, this person James ** said, it was too late to make any change to my ticket.

In the morning, I repeat, by phone. They gave to me a new booking reference number for a new ticket and soon after, minutes later, by email, they claimed that, because the price went up, they had to cancel the transaction. I didn't know of it until later in the evening, until it was too late to act and now, thanks to their inability to do their job, I lost my ticket. They didn't took responsibility for it. Actually, they denied to have any of it. Do not use Airfare.com but if you got so unlucky to run in them, when you will have to try to deal with the resulting troubles, never try to sort them out talking with this one, called James **, because if you do, you will end up with nothing. Actually less than nothing.

In my case, I was having all the right to be upset because of their ineptitude but he showed no interest to help to find a resolution for their mistake. Actually, he was very rude and unconcerned, even insolent and he did it as somebody who is very used too, in general, dealing with companies. James ** is one of the most dishonest person I ever spoke with and if he is a representative of this company, that's tells you all. I lost big money! Stay away from them!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I don't ever trust this website/business. They claimed China Airlines, where I would flight to an Asian country, that canceled the whole flight. Therefore, everyone else were also got canceled, which was hard to believe. I was about to the airport for an emergency situation and now could not fly early tomorrow morning. I bought the protection insurance and the agent said I bought it from a different company, so I may lose for that fee. I would not suggest anyone doing business with this one unless you want to be in my situation.

Original review: July 22, 2017

Before buying my $800-plus tickets I searched for reviews. I had never heard of this site before it was suggested by Kayak.com. Because of the 300 dollar cost difference, I decided to roll the dice. The thing about discount airlines in general is that you have to be comfortable managing a degree of risk and uncertainty. What made my experience slightly stressful was that they delayed charging my card for weeks. I sought out ways to verify that the purchase had gone through but in the end, I just waited and it did.

What made it a good experience was that I called Airfare.com and rehashed a live person, who explained that since I was buying an itinerary from two small airlines, I would need to check in twice: once for the domestic and once for the overseas flight. The thoughtful thing about this process is that the itinerary allowed a six hour layover in Boston, which was more than enough time to switch terminals and then pass through customs on my return flight.

The airlines themselves did an outstanding job. Thomas Cook's Airbus 330 was new and the attendants were polished. Sun Country was a little cramped and they charged for everything except water, coffee or sodas, but what do you want for an ultra cheap flight? Keep in mind as you read reviews on this site that people come here to complain. I don't feel this fairly represents the experiences of most folks. I will probably use Airfare.com again to at least check to see what I could save if I just took a bit more control over my travel planning in the future.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2017

I purchase two air tickets. At the airport our flight had to be rebooked and the airline waived all fees. The airline told us that since the ticket was booked through an agent, they had to make changes to the reservation. I was on a call with Airfare for an hour, they spoke with the airline on my phone as well. They were giving me hard time to rebook it, finally agreed and said the confirmation will be sent within an hour, but they never sent it. We were at the airport for hours trying to straight it out.

Airfare agent Phillip confirmed on the phone that both tickets were rebooked for 2 days from that day, free of charge as discussed with the airline, that confirmation is coming. The following morning, the confirmation was still not provided. I followed up with Airfare. They gave me runaround, told me that no one could have made the reservation as it was weekend and they just came to work on Monday (what??).

They suggested to talk to the airline directly, which I did, but the airline could not explain what happened as they did not issue the tickets. I spoke with another 2-3 people at Airfare, no one could help. They told me that now they rebooked one of the tickets, not both. The new ticket was never issued - but the confirmation was sent. The airline confirmed that there is no real ticket! The new confirmation, for the non existing ticket was also very confusing as it had two dates for the return flight. I called Airfare multiple times and got runaround again.

I disputed the charge on my credit card. Airfare charged me for both tickets again, with no authorization! The fraud was reported and is investigated. Now I have multiple charges being investigated as a dispute, not just two original ones. Of course we were not able to use the tickets that were never issued. Oh, we also got an automated notification, that our return flight was rebooked - to the next day... and then it had a 12h layover somewhere in Europe. This would be a disaster traveling with a small baby. Stay away, don't buy from them. They should be closed down.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2017

The only reason we gave this company a 1 star is because they don't have the option for 0 stars. Horrible customer service, horrible to deal with. Their level of comprehension is very minimal. The willingness to help is a big 0. The rudeness is at all levels from associates to managers, they hang up the phone on you as you ask questions, very poor trained personnel. My wife purchased two tickets for her grandparents for an x day, and a few days before grandma got sick so she had to be hospitalized, so couldn't fly. Oh my, what an ordeal to change the dates and to get answers. In our personal opinion, we would never use their service again.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2016

I bought 2 tickets with two different cards. They called to confirm these were my cards, but left voice mails telling nothing at all, just a weird guy talking nonsense. They cancel my tickets, but charged me 2 times more the tickets. Still waiting for the refund of one of the tickets to one of my cards. These guys from Kayak or Airfare.com are totally rude, lost, and don't know what they are dealing with. Last time I use Kayak neither Airfare.com. I go back to CheapTickets.com.

Original review: July 11, 2016

Do not use this company!!! I booked a ticket to London through Kayak and inadvertently bought the ticket through airfare.com. That was a huge mistake! First, they spelled my middle name incorrectly and when I called to have it corrected, they blamed it on me and said there was no way their system could have made that error. I explained I had screenshots of my processing page with the correct name time and date stamped. They were extremely rude and told me that if I wanted my name changed, I'd have to pay a penalty fee.

Then I was asked to extend my trip. I check with the airline directly to see what the fare difference was, I was told there'd be no difference but would have to change with the agent. The agent at airfare.com wanted to charge me a $350 penalty fee on top of a $350 fare difference. When I explained the airline had said there was no difference, they got snappy and said, "Fine, then just deal with them." I had to go through 3 days of calling and emailing to explain that the changes had to be done with them. Each person I spoke to was ruder than the previous. I've never experienced such horrid customer service. This company is awful! In the end, I couldn't make any of the changes... ugh!!!

Original review: June 4, 2016

This company engages in money laundering seriously. I bought an international ticket through Kayak, which led to them. The ticket was about $1,000 (base fare of $900/fees & taxes 100). After a day, they refunded me the $1,000. I started noticing a multitude of transactions on my account over the next few days. First one was $850 and $182, two separate transactions. Then they refunded that. Second one was $780 and $237, two separate transactions.

Such a coincidence that the flight prices had dropped to those exact rates as the days went by. They were using my $1,000 to buy CHEAPER tickets and then give themselves a BIGGER commission. And continuously refunding me every time they would find cheaper tickets. I bought my ticket on the contingency of a base fare of $900 and $100 in fees/taxes. I am disgusted by this conduct. Of course the people on the phone can't explain anything as this company is literally outsourcing people in India for $3/hour to answer the phones. They are rude, unprofessional and talk over you. I was very tempted to block my card after this.

Original review: May 26, 2016

Please do NOT buy ticket from this company!!! Unprofessional, rude, yelling at people, charging extra and can't explain, or won't. I had to change my husband's ticket for Hungary because his doctor said he can't fly with his condition for at least 3 more weeks. So I called Airfare and asked for a change or cancellation, but from the first minute they were so rude and unhelpful. Everything is by email and nobody can explain by phone. I did talk to these people like 6 times, and it is always the same old little no English speaking man picked up, Clark, Id# **, if it is true, because he lied to me every time. First I asked for a manager, he said he has no manager. Last time he had a manager, but unfortunately the manager was so unprofessional. He told me I have to be quiet until he finished talking and he started yells at me. I am usually so calm and I just want explanation, but with this company, NO luck! Please for your own good, do not buy from them!

Original review: April 21, 2016

I am supposed to fly on April 24 but I wanted to postpone my trip. The customer service people said it is not possible to refund the ticket not even hold the ticket. Generally every airline hold the ticket for 1 year but this airline does not provide that facility. We cannot even change the ticket to some other person’s name and if we would like to postpone we have to decide the date now and then pay the change of ticket fee on the particular day itself and also confirm the postponed date on that day. I would absolutely not prefer this airline ever again.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2016

I called three days prior to my trip which was meant to be from Dec 6 -21, 2015 and cancelled because I was sick. I rebooked the flight over the phone on DEC 3!! with an agent who re-booked it for April 30 - May 15, 2016. When I went to check exact date info I was not able to find my new booking. I called up Airfare.com and they said I was a no show to the airport which was not true. They admitted sending a new proposal to the wrong email address so I never received it. I called up many many times trying to fix this.

They kept sending emails to wrong email address. I kept being put through someone else who had no idea what was going on. I explained my story 15 times and they said they understood but did not rectify. They said to call Virgin Australia which I did and they washed their hands of it as well. I was passed like a bouncing ball between booking agent and Virgin Australia with none taking any kind of responsibility. I will never use this airline again. They have so many complaints on Consumer Affairs I think they should be investigated.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2016

So, I too booked my flights through airfare.com, unaware that it wasn't Kayak anymore. I booked them using my fiance's credit card. After I booked, I received a call from a man with a heavy accent, asking if I knew the person whose name was on the card since the name on the ticket was different. I said "yes, he's my fiancé." My fiancé also got a call (since I booked his ticket as well), asking what his relationship was with me. This confused me a little, so I did some googling. I too read all the horrible reviews and of course got extremely worried. Within 24 hours, we both received our confirmation emails with our ticket numbers.

I remained worried just because of some of the reviews I had read. The day before our flight, I received an email from Kayak saying I could check in online. So I did, and printed our boarding passes. They were legitimate and we flew with zero problems. My advice is: be sure of the dates you want to fly. Most of the reviews I read were people who tried to change or cancel their booking. We didn't need to do that, and we had no problems, thank God!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2015

This is a long and involved story but suffice to say, Airfare.com have swindled me out of roughly $3800 over the last 18 months. I booked a flight from New Orleans to Australia about 18 months ago and found I was unable to fly about 2 weeks before my flight was due to depart. After lengthy negotiations with Airfare.com and the airlines I was supposed to fly with (who were helpful but unable to do anything since the booking was through a third party), I was able to keep my credit and change my flights, at great expense of course (I think the fee to change my booking was somewhere in the order of $800). While this was prohibitively expensive, since the original flight was also pricey (several thousand dollars), it seemed worthwhile.

Cut to a few weeks ago, when I found out through my lawyer that I would be unable to fly due to my current visa status. Essentially, leaving the United States at this time could result in me being disallowed to re-enter the country, so in her own words "it's not worth the risk". I try to do the right thing and contact Airfare.com to let them know I need to cancel, not really expecting to get any credit back. More than anything, I was trying to do right by this company and the airline. It's a pain when passengers no-show. So I call the number of the Airfare.com website. The first THREE times I call, I'm put through to a customer service rep who, after saying 'hello', doesn't speak to me at all. I don't know if the call dropped (it was still connected?) or whether they just didn't feel like working. But either way, by the fourth time I called, I was pretty annoyed.

I tried to explain the situation to the customer service rep who seemed more interested in talking over the top of me. He told me in no uncertain terms that I could NOT get any credit back on the flight and when I asked to speak to a supervisor, he initially refused. It wasn't until I told him very calmly and firmly that I knew I was entitled to speak to a supervisor that he finally put me on hold and transferred me. By the time the supervisor got on the line, I had decided that there was no reason for me to speak to another rude, helpful person in a call center on the other side of the world. Previous reviewers are right, it's near impossible to speak to a fluent English speaker who works for this company. When I asked the supervisor if I could be transferred to someone in an office in the United States, she simply said "No". About 5 times.

Finally, she told me to just email. At this point, I was so annoyed that I agreed. Not only was the connection bad/muffled but nobody spoke anything better than broken English. And they seemed more interested in reciting a script than listening to what I was actually asking them. Email seemed preferable. Upon emailing Airfare.com, I was told that I would have to pay A CANCELLATION FEE. I didn't get around to finding out how much the fee was because at this point, I firmly emailed them back and told them "Haha, no way. I'll just no-show if that's the case." They then proceeded to call ME about 6 times even though each time, I told them very firmly that I was not going to pay to cancel my flight and that I would appreciate if they stopped calling me.

Finally, I called Delta and Virgin to find out if I could do anything on their end. Guess what? They had NO RECORD of my booking. I am not currently listed in their system (as of today, November 9 2015), despite the fact that I am supposed to fly out of the United States on a Delta/Virgin flight on November 30th. In the words of the Delta rep, "your third party hasn't paid us for the flights yet". Even though I booked over 18 months ago. Right. In short, AVOID. This company says they are based in Washington, they are not. They are based in India. It's impossible to speak with someone who is fluent in English. They will give you the runaround and charge you excess fees whenever they can. And it seems like even if I had turned up to the airport and tried to board my flight on the 30th, there's a good chance the airline would have had no record of me as a passenger! Not worth it. I wish Kayak would stop using them as a suggested third party.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2015

We purchased air travel tickets from airfare.com via Kayak on March 26, 2015 for our two week honeymoon starting on September 14th, 2015. We paid for the tickets in full using our American Express credit card in the amount of $2,580.26. Twenty-Four Hours before our trip, we tried to check-in on Sunday, September 13, 2015 to select our seats. We were having trouble online, so we called American Airlines who was administering the flight. When we spoke with the AA Rep she told us that we were unable to due so being that we were on an international flight, and that we would have to check-in in person the next day.

When we arrived to the San Francisco International Airport (SFO), we were asked to step aside as they had no record of our flight details, or any other account info that would put us in possession of any tickets and/or on the flight. During this inquiry with American Airlines to find our tickets and flight information, we ended up missing our flight. American Airlines said we could not board another flight (to Chicago) to catch up to our first stop (from Chicago to Rome) because domestic travelers have priority over international travelers and the flights were already full. Then, American Airlines instructed us to contact British Airways for further assistance since the tickets information was with their company and American Airlines was only facilitating the flight. After a lengthy wait on hold, British Airways informed us that they canceled the connecting flights because we missed the first flight to Chicago.

They informed us the insurance we bought was not through them and that we must contact the insurance company we bought the tickets from originally for further assistance and for insurance information. We then contacted Allianz who was insurance company Airfare.com recommended to us and they instructed us to go home, and that we would not be traveling that day. The Rep from Allianz, Jeff, told me very sternly to go home. That WE WOULD NOT BE TRAVELING THAT DAY. He told me that I would have to file a claim via Allianz and hope to get some money back.

I didn't understand why I wouldn't get all my money back and he just kept repeating to me to go home and to check my email and that I would have to file a claim. I asked him again and he said sorry and hung up on me. After our two hour drive home we filled out an insurance form with Allianz and waited longer than the prescribed 10 days (more like 45 days). They denied our claim on the basis that, the plane has left so the tickets have no further worth.

We attempted to contact them 4 more times, but they were not answering their phones. No automatic voicemail or auto-directory. Simply just letting it ring. We noticed that this situation was not the first time someone had this problem with this company after reading various reviews online and we then proceeded to complain to American Express. A formal CLAIM was filed through American Express on September 26, 2015 for both Allianz as well as for Airfare.com. American Express attempted to issue a refund/cancel payment. Each time, they were given a different reason why they could not give us a refund while included contradicting answers. The first answer was that we in fact were on the plane and used our 'e-tickets'.

Once we documented that we never left the state of California, let alone the country, they then changed their answer to say that we never even showed up to the airport. The third time we re-opened our claim with AMEX we're told that it is not in their policy to refund because our reason is not a qualifying issue. It seems to us, that if we are telling the same story over and over again and they are changing theirs each time to fit their needs a bit better each time, someone is being dishonest. My spouse and I are disappointed that we missed a once in a life time opportunity to spend two weeks in Italy on our Honeymoon and treat ourselves for all of our hard work and sacrifice. I lost time (3 weeks) from work that could not be reversed.

My spouse and I lost the money that we spent on hotel deposits, non-refundable museum tour fees, a non-refundable and expensive time share gift from our parents and then the obvious; our very expensive airfare that caused all the problems. We want this company to be held responsible for taking money from us and not giving anything to us in return and Kayak needs to stop doing business with this awful company!!! This has been an awful experience.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

Normally I don't write reviews, but in this case could not help myself. Worst possible site ever! Kayak directed me to this site. I purchased my ticket but wanted to change it. They quoted a price of $350 for the change and $102 for the fare difference. Then when I notice the charge on my credit card, it was a charge of $312.23 for difference in airfare. Customer service people are super rude, speak broken English and basically no one knows what's going on in this site. I hate this site and am never booking through this again. If I could pick 1/2 a star or rate them negative I would.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

I booked a flight last September and was unable to take the trip. I tried moving the ticket at the time and for a $615 ticket they wanted to charge me a $350 change fee and almost $300 additional fee. So, double what I originally paid. I chalked it up to the fact that maybe it was because I was trying to move it to dates that were too soon. At all times when dealing with them, you can't get anyone to help you on the phone. They hang up on you. They insist you go through a website which gives you totally unrealistic prices. It's all a scam. I had a year to use the ticket. I tried again today. They want another $745 for a new ticket, that to purchase directly from the airline would cost $435. As we all can see from their terrible rating on ConsumerAffairs, we have all been taken.

I did find out that if I would have gone to Chase within 60 days of purchasing the ticket, their fraud department would have tried to help. That may help one of you, if you have purchased it on a Chase credit card. I've also reported them to the BBB. I don't expect to ever see the money again, just hope that by posting here, it will save someone else the hassle or maybe someone will step in and put a stop to this fraudulent company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

My daughter and her friend want to go to Belize so she (and I) went online to look for airfares. She was looking on Airfare.com and was interested in a flight with Avianca and selected it to research price. We selected dates to and from but before we could get the price of the ticket we had to put my credit card information in. We did that and it said the information was wrong so we put the information in again and we finally saw the price of the ticket but it was too high so we hit cancel. We have never gotten anything from this company like a confirmation email saying we booked and it wasn't until I was checking my card because we did buy a ticket with another company that I saw a $2K charge for Avianca.

It took a week for Avianca to research this before we even found out who had charged these tickets to my card. I called Airfare.com today after email them and getting some responses; the last one a bit disturbing stating that I cannot get a refund (see below). In that email it also stated that we actually booked 4 flights but they could tell that the second booking was a duplicate and only charged me for the first booking. I think that had something to do with the website not processing my credit card properly the first time.

"This is the only option you have. We have done nothing wrong from our side as we don't have any of your info. You booked it online and you agreed to the terms and conditions. Please reply so we can cancel the booking before departure to avoid the no-show, otherwise you will lose the entire funds." If I booked a ticket and they emailed me how come they don't have any of my info? The man I talked with initially was short-tempered and quite nasty, said why was I so worried about this if I filed a dispute with my credit card company and he hung up on me. I called back and was hung up on twice then the third time I was told to talk to a Mr. AJ in their dispute department in 30 minutes and talk to him. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company but SOMEONE has to INVESTIGATE this company.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I called the first time to speak with someone in customer service. After 10 minutes of being on hold, someone opened the line and then hung up, so I tried again and was placed on hold for another 10 minutes. Then an angry person came to the line and he sounded like he was in a small room with bunch of other operators. The person was very unprofessional and down right jerk. I felt that I was being interrogated by the Russian KGB. I felt that he was annoyed by me and my call; I have no Idea how this company is going to stay in business. I travel a lot and If I ever come up to Airfare.com site I will refuse to do business with them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

I can't tell you how much of a scam this company is. I booked a flight and about 10hrs later I called and realized I needed to change the flight. Every other SOURCE ON THE INTERNET GIVES 24HRS TO REFUND A FLIGHT EXCEPT this terrible organization. They offered me a change fee of $750. Stay away from this site. Kayak needs to remove them from their options.

Original review: July 16, 2015

This company is the worst anybody will ever deal with. I called customer service to change my flight because my flight was delayed. Somebody answer the phone that sound like an answer machine, kept talking without hearing a word of what I said then hung up the phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Everything that I have read bad about this company happened to me. I am convinced that any positive feedback is on part of employees posting it. Booked a flight 6 months in advance, Airfare cancelled flight 1 week prior to date. Said I could have refund or change flight days. I called the airline with which I was supposed to fly. They said they were a very small airline and never flew on weekend and I should have never been able to confirm those days. Women from airline said the same day I purchased my ticket they notified the booking company that it was invalid. Bookairfare.com waited 6 months to notify me, which meant I had to purchase new tickets the week before my flight. I asked for a refund and Airfare said to request a refund after the time of my original flight.

I requested a refund again after the flight date and was told that it was being processed and would receive a refund in two weeks. One month later after not receiving a refund I called again and was told that I wasn't getting a refund because I waited until after the date of my flight. I have everything in writing via email that they told me and they still continue to deny everything. I am currently following up with legal action. Customer service for this company is rude and you will be hung up on 98% of the time you call as soon as you say you have a problem. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!! I have reported this company to the DOT and Better Business Bureau.

Not sure about Airfare.com?
Take our two minute quiz to find the right Travel Agencies for you.

Airfare.com Company Information

www.airfare.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business