2.1/5 (420 ratings)

About Airfare.com

Online since 1996, Airfare.com offers cheap flights and cheap hotels reservations. Airfare.com offers specially negotiated, deeply discounted airline tickets up to 70% off.

Airfare.com Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airfare.com?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airfare.com?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

I booked a flight last September and was unable to take the trip. I tried moving the ticket at the time and for a $615 ticket they wanted to charge me a $350 change fee and almost $300 additional fee. So, double what I originally paid. I chalked it up to the fact that maybe it was because I was trying to move it to dates that were too soon. At all times when dealing with them, you can't get anyone to help you on the phone. They hang up on you. They insist you go through a website which gives you totally unrealistic prices. It's all a scam. I had a year to use the ticket. I tried again today. They want another $745 for a new ticket, that to purchase directly from the airline would cost $435. As we all can see from their terrible rating on ConsumerAffairs, we have all been taken.

I did find out that if I would have gone to Chase within 60 days of purchasing the ticket, their fraud department would have tried to help. That may help one of you, if you have purchased it on a Chase credit card. I've also reported them to the BBB. I don't expect to ever see the money again, just hope that by posting here, it will save someone else the hassle or maybe someone will step in and put a stop to this fraudulent company.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2015

My daughter and her friend want to go to Belize so she (and I) went online to look for airfares. She was looking on Airfare.com and was interested in a flight with Avianca and selected it to research price. We selected dates to and from but before we could get the price of the ticket we had to put my credit card information in. We did that and it said the information was wrong so we put the information in again and we finally saw the price of the ticket but it was too high so we hit cancel. We have never gotten anything from this company like a confirmation email saying we booked and it wasn't until I was checking my card because we did buy a ticket with another company that I saw a $2K charge for Avianca.

It took a week for Avianca to research this before we even found out who had charged these tickets to my card. I called Airfare.com today after email them and getting some responses; the last one a bit disturbing stating that I cannot get a refund (see below). In that email it also stated that we actually booked 4 flights but they could tell that the second booking was a duplicate and only charged me for the first booking. I think that had something to do with the website not processing my credit card properly the first time.

"This is the only option you have. We have done nothing wrong from our side as we don't have any of your info. You booked it online and you agreed to the terms and conditions. Please reply so we can cancel the booking before departure to avoid the no-show, otherwise you will lose the entire funds." If I booked a ticket and they emailed me how come they don't have any of my info? The man I talked with initially was short-tempered and quite nasty, said why was I so worried about this if I filed a dispute with my credit card company and he hung up on me. I called back and was hung up on twice then the third time I was told to talk to a Mr. AJ in their dispute department in 30 minutes and talk to him. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company but SOMEONE has to INVESTIGATE this company.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2015

I called the first time to speak with someone in customer service. After 10 minutes of being on hold, someone opened the line and then hung up, so I tried again and was placed on hold for another 10 minutes. Then an angry person came to the line and he sounded like he was in a small room with bunch of other operators. The person was very unprofessional and down right jerk. I felt that I was being interrogated by the Russian KGB. I felt that he was annoyed by me and my call; I have no Idea how this company is going to stay in business. I travel a lot and If I ever come up to Airfare.com site I will refuse to do business with them.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2015

I can't tell you how much of a scam this company is. I booked a flight and about 10hrs later I called and realized I needed to change the flight. Every other SOURCE ON THE INTERNET GIVES 24HRS TO REFUND A FLIGHT EXCEPT this terrible organization. They offered me a change fee of $750. Stay away from this site. Kayak needs to remove them from their options.

Original review: July 16, 2015

This company is the worst anybody will ever deal with. I called customer service to change my flight because my flight was delayed. Somebody answer the phone that sound like an answer machine, kept talking without hearing a word of what I said then hung up the phone. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 10, 2015

Everything that I have read bad about this company happened to me. I am convinced that any positive feedback is on part of employees posting it. Booked a flight 6 months in advance, Airfare cancelled flight 1 week prior to date. Said I could have refund or change flight days. I called the airline with which I was supposed to fly. They said they were a very small airline and never flew on weekend and I should have never been able to confirm those days. Women from airline said the same day I purchased my ticket they notified the booking company that it was invalid. Bookairfare.com waited 6 months to notify me, which meant I had to purchase new tickets the week before my flight. I asked for a refund and Airfare said to request a refund after the time of my original flight.

I requested a refund again after the flight date and was told that it was being processed and would receive a refund in two weeks. One month later after not receiving a refund I called again and was told that I wasn't getting a refund because I waited until after the date of my flight. I have everything in writing via email that they told me and they still continue to deny everything. I am currently following up with legal action. Customer service for this company is rude and you will be hung up on 98% of the time you call as soon as you say you have a problem. PLEASE SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHE AND NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!! I have reported this company to the DOT and Better Business Bureau.

Original review: June 18, 2015

I booked a flight from Portland OR to Amritsar India. Before 10 days I was about to travel someone told me I need Canadian Transit visa, which I could not get in 10 days. There was no information about visa requirement on the website. I called them and they said they could not cancel and refund the ticket but then can give me an open ticket valid for one year. I was happy and booked another flight. After 7 months I wrote them to send me a new ticket which I could use. I called them, wrote few emails but not reply. I had to cancel my plan.

A month later I again raised the request to reuse my ticket. Dropped 5 emails, called multiple times. There was no response for the email and customer care is so arrogant and ill mannered that they would shout at you as you made a mistake booking a flight. I do not even know how they could be so ignorant and hard headed a part of customer care team. This is a hopeless website. I actually holds Kayak.com responsible for this as well. They should not list these websites at all. I am so upset that I am thinking of suing them for all the inconvenience and bad behavior.

Original review: June 16, 2015

Purchases a ticket through Kayak.com and had to cancel it. The representative on the phone said that my money would be 100% back guaranteed. So I went to purchase another ticket and was charged twice. I have no idea why they charged me twice and went on to talk to the bank. They said they would contact them and still haven't gotten a response from them. Charged me twice for a ticket, no money back and the customer service is horrible and rude. Now I have to close my bank account to avoid any future charges from this company.

Original review: June 3, 2015

I searched for flight from Toronto to Istanbul on Kayak.com. I sorted all direct flight results and chose the cheapest direct flight which was $4535 in US dollars total for 5 people. Then Kayak transferred me to airfare.com where I purchase the ticket. Later on I saw that they charged additional $122 total for foreign transaction fee. I called airfare.com and they told me to contact Amex. The credit card company referred me back to Airfare. I emailed and called Airfare. They responded back saying that they reached out to Turkish Airlines and waiting for a response from them. I called and email several times for the last two months and got the same response.

When I called today, the customer service and the supervisor named **, according to him, were extremely rude and disrespectful. Put me on hold for more than 15 minutes, hanged up on me and cut me off constantly - not listening my concerns. Avoid airfare.com. I am also very disappointed with KAYAK.COM to see how they work with very cheap companies. When I called Kayak, they said they are just a 3rd party search engine. I lost my confidence and belief in Kayak as well.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I booked a flight at kayak.com going overseas. Two days later I received a voicemail, it was very hard to understand because of the accent. But after listening a couple times I heard that I needed to call back about my recently booked flight. I called back (to the number that was left in the voicemail). The guy that answered was EXTREMELY rude and had a terrible attitude, I had to hang up after 4 separate consecutive rude comments without even getting the reason why I had to call back. After that I received a voicemail AGAIN and the voicemail said (whispering): **... **... Ok, you **… I didn't even know how to react.

I checked my email after I got off work that day, I received two from Airfare. First one said that I needed to verify my credit card information (which is understandable) the time of the e-mail was 4.30 PM, and then the second one at 4.53 PM saying that my reservation was cancelled. So I had 23 minutes during work hours to deal with that. As soon as I was done with my work I called the company back, completely stressed out that all my other flights and hotel reservations will be worthless and I'm going to lose all the money that I paid was possibly gone due to a disgruntled employee. The person that answered the phone (after 15 minutes on hold) was much more helpful and resolved my issues. However, the EXTREMELY rude voicemail is just unbelievable, that is the worst thing I've heard in my life!!! Never going to use Airfare again in my life if this is not resolved to my satisfaction.

Original review: May 12, 2015

I purchased a air ticket to fly return from Montreal to Frankfort on Kayak.com and was redirected to purchase from Airfare.com. No problems - paid the 1400$ realized that it was a Tango Fare and requested that Airfare.com change the fare class to Flex. After 2 days I got a negative on their behalf. They said that Air Canada did not have any seat. I was on the flight and AC had more than 50 empty seat. So bottom line they lied to me and did nothing. This will be the last time that I use this company.

Original review: May 9, 2015

I booked an international flight with Airfare.com. My wife and I were concerned about receiving the air miles towards our United flights since we would both receive Silver status when the miles were added to my account (over 15,000 miles for the flight). To ensure this I called Airfare.com, and spoke with a supervisor. He ASSURED me that we would receive miles for the flight - I gave our United mileage plus numbers and then also sent them by email to Airfare.com. When I completed the flights I was told by the airlines that no miles would be credited given I was booked on "S" class.

I have called Airfare.com 5 times (they refuse to let me talk to a supervisor. I am very polite on the phone wanting to reasonably talk and try to resolve a problem asking for a supervisor to discuss this with) and emailed them 7 times - NO RESPONSE! The problem was that they verbally guaranteed the miles! NO RESPONSE is just as alarming as the error they made! NEVER AGAIN!!! Don't get taken in by the slightly reduced fares!!!

Original review: May 1, 2015

Cannot change and cancel the tickets. The telephone was linked to a rude idiot person. Cannot spell English at all! I wish I could see these reviews before. And I have to say, why Kayak linked me this rubbish website? Never use Kayak again.

Original review: April 27, 2015

I've learned my lesson about using third party travel agents online. I expected to have to pay a higher change fee to change our flight, but was originally told a price over three times higher than what the airline would have charged! But that's not why I'm posting. ** was so rude to my wife on the phone that he brought her to tears! When I took the phone from her, I was lied to by him, and then he hung up on me! Once I got to speak with his manager, I asked for ** to apologize. He called to apologize, but it only got worse from there! His apology was (unsurprisingly) insincere and went down hill from there. He was defensive, argumentative, tried to justify his bad behavior, interrupted me repeatedly, and finally hung up on me again! Use Airfare.com at your own risk. I will never use them again.

Original review: April 10, 2015

We booked through Kayak and didn't realize until after everything was booked that it had gone to a third party via an email. That was shady; we should have known who we were booking with BEFORE submitting cc info. We booked tickets to Paris and realized a couple weeks later we needed to change the itinerary. Changing flights is a process that should be fairly easy - pay a fee and rebook on a different flight. Hard? Damn, near impossible with this company.

After navigating their terms several times, which are contradictory to much of the other information on their site, and calling them several times, we were stonewalled with rude customer service, wait times exceeding an hour and being disconnected. We were bombarded with email requests to click to contractual terms in canceling our flight, agreeing to pay a fee that they wouldn't tell us until we agreed to the terms. They wanted our cc info to pay for fees that they wouldn't tell us until AFTER we gave them our cc info. We only did this after making a call to Amex and receiving their guarantee they would go after them if anything untoward happened.

In the meantime, while waiting for these god awful people to get back to us, we called British Airways to see what they could do. They weren't helpful at first, claiming they had no responsibility as the tickets were sold through a third party. However, after railing on them for close to an hour, we were connected to the division that handles bookings with travel agencies. Through them, we learned that these tickets were actually refundable, minus a $250 fee; the travel agency had been deceiving us, claiming that they couldn't refund them because the airline wouldn't allow it.

Moreover, British Airways quoted a price of $250 change fee per ticket that they charge. This agency quoted us $700 to change tickets, plus an extra $250 dollars on a different flight that was priced LOWER than the original flight when we started this process. They flat out told us British Airways wouldn't allow a refund. We got all the names and extensions of the people at BA who shared this information and were able to they telling the truth; this company was price gouging and taking advantage of the consumer. At this point, we decided to forgo the simple change of flights and wanted a refund and to terminate any transactions. In short, these people shouldn't get our money.

Here's the worst part- when we tried to handle this over the phone, they insisted we needed to file a claim. In that process, they insisted we had to click on the terms essentially agreeing to pay their quote which they claimed came directly from British Airways in order to start the process. They tried to casually explain that if we wrote a memo in the box explaining our communication with British Airways, it would negate their terms and we would get a refund. There was no other way to go unless we agreed to their terms in changing the tickets.

And another point of fraud- They claim on their site that BA allows up to two checked bags per person. After inquiring with BA we learned that they only allow for one checked bag. At this point, we will one last phone call to them to give them the opportunity to make this right. After that we are filing with the Better Business Bureau and sending American Express after them for fraud.

Resolution response: April 1, 2015

So, I did get a response immediately from knight apologizing for the rude behavior of their customer service.

I must say I was being a little tough with the 1 star rating.
End of the day,
1) I was able to get a Good price
2) My dates changed as needed
3) Billed without any hassle

4) Communication was prompt

I cannot let one bad apple ruin the basket...I am changing the overall star rating to 3.

Original review: March 29, 2015

I booked a return flight ticket from kayak.com which routed me through Airfare.com. I normally don't go by reviews because everyone has their own experience. However, what happened with Airfare.com is ridiculous. I am posting this review after 6 weeks, again because I thought it was just a one-off experience or the customer service representative might have been having a bad day. When another of my friend went through the same ordeal, I had to post the review.

Feb 16 was my scheduled day of journey. However, I had to make changes to my journey date and move it by two days. I just wanted to call the help desk and check. ** (I am guessing is an alias) was the person who answered my call and mentioned, "Click 'Change by E-mail' and fill the form." I acknowledged and ended the call. The form was not very user-friendly. It was 700 dollars and my return journey was at stake. So wanted to make sure I get everything right. So I make another call, and this is where it starts going down. ** answers again. The language used was, "Sir, how many times should I inform you the same?" I apologized and said, "I understand the frustration but please be with me. I want to make sure that I fill this correct." He said in a very rude tone, "SIR, IT'S A FORM. PLEASE FILL IT. YOU CAN'T HAVE ME ONLINE FOR FIIIIIIIIIVE (five was stressed for almost 3-5 seconds) MINUTES."

I am a project manager myself and I have seen people having bad days. I did not react to what he had to say and disconnected the call, thinking I will figure out. Basic thing here was that I needed to know where I should mention my new travel dates so that I get a quote from Airfare.com. The form did not have those fields. So I called again and surprise, the same person answers and starts shouting at me again. The third call went for 10 minutes and again the guy could not answer me and this time I did question back saying, "As a customer rep, you should be helping me but not yelling at me." I got really frustrated. This form had a "Other" or some option with a huge text box. I just mentioned everything I wanted in that box and I got a reply back after 24 hours. As much I appreciate the response and overall experience with the website and my travel, I totally find a fault with the customer service department.

I request Airfare.com to get their house in order. You are a consumer facing website with a ton of competition. If you cannot serve your customers with respect, I am not sure what your operating model is. I hope your customer service department don't start their day with, "Hey guys!! Today we gonna piss off 80% of our calls and make sure none of them return to our website." That's the vibe I got and am I running away from your website forever. Anybody in my circle at any point mentions an air travel, I voluntarily make a statement, "If it is routed through Airfare.com, do not proceed and start over your search."

Original review: March 28, 2015

This has been the worst experience of buying tickets to fly from Nashville to Manchester, England. I was over charged by $1,535. The customer service were rude and put the phone down on me twice (**). They refused to take responsibility until I said “I would write this”. Then they told me this extra payment would be back in my bank account within the next 5 days. (Initially I had to send bank statements blah blah....) Then he told me it was weekend for them there and to call back on Monday. Not 24 hr. support then.

I have been on the phone to my bank, the fraud squad, retail disputes and no one can get them to release my money so I can use my bank account. How can that be? I don't even know if my flight is even booked as Virgin Atlantic, who the tickets are with have no acknowledgment of payment yet so won’t deal with me. So I have to wait and see if the money is returned within the next 5 days. In the meantime I can’t access my bank account. Nightmare.

Original review: March 19, 2015

The customer care and service is worst ever seen. Even 1 star is also high. Due to medical emergency I booked a ticket and was not confirmed. Later I cancelled my ticket, Airfare didn't pay the full amount back. Airfare is the worst agent.

Dear Customer,

We’re regretful that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you.

If you do have a booking with our company, please send me the confirmation so I can help you with your complaint. As per our record, we were not able to find any booking under your name or under your email address.

Original review: March 19, 2015

I booked Etihad airways flight ticket from SFO to Bangalore (two way) though kayak.com for $1221.47 and the ticket was routed through airfare.com. When I tried to change my return ticket from April 4th, 2015 to March 21st, 2015, they charged me $482.00 and they have a weird process where they will call back in 5-10 days after making a change request through their website and you need to accept the quote within next 30 mins. Their customer service reps are very very rude and ticket change charges are astronomical.

After I reached Bangalore, due to an emergency I decided to change the return ticket again from March 21st to April 3rd for which I called Etihad airline and they processed the ticket change and I paid $240. AirFare.com somehow figured out my actual reservation made through them for March 21st was changed to April 3rd and without my consent/authorization they charged $1,221.47 (exact amount I paid initially for my reservation). When I called the customer service, they justified saying I need to pay $1221.47 for flight ticket change and was never able to explain why the charges are made without my consent. In total I paid $3164.94 for which I could have booked a first class ticket.

I've never ever experienced this kind of service anywhere and they literally made me go bankrupt. Their customer service is horrible and usually disconnect the calls when there is a question they cannot answer. To all other customer pls be aware of the scam and avoid airfare.com.

Dear Customer,

As per our record you were charged extra of $26.00 as the original amount you agreed was $1221.47, but due to system error you were charged $1247.47 correct? However, you called your credit card company and filed a dispute on the entire amount of $1247.47 instead of $26.00, you knew that you booked the ticket for $1221.47.

After that you send us the request to do some changes to your ticket and we have done the changes as per your agreement. Three months later we received the dispute from your credit card company that you filed a dispute on the full amount on the ticket. Please be advise you used the departure and you made changes to your ticket and after that you called the bank/credit card company and you stopped the payment.

Is this fair? No really. We do understand that a mistake happens and you should have notified us that you were charged $26.00 extra, and we could issue the refund to your account right away. When we received the dispute, we charged the card on file to pay the money to Airline as you already flown/used the entire ticket.

Then you called us that why you were charged $1221.47, and we advised you that you filed a dispute and we collect the money. We advised you in order to solve this issue, you must remove the dispute and we will refund the $26.00 to your account.

We have the copy of the bank statement from you that you did receive the credit of $26.00 and we did credit the amount we charged you.

We do understand that customers are always right, but if you communicate with us, we will come to a conclusion. We are human and we are doing our best to provide you the best possible services, but if you file a complaint and not say the truth then it is not fair.

We do apologize for the poor level of services you received from our services center, but please keep in mind that every company has positive and negative reviews.

Factual basis uncertain
Original review: March 13, 2015

I wish I had checked the reviews prior of having my nightmare. I have never dealt with anyone that actually keeps a "customer service" crew that is trained to lie and lie and lie.... You would think that after 5 attempts you've finally reached a decent person that you would trust and it's nothing than just another lie. As the rest here I received a confirmation email for 3 international tickets. I checked with the airline (BA) and it showed a confirmed reservation. 2 days later I receive a call that my credit card was declined and was given a new PNR which I again confirmed with BA and it was there. I needed special seats for my 2 disabled kids so I called BA to reserve and was informed that my confirmation code doesn't exist.

I called airfare.com (average wait time is 30-45 minutes) and they tell me that my card was declined (I checked with my CC, they confirmed that there was no attempt made). I immediately understood that I'm a victim of some sort of fraud..... CHEAP TICKETS DO NOT EXIST! The biggest absurd was when the girl offered me to pay additional $50 per ticket so they can try and book the tickets (once I read the reviews I learned that they do it systematically) .... I was promised to have tickets issued within the hour... of course this didn't happen...

I call again (another 45 minutes on hold), now I speak with the nicest person ever... He promises to personally email the tickets within 2 hours.... and of course this didn't happen. So I call again (this time 55 minute wait) and ask for status on my reservation and the answer was: "We are unable to get your tickets as of now, it takes time"... I asked: "How much time?" A: "I don't know".... I asked for cancellation which I received instantly by email.... They must have been pleased to cancel as they couldn't justify their bluff. WOW.... I can't believe that an "educated consumer" like me was trapped into this nightmare.... what a lesson to myself and to YOU out there.

Dear Customer,

The trip ID you provided it does not belong to us. We are Airfare.com and the trip id you give Trip ID 282724 it belongs to Bookaifare.com Please go to www.bookairfare.com and file your complaint with them directly. http://www.bookairfare.com/
USA / Canada Postal Address:

BookAirFare, 1000 N West Street, Suite 1200 Delaware - 19801

Toll Free 24/7
US/Canada: 1-855-282-6507

fax: 1-302-353-4175

If you require urgent assistance after hours, please email us on Fares@bookairfare.com as we monitor our emails 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will answer your email within 10 minutes.

Technical Support

For technical support, please visit our on-line help desk system. If you are unable to find the answer to your question there, you can e-mail us at help@bookairfare.com or call 1-855-282-6507

Advertising, Partnerships, Affiliate Info.

To contact our orporate office regarding advertising on our site, partnerships, affiliate programs, or any other business ideas please e-mail our business development group at help@bookairfare.com

Supplier Relations

If you're an Airline, Hotel, Car Rental or Vacation company that wants to contact us, please email us on Suppliers@bookairfare.com

Contact form

Just fill out the form below. We will try to get back to you within 6 hours, but sometimes the lines get super busy. However, we guarantee you will hear from us in the next 24 hours. If the matter is urgent, please do not hesitate to call us.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Feb. 27, 2015

Booked a flight on Wednesday and received a booking reference number and flight details. I then received no less than 7 emails in 24 hours directing me to call customer service as part of my booking had been put "on hold". After calling this afternoon I was informed that my booking never went through as the promotion had finished and had been sold out before I booked a seat. I was then told that the last 15 seats at this price had sold yesterday - a day after I made my booking. I was given the option of flying a day later than planned at an increased rate and with a 9-hour layover. This is absolutely outrageous and I am horrified by the tone and attitude that I received from the custom service representative that I spoke with. All I'm asking is that booking is honored at the price that I agreed to pay. I've never experienced anything like this before and I am absolutely horrified that a company would allow this to happen. I am absolutely disgusted.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Feb. 17, 2015

I bought a round trip SFO-UIO-SFO for $946 from Airfare.com (my first and last time) and within a week, discovered that Aeromexico website only sold for $599! I paid an extra of $347! Aeromexico website price is still cheaper than Airfare.com. I understand that air ticket price fluctuate but there is no deep discount offered by Airfare and you need to do your homework. Also, Airfare.com did not provide the airline confirmation code. I realized that when I tried to manage my trip in Aeromexico website. Airfare only provide you their own confirmation code in the email. You need to call them and ask for it.

Dear Customer,

Airfare.com does not have a “Price Match Guarantee”. Understand that flight prices change constantly. So if you book a reservation online, agree to the price, and later find a cheaper flight Airfare.com will not match the price. When you booked the flight online that was the price and you agreed to it. We did not charge you anything extra. We only make $5 or less per booking.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Feb. 12, 2015

Don't use airfare.com!! People barely speak English and not very friendly or polite! Had to call three times still no satisfactory result. I booked a flight with airfare.com less than two weeks ago for a flight from Boston to Tokyo to Hong Kong in July. Tried to change flight to another flight (same flight listed on their website right now just going Boston to Tokyo, same date, same time. Wouldn't let me - said I was re-routing my flight - (not - I wanted to cancel original flight and book new flight.)

They said they would do an "exception" and charge "only" $550 a person - (6 of us travelling) and wait 4-6 for our refund of the original tickets - minus the $550/person. Then we could book a new flight ourselves on their website. They said the only changes they allow are the date, but same airline, destination, and time, and still pay a fee of course. Once we get our refunds, assuming the flight we want is still available for 6 people - we will not be using airfare.com!

Dear Customer,

As per our record yesterday we have processed a refund of $600.00 to the original form of payment. Please allow at least 10-14 days for the refund to appear in your account. If you have any other concern, please let us know.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Feb. 7, 2015

They say they're located in DC, but like others here, when I called, the guy's accent was so bad it was hard to understand. I purchased a Swiss ticket on Kayak, BOS-ZRH; at the time, I had no idea I was buying from a lowlife consolidator. Today I called Airfare.com to find out about cancellation costs. The guy said he'd have to get a quote to allow it!!! And SIX HOURS later, they sent an email with a link to a page that said: "We will not cancel/change your original flight(s) unless you accept the NEW proposal with the required fees," and "I agree to this rules & I need a quote please," without saying what the new proposal and fees are! I've complained to Kayak and put a stop on the credit card charge. CROOKS. Or, at very least, they speak such poor English they're unqualified to do business in the US.

Dear Customer,

Once your reservation has been purchased, these tickets are NON-REFUNDABLE / NON-RE-ROUTABLE. Under absolutely no circumstances will the airline refund these highly discounted airline tickets. The ticket(s) you are purchasing are completely NON-CHANGEABLE after the first travel date has passed. If you already stopped the payment on your booking number Y48DO5, then Airline will suspend your booking and you will lose the entire amount you paid. Please make sure there is no dispute filed with the bank on your Airline reservation.

If you have any concern, please contact us. We will be more than happy to assist you.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Feb. 6, 2015

I booked a flight today from LAX to London Heathrow on Kayak. Like many other reviewers I didn't realize that I was being routed to airfare.com; once I looked at my confirmation email I noticed that my name had been misspelled, and that the date of our return flight was WRONG. I triple checked all my info before submitting, because I know it can be hard to change! I immediately call customer service, can hardly understand what the guy is saying, he sent me an email with instructions about requesting a name change that would require a copy of my passport. I call back, asking to cancel.

It's been only 8 hours since I booked this flight, and I'm refused. I get angry, ask to speak to manager, he keeps saying "management won't make an exception", and I keep saying "I'm not asking you that, I'm asking to speak to your manager." I get put on hold for 45 minutes and finally hang up, have called back several times and the line is never picked up.

According to the British Airways website (the airline I'm booked with) a name change for a simple misspelling is a quick and easy phone call. I want to cancel and book through the airline at this point (for the same GD price btw) and now after reading these horror stories I am scared I'll be out $2k. I'm also wondering if this is a violation of the DOT requirement for airlines to hold a reservation for 24 hours.

Dear Customer,

Once the ticket has been issued the name on the ticket cannot be changed.

All reservations must be made in the EXACT name of the person(s) traveling - no nicknames. For international travel the name on the reservation must be EXACTLY as it appears on the traveler's passport. Once reservations have been made and you have provided payment information, your reservation CANNOT be changed.

However, Airfare.com does recognize that mistakes can be made. We will do what we can to see if we can correct such mistakes if and when they occur. These changes must be minor changes such as; miss-spellings, maiden name and married name for passports, etc. Not complete traveler changes. We will get in contact with the airlines to see if they will allow such changes under the circumstance, but it is up to the airline to allow a name change. Please keep in mind that changing the name on a reservation is considered and treated as a regular change and normal change fees will apply.

You booked the ticket on February 05, 2015 and you called us on February 06 at 12:13am which was passed the free cancellation window and any changes require fees. If you called us on the same day before 11:59pm, we could cancel the booking with no charge. You called us the next day and it was too late. Please keep in mind that we do not have 24 hours cancellation policy. For more info, please click this link: http://www.airfare.com/airfare5/content/regulations.aspx

We noticed that you filed a dispute with the credit card company. We have supplied all the documentation to the bank that in order to get refund, must pay the cancellation fee. If the case is closed in your favor, we will re-open the case with the bank.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Feb. 2, 2015

I am trying to buy a ticket for a friend who is visiting me in France. My bank account is french. I cannot complete the process because I cannot access "that random amount between 1-5$ that is hold in your card for verification purposes". My french bank account would receive it in euros. Also, I cannot see whether the price of the ticket (around 600 euros) has been charged or not. This company has a very weird system of card verification, incompatible for people from other countries. How do I know I am not being scammed?

Dear Customer,

Please be advised that in some cases we may take additional steps to verify your identity. This may include and are not limited to, a follow-up phone call to the card holder, a phone call to your bank, an email response from the card holder or asking you to respond to Dollar Verification Amount.

NOTE: If it is a third party credit card, you may receive a phone call and email from our customer service department asking to verify this transaction before/after the ticket(s) can be issued. A Third party credit card is when the Traveler is not the Card Holder. The reason we do this to protect the identify of the cardholder not to scam.

As per our record you already verified the verification amount and the booking is confirmed. If you have any other concern,please let us know we will be more than happy to assist you.

Airfare.com Team Member

Original review: Jan. 25, 2015

I requested with Airfare.com that the dates of my flight be changed. I have called them everyday for a new proposal. It has almost been a week. They have claimed that their airline is too busy to make the change. I checked online for those dates several times and they are available. My original flight (which I cannot go on) is in four days. Customer service does not even pick up the phone. Airfare.com seems very shady.

Dear Customer,

As per our record you have accepted the change request and new ticket has been issued on 18 March 2015. If you have any other concern, please contact us and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

I booked a ticket to India through Airfare.com but tried to postpone it for a later time (Long before my travel time). They charged me 350$ for that. When I tried to rebook the ticket the difference I had to pay for a new ticket is few hundred dollars more than a new ticket for the same itinerary on the internet. When I questioned that, they gave all kinds of airline rules and advised me to instead cancel my previous ticket for a charge of 600 dollars. They made it in a way there is no room for me to do anything else and get my money back.

Dear Customer,

I just emailed you the copy of the refund.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

So like many of you I purchased tickets from airfare.com via Kayak, and after reading the reviews I was terrified of my purchase. There was some weird stuff going on with my banking that made me look online. For some reason they didn't charge my card for roughly 2 weeks (I actually had to tell my bank NOT to stop payment on it), so needless to say I thought I might be one of you scrambling for tickets on the eve of my flights.

Anyways, I called airfare.com on several occasions to ask why my card hadn't been charged and they were responsive and answered fairly quickly (within 10 minutes). I was impressed that the representative said he'd make notes of our conversation for the billing department, and when I called days later they recited the notes from the previous call. I also called the airlines, Gulf Air, several times to inquire into my booking and everything was fine on their end too.

I successfully took a trip with airfare.com and enjoyed an amazing price. Keep in mind I didn't make any changes to my itinerary like many of you have, and I called them many times so they likely knew I was onto them. Would I fly with them again? Probably. I was extremely satisfied after night flights (again I saved a ton of money and had an amazing itinerary), but i'm not sure it was worth the initial anxiety. If you're reading these reviews after purchasing like me, just DO NOT make ANY changes to your itinerary (the contract pretty blatantly infers you're screwed if you do), and keep on them to make sure they make a note of your correspondence. Bon voyage!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your praise. We look forward to serving you again.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2015

I booked my tickets through Airfare.com (via Kayak) for a flight from LAX to DEL on 22 Jan, 2015 (Air Canada). But I decided to cancel my reservation and I started requesting them over phone/emails to cancel my booking but they didn't. This is pathetic. Every time they would tell me to change my bookings but I told clearly that I wanted to cancel my bookings.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for notifying us of your complaint. We strive to provide you with the best possible service, and when you feel that it fails to meet your expectations, it’s important for us to know.

We’re sorry that you received service that prompted you to contact us with a complaint, and we regret any inconvenience or frustration that your experience has caused you.

We have received your complaint and already cancelled the booking as per your request and we sent a request to Airline to see if it’s possible to refund the taxes or the surcharges. We will notify you once we receive the response.

Airfare.com Company Information