2. Travel
  3. Travel Agencies

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.10/5

Online since 1996, Airfare.com offers cheap flights and cheap hotels reservations. Airfare.com offers specially negotiated, deeply discounted airline tickets up to 70% off.

Airfare.com Reviews

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I'm really disappointed that after so many negative reviews this company is still in business, unbelievable. Charged my credit card 3 times and doesn't want to give a full refund back. They are based in India, barely speak any English. Customer service is rude. They are not open 24/7. Their website is NOT secured.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

We should've done our research and look up this company first before purchasing our flights. Found them on Kayak.com and offered a pretty good deal on flights to Nepal. We were still confirming with others who are joining on the trip if they'd make it but we'd like to lock on the deal today before the price changes and online says booking can be cancelled within 24 hours, so we decided to book it. We had 3 hours before the 24 hours time and decided to cancel since we did not get confirmation from the others to join. We tried to cancel from our email confirmation, it said "something went wrong and we couldn't locate your booking. Please call our customer service immediately." Also says online that they have a 24 hour call center - LIES!

2 and a half hours later and a couple emails later, still no answer (this was from 10PM - 12:30AM)!!! Then, finally in the morning, we got ahold of someone. Really, you have 24-hour call agents, but no one picked up for 2 and half hours? Are you freaking kidding me? So after waiting for hours to no avail, they had the guts to tell us that they never received any calls or emails from us. Either you have a cheap-** system that doesn't do what it needs to do, or you LIED about it, or you really don't have a 24-hr call agent that is available as you advertised it. So consumers, STAY AWAY FROM AIRFARE.COM. These are crooks and the company is a scam!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

2 and a half hours later and a couple emails later, still no answer (this was from 10PM -12:30AM)!!! Then, finally in the morning, we got ahold of someone. Really, you have 24-hour call agents, but no one picked up for 2 and half hours? Are you freaking kidding me? So after waiting for hours to no avail, they had the guts to tell us that they never received any calls or emails from us. Either you have a cheap-ass system that doesn't do what it needs to do, or you LIED about it, or you really don't have a 24-hr call agent that is available as you advertised it. So consumers, STAY AWAY FROM AIRFARE.COM. These are crooks and the company is a scam!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

Kayak directed me to them. I called and confirmed that Airfare.com had processed the booking and I got a booking no. I called back with my booking no. And they told me that my booking was cancelled and they also said that they called me to let me know which was not true. I never received a call from them cancelling my flight.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I booked a flight to meet my family in Scotland. Airfare.com called me at 3 am and left a message to call back. When I called they said the flight was no longer available and they took the liberty of changing the dates, which conflicted with my work and travel plans. When I said this was unacceptable the representative (Sean) said he would speak with the manager to resolve the issue. I called back after an hour and got a different person who said the case had not been discussed with the manager as he was unavailable. I canceled my booking. Wasted my time and delayed my booking which drove my travel costs higher. This is not a professional organization—Do not use their services.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airfare.com?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I am a physician and president of my own company. Airfare.com SCAM. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. BEWARE! I bought through KAYAK a 3rd party international ticket on Turkish Airlines from SFO to IST. I received 1 email confirmation of a charge of $1,405.31 but my credit card was billed three times for my ticket... I was billed the original $1405.31, as well as a second charge of $1398.31 and a third charge of $7.

I called Airfare.com and spoke with Robert (thick eastern European accent) in customer service and was told I was only billed once and that sometimes it looks like you are billed multiple times... I then told him that I have 3 separate transaction numbers and the bill is closed and 3 weeks old. Robert, whom works in customer service, then told me to try to email customer service and that he could not resolve my issue... even though he works in customer service. I am now contacting Bank of America Platinum Business Services, BBB, Consumer Affairs and KAYAK.

Original review: March 24, 2018

Like most others here, I bought a RT to Kiev and then get an email saying that my return flight has been changed. Unfortunately, the new scheduled departure leaves before my other flight lands... Trying to talk to someone just routes you to India and, as wonderful as they may be, it's very frustrating to try and communicate. You are told to go to the website and change your flight by email... Please... do yourself a favor, spend the extra money and get a legit place to buy your tickets. I'm leaving in three days and I'm STILL getting emails telling me my flights are in jeopardy. WTF!!! Heed the negative warnings!!! I wish I had investigated this rip-off company before making reservations.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

I booked a ticket to Dubai via this website (From Kayak redirect to this). They canceled my ticket last minute without any notification. I tried to called their number which is given on the ticket and tried to speak with a representative. After so many attempts I ended up speaking to a person with an Indian accent (I don't want to be rude) who barely speak English. I did not understand a single word he said. When I request a supervisor, I had to stay on the line for about 20 minutes.

The supervisor also barely speak English and all I understood was that they tried to call me the day before the departure (which was yesterday) and I didn't answer which is a lie. Looks like this a business runs from a home (I could hear the loud TV and crying children in the background). I was in a terrible situation and almost paid the double the amount that I paid initially to book a new trip with another ticketing agency. When I request to refund the money they refused and said that it was an airline cancellation and they cannot do anything. Really? I already filed a credit dispute with my credit card company. This company should not be doing any business in the United States.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I reserved two tickets Monday on Royal Jordanian Denver to Amman for 1939.30 and then got a call (Indian accent or something very difficult to understand) which they told me that American Airlines did not accept their price and it would be 60.00 more. They asked for email confirmation or they could cancel. I sent them an email approving it. Tuesday morning I woke up to find that they had cancelled the reservation. I called Royal Jordanian to check and they said, “Yes it had been cancelled by airfare.com.” So I made another reservation on American Airlines, which was then confirmed. Then today (Wednesday) I woke up to another email from them saying it was confirmed and ticketed. The first three times I called they could not hear me, and the fourth time, I explained the above and they put me through to the same person who called me and he said, “No, we confirmed and issued the ticket.”

I told them to cancel it as they had just issued it, and they refused. They did not listen to my explanation that they had cancelled the reservation, and I had confirmed this with Royal Jordanian having some alternate version of reality, and denied having cancelled my reservation and refused to cancel their reservation. Fortunately, I was still within 24 hours with my American Airlines reservation and they (very professionally) cancelled the (now) duplicate reservation. Stay far away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Airfare.com is terrible. They are nothing but a scam. I am trying to modify my ticket which I recently purchased for my international flight from Dhaka, Bangladesh to Washington D.C. on Qatar Airways via Kayak. I have been trying to reach out to them from an international number, and all I hear is a recorded message in some foul English accent. The first time I spoke to him he was extremely rude. From then on, after three times, I keep on hearing, "How can I help you," and they disconnect. I sent an email request for modification, but I am yet to hear back from them regarding a ticket change. They are also charging more than the airlines. Qatar Airways for modification is 243 dollars plus service fee and airfare.com is charging 350 dollars. They are nothing but a complete scam.

Airfare.com Company Information