3.4/5 (1643 ratings)

About Airbnb

Airbnb Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?

Original review: June 10, 2022

I would like to say thank you to Airbnb for empathy and very quick help in canceling a reservation due to the death of a loved one. Airbnb showed full professionalism and deepening the situation, an Airbnb employee was available at any time, communication was very quick and effective. I got so quick all payments back, I highly recommend the Airbnb client's service.

Original review: March 6, 2022

Airbnb provided numerous great experiences for my family and me. The hosts are usually quite friendly and very helpful, and the dwellings fit the style of where you are traveling to; rustic in the mountains, modern in the city, little bungalows near the beach, etc. One time, the house was not quite ready and was untidy, but the host was so helpful and gave us a free hotel, and a voucher for the duration of our stay.

Rubric-

House Quality/Amenities - 47 /50 (-3)
Overall Ambiance - 19 /20 (-1)
Host Friendliness/Communication - 20 /20 (-0)

Price - 9 /10 (-1)

Overall Score: 95/100

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

@airbnb @AirbnbHelp @Airbnb I'm a host in Airbnb for more than 2 years now. This is one platform I loved the most, but of late Airbnb has been responding in such a way that they do not value their host's time or money. I have been following up one payout that had to be released, they now tell me that, I wouldn't be getting the money because they will be adjusting the same for a cancellation penalty (which the guest had cancelled due to lockdown). Can @Airbnb deal with such uncontrollable matter with ease and to help the hosting community as well? #airbnb has been deducting my payout since 2019 for some reservations which was cancelled by guests when the cancellation policy clearly said it's strict. They have been deducting 10000 rupees.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

This review is on the side of a renter. I have rented several times and I had one horrible experience at an AirBnB. Airbnb listened to me, elevated the discussion once they heard everything that happened, tried to help me find a new location confidentially for safety reasons, investigated after I left and they reimbursed me 100%. They treated me much better than the host did. They did everything right when the host did everything wrong. I applaud them for that. Thank you!

Original review: June 27, 2022

We have had so many bad experiences with Airbnb but this one takes the cake. The customer service was so bad. The host tried to charge us an additional $500 for a one night stay we hadn’t agreed on that. When we tried to get support help because the host was unreasonable they ignored us for over a week and refused to work with us. I will never book with Airbnb ever again. They and this host are crooks and take advantage of people. Airbnb doesn’t care about the customer just the host it seems.

Original review: June 26, 2022

The customer support is not real. It's a joke. Don't waste your time. They don't value the clients enough to provide customer support. It is horrendous. I have 6 AIRBNB units and they consistently provide under-qualified people on the phone and don't provide any help.

Original review: June 26, 2022

I reserved a trip to Yellowstone for June of 2022. DO NOT schedule 309 North Canyon St. They gave me the runaround to change my date to the next year, and when they did they said I needed to pay an extra 1k because prices would be higher. Our reservation in Cody gave us a small refund for the new date. They are profiteering off of a disaster. Airbnb is shady. Be careful.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I am giving them 1 star due to them allowing a host to rate me poorly because we found roaches and the house was neat but dirty. My feet turned black If I walked barefoot in the house, the stove had crumbs, the coffee pot had mold. I privately messaged the owner/host. She apologized and said there was a party the night before.

Long story short, I guess the host thought I would rate her bad (I actually didn’t) so she rated me horribly and said I was the dirty one (I have pictures to prove my side). All I asked was that they ask her to delete all comments - even mine if they wanted (mine were nice tho) They refused and sided with the host, saying I needed to contact them within 24 hours. I explained to them that I immediately reached out to the host and have the messages to prove it and they said there was nothing they could do. So disappointed. I will try VRBO next time.

Original review: June 25, 2022

I really wish I could include a picture of the particular host listing I am referring to. But the house is located at converse Texas San Antonio and the host are Denise and Angela renting out a room in the whole house, they are scammers. Beware… If you book their property and an emergency happens, and you need to cancel, they will refuse to return your money even if you call Airbnb and Airbnb is willing to work with them to remove any penalties? They will want to keep your money..

Original review: June 24, 2022

So Airbnb canceled my stay the day before traveling out of the country. Are reaching out to the host. He explained that Airbnb canceled all his booking on his properties. It wasn't the host or me the guest. I know have to wait 3 weeks for my $2,800.00. I could not rebook somewhere else, unless I had my refund. So I had to cancel my trip, miss my friends. Airbnb you ruined my Pride celebration to Toronto from Florida. A lot money on tickets I bought. It back to hotels for me, Hotels reservation are easier, you know the address at booking, and you don't have to pay until you arrive, they have more rooms. Best way to travel. Kevin **.

Airbnb author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Airbnb is a marketplace for people to list or find accommodations around the world. People list their homes or apartment online, and people rent them for a listed rate and time. The company was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, California, and now Airbnb has users and listings in over 65,000 cities in more than 190 countries.

• Easy to use: To find a place to stay, simply type in your visit date in the Airbnb website or mobile app. Airbnb will show you all available options for that date, and you choose this selection.

• Airbnb experiences: Hosts can now list experiences on Airbnb. You can look for activities in the city where you’re staying and book hikes, cooking classes, tours and more through Airbnb.

• List your home: You can list your home or apartment on Airbnb and set your own rental price. Airbnb will protect you with liability insurance up to $1 million.

• Standards and trust: Airbnb works hard to make sure hosts and guests are treated with respect. Airbnb’s standards are based on five criteria: safety, security, fairness authenticity and reliability. Customer support is there to make sure you have a great experience.

• Airbnb for business: Airbnb will partner with your business to provide tools and solutions to streamline business travel.

Airbnb Company Information