2. Travel
  3. Travel Sites

3.7/5 (2428 ratings)

About Airbnb

Airbnb Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?

Original review: Sept. 9, 2021

@airbnb @AirbnbHelp @Airbnb I'm a host in Airbnb for more than 2 years now. This is one platform I loved the most, but of late Airbnb has been responding in such a way that they do not value their host's time or money. I have been following up one payout that had to be released, they now tell me that, I wouldn't be getting the money because they will be adjusting the same for a cancellation penalty (which the guest had cancelled due to lockdown). Can @Airbnb deal with such uncontrollable matter with ease and to help the hosting community as well? #airbnb has been deducting my payout since 2019 for some reservations which was cancelled by guests when the cancellation policy clearly said it's strict. They have been deducting 10000 rupees.

Original review: May 6, 2021

My experience comes from the hosting side of AirBnB, even though I have enjoyed using this site as a traveler. AirBnB has stepped in so many times to assist myself and my potential guests to coordinate the reservations should there be adjustments needed like pricing to fit budget requests. Their 24-7 response has provided me with answers that I have been able to relay to guests... when I can't quite figure it out myself. Their HUGE insurance policy gives both the traveler and me, the host, peace of mind and makes all of us comfortable in an un-expecting world. Their platform is easy to navigate both on my phone and my laptop. But I think the thing that I like the most about AirBnB...are the people I have met who have stayed in my Chicago rental apartment over the years. Travelers traveling.

Get buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 4, 2021

I have used AirBnB several times, with my first being as I was driving a long distance with my family and we needed to adjust our route. I ended up being able to download the app, find a good spot, and book the place very quickly. Since then, I've used it a little more in advance. Most recently we used it to book a townhouse in Charleston, SC for a business trip. I've never had any issues with any of the places I've stayed - all were very clean and they've had more room+better amenities than most hotels.

Original review: May 1, 2021

Prices are great!! Offers the luxury of home while on vacation!! Cheaper than most hotels with more to offer! The more people you have to split costs with the cheaper it is, just make sure to check the maximum occupancy requirements! Many times you can get cheaper rates if you rent from home on the state lines! Many are pet friendly and all have way more room than you would find at any hotel for the same cost! Enjoy the feel of home while away from home!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I had one other Airbnb experience that was not a good experience, so I was very nervous about renting again for any vacation. But I took a chance. The rental was presented relatively clean and in order, although the carpets were still wet, but didn't appear to have been shampooed recently. Maybe a spill or something from the prior guests. No big deal, it dried fast. I am not sure what was happening with the guests in the front unit, but it was not a safe situation upon arrival. Immediately we had parking problems because our designated spot in the garage was unavailable because the front unit renters were parked in the middle of the garage taking up the entire garage thereby not leaving room for our vehicle. However, I contacted the owners, they were responsive, kind, helpful, and immediately fixed the situation, and that alone made up for any parking issues or other renters inconsideration.

It was very nice knowing if we had any problems they would be right there to assist us. It was my pleasure to meet Tim and his wife when they came to check on the problem, and I want to personally thank them for their fast response. Their "runner" was also very friendly, and the office staff was equally as nice. Loved the location and had a great stay. Again, thanks goes out Tim and his wife and the entire beach view vacation staff. This was an enjoyable vacation.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2021

Airbnb representative told me yesterday that all my additional rules correct. Today other representatives told me my additional rules no matter in regards to pet allowed policy. I follow guidelines to the dot, but still I was discriminated.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

I booked a month reservation for two people. Cancelled it 2 months before reservation within 24 hrs of making reservation because the host did not disclose till after the reservation only 1 parking spot and one FOB (key to building) would be available for the two of us who are both working. It was not disclosed. They took a $300+ service fee from me and will not return it. I even called customer service before canceling to ensure I would not be charged and the lady investigating said I would not but after canceling the story changed and even though I rebooked another place on Airbnb for that timeframe they will not return my money. Seems illegal. They are thieves. No real customer service. I will be warning everyone about this and will be deleting the app.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

I literally book this a few days ago. This is ridiculous. I need to speak with a supervisor, $150 out of $667.37 is unacceptable considering it was a few days ago & this host will rebook the house for total amount hence being paid twice. That is illegal. How do I only get 50% and she can rebook. I want at least 75% or I will have my attorney handle this. I will join THOUSANDS of others online about Airbnb and I will make sure to note the name, property address and owner's name on Social media about what they are doing and that they also racially discriminate against me. Their site said up to 8 guest so they are lying. I will not support a racist and I will fight this. Either they refund me or I'm exposing them and have my attorney sue for damages, attorney fees, discrimination and etc.

I want to speak with Management and I will have my attorney contact you if necessary. What is the phone number and name of the legal department? Also I need an email address to give my attorney. I will STILL take this to my attorney and social media. I will ensure no books with them again. I will share my messages, pic, owner's name, phone number and address on social media.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2021

We booked a stay before Covid hit and then while covid was still a problem and is still a problem we were forced to cancel. Airbnb said that the dates for our trip do not fall under a refund policy and would only offer us a credit for up to a year. That Credit is about to expire and Covid is still very much a thing. Their support staff still says there is nothing they can do for a refund. While I understand this pandemic has hit every business very hard. This company seems to be doing what they can to profit from our loss without a care.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2021

When we arrived for our reservation at the Creekside in Brighton, ON almost all the lights on the exterior of the property were missing (flood lights), broken (solar walkway lighting) or burnt out (flood lights and back porch fixture). The trip started with 3 working light bulbs outside throughout the property with no street lighting. When our 44 hr reservation ended there was 1 light bulb still working. None of the stairs had railings (basement, deck). There was a section on the back deck with no stairs or railing with a considerably elevated drop. The baseboards and framing were unfinished. There was garbage behind the toilet and in the garbage bins outside that wasn't properly sealed (that was attacked by animals)....and the host charges $150 cleaning.

They do not take a broom to the bug build up on the front porch. It felt like our host was insulting us with his neglect of the property and did not apologize once. Even though it's a pandemic the host leaves communal food at the property which was all a year passed the best before date and made the cupboards smell like stale grain products. More than once the property felt unsafe and unsanitary to navigate inside and out. and the only reason Airbnb is not honoring a refund is because not all the issues were discovered within the first 24hrs. So the host gets to keep listing a property without railings and with no regard to cleanliness or adequate lighting for accessibility around the exterior of the property.

Airbnb author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Airbnb is a marketplace for people to list or find accommodations around the world. People list their homes or apartment online, and people rent them for a listed rate and time. The company was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, California, and now Airbnb has users and listings in over 65,000 cities in more than 190 countries.

• Easy to use: To find a place to stay, simply type in your visit date in the Airbnb website or mobile app. Airbnb will show you all available options for that date, and you choose this selection.

• Airbnb experiences: Hosts can now list experiences on Airbnb. You can look for activities in the city where you’re staying and book hikes, cooking classes, tours and more through Airbnb.

• List your home: You can list your home or apartment on Airbnb and set your own rental price. Airbnb will protect you with liability insurance up to $1 million.

• Standards and trust: Airbnb works hard to make sure hosts and guests are treated with respect. Airbnb’s standards are based on five criteria: safety, security, fairness authenticity and reliability. Customer support is there to make sure you have a great experience.

• Airbnb for business: Airbnb will partner with your business to provide tools and solutions to streamline business travel.

Airbnb Company Information