1.10/5

Looking for a travel site?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

301 Airbnb Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 14, 2018

I was visiting Lima Peru and booked a 1 bedroom apartment through Airbnb. (I have used my account with Airbnb in the past without any issue.) Upon arrival I was handed the keys from the landlord. She immediately explained the apartment wasn’t ready at the moment which was fine because I wasn’t going to be returning until The evening So I took the keys and left. I returned around 7 pm with my belongings and noticed the apartment was dirty particularly the bathroom since it clearly showed signs that it hadn’t been cleaned. There was a half used soap in the soap holder of the shower and a very dirty white rug to put your feet on after a shower. There was also no hand soap at all by the sink and there was one hand towel that was moist as if it had already been used.

I didn’t go to bed until about 11:45 pm and when I opened the comforter there were many black hairs on the sheets and the sheets didn’t seem to have been washed. I had no choice but to strip the entire bed and lay down a robe of mine to sleep on, I was absolutely miserable, The TV also wasn’t working and I barely got any sleep. At approx 8:33 am I contacted Airbnb and spoke with a representative for 16 minutes explaining what had happened. I called long distance from my cell phone and was charged a lot of roaming charges but felt the need to explain everything immediately so I could book another place.

As soon as I hung up, I packed my belongings and met with the landlord. I talked with her about the apartment being dirty, she advised me the water had been shut off on the day I was arriving and the unit could have not been cleaned properly because of that, she also explained the short amount of time between my reservation and the one she previously had because the tenants had just left the same afternoon I picked up the keys. She apologized for the inconvenience and I left handing her the keys back. I logged in to Airbnb only to notice I was not able to reserve another place. I contacted them again long distance and was being charged per call, I explained the inconvenience and they responded that my reservation was for two more nights even though they knew the situation about the apartment being uncleaned because I sent them photos as per their request showing them how bad it was.

They continued telling me a supervisor was working on the case and they would call me back that same day and to rest assured that I would be able to book another place while visiting Peru. Long story short No one ever called me back, I was in Lima Peru with nowhere to stay and had no other option but to book a hotel that cost me a little over $200 per night. I continued calling Airbnb because that evening when I tried to log in to my account I realized it was “locked” and I could not even access the messages from the representatives through the chat.

After several calls they tell me my account was under a review or investigation and I wouldn’t be “verified” until around Nov 29th which is the day the reservation I had canceled would’ve ended and also the day of my birthday which is the reason I traveled to Peru in the first place. It all sounded very odd to me, but either way Airbnb never contacted me again. My account continues to be locked till this day, nothing has been resolved till this day and they also won’t refund my money till this day. I have had at least 10 failed attempts to talk to a supervisor. I have never experienced such horrible customer service and I have now disputed the charges directly with my bank and will have to let them handle it from here. Airbnb is one of the worst companies I have ever worked with, would not recommend them to anyone.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

The assigned case manager hasn't contacted me for almost 24 hours on a time sensitive issue! They only care about making money and they usually side with the host. To them all guests are liars that leave false reviews. Don't expect them to take care of you. I won't be booking ever again.

Get expert buying tips about Travel Sites delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

MY AIRBNB ACCOUNT WAS DISABLED FOR NO VALID REASON!!! I was a regular Airbnb user for years until they put my account under review. I've been waiting since about December 2016 for a response on why my account was disabled. I've emailed & called them several times over the wait. They just sent a response December 2018. (TWO YEARS LATER!) Companies love throwing their 'terms of service' at you & telling you what they're not liable for when they are being **. Simply to remind you that they don't care about your frustrations & they are not there for you. ** AIRBNB!

Original review: Dec. 12, 2018

I booked a night's stay at Shinjuku for my young daughter and I on 24 Nov 18. When we reached the apartment and could not get in and after we tried getting in touch with the host without any success, we contacted Airbnb. The next thing I knew, I received an email informing me that my reservation has been canceled and that I would be refunded. I was left stranded with my daughter in the middle of winter and with most hotels fully booked, I had limited choice.

Now Airbnb is telling me that they will not compensate me for my loss and will only make a partial compensation. They also expect me to bear the cost of remitting the partial compensation to me. Their customer service staff claim to care and want to help but all they are trying to do is to persuade me to settle based on their terms. They don't really care about their customers. The service I experienced is substandard. I think the company is over-rated. I would caution potential users to beware of the risks!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

My husband booked an apartment on 8 Ave Macmahon near Arc de Triomphe. We are traveling with our 2 kids. On 8th December after the Paris violent protests, we asked for a cancellation and requested to change our booking to a safer location on 29 Dec. The roads to Ave Macmahon were blocked and metros around there were closed on 8 Dec. Tear gas and water cannons were fired right outside this apartment! After 3 days of email and multiple phone calls Airbnb has denied us a change even though we highlighted that it was unsafe especially for the kids. On their Airbnb website they have listed violence, inaccessibility and safety hazard as conditions for refund. Shouldn't they honor it? Their reply is, "The host has refused a refund!"

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Airbnb?

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

They're a worst. I booked a trip like 5 days ahead. I wanted to cancel it the next day, which is still within 48 hour, since my schedule changed. They won't give me full refund, only 50% of it; they said the cancellation has to be within 48 hours AND 14 days ahead. How stupid is that? How can I have 14 days notice if I just book a room for a trip next week? They told me to go talk to the host as they can't do anything. I wish they're out of business soon. Heard they said they would go public, pray lord. The most irresponsible business model in the world. Use Booking.com instead. They help you cancel full refund even though it's not stated when you booked.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My experience with Airbnb had been ok for approx 2 1/2 years until I had a bad renter which resulted in over $3,000 worth of damages to my home. The people were doing drugs, damaged multiple things in my home, had been smoking (many things-legal and illegal), had a pet despite the 'NO PET' policy and finally flooded my downstairs bathroom, damaging the wood flooring, the toilet and the door (locked it from the inside without a way to get in without removing the door).

I could go on and on, but the end result, I was instructed to submit claims through a "resolution center" and as of today it's over 9 weeks and I have yet to hear back from ANYONE regarding my claim submissions (including invoices). VRBO/Homeaway is MUCH easier to work with and I will NOT be renewing my yearly subscription. It's very disappointing as they profess that they gave 'insurance coverage' through Airbnb but there is no one that gets back to you. They take the money through the 'fees' assessed for each booking but when they have to pay out (as in my example) it's CRICKETS!!! Frustratingly, Dissatisfied customer!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Made a booking through BOOKING.COM. Sanctuary Apartments is the company that provides accommodation in privately owned apartments in the building of Freshwater Place. Booking.com stated no charge to credit card YET SANCTUARY APARTMENTS charged the full amount on the day of booking $3000 for accommodation in 12 months time. No notice they were going to do this. Still waiting on a refund, they don't answer their phones. I have since read reviews about how unprofessional they are. BE AWARE OF BOOKING with SANCTUARY APARTMENTS - SouthBank area of Melbourne.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

Recently I stayed at a home in Hollywood, CA in which there were roaches. When asked if there was proof, I explained that I didn't have proof, and that I was too busy trying to keep the bugs from getting into my luggage, and coming with me to my next destination. In addition, I sent two screenshots of previous guests who had stayed at the same location, and also stated that THEY, too found cockroaches. I was told that unless I had taken a picture of the actual bugs, my money could not be refunded. If this is fact the case, I will not be using Airbnb again, as they only care about obtaining money for their company, and not being fair to their guests when the hosts lie about the place they are renting out. I have never had a negative experience with Airbnb or any hosts before this. However, because of this one person who simply doesn't care to be honest about the place they're renting out, I will no longer be using this service again.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I raised a complaint to the Airbnb customer support team regarding a discriminatory review that I faced with my host. The latter made rude comments about me and gave me a bad public review. To my surprise, the team did nothing to resolve the issues and told me to instead focus on the positive reviews. Totally bad experience with Airbnb!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Frankly, I only knew Airbnb from my bookings, and I never had any experience with Airbnb Resolution team until their online agent, Ronie's, recently helped me very quickly and to my satisfaction, and that impressed me, but today another agent, Alexandre, truly "knocked off my socks" with instant and tremendously caring quality customer care on a different issue. I can't overestimate that! Now I know that Airbnb is much more than just a place to stay but also a place filled with wonderful and caring people. First-rate service!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I rented a place through Airbnb and right before the trip I saw a couple new reviews stating that people had issues with cockroaches. I contacted Airbnb and they told me they were false reviews and I had nothing to worry about. They assured me that if I saw any when I checked in that they would move us. We checked in and we started seeing them everywhere!!! I contacted them and not only did they not move us but they only refunded $120 of the $950 we paid! We had to spend the trip in a cockroach infested place. I called, asked to speak to a manager and they did not care. They closed the case and told me it was my choice to stay there. I have used Airbnb for years and I cannot believe how they treated this situation.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I booked a condo for a week in the Philippines and when we arrived to the condo it smelled like mold. The smell was really bad. I left immediately. Could not stay in an apartment that smelled so bad. I contacted Airbnb and asked for a refund. They were on the side of the host and only refunded me half. They did not protect me and were more on the side of the host. I posted a bad review about the host and it was never posted. There was no bad language used just being honest about my experience and it was not posted. No wonder the host has so many good reviews and no negative. I will not trust Airbnb anymore. It's a gamble. Imagine traveling far away and when you get there it's not what you expected. Who has your back because Airbnb won't.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Airbnb contacted me about a dissatisfied guest who thought the radiators were non-functioning. They suggested I offer her some money to appease her unless I could provide a plumber's note contradicting her experience. I told them that yes I "would" refund if they offered me some assurances as a host that I would be protected from guests making up stories for refunds. They declined to protect the host saying guest are free to say what they please so long as they aren't racist. I then explained I was not going to offer the guest money and instead provided Airbnb the plumber's note confirming the radiators were working and the house was above average hot, on top of which the guest had left windows open.

Airbnb responded that, without my authorization they had already taken the money from my account and wouldn't reverse the action because I had agreed, despite my showing them I said "would", contingent on their assurances, rather than formally agreeing. There is an option for hosts to send money to a guest, which I did not employ but Airbnb took the liberty of using my money regardless and offered no refund or excuse. As an appalling and contradictory slap in the face, after Airbnb asking for a plumber's note, they then told me I shouldn't have spent money on a plumber and just checked the radiators myself.

This is frightening, illegal and contradictory, highlighting the way in which they operate from the safety of the internet without having to account for their actions in any particular state. They are now being investigated by the authorities as this is a common scenario and happened to another local host. I suggest Home Away as a considerably more legitimate operation.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

Why are there so few negative reviews on Airbnb? Does Airbnb delete them? I haven't seen any after viewing a lot of locations. Just today, I wrote a bad review on Airbnb for an awful host and it was removed within the hour. I didn't break the guidelines, they didn't give me a valid reason for removing my review. I just guess that only good reviews sell. That is why I chose that host in the first place (all good reviews)… But if Airbnb removes the bad reviews, you have no way to know. I stopped using Airbnb because Airbnb is nothing without the honest reviews.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

I needed to travel to Mayo Clinic in Phoenix AZ. My nurse suggested Airbnb. When our Uber driver pulled up he begged us to go to a hotel in safe neighborhood but I had to pay full amount 2 weeks beforehand. The house was cute and clean and had security but every night we heard gunshots and had police helicopters with spotlights overhead. My brother tried to take a stroll during daylight in opposite directions over 2 days. Both days he was confronted by cops arresting people. 2 more Uber drivers warned about where we were staying. 1 had grown up in Chicago. We are from St. Louis and I have lived or worked downtown my whole adult life.

My brother has definitely been around and usually nothing spooks him. He refused to leave my side even to do tourist things on his bday when I couldn't accompany him. All I wrote Airbnb is perhaps they need some kind of tool to show safe areas? I didn't ask for return of money. Just a way to ensure their clients were safe. After a week of runaround emails they demanded "appropriate documentation". What the heck? So I started investigating #1 area for murder in Phoenix and top 5 for overall crime. Will never trust Airbnb again!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

We rented a home for Thanksgiving that we found was a foreclosure and it was absolutely disgusting inside. Electrical outlets broken, dirty old stained furniture, the window air conditioner was stuff with hand towels, there was a bedroom with a mattress on the floor. When you call to make a complaint you get their customer service that is overseas and they speak very little English. They did not want to reimburse us and they will not that the listing off, so beware when you plan your next vacation. They also edited your review and only post positive reviews. We were scammed by them. A Thanksgiving I will never forget. Very angry that they do not care about their customers. They should be shut down.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Be sure to know their cancellation policy before booking with AIRBNB. There are hidden terms Which you will not come across until you book and cancel. I was charged $108 service fee for cancelling even though I cancelled within 48 hours.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

The place I rented did not have the amenities it promised (heated pool) and was dirty. Also the host showed up in our backyard in the dark with a flashlight unannounced during our stay and it made us feel extremely unsafe. So, there is the component of having a host that is dodgy. But the component that compelled me to write this review is the way Airbnb handled my concern. They sided with the host based on his rating overall rather than my individual experience. My experience was uniquely bad but because his reviews were ok from other guests my concern were not addressed and was minimized. There is no direct number to contact Airbnb and so all complaints are logged in an e-mail process. They called me back and that's when I got their number. By the way, it's 855-424-7262 if anyone is looking to call them directly.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

The owner agrees to cancellation in writing then afterwards refuses refund. Airbnb support him 100% ignoring evidence. I exchanged numerous messages with support person named Sarah, who did practically nothing to resolve the issue nor look into the details. I will not use Airbnb and recommend all avoid this company.

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I had the unfortunate experience of having to cancel my Airbnb reservation outside of the '48 hr' window. The owner Jan from British Columbia refused to give us back our $478 deposit hiding behind her cancellation policy. Airbnb sided with her and refused to help at all. The Marriott or Hilton would NEVER do this, and they are public companies that crush customers on a daily basis. I swiftly closed my Airbnb account and will tell everyone I know about my bad experience. Stay away.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

Airbnb promising me to take care of it but they just toss it from one to another and eventually told me it's not part of their focus. The real problem is that the so called "case managers" don't follow up on cases, they just wait till their shift ends and when you call back to check up on it they say to you it's a different department and the maximum they can do is to assign it to new case manager and start it over again.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

We decided to book an Airbnb property as part of my partner's 40th birthday trip to New York. I spent many hours researching available properties and chose what I thought was a clean modern apartment in Jersey City. I looked at the rating for the host and his property, of which he had scored 4.5 out of 5 and numerous good reviews, so felt comfortable making a booking. Unfortunately, had I paid closer attention, I would have noticed the handful of negative reviews that would have sounded alarm bells.

We arrived at the property at approximately 15:30, and we were disturbed and extremely disappointed by what we were greeted with. Yes, the Airbnb photos were of the property, but they were VERY old. The outside of the property was unwelcoming and off-putting, with overgrown weeds and litter strewn on the driveway. Security was a concern, as the front door was only secured via a single deadbolt, due to the whole mechanism for the door handle being totally removed.

Entering the property, we were immediately struck by how tired, dark, and filthy the property was. It seemed like the property hadn't been properly cleaned or repaired in years: lights that didn't work or missing; dirty grubby walls and doors; ceiling fans caked in dust and dirt; a bathroom that hadn't been cleaned since the last occupant, complete with an unflushed toilet featuring a toilet seat caked in what looked like mould/urine; the heating was turned off and could only be controlled by the owner - which he refused to turn this on despite calls and messages; the bedding was dirty and beyond worn, and was only good for throwing out; the ironing board was covered in stains. I could go on, the flat was just DIRTY and a dive. Obviously, we refused to stay here and contacted Airbnb immediately.

We expressed to Airbnb the urgency of getting this matter resolved before nightfall, as we didn't want to be roaming unknown neighborhoods in the dark for another Airbnb property we knew nothing about. Our requests were ignored and 5 Airbnb agents and 10 hours later, we were advised to book into a hotel for the night which they would pay for. When I enquired into the refunding of my booking, I was told that I would only be receiving HALF of it, as I had made the mistake of contacting Airbnb first and not the host - I was furious. It was now 12:30 am, and after a stressful night with an unsatisfactory result we booked into a hotel.

The following morning we received an email stating that our original booking had been cancelled and that we would be receiving a partial refund. Still, a replacement Airbnb booking had not been arranged, and we were left with nowhere to go. We spent another day being passed around from agent to agent with no resolution in sight.

Once again, we were left with no other choice and booked into the same hotel for the remainder of our stay that evening. Luckily we were eventually passed through to an understanding agent who went above and beyond to get us a satisfactory result (had we received this service from the beginning, I'd still be an Airbnb advocate to this day, but the damage had been done and it was too late). I took us a week, but we eventually received a full refund, and one night's hotel booking paid for. Booking with Airbnb resulted in us losing two days of our holiday (waiting for correspondence from both host and Airbnb), being pushed beyond breaking point trying to resolve the matter, and leaving me short of £497 (a combination of hotel fees, phone call costs, and transport). Take note, DO NOT BOOK WITH AIRBNB!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

When Airbnb moved their headquarters to Portland and the city took measures to protect residents and rentals from greater impact, we paid for a home inspection and began using it to rent our home while we were out of town for a few months each year. At first things went really well but we began running into an increasingly frequent occurrence: renters who expected a sanitized hotel.

One renter took a photo of our neighbor's garbage, visible through the window as "proof" that our home was "unfit to be rented to anyone." Another time, some dental students paid but didn't even stay one night because they thought it was possible that bacteria might exist in the basement. Now if you were being polite, you'd call this a culture clash. The law requires the home to be occupied by us but this does not seem to be standard practice for people using the service. Thus, the client's expectation is that they are getting a hotel suite with a kitchen for half the price.

When they find that our house is 100 years old and lived in, they balk. On average we received a consistent 4.5 star rating, but apparently that's not good enough for Airbnb. In the modern era, everything must be perfect. Now a few negative reviews is fine and I understand that everyone will not be happy. Over my protestations, Airbnb began giving partial refunds that they paid for.

Slowly, Airbnb began to ask us to refund money for first time rentals who showed up expecting a hotel and were dissatisfied. I explained that the issue was not our home or its condition but their expectations and, well, Airbnb's marketing. Finally, things escalate when I got a phone call from Airbnb that we MUST refund a client's rental because they were unhappy and this time we had to pay for it. I explained that they had covered this in the past and I would reluctantly allow them to do that again, even though I think it rewards complaining without substance.

The renter's gripes were that the yard behind our property was not included in the rental, that the photos taken by Airbnb of our property were "misleading," and that there were burns on our stovetop. Airbnb eventually said that it was REQUIRED that we refund AT LEAST $150 to them for this. I explained that we worked with them for four years and this was a first time customer who had not read the listing, who would likely never be renting from Airbnb again regardless of what action was taken. Slowly, Airbnb agreed to lesser and lesser amounts of the "required refund" and I explained that we would close our listing if they required this. She referred to this as my "choice" and we all went about our ways. I understand their product is a complex one to spell out for new customers but rewarding complaints without substance is the most slippery slope in any industry and will ultimately not result in repeat business.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Airbnb is a terrible company. No care or accountability do they have and I'm excited for the legislation that slows down their revenue stream and puts long term homes back on the market. I booked a week through these idiots and paid the required 60%. I decided to book an additional 5 nights but canceled due to the homeowner being a lying moron. Airbnb did not refund the second reservation, they simply applied the amount to the balance of the first week even though it was clearly stated I'd get a refund. Airbnb is a community killing piece of ** company.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

1056 Budapest, 18 Belgrad Rakpart, Hungary: The above property has many Airbnb residences in it. I've spoken to some of the "guests" from time to time and most of them are nice young people who are in the city touring or even checking out the many universities in Budapest. THE PROBLEM: The building itself is a "once" magnificent 19th century building which has fallen into terrible dilapidation and disrepair. Most of the time the electricity in the common areas is blacked out making it impossible to see where you're going and also impossible to know if you are being followed. What is much more disturbing and downright dangerous is the lack of simple hygiene and the filthy condition of the ground floor lobby, stairs and entrance way.

For some unforeseen reason the rubbish bins are kept in the lobby. Because the building is large and because of the volume of Airbnb guests there are 13 huge open bins. The bins are not managed and are always overflowing. From rotting food, to cooking oil dripping onto the stone floors and stairs to broken shards of glass and wood to even USED HYPODERMIC NEEDLES can be found overflowing out of these bins. The smell of the rotting food and sanitary materials travel up the darkened staircase making the entire situation a nauseating one - and this is if you have managed not to fall on the cooking oil or the broken wood or glass.

This lack of basic hygiene is a danger to the health of everyone and I'm shocked that Airbnb allows these conditions to carry on. What is just as shocking is how the building management has just approved the restoration of the EXTERIOR of the building simply to attract more Airbnb clients! THERE IS NO CURRENT PLAN TO GIVE ANY ATTENTION TO THE ROTTING AND DANGEROUS INTERIOR OF THE BUILDING. The incompetent management cares nothing about the interior or the hazards it threatens visitors with.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

Airbnb is a joke. I wish customers would use VRBO more. Airbnb takes you money from the customer and do not pay the owner of the unit until days after the guest check-in. They do not collect the correct local taxes. For a owner listing the property, VRBO is much better than Airbnb. Very disappointed in how they hand the owners cash.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

So I'm using their service for the first time while I'm trying to find a place for a month while I'm in between moves. So I find the place, pay for the month, get confirmation and codes for reservation then 2 hours later right as I'm heading out there my criteria kept me from having account. While I understand I have a record from when I was young and dumb but if this keeps me from getting a place shouldn't it be looked into before you take my money and give me codes for the house? Now I'm screwed out of $800 for the next 15 business days while it goes back to my account, which was my money for a place for the next month. They have left me in a horrible predicament and I'm at a loss at how they handle business like this.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Unsafe electrics, extractor fan clogged with dust, smoke detectors hanging off ceilings but no batteries, window latches broken so don't fully shut. I could go on.

No refund. Host still advertising. Airbnb you've got your priorities wrong. Safety should come before money.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

ABSOLUTE WORST experience with Airbnb for an upcoming trip to Singapore - SOMETHING I NEVER HOPED TO SAY ABOUT AIRBNB. Airbnb cancels my 6-night reservation for a family trip to Singapore in Dec, which was confirmed in Sep this year. I receive NO COMMUNICATION regarding the cancellation apart from getting my deposit refunded 6 weeks after my reservation was confirmed; with no email or message accompanying saying there was a trip cancellation. I find out yesterday just by chance using my Airbnb for another trip that my SGP reservation is canceled (I used to love using Airbnb for all my trips); I frantically message and call their help center to ask to explain what is going on; A horrifying experience with the help center rep providing no explanation for cancellation and saying that, "We refunded you." How is the user supposed to know their reservation made months in advance just got cancelled in the background???

I ask for compensation and an alternate booking - NO ANSWER. Finally manage to get transferred to a "CASE"; CASE REP response are EXTREMELY SLOW. I need a reservation address to apply for my Visa which at this point is in limbo. My original reservation was upwards of $1100; nothing comparable to that kind of accommodation is now available for even $2500; HOW IS A $106.67 COMPENSATION FAIR FOR SOME RESERVATION THAT I WILL HAVE TO SPEND AT LEAST $2500 at this time to find alternate accommodation? I am requesting Airbnb to look into how their support cases are handled and provide for a fair compensation and help with alternate reservation immediately. Have tried Facebook & Twitter posts and am getting very generic. "Please be patient. Type responses". I'd strongly urge people to stay away from relying on Airbnb for reservations in the future.

Airbnb expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Airbnb is a marketplace for people to list or find accommodations around the world. People list their homes or apartment online, and people rent them for a listed rate and time. The company was founded in 2008 in San Francisco, California, and now Airbnb has users and listings in over 65,000 cities in more than 190 countries.

• Easy to use: To find a place to stay, simply type in your visit date in the Airbnb website or mobile app. Airbnb will show you all available options for that date, and you choose this selection.

• Airbnb experiences: Hosts can now list experiences on Airbnb. You can look for activities in the city where you’re staying and book hikes, cooking classes, tours and more through Airbnb.

• List your home: You can list your home or apartment on Airbnb and set your own rental price. Airbnb will protect you with liability insurance up to $1 million.

• Standards and trust: Airbnb works hard to make sure hosts and guests are treated with respect. Airbnb’s standards are based on five criteria: safety, security, fairness authenticity and reliability. Customer support is there to make sure you have a great experience.

• Airbnb for business: Airbnb will partner with your business to provide tools and solutions to streamline business travel.

• Best for: people looking for cheap or unique accommodations around the world for vacations or business travel.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs