2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.61/5

Air France Reviews

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

They lost in two different travels my suitcase, and both times they found a trick to keep out of responsibility. Both times the suitcase didn´t arrive with my flight and they said that it will come to my address in 1 time, both times came too late and both times with problems, the first time 3 jackets were stolen from inside and the second time the suitcase came destroyed and with things inside broken. For my ruined vacation, and as a mockery, I was given a miserable bonus, which can only be used on my next Air France trip (as if I would ever) that doesn't cover half of my losses. They suck!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Today is a sad day for me on the way my mother was treated on AF flight. My mother traveled from California without a problem and her layover was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours in Paris but was delayed for 5hrs. Did I tell you my mom was 82yrs old? We requested for a wheelchair all the way only to be told that she doesn’t qualify for wheelchair. She was the last passenger to enter the plane after her screaming because they are ready to leave her. Remember I updated her flight to premium. If my sister has listened to me and not buy AF because of my past experience our mother will not endure this.

Shame on you AF. I will never take AF again and because of this I will not be purchasing KLM or Delta for international flight because I don’t want to end up on AF. They are the rudest people on earth. No integrity at all. If you can do that to an 82 yr old woman then you can do it to anyone. Please boycott Air France because when you get to Paris everything change and all of a sudden they can’t speak English again. Meanwhile they don’t behave like that in USA.

The lady who checked my mother in in California was really nice and assured me she will be taking care of. If this is taking care of then I don’t want to see it the other side. I never personally fly you after my experience 20 years ago and again 15 years ago when I paid extra for KLM and I ended up on your useless airline. I will not fly AF even for $1.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My mother, she is 72yrs old traveling from Vancouver to Bangalore. We requested wheelchair access. After emigration clearance, she was waiting for wheelchair for long time, she asked help for many employees from Air France, but no one helped her. So she met a family and they taken her to the boarding gate. She needs to change from France to Bangalore, again same thing happened. There was about 10 people for wheelchair access, but no one get a proper guidance and access. Again my mother walked until the gate. When she landed in Bangalore, at least she got wheelchair, but still, they didn't help her to get the baggage, she had to ask her from some strangers. And she pushed her trolley herself until exit. She was so upset and tired because of this bad customer service. So now I decided, I never ever use Air France and I won't recommend to anyone. A very very bad customer service.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

The unfortunate hospitalization of my daughter while in Europe required me to make an immediate flight reservation to fly from JFK to Munich. I also needed to upgrade her ticket by hospital order that she must lie down due to a significant concussion. The tickets were initially handled by Delta, but everything else was Air France.

I was able to upgrade her after 2 hours on the phone, and had to take whatever ticket was available for me at short notice, that ended up being premium economy. We were told to speak with Air France in Munich upon our return to hopefully have me closer to her, as I need to check on her while flying. We are now sitting at Munich airport completely disgusted with their lack of caring or flexibility. At check in we asked to change my ticket and were told that we could not. The ticket they booked for me apparently could not be changed - a direct contradiction to what I was told on the phone. I was willing to pay for an upgrade, but was told that I could not, I would have to purchase a brand new ticket and lose all the money paid for the old one. Are you kidding me?!?!

I am traveling because of a family medical injury/ hospitalization and the fact that Air France is so rigid and inflexible is unacceptable. Additionally, my daughter's ticket allowed her to visit the lounge, and although I had premium and alerted the airline to our issue, they would not let me go in with her. We are now together (of course) at the gate, and my daughter is laying on the dirty floor with head and neck pain. We haven’t even gotten on the flight yet and the stress is sky high. It is UNBELIEVABLE that no one could make the changes necessary happen.

On a side note, I suffer from celiac disease and nowhere on check in is there a computerized option to chose a safe meal. The number Delta provides rings endlessly, and I could not get through. My assumption is that even if I did get a person on the phone, they would have told me I needed to contact Air France (a useless option). Air France shame on you! You’re inflexible and uncaring. In the future we will make a point to avoid your airline and advise others to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I travelled on the 3rd of October from Lagos Nigeria to United Kingdom thru Paris. Prior to this, I thought I was returning to the UK on board KLM, however, I was unfortunate to be placed on an Air France flight. I simply asked for tea and didn't get any till about 5 hours later, the plane was freezing and there was absolutely no flight attendant in sight. I used the call button but lo and behold, flight attendants who managed to show up in the cockpit didn't even bother to answer the call. They also had a passive racist attitude towards passengers as most of them were black and were acting as if they were doing the passengers a favour. Funny enough, this isn't the first time I've witnessed such disgusting behaviour from air France, I deliberately avoided them for over 10 years but I guess this return flight with them was done by stealth as they are part of the sky team which included KLM and Delta airline. I will never recommend Air France to my worst enemy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My plane was delayed by about 30 minutes, but this wasn't such a big deal. The worst part was that my luggage was delayed and didn't get on my plane despite a 3 hours stopover in Paris. I understand this happens of course, and I wasn't upset about it. However, I was told I would get my delayed baggage delivered to me the next day. I tracked it online and the luggage was delivered to my home airport, but then I got no new information. The day after it was supposed to arrive I called Air France's lost/delayed baggage phone number, and was told that they can't tell me anything or help me.

I called once again later in the day to ask if they could possibly call the baggage delivery people for an estimated time (I was having to stay home for work to wait for luggage they kept saying would arrive...), and the agent talking to me raised her voice as if speaking to a child and said, "You called earlier and were told your luggage is on a delivery truck, so don't call again." I wasn't told that, but also this was a really rude response to a calm and polite question. It was also evidently a lie because I'm currently still waiting for my luggage to arrive 4 days later and have no information or help on how long this will take or if I will get to see my bag again. This is the worst customer service I've ever had from an airline, and I've lost luggage before which was swiftly and professionally returned. Really, really disappointed and can't recommend Air France to anyone unfortunately.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Worst Experience EVER AT TEL AVIV AIRPORT coming. I explained my Mom has could not walk very far to even get a wheelchair. That she is handicap. Security replied 'if you want a chair she has to walk here to get one." Once at the counter checking in, our flight seats were moved from in front. My seat was 11. A window seat and My Gmom's seat was next to me. They said she had to sit in row 19. I began expressing to them my agent booked those seats specifically and that I needed to sit next to her because of her medical problems. She is now sitting in a wheelchair, clearly they have no regards to people in wheelchairs. He began asking me if I had medical problems because of where I was seating, he asked 3 times and I didn't respond because it was none of his business and two my seat had nothing to do with anything when My G mom needed the help.

The guy next to the rude customer service rep said, "Put them both in row 30." That is the last row on the Plane. She was in between me and another person. She is suppose to be in a aisle. She has her medical card on her persons all the time. There is Policy of theirs that they disregarded which states No Airlines are so suppose to Prohibit anyone that require special attention to move or change their seat. They did not follow policy or accommodate her needs. ACCAA states that. Why was our seats moved after our agent specifically paid additional Fees to sit in row 11 specifically. This has to stop. We've been humiliated by the entire experience. Why are laws in place if a airlines have no regards to follow policy.

Once we left the plane, I happened to look who was sitting in row 11. All I can say there was no need for them to change our seats. Period. Especially seeing her in a wheelchair. She has stents in both legs so think about her sitting in the last row 30 in a 3 seater in the middle with her legs cramped up for 5 hours. My days of sitting in the back of the bus are over. We had no idea row 30 E 30 F was the last row on that plane, but if it wasn't they still violated her rights for not accommodating her needs and providing the quality of care that any persons with disabilities should have that right to have. I am hoping for a proper resolution into this matter and a apology will not sit well when they exhibit the same behaviors on a daily with other people.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I am unable to access my Flying Blue site. I have spoken to many agents who give me a new number to try and they DO NOT work. I have tried an old email and that doesn't work. I have a lot of miles I want to use for a business flight and was told there are cheaper flights right now on the Flying Blue site. The agents can access so they know how many miles I have. It seems to be an IT problem but there is no one who seems able to help me. In frustration I sometimes book Emirates. Also right now on your fare site you have a flt for $611 or a special fare of $680. Go figure. Please just let me get to my Flying Blue site. Thanks.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Two complaints about this below average mediocre airlines:

1) Air France delayed my flights and lost my luggage – which only showed up after 4 days. But wait, the worst part is this: They did not refund my basic clothing purchases AND delivered my luggage AT 2 AM! I am not joking. THE AIR FRANCE PERSON WOKE UP THE ENTIRE ** HOUSE AT 2 AM!

2) Then I thought it was better. So I have a flight today from Toulouse to Paris. Tried to check in online and add a luggage. I couldn't. So I called Air France. The lady told me that I can only add luggages up to 30h prior to my flight, but I can only do online check in within 30h of my flight!!! So basically they are forcing me to pay 40 Euros for my luggage whereas I could pay 15 Euros if I had checked in online. But I cannot check in online AND add a luggage at the same time. WTF?!

This is honestly the worse airlines I have ever flew with. Please choose any other airlines for your trip, as you will have better experience. Air France food is okay, but definitely do not tradeoff against the senseless policies.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Hi, We (family of 4) had booked flights from NYC to India, which was a split dated journey. NYC to London on 4th-Aug and then France to Bengaluru on 16th-Aug. NYC to London was operated by Virgin Atlantic and the seats provided to us were right next to the toilet door. All through the 7 hours of the journey, the toilet door sound and light made us loose rest/sleep which in turn spoiled an entire day after landing at London.

On the way back, I traveled Bengaluru to NYC on 25th-Aug. Flight start at Bengaluru was delayed for 3.5 hours and the same delay added to the Paris-NYC flight. After landing at NYC, again a delay of an hour (waiting on the runway). This added to the luggage collection mess also. An entire afternoon was wasted due to this. I am sure to choose a different next time. Sateesh.

Not sure about Air France?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right Airlines for you.

Air France Company Information