3.6/5 (126 ratings)

About Air France

Air France Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

It has been 5 days now that my luggage is lost. I have made countless calls and trips to the airport only to be met with the most rude and useless "customer service" agents. This is the second time in a six month period Air France has lost my bag. Every person you talk to does not care and tells you a different story. One person told me it was in Paris, others say the system does not tell them, others say it never left Miami. The most frustrating part of it all NO ONE GIVES A CARE AT AIR FRANCE about your missing bag. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. Check the comments under their pictures on social media and their reviews on various websites. They have had an alarming rate of lost bag and everyone sharing the same story as mine. Do not make the same mistake as me. Do your research and do not leave anything meaningful in your suitcase.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Our flight to Tahiti was canceled by Air France covid being the reason given. We paid 1000 euros for a full refund on our tickets. That was in August and we still have not received the refund that was promised within 3 billing cycles. Book at your own risk.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Air France (AF) lost our two bags. One bag was delivered three days after our flight arrived but the bag was severely damaged. The second bag was delivered a full week after our flight arrived. We filed two claims. One claim for the damaged bag and one claim for $321 (with receipts) for the items we needed and replaced while our bag was lost for seven days. We sent Air France a photo of the damaged bag. They told us to receive any reimbursement for the damaged bag, we had to get an estimate of the cost to repair the bag and we had to submit the purchase receipt. We told Air France that we did not have a purchase receipt for the bag as it was a gift.

We drove to the nearest city to take the damaged bag to a repair shop and obtain an estimate. The repair shop recommended that we replace the bag rather than repair it since he could not guarantee the repair. However, he said he would repair the bag for $130 if that was our preference. We submitted the repair estimate of $130 to Air France and they continued to insist that they would not reimburse us for the repair unless we submitted the purchase receipt for the bag. After many emails back and forth AF said that we needed to have the bag repaired and submit the paid invoice. We told them we did not want to repair the bag but put the $130 toward a new bag. They said they were going to close the case since we were not willing to repair the bag and did not have a purchase receipt for the bag.

For the items replaced because our bag was lost for seven days, AF denied the claim because they said we were home and they assume that we have everything we need at home. AF does not know our lifestyle or needs and we resent their making a false assumption and denying our claim of $321. We have spent more than 16 hours on the phone checking on the whereabout of our bags and later filing claims and writing emails trying to get reimbursement for some of the costs we have incurred due to their negligence.

We feel that their customer service is extremely poor and that they have no compassion for the stress and inconvenience they have caused us. We asked for information to escalate the case to a supervisor but the customer service assistant will not provide the information. We were business class customers and spent a lot of money for our tickets. AF is fighting us tooth and nail to avoid reimbursing us a measly $451 for our two claims. We will never fly AF again and recommend that you also avoid flying AF.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

A stewardess woke me up coz my mask not properly aligned. After 35 hours of travel, flight, connections is was asleep on a short flight from CDG to BUD, and the idiot woke me up by poking my shoulder continuously. I was asleep, how could I align the mask every time?! I had my mask on my face, just slipped to a not properly covering position.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Air France double charged me for a flight ticket, their customer service team is unreachable and if I call them on the phone they refuse to give me any explanation or connect me to the relevant department. My bank confirmed one of the charges is just a "hold" (why though?) and I'll get it back in like 30 days. One week later a refund appeared of half the amount of what they charged and it was taken out immediately, 2 seconds later. The Facebook chat team didn't give me an explanation of who is playing around with my account. I found on social media that there are plenty of other people waiting for refunds. This company doesn't care about their customers at all.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I was originally booked on Delta airlines to Paris with one stop in Atlanta. The airline notified me that the flight was oversold and asked for me to take the Air France flight directly to Paris and then to Munich. I agreed with the conditions that I was told that my luggage would be delivered to me the next day. My luggage has medication in there along with a few high valued items that I use for work. When I landed in Munich on Sunday, I reported to the desk fill out a luggage claim.

I called that following Tuesday to inquire about my luggage in which I was told it would be delivered to me on Monday. I was told that the luggage arrived at the airport on 3 separate occasions; all notifications different from what the online luggage tracker populated. Nonetheless, I called Customer service for the 4th time on Friday to explain that I was in need of my luggage because of my medication and work supplies, I was mistreated and denied the opportunity to notify a manager for Air France of my situation by a customer service rep by the name of “Luke”. He would also not give his employee ID number for me to use to reference who I spoke to so I can get the situation rectified. I live 2 hours from the airport and I am single Soldier who works full time.

I was satisfied with the flight. It is just the lack of customer service and attention given to this situation which heavily influences my choice to fly this airline again and also affects my confidence to recommend this airline to others. I am disappointed and still have not received my luggage. I am having to take time off my job to return to Munich to pick up my luggage myself since it’s clearly only something I am concerned about and not the airline. I do recommend not to take a last minute flight with this airline as there is a strong possibility they will lose your luggage and you may not have it for a significant amount of time. This has been a huge inconvenience for something that seems so simple to rectify.

Even if there is anything more the airline can do, “Luke’s” lack of customer service and active listening skills made the situation worse. The whole idea of customer service is to establish a positive rapport and he contradicts that initiative for Air France. Please retrain that service rep. Our correspondence took place around 1000 hour on Friday in Germany. I can be contacted offline for more details in regards to this incident if anyone at Air France cares to make this right

Original review: April 15, 2021

Definitely The WORST Airline ever! We had flights Nice - Costa Rica, onwards was lovely as it was carried via Copa Airlines. Return flights however... were delayed for 2 days (!!), then Costa Rica to Paris was delayed for 1.5 hours, in which case we nearly missed (meaning literally in minutes) our next flight back home, no assistance whatsoever, nobody cared! As I was running breathless, reached to boarding desk, flight attendants asked how far my husband is (with carrying all the baggages), 'if he's far, we can't wait' (?!). Finally arrived to Nice, our luggage was disappeared! We made a claim, which took us another 1.5h. Luggage arrived day after, BROKEN, in which case we also missed our work documents for the presentation, we needed to cancel on the same day.

Now, making claim regarding 2 day delay, I was obviously given most convenient answer 'due COVID', as not to pay compensation. I filed claims, which were closed immediately, with no response, as I was asking proof of the delay, because air carrier is obligated to give proof of flight cancellation or delay, to the passengers - Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 art.5. p.4. In case they don't have valid proof, air carrier needs proceed with the compensation according to Regulation (EEC) No 295/91. Not to mention, 'canceled due healthy reason' as reserved flight, meant that next flight, as people didn't purchase seats, all of us were seated mixed with everyone, families, children, couples, you name it, during COVID!! All of us were quite anxious as flight was over 10h, sitting in completely full aircraft, between strangers!

Original review: April 1, 2021

We flew from L A to Paris. The plane only served one liquid drink in the long flight. The food had no taste and I didn’t even finish. The flight on return home was the same terrible thing. I wouldn’t recommend flying Air France to anyone.

Original review: March 17, 2021

The service is always excellent. The prices are not the cheapest but the schedule to travel from the USA to Paris and back are the most convenient to accommodate me with the jet lag. They are on time. The food is very good. A croissant and a coffee before landing in Paris is already a taste of France.

Original review: March 1, 2021

A refund due to COVID-19 flight cancellation was processed in Jan. 2021 for a May 2020 RT flight for 3 adults bet. San Francisco and Paris CDG. Have not received refund to this date! No reply from AF!

Air France Company Information