2. Travel
  3. Airlines

4.0/5 (297 ratings)

About Air France

Air France Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: April 15, 2021

Definitely The WORST Airline ever! We had flights Nice - Costa Rica, onwards was lovely as it was carried via Copa Airlines. Return flights however... were delayed for 2 days (!!), then Costa Rica to Paris was delayed for 1.5 hours, in which case we nearly missed (meaning literally in minutes) our next flight back home, no assistance whatsoever, nobody cared! As I was running breathless, reached to boarding desk, flight attendants asked how far my husband is (with carrying all the baggages), 'if he's far, we can't wait' (?!). Finally arrived to Nice, our luggage was disappeared! We made a claim, which took us another 1.5h. Luggage arrived day after, BROKEN, in which case we also missed our work documents for the presentation, we needed to cancel on the same day.

Now, making claim regarding 2 day delay, I was obviously given most convenient answer 'due COVID', as not to pay compensation. I filed claims, which were closed immediately, with no response, as I was asking proof of the delay, because air carrier is obligated to give proof of flight cancellation or delay, to the passengers - Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 art.5. p.4. In case they don't have valid proof, air carrier needs proceed with the compensation according to Regulation (EEC) No 295/91. Not to mention, 'canceled due healthy reason' as reserved flight, meant that next flight, as people didn't purchase seats, all of us were seated mixed with everyone, families, children, couples, you name it, during COVID!! All of us were quite anxious as flight was over 10h, sitting in completely full aircraft, between strangers!

Original review: April 1, 2021

We flew from L A to Paris. The plane only served one liquid drink in the long flight. The food had no taste and I didn’t even finish. The flight on return home was the same terrible thing. I wouldn’t recommend flying Air France to anyone.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2021

The service is always excellent. The prices are not the cheapest but the schedule to travel from the USA to Paris and back are the most convenient to accommodate me with the jet lag. They are on time. The food is very good. A croissant and a coffee before landing in Paris is already a taste of France.

Original review: March 1, 2021

A refund due to COVID-19 flight cancellation was processed in Jan. 2021 for a May 2020 RT flight for 3 adults bet. San Francisco and Paris CDG. Have not received refund to this date! No reply from AF!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

My name is Devendra ** and I booked my ticket from New York JFK to Bagdogra which Expedia made my reservations on Air France in September 2020. My itinerary number is **. Due to Coronavirus no flights were there so Air France issued me a voucher. I am unable to use this voucher to purchase my ticket. I called Expedia and Expedia transfers me to Air France or KLM and both airlines and Expedia are not able to help me out. They keep on making me go back and forth with Expedia and Air France, this is harassment.

I paid my money in September and now I can't even get a flight I want with the voucher. How many hours I have to hold to get a representative of Expedia. Today I was trying to use my voucher to book my flight to KTM and back and Air France or KLM does not have any flight and can't help me. Expedia is the one to book my flight on Air France when I booked online on Expedia website. This is too much. Either refund my money or give me my ticket please.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Flight got cancelled without reason or notice and I was stuck for 3 days in a hotel and had to pay and do a new covid test because the prior test expired by the following Monday. I was stranded and couldn't get back to my family and my job was put at risk. Zero responsibility and zero customer care. Customer care simply said contact WestJet. I did not make a booking with Westjet. I booked with Airfrance. I do not care that 1 leg was fulfilled by Westjet, all flights booked were Airfrance and they should take responsibility not pass the buck. Rated 1 because a Zero isn't available!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

We bought flights to France in 2019. Months before our flight, when the pandemic hit, we could obviously not make the original trip happen. I work in healthcare and did not need to put anyone at risk by traveling so we decided to cancel or reschedule. Air France completely disregarded us, we have called, emailed, messaged, and attempted every single way to get ahold of them just to get an automated response about how we need to wait until closer to our flight to cancel due to high volume. We did that, still no reply. It is now Christmas time and we still have yet to be contacted about a claim submitted in March regarding September. It’s outrageous we paid for something in a pandemic and were never offered a way to re book or schedule or a refund. Worst customer service and experience ever and now we’re out thousands of dollars.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Recently traveled Air France business. Worst business experience ever. They barely talked to us customers and didn't pass by to the point that we had to collect our trash in a bag and give to them at the end. Covid is being used an excuse for everything even poor service. Also some flight attendants didn't wear masks the entire time. Just bad, bad, bad.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2020

In the least crowded time of traveling the airline lost my baggage, 1 suitcase. It has been 2 days now that I am in Paris and I have been given 3 different stories as to where my suitcase is; the first one said it arrived on at 9:42 AM just an hour after my flight arrived, another earlier today said it arrived 11AM. The last customer service person, said that my suitcase is it's on the way, then I asked to speak to a manager she said she doesn't have one and replied "you're talking to me, sir" before hanging up. Behold! This is how you are treated by this company, they lose your baggage and take no accountability and just outright lie to you without remorse.

I will no longer be relying on Air France for any of my travels. There is no excuse for this horrible service as at this point the Covid pandemic is nothing new and the airline can't blame the loss of my baggage for having an elevated number of travelers/passengers flying. It is now Tuesday evening in Paris and I'm leaving back to NY on Monday. I wonder if I will even have my suitcase by then. Don't waste your money on Air France.

Original review: May 21, 2020

My partner and I flew business from Colombia to France back in March. The crew wore no masks, the flight was packed. The crew told me they did not have to wear mask because they were healthy despite not having taken any tests. I found the crew very arrogant - they made me feel as serving me was a great gift to me. The food was bland and the seats not great compared to other business class seats. What really upset me that 3 months later I am still waiting for a refund for my cancelled flight in line with EU law. They have not even offered me a voucher. I wrote to the CEO and I was told that Air France is trying to convince the government to allow them not to refund flights. Since when are passengers meant to finance airlines? My refund from EasyJet arrived punctually. Avoid this arrogant airline.

Air France Company Information