3.2/5 (691 ratings)

About Air France

Air France Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: April 27, 2022

I bought a ticket via Air France on April 12, on April 13, 12 hours later I cancelled due to my belief I had Covid. I called Air France and Nyver assured me that he had cancelled the ticket. On the 14 the Covid test was negative and I booked another trip exactly like the one I thought was cancelled. Same destination, same flight, same traveller, same credit card etc. AIR FRANCE charged me TWICE for the same flight. LOCATOR: W3VK4K = NOT CANCELLED. LOCATOR 3BCJOP (the one I actually travelled with) on April 18- 25 2022. Flights # AF 1127-968 -969-1726. The most amazing event was that at the check in counter the AirFrance agent saw I had two reservations and said nothing.

Original review: April 12, 2022

Ticket agent took my credit card to another counter and charged me 3 times and none of the charges were the amount she quoted me for an overweight baggage. I ended up being charged 240, 85 and 45 Euros and I do not know what for and have not seen $120 euro charge for the overweight baggage. This is so confusing and since I left the airport I am having a difficult time disputing the charges with American Express. Please be aware of Air France.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2022

The A350 plane is great for passengers (comfortable and quiet). However, the Air France service in Mumbai is sub-par at best and the service on board is not good either.

Mumbai ground staff ==>
    - I was unable to check-in via their website.
    - They weighed my bags at the check-in counter in Mumbai (no issues here) but they weighed by back pack and my carry on (Delta and KLM don't do this).

- Since I had 8kg more than their limit they asked to me to either pay $200 to check it in or remove excess weight.

- I removed the excess weight but was still 3kgs over. I asked if I could pay for the extra (3KG) and she said, "NO, we don't negotiate." The Ground Staff Manager was very rude and unwilling to even engage in conversation.
    - In the meantime, they had the same issue with at least (5) other passengers yelling at them about checked baggage.

- My inbound flight on Delta (DTW to BOM) via AMS had no weight issues for carry on baggage as they didn't even check.

On board Air France service ==>
    - On board staff didn't even care for customers as they wouldn't even make eye contact.

- They served the first meal within (30) minutes but did NOT serve any alcohol. The Stewardess said they don't serve it because it's too early and not served with breakfast.

- 7 hrs and 30 minutes later they served lunch (nothing served in between not even a bottle of water like other airlines). I asked for a beer and the stewardess in typical French rudeness said "NO"!!! No further explanation was provided.
    - I was even willing to pay but that option was not offered.

- Didn't want to pursue any further due to their rudeness.

In conclusion, avoid this airline if you can. Their codeshare partners Delta and KLM are far better. Perhaps the service was poor because they didn't like serving a plane full of Indians. Not sure but it's certainly disappointing that an airline treats it customers as a nuisance.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

Requesting a full refund for extra charges - flight ticket difference on December 27, 2021 (**). I had earlier paid for my flight tickets at 1421.22 CAD (Toronto - Lagos). Upon arrival at Pearson Airport Toronto (YYZ), I was informed about a need for a Schengen Visa which will enable me travel from Amsterdam to Paris. At the time of booking my flight ticket, I was not informed of a need for a Schengen Visa and neither was it displayed on Air France official website. With subsequent emails and phone calls to customer service, I still was not informed of a Schengen Visa. That being said, I was misinformed by Air France which looks unprofessional from their organization. I requested for a full refund of the cost difference in rebooking a flight ticket which was 1143.78 CAD.

I later applied for a refund stating my claims and was only refunded 88.88 CAD. This made me feel ridiculed and less valued. At this point, I realized I was bullied, exploited and extorted. If you are reading this message, I’ll like you to boycott Air France because they have no interest in your customer satisfaction. Rather, Air France only cares about exploiting and extorting passengers.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

Yesterday Jan 25, we flew Colombo, Sri Lanka to Paris, a 10.5 hour flight. We were fed an OK meal about 1 hour into the flight. For the next over 7 hours we were not offered even a water. Nothing. And my coffee cup and my wife's wine glass from dinner remained in the cupholders untouched. For over 7 hours the flight attendants were nonexistent. Many people around us complaining. NO excuse for this on a smooth flight with no turbulence.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

It has been 5 days now that my luggage is lost. I have made countless calls and trips to the airport only to be met with the most rude and useless "customer service" agents. This is the second time in a six month period Air France has lost my bag. Every person you talk to does not care and tells you a different story. One person told me it was in Paris, others say the system does not tell them, others say it never left Miami. The most frustrating part of it all NO ONE GIVES A CARE AT AIR FRANCE about your missing bag. DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY. Check the comments under their pictures on social media and their reviews on various websites. They have had an alarming rate of lost bag and everyone sharing the same story as mine. Do not make the same mistake as me. Do your research and do not leave anything meaningful in your suitcase.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

Our flight to Tahiti was canceled by Air France covid being the reason given. We paid 1000 euros for a full refund on our tickets. That was in August and we still have not received the refund that was promised within 3 billing cycles. Book at your own risk.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2022

Air France (AF) lost our two bags. One bag was delivered three days after our flight arrived but the bag was severely damaged. The second bag was delivered a full week after our flight arrived. We filed two claims. One claim for the damaged bag and one claim for $321 (with receipts) for the items we needed and replaced while our bag was lost for seven days. We sent Air France a photo of the damaged bag. They told us to receive any reimbursement for the damaged bag, we had to get an estimate of the cost to repair the bag and we had to submit the purchase receipt. We told Air France that we did not have a purchase receipt for the bag as it was a gift.

We drove to the nearest city to take the damaged bag to a repair shop and obtain an estimate. The repair shop recommended that we replace the bag rather than repair it since he could not guarantee the repair. However, he said he would repair the bag for $130 if that was our preference. We submitted the repair estimate of $130 to Air France and they continued to insist that they would not reimburse us for the repair unless we submitted the purchase receipt for the bag. After many emails back and forth AF said that we needed to have the bag repaired and submit the paid invoice. We told them we did not want to repair the bag but put the $130 toward a new bag. They said they were going to close the case since we were not willing to repair the bag and did not have a purchase receipt for the bag.

For the items replaced because our bag was lost for seven days, AF denied the claim because they said we were home and they assume that we have everything we need at home. AF does not know our lifestyle or needs and we resent their making a false assumption and denying our claim of $321. We have spent more than 16 hours on the phone checking on the whereabout of our bags and later filing claims and writing emails trying to get reimbursement for some of the costs we have incurred due to their negligence.

We feel that their customer service is extremely poor and that they have no compassion for the stress and inconvenience they have caused us. We asked for information to escalate the case to a supervisor but the customer service assistant will not provide the information. We were business class customers and spent a lot of money for our tickets. AF is fighting us tooth and nail to avoid reimbursing us a measly $451 for our two claims. We will never fly AF again and recommend that you also avoid flying AF.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2021

A stewardess woke me up coz my mask not properly aligned. After 35 hours of travel, flight, connections is was asleep on a short flight from CDG to BUD, and the idiot woke me up by poking my shoulder continuously. I was asleep, how could I align the mask every time?! I had my mask on my face, just slipped to a not properly covering position.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Air France double charged me for a flight ticket, their customer service team is unreachable and if I call them on the phone they refuse to give me any explanation or connect me to the relevant department. My bank confirmed one of the charges is just a "hold" (why though?) and I'll get it back in like 30 days. One week later a refund appeared of half the amount of what they charged and it was taken out immediately, 2 seconds later. The Facebook chat team didn't give me an explanation of who is playing around with my account. I found on social media that there are plenty of other people waiting for refunds. This company doesn't care about their customers at all.

Air France Company Information