1.16/5
Based on 141 reviews that contain star ratings

264 Air France Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have had several occasions where Air France have repeatedly changed flight dates and times. We again booked direct Cape Town-Paris return flights for April 2019 but were informed by email on 26 April this year, that our return flight was cancelled and that we have been booked on a return flight three days later. The new date is utterly unsuitable as we have fixed commitments.

AF were not prepared to re-book us for alternative dates for April 2019 for the same time away and were thus obliged to pay a re-booking charge. The only alternatives were connecting flights via Amsterdam or Johannesburg both of which present problems with either unacceptably early times via Amsterdam thus wasting a full day, or having to collect luggage in Johannesburg, pass immigration and customs to connect to a Cape Town flight. We booked AF to get direct flights - not for connecting flights. We will not be flying AF again as they are just simply too unreliable and treat their customers with disrespect.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Booked tickets many weeks prior to our travel to be well prepared and avoid any issues. Journey was Lisbon to Paris then a week later Paris to London. Arrived for our 10:35 flight early to be told that our seats had been cancelled and we would be on the evening flight. Turns out that the large plane previously scheduled was not full and so they put on a smaller plane and bumped off the excess passengers. Perfect example of profit over customers. No thought to the human story behind every flight that is taken. This behaviour seems to be policy rather than an exception given the numbers on social media who have equally been abused. It basically means any ticket booked for Air France cannot be trusted and flying with them is a lottery.

To further underline this awful experience worst was to follow. On the second leg of our journey a week later Paris to London my case did not arrive. I was horrified as I was flying to England to attend my daughter's wedding just two days later. The case contained important clothes but more crucially a very personal gift to my Daughter that I had planned for many years to give to her on her wedding day. I went immediately to the Air France desk where I was nonchalantly advised that my case was not loaded. I was very distressed and pleaded for help. I was assured to not worry and told my bag will be on the next flight to my hotel. It wasn't, in fact it was not delivered to me until the early hours of the 22nd August some seven days later. It caused us incredible inconvenience and stress having to spend our holiday time replacing the essentials we needed.

More horrible was the loss of not giving my daughter that special moment when I was to present her gift. It was a signed picture of Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant and relates to a very personal story in her childhood. That moment we can never get back and I hold Air France fully responsible for taking that away from us. I was calling them daily throughout and most days I was lied to in being told my baggage was to be on a flight when it never was. The staff really did not seem to care. I suffer from hypertension and this whole experience only served to exasperate that condition. I have only flown with Air France twice and they messed up both times. On social media the airline is described as Air Chance… now I see why. Never again.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We arrived from Venice on Friday the 10th of August. Since our arrival in Paris, Air France had lost our luggage. My husband is on chronic medication which I have mentioned to the Air France staff on the Facebook page as well as at the airport, it fell on deaf ears. Instead of sending the bags to us in Paris, it was sent back to Venice, then back to Paris and it has been at the airport for the past few days and was never sent to us.

We have been lied too every day since arrival that the bags are coming the same day and never arrived. We have been in contact with the baggage department as well as the official Facebook page who told us to come to the airport on the day we were leaving and our baggage would be given to us easily. We rushed to the airport, and ran frantically to the other end of the airport only to be received by the most arrogant, rude and nasty staff we had ever encountered.

At first the woman that assisted us was so uninterested and rude and said that she could only locate one bag, (when on the tracking website as well as the Facebook page, it states clearly that both bags had been found). We asked for a manager as she stated she could not give us any bags. He was even more unhelpful (to say the least) and kept trying to send us off saying that our flight is boarding we must go - why did we chose Air France if we had an issue - he stated that the Air France official page information was 'mistaken' and 'nonsense' - he mentioned that our luggage was in the Paris airport but he could not give it to us. When we asked why could we not get our bags after all it is ours he said that it needed to go through security and whole lot of other 'channels' and carried on trying to chase us away and get us out of his hair.

Eventually we left as our flight was boarding and this is how we ended our honeymoon frustrated, very upset (me in tears all the way to South Africa) and disappointed to say the least. After we had left, the official Air France Facebook person said in a nutshell that I should've known that the bag would go through channels and it would not be so easy to obtain (they never mentioned anything about this before and spoke as if it would be given to us easily) and they cannot help with the way we were treated besides me lodging a complaint on the website.

By the manager saying that he can’t help us and why did we decide to travel on Air France was appalling. Everyone in this airline passes the buck to the next and cannot give any answers as to why we were told to come fetch the luggage and then refused! What surprised us most was he was rude, arrogant and was very nasty to me especially being a woman, this is how Air France treats their passengers. Air France has humiliated us. Making passengers run around for baggage, telling them they can collect their belongings, and then refusing to give it to them when they get there!

This experience has ruined our honeymoon and literally made my husband more sick and me in tears every day that we spent in Paris. We could not do half the things we wanted to do as we had nothing. The time we should've spent together we spent shopping for unnecessary items and spending unnecessary money. It has been a week, we are back in South Africa and still no luggage, no communication and no relief. Not only is their service horrid, their flight was terrible (bumping, sudden turns, bad landing and ran out of food when the plane was not even full!) Whoever is thinking of using this airline, think again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Flight delayed. Kind enough to reroute us but refused to get our bags off the plane. Assured us that our bags would arrive at the same time or possibly before us. First empty promise. Bags didn’t arrive or so they said. We have been here going on our third day only to find out that our bags have been here for at least 24 to 48 hours and no one can get them to us. This is ridiculous when there is medication in there that my husband needs. No one seems to care and they just say I need to wait. Don’t go to the airport. They certainly don’t want that because then it might disrupt their process and make them look bad. Funny how that works.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This is the one and ONLY time we fly with Air France. They delayed our departure flight from NY to Rome with a stopover in Paris by half a day. Then when we checked in they lost record of our luggage purchase and forced us to purchase room for our luggage twice. As we waited for the flight you board they announced that the flight which was now leaving close to midnight was delayed again. I am not in the slightest satisfied with their customer service or general way of doing business. It was a horrible start to a long awaited vacation. Avoid Air France!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: July 24, 2018

I booked flights for my wife and I from Cape Town to LONDON LHR via Paris CDG a few weeks ago departing CT in December and returning on 8th January 2019. End of last week they cancelled my return flight from London to Paris and replaced it with one which meant an overnight stop in PARIS CDG. I didn't mind this but when I asked them to book a hotel for my wife and I overnight in Paris CDG they said it was down to us and we are BUSINESS CLASS passengers. THEY CHANGED THE FLIGHT and therefore it is their responsibility to provide HOTEL ACCOMMODATION. The people Air France employ in South Africa must be completely thick **!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

My daughter and I flew to Paris on Air France. We arrived in Paris and we didn’t receive our bags. We immediately went to the luggage claims area to file a report. The agents were rude and not the least bit helpful. They said that our bags would be delivered to our hotel. Everyday I checked with the concierge and there were no bags. I received messages saying they would be arriving by a delivery service. Three days later my bag arrived at 10:00 pm. My daughter’s bag was not there. Hers arrived at 10:00 pm the next night. We were leaving Paris on Monday. It caused a considerable amount of stress and made the trip very unpleasant. I was absolutely amazed by the rudeness of the Air France agents.

On our way home our Air France flight was over 2 hours late leaving Paris. If an explanation was given, I couldn’t understand it. We missed our connecting flight and we were given no assistance from AF. Our connecting flight was on Delta and by the time we landed the counter was closed. I knew that a JetBlue had a late flight which we were able to get on. When our plane landed at JFK, we sat waiting for a plane to leave the gate. We waited over 30 minutes to reach the gate. No apologies were given. I asked again about our connecting flight and again no one could help us. They just didn’t care. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone with Air France today. Most of the time was spent on hold. I will never travel on Air France again. It was the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Updated on 07/25/2018: I have contacted Air France and I am still waiting for a response regarding reimbursement for the Jet Blue flight. The Air France customer service rep was very helpful and she said she would do her best to help me. I wish I could say the same for the flight attendants. If Air France and Delta are partners they should be able to communicate with each other. The whole trip was a disaster from the beginning. Our original flight was cancelled, a rude ticket agent who was unhappy about trying to get us on another flight, lost luggage, rude Air France agents in the baggage claim counter in Paris, mixed messages about when our bags would be delivered and a delayed flight and no help with our connecting flight. Air France has a lot of training to do in regards to customer service. We were also told since we missed our flight, we would have to pay for a hotel at our own expense.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My sister in law came to Toronto on May 27th, 2018 flying from Moscow to Toronto via Paris. Her bag was lost and it's July 11, 2018 today and we still have no information on our bag. First of all, the customer service of Air France is the worst of any other company I've used before. I spoke to 5 different agents on the phone and everyone gave me different information. The first person told me to wait for a few days and that we would receive a call/email from AF about your bag.

The second person told me to wait 21 days to get an email/call with the search results from AF. The third person told me to wait 60 days to receive an email/call. The fourth person told me that the case had been sent to a Russian office and that they would contact us soon. After waiting for 2 more weeks I called again and the fifth person told me that the previous info about Russian office he doesn't know if it is true or not and that we now have to wait for 90 days.

AF - is this even REAL???? How do you train your staff???? Why no one can tell me an honest answer on the whole procedure regarding the lost bag??? My sister-in-law is 15 and it was her first trip to Canada. She is still upset about the lost items and we have to spend some much money to buy her new clothes. We also had so many gifts from our parents and relatives that we haven't seen for 5 years and everything is lost!!!! I am so disappointed with this miscommunication that I wrote a complaint on an official AF website. You know what - no one responded back to me!!!! By the way, we are still waiting for the first cheque for the NECESSITY PURCHASES - it's almost 2 months and it's somewhere we don't know where.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My husband and I flew out of Atlanta then Paris with final destination to Basel, Switzerland for transport to our Viking Cruise up the Rhine River. Our bags never made it from Paris to Basel. After 2 days of attempting to locate our bags, Air France was no help! The only explanation we received was our bags were in Paris and didn't know when we would get them because "the system is down". On day Three, Air France told us we could drive to Paris and pick up our bags but they would not be able to fly them to us at this point.

We rented a car, drove 10 Hours round trip from Germany, missed our Paid excursions with Viking Cruise, only to have an extremely RUDE encounter with the bags claims manager and were told we could NOT pick up our bags. We had to spend a couple of hours south of France just trying to find some underwear and toiletry and arrived back at the next port in Mannheim at 2:30 AM waiting outside in the pouring rain while our ship came to port. Remember we are in a foreign country trying to navigate where we are driving...that stress alone was exhausting. Not including the roaming charges to get to Paris with navigation on our phone. Missed our next early morning excursion trying to get some sleep.

The Entire Viking crew was involved in trying to get our bags. Multiple calls each day from staff members and us. Each told a totally different story and no accountability from Delta or Air France. Our bags flew back and forth from the States to Europe. Not one Rep could give us a straight answer. Our entire trip was spent dealing the Air France! We spent 8 DAYS without our luggage or any idea as to how or if they would be able to return it to us at our permanent address. This disaster destroyed our vacation! We were unable to go out and enjoy multiple ports.

When we did get off the ship, it was to find more essentials because of the constant mixed information from Air France!! After 9 days of 3 calls a day averaging 2 hours each our bags arrived back at our home airport. We only found them because we happen to go to the airport and ask them to look and see if they had them. Not One Person called us or reached out to us from Air France during these 9 days. The airline still had no idea where our bags were when they finally reached out to us on day 10 and we had to inform them of our bags were finally home. We expect full reimbursement for items we had to purchase but mostly we expect full reimbursement from Air France for airfare and the full trip. The lack of accountability and incompetence of the airline made each day a disaster!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I recently flew on Air France with my 2 kids from Paris to Atlanta. During the flight I went to use the restrooms near the very back galley area. I saw a young man holding a ZIPPO butane lighter with the flame up high. He was playing with the open flame lighter making the flame go as high as possible. I asked the male flight attendant if this was permitted on board Air France flights because in over 50 trips over the last 20 years I have never seen this. He said "Oh, madame, this is not a problem". Then he walked over to the young man and said, "Oh, you are O.K." and he went back to his tasks.

I had to request help from a purser in business class. He took the lighter away. The man continued to hang around and began walking past my seat giving me the middle finger. When we were in customs line in Atlanta, I spotted the same man holding the lighter in his hand. Not knowing whether this guy was connecting on another flight, or wanting to do harm on U.S soil, I notified a TSA worker.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My mother in law had a heart attack and had 2 stents put in her veins. Doctors advised her to not do international travel for at least 2 months. When I asked to cancel ticket, I am being charged a high fees (almost 25% of total purchase price). If I try to cancel this ticket from Air France US, they would refund me full amount without any fees as the passenger cannot travel because of medical condition, if I can provide hospital papers. While purchasing the ticket, I changed the site from US to India because my mother in law was travelling from India to US, so I thought it is better to use credit card from India as sometimes the US card is blocked. India customer care is just not ready to refund amount. I do not understand why the policy needs to be different based on your race/domicile? So SAD in this global world, company like Air France has domicile based policies. If someone needs to buy Air France ticket, buy it from US site if you have option. :(

Original review: May 13, 2018

I booked a roundtrip flight with my sister on 04/24/18 going to Lome, the capital of the Republic of Togo. During the first leg of the trip which departed from Wash Dulles Inter. Airport heading to Paris Charles DeGaulle airport, my sister legs were being literally crushed by the passengers in front of us. Despite the already compact leg room in Econ class, this passenger was reclining her seat with blunt forcefulness and aggression despite knowing very well that her seat was smashing in my sister's legs due to the obvious encountered resistance of her extensive reclining motion. The passenger turned back several times to acknowledge the consequence of her action and yet continued to persist on maximizing her seat's reclining extension. My sister is slim built.

My sister, being the calm and shy person she is respectfully appealed to the passenger's kindness and consideration about the situation but the passenger decided to be rude and disregarded the appeal. The passenger's male companion joined the interaction and upheld their mutual common stance refusing a slight adjustment of the seat as a compromise. Once the male companion passenger got involved in the original interaction between my sister and the opposing passenger, I immediately got involved as well and the interaction started to become a bit heated. Finally, a middle age male Air France flight attendant approached my seat and asked to know about the issue. I gave a brief explanation of what was happening and the fact that my sister legs are being crushed and we needed some sort of help given the resistance we've encountered from the passengers in front of us in trying to find a resolution compromise.

This flight attendant had the nerve to respond that the passengers "had the right" to recline their seats as they saw fit, as if as passengers of equal status, my sister and I were somewhat exempt of the same rights and optimal comfort we've been due when we've entered into a business transaction with Air France. The flight attendant's extremely odd approach to the already heated situation further escalated tensions. He also had the nerves to command me to be quiet! To top it all off, he decided to disregard my sister and I as the primary complainants and instead choosed to offer a class upgrade to the two passengers in front of us. I was shocked and in disbelief.

I spent the rest of the flight trying to find a logical, intelligent explanation about what my sister and I have just experienced and couldn't find any logical professional reasoning other than discriminatory bias based on the fact that we are ** and the opposing passengers of conflict were **. The rest of the flight was a torturous experience. The discomfort and anger etc was overwhelming however we've slowly found a way to retain composure. We finally requested to log-in a formal in-flight incident complaint which was answered by 2 flight crew supervisors I believe. The reason why I say "I believe" is because when I requested the names of these Air France in-flight crew members for the purpose of my report, they refused to provide their names. They equally refused to provide the name of the involved flight attendant.

The Air France supervisor crew eventually made a poor attempt to apologize with an obvious absence of sincerity and compassion. It's been almost 3 weeks since we've opened the referenced service case and have yet to get a single follow up from their customer care department. We are due to fly back in 2 weeks with Air France. My wish at this point would be to cancel the return leg of my trip with Air France, obtain a full refund and rebook our return flight to the State with a different airline. A very disgusting experience with what was once an internationally renowned airline! Never again! Ps: I forgot to mention also that I was served a mini wine bottle with a broken seal which clearly indicates a recycling and rebottling of unfinished previously served wine... Terrible!

Original review: May 8, 2018

Absolutely horrible experience. After many years of taking Air France, this is the last time I book a ticket with them! I am COMPLETELY fed up with their rudeness, lack of interest and incredible incompetence. I had numerous issues along the years and this one is one too many. I spent 2 phones calls and 2 hours on the phone to be able to understand what's my baggage allowance... Unbelievable... And at the end the answer is, well, "our system is not updated, please be prepared to pay for your luggage". This is simply a bad joke. I find it incredible that the employees strike to get a raise. In my opinion, with all the benefits they have, employees of Air France should actually have a salary cut.

Original review: April 6, 2018

DO NOT CHOOSE AIR FRANCE!!! For 1 YEAR I am still waiting for a reasonable answer and for my refund. I bought a ticket Casablanca-Paris-Boston (05/03/17) & Boston-Paris-Casablanca (20/03/17). There was no problem with payment when I bought the ticket on Air France website. 1 week before coming Morocco back, I received a mail from Air France that my ticket was suspended due to payment issues. I could not get further info from customer desk in airport, by phone, on website or via mail. So I bought a new ticket on the last minute, paid a lot, waited 12 hours at Portugal for transfer and missed 1 day from work, had a cut on my salary because of this.

Also I sent many mails, made many calls, send messages on website and visited Air France office in Casablanca airport, ticket office in Casablanca 4 times, Air France office 2 times in Istanbul as well. It is an endless loop because call center directs me to ticket office, tickets office directs to website, website advises to call the call center. My last visit to ticket office in Casablanca was on 30 and 31 October. They told me that they have no idea why this is happening, after my struggle for 1 hour. I have even been accused with lying at Air France check in desk in Boston as well, which was not acceptable. Finally I lost so much money for my flight tickets, salary cuts from work in order to visit Air France office many times, made many phone calls, spend money and efforts.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I was in flight AF1088 on Saturday March 10. Passengers seated on 1a, 1c and 1d have spent more than 1 hour in the pilots cabin. I have noted to the flight attendant (which was taking care of the business class) the situation and he has replied that, "It is not your job what the pilots are doing." Soon thereafter passenger in seat 1d has returned. Passengers from 1a and 1b have exits the pilots cabin after the plane landed.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

14 days now without my bags. Terrible experience on Air France and CDG. Saw two fist fights at security checkpoint. People pushing and no crowd control at all. Then AF loses my bags. Horrible experience having to fly and now deal with AF. It’s unbelievable that in 2018 AF still does not have bag scanners to track where a bag is located. For the last 14 days I’ve called AF daily only to wait on hold up to 30 minute then only to hear “Sorry, we don’t have any updates”. This WITH a Highly visible CREW TAG on the exterior of the bag. Trust me- avoid AF at all costs- I know my company and I will not be giving AF any business going forward.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I booked a multi-city travel itinerary with Jet Airways in India. One of the sectors I booked, Boston-Paris, is operated by Air France under codeshare with Jet Airways. I called their local India operations multiple times to book my SEATS on this flight but they give a lame excuse of not having access to the systems to be able to help passengers CHOOSE their seats in advance. I am obviously happy to pay their regular charges for advance seat selection, but I am appalled to experience this discrimination between the quality of services rendered to clients across different countries!!! Shouldn't airlines businesses (truly as global as any business can get) standardize their basic services like advance seat select to all global customers regardless of where they are domiciled!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Basically I am here 4 days without luggage near to Xmas and I forced to travel a lot to collect if arrives to Cali Airport. The plane that bring me from Paris was a very old Airbus. The onboard screen for entertainment was really old and almost not visible. If you can avoid Air France better.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I was suppose to travel from Washington DC to Dakar Senegal (Africa) October 13 2017 at 6.05 pm because my father just pass away in Senegal September 30 2017. I am from Africa but I am a US citizen and I come in this country 16 years ago and never go back in Africa but travel a lot, so always doing a booking online so I can avoid line at the airport. So I buy my ticket October 12, 2017 around 10.30 am and like I always does, make my booking online around 10 pm the same day. Next day exiting and sad because finally I will be able to go on my father grave. I went at the airport October 13, 2017 at 4.30. At the counter they told me I don't have ticket. I have to go to see the cashier.

So front of the cashier now I hand her my passport and after she went through the computer for about 2 min she said, "Your ticket was cancel and they refund the money." I ask why and when, she said she don't know, she said they receive a email saying I have to come at the airport to buy a ticket in person and she give me a piece of paper with the number of Air France to call. I swear I wait on the line for 45 min and miss my flight of course. I even talk to my bank by the time I was waiting and the bank said they didn't receive any refund from them and was even able to go through my account to see the amount is still pending there and the cashier was so unpleasant and so rude until I spoke to one of the supervisor. So finally someone answer me over the phone and told me "ANY FLIGHT TO AFRICA, YOU CAN'T DO THE BOOKING ONLINE LESS THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT. It must be done before or only at the airport."

My question is why when I start my booking Air France didn't give me any red flag or warning, just let me do it and cancel my flight and my money is now pending and doesn't have enough to cover another airplane ticket at the airport. I just have to come back home and cry feeling like a loser because wasn't be able to go on my father grave. Air France said the money will be available in couple day in my account. I was punish because I am from Africa, so they need 72 hours to make sure it wasn't a stolen credit card, I am so discuss.

And tonight I find out that is when they allow me to do the booking around 10.30 pm and send me the confirmation yesterday around 10.45 pm and at 3 am a email from payment control send me a email to said they cancel my ticket. I mean what is going or why Air France set this rule from us African people. By the meantime I am here crying my Dad from the distance, really sad.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

As a loyal customer of Air France, no longer, my family purchases round trip flights from Houston to Paris 3-4 times a year, My sister and I have been traveling as unaccompanied minors, to Paris to visit our father, and now as young traveling adults since 2006. My experience with this last trip, cancellation of a Paris to Houston, via Amsterdam, was very badly handled, with Air France employees walking away in frustration, SCREAMING (can you believe) at very anxious passengers, rudeness towards the passengers beyond anything I have witnessed in my years of traveling, flight cancellation, delays...etc, we were left on the plane for over 2 hours until we finally deplaned and were told of the cancellation. It took another 5 hours at the gate for ONE Air France employee to reroute all the passengers on board, it took another several hours to obtain our vouchers for our rescheduled flight, mine was 2 DAYS LATER.

My flight that day was at 730 am, I left the airport at 7pm, that how long this cancellation took. When I finally arrived in Houston, August 18th, my luggage did not. I was told it would be arriving in Houston on Sunday 7-20-17at 240 pm, so I stayed in a hotel two nights to wait, as home is Austin, Texas. It did not arrive, and to date (Sept 3, 2017), has not arrived. I have been told the bag is in Paris, then the bag is in Amsterdam, then the bag is in Houston, then we do not know, then it is coming on the next flight from Paris. No one at the Air France baggage customer service can give a knowledgeable answer nor can they take the time to investigate. We will no longer book Air France.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Thank you for your response and apologies. I would like to clarify to you that yes I contacted Air France special assistance desk 48 hours before departure from the US to request a wheelchair assistance to use at Charles de Gaulle airport and upon our arrival at Washington DC airport. The wheelchair assistance was never provided during the time with Air France. This is from Naples, Italy, then the transfer at Charles de Gaulle airport and upon arrival to Washington DC. Yes, the wheelchair was provided by KLM at Washington DC, Denmark Airport and Venice, Italy airports… And on previous years by all other airline companies that we used in the past (United, AA, Lufthansa, etc.).

Even though the local authority at Charles de Gaulle airport is responsible for providing the wheelchair service, I went to Air France customer service location to request it. The first time, the customer service person told me that we have to wait 20 minutes (no problem), so after 30 minutes I went back to ask for the wheelchair, and another representative requested it again. It was requested twice, but it seems your representatives never requested it at all. How is possible that we had to wait more than one hour and a half and nothing happens? So, after one hour waiting for a wheelchair for the second time that never arrived, we left to the gate walking very slowly.

If Air France, according to the European Regulation from July of 2008, in reference to assisting people with disabilities would have taken this regulation seriously from the first time that I called to the several times requested in person, we should have never had this issue. Why did we never have any issues with other companies and other countries in providing services to people with disabilities? There are so many other bad reviews about the lack of services that Air France is doing to the customers that I feel this case, my case, is not going to change anything within Air France. Please, think about this particular issue, and do something to correct it instead of just apologizing.

I’m sorry that Air France is not trying harder to provide a better service to their customers like all other companies do, and to say that “we do our utmost to satisfy our clients at all times, whenever this is possible” it is an overstatement. We will never use this company again!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I traveled to Prague from Minneapolis, USA on Monday July 3rd. Today is July 7th and my baggage is still missing. I keep contacting Air France every day and they are telling me "your baggage should come today"... I have 3 years old daughter, I am out of her clothes, hygienic and cosmetic needs, medicine... I wrote a complaint to Air France through their website, they did not even bother to send me confirmation email. Frustrating. Prague Airport is not helpful at all...

Original review: July 2, 2017

My wife and I booked a flight to Florence in early June 2017 and paid €76 for a change of seats with more legroom. On boarding, we were denied our seats with the excuse that we would be blocking the emergency exit, though other passengers were assigned our seats. On our return, I put in a claim with Air France requesting a full refund. On 21/06/2017, I obtained a reply informing that they would only refund €40. I put in a second claim, and obtained a response on 28/06/2017 affirming that there was nothing more Air France could do. Air France defrauded us of €36. They have lost 2 customers, and I will make a point of informing everyone I know that the carrier acts in bad faith, by stealing from its customers.

Original review: July 2, 2017

My partner and I were passengers on flight AF 0011 departing at 21:50 hours on June 26, 2017 which was cancelled and we were forced to disembark at 00:30 hours at John F. Kennedy airport on June 27th 2017. To that effect I would like to make the following observations: We were not given any information during the first two hours (at the very least!) while waiting inside the plane, expecting falsely to depart at any moment for Paris, France.

Apparently your colleagues inside the plane were also not given any information and did not know what to tell us during these two terrible hours! The internal air conditioning was not functioning at all, causing considerable discomfort to all, including causing a few of us to suffer heatstroke, which I personally witnessed at the service cabin 6 rows in front of my seat (15K)!

When we were told to disembark we were not given any vouchers for food nor accommodation and were basically left to our own devices. My partner and I spent the next three hours in the arrivals lobby at Terminal 1 searching online for accommodation through the various hotel search engines, unfortunately to no avail. We were looking at the dim, grim prospect of spending the night at Terminal 1 in JFK airport!

As we would assume that JFK is a major hub for Air France, we would also assume that they would have all sorts of tried and true contingency plans for such situations as the one we suffered through two nights ago. We were unfortunately proved very wrong! I have never experienced this type of treatment from a major professional airline before and was amazed that Air France was so negligent to paying customers!

Original review: June 24, 2017

When I was traveling from Tunis to Paris a man in the check-in line was asking people to carry a package for him on the plane and deliver it to someone in Paris. I told the gate agents and at first they did nothing. Reached out to security but they could not speak English. Basically I had to force one of the Air France gate agents to talk to the man. He left but only to return later. Air France does not care if people carry other people's packages on board their flights. Never flying them again. Never been so scared.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I recently had the trip from hell due to the total lack of customer care by Air France. Anyone considering using them would do well to read this first. I booked a flight with a UK based agency, Fly Sharp. They booked me flights with Air France and China Southern, splitting the journey to Bangkok between both airlines. I flew from Manchester UK to Paris on New year's eve with Air France, the flight was delayed 3 hours, later arriving in Paris early AM on 1st January. We were delayed here a further 23 HOURS only being given a hotel for 4 hours prior to our supposed replacement flights. I had missed 3 connecting flights due to this.

First I missed my flight to Guangzhou and then another on to Bangkok (3rd flight was an internal flight from Bangkok to Udon Thani). As the trip was a honeymoon visit following my earlier marriage in November I was looking forward to seeing my wife and 3 year old daughter. Air France offered me a direct flight to Bangkok after 23 hours in Paris. I felt relieved and just so glad to be going at last. I arrived in Bangkok feeling very tired and spent an extra night in a hotel taking another flight the next day to Udon Thani to see my family at further cost to myself. This was only the start of my problems. Air France should have apparently issued me with replacement e-tickets. They never mentioned this or warned me of any potential problems.

When I tried to board my return flight at Bangkok I was refused boarding by China Southern airlines. They said that because I had not taken the inbound journey on my e-ticket, then I could not take the return journey. They told me to contact Air France. I was totally stranded with Air France refusing to help in any way at all. China Southern blamed Air France, Air France blamed China Southern. Fly Sharp the ticketing agents were useless and point blank refused to help. I was stranded for 32 hours trying to persuade anyone to assist. My phone calls and protests to office staff and ticketing staff were all dismissed without any offers of assistance.

I spent 152 pounds on internet and mobile calls. I returned to Bangkok City and booked a hotel for the night. I had to book and pay for a flight home with Finn Air. My total expenses were 669 pounds UK. A ruined holiday, a real taste of what to expect when things go wrong and you choose the wrong airline/travel agent. BE WARNED. They simply have NO customer care, just arrogance and a totally couldn't care less attitude.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Last week I flew from Amman Jordan to Paris. I am on the tall side of the spectrum. It was a red-eye flight. As soon as I boarded I knew it was going to be a tortured ride. I could not fit in the seat. Remember this is an international flight. The front of my knees to my butt in the chair was longer than the space given. I am not that tall. I buy my clothes where everyone else does but I don't fly Air France because they are more interested in sardine packing than customer comfort or even reasonable accommodations for all customers over five feet tall. So I go and ask the attendant and he politely smiled and said "yes a few months ago they added two more rows in the plane. That is our number one complaint and we get it every single flight." How much sleep did I get? None. I will never fly again with Air France and I would advise anyone that is taking a flight longer than one hour to find a different airline and let someone else fill the sardine seating.

Fortunately the lady in front of me did not attempt to recline her seat. Part of my party were seated next to her and when I told them that she never reclined her seat, and if she had tried it would have not moved one inch for my legs were physically wedged in against her seat, they sadly reported that she was a heavy set older women and that when she put the tray down to receive the service she could not get it down because there was not enough room between her body and the seat in front of her. Never Air France.

Original review: April 21, 2017

My booking Reference Code is **. I selected seats for myself and my wife and paid for them. When I check online, my reservation does not indicate that I have any seats. Please correct this for me. Thank you.

Original review: April 5, 2017

The most surly and dishonest customer service in the airline industry. What a nightmare! Don't count on ever getting money back that Air France owes you. They have been giving me the runaround for my refund for the past 4 weeks.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I fly abroad at least twice a year and fly in Economy Class. Air France has amazing service even in their Economy Class cabin. I took a trip back in 1998 on Air France as a teenager and they gave our family really good service. Last year my Father and I had to make a last minute trip to Israel from San Francisco and Air France served us very well. This summer I booked Air France from SFO-CDG-SFO on the Airbus 380. They offer such amazing service from the Inflight Entertainment to the meals and friendly service. You get little extras that the American airlines don't give such as eyeshades, comfortable headphones, Champagne, a fantastic meal with a menu, fresh baguettes, and a Digestif like Pear Liqueur or Cognac in Coach. The seats are pretty comfortable and you have a footrest to rest your legs on.

They are very good with serving these mini bottles of wine throughout the meal service, plus in the back they will gladly give you more drinks. Also they offer Ice Cream. All of our flights have been on time and our bags made it. What more can I ask for? The flight attendants airport staff have been very friendly and if you try to speak in French you get better service. Domestic flights on Air France are also good and even a chocolate croissant and coffee are most welcome. Did I say Air France serves some of the best coffee of any airline strong and damn good. You get a menu with two hot choices equally good so if one is not available you can get the other one plus a la carte meals, and special meals.

You either adapt to the culture or fly another airline. We were never treated rudely and in fact the Flight Attendant gave me extra bottles of the Pear Liqueur to have during the night and I slept really well. Plus prices are so reasonable. I got a flight for $1092 via Delta on the nonstop Air France flight while Delta one stop flights were pricing out at $1100-$1200. I would pay a bit more to fly on Air France.

Air France Company Information