3.70/5

Looking for a travel site?

Air France

Looking for a travel site?

Air France Reviews

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

The unfortunate hospitalization of my daughter while in Europe required me to make an immediate flight reservation to fly from JFK to Munich. I also needed to upgrade her ticket by hospital order that she must lie down due to a significant concussion. The tickets were initially handled by Delta, but everything else was Air France.

I was able to upgrade her after 2 hours on the phone, and had to take whatever ticket was available for me at short notice, that ended up being premium economy. We were told to speak with Air France in Munich upon our return to hopefully have me closer to her, as I need to check on her while flying. We are now sitting at Munich airport completely disgusted with their lack of caring or flexibility. At check in we asked to change my ticket and were told that we could not. The ticket they booked for me apparently could not be changed - a direct contradiction to what I was told on the phone. I was willing to pay for an upgrade, but was told that I could not, I would have to purchase a brand new ticket and lose all the money paid for the old one. Are you kidding me?!?!

I am traveling because of a family medical injury/ hospitalization and the fact that Air France is so rigid and inflexible is unacceptable. Additionally, my daughter's ticket allowed her to visit the lounge, and although I had premium and alerted the airline to our issue, they would not let me go in with her. We are now together (of course) at the gate, and my daughter is laying on the dirty floor with head and neck pain. We haven’t even gotten on the flight yet and the stress is sky high. It is UNBELIEVABLE that no one could make the changes necessary happen.

On a side note, I suffer from celiac disease and nowhere on check in is there a computerized option to chose a safe meal. The number Delta provides rings endlessly, and I could not get through. My assumption is that even if I did get a person on the phone, they would have told me I needed to contact Air France (a useless option). Air France shame on you! You’re inflexible and uncaring. In the future we will make a point to avoid your airline and advise others to do the same.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

I travelled on the 3rd of October from Lagos Nigeria to United Kingdom thru Paris. Prior to this, I thought I was returning to the UK on board KLM, however, I was unfortunate to be placed on an Air France flight. I simply asked for tea and didn't get any till about 5 hours later, the plane was freezing and there was absolutely no flight attendant in sight. I used the call button but lo and behold, flight attendants who managed to show up in the cockpit didn't even bother to answer the call. They also had a passive racist attitude towards passengers as most of them were black and were acting as if they were doing the passengers a favour. Funny enough, this isn't the first time I've witnessed such disgusting behaviour from air France, I deliberately avoided them for over 10 years but I guess this return flight with them was done by stealth as they are part of the sky team which included KLM and Delta airline. I will never recommend Air France to my worst enemy.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

My plane was delayed by about 30 minutes, but this wasn't such a big deal. The worst part was that my luggage was delayed and didn't get on my plane despite a 3 hours stopover in Paris. I understand this happens of course, and I wasn't upset about it. However, I was told I would get my delayed baggage delivered to me the next day. I tracked it online and the luggage was delivered to my home airport, but then I got no new information. The day after it was supposed to arrive I called Air France's lost/delayed baggage phone number, and was told that they can't tell me anything or help me.

I called once again later in the day to ask if they could possibly call the baggage delivery people for an estimated time (I was having to stay home for work to wait for luggage they kept saying would arrive...), and the agent talking to me raised her voice as if speaking to a child and said, "You called earlier and were told your luggage is on a delivery truck, so don't call again." I wasn't told that, but also this was a really rude response to a calm and polite question. It was also evidently a lie because I'm currently still waiting for my luggage to arrive 4 days later and have no information or help on how long this will take or if I will get to see my bag again. This is the worst customer service I've ever had from an airline, and I've lost luggage before which was swiftly and professionally returned. Really, really disappointed and can't recommend Air France to anyone unfortunately.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Worst Experience EVER AT TEL AVIV AIRPORT coming. I explained my Mom has could not walk very far to even get a wheelchair. That she is handicap. Security replied 'if you want a chair she has to walk here to get one." Once at the counter checking in, our flight seats were moved from in front. My seat was 11. A window seat and My Gmom's seat was next to me. They said she had to sit in row 19. I began expressing to them my agent booked those seats specifically and that I needed to sit next to her because of her medical problems. She is now sitting in a wheelchair, clearly they have no regards to people in wheelchairs. He began asking me if I had medical problems because of where I was seating, he asked 3 times and I didn't respond because it was none of his business and two my seat had nothing to do with anything when My G mom needed the help.

The guy next to the rude customer service rep said, "Put them both in row 30." That is the last row on the Plane. She was in between me and another person. She is suppose to be in a aisle. She has her medical card on her persons all the time. There is Policy of theirs that they disregarded which states No Airlines are so suppose to Prohibit anyone that require special attention to move or change their seat. They did not follow policy or accommodate her needs. ACCAA states that. Why was our seats moved after our agent specifically paid additional Fees to sit in row 11 specifically. This has to stop. We've been humiliated by the entire experience. Why are laws in place if a airlines have no regards to follow policy.

Once we left the plane, I happened to look who was sitting in row 11. All I can say there was no need for them to change our seats. Period. Especially seeing her in a wheelchair. She has stents in both legs so think about her sitting in the last row 30 in a 3 seater in the middle with her legs cramped up for 5 hours. My days of sitting in the back of the bus are over. We had no idea row 30 E 30 F was the last row on that plane, but if it wasn't they still violated her rights for not accommodating her needs and providing the quality of care that any persons with disabilities should have that right to have. I am hoping for a proper resolution into this matter and a apology will not sit well when they exhibit the same behaviors on a daily with other people.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2019

I am unable to access my Flying Blue site. I have spoken to many agents who give me a new number to try and they DO NOT work. I have tried an old email and that doesn't work. I have a lot of miles I want to use for a business flight and was told there are cheaper flights right now on the Flying Blue site. The agents can access so they know how many miles I have. It seems to be an IT problem but there is no one who seems able to help me. In frustration I sometimes book Emirates. Also right now on your fare site you have a flt for $611 or a special fare of $680. Go figure. Please just let me get to my Flying Blue site. Thanks.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

Two complaints about this below average mediocre airlines:

1) Air France delayed my flights and lost my luggage – which only showed up after 4 days. But wait, the worst part is this: They did not refund my basic clothing purchases AND delivered my luggage AT 2 AM! I am not joking. THE AIR FRANCE PERSON WOKE UP THE ENTIRE ** HOUSE AT 2 AM!

2) Then I thought it was better. So I have a flight today from Toulouse to Paris. Tried to check in online and add a luggage. I couldn't. So I called Air France. The lady told me that I can only add luggages up to 30h prior to my flight, but I can only do online check in within 30h of my flight!!! So basically they are forcing me to pay 40 Euros for my luggage whereas I could pay 15 Euros if I had checked in online. But I cannot check in online AND add a luggage at the same time. WTF?!

This is honestly the worse airlines I have ever flew with. Please choose any other airlines for your trip, as you will have better experience. Air France food is okay, but definitely do not tradeoff against the senseless policies.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

Hi, We (family of 4) had booked flights from NYC to India, which was a split dated journey. NYC to London on 4th-Aug and then France to Bengaluru on 16th-Aug. NYC to London was operated by Virgin Atlantic and the seats provided to us were right next to the toilet door. All through the 7 hours of the journey, the toilet door sound and light made us loose rest/sleep which in turn spoiled an entire day after landing at London.

On the way back, I traveled Bengaluru to NYC on 25th-Aug. Flight start at Bengaluru was delayed for 3.5 hours and the same delay added to the Paris-NYC flight. After landing at NYC, again a delay of an hour (waiting on the runway). This added to the luggage collection mess also. An entire afternoon was wasted due to this. I am sure to choose a different next time. Sateesh.

Original review: June 21, 2019

Sent numerous emails, zero answer. Stayed 15 minutes on hold to then be disconnected whilst transferred. All to try and pay more to be upgraded, no wonder the company is going bankrupt. I tried everywhere online and just impossible.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I am writing because I my human and civil rights were violated by Air France customer service. Air France canceled my travel during my layover in France leaving me stranded due to a false violent claim. No one took time to appreciate the situation to identify the actual target and to identify the actual threat. No police or security were called and management and staff of Air France made a reckless and wanton claim against me and took action in canceling my continued flight that consisted of an additional three legs based off of false allegations of violence. Willful blindness towards what actually took place.

I am currently being prosecuted for a violent crime that I did not commit in France. My travel was canceled unjustly at the hands of Air France and I was told as an American in France I do not have any rights. I was forced to stay in a country against my will after being told I was placed on a do not fly list. I would like to shine a light on this situation, because Air France is denying paying out my damages incurred as a result of unjustly canceling my ticket. Airport surveillance and photos prove that the situation did not occur who way the customer service reported.

Arriving at gate five I was greeted by two uniform agents who suggested I talk to customer service to see if they can assist me. I walk up to customer service to introduce my customer concern. The uniformed customer service agent was not very responsive. She said my only option was to check the bag or not fly. At this point I placed my bag on the scale just to verify the weight and I was below the 12 kg because I removed my computer and a few other things from my carry on and placed them in my purse. She told me all my carry on items would be weighted so I was going to be automatically over and would have been stopped at the boarding gate. I asked her if she had any other solutions and she responded, "Check your bag or don’t fly."

I then asked for any other suggestions and she said go buy another piece of luggage to put my stuff in and check my current carry for 50 euros. I then shared that buying luggage and checking a bag was more than I wanted to spend. She then said that was my only choice. Then I asked her for a larger plastic bag and she said no. I then asked, "Why not?" And she said because she didn’t have one. I then asked if she could help me locate them or involve someone that knew where they were located she said no again. I then asked her if I could speak to someone else. She said no again and that she is the supervisor. Then she said she did not like my attitude and if I want to fly today then I better check the bag. I asked again for the plastic bag and someone else to talk to and she said no, but then backed up and said she will go get me a plastic bag.

At that point I said that is ok because I no longer wanted to interact with her and her lack of customer care. Another uniform customer service agent walked up and I asked her to help me. The first customer service agent said in response to me asking for help, "Don’t help her" in English and then talked to the other agent in French. After she was done I asked the agent again would she help me and she said no. I remembered this agent from when I got my boarding pass before leaving the airport for lunch. She was so kind to me even allowing me to use her cell phone charger while I waited on my Air France ticket to be straightened out.

So when I was declined positive customer care from both agents. I was told by the first agent I will not fly because she did not like my attitude. She said she is going to write me up. I then responded if you write me up I guess I will have to submit a write up as well. I asked for the names of both women and they both refused to give their names. I then said, "Well I will just take a picture of your name tags." After snapping the photo of the second agent’s name tag and I moved over to the first agent and snapped a photo of her tag she aggressively grabbed my phone out of my hands and I immediately asked her not to touch me or my phone and snatched my phone back. Another agent then reached into my purse and grabbed my boarding pass from my passport. I grabbed my purse and asked them to stop.

I felt attacked, violated, and bullied. My phone is my wallet and has extremely personal things in it. The agents attempted theft and assault of my personal items. I was isolated and not given an advocate no matter how many times I asked for security or a third party to help me. This took place on June 2. I was scheduled to be in Thailand until June 9th but my flight was canceled and my rights were violated.

Original review: April 10, 2019

AF does not cater to disabled people. Wheelchairs are unavailable at the jetway even when requested at time of booking. They board you on a van/bus and give you a free tour of the airport before dropping you off at your terminal. Staff are uncoordinated to provide meaningful assistance to disabled people in a timely manner. CDG airport is a mess. Before boarding your connecting flight they drag you through an unnecessary security check. You already underwent a security check before you boarded the flight you just got off. I've missed my connecting flights waiting in this stupid line.

The A320s are by far the most uncomfortable/cramped planes today. It has no entertainment system! AF uses them traveling within Europe and to the middle east. Sardines have more room between their neighbours in their small tin cans. You can barely close the toilet door if you choose to use it. The seat back trays can barely accommodate the small food tray the meal is served on. Flight attendants are not as friendly as they're made out to be. They seem stressed and remain serious even while attending to passengers. What does it cost to smile? Food is barely edible, essentially tasteless. Rolls served with meals are very cold. Certainly not the quality of the famous french bread. Yogurt is tasteless. AF goes out of its way to discomfort passengers on coach. I will never fly AF or to CDG again. Al **.

Air France Company Information