3.61/5

272 Air France Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 10, 2019

AF does not cater to disabled people. Wheelchairs are unavailable at the jetway even when requested at time of booking. They board you on a van/bus and give you a free tour of the airport before dropping you off at your terminal. Staff are uncoordinated to provide meaningful assistance to disabled people in a timely manner. CDG airport is a mess. Before boarding your connecting flight they drag you through an unnecessary security check. You already underwent a security check before you boarded the flight you just got off. I've missed my connecting flights waiting in this stupid line.

The A320s are by far the most uncomfortable/cramped planes today. It has no entertainment system! AF uses them traveling within Europe and to the middle east. Sardines have more room between their neighbours in their small tin cans. You can barely close the toilet door if you choose to use it. The seat back trays can barely accommodate the small food tray the meal is served on. Flight attendants are not as friendly as they're made out to be. They seem stressed and remain serious even while attending to passengers. What does it cost to smile? Food is barely edible, essentially tasteless. Rolls served with meals are very cold. Certainly not the quality of the famous french bread. Yogurt is tasteless. AF goes out of its way to discomfort passengers on coach. I will never fly AF or to CDG again. Al **.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I contacted AF CS several times and for 15 days via Messenger and Twitter seeking booking assistance for my return trip without getting any help. No email service and no reply in the 21st century, no wonder it's in very bad financial shape. Shame on you.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Crews are courteous and helpful. Too bad the airline keeps losing baggage all the time. Our bags didn't make it to our destination about 70% of the time. The problem has more to do with CDG than Air France though. You do, however, eventually recover it.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Air France: With Lost Hope I had to make this public about your Zero Etiquette and Unfaithful Negligence: It was one of the disastrous trips I have ever had with Air France on 15th Jan 2019, having my bag missed for the complete trip and the ownership taken by the concerned departments to retrieve my bag while I stayed in US for 5 days is zero-effort and pathetic. I visited US (Washington DC, Dulles Airport) on a special permission from US embassy in India when one of my family member (US citizen) has passed away in India and I am escorting the deceased family member back to US. Some of valuables which I have to be submitted to the embassy in US were in the bag (Death certificate/documents & passport of the deceased to apply for Heir assets) alongside my personal expensive items, electronics, wallet, cards and certificates.

Soon after landing, I was told my bag was delayed and for sure will be delivered the very next day. The Case File: **. It came to my notice only after two days after I waited and then called them to know-my baggage was delivered to the wrong address ** when it actually has to be delivered at **. So sad and ridiculous to know the delivery guys leaving the bag out there at the wrong address and not even calling me for the confirmation or acknowledgement before they dropped! I called the customer service the same day to update the address again and asked them to send it to the correct one. I waited for another 24 hours and have started calling the customer service over 100 times but none could explain why my bag was not redirected to me.

Surprisingly on 18th, one of the customer agents have asked me to go & pick the bag myself from the wrong address and assured the bag is still lying there. I had to book a cab and go around in the night in search of the address at 10 PM in the cold and heavy snow, but could not find it. When checked with the residents, they witnessed to have seen a bag lying over the stairs for two days and seems that they called up the police over suspicious and police have checked it and kept the baggage the same place and left after which it has been put into a TRASH CAN the same day when nobody has come to claim.

The same night around 11’o clock I have gone to 3 police stations nearby to check the whereabouts of my baggage as I wanted it to be in my hand before I could board my return flight the next day on 19th Jan. I could get some information from Prince George's County police station knowing they were the one who went to check the bag and left it back there itself and they indeed helped me with the case reference number ** and asked me to check with airlines instead for compensation/accountability if the baggage is still missing.

I have survived on same dress for over 5 days with nothing to wear in cold and I had all my cards in the bag. I had to take the strain of going around to the wrong address and checking with them also to every police station myself. I am new to the country visiting for the very first time not really accustomed to the weather conditions which is freezing, but still considering the value of the bag I had to run around and do all the work which has to be done by Air France people for their negligence.

The poor accountability and ownership that was taken by Air France in my issue was pathetic and un-explainable in words. Having no cards, money, clothes and basic essentials I was left in nowhere situation in the new country. Fortunately I had kept a 1000$ in my handbag which came to my survival for the entire week else only God should have known what could have been happened to me lived without money. My life has turned out to be a nightmare in US with same clothes being worn over a week in minus degree freezing cold and till I come back to India and the negligence of Air France is ridiculous and not acceptable on any grounds.

On 19th Jan, while I had my return flight completing the trip with no baggage found yet, I was introduced to the Air France Manager, MS. Mercella and I have explained everything in detail and on behalf of the disastrous management of Air France, she has apologised and promised to compensate the complete loss with no further negotiations within 72 hours after which I submit a claim form. I have submitted the claim form right in-front of her the same day with a compensation of EUR 3540 (just the costs of electronics/clothes and other important valuables) and I had left the country and came back to India.

Today is February 16th, exactly a month and a day passed when I lost my baggage. After continuous mails and calls doing to Air France over a month on dates Jan 20, 28, 31 and Feb 12th, today I have received an email from a customer service representative called Ms. Nisha ** with email reference ** saying that the baggage was declared to be lost and now I would be compensated only EUR 600 when I actually have claimed for EUR 3540.

Here is the email below I have received. "We further write in reference to your e-mail dated 12 February 2019, wherein you shows your disappointment with our previous e-mail. I would like to reiterate for the trouble caused to on this occasion. Per your e-mail, I note that you faced lots of trouble and stress during this situation; I completely understand the situation you must have went through. I wish I can offer you the amount you are requesting for, however I am bound within the policy that we follow. Please allow me to inform you that in the absence of the receipts, we can reimburse passenger EUR 600 for the total loss of bag as a goodwill gesture prescribed by Montreal convention. Hence, if you wish to process your claim, please provide us the bank details, so that we can expedite your claim. Upon receiving a reply from you, we shall respond you at the earliest. Thank you."

Clearly, the list of items in the baggage were specified to them in the claim form and nobody in the world will carry all the receipts of the items/contents as you ask with zero etiquette. I have submitted the receipts of my hotel and food for that week I spent but I do not have any receipts for the clothes, valuables and electronic devices I had inside my bag. (Will a death certificate/passport of the deceased have a receipt, will my wallet/cards/money and important gov docs have the receipts? Moreover one of the costly electronic devices is a gift, how can I get the receipts?)

I did not acknowledge or accept to have that EUR 600 and Air France still argue on the same point of Montreal convention and they say they cannot do anything more than this in absence of receipts. I strongly demand a compensation for the all the expensive items and important documents that were lost and also for my time, strain, frustration, more than 100 calls to your customer service and mental agony and pain I went through during the course of the trip just because of your negligence. I fight against the injustice happening to me and I am requesting all my brothers, sisters, attorneys, professionals, frequent flyers and all travellers in situations like me to support my agony and protest.

I demand a response from Air France (somebody who is responsible having human empathy) to sought my issue at the earliest and I am not going to accept the money that you have extended it to me until I am given the full claim and justice is done to me. I WILL KEEP FIGHTING FOR MY RIGHTS AND INJUSTICE HAPPENED TO ME. Name; Dr. Joel **. National: Indian. Case file: **. Email Ref: ** Contact no: **. Email: **.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had such a bad experience with Air France and would suggest everyone to avoid this airline, if possible. Such a poor service and no concern for passengers. I took flight from BLR to CDG (AF 191) on Tuesday (Jan 22, 2019) connecting Minsk via AF 3766. I reached at Minsk late evening and waited for my bag to come but my bag did not reach, despite more than 5 hours gap between the two flights. I landed up at MSQ 7.45 PM local time and waited for my bag to come, no one was there to tell me with name saying that your bag has not come on the flight (which is a normal practice, what I have seen that a staff member would be either announcing the name or show a list etc.) and when I went to the counter, they were already aware that the bag has not made it to MSQ and they did not inform me and saw me waiting.

Since it is a relatively small airport, they were just opposite to the conveyor belt and as I went, they immediately identified and said that yes, your bag has not come. What a service, when you knew the bag will not/has not come, cannot you inform passenger, who has been waiting for more than 1.5 hours. I waited at the counter for another 30 minutes and, it was so hard to communicate, as I do not speak Russian then they wrote a complaint, manually (which is so hard to read) and did not give me my complaint number/file number.

I then I asked when the bag will come, they said we have no idea and will let you know by email/SMS or call (As I am writing this email which is on Feb 3rd, 2019 after coming to India, I have not received a single call/SMS/email). They did not offer me any financial assistance or even asked for it. By the time it was around 9 PM or so and the exchange counter was closing and I rushed. I was hardly any warm clothes and temperature outside was - 10 degree C.

On the complaint form there was a phone number (375 17 279 25 35), and they said you can call this number and they will assist you, as it is 24/7 number, so I called this number on reaching the hotel, which remained unanswered. Then the real thing started, I called my wife in Bangalore and she tried and then I tried all options till 1 AM so that I know the status but all in vain. Called manager at Bangalore, she gave air France number but nobody was taking the call, then called again and again with a great difficulty I could speak at 91 80... 110, he said, "Your complaint number has not been raised, we cannot help," so they give me France number +33141462555. I called number and it was all in French and call got over in 20 seconds.

I again called Indian number and he said he will comeback which he never did. Now, I am in Minsk for very important business deal and no clothes and material, gift items which I needed for my business meetings. Now, I again start calling India office next day Jan 23rd and I could speak to a manager and he also asked me complaint number. I told him the same thing, that I do not have. But he was very helpful and when I gave my tag number, he was the first one to give me my complaint number and as per his information and available on the tracking system, the bag was to arrive MSQ via AMS on flight B2 0868 at 16.30 hours on Jan 23rd During the day I called them so many times but they never called/SMS me about status of the bag. Eventually in such a harsh weather, I went to the airport and got to know that bag has not arrived and it is now sitting in AMS and may come tomorrow.

Now one more day, I again I called up AF number and talk to Jim. He says, now bag will come today on B2 868. Once again, I keep calling and with a great difficulty one can get the line but so hard to communicate because of language. I again go to airport on 24th January when temperature was -16 degree C. And finally I pick up my bag, they did not call or SMS for arrival of bag, as you can see my sign at the airport register at MSQ that I have signed. By the time I have made calls to India, France and local numbers so many times and my mobile bill is running into thousands of INR.

I was without bag for last 3 days in bitter cold. I just could not do anything, and my visit was a total waste- as I could not carry out my business. My ticket, hotel booking and most importantly work, I had few very urgent meetings with official there and deliver a talk. I had to cancel everything and it has resulted in huge business losses.

You can imagine through what I have gone through for no fault of mine or can say because of fault of airline. I remained so puzzled and felt so helpless. With my experience of international travel of last 30 years, I have never gone through such an experience. This was for the first time, I was put to such a huge inconvenience and tremendous mental stress, for which AF. And now when I am asking for all my claim, they are not ready to understand the situation. IS SOMEBODY FROM AIR FRANCE WILL ATTEND TO IT?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Unfortunately I have a flight booked with Air France for the wrong date due to a "refresh" issue on the webpage. Can't have the date corrected because changes are not allowed, 164 EUR lost with Air France!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

AND ONCE YOU LOSE YOUR BAGGAGE, GREAT CHANCE YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!! Air France promised to call and email status and in 2 days I hear nothing, day 3 I got to the airport and see my bags sitting in a corner. NO ONE CALLED. I was stranded in a foreign country with just the clothes I was wearing. When I put in a claim for expenses to buy essentials, they DENIED IT!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I flew from New Delhi to Paris on 6th November 2018 and it was very disappointing to see the ground staff of Air France are so unprofessional. I had an interaction with a lady called Karishma. She was so rude, not only to me but to every passenger. She lacked the basic etiquette. For some technical reasons my ticket was not being displayed, she asked me to call Air France and get it sorted, whereas, it was her responsibility to get it done as she was the staff of Air France. All this conversation she had with no please, sorry or any kind of gestures. She should be given a training to talk to individuals. Especially in hospitality industry, it's very necessary for individuals to have people skill. On the other hand, there was a guy called Ajay. He was very helpful and patient throughout. He helped me to get things sorted and was also apologetic for the incident. Because of him I kept my calm, otherwise I would have blasted off.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2018

We have had several occasions where Air France have repeatedly changed flight dates and times. We again booked direct Cape Town-Paris return flights for April 2019 but were informed by email on 26 April this year, that our return flight was cancelled and that we have been booked on a return flight three days later. The new date is utterly unsuitable as we have fixed commitments.

AF were not prepared to re-book us for alternative dates for April 2019 for the same time away and were thus obliged to pay a re-booking charge. The only alternatives were connecting flights via Amsterdam or Johannesburg both of which present problems with either unacceptably early times via Amsterdam thus wasting a full day, or having to collect luggage in Johannesburg, pass immigration and customs to connect to a Cape Town flight. We booked AF to get direct flights - not for connecting flights. We will not be flying AF again as they are just simply too unreliable and treat their customers with disrespect.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

Booked tickets many weeks prior to our travel to be well prepared and avoid any issues. Journey was Lisbon to Paris then a week later Paris to London. Arrived for our 10:35 flight early to be told that our seats had been cancelled and we would be on the evening flight. Turns out that the large plane previously scheduled was not full and so they put on a smaller plane and bumped off the excess passengers. Perfect example of profit over customers. No thought to the human story behind every flight that is taken. This behaviour seems to be policy rather than an exception given the numbers on social media who have equally been abused. It basically means any ticket booked for Air France cannot be trusted and flying with them is a lottery.

To further underline this awful experience worst was to follow. On the second leg of our journey a week later Paris to London my case did not arrive. I was horrified as I was flying to England to attend my daughter's wedding just two days later. The case contained important clothes but more crucially a very personal gift to my Daughter that I had planned for many years to give to her on her wedding day. I went immediately to the Air France desk where I was nonchalantly advised that my case was not loaded. I was very distressed and pleaded for help. I was assured to not worry and told my bag will be on the next flight to my hotel. It wasn't, in fact it was not delivered to me until the early hours of the 22nd August some seven days later. It caused us incredible inconvenience and stress having to spend our holiday time replacing the essentials we needed.

More horrible was the loss of not giving my daughter that special moment when I was to present her gift. It was a signed picture of Audrey Hepburn and Cary Grant and relates to a very personal story in her childhood. That moment we can never get back and I hold Air France fully responsible for taking that away from us. I was calling them daily throughout and most days I was lied to in being told my baggage was to be on a flight when it never was. The staff really did not seem to care. I suffer from hypertension and this whole experience only served to exasperate that condition. I have only flown with Air France twice and they messed up both times. On social media the airline is described as Air Chance… now I see why. Never again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

We arrived from Venice on Friday the 10th of August. Since our arrival in Paris, Air France had lost our luggage. My husband is on chronic medication which I have mentioned to the Air France staff on the Facebook page as well as at the airport, it fell on deaf ears. Instead of sending the bags to us in Paris, it was sent back to Venice, then back to Paris and it has been at the airport for the past few days and was never sent to us.

We have been lied too every day since arrival that the bags are coming the same day and never arrived. We have been in contact with the baggage department as well as the official Facebook page who told us to come to the airport on the day we were leaving and our baggage would be given to us easily. We rushed to the airport, and ran frantically to the other end of the airport only to be received by the most arrogant, rude and nasty staff we had ever encountered.

At first the woman that assisted us was so uninterested and rude and said that she could only locate one bag, (when on the tracking website as well as the Facebook page, it states clearly that both bags had been found). We asked for a manager as she stated she could not give us any bags. He was even more unhelpful (to say the least) and kept trying to send us off saying that our flight is boarding we must go - why did we chose Air France if we had an issue - he stated that the Air France official page information was 'mistaken' and 'nonsense' - he mentioned that our luggage was in the Paris airport but he could not give it to us. When we asked why could we not get our bags after all it is ours he said that it needed to go through security and whole lot of other 'channels' and carried on trying to chase us away and get us out of his hair.

Eventually we left as our flight was boarding and this is how we ended our honeymoon frustrated, very upset (me in tears all the way to South Africa) and disappointed to say the least. After we had left, the official Air France Facebook person said in a nutshell that I should've known that the bag would go through channels and it would not be so easy to obtain (they never mentioned anything about this before and spoke as if it would be given to us easily) and they cannot help with the way we were treated besides me lodging a complaint on the website.

By the manager saying that he can’t help us and why did we decide to travel on Air France was appalling. Everyone in this airline passes the buck to the next and cannot give any answers as to why we were told to come fetch the luggage and then refused! What surprised us most was he was rude, arrogant and was very nasty to me especially being a woman, this is how Air France treats their passengers. Air France has humiliated us. Making passengers run around for baggage, telling them they can collect their belongings, and then refusing to give it to them when they get there!

This experience has ruined our honeymoon and literally made my husband more sick and me in tears every day that we spent in Paris. We could not do half the things we wanted to do as we had nothing. The time we should've spent together we spent shopping for unnecessary items and spending unnecessary money. It has been a week, we are back in South Africa and still no luggage, no communication and no relief. Not only is their service horrid, their flight was terrible (bumping, sudden turns, bad landing and ran out of food when the plane was not even full!) Whoever is thinking of using this airline, think again.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

Flight delayed. Kind enough to reroute us but refused to get our bags off the plane. Assured us that our bags would arrive at the same time or possibly before us. First empty promise. Bags didn’t arrive or so they said. We have been here going on our third day only to find out that our bags have been here for at least 24 to 48 hours and no one can get them to us. This is ridiculous when there is medication in there that my husband needs. No one seems to care and they just say I need to wait. Don’t go to the airport. They certainly don’t want that because then it might disrupt their process and make them look bad. Funny how that works.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

This is the one and ONLY time we fly with Air France. They delayed our departure flight from NY to Rome with a stopover in Paris by half a day. Then when we checked in they lost record of our luggage purchase and forced us to purchase room for our luggage twice. As we waited for the flight you board they announced that the flight which was now leaving close to midnight was delayed again. I am not in the slightest satisfied with their customer service or general way of doing business. It was a horrible start to a long awaited vacation. Avoid Air France!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I booked flights for my wife and I from Cape Town to LONDON LHR via Paris CDG a few weeks ago departing CT in December and returning on 8th January 2019. End of last week they cancelled my return flight from London to Paris and replaced it with one which meant an overnight stop in PARIS CDG. I didn't mind this but when I asked them to book a hotel for my wife and I overnight in Paris CDG they said it was down to us and we are BUSINESS CLASS passengers. THEY CHANGED THE FLIGHT and therefore it is their responsibility to provide HOTEL ACCOMMODATION. The people Air France employ in South Africa must be completely thick **!!

Original review: July 19, 2018

My daughter and I flew to Paris on Air France. We arrived in Paris and we didn’t receive our bags. We immediately went to the luggage claims area to file a report. The agents were rude and not the least bit helpful. They said that our bags would be delivered to our hotel. Everyday I checked with the concierge and there were no bags. I received messages saying they would be arriving by a delivery service. Three days later my bag arrived at 10:00 pm. My daughter’s bag was not there. Hers arrived at 10:00 pm the next night. We were leaving Paris on Monday. It caused a considerable amount of stress and made the trip very unpleasant. I was absolutely amazed by the rudeness of the Air France agents.

On our way home our Air France flight was over 2 hours late leaving Paris. If an explanation was given, I couldn’t understand it. We missed our connecting flight and we were given no assistance from AF. Our connecting flight was on Delta and by the time we landed the counter was closed. I knew that a JetBlue had a late flight which we were able to get on. When our plane landed at JFK, we sat waiting for a plane to leave the gate. We waited over 30 minutes to reach the gate. No apologies were given. I asked again about our connecting flight and again no one could help us. They just didn’t care. I spent over 90 minutes on the phone with Air France today. Most of the time was spent on hold. I will never travel on Air France again. It was the worst travel experience I have ever had.

Updated on 07/25/2018: I have contacted Air France and I am still waiting for a response regarding reimbursement for the Jet Blue flight. The Air France customer service rep was very helpful and she said she would do her best to help me. I wish I could say the same for the flight attendants. If Air France and Delta are partners they should be able to communicate with each other. The whole trip was a disaster from the beginning. Our original flight was cancelled, a rude ticket agent who was unhappy about trying to get us on another flight, lost luggage, rude Air France agents in the baggage claim counter in Paris, mixed messages about when our bags would be delivered and a delayed flight and no help with our connecting flight. Air France has a lot of training to do in regards to customer service. We were also told since we missed our flight, we would have to pay for a hotel at our own expense.

Original review: July 12, 2018

My sister in law came to Toronto on May 27th, 2018 flying from Moscow to Toronto via Paris. Her bag was lost and it's July 11, 2018 today and we still have no information on our bag. First of all, the customer service of Air France is the worst of any other company I've used before. I spoke to 5 different agents on the phone and everyone gave me different information. The first person told me to wait for a few days and that we would receive a call/email from AF about your bag.

The second person told me to wait 21 days to get an email/call with the search results from AF. The third person told me to wait 60 days to receive an email/call. The fourth person told me that the case had been sent to a Russian office and that they would contact us soon. After waiting for 2 more weeks I called again and the fifth person told me that the previous info about Russian office he doesn't know if it is true or not and that we now have to wait for 90 days.

AF - is this even REAL???? How do you train your staff???? Why no one can tell me an honest answer on the whole procedure regarding the lost bag??? My sister-in-law is 15 and it was her first trip to Canada. She is still upset about the lost items and we have to spend some much money to buy her new clothes. We also had so many gifts from our parents and relatives that we haven't seen for 5 years and everything is lost!!!! I am so disappointed with this miscommunication that I wrote a complaint on an official AF website. You know what - no one responded back to me!!!! By the way, we are still waiting for the first cheque for the NECESSITY PURCHASES - it's almost 2 months and it's somewhere we don't know where.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My husband and I flew out of Atlanta then Paris with final destination to Basel, Switzerland for transport to our Viking Cruise up the Rhine River. Our bags never made it from Paris to Basel. After 2 days of attempting to locate our bags, Air France was no help! The only explanation we received was our bags were in Paris and didn't know when we would get them because "the system is down". On day Three, Air France told us we could drive to Paris and pick up our bags but they would not be able to fly them to us at this point.

We rented a car, drove 10 Hours round trip from Germany, missed our Paid excursions with Viking Cruise, only to have an extremely RUDE encounter with the bags claims manager and were told we could NOT pick up our bags. We had to spend a couple of hours south of France just trying to find some underwear and toiletry and arrived back at the next port in Mannheim at 2:30 AM waiting outside in the pouring rain while our ship came to port. Remember we are in a foreign country trying to navigate where we are driving...that stress alone was exhausting. Not including the roaming charges to get to Paris with navigation on our phone. Missed our next early morning excursion trying to get some sleep.

The Entire Viking crew was involved in trying to get our bags. Multiple calls each day from staff members and us. Each told a totally different story and no accountability from Delta or Air France. Our bags flew back and forth from the States to Europe. Not one Rep could give us a straight answer. Our entire trip was spent dealing the Air France! We spent 8 DAYS without our luggage or any idea as to how or if they would be able to return it to us at our permanent address. This disaster destroyed our vacation! We were unable to go out and enjoy multiple ports.

When we did get off the ship, it was to find more essentials because of the constant mixed information from Air France!! After 9 days of 3 calls a day averaging 2 hours each our bags arrived back at our home airport. We only found them because we happen to go to the airport and ask them to look and see if they had them. Not One Person called us or reached out to us from Air France during these 9 days. The airline still had no idea where our bags were when they finally reached out to us on day 10 and we had to inform them of our bags were finally home. We expect full reimbursement for items we had to purchase but mostly we expect full reimbursement from Air France for airfare and the full trip. The lack of accountability and incompetence of the airline made each day a disaster!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I recently flew on Air France with my 2 kids from Paris to Atlanta. During the flight I went to use the restrooms near the very back galley area. I saw a young man holding a ZIPPO butane lighter with the flame up high. He was playing with the open flame lighter making the flame go as high as possible. I asked the male flight attendant if this was permitted on board Air France flights because in over 50 trips over the last 20 years I have never seen this. He said "Oh, madame, this is not a problem". Then he walked over to the young man and said, "Oh, you are O.K." and he went back to his tasks.

I had to request help from a purser in business class. He took the lighter away. The man continued to hang around and began walking past my seat giving me the middle finger. When we were in customs line in Atlanta, I spotted the same man holding the lighter in his hand. Not knowing whether this guy was connecting on another flight, or wanting to do harm on U.S soil, I notified a TSA worker.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My mother in law had a heart attack and had 2 stents put in her veins. Doctors advised her to not do international travel for at least 2 months. When I asked to cancel ticket, I am being charged a high fees (almost 25% of total purchase price). If I try to cancel this ticket from Air France US, they would refund me full amount without any fees as the passenger cannot travel because of medical condition, if I can provide hospital papers. While purchasing the ticket, I changed the site from US to India because my mother in law was travelling from India to US, so I thought it is better to use credit card from India as sometimes the US card is blocked. India customer care is just not ready to refund amount. I do not understand why the policy needs to be different based on your race/domicile? So SAD in this global world, company like Air France has domicile based policies. If someone needs to buy Air France ticket, buy it from US site if you have option. :(

Original review: May 13, 2018

I booked a roundtrip flight with my sister on 04/24/18 going to Lome, the capital of the Republic of Togo. During the first leg of the trip which departed from Wash Dulles Inter. Airport heading to Paris Charles DeGaulle airport, my sister legs were being literally crushed by the passengers in front of us. Despite the already compact leg room in Econ class, this passenger was reclining her seat with blunt forcefulness and aggression despite knowing very well that her seat was smashing in my sister's legs due to the obvious encountered resistance of her extensive reclining motion. The passenger turned back several times to acknowledge the consequence of her action and yet continued to persist on maximizing her seat's reclining extension. My sister is slim built.

My sister, being the calm and shy person she is respectfully appealed to the passenger's kindness and consideration about the situation but the passenger decided to be rude and disregarded the appeal. The passenger's male companion joined the interaction and upheld their mutual common stance refusing a slight adjustment of the seat as a compromise. Once the male companion passenger got involved in the original interaction between my sister and the opposing passenger, I immediately got involved as well and the interaction started to become a bit heated. Finally, a middle age male Air France flight attendant approached my seat and asked to know about the issue. I gave a brief explanation of what was happening and the fact that my sister legs are being crushed and we needed some sort of help given the resistance we've encountered from the passengers in front of us in trying to find a resolution compromise.

This flight attendant had the nerve to respond that the passengers "had the right" to recline their seats as they saw fit, as if as passengers of equal status, my sister and I were somewhat exempt of the same rights and optimal comfort we've been due when we've entered into a business transaction with Air France. The flight attendant's extremely odd approach to the already heated situation further escalated tensions. He also had the nerves to command me to be quiet! To top it all off, he decided to disregard my sister and I as the primary complainants and instead choosed to offer a class upgrade to the two passengers in front of us. I was shocked and in disbelief.

I spent the rest of the flight trying to find a logical, intelligent explanation about what my sister and I have just experienced and couldn't find any logical professional reasoning other than discriminatory bias based on the fact that we are ** and the opposing passengers of conflict were **. The rest of the flight was a torturous experience. The discomfort and anger etc was overwhelming however we've slowly found a way to retain composure. We finally requested to log-in a formal in-flight incident complaint which was answered by 2 flight crew supervisors I believe. The reason why I say "I believe" is because when I requested the names of these Air France in-flight crew members for the purpose of my report, they refused to provide their names. They equally refused to provide the name of the involved flight attendant.

The Air France supervisor crew eventually made a poor attempt to apologize with an obvious absence of sincerity and compassion. It's been almost 3 weeks since we've opened the referenced service case and have yet to get a single follow up from their customer care department. We are due to fly back in 2 weeks with Air France. My wish at this point would be to cancel the return leg of my trip with Air France, obtain a full refund and rebook our return flight to the State with a different airline. A very disgusting experience with what was once an internationally renowned airline! Never again! Ps: I forgot to mention also that I was served a mini wine bottle with a broken seal which clearly indicates a recycling and rebottling of unfinished previously served wine... Terrible!

Original review: May 8, 2018

Absolutely horrible experience. After many years of taking Air France, this is the last time I book a ticket with them! I am COMPLETELY fed up with their rudeness, lack of interest and incredible incompetence. I had numerous issues along the years and this one is one too many. I spent 2 phones calls and 2 hours on the phone to be able to understand what's my baggage allowance... Unbelievable... And at the end the answer is, well, "our system is not updated, please be prepared to pay for your luggage". This is simply a bad joke. I find it incredible that the employees strike to get a raise. In my opinion, with all the benefits they have, employees of Air France should actually have a salary cut.

Original review: April 6, 2018

DO NOT CHOOSE AIR FRANCE!!! For 1 YEAR I am still waiting for a reasonable answer and for my refund. I bought a ticket Casablanca-Paris-Boston (05/03/17) & Boston-Paris-Casablanca (20/03/17). There was no problem with payment when I bought the ticket on Air France website. 1 week before coming Morocco back, I received a mail from Air France that my ticket was suspended due to payment issues. I could not get further info from customer desk in airport, by phone, on website or via mail. So I bought a new ticket on the last minute, paid a lot, waited 12 hours at Portugal for transfer and missed 1 day from work, had a cut on my salary because of this.

Also I sent many mails, made many calls, send messages on website and visited Air France office in Casablanca airport, ticket office in Casablanca 4 times, Air France office 2 times in Istanbul as well. It is an endless loop because call center directs me to ticket office, tickets office directs to website, website advises to call the call center. My last visit to ticket office in Casablanca was on 30 and 31 October. They told me that they have no idea why this is happening, after my struggle for 1 hour. I have even been accused with lying at Air France check in desk in Boston as well, which was not acceptable. Finally I lost so much money for my flight tickets, salary cuts from work in order to visit Air France office many times, made many phone calls, spend money and efforts.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I was in flight AF1088 on Saturday March 10. Passengers seated on 1a, 1c and 1d have spent more than 1 hour in the pilots cabin. I have noted to the flight attendant (which was taking care of the business class) the situation and he has replied that, "It is not your job what the pilots are doing." Soon thereafter passenger in seat 1d has returned. Passengers from 1a and 1b have exits the pilots cabin after the plane landed.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

14 days now without my bags. Terrible experience on Air France and CDG. Saw two fist fights at security checkpoint. People pushing and no crowd control at all. Then AF loses my bags. Horrible experience having to fly and now deal with AF. It’s unbelievable that in 2018 AF still does not have bag scanners to track where a bag is located. For the last 14 days I’ve called AF daily only to wait on hold up to 30 minute then only to hear “Sorry, we don’t have any updates”. This WITH a Highly visible CREW TAG on the exterior of the bag. Trust me- avoid AF at all costs- I know my company and I will not be giving AF any business going forward.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I booked a multi-city travel itinerary with Jet Airways in India. One of the sectors I booked, Boston-Paris, is operated by Air France under codeshare with Jet Airways. I called their local India operations multiple times to book my SEATS on this flight but they give a lame excuse of not having access to the systems to be able to help passengers CHOOSE their seats in advance. I am obviously happy to pay their regular charges for advance seat selection, but I am appalled to experience this discrimination between the quality of services rendered to clients across different countries!!! Shouldn't airlines businesses (truly as global as any business can get) standardize their basic services like advance seat select to all global customers regardless of where they are domiciled!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Basically I am here 4 days without luggage near to Xmas and I forced to travel a lot to collect if arrives to Cali Airport. The plane that bring me from Paris was a very old Airbus. The onboard screen for entertainment was really old and almost not visible. If you can avoid Air France better.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I was suppose to travel from Washington DC to Dakar Senegal (Africa) October 13 2017 at 6.05 pm because my father just pass away in Senegal September 30 2017. I am from Africa but I am a US citizen and I come in this country 16 years ago and never go back in Africa but travel a lot, so always doing a booking online so I can avoid line at the airport. So I buy my ticket October 12, 2017 around 10.30 am and like I always does, make my booking online around 10 pm the same day. Next day exiting and sad because finally I will be able to go on my father grave. I went at the airport October 13, 2017 at 4.30. At the counter they told me I don't have ticket. I have to go to see the cashier.

So front of the cashier now I hand her my passport and after she went through the computer for about 2 min she said, "Your ticket was cancel and they refund the money." I ask why and when, she said she don't know, she said they receive a email saying I have to come at the airport to buy a ticket in person and she give me a piece of paper with the number of Air France to call. I swear I wait on the line for 45 min and miss my flight of course. I even talk to my bank by the time I was waiting and the bank said they didn't receive any refund from them and was even able to go through my account to see the amount is still pending there and the cashier was so unpleasant and so rude until I spoke to one of the supervisor. So finally someone answer me over the phone and told me "ANY FLIGHT TO AFRICA, YOU CAN'T DO THE BOOKING ONLINE LESS THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT. It must be done before or only at the airport."

My question is why when I start my booking Air France didn't give me any red flag or warning, just let me do it and cancel my flight and my money is now pending and doesn't have enough to cover another airplane ticket at the airport. I just have to come back home and cry feeling like a loser because wasn't be able to go on my father grave. Air France said the money will be available in couple day in my account. I was punish because I am from Africa, so they need 72 hours to make sure it wasn't a stolen credit card, I am so discuss.

And tonight I find out that is when they allow me to do the booking around 10.30 pm and send me the confirmation yesterday around 10.45 pm and at 3 am a email from payment control send me a email to said they cancel my ticket. I mean what is going or why Air France set this rule from us African people. By the meantime I am here crying my Dad from the distance, really sad.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

As a loyal customer of Air France, no longer, my family purchases round trip flights from Houston to Paris 3-4 times a year, My sister and I have been traveling as unaccompanied minors, to Paris to visit our father, and now as young traveling adults since 2006. My experience with this last trip, cancellation of a Paris to Houston, via Amsterdam, was very badly handled, with Air France employees walking away in frustration, SCREAMING (can you believe) at very anxious passengers, rudeness towards the passengers beyond anything I have witnessed in my years of traveling, flight cancellation, delays...etc, we were left on the plane for over 2 hours until we finally deplaned and were told of the cancellation. It took another 5 hours at the gate for ONE Air France employee to reroute all the passengers on board, it took another several hours to obtain our vouchers for our rescheduled flight, mine was 2 DAYS LATER.

My flight that day was at 730 am, I left the airport at 7pm, that how long this cancellation took. When I finally arrived in Houston, August 18th, my luggage did not. I was told it would be arriving in Houston on Sunday 7-20-17at 240 pm, so I stayed in a hotel two nights to wait, as home is Austin, Texas. It did not arrive, and to date (Sept 3, 2017), has not arrived. I have been told the bag is in Paris, then the bag is in Amsterdam, then the bag is in Houston, then we do not know, then it is coming on the next flight from Paris. No one at the Air France baggage customer service can give a knowledgeable answer nor can they take the time to investigate. We will no longer book Air France.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Thank you for your response and apologies. I would like to clarify to you that yes I contacted Air France special assistance desk 48 hours before departure from the US to request a wheelchair assistance to use at Charles de Gaulle airport and upon our arrival at Washington DC airport. The wheelchair assistance was never provided during the time with Air France. This is from Naples, Italy, then the transfer at Charles de Gaulle airport and upon arrival to Washington DC. Yes, the wheelchair was provided by KLM at Washington DC, Denmark Airport and Venice, Italy airports… And on previous years by all other airline companies that we used in the past (United, AA, Lufthansa, etc.).

Even though the local authority at Charles de Gaulle airport is responsible for providing the wheelchair service, I went to Air France customer service location to request it. The first time, the customer service person told me that we have to wait 20 minutes (no problem), so after 30 minutes I went back to ask for the wheelchair, and another representative requested it again. It was requested twice, but it seems your representatives never requested it at all. How is possible that we had to wait more than one hour and a half and nothing happens? So, after one hour waiting for a wheelchair for the second time that never arrived, we left to the gate walking very slowly.

If Air France, according to the European Regulation from July of 2008, in reference to assisting people with disabilities would have taken this regulation seriously from the first time that I called to the several times requested in person, we should have never had this issue. Why did we never have any issues with other companies and other countries in providing services to people with disabilities? There are so many other bad reviews about the lack of services that Air France is doing to the customers that I feel this case, my case, is not going to change anything within Air France. Please, think about this particular issue, and do something to correct it instead of just apologizing.

I’m sorry that Air France is not trying harder to provide a better service to their customers like all other companies do, and to say that “we do our utmost to satisfy our clients at all times, whenever this is possible” it is an overstatement. We will never use this company again!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I traveled to Prague from Minneapolis, USA on Monday July 3rd. Today is July 7th and my baggage is still missing. I keep contacting Air France every day and they are telling me "your baggage should come today"... I have 3 years old daughter, I am out of her clothes, hygienic and cosmetic needs, medicine... I wrote a complaint to Air France through their website, they did not even bother to send me confirmation email. Frustrating. Prague Airport is not helpful at all...

Air France Company Information