2. Travel
  3. Airlines

3.9/5 (297 ratings)

About Air France

Air France Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Air France double charged me for a flight ticket, their customer service team is unreachable and if I call them on the phone they refuse to give me any explanation or connect me to the relevant department. My bank confirmed one of the charges is just a "hold" (why though?) and I'll get it back in like 30 days. One week later a refund appeared of half the amount of what they charged and it was taken out immediately, 2 seconds later. The Facebook chat team didn't give me an explanation of who is playing around with my account. I found on social media that there are plenty of other people waiting for refunds. This company doesn't care about their customers at all.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I was originally booked on Delta airlines to Paris with one stop in Atlanta. The airline notified me that the flight was oversold and asked for me to take the Air France flight directly to Paris and then to Munich. I agreed with the conditions that I was told that my luggage would be delivered to me the next day. My luggage has medication in there along with a few high valued items that I use for work. When I landed in Munich on Sunday, I reported to the desk fill out a luggage claim.

I called that following Tuesday to inquire about my luggage in which I was told it would be delivered to me on Monday. I was told that the luggage arrived at the airport on 3 separate occasions; all notifications different from what the online luggage tracker populated. Nonetheless, I called Customer service for the 4th time on Friday to explain that I was in need of my luggage because of my medication and work supplies, I was mistreated and denied the opportunity to notify a manager for Air France of my situation by a customer service rep by the name of “Luke”. He would also not give his employee ID number for me to use to reference who I spoke to so I can get the situation rectified. I live 2 hours from the airport and I am single Soldier who works full time.

I was satisfied with the flight. It is just the lack of customer service and attention given to this situation which heavily influences my choice to fly this airline again and also affects my confidence to recommend this airline to others. I am disappointed and still have not received my luggage. I am having to take time off my job to return to Munich to pick up my luggage myself since it’s clearly only something I am concerned about and not the airline. I do recommend not to take a last minute flight with this airline as there is a strong possibility they will lose your luggage and you may not have it for a significant amount of time. This has been a huge inconvenience for something that seems so simple to rectify.

Even if there is anything more the airline can do, “Luke’s” lack of customer service and active listening skills made the situation worse. The whole idea of customer service is to establish a positive rapport and he contradicts that initiative for Air France. Please retrain that service rep. Our correspondence took place around 1000 hour on Friday in Germany. I can be contacted offline for more details in regards to this incident if anyone at Air France cares to make this right

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Definitely The WORST Airline ever! We had flights Nice - Costa Rica, onwards was lovely as it was carried via Copa Airlines. Return flights however... were delayed for 2 days (!!), then Costa Rica to Paris was delayed for 1.5 hours, in which case we nearly missed (meaning literally in minutes) our next flight back home, no assistance whatsoever, nobody cared! As I was running breathless, reached to boarding desk, flight attendants asked how far my husband is (with carrying all the baggages), 'if he's far, we can't wait' (?!). Finally arrived to Nice, our luggage was disappeared! We made a claim, which took us another 1.5h. Luggage arrived day after, BROKEN, in which case we also missed our work documents for the presentation, we needed to cancel on the same day.

Now, making claim regarding 2 day delay, I was obviously given most convenient answer 'due COVID', as not to pay compensation. I filed claims, which were closed immediately, with no response, as I was asking proof of the delay, because air carrier is obligated to give proof of flight cancellation or delay, to the passengers - Regulation (EC) No 261/2004 art.5. p.4. In case they don't have valid proof, air carrier needs proceed with the compensation according to Regulation (EEC) No 295/91. Not to mention, 'canceled due healthy reason' as reserved flight, meant that next flight, as people didn't purchase seats, all of us were seated mixed with everyone, families, children, couples, you name it, during COVID!! All of us were quite anxious as flight was over 10h, sitting in completely full aircraft, between strangers!

Original review: April 1, 2021

We flew from L A to Paris. The plane only served one liquid drink in the long flight. The food had no taste and I didn’t even finish. The flight on return home was the same terrible thing. I wouldn’t recommend flying Air France to anyone.

Original review: March 17, 2021

The service is always excellent. The prices are not the cheapest but the schedule to travel from the USA to Paris and back are the most convenient to accommodate me with the jet lag. They are on time. The food is very good. A croissant and a coffee before landing in Paris is already a taste of France.

Original review: March 1, 2021

A refund due to COVID-19 flight cancellation was processed in Jan. 2021 for a May 2020 RT flight for 3 adults bet. San Francisco and Paris CDG. Have not received refund to this date! No reply from AF!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2021

My name is Devendra ** and I booked my ticket from New York JFK to Bagdogra which Expedia made my reservations on Air France in September 2020. My itinerary number is **. Due to Coronavirus no flights were there so Air France issued me a voucher. I am unable to use this voucher to purchase my ticket. I called Expedia and Expedia transfers me to Air France or KLM and both airlines and Expedia are not able to help me out. They keep on making me go back and forth with Expedia and Air France, this is harassment.

I paid my money in September and now I can't even get a flight I want with the voucher. How many hours I have to hold to get a representative of Expedia. Today I was trying to use my voucher to book my flight to KTM and back and Air France or KLM does not have any flight and can't help me. Expedia is the one to book my flight on Air France when I booked online on Expedia website. This is too much. Either refund my money or give me my ticket please.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

Flight got cancelled without reason or notice and I was stuck for 3 days in a hotel and had to pay and do a new covid test because the prior test expired by the following Monday. I was stranded and couldn't get back to my family and my job was put at risk. Zero responsibility and zero customer care. Customer care simply said contact WestJet. I did not make a booking with Westjet. I booked with Airfrance. I do not care that 1 leg was fulfilled by Westjet, all flights booked were Airfrance and they should take responsibility not pass the buck. Rated 1 because a Zero isn't available!

Original review: Dec. 18, 2020

We bought flights to France in 2019. Months before our flight, when the pandemic hit, we could obviously not make the original trip happen. I work in healthcare and did not need to put anyone at risk by traveling so we decided to cancel or reschedule. Air France completely disregarded us, we have called, emailed, messaged, and attempted every single way to get ahold of them just to get an automated response about how we need to wait until closer to our flight to cancel due to high volume. We did that, still no reply. It is now Christmas time and we still have yet to be contacted about a claim submitted in March regarding September. It’s outrageous we paid for something in a pandemic and were never offered a way to re book or schedule or a refund. Worst customer service and experience ever and now we’re out thousands of dollars.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2020

Recently traveled Air France business. Worst business experience ever. They barely talked to us customers and didn't pass by to the point that we had to collect our trash in a bag and give to them at the end. Covid is being used an excuse for everything even poor service. Also some flight attendants didn't wear masks the entire time. Just bad, bad, bad.

Air France Company Information