2. Travel
  3. Airlines

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.72/5

Air France Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: May 21, 2020

My partner and I flew business from Colombia to France back in March. The crew wore no masks, the flight was packed. The crew told me they did not have to wear mask because they were healthy despite not having taken any tests. I found the crew very arrogant - they made me feel as serving me was a great gift to me. The food was bland and the seats not great compared to other business class seats. What really upset me that 3 months later I am still waiting for a refund for my cancelled flight in line with EU law. They have not even offered me a voucher. I wrote to the CEO and I was told that Air France is trying to convince the government to allow them not to refund flights. Since when are passengers meant to finance airlines? My refund from EasyJet arrived punctually. Avoid this arrogant airline.

Original review: March 26, 2020

Regretfully I have to give negative feedback of the flight attendants of the business class flight from SCL Santiago to Paris CDG. First of all the hostess that served me during the long flight was unfriendly, not refined in her manners and maintained an impossible attitude during all flight reaching moments of rudeness through the serving of the meal.

I fly often with the SkyTeam members and cannot recall other flights with such as poor and rude service. I had ordered an Asian vegetarian meal which for some reason was not available, no word of apologizing but instead the hostess kept asking me to read the menu and to let her know what would be my choice in a sort of rushed way. During service the female captain approached the hostess which without even apologizing as she was about to hand out the dish to me, she started talking to the captain whilst, without looking at me, placed the dish on my table, the cutlery fell and they kept talking as if I was not an even there. Both showed rudeness and I could not believe experiencing that behavior.

As you know the business class of that Boeing is very cramped and the corridors are narrow, through the flight I cannot recall any of the staff on my side of the aircraft, letting me walk first when going to the toilette, instead, the hostess and some colleagues would just push walking trough me without looking or using any thankful words. Amazingly unpolite!

At Breakfast I was served a tray with eggs and sausage, the hostess knew I am vegetarian and that was enough for me to see the lack of customer care, attention to the passenger. The hostess was not easy to approach during the 14 hrs flight and in fact, I was very much left alone and not offered anything between dinner and Bfast.

I should fly AF to BKK in 2 months with 3 other friends but I have decided to cancel the 4 tickets in exchange for a KLM flight were I am sure, as I have experienced many times before, staff is professional, friendly, caring and approachable including their captains which take always the time to share a word with some passengers. Truly a different world when flying business.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 21, 2020

I always fly Air France when possible. The staff, on the ground and in the airplane, are most accommodating. The airplane's seating area is always clean and the bathrooms are cleaned several times during the flight. Because of difficulty walking, I have used their concierge service. The person greets you at the door of the airplane and takes you through a separate customs lane, so no waiting in lines and then makes sure your ride is available. The food is better than most airlines and the personal kit is better than average. Not the cheapest airline, but one of the best.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2020

I was looking online for a direct flight to Paris in June but didn't see any....so I decided to call them. After 30 mins of wait....well the line went dead. It's the second time it's happened. Ridiculous. No wonder they will keep going down the toilet!!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

BEWARE! If you book a roundtrip ticket on Air France website, you could end up paying 600EUR EXTRA for your luggage! We booked 3 round trip tickets on the Air France website, outbound flight Amsterdam-Paris-Male and inbound flight Male-Abu Dhabi-Amsterdam. It was stated that all flights will be operated by PARTNER companies - Air France, KLM and Etihad, a usual thing with code sharing flights.

After we booked our tickets, we added our ONE bag to the outbound flights, operated by Air France, but there was NO OPTION of adding luggage to the return flights operated by Etihad and KLM. We thought there was an error on the Air France website, but upon contact with their customer service, we received information there was indeed NO option of adding baggage to the return flights because the first leg was operated by Etihad. The ONLY option given to us by Air France was to approach the desk at Male airport and they will be able to add our baggage, no mention of the price whatsoever. Etihad informed us we should solve this with Air France since the booking was made through their website. We ended up with one added baggage to our outbound flights for an extra 40EUR and WITHOUT added baggage for the return flights to Amsterdam.

We were locked out of any option other than to wait to check in at Male airport. At the desk, we were shocked to find out they would charge us 30USD per kg of our baggage, since it was considered by Etihad as an excess baggage. That was our only 20kg bag we brought and checked in on our way to the Maldives. After a call to Air France customer service, the agent told us that the flight was a KLM marketed flight and EVEN THOUGH WE BOOKED THROUGH Air France website, we should call KLM. Of course, KLM number was out of service (it was Sunday). Chatting with their agent through their WhatsApp 24/7 service ended up being completely useless. So, without any prior information, we had no other option than to pay 600USD for our one check-in bag, on top of 2500EUR we paid for our tickets. The staff at Male airport even had a comment how it was not the first time this was happening with AirFrance/KLM bookings.

Basically, you can't add luggage on Air France website because the flight is operated by another company, and the other company can't add it because the tickets were purchase through AirFrance. It's more than absurd. Of course, we filed complaints with Air France and KLM after our trip. We filed two complaints - One to Air France and one to KLM, but Air France representatives never contacted us. After 3 emails with KLM, the customer service agent closed our file without any further explanation.

I guess when Flying Blue companies don't know how to solve an issue, they either don't reply or they refuse to go into any more details - utterly rude and unprofessional. No one could explain why there was NO information regarding the luggage booking difference during the booking process. They even said that a passenger should do the RESEARCH prior to booking, and that they place other companies' logos to advertise it's not their own flight, which is laughable. Because, there is NO WARNING that you are locked out of options for adding luggage for that part of the trip.

We realized the so-called partnership between THESE carriers only extends to selling tickets, as all of them declined any responsibility. Air France showed NO concern or willingness to change their current booking process - according to them everything is working as expected. We were offered NO compensation of any kind, not even a discount voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

It goes without saying that this whole ordeal caused us great amount of stress. We were left without any options. We were travelling with our toddler, so we couldn't leave our bag or risk missing our flight. The incompetence and indifference of ALL Flying Blue customer service staff, left the impression of a dying company who is continuously failing their customers. We will never book through Air France/KLM again and we will definitely not recommend these companies to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

7 hours flight delay, refused to pay my hotel and meals. On November. 24th, 2019, Air France flight from Cairo-Egypt to Los Angelos-USA was canceled due to delay over 7 hours, after a nightmare dealing with their deceiving customer service they booked me on a different route and different airlines which it another nightmare to deal with. For the past 2 mo. Writing to Air France CEO WHICH SHE NEVER RESPONDED and in return I received response from one of the customer support person who is very unprofessional and trying so hard to deny my refund by making very unreasonable excuses while I provided all needed documents. Until today the CEO ignoring my emails and still didn't get a refund for expenses which is little over $400. I plan to file claims to any available consumer protection and seek legal action against Air France meanwhile I'll never fly again on Air France. Any advice will be appreciate it. Thanks.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

They lost in two different travels my suitcase, and both times they found a trick to keep out of responsibility. Both times the suitcase didn´t arrive with my flight and they said that it will come to my address in 1 time, both times came too late and both times with problems, the first time 3 jackets were stolen from inside and the second time the suitcase came destroyed and with things inside broken. For my ruined vacation, and as a mockery, I was given a miserable bonus, which can only be used on my next Air France trip (as if I would ever) that doesn't cover half of my losses. They suck!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2019

Today is a sad day for me on the way my mother was treated on AF flight. My mother traveled from California without a problem and her layover was supposed to be 2 1/2 hours in Paris but was delayed for 5hrs. Did I tell you my mom was 82yrs old? We requested for a wheelchair all the way only to be told that she doesn’t qualify for wheelchair. She was the last passenger to enter the plane after her screaming because they are ready to leave her. Remember I updated her flight to premium. If my sister has listened to me and not buy AF because of my past experience our mother will not endure this.

Shame on you AF. I will never take AF again and because of this I will not be purchasing KLM or Delta for international flight because I don’t want to end up on AF. They are the rudest people on earth. No integrity at all. If you can do that to an 82 yr old woman then you can do it to anyone. Please boycott Air France because when you get to Paris everything change and all of a sudden they can’t speak English again. Meanwhile they don’t behave like that in USA.

The lady who checked my mother in in California was really nice and assured me she will be taking care of. If this is taking care of then I don’t want to see it the other side. I never personally fly you after my experience 20 years ago and again 15 years ago when I paid extra for KLM and I ended up on your useless airline. I will not fly AF even for $1.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2019

My mother, she is 72yrs old traveling from Vancouver to Bangalore. We requested wheelchair access. After emigration clearance, she was waiting for wheelchair for long time, she asked help for many employees from Air France, but no one helped her. So she met a family and they taken her to the boarding gate. She needs to change from France to Bangalore, again same thing happened. There was about 10 people for wheelchair access, but no one get a proper guidance and access. Again my mother walked until the gate. When she landed in Bangalore, at least she got wheelchair, but still, they didn't help her to get the baggage, she had to ask her from some strangers. And she pushed her trolley herself until exit. She was so upset and tired because of this bad customer service. So now I decided, I never ever use Air France and I won't recommend to anyone. A very very bad customer service.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2019

The unfortunate hospitalization of my daughter while in Europe required me to make an immediate flight reservation to fly from JFK to Munich. I also needed to upgrade her ticket by hospital order that she must lie down due to a significant concussion. The tickets were initially handled by Delta, but everything else was Air France.

I was able to upgrade her after 2 hours on the phone, and had to take whatever ticket was available for me at short notice, that ended up being premium economy. We were told to speak with Air France in Munich upon our return to hopefully have me closer to her, as I need to check on her while flying. We are now sitting at Munich airport completely disgusted with their lack of caring or flexibility. At check in we asked to change my ticket and were told that we could not. The ticket they booked for me apparently could not be changed - a direct contradiction to what I was told on the phone. I was willing to pay for an upgrade, but was told that I could not, I would have to purchase a brand new ticket and lose all the money paid for the old one. Are you kidding me?!?!

I am traveling because of a family medical injury/ hospitalization and the fact that Air France is so rigid and inflexible is unacceptable. Additionally, my daughter's ticket allowed her to visit the lounge, and although I had premium and alerted the airline to our issue, they would not let me go in with her. We are now together (of course) at the gate, and my daughter is laying on the dirty floor with head and neck pain. We haven’t even gotten on the flight yet and the stress is sky high. It is UNBELIEVABLE that no one could make the changes necessary happen.

On a side note, I suffer from celiac disease and nowhere on check in is there a computerized option to chose a safe meal. The number Delta provides rings endlessly, and I could not get through. My assumption is that even if I did get a person on the phone, they would have told me I needed to contact Air France (a useless option). Air France shame on you! You’re inflexible and uncaring. In the future we will make a point to avoid your airline and advise others to do the same.

Air France Company Information