3.82/5

274 Air France Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 21, 2019

Sent numerous emails, zero answer. Stayed 15 minutes on hold to then be disconnected whilst transferred. All to try and pay more to be upgraded, no wonder the company is going bankrupt. I tried everywhere online and just impossible.

Original review: June 8, 2019

I am writing because I my human and civil rights were violated by Air France customer service. Air France canceled my travel during my layover in France leaving me stranded due to a false violent claim. No one took time to appreciate the situation to identify the actual target and to identify the actual threat. No police or security were called and management and staff of Air France made a reckless and wanton claim against me and took action in canceling my continued flight that consisted of an additional three legs based off of false allegations of violence. Willful blindness towards what actually took place.

I am currently being prosecuted for a violent crime that I did not commit in France. My travel was canceled unjustly at the hands of Air France and I was told as an American in France I do not have any rights. I was forced to stay in a country against my will after being told I was placed on a do not fly list. I would like to shine a light on this situation, because Air France is denying paying out my damages incurred as a result of unjustly canceling my ticket. Airport surveillance and photos prove that the situation did not occur who way the customer service reported.

Arriving at gate five I was greeted by two uniform agents who suggested I talk to customer service to see if they can assist me. I walk up to customer service to introduce my customer concern. The uniformed customer service agent was not very responsive. She said my only option was to check the bag or not fly. At this point I placed my bag on the scale just to verify the weight and I was below the 12 kg because I removed my computer and a few other things from my carry on and placed them in my purse. She told me all my carry on items would be weighted so I was going to be automatically over and would have been stopped at the boarding gate. I asked her if she had any other solutions and she responded, "Check your bag or don’t fly."

I then asked for any other suggestions and she said go buy another piece of luggage to put my stuff in and check my current carry for 50 euros. I then shared that buying luggage and checking a bag was more than I wanted to spend. She then said that was my only choice. Then I asked her for a larger plastic bag and she said no. I then asked, "Why not?" And she said because she didn’t have one. I then asked if she could help me locate them or involve someone that knew where they were located she said no again. I then asked her if I could speak to someone else. She said no again and that she is the supervisor. Then she said she did not like my attitude and if I want to fly today then I better check the bag. I asked again for the plastic bag and someone else to talk to and she said no, but then backed up and said she will go get me a plastic bag.

At that point I said that is ok because I no longer wanted to interact with her and her lack of customer care. Another uniform customer service agent walked up and I asked her to help me. The first customer service agent said in response to me asking for help, "Don’t help her" in English and then talked to the other agent in French. After she was done I asked the agent again would she help me and she said no. I remembered this agent from when I got my boarding pass before leaving the airport for lunch. She was so kind to me even allowing me to use her cell phone charger while I waited on my Air France ticket to be straightened out.

So when I was declined positive customer care from both agents. I was told by the first agent I will not fly because she did not like my attitude. She said she is going to write me up. I then responded if you write me up I guess I will have to submit a write up as well. I asked for the names of both women and they both refused to give their names. I then said, "Well I will just take a picture of your name tags." After snapping the photo of the second agent’s name tag and I moved over to the first agent and snapped a photo of her tag she aggressively grabbed my phone out of my hands and I immediately asked her not to touch me or my phone and snatched my phone back. Another agent then reached into my purse and grabbed my boarding pass from my passport. I grabbed my purse and asked them to stop.

I felt attacked, violated, and bullied. My phone is my wallet and has extremely personal things in it. The agents attempted theft and assault of my personal items. I was isolated and not given an advocate no matter how many times I asked for security or a third party to help me. This took place on June 2. I was scheduled to be in Thailand until June 9th but my flight was canceled and my rights were violated.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2019

AF does not cater to disabled people. Wheelchairs are unavailable at the jetway even when requested at time of booking. They board you on a van/bus and give you a free tour of the airport before dropping you off at your terminal. Staff are uncoordinated to provide meaningful assistance to disabled people in a timely manner. CDG airport is a mess. Before boarding your connecting flight they drag you through an unnecessary security check. You already underwent a security check before you boarded the flight you just got off. I've missed my connecting flights waiting in this stupid line.

The A320s are by far the most uncomfortable/cramped planes today. It has no entertainment system! AF uses them traveling within Europe and to the middle east. Sardines have more room between their neighbours in their small tin cans. You can barely close the toilet door if you choose to use it. The seat back trays can barely accommodate the small food tray the meal is served on. Flight attendants are not as friendly as they're made out to be. They seem stressed and remain serious even while attending to passengers. What does it cost to smile? Food is barely edible, essentially tasteless. Rolls served with meals are very cold. Certainly not the quality of the famous french bread. Yogurt is tasteless. AF goes out of its way to discomfort passengers on coach. I will never fly AF or to CDG again. Al **.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I contacted AF CS several times and for 15 days via Messenger and Twitter seeking booking assistance for my return trip without getting any help. No email service and no reply in the 21st century, no wonder it's in very bad financial shape. Shame on you.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Crews are courteous and helpful. Too bad the airline keeps losing baggage all the time. Our bags didn't make it to our destination about 70% of the time. The problem has more to do with CDG than Air France though. You do, however, eventually recover it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Air France: With Lost Hope I had to make this public about your Zero Etiquette and Unfaithful Negligence: It was one of the disastrous trips I have ever had with Air France on 15th Jan 2019, having my bag missed for the complete trip and the ownership taken by the concerned departments to retrieve my bag while I stayed in US for 5 days is zero-effort and pathetic. I visited US (Washington DC, Dulles Airport) on a special permission from US embassy in India when one of my family member (US citizen) has passed away in India and I am escorting the deceased family member back to US. Some of valuables which I have to be submitted to the embassy in US were in the bag (Death certificate/documents & passport of the deceased to apply for Heir assets) alongside my personal expensive items, electronics, wallet, cards and certificates.

Soon after landing, I was told my bag was delayed and for sure will be delivered the very next day. The Case File: **. It came to my notice only after two days after I waited and then called them to know-my baggage was delivered to the wrong address ** when it actually has to be delivered at **. So sad and ridiculous to know the delivery guys leaving the bag out there at the wrong address and not even calling me for the confirmation or acknowledgement before they dropped! I called the customer service the same day to update the address again and asked them to send it to the correct one. I waited for another 24 hours and have started calling the customer service over 100 times but none could explain why my bag was not redirected to me.

Surprisingly on 18th, one of the customer agents have asked me to go & pick the bag myself from the wrong address and assured the bag is still lying there. I had to book a cab and go around in the night in search of the address at 10 PM in the cold and heavy snow, but could not find it. When checked with the residents, they witnessed to have seen a bag lying over the stairs for two days and seems that they called up the police over suspicious and police have checked it and kept the baggage the same place and left after which it has been put into a TRASH CAN the same day when nobody has come to claim.

The same night around 11’o clock I have gone to 3 police stations nearby to check the whereabouts of my baggage as I wanted it to be in my hand before I could board my return flight the next day on 19th Jan. I could get some information from Prince George's County police station knowing they were the one who went to check the bag and left it back there itself and they indeed helped me with the case reference number ** and asked me to check with airlines instead for compensation/accountability if the baggage is still missing.

I have survived on same dress for over 5 days with nothing to wear in cold and I had all my cards in the bag. I had to take the strain of going around to the wrong address and checking with them also to every police station myself. I am new to the country visiting for the very first time not really accustomed to the weather conditions which is freezing, but still considering the value of the bag I had to run around and do all the work which has to be done by Air France people for their negligence.

The poor accountability and ownership that was taken by Air France in my issue was pathetic and un-explainable in words. Having no cards, money, clothes and basic essentials I was left in nowhere situation in the new country. Fortunately I had kept a 1000$ in my handbag which came to my survival for the entire week else only God should have known what could have been happened to me lived without money. My life has turned out to be a nightmare in US with same clothes being worn over a week in minus degree freezing cold and till I come back to India and the negligence of Air France is ridiculous and not acceptable on any grounds.

On 19th Jan, while I had my return flight completing the trip with no baggage found yet, I was introduced to the Air France Manager, MS. Mercella and I have explained everything in detail and on behalf of the disastrous management of Air France, she has apologised and promised to compensate the complete loss with no further negotiations within 72 hours after which I submit a claim form. I have submitted the claim form right in-front of her the same day with a compensation of EUR 3540 (just the costs of electronics/clothes and other important valuables) and I had left the country and came back to India.

Today is February 16th, exactly a month and a day passed when I lost my baggage. After continuous mails and calls doing to Air France over a month on dates Jan 20, 28, 31 and Feb 12th, today I have received an email from a customer service representative called Ms. Nisha ** with email reference ** saying that the baggage was declared to be lost and now I would be compensated only EUR 600 when I actually have claimed for EUR 3540.

Here is the email below I have received. "We further write in reference to your e-mail dated 12 February 2019, wherein you shows your disappointment with our previous e-mail. I would like to reiterate for the trouble caused to on this occasion. Per your e-mail, I note that you faced lots of trouble and stress during this situation; I completely understand the situation you must have went through. I wish I can offer you the amount you are requesting for, however I am bound within the policy that we follow. Please allow me to inform you that in the absence of the receipts, we can reimburse passenger EUR 600 for the total loss of bag as a goodwill gesture prescribed by Montreal convention. Hence, if you wish to process your claim, please provide us the bank details, so that we can expedite your claim. Upon receiving a reply from you, we shall respond you at the earliest. Thank you."

Clearly, the list of items in the baggage were specified to them in the claim form and nobody in the world will carry all the receipts of the items/contents as you ask with zero etiquette. I have submitted the receipts of my hotel and food for that week I spent but I do not have any receipts for the clothes, valuables and electronic devices I had inside my bag. (Will a death certificate/passport of the deceased have a receipt, will my wallet/cards/money and important gov docs have the receipts? Moreover one of the costly electronic devices is a gift, how can I get the receipts?)

I did not acknowledge or accept to have that EUR 600 and Air France still argue on the same point of Montreal convention and they say they cannot do anything more than this in absence of receipts. I strongly demand a compensation for the all the expensive items and important documents that were lost and also for my time, strain, frustration, more than 100 calls to your customer service and mental agony and pain I went through during the course of the trip just because of your negligence. I fight against the injustice happening to me and I am requesting all my brothers, sisters, attorneys, professionals, frequent flyers and all travellers in situations like me to support my agony and protest.

I demand a response from Air France (somebody who is responsible having human empathy) to sought my issue at the earliest and I am not going to accept the money that you have extended it to me until I am given the full claim and justice is done to me. I WILL KEEP FIGHTING FOR MY RIGHTS AND INJUSTICE HAPPENED TO ME. Name; Dr. Joel **. National: Indian. Case file: **. Email Ref: ** Contact no: **. Email: **.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I had such a bad experience with Air France and would suggest everyone to avoid this airline, if possible. Such a poor service and no concern for passengers. I took flight from BLR to CDG (AF 191) on Tuesday (Jan 22, 2019) connecting Minsk via AF 3766. I reached at Minsk late evening and waited for my bag to come but my bag did not reach, despite more than 5 hours gap between the two flights. I landed up at MSQ 7.45 PM local time and waited for my bag to come, no one was there to tell me with name saying that your bag has not come on the flight (which is a normal practice, what I have seen that a staff member would be either announcing the name or show a list etc.) and when I went to the counter, they were already aware that the bag has not made it to MSQ and they did not inform me and saw me waiting.

Since it is a relatively small airport, they were just opposite to the conveyor belt and as I went, they immediately identified and said that yes, your bag has not come. What a service, when you knew the bag will not/has not come, cannot you inform passenger, who has been waiting for more than 1.5 hours. I waited at the counter for another 30 minutes and, it was so hard to communicate, as I do not speak Russian then they wrote a complaint, manually (which is so hard to read) and did not give me my complaint number/file number.

I then I asked when the bag will come, they said we have no idea and will let you know by email/SMS or call (As I am writing this email which is on Feb 3rd, 2019 after coming to India, I have not received a single call/SMS/email). They did not offer me any financial assistance or even asked for it. By the time it was around 9 PM or so and the exchange counter was closing and I rushed. I was hardly any warm clothes and temperature outside was - 10 degree C.

On the complaint form there was a phone number (375 17 279 25 35), and they said you can call this number and they will assist you, as it is 24/7 number, so I called this number on reaching the hotel, which remained unanswered. Then the real thing started, I called my wife in Bangalore and she tried and then I tried all options till 1 AM so that I know the status but all in vain. Called manager at Bangalore, she gave air France number but nobody was taking the call, then called again and again with a great difficulty I could speak at 91 80... 110, he said, "Your complaint number has not been raised, we cannot help," so they give me France number +33141462555. I called number and it was all in French and call got over in 20 seconds.

I again called Indian number and he said he will comeback which he never did. Now, I am in Minsk for very important business deal and no clothes and material, gift items which I needed for my business meetings. Now, I again start calling India office next day Jan 23rd and I could speak to a manager and he also asked me complaint number. I told him the same thing, that I do not have. But he was very helpful and when I gave my tag number, he was the first one to give me my complaint number and as per his information and available on the tracking system, the bag was to arrive MSQ via AMS on flight B2 0868 at 16.30 hours on Jan 23rd During the day I called them so many times but they never called/SMS me about status of the bag. Eventually in such a harsh weather, I went to the airport and got to know that bag has not arrived and it is now sitting in AMS and may come tomorrow.

Now one more day, I again I called up AF number and talk to Jim. He says, now bag will come today on B2 868. Once again, I keep calling and with a great difficulty one can get the line but so hard to communicate because of language. I again go to airport on 24th January when temperature was -16 degree C. And finally I pick up my bag, they did not call or SMS for arrival of bag, as you can see my sign at the airport register at MSQ that I have signed. By the time I have made calls to India, France and local numbers so many times and my mobile bill is running into thousands of INR.

I was without bag for last 3 days in bitter cold. I just could not do anything, and my visit was a total waste- as I could not carry out my business. My ticket, hotel booking and most importantly work, I had few very urgent meetings with official there and deliver a talk. I had to cancel everything and it has resulted in huge business losses.

You can imagine through what I have gone through for no fault of mine or can say because of fault of airline. I remained so puzzled and felt so helpless. With my experience of international travel of last 30 years, I have never gone through such an experience. This was for the first time, I was put to such a huge inconvenience and tremendous mental stress, for which AF. And now when I am asking for all my claim, they are not ready to understand the situation. IS SOMEBODY FROM AIR FRANCE WILL ATTEND TO IT?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

Unfortunately I have a flight booked with Air France for the wrong date due to a "refresh" issue on the webpage. Can't have the date corrected because changes are not allowed, 164 EUR lost with Air France!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2018

AND ONCE YOU LOSE YOUR BAGGAGE, GREAT CHANCE YOU WILL NEVER SEE THEM AGAIN!! Air France promised to call and email status and in 2 days I hear nothing, day 3 I got to the airport and see my bags sitting in a corner. NO ONE CALLED. I was stranded in a foreign country with just the clothes I was wearing. When I put in a claim for expenses to buy essentials, they DENIED IT!!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I flew from New Delhi to Paris on 6th November 2018 and it was very disappointing to see the ground staff of Air France are so unprofessional. I had an interaction with a lady called Karishma. She was so rude, not only to me but to every passenger. She lacked the basic etiquette. For some technical reasons my ticket was not being displayed, she asked me to call Air France and get it sorted, whereas, it was her responsibility to get it done as she was the staff of Air France. All this conversation she had with no please, sorry or any kind of gestures. She should be given a training to talk to individuals. Especially in hospitality industry, it's very necessary for individuals to have people skill. On the other hand, there was a guy called Ajay. He was very helpful and patient throughout. He helped me to get things sorted and was also apologetic for the incident. Because of him I kept my calm, otherwise I would have blasted off.

Air France Company Information