1.17/5
Based on 133 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

256 Air France Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 9, 2018

My husband and I flew out of Atlanta then Paris with final destination to Basel, Switzerland for transport to our Viking Cruise up the Rhine River. Our bags never made it from Paris to Basel. After 2 days of attempting to locate our bags, Air France was no help! The only explanation we received was our bags were in Paris and didn't know when we would get them because "the system is down". On day Three, Air France told us we could drive to Paris and pick up our bags but they would not be able to fly them to us at this point.

We rented a car, drove 10 Hours round trip from Germany, missed our Paid excursions with Viking Cruise, only to have an extremely RUDE encounter with the bags claims manager and were told we could NOT pick up our bags. We had to spend a couple of hours south of France just trying to find some underwear and toiletry and arrived back at the next port in Mannheim at 2:30 AM waiting outside in the pouring rain while our ship came to port. Remember we are in a foreign country trying to navigate where we are driving...that stress alone was exhausting. Not including the roaming charges to get to Paris with navigation on our phone. Missed our next early morning excursion trying to get some sleep.

The Entire Viking crew was involved in trying to get our bags. Multiple calls each day from staff members and us. Each told a totally different story and no accountability from Delta or Air France. Our bags flew back and forth from the States to Europe. Not one Rep could give us a straight answer. Our entire trip was spent dealing the Air France! We spent 8 DAYS without our luggage or any idea as to how or if they would be able to return it to us at our permanent address. This disaster destroyed our vacation! We were unable to go out and enjoy multiple ports.

When we did get off the ship, it was to find more essentials because of the constant mixed information from Air France!! After 9 days of 3 calls a day averaging 2 hours each our bags arrived back at our home airport. We only found them because we happen to go to the airport and ask them to look and see if they had them. Not One Person called us or reached out to us from Air France during these 9 days. The airline still had no idea where our bags were when they finally reached out to us on day 10 and we had to inform them of our bags were finally home. We expect full reimbursement for items we had to purchase but mostly we expect full reimbursement from Air France for airfare and the full trip. The lack of accountability and incompetence of the airline made each day a disaster!!

Original review: June 6, 2018

I recently flew on Air France with my 2 kids from Paris to Atlanta. During the flight I went to use the restrooms near the very back galley area. I saw a young man holding a ZIPPO butane lighter with the flame up high. He was playing with the open flame lighter making the flame go as high as possible. I asked the male flight attendant if this was permitted on board Air France flights because in over 50 trips over the last 20 years I have never seen this. He said "Oh, madame, this is not a problem". Then he walked over to the young man and said, "Oh, you are O.K." and he went back to his tasks.

I had to request help from a purser in business class. He took the lighter away. The man continued to hang around and began walking past my seat giving me the middle finger. When we were in customs line in Atlanta, I spotted the same man holding the lighter in his hand. Not knowing whether this guy was connecting on another flight, or wanting to do harm on U.S soil, I notified a TSA worker.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 4, 2018

My mother in law had a heart attack and had 2 stents put in her veins. Doctors advised her to not do international travel for at least 2 months. When I asked to cancel ticket, I am being charged a high fees (almost 25% of total purchase price). If I try to cancel this ticket from Air France US, they would refund me full amount without any fees as the passenger cannot travel because of medical condition, if I can provide hospital papers. While purchasing the ticket, I changed the site from US to India because my mother in law was travelling from India to US, so I thought it is better to use credit card from India as sometimes the US card is blocked. India customer care is just not ready to refund amount. I do not understand why the policy needs to be different based on your race/domicile? So SAD in this global world, company like Air France has domicile based policies. If someone needs to buy Air France ticket, buy it from US site if you have option. :(

Original review: May 13, 2018

I booked a roundtrip flight with my sister on 04/24/18 going to Lome, the capital of the Republic of Togo. During the first leg of the trip which departed from Wash Dulles Inter. Airport heading to Paris Charles DeGaulle airport, my sister legs were being literally crushed by the passengers in front of us. Despite the already compact leg room in Econ class, this passenger was reclining her seat with blunt forcefulness and aggression despite knowing very well that her seat was smashing in my sister's legs due to the obvious encountered resistance of her extensive reclining motion. The passenger turned back several times to acknowledge the consequence of her action and yet continued to persist on maximizing her seat's reclining extension. My sister is slim built.

My sister, being the calm and shy person she is respectfully appealed to the passenger's kindness and consideration about the situation but the passenger decided to be rude and disregarded the appeal. The passenger's male companion joined the interaction and upheld their mutual common stance refusing a slight adjustment of the seat as a compromise. Once the male companion passenger got involved in the original interaction between my sister and the opposing passenger, I immediately got involved as well and the interaction started to become a bit heated. Finally, a middle age male Air France flight attendant approached my seat and asked to know about the issue. I gave a brief explanation of what was happening and the fact that my sister legs are being crushed and we needed some sort of help given the resistance we've encountered from the passengers in front of us in trying to find a resolution compromise.

This flight attendant had the nerve to respond that the passengers "had the right" to recline their seats as they saw fit, as if as passengers of equal status, my sister and I were somewhat exempt of the same rights and optimal comfort we've been due when we've entered into a business transaction with Air France. The flight attendant's extremely odd approach to the already heated situation further escalated tensions. He also had the nerves to command me to be quiet! To top it all off, he decided to disregard my sister and I as the primary complainants and instead choosed to offer a class upgrade to the two passengers in front of us. I was shocked and in disbelief.

I spent the rest of the flight trying to find a logical, intelligent explanation about what my sister and I have just experienced and couldn't find any logical professional reasoning other than discriminatory bias based on the fact that we are ** and the opposing passengers of conflict were **. The rest of the flight was a torturous experience. The discomfort and anger etc was overwhelming however we've slowly found a way to retain composure. We finally requested to log-in a formal in-flight incident complaint which was answered by 2 flight crew supervisors I believe. The reason why I say "I believe" is because when I requested the names of these Air France in-flight crew members for the purpose of my report, they refused to provide their names. They equally refused to provide the name of the involved flight attendant.

The Air France supervisor crew eventually made a poor attempt to apologize with an obvious absence of sincerity and compassion. It's been almost 3 weeks since we've opened the referenced service case and have yet to get a single follow up from their customer care department. We are due to fly back in 2 weeks with Air France. My wish at this point would be to cancel the return leg of my trip with Air France, obtain a full refund and rebook our return flight to the State with a different airline. A very disgusting experience with what was once an internationally renowned airline! Never again! Ps: I forgot to mention also that I was served a mini wine bottle with a broken seal which clearly indicates a recycling and rebottling of unfinished previously served wine... Terrible!

Original review: May 8, 2018

Absolutely horrible experience. After many years of taking Air France, this is the last time I book a ticket with them! I am COMPLETELY fed up with their rudeness, lack of interest and incredible incompetence. I had numerous issues along the years and this one is one too many. I spent 2 phones calls and 2 hours on the phone to be able to understand what's my baggage allowance... Unbelievable... And at the end the answer is, well, "our system is not updated, please be prepared to pay for your luggage". This is simply a bad joke. I find it incredible that the employees strike to get a raise. In my opinion, with all the benefits they have, employees of Air France should actually have a salary cut.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Original review: April 6, 2018

DO NOT CHOOSE AIR FRANCE!!! For 1 YEAR I am still waiting for a reasonable answer and for my refund. I bought a ticket Casablanca-Paris-Boston (05/03/17) & Boston-Paris-Casablanca (20/03/17). There was no problem with payment when I bought the ticket on Air France website. 1 week before coming Morocco back, I received a mail from Air France that my ticket was suspended due to payment issues. I could not get further info from customer desk in airport, by phone, on website or via mail. So I bought a new ticket on the last minute, paid a lot, waited 12 hours at Portugal for transfer and missed 1 day from work, had a cut on my salary because of this.

Also I sent many mails, made many calls, send messages on website and visited Air France office in Casablanca airport, ticket office in Casablanca 4 times, Air France office 2 times in Istanbul as well. It is an endless loop because call center directs me to ticket office, tickets office directs to website, website advises to call the call center. My last visit to ticket office in Casablanca was on 30 and 31 October. They told me that they have no idea why this is happening, after my struggle for 1 hour. I have even been accused with lying at Air France check in desk in Boston as well, which was not acceptable. Finally I lost so much money for my flight tickets, salary cuts from work in order to visit Air France office many times, made many phone calls, spend money and efforts.

Original review: March 11, 2018

I was in flight AF1088 on Saturday March 10. Passengers seated on 1a, 1c and 1d have spent more than 1 hour in the pilots cabin. I have noted to the flight attendant (which was taking care of the business class) the situation and he has replied that, "It is not your job what the pilots are doing." Soon thereafter passenger in seat 1d has returned. Passengers from 1a and 1b have exits the pilots cabin after the plane landed.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

14 days now without my bags. Terrible experience on Air France and CDG. Saw two fist fights at security checkpoint. People pushing and no crowd control at all. Then AF loses my bags. Horrible experience having to fly and now deal with AF. It’s unbelievable that in 2018 AF still does not have bag scanners to track where a bag is located. For the last 14 days I’ve called AF daily only to wait on hold up to 30 minute then only to hear “Sorry, we don’t have any updates”. This WITH a Highly visible CREW TAG on the exterior of the bag. Trust me- avoid AF at all costs- I know my company and I will not be giving AF any business going forward.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I booked a multi-city travel itinerary with Jet Airways in India. One of the sectors I booked, Boston-Paris, is operated by Air France under codeshare with Jet Airways. I called their local India operations multiple times to book my SEATS on this flight but they give a lame excuse of not having access to the systems to be able to help passengers CHOOSE their seats in advance. I am obviously happy to pay their regular charges for advance seat selection, but I am appalled to experience this discrimination between the quality of services rendered to clients across different countries!!! Shouldn't airlines businesses (truly as global as any business can get) standardize their basic services like advance seat select to all global customers regardless of where they are domiciled!!!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Basically I am here 4 days without luggage near to Xmas and I forced to travel a lot to collect if arrives to Cali Airport. The plane that bring me from Paris was a very old Airbus. The onboard screen for entertainment was really old and almost not visible. If you can avoid Air France better.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I was suppose to travel from Washington DC to Dakar Senegal (Africa) October 13 2017 at 6.05 pm because my father just pass away in Senegal September 30 2017. I am from Africa but I am a US citizen and I come in this country 16 years ago and never go back in Africa but travel a lot, so always doing a booking online so I can avoid line at the airport. So I buy my ticket October 12, 2017 around 10.30 am and like I always does, make my booking online around 10 pm the same day. Next day exiting and sad because finally I will be able to go on my father grave. I went at the airport October 13, 2017 at 4.30. At the counter they told me I don't have ticket. I have to go to see the cashier.

So front of the cashier now I hand her my passport and after she went through the computer for about 2 min she said, "Your ticket was cancel and they refund the money." I ask why and when, she said she don't know, she said they receive a email saying I have to come at the airport to buy a ticket in person and she give me a piece of paper with the number of Air France to call. I swear I wait on the line for 45 min and miss my flight of course. I even talk to my bank by the time I was waiting and the bank said they didn't receive any refund from them and was even able to go through my account to see the amount is still pending there and the cashier was so unpleasant and so rude until I spoke to one of the supervisor. So finally someone answer me over the phone and told me "ANY FLIGHT TO AFRICA, YOU CAN'T DO THE BOOKING ONLINE LESS THAN 72 HOURS BEFORE YOUR FLIGHT. It must be done before or only at the airport."

My question is why when I start my booking Air France didn't give me any red flag or warning, just let me do it and cancel my flight and my money is now pending and doesn't have enough to cover another airplane ticket at the airport. I just have to come back home and cry feeling like a loser because wasn't be able to go on my father grave. Air France said the money will be available in couple day in my account. I was punish because I am from Africa, so they need 72 hours to make sure it wasn't a stolen credit card, I am so discuss.

And tonight I find out that is when they allow me to do the booking around 10.30 pm and send me the confirmation yesterday around 10.45 pm and at 3 am a email from payment control send me a email to said they cancel my ticket. I mean what is going or why Air France set this rule from us African people. By the meantime I am here crying my Dad from the distance, really sad.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

As a loyal customer of Air France, no longer, my family purchases round trip flights from Houston to Paris 3-4 times a year, My sister and I have been traveling as unaccompanied minors, to Paris to visit our father, and now as young traveling adults since 2006. My experience with this last trip, cancellation of a Paris to Houston, via Amsterdam, was very badly handled, with Air France employees walking away in frustration, SCREAMING (can you believe) at very anxious passengers, rudeness towards the passengers beyond anything I have witnessed in my years of traveling, flight cancellation, delays...etc, we were left on the plane for over 2 hours until we finally deplaned and were told of the cancellation. It took another 5 hours at the gate for ONE Air France employee to reroute all the passengers on board, it took another several hours to obtain our vouchers for our rescheduled flight, mine was 2 DAYS LATER.

My flight that day was at 730 am, I left the airport at 7pm, that how long this cancellation took. When I finally arrived in Houston, August 18th, my luggage did not. I was told it would be arriving in Houston on Sunday 7-20-17at 240 pm, so I stayed in a hotel two nights to wait, as home is Austin, Texas. It did not arrive, and to date (Sept 3, 2017), has not arrived. I have been told the bag is in Paris, then the bag is in Amsterdam, then the bag is in Houston, then we do not know, then it is coming on the next flight from Paris. No one at the Air France baggage customer service can give a knowledgeable answer nor can they take the time to investigate. We will no longer book Air France.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

Thank you for your response and apologies. I would like to clarify to you that yes I contacted Air France special assistance desk 48 hours before departure from the US to request a wheelchair assistance to use at Charles de Gaulle airport and upon our arrival at Washington DC airport. The wheelchair assistance was never provided during the time with Air France. This is from Naples, Italy, then the transfer at Charles de Gaulle airport and upon arrival to Washington DC. Yes, the wheelchair was provided by KLM at Washington DC, Denmark Airport and Venice, Italy airports… And on previous years by all other airline companies that we used in the past (United, AA, Lufthansa, etc.).

Even though the local authority at Charles de Gaulle airport is responsible for providing the wheelchair service, I went to Air France customer service location to request it. The first time, the customer service person told me that we have to wait 20 minutes (no problem), so after 30 minutes I went back to ask for the wheelchair, and another representative requested it again. It was requested twice, but it seems your representatives never requested it at all. How is possible that we had to wait more than one hour and a half and nothing happens? So, after one hour waiting for a wheelchair for the second time that never arrived, we left to the gate walking very slowly.

If Air France, according to the European Regulation from July of 2008, in reference to assisting people with disabilities would have taken this regulation seriously from the first time that I called to the several times requested in person, we should have never had this issue. Why did we never have any issues with other companies and other countries in providing services to people with disabilities? There are so many other bad reviews about the lack of services that Air France is doing to the customers that I feel this case, my case, is not going to change anything within Air France. Please, think about this particular issue, and do something to correct it instead of just apologizing.

I’m sorry that Air France is not trying harder to provide a better service to their customers like all other companies do, and to say that “we do our utmost to satisfy our clients at all times, whenever this is possible” it is an overstatement. We will never use this company again!!

Original review: July 7, 2017

I traveled to Prague from Minneapolis, USA on Monday July 3rd. Today is July 7th and my baggage is still missing. I keep contacting Air France every day and they are telling me "your baggage should come today"... I have 3 years old daughter, I am out of her clothes, hygienic and cosmetic needs, medicine... I wrote a complaint to Air France through their website, they did not even bother to send me confirmation email. Frustrating. Prague Airport is not helpful at all...

Original review: July 2, 2017

My wife and I booked a flight to Florence in early June 2017 and paid €76 for a change of seats with more legroom. On boarding, we were denied our seats with the excuse that we would be blocking the emergency exit, though other passengers were assigned our seats. On our return, I put in a claim with Air France requesting a full refund. On 21/06/2017, I obtained a reply informing that they would only refund €40. I put in a second claim, and obtained a response on 28/06/2017 affirming that there was nothing more Air France could do. Air France defrauded us of €36. They have lost 2 customers, and I will make a point of informing everyone I know that the carrier acts in bad faith, by stealing from its customers.

Original review: July 2, 2017

My partner and I were passengers on flight AF 0011 departing at 21:50 hours on June 26, 2017 which was cancelled and we were forced to disembark at 00:30 hours at John F. Kennedy airport on June 27th 2017. To that effect I would like to make the following observations: We were not given any information during the first two hours (at the very least!) while waiting inside the plane, expecting falsely to depart at any moment for Paris, France.

Apparently your colleagues inside the plane were also not given any information and did not know what to tell us during these two terrible hours! The internal air conditioning was not functioning at all, causing considerable discomfort to all, including causing a few of us to suffer heatstroke, which I personally witnessed at the service cabin 6 rows in front of my seat (15K)!

When we were told to disembark we were not given any vouchers for food nor accommodation and were basically left to our own devices. My partner and I spent the next three hours in the arrivals lobby at Terminal 1 searching online for accommodation through the various hotel search engines, unfortunately to no avail. We were looking at the dim, grim prospect of spending the night at Terminal 1 in JFK airport!

As we would assume that JFK is a major hub for Air France, we would also assume that they would have all sorts of tried and true contingency plans for such situations as the one we suffered through two nights ago. We were unfortunately proved very wrong! I have never experienced this type of treatment from a major professional airline before and was amazed that Air France was so negligent to paying customers!

Original review: June 24, 2017

When I was traveling from Tunis to Paris a man in the check-in line was asking people to carry a package for him on the plane and deliver it to someone in Paris. I told the gate agents and at first they did nothing. Reached out to security but they could not speak English. Basically I had to force one of the Air France gate agents to talk to the man. He left but only to return later. Air France does not care if people carry other people's packages on board their flights. Never flying them again. Never been so scared.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I recently had the trip from hell due to the total lack of customer care by Air France. Anyone considering using them would do well to read this first. I booked a flight with a UK based agency, Fly Sharp. They booked me flights with Air France and China Southern, splitting the journey to Bangkok between both airlines. I flew from Manchester UK to Paris on New year's eve with Air France, the flight was delayed 3 hours, later arriving in Paris early AM on 1st January. We were delayed here a further 23 HOURS only being given a hotel for 4 hours prior to our supposed replacement flights. I had missed 3 connecting flights due to this.

First I missed my flight to Guangzhou and then another on to Bangkok (3rd flight was an internal flight from Bangkok to Udon Thani). As the trip was a honeymoon visit following my earlier marriage in November I was looking forward to seeing my wife and 3 year old daughter. Air France offered me a direct flight to Bangkok after 23 hours in Paris. I felt relieved and just so glad to be going at last. I arrived in Bangkok feeling very tired and spent an extra night in a hotel taking another flight the next day to Udon Thani to see my family at further cost to myself. This was only the start of my problems. Air France should have apparently issued me with replacement e-tickets. They never mentioned this or warned me of any potential problems.

When I tried to board my return flight at Bangkok I was refused boarding by China Southern airlines. They said that because I had not taken the inbound journey on my e-ticket, then I could not take the return journey. They told me to contact Air France. I was totally stranded with Air France refusing to help in any way at all. China Southern blamed Air France, Air France blamed China Southern. Fly Sharp the ticketing agents were useless and point blank refused to help. I was stranded for 32 hours trying to persuade anyone to assist. My phone calls and protests to office staff and ticketing staff were all dismissed without any offers of assistance.

I spent 152 pounds on internet and mobile calls. I returned to Bangkok City and booked a hotel for the night. I had to book and pay for a flight home with Finn Air. My total expenses were 669 pounds UK. A ruined holiday, a real taste of what to expect when things go wrong and you choose the wrong airline/travel agent. BE WARNED. They simply have NO customer care, just arrogance and a totally couldn't care less attitude.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Last week I flew from Amman Jordan to Paris. I am on the tall side of the spectrum. It was a red-eye flight. As soon as I boarded I knew it was going to be a tortured ride. I could not fit in the seat. Remember this is an international flight. The front of my knees to my butt in the chair was longer than the space given. I am not that tall. I buy my clothes where everyone else does but I don't fly Air France because they are more interested in sardine packing than customer comfort or even reasonable accommodations for all customers over five feet tall. So I go and ask the attendant and he politely smiled and said "yes a few months ago they added two more rows in the plane. That is our number one complaint and we get it every single flight." How much sleep did I get? None. I will never fly again with Air France and I would advise anyone that is taking a flight longer than one hour to find a different airline and let someone else fill the sardine seating.

Fortunately the lady in front of me did not attempt to recline her seat. Part of my party were seated next to her and when I told them that she never reclined her seat, and if she had tried it would have not moved one inch for my legs were physically wedged in against her seat, they sadly reported that she was a heavy set older women and that when she put the tray down to receive the service she could not get it down because there was not enough room between her body and the seat in front of her. Never Air France.

Original review: April 21, 2017

My booking Reference Code is **. I selected seats for myself and my wife and paid for them. When I check online, my reservation does not indicate that I have any seats. Please correct this for me. Thank you.

Original review: April 5, 2017

The most surly and dishonest customer service in the airline industry. What a nightmare! Don't count on ever getting money back that Air France owes you. They have been giving me the runaround for my refund for the past 4 weeks.

Original review: March 5, 2017

I fly abroad at least twice a year and fly in Economy Class. Air France has amazing service even in their Economy Class cabin. I took a trip back in 1998 on Air France as a teenager and they gave our family really good service. Last year my Father and I had to make a last minute trip to Israel from San Francisco and Air France served us very well. This summer I booked Air France from SFO-CDG-SFO on the Airbus 380. They offer such amazing service from the Inflight Entertainment to the meals and friendly service. You get little extras that the American airlines don't give such as eyeshades, comfortable headphones, Champagne, a fantastic meal with a menu, fresh baguettes, and a Digestif like Pear Liqueur or Cognac in Coach. The seats are pretty comfortable and you have a footrest to rest your legs on.

They are very good with serving these mini bottles of wine throughout the meal service, plus in the back they will gladly give you more drinks. Also they offer Ice Cream. All of our flights have been on time and our bags made it. What more can I ask for? The flight attendants airport staff have been very friendly and if you try to speak in French you get better service. Domestic flights on Air France are also good and even a chocolate croissant and coffee are most welcome. Did I say Air France serves some of the best coffee of any airline strong and damn good. You get a menu with two hot choices equally good so if one is not available you can get the other one plus a la carte meals, and special meals.

You either adapt to the culture or fly another airline. We were never treated rudely and in fact the Flight Attendant gave me extra bottles of the Pear Liqueur to have during the night and I slept really well. Plus prices are so reasonable. I got a flight for $1092 via Delta on the nonstop Air France flight while Delta one stop flights were pricing out at $1100-$1200. I would pay a bit more to fly on Air France.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

Pasting the complaint email I sent to Air France. In return they gave me a $100 Delta gift voucher. -- "I am Varun ** a supposed customer/passenger at Air France and I would like to voice my grievance due to Air France's treatment and response when faced with the situation detailed below. On October 16, 2016, my wife's mother passed away owing to which my wife and I made expedited trips to Mumbai. Our work visas were due for an extension. While my wife got her extension immediately, my visa went through additional processing, which took over sixty days, owing to which I couldn't make the first leg of my Air France flight.

My wife called Air France (US) on the 29th of November, 2016 at 1:31 PM Eastern Time, informing Air France that I would not be able to make the first leg of my journey (departing on December 7th, 2016 from Boston to Mumbai). She was promised by the Air France representative that I would be able to fly back with her and would also given a voucher for my missed first leg. She called back on December 2, 2016 at 10:55 AM to confirm if the information that she received was correct which Air France did confirm.

On December 27, 2016, I tried to web check-in and was unable to do so. I called the local Air France on Mumbai and was told that either the Air France website didn't have a provision to enter the US visa that I had (it only had resident permit #, re-entry ID #?) or there might be a technical difficulty with the website. I was asked to try again or check-in at the counter directly. Following her advice, I went to the counter, as I wasn't able to web check-in. Owing to a general lack of organization at the Air France counter my wife and I stood in the queue for over an hour, I finally reached the counter with two hours to spare (12:10 AM). Much to my chagrin, the agent at the counter told me that she wasn't able to check me in as the first leg of my flight was still open. Upon conferring with another agent and them calling Air France support I was informed, by her, that I wouldn't be allowed to fly.

I called Air France support (US) and they confirmed what the agent at the counter told me. Additionally, the Air France agent told me that I would have to call my travel agent (I had one and a half hours to catch the flight) and that Air France had no control over the ticket. Firstly, I was flying 'Air France' not cheapoair.com. Secondly, why wasn't I told about this earlier, ie the four conversations I had with Air France? While I asked the agent to confirm that the information provided by Air France to my wife was a mistake on Air France's part, he seemed non-committal much like every Air France interaction post the debacle. He gave me an option of paying $284/$287 in order to rebook my ticket. However, the reservation counter at the Mumbai (outside the airport) opened only at 9 AM and there was nothing much that could be done.

During this time the agent on the phone promptly hung up. I again called Air France support (US) and was greeted by another agent and was given the same information. I asked her to pull up the information on my wife's call to Air France but she said she couldn't and that nothing much could be done. By this time my wife was off-boarded her flight/her check-in was canceled. As per Air France's advice (latter advice) I called my travel agent and they first told me that Air France had control of the ticket and could change statuses as they pleased. However, they were kind enough to consider my case and negotiated with Air France on my behalf.

My wife and I were finally booked through Delta Airlines for a cost of $689.67 for my wife's ticket and $292.12 for my ticket. These charges included an Air France penalty, a penalty we incurred because of Air France's misinformation. Apart from this, I was on a call with my travel agent for one hour and forty four minutes. This was on roaming at a $1.76 per minute charge, which totaled to $183.04.

In short, owing to Air France's misinformation, my wife and I missed our flights; we couldn't get here the day we intended to and we had to pay an additional $981.89 on the ticket and $183.04 on the phone call to my travel agent. I don't think we will ever travel Air France again simply to avoid the feeling of frustration of having no control of our travel. There was a lack of professionally and information on Air France's part. There is clearly a difference in service between Air France and the other airlines that we've travelled by. I do hope that you take this matter seriously and refund the amount that we have spent simply due to Air France's inability to provide us with the right information. I am also posting this on social media."

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I was charged for a carry-on that was not overweight by the company Air France and the Hardship that I didn't have any of my bags when I arrived to my destination. I was staying at my destination for 3 days exactly. I received my bags 2 hours the night I was leaving back home. I was going for my father's funeral. I had to buy all my necessities, clothing that I was supposed to have to go to the funeral with. It was such a hardship that I will never forget. When I filed the complaint on the Air France website, I received an email to please "send me all the receipts and hardship you had and we will process the complaint". It took me the whole month of December 2015 to talk to the person that was on my case. I called every day, left messages, emails.

The lady that is assigned to my case has a very bad attitude. She doesn't know how to do her work due to her messages is over booked on her machine for two weeks. She opens someone's else's file and tells me that it's under my name. SOMEONE PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT. REALLY IT'S SO TRANSPARENT THAT SHE DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO OPEN FILES. Oh and tells me that she knows how to do her job and I should not tell her how to do her job. Also, her email doesn't work and "why did you sent the files on this email"... "Hmmm because you told me to send it to this email." Then she says "ok. Let's try to fax the information." I did to the 2 fax numbers she gave me.

To my surprise, she didn't receive it correctly and telling me that who "I see only one receipt page and it's in chicken hand writing." "Ok. But I have proof from the fax machine that you have received 18 pages. So where does the problem lay... You probably didn't see where the all pages are because you are so LAZY and don't want to see where are the files." And when I wanted to make sure she received the other pages, she tells me "please don't tell me how to do my job"... "Well I'm not. I'm asking if you found the other pages." And tells me "ma'am I don't appreciate your tone. Please you need to hang up and call me later." "I'm asking a very simple question. Do you have the other pages or do you need me to send it again??? I had a tone through my voice because you are not understanding me and you just want to hang up so that you can just get me off your back. Well lady you're not going to get rid of me this easy."

And to top it off she hangs up on me and puts me on hold with music. And dot on the street can do your job better than you. Her name is SALANDRA **. Her phone number is **. AIR FRANCE IDS THE MOST WORST AIRLINES EVER KNOWN. VERY BAD SERVICE ON THE AIR AND ON GROUNDS. Will never recommended it or go on it ever again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Nightmare caused by Air France. Since my 34-year-old son was diagnosed with cancer my life has never been the same again. He is the most loved of all his siblings. My 30-year-old daughter and I have since been catering for him. A happy news was brought into the family when my daughter announced that she was getting married to her boyfriend in Nigeria on 30 December 2016. My family was looking forward towards going to the wedding not realising that Air France will ruin it for us.

We all bought our air tickets from Air France, four tickets for four passengers. Prior to purchasing the tickets, we called Air France to enquire if I could travel on an expired Nigerian passport as I have indefinite right to remain in the UK visa on it. Air France customer advisor person we spoke with said, "SURE YOU COULD." He went on and added that no one can stop me from travelling to my home country even if I was holding an expired passport. My intention was to renew the passport in country to avoid the stress Nigeria High Commission in London put people through. On arrival at Birmingham Airport on 15 December to board our flights Air France staff at the airport refused me boarding. We were astonished over their decision. My terminally ill son even told them that he is terminally ill and I am his carer yet the staff bluntly refused me boarding.

However, they later looked at my ticket and informed me that the ticket was fully refundable that I should contact my travel agent and tell him to contact Air France trade department to process the refund. The advisor added that when speaking with the travel agent I shouldn't take 'no' for an answer if they ever say that the ticket is non-refundable as though she could foresee what I am now experiencing.

I went home from the Airport sad, or should I say depressed as it is every mother’s wish to see their daughter being given away in marriage by their dad. I quickly contacted Air France customer service on the phone in respect of the refund and they confirmed the same thing I was told at the airport that I should contact the travel agent Hyper Air Travel to process the refund. I contacted Hyper Air Travel, one of the staff at their office called Joe was so rude to me on the phone, without even contacting Air France he concluded that the ticket was non-refundable, adding that Air France does not issue a refund in cases like this. I phone Air France again, they told me that there was a refund on the ticket but I could not process it on my own as the ticket was bought by a travel agent.

Since 15 December I have been chasing Air France and Hyper airline to refund my £1150 ticket fee so I could purchase another ticket as well as obtain an Emergence Travel Certificate to see if I could make it in time for my daughter’s wedding. AIR FRANCE HAS RUINED MY CHRISTMAS AND MY AIM OF BEING PRESENT AT MY DAUGHTER'S WEDDING.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2016

My and my traveled on Air France last week. The seat for pre economy are not comfortable at all. Not much move room and they have in the middle for about 12 inch for the arm rest. Who need that much arm rest. They should have made half of the size so the person can move easily. The food was horrible. They served a small piece of bread and you won't believe it was like a piece of rubber and I asked the flight attendant that "is this everyone eating, cannot even bite". Then he went to business class and brought a soft piece of bread. Second time I got veggie and the naan was so hard to chew. The service was horrible. No flight attendant came for the fresh warm towels when time to wake up. I have traveled other airlines too. This was the first and last time I traveled with Air France.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2016

This is the third time in a row that I have been harassed by airport personnel--not by police but by gate agents--during boarding for an outbound flight to the United States, all three consecutively and traveling via CDG, twice on Air France and once on partner airline, Delta. The most recent incident occurred on March 5th, 2016. An almost identical incident had occurred last year on January 12, 2015. This was during boarding on an Air France flight (codeshare with Delta flight 8504), departing 10:50 am from Paris to Atlanta, GA.

During boarding, I was selected for the third time for secondary screening. I asked very politely why I was repeatedly selected. This prompted the gate agents to harass me further. Specifically, they confiscated my passport and my green card. I was later told that Euro authorities have no right to lay claim to my green card. I was then intimidated by gate agents to not be let on this flight. One person told me I could go. When I asked where my passport was, I was thrown someone else's passport. And then screamed at 'do not touch it'. After I finally located my passport and green card, I was told I could go. Another gate agent rushed at me and said I was unfit to fly b/c I was so agitated. I threatened to call the Turkish embassy and reiterated that I have every right to return to the US where I am a lawful permanent resident. They backed off.

My documents (passport and green card) traveled from hand to hand between gate agents and they intimidated me indicating that if I insisted upon boarding the plane, they had the power to stop me from leaving Paris. They also conversed among themselves, one of them saying 'let's let her go' and the other one disagreeing. Finally one of them threw my documents at me, which I had to pick up from the floor. Then, while I was boarding the plane finally, they rushed after me again barring my way, stating that I had used a sarcastic tone with them in 'thanking them' and again trying to snatch my passport back from me.

After I boarded, one of the flight attendants came to me and said that she thought I was unfit to fly b/c I was so upset. I held firm and said I was going to call my lawyer before they shut up. After I landed in the US, I called Air France and realized there is no accountability because the staff are third party agents. I used to regularly fly with Sky Blue - never again. I have to dish out an extra grand to fly Turkish from henceforth.

This is unacceptable treatment. It is clear profiling based on country of origin and possibly based on assumed religion. Second, the gate personnel have absolute zero authority to confiscate either my passport or green card. Third, they were unprofessional in leaving the desk unattended while other passengers in line had to wait just so they could come after me. It was clearly personal. Furthermore, this is the third time in a row transiting through Paris. I've already reported the incident to Paris CDG security and to Air France.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2016

I bought a ticket @AirFranceUS website and I was told that my return ticket will require that I collect my luggage(s) in Paris and switch airports which I read and understand. But upon arrival at the airport for check in from my origin airport on the return trip, I was told I can't board the airplane since I don't have a Visa from France to which I can pass through customs with since I will have to switch airports and be passing through Customs. That was how I missed my flight and I had to pay extra amount of money to board another plane (KLM) totally the next day after my schedule for other programs have been successfully interrupted due to the lack of honesty which @AirFranceUS is operating on.

I even called the customer service and the agent was telling me that since I did it myself online am suppose to know that I will need the visa before I can switch airports and was asking me to pay $523 after He waived $300 from the route change fee that I would have supposedly pay. I was utterly disappointed that adequate information is not provided at their website and the customer service agent said if I had gone to meet an agent, he/she would have told me what I needed. I have decided not to deal with such airline again and make do with the ones that tells you how and what you need even if you had to do it online yourself and not blame you for using your personal computer in the 21st Century.

I have arrived at my final destination safely and with glad in my heart. But I can't just let this slip just like that without saying a word. It was my first experience with the airline and certainly my last. You all should be careful. They will make you choose such connecting flight and after you done paying they will tell you to pay to reroute you since you don't have a valid visa. I wasn't the only victim. We were like two and we were made to pay extra to get on the next day KLM flight. Y'all just be careful when selecting your tickets. PEACE.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2016

My company used Air France cargo to ship freeze dried bacteria. The container was perfectly wrapped and with enough dry ice to last 4 days. Departure was 8 hrs late, missed all connecting flights and after assuring me they would refill the dry ice, they failed to do that. 12 days later my package arrived, original bags I put in were in box and condensation had destroyed my product. Cost to manufacture and replace product and all expenses approx 8,000 dollars. They offered me 2700,00. What's worse consign worldwide transport LLC/Sonia a freight forwarded out of Miami still wants to get paid for her service. Air France sucks. I will dedicate one hr per week for a year to advertise what they have done. P.S RETAIL VALUE APPROX 40,000 EURO.

Original review: July 29, 2016

More than an 1h on the phone - Great time: AIR FRANCE ON STRIKE. I am now starting to understand when they are not on strike. I took a flight to Miami where I am still and trying to book my flight back with Air France call center. I can write 200 lines here to explain my frustration trying to do so. I finally asked for a refund and the agent was not even able to tell me what it could be. I checked online as he suggested and they said, "Fill a form and we will tell you later". I made one mistake: I have a connection to another country on the way back. So my only option now is to buy a new ticket or I will lose the flight with the other company. The worse is a Friend of Mine who joined me for this trip came on Emirates and he was laughing that I booked on Air France. And I replied to him: Come on, I am sure they improved. THIS WAS MY LAST FLY. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN on AIR FRANCE.

Air France Company Information