Air France

Compare Airlines

Research top Airlines recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My and my traveled on Air France last week. The seat for pre economy are not comfortable at all. Not much move room and they have in the middle for about 12 inch for the arm rest. Who need that much arm rest. They should have made half of the size so the person can move easily. The food was horrible. They served a small piece of bread and you won't believe it was like a piece of rubber and I asked the flight attendant that "is this everyone eating, cannot even bite". Then he went to business class and brought a soft piece of bread. Second time I got veggie and the naan was so hard to chew. The service was horrible. No flight attendant came for the fresh warm towels when time to wake up. I have traveled other airlines too. This was the first and last time I traveled with Air France.

This is the third time in a row that I have been harassed by airport personnel--not by police but by gate agents--during boarding for an outbound flight to the United States, all three consecutively and traveling via CDG, twice on Air France and once on partner airline, Delta. The most recent incident occurred on March 5th, 2016. An almost identical incident had occurred last year on January 12, 2015. This was during boarding on an Air France flight (codeshare with Delta flight 8504), departing 10:50 am from Paris to Atlanta, GA.

During boarding, I was selected for the third time for secondary screening. I asked very politely why I was repeatedly selected. This prompted the gate agents to harass me further. Specifically, they confiscated my passport and my green card. I was later told that Euro authorities have no right to lay claim to my green card. I was then intimidated by gate agents to not be let on this flight. One person told me I could go. When I asked where my passport was, I was thrown someone else's passport. And then screamed at 'do not touch it'. After I finally located my passport and green card, I was told I could go. Another gate agent rushed at me and said I was unfit to fly b/c I was so agitated. I threatened to call the Turkish embassy and reiterated that I have every right to return to the US where I am a lawful permanent resident. They backed off.

My documents (passport and green card) traveled from hand to hand between gate agents and they intimidated me indicating that if I insisted upon boarding the plane, they had the power to stop me from leaving Paris. They also conversed among themselves, one of them saying 'let's let her go' and the other one disagreeing. Finally one of them threw my documents at me, which I had to pick up from the floor. Then, while I was boarding the plane finally, they rushed after me again barring my way, stating that I had used a sarcastic tone with them in 'thanking them' and again trying to snatch my passport back from me.

After I boarded, one of the flight attendants came to me and said that she thought I was unfit to fly b/c I was so upset. I held firm and said I was going to call my lawyer before they shut up. After I landed in the US, I called Air France and realized there is no accountability because the staff are third party agents. I used to regularly fly with Sky Blue - never again. I have to dish out an extra grand to fly Turkish from henceforth.

This is unacceptable treatment. It is clear profiling based on country of origin and possibly based on assumed religion. Second, the gate personnel have absolute zero authority to confiscate either my passport or green card. Third, they were unprofessional in leaving the desk unattended while other passengers in line had to wait just so they could come after me. It was clearly personal. Furthermore, this is the third time in a row transiting through Paris. I've already reported the incident to Paris CDG security and to Air France.

I bought a ticket @AirFranceUS website and I was told that my return ticket will require that I collect my luggage(s) in Paris and switch airports which I read and understand. But upon arrival at the airport for check in from my origin airport on the return trip, I was told I can't board the airplane since I don't have a Visa from France to which I can pass through customs with since I will have to switch airports and be passing through Customs. That was how I missed my flight and I had to pay extra amount of money to board another plane (KLM) totally the next day after my schedule for other programs have been successfully interrupted due to the lack of honesty which @AirFranceUS is operating on.

I even called the customer service and the agent was telling me that since I did it myself online am suppose to know that I will need the visa before I can switch airports and was asking me to pay $523 after He waived $300 from the route change fee that I would have supposedly pay. I was utterly disappointed that adequate information is not provided at their website and the customer service agent said if I had gone to meet an agent, he/she would have told me what I needed. I have decided not to deal with such airline again and make do with the ones that tells you how and what you need even if you had to do it online yourself and not blame you for using your personal computer in the 21st Century.

I have arrived at my final destination safely and with glad in my heart. But I can't just let this slip just like that without saying a word. It was my first experience with the airline and certainly my last. You all should be careful. They will make you choose such connecting flight and after you done paying they will tell you to pay to reroute you since you don't have a valid visa. I wasn't the only victim. We were like two and we were made to pay extra to get on the next day KLM flight. Y'all just be careful when selecting your tickets. PEACE.

My company used Air France cargo to ship freeze dried bacteria. The container was perfectly wrapped and with enough dry ice to last 4 days. Departure was 8 hrs late, missed all connecting flights and after assuring me they would refill the dry ice, they failed to do that. 12 days later my package arrived, original bags I put in were in box and condensation had destroyed my product. Cost to manufacture and replace product and all expenses approx 8,000 dollars. They offered me 2700,00. What's worse consign worldwide transport LLC/Sonia a freight forwarded out of Miami still wants to get paid for her service. Air France sucks. I will dedicate one hr per week for a year to advertise what they have done. P.S RETAIL VALUE APPROX 40,000 EURO.

More than an 1h on the phone - Great time: AIR FRANCE ON STRIKE. I am now starting to understand when they are not on strike. I took a flight to Miami where I am still and trying to book my flight back with Air France call center. I can write 200 lines here to explain my frustration trying to do so. I finally asked for a refund and the agent was not even able to tell me what it could be. I checked online as he suggested and they said, "Fill a form and we will tell you later". I made one mistake: I have a connection to another country on the way back. So my only option now is to buy a new ticket or I will lose the flight with the other company. The worse is a Friend of Mine who joined me for this trip came on Emirates and he was laughing that I booked on Air France. And I replied to him: Come on, I am sure they improved. THIS WAS MY LAST FLY. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN on AIR FRANCE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Air France?

Air France is indeed the worst airlines in the world. They are all about the money. I booked a ticket from London to Paris 2.5 months before the actual trip and chose Economy Flex because it claimed on the website that it allowed "refundable ticket without fee" given it was 4 times more expensive than Economy Mini. So the tickets for the round trip was 263. 2 days after the booking, however, I had to change the outbound date 1 day later than the initial one due to some personal reasons, and they charged me roughly 326, which meant I had to pay 589 in total, which was a ridiculous amount. So I wanted to cancel the booking and asked for a refund. I tried to do so on the website but I didn't allow me to.

So I called the support team, which could be reached "on 0207 660 0337, option 5, then option 5 again". When I called, there was no option 5, and of course, no "option 5 again" on the automatic answering machine. So I just pressed any number that allowed me to talk to any of the support team members. After 8 phone calls and 5 minutes waiting on the line, I finally talked to a staff, who basically said that it was impossible to get a refund, given on the website, it said in the Fare Conditions bit that "refund before the trip has started: allowed at no extra charge", which was right in front of my eyes when we were talking. I was speechless and did not know what to do. So I sent them a complaint and haven't heard anything back from them since. This is definitively the worst customer service experience I've ever encountered.

I started thinking about my vacation this year six months ago. Was excited to book and pay for my tickets on Air France thru delta back in January. As a good traveler 24 hours prior to my travel, I went to the website and checked in and got my boarding passes to Paris. At the airport on the day of travel I was advised that I will obtain my connection boarding passes from the air France transfer desk. Everything was going fine until we got to the transfer desk to get surprised that the agent is saying that my tickets are on standby and there are no seats on the plane!!!

Are you kidding me! I got these tickets 6 months ago and started my travel with the Web check in 36 hours ago. Was it a surprise to air France that I actually made it to Paris and was looking for my boarding passes. The ignorant agent was telling that it should be no problem to route me to Frankfurt then arrive my destination 3 am in the morning instead of 8 pm, adding 7 hours more at least to an already very long trip!! What a mess!!! Very bad service and horrible customer service. Scratch off air France from the books. Do not complain about bad financial status. You shouldn't be in business servicing customers!!

My travel from Cincinnati to CDG on a onward journey to Bangalore was filled with lots of issues. First of all, the plane take off was delayed by 3 hours. Connecting flight was delayed by 30 minutes. The counter staff were not sure the baggage makes it to Bangalore on same flight. Upon arrival to Bangalore, the luggage was not there. They didn't announce our names in the plane for delayed bags. We had to wait 1:30 minutes first doubt bags have not arrived. Even the baggage service guys don't respond in timely manner to trace and send luggage properly. I recommend passengers not to use Air France or its services in future. I still don't have my luggage after 5 days.

Worst experience! My parents were to catch a flight from Mumbai (India) airport to Houston (USA) on March 27th, flight number AF 217. The first leg (scheduled to arrive in Paris) was delayed by several hours jeopardizing my parents' ability to catch the connecting flight (AF 0636) to Houston (IAH). My father, who is above 65 years and has heart trouble, repeatedly requested at the Mumbai airport for a wheelchair to be assigned to him at CDG, and repeatedly requested that they be put on a different flight from Paris CDG to Houston, but to no avail.

After they arrived in Paris, they barely had a few minutes to catch AF 0636, which they missed (naturally). Then they were put on a flight not to Houston but to Atlanta (USA)! After having paid for a single stop-over travel, Air France forced my old parents onto a never-ending 2 stopover travel, and this nightmare didn't end at Atlanta. They missed the 2nd connecting flight from Atlanta to Houston. Why? Because they had to go through immigration and the connection was too tight. They're old, they can't run. So what was supposed to be a 24-hour journey transformed into an above 30-hour nightmare. But this is not the end of the story. Their bags were lost at Paris and never made it to Houston. So after an additional delay, we finally received their luggage. Which was damaged of course! Delta (Air France partner) airlines paid for the damage, and for that we are thankful. But, you guessed it, this doesn't end here.

When they caught their return flight from the US (Houston) to Mumbai on June 1st, we were all very apprehensive about Air France's ability to take them and their luggage safely to the destination. We weren't wrong. Predictably, one of the flights (AF 0639 and AF 0218) were delayed but this time mercifully my parents were able to make it to Mumbai without having to undergo multiple stopovers. But guess what? Their bags have been misplaced yet again! With my mom's personal items worth well over 50,000 INR - lost with the luggage! Is this an airline company or a joke?

At Barcelona, the Air France ticket agent asked us to check our carry on, as the plane was small. He said we would not be charged, so we agreed. Catching our connecting flight home in Paris, the Air France agent there said we owed them 70 Euros for the checked carry on. What? We were in a rush to catch the flight home and paid the amount but sent a complaint and refund request to Delta the minute we got home. Delta confirmed we should not have been charged and send a request for refund to Air France. That was over a month ago, and no refund. It felt like a shakedown. Air France is despicable, I cannot believe Delta would associate with them.

I've flown to and from Paris many times. This time, I was flying there from Tokyo. My business class ticket cost was $5,800- roundtrip. Before takeoff from Tokyo, a certain child, sitting in front of me, was acting up and was out of control. I understand that it can be very challenging for a child to be seated for more than 10 hours without acting up. That, in itself, is fine. However, when the parent(s) ignore their children, it becomes an entirely different situation. After 3 hours inflight, you can see that most of the surrounding passengers were becoming fed up. We finally asked the chief FA for assistance. Her response was unexpected. "The passenger is the wife of France's Consulate General in Tokyo, so we are unable to ask her to control the child..." Need I say more? The circus went on most of the flight. Such a response from Air France is absurd.

As a previously regular Air France passenger, I can confirm that all these reviews are typical of Air France, and the type of service one should expect. On my last flight I was told along with my girlfriend to move from my chosen seats to elsewhere (to balance the plane). Maybe next time we will be Sat on the wings in order to keep the planes balanced, whilst other passengers push the plane in order to give it a head start.

On a previous flight (which was 4 hours long) Air France had chosen to take a deportee back. From before the flight took off till landing this deportee was shouting, "Piiiiilooooot, pilooooooottt" for 4 hours. On another flight I had booked the seats, received my confirmation through email, waited till 1 day previous to check in (AF email reminded me to check in) then when I tried to check in I was told the booking was made but the financial transaction was not confirmed due to a staff error. Of course as this is AF, the staff member makes the error and I have to purchase a NEW ticket for an INCREASED fee.

The AF check in staff at Manchester are the rudest staff I have ever come across. You are consistently made to feel it is your fault the staff had to wake up at 6 a.m. to come to work, with their just out of bed hair look and eyes still half shut. However upon reading other reviews of the Air France circus it would appear there is an across the board training program to make these staff rude and arrogant. (The staff actually get worse in Paris.) On my last trip there was a film on the entertainment system. It was in French, with no subtitles. Less than 10% of the passengers were French speaking.

When all these mistakes happen, don't even bother calling customer service. After the regular chiming music which goes on for 5 minutes you are met 50% of the time with people who have little grasp of the English language, and whose sole mission is to palm you off or actually try and charge you extra for the inconvenience: "Oh we seemed to have not registered your transaction despite confirming we have done so. That's ok, if you pay 160 euros extra. You can book the same ticket you were supposed to go on, a week later."

Fortunately for me Austrian Air have opened a route for the same route I use twice a year for the last 8 years. Now I don't have to endure this circus act anymore. And it's half the price. What is shocking is how Air France have the audacity to blame striking workers for profit losses. Maybe it's because Air France is run by people who have absolutely no respect for the paying customer, have no sense of loyalty towards customers, and even at times give the impression they loathe their customers. To cap it off they send an email for you to rate their service? Unbelievable.

Going from Rio to Paris, Air France sent me an e-mail inviting to an online check-in. In this e-mail there was an offer to get better places by paying an extra. Accepting the offer, I changed my wife's seat to 19B. When I tried to the same with my seat, the site failed and even with several calls to the phone help, there was no solution. Some hours before the departure, I was on 37 D and my wife in 19B! After making a complaint via Air France facebook, I got an international call (in English) that solved the problem. Not happy with all this trouble, Air France gave wrong information regarding the transportation of a guitar.

I tried several times to argue that my instrument is very fragile and I could get it with me in a soft case. The company denied any possibility and suggested buying an extra seat! I asked for a contact with Air France at the airport to check any other means. I did not carried my guitar and could not participate on a show. But, during the real check-in I was informed that would be no problem if I took my guitar and during the flight there was another passenger with a hard case guitar, condition that Air France classified as totally forbidden. Resuming, Air France information is not reliable, the Brazilian attendants are arrogant and doesn't know what is happening in real world.

I have experienced many issues with Air France before such as cancelling flights and not taking responsibilities for rebooking, however this issue specifically shocked me! I was on a flight from Tunis to CDG Paris on February 22nd (Flight AF1085) and when I got to my seat I asked the steward to help me put my small bag up because I am 5 months pregnant and although it wasn't heavy I am short and it takes quite an effort especially when pregnant to get anything up there, and all he said was "I can't help with anyone's baggage. I'm not allowed to!!!" Then on the way back home on February 23rd (Flight AF1784) I flew back in Business Class and the stewardess had no problem putting my bag up for me even without asking! I can't believe how low the French airline has gotten to the point where they mistreat customers in Economy. So pregnant, old, disabled, I don't think it matters to them at all.

From Paris to Havana Dec 08 and from Havana to Paris Dec 29. Many things go wrong on this flight. I did many trips to Havana and back, with AF in premium economy class, but now I am tired of this extra costs they charges for the premium tickets. The chairs and the food is not worth the 500 Euros extra, and the service could be way better. The constructer of the chairs in the premium class must be stupid or affected with another problems when he or she created the chairs. Next time I will change company. Thanks for these years.

Flight from London to Bombay moved to 4 hrs earlier than what I had booked. I found out when I tried to check in online the day before. Customer care claims an email was sent 5 months ago (flight booked 6 months ago) but I have no record of it. I wasn't called texted or sent repeated emails to confirm this change. Called customer care and their answer was - 'We did our part by sending the email. We don't care if it went to spam or what happened to it. You should have checked your flight status before hand.' Who checks flight status once they have booked a flight? You just go and check in the day before (or not. I shudder to think what would have happened if I had not checked in online and landed at the airport in time for my original flight). Very rude and unsatisfactory answers from customer care. Not expecting anything better from the flight crew.

I had a reservation for months to go on a Best of Europe Tour from New York. The tour was paid for. I got vaccinations and visas and other necessary things. I had never been to Europe. This was a college graduation trip tour. I checked in and waited a long time. At one point there was an announcement for a passenger with my last name with a different flight number. I have a common last name and since it was a different flight number I did not respond.

After a period of time I learned that the flight number was changed and the flight left without me. There was no later flight. When I complained the lady said "we issued the announcement" and she walked away. I think that nobody would respond to an announcement like this. If it had my first name I would have responded even with the wrong flight number. It was clearly their mistake for using the wrong (new) flight number. I wrote multiple letters to Air France and they would do nothing to set things right.

Need to swap ticket with my 6 yr. daughter & she will travel with her father & I with her disabled grandfather. I have to cancel the tickets & pay 400 USD & an additional 700 USD. We will pay an extra 1100 USD for the same flights. Surely there's a mercy clause in cases like this. I'm so disappointed that there's no humanity left in the corporate CO. It's just greedy. Money grabbers.

My parents who are aged 50+ had a Flight scheduled to depart on 5th of November 2015 from San Francisco (SFO) to Bangalore(BLR) with a layover at Paris. The journey was supposed to last for 23 hrs including layover and transfer. The Flight took an ugly turn for the worse and the total journey period was over 45+ hrs with 2 layovers one at Paris and one at Delhi. The flight attendant and crew were very disrespectful and cunning and had no respect towards passengers.

We weren't offered any facility nor help and were stuck in a different country for hours. My parents were on two layovers and suffered a severe jetlag which affected their work and mental conditions. This is completely unacceptable and we need a compensation from your end, for creating such a havoc and disastrous situation for my family else legal approach will be taken. Details of the flight: AF0083 departing from SFO to BLR at 14:15 on 5th Nov.

Our online booking was originally correct and confirmed but when tickets were issued the names for one member of the family were reversed; surname and first name swapped, we had to pay £51 to change this back in order to be allowed to fly. Last time with Air France!

I'm never flying Air France again because of their carelessness and unsympathetic treatment of passengers. My flight from Paris to Boston was about to take off until we encountered technical issues with our plane. We had to sit on the runway for nearly 3 hours until they took us back to the terminal and had us wait another 2 hours until they cancelled our flight. For 5 hours, all we had were bags of peanuts, pretzels, snacks, and beverages but no lunch or vouchers for food were provided. Passengers (myself included) were becoming increasingly nervous and agitated the longer we waited.

After 5 hours waiting, we were rebooked onto another flight to Boston that Friday night and I eventually arrived 7 hours later than expected. My bags, however, did not make it to Boston with me. The worst part of my experience with Air France was their carelessness with my bags. I had a wedding to attend that Saturday night and I was informed my bags (which had nearly all of my belongings) would arrive the next morning in time for the wedding I would attend. They did not. I was then informed my bags would arrive later that night.

I explicitly asked Air France to hold the bags at Logan Airport so that I could simply pick them up from their kiosk before my flight out of Boston the next morning. For some reason, they did not follow my request and instead sent my bags to my hotel, unbeknownst to me. While I was at Logan Airport Sunday morning, ready to pick up my bags, I was informed that they were actually at the hotel I had just checked out of!

This carelessness caused me unnecessarily high levels of frustration, stress, and time spent on the phone. Overall, it took a total of 10 phone calls and 6 days until my bags finally reached me in my home in Seattle. I strongly encourage you to find alternative airlines to Air France. But if you must fly Air France, I hope you have a much better experience than I did. Good luck!

My wife, son and I traveled business class from Lisbon to Paris and connected to Johannesburg on 4 September (flights AF 1195 and AF 990). Firstly, the Sky Priority Service and the service at the airport lounge in Lisbon leaves a lot to be desired. Flight AF 1195 was delayed in arriving in Paris which gave us just enough time to for the duty free procedures with Customs, but not enough time to cash the money at one of the agents. We have more than 1,500.00 of uncollected value added tax benefits. Your business class seats are not as comfortable as those we experienced with KLM on our way to Europe and we did not rest well. My son luggage did not arrive and we filed the complaint at the airport on arrival (reference **).

Waiting for the luggage and filing the complaint ate away two hours of our time. As the luggage contains important items we need in South Africa we booked at the Garden Court Stanton Hotel expecting the luggage to be delivered the following day (6/9/2015). Wrong, we are still waiting and today is the 8th. I have made a myriad of calls to (011) 9616842 and one to your offices in France 00 33 1 55 69 84 68 from my Mozambican number ** (at considerable roaming costs) in answer to an e-mail they sent. The latter call was useless as the person who attended the call (17:00 hours LT) could not access the file created at the Johannesburg airport. The online system to access the file ** is not updated properly, necessitating frequent calls to your service center.

Today I was advised that the lost luggage would arrive in flight AF 990 which is delayed and will only arrive in Johannesburg at 19:00 hours LT and that it would be delivered to the hotel tomorrow. I insisted that they do so today so that I can finish my business early in the morning and be on my way to Maputo sometime tomorrow morning. This episode has caused a lot of stress, delayed our business engagements, made us miss recovering the VAT in Paris and generated unforeseen additional accommodation and food expenses for which I wish to have reimbursement from Air France.

I paid for a ticket for a girl who was in Paris. She scammed and defrauded me that she has to come to USA to see her ailing sick dying mother. So I paid $770. Instead of her coming to the USA she cancelled the flight and used the credit to travel in Europe. Now Kayak, Expedia, Orbitz and many other Airlines will issue leftover credit to the person who paid and not to the traveler But AIR FRANCE keeps the money.

After a 3 weeks vacation in Paris, we reluctantly set out to Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2 on August 22 2015 to take an Air France flight back home (Paris to Vancouver). Little did we know the nightmare that was about to ensue. In fact, the experience was traumatizing to the point that we made the decision to never travel Air France again. We checked-in for our flight electronically, and proceeded to another electronic station to weigh our luggage and ship it off. In the security line, we were selected from the crowd and asked to step over to a carry-on luggage weighing area. I want to point out that there were hundreds of people in line with luggage that looked far bigger and bulkier than ours, but for whatever reason, we were the ones chosen. We had to weigh both our carry-on and our hand-held together.

Our luggage clocked in at about 13 kg, which slightly surpassed the 12kg limit, and we were told rather abrasively that we needed to go back to counter number 2 to have them weighed by Air France, which we did. At the Air France counter, we were told that we either had to discard items or pay 75 euros to ship the suitcase. Since that is absurd for being only 2 pounds over, we painfully parted with some clothes and newly bought goodies. The Air France agent approved mine with 12.7 kg and my daughter’s with 12.5 kg. We then headed back to the gate and got back in line, our bags having been cleared and labeled with a tag. However, the same lady who sent us to counter number 2 flagged us down in line to reweigh our suitcases, despite having told her that Air France had cleared them.

She said that it was not her problem, and that they were still above 12 kg and that we needed to go back to counter number 2, which we did with increasing frustration (at this point our flight was going to start boarding in 15 minutes and we had not yet passed security). Air France sent us back to security saying that the excess was approved and so back to the line we went for the third time. The very same woman tracked us down in line and once again made us re-weigh our bags (yes this was getting very redundant). Another security officer was helping my daughter weigh her bag and told her she could go with 12.5 kg, but the woman overheard and stormed over telling her that she was going nowhere until it was under 12 kg! At this point, we were feeling incredibly aggravated over the situation, and very anxious about potentially missing our flight.

We had no idea what this woman’s problem was, especially since her colleagues were letting people next to us pass with over 13 kg! I completely lost my temper and exchanged some rather fiery verbal altercations with her. I told her that I refused to abide to her irrational demands and that I needed to talk to her superior or a police officer. She proceeded to alert a police officer who accepted to escort us to Air France (counter 2) and he handed the issue over to Air France staff. There were no less than 6 agents at the counter, and although they agreed that the situation was getting ridiculous, not one of them offered to go talk to the security woman to let her know that we were in fact cleared. We pleaded with them to end this ordeal and told them that we were going to miss our plane at this rate.

How did Air France respond to the situation? Well the woman who was la responsable simply asked me to go apologize to the security woman for being aggressive with her. Really? You want me to apologize to the woman who just made our lives hell for over an hour all because of 2 extra pounds? I don't think so. I am a 60 years old College Professor who is very passionate about traveling. I share my stories with hundreds of students each year, and I will not fail to enlighten them on the customer service I received throughout this infuriating ordeal. I will ask them to share it with their friends, their families, on Facebook, twitter, etc.

I’ll write a letter to our local newspaper, on the internet to inform people that customer service with Air France at CDG terminal 2 means that you, the customer, will be asked to apologize to a security worker who inexplicably decided to launch into a completely unmotivated power trip. Numerous people have voiced similar or worse concerns about the treatment they encountered with Air France and CDG airport. The ignorance of staff and inadequacy of service is very unsettling and disconcerting for a company of your size and standing. I will be sure to tell everyone I come across to avoid Air France at all costs.

Air France is the worse company I ever seen in my life. I will never travel with them again. I arrive at the Air France counter at 8h10pm in Abidjan and they were supposed to close the checking counter at 8h40pm so they told me that I can't travel. How is that possible? They are not professional at all.

I wish not to waste anymore of my time with the uncivilized, discriminant people of this repugnant company, but I feel obligated to save others from the horrid experience that is Air France. The dreadful details began when my family and I boarded the first plane in our connected flight, the first stop being Paris, France. I was utterly appalled by how hateful they were towards individuals.

One example being that when my mother, a women with four children, boarded the aircraft and struggled to lift her carry on above her head to place into the overhead compartment. My siblings were standing ahead of me so I was too far behind and could not make an attempt to help her. Meanwhile the male flight attendant stood right beside her just leaning against the seats, watching her. He was not occupied with any other work and did not offer assistance.

When my mother turned and politely asked him for help he scolded her saying that he did not have to help her. Now unless I am being completely ridiculous, the job of a flight attendant is to tend to your needs while on the aircraft and whether or not they are obligated to help you lift your baggage. It is only fit that a true man with the slightest understanding of civil manners would do the polite thing and help a women lift a bag, especially after she has asked him. Even past that, you have no right to rudely scold a women ever so harshly, or anyone else for that matter. With that scandalizing event, we started what was the beginning of a revolting experience.

Once we landed in Charles de Gaulle Airport we made way to the terminal of our connected flight to New York. As we approached the terminal we noticed that the gate had opened so as civilized people we got in line and awaited our turn to board the aircraft. After several minutes it was our turn to hand our boarding cards, yet as my mom reached her arm out, boarding cards in her hand, an airport staff member had the audacity to push her hand back, putting a French couple ahead of us.

In the moment that the event occurred I was too outraged to speak. When the couple boarded and it was our turn yet again we surprisingly got to hand our boarding cards without being rudely disregarded for a second time. After scanning our boarding cards the man informed us that ''surprisingly'' my mother and I were randomly selected to be thoroughly searched before boarding. Do take note that my mother and I both choose to express our beliefs in the way that we dress, and we both wear hijabs which are the Muslim head scarf. We weren't however, covering our faces nor dressed all black nor speaking a harsh foreign language.

I am an American born citizen, with Turkish ancestry, just as the rest of my family . I respect and value the protection of passengers and I understand security procedure however at the time I was not even an adult, but a minor at the age of 16 and I fail to see how I was the only child boarding the plane that had been selected for a random search. We patiently complied to the requests of the airport staff and they continued to try our patience. The women who searched through my carry on was incredibly harsh with my personal belongings and she practically tossed my laptop to me, rudely ordering me to turn it on.

Frustrated, I did as she asked and after going through it she continued to brutally handle it. After the flight, when I turned on my laptop it did not function properly as it started to process things slower and began to periodically freeze. It had no such problem before the flight. When the women began going through my purse she noticed my Kindle. For those of you who do not know, a Kindle is a reading device. After flipping it upside down and right side up a few times, she asked me to turn it on and I told her I could not. I explained that it had run out of charge and that the charger was not on me, but in my suitcase. That's when the airport staff started freaking out.

All of a sudden they all began whispering to one another and calling others in French. They repeatedly asked me to turn it on, when I had already explained to them multiple times that my device did not have charge. After several minutes, a women came up to us saying that she was from airport security and that for everyone's safety they needed to check what was in my reading device. Now, I had no problem with them looking in it, but if it doesnt have charge then that's their problem because they're the ones trying to go through it.

Since this is procedure and they do it frequently, they should be prepared for such situations. I do not know of any such rule that states all devices you carry must be on and fully charged at all times. I was extremely annoyed by the fact that they wanted me to solve the problem they created, as if I could magically make the kindle turn on without having any charge in it. They took my kindle and were gone for several more minutes while other staff members continuously spoke in French to one another, a language my family and I do not speak nor understand, while periodically glancing at us and no one bothered to inform us on what in the world was going on.

With mere minutes left for take off, a staff member returned with my device and said we could leave. They did not thank us for our time or for being cooperative, nor did anyone wish us a safe and happy flight. During our second flight we were yet again mistreated by flight attendants who were making it all too obvious that they didn't want to be serving us. One of them was so careless with my drink that he nearly spilled hot coffee on me and didn't even bother to apologize for the close call.

After this odious experience and the intolerable way we were treated, my family and I will never be traveling with Air France again, and we have made it our obligation to inform others of this disgrace so that they too can choose to travel with airlines that aim to please their customers and more importantly those who respect all people with no exceptions.

Would NOT recommend utilizing Flybe NOR Air France for your booking needs. This summer we had booked a flight through Flybe with Air France. Due to missing our flight as a result of issues with BOTH Flybe and Air France, we have requested a full refund. Just received a call that our request has been denied. The situation that prompted our request? Read on...

We arrived at the Paris airport slightly over two hours prior to departure. We immediately went to the Flybe agent to request our boarding tickets. We were instructed to instead see a desk agent with Air France. We went to Air France, requested to see a desk agent, and were told instead to attempt to receive our boarding passes from the self-service computers. We emphasized we were told to see a desk agent, but was once again directed to the self-service computers. We did as requested and after inputting all of our information received a card stating we needed to see a desk agent. At this time we waited in line for approximately 30 minutes, with only 3 people ahead of us. The desk agent printed our boarding passes and informed us we still needed to pay for our luggage to be placed on the plane.

As his computer/printer was not working he informed us he could not process the payment. He took us to another agent who printed the luggage tags, but she, too, was unable to process the payment. We were instructed to go to another Air France agent in a separate area. We did. This portion of our experience took quite a long time as the agent needed to call someone to verify information with Flybe and then told us the quoted price was incorrect and we actually needed to pay more money for each bag.

We paid the fee and then rushed to the passport/security area. We went through the passport line and security, arrived at our gate, and were informed it was too late to board. Please take note we had allotted ourselves plenty of time to check in and go through passport/security only to arrive at the gate once boarding was concluded - this was after being sent from one place to another by both Flybe and Air France agents.

If the error had been ours we would accept the situation that had occurred as well as the additional cost; HOWEVER, due to the inaccurate information provided by both Flybe and Air France, along with the slow service on behalf of the airline and its agents, that caused us to waste valuable time and resources, we firmly believe the fault here lies with both Flybe and Air France.

Thankfully my experience is not as bad as the others on here but my husband and I still experienced Air France's rude staff on the plane. Our trip was in December of 2014, we were flying from MIA TO CDG. We booked our tickets through AAA as part of a cruise, when we boarded everything was fine until we were in the air. About halfway through the flight my husband became sick and I called for a flight attendant 3 times in a matter of 20 mins. They never came, another passenger also became sick on the flight and an attendant never showed until someone had to come and clean up the mess. I on the other hand had to chase a staff member down to secure a sick bag.

On the trip back from CDG TO MIA the Air France staff made it a point to skip all Americans and serve the French their meals first. Our flight attendant literally skipped our row served the one in front of us, went three rows back served all of them which were all French, worked her way back up to our row and then served the French person in our row first then served my husband and I last.

The staff at CDG were very rude going home. I've also noticed that airports are not consistent with luggage. On the way over I was not required to check or weigh my carry-on and my purse together. But returning I had to weigh both together and check my carry-on which nearly caused us to miss our flight home, thankfully it was delayed. I researched this months before our flight because this was our first time flying international and wanted to be prepared. None of this information was posted on their website. I expected the flight requirements to be consistent both ways but they are not. Because of this horrible experience, my husband and I have cancelled our next European trip and will not fly Air France or Delta again.

I went to Cairo Egypt from Los Angeles on June 28th on AF, stopped in Paris and then returned on July 19th. Left Cairo took AF 0503 to CDG and then the second leg from CDG to LAX on AF 0072. Before I went to Egypt I paid $75 to upgrade my seat and I got seat 14B wich is more expensive than what I paid from LAX to CDG on my way to Cairo $22, that was a much better seat. Anyhow I got to the plane and I found (sorry to say) the biggest person taking seat 14A by the window. I was shocked, talked to the hostess, she said they don't have any single seat. I even asked her to sit in the back even if I paid more to have more legs and be at the front. She said "you can leave the plane and take the next available flight." I told her "I have to go to work the next day in LA at 7AM." I even told her I can pay extra and upgrade to business, she said "no."

I was very disappointed and very tired. I had a long day from Cairo, woke up at 3 AM to catch the first flight to Paris and then that person next to me smelled so bad like he did not take a shower for a week at least, breathing hard, pushing my left arm which I did not have any room to put it, and next to me on my right was my friend (very tall) who also paid and took seat 14C and of course she could not change it because of her long legs. I suffered a lot, was not comfortable, could not sleep at all, squeezed in the middle. The hostess felt bad for me and she told me to write a complaint and also she took my name and email address.

I have been flying from LAX to Cairo for the last 33 years and never had this bad experience in my whole life. I was crying on the plane, did not know what to do, that person was opening the window every few minutes even when everybody was sleeping. I need to talk to someone, no one contacted me at all and it is almost two weeks now. I am very disappointed. I want a compensation for the last leg. I hope I get a response from anyone soon.

I am supposed to fly 14th July 2015. Since I missed my flight from Istanbul to LA on 28th June, I called Air France toll free number and asked "is everything ok with my ticket?" The lady said there is no problem with my ticket, my seat number 25 something and you can change it at the airport. When I arrived the airport on the counter, the lady told me that I can't fly because I didn't fly on 28th from Istanbul. I said, "I have a group of people, I have to fly with them", the lady told me to call Air France number. I called them and they said there is no seat in the flight, it is full and the only choice is to fly on 15th July at 21:25 pm. My trip confirmation number is **. My wife flied on time 14th July at 3:30 pm (Kadriye Seyda Tuna). She asked the crew in the plane and she learned there are 60 free seats in the flight. She filled a report about this and sent it to you.

Dear Sir/Madam, I work in tourism industry, for the last 1 month I have bought 69 tickets for my customers from Istanbul to Los Angeles through Orbitz. I choosed Air France because I thought it is reliable company. Unfortunately I have changed my mind about Air France. Because of this inconvenience, I have stayed in a hotel near to airport, because of the stress I had terrible migraine attack. As a customer, I checked my trip. 1 day before the flight by calling Air France. What else am I supposed to do? I demand my hotel bill, cancellation fee and also I demand a comfortable trip to Istanbul on 15th July at 21:25 pm.

Air France Company Profile