1.40/5
Based on 55 reviews that contain star ratings

Aeroflot Reviews

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

66 Aeroflot Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 1, 2016

I had a flight the same day with Aeroflot from St. Petersburg to Moscow which was late like 15 mins. Since that flight was not in time I have missed the flight from Moscow to Baku. After I arrived in terminal from which the Moscow-Baku flight will take place, I have talked to flight manager. She was in her room talking with a phone which was evidently not related to a work. She ignored me during first 2 minutes, which was evidently very important for me. There still was 15 minutes to the flight even after listening to her long and rude speech about how it is impossible to get to that flight and how irresponsible my attitude is with mistaking the plane with taxi! Her job was evidently to help people from which she was very far away.

Then I went to customer service and learned that I can get into next flight with its original price which was very high! And that my flight from Baku to Moscow is also cancelled!! I do not understand why the hell to cancel the flight that is after 14 days in such manner! Even not contacting with passenger. Plus, in the flight that I had to get in again with Aeroflot, they took my 40 lbs. backpack to baggage with threatening me if I do not give baggage they will get me out of plane. The reason they gave for such behaviour was my baggage being massive! 40 lbs. backpack!! Overall, people, please do not fly with Aeroflot. They treated me very inhumane that I cannot still get rid of its effect.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2016

This is most horrible experienced we had encountered. First, our flight got rescheduled due visa requirements. Rebooking fee is ridiculous amount of money. And on top of that original bookings we had 2 free luggage, now it change to 1 free luggage only which is crazy again to pay so much money. Second, our flight got delayed and to transfer in Moscow it's awful. We are running like a lunatic to catch the connecting flight. Our gate was changed to 49 instead of 42. Third, our luggage was lost. It takes forever to find it and we ended up reporting lost baggage and again forever to process. I was so nervous because I have all the important items on my luggage. Fourth, going back to NY same problem - got delayed and we are lunatic again to catch the connecting flight. Also the food is horrible. The pasta is no taste, overcooked.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 27, 2015

We had the worst, rudest and unprofessional customer service ever on flight SU273 from Bkk to Moscow 26.12.2015. Especially one air host spoke English so unclearly that we didn't understand what she said and her behavior was angry and unsuitable; she snapped and glared us. After flight, we talked with other Finnish travelers and they said that they noticed same extra rude customer service on that flight.

We are very disappointed because that kind of behavior has not seen on any other flight ever. That kind of behavior does not belong to customer service. Our flight from Bangkok was late and continuation flight (Moscow to Finland) was already waiting for us when we landed. Aeroflot staff hurried us and told us to run to the next gate. At the same time, they took off our baggage identification tag from our papers. Our bags did not transfer to Finland on same flight with us and apparently if they cannot be found we will not get any repayment from our stuff because we don't have identification tags? Flight SU273 Bkk-Moscow 26.12.2015 was really bad experience. Other flights with Aeroflot has been ok. I cannot recommend this airline anymore to anybody.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

I am disgusted with the service of this airline. The flight was horrible, but the worst was the fact that once I arrived to my destination, I realized someone had opened my suitcase and taken out every gift I had purchased for my family and friends. I sent the receipts of the gifts, filled out a claim form and after 3 months of first run around and no response.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2015

I took my mom to the Washington Dulles airport this Monday for the flight to Moscow. We got stuck in traffic on the way to the airport. (We were traveling from a different city. Usually it takes us around 4 hours to get there. This time it took us almost 5.) When we got to the check-in counter, the woman was sweeping the floors. She said she was the Aeroflot representative and very indifferently replied that it was too late. We got there at 1:33 pm. She said they closed check in lines at 1:30 pm and everybody is at the gate and nothing can be done. While it was still almost an hour before the flight departure. Anyways, when I tried to call the company to exchange the ticket, I was on hold for a while until our flight departed so according to their policy I could not exchange my ticket anymore, and had to buy a new one. I could get around $100 fees back and that is it!!! No exchanges or other flight options were offered.

Nobody wanted to help us, they simply don't have any representatives at the airport. I was lost. I did not know where to run and what to do. The lady at the airport information desk was able to connect me with the gate representatives, something sweeping floor representative could have done, and the person said that he has 300 passengers to take care of and they cannot help us. Not mentioning my mom almost had a heart attack, when it all happened, because we did not expect this sort of indifference and simple rudeness. We used this company multiple times a year. We had pretty bad experience with them last year when same flight was delayed by over 24 hours. And this time around we were 3 minutes late and they could not do anything to help. Well, it's definitely the last time we bought their tickets, especially now I know they cannot do anything with the ticket if unexpected things happen.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aeroflot?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2015

From my point of view, one star is too much for such a awful airline! Last month I traveled by this airline, the first and of course the last experience. I was traveling to Dusseldorf, but as a transit I had a stop in Moscow. (My flight number was SU513 (Tehran to Moskau) dated 21.10.2015 and SU2152 (Moskau to Duesseldorf) at 11:35 dated 21.10.2015.)

When I received my luggage in Dusseldorf, it seemed that it had been opened. I just checked my stuffs visually. I had covered my objects with 2 big jackets and I found them like before. Then I thought, "Ok, in such a long trip something like this might happen," and since I had not enough time to control all things in details I rushed out of airport.

When I got home, I understood that whatever valuable or eye-catching that I had in my suitcase had been stolen. Unfortunately I had a set of jewelry and gold in my luggage which I'd tried to hide them to be safe. Also I had various party dresses. Surprisingly "dear thief" had chosen among them! Of course all jewelries and some of dresses! It seems that he/she has had enough time and has felt secure to go through people's stuffs and found his/her favorite ones!

I tried to call airline. No one answered me. I sent an email and described my situation. I received just a simple "Sorry." I offered a detailed list of my missed objects and asked them to control their cameras, not for me but for their reputation. Except that "Sorry" I did not receive any other emails. Till now I sent many email with different subjects for different department of Aeroflot. They even did not reply. It seems that I am guilty not they and it is a normal behavior from staffs of this airline. To me it was a lesson: Before choosing an airline pay attention to their sense of responsibility and their ethical reputation before the price. Unfortunately Russian got failed.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2015

Round trip economy flight from LAX to Barcelona, family of 6. It was great, seamless, comfortable. I would highly recommend flying Aeroflot. While their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, they are extremely efficient and do their job. Russians aren't the friendliest but if you don't travel with the mentality of "I'm doing you a favor by being here" you'll be fine. No lost luggage, it was great!!

Original review: Oct. 22, 2015

I had a fabulous flight. Very courteous and friendly. Was surprised at how clean and roomy the plane was. Wonderful experience and what a savings.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2015

The experience that my wife and I had during our first Aeroflot flight journey was exceptionally unpleasant while we were going on our holiday trip to London. First and foremost, during our onward journey to London the airline staff conveniently forgot to transfer our bags from one flight to another at the connecting port of Moscow. This meant we couldn't find our baggage at the London airport due to the delayed airport luggage. This was faced by many other customers who were coming from Dubai via Moscow. We finally got our baggage the next day in the afternoon however this incident ruined our plan for one and a half days as had to cancel our planned activities for the first day and manage clothing, toiletries and other essential items. This was a serious issue and it was a harassment of the highest order for us both mentally and physically.

Secondly, during the return journey on 26th Sept from London airport at the Aeroflot ticket counter the lady agent took almost 20 minutes just to issue our boarding pass. We were not happy about waiting so long at the ticket counter but we didn't react to this as there was little we could say and even less that we could do. The third issue that we faced shows how pathetic their airport management is. While taking the connecting flight (during the return journey) at Moscow, we were again troubled as their management were totally confused about the gate number for the flight to Dubai until the last moment.

While the lady rep diverting the customers for connecting flight informed us of the changes in the gate number of our flight, the LED display board showed us the same gate number as shown in the ticket. When we reached the suggested gate number, the boarding staff told us to wait after seeing the ticket as passengers for another flight were being boarded. Even 25 mins prior to boarding, the staff insisted us to wait. When we checked the display board again, the gate number shown got changed but this time to a third number. When we informed this to the staff they still insisted to wait. We were restless so tried checking another gate and guess what??? This was it!!! We were among the last to get boarded. Not to forget, we had to walk a kilometer inside the Moscow airport to reach the first gate and then the second gate was also around 200 meters away.

And the story is not over yet. At the London airport, we requested the lady agent who had issued the boarding tickets to provide us window seats. Though she acknowledged our request and agreed to provide the same, we only got window seats for the first leg of our journey (i.e London to Moscow) while the seats in the connecting flight were booked in two different rows and both being the middle seat on the opposite side (18 E and 19 B). Wowwww. I really can't believe she did this and did not even informed us. This was a real shock to us after all what we experienced. Furthermore, we found that there were many other couples in the same flight who got middle seats in a different row.

Just to conclude, I have never had such a terrible experience with any airlines before and I can't believe this happened to us. I really don't know how would Aeroflot team compensate us for this entire episode but the least they can do is to provide us the full refund of our tickets.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2015

I just want to share that after I've lost my flight to Beijing, my return flight was cancelled from Aeroflot. I didn't ask for this! I find this unfair. I asked for a tax refund and even though the taxes are 350 euro they just want to return 50 euro. (The agency airtickets24.com will also keep a 20 euro fee!) I find this also unfair. Is it possible to join forces with someone (something like an organization) in order to make things work in a fair way? Losing your return ticket because you lost your first ticket is just unfair and since now I know about this I feel obliged to do something about it. Thanks.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

I traveled from Copenhagen to New Delhi on 14/07/2015 by Aeroflot flight no. SU 2659/SU 0232 via Moscow. On landing at Delhi I found my only one bag which I was carrying is missing. I made a complaint at airport. The only bag I was carrying was given to me after 48 hours. At airport, the staff told us that we can buy essential items, as I was on a business tour to New Delhi and was returning on 26th July by Aeroflot. I purchased some items and submitted claim by email to their head office in Russia. I got reply that I should submit my claim to Delhi office with original receipt. I sent my claim to Delhi office. I got reply from Delhi office that claim is rejected as Delhi is my hometown.

Again I advise them that I am a resident of Denmark and sent a copy of resident card. Even I had back to Denmark on 26th July to attend my job. But to great surprise, I again got reply that claim is rejected as I am a holding Indian passport. They have not bothered to see my proof of residency and trying to cheat customers to save their money. I am looking into option to write to regulatory body to take action and also file a suit for delayed baggage claim as well as loss of business.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2015

We were two passengers coming from Izmir, Turkey to St. Petersburg with connecting flight Izmir-Istanbul-Moscow-St.Petersburg. We bought our tickets from http://www.airtickets24.com/. And from Izmir we took a flight company Atlas Global and came to Izmir. While we're checking in Izmir they told us we should take our luggages in Istanbul. We waited there and our luggages didn't come up and we went to lost and found. The women in there saw our luggage ticket and she said on ticket it's written that we should take our luggages in Moscow. But we were in suspense cause everyone was saying different things. So went to Aeroflot counter 4 hours before our flight and let them know that there is sth wrong about luggages and they called somewhere told us that they hadn't got our luggages yet and we should come there again before flight.

So we waited at the airport and 1 hour before we again asked about our luggages. The woman called somewhere again she said "they are picking but I'll call them again so you can wait for your flight." And while we were getting aboard we asked again and she naturally said "ahh! Your luggages hadn't translated to our plane." She called someone else and we started talking with him. He said because our last destination in St. Petersburg we could make a lost claim in St. Petersburg and he'll be trying to get our luggages in one day. And we got to Moscow in case of misunderstanding we waited for our luggages and also there was a woman from Aeroflot to take us to the domestic flight and the passengers that'll take the same flight as well as us.

So we told her our story but she couldn't understand English and after every passenger got their luggage and when our luggages again didn't show up we all went to the other terminal in the lead of women who works for Aeroflot. And when came to check-in place she sent us to the gate cause we had already gotten our boarding pass and we didn't have any luggages and then we came to St. Petersburg and we made a report about our lost. But when we went to St. Petersburg airport after 3 days from our lost, a member of AEROFLOT company said to us, (and I should state that he was really rude to us) "you should have claimed this in Moscow." And we said that "your colleagues in Istanbul said to us that we must do this inform in our final destination. That means your company misinformed us." After 5 days our baggages arrived to St. Petersburg (after when we accepted to pay for customs service).

And at last they made us to pay custom service approximately 200 EUROS for 45kg luggage!! Isn't this madness?? We were victims and we paid them also!! But when we were taking our luggages a worker of the lost and found said to us that "you will probably get your money back because this is not your problem. They should have told you this." The problem is THEY SAID NOTHING to us. THEY DIDN'T INFORM US BUT THEY INFORMED US WRONG AND WE BELIEVED THEM. YES, THIS WAS OUR FAULT. If anybody from Aeroflot reading this complaint, we want an explanation and take our money back. And you can find the copy of the file reference, proof of custom payment, damage claim, baggage ticket and boarding passes.

Original review: May 1, 2015

Our first ever experience with the Aeroflot. We bought e-tickets that I had to call and process it via operator since the dates were all different way combined. The guy, ** put all 3 of our last names as our first names and visa versa, which I found out later, how much I had to pay to fix their stupidity!!! Then at the end of the booking, he said I can't pay for all of them now, only one, or just go online and pay them directly on the web. First, he didn't say that "you won't be able to pay since you probably being American have to use a foreign bank card" :) hahaha. It never happened.

I had to call my bank in the US and make sure they won't block the transactions, still wasn't able to pay for all the tickets. We ended up going to their local DC office, guess what the lady said "your names are incorrect - last name is in the place of the first name..." etc... "you have to pay 50 Euro for each ticket to fix" WHAT? Wow! I heard so much about Russian lies and corruption, but to that extend? You won't see anywhere else on this planet! Anyways we had no choice but to pay for it.

I would never, never recommend anyone to use the Aeroflot services. Guess why are they cheap, because they have a cheap uneducated labor working for them, who barely speak even English being held on the US help lines, or the worse - they don't know that the LAST NAME is NOT A FIRST NAME, IT IS THE SURNAME of that person... :) l hope Aeroflot will read this. To all readers, save your nerves, pay more and fly with a different airlines, it is totally not worth it to even try the Aeroflot.

Original review: March 23, 2015

Flight Moscow, Russia - JFK at January 18, 2015. Booked more than 2 months before the flight. Mistakenly selected February instead of January. Customer service did nothing to correct the date. Charged $100 from my refund when I cancelled booking with a wrong date. Be careful with this air company, they like to steal your money.

Original review: March 4, 2015

Hello, this is the worst airline I have use. I recommend do not use Aeroflot airlines, they do not care about passenger just money. I have spent 6 months for a damage refund, I got from Aeroflot just excuses about it. They do not care. I still writing emails and I have spent 6 months in this matter, luggage damage cost is 90 euros and now because it was last year, they want reduce 10% because luggage 1 year older. Really this worst airline, avoid it. Also airline is over price. This airline is not trustful airlines.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2014

I had lost my luggage on my flight Seoul>> Moscow>>Tehran on Sep. 20 (~90 days ago) and I submitted my lost luggage ticket, claim request and the other documents to Aeroflot on October 5th. My luggage itself was 450$ and I had a size-52 man suit, Jeans, leather belt and shoes, shirts and T-shirt and perfume in my luggage (Totally about 1640$).

Stupidly, after 90 days I was informed that AEROFLOT is going to return me only 220 $!!!! I will go to Seoul police office, and I will sue this FUNNY airline. But I also want to spread this news so that other people may know about this airline. I also hope someone responsible from AEROFLOT may do something about this problem otherwise I will keep posting this message on all of my weblogs and social networks.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2014

NEVER, EVER again! I was stuck in Germany for 10 days because bad weather and Aeroflot couldn't fly. I didn't mind staying longer in Germany but Aeroflot didn't offer any accommodation nor compensation which they are required by law. Once we managed to get from Frankfurt to Scheremetejevo with 6 hours delay, our connecting flight was gone. We had to wait 12 hours at the airport with no food or water. We're not allowed out of a small holding area. At midnight, we were escorted to a hotel where we had to wait outside in the bus for another 2 hours because they didn't have enough rooms. So I had to talk to those Idiots and managed to get all people in the rooms by sharing arrangements. We were not allowed to leave the floor! We were IMPRISONED!!! The room service would only take cash but the only way to change money was a machine. I had to beg our KGB prison guards to escort me down to the lobby only to find the machine broken. I had to change money with the clerk at a 100% premium. I never had any problems with Air China going through Beijing. In China, they will let you out of the airport for 72 hours, even if you do not have a visa!

Original review: Nov. 3, 2014

I had booked 2 tickets with Aeroflot which I have attached herewith on the 9th of August from BEY - SVO - LED - BEY. However, we missed my flight (due to some visa requirement document we had to prepare). Thus, in order to keep our prepaid hotel reservations ongoing without any cancellation fees, we had to purchase 2 other BUSINESS CLASS one way ticket ($1,685) operated by Aeroflot via Milan to get to Moscow on time since we had a limited time on our Russian Visa. I had thought that once we arrive to Moscow, we will pay the penalty fees and keep our initial ticket reservation as is. After we reached Milano, we had to wait for 15 hours transit in Malpensa Airport because the employees were on strike, and no one from Aeroflot's representatives was at the transfer desk and no one would even talk to us (Even though I kept calling AEROFLOT'S desk from my roaming phone). No one even had the courtesy to go to the transfer desk to put us on the next 2 flights which they had from Malpensa to Moscow, so we had to wait for 15 hours to catch our flight.

After waiting for 15 hours, I spoke to the lady at the boarding pass to check if our luggage were on board before boarding the flight! Everyone at the boarding gate was extremely rude, and no one responded to us. We had no Shenghen visa stamped on our passports, so we couldn't exit the international boarders of the passport control to meet anyone at the Aeroflot counter!! And no one from their counter would even respond to my roaming calls to help us catch the second 2 flights they had to Moscow. After arriving to MOSCOW eventually, to my surprise, my 2 luggages never reached SVO's airport in Moscow. We had spent my entire 5 days in Russia with no clothes and no luggage. We still have NO INFORMATION ABOUT OUR LUGGAGE UNTIL THIS MOMENT. I have filled and attached the Customs Claim Form which I had to fill out at SVO airport after I have lost my luggage. Kept calling them almost 10 times everyday and they never answer. When they do, they reply rudely that we have no information!

In addition to all the above, our initial tickets on Aeroflot which I had booked and paid for (Attached herewith) were cancelled. We had to do a new one way booking from Moscow (SVO) - St. Petersburg (LED) - Beirut (BEY) again! And pay Aeroflot $900 USD again per ticket to keep ours and return back to Beirut! So we had to pay $5,000 for 2 passengers tickets!!!!

I requested them kindly to compensate us on the following: Compensation for losing our bags for 10 days. I had to repurchase everything during my stay in Moscow, WHICH I CLAIMED AT THE CUSTOMS IN SVO MOSCOW. OUR REFERENCE NUMBER IS **. EACH LUGGAGE WAS WORTH $10,000 USD. (Still NO INFORMATION ON THE BAG). EXPENSES FOR SHOPPING IN RUSSIA SINCE WE ARRIVED WITH NO LUGGAGE!!!! COMPENSATE FOR AT LEAST 10,000 USD FOR 2 PASSENGERS. Clothes, underwear, jackets, shoes, vanity kits, roaming telephone expenses etc. Compensate on waiting at the airport for 15 hours because no one would bother to meet us at the transfer desk at Malpensa to board us on the upcoming flights, even though we were on Business Class. Thus, a refund of my purchased ticket. Compensate on the roaming telephone expenses that I had to pay to get in touch with an Aeroflot representative at Malpensa, and the calls I had to call the airport to follow up with the lost luggage! In other words, I have never been compensated for a Dollar, they never took the courtesy to respond to my calls, messages, emails. And my luggage are still lost!

Original review: June 24, 2014

Specially on Indian sectors those fatty old air hostesses are so rude to Indians... They just ignore all requests and never pay attention to calling requests. I travelled from Copenhagen to Delhi Via Moscow on 21.06.2014. When we reached Delhi, Bags of 55 passengers were missing. No one from Aeroflot was present at the airport at 3AM. Around 4AM Air India's 2 staff started collecting the missing bags forms and that too they said that they are just helping us... they don't represent Aeroflot. I requested for Hindu meal and I was given 2 slices of chickens... that was Hindu meal for them.

Original review: May 21, 2014

I flew from Los Angeles to Tehran in April 2014. The food in the flight was horrible. The flight attendants were unbelievably unfriendly. In Moscow the connecting flight to Tehran had technical difficulty. It was announced to change the plane but they didn't open the door for 20 minutes. Then we had to wait on the corridor for another 20 minutes because the door to the airport was locked and no one was there. Eventually a crew passing by opened the door but there was no one to tell us where to go. When I came back to Los Angeles, I had to wait 2 hours for my luggage and finally we were told that 2/3 of luggages have not been loaded from Moscow. There was no rep. to tell us what is happening the whole time. The rep. showed up after 2 hours when everyone was screaming. When I told him about my experience in that flight, he didn't say anything like he couldn't care less. I got my luggage a day later at midnight. They were opened and damaged.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2014

This is the worse company I ever deal with. Unprofessional and horrible customer service!!!! I was the customer of Aeroflot from 2010 and today was a last time I called them!!! I think I am a very valuable customer when I fly around the world very often enough. I have booked ticket for Sunday at 2 pm to fly out to Moscow from NYC but unfortunately due to death of my grandpa, I have to change the date of my ticket. This is the case of emergency and I needed to fly out today but I couldn't change it because there was a fee of $100 to change the date...

Since I had booked 2 tickets I have to pay $200 penalty fee. I was pretty shocked. I was nicely asking to reduce the fee to at least $100 BUT Aeroflot doesn't do exceptions for their customers. But not only that, at CALL CENTER girls are rudest people ever were giving me an attitude and when I asked to speak to the manager, I was told that all my questions were answered and that they won't transfer me over managers. And there is a "MANAGER" who doesn't speak to the customers. SO I AM WONDERING WHAT THE HELL DOES AEROFLOT NEED A MANAGER/SUPERVISOR IF HE/SHE DOESN'T SPEAK TO THE CLIENTS?????

Just terrible customer service, terrible company and I would never EVER book a ticket with them again and would NEVER recommend to anybody to deal with them!!!!!! Stay away or God forbid you will have an emergency situation. AEROFLOT doesn't understand its' clients. Oh, not only that, I was also told that next time I should get a Premium Business class tickets instead of budget economy class, so I will be able to change the date for free. SERIOUSLY??? If I would have $ for PREMIUM class ticket, you think I would mind to pay $100 penalty fee. USE THE LOGIC!!!

Original review: June 22, 2012

I missed the flight (Moscow - Amsterdam) because the business class administrator did not repeat the request of the administrator of gate 49. When it was my time, I asked the business class administrator when my flight will be announced. She was in shock and sent me direct to the gate, but it was too late. The gate was closed.

The administrator of gate 49 told me that she announced it several times, probably in the hall but not in the Business lounge. From this point, all Aeroflot employees sent me to different desks and their English was not good. Also, my Russian was not good enough, but I can guarantee you that it is good enough to understand that they are looking for me. I fly for more than a year to Russia and I like your company. What I don't like is the service if those things happened. My fault, my fault that is only what they can say. That is the reason that I write a complaint.

I don't know why but Aeroflot changed the lounge, the Amber lounge instead of Classica. Maybe you can tell them that I am disappointed and expected more service. The penalty is less 800 ruble, that is good service. But, I still think that I am not wrong. Minimum, we are both wrong. I learned my lesson and do not wait anymore and would act earlier. My question is what did Aeroflot learn?

This is what I want: my 800 ruble back; I want to go with my wife to Australia in 18 months and I need more Air miles. Maybe you can do something back for my little money damage but a bigger social damage, 6 hrs delay. I want to go home to my family.

Original review: March 20, 2012

March 16, Friday at Vladivostok. I requested to change my flight from March 31 to April 17 (from Beijing to Amsterdam through Moscow). Request accepted by paying a fee of 100 euros. This fee was only guaranteed for 24 hours from changing time. Fee can not be paid by credit card over the phone neither by me or a Russian person, but only in the office of Aeroflot in Vladivostok or Airport Artom. However, this Friday the office in Vladivostok is closed and the airport office is not in reasonable distance from Vladivostok. Also, the office of Vladivostok is closed on Saturday and Sunday. Aeroflot offered to call the office in Holland or Austria, for they could accept credit card. I called, but they demand resp. 125 euros and 170 euros. I want to pay 100 euros as quoted, nothing more. I can not pay this amount within 24 hours without going to the airport of Artom. I decided not to do this because I can not and do not want to spend this time. Aerflot suggests to risk a higher fee and wait until Sunday to call back and make new reservation for the change of ticket so within 24 hours on Monday I can pay at the Vladivostok office according to the rate available on Sunday. I decided to wait for Sunday to make new reservation.

March 18, Sunday at Vladivostok. I called Aeroflot but they refused to make a new reservation for the change of ticket. They say it is not possible since I already made a reservation. I asked again, but no new reservation can be made. I wait until Monday. March 19, Monday, Vladivostok: I went to the Aeroflot office in Vladivostok, and when I walked in there are about 40 to 50 people packed in the office where 2 ladies are working at the desk (place for 3). I make video recording of this which is available on YouTube under "Aeroflot Service March 2012.” We entered this office about 2.30 pm. The office closes at 6.00. I call to Aeroflot and they said it is possible to make new reservation, which I do. The fee of 100 euros is still available and I need to pay this in one of the offices (Vladivostok or Airport Artom) within 24 hours to be assured of the fee of 100 euros. I went out of the office and returned at about 5.30 pm. The lady who was waiting in front of us around 2.30 still has 9 persons in front of her. I tried to talk to the manager, but she does not want to reply.

March 20, Tuesday at Artom Airport. I take the bus from Vladivostok to Artom Airport and arrive at the office of Aeroflot at the airport after 1.15 hours at about 1.35 pm. The lady behind the desk informs me to wait 30 minutes so she can help passengers of upcoming flights first (nice for them). After this period, she wants to help us, but her system cannot process the request of payment. She called Aeroflot and at 3 pm she can accept our payment. The credit card machine is not working and I can only pay in cash. I paid and I changed my flight by being able to pay after 4 days. I called Aeroflot to discuss this situation right after I paid and while explaining my situation to the man over the phone, he ended the phone call.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2011

I have been an Aeroflot Airlines customer since 2006 because I fly to Russia every year. I always order the plane ticket online. (1) On May 18 2011, I ordered a ticket online and made sure all the information was correct, and I pressed the submit button for payment in the amount of $1,117.30: Simferopol-Moscow-Astrakhan, Moscow-New York. (2) After I received my ticket confirmation on e-mail on 8.57 pm, it stated that the flight Moscow-New York was scheduled for 10.05 am instead of the afternoon flight I requested.

I assumed the Web mistake occurred and decided to contact Aeroflot. (3/a) I waited for morning in Moscow and called Aeroflot (according to my Google account on 5/18/11, 11:56 pm which was 7.56 am by Moscow time) requesting to correct the website mistake. (b) The lady whose name was Natasha (if I can recollect correctly) replied the ticket was non-refundable, and even in the case of mistake, they cannot do anything. I asked for a manager, she said the manager was not there, but the manager would not be able to help, anyway. Her tone was rude. (4) I applied for dispute with American Express. They couldn't help, either because Aeroflot told them the ticket was non-refundable. AmEx advised me to use the third party. (5) I contacted Aeroflot several times from Ukraine and Russia after that, but all the time the lines were busy, or I got disconnected. I did not use the ticket, at all.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2011

My flight from London to Delhi (via Moscow) was cancelled on the day of departure. They put me on an alternate flight on the same route that departed several hours later and included a 12-hour stop in Moscow rather than a 3-hour one.

This was annoying in itself but not the main issue. I requested a vegetarian meal, and had this verified prior to the initial cancellation of my flight. No one at Aeroflot bothered to transfer this request to the replacement flight and that flight didn't carry any vegetarian meals. So I didn't eat on the flight and on complaining at the Aeroflot desk at Moscow airport, received some meal tokens to spend in the airport.

However, the value of the tokens was pathetic by any measure. The only eatery open was TGI Fridays and the only vegetarian option there was soup, which I ordered with a glass of orange juice. These two meagre items not only came to more than the amount I had in tokens but required me to pay several Euros too! Just to add insult to injury, this event happened nearly a year ago and repeated emails to Aeroflop are ignored and occasionally referred to some other department that proceeds to ignore them. Also the level of English of Aeroflot staff is terrible for the international airline.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2011

We are at SVO in Moscow on 8 Jan 11. It is all quiet here but the Aeroflot agents are as unhelpful as ever. We arrived early and tried to get an earlier flight. We spoke with the duty manager, Andrei ** of Aeroflot. He was very unhelpful and called a lady over to deal with us, English speakers. Obviously, we had gone to him as he is a manager. Andrei's female colleague did not translate and he took minimal interest. She said that we need to pay $170 per ticket to catch an earlier flight and there was no recognition of the fact that we had such a big problem with Aeroflot on our outward leg at the end of December. Andrei did not even bother to say good bye. Later, we went to check-in and spoke with "Natalya." She was equally unhelpful and it was difficult to persuade her to allow my wife and I to sit together. All in all, it was terrible service again from Aeroflot.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2010

I was flying from Beijing to Moscow with Aeroflot on the 23rd of December 2010. The airport was practically empty as it was a very late flight (01:55 am). When I was checking in I heard some loud voice from the man in front of me. It was a man from Azerbaijan, complaining to the check-in officer that he cannot pay the 280 euros for 8 kilos overweight.

I got involved since the man did not speak good English assuming that the Chinese check-in officer did not say euro but RMB. I was wrong. He was in fact asking for 280 euro! The customer left screaming and opening his luggage to get some stuff out. I went to check in with my business partner and for 45 kilos total weight (for 2 passengers) we were informed that the excess 5 kilos would cost 200 US dollars (this time the currency had changed!) I complained, realizing that the Chinese man was making money from this as he was the oldest of all 8 check-in officers and had replaced a young girl by sending her somewhere else while she was checking passengers in.

And I noticed that all other 7 lines had no such problems. Obviously he was in charge. I refused and asked why it costs so much. He said in good English that Aeroflot had such high tariffs for excess weight. He refused to let us fly unless we paid. I refused again asking for an official from Aeroflot to confirm it. He told us there was none there. We were in this mans mercy! It was $200 or Christmas in Beijing, China. I told him I would rather get rid of some of my clothes,and he told me it was not his problem. So we had to leave some of our clothes (4 pairs of jeans, 4 blouses, a bag of underwear) in a bin in the airport and wear 2 jackets each and 3 sweat shirts! Then we could fly. Where was Aeroflot? How much should I have paid for 5 kilos? What will you do about it?

Original review: Oct. 24, 2010

I am writing to you, because my trip was abruptly cancelled due to unsuspected complications with my passport. On 23rd of October, I was supposed to travel with Aeroflot Company from Los Angeles to Minsk, Belarus. I am a dual citizen of both countries with American passport valid till 2016 and my Belarusian passport valid till 2022. This is my first time trying to fly with Aeroflot. Normally, I do fly with Lufthansa or Lot. My last trip was three months ago with Lufthansa and I never had a problem to present a visa to an intermittent country, which is normally Frankfurt, Germany or Warsaw, Poland, since my start point and my destination point fall within my legitimate presence due to both passports being valid. However, while trying to travel with Aeroflot, I discovered that my Belarusian passport, even though valid, lacks a stamp that allows me to leave and enter Belarus multiple times a year.

Last time I was in Belarus, they informed me that they stop administering stamps in Belarusian passports and it never was a problem for me, while I was trying to leave my country, Belarus, on multiple occasions previously to travel through Germany of Poland. However, this time I was denied the entrance to a supposedly friendly country, Russia, even though my country, which is Belarus, doesn't seem to have a problem with me coming home as desired. I understand that different countries have different policies and regulations; therefore, I will keep this newly learned lesson in my mind for my future travels.

In the mean time, I would like to receive the full refund of the unused ticket, I do not wish to receive any credit, since I do not plan to fly Aeroflot in the future. I also have to comment on a representative from Aeroflot in Los Angeles, he was very helpful and he provided a very professional way of dealing with my problem. I do not know his last name, but his first name is Karen. Thank you Karen for being there when disgruntled and mostly upset passengers feel extremely helpless! As I am writing this letter to you, I am also copying this message to a Belarusian embassy representative for their future consideration.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2010

I flew on Aeroflot Russian Airlines from Amsterdam to Shanghai, connecting through Moscow, on December 24, 2009. When checking in for my flight to Moscow, I was informed that the flight was delayed by 2.5 hours with no apparent weather problems in either Amsterdam or Moscow, and was told to go to the ticket counter for rebooking as I would likely not make my connection. The ticket counter told me the only possibility was to go on the same flight the next day, but that I should go to Moscow as the flight would be held for me and 5 others. I took that advice and checked in. The flight ended up 3.5 hours delayed and I had no chance of making my flight to Shanghai. No information was ever offered about the flight delays.

When I arrived in Moscow, I was unable to pass the transfers desk as I and the other 4 travelers to Shanghai were on a list indicating that we would spend the night in Moscow and leave at 8 PM the next day. This is despite the fact we were in plenty of time for the Beijing flight at 10 PM the same night, which would have gotten us to Shanghai the next morning/afternoon. Instead, we were forced to go to the transit section of the Novotel hotel for almost 24 hours--where we were forced to share a room with a stranger, provided with one bottle of water for the entire time, and given two inadequate (some of the food was rotten) meals at improper times.

We arrived at the hotel around 10 PM but were offered no dinner since we had sat at the airport for 2-3 hours (in a zone which did not have access to food or drinks), waiting to be moved to the hotel, we had missed dinner. The worst part of the entire process was that no apologies were offered or even friendliness on the part of the staff. Instead, we were treated as if it was our fault to have been stuck in that situation. This was all took place on December 25, which is Christmas Day in western countries.

I cannot believe that the Skyteam alliance allows Aeroflot to be a member, and especially to codeshare with airlines like KLM or Delta who provide excellent service and would never subject a traveler to such events. I would never have chosen Aeroflot was it not for its membership in the Skyteam alliance which gave me faith that I would be treated the same as other Skyteam airlines. Other airlines would have provided a business class upgrade on the next leg of the flight (the business class was almost empty), as well as free frequent flier miles or a flight voucher. Aeroflot has not even offered an apology.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2009

On the 23rd of December 2009, I was traveling from Edinburgh to Chelyabinsk, in Russia to visit my partner. Due to inclement weather conditions, my flight was cancelled. I managed to secure a later flight which should have arrived in London in plenty of time to catch the Aeroflot to Moscow and a further flight from Moscow to Chelyabinsk, but this flight was continuously delayed, and consequently, I missed my connections from London to Chelyabinsk, I had to pay an extra 150 British Pounds for a flight from London to Moscow on a flight which was virtually empty. Then they decided my suitcase was overweight and charged me a further 80 GB Pounds. Eventually arriving in Moscow, I had to collect my baggage and check in for the onward flight to Chelyabinsk, I could not find my luggage and was promptly informed it was still in London. No one apologized; no one accepted responsibility. They just shrugged their shoulders and said, "It is not my fault." I feel that Aeroflot personnel at airports are running some sort of confidence trick on tourists. Aeroflot and BAA should look into this matter. It took four days to retrieve my suitcase, with still no apology.

Aeroflot Company Information