3.56/5

Aer Lingus Reviews

183 Aer Lingus Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 13, 2019

On May 5th, 2019 my husband and I had a flight going from Naples, Italy to Dublin, Ireland (with Aer Lingus), then from Dublin to New York JFK airport, NY (Aer Lingus) and then from New York JFK airport, NY to Tampa, FL. Our flight from Dublin, Ireland to New York (JFK) on May 5th was supposed to take off at 4:20 PM (16:20), however it did not take off until approximately 10:00 PM (22:00). We landed in New York, NY at 11:05 PM (EST). We were supposed to arrive in New York, NY at 6:55 PM (EST).

When we arrived at the gate in Dublin, Ireland there were no employees available to speak to. After some time, they announced the flight would be 15 m delayed. Approximately every 1-1.5 hours they continued to push back the time the flight would leave without any explanation. Finally, they announced it was delayed because of technical difficulties. We were also told that we would not be told if we would make it to Tampa that night until we landed in New York, NY. My husband is an attorney and I am a special needs children’s therapist (Behavior Analyst). Since we did not have information, we could not tell our clients and patients whether we would be at work the next day in Tampa.

When we exited the plane, we were given a printed ticket with a time for 9:54 AM the next morning (see attached form) to arrive in Tampa, FL at 1:00 PM pm May, 6th 2019. We were originally supposed to be in Tampa at 11:18 PM on May 5th, 2019. We were not able to actually get into the hotel until 1:30 AM including the time for waiting for customs, the shuttles, and the long line at the hotel.

The next morning, we arrived 3 hours early at the JetBlue gate (on the email it instructed to check in at jetblue and we could not check in online). While at the Jetblue check in, the jetblue employee told us that Aer Lingus had not finished completing out booking, and that there was nothing they could do about it. She also told us the flight was almost full, and we may not be able to get on the flight. At this point we were beyond frustrated and upset. We called Aer Lingus and told a representative our problem. She put me on hold for approximately 20-30 minutes. She then said Aer Lingus had not finished the booking and then she finished the booking. We were then able to get our tickets. Our flight to Tampa was also slightly delayed due to fuel issues.

We landed in Tampa at 1:30 PM (a total of 14 hours and 10 min after the original arrival scheduled time). We were given 16 euro worth of vouchers at the airport for food in Dublin, however were not offered any free wifi or emailing on the flight from Dublin to New York. This delay in the flight caused both me and my husband to miss work until 3 PM on Monday. The situation was handled poorly without little information and not booking our tickets, causing extra stress and work on our end once we got to the airport Monday. In addition- on the way to Naples the flight from Dublin to Naples was also delayed 1 hour without any information. Our seats were covered in crushed crackers and when we asked for napkins no one came and we ended up cleaning it ourselves with whatever we could find to clean it with.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have flown with Aer Lingus for many years and have watched their decline over recent ones to the point I will NEVER give them another penny of my money. 8 family members plus 1 6 month old baby flew to Boston and onwards to Florida. Not only did they not assign us our "paid for seats", they split the young mum with the baby from everyone else and only after much hassle was the dad allowed to sit with them. On the return journey, their partners Jet Blue changed the connection time from Orlando back to Boston, we rang to express concern that it wasn't enough time given delays etc and were assured that it was no problem and as long as we were there 30 minutes before they would wait for us. After a Jet Blue delay, we landed at 9.02pm (flight was due to take off at 9.30pm) we were told to run by Jet Blue to the gate.

On arrival at the gate the plane had closed gate and wouldn't allow us on. It didn't take off until 10.06pm that evening. We were left with not only a 6 month old baby with no food but a type one diabetic whose insulin was in the luggage. They told us the luggage was in their safe hold and would be put on our flight the following day. We arrived at the airport the following day and asked FIVE times if our cases were definitely on the plane and we were told yes. It took another hour to sort out seating before we could go through security. We arrived in Dublin at 4am to discover we had NO bags....all five were missing.

A very non interested employee took our details and told us the bags were already on the next flight and would land at 8.30am, she would have them to us by lunchtime. At lunchtime I called Aer Lingus as we had heard nothing. A lady whom I struggled to understand told me my bags were in Dublin but as we live far away it would be tomorrow before we could get them.... I told her this was unacceptable as my husband needed his insulin and could not go another day. She said she would ring me back in one hour. Three hours later I tracked the bags online to discover they are NOT In Dublin, they are still trying to trace them. Where is the customer service? Who can get away with lying to customers? Aer Lingus you used to be one of the best - you are without doubt THE WORST now. I will never use my national airline again. I will fly to London and use Virgin or anyone rather than you.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Do not use the deposit offer on the website. It is non-refundable no matter what. If you go to buy ticket through the deposit confirmation # they ask for you to buy a meal and buy a seat assignment even though put deposit on a ticket that included that. I thought the deposit would be refundable and went ahead and bought another ticket just to make sure I had the meal and seat assignment. When I went to get the deposit back I got stonewalled. Quote from Aer Lingus "As we believe that the conditions were clearly defined and displayed during the booking process and in our subsequent email, we would respectfully decline to make an exception to them." They essentially stole my money. In addition if you call you will be put on hold for over 45 minutes and when told that you will get a phone call back it never happens. Horrible company.

Original review: March 23, 2019

In June 2018 my flight from Dublin to Lisbon was cancelled by Aer Lingus. Via European Regulation 261/2004 Article 7, Para 1 I made a claim for compensation. This was accepted and Aer Lingus stated in an email dated Oct 25 2018 that I would receive AUD1297 shortly. In Nov 2018 I reminded Aer Lingus that the compensation had not arrived in the bank account I nominated and received an apology email dated 12 November 2018 and that, “We will then give you further feedback from our Accounts Department once the bank transfer had pushed through”. On 24 Feb 2019 I sent another note via the Aer Lingus contact system saying nothing has happened and asking when am I likely to receive the monies. To date I have received no reply.

Original review: March 3, 2019

I bought a flight Lisbon-Dublin for Feb 17th 2019. I received an email confirming the purchase and was able to check in without problem. When I went to the counter to drop the bag, I was informed that I wouldn’t be able to board the plane. The staff member and her supervisor told me that it was because I bought the ticket with an online credit card. They cancelled my reservation (but did charged for it). So I miss my appointment on 18th morning and bought in that moment another flight to Dublin leaving in the next morning with a normal credit card.

Arriving at the hotel I call call center to understand what went wrong. I was informed by the call center member that my reservation was ok and I should be able to board. No insides for what happened. In the next day I went to the airport to get on the flight purchase in the evening before. But they didn’t let me board again. They did not give me a reason just showed me an e mail telling me that they should not let me board from Aer Lingus. As I had time I called there in the counter the call center which again said my flight was ok and I should be able to board with no further problems. But I did not board as they won’t let me.

I bought another company ticket and flight to Dublin in the same day. Filled the form to be refund in both cases. In the first one, the next day they confirmed the refund. I was waiting for the refund and the answer for the second one, when an email came that told me that the refund was not gonna be made because they reevaluate and it wasn’t fit. For the second one I didn’t have any answer. I probably will never flight in Aer Lingus again, as they charge for a service and then refuse to delivery. It was just damage enough without the money lost as I missed an important appointment, but now is financially as well as I bought last minute tickets and both were really expensive.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?

Original review: Feb. 12, 2019

While connecting in Dublin to our next flight the airline lost our luggage. The luggage was only found and delivered to our home address back in the US after our 2 weeks trip. For the whole duration of the trip I did not have my stuff. The airline offered 2 checks as a compensation, only 1 check for half the costs was delivered. The airline stopped responding to any further inquiries.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

Updated on 02/12/2019: It has now been eight days and Aer Lingus continues to give me the runaround about my baggage which they lost. Twice. Yes, you read that correctly. Twice. I was told by an Aer Lingus representative yesterday that my bag would be leaving Dublin on flight EI 109, and that it would arrive at JFK by 7:15 p.m. EST, and that it would then be shipped to me. I awoke this morning to no confirmation and so I called Aer Lingus "baggage claim services" to find out what was going on. I was told be a rep that flight EI 109 "never left Dublin and did not arrive at JFK." I called JFK, Dublin airport, AND checked both sites online, and the flight not only left Dublin but arrived at JFK early. I have all of this documented. I sent this to an Aer Lingus rep this morning and asked them why they outright lied to me about my bag? No answer.

This has been hands down the absolute worst customer service experience I have ever had with anyone. Not just an airline. It is the worst customer service experience with ANYONE. Ever. I believe they never found my bag or at this point might have simply stolen it. It's very upsetting as a customer to be treated in this way, and to confront a company with an outright lie that you have been told only to get no answers whatsoever and no help at all. DO NOT FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE. READ ALL OF THEIR NEGATIVE REVIEWS ONLINE.

Original Review: Truly Aer Lingus is the worst airline out there. Zero help for the last three days from their "customer service" team. Every time I reach out I am given the runaround by everyone who works for them. I have now spoken to TEN people about my missing baggage and not one of them has been able to help me or can give me any clue as to where it is. They have lost all of my work which cannot be replaced. I have filled out every form they asked me to fill out. Three times. Nothing.

I have submitted every "case form" for their "guest relations" forms three times and submitted those. Nothing. I have spoken to their rep on Facebook. Nothing. I have spoken to six people in their "baggage services". Nothing. I have spoken to them on Instagram. Nothing. And I am only one of countless people who have flown with Aer Lingus who have the same complaint that is never resolved.

I was told by a representative of Aer Lingus on their Facebook page today that my bag had a "missed connections" at Heathrow airport. When I asked how I could track my back since it "missed" a connection at Heathrow the representative asked me who had told me that the bag had missed a connection!!! I asked if they were actually joking because they had JUST told me that themselves. I had to copy and paste (!!!) the part of the conversation where they told me about the missed connection.

I told them that logic would dictate that if a bag had not made it onto a transfer flight there must have been a bag located and put onto a flight to begin with. NO ANSWER. I asked them how I could track my bag since they told me it was at Heathrow. No answer. I have called repeatedly. Emailed. Filled out forms. Multiple times. I have done everything possible to try and locate my lost baggage with ZERO help from this airline. They have lost all of my personal belongings, and worse, my work, which is priceless to me and irreplaceable.

I have now read countless reviews online where at least 50 or more people have the same experience as I have had, also with no resolution. This is hands down the absolute WORST airline I have EVER dealt with. I will NEVER fly on Aer Lingus again. DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS AIRLINE. THEY ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE!!! They do NOT care about their customers OR their belongings and take NO responsibility for losing people's personal property.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2019

I sent a simple question about our forthcoming flights to Toulouse, to their "guest services - we're here to help you!'' It was acknowledged, but despite several follow up emails they have simply ignored my request, in the hope that I would go away! It is now over 30 hours but I am not going anywhere, other than to visit their corporate offices if necessary. Their service levels are pathetic, and they wonder why they are losing market share to other airlines.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2018

I flew Aer Lingus from Boston to Manchester round trip. My return journey was a nightmare. The Manchester to Dublin connector was two hours delayed. By the time I got to Dublin I was told I could not board the flight to Boston because it was too late. The plane was still there. After that I was completely left to my own devices... no hotel voucher, no re-book, no information about luggage (where it was, the fact that it had to be taken off the plane with a 2 hour delay)! When I got to the airport the next morning I was told I would get reimbursed for the hotel cost without a problem. I submitted a form and was denied a refund. I have spent the last 2 hours trying to call Aer Lingus. All I get is a line that advertises one product after the next with no live person answering. This is the worst customer service ever. Please do not subject yourself to this experience. I will continue to seek a refund.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

Missed a connection and was not given a reason. Grounded in Dublin for 24 hours with no one to help at airport. Was sent to a hotel and right away I tries calling about issues with lack to help with wheelchair request and missed connection... spent 1.5 hours on the phone and got no help... was told supervisor Mel would call me back. This never happened. Tried calling today, cannot get a live person on the phone. Submitted a request online and was told I would hear back within SIXTY days! Wow! Worst airline customer service I have ever received. Save your time and money and do not fly with Aer Lingus.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

I was booked and confirmed on a flight from Edinburgh to Dublin at 11.45 am and they refused to allow me to board claiming I missed my flight and should have been on the 8.45 am flight. They had obviously overbooked all their flights (the steward even said that). I had the confirmed ticket and everything. As a result I missed my connecting flight back to Australia! No one assisted me at Aer Lingus or offered any support. I had to purchase another ticket back to Australia costing me 700 pounds! NEVER EVER GO ON THIS AIRLINE!

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

Aer Lingus canceled my flight (I am business class customer) and said there would be no compensation (eg no hotel coverage despite the fact they canceled the flight) and insultingly said they will accommodate me by changing the day of the flight! Of course you must do that! Appalling. I will start finding other carriers who are more respectful and responsible.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I booked my flight from the US into Scotland and out of England 8 months in advance. I recently received an email stating they changed my itinerary because they no longer serve the departing airport. The change has my flight into Dublin arriving at one time and my departing flight leaving exactly FIVE MINUTES later. They have practically guaranteed that I will miss my connecting flight and that my luggage will be sent to who knows where. They are completely refusing to change this without charging me $150 and even more so to issue me a full refund. How can they get away with making changes that make travel nearly impossible yet insist that I pay to fix what they have done?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

We arrived in SFO on flight 147 on 09/29/18 and realized that same day we had left a wallet with passport, drivers license, credit cards and $400.00 in cash in it on the floor of seat 22e. As soon as we realized what we'd done we tried every avenue available; we called security at SFO, the SFPD, baggage department, the lost and found at SFO and Dublin, we also filed a report with SFPD. We eventually called their NY number and that was a complete dead end. This airline does not care, nor did they have the process available to file a report. I'm sure some cleaner at SFO stole the money and threw out the rest.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2018

After a smooth, on time boarding the captain tells us we are being delayed because the flight had to wait for a crew from another flight. I had seen the crew going to the plane long before boarding started. We sat in the plane on the tarmac for over an hour and did not make up any time during the flight. We had a connecting flight out of Chicago and knew we would be running out of time to make it from terminal 5 to terminal 1, get our boarding passes, go through security and get to our gate in time. When we explained to one of the crew, he told us they had over 80 passengers making connecting flights and when we disembarked there would be Aer Lingus associates with our boarding passes and to help us get to our flights on time.

That was a total lie, there was no one there to help. The staff at the gate looked at us with blank stares when we asked for help. They pointed toward the general direction to get to the tram and said it would take only 4 minutes to get to the other terminal. We were on our own in a huge airport that we did not know. We are 64 and 65 years old and had to run from one thing to the next and barely made our flight. NO customer service. NO help. BUT why the lies? WHY tell us they had to wait for a crew, lie number 1. WHY tell us there would be help when there was not. Never again.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2018

Aer Lingus Vacation Store is operated by Global Consolidated Services USA Inc. Not Aer Lingus. We booked in May. We didn't hear anything until 14 days before our trip. They changed our hotels, booked us with another company. and and we ended up paying more than had we booked the tour and flights ourselves. Here's what I sent to the "support" email:

In May, we booked our second honeymoon with you. It was a bus tour in Scotland, with airfare. We didn't make this choice lightly, we looked at several other companies, but Aer Lingus had the combination of hotels and itinerary that we wanted. We paid in full. We didn't hear from you again, except when you asked us to give you more money for travel insurance.

After 4 months of no communication, it got close to our travel dates and we tried to put our personal data into the flight website. It failed, so I called once and hung up after waiting for a representative for more than 30 minutes. I called another time, and after 20 minutes was told we needed a ticket number instead of a booking number. Then my husband called three times stayed on hold for an average of 20 minutes each time, and was told we didn't have seats. Finally he paid a fee to get seats. That was three weeks before our vacation. Still nothing from you.

Two weeks before our vacation, on September 7th, you delivered our travel documents via a fuzzy PDF in email. At that time, we found out you didn't put us in the hotels that were advertised when we booked. In addition, we were not booked through Aer Lingus, but a lower priced tour company with lower priced hotels for the first three days of the tour.

Now that we are on the tour, I am very unhappy. Not only did we not get the hotels that were advertised when we paid up front, but we've been given rooms with twin beds. When I called the Aer Lingus support number, I got your third-party provider. After twenty minutes, she suggested that write this email. I've now been on hold for more than 60 minutes calling from a foreign country and she keeps trying to get me off the phone so I am someone else's problem, but you have NO customer service email and the only thing I can do is stay on the line until I get to speak to someone.

I don't know how to talk to an actual Aer Lingus employee who works in customer service. And apparently, neither does the third party provider you have staffing the phone lines or I wouldn't have had time to write this email while I've been on hold. She'd told me to talk to voice mail, to write an email, to do anything but make it her problem. That is your brand right now. The woman who keeps trying to get me off the phone. Assistance is not around the corner. I am not important to you. Someone from your staff will not be with me momentarily. This is not a one-time problem. This is a systemic problem and you are failing to meet my needs. Please respond to me ASAP.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2018

Please do not even think about using this airline! I am a handicap person, with limited walking ability. After waiting in line for over an hour with no help in sight at check in, I was told that she refused to order me a wheelchair! Not only did I pay over $4,000 to Fly my family, but also an extra $135 to have my husband’s guitar on the plane. Never has this happened before to us! Rude agents!! No help at all!! And I am sitting in the last row, handicapped to have to walk 36 rows to the door.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2018

I am writing you about a recent negative experience while traveling Aer Lingus. The misfortune was not caused by weather or mechanical difficulties. It was created solely by inefficiency, and exacerbated by further inefficiency and a pervasive, uncaring system. On September 7, 2018, 4 of us on Booking ID ** flew Aer Lingus 3672 direct non-stop from Shannon to Edinburgh. We checked in at 2 hours before departure.

Upon our arrival, 3 or our 6 bags, including our 2 golf bags, did not arrive. We notified Menzies, who handles your lost baggage, and gave him our address for the next 5 nights, in Dornoch, Scotland. The Menzies agent advised us there were no more flights from Shannon that day and gave us our Reference Number **. We immediately began monitoring the bag tracker website, and observed that at least 2 of the bags were in Dublin, and would arrive in Edinburgh that same night, September 7.

The next evening, September 8, we received our only call from Aer Lingus, advising us that our bags would (now) route from Dublin to London to Edinburgh, arriving at 2130. The bag tracker site verified this information for 2 of the bags, although one bag still showed it had arrived Shannon the previous night. The Aer Lingus representative informed us the bags would go out for delivery between 0700 and 0900 the next morning, September 9th. Hence, we now expected the bags that afternoon or evening.

A now 3rd Third Party, a “THS Couriers” informed, on their tracking site, that 2 of the bags had been received at the Edinburgh depot mid-day September 9th, and one bag had been received late morning. Later, when there had been no change in the baggage tracker site, I emailed THS Couriers. That evening I received a reply that since our location was over 80 miles from Edinburgh, our bags would go on an overnight service the following night, September 10, for delivery September 11th. This was totally unacceptable to us, as we had stated the Dornoch address upon arrival. We were being punished for someone else’s multiple mistakes, including not positioning the bags to a closer airport like Inverness. Incredibly there is no way to contact THS Couriers via voice. Their listed phone number is only a recording.

On September 10th, THS Couriers called us in response to our frantic email, and verified we would receive our bags the next day, sometime on September 11th. Later that day, when returning to cell phone range, I noticed a call had been missed. Attempting to return the call went to the same THS Couriers recording with no way to contact a representative. Within the hour I emailed THS enquiring why they had called. No one responded.

The next morning, I noticed the THS site still showed the same message from 3 days prior; ie, the bags were at the Edinburgh depot. I emailed again, and the response was that THS had tried to call us, but since we didn’t answer, the bags were not sent. I emailed back stating the exact time the previous day we had verified delivery via voice and the multiple emails sent. A THS agent called and told me that I had spoken to a different department at THS, and now the bags would not be sent till the next day, the day we were leaving from Inverness. Apparently THS doesn’t even communicate with themselves. In the end, we drove to the Inverness airport ourselves and picked up our three 6-day missing bags just before our flight. And the THS tracking site was never updated to show this in advance, causing further stress and confusion.

I do not want to be contacted. I am not asking for compensation, although there was monetary loss in the large rental van we never needed to use (no golf clubs or luggage); and loss of golf at the courses we had booked. We had one chance to play golf in Scotland, and this was it. I am too old to return. We spent a large part of our visit trying to contact, and contacting, Aer Lingus, Menzies, THS Couriers, Dalcross, and more.

The purpose of this is to inform you that I will use every social media site at my disposal to inform the general public of what an uncaring, inefficient, and possibly criminal airline Aer Lingus is. I add criminal, as I have reviewed several online complaints of people who have booked Aer Lingus flights, had the flight cancel, received no help from Aer Lingus, and incredibly, cannot get a refund, even months later. Thank you for your understanding as I feel I have an obligation to try to prevent others from something that should never have happened. This wasn’t weather. This wasn’t a mechanical malfunction. This is a company that fails to do the right thing.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

If you want to contact a "real" person in this airline, forget it!!! We have been trying to contact them since Sunday (1 Hr on hold). On Monday we called three times and each time we were on hold for over 30 mins. On Wednesday we are now up to 45 minutes. They won't allow seat selection on their website because the ticket was purchased through a travel agency. When contacted the travel agency, they report, the airline won't allow them to do that for us and we need to call the airline directly. Calling them to no avail and tired of their Irish tune while waiting!!!

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Flew from Dublin to Newark and they lost one of my two bags. There was also 30 other people whose bags were missing. After 24 hrs still no idea where my bag is nor do they seem to care. This company is the worst customer service I've ever dealt with. Do not book with this company.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

Aer Lingus agents in Dublin (those directing the queues and those at the check-in counter) totally ignored us and caused us to miss the check-in window by less than a minute, which cost me almost $1,000 (rebooking, hotels etc) - a nightmare!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

Stuck at the counter of Aer Lingus. Their disregard did sting us. Said it was their right to overbook the flight. So why couldn’t they just ring us? 3 kids in a hotel room alone since Aer Lingus won’t pick up a phone to let us know our flight’s a no go. Ah - but the hotel is in the profit zone. Aer Lingus’ empathy is non-existent. Though we tried to remain persistent they don’t really care. Want us out of their hair but the lines and callousness are consistent. 3 kids are having a meltdown because we can’t get out of town. Aer Lingus rhymes with "They stink us" says 9 year old Devin with a frown.

Obviously had a lot of time standing in lines to write this. When we told them we were shocked by how callous they were about the inconvenience after buying 6 full fare tickets months in advance, the staff member told us truthfully that bumping people is so mundane for them that they often become complacent, not realizing the hardship this is for a family. Airlines in the past have asked for volunteers - what happened to that practice? When I woke up my kids early in the morning to start a second day of travel, I reminded them that it was Aer Lingus' fault so they’ve lost some current as well as future customers - not that they care.

Original review: July 24, 2018

I was supposed to be refunded for a flight I purchase directly on Aer Lingus' website but was charged twice for the same booking. After spending over an hour and a half on hold between three calls made to Aer Lingus' customer service within a day, I was told conflicting things about how to receive refunds for the charges made on my account. A day and a half later and I'm still not fully refunded, plus I've wasted a good portion of my morning waiting on hold only to talk to impolite spokespeople from the airline.

Original review: July 18, 2018

June 20th I arrived in Paris and upon checking the carousel one of my bags was missing. I filed a claim to Aer Lingus, they called me on June 21st that my luggage arrived at the airport and that it would be delivered to my hotel. On the 24th I went to the airport and spoke with the lady at the counter and she told me my luggage was sent with Air-France and that they were waiting for it to be transferred. I returned to the U.S. on July 3rd and contacted them because my luggage still hadn't arrived. On July the 5th when nobody tried to contact me I called them and they told me that I needed to fill out another form and that they were not able to help me.

On Sunday July 15th after several calls they told me my luggage had arrived to Indianapolis airport and that they would deliver my luggage. The next day I called again after my luggage did not arrive. They told me it was at the airport, I went there and the lady at the desk told me that my luggage had not arrived. I called again on July 17th and they told me that my luggage was at the airport, told them it wasn't true because I went to the airport myself and the luggage was not there. 27 days have past and I still don't have my luggage. This airline has never taking me or my lost luggage seriously. I have always had to call them as they never tried to contact me. Every time I have called nobody is there to help me. I left a message and they never returned the call, worst experience with Aer Lingus.

Original review: July 16, 2018

Abandoned at Burgas airport on 26th June 2018 - Was due to travel back to Dublin on 26th at 9.25 p.m. Our flight was cancelled by Aer Lingus at 12 mid approx. We were told we would be given hotel accommodation but all we got was a sandwich. Since I got home on 27th June at 5p.m. I have been trying to contact Aer Lingus to claim compensation from my travel insurance but all I get is an acknowledgment that they will reply in 60 working days... When I query they say they will give an update very shortly. This has been going on for 19 days now. Is there any regulation in this country?

Original review: July 1, 2018

I booked a flight for my HONEYMOON back in December. When I went to go through my itinerary for my entire trip one last time my flight was CANCELED!!! I received no notice of this. I had already been charged and my fiancé and I spent over 10 HOURS on hold starting Friday afternoon and did not get in touch with someone until Sunday morning who said no one could help us over the phone it had to be done through email! At this point we were in a straight panic and had to rebook. So now we have paid TWICE for our honeymoon and frankly are too frustrated to even be excited about going anymore.

Still have not received any response from numerous emails sent and numerous claims submitted through their website. This is our first time to Europe and our first time flying with Aer Lingus so I booked directly with Aer Lingus thinking that would put in the most secure position for my honeymoon travel plans but now am starting all over and getting double charged!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I fly 3+ times a year internationally and this was my first time flying Aer Lingus. The transatlantic flight from Seattle to Dublin was delayed, awfully dirty and the seats wouldn't recline. The staff was impolite. The entertainment options were extremely limited and they did not have any working headphones. The domestic flight from Dublin to Birmingham was worse; it was delayed and the management was a mess. As I was getting through security, the airline updated the monitors that the flight had left, whereas they hadn't even started boarding. They also lost and damaged my luggage and were always inaccessible whenever I reached out. This flight was cheap and the food (on the transatlantic carrier only) was good but the pros are not worth the hassle. I would recommend finding a better airline. Their organization is a mess and they are unreliable. If you do decide to fly through them, get travel insurance and cover your bases.

Original review: May 28, 2018

I have now made two attempts in writing to Aer Lingus to get a refund on a cancelled flight in early March 2018. The first one I completed their online complaints form never even received an acknowledgment. The second time I sent a letter by recorded delivery on 1 May still no acknowledgment. It's a disgrace the way they treat customers.

I am fully entitled to a refund as my flight was cancelled due to snow and the closure of Dublin airport on Fri 2 March 2018 and they have stated on their website passengers wishing to rebook can do so free of charge. However there was a glitch on their website and passengers were charged for rebooking. I am seeking my refund of 150.09 Euro. To date no one has come back to me, their customer experience is a lot to be desired. I wouldn't attempt to call them as I have always found the staff unhelpful and sometimes rude. WAKE UP AER LINGUS AND START LISTENING TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!

Original review: May 13, 2018

If you find this before booking your trip, DO NOT BOOK ON AER LINGUS, they should be considered a SCAM. 7 attempts to call customer service to change a reservation all resulted in being hung up on! Since part of my flight was on United, I tried getting help through United. The United agent deserves a GOLD STAR for trying to help me. She called Aer Lingus and was HUNG UP ON EVEN BEFORE TALKING to an agent. If Aer Lingus reads this: YOU GUYS ARE AWFUL. Shut down and stop stealing consumers money!

Original review: April 10, 2018

Aer Lingus I found to be elusive, rude and without honor. Nearly impossible to find a telephone number that is capable of reaching a real person, excessive, in excess of 30 minute, time on hold and surly female agent trying to pass the buck to avoid saying they do not refund any cancellations. More to say but if you're on this site you've already experienced "Irish Hospitality" at its worst. Use 1 800 474-7424 or 1-800 223-6537 to reach what passes for life.

Aer Lingus Company Information