Aer Lingus

Aer Lingus Reviews

3.2/5 (617 ratings)

About Aer Lingus Reviews

Aer Lingus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?

Original review: Sept. 23, 2022

I'm very unsatisfied with Aer Lingus services. First of all, delay on the flight. Then my bag was missed. So far, I have not been contacted or at least apologized for the delay. Very terrible service for myself, first and last time to use their flight and I will never recommend it to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

Aer Lingus flight was due to depart Dublin at 9.45 am - at 2.36 pm passengers still waiting to board this flight and consecutive flights. NO announcements made. No staff to be seen. Aer Lingus need a lesson in Customer Service. APPALLING. NEVER USE THIS AIRLINE

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I will never ever travel Aer Lingus again, flew from Exter to Detroit via Dublin on Aer Lingus. We arrived minus bags - United Airlines dealt with the complaint very professionally and one bag turned up with a second bag not arriving. United could not get anything out of Aer Lingus. I understand bags get lost but Aer Lingus just answer their supposed US helpline and then just cut you off - there is no way of finding out what is going on. I been flying for 20 years on many airlines and never had such a problem - will never fly them again and make a point of letting other people know what a lousy airline they really are.

Original review: June 22, 2022

I mistakenly asked for a refund when I should have asked for a voucher. The request was made over 14 days before the flight, within the time where I was eligible for a voucher, and all they sent were the taxes. The refund email said to respond in email if I had an issue with this and I did. It has now been 2 months, 6+ hours of time spent on hold with a call center that stonewalls me with no resolution. They want me to wait for a response from a department they can't even get in touch with and that hasn't responded to any of the emails or complaint forms that I have been asked to fill out. The company has stolen over $500 from me for a 70th birthday trip that has been delayed since 2020 by Covid 19. I would highly recommend flying with another company.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I flew two weeks ago, and my bag never arrived. This has never happened to me with any other airline, and I have travelled with many from BA and Emirates to Ryanair (another Irish airline). And even though most of my belongings were in the bag because I was traveling for a university exchange, the worst part is the fact I have not heard back from the airline. Not once! I have emailed and they have not even acknowledged receipt. Myself, both my parents and several other relatives have been calling for the past two weeks, all going through the proper process and leaving voice mail and still nothing at all. This must have been one of the most distressing experiences of my life. Yes, my bags are insured, but because the airline refuses to respond or even acknowledge my countless, desperate attempts to reach out to them, the insurance company cannot do a thing.

It doesn't matter whether all my belongings in that bag costed $4000 or $40, the fact that the airline could be so inconsiderate, reckless, and honestly neglectful in their service is completely unacceptable. This shouldn't happen. Do bags get lost? Yes, mistakes are made. But that doesn't mean I should not be able to reach the airline for two weeks, especially after I was told my bags would be with me within 24 hours of logging them as missing. Having to put my entire family through this anxiety inducing experience honestly pains me. The service has been unacceptable and honestly a very nasty, traumatic experience to face, especially as a student.

Original review: June 12, 2022

Whenever you read negative reviews about Aer Lingus Airline, believe it. They are all true. They are liars and thieves about how you are refunded. Don’t be swayed by their lower-priced tickets. Don’t buy, don’t support this airline. Their customer service, if, and when they answer their phones, are the worst. Don’t believe their garbage on their website, they don’t stand by any of their policies.

Original review: May 6, 2022

We had booked flights to USA (Cost €1250) with Aer Lingus. Two of us were due to travel on 10th May and found out on 5th May that one of us had Covid. Tried calling their customer service. After 44 mins waiting for an 'Agent', a lady answered who literally had little to no English and could not communicate with us. I actually put the phone on speaker and 3 of us were listening intently but it was impossible to understand her. Not only was she impossible to understand but she did not have a clue. She kept telling me I could reschedule the flights online and despite pleading with her that this was NOT possible, she kept insisting. After a further 28 minutes (call lasted 72 minutes), the line 'conveniently' broke down.

I rang back and was answered by another Agent after holding for 26 minutes. The Agent was simply unhelpful and offensively impolite. Basically, he wanted us to pay another €1459 to reschedule, which would increase the cost of our flights to €2,709 (and yes it was all 'economy'). Needless to say we cancelled (no refund) and requested our taxes (€560) back.

The good news; we booked better flights with United for a total of €1300 and this price includes additional legroom which Aer Lingus did NOT. Do not fly with Aer Lingus. They are NOT the Irish National Airline and should not be allowed to advertise themselves as resembling anything Irish. Go Ryanair for Europe and use US airlines for North America. Shame on you Aer Lingus that fail to give respect your customers.

Original review: April 6, 2022

After reading some of these reviews I feel the need to share our experiences. When we made our original flight plans 2 years ago, before Covid, we had no trouble getting help from Customer Service to make our reservations for the six of us. No trouble when we changed our times 3xs because of Covid. When we finally were given the option to get voucher or cash back we choose cash refund and received that with 10 days. I personally have never been put on hold for more than 10 minutes any time we have called including recently when I called just to get info on future plans.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Everyone who believe in Human rights, self-respect and dignity should avoid this abomination of air travel. It is highly recommended to choose another Airline, to go by boat, car or just cancel your trip to Ireland to prevent unbearable disgusting and devaluating experiences that could poison precious holiday time. I would rather swim through the channel instead of gracing this poor Airline again that could not be much more far from any grace. Only alarming racism or a high level of stupidity and ignorance or even possibly a disturbing mixture of all of it could have made this happen.

Under the violation of European law me and my boyfriend were rejected at the check in at the Hamburg airport prior to our flight to Dublin that should have enabled us to enjoy a relaxing vacation after months of hard work under the restrictions and requirements of the COVID pandemic. Our consultation of the Irish embassy in Berlin that has confirmed the eligibility of the blue passport of my boyfriend to allow entering Ireland without a visa and European and Irish law were obviously not enough for this miniscule airline staff member, as he made this arbitrary decision to rudely reject my boyfriend's passport without any further explanation besides "due to visa regulations". The astonishing part was that he specifically asks for the family name of my boyfriend which indicated his middle East heritage right before we were denied to enter the plane. As we found out later it has been happened to many other customers before.

The service hotline was no help at all. Five hours in total including waiting time just concluded into another chance to fly to Ireland but several days later and at another airport. A refund of our money wasn't possible. We had to pay additional fees and had to fly from Frankfurt. More money for additional travels and hotels had to be spend. Because of my tumor disease I couldn't let go the chance to have this vacation as planned, since I can't be sure when to have this possibility again. The answers to two written claims I was advised to start are still pending. If we had waited for an answer we would have missed our vacation at all. Gladly the consul in Hamburg provided additional support.

Aer Lingus is a disgrace to the Irish country and doesn't reflect the beautiful acquaintances and experiences we have made there, yet it provides the first impressions a visitor and guest has to endure before entering this unique country. The logo of this airline shows a fresh clover that apparently stands for the luck that the company has with the abuse and exploitation of customers. May it rub and reveal the shamelessness of a company that should not be entrusted with the transport of sentient living beings.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Flew from United States to Dublin fine. Their customer service is the worst, usually 60+ minute wait each time you call, sometimes they pick up and disconnect right away, start process all over again. If you're lucky they pick up in 40 minutes. My wife and I booked business class seats for our flight back. While in Ireland we contracted Covid three days before our departure. Immediately called the airline to explain the situation how we couldn't leave on our original date, we simply wanted to change our departure date to a later date. After again a 60 min. wait on hold for customer service we were told that not only did we have to pay $500 each ticket to move our departure date, our business class seats were not refundable, transferable, or eligible for voucher.

Thousands of dollars straight to Aer Lingus without them showing any empathy, courtesy, or willing to help in any way. Simply "it's our policy" and if I wanted to speak to a supervisor one could get back to me "within 72 hours". During a global pandemic this airline is preying on people with no regard for their customers, just are completely fine stealing their money. So sick in another country, spending money on extended hotel stay, and losing thousands of dollars to Aer Lingus and they simply did nothing, nor cared. DO NOT book this airline or you will be sorry. I'm writing this review to try to save just one person from the pain, torment, anguish, sickness, and stress that my wife and I had to deal with all caused by Aer Lingus. Dealing with this airline or worse than having Covid itself. Repugnant airline and people.

Aer Lingus Company Information