Aer Lingus

Stars Rating

• 4%
  • 96%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?
    Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 29, 2024

Recently flew round trip to Ireland. The plane was so small, only suitable for short flights. Definitely not Trans Atlantic. It was completely crowded, staff were rude. Seats were so close together that it was almost impossible to get into the aisle to use the bathroom.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffReliability

Reviewed May 19, 2024

Terrible customer service. Unresponsive, slow. Long wait times on the customer service line. Unsympathetic and and in view an unprofessional approach from the customer service agent when I did connect. I tried the X (formerly Twitter) customer service as well. Very long wait. It indicated I was going to be connected to an agent, and no agent appeared. Pathetic.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Thanks for subscribing.

Customer ServiceStaff

Reviewed May 17, 2024

Absolutely zero customer support for US-based customers. Despite booking the flight through American Airlines, American Airlines apparently has zero way to communicate with Aer Lingus - can’t print boarding passes despite having an AA confirmation number, can’t change seats, and zero gate agents in the entire airport. Embarrassingly bad customer experience.

Customer Service

Reviewed May 4, 2024

Terrible customer service. We booked and paid for extra legroom more than 4 months in advance of our trip. The day of, I confirmed this with customer service. At the airport (ORD) we were told our seats were not available and were given middle seats in the back. Every flight for the month of May has been overbooked per the airport. It is impossible to get ahold of customer service to get refunds/compensation for the inconvenience. Consumer beware.

Coverage

Reviewed March 7, 2024

Stay away from this bogus airline. There is a reason for all the recent bad reviews. Tried to get a refund that was insured to find out they take out over 75 percent of fees including fuel surcharge. For a flight never taken, please explain this rip off. 982.00 ticket gets back 209..scam..out of business soon enough.

Staff

Reviewed Oct. 30, 2023

Our flight to Dublin was severely delayed due to a computer malfunction and the way home was canceled due to an engine issue. They clearly do not maintain their planes and are unsafe. We were sent to an alternate city and loaded onto buses without any other option. The staff did not care and we were told to deal with it. No upgrades, vouchers or compensation was offered - not even a free drink on board. The planes were dirty, with tiny seats, cold food and broken screens. Absolutely terrible airline.

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Oct. 17, 2023

Flight from Chicago to Dublin - perfectly fine. Coming back, at 12 am, flight at 10 am is canceled for some technical reason. I had to get back to work the next day and couldn't accept their next day flight so at 3 am in the morning I had to book another flight to get home for myself and Aunt. Paid $1663 to get home 5 hours later than expected due to this cancellation. I follow up with Aer Lingus for reimbursement of part of the round trip flight and they tell me because I booked with Expedia, that they can't talk to me because it was booked through a 3rd party.

Call Expedia - on hold forever there - they tell me that I have to talk to the airline. It's back and forth between the two of them, mind you I am still out $1663 for the new flight and I just want to recoup some of the money for this disaster but no resolution in sight at this time. How does an airline get away with this? Why isn't someone stepping in from consumer affairs and doing something about this? It is robbery in the sneakiest of terms. I will never fly Aer Lingus and I will never use Expedia.

Profile pic of the author.

Reviewed Oct. 13, 2023

I booked 3 months in advance, and paid more for windows seats. I was traveling from Chicago to Dublin and back with my family. They changed my seats going over but only pushed me back 3 rows, and took my window seats. Flying back they sent me from row 12 to 36. Said the plane had been switched. Which for a reason makes 100% no sense. So both times I paid for windows and lost them. Second time they pushed me to the back of the plane. The only thing they said was, "You can get a refund for the seat difference. Go to our website and fill out a form. We'll get back to you within a couple weeks."

Customer Service

Reviewed Sept. 11, 2023

I was travelling from Toronto to Dublin - Dublin to Bristol. I needed to come to a small airport like Bristol as my elderly parents live close and would be able to collect me. My flight from Toronto to Dublin was delayed for 3.5 hrs and my flight Dublin was cancelled to Bristol. I was rebooked from Bristol to Birmingham- not helpful. My luggage was lost for 3 days. I have asked about compensation and have heard nothing. Really hoping this is not so for return flight to Toronto.

Verified purchase
      Customer ServiceCoveragePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

Aer Lingus was almost 2 hours late into Heathrow which caused all 5 of my family members to miss our United Airlines connecting flight home. Our flight was 100 feet off the ground from landing at Heathrow and then suddenly took off and we circled for over an hour. We were already 30 minutes late taking off. The crew did nothing to help those with connecting flights get off the plane first. Aer Lingus customer service at the airport was going to rebook us and pay for the new flights but couldn't find any flights for 2 days. The service rep at the airport recommended we book our own flights if we could find any and send in for compensation so that's what we did. She implied we should get some kind of compensation for the flight, hotels and other expenses. We had to stay the night in Heathrow and booked our own flights out the next day.

When we submitted everything for compensation they denied everything. I tried 3 times to get them to cover at least a portion of our expenses but they did nothing. Also, you cannot talk to customer service, everything is thru email. I have had several flight disruptions over the years and have never had an airline not compensate us for something. This was the worse flight disruption I've ever experienced and cost us over $10,000 to get back home. Aer Lingus kept throwing some flight regulations at us on while they don't have to.

Aer Lingus Company Information