Aer Lingus

Aer Lingus Reviews

3.2/5 (611 ratings)

About Aer Lingus Reviews

Aer Lingus Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?

Original review: May 6, 2022

We had booked flights to USA (Cost €1250) with Aer Lingus. Two of us were due to travel on 10th May and found out on 5th May that one of us had Covid. Tried calling their customer service. After 44 mins waiting for an 'Agent', a lady answered who literally had little to no English and could not communicate with us. I actually put the phone on speaker and 3 of us were listening intently but it was impossible to understand her. Not only was she impossible to understand but she did not have a clue. She kept telling me I could reschedule the flights online and despite pleading with her that this was NOT possible, she kept insisting. After a further 28 minutes (call lasted 72 minutes), the line 'conveniently' broke down.

I rang back and was answered by another Agent after holding for 26 minutes. The Agent was simply unhelpful and offensively impolite. Basically, he wanted us to pay another €1459 to reschedule, which would increase the cost of our flights to €2,709 (and yes it was all 'economy'). Needless to say we cancelled (no refund) and requested our taxes (€560) back.

The good news; we booked better flights with United for a total of €1300 and this price includes additional legroom which Aer Lingus did NOT. Do not fly with Aer Lingus. They are NOT the Irish National Airline and should not be allowed to advertise themselves as resembling anything Irish. Go Ryanair for Europe and use US airlines for North America. Shame on you Aer Lingus that fail to give respect your customers.

Original review: April 6, 2022

After reading some of these reviews I feel the need to share our experiences. When we made our original flight plans 2 years ago, before Covid, we had no trouble getting help from Customer Service to make our reservations for the six of us. No trouble when we changed our times 3xs because of Covid. When we finally were given the option to get voucher or cash back we choose cash refund and received that with 10 days. I personally have never been put on hold for more than 10 minutes any time we have called including recently when I called just to get info on future plans.

Get buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 2, 2022

Everyone who believe in Human rights, self-respect and dignity should avoid this abomination of air travel. It is highly recommended to choose another Airline, to go by boat, car or just cancel your trip to Ireland to prevent unbearable disgusting and devaluating experiences that could poison precious holiday time. I would rather swim through the channel instead of gracing this poor Airline again that could not be much more far from any grace. Only alarming racism or a high level of stupidity and ignorance or even possibly a disturbing mixture of all of it could have made this happen.

Under the violation of European law me and my boyfriend were rejected at the check in at the Hamburg airport prior to our flight to Dublin that should have enabled us to enjoy a relaxing vacation after months of hard work under the restrictions and requirements of the COVID pandemic. Our consultation of the Irish embassy in Berlin that has confirmed the eligibility of the blue passport of my boyfriend to allow entering Ireland without a visa and European and Irish law were obviously not enough for this miniscule airline staff member, as he made this arbitrary decision to rudely reject my boyfriend's passport without any further explanation besides "due to visa regulations". The astonishing part was that he specifically asks for the family name of my boyfriend which indicated his middle East heritage right before we were denied to enter the plane. As we found out later it has been happened to many other customers before.

The service hotline was no help at all. Five hours in total including waiting time just concluded into another chance to fly to Ireland but several days later and at another airport. A refund of our money wasn't possible. We had to pay additional fees and had to fly from Frankfurt. More money for additional travels and hotels had to be spend. Because of my tumor disease I couldn't let go the chance to have this vacation as planned, since I can't be sure when to have this possibility again. The answers to two written claims I was advised to start are still pending. If we had waited for an answer we would have missed our vacation at all. Gladly the consul in Hamburg provided additional support.

Aer Lingus is a disgrace to the Irish country and doesn't reflect the beautiful acquaintances and experiences we have made there, yet it provides the first impressions a visitor and guest has to endure before entering this unique country. The logo of this airline shows a fresh clover that apparently stands for the luck that the company has with the abuse and exploitation of customers. May it rub and reveal the shamelessness of a company that should not be entrusted with the transport of sentient living beings.

Original review: March 28, 2022

Flew from United States to Dublin fine. Their customer service is the worst, usually 60+ minute wait each time you call, sometimes they pick up and disconnect right away, start process all over again. If you're lucky they pick up in 40 minutes. My wife and I booked business class seats for our flight back. While in Ireland we contracted Covid three days before our departure. Immediately called the airline to explain the situation how we couldn't leave on our original date, we simply wanted to change our departure date to a later date. After again a 60 min. wait on hold for customer service we were told that not only did we have to pay $500 each ticket to move our departure date, our business class seats were not refundable, transferable, or eligible for voucher.

Thousands of dollars straight to Aer Lingus without them showing any empathy, courtesy, or willing to help in any way. Simply "it's our policy" and if I wanted to speak to a supervisor one could get back to me "within 72 hours". During a global pandemic this airline is preying on people with no regard for their customers, just are completely fine stealing their money. So sick in another country, spending money on extended hotel stay, and losing thousands of dollars to Aer Lingus and they simply did nothing, nor cared. DO NOT book this airline or you will be sorry. I'm writing this review to try to save just one person from the pain, torment, anguish, sickness, and stress that my wife and I had to deal with all caused by Aer Lingus. Dealing with this airline or worse than having Covid itself. Repugnant airline and people.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

Second time my flight was canceled due to recent events. Ok, but why do still have the flight that was "canceled" on your website, several may I add. We received a voucher the first time. Received a voucher the second time , planned our vacation again and canceled our flight again with a voucher to use within 5 yrs, after realizing this is ** and a pattern as well. I requested refund and have yet to hear back from them. Trying to even get a hold of someone on the phone is ridiculous.

NEVER, EVER FLY WITH THIS COMPANY. I haven't even been able to step foot on one of their planes because of their constant cancelations. You're doing me a favor if this is the service I'm experiencing without even boarding then I definitely don't want to fly with Aer Lingus.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

I booked my flights home for Christmas four months in advance to minimise the costs. Aer Lingus have informed me that they have taken the liberty of changing the times of both flights by more than 12 hours. I can now no longer take one of the flights, as I had booked for 10pm because I have a job, and they moved the flight to 9am the same day. There were multiple other flights the same day they could have moved it to, that were closer in time to the original flight. Because of their seemingly random choice, my options were either rebooking onto another flight and paying the difference (around £300) or cancelling the original flight and rebooking onto another airline (£230). Surely if you cancel the original booking, the passenger should either have a choice of when to rebook, or you should move them to the nearest flight.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2021

This company has offered daily tickets to different destinations all over Europe at affordable prices during, and after, the COVID 19 pandemic restrictions. This would be great if it wasn't for what they were really doing. Their strategy was to cancel those flights right before the 14 days period that the EU 261/2001 law stipulates. In this way you couldn't start any legal action, because they had acted within the legal frame of action. They would, after, offer you 3 options: full refund, Flight reallocation or voucher from company.

I chose to get a full refund and, well, turns out that Aer Lingus Customer Services are one of the worst I have dealt with. I created an application form for the total refund of my flight tickets, which was never replied to. I have tried to call them several times with no answer. I have written several emails with no reply. And after all, they kept sending me emails reallocating my flight (the one that suppose to be cancelled for at least 14 days). Nonsense!

Nowadays I am still trying to get to them, but surprise surprise NO RESPONSE. For what I have read in all this reviews I am not alone in this one. And this seems to be the way they have been operating lately. That only demonstrate that this is a well built web sale strategy to make some money during the COVID pandemic, even when they knew it was impossible to fill and make happen all those flights. Disgusting behavior. Borderline criminal I would dare to say. I certainly will not fly with this airline ever again, I hope you don't too.

Original review: April 17, 2021

In March of 2020 I purchased flight to Ireland through a third party website which was my first mistake. They cancelled my flight due to coronavirus which I totally understand and issued me a credit for future flight to use by December 2021 with travel use by March of ‘22. I get it. However there is no change in the virus and who knows how safe travel work be. In March of last year I could have gone. This year has offered more challenges due to covid and work and I am unable to go on this trip. All of this has been explained to them however even though they have had my money for over a year they refuse to refund. Policy they say. How could you possibly have a policy for a pandemic!!! I didn’t cause this, I didn’t want this but somehow I am being penalized for not being able to travel by a refusal of a refund. What is the matter with this company. I don’t recommend ever using this company. Absolutely ridiculous and quite stupid.

Original review: April 6, 2021

They will not refund tickets, for any reason, even due to the Pandemic or flight reschedules on their end. Fraudulent and unethical business practice. They stole $609.21 from me. DO NOT FLY WITH THEM!

Original review: April 1, 2021

We found it to be a friendly airline with exceptional service and rates. On my return trip I had an infection in my back. They put me in a wheelchair and put me on the plane. They offered me warm blankets for my back. Upon arriving at SFO, they had wheelchair waiting and took me and our luggage to the Uber driver. I couldn't ask for more!

Aer Lingus Company Information