Aer Lingus
3.27/5

Looking for a travel site?

Aer Lingus Reviews

Looking for a travel site?

Aer Lingus Reviews

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

Luggage was lost for three days. When I received the suitcase it was destroyed. Wheels were broken off, one side of luggage was broken with a piece missing. Customer service was rude. I was told to get verification that is was not repairable as well as supply an original receipt for the luggage. You would have to be a magician to repair this and not sure who keeps receipt for 6 month old luggage. They make a claim impossible. They are the absolute worst airline I have ever flown.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

The good part about my Aer Lingus flight is that I found an airline that flies from BHX to USA (JFK), of course through Shannon (Ireland). When I landed in Shannon (transit) with the limited time I was there, I found the people to be very welcoming including the entry verification (immigration) desk, which is very unusual in most other countries. I liked everyone who seemed very helpful out of their way.

Not so good part: Aircrafts seemed very old with faded seats, seat back pockets coming off, which is strange for an international flight (SNN to JFK). Secondly, I saw other reviews on this blog and agree that some of the airline attendants seemed like they didn't want to be in that job and seemed just obligated with no demonstrable customer service. Of course one of the 4 seemed to be nice so I don't want to generalize. Either they are too short handed or it's just a coincidence for my only trip on Aer Lingus. I'm not sure if I will choose this airline but would love to go visit beautiful Ireland for a vacation especially for the people.

Get expert buying tips about Airlines delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Aer Lingus (AL) sold me domestic and international flights to go from Nashville to Shannon, IR and back. The US domestic travel was to be with Jet Blue. AL did not give me a seat assignment for the Jet Blue flight and when I called Jet Blue they told me there were not more seats in the class of service I bought via AL and I would have to pay more. When I contacted AL they told me that was something I would have to work out with Jet Blue. When I tried to cancel my domestic travel with Aer Lingus they told me it would require a $150 change fee (each way!). When I canceled my outbound Jet Blue flight (and paid the $150), I then received an updated receipt and discovered they charged me $150 and didn't refund any of the cost of the flight I canceled. So, they got $150 more from me for even less service which I find offensive at least and possibly criminal.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2019

Terrible! Absolutely terrible! Do not fly this airline. They're extremely rude, spoke down to both my wife and I, did nothing to fix the fact they were late upon arrival which made me miss my connection flight so I had to pay out of pocket crazy amount of money for a hotel and taxis. The manager at the Newark airport is an absolute ** and has no idea how to perform good guest experience. And all you get when you try to contact their customer is service is "we're very sorry." That does nothing for me and my scenario. Do yourself a favor and fly any other airline you can no matter how much more it costs, I promise you'll be better off. These guys are the absolute worst airline I've ever flown with.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

We flew back from LA to Dublin using Aer Lingus. All started well with nice staff and a better plane that what we flew out in. When we got to Dublin we had a connecting flight to Gatwick. My partner was asked to put her carry on bag in the hold due to lack of space in the overhead compartments. When we got to Gatwick and waited for our bags (approx 1 hour after my partners bag was put in the hold) they managed to lose this bag which had medication in it and they lost my suitcase.

My suitcase was checked in with my partners as LA airport. My suitcase had various presents in it and mementos we bought on holiday. The guy operating the luggage conveyor was helpful and got us in touch with a lost baggage operative who told us we would expect an email in the next 24 hours (which I have never received). The lost baggage operative also mentioned that this happens all of the time. (How hard can it be to put a bag in a plane hold and drop it off at the other end with the passengers?) My partners carry on bag was delivered the next day but my suitcase is still missing and Aer Lingus seem to give zero **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

Aer Lingus have lost my checked baggage and I can’t get an answer as to where it might be! I’m not hopeful I will have it returned. The website tracker doesn’t seem to have been updated at all and no one will answer me on Twitter or Facebook. How difficult can it be to find out where it was last scanned! I’m definitely not flying with them again!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2019

On a flight from Harford CT to Edinburgh, Scotland, with a short stopover in Dublin to change to a smaller plane, Aer Lingus removed several bags from the flight including own. At baggage claim in Edinburgh, four customers lost bags on this flight. At the claim office there, I was informed that this happens every day, has been home on for 3 years with Aer Lingus and is getting worse, furthermore that they don't scan their bags and can't locate them once in the Aer Lingus system. I called AL daily and was given false reassuring information aimed at stringing me along.

Eventually, 7 days later, my bags were delivered to my hotel in Edinburgh having been routed through London because every flight from Dublin to Edinburgh was overweight. Although AL has known about this problem for three years, their customer is never informed in advance that they run a fair chance of losing their bags for an extended time. As a final insult, AL delayed my connecting flight back to Dublin without explanation resulting in our missing our connection back to Harford and spending the night in the airport. I'll NEVER fly Aer Lingus again.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

Our flight to Dublin was cancelled several hours ahead of time. We were given a phone number to call which I did. It took a long time to get through but when I eventually did, the agent was actually very nice. She re-booked our flight on British Airways so we thought we were okay. However, when we tried to check in with British Airways we were told that we had been booked on an oversold flight and there was no room. We were told to go talk to Aer Lingus. When we got to the ticket counter we were told that nobody at the ticket counter was actually a ticket agent and they could not help us.

One employee did try to contact British Airways to sort things out but was not successful. We were told to call the same phone number that we had been given before. But we were also told that wait times on the phone were extremely long and that the flight to Dublin the next day was already booked. So basically we were told that we would not be getting to Dublin any time soon. We had only planned to stay in Dublin a few days on our way to Paris so our trip to Dublin did not happen. I am not upset with the Aer Lingus employees. I am upset that the airlines would not staff the ticket counter with actually ticket agents who could help us (and many others like us).

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

Aer Lingus is the worst airline I have ever used. No food or drink on the trip to Dublin and the cushion was coming off the seat on the way home from Dublin. The staff were extremely rude and did not give you the time of day. I tried contacted support and unclaimed baggage for lost headphones and I am still waiting for a call 3 days later. The flights and connecting flights to London were delayed. I will be going back to using Delta in the future!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

For Christmas our son purchased 5 tickets for a flight to Shannon Airport Ireland, our grandson suffers from anxiety. The day of the flight he had such a severe attack that he wouldn't get on the plane. We contacted the booking company and were informed that Aer Lingus wouldn't do anything to refund or voucher his tickets that the tickets that were purchased were unrefundable. With that we made arrangements to have him stay home. We were informed that we had to release his seat, which by the way was nowhere near any of us. We were scattered all over the plane. Both flights were fully booked and the only seat open going was his and the returning flight his seat was sold again to someone else.

This is double dipping not only did we pay $400.00 for that seat but someone else paid too. I have sent two letters to the corporate office and asked not for a refund of the $800+ ticket but a voucher for a future flight. We plan to return to Ireland in the future and would use the voucher to purchase tickets. I have yet to receive the courtesy of either a call, an email or a return letter from Aer Lingus. I will not be using this carrier in the future and would warn anyone thinking of flying to the UK to steer as far away from them as possible. Very disappointed in the service, or lack of from this carrier.

Aer Lingus Company Information