Aer Lingus

Stars Rating

• 3%
  • 97%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Aer Lingus?
    Customer ServiceCoveragePricePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed Aug. 25, 2023

Aer Lingus was almost 2 hours late into Heathrow which caused all 5 of my family members to miss our United Airlines connecting flight home. Our flight was 100 feet off the ground from landing at Heathrow and then suddenly took off and we circled for over an hour. We were already 30 minutes late taking off. The crew did nothing to help those with connecting flights get off the plane first. Aer Lingus customer service at the airport was going to rebook us and pay for the new flights but couldn't find any flights for 2 days. The service rep at the airport recommended we book our own flights if we could find any and send in for compensation so that's what we did. She implied we should get some kind of compensation for the flight, hotels and other expenses. We had to stay the night in Heathrow and booked our own flights out the next day.

When we submitted everything for compensation they denied everything. I tried 3 times to get them to cover at least a portion of our expenses but they did nothing. Also, you cannot talk to customer service, everything is thru email. I have had several flight disruptions over the years and have never had an airline not compensate us for something. This was the worse flight disruption I've ever experienced and cost us over $10,000 to get back home. Aer Lingus kept throwing some flight regulations at us on while they don't have to.

Punctuality & SpeedOnline & App

Reviewed July 28, 2023

The first problem was the fact that we could not select free seats on our return leg of our trip from Manchester to Washington DC. We had to wait until we checked in and were assigned random seats even though we were traveling with our kids. In addition, We almost missed our flight from Manchester to Washington DC (via Dublin) on July 25, 2023 because we had to wait 2+ hours in line just to check in. We were not able to check in online the day before because both their app and website were down. There was just 1 person at the Aer Lingus desk checking a long line of people in. We barely made our flight to Dublin. I will not recommend this airline.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed July 10, 2023

We arrived over 2 hours before our flight was to depart from Dublin to Philadelphia and checked with ticket assistance when we saw a line in ticketing that was very long. The ticketing assistant told us to get in line. No mention of 75 minute flight closing time or that we should go to a "special flight closing counter" if the 75 minutes was close to expiring before we got to ticketing counter. We get to ticketing counter and they tell us flight closed, too late. Then when we go back to ticketing assistance counter, they blame us for "not listening to the announcement" that the Philadelphia flight was closing.

We never heard such an announcement and asked the ticketing assistant why they did not tell us about all of this when we initially approached them and questioned them. They continued to blame us. Very poorly managed airline based on my experience, and the attitude of the employees who dealt with us was not a reflection of poor management. Do not fly Aer Lingus if you have a choice.

Reviewed July 5, 2023

My prescription eyeglasses (bifocals and farsighted) were thrown away by the stewardess on my flight from Orlando to Amsterdam with a overlay in Dublin for 5 hours. I didn’t sleep enough for 2 days because of the death of my baby sister. I flew for her funeral. While eating my lunch my eyeglasses most likely fell on the tray because I fell asleep. I had my hands on the tray and had no clue that I fell asleep. I was not finished with my food. Nobody woke me up. Nobody asked if I was finished eating or if I needed anything. My tray was cleaned up and it was not even time to make any landing either. I am close to 60, tired, and grieving the loss of my closed one. I kept looking on the floor, all around for my eyeglasses. The cabin manager helped look for it too. I offered to go find it in the trash but the crew manager mentioned about safety, hygienic reason that nobody was allowed to do that.

I was offered a free WiFi code to file a complaint with the Aviation’s department but with no luck. They referred me to contact Aer Lingus which I did since May 23rd. Meanwhile while waiting in Dublin for 5 hours I was told that they will clean up the aircraft and as soon they’ll find it they will contact me or it would be by the next counter where I was supposed to check in for my connecting flight. Nothing happened. I was never contacted or no apologies were extended to see how I survived without my eyeglasses. They knew I couldn’t read nearby it see far without it.

They never found my eyeglasses because it was thrown away. Simple as it is. Why would the cabin manager give me her name, etc.? Since May 23rd I’ve been shuffled with WhatsApp messages after my email about delayed response and that the specialist team will contact me. Every chat is the same thing and every chat I have to give them again my name, email, phone, case nr. But no results, no help at all. Even my luggage was busted by all 4 wheels. I will never fly with them. I’m still waiting for my reimbursement and they keep escalating this process like we customers have no value. Today is July 5th. Aer Lingus, take responsibility of your staff of that flight. Lying about something that you’re crew did is not ethical. God knows and sees it.

Reviewed June 27, 2023

The agents at the gate are incredibly hardworking. Aer Lingus has crooked overbooking policies. We booked our flight 7 months out and checked in 4 hours early. We were involuntarily denied boarding, causing us to lose 2 days of our vacation. They violated federal policy twice by not including a verbal or written reason as to why we were selected for IDB, and by not asking for volunteers to take a later flight in exchange for compensation. They have a 10 percent overbooking policy, one of the worst of any airline company!

We were thankfully refunded the maximum amount for our flights ($1350 each). However, one of the checks bounced, causing us to incur an additional fee from the bank. Customer service hung up on us after an entire hour on hold and then did not call back. We were last told to open a ticket for the bounced check. If not refunded in a timely manner we will be filing a civil lawsuit with the better business bureau. We will not be flying with Aer Lingus again and I strongly encourage anyone who is flying with them to get an understanding of FAA regulations.

Price

Reviewed June 2, 2023

Flew twice this month with them and never will again. Old dingy planes, charge for everything, even water, and they treat customers terribly. Our flight was so delayed we missed our connection, but they told us nothing during the delays, left us sitting for hours on the plane when it arrived, then did everything they could to avoid helping us after missing our connection. They then let us stand in line for two hours thinking we’d be booked into a hotel only to be given a blurry page outlining your rights and being told to figure things out ourselves. They don’t even tell you how to reclaim costs and do their best not to compensate you. Awful airline!

Customer ServicePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 1, 2023

Aer Lingus is terrible. They put us at the wrong gate flying through Heathrow in London. Missed our flight and had to wait about four hours for next flight then got into Chicago too late for last flight and had to spend the night. British Airways did pay for our motel. When we got to Memphis other members of our group had gotten in the day before and were already home so we had to get an Uber for about 100 miles home. When I submitted the bill plus a few dollars for food and miscellaneous to Aer Lingus they claimed they had no record of our ever being passengers.

At least three times I sent them information and copies of our confirmation and they kept saying we were not passengers. I guess the $180 or so they cheated me out of won't make or break me but it's the principle of the thing. I usually don't say I'll never do something but I will never fly Aer Lingus again. Awful and terrible customer service. If they are the only option I won't go. Recommend everyone avoid!!!

Reviewed April 27, 2023

I should have known what was in store for me when I called Aer Lingus and heard 3rd world music on hold. Not to waste everyone's time; after 6 calls and hours on the phone, I came away with two issues. One, Aer Lingus just does not care about their passages. Two if it were not for international safety regulations they would probably be flying very dangerous aircraft, because they would not spend money on maintenance. I am not looking forward to the flight.

Reviewed April 1, 2023

Flew from JFK/NYC to Italy, which required a layover in Ireland. Flight outbound from JFK to Ireland was nice, if you are located on the outside seats. The three hour flight from Ireland to Italy was on the dirtiest and oldest plane I have been in, in decades. No entertainment for the duration, cramped, and not even seat pockets in front of you, just a dirty old plane. They should be ashamed. On the way back, same thing. Dirty old plane to Ireland. From Ireland to JFK/NYC, we had the unfortunate ability to sit by the exit, restroom, and galley. Want people's backsides in your face for 6 hours? Sit there. Want to get no rest whatsoever because it seems the flight attendants make a sport of slamming things as hard as they can? Sit there. Want to smell them cooking, for no apparent reason, some sort of cabbage dish that smells so bad it makes you want to vomit? By all means, sit there.

Lastly, want to disembark quickly because you are right there when they open the doors? Nope, don't sit there. The rude flight attendant will, without even the curiosity of an explanation, just block you until all of business class empties out. Just stands in front of you and if you ask if they can move, they get snippy and say "no." I know it is a budget airline, but they could do very better and I strongly recommend trying another airline. Really.

Customer ServiceCoverageStaff

Reviewed March 10, 2023

1. We were scheduled to fly out on September 10th. Because of Aer Lingus’ issues with their “Systems” a "major break in connectivity" (just about every flight was cancelled that day!), we spent an entire day in Dublin Airport. We were told we would be flying out that day, so we should wait. We were loaded on the Plane only to be told to get off an HOUR PLUS on the plane. At that point there was no Aer Lingus people in the airport or on the phone (we remained on hold to the company for 2 hrs.+). We were told (by the crew) to just make our own reservations & we would be reimbursed, for our troubles (we were told “…you're on your own…”). We were not able to get a flight until Sept. 12th.

We were also told to get our own accommodations & it would be reimbursed. Because ~250K people were in town going to the Garth Brooks Concerts (yea GB?), all the previous cancellations & the lateness of the cancellation, there were very limited rooms available (the one we got was cancelled minutes before we booked it according to the hotel). We booked what we could. because of Aer Lingus’s System Issues, we spent over $4,000+ in excess of what we would have paid if Aer Lingus not had “System” Issues. We have gone back & forth with them. They reimbursed the Price of the Cancelled ticket (not the new one which was twice the price), then a nominal number of $969 to cover our expenses (not close), based on what I am told is some mathematical calculation from the Irish Government (GREAT!).

We had paid for an upgrade to Business Class as a gift to ourselves, they have not reimbursed it or even addressed it. HOW can you reimburse for a cancelled flight but NOT the upgrade on that flight, that YOU DIDN'T USE!! I will say this- NEVER FLY AER LINGUS! EVER! Go to Scotland instead! I have had 5 different interactions with them which, of course, you cannot actually talk to anyone, and they say, case closed. If anyone, knows anyone who can help or give direction please let me know! THANKS Peter

Staff

Reviewed March 2, 2023

We were detained in Paris on our flight to Dublin because an "engineer had to sign off" on the flight. That sign-off took 1.5 hours which caused us to miss our Dublin to LA flight. While Aer Lingus arranged for us to fly to NY on Aer Lingus and then LA via Jet Blue, our bags did not come with us which caused great problems as we needed them for our next destination.

The Aer Lingus website for us to report our need for immediate attention did not help as their requested 10-character routing number to locate our luggage did not exist on our Aer Lingus bag tags. Flight attendants in all 4 flights we had on Aer Lingus were not friendly or helpful (even though the Irish in general are reputed to be very friendly). In fact, they were the worst flight attendants I've encountered, particularly on the March 1st, 2023 4:20 PM flight from Dublin to NY. As of this writing, we still have not received our luggage which is very problematic. I would not recommend this airline to anyone. Although this is a minor issue, Aer Lingus even after with the 1.5 hour delay in the Paris-Dublin flight did not offer a free drink on that flight once airborne. This

Verified purchase
    Eric increased rating by 1 star.
    Customer ServiceStaff
    After a positive interaction with Aer Lingus, Eric increased their star rating.

Reviewed Jan. 14, 2023

Updated on 02/04/2023: It took almost a month and two tickets, 6 follow-on answers and request for status, and two phone calls, until I received today at least the reimbursement for taxi and bus after flight cancellation. Concerning the EUR 600 as compensation for the flight being cancelled. The first rejection indicated as reason "The flight was delayed because of de-icing of the plane, and this does not qualify for compensation"; incorrect; the flight was cancelled and not delayed.

The 2nd rejection included reference to the EU law enforcement body. Explicitly no reason given for the refusal. The third rejection gave as reason "extra-ordinary circumstances/foreign object damage". Sounds like another excuse, especially when reading that this is how airlines try to avoid the compensation payment and hope that their customer walks away. My son has submitted this case to an organization that follows up and collects the money. I presume they have access to the real cause and don't put up with this excuse crap. How does this fit with their lip service "We are very conscious of the importance of providing customers a reliable service"?

Original Review: Online check-in offered only payable seats, with no hint that a non-payable seat is available at check-in at the airport at time of flight. My inexperienced son thought he had to reserve a seat online, and paid the $50 (out of his $1000 monthly income). An experienced person who questions this would have forgone the online check-in, knowing that he had already paid for a ticket, and standing rooms don't yet exist in a plane. At flight time at the airport, we asked at for reimbursement of the $50 in exchange for any seat of Aer Lingus' choice. Rejected.

Flight was cancelled due to technical problem of the plane (happens). Staff was not sized to cope with the workload for re-booking, hotel, and other information for all the flight's passengers. Over one hour in the queue. Fortunately, a motivated and professional employee of Aer Lingus helped book a new flight (for next day), during exchange via Whatsapp.

The next day, at baggage drop, the lady at the counter tried to force my son to check-in one of his two hand-carried bags, at additional costs (despite him being officially granted two bags). Her statement: "not valid today", but not giving evidence. The solution: went to another counter, with a man having no issues with two hand-carried bags.

After the whole, I submitted a cost reimbursement for my son's taxi back home and bus to airport next day. And request for the justified $600 compensation for the flight being cancelled. The first reply from customer service: not eligible because flight was DELAYED, and delay not long enough for compensation. Of course, the flight was CANCELLED, and he had to wait 24h for the next plane. Compensation applies according to European Law.

I replied to this initial rejection. Now waiting. Altogether, way too much hassle. Service essentially unprofessional, and depends apparently on the mood of individuals at Aer Lingus. The only positive experience was the person on the other end of the Whatsapp-based exchange who was very efficient in finding a new flight for my son.

Reviewed Jan. 11, 2023

Our flight to Dublin from Toronto arrived over an hour late. We missed our bus reservations to Belfast and could not book new tickets nor could we get a refund from the bus company. We had to wait until over two hours for seats to become available with a different bus company. Aer Lingus staff advised how to get a refund for the new tickets and gave us the e mail address of Customer Service and the information they needed to cover the compensation they advised we were entitled to. Our request was sent in September 2022. No reply to date....of any kind from Aer Lingus.

Customer ServicePunctuality & SpeedStaffProcess

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2022

Be very careful when dealing with Aer Lingus over baggage claims. My wife and I each filled out missing baggage forms after our flight from SFO via Dublin to Edinburgh landed. I finally heard back from them and was given a baggage locator number. Thus began a 4+ month (and ongoing) journey to be properly compensated for our lost luggage. We were asked for a list of contents, then we were asked for the prices of the contents, then we were asked for receipts for all of the contents(!), and finally we were asked for bank statements(?). Each step took approximately two weeks before the next one arrived. Each time they asked us to continue supporting them.

They finally sent a check for SOME of our incidental charges, but then came the kicker. They agreed they owed us for the lost luggage and said they would send approx. $1250 (this plus the incidentals payment totaled what they said was their obligation per the Montreal Convention). What they did not recognized was that the Convention set that amount PER PERSON. When I complained, Aer Lingus said since we only had one claim report. It was only considered as a one person event. They knew all along it was two people and they started the entire process by combining our two initial reports into one reference number event.

Six different employees responded to me from the beginning — I have their names — and all of them knew they were dealing with two people, but none of them informed us of the potential problem. They were all complicit in trying to defraud us but I will not give up. Even if they paid us what they really owed (per the Convention) we would still be out about $3000. Two full suitcases and my recently purchased full set of golf clubs. Aer Lingus is deliberately slow. They try to wear you out by continually pushing things down the road — asking for just a piece of what they wanted at a time. Don't be fooled. This airline does not care about their customers. They do not deserve your business.

Punctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2022

Aer Lingus staff at Birmingham UK Airport put me on my delayed plane to Dublin knowing it was arriving late, thereby missing my connection to Seattle. Side note… passport control at Dublin airport closes at 1600. Birmingham staff knew I was flying to Seattle and therefore knew I’d be stranded overnight in Dublin.

I missed my connection, but that was really a moot point as even if I got there earlier, passport control shut and I could not make the connection anyway. there was not a single Aer Lingus personnel inside the airport willing to help. I had to go back out of the airport to the check-in desk to get ‘help’.

The helpdesk said I was to stop abusing them…. The abuse was me asking why they would put me on a plane knowing there would be no way I could get ANY connecting flight to ANYWHERE in America after 1600. I ended up further away 24 hours later than I had started 24 hours earlier.! I am allegedly booked on a plane that will get me in 24 hours later. We shall see.. AerLingus could not pay me to fly on their planes ever again. Absolutely hands down without any doubt the worst service I’ve ever received my life.

Reviewed Nov. 22, 2022

They sell a "get off the plane" first product, yet there is no priority boarding for this ticket. I spent an extra 25% to get these seats because I thought it would provide priority boarding in order to ensure I could get my carry-on bag on the plane. They board the planes first with business class, then with the rear 25 rows, and then its a free for all for the rest. No distinguishment between whether you paid for a premium seat or not! Very stressful.

The premium seat I had on the ride home had a metal box blocking half of the area under the seat in front, so I paid premium for a seat that I did not even have normal leg room under. Very upsetting. They are very inconsiderate after meals with picking up rubbish. I have flown other major airlines frequently to Europe who ensure there is plenty of attention to customers after meails, but on both flights to and from Europe they made us sit with our meal rubbish for an hour +, and did not even walk by to make sure they could help us be more comfortable and clear out the trash. It was awful.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2022

This airline is complete scam, the agents have no idea what they are talking about> Due to unforeseen family situation we had to change our flight to another destination. I have gotten so many different answers and finally the agent that made change my flight put last years date!! How could the system allow you to book a flight in the past, it has been 7 days that I'm waiting for supervisor to call me and nothing. They also charged us a lot more to make the new booking. What I see online is a lot cheaper but they said their prices in call center is high and of course I'm unable to make change online. The agents are so rude and I hate calling with them...I hope I never have to fly with them again.

PricePunctuality & SpeedStaff

Reviewed Nov. 11, 2022

We originally had flights booked for Nov 10th which we had booked well in advance and had made sure to select seats together due to it being a 9+ hour flight. The flight got cancelled and so we got moved to a different flight on Nov 12th. Aer Lingus is refusing to seat us together for the flight unless we pay for seat upgrades despite them A. Cancelling our original flight and B. The flight they moved us to being cheaper than our original flight. We have spoken to 5 separate support agents and nobody has helped us. We have been given a plethora of excuses with some of them actually contradicting each other.

The fact remains that the seating map clearly shows a lot of open seats and yet Aer Lingus flat out refuses to seat myself and my wife together for a 9+ hour flight after cancelling our original flight and moving us to another flight 48 hours later. We also have been offered no sort of compensation for the original flight being cancelled and our journey being delayed 48 hours.

Reviewed Sept. 29, 2022

Aer Lingus Disaster started on the 14 Aug traveling Manchester to LA via Dublin. All started 1 check out person on desk for 2 Ireland bound flights not ideal start. 90 mins wait then the incoming flight which was delayed for 2 hours giving us very little time to connect our trans Atlantic flight from Dublin. The cabin crew informed us that the flight to LA was aware of incoming flight delay from Manchester and they were going to wait once arrived and rushed through immigration. We got to the desk and the flight had left. We was then took to ticket office where we were told that we would be looked after, not the case when we got to the desk the lady said where have we been the plane wasn't late.

After looking at her computer she changed her attitude and apologized and gave us option to fly New York the day after and then a connecting flight to LA or fly that evening to Paris and a direct flight to LA the next morning which we chose. We were told we would be put in the Holiday Inn in Paris. We would be fed dinner and breakfast and all transfers. We were met by lady on arrival at Paris Charles D Gaul at 10pm from an agency called Alyzia who represents Aer Lingus. She walked us to transfer pick up and told we were going to stay at the Marriott. Her words were it's a better hotel so we waited and waited. No transport came. It was midnight where we decided to get taxi, pay for it ourselves, got overcharged 29 euros for 5/6 mins drive. On arrival at hotel we were told there was no booking in our name and could not do anything for us so we got another taxi to Holiday Express. Again 5 mins drive, 28 euros, more bad news. No named booking there.

They must have felt sorry for us. Made a phone call and found our booking at the Holiday Inn so we got a taxi again 5 mins drive 25 euros. I was too tired to argue. We got there 1:30 AM too late for food. Again wasn't arguing. Really tired. Just needed to sleep. We had to get up at 5 am to be at airport 5:30 am. So disappointing there was no breakfast because it was too early and no transport again it was too early so I paid for transport to airport 25 euros. Once we got to check in and flying with Air France things got a little better except fo no extra leg room I paid Aer Lingus. What an absolute nightmare. I am trying to contact them regarding compensation for their delayed flight again having problems contacting them. They keep telling me to phone back in a few days. I've rang them 4 times. Still no correspond from them. They are a joke. Never would I use them ever again never.

Reviewed Sept. 27, 2022

I highly suggest paying more for a better airline. My bags were delayed and have been out for delivery for days even though I have medication on in them and I’m checking out today there’s no sense of urgency and I can’t really get anybody to do anything because the call centers are in Asia. Although they have all been kind they really have no power and can only submit forms.

Reviewed Sept. 23, 2022

I'm very unsatisfied with Aer Lingus services. First of all, delay on the flight. Then my bag was missed. So far, I have not been contacted or at least apologized for the delay. Very terrible service for myself, first and last time to use their flight and I will never recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed Sept. 10, 2022

Aer Lingus flight was due to depart Dublin at 9.45 am - at 2.36 pm passengers still waiting to board this flight and consecutive flights. NO announcements made. No staff to be seen. Aer Lingus need a lesson in Customer Service. APPALLING. NEVER USE THIS AIRLINE

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2022

I will never ever travel Aer Lingus again, flew from Exter to Detroit via Dublin on Aer Lingus. We arrived minus bags - United Airlines dealt with the complaint very professionally and one bag turned up with a second bag not arriving. United could not get anything out of Aer Lingus. I understand bags get lost but Aer Lingus just answer their supposed US helpline and then just cut you off - there is no way of finding out what is going on. I been flying for 20 years on many airlines and never had such a problem - will never fly them again and make a point of letting other people know what a lousy airline they really are.

Reviewed June 22, 2022

I mistakenly asked for a refund when I should have asked for a voucher. The request was made over 14 days before the flight, within the time where I was eligible for a voucher, and all they sent were the taxes. The refund email said to respond in email if I had an issue with this and I did. It has now been 2 months, 6+ hours of time spent on hold with a call center that stonewalls me with no resolution. They want me to wait for a response from a department they can't even get in touch with and that hasn't responded to any of the emails or complaint forms that I have been asked to fill out. The company has stolen over $500 from me for a 70th birthday trip that has been delayed since 2020 by Covid 19. I would highly recommend flying with another company.

Customer ServiceCoveragePunctuality & Speed

Reviewed June 14, 2022

I flew two weeks ago, and my bag never arrived. This has never happened to me with any other airline, and I have travelled with many from BA and Emirates to Ryanair (another Irish airline). And even though most of my belongings were in the bag because I was traveling for a university exchange, the worst part is the fact I have not heard back from the airline. Not once! I have emailed and they have not even acknowledged receipt. Myself, both my parents and several other relatives have been calling for the past two weeks, all going through the proper process and leaving voice mail and still nothing at all. This must have been one of the most distressing experiences of my life. Yes, my bags are insured, but because the airline refuses to respond or even acknowledge my countless, desperate attempts to reach out to them, the insurance company cannot do a thing.

It doesn't matter whether all my belongings in that bag costed $4000 or $40, the fact that the airline could be so inconsiderate, reckless, and honestly neglectful in their service is completely unacceptable. This shouldn't happen. Do bags get lost? Yes, mistakes are made. But that doesn't mean I should not be able to reach the airline for two weeks, especially after I was told my bags would be with me within 24 hours of logging them as missing. Having to put my entire family through this anxiety inducing experience honestly pains me. The service has been unacceptable and honestly a very nasty, traumatic experience to face, especially as a student.

Customer ServiceOnline & App

Reviewed June 12, 2022

Whenever you read negative reviews about Aer Lingus Airline, believe it. They are all true. They are liars and thieves about how you are refunded. Don’t be swayed by their lower-priced tickets. Don’t buy, don’t support this airline. Their customer service, if, and when they answer their phones, are the worst. Don’t believe their garbage on their website, they don’t stand by any of their policies.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed May 6, 2022

We had booked flights to USA (Cost €1250) with Aer Lingus. Two of us were due to travel on 10th May and found out on 5th May that one of us had Covid. Tried calling their customer service. After 44 mins waiting for an 'Agent', a lady answered who literally had little to no English and could not communicate with us. I actually put the phone on speaker and 3 of us were listening intently but it was impossible to understand her. Not only was she impossible to understand but she did not have a clue. She kept telling me I could reschedule the flights online and despite pleading with her that this was NOT possible, she kept insisting. After a further 28 minutes (call lasted 72 minutes), the line 'conveniently' broke down.

I rang back and was answered by another Agent after holding for 26 minutes. The Agent was simply unhelpful and offensively impolite. Basically, he wanted us to pay another €1459 to reschedule, which would increase the cost of our flights to €2,709 (and yes it was all 'economy'). Needless to say we cancelled (no refund) and requested our taxes (€560) back.

The good news; we booked better flights with United for a total of €1300 and this price includes additional legroom which Aer Lingus did NOT. Do not fly with Aer Lingus. They are NOT the Irish National Airline and should not be allowed to advertise themselves as resembling anything Irish. Go Ryanair for Europe and use US airlines for North America. Shame on you Aer Lingus that fail to give respect your customers.

Reviewed April 6, 2022

After reading some of these reviews I feel the need to share our experiences. When we made our original flight plans 2 years ago, before Covid, we had no trouble getting help from Customer Service to make our reservations for the six of us. No trouble when we changed our times 3xs because of Covid. When we finally were given the option to get voucher or cash back we choose cash refund and received that with 10 days. I personally have never been put on hold for more than 10 minutes any time we have called including recently when I called just to get info on future plans.

Reviewed April 2, 2022

Everyone who believe in Human rights, self-respect and dignity should avoid this abomination of air travel. It is highly recommended to choose another Airline, to go by boat, car or just cancel your trip to Ireland to prevent unbearable disgusting and devaluating experiences that could poison precious holiday time. I would rather swim through the channel instead of gracing this poor Airline again that could not be much more far from any grace. Only alarming racism or a high level of stupidity and ignorance or even possibly a disturbing mixture of all of it could have made this happen.

Under the violation of European law me and my boyfriend were rejected at the check in at the Hamburg airport prior to our flight to Dublin that should have enabled us to enjoy a relaxing vacation after months of hard work under the restrictions and requirements of the COVID pandemic. Our consultation of the Irish embassy in Berlin that has confirmed the eligibility of the blue passport of my boyfriend to allow entering Ireland without a visa and European and Irish law were obviously not enough for this miniscule airline staff member, as he made this arbitrary decision to rudely reject my boyfriend's passport without any further explanation besides "due to visa regulations". The astonishing part was that he specifically asks for the family name of my boyfriend which indicated his middle East heritage right before we were denied to enter the plane. As we found out later it has been happened to many other customers before.

The service hotline was no help at all. Five hours in total including waiting time just concluded into another chance to fly to Ireland but several days later and at another airport. A refund of our money wasn't possible. We had to pay additional fees and had to fly from Frankfurt. More money for additional travels and hotels had to be spend. Because of my tumor disease I couldn't let go the chance to have this vacation as planned, since I can't be sure when to have this possibility again. The answers to two written claims I was advised to start are still pending. If we had waited for an answer we would have missed our vacation at all. Gladly the consul in Hamburg provided additional support.

Aer Lingus is a disgrace to the Irish country and doesn't reflect the beautiful acquaintances and experiences we have made there, yet it provides the first impressions a visitor and guest has to endure before entering this unique country. The logo of this airline shows a fresh clover that apparently stands for the luck that the company has with the abuse and exploitation of customers. May it rub and reveal the shamelessness of a company that should not be entrusted with the transport of sentient living beings.

Reviewed March 28, 2022

Flew from United States to Dublin fine. Their customer service is the worst, usually 60+ minute wait each time you call, sometimes they pick up and disconnect right away, start process all over again. If you're lucky they pick up in 40 minutes. My wife and I booked business class seats for our flight back. While in Ireland we contracted Covid three days before our departure. Immediately called the airline to explain the situation how we couldn't leave on our original date, we simply wanted to change our departure date to a later date. After again a 60 min. wait on hold for customer service we were told that not only did we have to pay $500 each ticket to move our departure date, our business class seats were not refundable, transferable, or eligible for voucher.

Thousands of dollars straight to Aer Lingus without them showing any empathy, courtesy, or willing to help in any way. Simply "it's our policy" and if I wanted to speak to a supervisor one could get back to me "within 72 hours". During a global pandemic this airline is preying on people with no regard for their customers, just are completely fine stealing their money. So sick in another country, spending money on extended hotel stay, and losing thousands of dollars to Aer Lingus and they simply did nothing, nor cared. DO NOT book this airline or you will be sorry. I'm writing this review to try to save just one person from the pain, torment, anguish, sickness, and stress that my wife and I had to deal with all caused by Aer Lingus. Dealing with this airline or worse than having Covid itself. Repugnant airline and people.

Aer Lingus Company Information