2.5/5 (258 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2021

Ordered a full set of wheels & tires. 8 months in a wheel cracked. Had it evaluated by a couple tire shops & some aerospace engineers who work for me. Crack started at a black mark (latent defect). No warranty coverage. Ordered replacement while on the phone with the “fitment specialist” & received the incorrect offset. I requested return & because I drove from the tire shop to my house so as to not pay for additional services. They’re not allowing return of the wrong unit (they shipped). Retired USAF Lt Col here…I strongly encourage you spend your money for wheels elsewhere. They don’t stand by them, then they can’t cure when there’s an issue.

Original review: July 21, 2021

Stay clear from Tire Rack. They are dishonest and don't honor their guarantees. You know, when you're looking for tires, and you're thinking, hey, you know what that "two-year road hazard included" sounds good. Guess what. TireRack doesn't honor it. Here's my story. Short story: DO NOT buy from TireRack. Stay away at all costs. Longer story: I bought 4 tires in 2019 for $1,069.88 from TireRack, then another 4 245/45R18 Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Run Flat MO Run Flats in 2021 for $1,125.18. All the time, I thought, "you know what? It's comforting to know that in case something happens to these tires, they're covered." Well, after running TireRack tires for 3-years, something did happen. One of the tires blew out while on the highway. Yes, I was safe. Yes, it wasn't cool.

About the time I was thinking bummer, I need to get new tires now, I thought, "Hey, wait, I had the "two-year road hazard included." So, awesome, I'll give TireRack a quick call and have a credit to buy new tires. Well, not so fast. I called TireRack. Apparently, they don't handle those claims. They contracted this out to **. Okay, no problem, find their website and submit the claim. I follow up. Nothing. I follow up again, nothing. Four months later, I get a cryptic reply that I need the TireRack receipt for the tires and the install receipt for the tires. I emailed ASAP Tire, who emailed me the invoice within minutes, which I forward to ** to complete my claim. Now they say they don't have enough paperwork. Hey, there is no more paperwork. First, 100% of this transaction was done through TireRack; second, I forward the paperwork 3x over 4 months.

Bottom line TireRack, hiding behind ** doesn't honor their "two-year road hazard included." If you care about your car and are familiar with running on tires you feel are protected, you won't find them at TireRack. Don't waste your time as I did, preserve your time and family's safety, and go with a company that cares about their customers and the safety of their customers—and that my friend isn't TireRack.

Original review: June 10, 2021

I bought 4 new tires from them. I had them on my car for 3 weeks. Then they had bulges in 3 of the tires. One popped. I had no choice to go somewhere to buy 4 new tires. I called them. Told them about it. Said they won't do anything about it because I didn't do a claim before buying new tires. I have to have a car to go to work but they didn't care. I wouldn't recommend them to anyone.

Original review: April 8, 2021

I have defective tires sent report from my dealership over 2 weeks ago after speaking with someone over the phone. Have called and emailed and have gotten NO response. This is very frustrating to say the least. With all their good reviews I did not expect this kind of treatment.

Original review: March 2, 2021

Avoid this company at all costs. First, they delivered the wrong wheels to me, then they claimed the wheels they picked back up the day after were damaged and didn't refund me. And then, they send the new ones to my personal address instead of my mechanic, even though I called twice to make sure they had the address of my mechanic. A complete waste of time and money... Avoid, avoid and avoid some more.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2021

This purchase (4 custom wheels) was my second from Tire Rack and they continue to deliver a quality customer experience and product. Website is informative, delivery (from their CT warehouse) was quick (just five days after I placed the order) and they even called (I believe from their IN location) to point out a potential problem/possible delay with some accessories I ordered. The shipped items were also double packed to prevent damage. Overall, a highly professional outfit.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

First time I purchased tires online, was apprehensive at first. Great selection at Tire Rack, good info and a breeze to make the purchase. Tires for my 2017 Silverado arrived at the selected installer within a day. That is where the issues started. It took a week to get an appointment at the Tire Kingdom in Englewood. FL. I was actually a little early for my scheduled appointment, service manager gave my key to a tech right away, no wait. I was surprised most of the time I was there the shop was a bit slow. Just not as slow as the service I got from Tire Kingdom. Almost made me think I was being punished for not buying the tires from them.

So replace 4 tires, tps service, balance and align took THREE AND A HALF HOURS! The only amount of time the truck was not in a bay was about 10 minutes to get in for alignment. That amount of time with an appointment and a slower time was brutal. So Tire Rack you did what you were supposed to do, fantastic. Tire Kingdom you really dropped the ball! Buy from Tire Rack, get installed somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I truly enjoyed the website they built for shopping for the rims I bought. It allowed me to see the rims on a virtual model of my vehicle which really helped me because I am a visual person, so seeing them on the vehicle helped me tremendously! In addition to inputting my year make and model the site gave me many options to choose from. The filter parameters allowed me to search the size, width, color etc... to find the ones I ultimately bought. Also, the price was very reasonable and in my budget. I shopped many other website for a rim that would fit for my vehicle and Tire Rack had the best price. I was going to go with the tires they selected but went with buying outside the site for tires and will do installation at my local place too. Luckily, the rims came very fast in the mail and they look fantastic! I am waiting for some other minor things to arrive in the mail before I mount balance and install but overall I am very happy.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I ordered wheels and tires mounted and balanced for my '99 Ford Ranger. The order shipped promptly and tracking was provided and shipping was acceptable. The product showed up in perfect condition. I bolted them on right away and am going to buy more tires this way in the future. That was my buying experience, my wheels are AWESOME the pictures were very accurate but they look way better on the truck! I purchased Black Hardline wheels with red accents and are a very cool wheel! I have always had great success with Michelin Defender tires and once again VERY satisfied as the tires were at pressure when I checked them and balance during break in period only got better. Like driving a new truck. Thanks Tire Rack!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

I've been ordering tires and wheels from Tire Rack for over 20 years. Every single time I've had a great experience and had the pleasure of chatting with several very courteous, knowledgeable staff along the way. I don't even bother to look elsewhere anymore. I HIGHLY recommend Tire Rack for all of your automotive needs!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2020

Been using Tire Rack for over ten years. Great rating system for tires. Easy to compare competing brands, and models. A side-by-side listing of all tires you choose to compare and many aspects of tire wear, and rating of traction in all weather conditions. Tires arrive within a day or two at the address of your choice.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

I have known about TireRack.com for many years, but never purchased prior to Dec 2020. I was in need of new tires for my Toyota Tundra, but due to COVID, it was difficult to find tires locally. I went to TireRack.com, purchased a set of tires on December 2nd, they arrived at the recommended installer on December 3rd and installed on December 4th. I also downloaded a coupon for a wheel alignment, which saved me an additional $30. I am sold on TireRack.com and they have become my GoTo for tires!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

Ordering online was easy. They had lots of options to choose from. I ended up making a mistake with the tire and wheel package and received a call within an hour after I ordered them to make corrections. Customer service was knowledgeable, friendly, and very helpful. 3 days later I received my order in the mail. 10/10 would recommend.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2020

I needed new tires for my 2016 Toyota 4Runner after needing to be fished out of a ditch after our first snow. Purchase through Tire Rack's website couldn't have been easier. I was able to search based on my vehicle and answer some questions for guidance on the correct size. I've driven past their facility in South Bend a couple of times, and did not know that they offered installation services as well. I decided to give that a try too. I was pleasantly surprised at the variety of installation dates and times, and especially liked that I could schedule it all online.

Once I arrived at the facility, I was able to locate the installation area quickly and easily due to great signage. I parked in a spot, called their service phone number (signs posted in the parking area), and spoke with a great guy who explained the process to me. Very easy - they text you your spot in line and then when they are ready for you. You'll pull into their service area into the bay number in the text. I was then met by a service technician who explained that it would probably take about an hour for installation, which is what I expected. I then waited and it took a little bit less than an hour. The technician also let me know that my tire pressure light had come on, which I knew, but thought it was a bad sensor. He let me know that there's a sensor also on my spare tire, which I had no idea. He was kind enough to put some air in that one too so the light went out.

This was my first time at Tire Rack and first time using any of their services. I have already recommended them to family members and will not hesitate to recommend them to anyone in the future. I had a great experience, the tires were reasonably priced, and so was installation. When needed in the future, I'll definitely be back!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I wanted Bridgestone tires for my Cadillac Escalade and I found them easily on this website. Ordered them at an excellent price, they were immediately shipped within an hour and delivered to the designated tire installer 2 days later. Great experience and will definitely order from this company again.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2020

I purchased tires for two vehicles in the past month. In both cases, TireRack's prices were over $200 lower than local, and with free shipping, I couldn’t beat the deal. In both cases the tires were shipped immediately and here in a couple of days. TireRack even called me on one set because I had ordered them one size larger than spec for my truck, and they wanted to be sure that was what I wanted. Great customer service, great value, great selection. Website provides a lot of information to compare and make the right choices. Thank you TireRack!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2020

I ordered my tires on Sat and the tires were here pretty darn quick. Michelin is my first choice. The ride on these tires are smooth as butter! My overall experience with Tire Rack was awesome. They reached out to make sure everything went well. And they had a sale so I’m receiving $120 back???? Thank you????

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

While the tire prices are good, do not purchase the warranty/road hazard. I bought a set of brand-name tires along with the warranty. One tire developed a bubble on the side of the tire. I took it to a shop that carried the same brand and was told I had to call Tire Rack. I did and was told I had to ship the tire back and if they agreed it was something covered under warranty, they would issue a refund. That means I needed to buy a new tire and then wait for Tire Rack to determine if it was defective of not. What I needed was it fixed or replaced, not having to ship it back and wait for a determination. We should be able to take a defective tire somewhere and have someone look at it and determine if it's defective or not and be able to take care of it then and there. What a waste of money.

Resolution response: Jan. 29, 2021

At first, getting ahold of the company was difficult. But I must be honest in my review, I did get ahold of them and they provided a solution. I had to find a local service provider to get the tires balanced, and they reimbursed the cost. While they did remedy the issue, there is still the fact that the tires were balanced very poorly before sending them to me, and there was the hassle factor. I did save money, but it was a slight hassle. Tire Rack gets credit for making it right.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2020

Selecting and ordering a tire/wheel package complete with mounting, balancing, and TPMS was easy. The problem is when something does not go right. I will only buy tires from a local dealer in the future. We have a shake shimmy in one of the wheels/tires. Getting it addressed is difficult. I need to find a shop and put out the expense to find the problem, then get it reimbursed up to a limit of $25.00. After that we’ll see if they need to be sent back or the problem is resolved. The bottom line is that had I bought local, I would have service and support. Saving a few dollars from an internet merchant is starting to look like a bad idea sometimes.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2020

Searching for tires for Mini Cooper. Found them here with very competitive pricing. The free shipping was amazing and fast! Even though the tires shipped from 2 locations customer service was helpful and my tires were delivered and installed on time.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

I’ve been. TireRack customer for years. And, I have always had a fantastic experience. Tires for my Maserati delivered the next day to my installer. Always great prices and complimentary road hazard insurance for purchases.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2020

Tacoma, WA (Nov 2020)(8 months into COVID-19). Needed tires for a CX-9 Signature size 20". After going to 3 local tire shops and prices being a bit high and after seeing the commercial I looked on Tire Rack and found a High Performance All Season TOYO with excellent wet performance $250 less than and other shop including professional installation. Shipping was fast and free and price was right. Very Happy Customer here.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2020

Picked the tires that rated best for my car, they were delivered within a few days to the garage I picked through the Tire Rack site. Everything went well, couldn't be happier with the web site and how it is structured.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2020

I was looking for tires for my truck but I did not want to get bombarded by salespeople telling me to buy this or that. I wanted to get opinons and ratings from real people who purchased tires and gave their rating based on their experience of the product once installed and the vendors website. First time I purchased from Tire Rack, got a decent price and the installation was perfect. So the experience from selecting, purchasing online then receiving the tires when they committed to me was on schedule. I used Tires Plus to do the install and I had an alignment at the same time I was there. This was easy, convenient, and stress free. So far so good, now let's wait and see how the tires perform over the next 6 months. So far so good!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I've used Tire Rack for several years now, I've NEVER had a bad experience or been disappointed with any set of tires I've received. The staff both on the phone and in chat are friendly and knowledgeable. If you need tires (I can't speak to the other products but I'm guessing it's similar) this is a great place to get them.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2020

I looked for the best performance tire for my X3 M40i BMW. I located a set of four Pzero Pirelli Pz4 tires. The delivery took one day and both the person who took the order and the person who delivered the tires were excellent. We were provided a list of installation professionals for installation purposes. We had the tires installed at local Big-O tire center and we are off and running.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2020

Super easy tire purchase. Definitely use it again. I live in a super remote area and we just got over a foot of snow, but the delivery was right on time. It was great to sift through all the different tires with all the different reviews of each.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

I’ve been using Tire Rack for years already. I’ve done it all from purchasing brakes/tires, returning items, and even submitting claims from their 3rd party road hazard protection. So far I’ve had a great experience with every single aspect.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2020

Searching for hard to find tires for my classic car. Found them here with very competitive pricing. The free shipping was amazing and super fast! Also, they can set you up with local businesses to have the tires installed. I recommend Tire Rack for your needs!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2020

I have dealt with Tire Rack for a number of years and on a number of vehicles. Both cars & trucks. Tire Rack has always given me pair prices, quality tires & rims and have always been there to help if I needed it. They have always had great choices and means to compare. Thanks for all the good work.

Byron