Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.75/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Tire Rack Reviews

Original review: July 12, 2019

My 2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus Shaker was due for its first set of replacement tires, so I bought from Tire Rack as I have many times in the past. I chose an installer from their list, Pep Boys. Had the tires installed Saturday morning, Saturday afternoon washed the car and saw deep gouges around the edge of all 4 rims. To make the story short, Tire Rack said to call Pep Boys. Pep Boys claims they use plastic tools and the damage must have happened someplace else. Again, this was the first time the tires have been off the rims. The damage is through the finish to the metal and looks terrible. Tire Rack’s no damage promise is a lie, and nobody will stand behind the false claim.

Original review: June 11, 2019

After buying tires for many cars for many years for myself and family I had the unpleasant experience or making a claim for road hazard. Bought new tire for three cars in the past year alone. However recently I bought tires for my Smart and in less than 300 miles had one hit a broken spring in the road middle of nowhere. Got a local garage to replace the damaged tire and I took photos of the damaged tire for claim. I was 100 miles away from home at that. Emailed a claim the next day and they insisted on having the damaged tire to verify. WHAT? Did I mention I was driving a Smart? Where am I supposed to put a damaged tire? After many back and forth emails they insist they cannot honor a claim even though they told me the photos did verify it was one of their tires and the numbers (dot) matched those sold. And a detailed photo of the damage... yet they still insist on having the tire!

So I call the garage that replaced the tire. They told me it was recycled that afternoon. I passed this into TIRE RACK CUSTOMER SERVICE... STILL DENIED!!

If they won't honor a claim on one tire, why should I trust them for the other three, my wife's car, my other car. My daughter's truck. Or my son's car!!! WTF... Their tire road hazard is a scam. Would I buy again after so many years? NOPE!

Original review: June 5, 2019

I purchased a full set of Goodyear Wrangler with kevlar. One tire ruptured on sidewall. They will not warranty this tire. Goodyear says claim is through Tire Rack and Tire Rack says manufacturer will not warranty sidewall rupture. This tire is supposed to be reinforced with Kevlar. No offroading was done and no curb was hit. It simply ruptured overnight. They claim it could have been ridden with low pressure. Not the case, my truck has tire sensors. And it's what I have in display. Well nothing I can do now. Just warn others of these companies' poor warranty.

Original review: May 9, 2019

Will NEVER buy from Tire Rack again. I had to return 2 tires that were never mounted. They would only accept one, claimed the other had "grease" on it. In good faith, I purchased the 2 replacement tires for these from them to show I was willing to do business with them, still never got my refund. Horrible place.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Twice I tried to order from this company and both times I was seriously let down and disappointed. The first time I ordered from them I was ordering 2 tires; Yokohama Avid Envigors was what I ordered (I picked them out based off my years of experience working on cars and I know from what I've seen if it's good for autocross it'll be great on the street and these tires don't disappoint). I placed the order online and was told they'd be at the shop in 3 days. Well day 2 comes and I get a weird email that didn't explain anything so I called them. After I gave the order number the first thing the guy told me is HE thought I was ordering the wrong tires for my car; and I should buy some basic butt Goodyear's and then tells me I ordered the wrong size; I should've gotten 17 inch size.

First off the 17 in size THEY wanted me to buy is incorrect; 17 was an optional size and the car is equipped with the original 16 inch from the factory by default (seriously look up tires for an 02 Bonneville) secondly who are you to tell me what kinda tires I should be running? I picked those Yokohama's because I need something that grips extra good in the wet; something your basic Goodyear isn't gonna compete with. But they did have the money on my card tied up for a week with the cancellation process.

So fast forward a year and I need brakes. I already had some StopTech (formerly power slot brand) slotted rotors and pads on the front and they've performed incredibly for 90k miles, and I wanted to get another set. Well Tire Rack made ordering easy; but that was it. I even placed my order over the phone with a live person; everything went smoothly; then 6 hours later I get some email from them asking for a wire transfer AND a money order like some African prince trying to cash a million dollar check scheme (Anyone remember the 90's?).

So I call my bank; they already gave them the money. So I call Tire Rack and ask WTF? They gave me a seriously BS line and the girl on the phone had the gall to say that "we can't verify your identity; so we took payment and are holding the payment and parts until we receive ANOTHER payment in the form of wire transfer, cash or money order." These people are seriously up to no good is the only logical explanation I can figure. So I've cancelled the order and am disputing the charges through my bank. Hopefully I get my money back in a week or two.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased 4 new tires online from Tire Rack during a Michelin rebate, and within the timeframe of the rebate being active. When I was placing my order their website stated the tires were in stock, which was part of the rebate requirement, but after placing my order the shipment was delayed for some reason, and then they told me I no longer qualified for the rebate because the tires were out of stock.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I purchased 4 Goodyear all season tires from Tire Rack. I would have bought them from Sam's Club, but with the offered rebate, it was a very good deal. That is, if I'd actually gotten my rebate. Neither Tire Rack or Goodyear credit has been helpful. I asked for help from Tire Rack and was told I needed to deal with Goodyear. I think that because the offer was from Tire Rack, that they should (at least) offer to help. I don't think I'll be getting my next set of tires from these folks. Better to deal with a local tire store. At least you can see the person you're talking with and maybe get some satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered tires from Tire Rack on Last Friday for delivery the following Tuesday per TR. It's now Monday 2/4 (a week later) and still no tires. UPS tracking states "Loaded on truck for delivery today" the last 3 days (Wed, Thurs, Friday and today). I call Tire Rack Customer service. They tell me "We shipped them, not our problem - Call UPS" Thanks a lot TR. So I call UPS and they say "It's been cold" That's all "It's been cold"! Really!!! It was cold Mon. and Tues. It's been 40+ since and 60 degrees today! I guess TR only delivers in July and August. Anyway still no tires and another "today" answer - yeah sure. To anyone watching I have done business with and highly recommend SIMPLE TIRE over Tire Rack. Very smooth transactions and FAST, FREE shipping AND actually provide what they promise - A very important thing when it comes to the car you rely on daily... you know, TO GET TO WORK and minor things like that!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased four Goodyear Duratrac tires on mounted on new rims for a 2011 Ram truck. In barely more than 2 years they developed cracks on the sides of the tires. One tire went flat while driving leaving me stranded. Initially, Tire Rack was very helpful in advising me to take pictures of the weather cracking. I removed the tire, had it inspected by several dealers, and took numerous pictures of the weather cracking of the sidewall near the tread where the tire failed.

After submitting the evidence the customer affairs representative informed me her team was sure it was due to an object in the road. Clearly, the tiny cracks along the sidewall were not caused by an external object. I am now being forced to litigate to recover my loss. A local attorney researching the matter informed me Goodyear changed their chemical mix a few years ago thus causing numerous early aging problems in high-altitude locations. Tire Rack is likely aware of the problem but instead relying on deception and bullying of customers to avoid liability.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

On October 31, 2018 I ordered (TR #**) a Bridgestone Tire and wheel package to be delivered to TR's recommended installer VIP Tire & Service in Windham ME. On Nov. 8th VIP installed the premounted wheels and tires. On leaving VIP there was a grinding noise coming from the left front tire. Returning to VIP they determined that one of the wheels was out of round and rubbing against the caliper. On calling TR they said they would have a replacement wheel delivered in 4 days. I couldn't go without the car for 4 days and I didn't want to remount my summer tires as I was going to VT that weekend where they had a foot of snow. I told TR I was going to take their snow tires off the wheels and remount them on my OEM wheels.

TR agreed and said they would send the paperwork to VIP to return the wheels and tire pressure sensors. VIP was excellent, they took the wheels off the car, removed the tires, remounted them on my OEM wheels, balanced the tires and reset the TPM's charging a very reasonable $80 (VIP reference #**). Since The Tire Rack said they would deliver the wheel package with tires mounted, balanced and with tire pressure monitors I assumed they would reimburse me for the $80. Not a chance, calls were referred to a supervisor who wasn't there but would call back and did not return the call. It won't happen again because I'll only do business with a local reputable tire dealer.

Tire Rack Company Information