2. Automotive

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Find my match

Tire Rack Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

First and foremost - this place is the WORST. I went online to purchase a tire thinking I could save money but I ended up LOSING money. The rep had me purchase the wrong tire after I told him all the information I had on my car. They ship the tire to the retailer and now that I need to return it I have to pay for the freight fees. WHY AM I PAYING IF THEY HAD ME BUY AND SHIP THE WRONG TIRE?! Do not go here. If you think you're saving money, think again.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I ordered tires to a Firestone but discovered they didn’t match the ones in the back. Out of necessity I had to buy more expensive tires from Firestone and Tire Rack is making me pay $60 for return shipping and charging me extra because I had to disband the tires to get them to fit in my car.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I order the tires. They were wrong size. I called Tire Rack and ask how to return. The first answer was I have to order a new set of other tire in order to return original order back. I never ever heard of any company making you buy more product in order to get return. Very unprofessional. The second answer was just send it back on your own expense which is what I did. Now tires stuck in the custom because it needs proper paperwork from tire rack which tire rack not on the rush to provide.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

DO NOT buy from this company. They do not honor their warranties. In addition their customer service representatives are rude, unhelpful and do not follow through on their commitments. Essentially they just transfer you around the company with no one attempting to help until you finally just give up. I've spent hours trying to get my warranty resolved and it was a complete waste of time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

Ordered tires, was emailed a invoice stating all tires shipped, but in actuality...only two tries were shipped, i.e. without any notice of delay. Expecting all tires to arrive on time, made an install appointment, but to my surprise, only two tires arrived. Called TR customer service, had to wait all day for an answer, and finally without any apologies was told the tires did not get shipped. This is the definition of poor customer service. Apparently, TR hires a bunch of employees that could care less. Although TR prices are a little less than others, I'd rather pay a little more to be treated with respect. TR is not worth the hassle.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Sadly my experience with Tire Rack went south rather quickly when I got a piece of metal stuck in my tire. BEWARE of the “free” road hazard warranty they offer. There is a reason it is free. I was told by Firestone, the recommended installer that my tire was not repairable so I called Tire Rack. Imagine my surprise when I was told I would have to purchase another tire and get reimbursed. A local tire shop would have just replaced it, boom, done. Imagine my further surprise when I was told that my tire was out of season and I would have to go search for one myself, buy it, then get reimbursed the amount I paid at Tire Rack regardless of what the tire cost me. Imagine my further surprise when I couldn’t find a tire and was offered NO solution by Tire Rack. Bottom line, the little savings you get from buying from Tire Rack IS NOT WORTH IT. Go to your local tire store and save yourself a HUGE HEADACHE.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Ordered Michelin tires on Dec 6. Supposedly shipped on Dec 9 for promised delivery by Dec 10. Tires were shipped by OnTrac. Delivery date was continually moved back as time progressed throughout the month of Dec. OnTrac showed tires arrived in the delivery city twice, but for some reason were sent back to "corporate" both times. I never received tires; asked for and finally received refund from PayPal after 20 days. TireRack never responded to me or PayPal. I was put on hold up to 30 min several times at TireRack, and OnTrac never answered emails + their phone number was inoperative. This order was a nightmare from start to finish. Shame on TireRack for their dismal service and rudeness. Never again! At least I finally got my money refunded---but it took a long time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Hi, I'm a manager at a Big O Tires in Tucson Arizona. I ordered 4 wheels XD to be exact from Tire Rack. When I made the order I specifically told them I wanted chrome. Wheels get here. They were chrome and black. Obviously we had to unbox one wheel to find that out. When I called them back they said they would send me a call tag to pick them up. That no freight would be charged. Their mistake. Ok. Rims were picked up. We boxed up the one we opened. Everything was fine.

A week goes by we don't hear from them. I have my assistant call them to find out where our credit was go to find out they charged me freight and for the wheel we opened that never came out of the box. The original bill was 1,100.00. Our credit was 570.00 and we never heard from them or nothing. No pictures no proof it was damaged so if we wouldn't have called we would have never heard from them. This is not good customer service at all. It's bad business so customer beware. Don't get ripped off like we did. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I will never buy tires from this company again. The warranty and road Hazard warranty is a joke. Why buy tires that you have to buy more tires to replace bad tires that have to be sent back and half to wait for them to give you your money back for the other tires that are bad. The warranty is a joke. Beware do not buy tires with your hard earned money from this company!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Worst tire buying experience ever! I bought a set of four winter tires on 11/08/19 that were “available” when I added them to my cart, I purchased within 10 minutes and noticed the availability had changed to the 16th. I was okay with that as I figured someone else had made their purchase before I completed mine so I waited until the 16th just to the date was pushed back again to the 22nd. I sent customer service a message trying to find out why and was told the manufacturer was about a week behind. I decided I could wait until the 22nd since the weather wasn’t bad but once again when I checked back the date had changed to the 28th. I finally received my tires on 12/03/19 just to find out that the tires they sent are a bad fit for my car even though they recommended the size and guaranteed a good fit.

I do not recommend buying through this company, they sell products they don’t actually have, their tire buying guide and recommendations are very inaccurate. I just wish I had looked at their reviews before I bought through them, very few good reviews and thousands of bad reviews with mostly the same issues, defective products, wrong products recommended or sent and slow, lost or no shipping. I would have left zero or negative stars if allowed. Terrible company that should be put out of business.

Tire Rack Company Information