Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
  2. Automotive
  3. Tires

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.59/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

Tire Rack Reviews

Original review: Jan. 14, 2020

Sadly my experience with Tire Rack went south rather quickly when I got a piece of metal stuck in my tire. BEWARE of the “free” road hazard warranty they offer. There is a reason it is free. I was told by Firestone, the recommended installer that my tire was not repairable so I called Tire Rack. Imagine my surprise when I was told I would have to purchase another tire and get reimbursed. A local tire shop would have just replaced it, boom, done. Imagine my further surprise when I was told that my tire was out of season and I would have to go search for one myself, buy it, then get reimbursed the amount I paid at Tire Rack regardless of what the tire cost me. Imagine my further surprise when I couldn’t find a tire and was offered NO solution by Tire Rack. Bottom line, the little savings you get from buying from Tire Rack IS NOT WORTH IT. Go to your local tire store and save yourself a HUGE HEADACHE.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2020

Ordered Michelin tires on Dec 6. Supposedly shipped on Dec 9 for promised delivery by Dec 10. Tires were shipped by OnTrac. Delivery date was continually moved back as time progressed throughout the month of Dec. OnTrac showed tires arrived in the delivery city twice, but for some reason were sent back to "corporate" both times. I never received tires; asked for and finally received refund from PayPal after 20 days. TireRack never responded to me or PayPal. I was put on hold up to 30 min several times at TireRack, and OnTrac never answered emails + their phone number was inoperative. This order was a nightmare from start to finish. Shame on TireRack for their dismal service and rudeness. Never again! At least I finally got my money refunded---but it took a long time.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

Hi, I'm a manager at a Big O Tires in Tucson Arizona. I ordered 4 wheels XD to be exact from Tire Rack. When I made the order I specifically told them I wanted chrome. Wheels get here. They were chrome and black. Obviously we had to unbox one wheel to find that out. When I called them back they said they would send me a call tag to pick them up. That no freight would be charged. Their mistake. Ok. Rims were picked up. We boxed up the one we opened. Everything was fine.

A week goes by we don't hear from them. I have my assistant call them to find out where our credit was go to find out they charged me freight and for the wheel we opened that never came out of the box. The original bill was 1,100.00. Our credit was 570.00 and we never heard from them or nothing. No pictures no proof it was damaged so if we wouldn't have called we would have never heard from them. This is not good customer service at all. It's bad business so customer beware. Don't get ripped off like we did. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2019

I will never buy tires from this company again. The warranty and road Hazard warranty is a joke. Why buy tires that you have to buy more tires to replace bad tires that have to be sent back and half to wait for them to give you your money back for the other tires that are bad. The warranty is a joke. Beware do not buy tires with your hard earned money from this company!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

Worst tire buying experience ever! I bought a set of four winter tires on 11/08/19 that were “available” when I added them to my cart, I purchased within 10 minutes and noticed the availability had changed to the 16th. I was okay with that as I figured someone else had made their purchase before I completed mine so I waited until the 16th just to the date was pushed back again to the 22nd. I sent customer service a message trying to find out why and was told the manufacturer was about a week behind. I decided I could wait until the 22nd since the weather wasn’t bad but once again when I checked back the date had changed to the 28th. I finally received my tires on 12/03/19 just to find out that the tires they sent are a bad fit for my car even though they recommended the size and guaranteed a good fit.

I do not recommend buying through this company, they sell products they don’t actually have, their tire buying guide and recommendations are very inaccurate. I just wish I had looked at their reviews before I bought through them, very few good reviews and thousands of bad reviews with mostly the same issues, defective products, wrong products recommended or sent and slow, lost or no shipping. I would have left zero or negative stars if allowed. Terrible company that should be put out of business.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Dec. 7, 2019

I purchased a tire on December 2nd. That is after buying at least eleven other tires this year alone. Delivery address is 2 hours away from tire rack warehouse. It's December 6, 2019 still calling Tire Rack 3 and 4 times a day being placed on hold for 20 minutes at a time. Told three times to drive to a UPS facility to pick up the tire. UPS continually states it is a sorting facility. No one at Tire Rack cares, and continues to make the same statement. Now UPS says the tire is lost. Told by UPS to "Make a claim".

This is not my problem, it's Tire Racks problem. Return money from lost order and resend the tire overnight!! Their phone prompt tells you they will be recording you in order to provide you EXCELLENT service. I work with one of the largest retailers in the country everyday. We do not treat customers so poorly and say we are offering excellent service. Shameful at best. Buy your tires locally. They are not necessarily cheaper at Tire Rack anyway. Also, you can drive your car much sooner than I apparently can. Imagine a flat tire putting your car out of commission for a week or more!! Who knows how long? SHAMEFUL MANAGEMENT.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Unfortunately had a bad experience with these guys recently. Ordered four tires and was promised next day delivery, which was important since my vehicle was up on the rack at my mechanic's shop. Tires did not get shipped until a day later, causing me to need to make arrangements for another vehicle due to a road trip. While they admitted it was their error, they gave me a $25 gift certificate. Parked in comparison to the hassle crested and couldn’t offer me a real credit which would have been more appropriate given the circumstances. Will never order again with these guys.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2019

The tires and wheels were good. The wheels were on backorder for weeks, but finally arrived. At the same time, I purchased four sensors to replace the ones I had that were old, but working fine. At their recommendation. After a week, the sensors were throwing a code. My car doesn't have any diagnostics for sensors, just that they were throwing a warning and the tire pressure was fine. I called and the representative said it was my mistake because I didn't program them. No, it was a defective sensor. I gave up trying to get anywhere with them, they were rude and condescending over a 38.00 sensor. (That was defective.)

So, the only place I can get tires for my model vehicle is Tire Rack or Mercedes. So I ordered tires from them. At that time, I mentioned the problem with the sensor again. A young lady there told me to purchase 2 more and while they were putting the tires on, they can check the sensors and replace the defective one (or two). Then, I could return them and get full credit. OK, so the mechanic replaced the defective one and gave the good one and the defective one back. I paid 93.28 for them, and when Tire rack received them they credited me 76.00. When I called the inquire, they said that I was credited the original price, not the price of the new order in that the price went up. I argued that point for obvious reasons, and after again accusing me of not programming them correctly (which is a poor excuse for a defective tire stem) she finally agreed to credit me the difference.

I generally don't take time out to rate even bad service, but this experience was absolutely ridiculous rip off over a few bucks. For me though, it was the principle. Poor poor customer service given to someone who was a returning customer. There is NO excuse for it. Ridiculous. If you can purchase somewhere other than tirerack.com. I would recommend you do. God help me if I have to have warranty work on my wheels or tires.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2019

If you do not really know your way around tire sizing, do not use these people. I ordered tires according to their online sizing program, which gave me "options". They were not clear at all that the options were for different Wheel sizes. When I took my truck into the installer, they told me the wrong size had been sent by Tire Rack and we sent the tires back. I could not wait another week to buy another set of properly sized tires from tire rack and I had the installer put tires on from their own stock. I was charged to 211 dollars return fee by tire rack. For the pleasure of wasting time.

If you do not understand tire sizing very well, go to a tire store and have them tell you what size tires you can order. Do not try to do this online with the tire rack tools unless you know what you are doing. They will blame it on the customer entirely if you blow it, their customer service handled my call in a way that made it very clear are not in the game to gain loyal return customers, it was "sorry bud, nothing we can (meaning 'will') do about it".

Original review: Nov. 15, 2019

Purchase of 4 new winter tires and rims started off fine. I let their system chose a package of wheels and rims for me. Had to add tire pressure sensors for an additional $120. The sensors do not work. Per customer service, a $300 tool is required to make them work. Company will not refund cost of sensors. Now have to drive around all winter with the low pressure light on and the Infotainment system stopping every 20 minutes to alert me the sensors do not work. Incredibly rude customer service.

Tire Rack Company Information