Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty
1.65/5

Get peace of mind

Find comfort knowing your vehicle is covered with an extended warranty.

Extend my warranty

133 Tire Rack Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 1, 2019

Twice I tried to order from this company and both times I was seriously let down and disappointed. The first time I ordered from them I was ordering 2 tires; Yokohama Avid Envigors was what I ordered (I picked them out based off my years of experience working on cars and I know from what I've seen if it's good for autocross it'll be great on the street and these tires don't disappoint). I placed the order online and was told they'd be at the shop in 3 days. Well day 2 comes and I get a weird email that didn't explain anything so I called them. After I gave the order number the first thing the guy told me is HE thought I was ordering the wrong tires for my car; and I should buy some basic butt Goodyear's and then tells me I ordered the wrong size; I should've gotten 17 inch size.

First off the 17 in size THEY wanted me to buy is incorrect; 17 was an optional size and the car is equipped with the original 16 inch from the factory by default (seriously look up tires for an 02 Bonneville) secondly who are you to tell me what kinda tires I should be running? I picked those Yokohama's because I need something that grips extra good in the wet; something your basic Goodyear isn't gonna compete with. But they did have the money on my card tied up for a week with the cancellation process.

So fast forward a year and I need brakes. I already had some StopTech (formerly power slot brand) slotted rotors and pads on the front and they've performed incredibly for 90k miles, and I wanted to get another set. Well Tire Rack made ordering easy; but that was it. I even placed my order over the phone with a live person; everything went smoothly; then 6 hours later I get some email from them asking for a wire transfer AND a money order like some African prince trying to cash a million dollar check scheme (Anyone remember the 90's?).

So I call my bank; they already gave them the money. So I call Tire Rack and ask WTF? They gave me a seriously BS line and the girl on the phone had the gall to say that "we can't verify your identity; so we took payment and are holding the payment and parts until we receive ANOTHER payment in the form of wire transfer, cash or money order." These people are seriously up to no good is the only logical explanation I can figure. So I've cancelled the order and am disputing the charges through my bank. Hopefully I get my money back in a week or two.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I purchased 4 new tires online from Tire Rack during a Michelin rebate, and within the timeframe of the rebate being active. When I was placing my order their website stated the tires were in stock, which was part of the rebate requirement, but after placing my order the shipment was delayed for some reason, and then they told me I no longer qualified for the rebate because the tires were out of stock.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

I purchased 4 Goodyear all season tires from Tire Rack. I would have bought them from Sam's Club, but with the offered rebate, it was a very good deal. That is, if I'd actually gotten my rebate. Neither Tire Rack or Goodyear credit has been helpful. I asked for help from Tire Rack and was told I needed to deal with Goodyear. I think that because the offer was from Tire Rack, that they should (at least) offer to help. I don't think I'll be getting my next set of tires from these folks. Better to deal with a local tire store. At least you can see the person you're talking with and maybe get some satisfaction.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

I ordered tires from Tire Rack on Last Friday for delivery the following Tuesday per TR. It's now Monday 2/4 (a week later) and still no tires. UPS tracking states "Loaded on truck for delivery today" the last 3 days (Wed, Thurs, Friday and today). I call Tire Rack Customer service. They tell me "We shipped them, not our problem - Call UPS" Thanks a lot TR. So I call UPS and they say "It's been cold" That's all "It's been cold"! Really!!! It was cold Mon. and Tues. It's been 40+ since and 60 degrees today! I guess TR only delivers in July and August. Anyway still no tires and another "today" answer - yeah sure. To anyone watching I have done business with and highly recommend SIMPLE TIRE over Tire Rack. Very smooth transactions and FAST, FREE shipping AND actually provide what they promise - A very important thing when it comes to the car you rely on daily... you know, TO GET TO WORK and minor things like that!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased four Goodyear Duratrac tires on mounted on new rims for a 2011 Ram truck. In barely more than 2 years they developed cracks on the sides of the tires. One tire went flat while driving leaving me stranded. Initially, Tire Rack was very helpful in advising me to take pictures of the weather cracking. I removed the tire, had it inspected by several dealers, and took numerous pictures of the weather cracking of the sidewall near the tread where the tire failed.

After submitting the evidence the customer affairs representative informed me her team was sure it was due to an object in the road. Clearly, the tiny cracks along the sidewall were not caused by an external object. I am now being forced to litigate to recover my loss. A local attorney researching the matter informed me Goodyear changed their chemical mix a few years ago thus causing numerous early aging problems in high-altitude locations. Tire Rack is likely aware of the problem but instead relying on deception and bullying of customers to avoid liability.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Rack?

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

On October 31, 2018 I ordered (TR #**) a Bridgestone Tire and wheel package to be delivered to TR's recommended installer VIP Tire & Service in Windham ME. On Nov. 8th VIP installed the premounted wheels and tires. On leaving VIP there was a grinding noise coming from the left front tire. Returning to VIP they determined that one of the wheels was out of round and rubbing against the caliper. On calling TR they said they would have a replacement wheel delivered in 4 days. I couldn't go without the car for 4 days and I didn't want to remount my summer tires as I was going to VT that weekend where they had a foot of snow. I told TR I was going to take their snow tires off the wheels and remount them on my OEM wheels.

TR agreed and said they would send the paperwork to VIP to return the wheels and tire pressure sensors. VIP was excellent, they took the wheels off the car, removed the tires, remounted them on my OEM wheels, balanced the tires and reset the TPM's charging a very reasonable $80 (VIP reference #**). Since The Tire Rack said they would deliver the wheel package with tires mounted, balanced and with tire pressure monitors I assumed they would reimburse me for the $80. Not a chance, calls were referred to a supervisor who wasn't there but would call back and did not return the call. It won't happen again because I'll only do business with a local reputable tire dealer.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I ordered tires from Tire Rack... After a week of no stop daily emails telling me, "Your tires have been delayed..." I decided to cancel the order. I spoke with several Tire Rack officials slash managers, each promised the world but never delivered. However, when I canceled the tires... Tire rack instantly stopped and re-routed the already 2 weeks late tires. Then it took several phone calls and emails to get my credit card refunded. Do yourself a favor and save yourself the aggravation. Buy your tires locally.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I purchased the tire 18 inches from this company. The first issue was that automotive shop was surprised at their irresponsible action, because they let their affiliate shipping company (UPS) leave the expensive tires at the door all weekends. I don’t know who will be responsible if something steal it. The main issue was I had to exchange the tires to 19 inches one because I made a mistake on order. I called the customer service and asked them to return and exchange. They shipped the correct size tires and set up UPS pick up for return item. The customer service clearly told me that return procedure should be quick and they are responsible for picking up the items.

However, I haven’t heard from them and gotten refund for 2 weeks. They never provided the tracking number and they just charged both return and exchange items twice. I called the customer service and complained about it. They said the return item is missing and they cannot track it. They don’t even explain about what happened, like what is the UPS tracking number, why they cannot track, where are my return tires gone. Customer service lady is extremely rude and emotional and never let me finish talking and hanged up the phone without any explanation and never called me back. Missing items by their shipping company is absolutely NOT my responsibility and I am not even sure if they really didn’t receive the return items or not. I don’t recommend this irresponsible company.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

My husband and I bought snow tires last year through Tire Rack. Something punctured the tire beyond repair. We needed a tire right away so we went to a shop and started the process. After all is said and done we then receive an email stating they will only replace the tire for the cost spent through them and not the one we got, even though it is the EXACT same tire. I called the helpline to ask why they wouldn't cover the entire cost of replacement, especially since it is a warranty job. The response I got from the lady on the phone said and I quote, "We aren't responsible for inflation". Yeah, never getting tires through Tire Rack again.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

I purchased 4 Cooper Discoverer Tires and matching rims from Tire Rack. You would not believe the problems they have caused me. One of the rims had weights that was too large to clear the brake caliper but the other three did. I drove about 3 miles and noticed the noise from my rear driver side wheel. Inspection revealed the oversize weights were scrubbing the brake caliper and one of the taped on weights mounted inside the rim had rubbed off. I contacted (Pam) at customer service and explained the problem. She asked that I take a picture of the problem and email them to her. Well, I had to remove the mounted wheel to make the pictures and one of the lug nuts had seized to the wheel stud. The stud broke off. This is only the beginning!

My truck is Chevy 2500. To remove the broken stud meant I had to completely disassemble the brake caliper, remove the axle, replace the stud, buy new seals, buy a set of star bits, buy a new stud, buy a axle nut wrench, buy differential fluid to replace some that got out after removing the axle, still have to take the wheel to a local dealer and pay them to rebalance the wheel with the proper size weights and several hours of my time to get to this point. My truck is still immobile because I had to order the axle nut wrench and will not get until next week. I have spent over $150.00 out of my pocket and no response from customer service. This has been a total nightmare for me. Tire Rack takes no responsibility for this disaster. If any recourse is available I will pursue this matter until I am 100 years old!!!

Tire Rack Company Information