Save on Car Repairs

Save on Car Repairs

With the Best Extended Warranty

Compare Quotes

209 Tire Kingdom Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

In the morning of October 17, I called to ask Tire Kingdom in Argyle Forest, Jacksonville, FL if I could bring in my vehicle for repair of a tire with a nail in it, as I had purchased a full-service tire plan. They told me that the earliest they could see me would be would be October 22. I said that we could not ride around on a tire with a nail, losing air for 5 days. They told me they were too busy to help me. I told them I would never deal with Tire Kingdom again. I called the Corporate office and was told they could not try to squeeze me in around other customers who had booked ahead. I was told that I should have tried calling other Tire Kingdom locations. Thankfully my local Jeep dealer, Garber Auto Mall, took care of my repair that day, by squeezing my repair in, despite being booked as long ahead, and earned my future business.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I had been a loyal customer of TK in Oviedo FL for years. I brought all our cars there. They seemed to do a good job and were very easy to deal with. Something has changed it seems. I have an older car that I want to try and keep going. On Oct 2nd the air conditioning stopped and smoke/steam started coming out from under the hood. I dropped the car off. When they finally got back to me they presented a list of items that needed to be fixed. Basically they said it was leaking oil from many seals and gaskets, which is why it was smoking, and it would cost 2400 to fix.

I figured that at this point I was not going to invest any more money (especially 2400). I took it home figuring I would call a group for donating it. I started it up and watched the engine. Now I know very little about cars, but I saw right away that it was not smoke, but steam. There was a hole in pipe leading from the radiator to the motor. I fixed it myself, filled the radiator, and turn it on. No steam, no smoke, just a well running engine. How do you miss a radiator hose leaking and blame it on oil? My cars will not be coming back EVER.

Get expert buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

1003 Blanding Blvd., Orange Park, FL - On 9/24/2018 I called TK Manager Timothy ** to inquire if they did brake jobs and if so, what would be the approximate cost. Mgr told me the cost for a complete brake job was $169.95 per axle - PERIOD. I scheduled a 9 AM appointment for the next day. Arrived at 8:40 AM. Vehicle was road tested and I was presented with an estimate of $1,452.00 to do the $339.90 job. That was to include $108.00 worth of front wheel bearings ("it's only another $100.00", I was told). I declined to have them install 4 new shocks for "only another" $300.00. Eight hours and 50 minutes later, I left the facility with my $1452.65 faulty brake job. I nearly smashed into the building as I attempted to turn around to go in the opposite direction.

At the intersection where I needed to pull to a complete stop, I nearly rear-ended a car stopped at the stop sign. The brakes were NO better after 8:50 hours and $1,452.65 than they were that morning. The vehicle is UNSAFE to be driven; but is my only mode of transportation. I am of the opinion TBC's Tire Kingdom should refund at least $500.00 of the $587.59 labor charge so that I can have the vehicle taken to a real mechanic for a proper/complete repair. I have PROMISED to NEVER darken their doorway again and am awaiting their decision. I had been warned to avoid Tire Kingdom; but learned my lesson the hard and expensive way. BUYER: BEWARE!

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

I am terribly upset and not happy. I was told when I had repair service done to my vehicle to repair a crack radiator of which I spent $514 and was told by one of the representative, provided me a form and everything that to send it in and I will get a $50 rebate. Only to find out that I receive a letter notification back from TBC $50 offer telling me that my purchase price was not greater than what was required for the promotion. Now they did not have the sense to put how much of a darn purchase had I to spend just to get a measly $50 back.

I advised that this is false advertisement, I was lied to and I do not like being swindle out of my monies just for the company lie to get my hard earn money. This is a clear injustice and unethical practice. I am not happy and I am going to tell everyone I know to never get business done at Tire Kingdom on 2100 S Orange Ave because the hired employees are all liars and the company itself is unethical. I am very dissatisfied. They need to train their employees better and make sure they understand the promotional guidelines offer real good before advising a customer wrong information.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I took car in for a new set of tires and a high speed wheel balance. Car was finished at set time, drove car home, parked as usual, notice an unusual spot on the lower left rear side of car, near wheel well. Turns out, the technician placed the car on the lift, forcing the lift to protrude into the side of car. Now, I'm not a genius, but you're supposed to know how to place an SUV on a vehicle lift!! My car now has a hole on the left rear side of car!!! What a damn shame! And they were so quiet about it, not even a word was said about it. I wouldn't trust this Tire Kingdom anyone!!! This job was performed 7/11/2018 in Ocala, Florida near state Route 200.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Kingdom?

Original review: July 11, 2018

My 17 year old son took his 2011 Honda Civic to Tire Kingdom in Seffner, FL on 7/9 because his brakes were grinding. They diagnosed the problem as a rotten caliper and that he needed fluid flush, new rotors and pads. The estimate came out to just under 1k with a 39.99 discount. My husband who was home working spoke to the manager on the phone and declined. The price immediately dropped to 800. My son needed to drive to college classes the following day and my husband initially thought this might have been a more fair price so he approved.

After 3-5 minutes of research, he realized we were being scammed and called back. We were told we could not change our minds because we had already agreed to the repair. We sucked it up as our own fault and vowed never to go to Tire Kingdom again because the way my husband was spoken to when he called back was rude. My husband called corporate and asked a woman named Roche to have a manager call him back. No one ever did.

When I went to pay and pick up the vehicle with my son their computers were broken. An imprint was taken off my credit card after waiting 1 hour and I was promised a receipt via email the next day. I didn't receive one. I called back twice today requesting the receipt. The second time I spoke to Fellis (the same person who was rude to my husband on Monday). He said he was waiting on corporate for the invoice because it was a manual imprint. He interrupted me, raised his voice and was completely out of line. I called corporate again and spoke to Frank. He supported the prices we were charged without even looking at the invoice. He said the computer does it all and they can't adjust the prices even though they could give a $200 discount in the 10 seconds they thought they might lose the sale.

He spoke to me like a dumb women about Mitchell pricing standards for labor; even though I told him I knew what that was he explained it to me for 5 minutes including how it protected me as a consumer. At the end of the conversation he had the audacity to ask me what I wanted. I had to explain again that I wanted an invoice for the services rendered on Monday and I wanted an investigation into the pricing for the calipers, two year brake pads, rotors and a fluid flush. He was less than apologetic. DON'T DO IT FOLKS. FIND A PRIVATE MECHANIC, SMALL BUSINESS WHO WILL TREAT YOU FAIRLY. I seriously doubt they even did the brake fluid flush.

Original review: July 11, 2018

Although this has recently come to my attention because the situation constructed by the personnel at Tire Kingdom (Greenville, South Carolina) were responsible for hurting my credit after not providing service and repair promised; it is worth reporting the situation to the public in so that no one else suffers from this company locations' actions.

It was on a Memorial holiday that I had a visitor come up from Florida and we were to attend a ticketed event. I called Tire Kingdom to ask about service to diagnose and repair my car air conditioner. The company told me that if I could get there by about 2 pm they would diagnose the problem. My guest and I arrived by 2 and I was told it would be about 30 minutes. We sat and waited. 1 1/2 hours later, we had not learned anything. I was told that the a/c was being repaired already. When I asked what the problem was I was told it needed Freon. Seemed simple enough. I asked the cost of the diagnosis and repair (50.00 + 100.00) and wrote my check.

Another 1 1/2 hours passed. By this time the store was normally closing and all other customers had left, so what was taking so long? The two men operating the place at the time had not even come back to report anything. Further, I had tickets to an important event and a considerable drive left. It had begun raining very hard too, and being 90 degrees out, it was imperative that the a/c work. By 6:pm I was forced to go out to the garage area because no one had returned to talk to me or turn the car over. When I got into the area, two men were laughing and my car was already pulled out to the parking lot area. There was a strong odor of marijuana. I asked if they were done and one guy said they fixed it and handed me a key.

Furious over the inconsideration, my friend and I got in, and as stated, had to turn on the a/c due to extreme heat and rain, and we drove around the lot to see if it were actually working. I kept it blowing for 10 mins before I would leave. It was blowing hot air. I returned into the office and stated so. I asked why it was the exact way it was when I brought it in, and demanded a manager. One of the two I had been speaking with stated he WAS the manager. I asked why they returned the car apparently still broken, and explained that they had now ruined my event. I wanted my check back. The man then stated that he couldn't give it to me, it was in the safe or drop box. He then instructed me to cancel my check and that he was filling out a form to explain the payment cancellation.

So we now left without being provided the product and services charged, and therefore promised, lost an important costly ticked event, ruined my guest's cost and trouble he flew in for: and when I did as the so called "manager" instructed me to do... had my credit ruined, as now it appears on my credit report as a non payment. The employee(s) should be fired for how they handled this and for their behavior that day. Further, no payment should have been rendered, rather, I feel Tire Kingdom owes me. Needless to say, I will be informing anyone needing any service this company says they provide... DON'T DO IT!

Original review: June 26, 2018

My normal garage was busy, so I called Tire Kingdom to see if I could get an appointment to have the oil changed, the tires rotated and my spare repaired on my car. I was told that no appointment was necessary, just bring it in, drop it off, and they would get to it before the end of the day. When dropping the vehicle off, an attendant went out to look at the mileage of my vehicle, and apparently, look at the spare tire. They came back and said that they could not repair the tire because “it is a 2014 tire”, but that they could replace it.

No further explanation was offered, so I told them to not worry about the spare, to just get the oil change and tires. Tire Kingdom had my vehicle for several hours before calling me to come and pick it up. Upon arriving, I was asked my name, I told them. The person behind the desk asked, “Oh, the Suzuki”… I said, no. After looking for it, they found my vehicle, I paid and walked out while looking at my receipt. I noticed as I was walking to my car that the tires were not rotated, so I went back in and asked if they were, and was answered “Your tread is where you need it”… I’m sure my face looked astonished by their response… I went out for a moment, and couldn’t help but notice that the crew was inside pointing and talking about me.

I walked back in to get further explanation as to why my tires had not been rotated. I was immediately met with a rude tone and attitude. The response was “Despite what you think you might know, your tread is where it belongs”. Besides, your tires are worn down and need to be replaced, I can give you a quote. So, I asked why none of this was not explained when I paid. I was answered with more tone and attitude with “It’s on your receipt”. The receipt also says “to mind your tire pressure”, and both of my front tires were low on tire pressure. After getting my car home, I noticed that there was no sticker that should tell the mileage when the next oil change is due. I was charged $45 for just an oil change and a truckload of ineptitude and attitude.

Out of concern for the way we were treated, I took my car to my normal mechanic. Not only were they able to rotate the tires, but the tread was well above what was considered needing to be replaced. I have a hard time understanding why a company would refuse to do what a customer has requested, let alone simply put air in a tire. Is that part of a TIRE store's job description!?! It’s obvious to me that the primary goal of Tire Kingdom is to “up-sell” their customers. Rest assured that in the future I will not darken the doorstep of any of these franchises, and I will be sure to tell everyone I know who is looking for quality car care to looking anywhere but Tire Kingdom…

Original review: June 18, 2018

Bought tires a year ago. Was told free lifetime alignments with tires, now when I bring it in was told it was only for 1 year. I also came in for an oil change keeps telling me a price, then he sneaks in another $20 for the labor of the oil change. When I questioned the rep that's the way corporate tells them to sell it. Never again!!!

Original review: April 4, 2018

I brought my car into Tire Kingdom off of Blanding in Orange Park, FL in June 2017 to have the a/c looked at, they said they couldn't find any leaks and recharged my a/c for $170. Six months later, my a/c is blowing hot air again, this happened during the winter when my a/c wasn't needed so I let it go for a little bit. I brought my car back to the same Tire Kingdom on 04/03/2018, they recharged my a/c again and put a dye in it to see where the leak is coming from, this cost me $260. I pick my car up, they don't tell me anything except to bring it back in a couple of weeks to see where the leak is coming from. I get in my car, turn the air on, still blowing hot, I drive off, drive around for about 10 minutes, still hot air.

I bring it back, the front desk guy is on the phone, has seen that I walk in, does not acknowledge me, then finally acknowledges me. I tell him the car is still blowing hot air, he calls in a mechanic and tells him that my car is still blowing hot. I walk up to the counter as the mechanic is walking in, the front desk man is whispering to the mechanic. As soon as I reach the desk, they stop. They look at my car, tell me it's the evaporator core that needs to be replaced and will cost $935. So I'm out almost $300 for them to not even have fixed anything. Horrible, horrible company and I will NEVER be bringing my car back to them again.

Original review: March 24, 2018

I purchased a battery from Tire Kingdom in January of 2017, which came with a two year warranty. On March 17, 2018, my battery started to show signs of dying so I took it back to Tire Kingdom. I was told that my alternator was overcharged and would need to replace it first before I could receive my battery replacement. Tire Kingdom quoted me 400.00 to 800.00 dollars, which I could not afford. I then purchased an alternator from somewhere else and had it replaced in my car. On March 24, 2018, I took my now completely dead battery back to Tire Kingdom where I was told they still would not replace my battery due to me having my alternator replaced elsewhere and due to those notes on the account, there was nothing they could do for me. There was empathy, customer service or any regard for my situation just a bunch of sharks out to steal and screw you over. I will never do business with this company again.

Resolution response: March 11, 2018

The manager reimbursed the money from my lottery ticket which I felt was very nice

Original review: March 10, 2018

I’ve been a customer of Tire Kingdom for many years. I feel their prices are high but I have always trusted them to be honest and very friendly people; however, yesterday they stole a $50 winning scratch off lottery ticket out of my car. I am outraged and will never do business with them again.

Original review: March 9, 2018

Can't fix breaks after 6 days and 600 dollars later. Brought my car in on Saturday morning, sat there all day and they couldn't fix anything but charged me to fix my brakes. Brought my car back Sundays and left it there all day same issue. Monday they had me bring my car back in first thing in the morning. They didn't even look at it all day. Tuesday they gave me a rental and my car sat there till Thursday and they still didn't fully fix the issue and my brakes still were not working properly but yet I still paid 600 dollars for them to not fix anything. If you value your time and money do not ever bring your car to a Tire Kingdom.

Original review: March 6, 2018

Without a long dissertation this company is a joke. Don't dare question your invoice for an employee will tell you not to raise your voice. I spent $1022.56. Place is a pig pen and the employees are condescending to the customers. Plus they talk trash about the employees that they work with. Never... Ever... Will I go back to this hell hole! (Palm Coast FL)

Original review: March 1, 2018

I have been a customer of Tire Kingdom for over 20 years. For the most part they treated me well, until a new manager on 41 South in Fort Myers FL put the wrong size brake pads on my car. After several trips back I was told that the pads were ok and the loud rattling noise was my problem. Going to another repair shop they showed me that the pads were about a half a inch too short. So after paying them $750 I went back and the Tire Kingdom manager told me it has been too long to fix the problem and in a roundabout way to get lost. So I had another shop fix the problem and saved the old shoes. Over 20 years of new tires and thousands in repairs they have lost me as a customer. I only wish the wrong size brake pads would have caused a accident so I could have sued them. The way they change managers like musical chairs is their biggest problem. Oh all my car is a Jaguar.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

Took my car to the Lake City FL Tire Kingdom on 2/19/2018. I did not question the need for new front rotors & brake pads - also new calipers and front & rear shocks/struts. They never told me what the labor cost would be, and I should have asked. I was charged $650.14 for 4 hours work - come to $162.50 an hour. How is that possible? I do feel I was ripped off. Also, I had to take the car back (80 mi. round trip) because there was a clanging, metal on metal sound and the steering was pulling to the right significantly. They told me a sway bar had come loose - no, it didn't - it was never reconnected properly. They charged me for a front end alignment which was not done on the first visit - they did on the second visit. These people are criminals in my opinion. They will lie to you and do sloppy, indifferent work - Don't make the expensive mistake I did.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

Yes I blew a tire on my trailer on Highway 75. Went to your Tire Kingdom no. 217. Justin ** sold me two trailer tires. My trailer was still on 75 it began to get dark. I expressed my concern about time. He jumped into action quickly. Got Tyler to remove old tire and place the new tire on. Within 10 minutes I was able to get back to my trailer. Got the tire on within 10 minutes till darkness. Thanks to the great service from Justin and Tyler I was able to continue on back to Ohio. It is nice to know that Tire Kingdom is out there for the future. Great job. Thank you. God bless.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

I purchased 4 Aspen Tires back in November of 2016. I do not drive my car often but when I did, it happened to have been raining. And when I came to the corner to make a right turn I slid into oncoming traffic. Now please keep in mind, I do not drive fast, this has happened twice to me. I did not make a complaint until my car got a small screw in the side wall. Went to my mechanic and he said that Tire Kingdom should replace free of charge, I told my mechanic that I did not pay for the extra warranty and he said it was a road hazard and they should replace the tire free of charge. Tire Kingdom would not replace the tire without the road hazard warranty. This was the Tire Kingdom on College Rd 2357 SW, Ocala Fl. 34471 352-237-7900.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2017

I've been taking my vehicles to Tire Kingdom for years. Our business has multiple vehicles and we have a couple of personal vehicles as well. Every time I go there is an issue. Missing work that was stated. I've had to check that they actually change the oil when I order that service. In 2016 they indicated a rear light had been replaced. When I went to the truck they didn't do it. The service Mgr came out and did it on the spot. They make recommendations for work that isn't needed. They wanted to replace all four shocks. I only needed the two rear shocks not all four. I took my F150 to them for tires on 09-21. They recommended new tires and shocks. I accepted the tires and rejected the shocks. I came home the battery was dead so I opened the hood and the engine cover was missing. They make recommendations that are not true, they miss items that should have been done, and now they have lost my engine cover.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2017

Tire Kingdom, Wesley Chapel Fl. Installed a new set of tires on my Charger on Friday afternoon, started on a trip the next Sat morning. Was on the interstate for about 3 miles at 75mph when the left front valve stem blew out of the rim (with the sudden loss of air this was a trick keeping it under control). Had it towed into Tire Kingdom, they replaced the valve stem and also the tire. Restarted the trip later on Sat. Throughout the trip the tire pressure sensors kept going off telling me I had low tire pressures, took it back to TK on Monday and TK told me that they just rebuild the TPMS and they can do nothing else. These guys should not be allowed to work on cars.

Original review: May 30, 2017

On April 22, 2017 I took my car for repair due an oil leak, was returned on April 24, 2017. The total charge were $1367.12. After driving it, I hear a noise and leak in the floor of my driveway. Took it back to the store for a check and the mechanic look and did something. The problem continue and took it back and the manager told me the mechanic was off and have to bring it back (kept driving it with that noise). Yesterday took it back to the store and the duty manager told me to leave it and he will check and call me.

After waiting all day and before closing time 6.00 PM, I call him twice (the first time put me on hold and never got to the phone). After I called back he told me that nothing can be done that day because the mechanic that did the job already got pay for that job and he is the only one that can work on it. When I pay for the job and did it to Tire Kingdom and not the specific mechanic. He happen to be off again yesterday and I got my car back in the same condition I took it. Now I have no choice but to take my car to another place to look at it. Believe me, I been a customer of Tire Kingdom for many years and all the family car were been service there, but now NO MORE.

Original review: May 25, 2017

We would not eat a meal from a waiter as surely as a worker we encountered at Tire Kingdom, located at 2216 Aloma Ave. Winter Park, FL, and surely would not fly in an aircraft maintained by him. Until we can find answers to a host of problems, we also would not allow him or anyone else from Tire Kingdom near our car and advise others to do the same.

Our issues with TK arose soon after purchasing four tires (December 13, 2013), and dramatically worsened upon entering their wheel alignment program. Our final encounter was bad enough to trigger suspicions of technical malfeasance. We were looking for signs to trust TK, to get tire service and maybe more at their convenient location. We tolerated abrasive behavior as part of the business, hoping for improvement. Trust wasn’t going happen. This became abundantly clear on March 22, 2017, our final visit to TK.

On that day of our last visit, we phoned early to check on bringing the car for service. This was seven months after our prior visit (8/26/16), almost twice the four-month interval recommended to us by this dealer (perhaps because our mileage rate was so low). Until we learned to call before coming in and to arrive by 9 AM, service took most of the day. At least once, we left our car for contracted wheel alignment an entire day only to be told to try again another time.

So we arrived within one-half hour (9 AM) and were met by our usual contact. Bending down to unlock the office door, he said only “the key.” Upon rising, he extended his hand and repeated “the key.” Barely glancing at us and allowing no chance for conversation, he took the key and quickly walked away to work on our car himself, as two workers stood by watching. We were the only customers in sight, so we can’t attribute the particularly bizarre behavior to a busy time.

Upon his returning our car, we asked if he rotated the tires; he said “no,” that we only asked (on the phone) for alignment. He gave us no paperwork, saying we didn’t need paperwork with warranty work. We always received paperwork before. We left without a planned oil change or knowing what else needed to be done to our car, and no longer trusting this dealer to work on our car anyway.

March 28, 2017. Bringing our 2010 Honda CRV to a Honda dealership for an oil change, we were informed about a “dangerous leak” in our power steering – “rack and pinion” – system. Since Tire Kingdom had just performed a wheel alignment on our car six days before, we wondered if: the problem existed but Tire Kingdom didn’t detect it; they detected the problem, but didn’t report it to us; or they actually created the leak, accidentally -- or even maliciously.

Suspicions of technical malfeasance deepened because: For the first time in our experience with this dealer we noticed that our regular front office contact did the work himself (while other workers stood by talking), possibly so he didn’t involve others in misconduct. For the first time, we were not told about other services before proceeding with the requested work, perhaps because he just wanted us gone. For the first time we were given no documentation of the work performed, possibly so we would have no evidence that Tire Kingdom had any contact with our car at that time.

Less than a week later, the Honda dealer noticed our car needed a new rack and pinion, near the area where the Tire Kingdom representative had worked. (Had we waited longer for the oil change, we might not have connected the malfunction to TK, and the damaged front end might have caused a serious accident.) His manner, consistently brusque, became increasingly offensive after we purchased the alignment service program, becoming ludicrously abusive on the final day of service. The car mileage was low (40,000) and the car was well maintained, treated with extreme care, and stored in a garage.

We don’t want to cause more trouble but would like resolution. We wrote to the TK District Manager for a corporate response. He was pleasant but predictably defensive in a call back to us, saying he wanted our continued patronage and offering to be on site to assure things go well. But he didn’t ease our distaste and distrust for TK. It’s well over a month since he said that he would be back in touch in a few days, after a staff meeting. However, we have yet to hear from him again. We will sacrifice twenty months remaining on our alignment program and a lifetime tire rotation service. If Tire Kingdom wanted us gone, they succeeded.

On an old Colombo TV show, we all would know “whodunit” and it would just be a matter of bringing the perpetrator to justice. We could be wrong in this case, and TK might be innocent on a purely technical level, but that doesn’t begin to explain or excuse their shoddy actions throughout, or the guilty behavior on the final visit that had to be seen to be appreciated. Things could have gone a lot better if TK simply told us at the beginning what they needed from us to keep on good terms. Instead, TK pulled us in and then pushed us out… Never giving trust a chance. We ask Tire Kingdom to conscientiously investigate our concerns and report their findings back to us. We also ask for just compensation for all harms we suffered due to improper TK actions.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I was a long time customer, all service and tire purchases for my vehicles were handled at this location. Today I brought my car in for an oil change. Apparently the oil level was too low and they refused to work on it. Not only that they made a note on my account to never change the oil again because the oil was too low this day. I was absolutely overdue for an oil change but had no idea my oil level was so low. I'm not a mechanic, it's why I take to a mechanic. So just to clarify, I bring my car in to get the oil fixed and they say they can't fix it because it is broken? Doesn't really make sense to me. Head over to Midas on 4th. They'll take care of you without any problems, and they're cheaper. They also have a better customer satisfaction rating. Check out Tire Kingdom reviews before you bring your business here!

Original review: March 30, 2017

I took my 2009 Honda Fit in for a tire rotation and oil change. When I got the car back they informed me that I had an existing broken wheel lug and it would cost 190$ to fix. As you guessed this was not broken when I arrived. I wash the car regularly and examine my wheels as I am cleaning them. They totally denied the responsibility. Don't ever, even in an emergency go to them. It will cost you dearly!!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

Really terrible place. At least if you need to repair a tire. I had flat tire because of small screw in it. They told me that I have to change rear tire and it will cost almost 200$. Without any additional options. I just sealed in another place for 15$. I hope Tire Kingdom provides better service with selling and installing new tires but I will never be their customer after such kind of service.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Different months I have had my front brakes, starter, flat tire fixed, rear brakes, oil changes (several times). Each time it went well. They are not the cheapest, but they are not the most expensive either. The last 4 times were oil change, then a new starter (verified by AAA when my car was towed to Tire Kingdom), new rear brakes that started leaking (verified when I took my tire off), flat tire fixed (for free, it had a nail in it but they fixed it for free, which pleasantly surprised me). 229 US-27, Clermont, FL.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2017

Just bought 4 new tires at Tire Kingdom in Seminole FL $1200 worth. They had no idea how to mount the tires. They didn't realize the tire came with two different profiles. They didn't know what the yellow and red dots meant on the outside of the tires. So they are now mounted wrong and they scratched two of my chrome rims on my F150. It was like a game to this high school kid to see how fast he could impact wrench on my wheels. Well he missed and put gashes in the chrome. Nobody cares there.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2016

Judging by the number of complaints on their facebook page and other posts made by dissatisfied consumers on various websites I am not alone as I write concerning our experience with Tire Kingdom. I feel a bit of history is required here so people do not think I am the type of individual who complains about a business or service based on a first time basis.

I have resided here in Palm Coast, Florida for about 30 years. I know I was probably one of the stores first customers when they opened. Over the years I purchased quite a few sets of tires at this location in addition to having minor and major repairs done to all my vehicles. At one time I owned and operated a small landscape and irrigation company with as many as three company vehicles and two large trailers to maintain. Back in the late 70's and early 80's there weren't too many tire distributors available here in Palm Coast not counting Walmart with whom I had a few tire and battery problems with previously.

For the most part except for price of course I could be considered a satisfied consumer as far as Tire Kingdom is concerned. That all changed today in a matter of hours. Today is the 17th of December 2016, a Saturday. I have been ill and recently released from the hospital otherwise I would be the one doing the running around for our vehicle instead of my wonderful wife.

We already knew we were in need of two new tires, so as far as making a sale there would be no problem as far as the store was involved. I am not sure if the fact the clerk (he does not deserve any other title) was dealing with a woman came into play or not, but Vicky is no dummy especially when it comes to things such as knowing about types of tires, sizes, etc. If the clerk thought he was able to pull something over on her he would be sadly mistaken. She had previously purchased two tires earlier this year from this very store with no problem at all.

We wanted to get the remaining two tires changed plus have the oil changed prior to our planned trip North for the Holiday's. What should have been a routine purchase turned into something totally different in a very short period of time. It has ruined the relationship between a previously satisfied customer and an established business since there is no way we will ever do business with this company again unless it is an emergency.

I received a call from a very upset wife about 2.5 hours after she had left the house. Vicky had been treated very very badly by the people at Tire Kingdom to the point where she walked out of the store. After reading all the bad reviews about the company I knew I would be just wasting my time going there to complain. It seems according to the posts I have read this company could care less if you are satisfied or not. They do not follow-up the complaints with any positive action that I can see and no matter what, it seems their people can do no wrong. Fine, they can continue to have that attitude until the doors close. I just cannot see a company having that type of attitude these days with so many businesses bending over backwards to keep your business.

I still plan on writing the main office of the company even if all it does is make me feel better. I also intend on telling anyone who will listen to take their business elsewhere. There are now several other tire distributors in the area so we do not have to drive to Daytona Beach or elsewhere to get tires, and I hope I can hurt their business even a little.

The front desk was not busy when Vicky arrived. Two service writers and one customer was all that was there. It did not appear too busy in the back either and the parking lot was not as full as you would expect for a Saturday. Vicky asked the clerk who was free if he would look up our service record to see which tires we had purchased several months ago and to please give her a price on two matching tires. He was sort of annoyed at this request for him to do his job and told her it would be a couple of hours before she would be able to get the tires, oil change, etc. She was prepared knowing how crazy or funny a Saturday can turn out to be. He was avoiding giving her a price it seemed to her, no reason given. He then tells her to figure on a price of $260.00 without ever looking at a book, computer screen, nothing to go by.

Vicky tells him that the price is close to $100.00 more than she paid about six months ago, but that did not change his price or his attitude. He then tells her it may be better if she comes back tomorrow (Sunday) why we never found out. Could be he isn't working tomorrow, I don't know. What this clerk did was manage to cost his employer money now and in the future. I will continue to need tires for one or both our vehicles, but I had found a very special person to do repairs on our cars, Mobile Mark and his company are great, period. Vicky got the tires and oil change at Walmart spending about $100.00 less than the off the cuff quote from the tire kingdom clerk. I like saying "clerk". It rhymes with "JERK". And if he worked for me that is what I would do to him, jerk him away from my paying customers and send him packing.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

BEWARE! Worst customer service I've ever experienced plus stole my phone charging cord. John (claims he's a manager) seems completely burnt out yet tries to come off like he cares about the customers but he definitely does not! I had the misfortune to have my car towed there with a flat tire and the entire experience was horrible right from the start.

First, John attempted to help me but acted annoyed and had limited communication skills or was too stressed out to. He first tells me he has ONE tire to offer me at one price but then we were actually charged a different price. Nor could he explain in detail about the tires other than what he read on his screen. In the middle of him helping me, his co-workers start talking to him so he stops and starts helping them which I found extremely rude. The entire visit went downhill from there.

We ended up buying 4 tires as I was stuck there with no other choice unless I had my car towed again at my expense which they knew. I was told it would be a "while" before they got to my car, I was there for 4 HOURS! With my dogs who were in the car when I got the flat. I could have had my dogs picked up if I'd known they were going to have me there that long! They took EVERY car ahead of me, one lady who wasn't even there waiting and didn't come back to get her car until 6:30pm while I sat there waiting.

Finally, at almost 7pm they finish my car then after leaving I find my phone charger cord was STOLEN!!! (This is the second time this has happened in FL at a car place.) Called John the next day and he DID NOT CARE ONE BIT and told me there was nothing he could do for me. I don't know how this guy is allowed to work with the public and became a manager. They were EXTREMELY SHORT staffed which doesn't surprise me with a manager like that, I wouldn't be surprised if they have a hard time retaining workers. I WILL never go back to this store and will make sure to tell everyone I know about my experience.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2016

14650 S Tamiami Trail store: Yes this is an older incident. I'm adding to the long list here. When we arrived in Oct 15 our car was buzzing, I took it to Dixie Buick across the street from TK. The power steering fluid was low causing the buzz. The transmission was overfull, explanation was someone syringed fluid from the steering pump and put it into the transmission which would have brought me back in for more repairs. TK did an oil change the day we left 6 months earlier and vandalized it. Dixie charged me $160 to flush and replace the contaminated trans fluid in a car with 50,000 miles which wasn't due for change until twice that mileage. Most expensive oil change ever. Why doesn't the attorney general do something about this place?

Tire Kingdom expert review by Lauren Fix

Tire Kingdom was founded in Florida in 1972. Since then, the company has joined the nationwide TBC Corporation family of companies.

• Convenient hours: Tire Kingdom stores are open early and stay open late. They are also open on Sunday.

• Major brands: Tire Kingdom stocks all major brands of tires, including BF Goodrich, Bridgestone and Continental.

• Schedule or buy online: Schedule an appointment or buy tires online, 24/7.

• Discounts: By signing up on the company website, consumers can receive discounts and special offers.

• Location: Tire Kingdom operates more than 1200 stores in 41 states, as well as in Alberta and British Columbia, Canada.

• Best for: Light truck and SUV vehicle drivers, winter, run-flats, passenger vehicle drivers and off-road vehicle drivers.

Profile picture of Lauren Fix
Lauren Fix Auto & Finance Contributing Editor

Lauren Fix, also called The Car Coach, is an automotive and auto finance expert. Her understanding of vehicles has made her the “go to” person on TV, radio, print media and the Internet. She has authored multiple books and writes a column for several outlets, including Parade Magazine, NewsMax and Car Coach Reports. She is a regular guest on major news and morning shows, discussing the latest updates on cars and car financing that will help drivers make smart decisions when buying, maintaining and financing cars.

Tire Kingdom Company Information