3.9/5 (411 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Tire Kingdom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Kingdom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Kingdom?

Original review: Aug. 1, 2022

We have a car with 4 tires in poor condition. I prefer to purchase my own tires online. 2 arrived and the remaining 2 would be delivered the next week. I decided to put the 2 we received on immediately as the tires were bad. I called, explained everything to Tire Kingdom and scheduled an appointment. Upon arrival, the manager did a quick inspection of our vehicle and stated he wouldn’t put the tires on unless we bought the other 2 from them today as it was “a liability.” I explained he has no liability in tires or wheels he doesn’t touch but he refused again saying we had to buy the other 2 or nothing. This was an attempt to extort me to buy his tires over and above the $30 per tire mount and balance charge. Very disreputable.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Minus 5 stars! Loser behind the counter acted like he did not understand me when I asked him if he could mount two brand new tires on two brand new wheels. These are special wheels and tires for a classic car that Tire Kingdom does not sell but I have literally been a Tire Kingdom customer for over 20 years and have brought in multiple wheel tire combinations and have always been taken care of. Now mind you, there was not but one person in the waiting area and there was not one car in the parking lot or in the shop. The kid looked at me and said they have never done that (mount tires on wheels ha!) and when I explained to him that I have never been turned down (for this service) at this store before - I've probably had 20 tires mounted on wheels at this store (close to me house) and I've probably bought $5000 worth of tires/services from this store over the years.

There was a particular salesman that I have always dealt with and when I asked for him, the kid said he has been gone for over six months and that he didn't care what anyone "used" to do. I asked for a manager and was told that they did not have one. I walked out the door and towards the garage to see if the guy I usually worked with was around and there was one worker. I simply asked the worker if he had seen the guy that used to work there. The guy behind the counter ran out the front door after me and told me to leave immediately or he would call the cops. I called him an ** and he then told me to get in my pretty little F-150 and get off the property. This has bothered me enough that I feel compelled to sit here and complain.

I am 55 years old and have run my own business since I was 25. Never once have I EVER turned down business and never once have I been treated with such disdain by an employee of a company that I have faithfully used for all my tire needs for a very long time. I literally drove one block to an adjacent tire store and asked the salesman if he could mount the tires on the wheels and he wrote me up right then and there - even helped me get the wheels and tires out of the truck! I will never use Tire Kingdom again I promise you that!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 11, 2022

If they gave me the option to put negative stars, I would put some. A company that has very little professionalism in its workers. You go for a problem and they lie to you telling you that the problem is solved by replacing old parts (in good condition) with new parts, being a lie. I went for a problem with the ABS that when I brake at low speed it activates and produces a sound in the front wheels. They tell me that I have to change the brake system, that that was what was giving me the problem, when it wasn't. If they charged $1228.50 but didn't fix anything, my ABS problem is still there.

When I go to claim again they tell me that they are going to change all the ABS sensors and that if that is not the problem they could not do anything else. When I go they tell me that the 4 sensors had been changed, that the car still had the same problem and that they put the old ones back on. Everything was a lie, the next day I checked to see and they did not touch any sensor. There were no traces of having removed and put new sensors, I have the photos that I took where you can see that nothing has ever been manipulated in that area. So I start complaining to customer service, I've had 4 or 5 calls with them and they always apologize for the bad job and that the regional manager is going to contact me. According to them it was in 48 hours, and already 19 days ago. Every time I call they tell me the same thing, that they don't know why they don't call me, that they're going to give me an urgent case. Anyway, a lousy company, liars, thieves...

Original review: July 8, 2022

So first off not sure how they have any stars as a rating because if you read what any real customer has said about service it is a 1 star. My experience was beyond horrible. I never write reviews and I feel it is my duty to warn all that I can NOT I repeat NOT to go to get service with this company. Every inch of my experience was terrible, they lost my appointment, they didn't have my tires, they lost parts to my car that were on my car when I brought it in, they rummaged through my car without my consent AND they let me leave with tires that were unsafe and I almost skidded off the road- lucky my daughter had decided to ride with my husband! I have also tried to work with them for the past four weeks to get the piece that they lost on my car and NO ONE has bothered to call me back.

RUN RUN RUN from Tire Kingdom!

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

This has been my personal experience with the Tire Kingdom in Saint Cloud, FL. Since my complaint appears to be due to a company-wide policy, this might be true for all locations. When we had Tire Kingdom put new tires on my Mustang, we paid upfront for twice yearly tire rotation and balance for the lifetime of the tires. We also paid for a three year alignment program. Every time I made an appointment for the prepaid services, I had to sit and wait between 1.5 - 2.5 hours every single time for my car to be done. During those extended wait times, it became more and more evident that the problem was the upselling happening with customers ahead of me.

When your vehicle is taken to the garage, they check under the hood and look at all sorts of things that might allow them to upsell services or parts. I would watch the desk guys come to the waiting room and tell people, usually women, that they needed filters, or other parts and services they did not have scheduled at that time. Sometimes it was $1,000 or more in upselling. Most of the time, the women would agree so the upselling services were added to whatever they had come in to have done. This pushes all other appointment times further back and screws up everyone else’s schedule and they don’t care if you sit there for hours.

The last time I was there was January 2022. I watched this happen again. I had been sitting 1 hour and 20 minutes when a woman came in and asked if her car was done. They told her they hadn’t started it. She had dropped it off and she and her husband and grandchild had been walking around the shopping center for two hours waiting for the tires to be rotated and balanced. She got upset and told them to give her keys back so she could leave. She went outside and then her husband came in.

He lit into the manager whose only excuse was that they were a drop-off, which I took to mean they’ll get to it after people who are waiting get their service done, even though this makes no sense. Like the husband said, we make appointments for a reason…our scheduled time for our service. I became upset to hear theirs was taking so long because they were a “drop-off” and there I’d been sitting for 1 hour 20 minutes, not a drop off. It suddenly got worse when I saw my Mustang roll past the door to the garage. They were just taking it back to the garage.

So I followed my car to the garage stall and the manager was there. I called him out and asked why mine was taking so long when I wasn’t a drop-off. I asked why I had to sit 1.5 - 2.5 hours every single time I brought the car in. I yelled to the tech to do nothing except tire rotation and balance and to not touch the hood. The manager pointed to an SUV up on a lift and used the excuse that they had come in for two tires but had added two more tires and other services to their appointment time. I told him it was rude to add the services and ** up everyone else’s appointment times and he should schedule additional services as a new appointment at another time. He put two techs on my Stang to apologize for my inconvenience. It took them 20 minutes to complete the tire rotation and balance. That means my appointment time should usually only be around 30 minutes.

The manager came in to sign me out and I called him out on the upselling being the problem with appointments. I suggested he make upsales new separate appointments so he doesn’t screw-up everyone else’s schedules. He said “corporate wouldn’t like that very much”. I replied that corporate needs to respect their customers’ time.

The second time I took my Stang for rotation and balance, as I was leaving, a guy stopped me to warn me about the upselling. He said they had just ripped-off his mother in law for over $2,000 of things she didn’t need but they had convinced her she needed. The only reason I continue to take my Stang to Tire Kingdom is because we paid for the program upfront. Next new tires will be installed elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Buyer Beware, I purchased tires in May of 2021 and found out in October of 2021 (from BMW when I brought my car in for oil change) that 2018 tires were put on my vehicle. Tires are not to be sold after 3 years due to warping from improper storage. I took my vehicle back to Tire Kingdom on Narcoossee and they told me that best practice for their corporation is to sell tires up to 5 years old and not disclose this to the customer. I paid just under $2000 for my tires. This is something that should have been disclosed. I would have not purchased these tires as I know that improper storage will cause the tire to wear differently and cause computer issues with my car. Tire Kingdom had the opportunity to do the right thing and they have chosen not to. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I purchased new tires from Tire Kingdom in Yulee a couple of months ago. I purchased road hazard. I originally paid $223 for two tires when I purchased the tires. A couple of weeks ago it was dark when my husband was driving and hit something in the road because he couldn't see it and he got a flat tire. He went in to get a tire with the road hazard warranty and the worker was trying to charge him $155. It makes no sense how it would be $155 when the original tire was $111.75 with road hazard with everything included. We basically paid for a warranty to be ripped off. I contacted Better Business Bureau and they sided with Tire Kingdom. This is a warning to never go there!!! It is so disgusting how they treat people and nickel and dime you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I went and got brakes done, new lifetime warranty pads premium, the best, and new rotors cost me over $350, 1 week later the caliper is dragging, wore the brake pad out so bad on that one tire, bring it back, new pads free under warranty, they were supposed to turn the rotors, and new calipers, over $550 and within 2 days the brakes are grinding, I bring it back, nothing wrong they say, they blame my tire, says it's cupping, I can't even stop with these brakes, they grind so bad, spongy, go down to the floor, I'm done, they are total rip offs, scammers, lifetime parts under so many miles in fine print, and just keep you coming back for more labor money, parts are $40 and they charge you $200, I am going to file with the BBB to get my money back, because I don't feel safe driving my car, and need to go to a real mechanic, I don't even think those guys are ASE certified because they are horrible at what they do. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Had an issue with OEM Michelin tires. 2019 Chevy Equinox. Filed a claim with Michelin and went to Tire Kingdom in Viera Florida. They couldn’t or wouldn’t give me a price for replacement. Made an appointment to have the tires replaced on Monday, today is Friday. Went to my appointment and they didn’t have the correct tires, or a price. Told them to call when I should return. Later that day they called and told me maybe Wednesday morning. I asked for a price and was told my share under warranty would be almost 700.00. I’m supposed to pay 33% of the cost for replacement. He told me the tires were more than 500.00 a piece plus balancing and disposal. Not today my friend. Went to a local non chain tire installer. Same tire was 204.00 per tire. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Seen some 225 55 17 Sumitomo tires on Tires Kingdom website, and it turns out tires are not available throughout the nation according to AJ.. Why advertise something that is not available? Then they are quickly eager to offer some tires that are so much more expensive than what they have advertise! I'll go back to Discount tire direct that has better business tactics.

Tire Kingdom author review by Kathryn Parkman

Tire Kingdom was founded in Florida in 1972. Since then, the company has joined the nationwide TBC Corporation family of companies.

• Convenient hours: Tire Kingdom stores are open early and stay open late. They are also open on Sunday.

• Major brands: Tire Kingdom stocks all major brands of tires, including BF Goodrich, Bridgestone and Continental.

• Schedule or buy online: Schedule an appointment or buy tires online, 24/7.

• Discounts: By signing up on the company website, consumers can receive discounts and special offers.

• Location: Tire Kingdom operates more than 1200 stores in 41 states, as well as in Alberta and British Columbia, Canada.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Tire Kingdom Company Information