3.2/5 (86 ratings)

Take an Extended Auto Warranty Quiz

Get matched with an Authorized Partner

Find my match

Tire Kingdom Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Kingdom?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Tire Kingdom?

Original review: Feb. 22, 2022

This has been my personal experience with the Tire Kingdom in Saint Cloud, FL. Since my complaint appears to be due to a company-wide policy, this might be true for all locations. When we had Tire Kingdom put new tires on my Mustang, we paid upfront for twice yearly tire rotation and balance for the lifetime of the tires. We also paid for a three year alignment program. Every time I made an appointment for the prepaid services, I had to sit and wait between 1.5 - 2.5 hours every single time for my car to be done. During those extended wait times, it became more and more evident that the problem was the upselling happening with customers ahead of me.

When your vehicle is taken to the garage, they check under the hood and look at all sorts of things that might allow them to upsell services or parts. I would watch the desk guys come to the waiting room and tell people, usually women, that they needed filters, or other parts and services they did not have scheduled at that time. Sometimes it was $1,000 or more in upselling. Most of the time, the women would agree so the upselling services were added to whatever they had come in to have done. This pushes all other appointment times further back and screws up everyone else’s schedule and they don’t care if you sit there for hours.

The last time I was there was January 2022. I watched this happen again. I had been sitting 1 hour and 20 minutes when a woman came in and asked if her car was done. They told her they hadn’t started it. She had dropped it off and she and her husband and grandchild had been walking around the shopping center for two hours waiting for the tires to be rotated and balanced. She got upset and told them to give her keys back so she could leave. She went outside and then her husband came in.

He lit into the manager whose only excuse was that they were a drop-off, which I took to mean they’ll get to it after people who are waiting get their service done, even though this makes no sense. Like the husband said, we make appointments for a reason…our scheduled time for our service. I became upset to hear theirs was taking so long because they were a “drop-off” and there I’d been sitting for 1 hour 20 minutes, not a drop off. It suddenly got worse when I saw my Mustang roll past the door to the garage. They were just taking it back to the garage.

So I followed my car to the garage stall and the manager was there. I called him out and asked why mine was taking so long when I wasn’t a drop-off. I asked why I had to sit 1.5 - 2.5 hours every single time I brought the car in. I yelled to the tech to do nothing except tire rotation and balance and to not touch the hood. The manager pointed to an SUV up on a lift and used the excuse that they had come in for two tires but had added two more tires and other services to their appointment time. I told him it was rude to add the services and ** up everyone else’s appointment times and he should schedule additional services as a new appointment at another time. He put two techs on my Stang to apologize for my inconvenience. It took them 20 minutes to complete the tire rotation and balance. That means my appointment time should usually only be around 30 minutes.

The manager came in to sign me out and I called him out on the upselling being the problem with appointments. I suggested he make upsales new separate appointments so he doesn’t screw-up everyone else’s schedules. He said “corporate wouldn’t like that very much”. I replied that corporate needs to respect their customers’ time.

The second time I took my Stang for rotation and balance, as I was leaving, a guy stopped me to warn me about the upselling. He said they had just ripped-off his mother in law for over $2,000 of things she didn’t need but they had convinced her she needed. The only reason I continue to take my Stang to Tire Kingdom is because we paid for the program upfront. Next new tires will be installed elsewhere.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

Buyer Beware, I purchased tires in May of 2021 and found out in October of 2021 (from BMW when I brought my car in for oil change) that 2018 tires were put on my vehicle. Tires are not to be sold after 3 years due to warping from improper storage. I took my vehicle back to Tire Kingdom on Narcoossee and they told me that best practice for their corporation is to sell tires up to 5 years old and not disclose this to the customer. I paid just under $2000 for my tires. This is something that should have been disclosed. I would have not purchased these tires as I know that improper storage will cause the tire to wear differently and cause computer issues with my car. Tire Kingdom had the opportunity to do the right thing and they have chosen not to. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

Get buying tips about Tires delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

I purchased new tires from Tire Kingdom in Yulee a couple of months ago. I purchased road hazard. I originally paid $223 for two tires when I purchased the tires. A couple of weeks ago it was dark when my husband was driving and hit something in the road because he couldn't see it and he got a flat tire. He went in to get a tire with the road hazard warranty and the worker was trying to charge him $155. It makes no sense how it would be $155 when the original tire was $111.75 with road hazard with everything included. We basically paid for a warranty to be ripped off. I contacted Better Business Bureau and they sided with Tire Kingdom. This is a warning to never go there!!! It is so disgusting how they treat people and nickel and dime you.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2021

I went and got brakes done, new lifetime warranty pads premium, the best, and new rotors cost me over $350, 1 week later the caliper is dragging, wore the brake pad out so bad on that one tire, bring it back, new pads free under warranty, they were supposed to turn the rotors, and new calipers, over $550 and within 2 days the brakes are grinding, I bring it back, nothing wrong they say, they blame my tire, says it's cupping, I can't even stop with these brakes, they grind so bad, spongy, go down to the floor, I'm done, they are total rip offs, scammers, lifetime parts under so many miles in fine print, and just keep you coming back for more labor money, parts are $40 and they charge you $200, I am going to file with the BBB to get my money back, because I don't feel safe driving my car, and need to go to a real mechanic, I don't even think those guys are ASE certified because they are horrible at what they do. BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

Had an issue with OEM Michelin tires. 2019 Chevy Equinox. Filed a claim with Michelin and went to Tire Kingdom in Viera Florida. They couldn’t or wouldn’t give me a price for replacement. Made an appointment to have the tires replaced on Monday, today is Friday. Went to my appointment and they didn’t have the correct tires, or a price. Told them to call when I should return. Later that day they called and told me maybe Wednesday morning. I asked for a price and was told my share under warranty would be almost 700.00. I’m supposed to pay 33% of the cost for replacement. He told me the tires were more than 500.00 a piece plus balancing and disposal. Not today my friend. Went to a local non chain tire installer. Same tire was 204.00 per tire. Buyer Beware!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Seen some 225 55 17 Sumitomo tires on Tires Kingdom website, and it turns out tires are not available throughout the nation according to AJ.. Why advertise something that is not available? Then they are quickly eager to offer some tires that are so much more expensive than what they have advertise! I'll go back to Discount tire direct that has better business tactics.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2021

I took my truck up the to have the tires balanced ball joint replaced and alignment. They told me it was a little over 400.00 with labor. I agreed and had them do the work. Even told them to d9 the back breaks with they told me 96.00. Well when I got the bill it was over 800.00. Something's on the order was **. Brake fluid 10.00…? It was fill to the line when I brought it in. Not only was it shaking on the way home but now my brakes work half the time and other times it goes near the floor. Still had old wheel weights on the tires. Being a mechanic myself for 21 years. This was a big fail for them. BTW guys learn about psi. It's 44psi not 35psi in the tires I had. Even a bad mechanic knows this much. Keep this up and you are going to get someone hurt or worse..killed.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2021

I’m from a small town that had never heard of Tire Kingdom until one opened after a Cat 5 hurricane. The manager, Jesse was wonderful and treated everyone that was waiting for a tire or repair with respect and care. I’ve sent many friends and clients there recently, and I always hear negative back, not about the manager, but about the other employees that seem to need to prove something instead of do their job. Listen to the manager and make your client happy. Never the same worker there, which is never a good sign, and I just went for a tire and the great manager who made that store amazing, Jesse is gone!!! There are too many new tire places in town now for me to even mess with the arrogant employees there. Seems like the higher up management is rewarding the proper people and it’s a shame. They won’t ever have my business or anyone I can spread the word to. Bye bye.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

On Saturday August 14, 2021 I walked into Tire Kingdom to get an estimate on tires, front end alignment and brakes. The front desk person was very informative but lacked knowledge on communication skills. I did not want the work started until I was explained the full cost of the job. The next thing I look out in the garage and my car is up on the rack being worked on. I told the manager I didn't want the work done until I got the estimate and could afford the work. He immediately became abusive in language and his actions.

He immediately kicked me out of the store and continued to follow me yelling at me and that there was something wrong with me and that I was a terrible person. I would have never expected this type of treatment from a company let alone the manager of this establishment. I would not recommend this location to anyone and not trust this poor excuse for a manager. He should be terminated from his position and never represent this establishment.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

I went to Tire Kingdom in Hallandale Beach to get an oil change and tire rotation. They did not rotate my tires as two of them were pretty worn. When I got in my car to leave after I paid, my car wouldn't start. Little did I know because no one checked my battery and it was BAD. I had only had the battery for a year so found a Nissan Dealership in Pembroke, they were great BTW. I did not feel comfortable with Tire Kingdom so had them check out my car. I got a new battery. No charge. Still under warranty, they checked I had NO oil in my car. When I got to the dealership my car was revving up so bad I thought my car was going to blow up. I asked them if they could put a little oil in there, drove my car back to Tire Kingdom, the guy came out and checked in. Said, "OH you must have an oil leak." Mind you I've had this car since it was new and can tell you everything about it, I have never had an oil leak, PLEASE do not go here for servicing for your car!!!!

Tire Kingdom author review by Kathryn Parkman

Tire Kingdom was founded in Florida in 1972. Since then, the company has joined the nationwide TBC Corporation family of companies.

• Convenient hours: Tire Kingdom stores are open early and stay open late. They are also open on Sunday.

• Major brands: Tire Kingdom stocks all major brands of tires, including BF Goodrich, Bridgestone and Continental.

• Schedule or buy online: Schedule an appointment or buy tires online, 24/7.

• Discounts: By signing up on the company website, consumers can receive discounts and special offers.

• Location: Tire Kingdom operates more than 1200 stores in 41 states, as well as in Alberta and British Columbia, Canada.

by Kathryn Parkman ConsumerAffairs Research Team

As a member of the ConsumerAffairs Research Team, Kathryn Parkman believes everyone deserves easy access to accurate and comprehensive information on products and businesses before they make a purchase, which is why she spends hours researching companies and industries for ConsumerAffairs. She believes conscious consumption is everyone's responsibility and that all content deserves integrity.

Tire Kingdom Company Information